7.8

1. Apr 3, 2014
    This game is just terrible. What funny thing can you find there? Battlefield is good for graphic and battle with 64 players, Titanfall is interesting because of dynamic, Team Fortress 2 is great of his atmosphere, but there aren't any interesting in CS:Go
  2. Apr 1, 2014
    This is a great game, although when playing Casual in Defuse, just about everyone plays Dust 2, and that gets very annoying, I am very sick of this map now, but apart from that, a good game overall! Could have more modes (campaign where you could complete online with others? Like steam friends?)
  3. Mar 26, 2014
    The game is really really good. Would have given the game 10 but i hate the micro transactions. The game has earned so well that all the items should have been free. Otherwise, well balanced weapons. The AWP really feels like a proper high caliber gun because you hit the enemy on any part of the body, he is bound to die. The side arms are a major improvement as they don't feel weak anymore. Top notch weapon skins etc. One of the best multiplayer games i have ever played Expand
  4. Mar 25, 2014
    Just perfect a real Counter Strike game like 1.6 or CSS. Come back to real FPS in esport. Moreover this game is realy not expansive. He is the most epic FPS make by Valve and for esport: 250 000$ for dreamhack, 250 000$ for IEM... Just epic
  5. Mar 20, 2014
    Don't buy this game if your a CS veteran player. the *aiming* in this game is horrible for a FPS !
    The whole game feels badly made and the CS feeling is totally gone !

If you wish to play CS go play CS Source. !
  6. Mar 17, 2014
    It has just shocked me when I have seen the payable additionnal features as passes for 'special' missions.
    CS1.6 and Source seem much better. CS GO's weapon balance is not so good, too much difference with sit-position and running shoot accuracy.
    I have never seen any shield making the game more interesting and strategic, enemies killing faster than in CS-portable-web-version with
    cheating.
    Maps are poor, small and not challenging, you never need to look in all directions and be curefull to charge enemy ambush.
    If making a new better game Devs could at least put a map maker so everyone could easily make his own maps and a character's look customisation,
    but CS GO is just a version with another style, even detailled the graphics are not better, just different.
    This game is no more developped, there are tons of real upgrades that could be made by this far,
    Even a new medieval game could be done with the same concept, still no upgradable, worst or better stuff. It could include new ready-to-use new medieval-fantasy weapons and abilities giving similar dynamic, strategic,
    reactive coop battles, similar modes (an apocalyps artefact instead of bomb, just giving an idea), and making some new maps is almost no work...
    Even if Devs made one of the best game in the world, it was a long time ago and they are still on holidays,
    so for now I do NOT advise to buy ANY CS games. Better buy a new original game that is really worked on, and not made by copy&paste!!!
  7. Mar 16, 2014
    It's very competitive and also renovated in comparison with older versions, with very good gameplay.
    One thing I really love is the fact of don't need to have a huge computer power, but I think it can enhance graphics a bit for those people who have a better GPU.
  8. Mar 16, 2014
    гама достойна похвалы,с геймплейем всё было понятно,разрабы говорят мол ''стрельба приближенна к 1.6'' но нет,зажимать с калаша не получится,даже когда по одно пуле стреляешь, пуля летит на много выше вверхней лески(по которой я целился в 1.6) не советую покупать.Но если хочется протестить бери!
  9. Mar 15, 2014
    Best game in the franchise since CS 1.6. Same amazing team-based gameplay with some new guns, grenades, and much more. Valve is working very hard with the players on this one and it is the most constantly updated and worked on Counter-Strike game ever. In fact, Valve and Hidden Path were working with the CS community the whole time this game was being developed and they still are for updates.

With new "operations" players are able to spend a small amount of money to support community map makers and be able to play on those maps they work so hard on to make. In addition, recent updates such as the Arms Deal update allow players to have their own gun skins, apply stickers, and even name weapons.

As anyone who is new to the franchise, expect a difficult learning curve that is incredibly rewarding to overcome. Valve and Hidden Path are really outdoing themselves with this installment and I look forward to future updates.
  10. Mar 15, 2014
    I am a old 1.6 cs gamer. and i can honestly say, that i really like this take on it. still the best competetive FPS ever made in my opinion. And the scene is just getting bigger and bigger. One think to mention is the "new" Skin system, which in first i thought was a bit lame. but now i find myself sitting with crossed fingers, when opening skin cases (which you can get after matches, online, seems to be kinda random). well. Superb game i think Expand
  11. Mar 12, 2014
    Although the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is so ambitious, it cannot reach its succeed like the Counter-Strike.however, we can see Valve had put a lot of effort to make this game to be perfect.In addition, it is a good game.
  12. Mar 11, 2014
    This is the first Game in the Counter Strike Genre i have played.
    Playing alone in competetive is fun but has it's downsides, and thats why i would advise everyone to play with a couple of friends, or a team for that matter.
    and with a low price point at 10 € i have so far gotten 100 hours out of it and im sure i'll play it alot more!
  13. Mar 7, 2014
    Valve did it again!

Counter Strike: Global Offensive is supposed to improve from it's older brothers Counter Strike(1.6), and Counter Strike: Source.

CS:GO has been my favorite game ever since I got it. I've flawlessly played matches with minor issues(Which have been fixed by Valve, Who are also doing a great job with all the updates!) At first I was worried that CS:GO would be a
    major disappointment, but after going into the game, I noticed that Valve stayed with the same formula as the rest of the CS series!! With updates being released almost Daily, at an amazing cost of $15, CS:GO in my opinion was a major success. CS:GO has released skins for your guns(Which in no way effects how effective they are) All the weapons are balanced, new guns! (Tec-9, Cz 75, mag 7, Sawed off, Negev) Valve personally has been doing a great job in my opinion keeping up with what the players want.(Valve re added the M4A1 and USP after both were replaced with M4A4, and P2000, which now you are allowed to switch between!) In all CS:GO at the price of $15 is a steal, and I suggest this to ANY FPS gamer! Expand
  14. Mar 2, 2014
    This game does counter strike well. I wasn't around for the era of 1.6 so this is a good introduction to the series for me. I have fun playing this game.
  15. Mar 2, 2014
    Arguably Valves best CS to date. CSGO provides the familiar game play of 1.6 and source and combines their characteristics to create the best of both worlds. Endless replayability via the steam workshop and a robust competitive scene via the rank based match making makes CSGO a complete success. PROS Familure game play Balanced weapons/maps Competitive nature Cons Not beginner friendly
    Hacks can be an issue within matchmaking
  16. Mar 2, 2014
    Im not a big Multiplayer Gamer and i do play some of 'em (And im a noob in it too) ... The ones i play is Battlefield 4 , Max Payne 3 and this . Its been almost 5 year since i played any Counter Strike game . Amd getting this was kinda reforming the Old Memories . I bought it on Steam , downloaded and started (EASY) . The interface was easy as usual to navigate through servers .
    Now some people who play the latest Army simulator games may think that the Visuals are kinda dated (May compare it with COD too) . and i dont blame them as they may see the comparison with latest games . But if i compare it with the previous installment in the Series (CS : Source) the visuals are updated .

The Sound was the similar and my slight con as they might've considered to upgrade or change it by now .

Gameplay was also quite similar , but CS Gameplay was never easy , it requires special tactics and your deep knowledge of the map to get through your way . The new addition of Arms Race is pretty cool .

Overall , a great game to try .
  17. Feb 21, 2014
    Nope. Sorry valve, but as much as it pains me to say this, I don't like this game. Let's get started right away. The hitboxes suck. Like, really bad. It's a known issue but to my knowledge it has not been dealt with yet, which is unacceptable, considering how bad they are. One time I had a famas and I hid next to a crate and 3 guys walked by and I opened fire at their legs and they all dropped dead with like 1-2 leg shots each. The new maps are almost all terrible, and the ones that are good are only good when the teams play it properly. The best map is vertigo, which is this 3 level building map. Some of the low points of this map include the fact that when you fall of the side, you die halfway down the decent. Most maps are ugly and alot of them are basically a source map with a few textures and tiny things like trash bins and stuff added in. The game is very shiny, but in a bad way, it's like they wanted it to be playable on 2007 hardware, but also be able to look great on 2012 hardware. The result is a game playable on low hardware, but with terrible graphics even cranked up. Not that anybody plays with bots, but the AI for them sucks anyway. One easy-medium, if they see you they literally point your gun at you and pause for like a half second, and in a game where reflexes win 70% of the battles, its more than enough time to kill them. Some weapons do way to much damage, like the awp. If you shoot a guy in the foot with an awp, it can easily be lethal.

The good point(s) are a few tiny things that don't really matter, but if I'm giving this a 2 it need something, so basically the 2 good points are 1. The fact that if your playing as CT's and you start on vertigo you see the chopper that landed you there take off and 2. the fact that in multiplayer you can't be a one man team (to an extent, honestly if your in the right place with a longer ranged rifle or other weapons that go unusually far, you can pick off like half a team before you get hit in the leg by a lucky smg round that instantly kills you.
  18. Feb 21, 2014
    The latest and greatest version of Counter-Strike, and one I personally believe to be the best to date. Global Offensive takes the lessons learned of the earlier games, and also bring along enhanced spectator modes that the game needed to evolve in the eSports landscape. The integration with the Steam marketplace for skins and maps is OUTSTANDING. Outstanding value for those interested in a competitive shooter. Expand
  19. Feb 18, 2014
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the £'s
  20. Feb 11, 2014
    Counter-Strike Source was a game that I enjoyed from the moment I started playing it. It was a really fun modern warfare game that showed a new side to the genre in which instead of two armies facing each other, it was more of a game of cops and robbers, or in this case terrorists vs counter-terrorists. Now finally a sequel has been released titled Global Offensive. At first glance, people may think that it's just Source with more modern graphics. However, under those shiny new graphics, there is also far more to this game lying in its exterior. Because it is a multiplayer only game, it does not have an actual story mode. Therefore, unlike my reviews in the past, I will not be talking about the story. I will instead be talking about its presentation as a whole. So, does this game make its predecessors look bad, or should gamers just keep playing Source until the next millennium? Let's find out. As I stated, this is a multiplayer game, so the entire game revolves around the whole multiplayer experience. This game does not change much at all from the original Counter-Strike games. There are two teams (under tournament circumstances and bot matches, there are five on each team), and both sides can win either by killing everyone on the opposing team, or completing an objective. Different from the originals? No. Is this bad? Heck no! The gameplay of Counter-Strike was what made it so special in the first place. The gameplay still feels fast, furious, fun and fresh after all these years. It manages to keep these old modes, and also add new ones. The new gameplay mode additions to this game are called Arms Race, and Demolition. Arms Race is a mode where players compete for kills and get increasingly more powerful weapons with each kill. The winner is the first player to get kills with every weapon in the game. As for demolition, it is a much more traditional game of Counter-Strike, but instead of buying weapons at the end of every round, weaker weapons are awarded based on the amount of kills that you have. These new gameplay modes are a welcome addition to the game, and add more to Counter-Strike then it ever had before. Overall, the gameplay of this game is as fantastic as it has ever been. The graphics are probably the best of any Source Engine game as of yet released. Everything in this game looks absolutely stunning and beautiful. From the character models to the weapons, this game makes even its competitors look bad. Okay, that might be overstating it just a little. The source engine, though great, does not beat the graphical power of Dice's frostbite engine used for the Battlefield series. That's not to say the games graphics are bad, after all I just said they are fantastic. They just aren't Battlefield's. They are still better than Call of Duty however. The presentation is nice too. The U.I. is done very well, and so is the A.I. The A.I. is very intelligent and does its job very well. It has very good multiplayer servers. The maps are all very nice as well. It has many classic Counter-Strike maps, along with new ones. However, while this game's presentation is nice, there is one big problem that it will never overcome. It will never have the same lasting impact that Source and the original left on the gaming community. Sure it looks better, but it will probably never have the fanbase that Source has always had. This game is still fantastic on its own right however. Overall, I'd say that this game is totally worth buying, even if you have never played Counter-Strike before. That is why I recommend it to everyone who wants to play.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  21. Feb 9, 2014
    Counter Strike has always been a very competitive game. Generally all CS games are great but CS:GO takes it to the next level with the marketplace, weapon case, custom weapon finishes, etc. The fact that you can sell or buy stuffs at the marketplace, and also trade with friends adds a huge load of fun to the game. One of the best things about it is the price! Only 14.99$ on Steam for such a great game and I believe it should be worth about 24.99$ or so. Sure there are some people who might not like the CS kind of FPS experience but I heavily recommend it. Expand
  22. Feb 6, 2014
    Better graphics and that's it, every week they update-it, now it has been over one year and a half, and they still haven't finished with the updates. Same bugs as in Source, even new ones, but in the end it's not made by Valve, Valve only came with the engine, it's Hidden Path, the ones who screwed Counter-Strike: Source, in the first place.
  23. Feb 1, 2014
    Since i don't have any of the counter-strike games that came before this, i don't know a lot about the series, but i'm just going to talk about my impressions of the game.

CS:GO is more a remake of CS:source with better graphics, smart changes to the old maps, new game modes, and some new features.
    This game clearly wasn't made for everyone, as it is less chaotic than CoD, and most
    other modern shooters. New players will have a lot of difficulty with the differences in gameplay. Most weapons have a lot of recoil, which makes them hard to control, rushing isn't a good strategy as you will die quickly, and you have to be careful with your footstep noise. In this way, it is very realistic.
    Although there are 4 new game modes, competitive, in which one team tries to plant a bomb and the other team needs to defend it, is still by far the best and most played one. This is because every match is completely different from the other. Losing a round means earning less money, and less money means less powerful weapons to buy, and because of this, winning the first round gives you a huge advantage over the other team. Killing someone feels better than in any other game, because you know they won't come back, and it shows you that you've learned to play such a difficult game. Because of the system in which you don't respawn until the round has ended, your role greatly affects your small 5-player team. This is done better than in any other game i've played.

Overview:
    Gameplay: 9.5
    The game is very tactical and balanced, and your role greatly affects your team.

Graphics: 6.5
    Although the weapons look cool, the game's textures look pretty dated.

Sound: 8
    The soundtrack is decent, and weapons sound realistic.

Lasting appeal: 10
    This game can easily keep you busy for hundreds of hours.

FINAL RATING: 8.5
  24. Jan 21, 2014
    Speaking as someone who's only other FPS experience is TF2, CS GO was pleasantly surprising as i have not been foddered up by embarrassingly easy **** Everything, From the difficult but satisfying recoil on every gun to the fact that all the classic mode levels (except Office) are perfectly balanced without being asymmetrical. Valve have once again raised the bar for tactical FPS.
  25. Jan 19, 2014
    This is a great CS game, with some serious infrastructure problems.
    1. This game feels like source with upgraded graphics and a better rewards system, competitive play, items etc which is awesome 9/10
    2. There are huge infrastructure problems such as an update takes place and right away wait times for games increase to 10 minutes and something even 2 - 3 hours. This is terrible and the
    worst part is that there is no real outlet to direct your frustration to because valve doesn't really care about its players. No one ever responds to you on the steam support forums, the issue is ignored when/until it fixes itself. This is a real problem that Valve has to deal with, as a customer that bought their game I expect them to support me, if they don't, I will gladly go to play Call of Duty or battlefield... 2/10
    Therefore I give it 5/10, awesome game and very bad infrastructure, what a combo....
  26. rqr
    Jan 18, 2014
    Do not buy this game, sooner or later you will be frustrated, because of the huge amount of cheaters and kickers, VAC fails miserably once again, by the way, the cheaters keep calling you "noob".

And the so called "overwatchers" do almost nothing, they keep ignoring wallhackers.
  27. Jan 16, 2014
    everything perfect except people cheating playing in many games and not get banned, and I have a network issue and I got banned for 7 days, then another network issue give me another 7 days instead 30 min, 2 hours...
    I playin 25 rounds then my net fall and volvo give me 7 days always..
    fix that **** VOLVO
  28. Jan 16, 2014
    This game suffers from alot of bugs and the optimization does get worse and worse with every patch. (Lower FPS every patch)

The matchmaking servers are filled with cheaters and the servers itself is not good. They have a high variance and a dipping server FPS resulting in a inconsistent experience.

It´s a tiny bit more hardcore than Source was but do not give you that nice feeling
    Counter-Strike 1.6 and lower did when you was younger.

It´s only an O.K game if you play pugs or clan matches.
  29. Jan 15, 2014
    Best bloody game ever. I remember playing Team Fortress 2 for countless hours, but this...made me say bye bye to TF2. :D Very well done gameplay, greatly designed menus (although it will take some time to get used to. don't worry, I got used to them in 12 hours of gameplay :) ), outstanding music and quite balanced weapons (MP9 sucks though) The only thing that's lacking is the community. Way too many Russians and Polish people. But overall, get this game if you don't have it.

Best darn game yet. 100/100
  30. Jan 3, 2014
    CS:GO lacks decent match-making servers. You will miss shots that you shouldn't have and will result in frustration. However, community servers and services like ESEA will improve your competitive drive and experience. Also, there is a major cheating problem with currently no solution in match-making.
  31. Jan 2, 2014
    Good game i like it and playing only 3 days now imagine when i get some practice game have nice maps and graph...much better then older versions CS 1.6 and Source which were good too
  32. Dec 29, 2013
    A solid upgrade to the Counter-Strike series. GO contains basically just revamped maps, weapons, and UI elements along with a store for you to buy cosmetic items. This isn't a sequel so it doesn't offer much innovation, but it is priced appropriately. The core mechanics still need to be tuned up to bring this series into its next generation.
  33. Dec 28, 2013
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a classic first person shooter from Valve. I've played it now about 60 hours and I'm not tired of this game. If you have a coordinated team it is a lot of fun. And there are modes where you can play without big tactics. The graphics are not that good and the atmosphere is sterile. Gameplay and level design are perfect, no shooter I've ever played is at this mechanics so perfect. Expand
  34. Dec 26, 2013
    This is the best Counter Strike in the series, They also made it very easy to edit weapons and mod the game, With user Generated content.. Also the graphics are not ground breaking they allow all types of machines to play from mid end to extreme keeping the game more competitive and fast paced as a WBGS Gamer we approve this game due to its simplicity in modding and gameplay+weapons with a max rating of 10. Expand
  35. Dec 22, 2013
    This is a great game, people who aren't familiar to the Counter Strike game will have difficulty playing this game. The graphics are not the best but they are good, and the game is fun to play, the only thing I don't understand about this game is why people spend 400$ on a virtual knife, it's just a game! All together, this is an amazing game that I think everybody that like FPS games should play.
  36. Dec 22, 2013
    Very good game :DDDDDDDDD lololololololololololooololoolllololololoom=, i recomend this game for all pc lovers and action gamers. You should get this game on your pc.
  37. Dec 22, 2013
    This game starts by looking ok but after playing it for a while the disappointment is beyond belief. Valve is recycling the Source engine that was outdated when it arrived, the netcode is horrible, they don't give 2 about the community either despite claiming so. There are numerous cheaters on high levels causing matchmaking to be pointless once you reach a certain rank. Their excuse is that they ban in groups so cheaters won't know what cheat caused it, however this means YOU get to play against cheaters for 1-2 months before they get banned. The server settings are subpar and despite Valve being told this, they won't change it because that would cost them more. The maps are full of useless clutter the designers feel you MUST take part of. When the community made their own maps and removed the clutter so low end PCs could play, Valve removed those maps from the mapcycle. If you want to waste money on a shadow of 1.6 then this is the toilet to buy. I got it on 75% off and still want my money back. Expand
  38. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Expand
  39. Dec 19, 2013
    CSGO may be hated but it really is one of the best FPS ever made. The maps have been updated, the weapons have been updated and the economy has been updated. All this gives variation to a formula that has gone stale and boring. Everything from the map design, weapons and even economy all has been blended together to make a balanced and fair experience. Sure it may be hard but that's because you need to analyse every single detail of the game. The community is great. There are videos to help you out on the obscure things like the physics of grenades. Also the game modes are great You have a casual mode, this gives you extra money at the start and more than five people can join. There is now a competitive match making system which works well. There is the chaotic deathmatch and arms race which always rewards your kills with a better weapon. Demolition is mode with small maps and only has one bomb site which makes a more concentrated experience. Skins for weapons and drops can be found at the end of the game or by watching pro games in their fantastic GOTV app or just buy it is used by valve to entice casual's into the competitive scene. Valve has had added so much, but there are down sides. Firstly there are three weapons that are really OP Scar-20, Negev and the P90 which is over used. The other down side it that all three of these weapons are used so much in death match as you have access to them at all times without buying them. Finally is the drop system. The drop system is fine and dandy but I see no reason to buy a key. There is a key that is used to open a case. In the case you get a randomly generated weapon. Firstly why do I have to buy a key? The game doesn't randomly drop it. You have to buy it. Why can't I just buy the weapon myself when there is a great chance I will be getting a useless skin that has no value in the CS:GO market. This is why cases are worth around 3p-5p in the market. This game is great. But valve needs more improving to do. Expand
  40. Dec 15, 2013
    This game is unbelievably competitive, addicting, fast paced, fun. If you like a game that is really requiring your skills, this is the game that you wanted.
  41. Dec 11, 2013
    The graphics are cool, gameplay is nice, but the services are terrible. The game crashes for me, and doesn't matters how many fixes I look for on the internet, the crashes never stop. This has been a known problem for a long while, and Valve never cared to look at it. The Competitive Matchmaking can sometimes take nearly 20 minutes, and can sometimes can throw you in a server on another country with a ping of 200, if the server has hackers or too high ping you can't leave it because the penalties for leaving a competitive game are atrocious (even if it was not your fault, like if the power went down or something like that happened. Yeah, the system can't see a difference if you were disconnected due an external influence, or if was your decision to click on the Exit Game button). The game has a lot of potential, but I am frustrated enough that I could ask Valve for a refund, if I could. Expand
  42. Dec 8, 2013
    This game is great, the graphics are nice and is generally very smooth. I like how they have classic maps in the game and also new ones that weren't previously in others. My only complaint is about the players sometimes they trash talk so much and they kick people for no reason and just use abusive language, even in competitive where teamwork is supposed to be present. It's a pain playing with these kinds of people sometimes and reporting them doesn't seem to do much either. Expand
  43. Dec 1, 2013
    To get it short, i expected something more than just the same content just with better graphics. Yes, the game is cheap but still. Its still the same old CS 1.6 just with some minor changes here and there. If you didnt like the predecessors there is no reason to like GO.
  44. Nov 29, 2013
    Counter-Strike Global Offensive brings almost everything that CS 1.6 brought when it came out.Classic CS maps,weapons, better sound quality, better graphics and more came together to re-create the Counter-Strike 1.6 atmosphere.For me this game is good and is the best CS game played untill now by me...I need to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of the series but this one is really good!The high frequency of updates and why not cammos and in-game items will give a long life to this game just like Team Fortress 2. Expand
  45. Nov 28, 2013
    Great sequel to CSS, Good Graphics, game-play, competitive atmosphere is deeply endowed in what is one of the greatest FPS series of all time, only issue is Valve's incompetency in getting rid of hackers but always in line to create 90 new skins, the hacker base has grown in the past few days and I've seen at least 1 in my games every single day, casual or MM.
  46. Nov 20, 2013
    I like this version of cs better than the rest. Although the classics are good, I do not like the way the developers are listening to 'pro' players and changing/nerfing certain guns. It was fine at launch. As well as paying for maps is a bit retarded. maps should be free especially if they are maps from the older version of the game as it should be in any cs games, no one should pay for extra maps, they make enough money from the market. Expand
  47. Nov 19, 2013
    I will start out by saying that I didn't play any of the previous CS games before this one. But I find that the game is very enjoyable. It one of those games that you can pick up after a hard day and find some relaxation in (if you can relax playing shooters). Constant game updates mean that new things are always being added. It is also fairly cheap ($15), and you can get a lot of gameplay out of it. The game balance is also pretty good, meaning that one side (Terrorists or Counter-Terrorists) does not have an advantage in terms of weapons that can be bought. This game does have things that need to be learned, especially if you are coming from a CoD background. Expand
  48. Nov 19, 2013
    i am playing cs since cs 1.1b and have a lot fun with the beta cs:go, but unfortunately latest cs:go version getting worst day by day.
    i can score this game 7/10 but with latest updates will give only 5 cause they ruin whole serious gameplay with their updates; stupid skins, tons of bugs, 64 rates servers and more, they don't even listen to the community just making money from "hats".
    and don't forget about autodisconnect issues (a lot of my friends and me getting kicked from game about 1-20 times per round cause server or client got some issues and game not responding!), tons of cheaters, game crashes when you don't even connect to a server (got 500h and my rank is global elite btw so yeah i know what i am talking about)
    and look what they have done with the maps! especially aztec, it's so f***g ugly right now and lag on my pc when crysis 3 in 1080p runs on 60 fps! well other ones looks pretty good to be honest, but still graphic can be a lot better especially design (well i play on min. settings so idc)
  49. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2) (If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is better than the visuals, review this section as if the visuals didn’t matter)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

50. Nov 18, 2013
    One of the best games i've ever played, the maps are great and the only person you can blame for your failure is yourself, because you only die when you make mistakes it does have some balancing problems when you use the public matchmaking but for the price of 13 bucks its acceptable.
  51. Nov 17, 2013
    If you are expecting something as revolutionary, or amazing as CS 1.6 and CS:S, This isn't the game for you. It takes a different outlook on the CS series. Standalone; this game is good; though it doesn't lead up to the expectations of the previous CS.
  52. Nov 15, 2013
    Best MMOFPS of all time nad i really live how Valve always update for free this game fro more better and better way, they improve very much things since the beta and now is very very awesome game! The only bad thing is a lot of cheaters but that is on every game in the world...
  53. Nov 15, 2013
    Decent remake. Yes some could argue that it isnt CS or CSS but those two were also quite different to begin with. Nobody forces you to buy it. Thus an retail version would have been nice since iam against DRM BS. Still refreshing from thousands of hours CS and CSS.
  54. Nov 8, 2013
    The release of custom skins and weapons was a great addition that attracted alot more people into the servers and into the competitive mode as well. The game is great and is updated many times., the community is awesome and the developers listen to their suggestions and some are really introduced to the game. However, the only downside I seem to find is the level of hackers in the competitive lobbies at higher levels ranks It's almost impossible to not find a lobby with a hacker on your team or the opposite team. Expand
  55. Nov 7, 2013
    Ultra bugged!, this game is almost unplayable. I get banned for weeks of competitive because the servers always kick me. When I get to play for a full hour this game is like a drug xD.
  56. Nov 7, 2013
    Arguably the best Counter-Strike ever made this version keep the core of the game-play that made the first version popular and add features and innovations that make it really great.
  57. Nov 7, 2013
    World's leading game of cheaters.. you will find this game fine to play but believe me you will never get rid of the cheaters who are ruining this game every day..
  58. Nov 5, 2013
    Valve didn't make many changes to this game, but if they did, it was for the best.

Overall a very balanced yet not noob-friendly mutliplayer experience.
  59. Nov 3, 2013
    This game is amazing. The weapens all have recoil, and are balanced in a way you use them all. You can play casual or competitve, and the matchmaking is pritty great. If you have some friends the game get's even better! And for this price, why would you even bother with games like CoD?
  60. Oct 31, 2013
    As someone who's never played any of the other Counter Strikes this game is awesome. The skill required to play the game is tremendous, and the learning curve is never ending. You have to strive to actually get better, not just unlock stuff, which for many players who have braved the COD and Battlefield generation is a nice breath of fresh air.

Of the things I enjoy, the competitive
    mode is what really stands out. 5 vs. 5, winner takes all matches, there is nothing better in gaming. You and your team have to actually work together to get stuff done, and most players take it seriously, which is nice. You will have bad matches, and the matchmaking can get frustrating, particularly being placed into a match where most people are of higher rank than you, but for the most part matches are typically even and both teams have an equal chance of winning.

The other game modes are fun and can help you learn how to play the game but I haven't played them all that much so it's not my place to talk about them. Arms race is one that's particularly fun and can help you learn how to handle all the weapons, but you wouldn't find me playing it anywhere near as much as I would competitive mode. Fun and helpful but not where the meat is.

I could go on about everything but that's not really my place. It works as it is, and for $15 you will be hard pressed to find a better bargain for the amount of fun this game will allot you. I wouldn't recommend it for your typical casual gamer, and there really isn't anything else besides the multiplayer component, but it's fun. Would recommend for anyone who's competitive or wants something new with their gaming.

~Sir Provost
  61. Oct 28, 2013
  62. Oct 26, 2013
    I never played much CS:S, although I had it. GO improves on it in many ways, and I have really enjoyed every match I've played so far. What I think really helps with GO is that it now has competitive matchmaking, as opposed to a server browser, so that you can go straight to a serious match. I can't stress it enough that this game really shows its best side in the competitive playlists. They are serious- leave one too many of the 5v5 matches prematurely and you can be penalized. People play this to win, and in doing so, play very tactically. People are calling "clear" on the mic, sharing info, making decisions, everything that an online FPS should aspire to accomplish. And the learning curve is not too steep either. Listen in on the chatter and actively try to help your team and you will learn the maps VERY fast- it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 rounds to learn a map if you pay attention to your minimap and learn the names for the areas on them. There is no better feeling in an online FPS than when you're on a solid team, facing another well-balanced team, 1:00 left on the clock, and both teams are playing well and in a coordinated fashion. Every map has its own little tips and trick regarding strategy that don't take long to learn just by playing, and once you know how to implement them and coordinate your team, you'll find yourself with win after win after win.

ALSO, change your reticle setting to classic dynamic. Seriously. The CS:S style reticle is SO much better than the new one, improves gameplay 1000%
  63. Oct 24, 2013
    I'd write more about this but..... im in que sooooooo. CSGO= ADDICTIVE, INCREDIBLY FUN, FANTASTIC GAMEPLAY AND EXECUTION. THIS GAME COMES 2nd ONLY TO DOTA 2 WHEN IT COMES TO COMPETITIVE ONLINE PC AND I PLAY A LOT OF
  64. Oct 14, 2013
    Looking on the positive side. This game provides an easy way to find 5v5 matches and a nice UI with different game modes and fun things you can do.
    Updated graphics, weapons and game play not least. This game looked very promising.

However, I can't describe how awful this game is. It involves deep knowledge with the netcode within the game, and it is out of the scope for 99.9% of all
    people playing this game (and reading this for that matter).
    I can go in detail and explain everything that is wrong, and they still wouldn't understand why Global Offensive is the worst Counter-Strike game yet.

Since the netcode still hasn't been fixed and still has the same flaws GoldSrc (Counter-Strike 1.6) had. I give this 0/10 points since these flaws ruins the entire online experience. That is, the competitive experience. For casuals, this game is fine.
  65. Oct 2, 2013
    This game is so much fun, the series was great and still is. Looking forward for the next release and it is very well priced as well. very well done developpers and thank you
  66. Sep 27, 2013
    It is one of the best games that i have played and still am i would suggest it for people from the age of 10 and over it is not bloody at all and very good game
  67. Sep 23, 2013
    Improve the hit-boxes, add bunny-hopping. also players don't finch(unlike cs1.6) when they gets hit valve needs to fix that. cross-hair must follow the recoil if valve fixes above problems,its gonna be the best counterstrike version ever
  68. Sep 20, 2013
    Good game and extreme variety of maps and community maps. The only problem in game is RESPAWN in DM. Random respawn can turn a FPS game in lucky game because with lucky, you will have serious advantage and without lucky, will die, die, die and die again because people spawning behind u.
  69. Sep 20, 2013
    It's counter-strike. No innovation here, but what it does, it does well. There is pretty much no aimbotting, so that is a big plus, although I have seen wallhacks and smoke hacks.

This version plays a lot like CS 1.0, for those who can remember that far back. 1.0 was fairly different from 1.3, which was again fairly different from 1.6. But yeah, this is a very nice iteration of CS in my
    opinion, so 8/10 from me. Expand
  70. Sep 18, 2013
    Meh. I played CS when it was in Beta and mod in the 90's and played it for years in to Source. This doesn't show any real improvements and appears to be just cashing in on the name. I admit I'm tired of the series but the maps are even still the same. This is one old horse.
  71. Sep 14, 2013
    What a bad game. I'm very disapointed of this game. I liked alot source and 1.6 but "that' is not a good game. do not buy this "game" if we can say "game".
  72. Sep 14, 2013
    At first i was a little skeptical being a source fan but i actually came to like this game playing classic competitive mode with friends. its painfully frustrating when your loosing but its invigorating when your playing well. making this game was a bold move by valve considering the large css community but they pulled it off really well.
  73. Sep 10, 2013
    This game, like the earlier games in the counter strike series is just great. It keeps all he competitiveness and skill that was involved in counter strike source. But keep in mind, this game is mainly a big reskin of source with a few new upgrades that make it a bit more interesting, for $15 you can't go wrong. I still personally prefer Counter strike source to this game, but this game definitely does come close, GO BUY IT! Expand
  74. Sep 4, 2013
    While the game is fun and addicting, it seems way too different that CS: Source and CS 1.6, if you're going to play a CS game for the first time, go with CS: Source, then pick this up and compare.
  75. Aug 16, 2013
    Counter-Strike GO is sharp where it counts. It's very familiar to the long time veterans who have stuck around for over a decade while offering a much-appreciated face lift and slight variance/additions to bring it closer to modern-day shooters, instead of solely sticking to its "guns" and offering the one classic gametype that carried CS for years without fault. Counter-Strike as a franchise will likely never offer the expansive or immersive gameplay that titles such as Battlefield have come to master, but that's kind of the beauty of it. You can literally jump in and out of games at-will. No matter what, whether you're looking for 15 minutes of tactical fury or a 3-hour binge session, Counter-Strike GO still carries the ability to draw an audience and keep it especially for the fans that favor the less forgiving mindlessness that Call of Duty has rewarded so abundantly. Definitely worth a look. Expand
  76. Aug 14, 2013
    This game is great! Its fast paced and it requires skill to beat experienced players. You can even play with bots to get better. This game doesn't deserve the negative reviews it has right now. And its very cheap unlike most modern shooters. $15 is a great price for this great game!
  77. Aug 12, 2013
    Love the Game Just awesome! Love play it with head phones This game needs a perfect brain Pcw are fantastic I played also css but i prefer cs :go beacuse is more accurate on the recoil, hitboxes love maps graphic looks much better than the old one!
  78. Aug 12, 2013
    Counter Strike Global Offensive is so Good You will enjoy playing matches Hitboxes are so fine and molotov is fantastic Great Play for do Clan war!
  79. Aug 12, 2013
    i previously gave this game a 5 but i decided to change my mind because this game is worth more than a 5 ans is quite fun so i decided to change it to a 7.
  80. Aug 9, 2013
    It is an improved Counter-Strike over Source, but there are a large number of problems. Getting kicked out of competitive or leaving in the middle of the round can result in a time-out, accuracy problems, hardware problems and more. However it is still Counter-Strike from deep within, and I like playing it. It just needs to be a little bit reworked.
  81. Aug 8, 2013
    Removed content from previous counter strikes, like flashlight, suppressors, night vision and some weapons.

The game feels unfinished, unbalanced weapons and bad player movement.

Hopefully they keep updating the game and adding/fixing stuff.
  82. Jul 22, 2013
    The game is overall good. The graphics are great, it keeps the CS-spirit and it's fun to play. The buying menu can be really confusing at the beginning, such as armor/defuse kits located at Buying Category #5 instead of #6 and the Deagle being gun #5 in the Pistol Category instead of #4. It has all the good old maps with a few updates, plus some new maps, such as Mirage, which I like to call de_dust3. Sound-quality and weapon-models are of course better too. Expand
  83. Jul 20, 2013
    Excellent Game. I played over 600hrs. Very fun. Death has a consequence you sit out 1min and watch other people play!

Three Major Problems that stop this from getting a 10.

a.) Hacking. Several People wall hack, aim hack etc. and they need to solve this.
    b.) You get matched up with people from Brazil who have pings of 200.
    c.) Game reset my achievements somehow.
  84. Jul 20, 2013
    The Counter-Strike:Global Offensive is a great game the Counter-Strike:Global Offensives are well improve with it's new models,weapons,game modes,maps and game play. But the problem is the weapon draw sounds are the same and the old maps are not featured in the new generation of Counter-Strike.
  85. Jul 17, 2013
    There is a reason this game is cheaper than Counter-Strike: Source on Steam; It's worse. The graphics have been "upgraded" a lot from CSS, but it doesn't really look better. Player models are harder to distinguish, but they are larger. Less fun and less skilled than CSS
  86. Jul 14, 2013
    As probably most of the market for this game has already at one point played CS in the past I'd like to write this review with a fresh taste on what this newest installment has to offer, in a tee, a very good, balanced, fun and competitive FPS shooter with some casual modes thrown in.

I'm going to keep it short for those that have been following CS since the 1.6 era; this it better than
    Source for the competitive edge; the maps are better balanced, some improvements to make it slightly harder to use the AWP (welcome in my book!), and generally better stat keeping. There are no move able props in this either, for example barrels are now static. Certain other subtle things have been done on the CT/Terrorist divide but not much, for example the CTs no longer have weapons that can attach the suppressor.

For those that are new or relatively new, you'll love the game. It has plenty of modes, mods and maps. A community that just keeps giving and a very easy to navigate menu for playing with your mates. On top of that since CS has such a big following you'll never be stuck for servers.

One thing that has made CS so good I believe since day one is it's responsiveness, so bare in mind this isn't a slow-medium paced game, it is definitely a quick one and you'll always encounter people that have been playing this game for a long time. It's hard to explain why I've never stopped playing it, but it's the definitive multiplayer FPS shooter in my eyes and if you haven't played it before then for the price it is I wouldn't hesitate.

A little news on the spec this would require and it's still low considering todays standards, which is a good thing people on laptops with a dedicated graphics card should be able to play this pretty easily.

Bare in mind newbies that if you get this game you'll find yourself dead a lot, I find myself dead alot and I've been playing for years. There are plenty of 'aim' maps for you to get used to the shooting characteristics of Counter Strike.
  87. Jul 7, 2013
    While I haven't played a full game of 1.6 yet (puts up flame shield), I absolutely couldn't stand to play Source (again, flame shield). This however, is a fun game, even with bots. Source feels really clunky in comparison to this, as in GO I can actually decently aim where I want to shoot, and it hits the general area (unlike Source, where I had this problem of aiming for the head, cursor on top and all, but completely missing). If theres any Counter-Strike game I can recommend playing, its this one, just practice well before you head out into online servers, as the players there can be REALLY rough on a noob like myself, gameplay-wise. Expand
  88. Jul 6, 2013
    I love this latest iteration of CS!
    Been playing the game for over ten years non stop.
    I still love 1.6 even but GO is actually very good. A very nice refresh of this classic.
  89. Jul 3, 2013
    As a first CS player I feel like the game had its weak points and strong points. Strong Points Overall competitive atmosphere Nice graphics Good gameplay Great community matchmaking Weak Points Unforgiving/sometimes constant lag Hit detection Body shots might as well be you throwing highly quality baby butt soft pillows With some tweaking this game can be anyone's wet dream. As the game even offers casual and competitive modes. I enjoyed the game a lot and will continue the play whenever the mood strikes me.

In short, wait for a steam sale and get it.
  90. Jun 28, 2013
    The new definitive way to play Old-School Counter-Strike. This game is basically CS1.6, but with better balance, and adjustments. There's nothing else to it, in the older games, some weapons completely outclass other guns. In this game, every weapon are good in certain cases. Graphics are nicely done, even though the Source engine is ageing a little too much. This game is only $15! What!? That's really cheap for a game these days. However, CS1.6 and CS:S have more custom modes and mods then CS:GO but that's not that much of a issue. That's all I really have to say. This game is a must if you're a hardcore Counter-Strike fan, this game is a absolute must in your collection. Expand
  91. Jun 23, 2013
    This may be the best version of Counterstrike, but by no means is it a perfect game.

I personally am not a big fan of the Counterstrike series, as the game is a good example of "the rich get richer". newbies often have little chance of doing well, as many seasoned players can almost instantly headshot you as you are running on the other side of the map.

my opinion of this game is,
    its a fun distraction if you play against bots, dont expect to do good, as long-time players are the norm online... and the community isnt very friendly either... with people continually trolling and being annoying using the voip. Expand
  92. Jun 23, 2013
    This game has flaws, it lacks a lot of the maps from the previous counter-strike games and new updates keep nerfing weapons (deagle, AUG and Sg550), but despite these rather minor flaws this game is very good and enjoyable, and worth playing. Valve has brought many new changes to counter-strike, and I especially liked the the new competetive gameplay and the two new game mods; demolition and arms race. Expand
  93. Jun 15, 2013
    CS: GO may seem like an unnecessary addition to the CS franchise: the core game play is still the same and the game still only uses the source engine. However, CS: GO makes some good additions and refinements to the formula. There are new guns, improved graphics and some of the maps have been re-made and re-balanced. There are also some new game modes such as arms race and this is a good game mode for those that don't like having to wait when they die. The new game modes are representative of an experience one would expect from a traditional COD game, and Valve have done a good job fitting it into the Counter-strike experience. CS:GO is also very cheap too ($15) and if you wait for Steam sales you can even get it at half of that, making it an absolute steal. All said, CS: GO makes some good changes to the formula and adds in more modes to appeal to the broader audience. Recommended. Expand
  94. Jun 12, 2013
    This game is a great successor to the original Counter-Strike series which features an improved version of the Source Engine. New maps, weapons, and player models give this game a new feel whilst bringing back the original, simultaneously. The new user friendly interface gives everyone the opportunity to try out a game without having the hassle of figuring out the menu before actually getting into the field of fire. Although it lacks the heavy update people were hoping for, it still has a few new things to offer to the players. Expand
  95. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    I hadn't played any CS game until GO went free for a weekend on Steam and I would be a liar if I said it was love at first sight. Everything was so difficult and I used to die like 20 times per match even against easy bots. I kept playing because I just loved its graphics too much to abandon it and now it's one of my favorite games. 10/10 graphics 9/10 gameplay 8/10 online experience 9/10 maps.
  96. Jun 1, 2013
    Great game :D
  97. May 30, 2013
    Anger, frustration, humiliation, and just... pure RAGE online with other people who know the maps better than you and get killed OVER 30 TIMES! I LOVE IT!
  98. May 28, 2013
    A terrible addition to the Counter Strike series. Instead of going forward, Hidden Path Entertaintment decided to go backwards with CS:GO, the same thing they did with the big 2010 CS:S update. Which was a horrible update. It is very unfortunate that this an abomination of a developer gets to work with the greatness that is Valve.

A simple redesigned/graphically updated new Counter
    Strike (like the leap from 1.6 to Source) with new maps and weapons would have been sufficient but unfortunately they (Hidden Path) decided to add game breaking mechanics, add terrible graphics (it hardly looks better than CS:S, even after 8 years) and other retarded mainstream features. I would even dare to say that this game isn't worthy of a Counter-Strike title. This is coming from a big Valve fan and a long time CS player.

Valve/Hidden Path, please stop ruining the series/your games in general and stick to the old school Counter Strike. The Steam statistics say enough, CS:GO is hardly in the top 10 of most played games, while 1.6 and CS:S were in the top 3 for a very long time (multiple years).
  99. May 28, 2013
    Countenter strike global offensive has so briliant graphics and also it has nice game modes but I preffer classics for example counter strike 1.6. http://www.extracounterstrike.com/
  100. May 23, 2013
    It's no Counter Strike Source, but it still has some nice qualities. Graphics improved from its predecessor. At the same time, the movement and aiming feels a little sloppy compared to the crispness of CSS. Great game for the price, but like many other die hard CSS fans, I believe the original is still a better game.
  101. Aug 21, 2012
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the $15 (cheap!)

Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]