• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
1.9

Overwhelming dislike- based on 5826 Ratings

1. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game offends me, my family and loved ones!
    I demand to stop sales and of the penalty a fine on the company!!!!!!!!!
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    The performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to play with random players, including laggers, nubs and quitters. In an online match there is always some1 who is kicked or drop in the first 5 minutes of the match, so yeah you end up playing with the cpu or vs the cpu because the amount of people suffering performance issues is huge. There is absolutely nothing better in this sequel. Graphics are almost the same as CoH1. Its a huge waste of money. Probably the guys who did CoH1 no longer work in relic. The game is a huge failure. Also, if you were 1 of those who used to play on maps like gap or scheldt forget about them because you wont see a similar maps on this game. Oh 1 more thing, they also removed the chat rooms. Relic/sega/thq NEVER AGAIN! Expand
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Most importantly, this game's plot involves the complex matter as the USSR history in the WW2. One does not simply get a random 'parahistory' book and write a story that sells in millions of copies. The way the game developers see the conflict is disgusting.
    Here in CIS we do believe that WWII was won by the Allies, who do represent the best of human qualities like bravery, cunning,
    self-sacrificial courage and honesty. The game developers see the best of the USSR as instantly evil thing. It's not like that at all.

Second reason is to protect the young people from that propaganda. Every person should think for itself, but it's difficult to do when you're a teenager. In the CIS countries you CAN buy a box game even if you DO NOT hit the necessary age. So the only way to solve a problem is through you.

And the last reason is to make the game developers listen to the voice of sanity. If you do accept our call, them Relics will think twice before releasing a game with THAT kind of plot.
  4. Jul 24, 2013
    I'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes of mongols in backs if they would not attack, executing those who would attack before they used their whistles, he even made surgery to some of the wounded, that saved their lives, he helped thousands of victims of Bolsheviks who managed to escape from their penal troops, making them new faces and documents, transplanted extermites to those who had 4 or less so they could live.
    Bolsheviks killed everyone, they closed people in houses and burned them alive inside, it was Stalins order as we know now, I even saw this order in museum of WW2 in Toronto. As we know now Stalin was the pure evil, he not only killed 200 million in his own country, but ordered to execute all germans. Nobody survived in territories occupied by Bolsheviks, my grandfather managed to escape from his private clinic where Bolsheviks locked him up with polish partisans who were shot in backs during Warsaw rebellion and whom he tried to help. Only him managed to survive and escape to the west, to territory liberated by our democratic friends, who listened to his story and helped him hide from Bolsheviks. Later, as he said, all territories that were occupied by Bolsheviks were settled by OGPU agents, disguised as germans, so he told me to beware of eastern germans, if I decide to go to Berlin.
    I'm very grateful for finally it is time for the truth even in games, it is sad that game has Mature rating, for every kid should know about heroism of people like my grandfather who fought together with American friends against bolshevism and genocide it brought. Please contact me for more info about my grandfather if you want to make a game about him!
    10 out of 10!
  5. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
  6. Jul 24, 2013
    Games such as KoH2 in Russian called "VYSER". This game presents false picture of history of Great Patriotic War.
    IMHO, Relics study in school alternative history of Earth in XX century..

PS Sorry for bad english...
  7. Jul 25, 2013
    Why do we let canada be a country? xD Cool story, Relic.
    I wish I could rate this with negative score.
    I hope there is a separate cauldron in hell for developers of this "game".
    Cauldron of Hell 2. kekeke
  8. Jul 29, 2013
    bad bad bad bad game based on fictional book collection of liberal, american ang nazi myths. do not buy, do not support developers, avoid at all costs
  9. Jul 29, 2013
    Goebbels endorses this game! Relic able to accurately reproduce his speeches. Bravo! On the official forum of the game all the questions about the inaccuracies in the singleplayer ignored by them. Members of the former Soviet Union block by IP-address.
  10. Jul 30, 2013
    Full historical unauthenticity. Relic, It is shame! Stupid game. Don't buy it! It doesn't cost that money which for it ask. I so long waited this game. You disappointed me.
  11. Jul 30, 2013
    As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.

Many will say, "It's just a game, do not treat it so seriously!" And they would be right, if the game was named, for example, "Scum on the war," but the game is called "Company of Heroes 2" Company of HEROES, and represents USSR and Joseph Stalin's policy and events which allegedly took place in Soviet Union during the World War II. If a game of such "quality" was made ​​by historical events that took place in Canada, the U.S., Britain or any other "civilized" country, it would have risen a great scandal, but in this case we see the score of 80 and good reviews. Looks stupid and ugly.

If Relic has ever had an image, then after CoH2 release, it's hopelessly and permanently trashed to the ground and below. Shame on you.
  12. Aug 1, 2013
    All that is new in this game scenario (compared with the previous part). And script Nazi ****.
    If you are a Nazi, hate Russia and all the countries of Eastern Europe this game is made for you.
  13. Aug 1, 2013
    It was a good game, I really enjoyed all previous parts. But this? No history, no tactics, no gameplay. Just "Doctor Zhivago" old crap. According to campaign scenario, Russians had no chance to win the war, all missions are completely illogical. Multiplayer is unbalanced, graphics is old. Complete loss of money.
  14. Aug 1, 2013
    my grandfather cry, if he see you awful history.There is nothing more frustrating that you have done. If you are so you can see our country, our heroes, you are stupid and illiterate people. And no you do not give the right to deface the memory of our heroes and our country.dont buy this game
  15. Aug 2, 2013
    Dear Relic. I have some ideas to your next game.
    1. genre Manage/Busin simulator. Target is to manage Dahau or Auschwitz. Torture or burn prisoners, medical experiments, gas cameras... For you, people without honor and conscientious it`s really mice business idea.
  16. avh
    Aug 2, 2013
    This game pretends to be historically accurate, but it's not at all.
    Plot is extremely important in this type of games, so it doesn't deserve big scores.
  17. Aug 2, 2013
    After playing first 2 minutes of the game I felt like it would be much better if I just throw my money away.
    Hate this game with all fibres of my soul. This game is offensive, lying, disgusting crap.
    Hope you burn in hell for it Relic, you damn nazis.
    Will never buy anything else from you.
    This so-called Company of "Heroes" can't be recommended to anyone pure junk.
  18. Aug 4, 2013
    Then I played Company of Heroes 2 single player campaign. I’m yet to finish it, because it is literally painful to play something this dumb and yet so full of pathos. Developers got a couple of anecdotes about Russians and based a whole damn storyline on them.

From scenes with surrendering Germans being brutally murdered to soldiers abandoning their own comrades on a bridge Company of
    Heroes 2 paints Soviet Army as a fantasy evil empire. Mordor of World War II if you will. Orcs.

CoH2 manages to use almost every single Russia-related trope. Gulag? Check. Army without any weapons? Check. Russians shooting their own soldiers in the back sure, why not, they do it all the time there. Oh, and let’s not forget about cold weather and funny sounding names. By the third mission I was honestly expecting to see bear cavalry.

At least they got swearing right.

Too many things that Company of Heroes 2 does wrong.
  19. Aug 1, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is a good example why so many people install a pirated game first before deciding if the game is worth purchasing. The storyline is complete bull and frankly offensive. Included in this game are exaggerations, intentional historical inaccuracies and anti-Slavic sentiment.

To the makers of this game: swallow and choke on a bag of djcks.
  20. Jul 15, 2013
    Keeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keep firing directly into their own cover. It ruins the gameplay if you ask me. Oh year, in one mission whilst supposedly being backet up by a friendly army group (in the campaign) the AI keeps attacking the commisar stationed at my barracks when deploying conscripts, hitting and destroying my own buildings. Makes me ask myself if they even bothered to test the game. Expand
  21. Jul 9, 2013
    I picture a Sega Boardroom meeting: "The game sucks and all of Relic developers left? Sell the pre-order! Screw the loyal fans and franchise!. This game blows! COH is my favorite game too. Totally uninspired maps where a mongloditic ape can win by continuously spawning more reds to attack Germans. Is it still a RTS game if no strategy required? Not releasing it would have been way better as this game was iconic. FU SEGA, you greedy cum-queefing felch-belchers! Expand
  22. Jul 23, 2013
    If lying sometime becomes a crime, developers will go to prison for life. This is holy war for people, which's parents and grandparents were here. you'll doe in hell
  23. Jul 26, 2013
    The multiplayer part is where this game truly shines; however, the campaign, which is being positioned as "based on historical events" is not only lacking the accuracy, but is also based on stereotypes and prejudice that is common for the Western part of the world, "Red Heat"-with-Schwarzenegger-style. In my opinion, this makes the game sorely lacking in terms of depth and immersion of those of us, who didn't skip on their history lessons. Here's to hoping that Relic learns from their mistakes and, should they make another CoH title in the future, invite/interview remotely some the veterans of the WoW2 or, at the very least, read more history books not published in U.S., so they'd have any clue what was really going on. Expand
  24. Jul 31, 2013
    Game can and is good in a multiplayer, but...
    Dull attempt to blacken the Soviet history. Stupidly, very stupidly, Relic. How many to you paid for this nonsense?
  25. Jul 29, 2013
    Stupid game! In this game, the Soviet soldiers shows how the soldiers of the Reich, only worse! It's all lies! Shame people who created this horrible game.
  26. Jul 29, 2013
    I don't get what it takes to give a positive review on this game. It's not even close to the successful first part.
    I even don't know why is it called "Company of Heroes 2" except for marketing reasons since all the Russian persons (except Lev Abramovich Isakovich) in the game are either traitors, either cowards, either sadists or all together combined. If you really hate Soviet people
    that much, if your name is Hitler, Goebbels or Ronald Reagan than this is your game.
    Probably, the developers wanted to compensate their unability to create a successful game by turning it into an outcrying Russophobe propaganda piece.
  27. Jul 29, 2013
    Actually I dissapointed in this game. It has many good old stereotypes about "evil russian orcs from Deep Mordor" but why I cannot eat kids and rape womens (or vice versa) to complete campaign? Where is my 80 millions raped german civilians and my big choppa to kill them thereafter?
    Relics, if you are making games about bloodlust, chaotic and stomping orcs use all the folklore and
    give us more blood for behalf of the Blood God. Expand
  28. Jul 30, 2013
    This game full of national stereotypes! Shame on developers and on fans of game! You thought Japan did no war crimes, Nazi German did no crimes, only communists, Chinese and Russian did! But History will show the true state of your moral condition
  29. Jul 30, 2013
    Disgusting and deceitful game. Political trash. Scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans. This game is a nazi propaganda. Joseph Goebbels applauds to the Relics studio.
  30. Jul 30, 2013
    Singleplayer campaign is bad, it's made by Nazi. Bad Nazi's Relic, are you lying about soviet army. Portraying of Soviet peoples in this game was ridiculous.
  31. Jul 30, 2013
    epic fail....
    bad game looks like cheap propaganda....
    evil russians vs evil germany really ?
    may be it was soviet vs nazi no ?
    made for alternative history fans.....

Hitler Liked!
  32. Jul 30, 2013
  33. Jul 30, 2013
    relic, are you nuts? War is war, there are always negative sides, but do not dare to put that sh*t to the first place in any of your future opuses ever, especially the way you made it in CoH 2. Do not even try to shatter and cancel memories of our fathers and of what took place in reality. USSR was attacked by Hitler's Germany and each and every of soviet people wanted to free country from fascist occupation after all. Despite all the privation of years of war. Despite the Stalin's dictatorship. What you've done with plot is absolutely unbearable and will be remembered, be sure of that. Expand
  34. Jul 31, 2013
    The whole story of this game could be a stupid joke. Nevertheless the developers say that the story is based on true historic events. And that is so far from truth as the Earth is far from the Sun. It looks like Relic was overran by modern Nazis. Fight them off or be prepared to go down like Hitler did in 1945.
  35. Jul 31, 2013
    Relic ignore opinion of soviet players on company and online unfair.
    Game shows russians like animals, more evil than Nazi. Serious i play german company in COH1 and there was not a word about crimes of germans! They are just honest and noble while russians are evil that kills its own people with no reason.
    And game start in 1941 when all world losing to germans you all remember that
    COH1 starts in 1944 june (war starts in 1939) when germany was already defeated by USSR and Relic show only victories of US/Uk Expand
  36. Jul 31, 2013
    Awful compilation of ignorance and lie/ it just outraging! We have to teach some lazy companies not to make some just becouse they think it is a good way to take our money!
  37. Jul 31, 2013
    I registered on this site just to write a review on this game, because I've never met such a dreadful lie and falsification of historical facts. I think the old well-known Return to castle Folfenshtain is more realistic about the World war 2). Absolutely improbable storyline and characters, false historical picture. I think, Hitler and other Nazis would be vary thankful to the Relic for creating such a "game". Expand
  38. Jul 31, 2013
    It's awful, just awful.
    Developers of the "creation" should be ashamed of such a distortion of history. I guess they just are members of the National Socialist Party.
    I think, Hitler and Goebbelswould be vary thankful to the Relic for creating this great piece of
  39. Aug 1, 2013
    Well, now I hate Relic. Did you play Company of Heroes 2? No? Good! Because they have slinged mud on Soviet soldiers, Polish people, Soviet sitizens (as we know, half of Russians were in jail, and another half were escorting them), and logic, LOGIC F@CK THEM!!! I know that their sourses of information were friends on Facebook, but they had slinged mud on all soldies of the world! Where's f@cking LOGIC? If Relic reads this: listen to the strange sound in the night it's Joseph Goebbels applauses you for the great lies. This company shows that his work lives and will live. F@ck you, Relic. F@ck you. Oh, and also watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2m4SCUaBHS8 (but gameplay is good) Expand
  40. Aug 1, 2013
    Goebbels is started party in hell when this "game" released. Never thought that such nazi storyline can exist in any entertaiment product in our days. It's enough just to read Wiki to understand that screenplayers of Relic must follow destiny of Hitler and Co. I really wish somebody make such game about all Canada. To show all insignificance of this stupid country.
    Wish Relic burn in hell
    for this. Expand
  41. Aug 1, 2013
    The problem I had when playing the campaign was how ridiculously exaggerated everything was, to the point where I couldn't take a single word anybody said seriously. It's deeper than the campaign, even in regular gameplay. It makes the whole Soviet army, down to the frontline soldier, look like one-dimensional caricatures.
  42. Aug 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played dawn of war from relic I liked it, i played company of heroes 1 i liked it. I played company of heroes 2 and i understand what need to be called a bad game I dont want to talk about disbalance i want to say that the history of the Soviet Union was flooded with mud. Dont bue this game if you respect your self. Expand
  43. Aug 2, 2013
    This game insults all Soviet soldiers. Do not buy this game. The plot in this game distorts historical facts.
    The game is so disgusting that it is not put into words.
    Sega, I ask you to dismiss all employees relic games.In particular, their writer.They all lack of talent.
  44. Aug 2, 2013
    That's not bad game. Thats's crime. I feel insulted and I'm outraged. The minimum that I require from the makers of the game it's recantation. Primitive propaganda, extremely poor quality and abusive content it's not just a mistake, it's a failure.
  45. Aug 2, 2013
    -bad optimization
    -story about good nazi and bad soviet soldier.
    -25$? maximum price for this nazi-like game 5$.
    - awful AI
    -good networkgame without balance(nazi power)
  46. Aug 2, 2013
    This game dishonours memory of my ancestors. And the memory of Millions of soldiers and officers of the Red Army, whom liberated the world from the Nazi plague.
    This game is full crap.
  47. Jul 31, 2013
    Can't even play the game. When I try to start it I get an error message saying "Company of heroes 2 has detected it is running in compatibility mode. This is unsupported and should be addressed before launching the game. Attempting to run in compatibility mode will cause the game to run improperly or likely crash. To solve this, ensure neither Company of Heroes 2 or Steam is running in compatibility mode."

There are some registry hacks out there to solve the problem, but it doesn't work for me.
  48. Jul 9, 2013
    Keine Kaufempfehlung für Multiplayerfans! Warum? Ihr könnt euch nicht wie bei CoH1 die Maps Gegner oder den Modus wählen. Ihr bekommt zufällig eine Karte und eure Gegner und Spielt nur mit Siegmarken. Jedoch finde ich die Grafik nicht schlecht. Fazit: Singelplayer: JA Multiplay: NEIN, kauf dir lieber CoH1
  49. Aug 1, 2013
    Why Russians Hate Company of Heroes 2 [BadComedian] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8 Criticism of negative ideological stereotypes in the game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_of_Heroes_2 Russian video blog 'Bad Comedian' accused the game of Nazism and multiple offensive falsifications of World War 2 history, stemming from greatly exaggerated Cold War stereotypes. The second installment is contrasted against the first, wherein American soldiers are depicted as titular heroes, prepared to fight honorably for a foreign land; while in Company of Heroes 2, Soviet troops are going out of their way not to fight for their own.

In a 25-minute analysis, multiple pseudohistorical stereotypes about warfare in the Eastern Front are pointed out. Among the alleged inaccuracies are: blatant and consistent disregard for human life among Soviet commanders (which, had it been real, would have been suicidal to the successful war effort and goes against actual number of casualties and historical data); widespread instances of zagradotryads meaninglessly slaughtering own troops, as well as instances of routine extrajudicial executions of Soviet soldiers by members of NKVD; casual atrocities by Soviet troops against Soviet civilians (such as burning people alive in their homes); reluctance and outright refusal of Soviet troops to fight the invaders at every turn, even threatened with death by their superiors; extremely poor military competence of both enlisted personnel and their commanders; and even the premise of the campaign, the instance in which an NKVD (internal affairs) officer takes command of an Army unit. The approach of the game's writers is likened to practices of Joseph Goebbels; as an example of this, a quote by Marshal Vasilevsky is given in one of the mission briefings, in which he expresses reluctance to fight the enemy at all as it turns out, the actual quote was written by Vasilevsky in 1917, when he was a member of Tsarist Army and was reconsidering his allegiance. According to 'Bad Comedian' Russians were shown as brutal and not intelligent barbarians, who did not want to protect their homeland, what was considered as Russophobia and insult to memory of Russian heroes of World War II.

A petition to make the game unobtainable in Commonwealth of Independent States was initiated.
  50. Jul 31, 2013
    Dont buy this piece of crap! My AV catched a Trojan! Graphics is 90s, sound is awful. Computer was brought to a grinding halt and almost exploded from overheating. Save your time and money.
  51. Jul 29, 2013
    I should say at once that my great-grandfathers and grandfathers did not fight in WW2, they were among those who at that time worked like crazy in the rear to help front, or sat in the camps, the prisoners which, oddly enough, also did not want to win Hitler and often fought in the military units on the side of the Red Army, and fought well, although it was not for that love of Stalin. But they loved their country, and do not want their country, and then the whole world had been captured by the Nazis.

To my friends from the West didn't call me a fan of Stalin, I say again that I don't love him for what he put in prison my great-grandfather of all his sons, and then my grandmother, she was then fifteen years old, all of them were working at the construction sites of the Gulag (the White Sea Canal, coal mines in Donetsk), they were not able to return to normal life.My grandmother was not able to end the life or find a good job or get married, due to this fact of his biography.

My grandmother was not able to end the life or find a good job or get married, due to this fact of his biography (it was in a small town in the Urals, the name of which you will not say anything.) My father even though he was a little boy then, very well remember all this, and a lot of what I said. For example, about the fact that the head of the plant was a prison where he could put anyone he does not like, for ten days. My father was often walked near the prison. He saw children behind bars, and wondered why they were there, and it's here in freedom. I told all this to let you know that I have nothing to romanticize the history of my Motherland. I know its light and dark sides are better than you, who taught our history textbooks, for unknown, being on the other side of the world, I don't have to teach it.

Despite knowing all of these dark sides of history, which I have already said, I believe that the story of your game offensive to those who fought then, and for all of us because it shows us that we are all descendants of either cowards or traitors.Yes, then the fear, have been questioning, it was a lot of bad things, a lot of officers and men end up in prison, but the essence of the war was not the case. The essence of war in the courage of people who shed his blood did not give Hitler to take over the Soviet Union, followed by other countries.

Read the memoirs of German soldiers, if you do not believe Russian. They do not need to exaggerate the prowess as they called us, "Russian pig". But they talk about how people perform miracles of heroism, like burning people alive until the last shot at the enemy, as the trooper, who was sitting in a burning tank, left without a leg shot to the last, like, five Russian attacked and decimated an entire battalion of the half, while being killed.

You missed the important thing is that it was higher than the fear of ending up in prison or even the fear of death. This is the love of country and the need to protect her. The soldiers wrote on the walls of the blood, "We die, but do not give up" "We fought to the last drop of blood, revenge for us," "Farewell to Homeland" not because he was standing behind someone who dictated it to them. It was their need, dictated by the love of his country, its citizens, its people and all the peoples of the world, finally.

There is one important thing that Western historians do not pay attention: if Europe Hitler wanted to conquer the simple, make it work for yourself, then Russia and all Slavic countries, he wanted to destroy, leaving no one there. The policy of scorched earth the Nazis did not Russian. Burning villages alive did the Nazis, not Russian.Heaps of corpses of innocent old men, women and children is also done by the Germans. See videos, photos, materials Nuremberg finally there are reflected all war crimes. In such a situation, we had no choice: fight or go home. Or to fight and win, or you will not have no home, no life. It's all understood.

Your game is called "Company of Heroes", but there are no heroes. It has officers traitors and murderers, and soldiers cowards who would be happy to go home but can not because they are being driven machines. There's no honor, no courage, no victory over the enemy, but there is tenderness over the innocently murdered surrendering fascist (kill informant it's very clever.) The plot of your game deceitful and insulting to all veterans of that war, not only Russian, but also for anyone who remembers what we were all fighting.Thus, the game is more supportive of the Nazis than fighting against them (by the way, the gaming features of the Nazis really given a head start, you really wanted to see how they will win in the World)? Perhaps the swastika in the logo of your company really is not there by accident.

As for the gameplay, nothing has changed from the first part (it was much better). As for the gamestory, it is extremely offensive to all veterans of war and their child. This is bad game
  52. Jul 30, 2013
    Don't buy it
    This game gives Russians a bad name, game play is often repetitive, unsatisfying game play, lackluster soundtrack, very demanding graphics, gives this game a negative score.
  53. Jul 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The big lie about the Soviet army. I'm disgusted, as shown by our history.
    Technical data of Soviet military equipment understated.
    Was used as the source of lying movie "Enemy at the Gate".
    Price for this game too high.
    No new ideas after the first part of the series
    ...
    ugly trash... Company of Liars 2.
  54. Jul 31, 2013
    1) horrible campaign! who are you, the Canadians gave the right lower face in the dirt 20 million Russian victims in this war? Who do you think you are?
    2) let's try to play multiplayer! and what do we see? IMBALANCE!! Flown to the desktop! Lags! Connect to the opponent THE LEVEL OF YOUR MORE SEVERAL TIMES!
    3) let's look at the graphics! OPTIMIZATION! Optimization of the worst! IT
    OPTIMIZATION IN THIS GAME! I go Battlefield3 and Crysis3 no lag on medium settings! shame! I gave 1000 rubles for this?? roll to hell Expand
  55. Aug 1, 2013
    Seems like relic cant read, because history in this game shown EPICLY wrong. Too much historical and logical errors in single player and disbalanced multiplayer. Shame on relic. Just shame
  56. Aug 1, 2013
    I just nearly fell off my chair looking at the critical acclaim, or they have a screw loose downs of African nursing homes because they say it's a great game, or they squandered all the lessons of history dedicated to the Second World War. (I apologize for such a dramatic statement, but in this case, no other way)
  57. Aug 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Storyline terribly outrageous. Disgusting lie. I regret the time spent and money. Unexpectedly, a meanness of the writers game. The game is not a seat beside POLITICAL PROPAGANDA... Expand
  58. Aug 1, 2013
    Awesome game,great gameplay and one of the best multiplayer RTS i've ever known, but nevertheless the plot is a complete Everyone knows about war crimes during WWII,but relic made game completely about bad parts of Russian history,despite ENORMOUS effort and heroism of Soviet soldiers.
  59. Aug 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The worst game in the history of mankind. Such scenario could only write a Nazi. Shame on the developers of this stool. Pity your brain and do not buy this piece of Expand
  60. Aug 1, 2013
    ENG ver.
    Always liked the game from Relic, but I love the story and I can not let that be so treated her. The plot of the campaign lies in the 90%.
    ------------------------------------------
    RU ver.
    Всегда Relic, 90%.
  61. Aug 2, 2013
    The plot is built on false delusional! The story written by a fascist idiot for idiots. These games should not exist! Propaganda machine in action. Hm!
  62. Aug 2, 2013
    I'm glad that I played in my friend's copy of game and not spent my money on this. graphics is poor in LOTR BFME 2 was even better it was 2006!!! map design looks like random placing nothing like first part. soldiers apart from 4-5 characters have 1 face for all there was 50+ nations served in red army but all they looks like romper stomper .
    About positioning game like
    historically authentic relic disappointed me a lot I don't remember politics in previous parts why now relic? I read a lot about ww2 and especially 4 years of fighting ussr and reich I'm russian buy the way and me my family all my friends and neighbors would not exist if our ancestry would not have done all to save us from extermination to 20 mlns and slavery .
    I wont tell about history guy named [BadComedian] already made this better then anybody Just want to ask how dare you relic come to our sanctity and ruined it however you want ?
    Or should i say .......reich
  63. Aug 2, 2013
    Sorry for my English, but... IMHO, this is just another stereotypical, full of lies and cliches product about RED IVANS, BLOODY COMMISSARS, ORDER 227 and so on. Relic, cold war is over. What a primitive propaganda? Why??? Are you Goebbels fans? Me, my friends and many people in Russia and other countries feel offended. In CoH2 Russians are disgusting. But nazis are ok! Why??? What we will see in CoH3??? Noble nazis, who burn alive barbarian Russian children and women? Gas Chamber simulator?

Wish you`ll go bankrupt.
  64. Aug 2, 2013
    It is sad that Millions of Soviet Soldiers who died freeing the world from Nazism are showed as cowards, not wanting to defend their homeland. The game creators have gone to far and crossed the line. Soviet people never burned their people alive, nor did they shoot their soldiers from machine guns. The game is a lying disgrace and the script writers should be held to account. It is insulting for all CIS countries Easter European countries and those who fought Nazism. The game was developed by Nazis and I give it the lowest score! Expand
  65. Aug 2, 2013
    Company of Traitors 2 Hitler approved this game.
    Perhaps this is the first time when I see something so racist towards Soviet peoples, Russian peoples.
    Such a distortion of historical facts, personally I think the ugly. And please do not say that "It's just a game". You definitely would not have enjoyed such a lie about your country.
    It's a shame to do this game.
  66. Aug 2, 2013
    The game is so disgusting that it is not put into words.
  67. Aug 3, 2013
    Read the developers history textbook? Or at least try to use the mind? What an insane story? It does not matter much whether a good game, but with a story in it repugnant to play.
  68. Aug 2, 2013
    Ok, so game is not total ruin but compared to it's predecessor its utter crap. It's like they've completely ignored the first game and created some which consists of every flaw that coh1 had, repeats almost every aspect and presents some unnecessary mechanical "improvements" to gameplay (lets split sniper unit into two men whom are far worse shooters, that will be so fresh and has boring campaign which isn't exactly historically correct. I think the developers don't exactly like russians. Expand
  69. Jul 29, 2013
    I signed up just to give my opinion this is absolutely I spent hours watching reviews thinking well COH2 cant be that bad. Like many others I enjoyed skirmish mode and loved COH and all the expansion packs but COH2 is the biggest let-down but when compared to Colonial Marines im not sure. Gave my 7970 to my friend to hell with gaming.
  70. Jul 29, 2013
    Please stop the lies in the games. In this play, not only adults but also children. Which is correct in the history of children's minds. Before writing the script to a game, you need to understand what these games.
  71. Jul 30, 2013
    The single player campaign representing the Eastern front is nothing but a bunch of myths, cliches and barefaced lie about USSR and Soviet army.

The game forces the player to kill his own soldiers and civilians all the game long, supporting all that with actors commentaries about severity of the headquarters. The script of the scenarios and missions is a compilation of juggling with
    facts, leaving all other information (that would deny the whole ideas proposed by authors of the game) unrepresented. People who did that are either uneducated or deliberate liars.

Eventually, the honor and efforts of Soviet army and USSR those were the only prevailing factors helped win this war (over 14 millions of USSR civilians were killed, not talking about soldiers which is way more than the loss of all the Allies) are substituted by abomination invented by game authors who are trying to show the Soviet army as a bunch of cowards and fools.

Even the multiplayer aspect of the game cannot outbalance this spit in the face of all the veterans of CIS countries who took part in WW2 along with the people who are young and remember the sacrifice made by their ancestors in the sake of their children and people so that they can survive and live in peace.
  72. Jul 30, 2013
    One of the commandments of Goebbels states propaganda should not entertain, and be a means of achieving political goals. Therefore, entertainment is the mortal enemy of her success. Oh how wrong he was. Poor gameplay and a ton of lies.
  73. Jul 31, 2013
    Tries rewrite history and shows USSR's people like deminics
    So i hope what this game is not wisit world gamer's computer and do not shows his lies and other bad stuff.
  74. Jul 31, 2013
    The game takes the history of the Soviet Union in a perverted form. This is an insult to the citizens of this country, these games should not be. Such games and distort the perception of Russian culture, the politics of war.
  75. Aug 1, 2013
    Shame on the nazi and Goebbels fan who designed this game. Shame. Completely "true" USSR history. Even German people has shame of that year and what you do?
  76. Aug 1, 2013
    This game was made by people with inferiority complex. The people who hate Russia but can't do anything but developing anti-Russian games which openly liyng.
    We won't stop just by expressing our opinion. We will write petitions for Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation and for the General Prosecutor of the Russian Federation.
    When its over there will be no Relic Entertainment.
  77. Aug 2, 2013
    This game is a big Lie about history of Second World War. Our ancestors were a heroes who save the world from the fascist plague and defend our country. But in this game there is no difference between Russians and Nazi. Russians are showed as a bloodthirsty maniacs. That is Lie. Paul Joseph Goebbels applaud to creator of this game. Stop selling of this game!!!!
  78. Aug 2, 2013
    Played a few campaign missions. This game is disgusting and insulting. I demand my money back and do not want to buy Relic games any more. I am very disappointed
  79. Aug 3, 2013
    addon made by Nazi sympathizers. The worst bang for your buck.
    This peace of crap should cost 5$ (even at that price I can't recommend it to anyone).
  80. Aug 3, 2013
    The game is full of unbelievable It's really hard to say so many lies in the plot, it's awful AU with terrible characters, illogical actions, wrong quotes... I don't know how this was written, I don't know...
  81. Aug 5, 2013
    Trash game. Paul Joseph Goebbels: Wir suchen nicht die Wahrheit, und die Wirkung. Wenn Sie eine Lüge groß genug und sprechen wird es wiederholen, werden die Leute schließlich glauben.
  82. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is a fail in most aspects, except of racial discrimination.
    Bad graphic, stupid AI, little boring maps, few and unbalanced units, but a lot of disgusting cliches about Russians.
    Shame on you, Relic!
  83. Aug 2, 2013
    Experimental stimulus FAILURE: This is not the 1980's why on earth is there political anti-Russian propaganda so thickly applied, and not even hidden perceived at all it's blatant and offensive. Battlefield 3 is on the same boat as you now. Anti-Russian wave is quite horridly impassible. Have you companies not tried approaching history in a alien point of view? Dijksterhuis & Nordgren would laugh in the face of Relic and EA for this failure in trying to change peoples behaviors and personalities. People are NOT this easily controlled. Expand
  84. Jul 29, 2013
    WORST RTS in the world. It has bad graphics, gameplay and full of lies about real history of brave man of USSR who won this war.
    Relics become a crummy USa pro- politican firm.
  85. Jul 30, 2013
    The company didn't forget politics! They just turned everything up side down, in stead of staying neutral. Won't ever buy such a... Hope you understood me.
  86. Jul 31, 2013
    Horrible campaign, bad multiplayer. The worst optimization ever! Epic fail, IMHO.
    Game developers themselves have not played it and have not tested. And about the plot even say nothing.
  87. Aug 1, 2013
    I was waiting for this game, because the other parts of the Company of Heroes and Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts was provided an excellent storyline. However, with Company of Heroes 2 I have not received what expected. This is a very strange campaign especially compared with Nazis campaign in Opposing Fronts... But multilayer is great...
  88. Aug 1, 2013
    Developers of the game is the next step to make a game where you can play a slave owner who killed blacks. Will be a lot of fun on this site a lot of trash pick up assessments. I think at least 95%. Sure everyone who plays this game long for the revival of Hitler
    Sorry for bad English for.
  89. Aug 1, 2013
    This game is full of biased anti-russian cold war propaganda. Non other game showed such ignorance terrible attitude to WWII people tragedy, courage and deaths.
  90. Aug 1, 2013
    If Relic made this pseudo-historical about American Army just imagine how could it be. To make this about USSR cowardly. Americans today don't know our history and this game is killing all Truth. If you hate Russia don't do such games. Creation is to create, and Relic is destroying many things with their "creation". This game deserves to vanish.
  91. Aug 1, 2013
    This game a Nazi propaganda. Most of all the political order, made for the purpose of the new fascism in Europe, Canada and the United States. We Russian gamers will block your game to the territory of the former Soviet Union you will pay for the insult to our dead ancestors. The Nazis!
  92. Aug 1, 2013
    If somebody this that "Metacritic is BROKEN. I have just seen over 200 user reviews clearly written by the same person." This is the reason why this start to happened?
    This is why!
  93. Aug 2, 2013
    Single-player story is telling about things that exactly happened. I heard about this from my grandpa fought in Division Totenkopf. Also i saw it in old films and read in Mr. Solzhenitsyn's books.
    This is a good game that telling a true stories. All hail Relic Entertainment!
  94. Aug 3, 2013
    The scenario of the game is very illiterate, liar and incompetent. In addition, the game is very cruel it forces the player to burn people alive.

Thank you. Hitler would have played this game with pleasure
  95. Aug 3, 2013
    Very bad game.
    A huge racist deception, those guys who wrote the script must be totally insane to make soviets (not only russian, but ukrainian, belorusian, caucasian and middle asian peoples united by one purpose and common grief) such a monsters, and those who agreed to use it are just criminals. All that is apart from game's quality of course, but as a russiaan, I feel heavily offended
    by it and Im not going to buy this and any other game from Relic. Expand
  96. Aug 4, 2013
    It's lovely game of Adolf Hitler and Joseph Goebbels. The Soviet Union is True Evil! The Nazi is Good Guys! Yep, it's true, and Relic know it's better than every else.
  97. Aug 4, 2013
    I've been shocked! Relic is Nazi Josef Goebbels sons. After that I don't like canada anymore (Yes, "C" in "canada" is a small letter from now). I very disappointed this game. And i think that it's is an insult to the whole Russian nation, not just a bad game
  98. Aug 4, 2013
    Wtf? USSR was a real savior of world. Nazy Germany was stoped by soviet heroes. Russian people, by price of their lives, give us the world without fascism and nazism, without Hitler.

They (Reich-Relic) called the game "Company of heroes"? They had to call it "Big Lie about heroes". I will never buy any producrs of Relic. Never
  99. Aug 5, 2013
    It is a nazi game. I hate Relic. I dont buy anybody of its games. CoH 2 awful. This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc.
  100. Aug 5, 2013
    Political trash. Nothing interesting.

-Bad AI,
    -gameplay copy from Men of War,
    -Little maps,
    -Tanks using HP.
    - Booring story
    -80€ on steam absolutely joke.

1. Oct 7, 2013