7.9

1. Oct 14, 2013
    Looking on the positive side. This game provides an easy way to find 5v5 matches and a nice UI with different game modes and fun things you can do.
    Updated graphics, weapons and game play not least. This game looked very promising.

However, I can't describe how awful this game is. It involves deep knowledge with the netcode within the game, and it is out of the scope for 99.9% of all people playing this game (and reading this for that matter).
    I can go in detail and explain everything that is wrong, and they still wouldn't understand why Global Offensive is the worst Counter-Strike game yet.

Since the netcode still hasn't been fixed and still has the same flaws GoldSrc (Counter-Strike 1.6) had. I give this 0/10 points since these flaws ruins the entire online experience. That is, the competitive experience. For casuals, this game is fine.
  2. Aug 23, 2012
    All hail Gaben. Once again, Valve has proven that new games don't need to be released every god damn year. GS:GO doesn't innovate, but instead polishes a tried and true formula. The game is also a steal. $14.99 for a new game? Count me in.
  3. Aug 29, 2012
    Hidden Path developers did exactly what they should. They took a great franchise and took great care not to break it, instead focusing on polishing maps, weapons, money and overall gameplay balance.
    I really hope that the new edition will bring an influx of new players as this is the best Counter-Strike so far.
    Finally what I am quite happy about is that people seem to be switching from
    Finally what I am quite happy about is that people seem to be switching from both 1.6 and Source version and like the new edition. I hope this will be the version to unite the now fragmented CS community.
  4. Aug 24, 2012
    The best game you can play. I've played on CSS little. But it's not really same. It's something more. Accuray is diffrent for all guns and it's good too!. I simply LOVE THIS GAME. But you know HOW to play it . It's not Shut'n Run game. COUNTER STRIKE GO :3 , Good spended15$
  5. Aug 24, 2012
    Yeah this game is a major breakthrough in CS series,new weapons,new games,new game play,but it's still a classic game and I like it.I hope that it will have many old and new fans.
  6. Aug 29, 2012
    This is a great CS,just like the first one.The news weapons are awesome,the molotov is a great idea to put into the game.This is one of the best multiplayer games,COD and BF can't win to CS.
  7. May 22, 2013
    For rookies, like myself, the game is almost unplayable. There is barely any skill required from close range besides from spraying (according to my personal experiences) and they will either camp your spawn with a sniper rifle or wait until you come around a corner, and for the new ones among us, that's pretty much all there is to this game. Spawn, get killed, see how accuracy doesn'tFor rookies, like myself, the game is almost unplayable. There is barely any skill required from close range besides from spraying (according to my personal experiences) and they will either camp your spawn with a sniper rifle or wait until you come around a corner, and for the new ones among us, that's pretty much all there is to this game. Spawn, get killed, see how accuracy doesn't matter, and all over. The graphics are very dated, and by far the worst of Valve's source engine. The molotov effects look good, but it simply looks as there was barely any polish. People who say it has the best visuals by far haven't played any other Valve games, like Portal 2 and Dota 2. Expand
  8. Aug 23, 2012
    This really is the best CS game to date. The weapons and shootings feels great and the new game modes brings more variety if youre bored of the standard mode. The only thing that could be improved is the map selection but I'm sure this will be improved with future patches and Steam workshop.
  9. Aug 31, 2012
    Quite honestly, mediocre and unnecessary. All it is, is counter-strike source with an updated source engine, and a few re modeled guns. This in no way had to be a new game, it brings nothing new to the counter-strike series, and it in no way should be praised as a revolution of the genre. This is coming from a counter-strike veteran who's played CS since 1.3, and also played CSS. I alsoQuite honestly, mediocre and unnecessary. All it is, is counter-strike source with an updated source engine, and a few re modeled guns. This in no way had to be a new game, it brings nothing new to the counter-strike series, and it in no way should be praised as a revolution of the genre. This is coming from a counter-strike veteran who's played CS since 1.3, and also played CSS. I also got into the CS:GO beta quite early and immediately i noticed it was quite lack luster. Kind of a shame that they didn't try to do anything new or fresh with the genre. It's just a new coat of paint on the same car. Expand
  10. Aug 22, 2012
    Valve did a good job of keeping the Counter-Strike in Global Offensive. It's a love it or hate it game. CS:GO has nothing to do with level-based random spray regenerating health first-person shooters. It is much more challenging, and much more frustrating. I doubt that players who have not experienced 1.6 or CS:S wil like it, but apart from that staircase in de_dust, I don't have much toValve did a good job of keeping the Counter-Strike in Global Offensive. It's a love it or hate it game. CS:GO has nothing to do with level-based random spray regenerating health first-person shooters. It is much more challenging, and much more frustrating. I doubt that players who have not experienced 1.6 or CS:S wil like it, but apart from that staircase in de_dust, I don't have much to complain about. Expand
  11. Ndi
    May 2, 2013
    Zero innovation. Same maps, same weapons, only weaker, a bit more graphics and bam, new game.

Seriously, this is a minor improvement over Source, one I didn't need. Valve has again caved in to the "pro" gamers (like that's a real sport) and removed all the new features, like reacting to shots. No, the simplest shooter every has made a comeback, with FIRE! But still can't lay down, react to shots, the online gameplay is WORSE as lag plays an even greater role, the bugs have come back, and, frankly, this will never change as long as Valve keeps on letting a few spoiled brats who learned the game by heart dictate how "new" games work.

I'm getting really tired of this. Every new game, the guns are weaker and weaker. Nobody survives 4 shots to the torso with a Desert Eagle. A L96 sniper will still explode you if it clips a wooden box. A salvo from an AK47 or an M16 will put you in a box. This game is going downhill.

I am a long time CS fan and I'm very serious when I say that every new version of CS is less and less fun. From a fast paced CQB game to a "click the head" flash game with better graphics.

And bugs, bugs everywhere. It is unacceptable that in 2013 shooting someone in an online game doesn't "take" because he has lag.
  12. Aug 22, 2012
    Feels like a cross between 1.6 and source with improved graphics and some rebalanced maps. Its just as easy to strafe and shoot as well as spray and pray as it was in source, however it is now just as easy as it was in 1.6 to shoot through walls/corners/doors/boxes, without taking it as far as crossing very thick walls or 3 walls at a time. Considering the price tag its a must have,Feels like a cross between 1.6 and source with improved graphics and some rebalanced maps. Its just as easy to strafe and shoot as well as spray and pray as it was in source, however it is now just as easy as it was in 1.6 to shoot through walls/corners/doors/boxes, without taking it as far as crossing very thick walls or 3 walls at a time. Considering the price tag its a must have, lately all large titles have been coming out with 50 or 60 dollar price tags and offer a lot less hours of entertainment. If you're a counter strike fan you should enjoy this one be it a 1.6 or source player. If you love BF3 or if you are running a 10 year old pc then perhaps you should stick to BF3 and 1.6 accordingly. Expand
  13. Aug 22, 2012
    Ok, this game just blew me away the moment as I started. With brand new graphics, new weapons, new leaderboard system, training mode, and more. CS:GO delivers just as well as the previous installments of the franchise, but sugarcoated once again for us, all for the low price of $15. Sure, it's not going to be the same as 1.6, CZ, or Source, but then again there are many people playingOk, this game just blew me away the moment as I started. With brand new graphics, new weapons, new leaderboard system, training mode, and more. CS:GO delivers just as well as the previous installments of the franchise, but sugarcoated once again for us, all for the low price of $15. Sure, it's not going to be the same as 1.6, CZ, or Source, but then again there are many people playing those games to this date. 1.6 Still pulls in at least 60,000 on a daily basis. When was the last time COD2 was that high recently? I have to give this game a perfect score because I was a huge fan of Source and love GO just as much. I still plan to get the originals someday since I didn't play PC games that long ago. Expand
  14. Aug 22, 2012
    My preferred CS game now. The graphics are great, map designs are the classic maps you remember with new additions and tweaks that gets rid of some of the bottlenecks, etc. The match finder to get into quick competitive games is a great addition so playing with friends is a synch.
  15. Aug 23, 2012
    Maybe the only FPS where it truly boils down to a game of pure skill. No bullsh*t perks or kill streaks, no auto-turrets, no air strikes. If you want to win in Counter-Strike, you have to learn the maps, play smart, and have fast reflexes. Since you work for each and every kill, it's much more satisfying than other current gen shooters. It's a real shame that the console version isn'tMaybe the only FPS where it truly boils down to a game of pure skill. No bullsh*t perks or kill streaks, no auto-turrets, no air strikes. If you want to win in Counter-Strike, you have to learn the maps, play smart, and have fast reflexes. Since you work for each and every kill, it's much more satisfying than other current gen shooters. It's a real shame that the console version isn't closer to the PC version though, they could have given COD a run for their $. Expand
  16. Aug 21, 2012
    I give this an 8 for the following reasons, and may or may not go into deeper detail to some of them.
    -Counter Strike 3 [basically, considering Source as 2]
    -Newer weapons to make more balance -Per-Weapon monetary awards, basically making that jerk camper with an AWP in the corner not get much, versus someone getting up close and personal and using SKILL to kill someone with, say, an
    -Counter Strike 3 [basically, considering Source as 2]
    -Newer weapons to make more balance
    -Per-Weapon monetary awards, basically making that jerk camper with an AWP in the corner not get much, versus someone getting up close and personal and using SKILL to kill someone with, say, an MP7 or XM1014.
    -Rebuilt maps, all the classics have gotten a total re-work, making them feel new again.
    -Music! Some pretty tense music to build the atmosphere as you shift-walk through a corridor, never knowing what jerk is around the corner
    -Included gungame, removes the client-side bugs and exploits which make gungame in source not fun.
    -Price. $15 for this? Sold. I wouldn't pay much more than that, mind you, but this seems to be a fair price for the game we all know and love to be totally upgraded and generally made better.

Cons, of course, need to be added.

-Well, lack of NEW content is surprising. I was hoping for the zombie mode or something to be included, and with the 12 years they've had, i'm sure it could've been snuck in somewhere. As long as it doesn't become a pay-DLC addon, i'll be happy.

Overall, 8/10. It's perfectly priced and worth every penny. A good game.
  17. Aug 22, 2012
    Great FPS game that takes a lot of skill to master but the reward is fantastic. Killing another player is so satisfying because you know you have to work for every kill. Highly recommended.
  18. Aug 23, 2012
    Best game of the Counter-Strike Franchise after 1.6, better graphics, new official game modes, and it's cheap, only 11
  19. Aug 24, 2012
    One of the best of the CS series. Sure the first CS is the leader of them all, but CS:GO just puts the series onto a whole new level. It proves that Source can give amazing graphics as well as incredible gameplay, and it shows that CS will never die out. I think this is an amazing release made by VALVe and it's worth every penny.
  20. Aug 24, 2012
    Counter-Strike is revived with Global Offensive! I seriously haven't had this much fun since 1.6. The game objectives are simple but the gameplay is brilliantly balanced. The new graphics are a bonus but the real emphasis is on teamwork and strategy. Every round feels tense, and there are no cheap deaths, only mistakes. I might be exuding some VALVe fanboyism here, but I'm honestly tiredCounter-Strike is revived with Global Offensive! I seriously haven't had this much fun since 1.6. The game objectives are simple but the gameplay is brilliantly balanced. The new graphics are a bonus but the real emphasis is on teamwork and strategy. Every round feels tense, and there are no cheap deaths, only mistakes. I might be exuding some VALVe fanboyism here, but I'm honestly tired of the CoD hyper run-and-gun insta-kill culture, which to hardcore gamers is destroying the gaming industry. It does nothing but make you narcissistic and think for yourself only. Even though there's teams and the developers say teamwork is involved it really isnt, it's every man for himself as they're running around bobbing their heads aiming down the sights like some super soldier hero. People may complain about CS having no iron sights, but the fact is all these so-called 'realistic' shooters are only using mechanics like head bob and iron sights for immersion. What iron sights actually do is slow down the pace of gameplay, it's an unnecessary complicating mechanic that would never work in Counter-Strike. At the end of the day, how 'realistic' can first person shooters be? Every shooter has tried to copy CoD after its inception, and even other non-first person shooter multiplayer games like Uncharted. It's the whole ranking up system, perks, killstreak rewards and airstrike crap. Someone who spends more time than you is going to own you and then you get to see their flashy personalized 'banner'. That's not competitive. More games need to be the 'zero-sum' type like CS, L4D, Starcraft, Street Fighter etc. where players all start evenly and have equal chances. The latest reiteration of Counter-Strike is also the BEST version to date. It's fast paced, brutal and truly a blast to play. Expand
  21. Aug 25, 2012
    Love this game! Very smooth and polished and much more accessible than previous versions. I believe this was a much needed upgrade for the game and should draw new players to the series.
  22. Aug 25, 2012
    Simply put, this is an update to Counter Strike. The core of Counter Strike is relatively unchanged, and depending on your opinion of the original, it's a good thing. However, I will say, it's hard to find a FPS that matches CS's Defuse gametype.
  23. Aug 25, 2012
    An excellent polish to an already great game. Everything feels as it should be and there is an incredible amount of rewarding for good trigger discipline/aim. Counter Strike veterans will feel at home.
  24. Sep 5, 2012
    After 14 years of playing, this is "half life" consistent successor and with new age graphic and better physics, this game have plenty of potential for tournaments and other gather festivals, because people which play this game so long, they are tired of failing in every other extension before GO! This we waited so long and i hope for understanding from everyone, because this is 21stAfter 14 years of playing, this is "half life" consistent successor and with new age graphic and better physics, this game have plenty of potential for tournaments and other gather festivals, because people which play this game so long, they are tired of failing in every other extension before GO! This we waited so long and i hope for understanding from everyone, because this is 21st century and now everyone have pc and if you like games 15$ are nothing, u spend that on stupid things, this is not one of them! Gl & hf! Expand
  25. Dec 22, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (aka CS:GO) is one of the most addictive games that I have ever played. You always feel like playing another round, and you always want to improve at the game and understand the game better. And improving at this game is unbelievably satisfying and rewarding, and being able to get around the complicated recoil system to pile up the kills is deeplyCounter-Strike: Global Offensive (aka CS:GO) is one of the most addictive games that I have ever played. You always feel like playing another round, and you always want to improve at the game and understand the game better. And improving at this game is unbelievably satisfying and rewarding, and being able to get around the complicated recoil system to pile up the kills is deeply satisfying. This game is incredibly hardcore, and requires skill more than anything. You can't just run up to people and spray bullets everywhere, as it'll get you nowhere. CS:GO takes patience, accuracy and good reflexes. Your heart will pound when you're the last man standing in your team, as everyone's eyes are on you from the spectator screens. Being able to win a match as the last man standing feels very rewarding, mainly because you were able to outlast everyone in your team and win. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a very fun and addictive game which will take away hours of your day again and again. Good luck trying to move your eyes away from the computer screen with this game; it's a very hard task. Expand
  26. Apr 8, 2013
    Ok this game is truly an AMAZING game. I found the graphics quite nice for a counter strike game. The price of this game is amazing for the content it has. The game isn't a very noob friendly game, but definitely easier to play than the past counter strike games. There aren't any hackers as far as I know thanks to Valve’s VAC Filter. Here’s a tip, if you’re new to Counter Strike IOk this game is truly an AMAZING game. I found the graphics quite nice for a counter strike game. The price of this game is amazing for the content it has. The game isn't a very noob friendly game, but definitely easier to play than the past counter strike games. There aren't any hackers as far as I know thanks to Valve’s VAC Filter. Here’s a tip, if you’re new to Counter Strike I recommend playing offline with some bots to train and then try to play with real players. Overall this game is very well made and fun, I highly recommend buying it. Expand
  27. Nov 11, 2012
    A different view to the CS series.Fast-paced gameplay ensures more fun,new mods that are never introduced in the previous games,improved graphics.In short its a worthy and fun addition to the legendary CS series.
  28. Dec 2, 2012
    tl;dr: CS:GO feels like 1.6, but looks pretty.

GO > 1.6 > 1.5 > CZ > A kick in the face > CSS A few weapons have been added/removed, but the repertoire is very much intact. I question the removal of silencers (M4A1 and USP had them in 1.6) but no big thing. Same with the tactical shield from 1.6 which I thought was a lot of fun. Decoy grenades, and incendiaries, have been added. It
    tl;dr: CS:GO feels like 1.6, but looks pretty.

GO > 1.6 > 1.5 > CZ > A kick in the face > CSS

A few weapons have been added/removed, but the repertoire is very much intact. I question the removal of silencers (M4A1 and USP had them in 1.6) but no big thing. Same with the tactical shield from 1.6 which I thought was a lot of fun. Decoy grenades, and incendiaries, have been added. It is very fun to throw a decoy and watch people scatter or take cover, and the incendiary is an interesting addition; it creates a blanket of flames that lasts several seconds, to stand on it or walk through it generally kills you.

Knifing feels a little faster, both in terms of click-to-damage time, and cooldown on the backswing; although I haven't timed it or anything so it could just be a feeling/animation difference. In any case, knife duels still work much the same and the skills are transferable. There are two definitely negative things about GO in my opinion:
    - The buy menu is now a confusing wheel that looks like it should be in a console game.
    - The "Quick Join" feature, just list the servers and let people pick. Anyone considering buying should be aware that several of the reviews below are, in my mind, incredibly inaccurate to the point that I feel compelled to comment on them;

"No ironsights." - I think this means that the writer expected something like Mass Effect, where you can hold down right click with any weapon and zoom in a little. CS has scoped weapons for zooming, and you crouch or walk to increase accuracy. CS attempts to be realistic, and the average terrorist does not have telescopic eye-implants.

"There's no point in having the body, because they've made it so that body shots are basically like a gentle tickle" - A short burst to the torso will reliably kill an enemy.

"Hit reg. It's terrible. Obvious hits will do zero damage at times"
    &
    "Forget about shooting 10-15 bullets straight from sitting position at middle-close ranged enemy aiming in the head - you'll miss unless enemy is VERY close."
    &
    "Just as bad as the old versions, with a hitbox that's just as inaccurate as them" - I have not found this to be the case, these people are probably just not very practiced at aiming, guns in CS have significant recoil and spread.

"You can't control even m4 recoil(I'm not saying about ak), don't even try, it's impossible."
    &
    "Much more of an 'uncontrollable' recoil." - Recoil is very much on par with all previous CS games.

"A considerable improvement would have been to remove extinct gameplay mechanics, such as "being dead", because what felt okay in 2000, doesn't make sense today anymore." - Part of the appeal of a competitive game is that if you fail, you are punished. If you succeed, you are not. If you were the first one to die, and it was an abnormally long round, you might be waiting as much as four minutes before respawning. In this time you can watch what other, non-dead players do, and try to learn from them.

"This title has nothing to do with Counter-Strike the Half-Life mod" - Except for the guns, objectives, maps, look & feel, player base, factions, and name.

"No real way to compete with the best players." - except by improving your own performance.

"Lacks any kind of single player element or even objective goals. Sure there are hostages to rescue and bombs to plant but no one ever does that." - As this comment itself states, there are objectives to complete on each map. I have never encountered people consistently ignoring these goals.

"Tons of HDR, bloom and motion blur, only to hide graphics bugs / glitches and make you feel like something fresh new" - Lighting is realistic, there is no blinding bloom or anything. Motion blur is only when walking while looking through a scope, I assume in an attempt to reflect how difficult it would be in reality to run around with a sniper rifle held to your eye.

"When moving around, it feels like your 'floating'" - Walking feels much the same as all previous CS games.

"the guns were highly unbalanced, the only guns worth using were the AK and the most powerful sniper rifle." - simply not true; there is a hierarchy of gun strength that correlates to the co$t, but almost every gun has a niche in which it would consistently outperform any other. "no matter how I put my settings I was getting about 15fps at any time." - get a better computer

"Maps: Totally remade with TONS of details. You can throw all your map knowledge to garbage" - I had no trouble instantly identifying every ported map. There are a few minor changes to some (eg; stairs leading from under the dust_2 bridge up onto it) but I am yet to find any which bother me.

"Also this walls you sweep before not penetrable now(or penetrable but not for most weapons)." - In 1.5/6 most guns could penetrate any surface, even blocks of concrete 10m thick; in GO, you can only shoot through softer materials such as wooden crates or doors
  29. Feb 11, 2013
    I've played counter strike on xbox, cs cz, and cs go. Don't let the cod, battlefield, or counter strike fanboys fool you this is a good game. It overs more weapon variety, map variety (with workshop), matchmaking to join matches easier), and better graphics than previous versions of cs. Plus valve didn't abandon it at all. They provide regular updates to balance the game. At a measly feeI've played counter strike on xbox, cs cz, and cs go. Don't let the cod, battlefield, or counter strike fanboys fool you this is a good game. It overs more weapon variety, map variety (with workshop), matchmaking to join matches easier), and better graphics than previous versions of cs. Plus valve didn't abandon it at all. They provide regular updates to balance the game. At a measly fee of $15 (cheaper than css) free dlc it is worth the money. Expand
  30. Jan 1, 2013
    This game is amazing like counter strike 1.6 but with new strategies ,weapons,a recoil more realistic, and good graphics. The change from cs 1.6 to gobal ofenssive is very hard but when you understand the game ,is amazing.
  31. Jan 21, 2013
    Valve aimed to improve on the CS series with this game and they did just that. Small tweaks add improvements and slight alterations to map designs fix what were uneven maps. This game as not advertised as a brand new game. It stays true to the feel and style of the previous titles. Since release, changes have continued as the dev team listens to the gamers and makes things even better.Valve aimed to improve on the CS series with this game and they did just that. Small tweaks add improvements and slight alterations to map designs fix what were uneven maps. This game as not advertised as a brand new game. It stays true to the feel and style of the previous titles. Since release, changes have continued as the dev team listens to the gamers and makes things even better. One fault currently is the lack of official maps, but these may be added in the future. Plus, the graphics look great. If your a fan of the CS games, you will enjoy GO. If you're not, give this game a shot and see if it's your type of play. They also added in different match making and play types including competitive play. These matches add another level of skill to the game and allow better organized clan play. Expand
  32. Jan 27, 2013
    Best game in a line of Counter Strike, a mixture of the two most popular online shooter in a wonderful game. Graphics by excerpts 2012 fine. I hope this game players are connected both games Counter Strike: Source and Counter Strike 1.6
  33. Feb 16, 2013
    The gameplay is, of course, CS-style yet it's quite different from both 1.6 and CSS which is not necessarily a bad thing. I see a lot of people complaining because it doesn't have the 1.6 feeling but that is fine in my opinion, I feel that every CS game is good and potentially competitive in its own way. If you're looking for something more "serious" than your average no-brain modernThe gameplay is, of course, CS-style yet it's quite different from both 1.6 and CSS which is not necessarily a bad thing. I see a lot of people complaining because it doesn't have the 1.6 feeling but that is fine in my opinion, I feel that every CS game is good and potentially competitive in its own way. If you're looking for something more "serious" than your average no-brain modern shooter then this game is for you. Expand
  34. Mar 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best FPS game since Call of Duty. Actually it is the best competitive FPS game ever, I strongly recommended everyone to play this game. It has more modes than counter strike 1.5, and more maps. Weapons are totally re-produced, new categories also introduced into this game. I must say thanks for the game company, well our dream game was saved and lasted. I will 100% buy the next expansion if there is. Expand
  35. May 19, 2013
    When this game got released, I was able to see the community "splitted": one who complained that CS was perfect as it was, and the other that it was a great innovation. I personally don't care which side is right, because, to me, this game is basically what the original CS should have done. And that is, to be more user friendly. Yes I also played the original CS (although just CS:S) and IWhen this game got released, I was able to see the community "splitted": one who complained that CS was perfect as it was, and the other that it was a great innovation. I personally don't care which side is right, because, to me, this game is basically what the original CS should have done. And that is, to be more user friendly. Yes I also played the original CS (although just CS:S) and I knew why it was good: it required skills in aiming, in timing and you needed team work, but it failed on the learning curve which was INSANE. Most of the matches were "Arena" based (there was also demolition but I rarely did it, while gungame was rare), and this was how I played: I entered, I walked in, I died from a headshot from an Ak-47 from an enemy at the other side of the map, I waited for my team to lose so I could respawn....this wasn't funny. Did I suck? Yeah of course, but I had no way to learn since I would die once I was alive! That's what this game did right: you finally can learn how to play, you can FINALLY play without fearing of dying after 10 seconds you've stepped in...and I started to enjoy! While this might be a rant in a way, what I'm trying to point out is that while it has no real innovation (just graphics and the interfaces), it's also much easier to learn and even newbies like me can go in, play and just try to have fun without being obsessively scared of dying! Of course, you can still play the original method as well, but it's all up to you to choose and you can easily try it once you've mastered it enough. Aside the fact of the innovation, it has also other benefits anyway: the maps are still good to this day, with almost no possibility for camping or hide perfectly, both because it requires a HUGE amount of aming, and in Deathmatch the respawns are random, so you can easily die anytime if you don't move. I believe we got less weapons now, but more "balanced" in a way, although I can't be totally sure since in the original game I couldn't buy due to the my lack income of money. For flaws, in my opinion, I still hate the hitboxes being clunky and very sporadic to hit (like I said, I might suck on this...but I would miss enemies even at blank point range, while for some reasons I was able to headshot with my shotgun. From the other side of the map!!!) and some weapons aren't exactly perfect and in the end people use few of them in total. All in all, I really enjoyed this game and for the first time I was able to play a Counter Strike game and have fun, without however neglecting the old community and giving us all the modes we used to play, plus some customizations. I might be a bad CS player for liking the "friendly" way this game approaches...but personally, if a game isn't fun and it's just made of frustration and constant complaining, it's not worth of my time and I easily quit it. A good remake, with a good learning curve this time. Expand
  36. Jun 23, 2013
    This may be the best version of Counterstrike, but by no means is it a perfect game.

I personally am not a big fan of the Counterstrike series, as the game is a good example of "the rich get richer". newbies often have little chance of doing well, as many seasoned players can almost instantly headshot you as you are running on the other side of the map. my opinion of this game is,

my opinion of this game is, its a fun distraction if you play against bots, dont expect to do good, as long-time players are the norm online... and the community isnt very friendly either... with people continually trolling and being annoying using the voip.
  37. Oct 24, 2013
    I'd write more about this but..... im in que sooooooo. CSGO= ADDICTIVE, INCREDIBLY FUN, FANTASTIC GAMEPLAY AND EXECUTION. THIS GAME COMES 2nd ONLY TO DOTA 2 WHEN IT COMES TO COMPETITIVE ONLINE PC AND I PLAY A LOT OF
  38. Oct 31, 2013
    As someone who's never played any of the other Counter Strikes this game is awesome. The skill required to play the game is tremendous, and the learning curve is never ending. You have to strive to actually get better, not just unlock stuff, which for many players who have braved the COD and Battlefield generation is a nice breath of fresh air.

Of the things I enjoy, the competitive

Of the things I enjoy, the competitive mode is what really stands out. 5 vs. 5, winner takes all matches, there is nothing better in gaming. You and your team have to actually work together to get stuff done, and most players take it seriously, which is nice. You will have bad matches, and the matchmaking can get frustrating, particularly being placed into a match where most people are of higher rank than you, but for the most part matches are typically even and both teams have an equal chance of winning.

The other game modes are fun and can help you learn how to play the game but I haven't played them all that much so it's not my place to talk about them. Arms race is one that's particularly fun and can help you learn how to handle all the weapons, but you wouldn't find me playing it anywhere near as much as I would competitive mode. Fun and helpful but not where the meat is.

I could go on about everything but that's not really my place. It works as it is, and for $15 you will be hard pressed to find a better bargain for the amount of fun this game will allot you. I wouldn't recommend it for your typical casual gamer, and there really isn't anything else besides the multiplayer component, but it's fun. Would recommend for anyone who's competitive or wants something new with their gaming.

~Sir Provost
  39. Dec 11, 2013
    The graphics are cool, gameplay is nice, but the services are terrible. The game crashes for me, and doesn't matters how many fixes I look for on the internet, the crashes never stop. This has been a known problem for a long while, and Valve never cared to look at it. The Competitive Matchmaking can sometimes take nearly 20 minutes, and can sometimes can throw you in a server on anotherThe graphics are cool, gameplay is nice, but the services are terrible. The game crashes for me, and doesn't matters how many fixes I look for on the internet, the crashes never stop. This has been a known problem for a long while, and Valve never cared to look at it. The Competitive Matchmaking can sometimes take nearly 20 minutes, and can sometimes can throw you in a server on another country with a ping of 200, if the server has hackers or too high ping you can't leave it because the penalties for leaving a competitive game are atrocious (even if it was not your fault, like if the power went down or something like that happened. Yeah, the system can't see a difference if you were disconnected due an external influence, or if was your decision to click on the Exit Game button). The game has a lot of potential, but I am frustrated enough that I could ask Valve for a refund, if I could. Expand
  40. Jan 19, 2013
    The only thing good about CSGO are the slightly improved graphics and easy game find function, but that is all. CS1.6 was amazing when it came out. Then CSS was weird at first but eventually was just awesome. Finally CSGO comes out and I don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed some parts of this game but overall the gameplay feels like a broken CSS.
  41. Oct 2, 2013
    This game is so much fun, the series was great and still is. Looking forward for the next release and it is very well priced as well. very well done developpers and thank you
  42. Sep 4, 2013
    While the game is fun and addicting, it seems way too different that CS: Source and CS 1.6, if you're going to play a CS game for the first time, go with CS: Source, then pick this up and compare.
  43. Apr 26, 2013
    Good remake with nice graphics but with so little new features sadly. I belive that valve could add something surprising and fixed the character movement, that is so artificial.
  44. Jul 20, 2013
    The Counter-Strike:Global Offensive is a great game the Counter-Strike:Global Offensives are well improve with it's new models,weapons,game modes,maps and game play. But the problem is the weapon draw sounds are the same and the old maps are not featured in the new generation of Counter-Strike.
  45. Dec 1, 2013
    To get it short, i expected something more than just the same content just with better graphics. Yes, the game is cheap but still. Its still the same old CS 1.6 just with some minor changes here and there. If you didnt like the predecessors there is no reason to like GO.
  46. Sep 10, 2013
    This game, like the earlier games in the counter strike series is just great. It keeps all he competitiveness and skill that was involved in counter strike source. But keep in mind, this game is mainly a big reskin of source with a few new upgrades that make it a bit more interesting, for $15 you can't go wrong. I still personally prefer Counter strike source to this game, but this gameThis game, like the earlier games in the counter strike series is just great. It keeps all he competitiveness and skill that was involved in counter strike source. But keep in mind, this game is mainly a big reskin of source with a few new upgrades that make it a bit more interesting, for $15 you can't go wrong. I still personally prefer Counter strike source to this game, but this game definitely does come close, GO BUY IT! Expand
  47. Nov 5, 2013
    Valve didn't make many changes to this game, but if they did, it was for the best.

Overall a very balanced yet not noob-friendly mutliplayer experience.
  48. Nov 29, 2013
    Counter-Strike Global Offensive brings almost everything that CS 1.6 brought when it came out.Classic CS maps,weapons, better sound quality, better graphics and more came together to re-create the Counter-Strike 1.6 atmosphere.For me this game is good and is the best CS game played untill now by me...I need to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of the series but this one is reallyCounter-Strike Global Offensive brings almost everything that CS 1.6 brought when it came out.Classic CS maps,weapons, better sound quality, better graphics and more came together to re-create the Counter-Strike 1.6 atmosphere.For me this game is good and is the best CS game played untill now by me...I need to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of the series but this one is really good!The high frequency of updates and why not cammos and in-game items will give a long life to this game just like Team Fortress 2. Expand
  49. Nov 8, 2013
    The release of custom skins and weapons was a great addition that attracted alot more people into the servers and into the competitive mode as well. The game is great and is updated many times., the community is awesome and the developers listen to their suggestions and some are really introduced to the game. However, the only downside I seem to find is the level of hackers in theThe release of custom skins and weapons was a great addition that attracted alot more people into the servers and into the competitive mode as well. The game is great and is updated many times., the community is awesome and the developers listen to their suggestions and some are really introduced to the game. However, the only downside I seem to find is the level of hackers in the competitive lobbies at higher levels ranks It's almost impossible to not find a lobby with a hacker on your team or the opposite team. Expand
  50. Nov 18, 2013
    One of the best games i've ever played, the maps are great and the only person you can blame for your failure is yourself, because you only die when you make mistakes it does have some balancing problems when you use the public matchmaking but for the price of 13 bucks its acceptable.
  51. Feb 9, 2014
    Counter Strike has always been a very competitive game. Generally all CS games are great but CS:GO takes it to the next level with the marketplace, weapon case, custom weapon finishes, etc. The fact that you can sell or buy stuffs at the marketplace, and also trade with friends adds a huge load of fun to the game. One of the best things about it is the price! Only 14.99$ on Steam for suchCounter Strike has always been a very competitive game. Generally all CS games are great but CS:GO takes it to the next level with the marketplace, weapon case, custom weapon finishes, etc. The fact that you can sell or buy stuffs at the marketplace, and also trade with friends adds a huge load of fun to the game. One of the best things about it is the price! Only 14.99$ on Steam for such a great game and I believe it should be worth about 24.99$ or so. Sure there are some people who might not like the CS kind of FPS experience but I heavily recommend it. Expand
  52. Nov 20, 2013
    I like this version of cs better than the rest. Although the classics are good, I do not like the way the developers are listening to 'pro' players and changing/nerfing certain guns. It was fine at launch. As well as paying for maps is a bit retarded. maps should be free especially if they are maps from the older version of the game as it should be in any cs games, no one should pay forI like this version of cs better than the rest. Although the classics are good, I do not like the way the developers are listening to 'pro' players and changing/nerfing certain guns. It was fine at launch. As well as paying for maps is a bit retarded. maps should be free especially if they are maps from the older version of the game as it should be in any cs games, no one should pay for extra maps, they make enough money from the market. Expand
  53. Jan 3, 2014
    CS:GO lacks decent match-making servers. You will miss shots that you shouldn't have and will result in frustration. However, community servers and services like ESEA will improve your competitive drive and experience. Also, there is a major cheating problem with currently no solution in match-making.
  54. Nov 28, 2013
    Great sequel to CSS, Good Graphics, game-play, competitive atmosphere is deeply endowed in what is one of the greatest FPS series of all time, only issue is Valve's incompetency in getting rid of hackers but always in line to create 90 new skins, the hacker base has grown in the past few days and I've seen at least 1 in my games every single day, casual or MM.
  55. Jan 21, 2014
    Speaking as someone who's only other FPS experience is TF2, CS GO was pleasantly surprising as i have not been foddered up by embarrassingly easy **** Everything, From the difficult but satisfying recoil on every gun to the fact that all the classic mode levels (except Office) are perfectly balanced without being asymmetrical. Valve have once again raised the bar for tactical FPS.
  56. Feb 11, 2014
    Counter-Strike Source was a game that I enjoyed from the moment I started playing it. It was a really fun modern warfare game that showed a new side to the genre in which instead of two armies facing each other, it was more of a game of cops and robbers, or in this case terrorists vs counter-terrorists. Now finally a sequel has been released titled Global Offensive. At first glance, peopleCounter-Strike Source was a game that I enjoyed from the moment I started playing it. It was a really fun modern warfare game that showed a new side to the genre in which instead of two armies facing each other, it was more of a game of cops and robbers, or in this case terrorists vs counter-terrorists. Now finally a sequel has been released titled Global Offensive. At first glance, people may think that it's just Source with more modern graphics. However, under those shiny new graphics, there is also far more to this game lying in its exterior. Because it is a multiplayer only game, it does not have an actual story mode. Therefore, unlike my reviews in the past, I will not be talking about the story. I will instead be talking about its presentation as a whole. So, does this game make its predecessors look bad, or should gamers just keep playing Source until the next millennium? Let's find out. As I stated, this is a multiplayer game, so the entire game revolves around the whole multiplayer experience. This game does not change much at all from the original Counter-Strike games. There are two teams (under tournament circumstances and bot matches, there are five on each team), and both sides can win either by killing everyone on the opposing team, or completing an objective. Different from the originals? No. Is this bad? Heck no! The gameplay of Counter-Strike was what made it so special in the first place. The gameplay still feels fast, furious, fun and fresh after all these years. It manages to keep these old modes, and also add new ones. The new gameplay mode additions to this game are called Arms Race, and Demolition. Arms Race is a mode where players compete for kills and get increasingly more powerful weapons with each kill. The winner is the first player to get kills with every weapon in the game. As for demolition, it is a much more traditional game of Counter-Strike, but instead of buying weapons at the end of every round, weaker weapons are awarded based on the amount of kills that you have. These new gameplay modes are a welcome addition to the game, and add more to Counter-Strike then it ever had before. Overall, the gameplay of this game is as fantastic as it has ever been. The graphics are probably the best of any Source Engine game as of yet released. Everything in this game looks absolutely stunning and beautiful. From the character models to the weapons, this game makes even its competitors look bad. Okay, that might be overstating it just a little. The source engine, though great, does not beat the graphical power of Dice's frostbite engine used for the Battlefield series. That's not to say the games graphics are bad, after all I just said they are fantastic. They just aren't Battlefield's. They are still better than Call of Duty however. The presentation is nice too. The U.I. is done very well, and so is the A.I. The A.I. is very intelligent and does its job very well. It has very good multiplayer servers. The maps are all very nice as well. It has many classic Counter-Strike maps, along with new ones. However, while this game's presentation is nice, there is one big problem that it will never overcome. It will never have the same lasting impact that Source and the original left on the gaming community. Sure it looks better, but it will probably never have the fanbase that Source has always had. This game is still fantastic on its own right however. Overall, I'd say that this game is totally worth buying, even if you have never played Counter-Strike before. That is why I recommend it to everyone who wants to play.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  57. Feb 1, 2014
    Since i don't have any of the counter-strike games that came before this, i don't know a lot about the series, but i'm just going to talk about my impressions of the game.

CS:GO is more a remake of CS:source with better graphics, smart changes to the old maps, new game modes, and some new features. This game clearly wasn't made for everyone, as it is less chaotic than CoD, and most

This game clearly wasn't made for everyone, as it is less chaotic than CoD, and most other modern shooters. New players will have a lot of difficulty with the differences in gameplay. Most weapons have a lot of recoil, which makes them hard to control, rushing isn't a good strategy as you will die quickly, and you have to be careful with your footstep noise. In this way, it is very realistic.
    Although there are 4 new game modes, competitive, in which one team tries to plant a bomb and the other team needs to defend it, is still by far the best and most played one. This is because every match is completely different from the other. Losing a round means earning less money, and less money means less powerful weapons to buy, and because of this, winning the first round gives you a huge advantage over the other team. Killing someone feels better than in any other game, because you know they won't come back, and it shows you that you've learned to play such a difficult game. Because of the system in which you don't respawn until the round has ended, your role greatly affects your small 5-player team. This is done better than in any other game i've played.

Overview:
    Gameplay: 9.5
    The game is very tactical and balanced, and your role greatly affects your team.

Graphics: 6.5
    Although the weapons look cool, the game's textures look pretty dated.

Sound: 8
    The soundtrack is decent, and weapons sound realistic.

Lasting appeal: 10
    This game can easily keep you busy for hundreds of hours.

FINAL RATING: 8.5
  58. Mar 2, 2014
    This game does counter strike well. I wasn't around for the era of 1.6 so this is a good introduction to the series for me. I have fun playing this game.
  59. Mar 26, 2014
    The game is really really good. Would have given the game 10 but i hate the micro transactions. The game has earned so well that all the items should have been free. Otherwise, well balanced weapons. The AWP really feels like a proper high caliber gun because you hit the enemy on any part of the body, he is bound to die. The side arms are a major improvement as they don't feel weakThe game is really really good. Would have given the game 10 but i hate the micro transactions. The game has earned so well that all the items should have been free. Otherwise, well balanced weapons. The AWP really feels like a proper high caliber gun because you hit the enemy on any part of the body, he is bound to die. The side arms are a major improvement as they don't feel weak anymore. Top notch weapon skins etc. One of the best multiplayer games i have ever played Expand
  60. Mar 11, 2014
    This is the first Game in the Counter Strike Genre i have played.
    Playing alone in competetive is fun but has it's downsides, and thats why i would advise everyone to play with a couple of friends, or a team for that matter.
    and with a low price point at 10 € i have so far gotten 100 hours out of it and im sure i'll play it alot more!
  61. Mar 15, 2014
    I am a old 1.6 cs gamer. and i can honestly say, that i really like this take on it. still the best competetive FPS ever made in my opinion. And the scene is just getting bigger and bigger. One think to mention is the "new" Skin system, which in first i thought was a bit lame. but now i find myself sitting with crossed fingers, when opening skin cases (which you can get after matches,I am a old 1.6 cs gamer. and i can honestly say, that i really like this take on it. still the best competetive FPS ever made in my opinion. And the scene is just getting bigger and bigger. One think to mention is the "new" Skin system, which in first i thought was a bit lame. but now i find myself sitting with crossed fingers, when opening skin cases (which you can get after matches, online, seems to be kinda random). well. Superb game i think Expand
  62. Mar 16, 2014
    It's very competitive and also renovated in comparison with older versions, with very good gameplay.
    One thing I really love is the fact of don't need to have a huge computer power, but I think it can enhance graphics a bit for those people who have a better GPU.
  63. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game that is updated regularly with new weapon skins and new maps, there has been a major upgrade a while ago that introduces lots of map that are new to CS:GO. It's also famous for competition and watching tournaments.
  64. Apr 1, 2014
    This is a great game, although when playing Casual in Defuse, just about everyone plays Dust 2, and that gets very annoying, I am very sick of this map now, but apart from that, a good game overall! Could have more modes (campaign where you could complete online with others? Like steam friends?)
  65. Oct 16, 2014
    Simulator Simulator 2914
    Mexican hating simulator 2914
    HAX SIMULATOR 3014
  66. Apr 23, 2014
    I came into this game with very little expectation for its success, after playing years of CS from the days of 1.3 up until its final release of 1.6 at a competitive level. Its hard to convince someone like me that Counter-Strike could be re-released as a updated version of its predecessor. I feel like failed epicly with CS:Source, that game felt nothing like 1.6 actually it felt like aI came into this game with very little expectation for its success, after playing years of CS from the days of 1.3 up until its final release of 1.6 at a competitive level. Its hard to convince someone like me that Counter-Strike could be re-released as a updated version of its predecessor. I feel like failed epicly with CS:Source, that game felt nothing like 1.6 actually it felt like a completely new game with similar version of maps. CS:Go is probably the closest game so far to bringing back to those days of the original 1.6 with a few perks that actually make it better in some aspects.

Gameplay: Standard fps that isn’t friendly to your run and gun style. It revolves some sort of skill and when you play competitive you will find that its not a forgiving game. It requires focus and team co-operation. This game is made for multiplayer as there is very little single player content. Matchmaking is where this game shines, no longer are players searching IRC and forums or leagues for a scrim or match. You are given a rank that does fairly well at placing you with evenly matched players. You will encounter hackers who will ultimately ruin your experience but if you can see past that the game is very well made.

Graphics: Up to date on today’s standards for computer graphic’s its nothing super special but it doesn't burn your eyes to play.

Replay Value: Considering its completely a multiplayer game and has a competitive (E-Sport) side to it. It comes down to how much you enjoy it, if you do you will find yourself going match after match trying to achieve higher ranks or you will log in from time after time to mess around on a public server. Either way replay value is extremely high.

Overall this game is a win, and if you are into the fps genre it is a must have. It will never replace 1.6 in the hearts of us old timers but it does justice to the name Counter-Strike.
  67. May 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It worths the weight!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Expand
  68. May 17, 2014
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and playCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and play quietly for hours! Expand
  69. Jun 3, 2014
    Counter-Strike is THE game.I really don't realize why ppl plays CoD or stuff like that... those games are just random. thats why there's no e-sports anymore around them. Counter-Strike has been the best FPS since its release on 2k. I'd like to see mm servers on 128 ticks and not just 64 which really cracks the game.. btw on lan and private servers this game is really addicting and givesCounter-Strike is THE game.I really don't realize why ppl plays CoD or stuff like that... those games are just random. thats why there's no e-sports anymore around them. Counter-Strike has been the best FPS since its release on 2k. I'd like to see mm servers on 128 ticks and not just 64 which really cracks the game.. btw on lan and private servers this game is really addicting and gives the adrenaline that every game should give, especially talking about fpses. I'm enjoying this game and always will. thanks counterstrike for keeping alive esports despites League of Legends and CoD **** alike. Expand
  70. Jun 4, 2014
    10/10 ruined my life, but there is some wall hackers and aimbotting. but the overwatch system takes most of them out.
    and for the price of 11 euro. it's awesome
  71. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is amazing I'v played cs 1.6 for 6 years cs:s for 1 year and cs:go bout 1 year and I quited cs 1.6 bcus of cs:go :) this game is jsut amazing I cant stop plaing it bcus tis fun there is comeptetive and skins u cna trade open cases ant othe rfun stuf os I recomend everybody buing it :)))

-SDC OUT
    Peace!
  72. Aug 8, 2014
    Global Offensive is not the original Counter-Strike, and although it's not that great, it's still good. Added some new game modes, changes the guns, added new features,... but keeps the core of its predecessor, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is some remarkable title in these days, when "Call of Duty" style shooter games rule the world.
  73. Jul 19, 2014
    One of the most, advanced and most pristine army games I have played, from its precision shooting, to its ridiculous amount of difficulty (what I mean here, is that you will die a lot more than any other army games I have played) and all the maps or most of them remind me of CS Source
  74. Jun 21, 2014
    Nice game! Buy all! Very good gameplay, matchmaking and skins!
  75. Jun 25, 2014
    Great game. It was a little rough around the edges when it came out a few years ago but not it's playing great. Competitive mode is where the fun. If that isn't for you there are other game modes. Also, there is a strong community base. There are thousands of custom maps and dozens of other game modes to play. For 15 dollars I've had way more fun playing CS Go than Battlefield 3 or 4.
  76. Jun 26, 2014
    Кому не нравится игра-вылейте себе бочку кислоты на голову!Игра супер!Стрельба крутая,звуки крутые,карты крутые,всё крутое!
  77. Jul 2, 2014
    minus the chatter boxes and nerd ragers, CS:GO brings competitive CS to the masses.

Game play is supreme, dynamic gun fights encounters galore!

Great job development team in bringing the popular custom maps and integrating them into something easily consumable.
  78. Aug 13, 2014
    I played since CS 1.6 and this Game is a Huge improvement.
    Better Graphics better Sound, Better Hostage System, better Weapon Balance and finally a good Hitbox.
    And some new Game modes that are Fun too
  79. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome game. I lost (and i will) many hours in that game. Great graphics, beautiful new weapon skins with the old and good mechanic of counter strike series.
  80. Aug 28, 2014
    A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite).A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite). The graphics are really good and don't strain your PC even on a low level gaming rig. The game is worth its $15 asking price, and seeing as how Valve constantly updates the game, its value surpasses the price. You'll find yourself being stuck in the addicting grind to get better weapon skins and to complete challenge missions to unlock more skins. I'd recommend for FPS fans who play on the PC and who are looking for a good competitive game. Expand
  81. Sep 7, 2014
    [RUS]Counter-Strike это великая классика, а Counter-Strike:Source была крутой и великолепной. Но когда вышла Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, я в неё долго не играл, но представлял какая она крутая.И вот сейчас она у меня есть и она мне понравилась. Графика отличная, музыка потрясающая, всё хорошо прорисовано, модельки выглядят отлично. Появились новые режимы, чему я благодарен. Новые[RUS]Counter-Strike это великая классика, а Counter-Strike:Source была крутой и великолепной. Но когда вышла Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, я в неё долго не играл, но представлял какая она крутая.И вот сейчас она у меня есть и она мне понравилась. Графика отличная, музыка потрясающая, всё хорошо прорисовано, модельки выглядят отлично. Появились новые режимы, чему я благодарен. Новые оружия, новая озвучка. Одним словом-советую.
    [ENG]Counter-Strike is a great classic and Counter-Strike:Source was steep and magnificent. But when I went Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, I didn't play, but was what she kratai now I have it and I liked it. The graphics are great, music is awesome, all well drawn, the models look great. There are new modes, which I am grateful. New weapons, new voice. One word of advise.
  82. Sep 20, 2014
    First of all...All the qualifications of this game are bad...because Valve has done something that it didn´t happen in all the games...and it is upgrade it...New guns, new maps, new events...They have modified some guns and some maps and now are better equilibrate...Now is one of the most sell games in PC every week after 2 years...The community is still growing and there are more playersFirst of all...All the qualifications of this game are bad...because Valve has done something that it didn´t happen in all the games...and it is upgrade it...New guns, new maps, new events...They have modified some guns and some maps and now are better equilibrate...Now is one of the most sell games in PC every week after 2 years...The community is still growing and there are more players every month after 2 years...Maybe when it was released, game mazines couldn´t expect that, but after 2 years, this game should have a 85 or more in both scores... Expand
  83. Oct 11, 2014
    This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo,This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo, Call of Duty) you actually need skillZ in this game, you can't just charge up and hold down the trigger button and expect to win. YOU NEED SKILLZ TO KILL. So basically y'all modern day "gamers" are gonna get pissed and stuff cause it takes too much skillZ only a boss can play this game, not some modern "AAA" gamer. WARNING THIS GAME TAKES TOO MUCH BOSSNESS AND SKILLZ, NOT FOR THE WEAK MINDED 9 YEAR OLDS THAT OCCUPIES MOST GAME COMMUNITIES THESE DAYZ. Expand
  84. Oct 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 1. Hacker and there is no anti hack.
    Number one of all is hacker. Team killing is **** People like to kill their own team for no reason. So, Cheaters are a VERY big problem currently and that is what made me stop playing. I agree with this The iBurger's comment with that. So yes, cheater is major one of all. This is why I stopped playing.
  85. Oct 9, 2014
    First Counter Strike game I've ever played, and albeit it had been a frustrating start getting used to the immense learning curve of the game, a couple of Youtube videos later and a bit of practice and I was fine. If you complain about how difficult the game is this is absolutely not, NOT Call of Duty. Excellent game and at a very reasonable $15.
  86. Oct 25, 2014
    Eine starke Verbesserung zu dem Vorgänger "Counter-Strike: Source" - nach über 100 Spielstunden noch immer eines meiner am liebsten gespielten Spiele, in meiner Gesamten Steam-Bibliothek, dass zum Teil auch wegen dieser großartig witzigen Community!

Grafik/Graphics: 8/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Community: 10/10
  87. Nov 8, 2014
    Believe me when I say, the people giving the negative reviews are just mad that they can't become a Nova.

Valve's Counter Strike: Global Offensive really delivers in a way that's pleasing to us all. The mechanics are optimized to the fullest extent, and the weapons and equipment are properly balanced so there are no overpowered parts to the game. The game is great, and the mechanics are great. The only problem is that CS:GO is practically just a re-distribution of the graphics where they need to be. It brings lots of new things to the table, but even with that, it's just Source with a makeover.
  88. Nov 12, 2014
    firstly id like to thank our lord and saviour gaben for blessing us with this game.

secondly dont play this game and expect to the best straight away. unless you have an extensive cs/competitive fps history you will get smashed in competitive mode. this game requires a multiple variety of different skills and above anything else patience to work within a team that some times will be working against you.

i see a lot of people complain that they cant just run around and hold down the mouse button, to you i say gb2cod/bf/halo. csgo and cs in general requires knowledge of each weapon and how that weapon behaves in certain situations.

if you're looking for a fps that rewards skill, knowledge and strategy then csgo/cs is for you.

the only down side to this game is the cheating and smurfing in comp mode. if valve could implement a better cheat detection system this game would be an 11/10.
  89. May 1, 2015
    So here's my verdict on the game.

Pros: - None. Seriously, I'm not joking. Cons: - Not tactical at all like everybody says. - Not fun. - Not addictive (why do people play this game for thousands of hours (literally)?) - No aim down sights, which is disappointing for two reasons. A) It's the year 2015. Battlefield 2 came out in 2005, and that had aim down sights. Why is it that
    So here's my verdict on the game.

Pros:
    - None. Seriously, I'm not joking.

Cons:
    - Not tactical at all like everybody says.
    - Not fun.
    - No aim down sights, which is disappointing for two reasons. A) It's the year 2015. Battlefield 2 came out in 2005, and that had aim down sights. Why is it that we don't have it 10 years on? B) In the trailer, right at the start (about 13 seconds in, or about 1:33 depending on which trailer you watch) a counter-terrorist is shown aiming at a terrorist. Why is it advertised, but not in the game? Surely that's some kind of false advertising.
    - The are hardly any guns.
    - The recoil is the same every time you shoot each weapon. Surely you could make it so that the pattern at least varies every so often?
    - I quite like to see proper map names in a game, not file names like "de_dust2". Surely you could just make it say "Dust 2"? It makes the game look unfinished, if you ask me - it looks like it's still undergoing debugging.
    - Costs too much money for what it is.
    - The maps are absolutely tiny.
    - The game feels generally unfinished. It feels like more development went into the cloth physics for the the molotov than any other part of the game.
    - The micro-transactions make the game a f***ing abomination. It's like, "Yay, I unlocked a case!" but then you are told you have to pay money to buy a key to unlock something you just earned for free. What a f***ing rip-off. And why are knives so f***ing expensive? What is the point in spending so much money on something that's usage is in a minority compared to everything else that is used by the player? I'm just glad I haven't wasted any more money on this piece of s*** game.

Overall, I would not reccomend this piece of f***ing s*** game. I wasted my money on this game and all the other Counter Strike games. It says in the description of the game on Steam, "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 14 years ago". What has it expanded upon? F*** all! The game has been the same since f***ing 1999!

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME - it is a rip-off and is falsely advertised in the trailer(s). It looks and feels unfinished, which for a game released in 2012, and now we're in the year 2015, is not good AT ALL. I have absolutely NO idea why the reviews for this game are "Overwhelmingly Positive", because there is nothing good about this game!

0/10. DO NOT BUY.
  90. Aug 21, 2012
    This is Sounter Strike. If you don't want Counter Strike don't buy it. It is a fantastic game, great balance, great gameplay and even great music. Don't treat this like Counter Strike: 2. And don't treat it like another game entirely. Counter Strike isn't broken so they haven't fixed it. They've evolved it.
  91. Aug 22, 2012
    CS:GO may seem too familiar to those who have played Source, but £11 for a new title is a bargain, especially given the quality. Source felt a bit wishy-washy, with no official modes and servers. CS:GO is not only well-organised but more catering to less experienced players whilst still retaining the essence of what makes counter-strike a proffessional gamer's shooter. New weaponsCS:GO may seem too familiar to those who have played Source, but £11 for a new title is a bargain, especially given the quality. Source felt a bit wishy-washy, with no official modes and servers. CS:GO is not only well-organised but more catering to less experienced players whilst still retaining the essence of what makes counter-strike a proffessional gamer's shooter. New weapons may seem more like reskins but I prefer the simplicity of having no silencers and the properly working stats and decent achievements right from the game's release as oppose to an update 5 years after the game's release or something. Global Offensive's graphics aren't vastly different, but it is certainly the best looking shooter on the Source engine to date, and doesn't look as outdated as it should do for a 2004 game engine. The game seems well balanced, snipers are impressive, the Scout/SSG is no longer terrible and genuinely viable in competitive matches. Blur is added to sniper scopes while moving to balance them too. WWeapons do seem balanced and people use more than just AK, MR, Deagle and AWP. The 4 game modes - Casual Competitive, Classic Competitive, Demolition and Arms Race means there's something for everyone. Sure there's no Capture the Flag but in a game where there's no sprinting, health regen, killstreaks, aim down sights or ability to revive or heal teammates, it's probably for the best. Gun game is finally officially supported, and Demolition simplifies the game by removing the need to buy weapons. I've always wanted to try counter-strike properly but Source was just far too disorganised and had other distractions. Global Offensive brings the classic game into a modern setting without falling into the trap of being a Call of Duty clone. It's still counter-strike, with exactly the same gameplay mechanics as the original, but presented in a more appealing and fun package. It certainly feels more welcoming for newcomers than Source, which is a big plus not only for competitive gaming but for the franchise as a whole. The only thing lacking is Team Deathmatch, however this would require a "Create a Class" which would turn it into CoD. Arms Race fills that spot, and Demolition combines Classic CS with Gun Game. The primary reason why this game is more accomodating is because it was meant to be a port of Source to Xbox LIVE, so obviously some things needed to be changed or added to broaden its appeal. And for the most part, Valve have done a great job. Matchmaking is efficient, bots for offline play are exclellent with decent AI programming rather than the predictably linear Source AI and the package as whole is much more modern as oppose to Source, where it was a case of "too little, too late" when they decided to update it. If you haven't played CS before and want to give it a go, this is the best game. Equally if you are a seasoned Veteran it might make for a refereshing start if you are looking to get back into it. Expand
  92. Aug 23, 2012
    This Game is just great. I played all CS Versions. The game is one of best Games ever made. The new Modes are funny and great too. I didn't see any bugs till now and the game runs very fast. Also I can easy find a Game without long waiting. The Contra is I can't choose what race of soldiers I can play I'm just CT or T. Also the new Buying menue needs some time to understand but than itsThis Game is just great. I played all CS Versions. The game is one of best Games ever made. The new Modes are funny and great too. I didn't see any bugs till now and the game runs very fast. Also I can easy find a Game without long waiting. The Contra is I can't choose what race of soldiers I can play I'm just CT or T. Also the new Buying menue needs some time to understand but than its cool. Great Game and the price for it is very very good. Expand
  93. Aug 24, 2012
    lets see, my favorite game of all time made again? I wonder what I will do... Give it a ten and buy it of course. But seriously, cs and css were some of the funnest games ever made. Lets look at cs:go, fun. yes. community maps? yes. mods. yes. Anything to complain about no. price. great!
  94. Sep 2, 2012
    Awesome. Better graphics, new guns that have been update from CSS, and the game itself is similar to CSS, which in my opinion is a great thing. Hopefully with this release there will be a larger community than there already is for Counter-Strike. I'm not sure if it is similar to 1.6 as I have never played it. Anyways, great game and it's only $15
  95. Oct 5, 2012
    Underrated game, I would probably rate 9, usually the highest I rate, but feel a 10 would be more appropriate for it's overall score. Anyway, the game itself plays very nicely in my opinion, and I find it in many cases more enjoyable than CS:S. I realise that the game hasn't seemed to hit hard yet, but Valve are already adding new maps and features all the time, and it almost feels likeUnderrated game, I would probably rate 9, usually the highest I rate, but feel a 10 would be more appropriate for it's overall score. Anyway, the game itself plays very nicely in my opinion, and I find it in many cases more enjoyable than CS:S. I realise that the game hasn't seemed to hit hard yet, but Valve are already adding new maps and features all the time, and it almost feels like the game is going to get better over-time, since they are famous for delaying games, and it is clear they wanted to satisfy the market. I would recommend that anyone that has bought the game to keep up with updates, major or minor, an in a while, we may have something even more golden for a community to start modding. Expand
  96. Aug 24, 2012
    Good game. It differs from other games of a series a counter strike. It has many advantages, but also there are shortcomings. And instead of watering game by dirt, report about game shortcomings that developers could improve game. 9/10!
  97. Aug 22, 2012
    As others have said - this is indeed the same old game albeit with a new coat of paint. I feel gamers, especially those interested in competitive FPS have come along way since CS and its days of glory. I don't think this is so much a game of skill anymore, but a dated classic that isn't terribly relevant these days. Still, for the price it's fast, accessible and fun, but there is muchAs others have said - this is indeed the same old game albeit with a new coat of paint. I feel gamers, especially those interested in competitive FPS have come along way since CS and its days of glory. I don't think this is so much a game of skill anymore, but a dated classic that isn't terribly relevant these days. Still, for the price it's fast, accessible and fun, but there is much better out there... Expand
  98. Jan 23, 2013
    Something for new and old CS players. The new game modes and skill-based matchmaking mean there is something for everyone, and coming into the game is not nearly as punishing as previous incarnations of CS. Already a large amount of maps and extra game-modes in the community servers in addition to Valve's official content.

Updates coming every 2 weeks, for free!
  99. Sep 10, 2012
    Very fun game like all Valve games and definitely worth 10 euro, compared to other games like BF3 who need 100 euro to get full boring and lazy game.

Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]