Company of Heroes 2 PC

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.1

1. Sep 19, 2013
    All I have to say about this game: This game is a mixed bag. A bag full of shame, microtransactions in a full priced game, vomit and diarrhea. I just can't imagine what relic was thinking when they said "Okay, these improvements are good (no they're not), make it a 50€ game, and add microtransactions". Thanks.

I checked on the game on release day, and after the atrocius beta version I

I checked on the game on release day, and after the atrocius beta version I admit I torrented it down. I knew this game WILL suck balls. Unbalanced, unoptimized and ugly like hell.

Maybe the worst-ever sequel, and worst-ever RTS game, but surely the worst RTS of the 2010s. Even Stalin vs The Martians is better than this.
  2. Jul 31, 2013
    Metacritic is BROKEN. I have just seen over 200 user reviews clearly written by the same person.
    I have no doubt that this is the case these hundreds of reviews. All taking about what a terrible war WWII was, how the writers family suffered etc. Many of them contain the exact same spelling mistake. All of them go on about "Russian suffereing" and hardly ever mention the game. Either one person using a bot to create accounts (very VERY simple) and post gazillions of reviews (very VERY simple using UBot 4.1 and some proxies). THis devalues Metacrtic and shows the arrogance of someone who thinks that their opinion in worth that of hundreds of other people and must be artificially aplified to ensure his will pervails. The sort of arrogance and method Stalin might have used if he were alive or Hitler! The game IS crap however. How on earth the magazones give it 8+ is beyond me. It's not a "0" though maybe a 3 but it is a very poor game. Terrible AI, poorly optimized, nerfed in terms of strategy from the original. Not very good at all. Just wish it could have earned this low score naturally rather then having someone so obviously force the issue with voting bots.
  3. Jun 25, 2013
    Very disapointing, uses the same graphics engine, the graphics look very similar but it brings my 3770K and 680GTX to a halt. IT has very few improvements over the first game. This just screams cash in to me, Stick with the oringal CoH its much superior
  4. Oct 27, 2014
    Absolutely weak! Destructoid should never ever be allowed to rate games. The think this was a 100 means there is no room for ever improving. I wonder how much they were paid?
    I have a free copy for anyone who wants it.
  5. Jul 31, 2013
    Can't even play the game. When I try to start it I get an error message saying "Company of heroes 2 has detected it is running in compatibility mode. This is unsupported and should be addressed before launching the game. Attempting to run in compatibility mode will cause the game to run improperly or likely crash. To solve this, ensure neither Company of Heroes 2 or Steam is running inCan't even play the game. When I try to start it I get an error message saying "Company of heroes 2 has detected it is running in compatibility mode. This is unsupported and should be addressed before launching the game. Attempting to run in compatibility mode will cause the game to run improperly or likely crash. To solve this, ensure neither Company of Heroes 2 or Steam is running in compatibility mode."

There are some registry hacks out there to solve the problem, but it doesn't work for me.
  6. Jul 27, 2013
    This game is an insult of every Russian hero who died in war against fascism protecting people of his motherland from elimination. In almost any family in Russia now there are veterans or people lost in combat of WWII, and relic knowingly insulted them all. Lots of Russians soldiers lost their lives to prevent total defeat of France and divert attention of german “perfect race” which seekThis game is an insult of every Russian hero who died in war against fascism protecting people of his motherland from elimination. In almost any family in Russia now there are veterans or people lost in combat of WWII, and relic knowingly insulted them all. Lots of Russians soldiers lost their lives to prevent total defeat of France and divert attention of german “perfect race” which seek to eliminate or enslave lower races (all others). Russians soldiers as well paid with their lives for every day France and England delayed opening of second front. This error of a game deliberately replaces actual historical events with anti-Russian propaganda which can only be obtained from fascist, ignoramus, haters and complete idiots. And those are target group of this “game”.

Every year in 9 may we celebrate a day of victory where we can talk with the actual people who took part in combats of WWII and we know for a fact, that things presented in this game as historical events are outrageous, disgusting, stupid, illogical, senseless and shameful lies.

As an active buyer of licensed production, true gamer and patriot I want relic to know that from now on every time I see your production I will remember your attitude toward my country, my family and me as a part of it.
  7. Jul 25, 2013
    Great distortion of all historical reality. Anti historical and illogical and untrusted facts. Really Nazi propaganda game F-off authors of this merde.
  8. Jul 29, 2013
    Russian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet anotherRussian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet another cheesy anti-Russian crap, it's something way worse. What's next, COH3 showing Jews mass murdering innocent nazis in death camps? I'm sure developer's nazi granddads would love that. Expand
  9. Jul 24, 2013
    >Having all Relic WH40K games I expected better value for the price. Bad performance, crashes and silly plot. Portraying of Russians in a "historical" game was ridiculous. Orcs look like a charming persons compared with these "evil russkies".

Totally agreed. Sad but true.
  10. Jun 26, 2013
    Bad optimization ,poor campaign ,stupid AI, minor changes from first COH.
    Very high price for this game,useless dlc with collections edition.
    On my ssd is a first game with long loading time about 30-40 sec.
  11. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is a nazi propaganda. Joseph Goebbels applauds to the Relics studio.
    From now on, i will never buy Relic games. People who made that game should be sued as nazi criminals.
  12. Aug 5, 2013
    Trash game. Paul Joseph Goebbels: Wir suchen nicht die Wahrheit, und die Wirkung. Wenn Sie eine Lüge groß genug und sprechen wird es wiederholen, werden die Leute schließlich glauben.
  13. Sep 6, 2013
    Played this for around 8 days now and purchased it off Steam the other day so paid full price because I thought it would be worth it. I was extremely sad to realise the lack of effort and innovation they have put into this game. I thought after all this time they could have made it a lot better and all it is pretty much is COH 1 remastered with newer textures and graphics. Complete wastePlayed this for around 8 days now and purchased it off Steam the other day so paid full price because I thought it would be worth it. I was extremely sad to realise the lack of effort and innovation they have put into this game. I thought after all this time they could have made it a lot better and all it is pretty much is COH 1 remastered with newer textures and graphics. Complete waste of money, absolute joke. Expand
  14. Aug 4, 2013
    I am not a citizen of Russia, but the story of CoH2 completely wrong. The answer of Relic on official forum "citizens of Russia see their story in good way only" incorrectly. Relic took wrong talking of history.
  15. Jul 24, 2013
    Probably one of the most stupid scenarios in RTS games.
    It was surprised that in Relic there are a lot of admirers of creativity of Goebbels. Well, I will never buy your games.
  16. Jun 25, 2013
    For the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into thisFor the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into this campaign making it a chore to play through (besides that fact like some other users have pointed out I feel like the campaign is a slight bit racist towards Russians). Thirdly as you might also have guessed almost NOTHING HAS CHANGED seriously this is just ridiculous, basically what they have added is a semi-working version of true sight, weather (snow), Russians. As far as I can tell they haven't done a thing to improve the AI nor have they improved on any of the other hampering game mechanics. Really I don't see where all the work they claim has gone into this project is because as far as I can tell this is a DLC adding the Russians and little else. If your argument is if it works why change it then one they shouldn't make almost the exact same game and sell it as if it's a new release, second company of heroes has a lot of room for improvement so don't try to ruse people into believing the game was perfect. Expand
  17. Aug 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It seems that nobody either knows the history of WWII on the eastern front,or doesn't want to show it. Once again we are shown that apparently Russians are evil and are the bad guys here. How they all were just running at the machine gun fire and that the other half of the army was behind them ready to kill anyone who tries to run back. This racist, Anti-Russian storyline is rather becoming annoying. When Americans are liberating the France while getting killed, we hear of their honor, when we hear of Russians liberating THEIR OWN LAND, suddenly they are shown as merciless and coward like. I hope game companies will start writing truthful stories,because this is annoying and because of such story,nobody will buy this game in Russia obviously,which is a loss for Relic obviously. Expand
  18. Jul 10, 2013
    just buy COH1 its better than this game poorly optimized rubbish and i don't know were these developers get of charging £40 for a pc games what a rip off joke avoided it at all cost but maybe buy it in a sale when its about £25 do yourself a favor.
  19. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is a fail in most aspects, except of racial discrimination.
    Bad graphic, stupid AI, little boring maps, few and unbalanced units, but a lot of disgusting cliches about Russians.
    Shame on you, Relic!
  20. Nov 29, 2013
    I played the beta, seemed it would turn to be ok, But afther a few months i baught it cheap on steam. And i already regret it. Gameplay does not come near to the first one. In part one you could choose between playing with a lot of micro (pvp) or build a nice defence and play relexed. This last way of relexed playing is not possilbe anymore. Even againts normal cpu i have to micro allI played the beta, seemed it would turn to be ok, But afther a few months i baught it cheap on steam. And i already regret it. Gameplay does not come near to the first one. In part one you could choose between playing with a lot of micro (pvp) or build a nice defence and play relexed. This last way of relexed playing is not possilbe anymore. Even againts normal cpu i have to micro all over the battlefield all the time. I do not always want to play like that. German armor seemed to be made of glas, it takes ages to kill infantery with a normal p4. Im spending more time repairing tanks and heal my inf then im actualy fighting. Its just a bad choice to choose this engine. Perhaps its a nice game for the people who love playing against other people. But i cant play it as a relexed game like i did coh1. Imo crap. I believe the makers dont understand what all the strengts where of the first part. Furthermore they make this game a milking cow with all their dlc's. All these commanders with basicly all the same abilitys but a bit reshuffeled.

The popcap is way to low, you can only have a handfull of units. No way you can leave a defence force at one place because you just cant afford it. You just move to one point to the other, finding out that the opponent just recaps the places you just captured. Boring.

So disappointed. lucky i can still play the first part.
  21. Jul 26, 2013
    The worst game ever. The game made by nazis.
    All the scenario is based on Joseph Goebbels's propaganda. Why didn't you show russian soldiers as real heroes which saved not only their country but the whole Europe? It's a shame to do the game like this!
  22. Aug 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shame of Relic for the release of such games ,Distortion of historical data is a crime and violation of the law .
    I do not have nothing against the game itself, but the story line is terrible to tears it's disrespect of war veterans, Relic hurt not only Russia but also Ukraine and Belarus
  23. Oct 11, 2013
    This game has been marketed as a serious historical accuracy one, and the dev said they had done enough homework for the history. Well it seems that they've learned history from old cold war propaganda, and talking about the historical accuracy, I think even Stalin vs Martians does history better than this crap.
  24. Aug 1, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is a good example why so many people install a pirated game first before deciding if the game is worth purchasing. The storyline is complete bull and frankly offensive. Included in this game are exaggerations, intentional historical inaccuracies and anti-Slavic sentiment.

To the makers of this game: swallow and choke on a bag of djcks.
  25. May 28, 2015
    “In Paris they just simply opened their eyes and stared when we spoke to them in French! We never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language.” - Mark Twain
  26. Jul 27, 2013
    I honestly don't know what there is to say about this game. There really isn't much to say. It's mediocre. The campaign is boring and feels extremely detached. Campaign missions have no real story depth, poorly designed, and fails to create an sense of the epic scale of the Eastern Front. Where did the epic tank battles go? When did the intense fighting for Berlin go? No interestingI honestly don't know what there is to say about this game. There really isn't much to say. It's mediocre. The campaign is boring and feels extremely detached. Campaign missions have no real story depth, poorly designed, and fails to create an sense of the epic scale of the Eastern Front. Where did the epic tank battles go? When did the intense fighting for Berlin go? No interesting characters. Mediocre.

Gameplay is essentially the same as the previous installment, just with the interesting gameplay elements and units removed and replaced by the same unit that comes in different variations. Commander abilities are also uninteresting. Some units are blatantly better than others.

Sound and audio are essentially the same as the previous game. Around the same quality. Dialogue seems awkward and boring.

Mediocre.
  27. Aug 2, 2013
    Experimental stimulus FAILURE: This is not the 1980's why on earth is there political anti-Russian propaganda so thickly applied, and not even hidden perceived at all it's blatant and offensive. Battlefield 3 is on the same boat as you now. Anti-Russian wave is quite horridly impassible. Have you companies not tried approaching history in a alien point of view? Dijksterhuis & NordgrenExperimental stimulus FAILURE: This is not the 1980's why on earth is there political anti-Russian propaganda so thickly applied, and not even hidden perceived at all it's blatant and offensive. Battlefield 3 is on the same boat as you now. Anti-Russian wave is quite horridly impassible. Have you companies not tried approaching history in a alien point of view? Dijksterhuis & Nordgren would laugh in the face of Relic and EA for this failure in trying to change peoples behaviors and personalities. People are NOT this easily controlled. Expand
  28. Dec 8, 2013
    I have a decent rig and find that I can't even run the performance test on COH2 without severe stuttering at the lowest settings. Horrible optimization from a game that I expected to be better than the original. Stick with the original, this one is broken!
  29. Jul 23, 2013
    False game from nazis. FREAKS! Developers say lies. They humiliated USSR, told false story which doesn't correspond to reality. Would kill developers
  30. Jul 24, 2013
    "Dirty, Russophobe, anti-Soviet propaganda.
    I'd like to send the developers at the time, they are even written by hand, which would be shot them in the back of a penal battalion.
    Do not buy or play this piece of cheap propaganda.
    Do not litter your brain. "

31. Oct 11, 2013
    A complete travesty this game is. I really enjoyed the first CoH games. When I finally got CoH2 I was expecting it to be a beautiful RTS based on WW2. Instead all I got was the same CoH graphics, only buggier, jagged, and far laggier. The game was pretty much the same. No, it was a step back! The campaign is absolute garbage. I also picked up on the slight racism towards the Russians andA complete travesty this game is. I really enjoyed the first CoH games. When I finally got CoH2 I was expecting it to be a beautiful RTS based on WW2. Instead all I got was the same CoH graphics, only buggier, jagged, and far laggier. The game was pretty much the same. No, it was a step back! The campaign is absolute garbage. I also picked up on the slight racism towards the Russians and glorifying the Germans. As a Russian I felt a bit annoyed.
    Multiplayer is slighty better quality, but the lack of a lobby pits you with random players, most of which lag severely or drop out in the first 5 minutes of the game.

What an awful game. Get the first Company of Heroes games over this POS.
  32. Jul 27, 2013
    God, this gaem is just horridle. I canot stand the situations of the story.
    i was buying the game and at the store. then i come home and sat on on my computer.
    i just was holding a hammer in left wrist and sickle in right wehn the mission starts. after the I saw Stalina eating a children in the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I canot believe such a gaem can be of making and selling
    God, this gaem is just horridle. I canot stand the situations of the story.
    I canot believe such a gaem can be of making and selling to people!!!
    this is a total really lie to my grandpa friends with stalin and stalin did not eat children even when because germany had 11 summers old kids in cannons to shoot to "BAD" communist .

Too, the game also is hating the motherland tank that Liberated germany of nazists AND TRUE POWER TO RUSSAI

i wanting now to get money for this this game Men of Company 2
  33. Jul 27, 2013
    Fake game based on fake history. Would'v ban this game if I could. Amount of absurd reached limits long before mid game. Bugs, lags, overhype. Outcome is rubbish.
  34. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. shame on you Relic..
    I cant Understand Why you try to change the history and how can you make the Soviet Union as a bad guys... are you serious its a propaganda.. not a game.. just shame on you.. pls guys dont buy that game !
    PLS DONT BUY THAT GAME..
    its a lie I will never buy anything you make any more..
    i have all DOW and COH 1...
    shame on you..
  35. Jul 24, 2013
    I can't understand. What was that? I don't see any logic in the plot of the game. All these fictional facts, inadequate and illogical actions on the part of the Soviet Army.I know that NKVD was shooting everyone who was trying to leave the battle or soldiers which were captured by nazis. But burning own villages? What? I thought nazis were doing crap like that.
    What an idiot you have to
    What an idiot you have to be to make such a storyline?
  36. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is a direct insult to the heroes of the second world war, who sacrificed their lives for the victory. Not even worth talking about the low level of the game itself that bothers 3 hours
  37. Jul 28, 2013
    thank god for decide not to buy this game yet and see how score is going. this game is worth to pirate to see how awful it is. lie. lair. historical inaccurate (and insulting). copy & paste gameplay. scam.
  38. Aug 3, 2013
    I doubt that developers of this piece of know nothing about history. They do.

So, they are making propaganda very similar to Nazis propaganda. May be with similar intentions?
  39. Jan 8, 2014
    The "Mein Kampf" of videogames. Avoid this piece of revisionism. Makes me wonder if Relic are neo-nazi's or just plain ignorant. Maybe both. This game should be banned
  40. Aug 13, 2013
    Relic should have read a history book before making this game, it's shameful the way this game was developed in every aspect, gameplay is broken, a.i. is dead-stupid, no innovation at all, not even a good paint job to make it flashier than the original, nothing, fans get nothing out of this game, it's an utter disappointment, it's that bad, this game is irreparable, hopefully the sequelRelic should have read a history book before making this game, it's shameful the way this game was developed in every aspect, gameplay is broken, a.i. is dead-stupid, no innovation at all, not even a good paint job to make it flashier than the original, nothing, fans get nothing out of this game, it's an utter disappointment, it's that bad, this game is irreparable, hopefully the sequel will fix everything wrong with this one, relic owes it to the fans to make a good COH Expand
  41. Aug 3, 2013
    Its a Nazi game made by Nazi for a Nazi. Its last game from this company i ever bye and i hope it will restricted in russia. Poor grafik and idiotic story from Soljenicin and Dr. Gebels.
  42. Jul 26, 2013
    everyone who whines that it's true. running to teach history.
    the game is based on a full box.
    I understand that the countries of Europe only life were all cowards.
    but not again be conducted on what fascism is cool.
  43. Jul 25, 2013
    If not take a scenario it's really a good strategy. But i just cant close my eyes on this piece of sh&t. Our Russin heroes win this war for piece on the planet it's not emotion, it's true) and after all this you just dip them in I'm not even going to ask if you have a conscience or not. After all this lies and propaganda you will suffer punishment, not a physical but something more.
  44. Jul 23, 2013
    If you care about real history don't buy it.
    Scenario of this game is trying to discredit and mix with dirt Russian history, giving the wrong idea of ​​what happened during the World War 2.
  45. Jan 7, 2014
    The average user score is CORRECT, it is about a 2/10. It is such a shame, really, as I have been playing COH since its inception in 2006. The rev 2 version is bugged, crashes often, needs a high end rig and video card, and just plain not balanced. You can't re-bind your keys, the MP often de-synchs, and the list goes on and on. Do I play it? Sure. Is Men of War Assault Squad better? YES
  46. Jul 27, 2013
    The game is absolutely a joke. No plot, no likable characters, no gameplay. Only a trolling of fellings of a some group of man. Absolutely bad game.
  47. Jun 29, 2013
    Micromanagement, twitch RTS. Too fast to enjoy. AI infantry swarms. Easy mode is too hard. Back to the original for me. Invincible AI infantry and little incentive to built advanced mechanised units. Spam infantry to win command point victory.
  48. Jul 4, 2013
    terrible performance issues same graphics as the old game absolutly nuthing has changed here i cant believe this scam they really are juts cashing in on the name no effort was made when making this game and it shows steer clear.
  49. Jun 25, 2013
    The games go has this- The Russian play their hearts out while the germans wait till they get panzers then win simple has that.
    Weather system is dumb since russiand rely on infantry so much and they still get affected by the weather putting them down for several minutes while the germans run in with their overpowered tanks.
  50. Jun 25, 2013
    While it looked promising during the beta the fact that Relic didn't even bother to put in any extra Multiplayer maps proves that they too have turned and have chosen to go for the easy money rather than the support of their community.

All they basically did since the beta is add the singleplayer campaign, that is it. The same four basic maps that didn't really feel well put together

The same four basic maps that didn't really feel well put together and were generally just boring to play are the only maps we'll be able to play multiplayer on.

Multiplayer is a pretty important aspect of this game, unfortunately the thieves at Relic are too busy grubbing over money to actually give two ****

Do not purchase this game or any games by Relic, these have gone Actiblizzard and will be pushing over priced DLC our way in no time.

Want extra maps Pay for 'em!

**** you Relic.
  51. Jul 27, 2013
    1 rifle for 2 russian soldiers (check)
    - russian soldiers shooting down their own retreating squads (check)
    - russian soldiers burning their own homes with civilians inside (check) - russian soldiers killing friendly guerrilla forces (check) - russian soldiers being thrown on machineguns in waves without any cover (check) - russian soldiers being shot by their own for saving high
    1 rifle for 2 russian soldiers (check)
    - russian soldiers shooting down their own retreating squads (check)
    - russian soldiers burning their own homes with civilians inside (check)
    - russian soldiers killing friendly guerrilla forces (check)
    - russian soldiers being shot by their own for saving high ranked officer (checked)
    - russian soldiers complaining about not having a choice. Choice during war? Well, there was atleast one. Like ening up in german gas chamber.

Total absence of logic and rule of stereotypes and cliche about evil red army. Relic depicts us military force that was suicidial in every way possible, unwilling to fight and win despite fighting on the native soil, for their own families. Red army was retreating first 3 years of this war. Retreating and shooting down everyone who was retreating from the frontlines. Right. For 3 years in a row. Then after 3 years, red army commanders understood that despite their best efforts of suiciding they still fail in their mission. So they sighed and decided to go into attack for a change and happened to defeat Germany within next 2 years. Seems totally legit.

"20 millions soviet lives for 1 photo" Ha, ha. Never go full retard relic, never.
  52. Aug 9, 2013
    I've never written a game review before but I just wanted to say that this game is terrible. Why is it called company of heroes? It should have been called Company of cowards. This game is an offence to all heroes of WWII. WTF relic? Are you crazy? Who wrote this sh*t? Hitler???
  53. Jul 26, 2013
    history of insanity, invented patients writers. I will never buy a single game Relic. They work in a campaign apparently children of Nazi perpetrators. I hope they go bankrupt and not let not any more games.
  54. Jul 23, 2013
    Sorry this game is a complete disappointment. I've played Company of Heroes 1 and it is one of my favourite games of all time. Now this one plays like it is written by a completely different programmer team. The story is awful, gameplay is dumbed down. Waste of time and money!
  55. Jul 25, 2013
    What an ugly propaganda that hides the horrible bugs of developers? Or Canadians believe that whole other world is illiterate and can not read, as in fact was the case in the war? If Relic Entertainment wants to be politically correct why not make a game how the Canadian gays defeated Hitler? Or, if it really wants something shockingly unusual like Hitler took over them all, and even aWhat an ugly propaganda that hides the horrible bugs of developers? Or Canadians believe that whole other world is illiterate and can not read, as in fact was the case in the war? If Relic Entertainment wants to be politically correct why not make a game how the Canadian gays defeated Hitler? Or, if it really wants something shockingly unusual like Hitler took over them all, and even a few times in a row? Expand
  56. Jun 26, 2013
    They ruined my favorite game, just like Dungeon Siege 3, they corrupted the great game to make it a 1st person shooter console feel. I am completely disappointed. I hate games like that which is why i don't have a console and only play PC strategy.

AWFUL POS version of what used to be the best game ever.
  57. Jul 3, 2013
    This game is really not as good as CoH 1, not even close. The number of day 1 DLCs is total joke. I mean WtF??? this game got DLC like it was free to play game, but it is not. AI is also really horrible.
  58. Jul 3, 2013
    Relic should disappear at that time.
    It is greatly changed for the worse compared with the preceding crop.
    In AI, even being normal becomes strong and the human being who is unused to do RTS will leave this game immediately. Moreover, thanks to the worthless RPG element, the workability increased. It did the user of the preceding crop plainly and RELIC which accepted only the opinion
    Relic should disappear at that time.
    It is greatly changed for the worse compared with the preceding crop.
    Moreover, thanks to the worthless RPG element, the workability increased.
    It did the user of the preceding crop plainly and RELIC which accepted only the opinion of the partial core user destroyed this series.
  59. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic you re fascists! Why you hate Russian? You did this game for hitler? You spit in the soul of all the Russian! Trampled in the dirt memories within about my grandfather who fought with the Nazis! Why?!
  60. Nov 16, 2014
    after i have played COH and its expansions for 5 years, i expected better game than this
    everything is too samey and actually the game is worse than COH becuz its high spec requirement and dipping fps. the graphic is not great even though it used all resources on my gaming laptop
    dev took vacation for 5 years and suddenly run short of cash so they decided to make sequel with a little improved graphics? i think this should stop from gaming industry. dev loses passion, they take long break from beloved franchise then they got back into developing new games with little idea and ambition
    the result of it has clearly shown in this game and total war rome2 (another disappointed title in this year)
    like hard shelled breads in cabinet for 2 years, this game feels like stale stuff and nuisance to get rid of quickly
  61. Jul 30, 2013
    Why is the game called Company of Heroes? It should be called Company of Cowards, Traitors and Idiots. What idiot wrote the script?

Anybody. Buy a brain for this invalid.
  62. Aug 26, 2013
    Relic shows us not how Germans (SS for example), but Russians are murdering unarmed POW, burning houses with Russian villagers inside, and killing their own fellow soldiers in cold blood. Relic depicts Russians as cruel and primitive barbarians, mocks heroism, sacrifice and death of millions who fought against invaders and defended their homeland. Disgusting! If I were Russian, I wouldRelic shows us not how Germans (SS for example), but Russians are murdering unarmed POW, burning houses with Russian villagers inside, and killing their own fellow soldiers in cold blood. Relic depicts Russians as cruel and primitive barbarians, mocks heroism, sacrifice and death of millions who fought against invaders and defended their homeland. Disgusting! If I were Russian, I would feel offended. I regret I have bought this piece of crap.

Just imagine like Canadians soldiers in COH executing German prisoners, burning French people in houses and killing their soldiers.
  63. Sep 5, 2013
    on of the worst optimized games of all time with bad graphics and battles i think this game is one of the worst games i have ever played do not buy this game
  64. Jul 24, 2013
    Orctownorc said it perfectly. And I qoute "To have half the army doctrines also removed as mini-DLCs is an example of the publisher engaging in the worst kind of nickel-and diming, as though this was a free-to play title."
    Sega bought this title when THQ went under and took all the doctrines out and made them DLC to squeeze every last penny out of this game. I paid FULL PRICE for this game and I don't expect to have to PAY TO BE COMPETITIVE in multiplayer with DLC. Sega, you are cheap-ass money-grubbing whores and don't deserve to continue being in business.
  65. Jul 23, 2013
    Monstrous in its stupidity and irrationality single player campaign. Terribly no-balanced multiplayer. Developers should be ashamed of this game. This game can be considered a "fail of the year"
  66. Jul 9, 2013
    What happened during the development? Did the developers get lazy and decide to just take the original game and change the characters? Don't turn into the strategy version of CoD. This game had so much potential, but they screwed it up, but they went "Hey here is your game, this is so good... HAHA suckers! We got your money now!"
  67. Sep 7, 2013
    What is this? What has relic done with company of heroes?

First of all, the graphics are sh*t even if everything is maxed out, and the voice acting is sh*t and the story line is SO far off it's offensive! The weather system is f*ckin dumb and over hyped. The gameplay feels cheap. Overall this game is sh*t. Play CoH1 instead, at least its not overpriced.
  68. Jul 18, 2013
    There is no multiplayer balancing at all. German's are completely overpowered once they get tanks and anti infantry. Soviets have about 2 mins at the start where they have a slight edge, then it's auto win for germans.

Do not buy this game if you like multiplayer! 75% of the players take german. This gives you an idea of how overpowered they are. I mean the German have anti tank

I mean the German have anti tank missles (not bazookas) that out range a tank. Ridiculous.
  69. Aug 2, 2013
    Ok, so game is not total ruin but compared to it's predecessor its utter crap. It's like they've completely ignored the first game and created some which consists of every flaw that coh1 had, repeats almost every aspect and presents some unnecessary mechanical "improvements" to gameplay (lets split sniper unit into two men whom are far worse shooters, that will be so fresh and has boringOk, so game is not total ruin but compared to it's predecessor its utter crap. It's like they've completely ignored the first game and created some which consists of every flaw that coh1 had, repeats almost every aspect and presents some unnecessary mechanical "improvements" to gameplay (lets split sniper unit into two men whom are far worse shooters, that will be so fresh and has boring campaign which isn't exactly historically correct. I think the developers don't exactly like russians. Expand
  70. Jan 21, 2014
    I'll give Company of Heroes a 4/10 because it's not the worst game ever made, I can think of other games that are more deserving of a 0-1/10 - looking at you Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. However, I (like many other gamers) feel that Company of Heroes 2 just doesn't live up to the expectations of its predecessor.

What has happened to the sophisticated commander tree? It has been

What has happened to the sophisticated commander tree? It has been replaced by a new commander system with no choice, except you can choose 5 different commander 'perks' before a match, then when you get commander points it'll unlock perks automatically (as each perk has a commander point requirement that, once reached, the perk will instantly become available). Okay, but at least CoH 2 has interesting concept art briefs between each mission right? Wrong. Those concept art briefs - which I, personally, loved and associated with the CoH titles - have been replaced by 30 second longish cut scenes between a lieutenant (who you never see or hear from in the missions) that is going to be executed for desertion and his old commander talking about the war - CoH 2 has replaced exciting and interesting character development and artistic cut scenes for a character you'll never see in-game and mediocre between mission cut scenes. There's almost no continuity between missions, in the original CoH you'd get a patriotic and informative brief (so you know what's going on in the grand scale of things), but in CoH 2 it's a case of; a minute cut scene that says "the Germans attacked Russia" and "they get really close to Moscow", from there on it's a case of go there, kill them, we won, fight them - then the level design and gameplay follows this pattern, so what may seem interesting and innovative to start becomes dull and representative in later missions. Yet another CoH 2 mistake is the lack of units, you'll have 2 units that you'll ever really use, your conscripts (infantry) and the T34s (tanks), that's it, you do have snipers (that for some reason only use stealth while they're in cover) and mortar teams etc but what's the point when they'll just get flooded by infantry and tanks? If you want to fight for the Germans, you better go somewhere else, because the singleplayer campaign is all Soviet - you can play as the Germans in multiplayer. Well, you can also play as the Germans in a new feature called 'Theater of War' which, basically, mini-campaigns with about 2 singleplayer missions and tonnes of co-op missions (which is a welcome feature) - but when I realized that my friends weren't prepared to pay £30 for a sub-par sequel, I was left with about 4 hours of German gameplay, max...

Well... I think I've said all that I can about Company of Heroes 2. In conclusion, I'm not satisfied with Sega's sequel on what was a milestone in real-time strategy games. It has lost its strategy and has replaced it with numbers. And has many little 'features' that'll drive you mad, like units flashing their player colour when they're clicked on and all your recruited units now start off-map so you have to wait for them to come to you. There seems to be a never ending list of what's wrong with CoH 2, it's like they got the designs and features from the original games and said "these are good, but, scrap them and let's start from fresh without taking any inspiration from the originals". Plus CoH 2, to me, seems to have been Sega-fied.
  71. Jul 28, 2013
    Thank you, Relic, for creating such a good example of an awfully written story! The way you show Red Army is ridiculous and unforgivable. Shame on you!
  72. Aug 1, 2013
    This game trivializes the history of the peoples who fought to survive the bloody World War II. My great-grandfather was a machine gunner and received several wounds in the arm, but survived. And I was ashamed only imagine what his work and deeds of many soldiers simply doused with mud for the sake of material gain. People praised the game, think about this... What if this game would beThis game trivializes the history of the peoples who fought to survive the bloody World War II. My great-grandfather was a machine gunner and received several wounds in the arm, but survived. And I was ashamed only imagine what his work and deeds of many soldiers simply doused with mud for the sake of material gain. People praised the game, think about this... What if this game would be about your country? Expand
  73. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH. Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH 8 years ago. The exact same thing with slightly new skins and voices. Well whatever I just hope people read this and save their money. Trust me when I tell you it's not worth it.
  74. Aug 4, 2013
    One big pile of lies and distortions. This game turns hisstory inside out, its creators deserve severe punishment! If you have a conscience do not buy this product!
  75. Jul 26, 2013
    Single player campaign is a spit in the face of millions of soviet soldiers who died in that war.
    On the other hand facists look like good civilized guys who lost purely by bad fortune.
  76. Jul 23, 2013
    Company of heroes without heroes... Company of this game is soo sucks.
    Learn history, nazis! Company of Heroes 2 is soo deceitful. I hope, that Hitler comes for Relic in their dreams!
    Don't buy this game/
  77. Jul 28, 2013
    This is very bad game. Huge disappointment for me. Company of Heroes 1 was the best strategy game i ever played. This one is so bad that my head wants to explode. Nothing more to say. Don't buy this, save money for something that is worth playing for 15 or 30 hours. I want my money back.
  78. Aug 1, 2013
    Dear relic.
    Next time you decide to make a historical game, please spend some time learning a bit of history. Well, something besides Joseph Goebbels` works.
  79. Apr 26, 2014
    This is false, anti-Soviet, anti-Russian game that has nothing to do with the real history! It offends the memory of the entire Soviet people (at the moment all the people living in the former Soviet Union), who sacrificed their lives and fought for their motherland, their country, their people, their relatives.
  80. Jul 24, 2016
    No idea how they managed to screw things up so badly, after COH1 being such a great game. I dont really care about single player although it was miles better in first comapany of heroes and even tho the balance was never a realic's strong suit I still preferred the first game in multiplayer. COH2 falls flat on its face with so many microtransactions built in, the best example are theNo idea how they managed to screw things up so badly, after COH1 being such a great game. I dont really care about single player although it was miles better in first comapany of heroes and even tho the balance was never a realic's strong suit I still preferred the first game in multiplayer. COH2 falls flat on its face with so many microtransactions built in, the best example are the commanders, in COH1 theyre were great, all were unlocked and they felt really distinct, all were usable and it was easier to balance them in COH2 you dont have a tree you can choose the abilities from but just a linear progression of either useless or overpowered units/abilities... I feel like the units paths are considerably worse than in COH1 and I never thought I would say such a thing. The whole snow mechanic is debatable imo it doesnt add anything to game game its more of an annoyance than anything. All in all really disappointed on how this one turned out. Expand
  81. Jan 11, 2014
    As a fan of the first CoH, I naturally got CoH 2 in the Boxing Day sales, however the game is unplayable! After the first cutscene the game runs with unplayable frames, dwindling around 25. Considering the graphics have barely changed since CoH 1, this is outrageous. I am sure it's not my Pc, as my specs are better than needed to play the game fine, at least at 80-100 fps on medium. ThisAs a fan of the first CoH, I naturally got CoH 2 in the Boxing Day sales, however the game is unplayable! After the first cutscene the game runs with unplayable frames, dwindling around 25. Considering the graphics have barely changed since CoH 1, this is outrageous. I am sure it's not my Pc, as my specs are better than needed to play the game fine, at least at 80-100 fps on medium. This issue is known, and as soon as I can play the damn thing, I'll give a real review of it, however avoid this game at all costs, at least until a patch comes out. Expand
  82. Jul 15, 2013
    Keeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keepKeeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keep firing directly into their own cover. It ruins the gameplay if you ask me. Oh year, in one mission whilst supposedly being backet up by a friendly army group (in the campaign) the AI keeps attacking the commisar stationed at my barracks when deploying conscripts, hitting and destroying my own buildings. Makes me ask myself if they even bothered to test the game. Expand
  83. Jul 26, 2013
    This game is nazist propaganda. It lies in all. If you buy this game, you help them to rewrite history. Don't buy it. Developers should be in prison.
  84. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All that is told in the game not true! Do not play into it, otherwise you will get a bad opinion about the Soviet Army. Thus, you humiliate thousands of war veterans who shed their blood for their country and defile the fallen. Do not spread fascism and not to distort their view of history. Good luck! Expand
  85. Jul 24, 2013
    I like first COH, but COH 2 has the worst campaign script ever.
    In game the mail enemy isn't Nazi's. The main enemy is angry Commie, killing own soldiers.
    In real history Russians protect own people from Nazi.
    Relic please learn history.
  86. Jul 29, 2013
    This is not a game but an anti-russian nazi propaganda, don't either buy it or download it. The point of releasing this is to brainwash people who don't know anything about history, to make them think that this pice of lie is a real thing.
    P.S.:That's really sad that nowadays younger generation is too lazy to think for their own instead they like to accept any kind of information that media is giving out (that's the aim of goebbels and relic)
  87. Jul 25, 2013
    Campaign scenario is so terrible. This game is lying about the history of my country. Game equates the feat of my people to the crimes of Nazi Germany. This is unacceptable
  88. Jul 25, 2013
    This Nazi game made by Nazis. I would like it to be wiped from the memory of people who played this game. Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  89. Jun 30, 2013
    Even worse than company of heroes 1 Game is the same except instead of usa you have russia.
    Gameplay is still horrible Group of infantry running casually infront of MG nests and not dieing Then they just sprint away Im giving this 1 point of out of pity 50 far too much for this game Should be 5
  90. Nov 21, 2015
    US Propaganda...I am thanking all the Russians and Sowjets for your sacrifices during WW2 and apologize for the western lies that is happening in our mass media (we re calling them "lie press"). And now this game...CoH was not better btw. USA is the hero, remember how they treated indians, black people and japanese in WW2 with their 2 atomic bombs and what happened after.
  91. Jul 25, 2013
    This whole game is a joke, that could lead to a disaster. No one will check the facts, everybody will just accept it in their minds. This game is a nazi propoganda. Single fact: 600 000 Russian soldiers where fighting for freedom of Poland. All game is a lie and pathetic main hero. Russians never surrended, and were fighting for their home, their land, wifes and children. My grandfatherThis whole game is a joke, that could lead to a disaster. No one will check the facts, everybody will just accept it in their minds. This game is a nazi propoganda. Single fact: 600 000 Russian soldiers where fighting for freedom of Poland. All game is a lie and pathetic main hero. Russians never surrended, and were fighting for their home, their land, wifes and children. My grandfather was fighting in this war. I'am spiting in your face, Relic. Expand
  92. Jul 23, 2013
    Storyline is a cold war time propaganda against Soviet Union. Can't say anything about gameplay, but story is a ridiculous lie. Why such a budget was spent on graphics quality, but wasn't spent on historical reliability?
  93. Jul 2, 2013
    Gameplay & graphics are good, but story is terrible and unrealistic. Tons of first-day DLC make it even worse, optimization could be better too... Campaign should be removed and remade from scratch.
  94. Jun 25, 2013
    If you were a player like me that enjoyed fighting the computer more then humans, enjoyed base building, and enjoyed capturing all the points before going for the kill, this is not the game for you....The graphics are not an improvement over the old CoH. I honestly thought that maybe all that playing on CoH online might have meant that the producers of this game would have picked some ofIf you were a player like me that enjoyed fighting the computer more then humans, enjoyed base building, and enjoyed capturing all the points before going for the kill, this is not the game for you....The graphics are not an improvement over the old CoH. I honestly thought that maybe all that playing on CoH online might have meant that the producers of this game would have picked some of the greatness and put it into this game. Unfortunately they failed. they changed the whole design of having to pick your advances within your tech tree during the game. the camera doesn't seem to go out far enough to give you a half decent view. while ive only played as germans it seems the soviet stuff kills me faster then I can kill them. The AI sucks. I was really hoping my guys would have the common sense to take cover... I feel this game was tailored to the multi-player crowd. While that can be fun at times, sometimes you just want to play the AI. the days of building a strong defensive line are over. resources build slowly and while its a nice idea that you can choose what type of supply point you want to make, the cost, speed of construction, and toughness make them less then worthwhile. I don't feel the cost of units on the German side is equal to their effectiveness. overall, ive been looking forward to this game for a few years now. Im sad to say Ill probably keep playing CoH since this game fails to feel the same. maybe if they would have kept the interface the same (or at least similar) I could trick myself into liking this game, but they didn't do that....

I want company of hero's online back... id even pay good money to play that game....
  95. Jun 25, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss. Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge
    Relic! Really?
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge computer power for very little enhancements.

Snipers are worthless, no mines, or sandbags. Buildings look much worse than COH1, the User Interface wastes ridiculous space in worthless unit descriptions.

There are so many steps back from its predecessor, that the snow effects and 5% better graphics really cannot make this game passable.

And the little snow pocket watch. What! This is a serious RTS not Command & Conquer. Timed blizzards are ridiculous.

Very very angry at Relic. Seven years in the making, they could have just added some snow to COH1. Maybe a $10 DLC.
  96. Jun 25, 2013
    Nothing new here except crashes and errors. And I can't seem to get any help for the problems. Company of Heroes was a great game. This one has better graphics and music but a lot of problems. It is a waste of money. Skip It.
  97. Jun 25, 2013
    The performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to playThe performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to play with random players, including laggers, nubs and quitters. In an online match there is always some1 who is kicked or drop in the first 5 minutes of the match, so yeah you end up playing with the cpu or vs the cpu because the amount of people suffering performance issues is huge. There is absolutely nothing better in this sequel. Graphics are almost the same as CoH1. Its a huge waste of money. Probably the guys who did CoH1 no longer work in relic. The game is a huge failure. Also, if you were 1 of those who used to play on maps like gap or scheldt forget about them because you wont see a similar maps on this game. Oh 1 more thing, they also removed the chat rooms. Relic/sega/thq NEVER AGAIN! Expand
  98. Jun 25, 2013
    Relic had A+ programmers working on COH1... and B- programmers working on COH2. They main guy's who were in charge of COH1 have started their own company.... there sense of perfection is missing from this game.

This game looks like a cheap cross between COH and DOW seriously, it has an overall cartoony feel to it Shame on you Relic for making us wait 6-7 years, then serve this up as a sequel.

Overall review.... FAIL. I pre-ordered it, but after the Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta.... I don't even have the desire to install the released game !!!

Seriously the Russian buildings look like logs of poop where's the buildings seriously...

Pure Disgust
  99. Jun 27, 2013
    The game is poorly optimized and can even bring the strong gaming PC's to a grinding halt and low frame rates, The storyline is very boring and although I have only played the first 3 missions it had me falling asleep and was tiresome. The overall UI of the game is not helpful, takes up way to much of the screen and the game it's self has a overall cartoon feel to it. This game is aThe game is poorly optimized and can even bring the strong gaming PC's to a grinding halt and low frame rates, The storyline is very boring and although I have only played the first 3 missions it had me falling asleep and was tiresome. The overall UI of the game is not helpful, takes up way to much of the screen and the game it's self has a overall cartoon feel to it. This game is a MASSIVE step backwards compared to CoH 1 in my honest opinion. I have played over 200 hours of the original CoH and absolutely love the Blitzkreig mod but the health that the tanks have in this game is pathetic... it must take at least 10+ Anti Tank rounds to the side or front of the tank to destroy a tank and even shots to the rear armour are not that devastating. I know that everyone has mixed opinions on the game and just by looking at all of the people giving low reviews and other people giving 10's to even out the bad scores is proof that this game is not quite the game anyone was expecting. I never really enjoyed the beta after getting an invite and having multiple times were I was disconnected from the game when I have an amazing connection and not a lot of people on my network. I guess I will just have to stick to playing the original CoH with Blitzkrieg mode and HD textures... that is 100 times better than CoH 2.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you do not buy this joke of a game... the original game "Company of Heroes" is superior in EVERY way to this game.
  100. Jun 28, 2013
    The game is pretty good, but has an intense amount of problems. The many betas did not solve and made severe balance issues worse. The engine is poorly coded and not optimized for Nvidia cards, and has no SLI support due to poor coding and optimization. The campaign and multiplayer are not historically accurate and are full of a lot of offensive propaganda and such. Do not buy this gameThe game is pretty good, but has an intense amount of problems. The many betas did not solve and made severe balance issues worse. The engine is poorly coded and not optimized for Nvidia cards, and has no SLI support due to poor coding and optimization. The campaign and multiplayer are not historically accurate and are full of a lot of offensive propaganda and such. Do not buy this game unless you have an extremely good gaming PC and are ready for a future pay2win. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)