Counter-Strike: Source PC

8.9

1. MortenJ.
    May 10, 2006
    Only the follower to the nr1 online game of all time ... anything less then 10 would be ludacris.
  2. MattH.
    This game owns!!
  3. Anon
    Jun 10, 2007
    Let's face it, CS:S was never meant to be a realistic game. Headshots can be made 9 or more times in a row, one man with a Famas can kill an entire team, and the AWP is ridiculously powerful - a .50 cal is not needed in most FPS games. Physics are crazy - bodies catapult out of windows through grenade blasts and bodies are flung back when the players are shot. The maps are linear. Let's face it, CS:S was never meant to be a realistic game. Headshots can be made 9 or more times in a row, one man with a Famas can kill an entire team, and the AWP is ridiculously powerful - a .50 cal is not needed in most FPS games. Physics are crazy - bodies catapult out of windows through grenade blasts and bodies are flung back when the players are shot. The maps are linear. Awful game, and 1.6 is much better value for money. Expand
  4. SamuelMartin
    Aug 2, 2009
    This game failed at improving counter-strike as the competitive game it should be. It lacks the feel and the competitiveness that goldsrc counter-strike has. The graphics don't make up for it (heck, they don't even update css to the latest source engine version). Hopefully the guys at cspromod will make a better job.
  5. JoshN
    Jan 20, 2010
    A Fantastic multi player experience that is a fantastic bargain since it comes with Half-Life 2. A Must have game for anyone! :)
  6. Novi4ekNone
    Jan 30, 2010
  7. LewisS
    Jan 6, 2010
    Counter strike source is a good game that people could play for hourse but it is not that good...It is just not as addictive as it could be..
  8. AhmetY.
    May 17, 2006
    It's very good.Graphic from the source engine is phantistic but CSS has a worse gameplay then 1.6.And CS1.6 is the only one.Its the most playing game on steam and thats is the reason why i give CSS only 8.
  9. CodyHughes
    May 10, 2006
    I would like to say in my opinion that this game has got to be one of the best first person shooters out right now,and i want to complement the original modder for this awsome game.
  10. Viktor
    May 6, 2006
    CS: source is a good game, thogh, it sometimes is boring... I mean when you die all the time, everyone else is better... You don't know what to do... But when you do know what to do, then it is kind of the best game ever!
  11. Zex
    May 6, 2006
    This game is 1 of the best online games now can play more people in serves 64 than in cs 1.6 are 32 oll mine favorites guns and but i am yearning shield on CT side.
  12. DASDOBO
    May 6, 2006
    I play it more then two years and it's the best game ever i've played
  13. YermakirumY.
  14. DominikE.
    May 6, 2006
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  15. MichaelC.
    May 6, 2006
    This is the only game that exists to me, no others come close.
  16. Warren
    May 7, 2006
    This game is awesome. One of the best online shooters out now. And probably will be for a long, long time.
  17. DeanR.
    May 8, 2006
    The best tactical and huge multiplayer game in the world a must game to play i cant help it counterstrike source is 100% addictive.
  18. Marvin
    May 8, 2006
    This game is the best multiplayer game I had ever played.
  19. MirwanS.
    Jun 20, 2006
    An incredible game, i must admit. It has great graphics and the source engine is probably one of the best i've seen for an fps. You can expect alot from this game.
  20. JamesP.
    Jul 25, 2006
    The engine is too choppy. mainly because the game was designed around a graphics engine not a physics engine. The game just doent feel right. It looks nice, just runs very bad. one of the worse fps games to date.
  21. MattH.
    Aug 1, 2006
    This game owns!!
  22. CoryHaines
    Aug 2, 2006
    this is one of the best if not the best action game iv ever pld well done valve.
  23. YermakirumY.
    Feb 1, 2007
  24. ShervinM.
    Feb 3, 2007
    It is the best game I have ever played in my life.
  25. TimW.
    Jun 5, 2007
    People who claim there are to many cheaters need to switch to a Secure Server (VAC) or Stop playing on non-Steam servers. (For people who didn't actually buy the game.) I am yet to come across someone I could honestly say I was certain they were cheating, I have been suspicious of people once or twice, In anycase it is up to server-admin's to follow up on hack/cheaters.
  26. DanielJohansson
    Jul 1, 2007
    my game dosent work i buyed it but after i have installed and start the game im just coming to a damn shop and it says that i must buy it. but i have played it with my coussin he have it to and for him it works and he don't now why my game is like it is , but liked it, but it don't works so, and if someone nows how i can fix it so please send an -mail to tt95-hockey@hotmail.com
  27. RobertJ.
    Jul 5, 2007
    Its the best game ever! I have been a pro gamer and have been spending many hours playing Counter-Strike Source.
  28. ArkadiyIssayev
    Feb 20, 2008
    This game is super and has a good graphic! But it my favorite game. All i hate is hackers. i want this game to be protected by hacks! I like some mods it good but it not hack at all it just make you gun look different! If you want to see the model or to make for you too, here the link http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/games/2 it hard to understand for you maybe! Enjoy it!!! It my favoriteThis game is super and has a good graphic! But it my favorite game. All i hate is hackers. i want this game to be protected by hacks! I like some mods it good but it not hack at all it just make you gun look different! If you want to see the model or to make for you too, here the link http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/games/2 it hard to understand for you maybe! Enjoy it!!! It my favorite game too! I love those people who make this games! I want to thanks to those people too!! Collapse
  29. YermakirumY.
    Feb 6, 2008
  30. TimT.
    Apr 12, 2008
    this game is one of the best shooters ever
  31. NikH
    May 3, 2008
    Counter Strike:Source is the best game i have ever played.
  32. haroldl
    Apr 27, 2009
    The game has some issues with using Vista, but it's no big deal.. Vista reports that Half life has stopped responding when you close it or end game.. out side of that it runs perfectly and is on of the best games ever.. that is the only reason that i gave it a 8 and not a perfect 10 that it deserves.
  33. LilDX
    Apr 9, 2009
    No its a great GAME! Jacob S, is wrong. i recommend this game more than any other. Its lot of fun and u dont get easyly bored of it! . telling ya , been playing css for 3-4 years. And I still play . There are so many great servers with different mods and so on like zombie mod. Thats history lol , . 10 stars .
  34. ZedoM
    May 6, 2009
    Counter-Strike: Source is a very good game. I believe it has some of the best gameplay, and pretty good graphics. The short games mean you can start it up and have several games played within a half hour.
  35. WesleyV.
    Sep 22, 2009
  36. SteveL.
    Sep 30, 2009
    I love this game.
  37. LimoB
    Jan 1, 2010
    Awesome games me and mates can't get enough of it, its unique game play is beasty, even my mates that say they don't like it ended up playing hours of it in the weekend
  38. ChrisB
    Feb 1, 2010
    This game is absolutely amazing. Better than any FPS shooter EVER made. The repeatability is outstanding. There are so many game modes from default CSS to mini-games, zombie mod, gun game, jailbreak, world of warcraft, basically anything you can think of you just have to look. I have played this game for 6 years, everytime i get a new game like CoD i go back to this when i get bored of This game is absolutely amazing. Better than any FPS shooter EVER made. The repeatability is outstanding. There are so many game modes from default CSS to mini-games, zombie mod, gun game, jailbreak, world of warcraft, basically anything you can think of you just have to look. I have played this game for 6 years, everytime i get a new game like CoD i go back to this when i get bored of that. I seriously dont see how you can get bored of this you just need to give it some time and effort to get good at. It isnt a basic run-n-gun you will get owned everytime, its hard to become 1337 you cant expect to in one month. As for looks this game is pretty great for being made in 2004 but the source engine it uses is the best you can get. I have a top of the line PC and i still like these graphics more than others. 10 for gameplay, repeatability and graphics(amazing for 2004 game). Expand
  39. Novi4ekNone
    Mar 10, 2010
  40. RazveckT.
    Nov 20, 2006
    Good textures and excellent engine, fast and simple play system.
  41. WesleyV.
    Dec 23, 2006
  42. AndrewM.
    Oct 6, 2006
    Its a wonderful game and by that I mean ABSOLUTLY GREAT!!!! I like how when nades go off there are fx's to it.
  43. YermakirumY.
    Oct 7, 2006
  44. KurtL.
    Oct 9, 2006
    1.6 is still better.
  45. NavidShafie
    Apr 10, 2006
    this game is soo tight i plat it all the time its soo cool.
  46. SteffanH.
    Apr 20, 2006
    It`s a great game ! The best of Counter strike ! Realy nice graphic .
  47. NicholasP.
    Apr 3, 2006
    The graphics improvement from Counter Strike: Condition Zero to Source is amazing. It's almost much more realistic. Anyone with Condition Zero needs to uprgrade to Source.
  48. LukeW.
    May 11, 2006
    If you have ever played an online FPS and havent played CS:S Then you Trully are missing out on this Decades Best and most played Online FPS.
  49. MaxG.
    May 11, 2006
    Counter-Strike:Source is the best multiplayer-shooter I've ever played... a large amount of weapons and equipment, all with different qualities and features. I've played ca. 500h CS:S now and I haven't played enough hours yet.... Max (Germany)
  50. meandhim
    May 14, 2006
    Great graphics, gameplay was lost from CS 1.6, the more upgrades the worse the game seems to get... Sort the hitboxes and make it harder to use AWP/Scout etc and it could be 9/10.
  51. eMPy
    May 10, 2006
    It's just a amazingly improved version of CS. Smoother gameplay, more realism and great graphics! Of course you need better hardware for it than for CS 1.6, but every middle-class-PC is sufficient by now.
  52. JoeK.
    May 21, 2006
  53. AllanK.
    May 22, 2006
    Great game! Great graphics. Realistic and changeling everything a real game wants!
  54. LarsA.
    May 23, 2006
    This game is an update of the older 1.6 counter strike. And it's basically CounterStrike 1.6, only better graphics:) Buy it!
  55. ChrisG.
    May 25, 2006
    This game is such an improvement over 1.6, the physics and graphics are much better than that of its predissesor. There are some new maps too which will keep you busy for hours.
  56. RasmusP.
    May 30, 2006
    One of the better firstperson shooters on the market... Exiting, a lot of players and most of all, excellent graphics and models!
  57. MichaelD.
    May 31, 2006
    This game is sick... Its no wonder why Counter Strike has been the #1 online first person shooter for teh past 5 years or so.
  58. PierreC.
    May 5, 2006
    Un jeu trop trop bien, auquel le tps de jeu fais une majeure partie de l'éxperience. a very good game, and the time of play is vey important to be the best.
  59. ZachB.
    May 6, 2006
    Great Game, Good Graphics, Low System Requirments. Only thing that sucks is the servers lag lately with the new updates.
  60. DanielDixey
    I love this game, so original and much better than 1.6
  61. BenR.
    May 6, 2006
    The best online multiplayer ever, no doubts or questions! The feel of it and the realism are nearly perfectly balanced and matches can become totally absorbing. I am addicted and even after many hours of playing it, you just can't get sick of it. Wow! The best game out atm.
  62. DrussWaylander
    May 6, 2006
    What is wrong with those companies? Have they ever actually played CSS? CSS is one of the greatest games of all time. Great graphics, great gameplay, endless possibilities with plug-ins, it has it all.
  63. -=[SK][JohnnyBravo]=-
    May 6, 2006
    CS:S is the best and most fantastic online-game I ve ever seen! Amazing gameplay, superb graphics! THE ONE AND ONLY!!!!! Nice regards to all CS:S gamers!!!!
  64. CsPlayer
    May 6, 2006
    it has lost the Cs feel....''but'' its a revolotion in Cs, Its like Half-Life2-CS and all ho has playd HL2dm knows that it has nice graffs so i think TRY THE GAME!
  65. WesleyyL.
    May 6, 2006
    I don't like you have to wait for a next round to begin if your dead... Just when you're warmed up you get out of your ritthim cuz of the waitin'
  66. Miron
    May 6, 2006
    i love this game counter strikes are the best shooters ever and always will be (i hope). the only thing that brings this game down is its limited capacity of online play. sometimes you shoot someone in the head and it doesnt kill em. this only happens a few times though so i cant complain. works like a dream with linkup though the game rocksm/(o_o)m/
  67. TimB.
    May 7, 2006
    Cs:s ist das beste game der verganngenheit und naher Zukunft. Cs:s ist das beste game das ich kenne und ich bin mir sicher das der nähste taktische ego-schooter auch von steam kommt und auch in der Zeit die herausragende Spitze sein wird. Steam macht weiter so !! .:|STEAM FOREVER|:.
  68. AndrewG.
    May 7, 2006
    The best multiplayer game ever made, and now made better. Go ValvE!
  69. Novi4ekNone
  70. Bor
    The Best Game!!!
  71. GergelyMolnár
    May 7, 2006
    Nice game, I love it, but that annoying hitbox problem should be fixed..It is funny to kill somebody while you shoot 3 meters behind him.
  72. EdwardJ>
    May 7, 2006
    this game is insane i bought it, played, then forced my friends to buy it and they love it aswell..what a great game.
  73. IllyC.
    May 8, 2006
    Brilliant game, easy to play and lots of action the second you log in. Great stuff.
  74. ErikF.
    May 8, 2006
    I think this is one of the most exciting multiplayer-games ever.
  75. WesleyV.
  76. Dave
    May 8, 2006
    this game is really great. and also i goes much further from cs 1.6 when u shoot in css you hit and dont have to do random stuff like in 1.6.
  77. LokiS.
    bester Strategieshooter ever.
  78. JulianK.
    May 9, 2006
    Great Game. Quite some differences to the old Counterstrike but that's what makes the game something special. The only thing I claim as "not perfect" ist on the one hand that valve gave to many opportunities for config-tuning and on the other hand the support from valve conceirning bugfixes and updates.
  79. Zawisza
    May 9, 2006
    Best tactical shooter out there, Great graphics, Sound and gameplay A game that will seporate the good from the bad!
  80. JoeK.
    Jun 10, 2006
  81. JoeK.
    Jun 1, 2006
  82. SteveL.
    I love this game.
  83. DominikE.
    Jun 2, 2006
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  84. JakeP.
    Jun 25, 2006
    Simply amazing. The maps actually look REAL now instead of massive corridoors. The physics are incredible and the gameplay is astounding. Best. Game. Ever.
  85. ManiF.
    Jun 2, 2006
    on my PC the newest cs-update has caused a bad game performance!
  86. MagnusL.
    Jun 2, 2006
    One of the best 3 online FPS game. It's a 10. Battelfield 2 is another one. Day of Defeat or Call of Duty 2 a third.
  87. Matt
    Jun 30, 2006
    wow, this was an amazing game. I bought half-life2 game of the year edition. I bought it because i wanted to play half-life2. But i was surprized by how good CSS was and have bever turned back.
  88. BrandonT.
    Jun 5, 2006
    I play this game frequently and never get bored with it. It's absolutely amazing.
  89. RobertB.
    Jun 7, 2006
    Absolutely terrible gameplay, very monotonous.
  90. MinhalH.
    Jul 3, 2006
    This is by far the best game on PC, or at least I thought so. I recommend it to everyone out there looking for an awesome game.
  91. JeremyB.
    Jul 4, 2006
    This game is fantastic. Anyone who thinks otherwise should learn what true good games are made of...
  92. CSS!RULES
    Aug 12, 2006
    This really is the best FPS ever! i love it! the surf maps are best! :P
  93. AidanC.
    Aug 25, 2006
    Very good game lots of action, Best online game i have played.
  94. bdog
    Aug 29, 2006
    CS source fuckin OWNZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gun game, aim shotty deagle 5 fy_battlefield, props to echo gamin server and 24/7 high times server love it . 20 out of 10 my vote blaze it
  95. Bukkarooo
    Aug 3, 2006
    This game is great. It's fun with some arcade-esque mod servers, but also has a good amount of realism. A lot of people play it, so finding a server isnt very hard. /if your computer can run it, I'd highly reccomend Counter Strike Source. If I had a complaint, its would be that you have to wait for a round to end to respawn, and rounds can tend to be excesively long, but the This game is great. It's fun with some arcade-esque mod servers, but also has a good amount of realism. A lot of people play it, so finding a server isnt very hard. /if your computer can run it, I'd highly reccomend Counter Strike Source. If I had a complaint, its would be that you have to wait for a round to end to respawn, and rounds can tend to be excesively long, but the time limit is a good fix for that. Expand
  96. KyleC.
    Aug 3, 2006
    This is the best online game i've ever played in my life!! Thanks Valve for making such a Brilliant online game!
  97. EvanG.
    Aug 4, 2006
    Great game once you get used to it. You just have to wait for the perfect time to shoot. There are several mods and extra maps available for download, such as the Zombie mod, which only allows headshots to count. This is the best game online, at the moment, IMO.
  98. DaveNun-Ya
    Aug 7, 2006
    This game is an all around great game. The original CS was great and this is an upgraded form ! This is a top 5 pick for FPS gamers. Great Job Valve !
  99. SimonH.
    Sep 1, 2006
    Fantastically addictive game, excellent gameplay, highly recommended, truly a masterpiece.
  100. CarlosJ.
    Sep 1, 2006
    Addictive, visually stunning, and amzing teamwork, CSS has it all. You may get annoyed at the "haxors" or the "1337 pwners" out there, but you'll always come back for more.

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.