8.9

1. Aug 5, 2014
    Simply One of the most Challenging and Tactical games there ever were . Take a force of Elite Commandos over 10 challenging missions over different terrains. It is better then Company of Heroes 1 & 2 . It is one of the best strategy games there ever were. Bonus Missions make the game even more interesting! MUST BUY . 10/10
  2. Oct 27, 2013
    I think with these you either love them or hate them. These days they're horrible to look at and still as hard as ever. But for some people these are the best games ever made. Sadly. I don't count amongst that number.
  3. CBZ
    Dec 25, 2012
    Amazing game, great strategic elements and a very immersive music. Graphics are great cosidering when the game came out.
    Best of the commandos series and a must play for the strategy stealth lovers.
  4. Nov 24, 2012
    In my opinion the best strategy game. It has everything. A variety of tactics can be used to complete the missions ranging from stealth to assaults. The bonus missions, medals and ranking makes it even more exciting. A better thing maybe would have been to start the ranks from lieutenant rather than corporal but it doesnt really make a difference in the gameplay. Every mission has a lot of diversity and keeps you on the edge of your seats while playing. Expand
  5. Jun 18, 2012
    This game is not for the faint of heart or the weak of mind.

From the looks of it, there are a small number of individuals who gave this game absolutely appalling, low scores. I understand the whole concept of 'respect another persons opinion' but dudes? I could beat the missions when I was 9. This game isn't hard if you know how to examine a few key elements.

Like TurboMan...
    You say that you played the game for 7 hours and couldn't beat the training mission, let me just say it took me 7 minutes... You must have forgotten to use the radio to call in the tank (I hope so anyway). Don't worry, simple mistake on your part. Not worth an offensive 1 rating though.

CalumL... I'll do myself a "fiver" and wish I could rate this game a 30 to make up for your stupid '0' rating tacked onto that incoherent rant. You must have gotten killed a few too many times, am I right? Or maybe you didn't know how to complete a mission or two, and just stared at the screen for a while... I'd hate to see how you feel during "Is Paris Burning?" Your opinion is "utterly balls" my fellow.

GaborA: It's a game that requires you to think. Go play COD-5 if you want a puzzle game.

And last but not least, NGM...
    "non-masochists need not apply." I never felt any pain playing this game. Of course then again, I guess I didn't play it right... I should have stuffed my head between my haunches and used my toes to work the controls.
  6. Mar 11, 2012
    This game is one of the best I have played, the reason I created a metacritic account and if you can overlook the dated graphics a truly rewarding experience. Single player alone would warrant the 10 rating however as co-operative with 2-3 friends it is astoundingly good and responsible for some of my most treasured gaming memories.

Recent mods can be downloaded to change the game and
    make it even more challenging... as if it wasnt challenging enough.

Hopefully if Commandos 4 is ever released it will draw from this legacy and not the disappointment that was Commandos 3.
  7. Dec 4, 2011
    There's this excellent aura that works well with pretty graphics for 2.5D and its level of difficulty. There's nothing more fun than setting up a plan and killing a myriad of enemies. At first, it was really hard and only because I kept rushing. Finally I got around to accepting this wasn't a rambo-esq style game but more of a stealth and conquer. All in all, if you want superb strategy, try out this iteration in the Commando series.

Design gets a 9 for the time it was made.
    Sound is just enthralling and the voice-overs are spot on.
    Gameplay is fluid and not restrictive for 2.5D
    Plot is average, nothing too enticing but it pans out nicely
  8. Sep 27, 2011
    jednoznacne nejlepsi dil cele teto serie. I kdyz trochu zamrzi, ze se nemusi jit tak potichu a opatrne jako v prvnim dile, vynahrazuje to spad hry a velikost map. Grafika je uzasna a szit se s vasim komandem trva jednu dve mise
  9. Dec 14, 2010
    Commandos 2 is one of my top 5 favorite games, and one of only 3 games i've bough full price at release because i enjoyed the first games so much. Not sure what the hell CalumL is on about, the game is nearly 10 years old and the graphics still look great. X3, Runaway and Fallout2 are not even in the same genre as this so why are even they mentioned?
  10. Mar 11, 2012

Recent mods can be downloaded to change the game and
    make it even more challenging... as if it wasnt challenging enough.

1. A hard game. Those without degrees in strategy gaming will find their task daunting and, in many cases, too hard to accomplish. Lucky for me I'm well versed in the ways of the special forces.
    Shines as one of the most addictive and compelling strategy titles of 2001.
  3. Feed the dog, kiss the wife goodbye, and tell work that you’re very ,very sick then start playing Commandos 2, and don’t blame me when you’re staring at the ceiling in the middle of the night thinking about how you could have completed the mission a better way.