• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
1.9

Overwhelming dislike- based on 5853 Ratings

1. Jul 25, 2013
    Wow typical american garbage, da poldke n ruski vy vesha tebia andor! 0 out of 0 worst game ever! I recommend buying this game just o burn it! worst ruble ever spent~
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    WWII have a lot of things to offer when you choose where to put an emphasis in the narrative, and when that emphasis is always on brutality and incompetence of Soviet Army and on honor and heroism of other Allies that is not a fair representation.

Apparently Russians can only fight a war for their country when they are under a threat of being killed by NKVD, while US soldiers will go
    over the ocean to fight for other countries and their freedom just because they are so brave and noble. Russians also apparently like to burn their own civilians, because why the hell not, they are Russians, evil runs in their blood.

Interesting that morally questionable things that Allies did weren't discussed in Company of Heroes 1, Ah yes, how could I forget that Russia was the only side committing war crimes during WWII, and to think it was on most civil and calm Eastern Front, where Nazis seen us as fellow Europeans and not slavic subhumans.

Such a shame those intelligent and exquisite Nazis lost to those terrible terrible animals.

On a serious not, I will not buy any game by Relic ever again and I will do everything I can to convince every person I know to do the same. No sane person should support this game nor it's message.
  3. Jul 25, 2013
    untrue story. looks like soviet nation kill fascist because they just did not like their and taking the Reichstag was for take photo. What the f**k its unbelievable
  4. Jul 27, 2013
    Gameplay is awful. VIsuals are at the same time outdated and causes major freezes. Interface was developed by monkey on acid. Singleplay is done by morons for morons.
    Price for a such piece of garbage is atrociously high.
  5. Jul 28, 2013
    The plot of this game is 150% crap produced by history-arrogant sick people. If they have such brilliant imagination they should create the same about their fothers. then claim "it's just a game!!"
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    I love sega. I love relic. I love CoH, but i hate liers. Game have cool onlina battle, cool gameplay... bot worts story. So many lie about soviet army.
  7. Jul 29, 2013
    NAZI's propaganda... Totally deceitful story, showing Russians as beasts burning their homes and fighting with the enemy only under commands of stupid officers. It' unbelievabale how at the end they've captured Berlin if they were so stupid.
  8. Jul 29, 2013
    Dis guys wuz smokin some ultimate cuz the plot is complete nonsense. Russkies definitely not angels, but dis game a flam. I don know why they do dis, but the tru is they totally stupid
  9. Jul 29, 2013
    This main idea of this lying game is to simply besmear Russia and Russian people.
    Authors don't know history of WW2 and it's clear that they got their inspirations from Goebbels' propaganda.
  10. Jul 29, 2013
    This is not a strategy, but political game. This is a spit to souls of millions Soviet people who put all their strength to crush Hitler.The scope of military and civil people works was unbelievable. They did it by their own free will. It couldnt be done otherwise.
    For example, remember yourself. Which job do you perform better: something you like or something boring your parents insist
    you to do?

"Low graphics", "Bad AI", "Small maps"... because main goal of this project is not to give you a good historical game but send you a deceitful message: "Russians are eating people. They will eat you too!"
    Nonsense!

Unfortunately, this game was expectable. Looking on the progress of "call of duty" series we can see this tendency.
  11. Jul 30, 2013
    Just 2 recomendations.

1) Don't buy this sadly developed, in all aspects, game.

2) Relic, just fire the guy who wrote campaign scenario or at least make an effort and do some research in world war 2 history.
  12. Aug 1, 2013
    I was shoked when i played this game in first time! This is disgusting! Just awful! Relic GOD DAMN WHY I have only rage for this product! I love Relic for warhammer and first game COH but this is just inexcusable!
  13. Aug 1, 2013
    I bought this game hoping for a good company, about the heroism of ordinary soldiers And got about oskarbitelnuyu lies! My children in the war lost three brothers and two sisters. This game offense are all victims of our people have suffered! Thanks Relic, thank you comrades Nazis!
  14. Aug 2, 2013
    Horrible company plot and waste of time and money as a whole. no attention on details uniforms for instance are rag-tag collection from different years of war etc etc. I am very dissapointed in relic for creating this game and sega for pblishing it its a disgrace.
  15. Aug 3, 2013
    This game should be called "Goebbels and the company". Relic script writers should have shoveled up tons of Nazi propaganda materials to give birth to this disgusting plot. I'm deeply offended, and anyone whose ancestors have fought that war should be offended as well.
  16. Aug 3, 2013
    I doubt that developers of this piece of know nothing about history. They do.

So, they are making propaganda very similar to Nazis propaganda. May be with similar intentions?
  17. Jun 26, 2013
    Most negative reviews state the lack of changes on the game, but every RTS has its own style I don't want another StarCraft, Total War, Warhammer, Civilization, etc. I want to play Company of heroes 2 the same I enjoyed years ago with better graphics and improved gameplay...
  18. Jun 26, 2013
    Awesome game. Not revolutionary, but more of the same of what made Company of Heroes great and that is no bad thing.

If you liked CoH you should love this.
  19. Jun 25, 2013
    Played 17 hours of multiplayer Beta and one mission of single player it is the most amazing and intense RTS I have played. This game requires you to think about what your building and makes you look after your units. I did play CoH 1 and the game adds to one of the best RTS's around it's not an evolution but more of a refinement of a great game making it better.
    The have improved on
    the graphics by having destructible environments, dynamic weather effects where it reduces your sight when snowing and your troops can freeze to death if caught in the blizzards.
    Each map has a snowy counterpart when it snowes lakes freeze over but the ice can be blown up which you have to be mindful of if crossing over Superb game and I recommend to buy it especially if you like playing online.
  20. Jul 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game since the open beta and I feel that I wasted my $60 on it as it just isn't fun to play. I have played many hours of automach AI games and although the other critics cry unbalanced I think the balance is fine it's just that the difference between Easy AI and Standard AI is too much. the progression from simple always defeated AI to almost impossible to beat AI has really taken the fun away. I also think the story mode was too shallow and short. I was hoping that it would be the pinnacle of the game but it seems they decided on multiplayer as the main feature and the campaign mode just an afterthought. I wish I could get my money back as I feel I wasted it. Expand
  21. Jul 23, 2013
    Continuation of the best leaders were rare dermom.Pro single from the Nazis, and I will not write, others have written here. As for multiplayer it is sooo crude, I do not see any difference from the beta (other than adding the God contrary singla.Goret developers in hell for this
  22. Jul 23, 2013
    I don't care about the multiplayer so 0 points just for the disgraceful campaign. I love it how the Western Front is always so heroic and almost faultless but the Eastern Front is hell and the Soviets are as bad as the Nazis, if not worse.

- Setting fire to their own fields and buildings WITH PEOPLE STILL THERE (purely for teh evulz since it doesn't give them any advantage
    military-wise)
    - Soviet soldiers and the "hero" complaining they have to fight and can't retreat (I'm sorry, but I believe with the Nazis' goal of total annihilation enslavement of Soviets, Order 227 was harsh but necessary. Not to mention the Soviet soldiers couldn't have won the war if they had been such colossal who didn't want to fight for their land, their families, to get revenge for someone they lost, etc. Consider the loss of 14 million Soviet CIVILIANS alone; surely the military had reasons to stand their ground rather than let the Nazis murder and pillage their way deeper into their country. And what about the Omaha landing? That was pretty dangerous, maybe the Allies should've sat this one out instead of sending their precious soldiers to their deaths)
    - Pointless murder of Polish resistance fighters (to "prevent them from fighting the Soviets later" or something, like anyone could have fought the Soviets right after WWII)
    - "General Winter" being a major factor in the Soviet victory, as if it only worked against the Nazis while the Soviets were immune to cold
    - Shortage of weapons (a running joke since Enemy at the Gates and CoD 1; logistics may have been poor early in the war but there were still plenty of Mosins in stock)
    - The Soviets apparently stormed the Reichstag just to get a nice photo with the Soviet flag on top of it (what about the other buildings they stormed in the course of taking Berlin or indeed any other city because, you know, they were occupied by the enemy?)

And so on. I think the game is an insult to the Soviets who fought in the war (because apparently they were all stupid, evil, cowardly, or all of the above), and I made a huge mistake by preordering this game on Steam instead of waiting for the reviews and looking into the plot. Never buying another Relic/THQ title again.
    And yes, I registered just to speak out against this game. Bite me.
  23. Jul 23, 2013
    Tomorrow these people will make the game which will hang black people, Jews and Asians. It's a horrible, disgusting game propagators of fascism and dehumanize. The creators of this creation should burn in hell next to the soldiers of the SS. We can assume that anyone who has spent money on this crap poddrezhal idea of fascism, racism, the Holocaust, and other similar ideas. Let the families of these freaks are burning in hell. You can also note the prehistoric period hideous graphics, animation disgusting. The Soviet Union fiction perfect country, but he was no worse than the dastardly European countries, France and England. And certainly no worse than cowardly and stupid America. Takchto do not try to even pick up this sad Not sponsored fascism and racism in the modern world. Peace, prosperity and good to all. Expand
  24. Jul 23, 2013
    This game is an insult to me as a Russian man.
    The authors did not study history or just idiots.
    I was not able to play this vomit.
    I want to get my money back, they do not deserve them.
  25. Jul 23, 2013
    What is different from the RA3 and CoH2? In RA3 game developers openly joked over the cranberries, above stereotypes about Russian. In CoH2 developers vilify our grandfathers and say "TRUE", "TRUE", "TRUE" Sometimes when you're playing in CoH2 it seems that the developers too much attention to WH40k Exterminatus, the commissioners are just shooting soldiers...
    sorry for my english, but
    this game is realy Expand
  26. Jul 23, 2013
    Total piece of (censored). Relic made it better than Goebbels could do. I'll never spent my money on products of any company which involved in release.
  27. Jul 23, 2013
    This is concentrated frustration of authors that get the defensive squad behind their backs to infromation attack to soviet union.

Probably, authors are the zombie sexuals.
  28. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game offends me, my family and loved ones!
    I demand to stop sales and of the penalty a fine on the company!!!!!!!!!
  29. Jul 23, 2013
    The performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to play with random players, including laggers, nubs and quitters. In an online match there is always some1 who is kicked or drop in the first 5 minutes of the match, so yeah you end up playing with the cpu or vs the cpu because the amount of people suffering performance issues is huge. There is absolutely nothing better in this sequel. Graphics are almost the same as CoH1. Its a huge waste of money. Probably the guys who did CoH1 no longer work in relic. The game is a huge failure. Also, if you were 1 of those who used to play on maps like gap or scheldt forget about them because you wont see a similar maps on this game. Oh 1 more thing, they also removed the chat rooms. Relic/sega/thq NEVER AGAIN! Expand
  30. Jul 23, 2013
    Most importantly, this game's plot involves the complex matter as the USSR history in the WW2. One does not simply get a random 'parahistory' book and write a story that sells in millions of copies. The way the game developers see the conflict is disgusting.
    Here in CIS we do believe that WWII was won by the Allies, who do represent the best of human qualities like bravery, cunning,
    self-sacrificial courage and honesty. The game developers see the best of the USSR as instantly evil thing. It's not like that at all.

Second reason is to protect the young people from that propaganda. Every person should think for itself, but it's difficult to do when you're a teenager. In the CIS countries you CAN buy a box game even if you DO NOT hit the necessary age. So the only way to solve a problem is through you.

And the last reason is to make the game developers listen to the voice of sanity. If you do accept our call, them Relics will think twice before releasing a game with THAT kind of plot.
  31. Jul 24, 2013
    I'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes of mongols in backs if they would not attack, executing those who would attack before they used their whistles, he even made surgery to some of the wounded, that saved their lives, he helped thousands of victims of Bolsheviks who managed to escape from their penal troops, making them new faces and documents, transplanted extermites to those who had 4 or less so they could live.
    Bolsheviks killed everyone, they closed people in houses and burned them alive inside, it was Stalins order as we know now, I even saw this order in museum of WW2 in Toronto. As we know now Stalin was the pure evil, he not only killed 200 million in his own country, but ordered to execute all germans. Nobody survived in territories occupied by Bolsheviks, my grandfather managed to escape from his private clinic where Bolsheviks locked him up with polish partisans who were shot in backs during Warsaw rebellion and whom he tried to help. Only him managed to survive and escape to the west, to territory liberated by our democratic friends, who listened to his story and helped him hide from Bolsheviks. Later, as he said, all territories that were occupied by Bolsheviks were settled by OGPU agents, disguised as germans, so he told me to beware of eastern germans, if I decide to go to Berlin.
    I'm very grateful for finally it is time for the truth even in games, it is sad that game has Mature rating, for every kid should know about heroism of people like my grandfather who fought together with American friends against bolshevism and genocide it brought. Please contact me for more info about my grandfather if you want to make a game about him!
    10 out of 10!
  32. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
  33. Jul 24, 2013
    Games such as KoH2 in Russian called "VYSER". This game presents false picture of history of Great Patriotic War.
    IMHO, Relics study in school alternative history of Earth in XX century..

PS Sorry for bad english...
  34. Jul 25, 2013
    Why do we let canada be a country? xD Cool story, Relic.
    I wish I could rate this with negative score.
    I hope there is a separate cauldron in hell for developers of this "game".
    Cauldron of Hell 2. kekeke
  35. Jul 29, 2013
    bad bad bad bad game based on fictional book collection of liberal, american ang nazi myths. do not buy, do not support developers, avoid at all costs
  36. Jul 29, 2013
    Goebbels endorses this game! Relic able to accurately reproduce his speeches. Bravo! On the official forum of the game all the questions about the inaccuracies in the singleplayer ignored by them. Members of the former Soviet Union block by IP-address.
  37. Jul 30, 2013
    Full historical unauthenticity. Relic, It is shame! Stupid game. Don't buy it! It doesn't cost that money which for it ask. I so long waited this game. You disappointed me.
  38. Jul 30, 2013
    As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.

Many will say, "It's just a game, do not treat it so seriously!" And they would be right, if the game was named, for example, "Scum on the war," but the game is called "Company of Heroes 2" Company of HEROES, and represents USSR and Joseph Stalin's policy and events which allegedly took place in Soviet Union during the World War II. If a game of such "quality" was made ​​by historical events that took place in Canada, the U.S., Britain or any other "civilized" country, it would have risen a great scandal, but in this case we see the score of 80 and good reviews. Looks stupid and ugly.

If Relic has ever had an image, then after CoH2 release, it's hopelessly and permanently trashed to the ground and below. Shame on you.
  39. Aug 1, 2013
    All that is new in this game scenario (compared with the previous part). And script Nazi ****.
    If you are a Nazi, hate Russia and all the countries of Eastern Europe this game is made for you.
  40. Aug 1, 2013
    It was a good game, I really enjoyed all previous parts. But this? No history, no tactics, no gameplay. Just "Doctor Zhivago" old crap. According to campaign scenario, Russians had no chance to win the war, all missions are completely illogical. Multiplayer is unbalanced, graphics is old. Complete loss of money.
  41. Aug 1, 2013
    my grandfather cry, if he see you awful history.There is nothing more frustrating that you have done. If you are so you can see our country, our heroes, you are stupid and illiterate people. And no you do not give the right to deface the memory of our heroes and our country.dont buy this game
  42. Aug 2, 2013
    Dear Relic. I have some ideas to your next game.
    1. genre Manage/Busin simulator. Target is to manage Dahau or Auschwitz. Torture or burn prisoners, medical experiments, gas cameras... For you, people without honor and conscientious it`s really mice business idea.
  43. avh
    Aug 2, 2013
    This game pretends to be historically accurate, but it's not at all.
    Plot is extremely important in this type of games, so it doesn't deserve big scores.
  44. Aug 2, 2013
    After playing first 2 minutes of the game I felt like it would be much better if I just throw my money away.
    Hate this game with all fibres of my soul. This game is offensive, lying, disgusting crap.
    Hope you burn in hell for it Relic, you damn nazis.
    Will never buy anything else from you.
    This so-called Company of "Heroes" can't be recommended to anyone pure junk.
  45. Aug 4, 2013
    Then I played Company of Heroes 2 single player campaign. I’m yet to finish it, because it is literally painful to play something this dumb and yet so full of pathos. Developers got a couple of anecdotes about Russians and based a whole damn storyline on them.

From scenes with surrendering Germans being brutally murdered to soldiers abandoning their own comrades on a bridge Company of
    Heroes 2 paints Soviet Army as a fantasy evil empire. Mordor of World War II if you will. Orcs.

CoH2 manages to use almost every single Russia-related trope. Gulag? Check. Army without any weapons? Check. Russians shooting their own soldiers in the back sure, why not, they do it all the time there. Oh, and let’s not forget about cold weather and funny sounding names. By the third mission I was honestly expecting to see bear cavalry.

At least they got swearing right.

Too many things that Company of Heroes 2 does wrong.
  46. Aug 1, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is a good example why so many people install a pirated game first before deciding if the game is worth purchasing. The storyline is complete bull and frankly offensive. Included in this game are exaggerations, intentional historical inaccuracies and anti-Slavic sentiment.

To the makers of this game: swallow and choke on a bag of djcks.
  47. Jul 15, 2013
    Keeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keep firing directly into their own cover. It ruins the gameplay if you ask me. Oh year, in one mission whilst supposedly being backet up by a friendly army group (in the campaign) the AI keeps attacking the commisar stationed at my barracks when deploying conscripts, hitting and destroying my own buildings. Makes me ask myself if they even bothered to test the game. Expand
  48. Jul 9, 2013
    I picture a Sega Boardroom meeting: "The game sucks and all of Relic developers left? Sell the pre-order! Screw the loyal fans and franchise!. This game blows! COH is my favorite game too. Totally uninspired maps where a mongloditic ape can win by continuously spawning more reds to attack Germans. Is it still a RTS game if no strategy required? Not releasing it would have been way better as this game was iconic. FU SEGA, you greedy cum-queefing felch-belchers! Expand
  49. Jul 23, 2013
    If lying sometime becomes a crime, developers will go to prison for life. This is holy war for people, which's parents and grandparents were here. you'll doe in hell
  50. Jul 26, 2013
    The multiplayer part is where this game truly shines; however, the campaign, which is being positioned as "based on historical events" is not only lacking the accuracy, but is also based on stereotypes and prejudice that is common for the Western part of the world, "Red Heat"-with-Schwarzenegger-style. In my opinion, this makes the game sorely lacking in terms of depth and immersion of those of us, who didn't skip on their history lessons. Here's to hoping that Relic learns from their mistakes and, should they make another CoH title in the future, invite/interview remotely some the veterans of the WoW2 or, at the very least, read more history books not published in U.S., so they'd have any clue what was really going on. Expand
  51. Jul 31, 2013
    Game can and is good in a multiplayer, but...
    Dull attempt to blacken the Soviet history. Stupidly, very stupidly, Relic. How many to you paid for this nonsense?
  52. Jul 29, 2013
    Stupid game! In this game, the Soviet soldiers shows how the soldiers of the Reich, only worse! It's all lies! Shame people who created this horrible game.
  53. Jul 29, 2013
    I don't get what it takes to give a positive review on this game. It's not even close to the successful first part.
    I even don't know why is it called "Company of Heroes 2" except for marketing reasons since all the Russian persons (except Lev Abramovich Isakovich) in the game are either traitors, either cowards, either sadists or all together combined. If you really hate Soviet people
    that much, if your name is Hitler, Goebbels or Ronald Reagan than this is your game.
    Probably, the developers wanted to compensate their unability to create a successful game by turning it into an outcrying Russophobe propaganda piece.
  54. Jul 29, 2013
    Actually I dissapointed in this game. It has many good old stereotypes about "evil russian orcs from Deep Mordor" but why I cannot eat kids and rape womens (or vice versa) to complete campaign? Where is my 80 millions raped german civilians and my big choppa to kill them thereafter?
    Relics, if you are making games about bloodlust, chaotic and stomping orcs use all the folklore and
    give us more blood for behalf of the Blood God. Expand
  55. Jul 30, 2013
    This game full of national stereotypes! Shame on developers and on fans of game! You thought Japan did no war crimes, Nazi German did no crimes, only communists, Chinese and Russian did! But History will show the true state of your moral condition
  56. Jul 30, 2013
    Disgusting and deceitful game. Political trash. Scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans. This game is a nazi propaganda. Joseph Goebbels applauds to the Relics studio.
  57. Jul 30, 2013
    Singleplayer campaign is bad, it's made by Nazi. Bad Nazi's Relic, are you lying about soviet army. Portraying of Soviet peoples in this game was ridiculous.
  58. Jul 30, 2013
    epic fail....
    bad game looks like cheap propaganda....
    evil russians vs evil germany really ?
    may be it was soviet vs nazi no ?
    made for alternative history fans.....

Hitler Liked!
  59. Jul 30, 2013
  60. Jul 30, 2013
    relic, are you nuts? War is war, there are always negative sides, but do not dare to put that sh*t to the first place in any of your future opuses ever, especially the way you made it in CoH 2. Do not even try to shatter and cancel memories of our fathers and of what took place in reality. USSR was attacked by Hitler's Germany and each and every of soviet people wanted to free country from fascist occupation after all. Despite all the privation of years of war. Despite the Stalin's dictatorship. What you've done with plot is absolutely unbearable and will be remembered, be sure of that. Expand
  61. Jul 31, 2013
    The whole story of this game could be a stupid joke. Nevertheless the developers say that the story is based on true historic events. And that is so far from truth as the Earth is far from the Sun. It looks like Relic was overran by modern Nazis. Fight them off or be prepared to go down like Hitler did in 1945.
  62. Jul 31, 2013
    Relic ignore opinion of soviet players on company and online unfair.
    Game shows russians like animals, more evil than Nazi. Serious i play german company in COH1 and there was not a word about crimes of germans! They are just honest and noble while russians are evil that kills its own people with no reason.
    And game start in 1941 when all world losing to germans you all remember that
    COH1 starts in 1944 june (war starts in 1939) when germany was already defeated by USSR and Relic show only victories of US/Uk Expand
  63. Jul 31, 2013
    Awful compilation of ignorance and lie/ it just outraging! We have to teach some lazy companies not to make some just becouse they think it is a good way to take our money!
  64. Jul 31, 2013
    I registered on this site just to write a review on this game, because I've never met such a dreadful lie and falsification of historical facts. I think the old well-known Return to castle Folfenshtain is more realistic about the World war 2). Absolutely improbable storyline and characters, false historical picture. I think, Hitler and other Nazis would be vary thankful to the Relic for creating such a "game". Expand
  65. Jul 31, 2013
    It's awful, just awful.
    Developers of the "creation" should be ashamed of such a distortion of history. I guess they just are members of the National Socialist Party.
    I think, Hitler and Goebbelswould be vary thankful to the Relic for creating this great piece of
  66. Aug 1, 2013
    Well, now I hate Relic. Did you play Company of Heroes 2? No? Good! Because they have slinged mud on Soviet soldiers, Polish people, Soviet sitizens (as we know, half of Russians were in jail, and another half were escorting them), and logic, LOGIC F@CK THEM!!! I know that their sourses of information were friends on Facebook, but they had slinged mud on all soldies of the world! Where's f@cking LOGIC? If Relic reads this: listen to the strange sound in the night it's Joseph Goebbels applauses you for the great lies. This company shows that his work lives and will live. F@ck you, Relic. F@ck you. Oh, and also watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2m4SCUaBHS8 (but gameplay is good) Expand
  67. Aug 1, 2013
    Goebbels is started party in hell when this "game" released. Never thought that such nazi storyline can exist in any entertaiment product in our days. It's enough just to read Wiki to understand that screenplayers of Relic must follow destiny of Hitler and Co. I really wish somebody make such game about all Canada. To show all insignificance of this stupid country.
    Wish Relic burn in hell
    for this. Expand
  68. Aug 1, 2013
    The problem I had when playing the campaign was how ridiculously exaggerated everything was, to the point where I couldn't take a single word anybody said seriously. It's deeper than the campaign, even in regular gameplay. It makes the whole Soviet army, down to the frontline soldier, look like one-dimensional caricatures.
  69. Aug 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played dawn of war from relic I liked it, i played company of heroes 1 i liked it. I played company of heroes 2 and i understand what need to be called a bad game I dont want to talk about disbalance i want to say that the history of the Soviet Union was flooded with mud. Dont bue this game if you respect your self. Expand
  70. Aug 2, 2013
    This game insults all Soviet soldiers. Do not buy this game. The plot in this game distorts historical facts.
    The game is so disgusting that it is not put into words.
    Sega, I ask you to dismiss all employees relic games.In particular, their writer.They all lack of talent.
  71. Aug 2, 2013
    That's not bad game. Thats's crime. I feel insulted and I'm outraged. The minimum that I require from the makers of the game it's recantation. Primitive propaganda, extremely poor quality and abusive content it's not just a mistake, it's a failure.
  72. Aug 2, 2013
    -bad optimization
    -story about good nazi and bad soviet soldier.
    -25$? maximum price for this nazi-like game 5$.
    - awful AI
    -good networkgame without balance(nazi power)
  73. Aug 2, 2013
    This game dishonours memory of my ancestors. And the memory of Millions of soldiers and officers of the Red Army, whom liberated the world from the Nazi plague.
    This game is full crap.
  74. Jul 31, 2013
    Can't even play the game. When I try to start it I get an error message saying "Company of heroes 2 has detected it is running in compatibility mode. This is unsupported and should be addressed before launching the game. Attempting to run in compatibility mode will cause the game to run improperly or likely crash. To solve this, ensure neither Company of Heroes 2 or Steam is running in compatibility mode."

There are some registry hacks out there to solve the problem, but it doesn't work for me.
  75. Jun 26, 2013
    I have been playing Company of Heroes since 2005 when the COH alpha went live. I love RTS games. I also love the WWII setting. Relic has managed to make an incredible dynamic, fun, interesting game that really tells a different story every time you play. If you like a great looking game, that is fun and different to play give this game a shot! The Campaign is fun and tells a good story, Theater of War features coop and fun scenarios and challenges for players. The multiplayer my personal favorite is a blast as well. This game is a great deal of fun and we can look forward to a long system of content and support from one of the best dev teams around! Expand
  76. Jul 9, 2013
    Keine Kaufempfehlung für Multiplayerfans! Warum? Ihr könnt euch nicht wie bei CoH1 die Maps Gegner oder den Modus wählen. Ihr bekommt zufällig eine Karte und eure Gegner und Spielt nur mit Siegmarken. Jedoch finde ich die Grafik nicht schlecht. Fazit: Singelplayer: JA Multiplay: NEIN, kauf dir lieber CoH1
  77. Aug 1, 2013
    Why Russians Hate Company of Heroes 2 [BadComedian] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8 Criticism of negative ideological stereotypes in the game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_of_Heroes_2 Russian video blog 'Bad Comedian' accused the game of Nazism and multiple offensive falsifications of World War 2 history, stemming from greatly exaggerated Cold War stereotypes. The second installment is contrasted against the first, wherein American soldiers are depicted as titular heroes, prepared to fight honorably for a foreign land; while in Company of Heroes 2, Soviet troops are going out of their way not to fight for their own.

In a 25-minute analysis, multiple pseudohistorical stereotypes about warfare in the Eastern Front are pointed out. Among the alleged inaccuracies are: blatant and consistent disregard for human life among Soviet commanders (which, had it been real, would have been suicidal to the successful war effort and goes against actual number of casualties and historical data); widespread instances of zagradotryads meaninglessly slaughtering own troops, as well as instances of routine extrajudicial executions of Soviet soldiers by members of NKVD; casual atrocities by Soviet troops against Soviet civilians (such as burning people alive in their homes); reluctance and outright refusal of Soviet troops to fight the invaders at every turn, even threatened with death by their superiors; extremely poor military competence of both enlisted personnel and their commanders; and even the premise of the campaign, the instance in which an NKVD (internal affairs) officer takes command of an Army unit. The approach of the game's writers is likened to practices of Joseph Goebbels; as an example of this, a quote by Marshal Vasilevsky is given in one of the mission briefings, in which he expresses reluctance to fight the enemy at all as it turns out, the actual quote was written by Vasilevsky in 1917, when he was a member of Tsarist Army and was reconsidering his allegiance. According to 'Bad Comedian' Russians were shown as brutal and not intelligent barbarians, who did not want to protect their homeland, what was considered as Russophobia and insult to memory of Russian heroes of World War II.

A petition to make the game unobtainable in Commonwealth of Independent States was initiated.
  78. Jul 31, 2013
    Dont buy this piece of crap! My AV catched a Trojan! Graphics is 90s, sound is awful. Computer was brought to a grinding halt and almost exploded from overheating. Save your time and money.
  79. Jul 29, 2013
    I should say at once that my great-grandfathers and grandfathers did not fight in WW2, they were among those who at that time worked like crazy in the rear to help front, or sat in the camps, the prisoners which, oddly enough, also did not want to win Hitler and often fought in the military units on the side of the Red Army, and fought well, although it was not for that love of Stalin. But they loved their country, and do not want their country, and then the whole world had been captured by the Nazis.

To my friends from the West didn't call me a fan of Stalin, I say again that I don't love him for what he put in prison my great-grandfather of all his sons, and then my grandmother, she was then fifteen years old, all of them were working at the construction sites of the Gulag (the White Sea Canal, coal mines in Donetsk), they were not able to return to normal life.My grandmother was not able to end the life or find a good job or get married, due to this fact of his biography.

My grandmother was not able to end the life or find a good job or get married, due to this fact of his biography (it was in a small town in the Urals, the name of which you will not say anything.) My father even though he was a little boy then, very well remember all this, and a lot of what I said. For example, about the fact that the head of the plant was a prison where he could put anyone he does not like, for ten days. My father was often walked near the prison. He saw children behind bars, and wondered why they were there, and it's here in freedom. I told all this to let you know that I have nothing to romanticize the history of my Motherland. I know its light and dark sides are better than you, who taught our history textbooks, for unknown, being on the other side of the world, I don't have to teach it.

Despite knowing all of these dark sides of history, which I have already said, I believe that the story of your game offensive to those who fought then, and for all of us because it shows us that we are all descendants of either cowards or traitors.Yes, then the fear, have been questioning, it was a lot of bad things, a lot of officers and men end up in prison, but the essence of the war was not the case. The essence of war in the courage of people who shed his blood did not give Hitler to take over the Soviet Union, followed by other countries.

Read the memoirs of German soldiers, if you do not believe Russian. They do not need to exaggerate the prowess as they called us, "Russian pig". But they talk about how people perform miracles of heroism, like burning people alive until the last shot at the enemy, as the trooper, who was sitting in a burning tank, left without a leg shot to the last, like, five Russian attacked and decimated an entire battalion of the half, while being killed.

You missed the important thing is that it was higher than the fear of ending up in prison or even the fear of death. This is the love of country and the need to protect her. The soldiers wrote on the walls of the blood, "We die, but do not give up" "We fought to the last drop of blood, revenge for us," "Farewell to Homeland" not because he was standing behind someone who dictated it to them. It was their need, dictated by the love of his country, its citizens, its people and all the peoples of the world, finally.

There is one important thing that Western historians do not pay attention: if Europe Hitler wanted to conquer the simple, make it work for yourself, then Russia and all Slavic countries, he wanted to destroy, leaving no one there. The policy of scorched earth the Nazis did not Russian. Burning villages alive did the Nazis, not Russian.Heaps of corpses of innocent old men, women and children is also done by the Germans. See videos, photos, materials Nuremberg finally there are reflected all war crimes. In such a situation, we had no choice: fight or go home. Or to fight and win, or you will not have no home, no life. It's all understood.

Your game is called "Company of Heroes", but there are no heroes. It has officers traitors and murderers, and soldiers cowards who would be happy to go home but can not because they are being driven machines. There's no honor, no courage, no victory over the enemy, but there is tenderness over the innocently murdered surrendering fascist (kill informant it's very clever.) The plot of your game deceitful and insulting to all veterans of that war, not only Russian, but also for anyone who remembers what we were all fighting.Thus, the game is more supportive of the Nazis than fighting against them (by the way, the gaming features of the Nazis really given a head start, you really wanted to see how they will win in the World)? Perhaps the swastika in the logo of your company really is not there by accident.

As for the gameplay, nothing has changed from the first part (it was much better). As for the gamestory, it is extremely offensive to all veterans of war and their child. This is bad game
  80. Jul 30, 2013
    Don't buy it
    This game gives Russians a bad name, game play is often repetitive, unsatisfying game play, lackluster soundtrack, very demanding graphics, gives this game a negative score.
  81. Jul 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The big lie about the Soviet army. I'm disgusted, as shown by our history.
    Technical data of Soviet military equipment understated.
    Was used as the source of lying movie "Enemy at the Gate".
    Price for this game too high.
    No new ideas after the first part of the series
    ...
    ugly trash... Company of Liars 2.
  82. Jul 31, 2013
    1) horrible campaign! who are you, the Canadians gave the right lower face in the dirt 20 million Russian victims in this war? Who do you think you are?
    2) let's try to play multiplayer! and what do we see? IMBALANCE!! Flown to the desktop! Lags! Connect to the opponent THE LEVEL OF YOUR MORE SEVERAL TIMES!
    3) let's look at the graphics! OPTIMIZATION! Optimization of the worst! IT
    OPTIMIZATION IN THIS GAME! I go Battlefield3 and Crysis3 no lag on medium settings! shame! I gave 1000 rubles for this?? roll to hell Expand
  83. Aug 1, 2013
    Seems like relic cant read, because history in this game shown EPICLY wrong. Too much historical and logical errors in single player and disbalanced multiplayer. Shame on relic. Just shame
  84. Aug 1, 2013
    I just nearly fell off my chair looking at the critical acclaim, or they have a screw loose downs of African nursing homes because they say it's a great game, or they squandered all the lessons of history dedicated to the Second World War. (I apologize for such a dramatic statement, but in this case, no other way)
  85. Aug 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Storyline terribly outrageous. Disgusting lie. I regret the time spent and money. Unexpectedly, a meanness of the writers game. The game is not a seat beside POLITICAL PROPAGANDA... Expand
  86. Aug 1, 2013
    Awesome game,great gameplay and one of the best multiplayer RTS i've ever known, but nevertheless the plot is a complete Everyone knows about war crimes during WWII,but relic made game completely about bad parts of Russian history,despite ENORMOUS effort and heroism of Soviet soldiers.
  87. Aug 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The worst game in the history of mankind. Such scenario could only write a Nazi. Shame on the developers of this stool. Pity your brain and do not buy this piece of Expand
  88. Aug 1, 2013
    ENG ver.
    Always liked the game from Relic, but I love the story and I can not let that be so treated her. The plot of the campaign lies in the 90%.
    ------------------------------------------
    RU ver.
    Всегда Relic, 90%.
  89. Aug 2, 2013
    The plot is built on false delusional! The story written by a fascist idiot for idiots. These games should not exist! Propaganda machine in action. Hm!
  90. Aug 2, 2013
    I'm glad that I played in my friend's copy of game and not spent my money on this. graphics is poor in LOTR BFME 2 was even better it was 2006!!! map design looks like random placing nothing like first part. soldiers apart from 4-5 characters have 1 face for all there was 50+ nations served in red army but all they looks like romper stomper .
    About positioning game like
    historically authentic relic disappointed me a lot I don't remember politics in previous parts why now relic? I read a lot about ww2 and especially 4 years of fighting ussr and reich I'm russian buy the way and me my family all my friends and neighbors would not exist if our ancestry would not have done all to save us from extermination to 20 mlns and slavery .
    I wont tell about history guy named [BadComedian] already made this better then anybody Just want to ask how dare you relic come to our sanctity and ruined it however you want ?
    Or should i say .......reich
  91. Aug 2, 2013
    Sorry for my English, but... IMHO, this is just another stereotypical, full of lies and cliches product about RED IVANS, BLOODY COMMISSARS, ORDER 227 and so on. Relic, cold war is over. What a primitive propaganda? Why??? Are you Goebbels fans? Me, my friends and many people in Russia and other countries feel offended. In CoH2 Russians are disgusting. But nazis are ok! Why??? What we will see in CoH3??? Noble nazis, who burn alive barbarian Russian children and women? Gas Chamber simulator?

Wish you`ll go bankrupt.
  92. Aug 2, 2013
    It is sad that Millions of Soviet Soldiers who died freeing the world from Nazism are showed as cowards, not wanting to defend their homeland. The game creators have gone to far and crossed the line. Soviet people never burned their people alive, nor did they shoot their soldiers from machine guns. The game is a lying disgrace and the script writers should be held to account. It is insulting for all CIS countries Easter European countries and those who fought Nazism. The game was developed by Nazis and I give it the lowest score! Expand
  93. Aug 2, 2013
    Company of Traitors 2 Hitler approved this game.
    Perhaps this is the first time when I see something so racist towards Soviet peoples, Russian peoples.
    Such a distortion of historical facts, personally I think the ugly. And please do not say that "It's just a game". You definitely would not have enjoyed such a lie about your country.
    It's a shame to do this game.
  94. Aug 2, 2013
    The game is so disgusting that it is not put into words.
  95. Aug 3, 2013
    Read the developers history textbook? Or at least try to use the mind? What an insane story? It does not matter much whether a good game, but with a story in it repugnant to play.
  96. Jul 2, 2013
    It was an amazing experience, my only grip is that the main campaign is to short, but it is great how the campaign evolve, in the first missions when you have to play defending all you can, you can experience the lack of resources an gear that the russian army actually have to suffer, then the war advance and the winter became the factor that let the russians reorganice a counter atack and your equipment and gear improves acordingly, well i like it and and i recommend to anyone who whants a great challenge and a bit of history lessons (betwen loading screens) Expand
  97. Jun 29, 2013
    Laughable AI (the way the enemy units rush you down like ant is a joke), The maps are too small, everything is way too fast. This is not a real strategy game, more like an arcade (I guess that is the reason for the good review, it does not really require much effort to play...).
  98. Aug 2, 2013
    Ok, so game is not total ruin but compared to it's predecessor its utter crap. It's like they've completely ignored the first game and created some which consists of every flaw that coh1 had, repeats almost every aspect and presents some unnecessary mechanical "improvements" to gameplay (lets split sniper unit into two men whom are far worse shooters, that will be so fresh and has boring campaign which isn't exactly historically correct. I think the developers don't exactly like russians. Expand
  99. Jul 29, 2013
    I signed up just to give my opinion this is absolutely I spent hours watching reviews thinking well COH2 cant be that bad. Like many others I enjoyed skirmish mode and loved COH and all the expansion packs but COH2 is the biggest let-down but when compared to Colonial Marines im not sure. Gave my 7970 to my friend to hell with gaming.
  100. Jul 29, 2013
    Please stop the lies in the games. In this play, not only adults but also children. Which is correct in the history of children's minds. Before writing the script to a game, you need to understand what these games.

1. Oct 7, 2013