Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor PC

• Release Date: Apr 7, 2009
7.1

1. RossH
    Apr 18, 2009
    When you remember that this package was originally going to be 3 separate DLC packs, it becomes horribly obvious why this pack doesn't work. Very little content, most of which is a drastic departure from the original makes this come off as a collection of community mods rather than a professionally developed package. If you've already bought the original and OF, there's When you remember that this package was originally going to be 3 separate DLC packs, it becomes horribly obvious why this pack doesn't work. Very little content, most of which is a drastic departure from the original makes this come off as a collection of community mods rather than a professionally developed package. If you've already bought the original and OF, there's simply too little here to justify a purchase. However, the fact that the title is cheaper than the gold edition, yet contains the same multiplayer content (and more) means that newcomers will find a great way to get into CoH competition for little investment. Expand
  2. BrendanG
    May 25, 2009
    Company of Heroes is a good game but knowing what I know now.... well i wouldn't go out and buy the Tales of Valor. The expansion is good in the introduction of some new things but its not enough, my biggest disappointment was i started the game and poof the campaigns for Tales of Valor are over. Otherwise the game is good, I've not seen flaws in some of the previous ones when Company of Heroes is a good game but knowing what I know now.... well i wouldn't go out and buy the Tales of Valor. The expansion is good in the introduction of some new things but its not enough, my biggest disappointment was i started the game and poof the campaigns for Tales of Valor are over. Otherwise the game is good, I've not seen flaws in some of the previous ones when I'll get a unit stuck on a random object, or other glitches; i'm sure that there are glitches but i haven't seen more yet. Expand
  3. JoeL.
    Aug 28, 2009
    I like this game its very enjoyable and very addictive . The only thing bad is the multyplayer. Time finding game + Game Ballance = Frustration. Its almost like I have to spam certain units to win in every situation. Anyway all in all balancing and multyplayer aside its worth your singleplayer money.
  4. Nov 13, 2011
    During a sale, I purchased the "Company of Heroes Battle Pack," and immediately played this one first. Personally, I liked Tales of Valor the most, because of the gameplay. The graphics are also pretty noteworthy. The single player campagin could have been more exciting, but multiplayer can be a lot of fun when playing with friends. I'm an avid Command and Conquer fan, so I enjoyed this,During a sale, I purchased the "Company of Heroes Battle Pack," and immediately played this one first. Personally, I liked Tales of Valor the most, because of the gameplay. The graphics are also pretty noteworthy. The single player campagin could have been more exciting, but multiplayer can be a lot of fun when playing with friends. I'm an avid Command and Conquer fan, so I enjoyed this, however I find that a major drawback of this game is how long it takes. In C&C, it's fairly easy to acquire an army, a well fortified base, and a good defense. In Company of Heroes, it's difficult to get a defense and an attack force ready quickly. This is because there are 3 different types of "monetary value" you need to purchase units, buildings, and upgrades. Of course, this IS much more realistic, however if you have little time to play and would like to get a game in before you head to bed or work, you won't be able to finish. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes RTS games, IF it's on sale. Expand
  5. Oct 26, 2012
    If you play CoH multiplayer then perhaps this is worth it, but as someone who only plays the singleplayer I was disappointed with it. While the missions are interesting and fun, they are very short--you might get three hours total out of all of them. Maybe. Thankfully I got this on sale on Steam, but I would have been upset had I paid the full $20.
  6. MatthewK
    Apr 19, 2009
    The quality of the new game content is fine, although a bit too easy - the direct fire mode is fun, almost too much so since the game becomes much less tactical and much more about mouse speed, like watching a first person shooter from another camera. This is 5/10 rather than 8/10 since there is a pathetic 4 hour's worth of gaming here in the single player campaign - I don't The quality of the new game content is fine, although a bit too easy - the direct fire mode is fun, almost too much so since the game becomes much less tactical and much more about mouse speed, like watching a first person shooter from another camera. This is 5/10 rather than 8/10 since there is a pathetic 4 hour's worth of gaming here in the single player campaign - I don't play it online and bought on the basis of the quality of Opposing Fronts. I'd suggest anyone planning to do that thinks twice! But if you're prepared to spend the money and you know you won't be kept occupied for that long, the content is still very good. Expand
  7. Oct 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There's nothing significantly new with this second expansion. The nine missions are over too quickly and the new skirmish maps as well as MP features are too limited. Also this expansion would have been worth it for free because of the free huge COH patch that came with this expansion for those who have owned COH Gold Edition or the first two COH games! Expand
  8. RonnyS.
    Apr 10, 2009
    The new "game modes" are basically just a few (and i mean few) new maps, one per mode, and they aren't really good either. The campaign, or rather the Tiger Ace campaign which is the only one i bothered playing was just 3 missions, and the missions were so easy it's ridiculous. You can't really die, and when you level your tank it's gonna be able to fire about 2 shells The new "game modes" are basically just a few (and i mean few) new maps, one per mode, and they aren't really good either. The campaign, or rather the Tiger Ace campaign which is the only one i bothered playing was just 3 missions, and the missions were so easy it's ridiculous. You can't really die, and when you level your tank it's gonna be able to fire about 2 shells every second... Good work relic... Morons. If you play singleplayer, stay the hell away. If you play skirmish vs AI, stay away (the AI is probably still broken, haven't bothered trying). If you play pvp you've probably already bought it anyways. Expand
  9. ThomasR
    Apr 11, 2009
    Nowhere near as good as the previous games in the series. This expansion is total crap aside from the short single player campaigns.
  10. BenA
    Apr 12, 2009
    I was REALLY hoping they'd take this opportunity to fix some of the gaping holes in the unit selection (British anti-tank anyone?) Really this feels like a $5-$10 DLC with a few demo missions tacked on. Not worth the $30 I payed for it at all.
  11. May 21, 2012
    I was expecting the length of Opposing Fronts but instead I only got three missions. The Missions were excellent but this was only a multiplayer addition. The campaign was only stapled on as a tutorial for the new mechanics this game introduces which are few. You will probably NOT play these game modes often if at all and like most people will only play standard multiplayer modes.
  12. Sep 12, 2014
    Just adding to the already best rts ever made, adding new modes new units all worth some play.
    not as good as adding new factions but still a good add on for new play styles for those of us that played way to much.

Worth $20
  13. Nov 12, 2012
    I was expecting something more, I bought it for $5 on Steam, I can not complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Mar 5, 2013
    Tales of Valor simply does not add enough to justify a full-price expansion. There is a serious lack of new units and no new factions. Given it's a standalone title, it's not bad per say but sorely lacking.

1. Play (Poland)
    It is war on a personal level - instead of entire units, battles are fought by carefully selected small groups of individuals. It would be possible to come to know each of them, were it not for the short span of this standalone expansion. [May 2009]
  2. It just doesn't hang together as a coherent package in its own right, and while the gameplay certainly doesn't sully the memory of the original, the thin spread of content is cause for concern.
  3. Gamers who spend the majority of their time in single-player modes should pass this one by. If you’re an online-focused player, though, Tales of Valor provides hours of amusement, especially if the community takes advantage of the excellent mod tools to flesh out the map selection.