Company of Heroes 2 PC

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 24, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 17, 2017
    Well, it started 4 years ago, when russian vlogger named Eugeny "Badcomedian" Bazhenov made a video where he told about his butthurt about CoH2 storyline. Many of his viewers decided to start a campaign against this game, which caused tons of negative user scores that you can see now here. Soon COH2 was banned in Russia because of "nazi propaganda" and "soviet soldiers shaming".
    Of course
    Of course the storyline sucks. There are many historical mistakes and exaggerations in it. But the game itself is not as bad as you may think while looking at user score. That's why I'd like to redeem myself after being an a***ole and voting 0 many years ago because one commie told me so.
    Also, most of the negative scores here are fake and made without even playing the game but after watching Badcomedian's (or some other russian bloggers fond of USSR) videos. May be about 4 thousand (out of 4425 at the moment) or more, idk. But I do know that they can't be trusted.
    I ranked COH2 9/10 now because of the huge amount of fake scores to equalize it, but remember about failed storyline. Hope you'll see this someday and thank me for revealing the mystery of low score. Play this game and don't look at Russians whining. Seee ya.
  2. Jun 9, 2017
    Company of Heroes 2 is a complex and widely debated RTS strategy game many neo-Nazis dislike it because it doesn't feature a German campaign others hate it because it doesn't glorify the red army and instead tells about brutal war and cruelty that was in-fact committed by the red army in WW2. Those who hate the game can't understand history. Many people think the game is CommunistCompany of Heroes 2 is a complex and widely debated RTS strategy game many neo-Nazis dislike it because it doesn't feature a German campaign others hate it because it doesn't glorify the red army and instead tells about brutal war and cruelty that was in-fact committed by the red army in WW2. Those who hate the game can't understand history. Many people think the game is Communist propaganda but it does not shed light on the Soviet actions during WW2 it does however do a good job on putting you in command of the Soviet Army in it's battle with Germany on the eastern front from Stalingrad all the way to Berlin and it's expansion packs. Many also straight out hate the game because it is made by Sega and Sega is not a very popular developer because of how much DLC packs that released for the game along with it's original price tag being overpriced, Sure some situations are more hollywood but it is still a brutal depiction of a violent real war that people can't accept happened in the way it did. The game neither glorifies the Soviets or demonizes the Nazis. CO2 is a good RTS but it was mixed into the wrong crowd. I rate 8because it demands alot from your computer in order to run effectively. Voice acting is a plus and gameplay is your average RTS with a bit more strategy and encouragement. I guess I can be considered a bad person for actually rooting for the Soviets in their conquest of their land but soon turning to pure horror as they take the fight to their enemies land's brutally murdering anyone who doesn't comply with them or tries to flee the battlefield. The Soviet Army as much harm as they did were still a brave and fierce fighting force that defeated Hitler with help from Western allies. I shouldn't get to historical about this but if it was made by a beloved company such as Valve then it wouldn't nearly have received as much hate. The game is misunderstood and throw in the highly disliked symbol of communism and sell it off and you are bound to receive a backlash. I enjoyed playing the game and it's story no matter how controversial it may be. Expand
  3. May 28, 2017
    Western/Nazi war propaganda, shame on SEGA for publishing Pro-Nazi games, and Relic burn in hell.
    Dont support Nazi Media, this is ubsolute disgusting. The USSR killed 80% of the Wehrmacht and 40% of Japanese forces, USSR loses were 1.3 to 1 in the military casualties of the eastern front, 20 Million Russian/Soviet civilians were killed by the Nazis.
  4. May 10, 2017
    I were worried about rating of this game since 2013. Played it since than about 500 hours and got to say something about balance: it is a huge lobby in coh 2 forum and youtube chanels. They play some faction and little by little change balance to weak others by posts and discussions. Hopefully modemakers helps them (they just trying to hear players). So some faction players enjoy theirI were worried about rating of this game since 2013. Played it since than about 500 hours and got to say something about balance: it is a huge lobby in coh 2 forum and youtube chanels. They play some faction and little by little change balance to weak others by posts and discussions. Hopefully modemakers helps them (they just trying to hear players). So some faction players enjoy their factions now. Some other factions players try to hold their ground with wrecked gear. That is unfair. Especually for the factions of wow II winners. Expand
  5. Jan 14, 2017
    This game not better than Company of Heroes - Eastern Front Mod. That's the biggest problem. Because of this people aren't giving high score to this game. Nothing new expect graphics. :P
  6. Dec 24, 2016
    Stupid Campain + poor optimization. Dont buy this garbage. Stupid Campain + poor optimization. Dont buy this garbage. Stupid Campain + poor optimization. Dont buy this garbage
  7. Dec 13, 2016
    One word, HORRIBLE. Bought it when it first came out and so far all of it's expansions. The player base is small and games are hosted by idiot host and consist of even more stupid players. Host will start a game and drop out when they realize they won't win. players will do the same thing instead of SURRENDERING at least get some kind of reward out of playing. nope..... I hate this game,One word, HORRIBLE. Bought it when it first came out and so far all of it's expansions. The player base is small and games are hosted by idiot host and consist of even more stupid players. Host will start a game and drop out when they realize they won't win. players will do the same thing instead of SURRENDERING at least get some kind of reward out of playing. nope..... I hate this game, they could of done so much more but failed to meet my expectations. If it were on sale for $20 when it first came out that would be a fair price. Expand
  8. Nov 12, 2016
    Ive played most of the big RTS games, and played them for 1000's of hours. Company of heroes 2 might be the best RTS game ever. I really don't understand the negative reviews, when the critics and users disagree so greatly just buy the game, test it for 1.5 hrs and refund if you don't like.

Don't miss this game becoz of some peeved poor 15 year olds who can't afford DLC, or pirated the game and therefore miss out on it by default.
    I honestly think that's where alot of the gripe is, oh and not being able to learn tactical RTS without rage quit.
  9. Nov 3, 2016
    Decent after 4 years of patching, DLC destroys the game and imbalance still present.
    Multiplayer crashes and drops still affect the game like coh1. The automatch system still problematic.
    Never played much of the campaign, although interesting
  10. Oct 29, 2016
    Single player campaign is good, it's not as good as the original game. it's done in the same vein. The multiplayer is where this game really shines - particularly co-op for me personally. With the warspoils updates it's finally got a fair system for getting loot like commanders and skins. Pick this up cheap and get thousands of hours worth of play.
  11. Sep 8, 2016
    Campaign is great, but SEGA's DLC policy RUINED this game in multiplayer mode. Typical Pay2Win... I paid for this game once and I demand fair multiplayer gameplay.
    I bought this game and what i got? 40-50% of the finally product.
  12. Aug 22, 2016
    It is always more interesting to show something from an uncommon view. We know the WW2 from the USA view, because of their propaganda, so I am always looking forward for new content. Unfortunately they show in the core 1 thing: bad Russians. If you know the real history and who made by far the most losses in the WW2 it becomes a shame. With this background it was not easy for me to getIt is always more interesting to show something from an uncommon view. We know the WW2 from the USA view, because of their propaganda, so I am always looking forward for new content. Unfortunately they show in the core 1 thing: bad Russians. If you know the real history and who made by far the most losses in the WW2 it becomes a shame. With this background it was not easy for me to get into the story and dialogs. The Gameplay was better in CoH 1, although it wasnt perfect in my view. But CoH 2 has more weaknesses. Expand
  13. Aug 7, 2016
    Company of Heroes 2 is a decent enough game mired by controversial DLC and design choices. COH2 shifts the battle to the eastern front. The campaign itself is alright but never really reaches the same level that the campaign in the original COH achieved. The most notable addition to the mechanics is the weather. This would be an intriguing mechanic if it weren't so damned annoying. WhileCompany of Heroes 2 is a decent enough game mired by controversial DLC and design choices. COH2 shifts the battle to the eastern front. The campaign itself is alright but never really reaches the same level that the campaign in the original COH achieved. The most notable addition to the mechanics is the weather. This would be an intriguing mechanic if it weren't so damned annoying. While the mechanic itself makes sense in the context of the eastern front it ultimately makes matches on winter maps too micromanagement focused. Recent patches and new maps have alleviated this problem some what. Its rewarding to play as the new soviet units. Famous tanks like IS-2's and T-34's make their debut. The biggest issue I have with COH2 and SEGA in general as of late is their DLC faction whoring. COH2 has had several pieces of DLC. They released three standalone multiplayer factions.

The issue I have with this is that the US forces cost $10 and then they released Ardennes Assault which was $30 if I am not mistaken. We are getting content sold to us piecemeal as opposed to past expansions which offered a full campaign in addition to factions.

The OKW also released which are still incredibly OP and broken. If you are playing US its damned near impossible to win against the OKW. The US lack any significant means to counter the game breaking King Tiger. In the past COH you had access to a M26 Pershing. But if you want that here? Pay SEGA and Relic to get that. Hell even two Jackson TD's can't destroy a King Tiger. You will want to beat your head against a wall by how frustrating the RNG can be. Units you expect to counter others can either be ineffective or completely useless. The game still suffers from pathing issues. It can be incredibly frustrating to direct your tank in one direction only to have it go the opposite or turn and expose its flank to enemy tank or AT guns.

That is to say nothing of AI matches. You can control two fuel points and yet the enemy AI playing OKW somehow manages to get a king tiger on the field which can break the late game imo.

If you want to play a better balanced game play COH 1 with the Blitzkrieg mod or even the Eastern Front mod for COH 1 is better balanced.
  14. Jul 24, 2016
    No idea how they managed to screw things up so badly, after COH1 being such a great game. I dont really care about single player although it was miles better in first comapany of heroes and even tho the balance was never a realic's strong suit I still preferred the first game in multiplayer. COH2 falls flat on its face with so many microtransactions built in, the best example are theNo idea how they managed to screw things up so badly, after COH1 being such a great game. I dont really care about single player although it was miles better in first comapany of heroes and even tho the balance was never a realic's strong suit I still preferred the first game in multiplayer. COH2 falls flat on its face with so many microtransactions built in, the best example are the commanders, in COH1 theyre were great, all were unlocked and they felt really distinct, all were usable and it was easier to balance them in COH2 you dont have a tree you can choose the abilities from but just a linear progression of either useless or overpowered units/abilities... I feel like the units paths are considerably worse than in COH1 and I never thought I would say such a thing. The whole snow mechanic is debatable imo it doesnt add anything to game game its more of an annoyance than anything. All in all really disappointed on how this one turned out. Expand
  15. Jun 30, 2016
    I have waited 4 years before writing my replay, because I knew there would be DLCs and stuff that change the game performance. After having played the game for around 1 year initially, I made a big pause, going back to CoH 1, because CoH 2 simply sucked. The story is terrible and historically so incorrect, that it really hurt my eyes to play even the first few levels. But CoH is more thanI have waited 4 years before writing my replay, because I knew there would be DLCs and stuff that change the game performance. After having played the game for around 1 year initially, I made a big pause, going back to CoH 1, because CoH 2 simply sucked. The story is terrible and historically so incorrect, that it really hurt my eyes to play even the first few levels. But CoH is more than just its story, and since I am a German I never really was a huge fan of it anyways... In CoH 1, the voiceworks, music and environmental artwork was fascinating, also the overall gameplay worked quite great - Axis units were more expensive, smaller but also more reliable and more flexible than their Allied counterpars. Now, in CoH 2, (at its current state 2016, not initially) the Allied units are better in simply any way. Even he cheapest russian unit (and I'm not talking about combat units, but Engineers) can hold against German core-infantry, until the actual russian infantry comes to their aid and annihilates the remaining Germans with sheer overpoweredness. If it does not get annihilated by the russian mortars before, wich also have the nasty habit of being 2 - 3 times as effective as the German ones, not only in damage, but accuracy and health as well. The same goes not only for the Sovjets of course, but for any Allied faction the DLCs added; their units are bigger, more reliable and have better combat skills. While one might argue, that this makes historically more sense and that it is rebalanced by the costs of the different units, the actual gmeplay impact is, that German units are far more often overrun and killed off entirely, simply because as a Wehrmacht-player you have to watch all of them at the same time, to ensure that they are not killed within seconds. Most Allied units perform a lot better on their own, receive veterancy a lot faster and, when they reach the maximum vet, simply become unstoppable. How does it come, that a German troop weapon, like a mortar, performs twice as good in the hands of Americans, who only just came out of their barracks?

Of course the game has some positive aspects, like a huge variety of skins and different commanders and aslo a nice cover system that works quite good. But afterall, it is a horribly designed, money-sucking and frustrating pice of Pay2Win sht, and Relic (or Sega) wants it to be exactly like that. Also, the community is one of the worst you can find. I knew that there are really a lot of stupid people out there, but this.... happening to a game that I really would have liked to like.... A real shame.

And the game is getting worse with every patch and every released DLC. Every time they buff a German unit, they buff twice as many allied units as well. Also it is absolutely common and accepted by the community, that newly released stuff is shockingly overperforming, so that every nooby sucker (of which there is a lot in this game) will buy te DLC at once, hoping for a cheap and flawless victory.
  16. Jun 10, 2016
    One of the best RTS. I can`t imagine why this game has such low user score. Russians can`t look into the eyes of historical facts. In this game interesting story, nice graphics. I recommend this game.
  17. Apr 22, 2016
    This game is so bad. Relic totally tried to rip everyone off, believe the low REAL ranking. I loved COH 1. This is just crap. I don't think I would ever buy any Relic game again because of what they did here.
  18. Apr 11, 2016
    This game has 2 major aspects:
    1. Gameplay: Nothing to write home about, the first one was quite a bit better.
    2 Propaganda: This one is way better in portraying the Eastern front as a battle between the devil and the deep sea. Regrettable from Relic.
  19. Apr 4, 2016
    I must say that I'm surprised at all the 10 star reviews.

Company of Heroes 2 is a solid game 3 years later. It is NOT the best game. It is NOT the worst. It plays a lot like Dawn of War (The originals, before they decided to take out base building. (WHY). I'm not going to write a full review, but the game doesn't say much about Russians, it doesn't hate Russians, it doesn't favor
    I must say that I'm surprised at all the 10 star reviews.

I'm not going to write a full review, but the game doesn't say much about Russians, it doesn't hate Russians, it doesn't favor Americans or Germans'. (At least the English Version, though I can't imagine they changed it that much in other languages.).

My complaint is that the vehicles they give you originally are just kinda the base ones. No Hetzer's, no heavies, not even a bloody KV1, let alone a KV2.
    Mods change all that. I refuse to say "This is RELIC'S IDEA!!! :DD" No. It wasn't, Relic allowed workshop in, workshop did good work for the game. The relic unit comps are far superior then the actual unit comps you get from base game.
    I think people were overly hyped because it's a relic game, relic makes good games, like DOW I. But DOW II was a bit of a dissapointment, and yet it gets supremely good reviews. This is kind of the same thing. Unit comp is so basic that it's dissapointing.
  20. Apr 4, 2016
    Game is pretty well. I`m as Ukrainian support the devs because lots of people who gave such a bad score are just stupid Russian zombies. My grandpa was a WWII veteran and he told me a lot about it. And what i can say, that most of game plot is true! And many od communist scums are trying to hide those facts about "Great Union". It was really a "Jail for Nations"...

And about game: it`s

And about game: it`s qute good, but i haven`t felt the all of game because of dull doctrines.
    I`ve played about 200 h. and still haven`t played on Tiger! Just because i haven`t doctrine with it.
    Also there a LOT of problems with balance. Such as 1-Rank players VS 100-Rank one.
    Or incomprehensible (for me) resource system. I have captured about 65% of battlefield and only can make one poor T-34 while almost dead Nazis SUDDENLY spam me with Panthers and Tigers (and vice-versa with Soviet IS-2, T-34 spam)

It has a lot of abilities for units but unfortunately you can`t use them all. I think it`s a HUGE disadvantage!
    And stupid mods downloading without my consent.

But anyway, i hope relics will make next game better.

Gameplay is good and graphics too
    And it created a lot of butthurt by Communist fools!))
  21. Mar 28, 2016
    Writing this review roughly 3 years after release, with focus on multiplayer gameplay.

With great, interesting gameplay, beautiful graphics, awesome sounds and fairly good balance, a great foundation is there for an awesome rts (rtt) game. Unfortunately, the after release work and maintenance of the game has been utterly atrocious. With focus on adding new (not free) content, bug fixing and optimization has been neglected to a way too high degree. From being playable on quite low end systems, now you need a pc with medium-high end specs to run the game even on lowest graphic settings. And you WILL encounter performance issues, even with high end systems. Not to mention random crashes, and the (still not fixed) obvious memory leaks. 8gb or lower RAM memory? Be prepared to restart the game often.

More frustrating than the ever increasing performance issues are bugs. The game is filled with bugs, forums are swarmed with bug reports that are in most cases completely ignored. Game breaking bugs have generally been fixed, but the time it takes before that happens is huge. If you encounter a game breaking bug, be prepared to stick with it for at least a couple of months. If anything happens at all. Pretty much alll of the minor bugs are left untouched, leading to extremely frustrating gameplay.

It makes me sad to see the poor maintenance of the sequel to such an epic game that Coh 1 was. Obviously moneymilking of the customers, with extremely little being given back that doesn't generate money to Relic/SEGA. It's baffeling. I will never buy a Relic title again, and I will think twice before touching any SEGA stuff at all. I recommend others to do alot of research before doing so as well.

Do NOT buy this game if you want to enjoy a competitive multiplayer RTS scene. If anything, buy it for singleplayer, but that alone is not worth the price.

Sad.
  22. Mar 22, 2016
    Utter crap, dumbed down click fest for children, no real strategy, nothing in this game bears any relation to warfare, it's a second rate Command and conquer offering dressed in fatigues, dog ****
  23. Feb 26, 2016
    First off, I'm writing this review based on the online multiplayer side of COH2. I didn't bother playing the single-player campaign because it's not challenging and I'm not that interested in playing Soviets. So people complaining about the story I can't relate to them. I'm just looking at the online gameplay.

Overall a very interesting tactical RTS game that requires alot of micro

Overall a very interesting tactical RTS game that requires alot of micro managing. The WWII setting is a big plus. No laser robots, monsters or zombies.. You have to be precise and decisive at how to position your troops, how to flank enemies or get in cover etc. Setting up defenses or launching joint assaults with others. It's so fascinating to see actual players working together building lines of defenses or rushing from one end of the map to your rescue. Events that takes place during the battle can be very awe inspiring or... well.. can also be eye-rolling. The banter, the trash talk.... Common in online games.

Another downside is the balancing. You'll be finding the game too easy at one point, then a month later too hard. Then becomes even more easier than before..... And on and on... But it changes the way you play the game to keep things fresh I suppose.

Spent so many hours in this game. Still loving it.
  24. Feb 16, 2016
    Look at all the Negative reviews, 47901068, Nice try Russians, It's too much lol.
    On Steam, there're 17,532 Positive and 4,963 Negative.
    Anyway, It's a really fun game, thank you Relic.
  25. Feb 4, 2016
    Great game about II World War. I love that is based no real facts about this conflict. I know that is hard to accepting by Russian people because they have their own version of history. But this is true about "Order 227" and killing their own soldiers. Russians never liked polish people so they don't help when Warsaw Uprising started. It's sad but this are history facts. They win a war,Great game about II World War. I love that is based no real facts about this conflict. I know that is hard to accepting by Russian people because they have their own version of history. But this is true about "Order 227" and killing their own soldiers. Russians never liked polish people so they don't help when Warsaw Uprising started. It's sad but this are history facts. They win a war, but Stalin was similar to Hitler. It without meaning for him how many people will die. Expand
  26. Feb 3, 2016
    Its a pity that all the crap from the east have defiled this impressive effort. I have done the campaign a few online games i have found it a remarkable game - you can tell a lot of effort t has gone into this. The campaign for CCCp was rich and varied, contained humor and a few challenges, I have played for about 25 years and this was almost on a par with original COH. Having said that iIts a pity that all the crap from the east have defiled this impressive effort. I have done the campaign a few online games i have found it a remarkable game - you can tell a lot of effort t has gone into this. The campaign for CCCp was rich and varied, contained humor and a few challenges, I have played for about 25 years and this was almost on a par with original COH. Having said that i did have to delete "appcache " a few times and exempt it from defender etc to get it to work properly. Expand
  27. Feb 1, 2016
    Ignore all the Russians crying about historical inaccuracy, the game was accurate on most points, but besides that, as an RTS it is fine, not many balancing issues this far on in multiplayer and it is a fun experience. If you liked COH 1, then you will enjoy this also. Worth the money.
  28. Jan 12, 2016
    Re-reviewing this now that I tried it again. Setting a 10 because of the Russians that spammed negative reviews because this game handles the uncomfortable truth for them.

It's definitely an enjoyable game, with many mechanics of the old CoH1. It is rather tactical and you have to know your enemy to be able to win the day. There are a few issues though and they are mostly the

It's definitely an enjoyable game, with many mechanics of the old CoH1.

It is rather tactical and you have to know your enemy to be able to win the day. There are a few issues though and they are mostly the following:

- Some units seem useless, and don't fill any function, or are too expensive to purchase when you can get a similar unit for just a tiny bit more fuel or MP and have a way, way better efficiency.

- Balance is also an issue naturally, as these games can be hard to balance. Examples are Russian tanks seemingly fires their main gun and can kill up to 4 units with one shell, from any tank. While German tanks cannot. Germans (OKW) have garrisonable AT-rocket launchers and they're insane.

- RNG will cause madness sometimes.

- Last and biggest problem. The EXTREMELY expensive commanders that you have to pay for in-game to be able to get. Or you can play hundreds of thousands of games to find some of them. This is the major flaw in CoH2 that relic did. If not for this feature, the game would be so many times more enjoyable. It would be fine if they sold cosmetic things in the store, such as camouflage, victory strikes and all the little things for your player card. As it is now they sell commanders, and yes, those commanders have some of the unique and ICONIC units of the way. Like Sturmtruppen, KV-2, Assault Grenadiers, Partisans, Tiger Ace, Sturmtiger, J├Ąger Light Infantry Recon, FlammPanzer Hetzer and more. There might even be MORE units not available as I got loads of commanders for free because I was a "veteran". If you purchase the game now, I don't know how many unique units you will miss out on, but possibly very many.

Now this is such a shame because behind all that pay for our chopped up game **** there's a really nice and enjoyable game. It would be a lot better if they had you progress through ranks, unlocking these commanders as you went along and then having the possibility of purchasing them if you really wanted them. Obviously this includes not making it impossible to grind through the level in a rather short time of playing 100 hours or so should be enough in my opinion.

It is a really fun game to play with your friends and I would recommend it DESPITE the **** commanders crap.

However, were it not for the **** commander buying, and the Russians complaining here. My real ratings would be:

As it stands now with the commanders being as they are I would rate it:

29. Jan 8, 2016

The OKW also released which are still incredibly OP and broken. If you are playing US its damned near impossible to win against the OKW. The US lack any significant means to counter the game breaking King Tiger. In the past COH you had access to a M26 Pershing. But if you want that here? Pay SEGA and Relic to get that. Hell even two Jackson TD's can't destroy a King Tiger. If you want to play a better balanced game play COH 1 with the Blitzkrieg mod or hell even the Eastern Front mod for COH 1 is better balanced.
  30. Dec 26, 2015
    By the time you get use to the recent patch changes Relic changes it up again.

By the time you get use to the recent patch changes Relic changes it up again.

One of the worst player bases I've ever played with. Loose a match and they cry OP and beg relic to nerf the Allied factions while buffing the Axis in which they usually do. No one knows how to play this game, stay away unless you plan on joining friends. Just go on the discussion page and see how pathetic these people are. For the game itself, it's.. Eh just stay away from this game. Isn't worth it unless you get it on a good sale. I'll admit this game wasn't bad but the god damn patches every month just keep ruining it because they attempt to balance it while they're just making things worse.

Oh and as a tip, you might as well just do PvP because the AI are smarter than actual players. Not to mention how crazy the AI is now, with a mix of being stupid.

1. Pelit (Finland)