Crysis 2 PC

6.8

1. Nov 12, 2013
    I got it from the Humble Bundle pack, so I didn't pay much for it, but it's a decent game, with an interesting story that kept me playing for several days, although when you read into it a bit more, you will realize just how mentally screwed up the story developer must have been. I'm a bit disappointed, as it didn't have the same "spec-ops military" feel that Crysis and Crysis Warhead had.I got it from the Humble Bundle pack, so I didn't pay much for it, but it's a decent game, with an interesting story that kept me playing for several days, although when you read into it a bit more, you will realize just how mentally screwed up the story developer must have been. I'm a bit disappointed, as it didn't have the same "spec-ops military" feel that Crysis and Crysis Warhead had.

Probably the biggest reason my rating is only a six is due to the lack of thought they put into the multiplayer. It highly likens to Call of Duty multiplayer tactics, only with the cheap revised nano-suit 2.0 abilities added in. (If you haven't noticed, i'm not a fan of general FPS games, i'm a hardcore military sim lover, like Arma II)

I think it's worth getting if your a single player fan, but if you want another version of Call of Duty, here it is.
  2. Feb 11, 2012
    OK seriously i was expecting something like the return to lingshan or something like that, but really new york if crysis 3 is like this then this series is screwed ok the fist one and warhead where amazing 2 was good but nothing compared to the original also the aliens are completely different wtf is that ok seriously crytek......
  3. Feb 26, 2013
    EA claims that Nanosuit vs. Aliens and PMC is the sequel of the legendary Crysis 1. We need a reboot now! Ofcourse without EA! Crytek please read this and start thinking about your future! Do you want to be a generic FPS mill? Get out of EA while people still care about your games!
  4. Dec 7, 2014
    Crysis 2 is a mediocre game. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 7/10 - excellent, though could be further optimized
    2. Gameplay: 7/10 - great controls and satisfying gameplay with good sound effects
    3. Story: 2/10 - not interesting at all, does not engage audience

Overall, average game.
  5. Oct 20, 2013
    A solid FPS which Graphically strong but lacks any real intuitive game play as well as something different. Worth playing if you enjoyed the first and still a solid experience.
  6. Jan 11, 2013
    Users blames the game for it's poor graph and lack of intresting story. Well they are right. It looks like a potent child who met some street kids and lost his purpose. In a current state it is not a shooter and not a casual browser game but hey 4 of 10? Are you serious? Developers tried at least to give you some feel of real action - motion blur, ironsight, withered colors... They reallyUsers blames the game for it's poor graph and lack of intresting story. Well they are right. It looks like a potent child who met some street kids and lost his purpose. In a current state it is not a shooter and not a casual browser game but hey 4 of 10? Are you serious? Developers tried at least to give you some feel of real action - motion blur, ironsight, withered colors... They really was about to give you some good experience.

In other hand AI worse than specops's from Half-life and most of the game may be done without a single suit upgrade. The plot is pure **** and there a lot of bugs... Yeah this game is a lost child so let's hope next time developers get more luck.
  7. Jan 28, 2013
    A good sequel. However I'm not really thrilled about the amount of urban warfare. It gets old playing in rubble hours after hours. But my biggest issue is with the saving system. Saving checkpoints suck. Especially after you've been working in an area for 10 minutes and get blown away. I'd like to start back up where I died, not at the beginning of the level. Characters are not exciting.A good sequel. However I'm not really thrilled about the amount of urban warfare. It gets old playing in rubble hours after hours. But my biggest issue is with the saving system. Saving checkpoints suck. Especially after you've been working in an area for 10 minutes and get blown away. I'd like to start back up where I died, not at the beginning of the level. Characters are not exciting. You are constantly moving around NY like a rat following the radio messages of people you don't see or know. Haven't found any bugs. But it doesn't feel like the first time I played Crysis 1 Expand
  8. Aug 18, 2017
    Crysis 2 is an underrated shooter. Although critics rightly applauded it, overzealous Crysis fans deserted it. Why? Fans view the original Crysis as an open world, photo realistic masterpiece while accusing the sequel of being console drivel. Their loss. C2 addressed many of the flaws in the original while making the series accessible to a broad audience. I replayed C2 after recentlyCrysis 2 is an underrated shooter. Although critics rightly applauded it, overzealous Crysis fans deserted it. Why? Fans view the original Crysis as an open world, photo realistic masterpiece while accusing the sequel of being console drivel. Their loss. C2 addressed many of the flaws in the original while making the series accessible to a broad audience. I replayed C2 after recently experiencing the abomination that is Killzone Shadow Fall. Despite being 6 ½ years old, C2 holds up remarkably well. Visuals are stunning. Combat is fluid and satisfying. I remember purchasing it at launch for the 360 on a whim. I was blown away then, and I still enjoy it today.

C2 looks fantastic. The original Crysis has inconsistent visual quality. Jungle foliage looks awesome, but indoor environments, lowlight scenarios, and manmade structures are rendered with flat, basic textures. Most Crysis fans ignore that. On the other hand, C2 presents consistent visual fidelity throughout the game. With everything cranked up to maximum at 1080p resolution, my system pushed out 60fps (max allowable on my TV) with occasional dips as new assets are loaded. C2 isn’t perfect, and minor hiccups will rear their ugly heads from time to time. But these don’t detract from the overall experience.

Although people rave about the graphics, I’d argue that combat is C2’s best asset. C2 maintains an appropriate balance between enhanced mobility and boots-on-the-ground gameplay. Most current shooters have gone completely overboard with wall running and jetpacks—and gamers have rightly rejected that nonsense. The nanosuit only augments gameplay by granting tactical advantages, like temporary bursts of invincibility or a cloak to sidestep danger. But that’s all. The protagonist is indeed a supersoldier, but he’s still bound by physics. That layer of realism increases the challenge. If players put the hero in harm’s way, he’ll get torn apart. The nanosuit has an energy bar that must be carefully managed. If it drains completely, the hero is in trouble. Thankfully the bar refills quickly, so there’s no prolonged breaks in the action. Levels are designed so multiple approaches can be used to clear areas. Players can rush in with shotguns, sneakily pop headshots with rifles, or avoid enemies completely in some cases. Sadly, this openness still isn’t common with triple-A shooters.

On the hardest difficulties—I recommend everyone play on the hardest 2 difficulties—properly managing suit energy is crucial. C2 handles that well without feeling cumbersome. Unlike its predecessor C2’s controls are streamlined, so toggling between abilities is effortless. The biggest drawback is the enemy AI. It’s dumb at easy and normal difficulties. However, increasing the difficulty boosts enemy awareness and aggression without increasing their health. So mistakes are punished without ever seeming unfair.

Of course, C2 isn’t perfect. First, the story begins with some incredible set pieces and one bad@&& intro movie. But the story unravels towards the end and the final boss fight kinda sucks. However, for a sci-fi shooter nothing ever gets too cheesy and the overall pacing is brisk.

Next, character animations are janky at times. Facial expressions are second-rate compared to C2’s visual glory. Grabbing mounted HMG’s causes glitches.

Lastly, some battles occur in arenas that are a tad small. I blame that on console limitations. I don’t mind that C2 isn’t open world, I just wish some environments were improved for the PC port.

On PC, the multiplayer is officially dead. I thought C2’s multiplayer was excellent at launch. But C2 had the misfortunate of competing against its glorified predecessor and the COD franchise at its peak. Plus, EA tends to dump on its franchises. C2’s multiplayer contained technical limitations EA was unwilling to fix. And then EA pulled the plug a mere 3 years after launch. Nowadays, exosuits and nanothingies are all the rage. However 6+ years ago, those were a novelty. EA and Crytek wasted a golden opportunity by not polishing up that multiplayer.

Crysis fans are a salty bunch. They argue C2 was purposely watered down for console peasants. I disagree with this. Yes C2 is a fairly linear game, but it’s better than the original in most aspects. And compared to shooters I’ve played on my new PS4, C2’s is enjoyable without overstaying its welcome. I can’t fault Crytek for reaching out to a new market, especially since they improved the core elements of the series. C2 is different than the original, that doesn’t make it bad by default. Countless developers were inspired by the Crysis franchise. So it’s sad Crysis never gained mainstream popularity among gamers. Sure it sold well, but the hoopla quickly fizzled out. When it goes on sale, Crysis 2 is a must buy. The campaign is still enjoyable and gameplay is solid. Too bad about the multiplayer.
  9. Nov 3, 2013
    Although painfully uncreative, this game is pretty enjoyable. The graphics are superb and the gameplay is exactly what you would expect. Well, that's the problem. This game does NOT surprise in any way, shape or form. The story is full of overused clichés. I am so tired of high-budget games with this immense lack of creativity. After you finish this game you will feel like you've alreadyAlthough painfully uncreative, this game is pretty enjoyable. The graphics are superb and the gameplay is exactly what you would expect. Well, that's the problem. This game does NOT surprise in any way, shape or form. The story is full of overused clichés. I am so tired of high-budget games with this immense lack of creativity. After you finish this game you will feel like you've already played it a bunch of times. Because you have. Expand
  10. Mar 10, 2013
    Crysis 2 is not a terrible game but it is underwhelming. My main gripe with the first game was that it wasn't open enough to really show off the impressive graphics. The second game is while not linear much less open than the original. And the game is also restricted to a city that really doesn't do the graphics engine justice. The story is also not as good as I would've wanted it to beCrysis 2 is not a terrible game but it is underwhelming. My main gripe with the first game was that it wasn't open enough to really show off the impressive graphics. The second game is while not linear much less open than the original. And the game is also restricted to a city that really doesn't do the graphics engine justice. The story is also not as good as I would've wanted it to be it's not very original and never manages to build any real momentum. Probably the biggest disappointment for me is the suit-powers. There are only two now and they do not provide any strategical variety.
    The multi-player is a step-up but not very good either. It rips off other games and doesn't do anything new. The number of weapons availble is staggeringly low and they mostly feel the same. The balancing is abysmal and connection problems ruin a lot of what can be relatively fun.
  11. May 9, 2013
    Despite all of its flaws and the lack of graphical improvements over the original Crysis, I rather enjoyed Crysis 2. Nothing amazing or unforgettable, just a very decent game that I would definitely recommend picking up in a steam sale.
  12. Mar 17, 2014
    Mostly meh. Game is definitely worse than first part. Plot is so twisted so I believe even plot writers was confused with it. And how in the world you could ruin perfect water from Crysis1 ????
  13. Rem
    Jan 23, 2015
    Crysis 2 in many forms and respects, feels more fun to look at rather than play. This is certainly among the most stunning games I have played in a very long time and its in thanks to no small part to how the game basks in the light rather than darkness of other graphical darlings like Gears of War. However, this to some extent translates int o pretty confusing gameplay. Things areCrysis 2 in many forms and respects, feels more fun to look at rather than play. This is certainly among the most stunning games I have played in a very long time and its in thanks to no small part to how the game basks in the light rather than darkness of other graphical darlings like Gears of War. However, this to some extent translates int o pretty confusing gameplay. Things are constantly exploding and the game to a point has TOO much graphical flare which distracts what would have otherwise been a good shooter with the implementation of the nano suit. The sandbox style of the levels provide for a level of verticality that the Crysis series needed. Even then after all that, the story while at first seems muddled in corporations, trans-humanism, and an alien invasion, picks up somewhat toward the end but the ending is a bummer. Crysis 2 is a graphical benchmark that at some points is really fun to play, but outside of that, there isn't much else. Expand
  14. Aug 19, 2013
    Where Crysis 1 was a near unplayable, bug-and-glitch-riddled flop filled with moronic AI and cheap voice acting, this sequel does an amazing job of picking up the pieces and creating something worthwhile. There are still some lingering quirks and ticks that keep it from being a truly great game, but I actually was able to enjoy a few hours of play without having to smash my face into myWhere Crysis 1 was a near unplayable, bug-and-glitch-riddled flop filled with moronic AI and cheap voice acting, this sequel does an amazing job of picking up the pieces and creating something worthwhile. There are still some lingering quirks and ticks that keep it from being a truly great game, but I actually was able to enjoy a few hours of play without having to smash my face into my desk out of frustration. Unfortunately I was never able to finish the original (due to aforementioned bugs and glitches), so it's impossible for me to comment on the story since I had absolutely no idea what was going on half the time. I mean sure, you don't really need a lot of context for killing aliens, but it would have been nice to have some sort of personal references and tie-ins to the overall plot. Being said, the combat is fun with only a couple useless weapons, and I'm a huge fan of the streamlined Suit mechanics and customization. Enemy AI seems to have finally graduated elementary school, and actually provides a working challenge beyond cheap deaths and running in circles. Voice acting has also improved by leaps and bounds, although a lot of the actual dialogue ended up feeling over-the-top and needlessly dramatic. Sadly, for all that was done to fix the series, there isn't much to actually make it feel very special. Combat and gameplay is fun, but that's pretty much were the bill stops. Just fun. Nothing particularly awe-inspiring, and no moments that really stuck with me after the credits rolled. Ultimately, Crysis 2 is a solid shooter, and there are much worse ways to spend a rainy weekend, but if you're wanting something more involved, I suggest looking elsewhere. Expand
  15. Jul 29, 2013
    I found Crysis 2 to be surprisingly linear, repetitive, boring. The middle part is basically killing the same two or three types of enemies over and over again for around six hours, without any variation in gameplay. It is by no means a match to its prequel, the much more enjoyable Crysis. Though it may have excellent graphics and good game mechanics, Crysis 2 suffers from rather dullI found Crysis 2 to be surprisingly linear, repetitive, boring. The middle part is basically killing the same two or three types of enemies over and over again for around six hours, without any variation in gameplay. It is by no means a match to its prequel, the much more enjoyable Crysis. Though it may have excellent graphics and good game mechanics, Crysis 2 suffers from rather dull gameplay, and a near to non existent story. Overall a disappointment for me. Expand
  16. Nov 3, 2016
    Great shooter with a good mix of linear action sequences and stealth mechanics. Too bad that the forgettable storyline and casual console gameplay are keeping this game from being anything more than average.
  17. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 59/100
    Mein User Score = 6/10
  18. Oct 26, 2011
    I am so disappointed by the step down in quality and gameplay this game is from Crysis. Freedom? Gone. Tackling objectives in your way? Gone. Bullet physics are reminiscent of Call of Duty (i.e. no recoil), the game is now particularly linear (console limitations?) story is mediocre at best with cardboard characters and limited enemy variety. Couple with abysmal AI (Artificial Wut?), badlyI am so disappointed by the step down in quality and gameplay this game is from Crysis. Freedom? Gone. Tackling objectives in your way? Gone. Bullet physics are reminiscent of Call of Duty (i.e. no recoil), the game is now particularly linear (console limitations?) story is mediocre at best with cardboard characters and limited enemy variety. Couple with abysmal AI (Artificial Wut?), badly designed maps and horribly executed missions and you have a run-of-the-mill shooter with cloak tacked on. It lacks the freedom and creativity present in its predecessor. this is probably one of the most blatant ports I have ever seen and has been streamlined to basic Call of Duty simplicity. This is not the end Crysis deserved. Graphics don't make a game, gameplay does, and in this respect it is good and enjoyable. However it's replay-ability is lacking due to linear level design and the MP is just meh after a few hours. Collapse

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.