Company of Heroes 2 PC

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 24, 2013
    Excellent multi-player game. Very long campaign and Theatre of war collection make the game valuable and worth the money. The weather and vision system are excellent additions to the game.
  2. Aug 28, 2015
    You know what? I take back everything I said about this game here. Better late than never. After looking at other user reviews bashing CoH2 on account of it allegedly being 'Russophobic', recoiling in disgust and looking into WWII history a little further, I'd like to point out the following. Again, I'm only talking about the single-player mode as I don't care for the multiplayer in mostYou know what? I take back everything I said about this game here. Better late than never. After looking at other user reviews bashing CoH2 on account of it allegedly being 'Russophobic', recoiling in disgust and looking into WWII history a little further, I'd like to point out the following. Again, I'm only talking about the single-player mode as I don't care for the multiplayer in most games.
    - The campaign does not insult the millions of Soviet soldiers who heroically fought in WWII and does not portray them as cowards. In fact, it does quite the opposite, which you would find out if you actually play it or at least watch a decent playthrough.
    - The way the NKVD is portrayed is well-deserved.
    - Yes, soldiers have to retreat sometimes, and no, they usually don't look forward to dying, especially if their deaths would be meaningless. Shocking, I know. Whether Order 227 was "harsh but necessary" or not is... debatable, to say the least.
    - In the mission 'Scorched Earth', setting your own people on fire is most likely a result of the player's actions, a glitch or just a freak accident. Civilians are told to evacuate in a cutscene, and nothing suggests that you should burn the buildings when the people are still inside.
    - The murder of Polish resistance fighters at the end of 'Behind Enemy Lines' is based on what actually happened to many of them in real life, if they weren't pro-Soviet.
    - 'General Winter' was one of the factors in the Soviet victory. Compared to the Soviets, the Nazis were ill-prepared for the harsh weather. Anyway, the game never said it was the only or the most important factor in the war.
    - Shortages of weapons were not unheard of.
    - By the time of its capture, the Reichstag had not been used for 12 years. Arguably not the best place for a photo op.
    I could go on, but spelling these things out feels increasingly silly.
    Obviously I can't speak on behalf of every Russian who played CoH2, but for what it's worth, I'd like to apologize to Relic (and anyone who read my original 'review') for my initial reaction and thank them for focusing this major installment of the franchise on the Eastern Front. Hopefully this won't be their last game about it, although after all the insults and threats they received I can't really blame them if they or any other developer choose to ignore the topic altogether.
    As for the score, I'm not saying the story is perfect, there has been valid criticism of it, but still, I'd like to do my part in balancing out the appalling number of unfair 0s.
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    One of the best RTS in the last few years. Good campaign, enjoyable gameplay and solid story, Relic did a great job. I didn't encounter any bugs so far.
  4. Aug 9, 2013
    Aufgrund der Rezessionen war ich anfangs etwas skeptisch, ob es sich lohnt das Spiel zu kaufen und in der ersten Minuten beim Spielen wusste ich nicht ob es mir besser oder schlechter gefällt als Coh 1...Doch letztendlich muss ich sagen, dass das Spiel absolut Spaß macht und das einige Punkte der Kritik nicht zu treffen. Beispielsweise stimmt es nicht, dass das Spiel nicht ausgeglichenAufgrund der Rezessionen war ich anfangs etwas skeptisch, ob es sich lohnt das Spiel zu kaufen und in der ersten Minuten beim Spielen wusste ich nicht ob es mir besser oder schlechter gefällt als Coh 1...Doch letztendlich muss ich sagen, dass das Spiel absolut Spaß macht und das einige Punkte der Kritik nicht zu treffen. Beispielsweise stimmt es nicht, dass das Spiel nicht ausgeglichen wäre...man muss sich halt zunächst einmal zurecht finden und dann weiß man auch mit welchen Einheiten man kontern kann etc. Genauso hat das Spiel einige Punkte, die man als Verbesserungen ansehen kann. Z.B. muss man nicht mehr so ewig warten bis man ein Multiplayer Spiel anfangen kann, da man automatisch Gegnern zugewiesen wird. Das erspart einem das elende hin und her aus dem 1.Teil in dem es selten zu ausgeglichenen Teams kam. Also Leute... kauft das Spiel! Es lohnt sich! Expand
  5. Aug 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, try to invent on his true history, all over Europe only you still to believe it,
    we all know what that Krasnaja Armia, she ate soap, stealing clocks and did not know what this bike.
    by the way

you know who invented the bicycle?
    Russian

... in the attic of a German
  6. Aug 9, 2013
    An amazing RTS that manages to preserve the elements that made CoH 1 great, while also bringing entirely new gameplay elements and a refreshing new setting to the table. In addition, it has done a wonderful job of offending a group of disgusting little creatures that attack in swarms with defective mental facilities that are colloquially referred to as "Russians".
  7. Aug 6, 2013
    Very good game, intresting history with real view, nice strategy.I'm not a big fan of stragies but enjoyed playing for few hours. Graphic looks good, weather conditions are a big plus.
  8. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic took the best RTS ever made (COH) and improved it to make the new best RTS ever made.

The game mechanics are unparalleled squad control and AI, enemy AI, map and strategic point structure, weather effects, line of sight, cover, and balance, to name a few. The graphics are amazing as well, and much more polished and fluid over COH 1. Almost every negative review here is

The graphics are amazing as well, and much more polished and fluid over COH 1.

Almost every negative review here is written by some commie who is butt hurt about how the russian army is depicted in the campaign.

If you love fun and RTS games, you won't be disappointed!
  9. Aug 1, 2013
    Personally, a multitude of player reviews are extremely biased towards the historical and "realistic" portrayal of the game. While I only half agree with them, it by no means mitigates the fun I've had playing this game.

While realism isn't the heaviest factor in CoH2, fun is. They've done a great deal to balance the game and add unique styles of play to the game. The environment finally working into battles is a great feature, albeit somewhat rushed in my opinion.

I'm a huge history fan, however I'm NOT the biggest fan of relic attempting to tell a story I'd rather if they just stuck to the facts.

The only thing that'd complete the game fully in my opinion is more free commanders and the ability to make your own commander/doctrine. With the ability to make your own commander/doctrine hopefully being released in a patch or future DLC.

My only solid complaints are the poor optimization, and the historical bias portrayed in the game.

It's a great game, and it's great fun if you're in to the RTS genre.
    I still do believe the first was better, however it's once more as I've stated a great game.
  10. Aug 6, 2013
    So first I want to make this point about 3000 scores of this game are total The history is what it is there are no lies as far as I played. The game should be rated on how good it is. Not on graphics. Graphics don't make a game. Just because the game gets release day dlc doesn't make the game worse. Dlc is optional it should not in any way affect the score of the game. So the gameplay isSo first I want to make this point about 3000 scores of this game are total The history is what it is there are no lies as far as I played. The game should be rated on how good it is. Not on graphics. Graphics don't make a game. Just because the game gets release day dlc doesn't make the game worse. Dlc is optional it should not in any way affect the score of the game. So the gameplay is good it is not bad in any way. The story isn't the best but it is not super bad either. I don't see how you can rate a game like this 0. This game has a user score of 1.5 wtf is wrong with you people. Tell me how can this game be worse than big rigs over the road racing that game was literally unplayable. Expand
  11. Aug 8, 2013
    Everything that doesn’t show Russians as ultimate heroes is offensive to them. No wonder anyway years of post-war communist propaganda twisted so many facts that even now we can’t know the whole spectrum of cruelty and atrocities done by the Red Army.

The reason for the overwhelmingly negative users score: A bunch of closeted Stalinists have rated the game poorly. Stalin was a monster. Apologists for his regime are betrayers to their countrymen and humanity.

This is not to say the game is without it's faults. Other users have pointed these out, extensively. But, seriously: 1.4? (The current average user score on metacritic.) No way. 8.0 (or higher, if the game is patched more)? Definitely.
  12. Aug 9, 2013
    First and foremost, i don't agree with the current started by the russian community, that is completly lacking any constructive criticism about the game itself, only moaning about a storyline in the singleplayer part that is showing the american perspective of the russian war crimes.

While not all what is shown is a true fact, things like soldiers getting shot when they wanted to retreat, war crimes like the massacre at Katyn (google for it fellow russians) and Gulags are a historical fact that can't be denied!

The game itself rates as a solid 8 for me, the gameplay is almost the same as the previous installment, but lacking the content since it had no addons so far. The dynamic weather changes on snow maps add a lot of immersion to the gameplay since you need to constantly micromanage your troops or they will die in the harsh conditions of winter.

If you want a fresh CoH experience and you liked the previous games, this will be a game for you too then.
  13. Jul 24, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoy this game online. There may be a few balance issues... well rather some units being so good that other units become less relevant which causes some units to be overused by both factions while other units are neglected. But all in all the game is heading in a good direction since Relic said they'll take care of Strafe and OpelBlitz. Can't wait
  14. Jul 30, 2013
    Not a whole amount of substance added compared to CoH ToV. The sound is the best feature and includes a well done soundtrack and good voice acting for the units

+15mission campaign that plays like Enemy at the Gates movie meets Red Orchestra +Stellar soundtrack and voice acting +good maps design and water effects the bad -not a whole graphical/ unit improvement -balance a little

+Stellar soundtrack and voice acting
    +good maps design and water effects
    the bad
    -not a whole graphical/ unit improvement
    -balance a little out of whack
    -some people didnt like the anti USSR sentiment in the campaign
    All in all, good game, but maybe not worth $60
  15. Jul 26, 2013
    Beutiful graphics, great engine, wonderful gameplay, and the most important- excellent plot. Fiction is fiction, but THQ really showed how CCCP really played their game, including some truth to their storyline. 10/10 Enjoyed the game, and so I'm hoping for THQ to keep up their level!
  16. Jul 3, 2013
    Company of Heroes2 is a worthy successor to the first game.

don't be foolled by the negative reviews (0/10) because "the Russians are evil" they are just not objective. if you are looking for intense multiplayer matches with destructible terrain, coversystem, flanking, true sight system, commander abilities and ways to customize your play style THIS is where its at. if you prefer to
    Company of Heroes2 is a worthy successor to the first game.

if you are looking for intense multiplayer matches with destructible terrain, coversystem, flanking, true sight system, commander abilities and ways to customize your play style THIS is where its at. if you prefer to decide the battles with few but good orders instead of "out-clicking" your opponent play company of heroes 2.

the only thing this game needs to get the (10/10) is a better singleplayer campaign, but since the "theater of war" mode is filling this gap over the next years, providing challenges and missions from german side this might very well happen over time.

coop missions and challenges exist, but only a few so far. (at release)

at the very least the singleplayer teaches you what you need to know to join the multiplayer fun.
    if you dont invest a little time to learn the basics about the countersystem prepare to lose a lot.
  17. Aug 3, 2013
    Great game got at least a great sequel. High level of performance in the promptness with new ideas and concepts of classical RTS make this game a truly fascinating and interesting. The plot is excellent, reflecting the harsh realities of war, ruthless, I really liked. I note that I am Russian and live in Russia, many Russian this game very satisfied, please do not judge all by squeakyGreat game got at least a great sequel. High level of performance in the promptness with new ideas and concepts of classical RTS make this game a truly fascinating and interesting. The plot is excellent, reflecting the harsh realities of war, ruthless, I really liked. I note that I am Russian and live in Russia, many Russian this game very satisfied, please do not judge all by squeaky Russian upstarts who write bad reviews on this game, we're not all like that. Thank you so much developers! Expand
  18. Aug 1, 2013
    If you read only one thing in this review, read this: The reviews on this page got bombed by eastern europeans that were upset at how the game portrayed characters on the soviet side.

That being said, the game is amazing. If you're a fan of COH1, you'll love COH2. Everything across the board has saw an improvement, and the balance is really the only thing patches are touching on now. As with any RTS, expect the balance changes to continue until COH3 comes out, but as it stands the current balance is incredibly well set up.
  19. Jun 25, 2013
    Company of heroes 2 has taken all of the good things that made CoH 1, refined them, and then added yet even more.

Whilst the campaign came across as a repetitive and numbing, this game truly shines in its "Theater of War" and Online skirmish modes. Battling it out with your friends in Online Skirmish has never felt more visceral and intense. Explosions shred the ground, as vehicles

Battling it out with your friends in Online Skirmish has never felt more visceral and intense. Explosions shred the ground, as vehicles collide with battlefield obstacles, sending broken props flying in all directions, whilst gunfire and mortar fire ring out from every direction. Overall, visuals and battlefield sound fidelity are superb, serving to draw you into the tense, ceaseless atmosphere throughout the course of the battle.

The theme of asymmetrical warfare that was evident in CoH 1 has made a triumphant return, allowing a whole host of fun abilities, commanders, and units to play around with in battles.

AI pathing and vehicle controls have been significantly refined since CoH 1, allowing faster response times and greater freedom of movement throughout the map. However there are still a few issues when controlling large groups of forces, as often times these blobs can bottleneck, causing a degree of frustration.

Theater of War allows the player to play solo, or cooperatively, along the course of World War 2 on the Eastern front, spanning from the initial invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941, to the fall of Berlin in 1945. This mode allows for an interesting historical look at the game, whilst meeting your demands for action, chaos and challenge!

Whilst there is a slightly steep learning curve for those new to RTS, and in particular CoH, I can guarantee that if you stick with it, you'll not only be able to stand a chance against some of the better players, but you'll also have hours upon hours of high destruction fun.

What more can you ask for?

20. Jul 25, 2013
    Fantastic competitive multiplayer. Single player storyline might not be everyone's cup of tea, but this should in no way be detrimental to the multiplayer. Competitive multiplayer is in my opinion the pinnacle of what makes the game so much fun and the focus point of the game. Relic are also doing a good job finding the perfect balance step by step.
  21. Aug 7, 2013
    If it wasn't for the shoddy campaign, I'd give this a 10. It's cliche, and rather corny with horribly led voiceovers. Other than that, this game is great. People like to say that this game is unbalanced, and that the German Reich just sits around and toys with the Russian defenders until they receive tanks, then it's game over. Let's think about this. The Germans WERE vastly superior inIf it wasn't for the shoddy campaign, I'd give this a 10. It's cliche, and rather corny with horribly led voiceovers. Other than that, this game is great. People like to say that this game is unbalanced, and that the German Reich just sits around and toys with the Russian defenders until they receive tanks, then it's game over. Let's think about this. The Germans WERE vastly superior in terms of firearms, artillery, and tank warfare. For the love of God, the Russians were still using a Maxim machine gun, just a variant of the Vickers (British) which was from WORLD WAR ONE. Not only was it heavier, slower, and less reliable, it needed water cooling and required more men to belt feed it. The MG42 was a vastly superior gun, and deserves it's place as "OP" as some people like to call it (Those people being on the wrong end of the barrel.) This game takes place in 1941. The Germans were swooping through Russia, miles a day because of how superior they were. The Russians just couldn't match to that. Everyone likes to complain about the issue of balance, and it's just not balanced like Starcraft II or other RTS games. There isn't a cookie cutter counter to every single unit out there. There's not always a solid answer. If you kids can't realize that, then don't play the game, it's clearly too difficult for you and you just can't handle it. Hell, I've seen a pair of T70's tackle a Panther, the most daunting task I've ever seen, and they succeeded simply because they kept trying. Just because you lose a group of units or you lose a tank doesn't mean you have the right to call this game unbalanced or horrible. I've been on the brink of losing and a rail cannon shot saved my butt, then I marched a line of slaughter straight to their base and won last second. Now let's move to the game compatability issues. I have two computers, an Alienware rig I custom built, and a crappy Dell Vostro. It runs on both, perfectly. I bought the game for $30 (roughly 22 Euros) on Ebay. Just search for a better price, it's bound to be out there. You don't HAVE to pay the full price. Just because it's not free or 5 bucks doesn't give you the right to call it expensive or overpriced. Let's move on to the Soviet commanders. They're not all beasts. They showed how many Lieutenants, and the one in the campaign storyline? So, you're saying those 3-4 men represent the largest country in Europe, and that they're all savage animals who shoot their on men? No. There's corruption in every land. It's not anti-soviet, it's not racist. YOU'RE just not thinking before you point your finger. Order 227 was a REAL order, and you didn't have a choice with conscription. You fought, or you died. That much is true. Just because you can't cope with the extreme culture of another country (that isn't even the USSR anymore and hasn't been for going on 15 years), doesn't mean you can say Relic is racist. The Russian winter is cold. It's REALLY cold. It can kill you. If you can get stuck out there, you're an idiot and you'll freeze to death. Ask Napoleon, he can vouch for it. Just because your men die in the cold, doesn't give you the right to call the weather "broken". Learn to play the game like I have, and you can see how great this game truly is. You kids give up so easily these days, and blame the system rather than realize you have problems yourself that you can't overcome. I'm done. -JP44 Expand
  22. Aug 9, 2013
    Very good game, well done guys) for their fellow citizens ask forgiveness for all that inappropriate behavior, false cries. We are always so in the CIS. Cry for freedom, while they themselves call for a ban on all, alcohol does terrible things.
  23. Aug 9, 2013
    I've been so hyped for CoH2. After playing the open beta, I am convinced this is one of the best strategy experiences you can get on the PC. The graphics are amazing, the controls are sleek, there is just so much depth in everything and it feels good in every way. The pricepoint should not put you away from this masterpiece.
  24. Jul 25, 2013
    All the zero's the game received are probably from angry russians learning that stalin wasnt a good man. The game is very good and is getting patched for balance as coh1 was.
  25. Aug 5, 2013
    Good game and good story. Props to the makers who made a realistic story and good game play.
    I find this game much better than COH 1, i play that as-well, i am still waiting for the rest of the missions and for the pre purchase reward.
  26. Aug 8, 2013
    Great game.

Great game.

As a casual gamer, I put a lot of criticism on a game that is not able to engage me. Company of Heroes 2 does just that. The game brings a lot to the table, cover is usable by units and comes in unique ways such as sandbags, bunkers and even craters created by artillery over the course of the battle. Expansion plays an interesting role in the game because the territories captured by your troops need to be linked to your headquarters to obtain the resources generated by your capture points. This can become an annoyance to the player, or an ally to the opportunist.

If you look at a lot of the reviews, you're going to notice a lot of undue bias. As many of you know, Company of Heroes 2 gained a lot of attention in Russia. Do not mind them. I even read one review claiming mines and sandbags did not exist in the game, which I can tell you they in fact do. These are reviews generated by people who have most likely not even played the game.

The fact is the Soviets were no saints. Neither were the Germans. Both sides were full of normal people thrown into a brutal conflict not of their own doing, but the doing of their leaders. Remember that both countries invaded Poland in 1939 and while the Nazis killed many Jews in the Holocaust, many Ukrainians were killed by the Soviets in the Holodomor. The Eastern front in the European theater of World War 2 was simply a field of battle where two authoritarian regimes battled each other, and forces on both sides had to simply do what they were ordered and what it took to survive. A lot of these war crimes are shown in the game as witnessed by the player are things that did occur occasionally but compacted to fit a a campaign measured in hours. If they ever make a German campaign, I believe they would show the similar war crimes the Germans committed.

You'll also hear about a lot of crashes. I have experienced this, but on a 6 year old console never built for gaming. I'm no technical expert, but the reason crashes probably primarily occur are because the system could never have played the game anyways and was able to load the main menu and cut scenes (which it did for me) before crashing when the game started. Most likely problem is not inherent to the game, but the outdated systems people tried to play them on. Luckily, I got a new system later on that was able to play it, and while playing the game I have never heard any technical complaints from other people. The problem is most likely blown out to the extreme by the game's detractors.

Ultimately, my two largest problems with the game are the story and the small number of units. The small number of units in the game is exceptional however, as a all roles are covered, however it would be cool in future expansions to see more units, and possibly sub factions within the Germans and Soviets to breed more variety in gameplay. The plot itself is not very engaging to the main character, as the distance between the character and the player will be made obvious quickly, and some times the player may ask him or herself if is (s)he the main character or some unseen commander sending orders from the rear. However, it's a decent plot line that you must imagine would have been very hard to write and the gameplay more than makes up for it, as every mission is fun to play regardless of the backstory, which can be very interesting at times.

My final review rests at a 10. It may not be the perfect game a 10 demands but I place it as a step in the right direction for Relic, improvements to the story would be great in an expansion. And as far as World War 2 games go, which are few these days, this game is great and the current leader in World War 2 strategy games.
  27. Aug 4, 2013
    COH2 is a solid RTS with terrifying and gritty battlefield ambiance. In the explosions and gunfire, you can feel the thrill and panic of positions being overrun, of the enemy turning your flank, of ordering your squads into defensive positions to stem the enemy's advance.

A lot of the negative reviews I see have to do with the main campaign and its outcome. Possibly the campaign says things people don't like or agree with, hence a negative review. I personally haven't played much of the campaign, but I've played a lot of the multiplayer, and I can vouch that the multiplayer aspect is fun and well developed.

It's an excellent RTS, though perhaps the price could be a bit lower for what you receive...
  28. Aug 6, 2013
    Je mets 10 pour équilibrer, cause des trolls qui ont du mal avec l'histoire. La campagne est plaisante et captivante de long en large, elle offre un vision réaliste du front de l'est. Les graphismes sont plus fins, la représentation des 2 camps est plus réaliste.

Le gameplay est toujours aussi prenant sans qu'on ait besoin d'être coréen pour s'en sortir. Certes ça manque un peu de nouveautés (A noter que les nouveaux mécanismes de jeux dus au blizzard sont bien pensés) mais la recette est suffisamment efficace pour passer un bon moment. Vu la rareté des bon jeux de stratégie, pourquoi s'en priver?
  29. Jul 24, 2013
    With love to play with Adik. Nazis and to bastards play necessarily. Here in Hell met with Solzhenitsyn. Cutie. He's like my son. Dr. Goebbels
    P.S. Soviet soldiers chase on May 9 devils hell.
  30. Jul 23, 2013
    The performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to play withThe performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to play with random players, including laggers, nubs and quitters. In an online match there is always some1 who is kicked or drop in the first 5 minutes of the match, so yeah you end up playing with the cpu or vs the cpu because the amount of people suffering performance issues is huge. There is absolutely nothing better in this sequel. Graphics are almost the same as CoH1. Its a huge waste of money. Probably the guys who did CoH1 no longer work in relic. The game is a huge failure. Also, if you were 1 of those who used to play on maps like gap or scheldt forget about them because you wont see a similar maps on this game. Oh 1 more thing, they also removed the chat rooms. Relic/sega/thq NEVER AGAIN! Expand
  31. Jul 29, 2013
    I don't get what it takes to give a positive review on this game. It's not even close to the successful first part.
    I even don't know why is it called "Company of Heroes 2" except for marketing reasons since all the Russian persons (except Lev Abramovich Isakovich) in the game are either traitors, either cowards, either sadists or all together combined. If you really hate Soviet people that much, if your name is Hitler, Goebbels or Ronald Reagan than this is your game.
    Probably, the developers wanted to compensate their unability to create a successful game by turning it into an outcrying Russophobe propaganda piece.
  32. Aug 2, 2013
    Company of Traitors 2 Hitler approved this game.
    Perhaps this is the first time when I see something so racist towards Soviet peoples, Russian peoples.
    Such a distortion of historical facts, personally I think the ugly. And please do not say that "It's just a game". You definitely would not have enjoyed such a lie about your country.
    It's a shame to do this game.
  33. Aug 9, 2013
    Privet/Hello

I am from Russian and here we play Company of Heroes 2 a lot. This game simply great. The best thing in this game is feel of battles. Battles look great and very dynamic.

Thanks
  34. Jul 23, 2013
    Sorry this game is a complete disappointment. I've played Company of Heroes 1 and it is one of my favourite games of all time. Now this one plays like it is written by a completely different programmer team. The story is awful, gameplay is dumbed down. Waste of time and money!
  35. Jul 24, 2013
    Stupid game. your writer sucks! He ****s history! Worst game i ever seen. Relic is worst devs in world. We lost you as good developer. Mikhalkov would like this game.
  36. Jul 23, 2013
    Monstrous in its stupidity and irrationality single player campaign. Terribly no-balanced multiplayer. Developers should be ashamed of this game. This game can be considered a "fail of the year"
  37. Jul 24, 2013
    The story is not true and is a complete falsification of the history of Russia and its methods of warfare. The Soviet soldiers did not burn the civilian population of the Russia. Detachments did not shoot the retreating soldiers, and were engaged in catching deserters. Russia won the war and not the detachments of the NKVD, and solidarity and heroism of the population.The people who wroteThe story is not true and is a complete falsification of the history of Russia and its methods of warfare. The Soviet soldiers did not burn the civilian population of the Russia. Detachments did not shoot the retreating soldiers, and were engaged in catching deserters. Russia won the war and not the detachments of the NKVD, and solidarity and heroism of the population.The people who wrote the story, totally unaware of the history of the country, about which they were writing this story. Expand
  38. Jul 24, 2013
    "Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans." absolutly!
    "Russians eating russians, great story, no history at all. Hello, we were people, not orcs! Bugs, frezes, too overpriced. This should be presented, but I have no idea to who."
  39. Jul 24, 2013
    Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans.
    It's shame. Cold War is over there is no reason to picture USSR as Mordor.
    But why to bother and read real history books? Let's just make another game about this terrible unhuman russians.
  40. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic you are a company of nazi. But for the next game i have some ideas for you:
    1) Show how Stalin eats german children.
    2) Hitler with gebbels free a prisoners of Dahau from Soviet Union killers.
    3) Mission with Soviet Soldiers rape german woman.
    4) Soviet soldiers immune to cold wheather
    5) Killing own soldiers gives +100 to damage for nearby units.
    6) Where is Vodka and russian bears?
  41. Jul 25, 2013
    The most bad game of the year! !Russians eating russians you crazy, it's awesome!!!!!
    For people don't buy this save money!!!!!!!!
    Who read really history and books?????
  42. Jul 25, 2013
    I'm sure, Joseph Goebbels would approve this game. Single campaign is impudent and unashamed lie, which give out for the truth.
    I do not understand why you did it, Relic? The Cold War is long over. You had to reflect the real crimes during World War II, not invented.
  43. Jul 25, 2013
    Game with such bad story is politically motivated, so there is nothing to be surprised when people express their discontent.

It's sad when the "west" is trying to justify Nazism. This game the justification of Nazism. Collapse!!1
  44. Jul 25, 2013
    This is what should be the moral monsters that would write such a script? Complete rudeness and ignorance of the history of the great derzhave.Prosto spit in the soul!
    After this game personally for what and when did not buy from you and your Board of the game.
  45. Jul 25, 2013
    Developers have very strange view on WW2 history. Looks like some of the last escaped Nazis are working for Relic now. I am not sure if authors really think that it's historical or they just have troubles with hallucinogens.
  46. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is junk. I feel swindled by Relic and I will be returning this trash the first chance I get. I'll file a chargeback on my credit card if they give me that 'no returns on open box' crap.

The campaign is an insult to anyone with even an elementary knowledge of history. I, myself, am a victim of US public school and even I feel like someone's trying to shove revisionist crap down my throat. What were they thinking!?

Game play is incredibly tedious. AI is terrible, mechanics are ridiculous, and the whole thing just drags on and on. Graphics are very poor and I feel like they were made for someone with a wooden computer.

Waited 7 years to get this garbage. Sigh.
  47. Jul 26, 2013
    About game: it is almost perfect, but it needs two additional missions: raping German women and sending babies to Stalin for lunch.
    P.S. I'm sorry for this score, but KGB will kill my family otherwise. They are already in Gulag, so I don't have other option.
  48. Jul 26, 2013
    for mazeh russia let zeh scenarists hav kancer

russophobia and a set of myths about the heroism of the Soviet people. Developers like the Nazis rather than a Russian who saved their asses. Storyline like the idiots who do not have representation of the heroism of the Soviet people, and read the "historical", "facts" from the books of the traitor and a liar Solzhenitsyn. Russians
    for mazeh russia let zeh scenarists hav kancer

49. Jul 27, 2013
    Shame on you Relic. I have spent money to see how the history of my country is doused with mud. There are thousands veterans still living all around exUSSR so please talk to them next time you wanna make game about Eastern Front.
  50. Jul 24, 2013
    If you guys want an example of how to take something great and turn it into piece of crap then just try this game out. I cant comment about the storyline because i just managed to play to third mission and just uninstalled the game. Why I uninstalled it? The game is full of bugs and doesnt have the same gameplay charm and intensity like company of heroes. Here is an example. I had 5 fullIf you guys want an example of how to take something great and turn it into piece of crap then just try this game out. I cant comment about the storyline because i just managed to play to third mission and just uninstalled the game. Why I uninstalled it? The game is full of bugs and doesnt have the same gameplay charm and intensity like company of heroes. Here is an example. I had 5 full squads defending in trenches (one squad had maxim gun shooting at enemy and other one had flamethrower). A single german unit broke the lines ran straight through 3 squads shooting at it, one flamethrower and machine gun. It reminded me of that movie with owen willson (behind enemy lines i believe) when he is runing through minefield while a tank and 15 guys with aks are shooting from behind and not a scratch on him.

Thank you for getting my hopes up and than shotting me down.
  51. Jul 25, 2013
    Great game for the fans of fascism. Wouldn't script writers be more useful as a soap or a lampshade or leather gloves? These gloves could keep a fresh pint of beer or a Bavarian sausages. Too bad their grandfathers were rescued by the Red Army, too bad they didn't fall into the tens of millions of victims of German fascism.
  52. Jul 25, 2013
    This game did the Nazis and imbeciles. For the distortion of history to shoot these freaks! My grandfather fought not for the fact that it would be a feat mud poured. Sorry for my english.
  53. Jul 25, 2013
    Well, it seems that guys Relic think that showing Soviet soldiers reluctant to fight the enemy unless threatened by execution is "showing their courage" and somehow American and German troops in first CoH managed to go to fight without firing squads behind them. The storyline in this game is abysmal and highly offensive to all Russian people who knows real story of their country and notWell, it seems that guys Relic think that showing Soviet soldiers reluctant to fight the enemy unless threatened by execution is "showing their courage" and somehow American and German troops in first CoH managed to go to fight without firing squads behind them. The storyline in this game is abysmal and highly offensive to all Russian people who knows real story of their country and not some western Goebbels-style propaganda. Expand
  54. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is made by nazis no doubt.Russian soldiers burning down russian houses with people in it?Are u kidding me?Suck a bag of d...s,Relic.This game is just a nazi propaganda.Gebbels would have been pleased to play this piece of nazi crap.
  55. Jul 27, 2013
    Is eat children's for breakfast in Canada? May be every man has nail in his head in Canada? Or is evil Russians make from Toronto ruins? What is the heads Canadians? Only pepsi?
  56. Jul 28, 2013
    Theatre of the Absurd.
    Mad russkies.
    Bears with accordions.
    Nazis occultists.
    Vodka-matrioshka-balalayka.
    VASYA STRELYAI.
    Game-misunderstand in best traditions of Cold War.
  57. Jul 24, 2013
    Orctownorc said it perfectly. And I qoute "To have half the army doctrines also removed as mini-DLCs is an example of the publisher engaging in the worst kind of nickel-and diming, as though this was a free-to play title."
    Sega bought this title when THQ went under and took all the doctrines out and made them DLC to squeeze every last penny out of this game. I paid FULL PRICE for this game and I don't expect to have to PAY TO BE COMPETITIVE in multiplayer with DLC. Sega, you are cheap-ass money-grubbing whores and don't deserve to continue being in business.
  58. Jul 25, 2013
    This whole game is a joke, that could lead to a disaster. No one will check the facts, everybody will just accept it in their minds. This game is a nazi propoganda. Single fact: 600 000 Russian soldiers where fighting for freedom of Poland. All game is a lie and pathetic main hero. Russians never surrended, and were fighting for their home, their land, wifes and children. My grandfatherThis whole game is a joke, that could lead to a disaster. No one will check the facts, everybody will just accept it in their minds. This game is a nazi propoganda. Single fact: 600 000 Russian soldiers where fighting for freedom of Poland. All game is a lie and pathetic main hero. Russians never surrended, and were fighting for their home, their land, wifes and children. My grandfather was fighting in this war. I'am spiting in your face, Relic. Expand
  59. Jul 23, 2013
    If we talk about the plot, it's an absolute lie in the tradition of Goebbels. The writers and creators of the game are probably grandchildren of the Nazis, who were hiding in Canada.
    If we talk about the game, it is worse than the first part of the management and Graph.
    Do not buy it, do not play it, watch out your brain.
  60. Jul 23, 2013
    It's horrible. Just tell me why? How can i evaluate the quality of the gaming process, if during playing i'm being humiliated and insulted! It's my Ancestors! They fighted against FASCISTS! FASCIST killed millions people in my contry, you freaking bastards! How many people where repressed? 150 000 000??? THERE WERE 170 000 000 AT ALL!!! Lies! forgery! perversion! What if Russians releaseIt's horrible. Just tell me why? How can i evaluate the quality of the gaming process, if during playing i'm being humiliated and insulted! It's my Ancestors! They fighted against FASCISTS! FASCIST killed millions people in my contry, you freaking bastards! How many people where repressed? 150 000 000??? THERE WERE 170 000 000 AT ALL!!! Lies! forgery! perversion! What if Russians release a movie where American or Canadian, Europian or whatever soldiers are pictured as cowards and dweebs and bloodthirsty I would never watch such a That's why i would never continue playing this as well. F* you. Hell be with you dear scriptwrighter. Learn the history first.. O! No! You'd better just F* yourself! Expand
  61. Jul 23, 2013
    Writer of Relic, sama real Nazi. The plot of the game a complete lie, nonsense, prana. The story not really a lie. It is better to do these on your Warhammer.
  62. Jul 23, 2013
    Awful scenario, poor gameplay, nothing new from first part, not realistic characters, high price, old DOW graphics, lags, bugs,errors, very bad feedback and support. Awful game.
  63. Jul 23, 2013
    This game is terrible. Total crap.

1. Too expansive
    2. Many lags/disconnects/bad optimisation/leaves
    3. NO BALANCE AT ALL. Everyone play german side (80%-20%) because its easy win vs USSR.
    4. Distorted USSR history in campaign GO TO RELIC with this game!
  64. Jul 23, 2013
    This game is full of bugs.
    This game is full of Nazi propaganda and ideology.
    This game should not be bought by anybody. There is no game at all.
    Thanks.
  65. Jul 24, 2013
    Brazenly lie about not yours country is a bad idea, you should be ashamed, but you will not.
    I absolutely can not understand for whom this game has been made. PG 18, so children will not be able to play it, so it's not brainwashing, and adults are know very well that was in the days of WW2, and they do not believe in this nonsense. This means this game just denigrate the history of my country and nothing else, Relic, why you doing this? thank you for your attention
  66. Jul 24, 2013
    Stupid game. The authors are fascists who need to read the history books. Soviet troops never killed their people. And the Nazis were destroyed mostly by the Red Army.
  67. Jul 24, 2013
    Awful game, awful scenario, relic, you should never make historical games. Waste of money, really high price for such "professionalism" of relic team. Just don't.
  68. Jul 24, 2013
    It's not a game, it's just dirty, despicable, Nazi propaganda. This is a pathetic attempt to expose the Soviet troops as war criminals and aggressors in the war against the peaceful and good Nazi Germany.
  69. Jul 24, 2013
    Wide opened eyes of the protagonist show how much he was surprised by the stupidity of the story in this game. Singleplayer is important part of the game so shame on you Relic and Sega.
  70. Jul 24, 2013
    I completed six campaign missions, but i physically can't play in that nazi-s h i t more.
    This is a spit into my soul and souls of all russian people, who died on this horrible war from nazi hands!
    Relic is a Goebbels fans. I know, you think that you won World War II (open second front in 1944, when Red Army already kicked nazi asses), in your schools teachers teach you this lie. What
    Relic is a Goebbels fans.
    What will in Company Of Heroes 3? "Evil" Red Army attacking "glorious" Americans? Like in "World In Conflict"? Why did you make that disgusting anti-soviet and anti-russian propaganda???
    My great-grandfather passed all World War II, and this game pissed on his grave, and graves of all soviet veterans. "Thank you", Relic. "Thank you" from all russian people. We will never forget this, and we never forgive you."
  71. Jul 24, 2013
    A shame for Canada. The best way to humiliate his country to distort the history of millions of people. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame.
  72. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic, SEGA, I recommend you to buy some history books and study them. A lot of historical errors. Scenario really sucks. I just can`t play this sh it.
  73. Jul 24, 2013
    Awful game, Josef Gebbels would be proud of Relics.
    Breaking News for everyone, Russians foughtand win for their country, families and friends, not because Stalin or NKVD or Gulag. It's nazis came to destroy them, not the other way around.
    Please please very pretty please continue Warhammer40k series, leave the real history alone.
  74. Jul 24, 2013
    Shocking game. Spoil such a great topic World War II! Developers are not worthy salary. The game can and should be prohibited in most civilized countries as promotes Nazism and Fascism.
  75. Jul 24, 2013
    Is there a worse game than this one?
    Zero is even overrated mark for so many lies about USSR and the war.
    Hitler with company are very grateful to canadians for this piece of crap.
  76. Jul 24, 2013
    Campaign scenario is nazi's propaganda
    Nothing new comparing to the company of heroes, save your money for some real games.
    Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  77. Jul 25, 2013
    Worst gaming experiece of the year. This game is wack for real!
    If you dont want to feel pity for your money, don't buy it!
    If you dont want to feel pity for your money, don't buy it!
  78. Jul 25, 2013
    We know that "Soviets kills millions of people". Yes. They are called nazis. Soviet Russia was country of paradoxes. When nazis made genocide of jews, the number of jews was decreasing. When Soviet Russia made genocide of "chechens, ukrainians, tatars", the number of "chechens, ukrainians, tatars" was growing.
  79. Jul 25, 2013
    This game disrupt the core difference between human and inhuman history actors.

Sacrificing the Russian Empire in World War and birthing USSR was miracle and salvation for hundreds of millions people in whole world in coming second War. Just imagine the Russia fail in 1942. Intensified Germany with renewed vigor would unleashed full force of United German Europe military-industry.
    This game disrupt the core difference between human and inhuman history actors.

Just imagine the Russia fail in 1942.
    Intensified Germany with renewed vigor would unleashed full force of United German Europe military-industry. Well known German highly efficiency of war investigations would boost the creation of nuclear weapon in few years.
    The hypothetically fate of England and even America peaceful populace against Germany armed with atomic weapon would be tragic. Remaining people would be slaves of New Nazi Empire under German aristocrat control.

This Nazi reincarnations game reveal America public official politic and are attempting to affect the public opinion.
  80. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. worst game ever! Thoroughly impregnated with racism! Nazism propaganda!
    If it were not Russian, headed by Stalin, the entire western democratic world would be destroyed by the Germans!
  81. Jul 25, 2013
    Worst story ever. It has no logic at all and no connection to real history.
    Pro-fascist scenarists from Relic did their best to make USSR look like crowd of cowards and haters.
    COH 1 was beautiful game, and really enjoyed playing it, but this one is a piece of crap after all.
  82. Jul 25, 2013
    out of boundaries, dirty, russophobian, abusively game. i have no idea how much stupidy needed to create some worst plot for a "historic" game. relic entertaiment, pls, burn in hell.
  83. Jul 26, 2013
    And where is historical truth? This game is a typical brain washing product of the Ministry of propaganda of the Third Reich, intended for slander Sovien Union (in other words, Russia).
  84. Jul 26, 2013
    Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans.
    It's shame. Cold War is over there is no reason to picture USSR as Mordor.
  85. Jul 26, 2013
    terrible game, from untalented people that does not correspond to historical accuracy. A lot of Soviet people were killed for our future, they are heroes, which we should not forget. The game is terrible management, terrible graphics.
  86. Jul 28, 2013
    >Having all Relic WH40K games I expected better value for the price. Bad performance, crashes and silly plot. Portraying of Russians in a "historical" game was ridiculous. Orcs look like a charming persons compared with these "evil russkies".

Totally agreed. Sad but true
  87. Jul 28, 2013
    The story is nothing but a slander against Soviet people and the Red Army. Too offensive for anything else to matter. It should become a commercial failure so that such vile idiotism is not rewarded
  88. Jul 29, 2013
    Stop lying about history of my country! This game have nothing in common with the history of the second word war! Stop doing this or we'll start ding games about past "achievements" of your country.
  89. Jul 23, 2013
    Soviet soldiers to feed the children, old men and women in the defeated Germany could not think that after 70 years raped their feat.Great-grandchildren of the people of the liberator of Europe lay a wreath on the grave of the game developer. RIP Relic
  90. Jul 23, 2013
    The game is bad for one major reason the single-player scenario choke-full of anti-Russian cliches picked from all the pseudo-historical books and movies, such as Enemy at the Gates. The rest is just icing on the cake made out of mistakes: unbalanced multiplayer and poor overall representation of Eastern front.
  91. Jul 23, 2013
    Scenario writers of the game don't know history and was so lazy to find historical documents, and they made stupid and illogical story, and changes the facts. Shame on them!
  92. Jul 24, 2013
    This is a script of Joseph Goebbels indeed.I accuse you of slander memory heroism of the Soviet soldiers, the memory of the fallen soldiers of the Fatherland, I call for a response from the developers and writers, revoke the game and made ​​a public apology to the people that you are so unceremoniously trampled on in your game.
  93. Jul 24, 2013
    Seriously, did you hope that the game with one publisher which is former nazi ally would release a trustworthy game about its opponent by whom this publisher's nation was defeated?! It is a pure lie about great nation which united as one brought defeat to a brown plague It is big, filthy lie about great act of bravery which our nation had done for a World. It is not a company of heroes, itSeriously, did you hope that the game with one publisher which is former nazi ally would release a trustworthy game about its opponent by whom this publisher's nation was defeated?! It is a pure lie about great nation which united as one brought defeat to a brown plague It is big, filthy lie about great act of bravery which our nation had done for a World. It is not a company of heroes, it is pure "NaziCraft". Expand
  94. Jul 24, 2013
    Anti humanity scenario writed from the memories of an average Nazi general. Nothing similar with the real history. Dont buy this game! Hitler must be pleased with this
  95. Jul 24, 2013
    You misrepresented the history of a great country, We, Russian, Ukrainians, Belarusians, Caucasians, and all who care about the real history bury this fu***g game. My score 0.
  96. Jul 24, 2013
    It is very dangerous game for childrens, because scenary of this game has a lot of big lie about USSR. Every man, who knows history of the USSR hate this game and her developers.
  97. Jul 24, 2013
    Nazi propaganda. I mean who the hell decide to put that story in game? it very low quality.
    Ok it just story who care about it? but in multiplayer it still same. Please rename game to Company of Cowards.
  98. Jul 24, 2013
    Who was the screenwriter game? Machine random false facts about the history? Wicked Soviet Army soldiers who wanted to fight for his country, a country that wanted to lose, but accidentally Won? Douse slop death-million people who fought not only for their country, but also helped countries allies.
  99. Jul 25, 2013
    Again bad russians.If not, we would not have been liberal in Europe and America.You would all be under the totalitarian rule of Fascists and the Nazis

Also advise you to see this video

100. Jul 26, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is not a game. This is not a strategy. This is an insult to the memory and heroism of the Soviet people. This Nazi propaganda.
    Nobody is forgotten, nothing is forgotten. Greetings from the Сity-hero of Kiev!
  101. Jun 27, 2013
    The game is poorly optimized and can even bring the strong gaming PC's to a grinding halt and low frame rates, The storyline is very boring and although I have only played the first 3 missions it had me falling asleep and was tiresome. The overall UI of the game is not helpful, takes up way to much of the screen and the game it's self has a overall cartoon feel to it. This game is aThe game is poorly optimized and can even bring the strong gaming PC's to a grinding halt and low frame rates, The storyline is very boring and although I have only played the first 3 missions it had me falling asleep and was tiresome. The overall UI of the game is not helpful, takes up way to much of the screen and the game it's self has a overall cartoon feel to it. This game is a MASSIVE step backwards compared to CoH 1 in my honest opinion. I have played over 200 hours of the original CoH and absolutely love the Blitzkreig mod but the health that the tanks have in this game is pathetic... it must take at least 10+ Anti Tank rounds to the side or front of the tank to destroy a tank and even shots to the rear armour are not that devastating. I know that everyone has mixed opinions on the game and just by looking at all of the people giving low reviews and other people giving 10's to even out the bad scores is proof that this game is not quite the game anyone was expecting. I never really enjoyed the beta after getting an invite and having multiple times were I was disconnected from the game when I have an amazing connection and not a lot of people on my network. I guess I will just have to stick to playing the original CoH with Blitzkrieg mode and HD textures... that is 100 times better than CoH 2.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you do not buy this joke of a game... the original game "Company of Heroes" is superior in EVERY way to this game.

1. Pelit (Finland)