• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 24, 2013
2.1

1. Jul 24, 2013
    Excellent multi-player game. Very long campaign and Theatre of war collection make the game valuable and worth the money. The weather and vision system are excellent additions to the game.
  2. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic took the best RTS ever made (COH) and improved it to make the new best RTS ever made.

The game mechanics are unparalleled squad control and AI, enemy AI, map and strategic point structure, weather effects, line of sight, cover, and balance, to name a few. The graphics are amazing as well, and much more polished and fluid over COH 1. Almost every negative review here is

The graphics are amazing as well, and much more polished and fluid over COH 1.

Almost every negative review here is written by some commie who is butt hurt about how the russian army is depicted in the campaign.

If you love fun and RTS games, you won't be disappointed!
  3. Aug 28, 2015
    You know what? I take back everything I said about this game here. Better late than never. After looking at other user reviews bashing CoH2 on account of it allegedly being 'Russophobic', recoiling in disgust and looking into WWII history a little further, I'd like to point out the following. Again, I'm only talking about the single-player mode as I don't care for the multiplayer in mostYou know what? I take back everything I said about this game here. Better late than never. After looking at other user reviews bashing CoH2 on account of it allegedly being 'Russophobic', recoiling in disgust and looking into WWII history a little further, I'd like to point out the following. Again, I'm only talking about the single-player mode as I don't care for the multiplayer in most games.
    - The campaign does not insult the millions of Soviet soldiers who heroically fought in WWII and does not portray them as cowards. In fact, it does quite the opposite, which you would find out if you actually play it or at least watch a decent playthrough.
    - The way the NKVD is portrayed is well-deserved.
    - Yes, soldiers have to retreat sometimes, and no, they usually don't look forward to dying, especially if their deaths would be meaningless. Shocking, I know. Whether Order 227 was "harsh but necessary" or not is... debatable, to say the least.
    - In the mission 'Scorched Earth', setting your own people on fire is most likely a result of the player's actions, a glitch or just a freak accident. Civilians are told to evacuate in a cutscene, and nothing suggests that you should burn the buildings when the people are still inside.
    - The murder of Polish resistance fighters at the end of 'Behind Enemy Lines' is based on what actually happened to many of them in real life, if they weren't pro-Soviet.
    - 'General Winter' was one of the factors in the Soviet victory. Compared to the Soviets, the Nazis were ill-prepared for the harsh weather. Anyway, the game never said it was the only or the most important factor in the war.
    - Shortages of weapons were not unheard of.
    - By the time of its capture, the Reichstag had not been used for 12 years. Arguably not the best place for a photo op.
    I could go on, but spelling these things out feels increasingly silly.
    Obviously I can't speak on behalf of every Russian who played CoH2, but for what it's worth, I'd like to apologize to Relic (and anyone who read my original 'review') for my initial reaction and thank them for focusing this major installment of the franchise on the Eastern Front. Hopefully this won't be their last game about it, although after all the insults and threats they received I can't really blame them if they or any other developer choose to ignore the topic altogether.
    As for the score, I'm not saying the story is perfect, there has been valid criticism of it, but still, I'd like to do my part in balancing out the appalling number of unfair 0s.
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    Company of heroes 2 has taken all of the good things that made CoH 1, refined them, and then added yet even more.

Whilst the campaign came across as a repetitive and numbing, this game truly shines in its "Theater of War" and Online skirmish modes. Battling it out with your friends in Online Skirmish has never felt more visceral and intense. Explosions shred the ground, as vehicles

Battling it out with your friends in Online Skirmish has never felt more visceral and intense. Explosions shred the ground, as vehicles collide with battlefield obstacles, sending broken props flying in all directions, whilst gunfire and mortar fire ring out from every direction. Overall, visuals and battlefield sound fidelity are superb, serving to draw you into the tense, ceaseless atmosphere throughout the course of the battle.

The theme of asymmetrical warfare that was evident in CoH 1 has made a triumphant return, allowing a whole host of fun abilities, commanders, and units to play around with in battles.

AI pathing and vehicle controls have been significantly refined since CoH 1, allowing faster response times and greater freedom of movement throughout the map. However there are still a few issues when controlling large groups of forces, as often times these blobs can bottleneck, causing a degree of frustration.

Theater of War allows the player to play solo, or cooperatively, along the course of World War 2 on the Eastern front, spanning from the initial invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941, to the fall of Berlin in 1945. This mode allows for an interesting historical look at the game, whilst meeting your demands for action, chaos and challenge!

Whilst there is a slightly steep learning curve for those new to RTS, and in particular CoH, I can guarantee that if you stick with it, you'll not only be able to stand a chance against some of the better players, but you'll also have hours upon hours of high destruction fun.

What more can you ask for?

5. Jul 24, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoy this game online. There may be a few balance issues... well rather some units being so good that other units become less relevant which causes some units to be overused by both factions while other units are neglected. But all in all the game is heading in a good direction since Relic said they'll take care of Strafe and OpelBlitz. Can't wait
  6. Jul 30, 2013
    Not a whole amount of substance added compared to CoH ToV. The sound is the best feature and includes a well done soundtrack and good voice acting for the units

+15mission campaign that plays like Enemy at the Gates movie meets Red Orchestra +Stellar soundtrack and voice acting +good maps design and water effects the bad -not a whole graphical/ unit improvement -balance a little

+Stellar soundtrack and voice acting
    +good maps design and water effects
    the bad
    -not a whole graphical/ unit improvement
    -balance a little out of whack
    -some people didnt like the anti USSR sentiment in the campaign
    All in all, good game, but maybe not worth $60
  7. Aug 6, 2013
    One of the best RTS in the last few years. Good campaign, enjoyable gameplay and solid story, Relic did a great job. I didn't encounter any bugs so far.
  8. Jul 3, 2013
    Company of Heroes2 is a worthy successor to the first game.

don't be foolled by the negative reviews (0/10) because "the Russians are evil" they are just not objective. if you are looking for intense multiplayer matches with destructible terrain, coversystem, flanking, true sight system, commander abilities and ways to customize your play style THIS is where its at. if you prefer to
    Company of Heroes2 is a worthy successor to the first game.

if you are looking for intense multiplayer matches with destructible terrain, coversystem, flanking, true sight system, commander abilities and ways to customize your play style THIS is where its at. if you prefer to decide the battles with few but good orders instead of "out-clicking" your opponent play company of heroes 2.

the only thing this game needs to get the (10/10) is a better singleplayer campaign, but since the "theater of war" mode is filling this gap over the next years, providing challenges and missions from german side this might very well happen over time.

coop missions and challenges exist, but only a few so far. (at release)

at the very least the singleplayer teaches you what you need to know to join the multiplayer fun.
    if you dont invest a little time to learn the basics about the countersystem prepare to lose a lot.
  9. Aug 1, 2013
    Personally, a multitude of player reviews are extremely biased towards the historical and "realistic" portrayal of the game. While I only half agree with them, it by no means mitigates the fun I've had playing this game.

While realism isn't the heaviest factor in CoH2, fun is. They've done a great deal to balance the game and add unique styles of play to the game. The environment finally working into battles is a great feature, albeit somewhat rushed in my opinion.

I'm a huge history fan, however I'm NOT the biggest fan of relic attempting to tell a story I'd rather if they just stuck to the facts.

The only thing that'd complete the game fully in my opinion is more free commanders and the ability to make your own commander/doctrine. With the ability to make your own commander/doctrine hopefully being released in a patch or future DLC.

My only solid complaints are the poor optimization, and the historical bias portrayed in the game.

It's a great game, and it's great fun if you're in to the RTS genre.
    I still do believe the first was better, however it's once more as I've stated a great game.
  10. Jul 26, 2013
    Beutiful graphics, great engine, wonderful gameplay, and the most important- excellent plot. Fiction is fiction, but THQ really showed how CCCP really played their game, including some truth to their storyline. 10/10 Enjoyed the game, and so I'm hoping for THQ to keep up their level!
  11. Jul 25, 2013
    Fantastic competitive multiplayer. Single player storyline might not be everyone's cup of tea, but this should in no way be detrimental to the multiplayer. Competitive multiplayer is in my opinion the pinnacle of what makes the game so much fun and the focus point of the game. Relic are also doing a good job finding the perfect balance step by step.
  12. Jul 25, 2013
    All the zero's the game received are probably from angry russians learning that stalin wasnt a good man. The game is very good and is getting patched for balance as coh1 was.
  13. Aug 1, 2013
    If you read only one thing in this review, read this: The reviews on this page got bombed by eastern europeans that were upset at how the game portrayed characters on the soviet side.

That being said, the game is amazing. If you're a fan of COH1, you'll love COH2. Everything across the board has saw an improvement, and the balance is really the only thing patches are touching on now. As with any RTS, expect the balance changes to continue until COH3 comes out, but as it stands the current balance is incredibly well set up.
  14. Aug 9, 2013
    Aufgrund der Rezessionen war ich anfangs etwas skeptisch, ob es sich lohnt das Spiel zu kaufen und in der ersten Minuten beim Spielen wusste ich nicht ob es mir besser oder schlechter gefällt als Coh 1...Doch letztendlich muss ich sagen, dass das Spiel absolut Spaß macht und das einige Punkte der Kritik nicht zu treffen. Beispielsweise stimmt es nicht, dass das Spiel nicht ausgeglichenAufgrund der Rezessionen war ich anfangs etwas skeptisch, ob es sich lohnt das Spiel zu kaufen und in der ersten Minuten beim Spielen wusste ich nicht ob es mir besser oder schlechter gefällt als Coh 1...Doch letztendlich muss ich sagen, dass das Spiel absolut Spaß macht und das einige Punkte der Kritik nicht zu treffen. Beispielsweise stimmt es nicht, dass das Spiel nicht ausgeglichen wäre...man muss sich halt zunächst einmal zurecht finden und dann weiß man auch mit welchen Einheiten man kontern kann etc. Genauso hat das Spiel einige Punkte, die man als Verbesserungen ansehen kann. Z.B. muss man nicht mehr so ewig warten bis man ein Multiplayer Spiel anfangen kann, da man automatisch Gegnern zugewiesen wird. Das erspart einem das elende hin und her aus dem 1.Teil in dem es selten zu ausgeglichenen Teams kam. Also Leute... kauft das Spiel! Es lohnt sich! Expand
  15. Aug 9, 2013
    An amazing RTS that manages to preserve the elements that made CoH 1 great, while also bringing entirely new gameplay elements and a refreshing new setting to the table. In addition, it has done a wonderful job of offending a group of disgusting little creatures that attack in swarms with defective mental facilities that are colloquially referred to as "Russians".
  16. Jul 27, 2013
    At the beginning this should be a game about Space Marines and Imperial Guard. With burning civilians corrupted by Chaos. But something went wrong and half of the content was converted to WWII It was really urgent because it is the only explanation about the storyline and, well, the name "Lev Abramovich Isakovich". Otherwise it was something really stronger than weed.
    I do not know what
    I do not know what was the reason for this "Warhammer-WWII" remake but it certainly can not justify the spit on the blood of heroes.
  17. Jul 28, 2013
    The game does not correspond to historical facts. The writers of the game described some pseudo-historical universe (you can tell an alternate universe). In the course of a single company constantly felt worship of CoH2 creators before the Nazis and Nazism.
  18. Jul 23, 2013
    Company of heroes 1 was/is probably the best RTS ever. COH2 is pure crap. COH2 is a scam to take advantage of the popularity of COH1. The gaming company, relic, is crooked and offers terrible support for there games so buying COH2 is not a good investment.
  19. Aug 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, try to invent on his true history, all over Europe only you still to believe it,
    we all know what that Krasnaja Armia, she ate soap, stealing clocks and did not know what this bike.
    by the way

you know who invented the bicycle?
    Russian

... in the attic of a German
  20. Jul 23, 2013
    Excuse me, are you serious? Contribution to the victory of the Soviet Union undeniable, so you can not just throw mud story. Even if it is someone else's.
  21. Jul 23, 2013
    I have one piece of advice for developers Learn the history before creating such a****! Otherwise, menacing and terrible Ivan-destroyer will come and you will be punished!
  22. Jul 24, 2013
    Terrible game. It has nothing looking like real historical facts.Everything is lie! Creator of this game must be burnt in the hell. And their friend Hitler will be their neighbour.
  23. Jul 27, 2013
    Disgusting russophobic piece of code. "Red Alert" is more historically accurate. Authors don't know anything about Russia or USSR rather than usual Cold War BritishAmerican propaganda cliches: "Russians are man-eating bloodthirsty no-brained orcs and they are always bad". And this is another piece of such russophobic propaganda. I hope, demonic Cossacks and bear cavalry will be added inDisgusting russophobic piece of code. "Red Alert" is more historically accurate. Authors don't know anything about Russia or USSR rather than usual Cold War BritishAmerican propaganda cliches: "Russians are man-eating bloodthirsty no-brained orcs and they are always bad". And this is another piece of such russophobic propaganda. I hope, demonic Cossacks and bear cavalry will be added in the next patch, cause the game isn't realistic enough without them. Expand
  24. Jul 23, 2013
    Monstrous in its stupidity and irrationality single player campaign. Terribly no-balanced multiplayer. Developers should be ashamed of this game. This game can be considered a "fail of the year"
  25. Jul 23, 2013
    Just spit in the soul. Thanks Relic

Я, Relic Героях.
    "ибо его."(Матф.16:24-28)
  26. Aug 4, 2013
    I usually buy the game, after reading the reviews and comments. Then meet with the gameplay and story. In this game, the lack of basic common sense to buy it because of what infamy not recommend to anyone., There are lot of people in Russia who love and remember their history. And a lot of players who like to play computer games based on World War II. I found more than 3000 negativeI usually buy the game, after reading the reviews and comments. Then meet with the gameplay and story. In this game, the lack of basic common sense to buy it because of what infamy not recommend to anyone., There are lot of people in Russia who love and remember their history. And a lot of players who like to play computer games based on World War II. I found more than 3000 negative reviews, and join them. The number of potential buyers who have not bought the game because of the presence of delirium in the story (but who do not want specifically to climb to the site and put "dislikes") is thousands of times more. Steam games on sale for 799 rubles. Let the creators mul-tiply the number of potential buyers on the value and bite your elbows. And after making a normal story, the number of sold copies could be increased by several times! Only due to the failure in Russia they have not reached the mini-mum quarter of a million dollars, and could collect three or four times as much! I think, it may be increased by an order.
    I know how my grandfathers fought and for which they received military awards. One of them was wounded twice in the war. They stopped the Nazis due to their proficiency and courage, and I can not afford to let any monsters maligned the memory of them. They are rest in peace now and eternal glory, but the creators of this game I wish bankruptcy and oblivion!
  27. Aug 6, 2013
    So first I want to make this point about 3000 scores of this game are total The history is what it is there are no lies as far as I played. The game should be rated on how good it is. Not on graphics. Graphics don't make a game. Just because the game gets release day dlc doesn't make the game worse. Dlc is optional it should not in any way affect the score of the game. So the gameplay isSo first I want to make this point about 3000 scores of this game are total The history is what it is there are no lies as far as I played. The game should be rated on how good it is. Not on graphics. Graphics don't make a game. Just because the game gets release day dlc doesn't make the game worse. Dlc is optional it should not in any way affect the score of the game. So the gameplay is good it is not bad in any way. The story isn't the best but it is not super bad either. I don't see how you can rate a game like this 0. This game has a user score of 1.5 wtf is wrong with you people. Tell me how can this game be worse than big rigs over the road racing that game was literally unplayable. Expand
  28. Aug 3, 2013
    Great game got at least a great sequel. High level of performance in the promptness with new ideas and concepts of classical RTS make this game a truly fascinating and interesting. The plot is excellent, reflecting the harsh realities of war, ruthless, I really liked. I note that I am Russian and live in Russia, many Russian this game very satisfied, please do not judge all by squeakyGreat game got at least a great sequel. High level of performance in the promptness with new ideas and concepts of classical RTS make this game a truly fascinating and interesting. The plot is excellent, reflecting the harsh realities of war, ruthless, I really liked. I note that I am Russian and live in Russia, many Russian this game very satisfied, please do not judge all by squeaky Russian upstarts who write bad reviews on this game, we're not all like that. Thank you so much developers! Expand
  29. Jul 24, 2013
    Game completely distorts the history of the WWII and offends the feelings of Russian, do you are avenge the loss in hockey 30 years ago? shame on you relic!!!
  30. Jul 24, 2013
    Game developers too fond of Nazis. The entire game is imbued with hatred for the Soviet soldiers that defeated fascism. Stalin did not like the gift rastrelivat moral monsters. Too bad he came to Canada.
  31. Jul 24, 2013
    This is not a game, it's a slap in the face. My ancestors put health, youth and life is not for seventy years later, the descendants of those for whose freedom they fought, and watered them and their slop feat.

I apologize for my English.
  32. Jul 24, 2013
    As a huge fan of the first COH and Relic's long list of AAA titles, I really expected to like this game. For all the reason others have listed, this game is monumental let down. I liken its failure to that of Diablo 3; we waited how long for this?

Pay to win day one DLC on a game I just bought for $60. Shameful single player story and gameplay. Massively imbalanced multiplayer. There is no reason anyone should buy this game. Save your cash fellow gamers.
  33. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is a piece of anti-Soviet and anti-Russian propaganda. It insults any Russian and humiliates the memory of the fallen warriors. Wake up, guys, the Cold War ended more than 20 years ago.
  34. Jul 24, 2013
    Okay, okay Games from Nazi Germany for a long time did not come out. Finally it came out, Goebbels happy. Advise developers to open at least once in life history textbook, disgusting game.
  35. Jul 24, 2013
    It seems that the story of this game came up with Dr. Goebbels himself. The developers of this game so much hate Russia and Germany love that they are ready for any lie?
  36. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic you are a company of nazi. But for the next game i have some ideas for you:
  37. Jul 24, 2013
    wow doctor Gebbles and Adolf Hitler would be so proud...anti Russian propaganda is just overflowing... I mean really... game called "Stalin against Martians" has more historical reality than this.... "game"
  38. Jul 24, 2013
    Orctownorc said it perfectly. And I qoute "To have half the army doctrines also removed as mini-DLCs is an example of the publisher engaging in the worst kind of nickel-and diming, as though this was a free-to play title."
    Sega bought this title when THQ went under and took all the doctrines out and made them DLC to squeeze every last penny out of this game. I paid FULL PRICE for this game and I don't expect to have to PAY TO BE COMPETITIVE in multiplayer with DLC. Sega, you are cheap-ass money-grubbing whores and don't deserve to continue being in business.
  39. Jul 23, 2013
    Writer of Relic, sama real Nazi. The plot of the game a complete lie, nonsense, prana. The story not really a lie. It is better to do these on your Warhammer.
  40. Jul 24, 2013
    Unfortunately, despite good visuals and somewhat engaging multiplayer, the single player campaign is something I did not expect from Relic. As a fan of history I just cannot advise buying this game. Looks like scriptwriters education is based on cold-war propaganda and not on any serious historical research.
  41. Jul 24, 2013
    It's a shame to make such a scenario. Those stamps just based on Nazi propoganda. Stalin is a russian Hitler, he ate thousands of infants by himself.
    I can not understand how they won the war and save us from Nazies, if the evil Soviet Union shot of all the Soviet soldiers.
  42. Jul 24, 2013
    The story is not true and is a complete falsification of the history of Russia and its methods of warfare. The Soviet soldiers did not burn the civilian population of the Russia. Detachments did not shoot the retreating soldiers, and were engaged in catching deserters. Russia won the war and not the detachments of the NKVD, and solidarity and heroism of the population.The people who wroteThe story is not true and is a complete falsification of the history of Russia and its methods of warfare. The Soviet soldiers did not burn the civilian population of the Russia. Detachments did not shoot the retreating soldiers, and were engaged in catching deserters. Russia won the war and not the detachments of the NKVD, and solidarity and heroism of the population.The people who wrote the story, totally unaware of the history of the country, about which they were writing this story. Expand
  43. Jul 24, 2013
    "Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans." absolutly!
    "Russians eating russians, great story, no history at all. Hello, we were people, not orcs! Bugs, frezes, too overpriced. This should be presented, but I have no idea to who."
  44. Jul 24, 2013
  45. Jul 25, 2013
    The most bad game of the year! !Russians eating russians you crazy, it's awesome!!!!!
    For people don't buy this save money!!!!!!!!
    Who read really history and books?????
  46. Jul 25, 2013
    I'm sure, Joseph Goebbels would approve this game. Single campaign is impudent and unashamed lie, which give out for the truth.
    I do not understand why you did it, Relic? The Cold War is long over. You had to reflect the real crimes during World War II, not invented.
  47. Jul 25, 2013
    Game with such bad story is politically motivated, so there is nothing to be surprised when people express their discontent.

It's sad when the "west" is trying to justify Nazism. This game the justification of Nazism. Collapse!!1
  48. Jul 25, 2013
    This is what should be the moral monsters that would write such a script? Complete rudeness and ignorance of the history of the great derzhave.Prosto spit in the soul!
    After this game personally for what and when did not buy from you and your Board of the game.
  49. Jul 25, 2013
    The plot is a propagandistic anti-Russian lie. It would be quite suitable for West teens, taking into account western "beautiful" educational school system, but it's so rude, that even these teens may suspect that something is wrong.
  50. Jul 25, 2013
    The anti-Soviet and anti-Russian propaganda. The Nazis have to be happy with this game.
    Why are they called the game "Сompany of Heroes"? It should have been called "Сompany of Lies."
    You should be ashamed, Relic. You are humiliated and insulted the army that saved their country and liberated Europe from Nazism. The Nazis would have cooked soap out of your directors in a concentration camp if the Red Army did not come to Berlin.
  51. Jul 25, 2013
    Good graphic, good gameplay, but, history a complete lie. Scenario an illogical, senseless and merciless. A lot of fictional, and a lot of it does not match. Scenarist teach history!
  52. Jul 25, 2013
    What was it?
    Sincere error or a deliberate lie?
    Very sad. In the style of the Cold War. Even worse.

"This Nazi game made by Nazis." Or fools. For the Nazis, or fools.
  53. Jul 25, 2013
    false, untrue game. The only judgment that it deserves it's zero, because in this game, nothing other than the historical names. Sorry for my bad Search result used a translator
  54. Jul 25, 2013
    The Apotheosis of idiocy and stupid cliche that try to pass off as a real historical event. Was this game developed descendants of the Nazis, who thus try to change the perception of history?
  55. Jul 25, 2013
    I agree, CoH2 was made by J. Goebbels fans. It has incorrect or rather twisted portrayal of the Soviet Army and NKVD, multiple pseudo-historical stereotypes and inaccuracies. Russians were shown as barbarians, who did not want to protect their homeland and killed more of their own people than the enemy. What a bull****.

I can say that in Russia every family has had a relative who lost

I can say that in Russia every family has had a relative who lost his life during WWII. Not a single family was left without a sacrifice. This game is an insult to memory of those heroes. Shame on you, Relic.

I hope the game will be banned in CIS.
  56. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is junk. I feel swindled by Relic and I will be returning this trash the first chance I get. I'll file a chargeback on my credit card if they give me that 'no returns on open box' crap.

The campaign is an insult to anyone with even an elementary knowledge of history. I, myself, am a victim of US public school and even I feel like someone's trying to shove revisionist crap down my throat. What were they thinking!?

Game play is incredibly tedious. AI is terrible, mechanics are ridiculous, and the whole thing just drags on and on. Graphics are very poor and I feel like they were made for someone with a wooden computer.

Waited 7 years to get this garbage. Sigh.
  57. Jul 29, 2013
    We want COH3!!!
    In COH3 we want to see how good americans and UK soldiers bomb Dresden with refugee.
    In COH3 we want to see how good americans soldiers bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In COH3 we want to see how good americans soldiers rape japanese girls. In COH3 we want to see how good americans soldiers soldier collects souvenirs from bones and tooth of japanese soldiers. How about
    We want COH3!!!
    In COH3 we want to see how good americans soldiers bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
    In COH3 we want to see how good americans soldiers rape japanese girls.

How about this FACTS, Relic? Do you remember this
  58. Jul 26, 2013
    for mazeh russia let zeh scenarists hav kancer

russophobia and a set of myths about the heroism of the Soviet people. Developers like the Nazis rather than a Russian who saved their asses. Storyline like the idiots who do not have representation of the heroism of the Soviet people, and read the "historical", "facts" from the books of the traitor and a liar Solzhenitsyn. Russians
    for mazeh russia let zeh scenarists hav kancer

59. Jul 26, 2013
    This Nazi game made by Nazis. I would like it to be wiped from the memory of people who played this game. Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  60. Jul 26, 2013
    Goebbels propaganda sad triple facepalm. Just watched a review and definitely never going to pay for that.

Why, Relic? Why?! You were such a good dev once..
  61. Jul 26, 2013
    This game distorts people's perceptions of World War II. Such a shame, Relic. I hope this is your last game, because making such nonsense it's just ignominy.
  62. Jul 26, 2013
    Game is not really about WWII, it's another story about how EVIL the Soviet Union was. Nazis there are barely even mentioned. The storyline is all about what monsters russians were (are?).
    The game itself sucks. Gameplay hasn't changed since the first part of series no changes, improvements at all (what for people will BUY it anyway, right?) Graphics are not that impressive at all, considering system requirements which really crazy (I mean not what's written on the box, but what game actually needs to run smoothly).
    Waste of money.
  63. Jul 26, 2013
    I am sorry about my bad English.
    Boring gameplay, awesome graphic for srategy genre, but lies from single player campaign unacceptable for any educated people. I cant play this game, after second mission i removed that from my PC.
  64. Jul 27, 2013
    Shame on you Relic. I have spent money to see how the history of my country is doused with mud. There are thousands veterans still living all around exUSSR so please talk to them next time you wanna make game about Eastern Front.
  65. Jul 27, 2013
    This is a very bad game. The developers, writers and producers of this game are morons. If you like a lie, slander, brainwash play this game. Hitler and Goebbels just love to play it.
  66. Jul 27, 2013
    I was totally disappointed after watching the story in the single player campaign. The title "Company of Heroes" made me think that the story is about heroes which I believe my ancestors were. However, they were pictured as people I can't be proud of and can't follow their examples at all. No more words. I try to be polite.
  67. Jul 27, 2013
    This game is not just looks like it is one ot those games which are meant to mess up your brains and history knowledge, or just kill them both. Even in Germany there are a lot of prohibitions on everything that relates to fascism because they don`t want to remember horrible things which they did to France, Russia and even their own country. And here in canada in less then a century we seeThis game is not just looks like it is one ot those games which are meant to mess up your brains and history knowledge, or just kill them both. Even in Germany there are a lot of prohibitions on everything that relates to fascism because they don`t want to remember horrible things which they did to France, Russia and even their own country. And here in canada in less then a century we see a Hitler`s best fans, stupid enough to quote Goebbels. Which trying to persuade us, that it was Russian soldiers who set houses with alive people on fire instead of recruiting them or I don`t know, just letting them run away and support army in other ways. So it was not great perfect race of fascists who burn Russian people alive when they were out of jews, make sense? Who burn all cities and killed all people on the way of german army? Sure it was Russians, germans just smelled flowers and watch rainbows on their way.

Unfortunately I cannot evaluate gameplay better because this game in highly unstable and crushes or freezes too often and without interesting tactical missions or story I don`t see any reason to beat this dead horse.

As for nazi relic I haven`t seen such disrespect for my country from anything or anyone sane for a long time. My own grandfather fought in this war and returned home with a dent from a fragment of a shell and blind dead eye, but never I heard from him or any other veterans who actually participated in real combat of this war anything like this crap you call "historical facts".

I will make sure to stay away from your future titles and keep away my friends and acquaintance, and yes, we are those people who pays for games we play (even though there are a lot of ways to get them for free). I also inform everyone I can about your attitude toward my country.

And don`t be confused it is not a hate letter. It is despise letter.
  68. Jul 27, 2013
    Sorry for my bad English The game is disgusting. I think that the developers of the Nazis because they RESPECT Germans more than the country defeated Nazism ie the USSR ("certain countries" only pretended that helped to open a second front when he was not needed) All in all the game was terribly false and deceitful it in all that regards the Soviet Union
  69. Jul 27, 2013
    Its Funny how Westerners think they know our History better than us. Am not denying that some of this things did happened on Eastern Front, but to make it seem that it all it was is Idiotic. I am very disappointed with this game. I paid money for anti-russian propaganda. Also stop saying "well its the truth" its not, its the truth of YOUR government and its not Universal. Damn kids.....
  70. Jul 27, 2013
    Propaganda of fascism is not allowed.
    I am deeply sorry that this once respected studio creates games to defame the story of a great people and a great country.
    Justify the creation of such games means to maintain a lie and justify fascism.
  71. Jul 27, 2013
  72. Jul 27, 2013
    I thought it's impossible to make more anti-historic and russophobic thing than the notorious movie "Enemy at the Gate". I was wrong. The creators of Company of Heroes 2 went way beyond thas.
  73. Jul 28, 2013
    Another russophobic fantasy based on another russophobic fantasies based on yet another russophobic fantasies based on Goebbels. Know your roots, Relic.
  74. Jul 28, 2013
    The first part of the game about the heroes on the alien land. The second part of the game about coward russian on his country!!!!! How they win????!!
  75. Jul 29, 2013
    Plot, probably written by a Joseph Gebbels himself, or his most loyal fans, which also makes no sense and is dumber than anything you've ever seen before. Outdated mechanics, nothing new. Game made canadian nazis. Don't buy, don't even download this piece of...
  76. Jul 25, 2013
    The authors insult the memory of the heroes of war.The authors insult the memory of the heroes of war. Expand
  77. Jul 25, 2013
    Well, it seems that guys Relic think that showing Soviet soldiers reluctant to fight the enemy unless threatened by execution is "showing their courage" and somehow American and German troops in first CoH managed to go to fight without firing squads behind them. The storyline in this game is abysmal and highly offensive to all Russian people who knows real story of their country and notWell, it seems that guys Relic think that showing Soviet soldiers reluctant to fight the enemy unless threatened by execution is "showing their courage" and somehow American and German troops in first CoH managed to go to fight without firing squads behind them. The storyline in this game is abysmal and highly offensive to all Russian people who knows real story of their country and not some western Goebbels-style propaganda. Expand
  78. Jul 25, 2013
    Again bad russians.If not, we would not have been liberal in Europe and America.You would all be under the totalitarian rule of Fascists and the Nazis

Also advise you to see this video

79. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is made by nazis no doubt.Russian soldiers burning down russian houses with people in it?Are u kidding me?Suck a bag of d...s,Relic.This game is just a nazi propaganda.Gebbels would have been pleased to play this piece of nazi crap.
  80. Jul 26, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is not a game. This is not a strategy. This is an insult to the memory and heroism of the Soviet people. This Nazi propaganda.
    Nobody is forgotten, nothing is forgotten. Greetings from the Сity-hero of Kiev!
  81. Jul 27, 2013
    Is eat children's for breakfast in Canada? May be every man has nail in his head in Canada? Or is evil Russians make from Toronto ruins? What is the heads Canadians? Only pepsi?
  82. Jul 28, 2013
    Theatre of the Absurd.
    Mad russkies.
    Bears with accordions.
    Nazis occultists.
    Vodka-matrioshka-balalayka.
    VASYA STRELYAI.
    Game-misunderstand in best traditions of Cold War.
  83. Aug 3, 2013
    I doubt that developers of this piece of know nothing about history. They do.

So, they are making propaganda very similar to Nazis propaganda. May be with similar intentions?
  84. Jul 23, 2013
    Continuation of the best leaders were rare dermom.Pro single from the Nazis, and I will not write, others have written here. As for multiplayer it is sooo crude, I do not see any difference from the beta (other than adding the God contrary singla.Goret developers in hell for this
  85. Jul 23, 2013
    Tomorrow these people will make the game which will hang black people, Jews and Asians. It's a horrible, disgusting game propagators of fascism and dehumanize. The creators of this creation should burn in hell next to the soldiers of the SS. We can assume that anyone who has spent money on this crap poddrezhal idea of fascism, racism, the Holocaust, and other similar ideas. Let theTomorrow these people will make the game which will hang black people, Jews and Asians. It's a horrible, disgusting game propagators of fascism and dehumanize. The creators of this creation should burn in hell next to the soldiers of the SS. We can assume that anyone who has spent money on this crap poddrezhal idea of fascism, racism, the Holocaust, and other similar ideas. Let the families of these freaks are burning in hell. You can also note the prehistoric period hideous graphics, animation disgusting. The Soviet Union fiction perfect country, but he was no worse than the dastardly European countries, France and England. And certainly no worse than cowardly and stupid America. Takchto do not try to even pick up this sad Not sponsored fascism and racism in the modern world. Peace, prosperity and good to all. Expand
  86. Jul 23, 2013
    This game is an insult to me as a Russian man.
    The authors did not study history or just idiots.
    I was not able to play this vomit.
    I want to get my money back, they do not deserve them.
  87. Jul 23, 2013
    This is concentrated frustration of authors that get the defensive squad behind their backs to infromation attack to soviet union.

Probably, authors are the zombie sexuals.
  88. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game offends me, my family and loved ones!
    I demand to stop sales and of the penalty a fine on the company!!!!!!!!!
  89. Jul 23, 2013
    Most importantly, this game's plot involves the complex matter as the USSR history in the WW2. One does not simply get a random 'parahistory' book and write a story that sells in millions of copies. The way the game developers see the conflict is disgusting.
    Here in CIS we do believe that WWII was won by the Allies, who do represent the best of human qualities like bravery, cunning, self-sacrificial courage and honesty. The game developers see the best of the USSR as instantly evil thing. It's not like that at all.

Second reason is to protect the young people from that propaganda. Every person should think for itself, but it's difficult to do when you're a teenager. In the CIS countries you CAN buy a box game even if you DO NOT hit the necessary age. So the only way to solve a problem is through you.

And the last reason is to make the game developers listen to the voice of sanity. If you do accept our call, them Relics will think twice before releasing a game with THAT kind of plot.
  90. Jul 24, 2013
    I'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes ofI'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes of mongols in backs if they would not attack, executing those who would attack before they used their whistles, he even made surgery to some of the wounded, that saved their lives, he helped thousands of victims of Bolsheviks who managed to escape from their penal troops, making them new faces and documents, transplanted extermites to those who had 4 or less so they could live.
    Bolsheviks killed everyone, they closed people in houses and burned them alive inside, it was Stalins order as we know now, I even saw this order in museum of WW2 in Toronto. As we know now Stalin was the pure evil, he not only killed 200 million in his own country, but ordered to execute all germans. Nobody survived in territories occupied by Bolsheviks, my grandfather managed to escape from his private clinic where Bolsheviks locked him up with polish partisans who were shot in backs during Warsaw rebellion and whom he tried to help. Only him managed to survive and escape to the west, to territory liberated by our democratic friends, who listened to his story and helped him hide from Bolsheviks. Later, as he said, all territories that were occupied by Bolsheviks were settled by OGPU agents, disguised as germans, so he told me to beware of eastern germans, if I decide to go to Berlin.
    I'm very grateful for finally it is time for the truth even in games, it is sad that game has Mature rating, for every kid should know about heroism of people like my grandfather who fought together with American friends against bolshevism and genocide it brought. Please contact me for more info about my grandfather if you want to make a game about him!
    10 out of 10!
  91. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awful just friggin awful.

92. Jul 25, 2013
    Why do we let canada be a country? xD Cool story, Relic.
    I wish I could rate this with negative score.
    I hope there is a separate cauldron in hell for developers of this "game".
    Cauldron of Hell 2. kekeke
  93. Jul 29, 2013
    bad bad bad bad game based on fictional book collection of liberal, american ang nazi myths. do not buy, do not support developers, avoid at all costs
  94. Jul 29, 2013
    I don't get what it takes to give a positive review on this game. It's not even close to the successful first part.
    I even don't know why is it called "Company of Heroes 2" except for marketing reasons since all the Russian persons (except Lev Abramovich Isakovich) in the game are either traitors, either cowards, either sadists or all together combined. If you really hate Soviet people that much, if your name is Hitler, Goebbels or Ronald Reagan than this is your game.
    Probably, the developers wanted to compensate their unability to create a successful game by turning it into an outcrying Russophobe propaganda piece.
  95. Jul 29, 2013
    Goebbels endorses this game! Relic able to accurately reproduce his speeches. Bravo! On the official forum of the game all the questions about the inaccuracies in the singleplayer ignored by them. Members of the former Soviet Union block by IP-address.
  96. Jul 30, 2013
    As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.

Many will say, "It's just a game, do not treat it so seriously!" And they would be right, if the game was named, for example, "Scum on the war," but the game is called "Company of Heroes 2" Company of HEROES, and represents USSR and Joseph Stalin's policy and events which allegedly took place in Soviet Union during the World War II. If a game of such "quality" was made ​​by historical events that took place in Canada, the U.S., Britain or any other "civilized" country, it would have risen a great scandal, but in this case we see the score of 80 and good reviews. Looks stupid and ugly.

If Relic has ever had an image, then after CoH2 release, it's hopelessly and permanently trashed to the ground and below. Shame on you.
  97. Aug 1, 2013
    All that is new in this game scenario (compared with the previous part). And script Nazi ****.
    If you are a Nazi, hate Russia and all the countries of Eastern Europe this game is made for you.
  98. Aug 1, 2013
    It was a good game, I really enjoyed all previous parts. But this? No history, no tactics, no gameplay. Just "Doctor Zhivago" old crap. According to campaign scenario, Russians had no chance to win the war, all missions are completely illogical. Multiplayer is unbalanced, graphics is old. Complete loss of money.
  99. Aug 1, 2013
    my grandfather cry, if he see you awful history.There is nothing more frustrating that you have done. If you are so you can see our country, our heroes, you are stupid and illiterate people. And no you do not give the right to deface the memory of our heroes and our country.dont buy this game
  100. Aug 9, 2013
    First and foremost, i don't agree with the current started by the russian community, that is completly lacking any constructive criticism about the game itself, only moaning about a storyline in the singleplayer part that is showing the american perspective of the russian war crimes.

While not all what is shown is a true fact, things like soldiers getting shot when they wanted to retreat, war crimes like the massacre at Katyn (google for it fellow russians) and Gulags are a historical fact that can't be denied!

The game itself rates as a solid 8 for me, the gameplay is almost the same as the previous installment, but lacking the content since it had no addons so far. The dynamic weather changes on snow maps add a lot of immersion to the gameplay since you need to constantly micromanage your troops or they will die in the harsh conditions of winter.

If you want a fresh CoH experience and you liked the previous games, this will be a game for you too then.
  101. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH. Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH 8 years ago. The exact same thing with slightly new skins and voices. Well whatever I just hope people read this and save their money. Trust me when I tell you it's not worth it.

1. Pelit (Finland)