8.9

1. Oct 4, 2010
    Wow, this game was incredible back in 1995 when I was a sophomore in college. My friends and I were in awe even with its DOS talking installer. The game was rad. Sure, there were bugs, multiplayer were iffy, etc.
  2. Nov 17, 2010
    It was an awesome game when I first played this game
  3. Aug 5, 2011
    Being released in 1995, it obviously doesn't hold up as well as it could. But at the time, this game was awesome. If you're a fan of games of that era and you can stomach the troublesome interface, then check out C&C1.
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    Es ist ein sehr tolles Spiel das jeder Strategiespielfan gespielt haben muss. Man darf natürlich nicht die Grafik mit modernen Spielen vergleichen aber das Gameplay ist immer noch aktuell obwohl es schon sehr alt ist.
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    Awesome game to kick off the hugely popular RTS series.

Still 1 of the best games in the series,if a little outdated now.
    Has great units,great maps and great dialogue.
  6. Feb 29, 2012
    ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL REAL TIME STRATEGY GAMES OF ALL TIME. C&C, that's all i have to say. this game, after DUNE II and before Starcraft, got the RTS genre into motion. it got people hooked to RTS games, and gaming in general. I only say this because it is 2012 but, for it time C&C was mind blowing, and a boost to the gaming community, and people who have never played any games before. 10/10 -one of the most original, and influential real time strategy games of all time. Expand
  7. Feb 4, 2013
    Arguably one of the classic games of all time, definitely for the RTS genre. This game had it all, two FMV-driven plots where you could play as the conventional, UN-backed Global Defense Initiative (GDI) or the radical terrorist group, the Brotherhood of Nod. Pounding your enemy with near-future weapons to the rocking soundtrack by Frank Klepacki is a memorable highlight of this game. The ability to choose your starting position each time you attacked a new territory and primitive multiplayer also ensured the game had good replay for its time. Expand
  8. May 30, 2012
    An absolute classic. I've played every C&C game and expansion ever made and the first one still does it for me every time. They perfectly stuck the balance between camp and serious strategy without going over the line on either. It's pure fun. Death to Kane!
  9. Aug 1, 2012
    This was the first computer game I ever bought and I was totally memorized with it--so it definitely has a special place in my heart. Judging it by the standards of its time, this game was revolutionary. While its gameplay and graphics feel very antiquated by today's standards (over 15 years later), it still boasts an amazing and memorable soundtrack and an interesting storyline which introduces one of the most badass villains in video game history. Now that this game is available as freeware with unofficial patches to get it running on modern computers, there's no excuse for not playing this classic game. Expand
  10. Jun 11, 2013
    Cruel, merciless and untamed. That's how C&C started the RTS genre. This game--- sorry, I'll fix that, this LEGEND, made me scream harsh words so much, it unsettled the folks at home every time I played it. It was ruthless and tore apart players, who didn't think, very quickly. Ahh, the nostalgia of painful pleasure. Peace through power!
  11. Aug 30, 2012
    The nostalgic feeling I get form thinking about this RTS trend setter for so many games. Made me start getting into the genre I will never leave. Just epic.
  12. Nov 16, 2012
    Command & Conquer was a beast in the RTS genre at the time of its release. It took the best parts of Dune 2: the battle for arrakis and made it better. Not only was the music great the story line and graphics were too. This game was a big improvement on previous RTS games and i am sure games like Starcraft, TA, and Dark Reign took a lot from this game. This is the game that started the cnc series Nod vs GDI it did not disappoint at the time and it still doesn't, one of the best. Expand
  13. Dec 7, 2012
    When I saw this in the metacritic top rated games of all time, I felt a wave of nostalgia. I remember spending hours on this game. Of course it did help that I was really into the army and action/military movies at the time so this helped to sate my great thirst for such media and experiences. The story was also quite ridiculous but interesting and cool. Father of all current RTS games, I would hazard to say. While subsequent iterations (and there are a lot of them) have been hits and misses, I do remember and highly praise the original C&C. Expand
  14. Sep 26, 2013
    The game that changed RTS games forever. For the time, the graphics were great and the gameplay fantastic. Granted, at the time I did think it was just a polished up version of Dune 2, but a damn fine one.

Overall:
    While it is dated by today's standards, this is one of those games that deserves respect and has earned its seat in gaming history.
  15. May 16, 2013
    Command & Conquer is a great real time strategy game that revolutionized all RTS. It's set in stone countless games that we hear & play today. It does have it's issues as any game that was in development in that time. The AI is almost non-existent. The storyline however was immensely creative and leaved you wanting to play more. If your looking for a old RTSer, this game is for you!
  16. Jun 18, 2013
    Even now an enjoyable and fun RTS game with an interesting story, and great units. Command and conquer has some of the best aspects of what an RTS game should have and I find is a lot more fun than the command and conquers of today's time. The best thing about this game is that it required you a lot more to think about the mission and instead of striking straight on, you had to think more tactically unlike today's command and conquers where you seem to build a base build an army and destroy the enemy. All in all a great game that I would buy even today. Expand
  17. Sep 28, 2013
    Best game of my life for sure I wonder if it will ever be made a remake for Android or Windows, just like the original, where resource gathering is the fun of the game, as the combat. thats it best game ever
  18. Jul 2, 2014
    I loved this game, bought every flavour which ever came to Mac! Never played multiplayer, but played the strategies over and over, eventually mastered the art of creating my own maps.
  19. Aug 18, 2014
    This Game is the BEST Strategie Game EVER *-*
    I Have this Game 1995 on the Playstation (1) every holy **** day and this is so funny atombomb cheat and and and xD
  20. Sep 30, 2010
    C&C is the original gamers RTS. This game has great music and had excellent graphics for its day as well as an interesting story. this game is the model for today's strategy games.
  21. Jan 1, 2012
    Back in 95 there were very few good RTS games.
    C&C was not only good but new and special in its way.
    Its well flowing gameplay combined with its awesome soundtrack and cutscenes created a good atmosphere that made the game very enjoyable to play and to re-play.

1. If you like strategy gaming, get Command & Conquer. [Nov 1995, p.108]
  2. An awesome game, and exceptional fun. If you're a fan of "Dune II" or "Warcraft" then this one will be a winner.
  3. Playing the entire conflict in the role of the other side makes for twice the gameplay value, and I don't even want to think about what's going to happen when the six-player networkable version comes out. Highly, highly recommended.