• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 3, 2013
    This game is really not as good as CoH 1, not even close. The number of day 1 DLCs is total joke. I mean WtF??? this game got DLC like it was free to play game, but it is not. AI is also really horrible.
  2. Jul 31, 2013
    Metacritic is BROKEN. I have just seen over 200 user reviews clearly written by the same person.
    I have no doubt that this is the case these hundreds of reviews. All taking about what a terrible war WWII was, how the writers family suffered etc. Many of them contain the exact same spelling mistake. All of them go on about "Russian suffereing" and hardly ever mention the game. Either one person using a bot to create accounts (very VERY simple) and post gazillions of reviews (very VERY simple using UBot 4.1 and some proxies). THis devalues Metacrtic and shows the arrogance of someone who thinks that their opinion in worth that of hundreds of other people and must be artificially aplified to ensure his will pervails. The sort of arrogance and method Stalin might have used if he were alive or Hitler! The game IS crap however. How on earth the magazones give it 8+ is beyond me. It's not a "0" though maybe a 3 but it is a very poor game. Terrible AI, poorly optimized, nerfed in terms of strategy from the original. Not very good at all. Just wish it could have earned this low score naturally rather then having someone so obviously force the issue with voting bots.
  3. Sep 24, 2013
    Yet another trash "game" that is nothing but a stripped down demo, waiting to be "enhanced" by an endless parade of DLC. Another franchise ruined by horrible business practices. Playing this game in full will cost in the hundreds, and even then, it is a shadow of the original (totally complete and awesome) Company of Heroes. This game is great if you enjoy helping to fund a greedy gameYet another trash "game" that is nothing but a stripped down demo, waiting to be "enhanced" by an endless parade of DLC. Another franchise ruined by horrible business practices. Playing this game in full will cost in the hundreds, and even then, it is a shadow of the original (totally complete and awesome) Company of Heroes. This game is great if you enjoy helping to fund a greedy game executive's third summer home. Expand
  4. Jan 11, 2014
    As a fan of the first CoH, I naturally got CoH 2 in the Boxing Day sales, however the game is unplayable! After the first cutscene the game runs with unplayable frames, dwindling around 25. Considering the graphics have barely changed since CoH 1, this is outrageous. I am sure it's not my Pc, as my specs are better than needed to play the game fine, at least at 80-100 fps on medium. ThisAs a fan of the first CoH, I naturally got CoH 2 in the Boxing Day sales, however the game is unplayable! After the first cutscene the game runs with unplayable frames, dwindling around 25. Considering the graphics have barely changed since CoH 1, this is outrageous. I am sure it's not my Pc, as my specs are better than needed to play the game fine, at least at 80-100 fps on medium. This issue is known, and as soon as I can play the damn thing, I'll give a real review of it, however avoid this game at all costs, at least until a patch comes out. Expand
  5. Jul 9, 2013
    What happened during the development? Did the developers get lazy and decide to just take the original game and change the characters? Don't turn into the strategy version of CoD. This game had so much potential, but they screwed it up, but they went "Hey here is your game, this is so good... HAHA suckers! We got your money now!"
  6. Oct 9, 2013
    If a game claims to be based on historical events, it must actually be based on historical events, or at least attempt to do so. I cannot say with any certainly at all that the makers of this game genuinely thought they were giving it a historical background. Any merit the game-play has is completely obscured by the obvious and blatant twisting of history. I have nearly no personalIf a game claims to be based on historical events, it must actually be based on historical events, or at least attempt to do so. I cannot say with any certainly at all that the makers of this game genuinely thought they were giving it a historical background. Any merit the game-play has is completely obscured by the obvious and blatant twisting of history. I have nearly no personal connection with the USSR, but anyone with a minimal grasp of history can see right through this game's lies. Expand
  7. Oct 11, 2013
    A complete travesty this game is. I really enjoyed the first CoH games. When I finally got CoH2 I was expecting it to be a beautiful RTS based on WW2. Instead all I got was the same CoH graphics, only buggier, jagged, and far laggier. The game was pretty much the same. No, it was a step back! The campaign is absolute garbage. I also picked up on the slight racism towards the Russians andA complete travesty this game is. I really enjoyed the first CoH games. When I finally got CoH2 I was expecting it to be a beautiful RTS based on WW2. Instead all I got was the same CoH graphics, only buggier, jagged, and far laggier. The game was pretty much the same. No, it was a step back! The campaign is absolute garbage. I also picked up on the slight racism towards the Russians and glorifying the Germans. As a Russian I felt a bit annoyed.
    Multiplayer is slighty better quality, but the lack of a lobby pits you with random players, most of which lag severely or drop out in the first 5 minutes of the game.

What an awful game. Get the first Company of Heroes games over this POS.
  8. Jul 4, 2013
    terrible performance issues same graphics as the old game absolutly nuthing has changed here i cant believe this scam they really are juts cashing in on the name no effort was made when making this game and it shows steer clear.
  9. Jun 25, 2013
    Very disapointing, uses the same graphics engine, the graphics look very similar but it brings my 3770K and 680GTX to a halt. IT has very few improvements over the first game. This just screams cash in to me, Stick with the oringal CoH its much superior
  10. Jul 28, 2013
    This is very bad game. Huge disappointment for me. Company of Heroes 1 was the best strategy game i ever played. This one is so bad that my head wants to explode. Nothing more to say. Don't buy this, save money for something that is worth playing for 15 or 30 hours. I want my money back.
  11. Nov 16, 2014
    after i have played COH and its expansions for 5 years, i expected better game than this
    everything is too samey and actually the game is worse than COH becuz its high spec requirement and dipping fps. the graphic is not great even though it used all resources on my gaming laptop
    dev took vacation for 5 years and suddenly run short of cash so they decided to make sequel with a little improved graphics? i think this should stop from gaming industry. dev loses passion, they take long break from beloved franchise then they got back into developing new games with little idea and ambition
    the result of it has clearly shown in this game and total war rome2 (another disappointed title in this year)
    like hard shelled breads in cabinet for 2 years, this game feels like stale stuff and nuisance to get rid of quickly
  12. Jun 30, 2013
    Even worse than company of heroes 1 Game is the same except instead of usa you have russia.
    Gameplay is still horrible Group of infantry running casually infront of MG nests and not dieing Then they just sprint away Im giving this 1 point of out of pity 50 far too much for this game Should be 5
  13. Sep 16, 2013
    Don't even think about buying this, let me save you the money and time that I unfortunately wasted on this horrendous game. I honestly think you would do better with CoH 1, which to my eyes is a far superior game.
  14. Jul 27, 2013
    I honestly don't know what there is to say about this game. There really isn't much to say. It's mediocre. The campaign is boring and feels extremely detached. Campaign missions have no real story depth, poorly designed, and fails to create an sense of the epic scale of the Eastern Front. Where did the epic tank battles go? When did the intense fighting for Berlin go? No interestingI honestly don't know what there is to say about this game. There really isn't much to say. It's mediocre. The campaign is boring and feels extremely detached. Campaign missions have no real story depth, poorly designed, and fails to create an sense of the epic scale of the Eastern Front. Where did the epic tank battles go? When did the intense fighting for Berlin go? No interesting characters. Mediocre.

Gameplay is essentially the same as the previous installment, just with the interesting gameplay elements and units removed and replaced by the same unit that comes in different variations. Commander abilities are also uninteresting. Some units are blatantly better than others.

Sound and audio are essentially the same as the previous game. Around the same quality. Dialogue seems awkward and boring.

Mediocre.
  15. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH. Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH 8 years ago. The exact same thing with slightly new skins and voices. Well whatever I just hope people read this and save their money. Trust me when I tell you it's not worth it.
  16. Jul 3, 2013
    This is a joke. 7 years later we get this? I am referring not only to the amount of content (which is pitiful AND they are selling DLCs starting day one) but also to the scope of innovations (which is functioning in REVERSE). Gameplay wise this a dumbed down version of original coh that manages to run like on high-end gaming PCs. End of the story.
  17. Jul 23, 2013
    Sorry this game is a complete disappointment. I've played Company of Heroes 1 and it is one of my favourite games of all time. Now this one plays like it is written by a completely different programmer team. The story is awful, gameplay is dumbed down. Waste of time and money!
  18. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is a DO NOT BUY. Shallow content. CoH1 was far superior. Few maps, few units. Its as if they took our beloved original and consolized it. Performs poorly, maps are very uninspired and boring. Like city maps, sorry. This is a cash grab game and people that really know the first one will be sickened by this attempt.

I knew it was beyond suspect playing through the beta and not

I knew it was beyond suspect playing through the beta and not enjoying it. They simply took the old game and swiss cheesed it, removed sweet features and content. The only positive thing I can mention is the variable weather but even that leaves a bit to be desired. Its more like snow blizzards that come in cycles.

Beware of fake reviews. After reading most of the reviews, most of the highly rated ones are blatantly bogus.
  19. Sep 6, 2013
    Played this for around 8 days now and purchased it off Steam the other day so paid full price because I thought it would be worth it. I was extremely sad to realise the lack of effort and innovation they have put into this game. I thought after all this time they could have made it a lot better and all it is pretty much is COH 1 remastered with newer textures and graphics. Complete wastePlayed this for around 8 days now and purchased it off Steam the other day so paid full price because I thought it would be worth it. I was extremely sad to realise the lack of effort and innovation they have put into this game. I thought after all this time they could have made it a lot better and all it is pretty much is COH 1 remastered with newer textures and graphics. Complete waste of money, absolute joke. Expand
  20. Jul 10, 2013
    just buy COH1 its better than this game poorly optimized rubbish and i don't know were these developers get of charging £40 for a pc games what a rip off joke avoided it at all cost but maybe buy it in a sale when its about £25 do yourself a favor.
  21. Jul 30, 2013
    Why is the game called Company of Heroes? It should be called Company of Cowards, Traitors and Idiots. What idiot wrote the script?

Anybody. Buy a brain for this invalid.
  22. Sep 7, 2013
    What is this? What has relic done with company of heroes?

First of all, the graphics are sh*t even if everything is maxed out, and the voice acting is sh*t and the story line is SO far off it's offensive! The weather system is f*ckin dumb and over hyped. The gameplay feels cheap. Overall this game is sh*t. Play CoH1 instead, at least its not overpriced.
  23. Feb 19, 2014
    In short : Not worth playing.

Won't trust the Metacritic? Just check the Steam reviews, you can see some reviewers have invested 300+ hours to the game and still, they give negative reviews. The only good thing is the true sight mechanic. But then, it's not a really a strong leap in gaming. Warland EE and Warland Airland is a better game with realism in mind. The others? Bad.
    In short : Not worth playing.

The others? Bad.
    Pathfinding sucks. This alone should stop you to buy this game.
    Not to mention having to purchase tons of DLC to play a "commander". Some games still have the decency to not sell important things in DLC, but Relic thought that it would be great to sell out important things. Some game decently only sells skins or things to display, but Relic choose to be hated by selling out important things.

Congratulations to Relic for killing Company of Heroes.
  24. Sep 30, 2014
    Wow! The cold war is far from over I see. The cardinal sins here re the terrible story that might only satisfy the brain dead who readily subscribe to propaganda and the lack of optimisation causing the game to stutter, besides it being more of the same old same old. There used to be a game "Soldiers" back in the day... used to be pretty decent, then they released "Soldiers 2" which wasWow! The cold war is far from over I see. The cardinal sins here re the terrible story that might only satisfy the brain dead who readily subscribe to propaganda and the lack of optimisation causing the game to stutter, besides it being more of the same old same old. There used to be a game "Soldiers" back in the day... used to be pretty decent, then they released "Soldiers 2" which was pure terrible wrapped in crap, at the same time the first COH appeared, which was in the same WWII niche doing everything better than "Soldiers 2", actually looking a lot better and running on any PC configuration I had flawlessly as opposed to the aforementioned. COH 2 is lucky there's no other company delivering a similar product. Expand
  25. Sep 5, 2013
    on of the worst optimized games of all time with bad graphics and battles i think this game is one of the worst games i have ever played do not buy this game
  26. Sep 7, 2014
    [RUS] Эта игра х*йня. И вы спросите , а чем тебе не понравилось а? А то ,что SEGA Историю России за 9 класс точно не учила. Там нет ничего связанного с годам Великой Отечественной войны. Прежде чем делать историческую игру , хоть выучите историю. В Call of Duty 1 и 2 частях , пересказывались события Великой Отечественной войны, но они хоть немного постарались. А вы чего сделали, мусор[RUS] Эта игра х*йня. И вы спросите , а чем тебе не понравилось а? А то ,что SEGA Историю России за 9 класс точно не учила. Там нет ничего связанного с годам Великой Отечественной войны. Прежде чем делать историческую игру , хоть выучите историю. В Call of Duty 1 и 2 частях , пересказывались события Великой Отечественной войны, но они хоть немного постарались. А вы чего сделали, мусор какой то.
    [ENG]This game is f*ck. And you ask , what didn't you like? And the fact that SEGA the History of Russia for the 9th grade just not taught. There's nothing related to the great Patriotic war. Before doing historical game , at least learn the history. Call of Duty 1 and 2 parts , retold the events of the great Patriotic war, but they tried. And what you did waste some
  27. Jul 29, 2013
    Actually I dissapointed in this game. It has many good old stereotypes about "evil russian orcs from Deep Mordor" but why I cannot eat kids and rape womens (or vice versa) to complete campaign? Where is my 80 millions raped german civilians and my big choppa to kill them thereafter?
    Relics, if you are making games about bloodlust, chaotic and stomping orcs use all the folklore and give us more blood for behalf of the Blood God.
  28. Aug 13, 2013
    Relic should have read a history book before making this game, it's shameful the way this game was developed in every aspect, gameplay is broken, a.i. is dead-stupid, no innovation at all, not even a good paint job to make it flashier than the original, nothing, fans get nothing out of this game, it's an utter disappointment, it's that bad, this game is irreparable, hopefully the sequelRelic should have read a history book before making this game, it's shameful the way this game was developed in every aspect, gameplay is broken, a.i. is dead-stupid, no innovation at all, not even a good paint job to make it flashier than the original, nothing, fans get nothing out of this game, it's an utter disappointment, it's that bad, this game is irreparable, hopefully the sequel will fix everything wrong with this one, relic owes it to the fans to make a good COH Expand
  29. Oct 16, 2013
    After 200 hours played, I'm writing this review.
    Day 1 DLC, Pay to win commanders you can only unlock with real money and only work with multiplayer, and one of the most bafflingly bad million-dollar single player campaign I've ever seen in a game, Company of Heroes 2 fails on all fronts when it easily should have soared.
    The amount of reviews that seem to skip the actual gameplay to
    After 200 hours played, I'm writing this review.

The amount of reviews that seem to skip the actual gameplay to focus on "It's a nice game" sicken me and only further prove the rampant decline of gaming journalism.
  30. Oct 3, 2013
    Everything that was good in COH1 or even COHO was revamped and ruined, MP is worst! automatching is horrible, the Single player is one offensive clichés after another (mostly stolen from Enemy at the gates) if Joseph Goebbels made is pc game it would be Coh2.
  31. Oct 30, 2013
    The game is fine but it is not a huge step forward from the last two games. If you look that is almost a 5 years between the last game Opposing fronts". I am a huge fun of Close Combat series, and I enjoy a lot this sort of game but I am not convince that it a good game. It is ok. If you play single battle against AI it is almost impossible to finish it. The campaign is nice and notThe game is fine but it is not a huge step forward from the last two games. If you look that is almost a 5 years between the last game Opposing fronts". I am a huge fun of Close Combat series, and I enjoy a lot this sort of game but I am not convince that it a good game. It is ok. If you play single battle against AI it is almost impossible to finish it. The campaign is nice and not boring. I like it but the rest not at all. Expand
  32. Sep 19, 2013
    All I have to say about this game: This game is a mixed bag. A bag full of shame, microtransactions in a full priced game, vomit and diarrhea. I just can't imagine what relic was thinking when they said "Okay, these improvements are good (no they're not), make it a 50€ game, and add microtransactions". Thanks.

I checked on the game on release day, and after the atrocius beta version I

I checked on the game on release day, and after the atrocius beta version I admit I torrented it down. I knew this game WILL suck balls. Unbalanced, unoptimized and ugly like hell.

Maybe the worst-ever sequel, and worst-ever RTS game, but surely the worst RTS of the 2010s. Even Stalin vs The Martians is better than this.
  33. Oct 27, 2014
    Absolutely weak! Destructoid should never ever be allowed to rate games. The think this was a 100 means there is no room for ever improving. I wonder how much they were paid?
    I have a free copy for anyone who wants it.
  34. Jul 29, 2013
    Russian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet anotherRussian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet another cheesy anti-Russian crap, it's something way worse. What's next, COH3 showing Jews mass murdering innocent nazis in death camps? I'm sure developer's nazi granddads would love that. Expand
  35. Aug 1, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is a good example why so many people install a pirated game first before deciding if the game is worth purchasing. The storyline is complete bull and frankly offensive. Included in this game are exaggerations, intentional historical inaccuracies and anti-Slavic sentiment.

To the makers of this game: swallow and choke on a bag of djcks.
  36. Jul 18, 2013
    There is no multiplayer balancing at all. German's are completely overpowered once they get tanks and anti infantry. Soviets have about 2 mins at the start where they have a slight edge, then it's auto win for germans.

Do not buy this game if you like multiplayer! 75% of the players take german. This gives you an idea of how overpowered they are. I mean the German have anti tank

I mean the German have anti tank missles (not bazookas) that out range a tank. Ridiculous.
  37. Jun 25, 2013
    The performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to playThe performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to play with random players, including laggers, nubs and quitters. In an online match there is always some1 who is kicked or drop in the first 5 minutes of the match, so yeah you end up playing with the cpu or vs the cpu because the amount of people suffering performance issues is huge. There is absolutely nothing better in this sequel. Graphics are almost the same as CoH1. Its a huge waste of money. Probably the guys who did CoH1 no longer work in relic. The game is a huge failure. Also, if you were 1 of those who used to play on maps like gap or scheldt forget about them because you wont see a similar maps on this game. Oh 1 more thing, they also removed the chat rooms. Relic/sega/thq NEVER AGAIN! Expand
  38. Apr 14, 2014
    So here it goes. When I've tried COH i liked it straight away, i have played it everything was great, and every game was diferent, and you could play diferently and uses diferrent tactis, and your oponent would adjust to that, and you would play more because it was enertaining, heart pounding action. While enjoying the sound, video effects, vehicle movements, etc. It was great. Now thenSo here it goes. When I've tried COH i liked it straight away, i have played it everything was great, and every game was diferent, and you could play diferently and uses diferrent tactis, and your oponent would adjust to that, and you would play more because it was enertaining, heart pounding action. While enjoying the sound, video effects, vehicle movements, etc. It was great. Now then again me and probably everyone else was thinking it would be great to play as soviets, and as we found out about COH2 it was a really great news. Now when comparing both games you don't need to be a pro in games, all you need to is to play both games, and then you see how bad COH 2 is. It is just bad game, thats all.

First thing when i installed it on my laptop, I was surprised that it was lagging on lowest settings, (even though i can play original COH on medium-high settings) and it looked disgusting.

Second - interface, who created it I do not know, but i know that the team responsible for it probably never even played RTS before, or are completely incompetent when it comes to design, very very amateur work. so much unecessary stuff is cramped on your screen. Cursor animations are horrible, it would suit for 2000s game or so, but not COH, come on.

Comand trees are gone, you have only one choice between three commanders, and then 5 of their abilities (and they do have similar abilities between them, and at least one is completely passive).

Every game feels the same, you have to be completely aggressive all the time.

Anyways most of the things have been explained by other people. Conclusion, I am not recommending this game. It very average game - kind of like a cheap remake, when a crappy company would copy a great and succesful product. Thats what COH2 is to COH. Do not bother buying it, enjoy COH, like I am. Peace
  39. May 30, 2014
    I don't know what you're all thinking but to me, this sequel is essentially a copy-and-paste work of the first title. Still the same mechanics, except that they somehow managed to turn this game into an insult to the Company of Heroes name. One thing I've seen improved is the graphics and even so, it still doesn't look DECENT to nowadays standard. And it gets even worse, the game is badlyI don't know what you're all thinking but to me, this sequel is essentially a copy-and-paste work of the first title. Still the same mechanics, except that they somehow managed to turn this game into an insult to the Company of Heroes name. One thing I've seen improved is the graphics and even so, it still doesn't look DECENT to nowadays standard. And it gets even worse, the game is badly optimized, it really put my gaming rig to a halt at some scenes. The cutscenes make me feel like I'm watching a 2000s game's cutscene and there's even better made cutscenes out there. I played this game just once, tried a few other modes but then I just uninstalled it with no regret. There're so many things to point out and "yell" at here but then that would be too much for me. Seriously, next time if you developers intend to make another COH game, don't screw it up like this one. The Great Patriotic War is a really rich area and you, in all of your wisdom, blew it. Total disappointment. Expand
  40. Jun 25, 2013
    For the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into thisFor the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into this campaign making it a chore to play through (besides that fact like some other users have pointed out I feel like the campaign is a slight bit racist towards Russians). Thirdly as you might also have guessed almost NOTHING HAS CHANGED seriously this is just ridiculous, basically what they have added is a semi-working version of true sight, weather (snow), Russians. As far as I can tell they haven't done a thing to improve the AI nor have they improved on any of the other hampering game mechanics. Really I don't see where all the work they claim has gone into this project is because as far as I can tell this is a DLC adding the Russians and little else. If your argument is if it works why change it then one they shouldn't make almost the exact same game and sell it as if it's a new release, second company of heroes has a lot of room for improvement so don't try to ruse people into believing the game was perfect. Expand
  41. Nov 29, 2013
    I played the beta, seemed it would turn to be ok, But afther a few months i baught it cheap on steam. And i already regret it. Gameplay does not come near to the first one. In part one you could choose between playing with a lot of micro (pvp) or build a nice defence and play relexed. This last way of relexed playing is not possilbe anymore. Even againts normal cpu i have to micro allI played the beta, seemed it would turn to be ok, But afther a few months i baught it cheap on steam. And i already regret it. Gameplay does not come near to the first one. In part one you could choose between playing with a lot of micro (pvp) or build a nice defence and play relexed. This last way of relexed playing is not possilbe anymore. Even againts normal cpu i have to micro all over the battlefield all the time. I do not always want to play like that. German armor seemed to be made of glas, it takes ages to kill infantery with a normal p4. Im spending more time repairing tanks and heal my inf then im actualy fighting. Its just a bad choice to choose this engine. Perhaps its a nice game for the people who love playing against other people. But i cant play it as a relexed game like i did coh1. Imo crap. I believe the makers dont understand what all the strengts where of the first part. Furthermore they make this game a milking cow with all their dlc's. All these commanders with basicly all the same abilitys but a bit reshuffeled.

The popcap is way to low, you can only have a handfull of units. No way you can leave a defence force at one place because you just cant afford it. You just move to one point to the other, finding out that the opponent just recaps the places you just captured. Boring.

So disappointed. lucky i can still play the first part.
  42. Jan 8, 2014
    The "Mein Kampf" of videogames. Avoid this piece of revisionism. Makes me wonder if Relic are neo-nazi's or just plain ignorant. Maybe both. This game should be banned
  43. Jul 27, 2013
    The game is absolutely a joke. No plot, no likable characters, no gameplay. Only a trolling of fellings of a some group of man. Absolutely bad game.
  44. Sep 20, 2013
    I'm not gonna say it's good.. cause it isn't.

Anyway, there are way too many russians complaining about "anti-soviet" and "anti-russian". First off, anti-soviet would be good. Second of all, it's not anti-russian. It's just that what you think is real history is just what your government tries to teach you, that they were the nicest and best people on earth, it's natural.
    I'm not gonna say it's good.. cause it isn't.

Unfortunately, commissars were often bad people. They sacrificed loads of soldiers. Many russians during the time were uneducated and therefore perhaps not the smartest people on earth, because that's what communism does. It relies on the mass to be uneducated. I don't quite understand however, how they can portray them as coward-ish. Well, some people only went to war when drunk, many in-fact. But they still loyally charged when told to, they had no choice after all. They might have taken some aspects a little too harshly, but overall it's not as "unrealistic" as some people here say. Then again, what they think is right is very unrealistic.

Either way, this game fails to bring in new content and new ideas, the balance is off in some places, and I assure you it is not only the germans that are "unbalanced". I would recommend just going back to company of heroes 1 instead, it's nicer and more innovative.
  45. Jul 3, 2013
    Relic should disappear at that time.
    It is greatly changed for the worse compared with the preceding crop.
    In AI, even being normal becomes strong and the human being who is unused to do RTS will leave this game immediately. Moreover, thanks to the worthless RPG element, the workability increased. It did the user of the preceding crop plainly and RELIC which accepted only the opinion
    Relic should disappear at that time.
    It is greatly changed for the worse compared with the preceding crop.
    Moreover, thanks to the worthless RPG element, the workability increased.
    It did the user of the preceding crop plainly and RELIC which accepted only the opinion of the partial core user destroyed this series.
  46. Jul 26, 2013
    Single player campaign is a spit in the face of millions of soviet soldiers who died in that war.
    On the other hand facists look like good civilized guys who lost purely by bad fortune.
  47. Jul 15, 2013
    Keeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keepKeeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keep firing directly into their own cover. It ruins the gameplay if you ask me. Oh year, in one mission whilst supposedly being backet up by a friendly army group (in the campaign) the AI keeps attacking the commisar stationed at my barracks when deploying conscripts, hitting and destroying my own buildings. Makes me ask myself if they even bothered to test the game. Expand
  48. Jul 1, 2013
    The fact that such a major game release only received an 80 avrg. from the famously pliable gamer press is damning by faint praise enough.

However I also have to say that charging $60 for a glorified expansion pack is an insult and will damage this brand irrevocably in respectability and prestige. This team made a phenomenal game years ago that I played endlessly. Skip forward and its obvious lightening did not strike twice. Everything is either recycled or 'shudder' simplified...

I was wary but pre-purchased this game out of brand loyalty. I have learned my lesson.
  49. Jul 23, 2013
    Writer of Relic, sama real Nazi. The plot of the game a complete lie, nonsense, prana. The story not really a lie. It is better to do these on your Warhammer.
  50. Jul 26, 2013
    Old Gameplay, bad storyline. I think, that this game is producing by Hilter from the Hell. I buy it on the Steam and now i am very angry. I want to take my money back!
  51. Aug 4, 2013
    The game is ABSOLUTELY BAD. Bad graphics, high price, terrible AI. And the story... Bloody hell, It cannot even be called a story! Stupid collection of anti-Russian cliché. I bet no one from Relic has ever been to Russia! Their reading of Russian history is insulting, the game is full of lies. Do not buy COH2.
  52. Aug 6, 2013
    NO NO NO!!! wretched piece of im never going to trust critics again. EVER from now on i'll read user reviews and make sure i dont pick up something so rotten!
  53. Sep 25, 2013
    This is the most overpriced piece of crap ever.

Basically it seems Relic have spent six years adding snow to CoH.

Half the game content is DLC, it is buggy and unfinished really don't waste your money on this tat
  54. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. shame on you Relic..
    I cant Understand Why you try to change the history and how can you make the Soviet Union as a bad guys... are you serious its a propaganda.. not a game.. just shame on you.. pls guys dont buy that game !
    PLS DONT BUY THAT GAME..
    its a lie I will never buy anything you make any more..
    i have all DOW and COH 1...
    shame on you..
  55. Jul 28, 2013
    thank god for decide not to buy this game yet and see how score is going. this game is worth to pirate to see how awful it is. lie. lair. historical inaccurate (and insulting). copy & paste gameplay. scam.
  56. Jul 27, 2013
    1 rifle for 2 russian soldiers (check)
    - russian soldiers shooting down their own retreating squads (check)
    - russian soldiers burning their own homes with civilians inside (check) - russian soldiers killing friendly guerrilla forces (check) - russian soldiers being thrown on machineguns in waves without any cover (check) - russian soldiers being shot by their own for saving high
    1 rifle for 2 russian soldiers (check)
    - russian soldiers shooting down their own retreating squads (check)
    - russian soldiers burning their own homes with civilians inside (check)
    - russian soldiers killing friendly guerrilla forces (check)
    - russian soldiers being shot by their own for saving high ranked officer (checked)
    - russian soldiers complaining about not having a choice. Choice during war? Well, there was atleast one. Like ening up in german gas chamber.

Total absence of logic and rule of stereotypes and cliche about evil red army. Relic depicts us military force that was suicidial in every way possible, unwilling to fight and win despite fighting on the native soil, for their own families. Red army was retreating first 3 years of this war. Retreating and shooting down everyone who was retreating from the frontlines. Right. For 3 years in a row. Then after 3 years, red army commanders understood that despite their best efforts of suiciding they still fail in their mission. So they sighed and decided to go into attack for a change and happened to defeat Germany within next 2 years. Seems totally legit.

"20 millions soviet lives for 1 photo" Ha, ha. Never go full retard relic, never.
  57. Jul 24, 2013
    Orctownorc said it perfectly. And I qoute "To have half the army doctrines also removed as mini-DLCs is an example of the publisher engaging in the worst kind of nickel-and diming, as though this was a free-to play title."
    Sega bought this title when THQ went under and took all the doctrines out and made them DLC to squeeze every last penny out of this game. I paid FULL PRICE for this game and I don't expect to have to PAY TO BE COMPETITIVE in multiplayer with DLC. Sega, you are cheap-ass money-grubbing whores and don't deserve to continue being in business.
  58. Jun 29, 2013
    Invasive drm, ACT control is being used. Also servers lag a lot on every game I play. Worse part is skirmish have to be played ONLINE what a joke, Moreover, this is a $60 game but with so few maps and day 1 dlc, jesus relic. What happened to you guys. Really disappointed with the game.
  59. Aug 30, 2013
    I was so dissapointed, wneh I bought it. Storyline begins in GULAG. Where else? Killing people, that live in MY country, kill people, that FIGHT for my country... For Russia and other CIS countries its abusively.
    DO NOT buy this game, graphics|gameplay|storyline|A.I. is
  60. Jul 24, 2013
    just a horrible single-coil company.Russians eating russians....lol. as one might think that the Poles wanted war with us?And the Russian war not because of fear of the execution of the order.They fought for the idea and the future. While the multiplayer is done perfectly.But in the single just a select cranberries.
  61. Jul 24, 2013
    OMG This is horrible. No one can ruin history THAT much O_O
    This game is offensive, I hope it will be banned for Nazi propaganda.
    Shame to Relic and Sega!
  62. Jul 25, 2013
    "Great campaigh"
    Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans.DON`T buy this game until it hits its true price point at around 1$ (10 symbols)
  63. Sep 25, 2013
    After buying and playing the original and all the Expansions and DLCs I couldn't wait to play CoH 2. Unfortunately its bloody awful. Its all just rush rush rush and the gameplay is frankly irritating and boring. The first game is the best in my opinion and each expansion has taken something away from the game.

CoH 2 isn't bad, its terrible. Maps aren't great, AI is terrible, squad

CoH 2 isn't bad, its terrible. Maps aren't great, AI is terrible, squad control is fiddly and really is a step backwards, voice acting isn't immersive, environment isn't pretty or outstanding in any way.

If you haven't played CoH or Opposing Fronts, buy those. Much much much better games and good value for money now. Wasted my money and won't be playing CoH2 any more.

Very sad that one of my favourite games ever has stopped so low.
  64. Sep 30, 2013
    So I got ticked over the jacked up campaign until Sega showed some tact. Once I did get the game I began playing the mediocre campaign. The main character whines like a wuss. I empathized with his C.O. more. Voice acting is meh and the character models are terrible. Some of the scenes needed more emotion to give a clear meaning to dialogue. Some missions where just lazy or boring and ISo I got ticked over the jacked up campaign until Sega showed some tact. Once I did get the game I began playing the mediocre campaign. The main character whines like a wuss. I empathized with his C.O. more. Voice acting is meh and the character models are terrible. Some of the scenes needed more emotion to give a clear meaning to dialogue. Some missions where just lazy or boring and I lost involvement rather easy. Everything the Russians have feels pathetic while the Germans feel like Ubermensch. The later is fine, but a weak feeling faction is just annoying. Why is the T-34/76 not a tank? I already had a light armor vehicle so it is very redundant. Balance becomes a problem and comp stomping when the internet goes down is not enjoyable in any way. Territory connection can be ridiculous at best during multiplayer. I am not connected to the territory right next to my base because a territory out in bumblecheese is the link? The game has a lot of unused potential and needs much work to be decent. The only thing that feels fun is the Katyusha rocket truck. Katyusha spam on the campaign was entertaining to say the least. Fix the balance, eliminate redundant units, and make effective AI opponents and it becomes a decent game. Even with that it still shouldn't be a $60 game. Relic needs to go back to making games and stop cashing in on franchises with shovelware. Expand
  65. Feb 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Blitzkrieg was way way better. This is just a garbage game that was created by Nazi's. Horrid graphics and optimization. I was so excited for this game, only to have it turn out to be garbage. I'm glad I never bought it. Expand
  66. Apr 25, 2014
    The first Company of Heroes was greatest WWII strategy, but Company of Heroes 2 is worst game of Relic.This game has no historical evidence. This is nazi game for nazis.
  67. Jul 26, 2013
    The worst game ever. The game made by nazis.
    All the scenario is based on Joseph Goebbels's propaganda. Why didn't you show russian soldiers as real heroes which saved not only their country but the whole Europe? It's a shame to do the game like this!
  68. Oct 11, 2013
    This game has been marketed as a serious historical accuracy one, and the dev said they had done enough homework for the history. Well it seems that they've learned history from old cold war propaganda, and talking about the historical accuracy, I think even Stalin vs Martians does history better than this crap.
  69. Aug 2, 2013
    Experimental stimulus FAILURE: This is not the 1980's why on earth is there political anti-Russian propaganda so thickly applied, and not even hidden perceived at all it's blatant and offensive. Battlefield 3 is on the same boat as you now. Anti-Russian wave is quite horridly impassible. Have you companies not tried approaching history in a alien point of view? Dijksterhuis & NordgrenExperimental stimulus FAILURE: This is not the 1980's why on earth is there political anti-Russian propaganda so thickly applied, and not even hidden perceived at all it's blatant and offensive. Battlefield 3 is on the same boat as you now. Anti-Russian wave is quite horridly impassible. Have you companies not tried approaching history in a alien point of view? Dijksterhuis & Nordgren would laugh in the face of Relic and EA for this failure in trying to change peoples behaviors and personalities. People are NOT this easily controlled. Expand
  70. Jul 23, 2013
    If you care about real history don't buy it.
    Scenario of this game is trying to discredit and mix with dirt Russian history, giving the wrong idea of ​​what happened during the World War 2.
  71. Jan 7, 2014
    The average user score is CORRECT, it is about a 2/10. It is such a shame, really, as I have been playing COH since its inception in 2006. The rev 2 version is bugged, crashes often, needs a high end rig and video card, and just plain not balanced. You can't re-bind your keys, the MP often de-synchs, and the list goes on and on. Do I play it? Sure. Is Men of War Assault Squad better? YES
  72. Jun 26, 2013
    They ruined my favorite game, just like Dungeon Siege 3, they corrupted the great game to make it a 1st person shooter console feel. I am completely disappointed. I hate games like that which is why i don't have a console and only play PC strategy.

AWFUL POS version of what used to be the best game ever.
  73. Jan 21, 2014
    I'll give Company of Heroes a 4/10 because it's not the worst game ever made, I can think of other games that are more deserving of a 0-1/10 - looking at you Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. However, I (like many other gamers) feel that Company of Heroes 2 just doesn't live up to the expectations of its predecessor.

What has happened to the sophisticated commander tree? It has been

What has happened to the sophisticated commander tree? It has been replaced by a new commander system with no choice, except you can choose 5 different commander 'perks' before a match, then when you get commander points it'll unlock perks automatically (as each perk has a commander point requirement that, once reached, the perk will instantly become available). Okay, but at least CoH 2 has interesting concept art briefs between each mission right? Wrong. Those concept art briefs - which I, personally, loved and associated with the CoH titles - have been replaced by 30 second longish cut scenes between a lieutenant (who you never see or hear from in the missions) that is going to be executed for desertion and his old commander talking about the war - CoH 2 has replaced exciting and interesting character development and artistic cut scenes for a character you'll never see in-game and mediocre between mission cut scenes. There's almost no continuity between missions, in the original CoH you'd get a patriotic and informative brief (so you know what's going on in the grand scale of things), but in CoH 2 it's a case of; a minute cut scene that says "the Germans attacked Russia" and "they get really close to Moscow", from there on it's a case of go there, kill them, we won, fight them - then the level design and gameplay follows this pattern, so what may seem interesting and innovative to start becomes dull and representative in later missions. Yet another CoH 2 mistake is the lack of units, you'll have 2 units that you'll ever really use, your conscripts (infantry) and the T34s (tanks), that's it, you do have snipers (that for some reason only use stealth while they're in cover) and mortar teams etc but what's the point when they'll just get flooded by infantry and tanks? If you want to fight for the Germans, you better go somewhere else, because the singleplayer campaign is all Soviet - you can play as the Germans in multiplayer. Well, you can also play as the Germans in a new feature called 'Theater of War' which, basically, mini-campaigns with about 2 singleplayer missions and tonnes of co-op missions (which is a welcome feature) - but when I realized that my friends weren't prepared to pay £30 for a sub-par sequel, I was left with about 4 hours of German gameplay, max...

Well... I think I've said all that I can about Company of Heroes 2. In conclusion, I'm not satisfied with Sega's sequel on what was a milestone in real-time strategy games. It has lost its strategy and has replaced it with numbers. And has many little 'features' that'll drive you mad, like units flashing their player colour when they're clicked on and all your recruited units now start off-map so you have to wait for them to come to you. There seems to be a never ending list of what's wrong with CoH 2, it's like they got the designs and features from the original games and said "these are good, but, scrap them and let's start from fresh without taking any inspiration from the originals". Plus CoH 2, to me, seems to have been Sega-fied.
  74. Jul 28, 2013
    Thank you, Relic, for creating such a good example of an awfully written story! The way you show Red Army is ridiculous and unforgivable. Shame on you!
  75. Jul 25, 2013
    This Nazi game made by Nazis. I would like it to be wiped from the memory of people who played this game. Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  76. Jun 25, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss. Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge
    Relic! Really?
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge computer power for very little enhancements.

Snipers are worthless, no mines, or sandbags. Buildings look much worse than COH1, the User Interface wastes ridiculous space in worthless unit descriptions.

There are so many steps back from its predecessor, that the snow effects and 5% better graphics really cannot make this game passable.

And the little snow pocket watch. What! This is a serious RTS not Command & Conquer. Timed blizzards are ridiculous.

Very very angry at Relic. Seven years in the making, they could have just added some snow to COH1. Maybe a $10 DLC.
  77. Jul 14, 2013
    I am a huge COH advocate but COH2 is not the same as the previous title, do not be fooled by the amazing graphics effects, art work and soundscape. The most pleasing feature of all is the Army Customizer, it offers lots of new features and additions to gameplay, many of these can be obtained through over priced DLC.

This is what ruined the game for me: No Defenses, tank traps and

This is what ruined the game for me:

No Defenses, tank traps and dragons teeth have been removed from the game.

Maps The maps are vast and greatly detailed, however they are very open and no choke points are to be found. It's a mobile fast paced game, not like before. It feels like they removed all defense from the game to encourage people to "NOT" play tactically.

Overall the game is pretty but don't buy this, the game play is awful, I wish I had my money back.
  78. Jul 25, 2013
    Absolute lies, propaganda of fascism and russophobia in its purest form. Bad campaign, bad gameplay, useless as strategy. It's just a mockery of fallen Soviet soldiers who gave their lives for the victory over Nazism.
  79. Aug 6, 2013
    The gameplay is good but it's hard to play it when your face is spat upon. Hardly difficult to be objective. So the whole game become catastrophy.
    Please, don't fail next time, devs.
  80. Aug 28, 2013
    I am Russian and I'm offended by this. Seriously, Relic, why do you keep telling that the game is LOL HISTORICALLY ACCURATE while it's obviously isn't?
    "Most people have evil spirits. You? You have stupid spirits! Go see shaman, get hole in head. Big hole. Very big. Huge!" (c)Sulik, Fallout 2
  81. Nov 9, 2013
    Like everyone else, I was really thirlled to hear that COH2 would give us a different approach to the way, from the east.
    However, After a very unbalanced Beta, I assumed that they would tweak the game, given its delayed release and provide us with something truly amazing.
    Well they certainly did. Amazingly bad. I played hundreds of hours Alone and in MP with friends on the original
    Well they certainly did. Amazingly bad.
    I played hundreds of hours Alone and in MP with friends on the original COH.
    This really rocked my belief in the series.
    The Russian Mortars, Mobile and Artillery were completely overpowered, then if you survived to get into a German tank, the game was all but won and lost for the Russians.

I felt like I was playing the game matches again and again, nothing changed, the Enemy did the same things over and over, not to mention, 3 Panzers firing at an infantry section on the ground and they managed to disable one and button another before moving back out of sight.
    How this happens is beyond me.

Terrible game and not recommended for anyone who was a fan of the first one.
  82. Sep 11, 2013
    This game in it's current state is horrendous and god awful. The only way to correct it is through extensive modding which unfortunately doesn't seem likely. Sega has announced a recent statement that it does not support modding for it's game and thus killed all expectations of improving company of heroes 2. No map editor and no official mod tools. This game is as good as it gets inThis game in it's current state is horrendous and god awful. The only way to correct it is through extensive modding which unfortunately doesn't seem likely. Sega has announced a recent statement that it does not support modding for it's game and thus killed all expectations of improving company of heroes 2. No map editor and no official mod tools. This game is as good as it gets in it's current form, which is downright appalling compared to the first.

I will never give Sega or Relic another penny.
  83. Sep 25, 2013
    revising my review to 0/10 for changing the game to pay2win. GJ sega, by go screw up some1 elses franchise now too.

84. Sep 30, 2013
    I have over 300+ hours of coh2(check my steam profile), and i can say DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU AREN'T A CASUAL GAMER. Seriously. This can seems a good rts but in whole is a compared to coh1, for many things, it's an incomplete game full of cheaters and basically when you buy it you get just 20% of the game. P2W commanders with insane prices, theater of war empty or with $$$dlcs$$$, noI have over 300+ hours of coh2(check my steam profile), and i can say DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU AREN'T A CASUAL GAMER. Seriously. This can seems a good rts but in whole is a compared to coh1, for many things, it's an incomplete game full of cheaters and basically when you buy it you get just 20% of the game. P2W commanders with insane prices, theater of war empty or with $$$dlcs$$$, no lobbies, crappy framerate and elo system, automatch sucks, maps sucks, the players of this game sucks and his community. Expand
  85. Oct 31, 2014
    This game is not an enjoyable experience. I am not a PvP player because of the CoH geeks that do nothing but learn the exploits to win. That's beside the point, so I play against the AI.

There are problems, the main one is the AI cheats in showing up with veteran units, immediately running away when a unit throws a grenade, AI units are very difficult to eliminate, AI is all over the map and no way to defend most captured points, if given any amount of time the AI totally overwhelms the player and AI has no fog of war, to name a few.

I'll tell you one thing, devs of CoH 2, you win the game. You won't get anymore of my support in terms of buying more crap from this company.
  86. Oct 27, 2014
    I have no experience with the single player campaign, so I'll just review the multiplayer part. Unfortunately, the game has gotten some kind of weird multiple personality disorder; it's trying to be harsh and brutal with gritty b/w imagery, harsh cold and so on, but at the same time it's animated like it's a cartoon. Tanks jump half a meter straight up in the air when they die, and haveI have no experience with the single player campaign, so I'll just review the multiplayer part. Unfortunately, the game has gotten some kind of weird multiple personality disorder; it's trying to be harsh and brutal with gritty b/w imagery, harsh cold and so on, but at the same time it's animated like it's a cartoon. Tanks jump half a meter straight up in the air when they die, and have big flat areas of comic book-like texture. The resource system and basic ideas from the original game are identical.

The voice-acting in Company of Heroes 1, Dawn of War 1 and 2 is SPLENDID. In this game, it's dull and uninspired. I can't get drawn in into the game; it's like a confused comic book version of WWII without anything funny to go with it. Unfortunately.
  87. Jul 25, 2013
    Great distortion of all historical reality. Anti historical and illogical and untrusted facts. Really Nazi propaganda game F-off authors of this merde.
  88. Aug 5, 2013
    Trash game. Paul Joseph Goebbels: Wir suchen nicht die Wahrheit, und die Wirkung. Wenn Sie eine Lüge groß genug und sprechen wird es wiederholen, werden die Leute schließlich glauben.
  89. Jul 24, 2013
    "Dirty, Russophobe, anti-Soviet propaganda.
    I'd like to send the developers at the time, they are even written by hand, which would be shot them in the back of a penal battalion.
    Do not buy or play this piece of cheap propaganda.
    Do not litter your brain. "

90. Jul 27, 2013
    God, this gaem is just horridle. I canot stand the situations of the story.
    i was buying the game and at the store. then i come home and sat on on my computer.
    i just was holding a hammer in left wrist and sickle in right wehn the mission starts. after the I saw Stalina eating a children in the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I canot believe such a gaem can be of making and selling
    God, this gaem is just horridle. I canot stand the situations of the story.
    I canot believe such a gaem can be of making and selling to people!!!
    this is a total really lie to my grandpa friends with stalin and stalin did not eat children even when because germany had 11 summers old kids in cannons to shoot to "BAD" communist .

Too, the game also is hating the motherland tank that Liberated germany of nazists AND TRUE POWER TO RUSSAI

i wanting now to get money for this this game Men of Company 2
  91. Jul 27, 2013
    Fake game based on fake history. Would'v ban this game if I could. Amount of absurd reached limits long before mid game. Bugs, lags, overhype. Outcome is rubbish.
  92. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is a direct insult to the heroes of the second world war, who sacrificed their lives for the victory. Not even worth talking about the low level of the game itself that bothers 3 hours
  93. Aug 3, 2013
    I doubt that developers of this piece of know nothing about history. They do.

So, they are making propaganda very similar to Nazis propaganda. May be with similar intentions?
  94. Jul 26, 2013
    everyone who whines that it's true. running to teach history.
    the game is based on a full box.
    I understand that the countries of Europe only life were all cowards.
    but not again be conducted on what fascism is cool.
  95. Jun 29, 2013
    Micromanagement, twitch RTS. Too fast to enjoy. AI infantry swarms. Easy mode is too hard. Back to the original for me. Invincible AI infantry and little incentive to built advanced mechanised units. Spam infantry to win command point victory.
  96. Jun 25, 2013
    The games go has this- The Russian play their hearts out while the germans wait till they get panzers then win simple has that.
    Weather system is dumb since russiand rely on infantry so much and they still get affected by the weather putting them down for several minutes while the germans run in with their overpowered tanks.
  97. Jun 25, 2013
    While it looked promising during the beta the fact that Relic didn't even bother to put in any extra Multiplayer maps proves that they too have turned and have chosen to go for the easy money rather than the support of their community.

All they basically did since the beta is add the singleplayer campaign, that is it. The same four basic maps that didn't really feel well put together

The same four basic maps that didn't really feel well put together and were generally just boring to play are the only maps we'll be able to play multiplayer on.

Multiplayer is a pretty important aspect of this game, unfortunately the thieves at Relic are too busy grubbing over money to actually give two ****

Do not purchase this game or any games by Relic, these have gone Actiblizzard and will be pushing over priced DLC our way in no time.

Want extra maps Pay for 'em!

**** you Relic.
  98. Aug 2, 2013
    Ok, so game is not total ruin but compared to it's predecessor its utter crap. It's like they've completely ignored the first game and created some which consists of every flaw that coh1 had, repeats almost every aspect and presents some unnecessary mechanical "improvements" to gameplay (lets split sniper unit into two men whom are far worse shooters, that will be so fresh and has boringOk, so game is not total ruin but compared to it's predecessor its utter crap. It's like they've completely ignored the first game and created some which consists of every flaw that coh1 had, repeats almost every aspect and presents some unnecessary mechanical "improvements" to gameplay (lets split sniper unit into two men whom are far worse shooters, that will be so fresh and has boring campaign which isn't exactly historically correct. I think the developers don't exactly like russians. Expand
  99. Aug 1, 2013
    Dear relic.
    Next time you decide to make a historical game, please spend some time learning a bit of history. Well, something besides Joseph Goebbels` works.
  100. Jul 29, 2013
    This is not a game but an anti-russian nazi propaganda, don't either buy it or download it. The point of releasing this is to brainwash people who don't know anything about history, to make them think that this pice of lie is a real thing.
    P.S.:That's really sad that nowadays younger generation is too lazy to think for their own instead they like to accept any kind of information that media is giving out (that's the aim of goebbels and relic)

1. Oct 7, 2013