7.7

1. Aug 22, 2012
    CS:GO may seem too familiar to those who have played Source, but £11 for a new title is a bargain, especially given the quality. Source felt a bit wishy-washy, with no official modes and servers. CS:GO is not only well-organised but more catering to less experienced players whilst still retaining the essence of what makes counter-strike a proffessional gamer's shooter. New weaponsCS:GO may seem too familiar to those who have played Source, but £11 for a new title is a bargain, especially given the quality. Source felt a bit wishy-washy, with no official modes and servers. CS:GO is not only well-organised but more catering to less experienced players whilst still retaining the essence of what makes counter-strike a proffessional gamer's shooter. New weapons may seem more like reskins but I prefer the simplicity of having no silencers and the properly working stats and decent achievements right from the game's release as oppose to an update 5 years after the game's release or something. Global Offensive's graphics aren't vastly different, but it is certainly the best looking shooter on the Source engine to date, and doesn't look as outdated as it should do for a 2004 game engine. The game seems well balanced, snipers are impressive, the Scout/SSG is no longer terrible and genuinely viable in competitive matches. Blur is added to sniper scopes while moving to balance them too. WWeapons do seem balanced and people use more than just AK, MR, Deagle and AWP. The 4 game modes - Casual Competitive, Classic Competitive, Demolition and Arms Race means there's something for everyone. Sure there's no Capture the Flag but in a game where there's no sprinting, health regen, killstreaks, aim down sights or ability to revive or heal teammates, it's probably for the best. Gun game is finally officially supported, and Demolition simplifies the game by removing the need to buy weapons. I've always wanted to try counter-strike properly but Source was just far too disorganised and had other distractions. Global Offensive brings the classic game into a modern setting without falling into the trap of being a Call of Duty clone. It's still counter-strike, with exactly the same gameplay mechanics as the original, but presented in a more appealing and fun package. It certainly feels more welcoming for newcomers than Source, which is a big plus not only for competitive gaming but for the franchise as a whole. The only thing lacking is Team Deathmatch, however this would require a "Create a Class" which would turn it into CoD. Arms Race fills that spot, and Demolition combines Classic CS with Gun Game. The primary reason why this game is more accomodating is because it was meant to be a port of Source to Xbox LIVE, so obviously some things needed to be changed or added to broaden its appeal. And for the most part, Valve have done a great job. Matchmaking is efficient, bots for offline play are exclellent with decent AI programming rather than the predictably linear Source AI and the package as whole is much more modern as oppose to Source, where it was a case of "too little, too late" when they decided to update it. If you haven't played CS before and want to give it a go, this is the best game. Equally if you are a seasoned Veteran it might make for a refereshing start if you are looking to get back into it. Expand
  2. Aug 16, 2013
    Counter-Strike GO is sharp where it counts. It's very familiar to the long time veterans who have stuck around for over a decade while offering a much-appreciated face lift and slight variance/additions to bring it closer to modern-day shooters, instead of solely sticking to its "guns" and offering the one classic gametype that carried CS for years without fault. Counter-Strike as aCounter-Strike GO is sharp where it counts. It's very familiar to the long time veterans who have stuck around for over a decade while offering a much-appreciated face lift and slight variance/additions to bring it closer to modern-day shooters, instead of solely sticking to its "guns" and offering the one classic gametype that carried CS for years without fault. Counter-Strike as a franchise will likely never offer the expansive or immersive gameplay that titles such as Battlefield have come to master, but that's kind of the beauty of it. You can literally jump in and out of games at-will. No matter what, whether you're looking for 15 minutes of tactical fury or a 3-hour binge session, Counter-Strike GO still carries the ability to draw an audience and keep it especially for the fans that favor the less forgiving mindlessness that Call of Duty has rewarded so abundantly. Definitely worth a look. Expand
  3. May 19, 2015
    The classic Counter Strike returning to the new era of gaming .
  4. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    I hadn't played any CS game until GO went free for a weekend on Steam and I would be a liar if I said it was love at first sight. Everything was so difficult and I used to die like 20 times per match even against easy bots. I kept playing because I just loved its graphics too much to abandon it and now it's one of my favorite games. 10/10 graphics 9/10 gameplay 8/10 online experience 9/10 maps.
  5. Aug 21, 2012
    In a way there's not a lot of point in reviewing this. It is the best counterstrike version by a wide margin, and the new modes such as arms race are face-melting-ly good. But if you hate counterstrike this won't change your mind.
    If you're an old school fan like me and you want it to feel new again like it did back in 99 then this is TOTALLY the game for you!
  6. Jan 4, 2015
    A great competitive game that can be great tactically. With new maps being added all the time along with custom servers there is endless replay value. The graphics are pretty average but do their job. Then there is the weapon skins: the reason most people play this game. An excellent money making mechanic by valve is the weapon skins as they vary so much and have played it well with theA great competitive game that can be great tactically. With new maps being added all the time along with custom servers there is endless replay value. The graphics are pretty average but do their job. Then there is the weapon skins: the reason most people play this game. An excellent money making mechanic by valve is the weapon skins as they vary so much and have played it well with the marketplace and being able to sell your skins and buy new crates. It's highly addictive and makes you want to play more to then show off your skins. Expand
  7. Jun 29, 2014
    This beats COD any day. Thank you Gabe and everyone at Valve. You guys have probably made one of the (if not the best) FPS of 2011... and 2012... and 2013... and 2014... You know, this could be the FPS of the decade.
  8. Oct 3, 2015
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is not a bad FPS, but it's not an amazing game either. Because strange enough, you will never find the reason to see this as the ultimately perfect sequel.
  9. Apr 17, 2015
    Like COD but 10 times better

Like COD but 10 times better

This game ignores the soppy doppy emotional bullsh*t paired with call of duty and is flat out straight to the point "here's two sides, here's some guns, here's some awesome maps, now kill each other". Boom. Awesomeness ensues. The only thing I can nitpick with this game is that there are A LOT of ways to get killed from impossible angles. For example, I once got killed through a wall whilst the enemy was facing THE OTHER WAY....for real?

Nitpicking acide, far better than COD or Battlefield (OH! AND AWESOME GUN SKINS TOO!) buy it now!
  10. Aug 21, 2012
    After the huge success the Counter-Strike mod had for the original Half-Life, Valve bought the IP and made it a standalone game. Now 12 years later Counter-Strike is back with what is essentially a HD remake. Using the newest version of the Source engine the visuals are the best looking in a Valve game to date and by god are they pretty, even on the lowest settings. The game adds a few newAfter the huge success the Counter-Strike mod had for the original Half-Life, Valve bought the IP and made it a standalone game. Now 12 years later Counter-Strike is back with what is essentially a HD remake. Using the newest version of the Source engine the visuals are the best looking in a Valve game to date and by god are they pretty, even on the lowest settings. The game adds a few new maps, a couple of new guns and introduces a new, easier to use interface along with vastly improved matchmaking mechanics. If you don't own a Counter-Strike game already then his is the package for you but if you are already an existing fan then £16 for a graphical upgrade and a handful of new features may not be enough to sway your decision. Expand
  11. Apr 5, 2016
    Talk about improvement. CS:GO is by far one of the best team-based multiplayer shooters out there with almost perfect controls, graphics, classic shooting game play. Plus, it's not so resource-demanding; even some low-spec units can run this on a satisfying performance.
  12. Jan 7, 2015
    A few years ago I wouldn't have even touched this game because it has a steep learning curve but last year I bought it on steam and I'm glad I did. It's a lot of fun. There aren't any classes or a level up system but it's pure tactical awesomeness.
  13. May 21, 2013
    CS:GO is one of the most fun shooters I have ever played. Its game play makes you feel accomplished after every kill and actually takes a fair amount of skill to be good at. The only complaint that i have is that sadly some game modes i cant even step foot into as they are just dominated by "Pro" gamers. I dont stand a chance in game modes like Competitive Demoliton and i understand why,CS:GO is one of the most fun shooters I have ever played. Its game play makes you feel accomplished after every kill and actually takes a fair amount of skill to be good at. The only complaint that i have is that sadly some game modes i cant even step foot into as they are just dominated by "Pro" gamers. I dont stand a chance in game modes like Competitive Demoliton and i understand why, so i dont play it. Its a game that is well balanced and has few flaws, and is just genuinely fun to play even if you arnt good at it. Expand
  14. May 30, 2013
    Anger, frustration, humiliation, and just... pure RAGE online with other people who know the maps better than you and get killed OVER 30 TIMES! I LOVE IT!
  15. Jun 24, 2015
    One of the most, advanced and most pristine army games I have played, from its precision shooting, to its ridiculous amount of difficulty (what I mean here, is that you will die a lot more than any other army games I have played) and all the maps or most of them remind me of CS Source
  16. Jan 21, 2017
    evrewone has it now i got it and i don't regret it a second
    a lot of guns great combat and good maps
    i now its old but becouse it still is played a lot it can get a graphical update
  17. Sep 2, 2012
    I am so happy to say that Counter-Strike has been properly remade! When I am playing it brings back the amazing memories of 1.6 and having my own server, which I will again strive for in CS:GO. I liked Source, but overall the mechanics didn't feel right to me. Valve definitely hit the nail square on the head with the CS:GO engine, very good graphics and models with smooth and fast pacedI am so happy to say that Counter-Strike has been properly remade! When I am playing it brings back the amazing memories of 1.6 and having my own server, which I will again strive for in CS:GO. I liked Source, but overall the mechanics didn't feel right to me. Valve definitely hit the nail square on the head with the CS:GO engine, very good graphics and models with smooth and fast paced game play. The guns are also great and the buy menu is easy to navigate. The ONLY reason I am not giving this game a 10 is because there are already hacks available and people using them, there has to be a way to stop this Valve/Steam! Expand
  18. Oct 16, 2014
    Simulator Simulator 2914
    Mexican hating simulator 2914
    HAX SIMULATOR 3014
  19. Jan 8, 2015
    CS: GO is a competitive game, which is both fun and challenging. There are hackers in this game which they know where players are and also when you walk around a corner they shoot you before you can shoot them. If you do plan on playing this game, I recommend using ESEA to play with no hackers. But sadly with ESEA you cant rank up your account due to you would be playing on ESEA's private servers.
  20. Dec 8, 2015
    I played CS 1.6 and Source for almost 10 years, and with that in mind, I think CS: GO is a great continuation for the franchise. Sure, the game had a very rocky start and in the first 1-2 years it struggled to gain a large player base, but it is in a very good state right now. CS:GO has brought counterstrike back to its reigning spot as the #1 esport FPS.
  21. Dec 18, 2015
    GO is really a masterpiece. Same game, lots of great improvments. The only bad things are cheaters and russians, but damn I won't let them spoil my best game.
  22. Jul 4, 2016
    Another great FPS from Valve Software. If you were into Counter-Strike 1.6, this game will be much better, belive me. Now, competitive mode is officially in the game, so you will not need to look for mixes on diferent web-sites, and it's actually amazing! They've upgraded the graphics and created a few official game modes which can be played by anyone. The one con I can say about is theAnother great FPS from Valve Software. If you were into Counter-Strike 1.6, this game will be much better, belive me. Now, competitive mode is officially in the game, so you will not need to look for mixes on diferent web-sites, and it's actually amazing! They've upgraded the graphics and created a few official game modes which can be played by anyone. The one con I can say about is the cost. Not that I can't pay a few dollars for this game, but some people consider that it should be free. Well, maybe, I dunno. However, it's a masterpiece. Expand
  23. Dec 28, 2013
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a classic first person shooter from Valve. I've played it now about 60 hours and I'm not tired of this game. If you have a coordinated team it is a lot of fun. And there are modes where you can play without big tactics. The graphics are not that good and the atmosphere is sterile. Gameplay and level design are perfect, no shooter I've ever played is atCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is a classic first person shooter from Valve. I've played it now about 60 hours and I'm not tired of this game. If you have a coordinated team it is a lot of fun. And there are modes where you can play without big tactics. The graphics are not that good and the atmosphere is sterile. Gameplay and level design are perfect, no shooter I've ever played is at this mechanics so perfect. Expand
  24. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

25. Mar 2, 2015
    The best aspect of 'Counterstrike' is how with each new release, the gameplay remains the same as it was back when everyone was still playing on dial up connections and crappy white and beige CRT monitors, while still offering modern day graphics and updated game engines. Now, having a game where the core gameplay never changes might actually sound like a terrible thing for games to doThe best aspect of 'Counterstrike' is how with each new release, the gameplay remains the same as it was back when everyone was still playing on dial up connections and crappy white and beige CRT monitors, while still offering modern day graphics and updated game engines. Now, having a game where the core gameplay never changes might actually sound like a terrible thing for games to do these days, like with the 'Call of Duty' franchise for instance, but with 'Counterstrike' it's exactly what you want. It's not that the developers are lazy or no longer posses the skills to be creative, it's the fact that this game is so loved, so already perfect, that anything other than aesthetic updates would be a crime against humanity.

Other than that, what else is there to really say about 'Counterstrike' that hasn't already been said? It's the game that got millions of 90's kids to harass their parents for faster modems and better video cards. It's the game that kept myself and many of my friends up over countless nights all because the server '24/7 Militia' was a real thing that existed. It's the game that coined the term 'spray and pray'. It's the game that played perfectly fine on 56K modems way before cable internet even existed. You get the idea. Counterstrike is great and if you haven't played it yet, you probably should. I for one know that I'll never get the sound of 'Counter Terrorists' and 'Terrorists Win' out of my mind, and I'm totally okay with that.
  26. Aug 23, 2012
    Maybe the only FPS where it truly boils down to a game of pure skill. No bullsh*t perks or kill streaks, no auto-turrets, no air strikes. If you want to win in Counter-Strike, you have to learn the maps, play smart, and have fast reflexes. Since you work for each and every kill, it's much more satisfying than other current gen shooters. It's a real shame that the console version isn'tMaybe the only FPS where it truly boils down to a game of pure skill. No bullsh*t perks or kill streaks, no auto-turrets, no air strikes. If you want to win in Counter-Strike, you have to learn the maps, play smart, and have fast reflexes. Since you work for each and every kill, it's much more satisfying than other current gen shooters. It's a real shame that the console version isn't closer to the PC version though, they could have given COD a run for their $. Expand
  27. May 17, 2014
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and playCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and play quietly for hours! Expand
  28. Apr 24, 2013
    Believe it or not, I actually like this version of Counter-Strike better than its prequel, Counter-Strike Source, unlike most people who have reviewed this game in the past. When I first bought CS: Source, I really enjoyed everything about it, except for the graphics, which looked rather dated by today's graphical standards. This game updates the game's graphics, thus fixing the problem.Believe it or not, I actually like this version of Counter-Strike better than its prequel, Counter-Strike Source, unlike most people who have reviewed this game in the past. When I first bought CS: Source, I really enjoyed everything about it, except for the graphics, which looked rather dated by today's graphical standards. This game updates the game's graphics, thus fixing the problem. As for the gameplay, it is the same as it has always been: fast-paced multiplayer action. That's perfectly fine, I don't think this needs to change one bit. Counter-Strike should stay this way in order to stop it from being like certain OTHER modern warfare games (I'm looking at you COD and Battlefield). This game has the classic Counter-Strike game modes of hostage rescue and bomb disposal, however, it also adds two new modes into the mix to shake things up a little. Along with these two modes, it also adds arms race and demolition. These modes manage to keep the gameplay fresh and enjoyable for everyone by awarding people with new weapons for kills. There is no story for this game, but it doesn't need one. The game is just insane multiplayer action for everyone, so a story is rather unnecessary. This game does also have issues however. The game does crash quite a bit. I'm not so sure if this is a problem just with me, or if it's for everyone, but it keeps crashing and giving me errors such as "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request". The good news is that this game is one of the faster launching games in my Steam line-up, so this does not hurt the game very much, and it is easy to recover from a game crash such as this. However, there is also another problem. This game lacks a lot of the old maps that veteran CS:S players will have come to recognize. Valve will probably add more in with future updates, but for now, there aren't too many classic maps, and several for the new arms race and demolition modes. Lastly, despite this game being better than Source, it probably will never have the lasting impact Source left on the video game community. Source was much more influential than this game, creating an online community that is still active to this day. However, I still think that this game is better, due to the upgrades that were made on the existing mechanics of Source, along with the new modes. Overall, this game is one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played. It does nothing to reinvent the Counter-Strike franchise, but it doesn't even have to. All Counter-Strike really needed was a graphical upgrade, a few new modes, and a few more tweaks on existing mechanics, and it got it. Expand
  29. Apr 26, 2014
    This is pure and classic counter-strike formula, updated for more modern gaming. Its worth picking up if you are a CS fan or enjoy multiplayer FPS games. Plus you can get it on sale for really cheap if you're patient enough.
  30. Jun 15, 2013
    CS: GO may seem like an unnecessary addition to the CS franchise: the core game play is still the same and the game still only uses the source engine. However, CS: GO makes some good additions and refinements to the formula. There are new guns, improved graphics and some of the maps have been re-made and re-balanced. There are also some new game modes such as arms race and this is a goodCS: GO may seem like an unnecessary addition to the CS franchise: the core game play is still the same and the game still only uses the source engine. However, CS: GO makes some good additions and refinements to the formula. There are new guns, improved graphics and some of the maps have been re-made and re-balanced. There are also some new game modes such as arms race and this is a good game mode for those that don't like having to wait when they die. The new game modes are representative of an experience one would expect from a traditional COD game, and Valve have done a good job fitting it into the Counter-strike experience. CS:GO is also very cheap too ($15) and if you wait for Steam sales you can even get it at half of that, making it an absolute steal. All said, CS: GO makes some good changes to the formula and adds in more modes to appeal to the broader audience. Recommended. Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. CD-Action
    Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]