Counter-Strike: Source PC

8.9

1. Bountyhµnt3r
    Dec 15, 2006
    Great game, killing graphics, headshooting action!!!
  2. MarioK.
    Dec 16, 2006
    Best Game Ever!!! Don't believe that any other game will reatch this fun-factor. Maybe it is not the most realistic game... but this is not the criterion. CS has the most attractive game-mode. Round-based with short rounds, fast gameplay and great physics since CS-Source. I don't need blood in this game, and maybe the weapons could be wooden, it would be the same fun to me!!!
  3. DerekS.
    Dec 21, 2006
    It's stupid to have a gun in any game that is as powerful as the AWP. Any developer with inteligence would have not put that in the game. The rest is good, way to buy somebodies idea and not get the kinks out before you put it on your engine.
  4. ShaneM.
    Dec 3, 2006
    This game is the best online multiplayer FPS I have touched, the mods and competitive gameplay make it the best out there, yes the dwp does somewhat make the game unfavorable, but many servers don't even use, so dont let noobs confuse you with it. I recommend this game to anyone who likes any type of fps, if you dont have a top of the line computer, its ok this game is magnificent on This game is the best online multiplayer FPS I have touched, the mods and competitive gameplay make it the best out there, yes the dwp does somewhat make the game unfavorable, but many servers don't even use, so dont let noobs confuse you with it. I recommend this game to anyone who likes any type of fps, if you dont have a top of the line computer, its ok this game is magnificent on any settings.(my settings. nvidia 7600gt, 2.2 dual core proc, 1gig, 200gb, I used to run it on a much worse Comp. and it ran fine. Expand
  5. JKid
    Oct 23, 2006
    Very addictive and has broadened the imagination of many and opened the real killer in all.... the game gives you a real feel of what it would be like in that scenario, from the realistic guns to the most specific stitch in your players glove the game has been taken to a new level!
  6. JohnYu
    Oct 24, 2006
    All is fine except for the headshot box is bigger than the broadside of a barn.
  7. JakeH.
    Oct 24, 2006
    It is a good game over all, but it is way too hard to become good with all the people who have played since the original CS so its not fun.
  8. DillonJ.
    Oct 25, 2006
    Its the mother of FPS games, I dunno if there will ever be a gamelike CS:S again so im gonna take these moments and treasure them.
  9. DG
    Oct 28, 2006
    I've loved this game since the da I bought it, and with all the custom content created by other players it makes the game even better!
  10. BradH.
    Oct 31, 2006
    This is simply put, the greatest FPS to ever of been made. Valve definitely knew what they were doing when they made the perfect mix of tactics and all insane shooting.
  11. AdamB.
    Oct 5, 2006
    I have played Counter Strike ever since I was young and I have to say this one was by far the best, well with increasing technology it's eneditable that it would be, allthough I do think for the technicle eara we are at the moment I think the graphics could be better, but that is my only complaint, but this game is truley amazing a total 9/10!
  12. MikeJ.
    Oct 5, 2006
    Great graphics, simple in design, easy to get the hang of yet timeless in gameplay it never gets old.
  13. SteveL.
    Oct 6, 2006
    I love this game.
  14. FelipeA.
    Oct 9, 2006
    I'm playing Counter-Strike since 1.5 version, I love this game and I must say that Counter-Strike: Source is certainly the best of all CS versions. Nice job Sierra!
  15. CollinC.
    Oct 9, 2006
    I give it a 9 because it has great graphics and is great to play...though every now and then its got problems but the world isnt perfect, and for ppl that complaine about hacking....it has pretty good protection because I hacked once and they banned my cd key to Half-Life 2 so I had to buy a whole new one...and this has happend to my freinds too.
  16. JeffT.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Totally incredible.This is one of the best games i have ever played. The new improvments of the older ones are amazing:Graphics,physics,and tons of other stuff make this game a must have!This is a game for a hardcore FPS fan!
  17. JoeK.
  18. Technosexual
    Mar 24, 2006
    Amazing new port of a timeless clasic. Never gets old because each new map requires different strategy and skill.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Amazing. High-Quality graphics, out-standing AI, Team Play like no other game.
  20. A.Foster
    Mar 25, 2006
    This game is great. It's the more improved game of the origional Counter Strike game. It combines the great shooting with strategy. There are new maps that are just made of glass that provide extra fun. I strongly suggest buying this game if you love shooting terrorists!
  21. HughM.
    Mar 25, 2006
    A few minutes to learn, a lifetime to master. the best game with the best graphics and physics.
  22. AnonymousMC
    Mar 25, 2006
    An ok game, a above average shooter, but since they removed all of the things like being able to shoot through walls, made every gun accurate and basically made it even more simple than it was, it lost "counter-strike" somewhere and became "CT vs T shooter". The extra physics are pointless (like the barrels that you "bounce" off) should be removed as they are pointless and just slow thingsAn ok game, a above average shooter, but since they removed all of the things like being able to shoot through walls, made every gun accurate and basically made it even more simple than it was, it lost "counter-strike" somewhere and became "CT vs T shooter". The extra physics are pointless (like the barrels that you "bounce" off) should be removed as they are pointless and just slow things down. ALso, the maps made of "glass" were in CS1.6 so you don't nede source to play them!. Still gets points for being a ok generic shooter Expand
  23. SeanF.
    Mar 26, 2006
    Great game very realistic.
  24. PhilK.
    Mar 26, 2006
    The definitive online FPS. Just the right blend of skill and tactics, with great visuals. If you're new to it, the amount of amazingly-skilled players can be off-putting, but the maps are small enough to learn quickly, so stick with it and you'll be headshotting with the AWP in no time.
  25. Brendan
    Mar 26, 2006
    Great remake of the most addictive FPS, Counter Strike. cs:source is really just an amazing game to play. the source engine is a great piece of work.
  26. JacobH.
    Mar 28, 2006
    Excellent game. It sets the bar for graphics and in-game physics.
  27. MikeO.
    Mar 28, 2006
    The best multiplayer game I have played. Excellent graphics, fun mods, best for LAN partys. NO OTHER TEAM BASED MULTIPLAYER GAME is better than this.
  28. Wotsisname
    Mar 28, 2006
    Excellent game, great graphics, but not much improvement from counterstrike 1.6 blood is lame and unrealistic.
  29. MikeC.
    Mar 28, 2006
    ive been playin source for a yr now a litle over that im in a clan and i still love the game its fun and enjoyable.
  30. JoshB.
    Apr 10, 2006
    i loved the cs 1.6 but cs source is so much better gamers get ready for some hard core cs this is the game u want to get lol its off the hook.
  31. ZachF.
    Apr 17, 2006
    This game is great. I have played it for hours and hours and it hasn't lost its appeal.
  32. AaronM.
    Apr 24, 2006
    best game i ever played.needs more weapons and maps need to be bigger though. besides that this game rules.
  33. Eli
    Apr 25, 2006
    best PC game out there, I've loved every minuet of it, and I've played over 2000 hours :)
  34. MinOh
    Apr 3, 2006
    It was awesome!!!
  35. Chriss
    May 11, 2006
    Great game, no probs but if u dont have a decent computer or connection, then it lags and thats a bitch when your in a firefight.
  36. Robert
    May 11, 2006
    A very very good game. I would recommend it to anybody who likes first person shooters. Also I used to play Wolfenstein, so if you like that game you are bound to like this game!!!
  37. JohnD.
    May 11, 2006
    I love this game. I play a few minutes everyday to relieve stress and get out get out aggression. This is the reason I have a built Gaming System. 10 out of 10.
  38. AlexB.
    May 12, 2006
    Counter Strike 1.6 as a good game, But counter strike source reinvented the play of action game, its the best game in the world!
  39. KevinO.
    May 12, 2006
    Very addicting and fun. Great way to spend your time!
  40. BobD.
    May 12, 2006
    Counter strike source is a really neat game! Download now and own noobz until your fingers bleed!
  41. Novi4ekNone
  42. NiGhTmArEL33T
    May 12, 2006
    I agree that its a great game, but it would have been greater if it didnt demand so much from your computer. With that i mean that you almost have to buy an "High-End computer" so be satisfied enough. I still enjoy CS 1.6 as much as i did about 4 years ago or so. But they both are great games. NiGhTmArE [SWEDEN)
  43. Venom1000TT
    May 13, 2006
    Kick ass...playing CS for about 3 years now...still love it.
  44. ShaneR.
    May 13, 2006
    Disappointing, I expected more from the source mods overall, game play has been limited from 1.6 in both cs and dod. CS:S is a port and nothing more and still suffers from that same problems of hackers/scriptkiddies as well as unbalanced weapons. I wasn't a fan of cs before the port but now its just a joke. I stick to DoD:s and when i play CS:S i still have a chance even though the Disappointing, I expected more from the source mods overall, game play has been limited from 1.6 in both cs and dod. CS:S is a port and nothing more and still suffers from that same problems of hackers/scriptkiddies as well as unbalanced weapons. I wasn't a fan of cs before the port but now its just a joke. I stick to DoD:s and when i play CS:S i still have a chance even though the game play is so different. Where are all the benefits of the physics and materials that were being showed off in the demos? Expand
  45. Novi4ekNone
  46. NunoR.
    May 13, 2006
    No WORDS can describe this superb game, much better than cs 1.6, you'll just play it four hours and hours until you can't more, just play it and see for yourself!! a pitty though the VAC cant be more punishing for those o just play it "withot the normal rules" you know what i mean (Xeaters)!!!!
  47. YermakirumY.
  48. SteveoM.
    May 13, 2006
    Amazingly fun, hooked on this crack strike for years...and what a huge improvement on CS 1.6! I'm glad Valve went with the motto "If there is nothing wrong with it, why fix it?" and all they did was improve on what was already great game play. I do wish they would bring back the arabs map though, that map was a blast! hahaha
  49. JoeK.
    May 14, 2006
  50. DannyG
    May 14, 2006
    This game is uber dank. Your other obligations in life will suffer because of this game. Its a shame that Steam takes over your comp. Oh well.
  51. DaveN.
    May 15, 2006
    Can't help myself just need to keep playing - i'm no good just love it like a drug! Get withdrawl when on holiday now. Might as well write the rest of my life off. Not long in my case as over 40 now!
  52. JoakinM.
    May 15, 2006
    el mejor juego del mundoooo!!!
  53. TommyM.
    Super game 2 pro gamers.
  54. MitchT.
    May 16, 2006
    I love this game. whenever i come home from school i just sit down, open a monster energy and play css.
  55. LuisN.
    May 16, 2006
    This game is great, great graphics great interface and it has the source code, what more can we ask? Thank you Valve.
  56. ZakJ.
    May 16, 2006
    this game has changed my life it has to be one of the best games ever created. the maps are orginal and exciting.
  57. DarrylO.
    May 16, 2006
    A good strategic game includes alot of team work has good weapons and use of grenades a very good game rating overall 10.
  58. KenshinH.
    May 17, 2006
    The first FPS I ever played was Doom when I was like 6 or something. CS:S is the second one I've played and it is the BEST.
  59. AndrewW.
    May 17, 2006
    This is an amazing game online!
  60. ChrisB.
    May 18, 2006
    best team-based fps ever, hope it COMPLETELY whipes 1.6 from this earth one day and ppl realise source is the way to go.
  61. CraigK.
    May 18, 2006
    Just dosent deliver enough excitement. Also dosent lan as well as i would like. DOD is much better in both aspects.
  62. SteveL.
    May 21, 2006
    I love this game.
  63. FrankE.
    May 20, 2006
    its an awsome game, but there really needs to be more maps that will be very fun to play on,
  64. TravisT.
    May 2, 2006
    This game is awesome with outstanding graphics and great affects.
  65. JoeK.
  66. GeorgeZ.
    May 22, 2006
    this is a visualy stuning game, half life 2 graphics, it is the best online game out there. this game has the best mods, like warcraft 3 mod, which is very cool! look it up! anyway this is a game that is worth buying!
  67. AmitK.
    May 20, 2006
    Outstanding and of course entertaining!
  68. ChrisR.
    May 22, 2006
    Excellent gameplay loads of maps and OMG the graffics are superb.
  69. YermakirumY.
    May 23, 2006
  70. Thor
    May 23, 2006
    Easily the greatest game ever made, I never stop playing it. I played this before I played 1.6, so I missed out on the whole "1.6 die-hard" phase. Whenever I do play 1.6, though, it does not compare to the graphics and style of Source. 10/10 for sure.
  71. Novi4ekNone
  72. DominicR.
    May 24, 2006
    Whoever says it lost the origional feel is themselves lost, it improves on everything 1.6 was and got rid of the biggest flaw in the game the riot sheild. System requirements are adequate if not low for teh visuals and can be ajusted to suit computers from 7 years ago. Great gameplay, still modern graphics and ORIGIONAL cs feel.
  73. AriK.
    May 24, 2006
    I thing this is the best multiplayer game because it's being updated almost everyweek... anyway i dont wanna say anything just buy this game learn how to play and enjoy.
  74. Osiris
    May 25, 2006
    Been playin bout 18 months now, not a bad game not fantastic either. Weapon accuracy sux ass summit rotten for a start... but when ya get the hang of it it becomes... acceptable. nice graphics, nice feel to the engine although HDR is a pointless waste of fps in my opinion. Hit boxes really REALLY blow, way to laggy. valve need to do summit with ther anti cheat software too... uber h4xz0rz Been playin bout 18 months now, not a bad game not fantastic either. Weapon accuracy sux ass summit rotten for a start... but when ya get the hang of it it becomes... acceptable. nice graphics, nice feel to the engine although HDR is a pointless waste of fps in my opinion. Hit boxes really REALLY blow, way to laggy. valve need to do summit with ther anti cheat software too... uber h4xz0rz aplenty! all in all probs not worth £25 but better than sum of the fps bs out there. Expand
  75. EvanS.
    May 25, 2006
    Best Multiplaye First-Person Shooter i have played Gaming since 1991.
  76. PaulG.
    May 25, 2006
    This is the best online gaming after Counter-Strike it all the conversion was greatly and perfectly made, the graphics are Realy greater than every other online game in 2006, so Source made a great part of it. it sure the most nice online game ever made.
  77. PhilC.
    May 25, 2006
    This game is fantastic. Just like 1.6, but with better graphics. All the original 1.6 people that wine "waaa! the hitboxes are messed up", "omg! the recoil is bad" etc. Are not very clever, if you test the two on both games, you can find they have as bad hitboxes as each other and the recoil is the same almost. Also people that say it's full of idiots that complain about AWP and Auto This game is fantastic. Just like 1.6, but with better graphics. All the original 1.6 people that wine "waaa! the hitboxes are messed up", "omg! the recoil is bad" etc. Are not very clever, if you test the two on both games, you can find they have as bad hitboxes as each other and the recoil is the same almost. Also people that say it's full of idiots that complain about AWP and Auto snipers, there are some, because the auto is lame. But, if you trott over to a 1.6 server and do the same, people also complain. "you Need 4000USD to buy a computer that is able to ploay it". Once again total rubish, my computer is 800USD, it plays it like a gem, and i can run it on max settings with no trouble at all. Finally, i want to make it clear that it's graphics isn't ust wat makes it a better game, it's the entire thing, people that moan about pointless physics - what did it do to the game play. Nothing is you answer! It's a very good game, a must buy in my eyes. 9.1/10 in my eyes. Expand
  78. MichaelS.
    May 26, 2006
    I give Counter-Strike: Source a 10 for gameplay and graphics. However, as with all multiplayer games, the players aren't always the best (personality-wise). The Steam interface isn't so bad, except CS needs a better Linux port. Well worth the money, have fun fragging!
  79. LokiH.
    The best game ever.
  80. PytekC.
    May 26, 2006
    The best Game after CS 1.6... Good gameplay... good graphic... nice atmosphere with guy's on server... good work.
  81. PeterG.
    May 26, 2006
    This is my favorite game ;) The best Game of the world is Counter-Strike:Source.
  82. YermakirumY.
    May 28, 2006
  83. I.Rafter
    May 28, 2006
    This game is amazing, cheap, and gets better every time you play it. Great maps, great gameplay.
  84. MathewH.
    May 29, 2006
    this game is great i cant wait to play on as soon as i come in from work and its very addictive to become one of the best of the gaming world and this game has both excellent graphics and game play. sounds great and plays even better.
  85. ChrisK.
    May 30, 2006
    Amazing, maybe some new guns soon would be nice.
  86. JoeK.
    May 31, 2006
  87. YuraT.
    May 5, 2006
    No comment
  88. DamienC.
    May 5, 2006
    ce jeu est extraordinair comment vous le dire c trop fort c ma vie c mon réve il y a un seule defaut il faudait que le mod rpg soit de la méme lange que le joueur moi jsuis francais et c en englais sinon persone na jammait fait un meillleur jeu d'action je dit a ceux qui l'on créé BRAVOOOOOOO a+ et jespar que vous menvoirer des message sur msn svp.
  89. LoganMoore
    May 6, 2006
    This game is incredibly addictive, you can keep playing and playing. A great creation.
  90. ScottB.
    May 6, 2006
    Great graphics, challenging but helpful bots, (much more fun than playing online absurd teens and "tweens" with too much time on their hands and who usually berate anyone except true pros) Great new maps with stunning sound & detail. The bots are a bit predictable but I defy anyone to write a better AI program. Using cheat codes I don't have to wait until the end of a round and can Great graphics, challenging but helpful bots, (much more fun than playing online absurd teens and "tweens" with too much time on their hands and who usually berate anyone except true pros) Great new maps with stunning sound & detail. The bots are a bit predictable but I defy anyone to write a better AI program. Using cheat codes I don't have to wait until the end of a round and can keep my cash high. It is FUN to play! Expand
  91. JoeK.
  92. OnlyRailgGun*Bia?yMi?piechur
    May 6, 2006
    I've played 1026 h and i think this is "one" of best shooter online.. I am still waiting for "Counter Strike 3.0" ? :> but in third part of game must have next gen graphics and amazing physics. :PP
  93. BraddT.
    May 6, 2006
    While updating the graphics Valve lost everything that made Counter-strike 1.6 so fantastic. While the game looks good it lacks the gameplay that made its predecessor so successful. A pretty but poor game that rides on the successor of the far superior game it followed.
  94. MikeB.
    May 7, 2006
    It's a nice game but its unstable on my system.. shutting down css takes about 1.5 minute while other harder games just shut down and dont need to load windows again (what it looks like)
  95. RossL.
    May 7, 2006
    Class game bigger maps and more guns i agree and i like the new skins, very cool, prehaps more camoflaged one like the terorist snow one which i like to use on office cool and funny lol gg.
  96. JasonFlax
    May 7, 2006
    This is THE SINGLE BEST multiplayer game, EVER!!!!
  97. DylanPN
    May 7, 2006
    Fan of 1.6. Moved to it this year, all I can say is its the sweetness with all the models and things being revamped, I can't wait to get back to playing!
  98. GinFish
    May 7, 2006
    Flawless Gameplay, Flawless Graphics, Flawless Gaming Experience.
  99. CarlE.
    May 7, 2006
    Great game and all, but the community is bad for newbies. there are a lot of hackers too, but that really shouldn't reflect back on the game.
  100. PavelZ.
    My Ultimate drug.

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.