7.6

1. Dec 8, 2013
    Being a forum member myself, I long awaited this DLC, mainly because of jews and to see how Paradox would flesh out christianity and islamism.
    Needless to say I was disappointed: besides not having any oriental jews (the mizrachim), with their exilarchy, a political-religious entity who fought the sunni Caliph, the jews themselves doesn't have any inherent mechanics wich makes them different from christianity, they can create a titular kingdom, restore a priesthood- something ahistorical to judaism, more right would be restore the sanhedrin- and thats it. In other aspects they are just christians without features and with a different animation for the chaplain. "What mechanics would you give to jews, then?" would you ask. If you go to Paradox forums and read the numerous threads about jews you can see plenty of interesting, subtle and coherent mechanics, some of them even related to the learning stat.
    Other disappointments: seeing how broken and random all that stuff about cardinals and anti-popes are, how often the Joan D'arc event would span, how decadence (more exactly, how the ai deal with decadence) wasn't touched at all, and how orthodoxy, nestorianism and others eastern faiths were left behind, with no change to the creation of its patriarchal heads.

But the worse thing in my opinion was the change that the patch brought with it. I love Crusader Kings, it's one of the games I most spent hours in my life, and I don't feel that limiting the roleplay of it- the best aspect in my opinion- is the best way of dealing with gamey tactics such as kingdoms entirely made of mayors or grand-bishoprics.

But of course, it feels an important and overlooked portion of the game and it was very necessary. As PDS games are works in progress I'm sure they fix and improve things.

1. Dec 16, 2013
    It never quite feels like you get as much bang for your buck as previous expansions.
  2. Dec 13, 2013
    Sons of Abraham integrates into the original game so seamlessly that it feels like it has always been there.
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    It’s not a must-have purchase, but if you’ve dreamt of a Crusader Kings II scenario in which a devil-possessed ruler might have a chance to pick their own Pope, then this is the DLC for you.