Company of Heroes PC

• Release Date: Sep 13, 2006
8.8

1. OlivierJ.
    Apr 19, 2007
    Good Game we feeling almost the suffering of the soldiers.
  2. MikeS.
    Jul 17, 2007
    Its the best rts game i have ever played
  3. JimS.
    Jul 18, 2007
    Delevering a whole new dimension to RTS, this is a stayer for years!
  4. GeorgB.
    Jul 21, 2007
    Its unique, its involving and just plain FUN. Also on the other hand is has an unbelievable tactical depth, awesome graphics, and the sound... its like you're actually there. seriously its that good.
  5. HoldenD.
    Aug 12, 2007
    Another amazing RTS by Relic. I've got a few hundred hours clocked into the game, and still love to play it. It takes a bit to master, but once you do it's insane fun. And to Jon D, a 57mm AT gun would easily pierce the front armor of the Tiger. They are much higher velocity than tank guns. Besides, it's not like the Tiger was armored like a battleship.
  6. JosephH.
    Sep 21, 2007
    Realistic gameplay. Gives more of a feeling as a field commander when squads take cover. Best RTS I've played in years
  7. davisa
    Dec 20, 2008
    This game is exiting if i am so glad i got it i recommend this game highly if i could do it all over again i think i would in this game u can get a bunch of real vehicles and infantry like halftrak tanks jeeps and infanty like rangers medics enginneers ifelt like iwas really a WW2 commander most fun game ive bought in years if u like shooting games, strategy, science ficion or andy other This game is exiting if i am so glad i got it i recommend this game highly if i could do it all over again i think i would in this game u can get a bunch of real vehicles and infantry like halftrak tanks jeeps and infanty like rangers medics enginneers ifelt like iwas really a WW2 commander most fun game ive bought in years if u like shooting games, strategy, science ficion or andy other type of game this is all of them combined plz plz do yourself a favor and buy this faboulous game best ever! Expand
  8. BillN
    Sep 11, 2008
    Simply the best RTS ever made to date. COH features the perfect blend of an 'arcade' and a realistic RTS. You dont have to think too much about what upgrades/stats/abilities to add as they are kept to a minimum, which in the heat of battle you don't really have time for. To get the best experience with COH you must play online. Nothing beats testing out a new strategy and winning.
  9. erikf
    Nov 15, 2009
    Great game. Enough to keep you on the edge of your seat, from building to building, check point to check point, Normandy to Berliin.
  10. MArkMcK
    Dec 23, 2009
    I've been hooked on this game since it was in beta. It is IMHO the best RTS ever made.
  11. MARIOK
    Oct 25, 2009
    The greatest RTS since STARCRAFT .I really love the details of COH that is its strongpoint. The graphics are top notch and the sound too.Gameplay is fast and tactical COHs physics perfectly .Anyone who has a pc buy it, you wont regret it
  12. JackL
    Feb 26, 2009
    The best RTS ever played, Even from what we've seen of Dawn of war 2 cannot match Company of heroes, and with yet another incoming expansion pack adding more machines and campaigns to this box of carnage, It can only get better, Physics is fantastically implemented, AI is fantastic, the squad act not just through morale but simple common sense that many other modern games lack even The best RTS ever played, Even from what we've seen of Dawn of war 2 cannot match Company of heroes, and with yet another incoming expansion pack adding more machines and campaigns to this box of carnage, It can only get better, Physics is fantastically implemented, AI is fantastic, the squad act not just through morale but simple common sense that many other modern games lack even now! Graphics are among the finest to be seen in RTS history, the only other graphical details I've seen that are better would be the new Empire Total war. Relic has grabbed the RTS genre by the throat tore its previous ideas from it's grubby hands and put something far better in it's place. Expand
  13. RobertM.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Not realistic, but when was it supposed to be? Great game.
  14. Seb
    Nov 16, 2008
    A brilliant game in all respects. Pros: - Excellent graphics, physics and audio. - (Very) destructible environments and excellent atmosphere. - Impressive selection of units from the era. - Long single player campaign with good replay value due to medals, various difficulties. - Great multiplayer support including rankings, chat lobbies and friends list. - Cinematic and engaging A brilliant game in all respects. Pros: - Excellent graphics, physics and audio. - (Very) destructible environments and excellent atmosphere. - Impressive selection of units from the era. - Long single player campaign with good replay value due to medals, various difficulties. - Great multiplayer support including rankings, chat lobbies and friends list. - Cinematic and engaging storyline. - Can provide an enjoyable challenge to both the novice and experienced gamer alike. Cons: - AI could do with some tweaks / improvements in rare situations. - If only it had a co-op campaign mode... Expand
  15. Oct 10, 2010
    This game is the best rts i'v seen because its more tactical than most of the rts where you win is who has the most units this rts its how you play the units not how many anyway I find this a good game! =3
  16. Mar 13, 2011
    Definitely best game ever, much better than so many other RTS as theres much more to think about, much more tactical play, and awesome replayability, Fave game still after over five years
  17. May 15, 2011
    This is the greatest game WW2 RTS ever made. Its graphics and ganmeplay are mind blowing and with updates its even better. I hope this franchise is expanded
  18. Jul 21, 2011
    Best RTS ever. Single player campaign is excellent, but the game shines most for 1V1, 2V2. Deep tactical macro and micro. Very strategic, requiring careful planning of attacks. Flanking, using cover, machine guns supressing fire, snipers, tech tree from basic troops, advanced troops, medium vechicles and heavy tanks.

After so many years, there is no other RTS that offers better

After so many years, there is no other RTS that offers better gameplay. Highly recommended.
  19. Jun 7, 2012
    Genre defining game, still standing strong in 2012. The amount of detail on every facet of the game, from audio, to animations, to game play is simply amazing

Some of the connected features are a bit outdated by today standards, but that's to the expected. And with the latest patches installed, this game comes close to a very good balance between the 4 factions available with the expansions.

There are still glitches here and there (units getting stuck in collisions) due to the physics engine used, but the fact that all unit damage is governed by a random factor can make some moments of it the most frustrating or the greatest game moves ever played :).

Replays are being uploaded and commented on youtube and there is a hardcore community built around it with mods and the works.

And let's not forget 2013 will bring us Company of Heroes 2... Well, if THQ doesn't go under in the meanwhile.

All in all, this game has to be played by everyone who is even remotely interested in RTS. I mean, the first mission of the American campaign is a beach assault in Normandy!
  20. Jun 20, 2012
    This is a must buy if you ever thought of yourself as a RTS.gamer. Relic took the genre to another level much like Westwood Studios did several times before. I was realy impressed with the sound and environment destruction in the game. That is something I feel no other title in this genre have been able to match. It would be weird if you did not trash the whole map with these big weaponsThis is a must buy if you ever thought of yourself as a RTS.gamer. Relic took the genre to another level much like Westwood Studios did several times before. I was realy impressed with the sound and environment destruction in the game. That is something I feel no other title in this genre have been able to match. It would be weird if you did not trash the whole map with these big weapons so were is the destruction in other games. They are surely missing this realy big part of an actual war.

Some thoughts taken from my experience in the first Company of Heroes:
    # AI would need to be improved alot cause there were issues with it that made fighting and doing advanced maneuvers a real pain.
    # Multiplayer/LAN were the big thing in this game cause I have always been a player that would want to compete with others. There are big problems with how they have programed the networking. The players without high ping will be set on hold so you cant take action when waiting for the one who is having problems. This is just experienced as latency.
    They also have alot of server problems that still haunt me even now 2012 when the game have had some time to get over these growing pains.
    # Controls would need a overhaul so I can select units easier and not risk to select my whole army cause of their big hitboxes.
  21. Aug 3, 2012
    Although this can be challenging to new players, Company of Heroes offers an experience like no other.
    You play as the US Army in the campaign, and must play to ensure the success of the D-Day invasions. The game is however completely brought to life in the Multi player mode. Here you can play as either the US Army, or the Nazi Wermacht. Each faction has it's own 'doctrines', which allows you to have certain units.

The US Army, for example, has the Airborne Company, which allows you to parachute in elite infantry, and even Anti-Tank guns. On the other hand, the Nazi's can pick the Blitzkrieg Doctrine, which allows the player to call in Elite Stormtroopers and Stug IV Tanks, allowing you to smash into enemy lines, for a final push to victory.

The unit pool is very broad, with many upgrades for your units. For example, Nazi Grenadiers can be upgraded to have MG42 light machine guns, capable of ripping enemy infantry to shreds, or even Panzerschreck Rocket Launchers, to give you the upper hand over enemy armour.

This game is worth every penny, so this game gets 9/10!
  22. Aug 6, 2012
    An RTS with great depth. Number of units, fast pace and unit diversity makes this game a real RTS jewel. I 've never seen another RTS that represents land warfare with so much fidelity. Taking cover behind a wall, flanking an MG, hitting a tank's weaker rear armor, advancing behind a smokescreen, laying barbed-wire and placing a mine smartly are some of the things you don't see together inAn RTS with great depth. Number of units, fast pace and unit diversity makes this game a real RTS jewel. I 've never seen another RTS that represents land warfare with so much fidelity. Taking cover behind a wall, flanking an MG, hitting a tank's weaker rear armor, advancing behind a smokescreen, laying barbed-wire and placing a mine smartly are some of the things you don't see together in an RTS and used to be features of FPS genre 'till CoH's release. The game features a Campaign (US faction only which is nicely done, still scripted) which serves well as a tutorial to the game's mechanics, Skirmishes against AI opponents which from one point on seems easy cause of the AI limitations. The game really shines when it comes to online play against other players. The variety of things a human player can do and the variety of your response options are so many than you 'll be amazed. The only "bad" thing is that the learning curve is quite steep and the player community quite experienced after so many years since release which can be intimidating for a new player. Still, if you cope with this, learn from your own mistakes and admit that you 'll count many defeats before saying you know how to play then you have a great game at your hands. Graphics are very good, still amazing after so many years, and sound is great and vital to your battlefield performance. I would recommend it to everyone who likes RTS. Personally, before CoH I 've played many RTS extensively, after CoH I only play CoH and Total War games. Even more recent RTS (like SCII) seems too simplistic for me to bother playing! Expand
  23. Nov 23, 2012
    Simply the best RTS ever made, can't wait for COH2. Graphics are still amazing after 6 years, the gameplay is so great and overall it's the deepest RTS ever made with a fast paced gameplay :)
  24. Jan 6, 2013
    I haven't played a war strategy game this good since C and C. If you want immerse yourself in the heat of all out war then this game delivers. Great fun, both playing the campaign or pitting your whits against people on line. Cant wait for the next one. Already pre ordered. The expansions don't really bring much more to the game other than extra teams. Still an excellent Game though. BuyI haven't played a war strategy game this good since C and C. If you want immerse yourself in the heat of all out war then this game delivers. Great fun, both playing the campaign or pitting your whits against people on line. Cant wait for the next one. Already pre ordered. The expansions don't really bring much more to the game other than extra teams. Still an excellent Game though. Buy it and try it. Expand
  25. Jun 9, 2013
    This game Is an AMAZING game. I literally can wait for COH 2! The game play the sound affects are just insane Its very addictive and Its one of those games i could play for whole day maybe more non stop. AMAZING GAME! I recommend this too every gamer out there it never gets old even in 6 years
  26. Oct 27, 2013
    Nothing...I mean absolutely Nothing comes close to this Brilliant and wonderfully creative RTS in our lifetime!! It's 2013 and there are more games coming out with unbelievable graphics and physics, but this is one truly GREAT war-time game trilogy that will NEVER be over-matched or overlooked FOREVER!!!
  27. Aug 2, 2015
    Company of Heroes is probably, (if not already considered), the greatest real-time strategy game of all-time. A must-play for any fan of the genre. Truly a masterpiece.

1. PC Gamer
    Company of Heroes should be on the must-play list of every RTS fanatic out there, even those tired of WWII settings. It's just that good. [Oct. 2006, p.70]
  2. PC Gamer UK
    This is the finest WWII strategy game I've played. Hell, I'm having real trouble thinking of any strategy game that's this spectacular, this intense, this fun. [Oct 2006, p.70]
    The transformation from a idyllic little town into a heap of crushed buildings and burned out husks of vehicles can be shocking. Seeing and hearing major explosions that cause bodies (and bits of bodies) to fly across the screen along with rubble from a nearby building simply puts you more into the battle than any RTS in memory.