7.8

1. Aug 21, 2012
    Awesome. Better graphics, new guns that have been update from CSS, and the game itself is similar to CSS, which in my opinion is a great thing. Hopefully with this release there will be a larger community than there already is for Counter-Strike. I'm not sure if it is similar to 1.6 as I have never played it. Anyways, great game and it's only $15.
  2. Aug 22, 2012
    I have been having a ton of fun with this game. It's a big upgrade from CSS. The guns feel amazing and the graphics are fantastic! I can't get enough of the new Demolition mode! If you need a reason own a PC and a Steam account, this is it. It's only $15, and all planned DLC is going to be free. FREE! Go get this right now!
  3. Aug 24, 2012
    lets see, my favorite game of all time made again? I wonder what I will do... Give it a ten and buy it of course. But seriously, cs and css were some of the funnest games ever made. Lets look at cs:go, fun. yes. community maps? yes. mods. yes. Anything to complain about no. price. great!
  4. Mar 20, 2014
    Don't buy this game if your a CS veteran player. the *aiming* in this game is horrible for a FPS !
    The whole game feels badly made and the CS feeling is totally gone !

If you wish to play CS go play CS Source. !
  5. Sep 20, 2013
    It's counter-strike. No innovation here, but what it does, it does well. There is pretty much no aimbotting, so that is a big plus, although I have seen wallhacks and smoke hacks.

This version plays a lot like CS 1.0, for those who can remember that far back. 1.0 was fairly different from 1.3, which was again fairly different from 1.6. But yeah, this is a very nice iteration of CS in my
    opinion, so 8/10 from me. Expand
  6. Aug 16, 2013
    Counter-Strike GO is sharp where it counts. It's very familiar to the long time veterans who have stuck around for over a decade while offering a much-appreciated face lift and slight variance/additions to bring it closer to modern-day shooters, instead of solely sticking to its "guns" and offering the one classic gametype that carried CS for years without fault. Counter-Strike as a franchise will likely never offer the expansive or immersive gameplay that titles such as Battlefield have come to master, but that's kind of the beauty of it. You can literally jump in and out of games at-will. No matter what, whether you're looking for 15 minutes of tactical fury or a 3-hour binge session, Counter-Strike GO still carries the ability to draw an audience and keep it especially for the fans that favor the less forgiving mindlessness that Call of Duty has rewarded so abundantly. Definitely worth a look. Expand
  7. Aug 22, 2012
    As others have said - this is indeed the same old game albeit with a new coat of paint. I feel gamers, especially those interested in competitive FPS have come along way since CS and its days of glory. I don't think this is so much a game of skill anymore, but a dated classic that isn't terribly relevant these days. Still, for the price it's fast, accessible and fun, but there is much better out there... Expand
  8. Aug 21, 2012
    Pretty ok. I was kinda hoping for something different, but it's the same exact thing as the previous games. If you like counterstrike, you'll probably like this. I prefer BF3.
  9. Nov 4, 2012
    Counter-Strike going Call of Duty, AKA being a bunch of sell-out whores for the current generation of little peer-pressured kids with hormone problems.
  10. Aug 22, 2012
    To start out: I have mainly played quake/ut style games since '96 and while I've dabbled in CS through LANs and such back in the day, my interest was very weak. Mainly because the game is very slow paced and favors 2 tactics: mobbing and camping down a thin avenue of approach. This combined with bullet spray mechanic when moving makes aggression a weak and stupid tactic. I don't like playing this style game, but gave it a chance when valve released cs:s. Again, the same, but bullet spray and poor hit detection seemed amplified and I gave it up fairly quickly. Now we have CS:GO. To begin, the game is gorgeous and has more infrastructure to it than any CS before. It DOES have matchmaking which is annoying, but there is also the option to play dedicated so who cares? The bullet spray is either tighter or the netcode better, I dunno which. Overall it's still the same gameplay. The purchase interface is wanky, but most players will bind the relevant options and never use it anyway. If you love CS of any flavor, there is no reason you won't like this one. On the other hand, if you think CS gameplay is stale and want to see it mixed up so that aggression and and precision are rewarded rather than penalized, look elsewhere. This is classic CS with a beautiful engine on top. I think the game is a 4 gameplay wise, but I give it a 7 as most people reading this are probably CS players, and I think it's an accurate representation of what a CS player would award this game. Expand
  11. Nov 11, 2012
    I really love this game. The ELO team skill ranking really works and they keep making updates, so each time is better than before. Competitive mode is so nice... if u abandon 4 matches in less than a week, you get banned for 1 week. Best Counter Strike ever for only $15.

CS:GO > CS 1.6 > CS:Source
  12. Sep 4, 2012
    What a horrible, old fashioned piece of crap :( CS was probably good after Doom/Quake back in the olden days but this was not worth my money. Worst FPS ever IMO.
  13. Mar 15, 2014
    Best game in the franchise since CS 1.6. Same amazing team-based gameplay with some new guns, grenades, and much more. Valve is working very hard with the players on this one and it is the most constantly updated and worked on Counter-Strike game ever. In fact, Valve and Hidden Path were working with the CS community the whole time this game was being developed and they still are for updates.

With new "operations" players are able to spend a small amount of money to support community map makers and be able to play on those maps they work so hard on to make. In addition, recent updates such as the Arms Deal update allow players to have their own gun skins, apply stickers, and even name weapons.

As anyone who is new to the franchise, expect a difficult learning curve that is incredibly rewarding to overcome. Valve and Hidden Path are really outdoing themselves with this installment and I look forward to future updates.
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    The Game is good! The engine works, the Grphic and sound is good, The new Modi´s and weapons are good and the Gameplay is like CS:S, so nothing is changed! CS:GO is a good game for a lot of players how played CS:S, but i like more the Big-Map-Ego-Shooter, like BF3, with tanks and heli´s!
    But it is a good game, you can buy it or not...
    How you like...
  15. Sep 28, 2012
    I play CS all my life. Since 1.3 to CS:S. I remember when people did not like CSS. But i think css more realistic, more stable and more balanced. And now i think can say.. This not CS, this isn't even game.
  16. May 19, 2013
    When this game got released, I was able to see the community "splitted": one who complained that CS was perfect as it was, and the other that it was a great innovation. I personally don't care which side is right, because, to me, this game is basically what the original CS should have done. And that is, to be more user friendly. Yes I also played the original CS (although just CS:S) and I knew why it was good: it required skills in aiming, in timing and you needed team work, but it failed on the learning curve which was INSANE. Most of the matches were "Arena" based (there was also demolition but I rarely did it, while gungame was rare), and this was how I played: I entered, I walked in, I died from a headshot from an Ak-47 from an enemy at the other side of the map, I waited for my team to lose so I could respawn....this wasn't funny. Did I suck? Yeah of course, but I had no way to learn since I would die once I was alive! That's what this game did right: you finally can learn how to play, you can FINALLY play without fearing of dying after 10 seconds you've stepped in...and I started to enjoy! While this might be a rant in a way, what I'm trying to point out is that while it has no real innovation (just graphics and the interfaces), it's also much easier to learn and even newbies like me can go in, play and just try to have fun without being obsessively scared of dying! Of course, you can still play the original method as well, but it's all up to you to choose and you can easily try it once you've mastered it enough. Aside the fact of the innovation, it has also other benefits anyway: the maps are still good to this day, with almost no possibility for camping or hide perfectly, both because it requires a HUGE amount of aming, and in Deathmatch the respawns are random, so you can easily die anytime if you don't move. I believe we got less weapons now, but more "balanced" in a way, although I can't be totally sure since in the original game I couldn't buy due to the my lack income of money. For flaws, in my opinion, I still hate the hitboxes being clunky and very sporadic to hit (like I said, I might suck on this...but I would miss enemies even at blank point range, while for some reasons I was able to headshot with my shotgun. From the other side of the map!!!) and some weapons aren't exactly perfect and in the end people use few of them in total. All in all, I really enjoyed this game and for the first time I was able to play a Counter Strike game and have fun, without however neglecting the old community and giving us all the modes we used to play, plus some customizations. I might be a bad CS player for liking the "friendly" way this game approaches...but personally, if a game isn't fun and it's just made of frustration and constant complaining, it's not worth of my time and I easily quit it. A good remake, with a good learning curve this time. Expand
  17. Oct 14, 2012
    Ok, what have we here... Ah yes. I don't like Valve games, never liked, but i bought CS:GO to look for the magic of CS, same as the other titles btw. And to be honest, i didn't find it at all. This is the latest build of Source engine - hope the last - but still game looks ugly, compare to much older L4D2. Tons of HDR, bloom and motion blur, only to hide graphics bugs / glitches and make you feel like something fresh new. I would say, this game is similiar to another ugly and almost forgotten child of Valve - Counter Strike: Condition Zero. In fast mode, games keeps connecting to official Valve servers, which can be described only as trash cans.Thank god, there is a server list, so the choice can be more civilised. Some say game is cheap and because of that, worth of buying, i say it looks and feels cheap as well. Expand
  18. Aug 23, 2012
    This really is the best CS game to date. The weapons and shootings feels great and the new game modes brings more variety if youre bored of the standard mode. The only thing that could be improved is the map selection but I'm sure this will be improved with future patches and Steam workshop.
  19. Oct 5, 2012
    Underrated game, I would probably rate 9, usually the highest I rate, but feel a 10 would be more appropriate for it's overall score. Anyway, the game itself plays very nicely in my opinion, and I find it in many cases more enjoyable than CS:S. I realise that the game hasn't seemed to hit hard yet, but Valve are already adding new maps and features all the time, and it almost feels like the game is going to get better over-time, since they are famous for delaying games, and it is clear they wanted to satisfy the market. I would recommend that anyone that has bought the game to keep up with updates, major or minor, an in a while, we may have something even more golden for a community to start modding. Expand
  20. Aug 21, 2012
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the $15 (cheap!)
  21. Aug 29, 2012
    This got me back into CS, which is reason enough to warrant a 10. CS is arguably one of the best skill-based games in the history of videogames and changing the formula would only hurt it. Thanks for the gfx update, Valve! I'll probably try and do some mapping again, too.
  22. Sep 2, 2012
    Awesome game! A good continuation after bad CS:S. Recommend! Valve have done a great job and they keep update this game. It surely will be better soon! :)
  23. Sep 21, 2012
    As a long time player of 1.6 I was very disappointed by Counter-Strike: Source and thought that CS:GO would make the same mistakes. I was wrong. This is a good game and I hope the professional community looks at moving on from 1.6 as the Starcraft community has moved on from Broodwar.
  24. Dec 10, 2012
    NOT FOR NOOB! if you are a noob don't buy it! It is hard and you must improve yourself to learn to win! It's HARD! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB!
  25. Aug 31, 2012
    Quite honestly, mediocre and unnecessary. All it is, is counter-strike source with an updated source engine, and a few re modeled guns. This in no way had to be a new game, it brings nothing new to the counter-strike series, and it in no way should be praised as a revolution of the genre. This is coming from a counter-strike veteran who's played CS since 1.3, and also played CSS. I also got into the CS:GO beta quite early and immediately i noticed it was quite lack luster. Kind of a shame that they didn't try to do anything new or fresh with the genre. It's just a new coat of paint on the same car. Expand
  26. Aug 22, 2012
    Ok, this game just blew me away the moment as I started. With brand new graphics, new weapons, new leaderboard system, training mode, and more. CS:GO delivers just as well as the previous installments of the franchise, but sugarcoated once again for us, all for the low price of $15. Sure, it's not going to be the same as 1.6, CZ, or Source, but then again there are many people playing those games to this date. 1.6 Still pulls in at least 60,000 on a daily basis. When was the last time COD2 was that high recently? I have to give this game a perfect score because I was a huge fan of Source and love GO just as much. I still plan to get the originals someday since I didn't play PC games that long ago. Expand
  27. Aug 21, 2012
    It's an improvement over the original CS in terms of accessibility and game modes, but make no mistake, it's still the same game with a new coat of paint. This is either a good or bad thing depending on how you felt about CS in the first place, but I will say that it's showing its age.
  28. Aug 21, 2012
    This is Counter-Strike. If you don't like Counter-Strike, GET OUT. The three negative reviews expected something other than Counter-Strike. I could never get into Counter-Strike because of how you are either a total noob at the bottom of the scoreboards or a pro who can kill the entire team in 5 seconds. And it takes hundreds of hours of boredom to get good. In CSGO, that all changes. I'm actually having fun. The graphics are the best Valve has done, the UI is very clean, and the new voice acting is actually pretty good. The recoil and hit detection changed, and now instead of dying as soon as I see an enemy I actually use cover, throw grenades, and more. It's a much more active game. The new maps are the best ever made in Counter-Strike. They are very vertical, which encourages flanking, tactics, risk vs reward, and more. The Arsenal Demolition mode is possibly the best idea ever for a game. The inexperienced have a chance of fighting back against pros, because AK47s and P90s deals more damage than a P2000. The pros feel a sense of accomplishment and play just to see how far they can go. I don't care much for the gungame (A CS original, CoD stole it), but it's rather well done. The new weapons and balancing really make the 12 year old game feel brand new. I didn't care much for the casual mode, as it is only very small changes. And, IT'S $15. IT'S 1/4 OF THE PRICE OF A NEW CALL OF DUTY GAME, AND IT OFFERS SOMETHING THEY DON'T HAVE (GOOD CORE GAMEPLAY). If you want Counter-Strike, don't hesitate to buy it. Expand
  29. Jun 23, 2013
    This may be the best version of Counterstrike, but by no means is it a perfect game.

I personally am not a big fan of the Counterstrike series, as the game is a good example of "the rich get richer". newbies often have little chance of doing well, as many seasoned players can almost instantly headshot you as you are running on the other side of the map.

my opinion of this game is,
    its a fun distraction if you play against bots, dont expect to do good, as long-time players are the norm online... and the community isnt very friendly either... with people continually trolling and being annoying using the voip. Expand
  30. Aug 25, 2012
    Great game I love it and play just every day,of course it's worse than cod or battlefield,but that's pretty damn good.And to haters this game is awesome.
  31. Apr 24, 2013
    Believe it or not, I actually like this version of Counter-Strike better than its prequel, Counter-Strike Source, unlike most people who have reviewed this game in the past. When I first bought CS: Source, I really enjoyed everything about it, except for the graphics, which looked rather dated by today's graphical standards. This game updates the game's graphics, thus fixing the problem. As for the gameplay, it is the same as it has always been: fast-paced multiplayer action. That's perfectly fine, I don't think this needs to change one bit. Counter-Strike should stay this way in order to stop it from being like certain OTHER modern warfare games (I'm looking at you COD and Battlefield). This game has the classic Counter-Strike game modes of hostage rescue and bomb disposal, however, it also adds two new modes into the mix to shake things up a little. Along with these two modes, it also adds arms race and demolition. These modes manage to keep the gameplay fresh and enjoyable for everyone by awarding people with new weapons for kills. There is no story for this game, but it doesn't need one. The game is just insane multiplayer action for everyone, so a story is rather unnecessary. This game does also have issues however. The game does crash quite a bit. I'm not so sure if this is a problem just with me, or if it's for everyone, but it keeps crashing and giving me errors such as "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request". The good news is that this game is one of the faster launching games in my Steam line-up, so this does not hurt the game very much, and it is easy to recover from a game crash such as this. However, there is also another problem. This game lacks a lot of the old maps that veteran CS:S players will have come to recognize. Valve will probably add more in with future updates, but for now, there aren't too many classic maps, and several for the new arms race and demolition modes. Lastly, despite this game being better than Source, it probably will never have the lasting impact Source left on the video game community. Source was much more influential than this game, creating an online community that is still active to this day. However, I still think that this game is better, due to the upgrades that were made on the existing mechanics of Source, along with the new modes. Overall, this game is one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played. It does nothing to reinvent the Counter-Strike franchise, but it doesn't even have to. All Counter-Strike really needed was a graphical upgrade, a few new modes, and a few more tweaks on existing mechanics, and it got it. Expand
  32. Aug 21, 2012
    Some people say this game is like source, I would say it's more like 1.6, and 1.6 is the best! But this game really gets up to par with 1.6. I highly recommend this game. It really captured the essence of 1.6!
  33. Sep 4, 2012
    It worths the weight!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  34. Jun 23, 2013
    This game has flaws, it lacks a lot of the maps from the previous counter-strike games and new updates keep nerfing weapons (deagle, AUG and Sg550), but despite these rather minor flaws this game is very good and enjoyable, and worth playing. Valve has brought many new changes to counter-strike, and I especially liked the the new competetive gameplay and the two new game mods; demolition and arms race. Expand
  35. Aug 22, 2012
    CS:GO may seem too familiar to those who have played Source, but £11 for a new title is a bargain, especially given the quality. Source felt a bit wishy-washy, with no official modes and servers. CS:GO is not only well-organised but more catering to less experienced players whilst still retaining the essence of what makes counter-strike a proffessional gamer's shooter. New weapons may seem more like reskins but I prefer the simplicity of having no silencers and the properly working stats and decent achievements right from the game's release as oppose to an update 5 years after the game's release or something. Global Offensive's graphics aren't vastly different, but it is certainly the best looking shooter on the Source engine to date, and doesn't look as outdated as it should do for a 2004 game engine. The game seems well balanced, snipers are impressive, the Scout/SSG is no longer terrible and genuinely viable in competitive matches. Blur is added to sniper scopes while moving to balance them too. WWeapons do seem balanced and people use more than just AK, MR, Deagle and AWP. The 4 game modes - Casual Competitive, Classic Competitive, Demolition and Arms Race means there's something for everyone. Sure there's no Capture the Flag but in a game where there's no sprinting, health regen, killstreaks, aim down sights or ability to revive or heal teammates, it's probably for the best. Gun game is finally officially supported, and Demolition simplifies the game by removing the need to buy weapons. I've always wanted to try counter-strike properly but Source was just far too disorganised and had other distractions. Global Offensive brings the classic game into a modern setting without falling into the trap of being a Call of Duty clone. It's still counter-strike, with exactly the same gameplay mechanics as the original, but presented in a more appealing and fun package. It certainly feels more welcoming for newcomers than Source, which is a big plus not only for competitive gaming but for the franchise as a whole. The only thing lacking is Team Deathmatch, however this would require a "Create a Class" which would turn it into CoD. Arms Race fills that spot, and Demolition combines Classic CS with Gun Game. The primary reason why this game is more accomodating is because it was meant to be a port of Source to Xbox LIVE, so obviously some things needed to be changed or added to broaden its appeal. And for the most part, Valve have done a great job. Matchmaking is efficient, bots for offline play are exclellent with decent AI programming rather than the predictably linear Source AI and the package as whole is much more modern as oppose to Source, where it was a case of "too little, too late" when they decided to update it. If you haven't played CS before and want to give it a go, this is the best game. Equally if you are a seasoned Veteran it might make for a refereshing start if you are looking to get back into it. Expand
  36. Aug 23, 2012
    I love this game! never played CS games before but CS-GO is the game i was waiting for. For 10$ i can only recommend it. Great positive is. You dont need high end machine to play it. Even old ati 3850 with 256mb of memory can handle this game on full hd with decent framerate.
  37. Jan 23, 2013
    Something for new and old CS players. The new game modes and skill-based matchmaking mean there is something for everyone, and coming into the game is not nearly as punishing as previous incarnations of CS. Already a large amount of maps and extra game-modes in the community servers in addition to Valve's official content.

Updates coming every 2 weeks, for free!
  38. Aug 22, 2012
    It's CS so you know what to expect. Quick matches. Intense difficulty. High tension. Some of the most classic FPS moments in video gaming history. CS does not need to change the formula is perfect and Valve knows this. The CS game for 2012.
  39. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. It starts with the intro music and just keeps getting better and better. The default maps are good but since this game talks to Steam Workshop you can download hundreds of custom, user-made maps. There are some real gems out there too.

I really liked all the achievements in CS:GO.. Getting one for being airborne while killing a bad guy
    who is also airborne? Brilliant! Some of the achievements names are pretty funny too "disruptus interruptus" or "freed with speed".

Some of the maps are true CQB fights and very challenging.

This game isn't ground-breaking and that's probably a good thing. CS:S is a proven winner in PC gaming. CS:GO just improves upon that formula with new maps, weapon upgrades and changes, and newer graphics.
  40. Aug 21, 2012
    This game is amazing. It seems like Valve has listened to the fans complaints about how CS:Source modified the basic game-play of Counter-Strike and made this version a way more similar to CS:1.6. Just played the beta yesterday for the first time and bought the game without thinking twice. This one will be HUGE. Thank you Valve for DotA 2, thank you Valve for CS 1.6 and now thank you Valve for CS:GO. Cross Platform will be sick! Expand
  41. Sep 7, 2012
    Lets be honest people if this was a CoD game it would be ripped apart for being the same game with new graphics. An excellent shooter, controls are tight, still fun but really it is the same as the last ones. If the internet didn't love Valve so much it would be ripped apart.
  42. Aug 21, 2012
    In a way there's not a lot of point in reviewing this. It is the best counterstrike version by a wide margin, and the new modes such as arms race are face-melting-ly good. But if you hate counterstrike this won't change your mind.
    If you're an old school fan like me and you want it to feel new again like it did back in 99 then this is TOTALLY the game for you!
  43. May 27, 2014
    this game is a hackfest. every single game i've played as LEM had hackers in it. the worst games are when they are losing and say "obvious hacks gonna show you what's up /r/antiboost" and then proceed to disconnect, reconnect, and turn on their aimbots. normally, I would just say hacking is a difficult problem with every fps, but csgo competitive is pretty much composed of mostly hackers at the higher ranks. not much is being done to control them.

Other aspects of the game can be good, but for a competitive player like me I'll just stick with the good old 1.6
  44. Aug 23, 2012
    All hail Gaben. Once again, Valve has proven that new games don't need to be released every god damn year. GS:GO doesn't innovate, but instead polishes a tried and true formula. The game is also a steal. $14.99 for a new game? Count me in.
  45. Aug 24, 2012
    CS:GO is very much just an upgraded version of the previous game's. But they have done a fantastic job at upgrading it. The menus are smooth, the graphics much better looking, and the gameplay itself is the same amazing CS formula but somehow better. And for those who are whinging about it being just like CODs formula, it's similar but unlike activision, valve is only charging $15 for this. Same price you would pay for an indie game, and still cheaper than every one of the modern Call Of Duty's. Expand
  46. Aug 23, 2012
    This is basically CS: Source with less features (no sprays, no flashlights, not many graphic options....) and worse graphics. Graphics are worse because they added way too much bloom and fog and all that crap that makes you see less and you cant turn it off. The game is cheaper then CS: Source because it is worse then CS: Source. If you already have source you are basically throwing 15$/10
  47. Aug 23, 2012
    Maybe the only FPS where it truly boils down to a game of pure skill. No bullsh*t perks or kill streaks, no auto-turrets, no air strikes. If you want to win in Counter-Strike, you have to learn the maps, play smart, and have fast reflexes. Since you work for each and every kill, it's much more satisfying than other current gen shooters. It's a real shame that the console version isn't closer to the PC version though, they could have given COD a run for their $. Expand
  48. Oct 24, 2013
    I'd write more about this but..... im in que sooooooo. CSGO= ADDICTIVE, INCREDIBLY FUN, FANTASTIC GAMEPLAY AND EXECUTION. THIS GAME COMES 2nd ONLY TO DOTA 2 WHEN IT COMES TO COMPETITIVE ONLINE PC AND I PLAY A LOT OF
  49. Jan 19, 2013
    CS:GO is the game I always wanted Source to be. It is the successor to the original counter-strike in every way that source could never be. The physics are tighter. No more feeling like you're a marshmallow skating across ice. The recoil patterns are not as predictable. In source, you could spray without considering recoil, in CS:GO, much like the original counter-strike, you must understand the spread of each gun and counteract the recoil when you attempt to spray. The matchmaking works surprisingly well, especially as more people continue to get the game. In August, wait times for classic competitive were > 5 minutes. Today, they're about 30 seconds. With the skill ranking system games end up being pretty even, and with punishments for leaving the game early, people are generally inclined to play to win and be good teammates. There are, of course, some downsides. I think the balancing is wrong on a couple of guns, the P90 in particular stands out as being overtuned. This version of the P90 belongs in source, with no recoil and high damage output. You also get a bonus $300 per kill - a total of $600. However, there are other guns which have been made more useful. Duel Berettas are not a joke anymore, neither are the shotguns or the heavy machine guns. There is also the lack of officially supported maps. The maps we do have were originally created 10+ years ago, and some of those original maps aren't even in the game yet. It's disappointing to me that more official maps haven't been released yet for use in classic competitive mode. Incendiary grenades are also a bit of a nuisance. The high cost of purchase is of little concern when you're raking in $600/kill with a gun like the p90, and even though you can counter the incendiaries with a smoke, it still feels too powerful.

All that being said, I'm more than willing to put my full faith behind CS:GO and make the switch permanently from 1.6. As I said in the beginning of my review, it's the game I had always wished CS:S would be.
  50. Nov 8, 2012
    CS:GO is NOT an UPDATE to CS. CS:GO is an entirely new game. Spray patterns are different. Bursting is different. Hitboxes are smaller, models slightly bigger. New guns and new nades. Molotovs/Incid are naw great CC's and can change/hinder the flow of a rush. Smokes are extremely effective. This is a new counter-strike so play it as such
  51. Oct 3, 2012
    CS:GO is ok, the graphics are good, new and better gun designs and a whole new refined experience, If you are a hard-core CS:S player then you might to think before buying this. In my opinion, this game has lost the 'Counter-Strike' charm that made it so popular in the first place. The good things about this is the new buying menu, where you move the mouse onto each slot, instead of clicking, scrolling and getting shot before you even purchase your weapon. The game is also incredibly cheap ($15) on Steam. If you are new to the CS universe then get this, but if you are a CS:S player, you might need to reconsider. Expand
  52. Aug 24, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 6/10 because it feels incomplete. There's only 16 maps in the game currently, and Assault isn't one of them, which is kinda like making a Mario game and leaving out Luigi. Matchmaking is another huge problem in this game. I often party up with 4-6 people (to noobstomp ofc) and matchmaking always tries to join full servers or servers with inadequate slots for our party. Then we always have to remake and this happens all the time. CS1.6 is still better than GO atm, but GO is definitely a step up from Source. Valve has a long way to go if they want to make it a classic because this game still feels like a beta. Expand
  53. Nov 18, 2012
    Valve does it again. In my opinion everything has improved. Gameplay hasn't changed much at all (and it shouldn't), the steep learning curve is still there, and seems more like 1.6 than source. The buy menu is much better, more convenient, and doesn't close down when you buy an individual item causing you to reopen it again and again. The weapons have been rebalanced so the over used ak, m4, awp and desert eagle isn't the only thing you see now, but they still haven't lost their power. New items such as the molotov **** for stopping a rush and decoy grenades for fooling your enemies are nice new features. The small cons of the game are my opinion of course: the silencer for the m4 is gone, only can carry 1 flashbang instead of 2, and total lack of maps. Yes these are my only cons with the games. When I first bought the game, it wasn't very polished, but now it has very few glitches and bugs. Since it is Valve, we get free maps and content, meaning the silencer might come back whenever it wants to and new maps will pop up with time. If you are a veteran or noob to Counter Strike, Global Offensive DOES NOT disappoint. Great job Valve. Now...about that episode 3? :) Expand
  54. Dec 29, 2013
    A solid upgrade to the Counter-Strike series. GO contains basically just revamped maps, weapons, and UI elements along with a store for you to buy cosmetic items. This isn't a sequel so it doesn't offer much innovation, but it is priced appropriately. The core mechanics still need to be tuned up to bring this series into its next generation.
  55. Sep 13, 2012
    This is a primitive shooter. PRIMITIVE. I understand the viewpoint that some games shouldn't be updated, I can't argue against that, but there's a good reason why it costs 15 bucks. As an FPS experience it comes no where near to standing up next to its contemporaries. If it weren't for it's low price tag, this would be a zero. But at 15 dollars, it's a nice trip down memory lane. And that's it. Expand
  56. Aug 21, 2012
    $15 for this classic remake is huge value! People myself included bought Half-Life for the CS mod back in the day. This game improves on the CSS graphics and maps, the added match making needs a few improvements but its good to fire off a 5v5 competitive game which normally you had to PUG for. The weapon changes I don't think where needed, but it's ok. And makes for a new set of things to figure out and test. Lots of the old players don't like change it's as simple as that, instead of seeing it as a challenge.

The graphics COULD be better, but again its $15 and they targets multiple platforms and markets, they want the game to play for everyone and thats what it does, everyone in CS world wants huge amounts of FPS, so they get it with a bit less detail here and there. The main thing lacking I would say is tessellation or parallax mapping. Apart from that it's a much nicer looking game over CSS.

$15! its a steal for such fun multiplayer action, now with more game modes added in and maps.
  57. Sep 1, 2012
    The only up about this game is it is cheaper than Counterstrike Source. But there is a reason for that: It was not developed by Valve. Valve might have given a few pointers but it was not enough. This game is iffy at best on hit detection compared to Source. The art style is a mix of Counterstrike Source and maybe TF2, not sure but it strikes me odd and doesn't look good at all. Also, adding bloom to everything does not equate to better graphics. Simply replacing textures in Counterstrike Source with high-res ones will make an older game look better than this one.

Onto gameplay, very bad. Hit detection is bad, gun balance is not there, hitboxes seem to not work often enough. The radial buy menu is horrid for quick navigation and a total time waster. I played on low-ping servers but have to say this game took the lessons learned from Counterstrike Source then threw them away and done enough things different for only the sake of change. The maps are proof of this, they are either the same but with bloom added to hurt your eyes or they are worse with little changes meant to spice things up but actually tone things down.

Many people who never played CS 1.6 or CS:S before will probably find this game alright at $15, I find it a waste of $15. Put the money to something better, catch BF3 on sale at $30 and you will get much much more. This game is shaping up to be a failure and echoes of the beta show a team that only patches the game for sake of keeping up appearances.
  58. Aug 28, 2012
    Please keep in mind that this game is not fully complete, but it still have the potential to be the best Counter-Strike game to date. Valve and Hidden Path have been very busy listening to the professionals' feedback whom would like to move on and learn the mistakes that were in the previous games, and using that to improve upon Global Offensive. Besides that, the gameplay is still very challenging for being so balanced, I love some of the new balance that they've added to the game so far (like the different money-reward system for killing with different guns), but if you don't think about it too much, it is also pretty fun to play because there is casual mode and weapon course for the new folks. Valve and Hidden Path will still be making tons of upcoming updates to this game and this game continues to have a GREATER community just like we've had in 1.6 and Source. Expand
  59. Oct 31, 2013
    As someone who's never played any of the other Counter Strikes this game is awesome. The skill required to play the game is tremendous, and the learning curve is never ending. You have to strive to actually get better, not just unlock stuff, which for many players who have braved the COD and Battlefield generation is a nice breath of fresh air.

Of the things I enjoy, the competitive
    mode is what really stands out. 5 vs. 5, winner takes all matches, there is nothing better in gaming. You and your team have to actually work together to get stuff done, and most players take it seriously, which is nice. You will have bad matches, and the matchmaking can get frustrating, particularly being placed into a match where most people are of higher rank than you, but for the most part matches are typically even and both teams have an equal chance of winning.

The other game modes are fun and can help you learn how to play the game but I haven't played them all that much so it's not my place to talk about them. Arms race is one that's particularly fun and can help you learn how to handle all the weapons, but you wouldn't find me playing it anywhere near as much as I would competitive mode. Fun and helpful but not where the meat is.

I could go on about everything but that's not really my place. It works as it is, and for $15 you will be hard pressed to find a better bargain for the amount of fun this game will allot you. I wouldn't recommend it for your typical casual gamer, and there really isn't anything else besides the multiplayer component, but it's fun. Would recommend for anyone who's competitive or wants something new with their gaming.

~Sir Provost
  60. Sep 10, 2012
    Alright, a lot of people are a bit disappointed with the game so far, in comparison to CS:S, but, you gotta see things a bit away from source if that makes any damn sense.
    The thing is, this game only costs 15 dollars and it's some really high quality entertainment for that small amount of money, and we all know Valve is gonna drop a ton of updates on us, so whats with the
    disappointment? Now if this was 30 or 60 dollars, i'd bash this game to oblivion even with updates, because charging that much for a game and the putting updates up later is stupid, especially since updates might be halted or cancelled, but Valve gave us a good game, for a good price, the updates from this point are just bonuses from this point, I think ti's under-appreciated, people were expecting the biggest thing ever, well, they only asked for 15 dollars, could it considered to be a cop-out of Valve to just not live up to those expectations? I'm not sure, but right now, all that matters is that i'm having a blast on GO. Expand
  61. Aug 21, 2012
    I give this an 8 for the following reasons, and may or may not go into deeper detail to some of them.
    -Counter Strike 3 [basically, considering Source as 2]
    -Newer weapons to make more balance
    -Per-Weapon monetary awards, basically making that jerk camper with an AWP in the corner not get much, versus someone getting up close and personal and using SKILL to kill someone with, say, an
    MP7 or XM1014.
    -Rebuilt maps, all the classics have gotten a total re-work, making them feel new again.
    -Music! Some pretty tense music to build the atmosphere as you shift-walk through a corridor, never knowing what jerk is around the corner
    -Included gungame, removes the client-side bugs and exploits which make gungame in source not fun.
    -Price. $15 for this? Sold. I wouldn't pay much more than that, mind you, but this seems to be a fair price for the game we all know and love to be totally upgraded and generally made better.

Cons, of course, need to be added.

-Well, lack of NEW content is surprising. I was hoping for the zombie mode or something to be included, and with the 12 years they've had, i'm sure it could've been snuck in somewhere. As long as it doesn't become a pay-DLC addon, i'll be happy.

Overall, 8/10. It's perfectly priced and worth every penny. A good game.
  62. Aug 29, 2012
    Hidden Path developers did exactly what they should. They took a great franchise and took great care not to break it, instead focusing on polishing maps, weapons, money and overall gameplay balance.
    I really hope that the new edition will bring an influx of new players as this is the best Counter-Strike so far.
    Finally what I am quite happy about is that people seem to be switching from
    both 1.6 and Source version and like the new edition. I hope this will be the version to unite the now fragmented CS community. Expand
  63. Apr 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While this is a fun and competitive game, it lacks something, it may be the lack of change from the last counter strike (source), I mean yeah they added a new interface and a few modes and maps, but in my opinion it would have been refreshing to get a little bit more content. you can argue with me because the price is low, but to me, as a fan of valve and it's games I would appreciate a few more official modes and maps.
    The DLC might be great, but I'm sick of paying for a game that is not complete.
    That's the bad news.
    The good news are that the game preserves it's good old fashion gameplay style, the graphics have improved and are a treat to look at, and the game works smoothly most of the time.
    Also I like the fact that each map has a different kind of characters as for the CT and the T.
    The new hostage rescuing system is fantastic, I like it better and I think it's something they thought about.
    As usual valve have succeed in giving the opportunity to add mods and additional maps and weapons to the game, which is great.
    I would give this game a bit more than 8 but less than 9 because it is not complete in my opinion.
    Still, I think it's a game every casual gamer should get, specially as a fan of valve and counter strike. I've played since the first Counter Strike (when it was a mod) and I'm still enjoying each "upgrade".
  64. Aug 23, 2012
    Best game of the Counter-Strike Franchise after 1.6, better graphics, new official game modes, and it's cheap, only 11
  65. Nov 3, 2013
    This game is amazing. The weapens all have recoil, and are balanced in a way you use them all. You can play casual or competitve, and the matchmaking is pritty great. If you have some friends the game get's even better! And for this price, why would you even bother with games like CoD?
  66. Aug 22, 2012
    Great game, they took everything that needed to be changed with the old cs and made it better, while keeping all that makes the series fun and exciting true to Counter Strike. Love this game same great gameplay and style with great smooth graphics, highly recommend to any non elitist.
  67. Sep 4, 2012
    Ok dudes and dudettes. If you liked the old school CS. You will like this one. Also it's 15 freaking dollars. Super cheap and intense FPS fun. I wish they brought back the flashlight and tags, but whatever. It's still fun .
  68. Dec 22, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (aka CS:GO) is one of the most addictive games that I have ever played. You always feel like playing another round, and you always want to improve at the game and understand the game better. And improving at this game is unbelievably satisfying and rewarding, and being able to get around the complicated recoil system to pile up the kills is deeply satisfying. This game is incredibly hardcore, and requires skill more than anything. You can't just run up to people and spray bullets everywhere, as it'll get you nowhere. CS:GO takes patience, accuracy and good reflexes. Your heart will pound when you're the last man standing in your team, as everyone's eyes are on you from the spectator screens. Being able to win a match as the last man standing feels very rewarding, mainly because you were able to outlast everyone in your team and win. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a very fun and addictive game which will take away hours of your day again and again. Good luck trying to move your eyes away from the computer screen with this game; it's a very hard task. Expand
  69. Aug 22, 2012
    Great FPS game that takes a lot of skill to master but the reward is fantastic. Killing another player is so satisfying because you know you have to work for every kill. Highly recommended.
  70. Dec 25, 2012
    As a played since CS 1.3 I first looked at it and thought - wtf is this COD clone thing that Valve have ruined the name of CS with? CS has always been my tried and true favourite game. I then figured if Valve have released it, it must be at least playable. Within 4 hours played time, I went from hating it to loving it. The game retains it's originality yet adds a new fresh feel. Don't get scared off by the new buy menu, it isn't that bad once you're used to it. Hit reg seems to be >= Source. I won't be going back to 1.5, 1.6 or Source. CS:GO (despite it's corny abbreviation) is now my preferred CS of all time. Collapse
  71. Dec 11, 2012
    For those wanting a back-to-basics multiplayer shooter or a more polished version of Counter-Strike: Source, CS:GO might be right up your alley. If you're looking for drastic changes over the previous Counter-Strikes or you enjoy unlocking weapon and perk unlocks, then don't bother.
  72. Sep 10, 2012
    Very fun game like all Valve games and definitely worth 10 euro, compared to other games like BF3 who need 100 euro to get full boring and lazy game.
  73. Aug 24, 2012
    One of the best of the CS series. Sure the first CS is the leader of them all, but CS:GO just puts the series onto a whole new level. It proves that Source can give amazing graphics as well as incredible gameplay, and it shows that CS will never die out. I think this is an amazing release made by VALVe and it's worth every penny.
  74. Aug 21, 2012
    After the huge success the Counter-Strike mod had for the original Half-Life, Valve bought the IP and made it a standalone game. Now 12 years later Counter-Strike is back with what is essentially a HD remake. Using the newest version of the Source engine the visuals are the best looking in a Valve game to date and by god are they pretty, even on the lowest settings. The game adds a few new maps, a couple of new guns and introduces a new, easier to use interface along with vastly improved matchmaking mechanics. If you don't own a Counter-Strike game already then his is the package for you but if you are already an existing fan then £16 for a graphical upgrade and a handful of new features may not be enough to sway your decision. Expand
  75. Mar 18, 2013
    It's Counter-Strike. Where can you go wrong? It's incredibly fun and still retains it's challenge. But Valve should've shipped more default maps, I think they're becoming too dependant on that Workshop gimmick.
  76. Aug 21, 2012
    Great game. Very similar to CSS but for only 15$, who's complaining? The gameplay in myy opinion is better than CSS because of the added gun recoil and enhanced visual. Overall an awesome. game.
  77. May 28, 2014
    Gameplay is painfully tedious, extremely outdated visuals, lack of content. Overall a mediocre game.
    .................................................
  78. Nov 14, 2012
    CSGO has yet again defined how a competitive shooter should be.
    Yes, it may not have reached the standard's of 1.6, however, thanks to Valve's promises of future updates, the future of CSGO shines brightly.

Fit for both Casual and Competitive player, as well as costing a shocking $15, it's a must buy for any fps fan.
  79. Aug 22, 2012
    My preferred CS game now. The graphics are great, map designs are the classic maps you remember with new additions and tweaks that gets rid of some of the bottlenecks, etc. The match finder to get into quick competitive games is a great addition so playing with friends is a synch.
  80. Aug 21, 2012
    Quite simply, this feels like a reskin of CS:S. Sure some backend stuff may have changed but to me as a player, it feels the same. This leaves the game in an awkward sort of limbo between old and new with fancy graphics that, if anything, make the outdated gameplay stand out more than ever. This may be hard to picture, so I will liken it to this: imagine your dad rocking up to your birthday party, dressed like all your friends. The cover can only last so long which is, in this case, until the moment after you buy the game and play your first match.

If you really love CS, but for some reason cannot play CS:S without improved graphics, get this. If you are new to the series, don't buy it or you will just end up feeling lost, hurt and confused like that first girl at the party to approach your dad.
  81. Aug 31, 2012
    I was a big cs source fan and comming from it, I have some pros and cons. The good things are that the game looks great, feels great, and the weapons feel like they have a purpose. There feels to be a little more variety to this game than source, I felt that source ended up an ak/m4 war with the occasionally awp/scout. I feel like all of the guns are priced to the point that each gun has a purpose (besides maybe the pistols, why blow 400$ on a tiny upgrade in pistol when you could have grenades of all sorts). Besides the zues failing to show a purpose, it all feels right. The matchmaking works really well, and the serverbrowser is classic, they know to keep that the same. The cons arent enough to shy this game away from great but they are there. As with all counterstrike games, stratagy such as positioning and purchasing is almost always far less important than aim. Thats why there is a learning curve, most of the game is based on your ability to get that headshot. Dont get me wrong, this isnt the worst thing, because its much worse when its like CoD and all you have to do is use the same loadout. At least it takes skill, but your fun time can get ruined by one guy having godlike aim, but I digress, it can happen in every game. Other Cons include, which I guess this one is more for console versions, the maps. Theres only about 10 for classic gamemodes (but servers are already up with user made maps) and 4 for the new gamemode Demolition, with only 2 for gungame. The classic maps are good, the demolition maps are actually really good, and the gungame maps just dont feel right. The main con here is the underwhelming amount. That brings me to another pro (i know, outta place), Demolition. This gamemode has only one thing I dont like about it: its really simple. All it is gungame with stratagy. But it works, it feels different and skillful in its own respect, such as awarding really good rounds with grenades and flashbangs. This is not to mention that the maps they made for it are pretty good for the one-bombsite purpose they were aiming for. TLDR: Good game, GREAT game for the measly $15 price tag, if you have the choice, PC is the way to go to get the most out of it, but console players will still enjoy the experience presented. 1.6 fans will be dissapointed because of thier hardcore attitude, but casual and pro source players will probably respect the game, and remember, source and 1.6 will still be there. PS, a ton of gamemodes (like surf and jail) are already working on GO, the transfer was apparently pretty smooth. Expand
  82. Jan 19, 2014
    This is a great CS game, with some serious infrastructure problems.
    1. This game feels like source with upgraded graphics and a better rewards system, competitive play, items etc which is awesome 9/10
    2. There are huge infrastructure problems such as an update takes place and right away wait times for games increase to 10 minutes and something even 2 - 3 hours. This is terrible and the
    worst part is that there is no real outlet to direct your frustration to because valve doesn't really care about its players. No one ever responds to you on the steam support forums, the issue is ignored when/until it fixes itself. This is a real problem that Valve has to deal with, as a customer that bought their game I expect them to support me, if they don't, I will gladly go to play Call of Duty or battlefield... 2/10
    Therefore I give it 5/10, awesome game and very bad infrastructure, what a combo....
  83. Mar 2, 2014
    Im not a big Multiplayer Gamer and i do play some of 'em (And im a noob in it too) ... The ones i play is Battlefield 4 , Max Payne 3 and this . Its been almost 5 year since i played any Counter Strike game . Amd getting this was kinda reforming the Old Memories . I bought it on Steam , downloaded and started (EASY) . The interface was easy as usual to navigate through servers .
    Now some people who play the latest Army simulator games may think that the Visuals are kinda dated (May compare it with COD too) . and i dont blame them as they may see the comparison with latest games . But if i compare it with the previous installment in the Series (CS : Source) the visuals are updated .

The Sound was the similar and my slight con as they might've considered to upgrade or change it by now .

Gameplay was also quite similar , but CS Gameplay was never easy , it requires special tactics and your deep knowledge of the map to get through your way . The new addition of Arms Race is pretty cool .

Overall , a great game to try .
  84. Aug 22, 2012
    The Counter-Strike franchise is the most perfectly balanced series of multiplayer shooters and CS:GO doesn't disappoint in that context. The new features added, like "play as bots", "Gun Game maps (Official gun game modes) etc. makes the game more exciting that it has ever been". Still after the release Valve and Hidden Path will continue the developelopement, which is going to make the game more awesome than it already is. I'm also really excited to see the creativity from the community. Thinking of that people spend 60 euro on CoD: MW3, CS:GO is definately worth 14. To be honest, I actually think it should be the other way around. Expand
  85. Jan 3, 2013
    It's a really good version of Counter-Strike. Probably my favourite! The weapons are far more balanced, there are more reasons to use grenades other then flashbangs and the gameplay on the whole feels more refined! It's still Counter Strike to it's core, but it shows Valve isn't afraid to risk pissing off their fanbase to release a new one. Good Job!
  86. Aug 30, 2012
    This is just what the Counter-Strike series has been waiting for. A modernization. However it feels incomplete with the lack of hostage maps (there is only 2), the gameplay is spot on, competitive, and fresh; while all staying true to the classic Counter-Strike experience. The new gamemodes Demolition and Arms Race are very fun if you are looking for a more fast-paced experience, and the new maps are sleek and good looking. This game is also standing evidence that the Source engine is growing and getting better, as the graphics are phenomenal. This game is an upgrade to the entire series in every way. It's still lacking hostage maps though. Since i trust Valve to add more hostage maps, I am giving this game this great rating. Expand
  87. Jun 1, 2013
    Great game :D
  88. Sep 19, 2012
    A very good refresh of the classic game. On one hand, there's minimal innovation -- its primarily a graphical update with some tighter game controls and some new modes of play. On the other hand, why mess with perfection? One great thing about Valve is that it doesn't milk its customers, they recongize that this is a revamp of an older game and they charge accordingly...$15 for a very good first person shooter. At the moment I'm rating it a 7/10, primarily because there's nothing really new here and the modding community hasn't taken off (yet). This is a title that will grow over time, and potentially can become an 8 or 9 out of 10 i think. Why pay $60-80 a year for the latest ModernBattlefield of Duty when this $15 is all you need?. Expand
  89. Aug 22, 2012
    Valve did a good job of keeping the Counter-Strike in Global Offensive. It's a love it or hate it game. CS:GO has nothing to do with level-based random spray regenerating health first-person shooters. It is much more challenging, and much more frustrating. I doubt that players who have not experienced 1.6 or CS:S wil like it, but apart from that staircase in de_dust, I don't have much to complain about. Expand
  90. Aug 22, 2012
    Better graphics, better balance, more competitive, all weapons are greatly balanced, now you can handle a SMG without feeling unpowered, i dont know why noobs complain to much about this game, its $15 bucks, even cheaper than CS:S
  91. Sep 18, 2012
    Valve resurrected the old spirit with the new engine,which known as Source,making an immortal legend.in this game,absolutely the game experience is hugely expanded.the word expand here refers do a lot of things:the arm racing mode was officialized (i used to play this mode in CS and CSS,but the mode wasnt official),new weapons and new maps.i think the glory of CS is definitely gonna be continue in another body,which is this game.well they dont have a zoom scope but thats the point. Expand
  92. Jun 28, 2013
    The new definitive way to play Old-School Counter-Strike. This game is basically CS1.6, but with better balance, and adjustments. There's nothing else to it, in the older games, some weapons completely outclass other guns. In this game, every weapon are good in certain cases. Graphics are nicely done, even though the Source engine is ageing a little too much. This game is only $15! What!? That's really cheap for a game these days. However, CS1.6 and CS:S have more custom modes and mods then CS:GO but that's not that much of a issue. That's all I really have to say. This game is a must if you're a hardcore Counter-Strike fan, this game is a absolute must in your collection. Expand
  93. Sep 27, 2012
    Its CS:Source with not as clean graphics. There's almost zero reason to get this over 1.6 or source (because both are better games than GO) GO tries to merge the two communities and earn a buck in the process but this game is to cluttered to make it to the big stage imo. A lot of stuff has been reused, like sounds, certain objects is directly takes from cs source which makes the game feel old already. If you must have a "new" fps experience, then sure why not, its still CS but I would recommend something else. Expand
  94. Dec 11, 2013
    The graphics are cool, gameplay is nice, but the services are terrible. The game crashes for me, and doesn't matters how many fixes I look for on the internet, the crashes never stop. This has been a known problem for a long while, and Valve never cared to look at it. The Competitive Matchmaking can sometimes take nearly 20 minutes, and can sometimes can throw you in a server on another country with a ping of 200, if the server has hackers or too high ping you can't leave it because the penalties for leaving a competitive game are atrocious (even if it was not your fault, like if the power went down or something like that happened. Yeah, the system can't see a difference if you were disconnected due an external influence, or if was your decision to click on the Exit Game button). The game has a lot of potential, but I am frustrated enough that I could ask Valve for a refund, if I could. Expand
  95. Aug 21, 2012
    This is Sounter Strike. If you don't want Counter Strike don't buy it. It is a fantastic game, great balance, great gameplay and even great music. Don't treat this like Counter Strike: 2. And don't treat it like another game entirely. Counter Strike isn't broken so they haven't fixed it. They've evolved it.
  96. Sep 3, 2012
    I wish new CS 1.6.
    I don't need BF2 or COD. I need old CS with more friendly graphic and more balanced weapon.
    And i catch it!

Big thx for Molotov **** Valve - new tactics, new degree of freedom!
  97. Sep 14, 2013
    At first i was a little skeptical being a source fan but i actually came to like this game playing classic competitive mode with friends. its painfully frustrating when your loosing but its invigorating when your playing well. making this game was a bold move by valve considering the large css community but they pulled it off really well.
  98. Aug 24, 2012
    After all the pressure from my friends and co-workers to get on CS I gave the pre-order a try. I'm not overly impressed. A good game for those with very short attention spans. Maps are tiny and exactly the same as previous games. Casual games are usually filled with 2 or 3 players who are insanely good and the rest are just canon fodder. No real way to compete with the best players. Lacks any kind of single player element or even objective goals. Sure there are hostages to rescue and bombs to plant but no one ever does that. Also spawn camping in Arms Race is too easy and the regular modes are one death and game over per round. Pretty boring. Waste of 15 bucks IMO. Expand
  99. Aug 22, 2012
    Graphics blasting into my eyes, more weapons, more modes, more maps... In fact, this is the sequel to the most original first person shooter game which makes a lot sense. No nickel and diming needed. The game is worth $15 and all the features it has. It's awesome that the graphics aren't "hardcore" because that will otherwise leave another $60 pricetag in another streamlined pile of games.
  100. Dec 25, 2012

Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]