7.8

1. Sep 10, 2013
    This game, like the earlier games in the counter strike series is just great. It keeps all he competitiveness and skill that was involved in counter strike source. But keep in mind, this game is mainly a big reskin of source with a few new upgrades that make it a bit more interesting, for $15 you can't go wrong. I still personally prefer Counter strike source to this game, but this gameThis game, like the earlier games in the counter strike series is just great. It keeps all he competitiveness and skill that was involved in counter strike source. But keep in mind, this game is mainly a big reskin of source with a few new upgrades that make it a bit more interesting, for $15 you can't go wrong. I still personally prefer Counter strike source to this game, but this game definitely does come close, GO BUY IT! Expand
  2. Dec 22, 2013
    This is a great game, people who aren't familiar to the Counter Strike game will have difficulty playing this game. The graphics are not the best but they are good, and the game is fun to play, the only thing I don't understand about this game is why people spend 400$ on a virtual knife, it's just a game! All together, this is an amazing game that I think everybody that like FPS games should play.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Valve didn't make many changes to this game, but if they did, it was for the best.

Overall a very balanced yet not noob-friendly mutliplayer experience.
  4. Nov 29, 2013
    Counter-Strike Global Offensive brings almost everything that CS 1.6 brought when it came out.Classic CS maps,weapons, better sound quality, better graphics and more came together to re-create the Counter-Strike 1.6 atmosphere.For me this game is good and is the best CS game played untill now by me...I need to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of the series but this one is reallyCounter-Strike Global Offensive brings almost everything that CS 1.6 brought when it came out.Classic CS maps,weapons, better sound quality, better graphics and more came together to re-create the Counter-Strike 1.6 atmosphere.For me this game is good and is the best CS game played untill now by me...I need to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of the series but this one is really good!The high frequency of updates and why not cammos and in-game items will give a long life to this game just like Team Fortress 2. Expand
  5. Nov 8, 2013
    The release of custom skins and weapons was a great addition that attracted alot more people into the servers and into the competitive mode as well. The game is great and is updated many times., the community is awesome and the developers listen to their suggestions and some are really introduced to the game. However, the only downside I seem to find is the level of hackers in theThe release of custom skins and weapons was a great addition that attracted alot more people into the servers and into the competitive mode as well. The game is great and is updated many times., the community is awesome and the developers listen to their suggestions and some are really introduced to the game. However, the only downside I seem to find is the level of hackers in the competitive lobbies at higher levels ranks It's almost impossible to not find a lobby with a hacker on your team or the opposite team. Expand
  6. Nov 18, 2013
    One of the best games i've ever played, the maps are great and the only person you can blame for your failure is yourself, because you only die when you make mistakes it does have some balancing problems when you use the public matchmaking but for the price of 13 bucks its acceptable.
  7. Feb 9, 2014
    Counter Strike has always been a very competitive game. Generally all CS games are great but CS:GO takes it to the next level with the marketplace, weapon case, custom weapon finishes, etc. The fact that you can sell or buy stuffs at the marketplace, and also trade with friends adds a huge load of fun to the game. One of the best things about it is the price! Only 14.99$ on Steam for suchCounter Strike has always been a very competitive game. Generally all CS games are great but CS:GO takes it to the next level with the marketplace, weapon case, custom weapon finishes, etc. The fact that you can sell or buy stuffs at the marketplace, and also trade with friends adds a huge load of fun to the game. One of the best things about it is the price! Only 14.99$ on Steam for such a great game and I believe it should be worth about 24.99$ or so. Sure there are some people who might not like the CS kind of FPS experience but I heavily recommend it. Expand
  8. Nov 20, 2013
    I like this version of cs better than the rest. Although the classics are good, I do not like the way the developers are listening to 'pro' players and changing/nerfing certain guns. It was fine at launch. As well as paying for maps is a bit retarded. maps should be free especially if they are maps from the older version of the game as it should be in any cs games, no one should pay forI like this version of cs better than the rest. Although the classics are good, I do not like the way the developers are listening to 'pro' players and changing/nerfing certain guns. It was fine at launch. As well as paying for maps is a bit retarded. maps should be free especially if they are maps from the older version of the game as it should be in any cs games, no one should pay for extra maps, they make enough money from the market. Expand
  9. Jan 3, 2014
    CS:GO lacks decent match-making servers. You will miss shots that you shouldn't have and will result in frustration. However, community servers and services like ESEA will improve your competitive drive and experience. Also, there is a major cheating problem with currently no solution in match-making.
  10. Jan 21, 2014
    Speaking as someone who's only other FPS experience is TF2, CS GO was pleasantly surprising as i have not been foddered up by embarrassingly easy **** Everything, From the difficult but satisfying recoil on every gun to the fact that all the classic mode levels (except Office) are perfectly balanced without being asymmetrical. Valve have once again raised the bar for tactical FPS.
  11. Feb 11, 2014
    Counter-Strike Source was a game that I enjoyed from the moment I started playing it. It was a really fun modern warfare game that showed a new side to the genre in which instead of two armies facing each other, it was more of a game of cops and robbers, or in this case terrorists vs counter-terrorists. Now finally a sequel has been released titled Global Offensive. At first glance, peopleCounter-Strike Source was a game that I enjoyed from the moment I started playing it. It was a really fun modern warfare game that showed a new side to the genre in which instead of two armies facing each other, it was more of a game of cops and robbers, or in this case terrorists vs counter-terrorists. Now finally a sequel has been released titled Global Offensive. At first glance, people may think that it's just Source with more modern graphics. However, under those shiny new graphics, there is also far more to this game lying in its exterior. Because it is a multiplayer only game, it does not have an actual story mode. Therefore, unlike my reviews in the past, I will not be talking about the story. I will instead be talking about its presentation as a whole. So, does this game make its predecessors look bad, or should gamers just keep playing Source until the next millennium? Let's find out. As I stated, this is a multiplayer game, so the entire game revolves around the whole multiplayer experience. This game does not change much at all from the original Counter-Strike games. There are two teams (under tournament circumstances and bot matches, there are five on each team), and both sides can win either by killing everyone on the opposing team, or completing an objective. Different from the originals? No. Is this bad? Heck no! The gameplay of Counter-Strike was what made it so special in the first place. The gameplay still feels fast, furious, fun and fresh after all these years. It manages to keep these old modes, and also add new ones. The new gameplay mode additions to this game are called Arms Race, and Demolition. Arms Race is a mode where players compete for kills and get increasingly more powerful weapons with each kill. The winner is the first player to get kills with every weapon in the game. As for demolition, it is a much more traditional game of Counter-Strike, but instead of buying weapons at the end of every round, weaker weapons are awarded based on the amount of kills that you have. These new gameplay modes are a welcome addition to the game, and add more to Counter-Strike then it ever had before. Overall, the gameplay of this game is as fantastic as it has ever been. The graphics are probably the best of any Source Engine game as of yet released. Everything in this game looks absolutely stunning and beautiful. From the character models to the weapons, this game makes even its competitors look bad. Okay, that might be overstating it just a little. The source engine, though great, does not beat the graphical power of Dice's frostbite engine used for the Battlefield series. That's not to say the games graphics are bad, after all I just said they are fantastic. They just aren't Battlefield's. They are still better than Call of Duty however. The presentation is nice too. The U.I. is done very well, and so is the A.I. The A.I. is very intelligent and does its job very well. It has very good multiplayer servers. The maps are all very nice as well. It has many classic Counter-Strike maps, along with new ones. However, while this game's presentation is nice, there is one big problem that it will never overcome. It will never have the same lasting impact that Source and the original left on the gaming community. Sure it looks better, but it will probably never have the fanbase that Source has always had. This game is still fantastic on its own right however. Overall, I'd say that this game is totally worth buying, even if you have never played Counter-Strike before. That is why I recommend it to everyone who wants to play.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  12. Feb 1, 2014
    Since i don't have any of the counter-strike games that came before this, i don't know a lot about the series, but i'm just going to talk about my impressions of the game.

CS:GO is more a remake of CS:source with better graphics, smart changes to the old maps, new game modes, and some new features. This game clearly wasn't made for everyone, as it is less chaotic than CoD, and most

This game clearly wasn't made for everyone, as it is less chaotic than CoD, and most other modern shooters. New players will have a lot of difficulty with the differences in gameplay. Most weapons have a lot of recoil, which makes them hard to control, rushing isn't a good strategy as you will die quickly, and you have to be careful with your footstep noise. In this way, it is very realistic.
    Although there are 4 new game modes, competitive, in which one team tries to plant a bomb and the other team needs to defend it, is still by far the best and most played one. This is because every match is completely different from the other. Losing a round means earning less money, and less money means less powerful weapons to buy, and because of this, winning the first round gives you a huge advantage over the other team. Killing someone feels better than in any other game, because you know they won't come back, and it shows you that you've learned to play such a difficult game. Because of the system in which you don't respawn until the round has ended, your role greatly affects your small 5-player team. This is done better than in any other game i've played.

Overview:
    Gameplay: 9.5
    The game is very tactical and balanced, and your role greatly affects your team.

Graphics: 6.5
    Although the weapons look cool, the game's textures look pretty dated.

Sound: 8
    The soundtrack is decent, and weapons sound realistic.

Lasting appeal: 10
    This game can easily keep you busy for hundreds of hours.

FINAL RATING: 8.5
  13. Mar 2, 2014
    This game does counter strike well. I wasn't around for the era of 1.6 so this is a good introduction to the series for me. I have fun playing this game.
  14. Mar 11, 2014
    This is the first Game in the Counter Strike Genre i have played.
    Playing alone in competetive is fun but has it's downsides, and thats why i would advise everyone to play with a couple of friends, or a team for that matter.
    and with a low price point at 10 € i have so far gotten 100 hours out of it and im sure i'll play it alot more!
  15. Mar 15, 2014
    I am a old 1.6 cs gamer. and i can honestly say, that i really like this take on it. still the best competetive FPS ever made in my opinion. And the scene is just getting bigger and bigger. One think to mention is the "new" Skin system, which in first i thought was a bit lame. but now i find myself sitting with crossed fingers, when opening skin cases (which you can get after matches,I am a old 1.6 cs gamer. and i can honestly say, that i really like this take on it. still the best competetive FPS ever made in my opinion. And the scene is just getting bigger and bigger. One think to mention is the "new" Skin system, which in first i thought was a bit lame. but now i find myself sitting with crossed fingers, when opening skin cases (which you can get after matches, online, seems to be kinda random). well. Superb game i think Expand
  16. Mar 16, 2014
    It's very competitive and also renovated in comparison with older versions, with very good gameplay.
    One thing I really love is the fact of don't need to have a huge computer power, but I think it can enhance graphics a bit for those people who have a better GPU.
  17. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game that is updated regularly with new weapon skins and new maps, there has been a major upgrade a while ago that introduces lots of map that are new to CS:GO. It's also famous for competition and watching tournaments.
  18. Apr 1, 2014
    This is a great game, although when playing Casual in Defuse, just about everyone plays Dust 2, and that gets very annoying, I am very sick of this map now, but apart from that, a good game overall! Could have more modes (campaign where you could complete online with others? Like steam friends?)
  19. Oct 16, 2014
    Simulator Simulator 2914
    Mexican hating simulator 2914
    HAX SIMULATOR 3014
  20. Apr 23, 2014
    I came into this game with very little expectation for its success, after playing years of CS from the days of 1.3 up until its final release of 1.6 at a competitive level. Its hard to convince someone like me that Counter-Strike could be re-released as a updated version of its predecessor. I feel like failed epicly with CS:Source, that game felt nothing like 1.6 actually it felt like aI came into this game with very little expectation for its success, after playing years of CS from the days of 1.3 up until its final release of 1.6 at a competitive level. Its hard to convince someone like me that Counter-Strike could be re-released as a updated version of its predecessor. I feel like failed epicly with CS:Source, that game felt nothing like 1.6 actually it felt like a completely new game with similar version of maps. CS:Go is probably the closest game so far to bringing back to those days of the original 1.6 with a few perks that actually make it better in some aspects.

Gameplay: Standard fps that isn’t friendly to your run and gun style. It revolves some sort of skill and when you play competitive you will find that its not a forgiving game. It requires focus and team co-operation. This game is made for multiplayer as there is very little single player content. Matchmaking is where this game shines, no longer are players searching IRC and forums or leagues for a scrim or match. You are given a rank that does fairly well at placing you with evenly matched players. You will encounter hackers who will ultimately ruin your experience but if you can see past that the game is very well made.

Graphics: Up to date on today’s standards for computer graphic’s its nothing super special but it doesn't burn your eyes to play.

Replay Value: Considering its completely a multiplayer game and has a competitive (E-Sport) side to it. It comes down to how much you enjoy it, if you do you will find yourself going match after match trying to achieve higher ranks or you will log in from time after time to mess around on a public server. Either way replay value is extremely high.

Overall this game is a win, and if you are into the fps genre it is a must have. It will never replace 1.6 in the hearts of us old timers but it does justice to the name Counter-Strike.
  21. May 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It worths the weight!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Expand
  22. May 17, 2014
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and playCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and play quietly for hours! Expand
  23. May 28, 2014
    will not stop playing this until I make it to global elite.

too bad that's never gonna happen.
    Awesome game, love dust, but my baby from source, Assault, has been changed too much and therefore I must deduct one mark from 10
  24. Jun 3, 2014
    Counter-Strike is THE game.I really don't realize why ppl plays CoD or stuff like that... those games are just random. thats why there's no e-sports anymore around them. Counter-Strike has been the best FPS since its release on 2k. I'd like to see mm servers on 128 ticks and not just 64 which really cracks the game.. btw on lan and private servers this game is really addicting and givesCounter-Strike is THE game.I really don't realize why ppl plays CoD or stuff like that... those games are just random. thats why there's no e-sports anymore around them. Counter-Strike has been the best FPS since its release on 2k. I'd like to see mm servers on 128 ticks and not just 64 which really cracks the game.. btw on lan and private servers this game is really addicting and gives the adrenaline that every game should give, especially talking about fpses. I'm enjoying this game and always will. thanks counterstrike for keeping alive esports despites League of Legends and CoD **** alike. Expand
  25. Jun 4, 2014
    10/10 ruined my life, but there is some wall hackers and aimbotting. but the overwatch system takes most of them out.
    and for the price of 11 euro. it's awesome
  26. Jun 26, 2015
    This game is, by far, the BEST shooter I have ever played in my whole gaming life. Sure, there are games like Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, and more, but CS:GO is by far a long-lasting shooter in its genre. The release date was almost 3 years ago, and in the time span between 2012 and now, there had been, I believe, 2 Battlefields, almost 3 Calls to Duty, and almost 2 angel ringsThis game is, by far, the BEST shooter I have ever played in my whole gaming life. Sure, there are games like Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, and more, but CS:GO is by far a long-lasting shooter in its genre. The release date was almost 3 years ago, and in the time span between 2012 and now, there had been, I believe, 2 Battlefields, almost 3 Calls to Duty, and almost 2 angel rings (Halo). Look at the game now. It had 6 major updates, dozens of eSports teams (like the notorious fnatic or NiP), and 4 major tournaments, all acknowledged by Valve. In fact, a 5th tournament is in August, when the game turns 5 years old. After 3 years you would think a game would die, right? WRONG. In fact, CS:GO will save you a lot of money, because it's still being played. A COD game costs $60 USD (38.10 GBP), with yearly installments. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is 1/4 of that, with only one purchase (excluding weapon skins). That is a long-term savings right there.

In conclusion, CS:GO is a cheap and great FPS game, and everyone should try it.
  27. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is amazing I'v played cs 1.6 for 6 years cs:s for 1 year and cs:go bout 1 year and I quited cs 1.6 bcus of cs:go :) this game is jsut amazing I cant stop plaing it bcus tis fun there is comeptetive and skins u cna trade open cases ant othe rfun stuf os I recomend everybody buing it :)))

-SDC OUT
    Peace!
  28. Jul 15, 2014
    Tactical round-based FPS shooter. As a true fan and player of Counter-Strike 1.6 (3,534 hrs on steam record+LAN) I was a bit skeptical about my decision to move on GO, but I think I'm getting into it.
  29. Jun 21, 2014
    Nice game! Buy all! Very good gameplay, matchmaking and skins!
  30. Jun 25, 2014
    Great game. It was a little rough around the edges when it came out a few years ago but not it's playing great. Competitive mode is where the fun. If that isn't for you there are other game modes. Also, there is a strong community base. There are thousands of custom maps and dozens of other game modes to play. For 15 dollars I've had way more fun playing CS Go than Battlefield 3 or 4.
  31. Jun 26, 2014
    Кому не нравится игра-вылейте себе бочку кислоты на голову!Игра супер!Стрельба крутая,звуки крутые,карты крутые,всё крутое!
  32. Jul 2, 2014
    minus the chatter boxes and nerd ragers, CS:GO brings competitive CS to the masses.

Game play is supreme, dynamic gun fights encounters galore!

Great job development team in bringing the popular custom maps and integrating them into something easily consumable.
  33. Aug 13, 2014
    I played since CS 1.6 and this Game is a Huge improvement.
    Better Graphics better Sound, Better Hostage System, better Weapon Balance and finally a good Hitbox.
    And some new Game modes that are Fun too
  34. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome game. I lost (and i will) many hours in that game. Great graphics, beautiful new weapon skins with the old and good mechanic of counter strike series.
  35. Aug 28, 2014
    A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite).A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite). The graphics are really good and don't strain your PC even on a low level gaming rig. The game is worth its $15 asking price, and seeing as how Valve constantly updates the game, its value surpasses the price. You'll find yourself being stuck in the addicting grind to get better weapon skins and to complete challenge missions to unlock more skins. I'd recommend for FPS fans who play on the PC and who are looking for a good competitive game. Expand
  36. Sep 7, 2014
    [RUS]Counter-Strike это великая классика, а Counter-Strike:Source была крутой и великолепной. Но когда вышла Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, я в неё долго не играл, но представлял какая она крутая.И вот сейчас она у меня есть и она мне понравилась. Графика отличная, музыка потрясающая, всё хорошо прорисовано, модельки выглядят отлично. Появились новые режимы, чему я благодарен. Новые[RUS]Counter-Strike это великая классика, а Counter-Strike:Source была крутой и великолепной. Но когда вышла Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, я в неё долго не играл, но представлял какая она крутая.И вот сейчас она у меня есть и она мне понравилась. Графика отличная, музыка потрясающая, всё хорошо прорисовано, модельки выглядят отлично. Появились новые режимы, чему я благодарен. Новые оружия, новая озвучка. Одним словом-советую.
    [ENG]Counter-Strike is a great classic and Counter-Strike:Source was steep and magnificent. But when I went Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, I didn't play, but was what she kratai now I have it and I liked it. The graphics are great, music is awesome, all well drawn, the models look great. There are new modes, which I am grateful. New weapons, new voice. One word of advise.
  37. Sep 20, 2014
    First of all...All the qualifications of this game are bad...because Valve has done something that it didn´t happen in all the games...and it is upgrade it...New guns, new maps, new events...They have modified some guns and some maps and now are better equilibrate...Now is one of the most sell games in PC every week after 2 years...The community is still growing and there are more playersFirst of all...All the qualifications of this game are bad...because Valve has done something that it didn´t happen in all the games...and it is upgrade it...New guns, new maps, new events...They have modified some guns and some maps and now are better equilibrate...Now is one of the most sell games in PC every week after 2 years...The community is still growing and there are more players every month after 2 years...Maybe when it was released, game mazines couldn´t expect that, but after 2 years, this game should have a 85 or more in both scores... Expand
  38. Oct 11, 2014
    This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo,This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo, Call of Duty) you actually need skillZ in this game, you can't just charge up and hold down the trigger button and expect to win. YOU NEED SKILLZ TO KILL. So basically y'all modern day "gamers" are gonna get pissed and stuff cause it takes too much skillZ only a boss can play this game, not some modern "AAA" gamer. WARNING THIS GAME TAKES TOO MUCH BOSSNESS AND SKILLZ, NOT FOR THE WEAK MINDED 9 YEAR OLDS THAT OCCUPIES MOST GAME COMMUNITIES THESE DAYZ. Expand
  39. Oct 9, 2014
    First Counter Strike game I've ever played, and albeit it had been a frustrating start getting used to the immense learning curve of the game, a couple of Youtube videos later and a bit of practice and I was fine. If you complain about how difficult the game is this is absolutely not, NOT Call of Duty. Excellent game and at a very reasonable $15.
  40. Oct 25, 2014
    Eine starke Verbesserung zu dem Vorgänger "Counter-Strike: Source" - nach über 100 Spielstunden noch immer eines meiner am liebsten gespielten Spiele, in meiner Gesamten Steam-Bibliothek, dass zum Teil auch wegen dieser großartig witzigen Community!

Grafik/Graphics: 8/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Community: 10/10
  41. Apr 18, 2015
    This is how you make an online shooter. Counter-Strike has dominated genre forever. Activision and EA has a lot to learn from Valve. In my opition we don't even need another Counter-Strike. CS: GO is so perfect and there is microtransactions which Valve makes money from.

Counter-Strike will be the best online shooter forever.
  42. Nov 8, 2014
    Believe me when I say, the people giving the negative reviews are just mad that they can't become a Nova.

Valve's Counter Strike: Global Offensive really delivers in a way that's pleasing to us all. The mechanics are optimized to the fullest extent, and the weapons and equipment are properly balanced so there are no overpowered parts to the game. The game is great, and the mechanics are great. The only problem is that CS:GO is practically just a re-distribution of the graphics where they need to be. It brings lots of new things to the table, but even with that, it's just Source with a makeover.
  43. Nov 12, 2014
    firstly id like to thank our lord and saviour gaben for blessing us with this game.

secondly dont play this game and expect to the best straight away. unless you have an extensive cs/competitive fps history you will get smashed in competitive mode. this game requires a multiple variety of different skills and above anything else patience to work within a team that some times will be working against you.

i see a lot of people complain that they cant just run around and hold down the mouse button, to you i say gb2cod/bf/halo. csgo and cs in general requires knowledge of each weapon and how that weapon behaves in certain situations.

if you're looking for a fps that rewards skill, knowledge and strategy then csgo/cs is for you.

the only down side to this game is the cheating and smurfing in comp mode. if valve could implement a better cheat detection system this game would be an 11/10.
  44. Nac
    Jun 24, 2015
    This game has provided many people with a great stress relief function, the offline bots mode. For example, you just played a competitive match, you lost, cause your silver 2, after the banter that happens at the score screen you come to main menu only to realize you are a silver 1 now. You are the worst of them all and will probably un install after, but you decide to play offline withThis game has provided many people with a great stress relief function, the offline bots mode. For example, you just played a competitive match, you lost, cause your silver 2, after the banter that happens at the score screen you come to main menu only to realize you are a silver 1 now. You are the worst of them all and will probably un install after, but you decide to play offline with bots cause you've never practiced on them in your entire counter strike career. You choose the harmless bots option and continue to win 16-0 against the helpless bots. After this you realize that the game deserves a second chance. Therefore the game has a value to you and has improved your look on the game. GG no re, gl hf, ez skins ez lyfe. Expand
  45. Aug 21, 2012
    This is Sounter Strike. If you don't want Counter Strike don't buy it. It is a fantastic game, great balance, great gameplay and even great music. Don't treat this like Counter Strike: 2. And don't treat it like another game entirely. Counter Strike isn't broken so they haven't fixed it. They've evolved it.
  46. Aug 22, 2012
    CS:GO may seem too familiar to those who have played Source, but £11 for a new title is a bargain, especially given the quality. Source felt a bit wishy-washy, with no official modes and servers. CS:GO is not only well-organised but more catering to less experienced players whilst still retaining the essence of what makes counter-strike a proffessional gamer's shooter. New weaponsCS:GO may seem too familiar to those who have played Source, but £11 for a new title is a bargain, especially given the quality. Source felt a bit wishy-washy, with no official modes and servers. CS:GO is not only well-organised but more catering to less experienced players whilst still retaining the essence of what makes counter-strike a proffessional gamer's shooter. New weapons may seem more like reskins but I prefer the simplicity of having no silencers and the properly working stats and decent achievements right from the game's release as oppose to an update 5 years after the game's release or something. Global Offensive's graphics aren't vastly different, but it is certainly the best looking shooter on the Source engine to date, and doesn't look as outdated as it should do for a 2004 game engine. The game seems well balanced, snipers are impressive, the Scout/SSG is no longer terrible and genuinely viable in competitive matches. Blur is added to sniper scopes while moving to balance them too. WWeapons do seem balanced and people use more than just AK, MR, Deagle and AWP. The 4 game modes - Casual Competitive, Classic Competitive, Demolition and Arms Race means there's something for everyone. Sure there's no Capture the Flag but in a game where there's no sprinting, health regen, killstreaks, aim down sights or ability to revive or heal teammates, it's probably for the best. Gun game is finally officially supported, and Demolition simplifies the game by removing the need to buy weapons. I've always wanted to try counter-strike properly but Source was just far too disorganised and had other distractions. Global Offensive brings the classic game into a modern setting without falling into the trap of being a Call of Duty clone. It's still counter-strike, with exactly the same gameplay mechanics as the original, but presented in a more appealing and fun package. It certainly feels more welcoming for newcomers than Source, which is a big plus not only for competitive gaming but for the franchise as a whole. The only thing lacking is Team Deathmatch, however this would require a "Create a Class" which would turn it into CoD. Arms Race fills that spot, and Demolition combines Classic CS with Gun Game. The primary reason why this game is more accomodating is because it was meant to be a port of Source to Xbox LIVE, so obviously some things needed to be changed or added to broaden its appeal. And for the most part, Valve have done a great job. Matchmaking is efficient, bots for offline play are exclellent with decent AI programming rather than the predictably linear Source AI and the package as whole is much more modern as oppose to Source, where it was a case of "too little, too late" when they decided to update it. If you haven't played CS before and want to give it a go, this is the best game. Equally if you are a seasoned Veteran it might make for a refereshing start if you are looking to get back into it. Expand
  47. Aug 23, 2012
    This Game is just great. I played all CS Versions. The game is one of best Games ever made. The new Modes are funny and great too. I didn't see any bugs till now and the game runs very fast. Also I can easy find a Game without long waiting. The Contra is I can't choose what race of soldiers I can play I'm just CT or T. Also the new Buying menue needs some time to understand but than itsThis Game is just great. I played all CS Versions. The game is one of best Games ever made. The new Modes are funny and great too. I didn't see any bugs till now and the game runs very fast. Also I can easy find a Game without long waiting. The Contra is I can't choose what race of soldiers I can play I'm just CT or T. Also the new Buying menue needs some time to understand but than its cool. Great Game and the price for it is very very good. Expand
  48. Aug 24, 2012
    lets see, my favorite game of all time made again? I wonder what I will do... Give it a ten and buy it of course. But seriously, cs and css were some of the funnest games ever made. Lets look at cs:go, fun. yes. community maps? yes. mods. yes. Anything to complain about no. price. great!
  49. Sep 2, 2012
    Awesome. Better graphics, new guns that have been update from CSS, and the game itself is similar to CSS, which in my opinion is a great thing. Hopefully with this release there will be a larger community than there already is for Counter-Strike. I'm not sure if it is similar to 1.6 as I have never played it. Anyways, great game and it's only $15
  50. Oct 5, 2012
    Underrated game, I would probably rate 9, usually the highest I rate, but feel a 10 would be more appropriate for it's overall score. Anyway, the game itself plays very nicely in my opinion, and I find it in many cases more enjoyable than CS:S. I realise that the game hasn't seemed to hit hard yet, but Valve are already adding new maps and features all the time, and it almost feels likeUnderrated game, I would probably rate 9, usually the highest I rate, but feel a 10 would be more appropriate for it's overall score. Anyway, the game itself plays very nicely in my opinion, and I find it in many cases more enjoyable than CS:S. I realise that the game hasn't seemed to hit hard yet, but Valve are already adding new maps and features all the time, and it almost feels like the game is going to get better over-time, since they are famous for delaying games, and it is clear they wanted to satisfy the market. I would recommend that anyone that has bought the game to keep up with updates, major or minor, an in a while, we may have something even more golden for a community to start modding. Expand
  51. Aug 24, 2012
    Good game. It differs from other games of a series a counter strike. It has many advantages, but also there are shortcomings. And instead of watering game by dirt, report about game shortcomings that developers could improve game. 9/10!
  52. May 30, 2013
    Anger, frustration, humiliation, and just... pure RAGE online with other people who know the maps better than you and get killed OVER 30 TIMES! I LOVE IT!
  53. Aug 24, 2012
    its a awsome game i allways have played counter strike in my hole live i love the new counter strike global offesive game it is awsome love the new guns in the game
  54. Sep 2, 2012
    Awesome game! A good continuation after bad CS:S. Recommend! Valve have done a great job and they keep update this game. It surely will be better soon! :)
  55. Sep 3, 2012
    I wish new CS 1.6.
    I don't need BF2 or COD. I need old CS with more friendly graphic and more balanced weapon.
    And i catch it!

Big thx for Molotov **** Valve - new tactics, new degree of freedom!
  56. Dec 10, 2012
    NOT FOR NOOB! if you are a noob don't buy it! It is hard and you must improve yourself to learn to win! It's HARD! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB!
  57. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. It starts with the intro music and just keeps getting better and better. The default maps are good but since this game talks to Steam Workshop you can download hundreds of custom, user-made maps. There are some real gems out there too.

I really liked all the achievements in CS:GO.. Getting one for being airborne while killing a bad guy who is also airborne? Brilliant! Some of the achievements names are pretty funny too "disruptus interruptus" or "freed with speed".

Some of the maps are true CQB fights and very challenging.

This game isn't ground-breaking and that's probably a good thing. CS:S is a proven winner in PC gaming. CS:GO just improves upon that formula with new maps, weapon upgrades and changes, and newer graphics.
  58. Dec 25, 2012
    As a played since CS 1.3 I first looked at it and thought - wtf is this COD clone thing that Valve have ruined the name of CS with? CS has always been my tried and true favourite game. I then figured if Valve have released it, it must be at least playable. Within 4 hours played time, I went from hating it to loving it. The game retains it's originality yet adds a new fresh feel. Don't getAs a played since CS 1.3 I first looked at it and thought - wtf is this COD clone thing that Valve have ruined the name of CS with? CS has always been my tried and true favourite game. I then figured if Valve have released it, it must be at least playable. Within 4 hours played time, I went from hating it to loving it. The game retains it's originality yet adds a new fresh feel. Don't get scared off by the new buy menu, it isn't that bad once you're used to it. Hit reg seems to be >= Source. I won't be going back to 1.5, 1.6 or Source. CS:GO (despite it's corny abbreviation) is now my preferred CS of all time. Expand
  59. Mar 2, 2014
    Im not a big Multiplayer Gamer and i do play some of 'em (And im a noob in it too) ... The ones i play is Battlefield 4 , Max Payne 3 and this .

Its been almost 5 year since i played any Counter Strike game . Amd getting this was kinda reforming the Old Memories . I bought it on Steam , downloaded and started (EASY) . The interface was easy as usual to navigate through servers .

I bought it on Steam , downloaded and started (EASY) .
    The interface was easy as usual to navigate through servers .
    Now some people who play the latest Army simulator games may think that the Visuals are kinda dated (May compare it with COD too) . and i dont blame them as they may see the comparison with latest games . But if i compare it with the previous installment in the Series (CS : Source) the visuals are updated .

The Sound was the similar and my slight con as they might've considered to upgrade or change it by now .

Gameplay was also quite similar , but CS Gameplay was never easy , it requires special tactics and your deep knowledge of the map to get through your way . The new addition of Arms Race is pretty cool .

Overall , a great game to try .
  60. Nov 25, 2012
    The only thing this competitive game has that compares to call of duty is it's FPS aspect and a few of the guns. Otherwise, it's an upgrade to the original Counter Strike, 1.6, and source with a few additional game modes and better graphics. What I like about this game above it's predecessors is it's offline bots. The dedicated fans that have been playing CS for multiple years makesThe only thing this competitive game has that compares to call of duty is it's FPS aspect and a few of the guns. Otherwise, it's an upgrade to the original Counter Strike, 1.6, and source with a few additional game modes and better graphics. What I like about this game above it's predecessors is it's offline bots. The dedicated fans that have been playing CS for multiple years makes the online multiplayer very difficult (which is a good thing). So, what I like about this game is the offline bot mode, which allows people who buy this game to enjoy a little pwnage (or challenge when they crank up the difficulty to veteran) when they can't get it online. Also, everyone has an equal chance, not thrown off by prestiging or leveling up, which adds balance.Overall, it's a fun, challenging, and addicting game -- I'd recommend it to all gamers! Especially those who enjoy a good FPS. Expand
  61. Feb 3, 2013
    I can say, it's not the best cs, I'm a fan to css and alot peoples says that this is like that, but thats wrong, sure the maps maybe looks pretty the same as css but the rest with the weopens, skins and all, it's alot of differents.. and the ranking thing they have done makes you alot more pissed off when you lose a game than without the ranking thing.. but it's fun too.. but It's stillI can say, it's not the best cs, I'm a fan to css and alot peoples says that this is like that, but thats wrong, sure the maps maybe looks pretty the same as css but the rest with the weopens, skins and all, it's alot of differents.. and the ranking thing they have done makes you alot more pissed off when you lose a game than without the ranking thing.. but it's fun too.. but It's still counter strike so I will give it 10/10 Expand
  62. Sep 20, 2012
    I have played 1.6 and css for years and i can say this is the best Counter strike ever made. They added some new weapons grenades and models and tickrate is now 128. And this is only 14 euro! Thanks Valve!
  63. Nov 26, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) développé par Valve en coopération avec le studio de Seattle: Hidden Path Entertainment.
    Après plus de 12 ans séparant la première version (CS Bêta 1.0 le 19 juin 1999). CS:GO est enfin là.
    Malgré la réputation qu'Hidden Path Entertainement c'est donné d'avoir

Malgré la réputation qu'Hidden Path Entertainement c'est donné d'avoir tué CSS, ils ont finalement fait la chose que des millions de joueurs attendaient :
    Un nouveau Counter-Strike.

CS: GO promet d'étendre la présence de Counter-Strike et sa jouabilité légendaire sur PC, sur Mac ainsi que sur les consoles de dernière génération.

Et c'est reparti pour 12 ans ^^ Que la force du Cut soit avec toi :) à suivre...
  64. Nov 19, 2012
    Good game. Worth the money. Buy and join us. You will not regret. Super game. I recommend to all, excellent graphics, good physics, good graphics. Of course there are downsides. But they are not important, I put the game of 10 points out of 10. All cool.
  65. Dec 17, 2012
    If you are hardcore 1.6 or hardcore CS:S, then just stay with your game and don't come complaining in the CS:GO servers. CS:GO is counter-strike. Just like how 1.6 and CS:S are a little different, CS:GO is a little different too. From CS:S, CS:GO wasn't hard for me to adjust to. Unlike in CS:S, there aren't those "noob" labels on guns. The AWP is more fair, the machines guns are just aIf you are hardcore 1.6 or hardcore CS:S, then just stay with your game and don't come complaining in the CS:GO servers. CS:GO is counter-strike. Just like how 1.6 and CS:S are a little different, CS:GO is a little different too. From CS:S, CS:GO wasn't hard for me to adjust to. Unlike in CS:S, there aren't those "noob" labels on guns. The AWP is more fair, the machines guns are just a blast (instead of getting angry on death, you sort of laugh) and the auto-shotty and auto-sniper are more "morally" acceptable as powerful weapons. I can have a lot of fun playing, in the same way I had fun in CS:S. Expand
  66. Dec 20, 2012
    400 hours in and I am still addicted to both the casual and competive side of play. As a long time CS player I'm really enjoying GO and see it as the best CS to date. Vets of the series might have a few complaints about the recoil on some of the weapons and overall lack of innovation, which I agree with to a point. CS:GO needs to be played with a clean slate, despite the familiar maps. A400 hours in and I am still addicted to both the casual and competive side of play. As a long time CS player I'm really enjoying GO and see it as the best CS to date. Vets of the series might have a few complaints about the recoil on some of the weapons and overall lack of innovation, which I agree with to a point. CS:GO needs to be played with a clean slate, despite the familiar maps. A big shake up of the guns and their recoil paths, matchmaking and extra game mods are in my opinion, a welcome addition.

With such a small price tag, CS:GO is a must have. A steam sale is now on and with Christmas just around the corner, why not stock up on a few copies and gift them to friends. I guarentee that good times are to be had with CS:GO.
  67. Jan 9, 2013
    Been playing cs since 1.5. Definitely not a reskin like others say. Getting headshots feels rewarding, unlike source did. Hitbox detection is great, recoil feels good, implementation of GunGame. I'm quite impressed as i thought it was going to be another **** source wannabe game.
  68. Jan 22, 2013
    Counter strike global offensive is awesome, great gameplay, looks great, and the community overall isn't too bad.. Atleast not as bad as i'd expect from an FPS game. The only reason my score will be 9 instead of 10 is the lack of new maps, for the competitive gamemode. The competitive game mode is amazing tho, just make sure you play with your friends, chances are high that your teammatesCounter strike global offensive is awesome, great gameplay, looks great, and the community overall isn't too bad.. Atleast not as bad as i'd expect from an FPS game. The only reason my score will be 9 instead of 10 is the lack of new maps, for the competitive gamemode. The competitive game mode is amazing tho, just make sure you play with your friends, chances are high that your teammates will 100% focus on fragging, and not give a f-ck about the objective. Expand
  69. Feb 28, 2013
    CS:GO perks: Matchmaking is awesome (a match to 15 is way funner than casual, and their system is now pretty fluid and easy to use). GUNS ARE MORE BALANCED (in the past people always get AK and M4. Now the shotgun and machine gun are actually good enough to be used in a NON-TROLLING fashion!)................Also a lot of things people complained about being incomplete (bad matchmaking, noCS:GO perks: Matchmaking is awesome (a match to 15 is way funner than casual, and their system is now pretty fluid and easy to use). GUNS ARE MORE BALANCED (in the past people always get AK and M4. Now the shotgun and machine gun are actually good enough to be used in a NON-TROLLING fashion!)................Also a lot of things people complained about being incomplete (bad matchmaking, no assault map) have been FIXED now!............... I'm most sick of the 1.6 die-hard fans complaining about how cs:go is "inferior" to their beloved old game. These people complain about a number of changes such as: Slightly reduced visibility at long ranges due to fog effects, and reduced ability or changed patterns of how the guns "spray" bullets. Oh, so you can't do your extremely strange well-known strategy of "spray at exactly this wall when you hear this person coming at this certain location and then move my mouse down at exactly 0.2 millimeters per second which will result in a certain headshot" which you've practiced for years? And boo hoo, an explosive grenade momentarily generates some smoke that is hard to see through, so you can't implement your age-old extremely specific strategy that happens to depend on being able to see through a grenade explosion. YOU MEAN THE GAMEPLAY AND STRATEGIES ACTUALLY CHANGED? And people have to adapt and not use their repetitive muscle-memory mundane strategies to exploit the well-known mechanics of the first game? And actually have to think of different things? OH WOW. WHAT A CONCEPT. Expand
  70. Jul 22, 2013
    The game is overall good. The graphics are great, it keeps the CS-spirit and it's fun to play. The buying menu can be really confusing at the beginning, such as armor/defuse kits located at Buying Category #5 instead of #6 and the Deagle being gun #5 in the Pistol Category instead of #4. It has all the good old maps with a few updates, plus some new maps, such as Mirage, which I like toThe game is overall good. The graphics are great, it keeps the CS-spirit and it's fun to play. The buying menu can be really confusing at the beginning, such as armor/defuse kits located at Buying Category #5 instead of #6 and the Deagle being gun #5 in the Pistol Category instead of #4. It has all the good old maps with a few updates, plus some new maps, such as Mirage, which I like to call de_dust3. Sound-quality and weapon-models are of course better too. Expand
  71. May 24, 2014
    When it came out it was full of bugs and simple.
    Everyday I'd get here with an update to download, and each update the game would go better.
    Awesome gameplay, servers, badges, etc.

Recommended for sure! Addiction guaranteed! (mostly on competitive matches!)
  72. Aug 24, 2012
    10/10 Why? Because there are trolls who have no idea about how counter strike works that give it a 0. For 15$, for me (13.49) on the sale, this game is by far a 8.5/10 actually. I don't even have to explain why this game is superb.
  73. Jan 23, 2013
    Something for new and old CS players. The new game modes and skill-based matchmaking mean there is something for everyone, and coming into the game is not nearly as punishing as previous incarnations of CS. Already a large amount of maps and extra game-modes in the community servers in addition to Valve's official content.

Updates coming every 2 weeks, for free!
  74. Aug 25, 2012
    Great game I love it and play just every day,of course it's worse than cod or battlefield,but that's pretty damn good.And to haters this game is awesome.
  75. Sep 28, 2012
    I play CS all my life. Since 1.3 to CS:S. I remember when people did not like CSS. But i think css more realistic, more stable and more balanced. And now i think can say.. This not CS, this isn't even game.
  76. Sep 18, 2012
    Valve resurrected the old spirit with the new engine,which known as Source,making an immortal legend.in this game,absolutely the game experience is hugely expanded.the word expand here refers do a lot of things:the arm racing mode was officialized (i used to play this mode in CS and CSS,but the mode wasnt official),new weapons and new maps.i think the glory of CS is definitely gonna beValve resurrected the old spirit with the new engine,which known as Source,making an immortal legend.in this game,absolutely the game experience is hugely expanded.the word expand here refers do a lot of things:the arm racing mode was officialized (i used to play this mode in CS and CSS,but the mode wasnt official),new weapons and new maps.i think the glory of CS is definitely gonna be continue in another body,which is this game.well they dont have a zoom scope but thats the point. Expand
  77. Sep 20, 2013
    It's counter-strike. No innovation here, but what it does, it does well. There is pretty much no aimbotting, so that is a big plus, although I have seen wallhacks and smoke hacks.

This version plays a lot like CS 1.0, for those who can remember that far back. 1.0 was fairly different from 1.3, which was again fairly different from 1.6. But yeah, this is a very nice iteration of CS in my opinion, so 8/10 from me.
  78. Apr 24, 2013
    Believe it or not, I actually like this version of Counter-Strike better than its prequel, Counter-Strike Source, unlike most people who have reviewed this game in the past. When I first bought CS: Source, I really enjoyed everything about it, except for the graphics, which looked rather dated by today's graphical standards. This game updates the game's graphics, thus fixing the problem.Believe it or not, I actually like this version of Counter-Strike better than its prequel, Counter-Strike Source, unlike most people who have reviewed this game in the past. When I first bought CS: Source, I really enjoyed everything about it, except for the graphics, which looked rather dated by today's graphical standards. This game updates the game's graphics, thus fixing the problem. As for the gameplay, it is the same as it has always been: fast-paced multiplayer action. That's perfectly fine, I don't think this needs to change one bit. Counter-Strike should stay this way in order to stop it from being like certain OTHER modern warfare games (I'm looking at you COD and Battlefield). This game has the classic Counter-Strike game modes of hostage rescue and bomb disposal, however, it also adds two new modes into the mix to shake things up a little. Along with these two modes, it also adds arms race and demolition. These modes manage to keep the gameplay fresh and enjoyable for everyone by awarding people with new weapons for kills. There is no story for this game, but it doesn't need one. The game is just insane multiplayer action for everyone, so a story is rather unnecessary. This game does also have issues however. The game does crash quite a bit. I'm not so sure if this is a problem just with me, or if it's for everyone, but it keeps crashing and giving me errors such as "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request". The good news is that this game is one of the faster launching games in my Steam line-up, so this does not hurt the game very much, and it is easy to recover from a game crash such as this. However, there is also another problem. This game lacks a lot of the old maps that veteran CS:S players will have come to recognize. Valve will probably add more in with future updates, but for now, there aren't too many classic maps, and several for the new arms race and demolition modes. Lastly, despite this game being better than Source, it probably will never have the lasting impact Source left on the video game community. Source was much more influential than this game, creating an online community that is still active to this day. However, I still think that this game is better, due to the upgrades that were made on the existing mechanics of Source, along with the new modes. Overall, this game is one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played. It does nothing to reinvent the Counter-Strike franchise, but it doesn't even have to. All Counter-Strike really needed was a graphical upgrade, a few new modes, and a few more tweaks on existing mechanics, and it got it. Expand
  79. Apr 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While this is a fun and competitive game, it lacks something, it may be the lack of change from the last counter strike (source), I mean yeah they added a new interface and a few modes and maps, but in my opinion it would have been refreshing to get a little bit more content. you can argue with me because the price is low, but to me, as a fan of valve and it's games I would appreciate a few more official modes and maps.
    The DLC might be great, but I'm sick of paying for a game that is not complete.
    That's the bad news.
    The good news are that the game preserves it's good old fashion gameplay style, the graphics have improved and are a treat to look at, and the game works smoothly most of the time.
    Also I like the fact that each map has a different kind of characters as for the CT and the T.
    The new hostage rescuing system is fantastic, I like it better and I think it's something they thought about.
    As usual valve have succeed in giving the opportunity to add mods and additional maps and weapons to the game, which is great.
    I would give this game a bit more than 8 but less than 9 because it is not complete in my opinion.
    Still, I think it's a game every casual gamer should get, specially as a fan of valve and counter strike. I've played since the first Counter Strike (when it was a mod) and I'm still enjoying each "upgrade".
  80. Jun 28, 2013
    The new definitive way to play Old-School Counter-Strike. This game is basically CS1.6, but with better balance, and adjustments. There's nothing else to it, in the older games, some weapons completely outclass other guns. In this game, every weapon are good in certain cases. Graphics are nicely done, even though the Source engine is ageing a little too much. This game is only $15! What!?The new definitive way to play Old-School Counter-Strike. This game is basically CS1.6, but with better balance, and adjustments. There's nothing else to it, in the older games, some weapons completely outclass other guns. In this game, every weapon are good in certain cases. Graphics are nicely done, even though the Source engine is ageing a little too much. This game is only $15! What!? That's really cheap for a game these days. However, CS1.6 and CS:S have more custom modes and mods then CS:GO but that's not that much of a issue. That's all I really have to say. This game is a must if you're a hardcore Counter-Strike fan, this game is a absolute must in your collection. Expand
  81. Jan 4, 2013
    This review is for those who have not played, or do not care, about the previous Counter-Strike titles and simply want a shooter to play. Counter-Strike is a very engaging and computer-friendly game for both FPS newbies and veterans alike. It aspires to create a style of gameplay for everyone through a concise means - those wanting to get right into the thick of things can dive into ArmsThis review is for those who have not played, or do not care, about the previous Counter-Strike titles and simply want a shooter to play. Counter-Strike is a very engaging and computer-friendly game for both FPS newbies and veterans alike. It aspires to create a style of gameplay for everyone through a concise means - those wanting to get right into the thick of things can dive into Arms Race, where you progress through a chain of different weapons from killing enemies, instantly respawning if you get shot down yourself, maximising your play time. Those wanting to take a more tactical approach to their shooter can play the classic mode, where being killed keeps you dead until the next round, and the goal of the match ranges from killing everyone on the opposing team to rescuing/protecting a band of hostages to ensuring the fate of a planted bomb. It's pretty straightforward, but it's everything it says on the tin. Graphics-wise, I think it's done a great job, with the particle effects of blood and gun residue managed well but lacking that bit of "wow" factor. The only music in the game is in the menu (aside from a few jingles in-game signifying deaths) and that alone riles you up for your next match. The enormous multitude of achievements and desire to get better creates a remarkable value for replay - then again, any multiplayer online game you can get a lot of time out of. I think the only downside to this game is that being on the PC you can't bring a friend over to do splitscreen - the XBox version is where you want to go for that. In conclusion, this is a brilliant FPS that drops you right into the action in a comfortable yet exhilarating game environment. I've loved every second of it. Expand
  82. Dec 28, 2013
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a classic first person shooter from Valve. I've played it now about 60 hours and I'm not tired of this game. If you have a coordinated team it is a lot of fun. And there are modes where you can play without big tactics. The graphics are not that good and the atmosphere is sterile. Gameplay and level design are perfect, no shooter I've ever played is atCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is a classic first person shooter from Valve. I've played it now about 60 hours and I'm not tired of this game. If you have a coordinated team it is a lot of fun. And there are modes where you can play without big tactics. The graphics are not that good and the atmosphere is sterile. Gameplay and level design are perfect, no shooter I've ever played is at this mechanics so perfect. Expand
  83. Jul 17, 2013
    There is a reason this game is cheaper than Counter-Strike: Source on Steam; It's worse. The graphics have been "upgraded" a lot from CSS, but it doesn't really look better. Player models are harder to distinguish, but they are larger. Less fun and less skilled than CSS
  84. Apr 3, 2013
    I should say the graphics are pretty good. Guns are OK. But the the thing that i hate most is that enemies in multiplayer or bots are pretty dang hard to kill and source, 1.6 are better than this. What i like most is that there are lots people to play with and amazing maps. The only thing that this game needs is that they need to make small, medium and big maps and so far there are onlyI should say the graphics are pretty good. Guns are OK. But the the thing that i hate most is that enemies in multiplayer or bots are pretty dang hard to kill and source, 1.6 are better than this. What i like most is that there are lots people to play with and amazing maps. The only thing that this game needs is that they need to make small, medium and big maps and so far there are only big maps which is hard to find enemies when playing 1 on 1. Bots are also pretty good because they think like real humans (they camp). Although it might not be the best, still a great game all the way and worth $15. Expand
  85. Apr 24, 2014
    CS:GO offers the addictive and tense gameplay all Counter-Strike players know and love. With amazing weapon feel, great graphics for the dated Source engine, great maps, and a good community to play with even for beginners, CS:GO is a must buy for competitive FPS players.
  86. Apr 26, 2014
    This is pure and classic counter-strike formula, updated for more modern gaming. Its worth picking up if you are a CS fan or enjoy multiplayer FPS games. Plus you can get it on sale for really cheap if you're patient enough.
  87. Dec 8, 2013
    This game is great, the graphics are nice and is generally very smooth. I like how they have classic maps in the game and also new ones that weren't previously in others. My only complaint is about the players sometimes they trash talk so much and they kick people for no reason and just use abusive language, even in competitive where teamwork is supposed to be present. It's a pain playingThis game is great, the graphics are nice and is generally very smooth. I like how they have classic maps in the game and also new ones that weren't previously in others. My only complaint is about the players sometimes they trash talk so much and they kick people for no reason and just use abusive language, even in competitive where teamwork is supposed to be present. It's a pain playing with these kinds of people sometimes and reporting them doesn't seem to do much either. Expand
  88. Aug 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. betterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr than cod Expand
  89. Aug 19, 2015
    e-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too, so why would you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. Unfortunely it is a teame-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too, so why would you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. Unfortunely it is a team based game, which means you either put in hard work, get better, work with your team and love it or you will fail, stagnate, curse your team and hate the game forever. Winning and losing is part of every Sport, but either way only happens with the team. Expand
  90. Jun 28, 2015
    I played a lot in Counter Strike 1.6 and it's rly similar to it, so when CS:GO was released i bought it instantly. I love that game, especially matchmaking mode its sth what is a point in that game :)
  91. Mar 16, 2013
    Overall a really good game, played it a lot and even got 3 buddy's that normally doesn't play FPS to like it.. But old fashion games that still prefer 1.5/.1.6 may think its been too smooth ad pretty..
  92. Mar 16, 2014
    гама достойна похвалы,с геймплейем всё было понятно,разрабы говорят мол ''стрельба приближенна к 1.6'' но нет,зажимать с калаша не получится,даже когда по одно пуле стреляешь, пуля летит на много выше вверхней лески(по которой я целился в 1.6) не советую покупать.Но если хочется протестить бери!гама достойна похвалы,с геймплейем всё было понятно,разрабы говорят мол ''стрельба приближенна к 1.6'' но нет,зажимать с калаша не получится,даже когда по одно пуле стреляешь, пуля летит на много выше вверхней лески(по которой я целился в 1.6) не советую покупать.Но если хочется протестить бери!
  93. Jan 2, 2013
    Feels very good. Good Movement, good weapon-behavior. I played 1.6 a little bit, never played source. I was more into fast-paced action, like Tactical Ops.
    The thing that was always **** in CS was that your movement was horrible, it felt like coordinating a piece of concrete or a sack of potatos.
    Now its perfect, really cheap price and cool gamemodes(Gungame ftw!)
  94. Apr 17, 2014
    One of those games that hit the nail on the head the first time around and as such doesn't need to do anything but improve its graphics over the years and still be the best multiplayer FPS on the market.

Added game modes are fun, add a bit of spice to the game, but Classic CS is what I came for, and that's where the game shines. "Deathmatch" has the spawn issues that plague CoD (because it's just an insta-spawn gibfest instead of a coordinated effort), Arsenal is fun, you have a lot of community maps to pull from as well but you don't get to play these on ranked.

And that's the game's only downfall as far as I can see. I feel like the ranked system should have a smaller map pool that changes every week, as it is if I select every map before queuing I keep getting thrown into Dust 2, because that was and still is the most favored CS map by the community. Would be nice if they did something to force people out of their comfort zones in competitive mode, to me that's the whole point.

Aside from that, still has dedicated servers for free, better hit detection and far fewer latency issues than modern titles that cost $60 and charge you for every map pack they release. The only reason I ever stop playing Valve games is because like everything else, I get eventually get bored and feel the need to try something new, but I always come back to Valve titles. They just do it so much better and give so much more value than everyone else in the industry, and this was even the case before they started earning that Steam money. If they ever flip the switch like Blizzard did, PC gaming will truly be dead.
  95. Apr 30, 2014
    CSgo Hacks for free here: http://bit.ly/PM2kJI

It's undetectable by VAC and it's updated regularly. It has aimbot, wallhack, it shows health , distance, everything you need to become global elite.
  96. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

97. Mar 25, 2014
    Just perfect a real Counter Strike game like 1.6 or CSS. Come back to real FPS in esport. Moreover this game is realy not expansive. He is the most epic FPS make by Valve and for esport: 250 000$ for dreamhack, 250 000$ for IEM... Just epic
  98. Aug 16, 2013
    Counter-Strike GO is sharp where it counts. It's very familiar to the long time veterans who have stuck around for over a decade while offering a much-appreciated face lift and slight variance/additions to bring it closer to modern-day shooters, instead of solely sticking to its "guns" and offering the one classic gametype that carried CS for years without fault. Counter-Strike as aCounter-Strike GO is sharp where it counts. It's very familiar to the long time veterans who have stuck around for over a decade while offering a much-appreciated face lift and slight variance/additions to bring it closer to modern-day shooters, instead of solely sticking to its "guns" and offering the one classic gametype that carried CS for years without fault. Counter-Strike as a franchise will likely never offer the expansive or immersive gameplay that titles such as Battlefield have come to master, but that's kind of the beauty of it. You can literally jump in and out of games at-will. No matter what, whether you're looking for 15 minutes of tactical fury or a 3-hour binge session, Counter-Strike GO still carries the ability to draw an audience and keep it especially for the fans that favor the less forgiving mindlessness that Call of Duty has rewarded so abundantly. Definitely worth a look. Expand
  99. Mar 15, 2014
    Best game in the franchise since CS 1.6. Same amazing team-based gameplay with some new guns, grenades, and much more. Valve is working very hard with the players on this one and it is the most constantly updated and worked on Counter-Strike game ever. In fact, Valve and Hidden Path were working with the CS community the whole time this game was being developed and they still are forBest game in the franchise since CS 1.6. Same amazing team-based gameplay with some new guns, grenades, and much more. Valve is working very hard with the players on this one and it is the most constantly updated and worked on Counter-Strike game ever. In fact, Valve and Hidden Path were working with the CS community the whole time this game was being developed and they still are for updates.

With new "operations" players are able to spend a small amount of money to support community map makers and be able to play on those maps they work so hard on to make. In addition, recent updates such as the Arms Deal update allow players to have their own gun skins, apply stickers, and even name weapons.

As anyone who is new to the franchise, expect a difficult learning curve that is incredibly rewarding to overcome. Valve and Hidden Path are really outdoing themselves with this installment and I look forward to future updates.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. CD-Action
    Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]