• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 26, 2013
    As a CoH1 old timer, this is the biggest let down in gaming history. They missed almost everything good from coh1. Instead of a 7 years experienced starting point, they started from scratch, and the game suffers the same gimmicks, bugs, unbalance that CoH1 had on day 1, wich is totally unacceptable for a sequel. The games lacks features CoH1 had 7 years ago (lobby, chat rooms, ladder,As a CoH1 old timer, this is the biggest let down in gaming history. They missed almost everything good from coh1. Instead of a 7 years experienced starting point, they started from scratch, and the game suffers the same gimmicks, bugs, unbalance that CoH1 had on day 1, wich is totally unacceptable for a sequel. The games lacks features CoH1 had 7 years ago (lobby, chat rooms, ladder, crappy automatch, etc...). On the other hand, SEGA has the worst Community Managers ever, so the community is totally retarded. Expand
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    This game represents awfully unfair one-sided point of view on the past of my country. I feel a real offence to the memory of my grandfathers. Shame on you Relic.
  3. Jun 30, 2013
    Lack of multiplayer options you cant start automatch game with custom parameters: position on the map, and the maps itself are only random, and you can't browse for the other player's games. Custom games can be set up only against comps and your friends in steam. Too much network issues as in CoH1 sync errors, crashing and problems connecting to others players Snow maps are lagging evenLack of multiplayer options you cant start automatch game with custom parameters: position on the map, and the maps itself are only random, and you can't browse for the other player's games. Custom games can be set up only against comps and your friends in steam. Too much network issues as in CoH1 sync errors, crashing and problems connecting to others players Snow maps are lagging even on near-top pc's game is not optimized at all. For those who like to play PvP multi think twice if you want to buy it. Expand
  4. Jun 29, 2013
    On launch this game suffers from HORRENDOUS balance issues. Soviets have almost no chance of winning against any half way decent German player. Germans build faster, which lets them get their FAR superior mg fielded faster which means they more often than not beat soviet conscripts to the fuel points. And once Germans get the fuel points and opal blitz trucks they can just spam panzer IVOn launch this game suffers from HORRENDOUS balance issues. Soviets have almost no chance of winning against any half way decent German player. Germans build faster, which lets them get their FAR superior mg fielded faster which means they more often than not beat soviet conscripts to the fuel points. And once Germans get the fuel points and opal blitz trucks they can just spam panzer IV and never look back. Expand
  5. Jul 23, 2013
    If you care about real history don't buy it.
    Scenario of this game is trying to discredit and mix with dirt Russian history, giving the wrong idea of ​​what happened during the World War 2.
  6. Jul 3, 2013
    This game has no SLI support, And relic have confirmed it never will.

Utterly terrible performance for such a visually poor game, Do not take my word for it, Download a "demo" version and see for yourself before you part with your hard earned cash.

Utterly terrible.
  7. Jul 3, 2013
    Expected much more from this game!

The graphics are horrible and low fps problems, I see the same COH 1 with less content, expected at least teams COH 1, Afrika Korps some innovative content, but it has nothing. Regarding the price of the game is absurd. about this game, the Russians weaker than the Germans and the units cost more, I lost three T-34 tank against a panzer and so
    Expected much more from this game!

Regarding the price of the game is absurd. about this game, the Russians weaker than the Germans and the units cost more, I lost three T-34 tank against a panzer and so horrible, the game is unbalanced.

In short, do not buy.
  8. Jun 30, 2013
    Unfortunately, this game is a letdown, compared to the CoH 1. Less units, removed commander trees, less maps. And most of all uninteresting and quite political campaign, clearly anti-soviet, that shows all soviet officers as beasts, who sent soldiers to die and executed them every single day.
  9. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH. Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH 8 years ago. The exact same thing with slightly new skins and voices. Well whatever I just hope people read this and save their money. Trust me when I tell you it's not worth it.
  10. Aug 10, 2013
    Oh my god. This is worst game ever!!! Postal 3 is better! Awful gameplay, graphics, polygons and etc. Relic you untalented...I will not buy your games. Do you read history books? Many of the facts are distorted. Give me back my time and money! On that record sound? On the dictaphone? Optimization makes students, for the food?
    In general, this slag from Relic I did not expect. It is
    In general, this slag from Relic I did not expect. It is better to go to work housewives!
  11. Jun 29, 2013
    Micromanagement, twitch RTS. Too fast to enjoy. AI infantry swarms. Easy mode is too hard. Back to the original for me. Invincible AI infantry and little incentive to built advanced mechanised units. Spam infantry to win command point victory.
  12. Aug 2, 2013
    Ok, so game is not total ruin but compared to it's predecessor its utter crap. It's like they've completely ignored the first game and created some which consists of every flaw that coh1 had, repeats almost every aspect and presents some unnecessary mechanical "improvements" to gameplay (lets split sniper unit into two men whom are far worse shooters, that will be so fresh and has boringOk, so game is not total ruin but compared to it's predecessor its utter crap. It's like they've completely ignored the first game and created some which consists of every flaw that coh1 had, repeats almost every aspect and presents some unnecessary mechanical "improvements" to gameplay (lets split sniper unit into two men whom are far worse shooters, that will be so fresh and has boring campaign which isn't exactly historically correct. I think the developers don't exactly like russians. Expand
  13. Jun 25, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss. Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge
    Relic! Really?
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge computer power for very little enhancements.

Snipers are worthless, no mines, or sandbags. Buildings look much worse than COH1, the User Interface wastes ridiculous space in worthless unit descriptions.

There are so many steps back from its predecessor, that the snow effects and 5% better graphics really cannot make this game passable.

And the little snow pocket watch. What! This is a serious RTS not Command & Conquer. Timed blizzards are ridiculous.

Very very angry at Relic. Seven years in the making, they could have just added some snow to COH1. Maybe a $10 DLC.
  14. Jul 26, 2013
    Its lies about my history. Lies and illogicality in every detail: scenario, facts, quotes everything. F*ck you relic, I wish you die.

To all who loved this game. If you really want to know history just try to ask even me on kashey665@mail.ru but dont say any lies about my forefathers who died for my and YOUR freedom. For your information: 8 of 10 nazi's divisions were destroyed

To all who loved this game.

For your information:
    8 of 10 nazi's divisions were destroyed by Red Army (I dont count Italian, Romanian, Spanish and other foreign nazi division) and only 2 of 10 was destroyed by allied forces England, USA and other.
    And... nazis destroyed 14 000 000 civilians. Not soldiers. Civilians.
  15. Jun 25, 2013
    For the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into thisFor the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into this campaign making it a chore to play through (besides that fact like some other users have pointed out I feel like the campaign is a slight bit racist towards Russians). Thirdly as you might also have guessed almost NOTHING HAS CHANGED seriously this is just ridiculous, basically what they have added is a semi-working version of true sight, weather (snow), Russians. As far as I can tell they haven't done a thing to improve the AI nor have they improved on any of the other hampering game mechanics. Really I don't see where all the work they claim has gone into this project is because as far as I can tell this is a DLC adding the Russians and little else. If your argument is if it works why change it then one they shouldn't make almost the exact same game and sell it as if it's a new release, second company of heroes has a lot of room for improvement so don't try to ruse people into believing the game was perfect. Expand
  16. Aug 1, 2013
    Relics, you HAVE TO watch this review! Maybe you'll understand why so many people call you liars and why these people are right.

17. Jun 27, 2013
    The game is poorly optimized and can even bring the strong gaming PC's to a grinding halt and low frame rates, The storyline is very boring and although I have only played the first 3 missions it had me falling asleep and was tiresome. The overall UI of the game is not helpful, takes up way to much of the screen and the game it's self has a overall cartoon feel to it. This game is aThe game is poorly optimized and can even bring the strong gaming PC's to a grinding halt and low frame rates, The storyline is very boring and although I have only played the first 3 missions it had me falling asleep and was tiresome. The overall UI of the game is not helpful, takes up way to much of the screen and the game it's self has a overall cartoon feel to it. This game is a MASSIVE step backwards compared to CoH 1 in my honest opinion. I have played over 200 hours of the original CoH and absolutely love the Blitzkreig mod but the health that the tanks have in this game is pathetic... it must take at least 10+ Anti Tank rounds to the side or front of the tank to destroy a tank and even shots to the rear armour are not that devastating. I know that everyone has mixed opinions on the game and just by looking at all of the people giving low reviews and other people giving 10's to even out the bad scores is proof that this game is not quite the game anyone was expecting. I never really enjoyed the beta after getting an invite and having multiple times were I was disconnected from the game when I have an amazing connection and not a lot of people on my network. I guess I will just have to stick to playing the original CoH with Blitzkrieg mode and HD textures... that is 100 times better than CoH 2.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you do not buy this joke of a game... the original game "Company of Heroes" is superior in EVERY way to this game.
  18. Jun 29, 2013
    Invasive drm, ACT control is being used. Also servers lag a lot on every game I play. Worse part is skirmish have to be played ONLINE what a joke, Moreover, this is a $60 game but with so few maps and day 1 dlc, jesus relic. What happened to you guys. Really disappointed with the game.
  19. Aug 5, 2013
    Freaking ugly trash from people who never learned history. Poor storyline crossed all gameplay experience. FAIL!
    Very disapointing, uses the same graphics engine, the graphics look very similar but it brings my 3770K and 680GTX to a halt. IT has very few improvements over the first game. This just screams cash in to me, Stick with the oringal CoH its much superior
  20. Jul 6, 2013
    I was a big fan of company of heroes 1 I played it since the begenning. I played the demo and I was very disappointed with the gameplay

For me the winter thing just breaks the flow of the gameplay. Blizzards are fun the first time but it gets repetitive the 5th time and so one. The graphics arent optimized my pc is barely running the game above 30 fps and its a gaming rig.The UI is ugly you have 1 million icons and it takes too much space on screen. The camera is too close from the units and the collision detection is still terrible.

All of the german units were just imported from coh 1 with newer textures thats just a cash-in move seriously and many cool units are missing from coh 1 like the knights cross or the assault troops...

Also the russians are a way too weak the t34 could easely smack any cheap german tank and in this game its terrible. The germans are really overpowered in this game. The infantry deals less damage than the first coh 1 and there isnt any paratroopers its just a shame.

In summary this game sucks its a recycled version of coh 1 with eastern front units. Its just a cheap cash in save your money for some real games.
  21. Jul 14, 2013
    I am a huge COH advocate but COH2 is not the same as the previous title, do not be fooled by the amazing graphics effects, art work and soundscape. The most pleasing feature of all is the Army Customizer, it offers lots of new features and additions to gameplay, many of these can be obtained through over priced DLC.

This is what ruined the game for me: No Defenses, tank traps and

This is what ruined the game for me:

No Defenses, tank traps and dragons teeth have been removed from the game.

Maps The maps are vast and greatly detailed, however they are very open and no choke points are to be found. It's a mobile fast paced game, not like before. It feels like they removed all defense from the game to encourage people to "NOT" play tactically.

Overall the game is pretty but don't buy this, the game play is awful, I wish I had my money back.
  22. Jun 30, 2013
    Even worse than company of heroes 1 Game is the same except instead of usa you have russia.
    Gameplay is still horrible Group of infantry running casually infront of MG nests and not dieing Then they just sprint away Im giving this 1 point of out of pity 50 far too much for this game Should be 5
  23. Jun 25, 2013
  24. Jul 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. coh2 is dead,took me a week to reach lv100,mostly playing comps on my own,the game has no future,unless they open up custom games to the public where anyone can play 4v4 annihilation games against other players,automatch is too fast cant develop any games,no one like vp500,they could make it vp1000,everyone likes tanks,but auto vp500 isn't designs for tanks,just fast infantry battles,the game itself is fine,just the management of it needs fixing. Expand
  25. Aug 5, 2013
    The case of Paul Joseph Goebbels is alive and well!

Are the creators of the game were hoping to skim the cream on the horror stories, whether it was easier for 8 years to release a quality game?
  26. Aug 6, 2013
    Because the entire history of blatant lie! Thereby humiliating or denomination.Foreign veterans killed in the war. The game is made by order of the United States. Themselves to play it
  27. Aug 6, 2013
    Millions of graves for a photograph. [cit. Relic]
    The game is so stupid it could have been written by a 7 years old. Please patch it if it's possible.
  28. Jun 26, 2013
    They ruined my favorite game, just like Dungeon Siege 3, they corrupted the great game to make it a 1st person shooter console feel. I am completely disappointed. I hate games like that which is why i don't have a console and only play PC strategy.

AWFUL POS version of what used to be the best game ever.
  29. Jul 10, 2013
    I started playing COH1 when the first version came out in 2006 or 2007. It was and still is my favorite RTS. I own the original. Opposing fronts, and Tails of Valor.

COH2 should have been an expansion not the train wreck of a stand alone sequel it is. Shame on you Relic for selling out to SEGA. The Sequel, COH2, is a sorry excuse for a sequel and I'm VERY disappointed with Relic

Shame on you Relic for selling out to SEGA.

The Sequel, COH2, is a sorry excuse for a sequel and I'm VERY disappointed with Relic for the game itself and the fact that the day the game was released there was $60 worth of DLC for sale on top of the high $59 cost of the game on steam. Really? You couldn't wait a week or so to try milking the game for all it's worth? The units are completely un-balanced, the maps suck and the game is glitchy. I can play a match vs PC with my eyes closed in COH 1, it took me some time to learn where the buttons are that are very similar to the original game, it seems like they just changed the UI and installed the old game over the new game then added unit navigation to the mini map (Which is the only positive thing I have to say about the game). The user interface sucks, and my PC, which is an over clocked, water cooled, high end home made gaming beast can't maintain 60fps. Is my rig the problem? Probably not. Considering how many games were ruined with #2 I'm surprised that Relic just didn't release an expansion to COH1 for the eastern front. I like the eastern front mod much better than this game and that was a terrible mod at best. Maybe the game will be better in a year or two but Sega and Relic have their work cut out for them.

I have to say thanks for letting me play for free for two weeks though. I know not to buy this game for the total of $120 you're asking for it.

Will I pay $59 for the game? NO!!!
    Will I pay $60 for all the DLC? NO!!! I'd pay about $2 for it tops.

It's on my steam wish list because I'm going to wait till steam has one of their sales where I can get every piece of DLC and the game for like $13. If it never goes on sale I just won't play it.
  30. Jul 15, 2013
    Keeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keepKeeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keep firing directly into their own cover. It ruins the gameplay if you ask me. Oh year, in one mission whilst supposedly being backet up by a friendly army group (in the campaign) the AI keeps attacking the commisar stationed at my barracks when deploying conscripts, hitting and destroying my own buildings. Makes me ask myself if they even bothered to test the game. Expand
  31. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is a direct insult to the heroes of the second world war, who sacrificed their lives for the victory. Not even worth talking about the low level of the game itself that bothers 3 hours
  32. Aug 9, 2013
    I've never written a game review before but I just wanted to say that this game is terrible. Why is it called company of heroes? It should have been called Company of cowards. This game is an offence to all heroes of WWII. WTF relic? Are you crazy? Who wrote this sh*t? Hitler???
  33. Jul 18, 2013
    There is no multiplayer balancing at all. German's are completely overpowered once they get tanks and anti infantry. Soviets have about 2 mins at the start where they have a slight edge, then it's auto win for germans.

Do not buy this game if you like multiplayer! 75% of the players take german. This gives you an idea of how overpowered they are. I mean the German have anti tank

I mean the German have anti tank missles (not bazookas) that out range a tank. Ridiculous.
  34. Jun 25, 2013
    The performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to playThe performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to play with random players, including laggers, nubs and quitters. In an online match there is always some1 who is kicked or drop in the first 5 minutes of the match, so yeah you end up playing with the cpu or vs the cpu because the amount of people suffering performance issues is huge. There is absolutely nothing better in this sequel. Graphics are almost the same as CoH1. Its a huge waste of money. Probably the guys who did CoH1 no longer work in relic. The game is a huge failure. Also, if you were 1 of those who used to play on maps like gap or scheldt forget about them because you wont see a similar maps on this game. Oh 1 more thing, they also removed the chat rooms. Relic/sega/thq NEVER AGAIN! Expand
  35. Jul 2, 2013
    Gameplay & graphics are good, but story is terrible and unrealistic. Tons of first-day DLC make it even worse, optimization could be better too... Campaign should be removed and remade from scratch.
  36. Jul 3, 2013
    Relic should disappear at that time.
    It is greatly changed for the worse compared with the preceding crop.
    In AI, even being normal becomes strong and the human being who is unused to do RTS will leave this game immediately. Moreover, thanks to the worthless RPG element, the workability increased. It did the user of the preceding crop plainly and RELIC which accepted only the opinion
    Relic should disappear at that time.
    It is greatly changed for the worse compared with the preceding crop.
    Moreover, thanks to the worthless RPG element, the workability increased.
    It did the user of the preceding crop plainly and RELIC which accepted only the opinion of the partial core user destroyed this series.
  37. Jul 2, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 does NOT present any impressive momentum as if its predecessor did at that time. Instead, the developers choose to stay docile and complacent on their faded legacy. Once did they pioneer a fresh strategy genre truly revivifying the gaming experience, but not anymore. Some players would also point out the unnecessarily complex graphics making the controls not thatCompany of Heroes 2 does NOT present any impressive momentum as if its predecessor did at that time. Instead, the developers choose to stay docile and complacent on their faded legacy. Once did they pioneer a fresh strategy genre truly revivifying the gaming experience, but not anymore. Some players would also point out the unnecessarily complex graphics making the controls not that pleasant to command/operate multiple units, and navigate the battlefields. Expand
  38. Jul 26, 2013
    Nice multiplayer active and good designed.
    CAMPAIGN IS OUTRAGEOUSLY ONE-SIDED PROPAGANDA.
    I can agree that there were facts of war crimes and cruelty, but war was won due to people heroism and Motherland love. Seems scenarists concentrated only on bad facts they read in books of cold war period.
  39. Jul 10, 2013
    just buy COH1 its better than this game poorly optimized rubbish and i don't know were these developers get of charging £40 for a pc games what a rip off joke avoided it at all cost but maybe buy it in a sale when its about £25 do yourself a favor.
  40. Jul 9, 2013
    this is an example of a company in its final collapse, not sure if sega new what they bought but THQ long gutted it, first came DOW2, then SpaceMarine and now this, I think its obvious that the original devs of COH1, DOW1 and Homeworld have long left, and now you have the remains of a once great studio and a crew of amateurs, trying to re work original work and made it worse, the gamethis is an example of a company in its final collapse, not sure if sega new what they bought but THQ long gutted it, first came DOW2, then SpaceMarine and now this, I think its obvious that the original devs of COH1, DOW1 and Homeworld have long left, and now you have the remains of a once great studio and a crew of amateurs, trying to re work original work and made it worse, the game should have just been an expansion at least you'd have the original maps and old armies. Who the hell did those cut scenes, seriously did they out source them to an animation studio in the jungle of Cambodia, comically bad animation and acting Expand
  41. Aug 6, 2013
    Full lie that humiliates Russian. Why this game is not made ​​in the first part? Let the Americans kill and burn each other. Bad and Bad history only.
  42. Jul 9, 2013
    What happened during the development? Did the developers get lazy and decide to just take the original game and change the characters? Don't turn into the strategy version of CoD. This game had so much potential, but they screwed it up, but they went "Hey here is your game, this is so good... HAHA suckers! We got your money now!"
  43. Jul 8, 2013
    I used to play company of heroes 1 a lot and it's an excellent game. Coh2 however is terrible. I played the alpha, the beta and the released version. The game play is sluggish and laggy. The game design is too plain simple and boring compared to coh1. It feels like the old panzer elite and british abilities are just randomly spread to soviet or german side and there is no innovative newI used to play company of heroes 1 a lot and it's an excellent game. Coh2 however is terrible. I played the alpha, the beta and the released version. The game play is sluggish and laggy. The game design is too plain simple and boring compared to coh1. It feels like the old panzer elite and british abilities are just randomly spread to soviet or german side and there is no innovative new features at all. Coh2 is graphic wise even inferior to coh1 and it's 6 years after the first game was published.

Now when the game is released I finally started the game and at my first automatch my opponent did disconnect even before the game started and I "lost the match". Next automatch I was put against a level 24 german. My level was 1 and I was totally roflstomp'd.

I wish I could have my money back.
  44. Jul 1, 2013
    One word: Meh.

I bought COH 1 and all the expansions and still play it today with my friends, it's an awesome game. Unfortunately, if you play COH1 you will be disappointed with the COH2 because it has even more problems that the first game. In fact they have changed things that have been done just fine and made them worse. Even worse AI than in the first game, ruined the UI, many
    One word: Meh.

Even worse AI than in the first game, ruined the UI, many units have become obsolete because of imbalances (ussr vs wehr snipers), less specialized units which means less tactics, weather makes units harder to recognize, graphics generally is not much better at all, timed blizzards break the flow of the game and are annoying, tanks don't have the same "feel" from the first game, sound is bad. These are just the things that I though of right now. COH1 will remain a better game and I sure intend to play it as long as they'll keep their servers up.
  45. Jun 26, 2013
    Bad optimization ,poor campaign ,stupid AI, minor changes from first COH.
    Very high price for this game,useless dlc with collections edition.
    On my ssd is a first game with long loading time about 30-40 sec.
  46. Jun 25, 2013
    If you were a player like me that enjoyed fighting the computer more then humans, enjoyed base building, and enjoyed capturing all the points before going for the kill, this is not the game for you....The graphics are not an improvement over the old CoH. I honestly thought that maybe all that playing on CoH online might have meant that the producers of this game would have picked some ofIf you were a player like me that enjoyed fighting the computer more then humans, enjoyed base building, and enjoyed capturing all the points before going for the kill, this is not the game for you....The graphics are not an improvement over the old CoH. I honestly thought that maybe all that playing on CoH online might have meant that the producers of this game would have picked some of the greatness and put it into this game. Unfortunately they failed. they changed the whole design of having to pick your advances within your tech tree during the game. the camera doesn't seem to go out far enough to give you a half decent view. while ive only played as germans it seems the soviet stuff kills me faster then I can kill them. The AI sucks. I was really hoping my guys would have the common sense to take cover... I feel this game was tailored to the multi-player crowd. While that can be fun at times, sometimes you just want to play the AI. the days of building a strong defensive line are over. resources build slowly and while its a nice idea that you can choose what type of supply point you want to make, the cost, speed of construction, and toughness make them less then worthwhile. I don't feel the cost of units on the German side is equal to their effectiveness. overall, ive been looking forward to this game for a few years now. Im sad to say Ill probably keep playing CoH since this game fails to feel the same. maybe if they would have kept the interface the same (or at least similar) I could trick myself into liking this game, but they didn't do that....

I want company of hero's online back... id even pay good money to play that game....
  47. Jun 25, 2013
    Relic had A+ programmers working on COH1... and B- programmers working on COH2. They main guy's who were in charge of COH1 have started their own company.... there sense of perfection is missing from this game.

This game looks like a cheap cross between COH and DOW seriously, it has an overall cartoony feel to it Shame on you Relic for making us wait 6-7 years, then serve this up as a sequel.

Overall review.... FAIL. I pre-ordered it, but after the Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta.... I don't even have the desire to install the released game !!!

Seriously the Russian buildings look like logs of poop where's the buildings seriously...

Pure Disgust
  48. Jun 25, 2013
    While it looked promising during the beta the fact that Relic didn't even bother to put in any extra Multiplayer maps proves that they too have turned and have chosen to go for the easy money rather than the support of their community.

All they basically did since the beta is add the singleplayer campaign, that is it. The same four basic maps that didn't really feel well put together

The same four basic maps that didn't really feel well put together and were generally just boring to play are the only maps we'll be able to play multiplayer on.

Multiplayer is a pretty important aspect of this game, unfortunately the thieves at Relic are too busy grubbing over money to actually give two ****

Do not purchase this game or any games by Relic, these have gone Actiblizzard and will be pushing over priced DLC our way in no time.

Want extra maps Pay for 'em!

**** you Relic.
  49. Jun 25, 2013
    Nothing new here except crashes and errors. And I can't seem to get any help for the problems. Company of Heroes was a great game. This one has better graphics and music but a lot of problems. It is a waste of money. Skip It.
  50. Jul 9, 2013
    I picture a Sega Boardroom meeting: "The game sucks and all of Relic developers left? Sell the pre-order! Screw the loyal fans and franchise!. This game blows! COH is my favorite game too. Totally uninspired maps where a mongloditic ape can win by continuously spawning more reds to attack Germans. Is it still a RTS game if no strategy required? Not releasing it would have beenI picture a Sega Boardroom meeting: "The game sucks and all of Relic developers left? Sell the pre-order! Screw the loyal fans and franchise!. This game blows! COH is my favorite game too. Totally uninspired maps where a mongloditic ape can win by continuously spawning more reds to attack Germans. Is it still a RTS game if no strategy required? Not releasing it would have been way better as this game was iconic. FU SEGA, you greedy cum-queefing felch-belchers! Expand
  51. Jun 25, 2013
    The games go has this- The Russian play their hearts out while the germans wait till they get panzers then win simple has that.
    Weather system is dumb since russiand rely on infantry so much and they still get affected by the weather putting them down for several minutes while the germans run in with their overpowered tanks.
  52. Aug 9, 2013
    Dear relic, in Company of Heroes 3+its addons the gaming community would like to see a "historically balanced" story about the heroic struggle of American troops in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. Don't forget to put in and emphasize on napalming peaceful Vietnamese villages, carpet bombing cities, slaughtering POWs and shooting civilians from drones. I think that the game would beDear relic, in Company of Heroes 3+its addons the gaming community would like to see a "historically balanced" story about the heroic struggle of American troops in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. Don't forget to put in and emphasize on napalming peaceful Vietnamese villages, carpet bombing cities, slaughtering POWs and shooting civilians from drones. I think that the game would be as highly accepted in the US as COH 2 is in Russia and CIS right now. Continue your effort of showing all sides of the "truth". We can open up funding for this project right away so you could come up with another sloppy sequel by 2020.

P.S. The Chinese would also love a game where they slaughter themselves during WWII and not by the Japanese occupants.
  53. Jun 28, 2013
    The game is pretty good, but has an intense amount of problems. The many betas did not solve and made severe balance issues worse. The engine is poorly coded and not optimized for Nvidia cards, and has no SLI support due to poor coding and optimization. The campaign and multiplayer are not historically accurate and are full of a lot of offensive propaganda and such. Do not buy this gameThe game is pretty good, but has an intense amount of problems. The many betas did not solve and made severe balance issues worse. The engine is poorly coded and not optimized for Nvidia cards, and has no SLI support due to poor coding and optimization. The campaign and multiplayer are not historically accurate and are full of a lot of offensive propaganda and such. Do not buy this game unless you have an extremely good gaming PC and are ready for a future pay2win. Expand
  54. Aug 22, 2013
    The multiplayer is fairly good. But get this: in some ways its actually inferior to the original COH! Weird that the game should be going backwards! The UI is worse and the frame-rate issues suggest this was not properly play-tested or optimized. I have THREE big issues with his game, leading to a low review score: (1) Day one DLC! The game is $60 for goodness sake! It is rude andThe multiplayer is fairly good. But get this: in some ways its actually inferior to the original COH! Weird that the game should be going backwards! The UI is worse and the frame-rate issues suggest this was not properly play-tested or optimized. I have THREE big issues with his game, leading to a low review score: (1) Day one DLC! The game is $60 for goodness sake! It is rude and ridiculous to add 'free to play' features for a game that already cast 5X the going price for the original (better) game. (2) The absence of meaningful improvement in the game. (3) The bloody ridiculous anti-Soviet propaganda of the campaign. I'm not vaguely Russian, nor am I a lover of Stalin, whom we all know was nearly as bad as Hitler. But I agree with the score-bombing hordes of outraged Russian fans about this game. The Russians had a tough fight on their hands. They lost a lot of men and they were up against Tiger tanks, and MG 42s. In the end they prevailed, not with human-wave attacks, but with courage, tenacity and tactical skills learned against a fierce opponent. Not only that, Soviet generals out-thought and out-planned the German high command. The Red Army beat their enemy fair and square on the battlefield. And they deserve respect for it. The campaign for this game takes a totally inappropriate and historically dubious set of ideas and expands them into the main theme of the game: the Soviets were monsters. I guess we all learn from our mistakes, but Relic definitely facked this one up! Maybe with all the extra money they rip-off with their DLC they could do a big patch and fix up this stupid campaign!

THE GROT REVIEW CRITERIA: After a long time writing reviews like an anus, think its time to set something straight. Stop insulting designers. Show some respect for the design process and getting games in circulation. Hence (1) No Red scores. (2) Game scores as follows: Bad Game 5/10. Poor Game 6/10. Mediocre Game: 7/10. Good Game 8/10. Great game 9/10. Stella Game 10/10. To get 10/10 it must be a game that can be (theoretically) play-able for 1000+ hours. Not only great but near endless fun. Games may be bad or poor but making them should earn respect. Thus even the worst POS will still be a 5/10. 0/10 no longer exists in my vocabulary. Yellow is the new red.
  55. Jul 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game since the open beta and I feel that I wasted my $60 on it as it just isn't fun to play. I have played many hours of automach AI games and although the other critics cry unbalanced I think the balance is fine it's just that the difference between Easy AI and Standard AI is too much. the progression from simple always defeated AI to almost impossible to beat AI has really taken the fun away. I also think the story mode was too shallow and short. I was hoping that it would be the pinnacle of the game but it seems they decided on multiplayer as the main feature and the campaign mode just an afterthought. I wish I could get my money back as I feel I wasted it. Expand
  56. Jul 9, 2013
    Keine Kaufempfehlung für Multiplayerfans! Warum? Ihr könnt euch nicht wie bei CoH1 die Maps Gegner oder den Modus wählen. Ihr bekommt zufällig eine Karte und eure Gegner und Spielt nur mit Siegmarken. Jedoch finde ich die Grafik nicht schlecht. Fazit: Singelplayer: JA Multiplay: NEIN, kauf dir lieber CoH1
  57. Jul 1, 2013
    The fact that such a major game release only received an 80 avrg. from the famously pliable gamer press is damning by faint praise enough.

However I also have to say that charging $60 for a glorified expansion pack is an insult and will damage this brand irrevocably in respectability and prestige. This team made a phenomenal game years ago that I played endlessly. Skip forward and its obvious lightening did not strike twice. Everything is either recycled or 'shudder' simplified...

I was wary but pre-purchased this game out of brand loyalty. I have learned my lesson.
  58. Jul 31, 2013
    Metacritic is BROKEN. I have just seen over 200 user reviews clearly written by the same person.
    I have no doubt that this is the case these hundreds of reviews. All taking about what a terrible war WWII was, how the writers family suffered etc. Many of them contain the exact same spelling mistake. All of them go on about "Russian suffereing" and hardly ever mention the game. Either one person using a bot to create accounts (very VERY simple) and post gazillions of reviews (very VERY simple using UBot 4.1 and some proxies). THis devalues Metacrtic and shows the arrogance of someone who thinks that their opinion in worth that of hundreds of other people and must be artificially aplified to ensure his will pervails. The sort of arrogance and method Stalin might have used if he were alive or Hitler! The game IS crap however. How on earth the magazones give it 8+ is beyond me. It's not a "0" though maybe a 3 but it is a very poor game. Terrible AI, poorly optimized, nerfed in terms of strategy from the original. Not very good at all. Just wish it could have earned this low score naturally rather then having someone so obviously force the issue with voting bots.
  59. Aug 29, 2014
    The game is definitely improving from the very poor launch. New multiplayer lobbies with annihilate is the most welcome addition. The in-game feedback popups also show that devs are trying to make the game better. There's still imbalance, most notably with the OKW from the new expansion, but the game is much better than it used to be
  60. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is a good one, but it's far from being a great one. Mechanic didn't change much since the first CoH, but sometimes it's better to stick to the roots than to change everything over, and this game is the example of good-old mechanic which works. Graphics are nice, and online multiplayer is tough and action-packed. But the game is far from being great, what works well inThis game is a good one, but it's far from being a great one. Mechanic didn't change much since the first CoH, but sometimes it's better to stick to the roots than to change everything over, and this game is the example of good-old mechanic which works. Graphics are nice, and online multiplayer is tough and action-packed. But the game is far from being great, what works well in multiplayer, doesn't work in the campaign mode just as well. Next issue I've got with this game is its historical accuracy, and it's a big one, If you don't mind it, just buy a game, for a person who's not concerned with history this can be easily an 8-9 out of ten. For those who are however, it delivers story in a classic cold-war era fashion, with a horribly disgusting portrayal of soviets, some details of the story so focused on "anti-Russian" propaganda that they don't make any sense, like burning your own people alive, and soldier saying something like "We will fight to the death!" and another replies sarcastically "Like we have any choice", what choice is he talking about? Surrender to become Nazi slave? You've got your usual "bad red" package, firing squads, penal divisions, murder of POWs and so on. It is an ok game, but politics held it from becoming a great one, first CoH was absolutely politically neutral, but this one is the real blast from the past, with all cold-war stereotypes in place. Sad-sad-sad. Expand
  61. Jun 29, 2013
    Laughable AI (the way the enemy units rush you down like ant is a joke), The maps are too small, everything is way too fast. This is not a real strategy game, more like an arcade (I guess that is the reason for the good review, it does not really require much effort to play...).
  62. Jul 1, 2013
    In it's current state the game is not complete, lacks maps and game types, it leans heavily on the originals credentials "follow up to the highest rated RTS game of all time". There has been day 1 DLC releases and I see a very limited appeal to casual gamers and unfortunately the meta game is still being hammered out. So by all means come back to the game in 6 months time or better stillIn it's current state the game is not complete, lacks maps and game types, it leans heavily on the originals credentials "follow up to the highest rated RTS game of all time". There has been day 1 DLC releases and I see a very limited appeal to casual gamers and unfortunately the meta game is still being hammered out. So by all means come back to the game in 6 months time or better still wait for them to fix COH1 and play the highest rated RTS game of all time.

It's such a shame really, I feel let down by relic and so should Sega but ultimately it's a shadow of it's predecessor.
  63. Jun 26, 2013
    Disadvantages:
    - Nope maintain a list of servers. Auto-match looks random opponents, a random card and the same condition for the victory;
    - Monotonous commanders. Total on each side by 5 teams, the others have been added since the release of the shuffled capacity already available in the beta version, which does not introduce variety in the game; - In the campaign, a lot of anti-Soviet
    Disadvantages:
    - In the campaign, a lot of anti-Soviet propaganda. If developers do not like communism, why create a game about them? In the campaign, a lot of false, propaganda activities against the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany is shown with a humane side.
    - Treadmill multiplayer. In multiplayer, the lack of the set of equipment and weapons, and therefore the same battle quickly bored. For example, do not have as many defenses as in the first part
    - Lack of balance sides. The Soviet Union is weak and expensive heavy machinery, while the German infantry monotonous.
    - Bad Game optimization
  64. Jun 25, 2013
    Campaign is waaaayyy too easy even on highest setting you can't even lose, also the missions are too short. Theathre of war is also waay too easy and it lack co-op campaigns (only 4??) and a lobby system.

Multiplayer is full of units nobody ever uses (t-34, guards, IS-2, pak40 ETC.) also the multiplayer have the same sh*t network system as the other Relic games. Also dissapointed that again CoH releases with only 2 armies...

Would have gotten a 9/10 in 2006 but for 2013 very dissapointent, almost no improvement from the original.. not worth 60 euros.
  65. Jun 25, 2013
    I never have technical issues with games. My computer is middle of the road, NVIDIA GTX 560 Windows 7 64 bit etc. However, this game would not start for me initially. Resolution was reduced to 800x600 (or less) the screen update was choppy. Figured out it would not go into fullscreen mode. So the first 3 hours were frustrating to say the least. From what I have seen of game play it looksI never have technical issues with games. My computer is middle of the road, NVIDIA GTX 560 Windows 7 64 bit etc. However, this game would not start for me initially. Resolution was reduced to 800x600 (or less) the screen update was choppy. Figured out it would not go into fullscreen mode. So the first 3 hours were frustrating to say the least. From what I have seen of game play it looks ok. It is a shame that they released something that does not appear (from my perspective) to be quite ready. Expand
  66. Jun 25, 2013
    I never really tend to write reviews for games but this game is as good as any to write a review for. I played the Beta and had mixed feelings about this game but I still bought it hoping it would be the rebirth of the beloved first Company of Heroes. Alas this was a poor attempt at a reboot in my opinion. I guess if there is anyone to blame it would be Sega as Relic have produced a decentI never really tend to write reviews for games but this game is as good as any to write a review for. I played the Beta and had mixed feelings about this game but I still bought it hoping it would be the rebirth of the beloved first Company of Heroes. Alas this was a poor attempt at a reboot in my opinion. I guess if there is anyone to blame it would be Sega as Relic have produced a decent game but it has lost that original flare.

The matchmaking system has radically changed from the previous games. No long are you able to search for custom games and play annihilation like you used to. You are confined to either play with your friends in custom games, play against the AI which is sometimes laughable unless you crank the difficulty to max and even then AI Cheats come into play. Or you may enter a ranked system where new comers to the game and genre will find themselves fighting level 40's and 30's straight off the bat.

The DLC is obviously a quick cash making scheme. Standard Sega practice. If you cant be bothered to play the game and unlock things why don't you just chuck money at it to help you win.

With regards to the multiplayer and the AI. You may find yourself screaming at the screen, as the balance for two opposing forces is rather odd at times. Unit path finding is quite poor especially on tanks as you will find your tanks will never face the way you want. The game may have an added sense to realism but it has lost the COH fun factor.

The campaign is nothing special, certainly not worth the hefty price tag. Yes you can believe the fan boy/girl hype train reviews where they just shout GREAT GAME or the poor reviews where people solely moan about the price and DLC but truth is this game is mediocre at best.

To sum up:
    -Mediocre Campaign
    -Forced ranked matchmaking that constricts you to one gametype and is not very fun.
    -Stupid COD style ranking system.
    -Spam tanks to win style play
    -Not optimised to work well with older computers so you will find the game lags in multiplayer because someone else is lagging and ultimately you may lose the game because they can be booted.
  67. Jun 27, 2013
    I pre-ordered the game after playing the beta. However, the final release was a disappointment, to put it mildly.

This game is an all-out cash-grab with an unfinished (if compared to the quality of CoH 1) product. The campaign cutscenes feature incomlete voiceovers, and their quality is such that at one point I found my Russian commissar speaking with a German accent. The

The characters would better fit Warhammer 20000k universe. While CoH 1, in all the campaigns, focused on humanity first and foremost, CoH 2 has the "roofle I R in UR command chain, killing UR doods" commissar, whose orders are often so idiotic the apparent attempt at presenting him as ruthless absolutely fails. The main character (who happens to be Jewish, which made for enjoyable spectacle on the Steam boards), at least, receives some more love and attention.

From the game-play perspective itself, there is little new. The ability to capture enemy abandoned vehicles and breaking ice are about the only notable changes, and they are, really, just gimmicks. What -is- lacking is any kind of in-game information about actual combat effectiveness of your units. Wonder about firepower of your infantry squad, or armor rating of your assault gun? Keep wondering, there is only a "flavor" description for your consideration. Even such a simple thing as additional weaponry is not fully shown you have little icons representing the extra equipment, but, again, no statistical information on their effectiveness. In the extreme case, your Russian Guard units is carrying PTRS anti-tank rifles (by default). They can be upgraded with DPS light machine guns, as well. You are also able to pick up one support weapon from the battlefield.

However, the icon representing the weapon upgrades will only show one of them. Lost almost all your units in the squad? Keep wondering if you still have that shiny MG34 or not.

While this isn't as apparent during the main campaign (where it helps that you do get appropriate units to handle the stituation), the two factions are in desperate need of balancing for multiplayer. The resource distribution in ANY skirmish mode (be it against other players, or AI) means that controlling the fuel high points decides the outcome of the game. In fact, in the auto-match mode, it often makes sense to forego defending Victory Point flags until you can curbstomp the enemy with armor. While playing as Germans you do have a (very, very effective) anti-armor unit, Russians will usually lose the game if German side manages to get Ostwinds or PzKpfw IVs before SU-85s are on the field (or several T-34s).

AT guns feel lackluster even against German medium armor. They fare much better against T-34s, but that's merely because it's apparently a "light" medium tank that requires numbers to take on anything comparable on the German side. Effectively, SU-85 (which costs -more- than Panzer iV) is the only reliable Soviet anti-tank measure aside from commander doctrine abilities (which often are too expensive to use in mid-game when they CAN make a difference).

The doctrines themselves have been "streamlined" from CoH1 to a simple line progression each commander has specific abilities, and you cannot customize them. Some are definitely better than others (the Russian Armored Assault commander made a brief appearance before being eliminated from the game without a word), and as of now there is a limited number of unique command abilities in-game.

The multiplayer side of the game is... lacking. There are limited options for hosting specific games. The automatch features only a single game-mode, which, with competent teammates against ANY AI rating (yes, even Expert) is often too short to enjoy the heaviest toys... not to mention that it largely plays out the very same (as mentioned often in the reviews, the selection of maps to play on is really limited).

The Theater of War gives a few more distractions, but even with pre-order "bonus" it's still limited in content. As much of the game, it's clear to have received a loving "DLC" treatment.

One notable inclusion is the "deck" abilities that you unlock by completing certain "objectives" in-game (kill a particular number of sometimes specific units, build so many of this, or just attain particular rank). However, since you are limited to three "deck" slots, and some abilities (or combinations thereof) are clearly superior to others, I'd wager on a quick settling on particular patterns among the players.

It also seems German Pioneers do not deserve any "deck" ability whatsoever ;)

I won't go into actual performance issues (no multi-GPU support, for starters), since I'm running out of space.

Basically, an unfinished game with arguably developed single-player campaign and DLC-focused remainder of it. Definitely not worth the asking price, but not a bad game in itself, either.

I doubt for modding support, either if only based on what happened with Total War titles so don't expect fan-made fixes.
  68. Jul 6, 2013
    This could have been a great game. But I think it still is a good game.

This could have been a great game. But I think it still is a good game.

Compared to its predecessor, Company of Heroes I, it is a step up in graphics, animation, sound and several gameplay elements, but a step down at much else. Doctrines are dumbed down. Unit weapon stats are gone. Realism has taken a turn for the worse (e.g. homing AT-nades which always hit the engine with same max distance as Panzerfaust or crazy tank-ramming which always hits and destroys the gun of the victim tank). Unit abilities seem half-baked. And the user interface has been messed up did Relic delegate it to an intern?

The multiplayer ranking ladder from the predecessor is gone. Instead, we have an experience system a lá Battlefield or Call of Duty out of place and really ridiculous. Of course, matchmaking suffer because of this.

To make matters worse, the marketing department at Sega has worked day and night to packet lots of different DLCs to maximize revenue from already paying customers, which their cherished fan-base of course must pay for, even though they obviously have been developed alongside the main product, and adding nothing really new so far (e.g a new doctrine with a new combination of already existing commander abilities).

In conclusion, the best WW2 RTS out at the moment, a ton of fun, but with lots of improvement potential.
  69. Jun 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To all who rate this game so negative did u play it already? What's wrong with the campaign? You come out here and assess this game with 4 points or less WITHOUT arguments ...

Its a realy nice Game! It´s not CoH 1 but you can tell where it comes from.
    I like the new features like Winter, footsteps, true sight and so on. Caomaign is also good.

Good work Relic. Keep on!
  70. Jun 26, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is a great sequel of the original and definitely lives up to the expectations of dedicated fans who waited 7 years for it to come out.

The game feels similar to Vanilla CoH simply because the system used in it was so successful, cover, randomness and all the amazing features that were never experienced before in a RTS game. The game is very specific, one and only

The game is very specific, one and only standing out of the crowd, you have to love the way it feels and plays, unlike StarCraft and other similar RTS, CoH has the randomness factor and lacks exact numbers so you cannot really predict how the engagement is gonna end up, unit counters are purely situational and the only thing stopping you from being creative about the tactics is yourself!

There is a lot of hate in the scores, they are absolute bs, game is relatively cheap for standard edition, not more expensive than any other new release, and the exclusive red start edition which is in fact £70/$100 is not required, I got it since I love Relic and their work, but the only think that I have and others does not are skins (cosmetic changes) and Theatre of War, Single Player/ Co-op missions.

There is no exclusive content that gives you advantages in multiplayer over other people so please stop whining.

As to the political hate. This is World War II, eastern front, Russians vs Germans, fair enough, both of them were hated by some, but ffs this is a VIDEO GAME, Russians were tyrants just as Germans were, not all of them, but they were, I know this well having some insight into the history and coming from Poland that used to be under the occupation of both factions, if you ask me? Russians were much worse than Germans at times, yet everyone cries about showing them in the bad light.

"Not one step back" was a thing and a lot of Russians died fighting for the Motherland, deal with it. They murdered, raped and pillaged, MUCH MORE than German forces advancing through some countries but this is a political discussion and we are not here for this.

The game is amazing, definitely worth buying and playing for the next 7 years until Company of Heroes 3 comes out.

RECOMMENDED!

Just Dawid.
  71. Jun 25, 2013
    This game is a fantastic game. This game is by no means a perfect score, but is worth a purchase. First off, the theater of war campaign with a friend is completely enjoyable and allows you to play as both the Russians and Germans in their separate campaigns.

The AI is not as bad as people think. Playing on a EASY AI is technically easy, but the AI does get more difficult faster, depending on the difficulty put on. The skirmish fights are very enticing and enjoyable as well. There is a lot of action, and of course explosions that bring what WW2 had to the table. The only thing that I have seen that I would not mind changing, is the resources (Oil, Ammunition) were a little more available as the first Company of heroes. The full on customization of your commanders and the tech trees you want to bring to the battlefield is completely brilliant. It allows for users to really dig into their roots and bring out their own specific play styles.

This game once again, has been very enjoyable thus far and I continue to play. Come and joy me, as Company of Heroes 2 is a breath of decent fresh air. Good luck and have fun!
  72. Jun 25, 2013
    The main problems for some gamers are the "political subtext" and "it's too old". Nice. Game really good, nice. Many DLC materials could be open while playing. Multiplayer are good, but some bus may be revealed. Sorry for mistakes. And for hidden "comrades". khm,
  73. Jun 25, 2013
    This game in my opinion is amazing. I never played the first CoH so I'm not sure if it's too similar or whatever, all I know is that it plays great. The campaign is a bit dull but honestly I don't think that's what most people bought it for. The multiplayer and co-op modes are fast paced and extremely fun. The thing that I enjoy most is that instead of being based on how many clicks youThis game in my opinion is amazing. I never played the first CoH so I'm not sure if it's too similar or whatever, all I know is that it plays great. The campaign is a bit dull but honestly I don't think that's what most people bought it for. The multiplayer and co-op modes are fast paced and extremely fun. The thing that I enjoy most is that instead of being based on how many clicks you can make (looking at you starcraft) the game requires you to best your ally through superior tactics and outmaneuvering. If you are the kind of person who loves ww2 and real combat not a clicking contest BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  74. Jul 11, 2013
    What happend to Metacritic? Its has almost reached the same level as amazon.com when it comes to user reviews... so many biased post, It's almost unbearable. I feel sorry for Relic because they had a very hard time (THQ gone bankrupt) and COH2 was on the edge to be thrown in the paperbox. Sega bought Relic and they could finish this product but it was a troublesome development... underWhat happend to Metacritic? Its has almost reached the same level as amazon.com when it comes to user reviews... so many biased post, It's almost unbearable. I feel sorry for Relic because they had a very hard time (THQ gone bankrupt) and COH2 was on the edge to be thrown in the paperbox. Sega bought Relic and they could finish this product but it was a troublesome development... under those conditions I have to say that this game is actually really good.

I'm sure that Relic will improve on this game with new units, new factions and other features... just like they did with COH1. At the moment COH1 maybe is the better game (aside from graphics) but COH1 was released in 2006 and had tons of balance/content patches and some addons, so you can expect it to be a bit better! COH2 will reach that level in the future... but you have to be patient.

_________________________

Now that this has been said, I actually like this game. I've spent about 100 hours into the online mode already (have not even played the campaign yet) and I totally love it. The early game was a bit unbalanced but yesterday (10th july) the first balance patch was released and they addressed the issues and the next patch will most likely address mid and/or late game. There will be new TOTW missions as well (I finished all TOTW1941 missions on highest difficulty, they where entertaining).

I would give this game 8/10 for its current state but because of all those hater-post I'm going to give it a 10... its really sad how the gamerbase has changed... and NO this review is not bought by relic, as some paranoid users tend to say about other people's opinions on this game.
  75. Jul 13, 2013
    I have over a hundred hours into this game between the beta and launch. Overall it's a fantastic game. Relic didn't waste time trying to reinvent the wheel, which is great because the original COH was near perfection. The added features like winter weather hazards, better line of site, and the ability to vault obstacles are welcome editions although the vaulting is a little more cumbersomeI have over a hundred hours into this game between the beta and launch. Overall it's a fantastic game. Relic didn't waste time trying to reinvent the wheel, which is great because the original COH was near perfection. The added features like winter weather hazards, better line of site, and the ability to vault obstacles are welcome editions although the vaulting is a little more cumbersome than it should be. I like that several maps are available in winter or summer versions. The difference is interesting. The Theater of War, AI Automatch, Custom Game, and PvP AutoMatch features add a ton of depth to the game that greatly increase it's replayability. The balancing of the PvP and PvAI could use some tweeking. I find it odd that Russian units require as many resources as they do. It seems that German units should be more expensive, but much more effective. Russian units should be less effective, but much cheaper. This would reflect the reality of the conflict better, but that's not the case. It does seem like Russian units are weaker than their German counterparts, but they still cost a lot of manpower, ammunitions, and fuel. I also really wish that team crewed weapons like HMG Teams and Anti-Tank Guns would turn to face potential threats on their own. There's nothing more annoying than having an HMG team flanked because they won't reface quickly enough especially when the attacking force is clearly visible upon approach. Mortar teams turn to lob rounds at nearby enemies why not HMG Teams and Anti-Tank Guns? If you face a crew it should turn to face threats and then return to the original facing. Having to micro manage every interaction can be frustrating. The single player campaign has been pretty easy so far, but I appreciate the story and cut scenes. Unlike some of the reviews I think they portray the conflict honestly and don't degrade the Russians at all. The Germans were a brutal enemy and survival required the Russians to make huge sacrifices because at the beginning of the conflict they weren't nearly as well armed or as well trained. They basically had to throw bodies at the German war machine to even have a hope of delaying it. I think the game honors the brave sacrifice that millions of Russians made against incredible odds.

Overall COH 2 has great graphics, lots of features, pretty solid gameplay, with some minor balance issues. It's historically accurate and tons of fun. I think it's well worth the purchase price if you're into RTS games. The multitude of features adds a lot of depth. I hope they fix some of the balancing issues and adjust the facing issue with crewed weapons. I also hope they create additional DLC. I could use some more multiplayer maps! Great job Relic!
  76. Jun 25, 2013
    It's just perfect RTS. Also It's the best RTS. Much more better than Men of War.Great story about soviets, excellent multplayer and interesting Theatre of War. I really enjoyed this game! Great game!!!
  77. Jul 7, 2013
    incredible graphics. Very well maintained. Soviets will have to fiddle around this time to move forward and regain their homeland. The game needed a good team, however it is worth the game
  78. Jun 25, 2013
    I played quite a lot of Company of Heroes and not just for the multiplayer. The original CoH campaign was a solid experience that gave us the opportunity to imagine how WW2 was intense, for both the allied forces and the soldiers of the Reich. This time, Company of Heroes 2 takes us to the eastern front and show us how bad things were for the Red Army.

From what I played (about 10 hours

From what I played (about 10 hours or so) the multiplayer feels balanced, fun and, last but not least, full of adrenaline. With people dying and screaming all around you'll get yourself shouting at your monitor for something like "God damnit! Shoot that Panzerfaust, you Also, the multiplayer actually shows the numeric superiority of the Red Army without unbalancing the whole experience.

All in all, Company of Heroes 2 was worth my money and I'm happy with the game. It's a shame that THQ is dead but I have faith that SEGA will be there to support their costumers.
  79. Jun 25, 2013
    the multiplayer is amazing, i'm playing since beta and the gameplay is fantastic, theater of war is intresting to variate and the campain in my opinion is better then the first one... i'm not saying that its fantastic but is variated and solid... however the multiplayer is fantastic
  80. Jun 25, 2013
    Having never really played the first one, I can not comment on change. What i can comment on is how much I enjoyed playing the game. For me a game has to have depth /complexity, be challenging, and and an "endgame" that lasts. On all fronts this game appears to have it.

There is depth. The environments, how units interact with environments and options like different commanders all provide that depth and complexity. For example, I found i could direct artillery to break ice to prevent units from advancing. Even playing the same map over and over i found each instance to be different and challenging.

The AI i found was by no means easy mode and i didn't find it stale (IE they use the same tactics over and over) The AI was challenging and once I am proficient in understanding the controls I know human opponents will provide all the challenge i need. I look forward to playing this for some time.
  81. Jun 25, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2, despite what many naysayers will claim, is not a bad game. If there had never been an original Company of Heroes and Company of Heroes 2 was released on its own the game would score very well; however, it is following a very tough act.

The remarkable innovations of the original game are still evident in Company of Heroes 2, and the game itself continues to take steps forwards with new and innovative features such as the ColdTech and the TrueSight mechanics. It is fun, and it is enjoyable.

But it is not the original Company of Heroes, and I think that is what everyone is going to think when they sit down to play this game. Though all of the aspects of what made the original great are here (the game's engine is gorgeous, the audio is fantastic, gameplay is fresh and innovative, the multiplayer is balanced-ish) the game ultimately falls short of what diehard Company of Heroes players were expecting, because it is impossible to recreate the experience of the original while still making changes, which is what any development studio has to do in order to stay competitive.

The only actual failing of the game, in my opinion, is that of the multiplayer. Though the multiplayer itself is balanced enough to be enjoyable for the moment and will become more balanced over the next four or five months, the approach to the online atmosphere seems to be directed at cooperative play and online play versus AI. The inclusion of the Theater of War mode was well-done and adds an enjoyable amount of replayability to the single-player side of the game.

While I can understand the decision to go the Theater of War-way, as most people who played the original Company of Heroes and its subsequent expansions preferred cooperative play against AI opponents, I feel as though the more competitive side of the online community has been neglected. There are, as far as I have been able to see, no noticeable improvements in the Company of Heroes 2 automatch features, and there seems to have been no real forethought into supporting competitive online play down the road.

All of the games in the Company of Heroes series have always been too slow paced to ever be treated as a proper e-sport, but I think that in this modern day and age when e-sports are on the cusp of becoming big, it was a serious mistake on Relic's part not to have been proactive in attempting to make Company of Heroes 2 a competitive online game.

All in all, however, the game is a solid investment and, in spite of any personal grumblings I have about the lack of foresight on the behalf of the game's developers, the multiplayer is a solid component of the game and complements the single player campaign and theater of war aspects well.

If you played the original and loved it, give this one some time. It is still fun, though you may experience some culture shock in adapting to this new game. If you never played the first game, but enjoy real-time strategy games, you'll find Company of Heroes 2 to be a great experience.

82. Jun 25, 2013
    Being a person who, according to steam, has played the original company of heroes for 272 hours and the beta for so far 52 hours am a bit of a subject matter expert in Company of Heroes. This game is fantastic. It is more balanced than the original and with the advent of more MOS's/ Generals has in my mind greater replay value. The ability of certain units to dominate the battlefieldBeing a person who, according to steam, has played the original company of heroes for 272 hours and the beta for so far 52 hours am a bit of a subject matter expert in Company of Heroes. This game is fantastic. It is more balanced than the original and with the advent of more MOS's/ Generals has in my mind greater replay value. The ability of certain units to dominate the battlefield early has been handled nicely with manpower becoming more scarce as unit upkeep takes its toll. Artillery has more of a primary role in this game, as tanks have a game winning quality in later stages. All in all I couldn't have hoped for a better sequel and am completely amazed that so many people despise this game. I think that an odd blending of nostalgia and elitist irony are to blame. Expand
  83. Jul 10, 2013
    This game looks very beautiful for an RTS! I just can't resist it. The factions are distinct and they feel unique. The voice acting adds to the great immersion of the game.
    Somehow this game has so much charme to it. The weapon sounds, the soldiers' lines and the beautiful and realistic looks of everything make this such an intense experience. Being a very impatient fellah I can even enjoy replays of this that's how gorgeous this game is overall!
  84. Jun 25, 2013
    Company of heroes 2 has taken all of the good things that made CoH 1, refined them, and then added yet even more.

Whilst the campaign came across as a repetitive and numbing, this game truly shines in its "Theater of War" and Online skirmish modes. Battling it out with your friends in Online Skirmish has never felt more visceral and intense. Explosions shred the ground, as vehicles

Battling it out with your friends in Online Skirmish has never felt more visceral and intense. Explosions shred the ground, as vehicles collide with battlefield obstacles, sending broken props flying in all directions, whilst gunfire and mortar fire ring out from every direction. Overall, visuals and battlefield sound fidelity are superb, serving to draw you into the tense, ceaseless atmosphere throughout the course of the battle.

The theme of asymmetrical warfare that was evident in CoH 1 has made a triumphant return, allowing a whole host of fun abilities, commanders, and units to play around with in battles.

AI pathing and vehicle controls have been significantly refined since CoH 1, allowing faster response times and greater freedom of movement throughout the map. However there are still a few issues when controlling large groups of forces, as often times these blobs can bottleneck, causing a degree of frustration.

Theater of War allows the player to play solo, or cooperatively, along the course of World War 2 on the Eastern front, spanning from the initial invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941, to the fall of Berlin in 1945. This mode allows for an interesting historical look at the game, whilst meeting your demands for action, chaos and challenge!

Whilst there is a slightly steep learning curve for those new to RTS, and in particular CoH, I can guarantee that if you stick with it, you'll not only be able to stand a chance against some of the better players, but you'll also have hours upon hours of high destruction fun.

What more can you ask for?

85. Jun 26, 2013
    Awesome game. Not revolutionary, but more of the same of what made Company of Heroes great and that is no bad thing.

If you liked CoH you should love this.
  86. Jun 25, 2013
    Ten reasons to play Company of Heroes 2:

1. Two assymetrical sides of conflict Soviets with their great numbers and universality and Germans with advanced vehicles and skilled soldiers 2. Amazing competitive multiplayer developers really listen to community opinions so there is a good balance between factions even now on Day 1 3. Very interesting Coop missions in Theatre of War mode
    Ten reasons to play Company of Heroes 2:

3. Very interesting Coop missions in Theatre of War mode
    4. Nice graphics and physics every object on the map is destructable, you can turn map into Moon's surface, snow covers houses and vehicle remains during blizzards
    5. New winter warfare blizzards, snow, ice looks beautiful and affects all your actions on the battlefield
    6. Eastern Front with its brutality CoH has become more darker and serious than its predecessor
    7. Awesome soundtrack and unit voiceovers "PPSh-41 for everyone!"
    8. Possibility to create your own army with customizer different unit specialisations, different commanders, different vehicles camos
    9. Cinematic battles soldiers cover behind walls and fences, arty shells and grenades tear infantry aparts, fatally wounded soldiers are trying to crawl from the battle, tanks crush poor infantry there is a WW2 movie on your monitor
    10. Sigleplayer campaign not so historically correct but well-directed, long and interesting

Relic doesn't create bad games. CoH2 is a solid confirmation of this statement.
  87. Jun 25, 2013
    Why is it okay for games like Starcraft, Call of Duty, Battlefield to remain the same every year yet people are okay with it but this game cant? Why ruin one of the best RTS games made. They have added on to it to make it even better. It's a fantastic game and well worth the wait.
  88. Jun 27, 2013
    Briefly about myself: I am one of the largest long-time commentators of the Company of Heroes series on YouTube.

My Background: I have been playing Company of Heroes since 2007 and can firmly say the game is my number one favourite. Any game that allows you to enjoy countless hours of gameplay and bring you back over and over is worthy of a high rating and rightly so CoH is rated as one of the highest RTSs of all-time.

Thoughts on other reviews: Many people have been negatively reviewing the game, some even jumping the gun and giving it a 0/10. These are false reviews and should be neglected. A lot of times these people haven't even played the game and their ability to post such reviews is a problem with metacritic. Many have cited the game for Day 1 DLC, some have thrown in their own political agenda saying the game displays the Russians in a bad light.

My review: It's a historical fact that the Russians were no good guys during World War 2. Anyone trying to say they were are ignorant. A lot of Eastern European countries suffered at their hands during and post war. However, this doesn't justify giving the game a 0/10 as a majority of the review score will be dependent on the actual gameplay.

Company of Heroes 2 is not a revolutionary game, Company of Heroes was. However, CoH2 is an evolution of its prequel. The main features of the series are still present and defines the game as being part of the Company of Heroes series. As a sequel though, CoH 2 expands gameplay features incorporating winter weather, true sight, hoping over fences to name a few. There are all new sets of maps, new factions, new campaign, Theatre of War and so on. With these facts alone its easy to say that this game isn't a DLC nor an expansion but a new game in itself.

During the Alpha and Beta there were a lot of doubts casted on the gameplay mainly the lack of a smoothly flowing game with a wide variety of strategies. A number of patches later and closer to release, it became clear that the developers were listening to the players. The balance of the game has changed dramatically and game flow akin to the original Company of Heroes has emerged.

Having been a major lover of the original Company of Heroes, I'm confident in saying that COH 2 is the future of the series and a worthy sequel. Great experiences are present for both those minded in the single player and/or multiplayer.

The only reason I'm giving this game a 9/10 rather than a solid 10 is due to being realistic. I don't think any game should have day 1 DLC or a tiered purchase system. I still bought the Collector's Edition though because I believe Relic deserves it after how much hours and enjoyment I have had from the original COH.

I'm confident in recommending this game to anyone who loved the original COH and wants to move over to COH 2 and also anyone who has newly been introduced to the series. It's worth every bit of money spent.

You can check out my channel for gameplay videos on COH 1 or 2:

89. Jun 25, 2013
    The campaign is a little hokey but (in my humble opinion) is fairly challenging and long enough to be worth it. To top it off, Theater of War adds a ton of replayability and allows those who don't like competitive multiplayer or who have friends that aren't great at RTS games to get a lot of value out of the title. I'm looking forward to seeing them add onto this feature.

The game is

The game is gorgeous for an RTS even on fairly low settings, though it can be a little too muddy at times. The UI is chunky but well rendered and really informative (those unit cards at the top left make army control quite easy). Gameplay is excellent, if unforgiving (just like all of Relic's titles).

People, I think, are understating the effect that some simple changes will have on the game. Requisitioning destroyed vehicles and heavy guns is huge, and vaulting obstacles makes infantry a lot more mobile. Add in all of the ColdTech stuff (destroyable ice, units freezing in deep snow, and blizzards) and I think there's a lot here to keep people occupied.

The music and sound effects are just stellar.

I usually play on fairly low settings to make gameplay smoother and am not experiencing game-altering slowdowns, though mileage is sure to vary here. I'm totally hooked and look forward to years of stoming the Wermacht for the glory of the Rodina! :p
  90. Jul 12, 2013
    Good RTS games are so few and between nowadays. This is a true classic that does not reinvent itself in order to appease to a bigger crowd. Stays true to its origins and fans.
    Can't wait for the first expansion to hit the stores, that's when the game will take its full shape.
  91. Jun 25, 2013
    At long last, after so many months, THQ bankruptcy, and many hard moments for CoH community, this game is finally here. Its hard to believe, really. Game is above any of my expectations, regarding hard THQ times and limited budget. I dont know whats the point writing a review about the game which everyone had a chance to try on Steam these past weeks. As a result CoH2 is top seller onAt long last, after so many months, THQ bankruptcy, and many hard moments for CoH community, this game is finally here. Its hard to believe, really. Game is above any of my expectations, regarding hard THQ times and limited budget. I dont know whats the point writing a review about the game which everyone had a chance to try on Steam these past weeks. As a result CoH2 is top seller on Steam atm. Because it sucks? I dont think so. This is not the game where it was insanelly overhiped (cough Bioshock Infinite cough), and you bought it blindly, and later complaining to fall on critic scores. CoH2 had Open Beta, and whoever wanted it he got it.
    Troll den, such as Metacritic, will be a heaven for those, hardly that insanity from Steam forums wont spill here:
    "OMG, this game is just an expansion, CoH 1.5 at its best, rip-ooooooff"
    "OMG, this game is nothing like CoH, its completelly different"
    "They are showing us (Russians) as monsters"
    "They are using commies to show them like heroes, and theres no Americans in this game, boo-hoo"
    "Russians are completelly OP"
    "Germans are OP"
    "You can buy skins like DLC, this is pay 2 win gameeeeeeee"
    Not to mention StarCraft 2, Men of War, and World in Conflict trolls stalking forums and You Tube comment sections. Some of them are submited their reviews already. Great visuals (vehicles are more detailed than in most other genre games), Great voiceover, just like Im used from Relic, and epic soundtrack. This game isnt perfect, I would give it 9, but Im forced to give it 10 because of these reasons.
  92. Jul 3, 2013
    Company of Heroes2 is a worthy successor to the first game.

don't be foolled by the negative reviews (0/10) because "the Russians are evil" they are just not objective. if you are looking for intense multiplayer matches with destructible terrain, coversystem, flanking, true sight system, commander abilities and ways to customize your play style THIS is where its at. if you prefer to
    Company of Heroes2 is a worthy successor to the first game.

if you are looking for intense multiplayer matches with destructible terrain, coversystem, flanking, true sight system, commander abilities and ways to customize your play style THIS is where its at. if you prefer to decide the battles with few but good orders instead of "out-clicking" your opponent play company of heroes 2.

the only thing this game needs to get the (10/10) is a better singleplayer campaign, but since the "theater of war" mode is filling this gap over the next years, providing challenges and missions from german side this might very well happen over time.

coop missions and challenges exist, but only a few so far. (at release)

at the very least the singleplayer teaches you what you need to know to join the multiplayer fun.
    if you dont invest a little time to learn the basics about the countersystem prepare to lose a lot.
  93. Jun 26, 2013
    I have been playing Company of Heroes since 2005 when the COH alpha went live. I love RTS games. I also love the WWII setting. Relic has managed to make an incredible dynamic, fun, interesting game that really tells a different story every time you play. If you like a great looking game, that is fun and different to play give this game a shot! The Campaign is fun and tells a good story,I have been playing Company of Heroes since 2005 when the COH alpha went live. I love RTS games. I also love the WWII setting. Relic has managed to make an incredible dynamic, fun, interesting game that really tells a different story every time you play. If you like a great looking game, that is fun and different to play give this game a shot! The Campaign is fun and tells a good story, Theater of War features coop and fun scenarios and challenges for players. The multiplayer my personal favorite is a blast as well. This game is a great deal of fun and we can look forward to a long system of content and support from one of the best dev teams around! Expand
  94. Jun 25, 2013
    A solid entry in the CoH series if not that big of a leap forward.

A solid entry in the CoH series if not that big of a leap forward.

As a beta tester I can attest that many of the new mechanics that the game brings to the table take a while to understand, which is probably why there are so many negative early impressions. While the Germans play similarly to factions in CoH1, the Soviets have a very unique style that takes a while to master. Until you become familiar with their tactics, Germans will seem to have the upper hand.

Winter is a unique element that brings a lot of change with it. Do you rush an attack before the storm hits or do you bunker down and wait it out? Better yet, what if you prepare your troops for the storm with transports and fire and attack while your enemy is unaware? Knowing how to make use of storms is often the difference between victory and defeat.

Also, for anyone complaining about day one dlc; take a look at what it actually is first. Most of the offered items are cosmetic skins for your vehicles. Throughout the course of the game you unlock skins anyways and most of the paid ones are not going to look that unique. As for the commander DLC, they all appear to variations on commanders already in the game so even if you are missing them, it’s not going to impact the game much.
  95. Jun 25, 2013
    I got the original COH and played it a little bit, but not extensively, so I don't know COH very well. So going into COH 2, it's pretty much a new game to me.
    I have to say, it was difficult to get into at first, but now that I've figured out the mechanics, I really love this game. I don't have hours to play a single game, so Theater of War is perfect for me. Can get in, play a 30-40 min game, and get out.
    Excellent game, and I'm very happy with the purchase!
  96. Jun 25, 2013
    Great games overall. Even though it isn't as wowing as when the first company of heroes came out, it still got a huge improvement on graphics and it is a great game. The campaign is still as good as the first one, long and emotional.
  97. Jun 25, 2013
    To sum it all up, it's a great sequel. It amazed me how critical some of the reviews of this game were. Still, this is an honest 9 to honor a solid production.

Company of Heroes, the original, is still hailed as one of the best RTS's of all time. CoH 2 uses an enhanced version of it's engine, that adds some really nice gameplay features. At the same time, it maintains the original feel of that CoH 1 had. The grudging pushes to extend your frontline, the explosive sound, the chaotic dialogues, the tactical squad based combat... yep it's all still here.

I see a lot of players complaining about performance of this game, when compared to other shiny titles. Honestly, this is not your every day shiny title. The map is fully 3D and can be rotated to any angle. Almost all pixels, from the ones that make up dirt and pavement, to the ones that make up monstrous buildings, are dynamic, and can be destroyed or altered. The physics and combat feel realer than any strategy title before this. Even the original CoH took flak for being unable to run on high settings on most machines. Being a supercharged version of the same engine what did you expect?

The theatre of war is a great addition, and adds a nice way to take a break from competitive multiplayer. Small army perks can be gained through levels and combat, which adds incentive to play, while being small enough to not break the balance (which is well done now that the beta is over).

The new commander system is less taxing on your actions during gameplay. Fog of war, & vaulting are both improvements. The maps are beautiful and are incredibly interactive. Not to mention, campaign progress is stored on the cloud now!

I'm impressed. A job well done. Good rescue Sega.
  98. Jun 30, 2013
    I really enjoy this game. I played the first CoH and I think CoH2 is very similar just everything is more balanced and more enhanced. I like this RTS because i am not a crazy fast 120 clicks per minute type of person and I still have to time use all my abilities and strategy. It is really about reading your opponents styles and countering them with the men you have. This is my favorite RTS.
  99. Jul 7, 2013
    Only RTS game in this year that can shake this is Rome 2. But, I guess, Tom Chick Mr "professional" reviewer (aka Quarter to Three) will be there to spit yet another ultra-low score to yet another great game. 20 to Halo/Civ5, 60 to The Last of Us,... Being professional troll like this, but making amateur mistake of not making his Steam profile private, where you can easily see that heOnly RTS game in this year that can shake this is Rome 2. But, I guess, Tom Chick Mr "professional" reviewer (aka Quarter to Three) will be there to spit yet another ultra-low score to yet another great game. 20 to Halo/Civ5, 60 to The Last of Us,... Being professional troll like this, but making amateur mistake of not making his Steam profile private, where you can easily see that he hasnt a single minute of CoH2 played. But that doesnt bother him while he writes his review, it seems. And another low score of 40... Im used to see from a reviewer to take in consideration all game elements while scoring the game graphics, sound, gameplay, modes,... IS this game so broken half-product like Aliens Colonial Marines, or SimCity? Is it so bad like that miscreant Duke Nukem Forever? Dont bet on that. Its really ridiculous that some people still taking Metacritics for serious. When you see something like this from someone who has a privilege to write pro reviews what to expect from users... I saw some veteran members from CoH community writing their reviews. But for every one of them there are five trolls, with at least 2 accounts down-woting positive reviews, and submiting their zeros with nothing less than hilarious reasons. Its bad because it have campaign? Gameplay is a copy of Man of War!? Theres no annihilation mode!!? Did you tried to change victory conditions in options? Shame that Metacritics doesnt include IQ testing before someone can submit a review. Expand
  100. Jun 25, 2013
    Played 17 hours of multiplayer Beta and one mission of single player it is the most amazing and intense RTS I have played. This game requires you to think about what your building and makes you look after your units. I did play CoH 1 and the game adds to one of the best RTS's around it's not an evolution but more of a refinement of a great game making it better.
    The have improved on
    The have improved on the graphics by having destructible environments, dynamic weather effects where it reduces your sight when snowing and your troops can freeze to death if caught in the blizzards.
    Each map has a snowy counterpart when it snowes lakes freeze over but the ice can be blown up which you have to be mindful of if crossing over Superb game and I recommend to buy it especially if you like playing online.

1. Oct 7, 2013