• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Sep 13, 2006
8.9

1. Jun 11, 2014
    Another average RTS game. It is a lot of fun until about level 3, where you will die again and again while wondering why your 4 riflemen can't defeat 10 tanks.
  2. Nov 10, 2013
    Great game, although I never got into the competitive multiplayer because I was busy with Age of Empires 3 at the time. The graphics, sounds and visual effects were just stunning and the combat feels very realistic. The online is still up and running and quite alive (through Steam) for anyone looking for a new RTS to play competitively.
  3. Dec 31, 2013
    This is a fantastic real-time strategy game no one should miss. Impressive graphics that successfully portrays the brutality of battles is what i love most about the game, which simply makes me want to keep playing and playing it although it has been 4 years since i started enjoying the game
  4. Mar 26, 2014
    Best RTS i have ever played, and one of the best WW2 game also. Technically great from sounds to graphics. Something unseen before that. Game play now that's where it shines. I won't try to explay how it works, but simply said the tactics are what really matters, sure with huge amount of man power anyone can win a game, but what usually happens is someone who uses all those little thingsBest RTS i have ever played, and one of the best WW2 game also. Technically great from sounds to graphics. Something unseen before that. Game play now that's where it shines. I won't try to explay how it works, but simply said the tactics are what really matters, sure with huge amount of man power anyone can win a game, but what usually happens is someone who uses all those little things like cover, flanking, using strengts of every unit and so on. Just great RTS Expand
  5. May 30, 2014
    It's been 8 years since its release but everytime I want to find myself engulfed in WW2 asmosphere I still find this game one of the best choices. The campaign is well-written, the 2 armies are all-around balanced and the skirmish battles are nicely-done. Except for sometimes units engage each other in very very close quarter but they still keep shooting at each other, which is quiteIt's been 8 years since its release but everytime I want to find myself engulfed in WW2 asmosphere I still find this game one of the best choices. The campaign is well-written, the 2 armies are all-around balanced and the skirmish battles are nicely-done. Except for sometimes units engage each other in very very close quarter but they still keep shooting at each other, which is quite hilarious you would wonder why they won't stop shooting and go on melee mode all the way, but still... One of the best decisions I've ever made getting this game in 2006. Expand
  6. Oct 12, 2014
    This game is amazing! Still playin' Autry and Hebecrevon Missions over and over and over again!
    Still playin' in 10/12/2014! 8 Years!
    Relic, amazing job!

1. Company of Heroes should be on the must-play list of every RTS fanatic out there, even those tired of WWII settings. It's just that good. [Oct. 2006, p.70]
  2. This is the finest WWII strategy game I've played. Hell, I'm having real trouble thinking of any strategy game that's this spectacular, this intense, this fun. [Oct 2006, p.70]
    The transformation from a idyllic little town into a heap of crushed buildings and burned out husks of vehicles can be shocking. Seeing and hearing major explosions that cause bodies (and bits of bodies) to fly across the screen along with rubble from a nearby building simply puts you more into the battle than any RTS in memory.