6.8

1. May 12, 2011
    I enjoyed Crysis 2 immensely. Despite being extremely disappointed with the plot (which manages to be both slightly confusing and mind-numbingly uncomplicated at the same time), the overall experience won me over - the gameplay is a solid improvement over the original (I can understand a difference of opinion here, though - it's definitely more geared toward console play than the originalI enjoyed Crysis 2 immensely. Despite being extremely disappointed with the plot (which manages to be both slightly confusing and mind-numbingly uncomplicated at the same time), the overall experience won me over - the gameplay is a solid improvement over the original (I can understand a difference of opinion here, though - it's definitely more geared toward console play than the original and may seem dumbed down to some), the graphics are still stellar, and the devastation Crytek has depicted in New York is quite gripping (primarily due to the visuals and excellent sound track; the plot behind this is quite over the top). The voice acting is also quite good, even if the characters presented here are rather uninteresting and under-developed.

Multiplayer is absolutely amazing. The Nanosuit 2.0 is a blast to wield against other PCs - it's extremely balanced and skill intensive. The new movement tricks are extremely fun to toy with as well - I've rarely enjoyed myself more while playing a video game.

All positive points aside, the plot and characters really are a disappointment. If Crytek would put just a bit more into their writing process they'd be sure to achieve that genre-defining game they keep shooting for and just missing .
  2. May 12, 2011
    eww this was just gross i found it ridiculous that you can't prone at all and the game is meant to be based on stealth and tactics. i was so looking forward to this until all the good stuff from the first one was taken out :'(
  3. May 11, 2011
    An average shooter - not even close to orignal Crysis.

Graphics are nice and certainly not as hardware hungry as with original Crysis. I used the same rig as for the original game and it ran C2 on full settings no problem. This is where the good stuff ends though. In original Crysis it felt like you could explore the whole island and go anywhere. While you were gently guided towards
    An average shooter - not even close to orignal Crysis.

This is where the good stuff ends though.

In original Crysis it felt like you could explore the whole island and go anywhere. While you were gently guided towards your objectives it didn't feel like you were locked in the corridor as it does in C2. Secondly you are only limited to carrying 2 generic weapons at a time which greatly limits the gameplay as you have to forgo picking up weapons that are only useful sometimes. Personally I don't care about realism if it takes away from the gameplay.

The story is extremely weak. So is the ending. There are no epic boss battles.

Overall I'd rate the game as only marginally tolerable
  4. May 11, 2011
    Here is a game that really dishes it up - but doesn't deliver any depth (just my opinion). Its a good shooter. The enemies display adequte AI. But there is not a great variety of enemies....and the amazing landscapes don't really add any great deapth or interactiveness to this first person shooter.
  5. May 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hi guys this is game very good in graphics and fps (very important because crysis 1 very slowly) Pc version the best Ps 3 and xbox have low fps 30 then pc 60-100 Im the best gamer of great Russia better then gozon671games and maddyson My deggre 9.0 Im the best gamer of Russia better then ozon671games and maddyson Expand
  6. May 8, 2011
    Started out great...but after doing the same gameplay loops over and over it turned into pretty repetitive and lost a lot of the interesting story elements if any. A lot of things were missing from this game, but without adding spoilers I will keep it simple. Overall its a fun game at best but feels forgettable by the end.
  7. May 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought this game was good yet it just was not quite up to what I thought the second Crysis would be. this game had been long anticipated and though it is a decent game with very good graphics personally I think the game was very shot and was quite buggy. Expand
  8. May 1, 2011
    May be it is not the level of CoD and far away from the best shooter of the present time but I really like it. Nice game design, but simple gameplay and story.
    So my score is 7 for the good view.
  9. May 1, 2011
    Another console port, and a bad one at that. I mean, just compare it to the first game. It is an absolute abomination. These developers need to stop making poor multi-platform ports. What is the point? Avoid this game, it;s not worth the cash.
  10. Apr 29, 2011
    Great game. Not quite what the original was for me but Crysis 2 does enough right and differently from the first game to carve out its out identity. Buy it!
  11. Apr 27, 2011
    Crysis 2.

For those who are looking to benchmark their graphics go somewhere else this game is no longer for that purpose. Also the consolisation is apparent with more linear maps and landscape. But it is not all bad. The plot is OK the pacing is good. On the downside the stealth aproach is way too good you can pretty much breeze through everything with it. On the multiplayer side it is
    Crysis 2.

But it is not all bad. The plot is OK the pacing is good.

On the multiplayer side it is enjoyable , but nothing really new under the sun and with the few and allready well seen gameplay modes it offers theres not really that much to get from MP.

If you enjoy an rather good Sci-Fi action check crysis 2 out if you get it for a bargain.
  12. Apr 25, 2011
    This is definitely a different game than Crysis. Completely different environment and different game play. This makes it its own game and while not reaching the same level as Crysis, it does provide for a good sequel. The story starts off a bit slow but really gets going as you get farther along.
  13. Apr 25, 2011
    The game is good. The single player was engaging, though had a terrible story and voice acting.
    However, multiplayer is where the focus is on the game- and also its biggest failing point. The spawn system is just awful. I spawned literally right in front of an enemy multiple times in a row. The gameplay is clunky and hardly anyone has a positive kill/death ratio in an average match. The stealth is just useless as anyone can pick you out, and the armor mode is the go-to mode. The shotguns are a bit too powerful, SMGs are overpowered, assault rifles dominate, LMGs grant to good of movement speed, and sniper rifles are terrible. Typical modern multiplayer game. It takes absolute ages to rank up, and it's just not satisfying, and generally not worth it past rank 15 or so.

(simply) Good singleplayer plus a terrible multiplayer = one wad of wasted cash.
  14. Apr 25, 2011
    Just enough here to disappoint, the Cryengine 3 makes a magnificent and much optimized return, people will actually be able to play this with real computers now, and while this change was obviously, at least in part, a concession to console gaming it is of great benefit to PC gamers as well. A shift to linear level design has allowed the devs to focus on polishing more set-pieces at fewerJust enough here to disappoint, the Cryengine 3 makes a magnificent and much optimized return, people will actually be able to play this with real computers now, and while this change was obviously, at least in part, a concession to console gaming it is of great benefit to PC gamers as well. A shift to linear level design has allowed the devs to focus on polishing more set-pieces at fewer points and this attention to detail shows. While Crysis 1 was grand but forgettable Crysis 2 has a number of moments which will be easily memorable by the time Crysis 3 is rolling out.

Game play is essentially just different, whether it is better or worse will boil down to matters of opinion.

The real let down is the story, anyone who caught the ad campaign knew this was a focus for Crytek this time out. The hiring of Richard Morgan as well as a stated focus on the human tragedy of a city-wide plague left some of us hopeful that Crytek might actually deliver a well rounded game for once. This has not been the case.

The characters are all completely forgettable, none of them are sympathetic or interesting, even the demi-villain inspires only vague apathy and distaste, when the desired result was so obviously intended to be utter revulsion and hatred. Plot points are delivered through endless exposition instead of game play, your character is endlessly incapacitated and rendered on the verge of death in cutscenes (to the point that it loses all impact), and, perhaps most damningly, despite its numerous intricacies and minutiae the whole of the plot could easily be summed up in a sentence and a half.

And then, inevitably, because the story doesn't gel everything else just sort of falls apart. You never really care about what you're doing so none of it is ever as entertaining as it could have been. Points for being gorgeous and for trying but this is still not t a good game.
  15. Apr 25, 2011
    Crysis 2 gameplay isn't nearly as action packed as the original title. Enemies are spread few and far between and dispute Crytek's claims the level design in Crysis 2 isn't anywhere as near open as its predecessor. Every map is filled with invisible gates which keep the player locked to a specified path. The player is provided with a few tunnels, i.e. subway gates, sewers, to navigateCrysis 2 gameplay isn't nearly as action packed as the original title. Enemies are spread few and far between and dispute Crytek's claims the level design in Crysis 2 isn't anywhere as near open as its predecessor. Every map is filled with invisible gates which keep the player locked to a specified path. The player is provided with a few tunnels, i.e. subway gates, sewers, to navigate around obstacles and I suppose that's what they mean by "non-linear". Graphically, there's stunning set pieces which will keep FPS fans happy, but the action is slowed down and paced for console gamers which gives evidence that the PC version is simple a port. Expand
  16. Apr 24, 2011
    Its an okay game.

Gunplay is pretty okay, powers are restricted in a bad way, weapons all feel similar. Less freedom in the environment, enemy AI is lacklustre, story is highly generic. I can't really see what they're going for game play whys, its got very little distinction. Multiplayer just flat out doesn't work for me, due to a still persisting login error. While the graphics are
    Its an okay game.

I can't really see what they're going for game play whys, its got very little distinction. Multiplayer just flat out doesn't work for me, due to a still persisting login error. While the graphics are nice, they're not as impressive as the first and don't really seem to push the limits. Disappointing and uninspired.
  17. Apr 24, 2011
    Like many of my fellow games we are impressed with the graphics on this game is very impressive. The color, physics and texture enhances the visual feel of New York. The story line is the basic one man show fighting two adversaries while trying to meet mission objective. For a moment I felt like I was in Battle LA, so creativity for the story line I give an average. Now on to the problemsLike many of my fellow games we are impressed with the graphics on this game is very impressive. The color, physics and texture enhances the visual feel of New York. The story line is the basic one man show fighting two adversaries while trying to meet mission objective. For a moment I felt like I was in Battle LA, so creativity for the story line I give an average. Now on to the problems and there are many. this game need a lot of work as did Black Ops. It seems many of the gaming companies out there are only focused on console structure and by the time they get around to working the PC portion the game as already be distributed. Then the suffering begins!!!! I've experience crashes and freezing which has killed my experience immensely. Still to this day its a finger pointing game between the gaming company, window and hardware vendors. Regardless if a company has to push countless patches to fix their issues then research was obviously not conducted. My review is going to be low until I can get a product that allow me to enjoy it in it's entirety. Expand
  18. Apr 24, 2011
    Rarely has a game disappointed as much as this one. I own a beast of a machine built to run the most advanced of games to the max. Crysis 2 is simply unplayable without dumbing the graphics down due to the bugs in V-Sync and Crossfire and the lack of graphics customization. Whoever made THAT decision is a fool of the highest order and should lose his/her job because they are clearlyRarely has a game disappointed as much as this one. I own a beast of a machine built to run the most advanced of games to the max. Crysis 2 is simply unplayable without dumbing the graphics down due to the bugs in V-Sync and Crossfire and the lack of graphics customization. Whoever made THAT decision is a fool of the highest order and should lose his/her job because they are clearly missing too many chromosomes to attain even marginal success with decision making. After that, it is hardly worth me continuing. I couldn't even finish this single player disaster. Wait for the bargain bin and then install it at your own risk.

Consoles are ruining the world. Hyperbole helps get the point across. So, so disappointed!
  19. Apr 23, 2011
    All I can say it that Crytek lowered Crysis's standards for higher profit...
    Worst textures & a story that no longer makes me care what happen & They just took call of duty & halo gameplay & called it crysis 2 multiplayer!

It's a call of duty/halo game aimed at 360 owners specifically! not a crysis game.. oh well battlefield 3 will do!
  20. Apr 23, 2011
    This is a game that could have been much more than it was - but is still good.
    Pros:
    Beautiful graphics, excellent level design, good difficulty curve Cons: WTF did i just finish this game in 4 hours? WTF?! The ranged SCAR is so much better than the other weapons, there is no need to use them. The nanosuit powers are totally useless - i used only the first of each of the categories, and
    This is a game that could have been much more than it was - but is still good.
    Pros:
    Beautiful graphics, excellent level design, good difficulty curve
    Cons:
    WTF did i just finish this game in 4 hours? WTF?!
    The nanosuit powers are totally useless - i used only the first of each of the categories, and was fine.
    Obviously this is another EA game that they rushed out the door, instead of letting the developers design more levels. Pretty sad, because if this game was about 4x as long, and had more variety it would be amazing.
  21. Apr 23, 2011
    I don't care about anyone that hates this game, they are daft, this is a awesome game; if you hate it, than you are, just not smart, and this game will just kill you with awesomeness.
  22. Apr 23, 2011
    Graphics is good and the mission game-play is very good. Multi-player is much more welcoming than the current fps games that are out this days (note no better fps MP game after mw , mw2 ) MP play style looks like a clone of cod but much better than codbo, bbc2, moh and so on.
  23. Apr 23, 2011
    Crysis 2, a game i've waited for a long time, and sure as hell i'm not disappointed. The campaign finally breaks away from the routine "Forest - Forest - Village -Forest - Forest - Village - Another village", ok, you can take "Forest" and "Village" and replace it with "City" and "Building", but it's different, as a forest is just a grassy plain with trees everywhere, when a city hasCrysis 2, a game i've waited for a long time, and sure as hell i'm not disappointed. The campaign finally breaks away from the routine "Forest - Forest - Village -Forest - Forest - Village - Another village", ok, you can take "Forest" and "Village" and replace it with "City" and "Building", but it's different, as a forest is just a grassy plain with trees everywhere, when a city has different kind of architecture, buildings, damage etc.
    The game's longer than average and the Suit is way more effective than the one in Crysis 1, Armor is finally worth using and you don't need to spend a few second switching to "Strenght" just to grab an enemy.
    The multiplayer was a disappointment though. I don't call "CoD clone" every online shooter i don't like, and I do like CoD myself. But this IS a CoD clone. And if I want to play CoD, I'd rather play the real CoD.
    Oh, and the graphics are awesome as expected.
  24. Apr 23, 2011
    Utterly disappointing and boring - doing dishes is more fun than this. Has definitely taken a step back from the original in all aspects. But then, it doesn't really feel like a Crysis-game. The nanosuit has been copied and they've made a terrible and flawed game based on it's use. The game may render faster on old hardware than the original Crysis, but it's only thanks to worse qualityUtterly disappointing and boring - doing dishes is more fun than this. Has definitely taken a step back from the original in all aspects. But then, it doesn't really feel like a Crysis-game. The nanosuit has been copied and they've made a terrible and flawed game based on it's use. The game may render faster on old hardware than the original Crysis, but it's only thanks to worse quality and less complexity. I just don't understand how people can find this "unique", "engaging", "wonderful storyline" - it's just the opposite. And if not dumbed down any more for consoles, save system is check-point-only - so forget openness. Expand
  25. Apr 22, 2011
    Obviously, Crysis 2 comes no where near the original game with graphics, game-play or re-playabilty. It's what happens when you take a PC game and put it on consoles, I'm sure everyone rating this game for the PC can agree with that. The levels were tiny, so linear that a majority of the game I was walking in a straight line with few parts that opened up into arena type areas that I stillObviously, Crysis 2 comes no where near the original game with graphics, game-play or re-playabilty. It's what happens when you take a PC game and put it on consoles, I'm sure everyone rating this game for the PC can agree with that. The levels were tiny, so linear that a majority of the game I was walking in a straight line with few parts that opened up into arena type areas that I still could barely explore. The lack of different types of enemies was repetitive and by the end of the game I was able to defeat even the hardest monsters with a couple of C4 in a matter of seconds. As with the first Crysis the sounds were very well done, the guns in particular sounded amazing. The new environment, taking in place in New York city, was a nice change. I feel like the game could have been so much more if they were able to utilize the open world in New York like they did in Crysis. Being a Crysis title, it already adds more to the typical FPS genre game because of the nanosuit. It provides different ways to play the game and adds a little more flexibility to an otherwise very linear game. I also liked the changes that were made to the nanosuit, having to activate maximum armor added another degree of hardness to the game. The sprinting was disappointing though, its like a normal person sprinting. The last thing I would say is: don't be put off by how linear this game is. It's still an enjoyable experience with great graphics(not as good as the original, I know) and fun gameplay. The story ties together pretty nicely too. Expand
  26. Apr 21, 2011
    I don't like the game because it is primitive shooter, it doesn't provide any interesting features like Crysis 1 did, there is no fun to shoot very stupid enemies in corridors or small limited yards among bad textures.
  27. Apr 21, 2011
    It's a very dumbed down console-port shooter. Graphics even on high can't compete with the first game and its stand-alone expansion Warhead. It obviously runs better because of the lower quality, but this is not an improvement, it's quite shameful. There is no sense of exploration, no sense of freedom of tactics either since the game tells you which way to go, literally. The history isIt's a very dumbed down console-port shooter. Graphics even on high can't compete with the first game and its stand-alone expansion Warhead. It obviously runs better because of the lower quality, but this is not an improvement, it's quite shameful. There is no sense of exploration, no sense of freedom of tactics either since the game tells you which way to go, literally. The history is abyssal, it doesn't continue the first crysis game and it's a huge letdown in terms of originality and overall progression of the game series. Worse part is that it is a blatant console port, starting by the main menu with the typical "press enter to continue" From there, gameplay is hardly comfortable (which screams about poor quality testing) and it's often boring with a very stupid AI and the lack of originality in every single level. Expand
  28. Apr 21, 2011
    Many PC Gamers have utterly missed the point about Crysis 2. What this game has shown is, few have taken into account. For example, while it does run on DirectX 9, it does so beautifully. Crysis 2 shows PC gamers that DirectX 9 is still way under utilized and still has potential in gaming today. Check any specs when running a game with DirectX 10 and you will see that it runs at a lowerMany PC Gamers have utterly missed the point about Crysis 2. What this game has shown is, few have taken into account. For example, while it does run on DirectX 9, it does so beautifully. Crysis 2 shows PC gamers that DirectX 9 is still way under utilized and still has potential in gaming today. Check any specs when running a game with DirectX 10 and you will see that it runs at a lower fps than DirectX 9 or DirectX 11. Crysis 1 used ether DirectX 9 or 10. However, the lighting, water effects, and shading that Crysis 2 accomplishes with DirectX 9 is simply astounding and reveals a fundamental flaw with PC game developers. Rushing to use a new technology, such as DirectX 10 and 11, often keeps developers from pushing the limits of previous technology. My second comment is about the graphics. I ran both Crysis 1 and 2 on Very High. While some of the scenery textures in Crysis 1 were more noticeable, this was due to it being completely jungle warfare. Of course gamers will notice a difference in graphics when everything is plant life. However, in the city, I have noticed very little to compare, texturally speaking, to the original. The city buildings and characters in the game are wonderfully textured. I feel that Crysis 2 is smoother and utilizes the hardware much better than the original. The textures seem to impact the fps far less than Crysis 1. And, anyone who doesn't notice that the suit looks 10x better than it did in Crysis 1, needs to look again. The volumetric smoke is so realistic, I watched a car burning for several minutes.

As far as linear versus sandbox play, I will say that gamers are missing the point again. This is urban combat and options are limited compared to fighting in the jungle or on an island. The simple reasoning is, you are in a symbiotic suit. It is directing you rather than you controlling it, as you did in Crysis 1. Also, it is up to you how to approach each situation. Do you take the soldiers out one by one stealthily or do you wage open combat with all at once? Do you take a shortcut through the stores, or do you take the walkway above? The suit shows you the best route to go, often recalculating for some obstacle. It is a beautiful combination of symbiosis and free will.

Overall, I did not buy this game outright until a few weeks after release. This is because I was discouraged by the reviews. However, I really feel the bigger picture is being missed.

1) DirectX 9 has potential and was never pushed to its limits, until now.
    2) Island terrain will never compare, texture-wise, to urban terrain.
    3) Sandbox-jungle warfare is far different than semi-linear urban combat.
    4) Developers are not pushing current technology enough without skipping right to next-gen, often leaving behind some of the greatest potential in gaming and resource utilization.

I give it a 10. I just wish they would have done this with Crysis 1. Which I now play on DirectX 9 and find it, still, quite amazing.
  29. Apr 21, 2011
    Not bad. The graphics still look pretty crisp and New York city looks pretty lively if it weren't razed by the next extraterrestrial. The game delivers sci-fi as it was intended and the story, while nothing spectacular, was still engaging enough that I managed to plow through the game from start to finish. Don't expect the game to be revolutionary, however. The game is much moreNot bad. The graphics still look pretty crisp and New York city looks pretty lively if it weren't razed by the next extraterrestrial. The game delivers sci-fi as it was intended and the story, while nothing spectacular, was still engaging enough that I managed to plow through the game from start to finish. Don't expect the game to be revolutionary, however. The game is much more claustrophobic, and lacks the degree of freedom that it did in the original Crysis. The fluidity of your nanosuit, while carrying most of the same abilities as the original, feels a bit sluggish, almost as if your playing robocop instead of some swift harbinger of death. The aliens in the game also seem quite different from what you encountered in the first game. Finally, the game is a bit repetitious in the sense that you face the same sorts of enemies over and over again. Beyond that, the game still delivers enough entertainment for what its worth in my books. It might not be worth a full 60 dollars, but perhaps 50 wouldn't be far off. Expand
  30. Apr 21, 2011
    Mildly entertaining single player game but with limited replay value: limited and linear environment (basically one path through game), unskipable cut scenes and cloak just makes the game too easy (even on highest difficulty can get through killing everything with just knife, pistol and shotgun).
  31. Apr 21, 2011
    OK getting past all the hype was wrong with it? Dx11 not on release leaving it DX9 only for time being... as it stands the graphics on maximum are pretty nice indeed, more so on single player than multiplayer due to the wider range of the level sizes. The graphics are very smudged look does annoy me a lot, since no options to disable it to sharpen things up, making it look very consoleOK getting past all the hype was wrong with it? Dx11 not on release leaving it DX9 only for time being... as it stands the graphics on maximum are pretty nice indeed, more so on single player than multiplayer due to the wider range of the level sizes. The graphics are very smudged look does annoy me a lot, since no options to disable it to sharpen things up, making it look very console grade textures etc. Dx11 has been announce but not gonna hold my breath for a release date. Gameplay... well the single player campaign is definately one of the best on any FPS in many years, decent amount of levels (about 10 hours gameplay) and a good story, úber soundtrack, and they have improved the nano suit to make it less cumbersome to jump between modes. Multiplayer side of things have taken a bit of a step backward preferring to try be another COD clone with all the upgrade mods etc and it kind of works but doesnt feel a Crysis game and the levels are quite small and lacking vehicles completely... so basically single player the game is 10/10 multiplayer is 7/10... crysis wars did it a whole lot better. Expand
  32. Apr 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A superb game and very gamer friendly. i am running a 9800gt c2d e8400 and 4gb ram i was so stressed that i would have to run it on minimum res. and minimum setting with jagged edges terrible environment, this games lowest setting look better than most games high setting i was impressed. Amazing gameplay okay the hot keying of suit modes took some getting used but it proved helpfull. New enemies, new weapons, new ways to use the nanosuit.Keep it up crytek, you guys always surprise a gamer. Expand
  33. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is no way a sequel to the 2 original games. It completely breaks the story line of the originals, and the graphics and scripted gameplay are a huge step backwards. I will never buy another Crytek game.
  34. Apr 20, 2011
    After nearly three hours playing Crysis 2 I came to three conclusions. 1. It looks nice 2. It's Call of Duty clone #9786 - Alien Edition and 3. You can beat the majority of the game by running past enemies with Armor mode enabled. Crysis 2 reminds me of a sequel in the same way as an after dinner mint is a sequel to a juicy steak. Sure, you might enjoy it somewhat but it's nothingAfter nearly three hours playing Crysis 2 I came to three conclusions. 1. It looks nice 2. It's Call of Duty clone #9786 - Alien Edition and 3. You can beat the majority of the game by running past enemies with Armor mode enabled. Crysis 2 reminds me of a sequel in the same way as an after dinner mint is a sequel to a juicy steak. Sure, you might enjoy it somewhat but it's nothing amazing and you sure aren't getting much out of eating it. Expand
  35. Apr 20, 2011
    Una decepción en PC. Entiendo que el dinero lo dan las consolas pero se han olvidado que con crysis 2 se espera que marcase el nuevo "benchmark" de PC.
  36. Apr 20, 2011
    I enjoyed most of the game, but it felt like a huge step down from the technical qualities of the original. Especially the graphics. This was a very obvious console port. The game play was often very good, but the constant difficult enemies actually took away from my enjoyment of the game. Facing "waves" of enemies is a stupid way to extend the play time of a game.

Overall, not horrible,

Overall, not horrible, but certainly not an amazing game.
  37. Apr 20, 2011
    It's true that Crysis 2 feels streamlined and dumbed down when compared to the original. It takes steps forward but then it takes steps backward (mainly with the checkpoint system and streamlined nanosuit). Overall even though I prefered the original, I enjoyed Crysis 2. I like to think of it as a completely different game rather than a sequal to one of my favourite games.
  38. n20
    Apr 19, 2011
    Crysis2 solid game thats very fun to play. Single player isn't anything new, but its short and expected. The story takes very little from the original, and just moves on. The music really supports storyline, quite the epic soundtracks. The graphics aren't revolutionary, but then again, Crytek did raise the bar pretty high. Its still good and pretty. MP is fun with the variety of modes fromCrysis2 solid game thats very fun to play. Single player isn't anything new, but its short and expected. The story takes very little from the original, and just moves on. The music really supports storyline, quite the epic soundtracks. The graphics aren't revolutionary, but then again, Crytek did raise the bar pretty high. Its still good and pretty. MP is fun with the variety of modes from classic deathmatch to new variations on ctf and such. For many, the skill level grade is pretty wide. So some many not enjoy gameplay and be able to handle changing armor modes. The maps are fun and all different, with the variety of game modes, they are easily different for each mode. Much of the player customization is familiar to CoD, but improved and balanced. Sadly, lacking an overall anti-cheat feature, Crysis 2 is prone to hackers that can ruin the game for all. Expand
  39. Apr 19, 2011
    I started playing this game for my pc, and it was outstanding, the visuals are just out of my mind, the soundtrack makes you wanna go rush on all those enemies, and the story is GREAT, now on the other hand, the saves are gone, which is a big issue considering the checkpoint distance, and there is no "advanced graphics" option, which means that, if your pc has low specs (not my case) youI started playing this game for my pc, and it was outstanding, the visuals are just out of my mind, the soundtrack makes you wanna go rush on all those enemies, and the story is GREAT, now on the other hand, the saves are gone, which is a big issue considering the checkpoint distance, and there is no "advanced graphics" option, which means that, if your pc has low specs (not my case) you will have real problems with this game as you cant control that much the graphics. Expand
  40. Apr 19, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in Crysis 2. I love the first part,and after I watched the outro of Crysis 1 i was VERY exciting about the sequel,and in 2011 we get this game...It's like a gift what we don't want to get.The creators sacraficed everything for the console gamers...the story,the characters,the whole game was made for the console gamers,who don't know the first Crysis.The betrayal ofI'm very disappointed in Crysis 2. I love the first part,and after I watched the outro of Crysis 1 i was VERY exciting about the sequel,and in 2011 we get this game...It's like a gift what we don't want to get.The creators sacraficed everything for the console gamers...the story,the characters,the whole game was made for the console gamers,who don't know the first Crysis.The betrayal of the first part....the betrayal of a great franchise... Expand
  41. Apr 19, 2011
    Multiplayer is the only good thing of this game. IA is ridiculous and bad, all the news releases intend to make a good opinion on the player, but the game is simply not worth it.
  42. Apr 19, 2011
    In my opinion this game was fantastic. Altough it was a console port, it had a really thrilling singleplayer campaign. i loved to play trough the campaign. the multiplayer is a big letdown, because it is very generic and static with only the nanosuit functions that are to little to hold a whole mp game :)
  43. Apr 19, 2011
    A controversial sequel indeed. Crysis 2 can be called a great multiplayer sequel where the game has been praised for its complexity in single player, I've found that as of Crysis 2, the single player is not so great, It lacks in environment and It's the same old same old, though there are some notable twists in the sequel that have captured my eye, such as the further use of enemies andA controversial sequel indeed. Crysis 2 can be called a great multiplayer sequel where the game has been praised for its complexity in single player, I've found that as of Crysis 2, the single player is not so great, It lacks in environment and It's the same old same old, though there are some notable twists in the sequel that have captured my eye, such as the further use of enemies and the AI, which has been completely developed off the first increasing the single players momentum. The Game is fun to play as Multiplayer and is quite intricate, it follows the Call of Duty and Battlefield Kit-Development multiplayer first seen in Battlefield 1942, where you select your Kit and eventually develop guns, etc. Multiplayer boosts this game in terms of Quality, single player didn't quite cut it. Though it was fun for the first few hours, Multiplayer took the cake in this game.(8)

=|Paidgamers|=
  44. Apr 19, 2011
    Bad, borring game. This game has VERY bad AI (!!!), boring storyline and I always hear this nanosuit voice "Cloak Engaged, Cloak Engaged, Cloak Engaged". This is not Crysis 2 it is Crytek in crysis. Believe me: really bad game with good music, nothing else. Definitely not worth to buy.
  45. Apr 18, 2011
    The single-player had good graphics, and was well written. The gameplay was more repetitive and linear than the first one, an obvious sign of how it was dumbed down for consoles. But overall, I was pleased the with single player game, which was surprisingly long for a shooter. The multiplayer was vastly inferior to such games as call of duty. I have been playing shooters online for 9 yearsThe single-player had good graphics, and was well written. The gameplay was more repetitive and linear than the first one, an obvious sign of how it was dumbed down for consoles. But overall, I was pleased the with single player game, which was surprisingly long for a shooter. The multiplayer was vastly inferior to such games as call of duty. I have been playing shooters online for 9 years now, and I have never been so disappointed by online play. Every level is wide open, which makes for no strategy. The same open levels where you just get shot from the side by 10 people from all sides who are cloaked. No strategy and skill involved, and deaths mean almost nothing. Aiming in underwhelming, as cross-airs are too slow for people's movement and myself as well as the killcams I looked at showed people just spraying (THROUGH IRONSIGHTS). After playing online for 3 days and gaining 2 levels, I have no want to go back to the same 4 levels or 3 uninspired game types. Buy for single player, but no for online. Expand
  46. Apr 18, 2011
    Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring. What else? Hmmmmmmm... Boring? BTW: most terrible AI ever. Good music!
  47. Apr 17, 2011
    Crysis..is Okay. It is a good game if you just came into crysis but If you were one of the few that played Crysis 1 then you will be disappointed. They claimed it would be open-world but it just wasn't as open world as Crysis one. There is barely any vehicle combat. None at all online. The graphics are nice but can be a little dizzying at times .(Is that just me?) The original crysis wasCrysis..is Okay. It is a good game if you just came into crysis but If you were one of the few that played Crysis 1 then you will be disappointed. They claimed it would be open-world but it just wasn't as open world as Crysis one. There is barely any vehicle combat. None at all online. The graphics are nice but can be a little dizzying at times .(Is that just me?) The original crysis was only on PC but Crysis 2 is on consoles. I play Crysis 2 on PC. I believe that the PC gamer got shunted because Crytek wanted to attract Console gamers but did not completely polish the PC version. All in All, If you are on console. get it and haven't played the original you may want to check it out. The PC version on the other hand, You may want to pass on this game. Expand
  48. Apr 16, 2011
    This is an extremely hard game to review. The expectation were so high for me that it was always going to be hard to meet them. In the end it missed, just, but is still an awesome game. Easily the best game as far as the graphical environment goes. The single player story is interesting but difficult to follow. At first I could not work out if they meant to link it to the first game orThis is an extremely hard game to review. The expectation were so high for me that it was always going to be hard to meet them. In the end it missed, just, but is still an awesome game. Easily the best game as far as the graphical environment goes. The single player story is interesting but difficult to follow. At first I could not work out if they meant to link it to the first game or not. Eventually they did but it seemed forced. Overall, the single player is fun. The TAC assessment with different way to complete missions (supposedly) was a good idea but in the end bang-crashing your way through is pretty much how it will end up. Not that that isn't fun. It's still awesome.

A.I. in the single player was a let down. Sometimes it's just inexplicable what the enemy is doing.

Multiplayer is just a COD copy and will probably get boring pretty quick for those who don't find levelling up addictive in itself.

In the end the good weighs the bad but I think there was definitely scope for a better game. Will be interesting to see what is done in the way of add-ons.
  49. Apr 16, 2011
    i love this game the game is really polished i many ways the story is intense and fun and the graphics are the best i have seen in a long time now the multiplayer i found this a bit hard a first but when you level up and get more gear the real fun happens i give this a 9/10
  50. Apr 16, 2011
    I really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern WarfareI really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern Warfare 2 so it made me think of a Call Of Duty 14 years into the future. It shouldn't me called Crysis, it should be called Mw2023. In short, this is the worst game I have ever played. Just go and buy your self a copy of Call Of Duty and save yourself some money. Expand
  51. Apr 15, 2011
    Best game I have played in a long time, people who said it sucked is just trying to go against the current because it is a great game. The graphics, gameplay, and music makes this an A+ game.
  52. Apr 15, 2011
    terrible networking issues. keeps connecting me to empty lobbies that never fill up. takes 7-10 tries to connect to a lobby that actually has people in it. gameplay gets boring fast. save your money for upcoming shooters.
  53. Apr 15, 2011
    Well I waited years for this game.
    I am one of those who had followed this game all the way till release.
    Regardless to say I bought it right away even though many people were not pleased with it. I dont understand why, Its everything and more I wanted, Its nothing short of EPIC in every way. The campaign is just mind blowing, the suit once upgraded, rocks. The game play is beautiful.
    Well I waited years for this game.
    I am one of those who had followed this game all the way till release.

The campaign is just mind blowing, the suit once upgraded, rocks.
    The game play is beautiful. For me it smashes the once great game COD, before it became , well ... useless.

Why has this hit such low scores?

One reason could be the engine and graphics, I think the graphics are awesome and I'm really happy with the look but to hardcore gamers, I believe they are a bit toned down from what the previous crytek engine gave us. Not enough options, If Im correct, then it was a port from a console rather then a build just for PC.

I guess its just another sell out for more money, which is always sad, but all in all. The game is a monster.

The sound is amazing, the guns are pretty sweet and the character is just as awesome as controlling the assassins from assassins creed. Just a really cool character.

The graphics in my opinion are awesome, but yes compared to the previous crysis game they have not budged alot, the last engine was incredible, and its a game which I still use to compare other games with.

The aliens are sweet looking, I love the way they move, AI is terrible, its odd that they still have not got this right after all these years but non the less, Really love killing these dudes.

The game really picks up when the suit is fully loaded out, the suit then becomes as powerful as you would expect it to be and it feels awesome.

I for one had massive expectations and I was not let down one bit, this is definitely my game of the year so far and one that I don't mind cant be exchanged as I will be keeping this one.

Online is good, I really like it but spawn points let it a bit down, where you spawn right on top of an enemy and they kill you right away again. Its a little irritating and unfair.

But in campaign when your suit is fully loaded and you have just ripped off a massive gun off the wall, maximum armour on and standing in front of 2 massive aliens and the sound of those massive bullets smacking the hell out of these beasts in surround sound ... Well this reminds me why Crysis is the king of all FPS for me. sheer power baby:) The campaign is also pretty long, something most games don't have anymore. Its interesting from beginning to end and hate the fact that its going to end.

Well done Crytek, Well done indeed . Not so much EA your starting to ruin gaming again with not being able to exchange games and letting others that cant afford games never being able to try great games like this.

One little bit of advice though. PC was what gave you your present, don't forget them next time cytek.
    Money aint everything, something most of the world has forgotten.

I give it a 10 to try lift this terrible unrealistic score, but this game really does deserve a 9.5.

Its what COD Black ops tried to be.

Its a blast from beginning to end.
  54. Apr 15, 2011
    Crysis 2 has gone the same way as Dragon Age 2. Its fun, but its B movie fun. Multi-player would be amazing. If not for people exploiting ever trick in the book. And there are a lot of tricks to exploit in Crysis 2. Overall the Mplayer simply makes me want to rip my face off lol. The demo was amazing, but only because it had the two BEST levels in the game in it and a good amount of theCrysis 2 has gone the same way as Dragon Age 2. Its fun, but its B movie fun. Multi-player would be amazing. If not for people exploiting ever trick in the book. And there are a lot of tricks to exploit in Crysis 2. Overall the Mplayer simply makes me want to rip my face off lol. The demo was amazing, but only because it had the two BEST levels in the game in it and a good amount of the "perks" shut down. I cant blame Crytek for how players game, but giving them the ability to be totally cheesy didn't help at all. Story mode held my interest for about... 2 hours.. After seeing numerous plot "holes" and things that made me go "but how the fk would they even do that" I lost any immersive feeling I had from the intro and simply lost interest. I regret buying it, but I dont want to regret buying.. If that makes any sense. I WANT to have fun but I just dont. Makes me a sad panda. :( Still, I see the potential and its not that bad of a game. But It doesn't live up to its name IMO. Expand
  55. Apr 14, 2011
    Get a refund !.....i did

Played the SP for a while, was utterly dissappointed by the lack of story between crysis 1 and 2, not to mention the **** they had put the graphics in...where's all the customization and Directx 11 ? or at least DirectX 10 like the older crysis games, game looked crap compared to crysis warhead, which says a lot. Tried to enter the multiplayer part for
    Get a refund !.....i did

Tried to enter the multiplayer part for 1½ hour......all in vain.
    When i finally entered i couldnt use me code for pre-order...okay bad sign...whatever...game wont keep stats....back to level **** sake this is garbage....i wrote to EA live chat and got a refund (got the game on EA store).

Call me back in 4 months when DirectX 11 has been released and the game patched, then i might buy it duing the summer sale :)
  56. Apr 13, 2011
    Crysis 2 left me amazed from start to finish. Everything about this game seemed polished to a point that was so far above my expectations for it, it left me amazed. I played through the entire campaign with a smile on my face from the amazing visuals, the (for the most part) engrossing story and the fluid gameplay. I must say that crysis 2 feels much more generic than the first especiallyCrysis 2 left me amazed from start to finish. Everything about this game seemed polished to a point that was so far above my expectations for it, it left me amazed. I played through the entire campaign with a smile on my face from the amazing visuals, the (for the most part) engrossing story and the fluid gameplay. I must say that crysis 2 feels much more generic than the first especially in its multiplayer but that was a small set back. It was still fun to play and has kept me playing the game a lot more than the first. My only criticism of it is that it is obviously made more for consoles than the PC and has come away from the feel of the first. Either way this is an amazing game and if you are even half as happy with it as I am it will have been well worth your money. Expand
  57. Apr 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Single-player Review of Crysis 2 on Veteran Difficulty with Resolution set to 1680X1050 on very high: Despite the repetitive central plot devices-a virus that becomes airborne, infecting the populous and turning them into zombies combined with alien elements reminiscent of the movie Mars Attack-Crysis 2 singe-player turned out to be much more entertaining than I imagined it would be. For me, the impressive cinematic scenes coupled with the top-notch voice acting of the main characters far outweighed the repetitive game-play, namely, the constant need to use cloak with the scar, as well as the frequent need to use the detachable machine gun on larger enemies. Looking at the game more critically, the wide variety of weapons and available customizable options were a welcome addition, but these elements didn't make the style of game-play markedly different from it's predecessor or similar fps titles. The HUD design or the tactical display weren't remarkable either; in fact, the tactical display made the game feel less immersive because it gave me the sense that I was in a continuous tutorial that patronized me by constantly showing me the best tactical options available. The last aspect I'd like to quibble about is the linear story-line. It would have been nice if my decisions altered the plot-line. In this way, there could have been alternate endings that kept me wondering, "what would have happened if I had gone this way or taken that action?" Alas, the story writers are only so imaginative. Negative aspects aside, Crytek deserves credit for making a fun fps with beautiful graphics, smooth game-play, and a satisfactory set of graphics tuning options for scaling your performance. To conclude, this game certainly isn't worth 60 dollars, but if you can manage to purchase it for $40 or less, I'd recommend it. Expand
  58. Apr 12, 2011
    Positives and General Thoughts: I recently built a nice new gaming rig, and flat out bought this game to see what kind of graphics my new computer was capable of (after picking up Crysis 1 on steam to tide me over). Perhaps I am ignorant due to most of my gaming history being almost exclusively on consoles (NES through PS2), but I think this game looks absolutely fantastic, and playsPositives and General Thoughts: I recently built a nice new gaming rig, and flat out bought this game to see what kind of graphics my new computer was capable of (after picking up Crysis 1 on steam to tide me over). Perhaps I am ignorant due to most of my gaming history being almost exclusively on consoles (NES through PS2), but I think this game looks absolutely fantastic, and plays really well. The environments look great, light is incredible, and the dynamic effects, explosions, etc are just incredible. Again, it could be my ignorance, but it seems to me the PC backlash against this game has more to do with that community's grudge against consoles than anything else. After being satisfied with the nice graphics, I was happy to see I got an enjoyable game with my PC benchmark, and I say that as somebody mostly sick of modern shooters. I think the single player is paced far better than the original, which had some amazing, wide open parts, but also got really bogged down in other spots. The suit is a lot simpler to use now as well, as power mode kicks in automatically, and stealth mode has just a liiiiittle more length on it, so you can actually cross useful distances with it before having to pop out and recharge. Only getting to carry around two primary weapons makes me sort of sad, because I miss the olden days when you could carry around a giant arsenal at once, and have all the cool weapons in a game at the same time, but it does force you to make so very trying tactical choices on which weapons to bring on with you. Altogether, you'll feel like a deadly hunter, but not invincible, and some of the aliens will turn that feeling on its head a bit, striking a bit of fear in the heart of the predator. The story is sort of poorly fleshed out and doesn't really play into gameplay like many more advanced games, but the atmosphere of desolation is very cool nonetheless, and the music really helps add to this. The dialogue and voice acting are highly marginal which, sadly, means the game ranks better in these categories than like 90% of other modern shooters. Multiplayer has bugs, but the core of the product is still there, at least for me, and a couple of the game modes are really fun. Deathmatch is mediocre, but crash landing really forces you to use all the little tricks of your suit to take out your enemy, finding cloaked enemies with nanovision, cloaking yourself, sneaking around a bit, etc. I think the addition of cloak makes the multiplayer a lot better than a more CODMW type game because you can cloak up to run across open ground without getting immediately shot, which allows you to spend a lot less time peaking around walls and sniping, and a lot more fun in straight on firefights, which as a lot more fun, imo.

Cons: The game is not without faults, though. Lack of graphics customization is annoying, though there is a simple add-on program that takes care of it. Lack of a quick-save feature is totally unforgivable, as how damn hard can it be to just write that code into the PC version? The game stupidly saves for you automatically, but doesn't make it clear when that is, so any time you quit other than the very beginning of a level, you don't know for sure if the game will send you back 10-20 minutes or not. As addressed above, I can forgive a mostly uninteresting story for some of the atmospheric touches, but I don't like how you interact with the human soldiers. Say, for example, an alien is attack a human and you walk out and shoot the alien right before he kills the soldier. It would be cool if the soldier recognized you'd saved him and made some "well, I guess we're all on the same side comment" instead of turning right around and shooting at you, but that doesn't happen. In general, I think the idea that the human military is trying so hard to kill a clearly powerful soldier while humanity is FIGHTING FOR SURVIVAL is pretty stupid and should have more nuance. The AI in general is... only ok, as enemies will mostly try to flank you and such, but will also tend to stupidly run out of cover, get caught on parts of the landscape, react oddly, or otherwise fall into the uncanny valley. The alien AI seems to be a little better, at least in the way that it makes you feel like you have become the hunted, unlike your almost totally unchecked hunting of the humans. Last, lack of destructible terrain, or even being able to break small, dynamics objects like bottles is an absolute step down fro the first game. A computer should break when I punch it, and a lamppost should explode when it is hit with my grenade. Multiplayer progression is totally bugged beyond the bare necessities, which is annoying.
  59. Apr 12, 2011
    The fact that I could not even be bothered to finish the single player could mean that I am simply getting to old for playing games, or the quality of recent developments has gone down the drain. The graphics are not bad. The "new" game play mechanics make combat feel more like paper/rock/scissors. Havent played the MP, maybe some for the "new" game play mechanics might make it fun for aThe fact that I could not even be bothered to finish the single player could mean that I am simply getting to old for playing games, or the quality of recent developments has gone down the drain. The graphics are not bad. The "new" game play mechanics make combat feel more like paper/rock/scissors. Havent played the MP, maybe some for the "new" game play mechanics might make it fun for a little while.

I would says wait for the sales.
  60. Apr 11, 2011
    Game looks great (even tho PC-gamers mostly say that it should look much better) but that's not all what a great game needs.
    Combat would work nicely if AI was up to date. Also enemies shooting through walls should be fixed asap.
    Cutting the story with loading screens is very retro-style and very annoying. Soon as you start to feel like you're immersed into the story, the game cuts the action into a loading screen briefing. And the story itself is poorly written. Main character feels alive as a rock. No dialogue at all ( I'm conviced that the final words in the end are said by prophet).
    As a shooter.. there's better ones out there. Lots of them.
    As for story... Original Doom has more story than this (well, almost)
    And the Multiplayer.. What do you expect from a game that cannot do well in single player? Multiplayer is .. bleh. There's lot more better multiplayer games around. Maps are small and there's not much players in them. What happened to original crysis 32 player matches? Maybe it's because the game was made to work on Xbox?
    Not worth of your time and money unless you really liked Crysis and want to know what happened after the Lin Shang
  61. Apr 11, 2011
    This game does everything wrong. Right off the bat, you have to watch 5 splash screens every time you boot it up, and you can't cut them short. The multiplayer matches are around 4 to 5 minutes long (this is not an exaggeration), and you have to wait in a "lobby" between each one. The matches are twitch gameplay to the extreme because everyone is equipped with a legitimate speed-hack.This game does everything wrong. Right off the bat, you have to watch 5 splash screens every time you boot it up, and you can't cut them short. The multiplayer matches are around 4 to 5 minutes long (this is not an exaggeration), and you have to wait in a "lobby" between each one. The matches are twitch gameplay to the extreme because everyone is equipped with a legitimate speed-hack. In the end, it comes down to whoever toggles maximum-armor first. This is a game for meth addicts or something. It's more fast paced then COD:BO, if that were even possible. The SP campaign is unbelievably boring, on top of everything else. I wasted $60.00. Expand
  62. Apr 11, 2011
    Don't listen to the whiners who only wanted a stress test for their gaming rigs. Crysis 2 excels where it counts- gameplay, and it runs silky smooth and looks great. Expanding on all the positive aspects of Crysis's game mechanics while adding an amazing environment, deeper story, some interesting characters, and better multiplayer. New York never looked so good or was so fun in a game.Don't listen to the whiners who only wanted a stress test for their gaming rigs. Crysis 2 excels where it counts- gameplay, and it runs silky smooth and looks great. Expanding on all the positive aspects of Crysis's game mechanics while adding an amazing environment, deeper story, some interesting characters, and better multiplayer. New York never looked so good or was so fun in a game. Soon their will be DX11 support as well. Expand
  63. Apr 11, 2011
    Although crytek has done their utmost to make this game look good, the fact is that this is 2011 and they have coded this game for the 2005 xbox360 and then ported it to pc and ps3. Moreover, they using dx9 which was released in 2002. So yes, this game looks great compared to COD etc, but so what? It's like saying you have a really great looking 480i standard def TV. The game market isAlthough crytek has done their utmost to make this game look good, the fact is that this is 2011 and they have coded this game for the 2005 xbox360 and then ported it to pc and ps3. Moreover, they using dx9 which was released in 2002. So yes, this game looks great compared to COD etc, but so what? It's like saying you have a really great looking 480i standard def TV. The game market is stagnant right now because the consoles are old and there is no tripleA cutting edge games. How someone could get excited over this game is beyond me. Unless of course you are a professional reviewer and are looking to secure your next free 2 week all expenses paid EA vacation next year Expand
  64. Apr 10, 2011
    Easily the best FPS since Modern Warfare 1. The single player campaign has amazing depth and attention to detail, great pace and breaks the norm from any other by-the-numbers FPS made in the past ten years. Everything about this game is as polished as it gets, making it the centrepiece of gaming in 2011. Polished, smooth, impressive and insanely fun game to play. I downloaded it, playedEasily the best FPS since Modern Warfare 1. The single player campaign has amazing depth and attention to detail, great pace and breaks the norm from any other by-the-numbers FPS made in the past ten years. Everything about this game is as polished as it gets, making it the centrepiece of gaming in 2011. Polished, smooth, impressive and insanely fun game to play. I downloaded it, played it, then bought it. Expand
  65. Apr 10, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a good game. It's very fun indeed. It has fluid gameplay, amazing graphics, an absorbing multiplayer, and there are many other things to enjoy.

Crysis 2 is a very fun game to play, but it constantly begs you to ignore the question: Is this how a Crysis sequel should feel? Because in most cases, the answer will be no. This game is fun, but it is far from what we were promised. No DX11, no destructible environments, no open world levels. This is Crysis: Call of Duty. It's fun, but it'll leave Crysis fans wanting for something more.

Thus I give Crysis 2 a 7.0
  66. Apr 10, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a big disappointment. From what the hype said I thought this would be the next step in the evolution of crytek/frysis franchise...and yes... it was a step... but it was backwards several steps.
    Crysis 2 feels much more like Crysis 0.5 than 2. The graphics are not as good as the 4 years older crysis 1. And thatâ
  67. Apr 9, 2011
    Didn't play the first one, so can't really make a comparison. The lack of DirectX 11 support sucks, and getting this to work with crossfire required about 2-3 hours research, so there's that, but them's just small complaints that could have been overlooked if the game wasn't so pedantic and uninspired. More articulate peeps have elaborated on why this game fails to impress, so I'll justDidn't play the first one, so can't really make a comparison. The lack of DirectX 11 support sucks, and getting this to work with crossfire required about 2-3 hours research, so there's that, but them's just small complaints that could have been overlooked if the game wasn't so pedantic and uninspired. More articulate peeps have elaborated on why this game fails to impress, so I'll just end it here with a quote that I feel sort of sums it all up: "I like turtles." Expand
  68. Apr 9, 2011
    This is a console port....more evidence that the PC platform is being shunted!:( The 3D vision is strange on this game. It looks more like a 2D game displayed on a screen within your monitor....quite strange, but it explains why, even on a mediocre rig like mine, the 3D doesn't kill the frame rate.

Also, very very buggy! Enemies look like they're just standing in open space...then when you zoom to line up your sights...they're behind boxes or barriers??!!!! Not sure if this is a negative side affect of graphical settings?

Also, poor AI. You can kill an enemy...and wait for every other sucker in the vicinity to turn up culminating in a pile of bodies:(

The game itself is so so...nothing overly memorable, best enjoyed if rented or borrowed.
  69. Apr 8, 2011
    !Before i begin, let me state that i loved the original crysis too!

This game is getting a 9 being viewed as a completely new entity, if i compare it to the original it gets a 5. As shooters go, this is a very tight, action packed and thrilling ride, the short campaign being the only let down for it. However, short as it may be, the campaign is fast paced, constantly keeping you on your
    !Before i begin, let me state that i loved the original crysis too!

However, short as it may be, the campaign is fast paced, constantly keeping you on your toes. The nanosuit has been drastically changed, but for the better in my opinion, now suit modes are triggered by the touch of a button (at the expense of leaning left/right, which are essentially useless as long as you have a cloak anyway)
    The only remaining definite modes are armour and cloak, the rest are implemented into the suit's common usage (eg: max speed is your normal sprint, max strength kicks in only when you hold down melee, or jump). This may sound like a step backwards, but it actually allows for the game to feel much more free flowing and effortless.
    The AI is questionable, as alot of effort has been put into it to make it react in cool ways to certain things such as uncloaking in front of an enemy etc, however ive often run into situations where you shoot a guy and then everyone on the floor of the building you are in runs to the same doorway, only to be shot without you even tethering your aim.
    This doesnt always happen, but its a problem that should be fixed. Other than that the AI is very impressive and an improvement over the original.
    A visor function replaces your binocs in this game, which is handy as it suggests tactical options to assist you getting to your objectives.
    Nightvision is replaced with Nanovision, which is more like thermal goggles, useful for spotting camoflaged and cloaked enemies (especially online!).

The campaign itself is rewarding to play through, and much more fluent than the original, but the game is considerably more linear to boot.

!(the aliens in this game are about 90% less annoying too, and wont waste all your bullets)!

The multiplayer offers considerably less than the previous title, and as stated by numerous others is essentially a cod:mw2 clone (in fact one map is practically THE SAME as a map on cod:mw2!), however if you are more into your run and gun FFA, TDM and CP type matches, this multiplayer might appeal more to you. The added bonus of the suit powers spices up the gameplay a good bit.

In Conclusion, this game is a must have for any fps fan, however fans of the original who are looking for more of the same are going to be let down.
    If you disliked the original crysis, dont shoot this one down in flames, it's completely different, and more resemblant of cod4 and killzone 2 gameplay.
    I didnt realise how much fun kicking cars at aliens was until i played this game.
  70. Apr 8, 2011
    This runs great on the xbox. Too bad it doesn't run half as well on my highly optimized, custom gaming pc. Seriously if an xbox can run this theres no reason my pc can't.
  71. Apr 8, 2011
    Just another victim of massive consolization. Poor textures, tight locations, boring plot, horrible A.I..and weak gameplay, filled with dozens of bugs. It's rather Beta version, than polished product. Multiplayer is absolute disaster, same as technical support btw. Servers are laggy, infested with hackers, cheaters, aimbotters, pirates and other scums, running everywhere like fresh freedJust another victim of massive consolization. Poor textures, tight locations, boring plot, horrible A.I..and weak gameplay, filled with dozens of bugs. It's rather Beta version, than polished product. Multiplayer is absolute disaster, same as technical support btw. Servers are laggy, infested with hackers, cheaters, aimbotters, pirates and other scums, running everywhere like fresh freed from cages. Total waste of precious time. Expand
  72. Apr 7, 2011
    Wow! A game where the streamlining actually makes sense!!! And works! The graphics are great. The nanosuit is intuitive. The AI is competent. The story could have used some fleshing out... but, it was still more solid than 99% of your usual FPS fare. The MP isn't anywhere near the standards set by CoD, YET... but the SP campaign craps on the enitre CoD franchise from a height of severalWow! A game where the streamlining actually makes sense!!! And works! The graphics are great. The nanosuit is intuitive. The AI is competent. The story could have used some fleshing out... but, it was still more solid than 99% of your usual FPS fare. The MP isn't anywhere near the standards set by CoD, YET... but the SP campaign craps on the enitre CoD franchise from a height of several miles... Best FPS since, well, the first Crysis! Looking forward to Crysis 3. Expand
  73. Apr 7, 2011
    I consider my self to be a PC Gaming veteran. I have played most of the major fps titles to death. Crysis 1 is easily my favourite FPS of all time due to its longevity and challenge. The truth is, Crysis 1 is the sequel to Crysis 2. Crysis 2 is a step back 5-6 years in an embarrassing attempt to emulate the multi-million dollar success of the COD franchise. What a shame! Cryteck hadI consider my self to be a PC Gaming veteran. I have played most of the major fps titles to death. Crysis 1 is easily my favourite FPS of all time due to its longevity and challenge. The truth is, Crysis 1 is the sequel to Crysis 2. Crysis 2 is a step back 5-6 years in an embarrassing attempt to emulate the multi-million dollar success of the COD franchise. What a shame! Cryteck had something so unique and so special and they mutilated it and prostituted it into this disastrous FPS. let it be known for all. There are no 'tactical' or 'thinking mans' elements to this game play. You can literally walk through the last 5 hours without a thinking. I began to feel very angry at the lack of challenge. I was playing on the hardest setting.

Fighting the same 2 types of alien over and over and over and over again becomes totally moronic. And with just two tactical options - 'go invisible' cloak or 'go armoured' armour mode. The illusion of choice the developers offer is pathetic and condescending to a pc gamer.. This is infantile in comparison to Crysis 1. Graphics? Not that great for someone using the latest cards, no dx11 and the AA really is shoddy. It looks slightly better than an x box, but Im using a GTX 480 and an i7. I expected more from this game. i was promised much more. I feel betrayed. Many of the set pieces are recycled from Half Life 2 or Crysis 1. Nothing original.

Story: Dont even go there. Again - utterly childish and at times - bafflingly stupid. By the end, the writers completely lost the plot and it turns into an utterly predictable nonsense.

Scripted events and button pushing sequences: Cloned from COD, Boring. Golden rule - dont make a player 'watch' everything fun. I still cannot complete the game because of a bug on the ending script event. Multiplayer: Just a COD clone attempt thrown in to justify the price tag. Nothing of longevity. All the 80+ reviewers either did not complete the game or are being paid. There is no justification for 80+ due to a fundamental lack of originality. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME - you will regret it.

Shame on you cryteck. Shame on you and your work. I loved you for your genius, now I hate you for your lack of integrity.
  74. Apr 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. nennt mich einen fanboy aber bei diesem spiel möchte umbedingt einen dritten teil^^ es ist ein cineastischer bilderrausch der zeigt was möglich ist Expand
  75. Apr 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The expectation was huge for this game, but it was a complete disappointment. Regret for having bought. I do not know why they did change so bad?
    Multiplayer ridiculous. Graphics ridiculous.
    DECEPTION!
    Crysis one forever!
  76. Apr 6, 2011
    This game has some Problems, because it was Released for consoles and the pc. 1. No Quick-save 2. Checkpoints are to far from together. 3. You could not choose Grenades by typing a key. The Story don´t match perfect with the first Game (and Warhead). But i have to say that this Game is a Great komparison of action an Game play!
  77. Apr 6, 2011
    Amazing campaign, I definitely this game was definitely a step up from the previous, can't wait to see what Crytek delivers with Crysis 3. The campaign trail was a bit narrow but it was much more challenging than most games as the AI is much more intelligent and very reactive to you. Even on normal there were some challenges in the game. Haven't tried multiplayer but I'm sure the suit willAmazing campaign, I definitely this game was definitely a step up from the previous, can't wait to see what Crytek delivers with Crysis 3. The campaign trail was a bit narrow but it was much more challenging than most games as the AI is much more intelligent and very reactive to you. Even on normal there were some challenges in the game. Haven't tried multiplayer but I'm sure the suit will make for a new and interesting change to your average mulitplayer mechanic. A must buy for anyone who loves the Crysis story Expand
  78. Apr 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a bit of a mixed bag. It is in no way the incredible step forward of the first, in gameplay or graphics, it suffers from noticeable consolisation as well as a myriad of bugs (on the PC at least).
    I haven't finished it yet or even gotten that far in as crossfire isn't working right and either flickers or lags/stutters, so that is quite annoying.
    But the bit I have played seems
    But the bit I have played seems solid, its obviously great to get some more story on Crysis 1. But the game is consolised, there has been no attempt to modify the control system to match PC, the graphics settings have been reduced from the previous 10 or so options plus AA to simply High, Very High, or Extreme which is very annoying. The graphics are definitely solid, its still a pretty game but nothing like the step forward of Crysis 1.
    The AI seems to be worse then in Crysis 1, which is very annoying and no doubt due to the consoles, but Multiplayer is great (after you manage to get past a heap of bugs) it uses the COD model with unique crysis improvements and is quite a bit of fun!
    Overall a solid game but hype has probably raised peoples expectations too high and bugs have probably cause many to give up on the game.
  79. Apr 5, 2011
    Huge disappointment! Lazy gameplay (COD style), tiny maps, linear, step backwards in graphics... I do give it points for some additions that would have fit the FIRST Crysis well. Grabbing ledges, stomping ground, nano vision, and suit additions are nice touches... but it's not enough. The first Crysis blows this out of the water, no comparison. They even dumbed down the suit functions!Huge disappointment! Lazy gameplay (COD style), tiny maps, linear, step backwards in graphics... I do give it points for some additions that would have fit the FIRST Crysis well. Grabbing ledges, stomping ground, nano vision, and suit additions are nice touches... but it's not enough. The first Crysis blows this out of the water, no comparison. They even dumbed down the suit functions! Vehicles are a joke. Multiplayer is fun for about 5 minutes because that's when you realise you've played this game 100 times already. They sold out, shame on you Crytek. I bought Crysis and Warhead and that was money well spent... but I feel as though I wasted $50 this time. Trying to sell it on facebook now. Expand
  80. Apr 5, 2011
    The single player is great and I normally don't play campaign mode but this one is very good.
    The multi-player is just retarded! If you move you're dead, if you shoot someone you're dead, if you use the power module you are visible, so you're dead, if you use the camo/almost invisible thing it only last a few seconds then you're dead. it's the most frustrating multi-player I've ever seen. If you like dying allot this is the game for you. I give it a 5 for the single player. This company has the tools and the tech to make the most amazing multi-player game ever but what they made is a frustrating mess.
  81. Apr 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 is an ok game.Of course its not the groundbreaking achievement the first game was but everybody knew that already.Graphics,game-play,game mechanics etc etc all of them are ok... they may not be great or innovative or whatever but they r also far from being average or just bad.
    The bottom line is when the third part comes its gonna be more like MW2 than Crysis 1 which is not a good or bad thing.. Its just ok.
  82. Apr 4, 2011
    First of all, if this is the first time you've heard about this game, than you've probably heard that it is the sequel to 2007-8 Crysis and Crysis Warhead. If so, I invite you to buy both of those (you can probably get both of them nowadays on Ebay for about $10 bucks) and compare them to this game.When you do that you will see what I mean when I say that Crysis 2 is far from what is usedFirst of all, if this is the first time you've heard about this game, than you've probably heard that it is the sequel to 2007-8 Crysis and Crysis Warhead. If so, I invite you to buy both of those (you can probably get both of them nowadays on Ebay for about $10 bucks) and compare them to this game.When you do that you will see what I mean when I say that Crysis 2 is far from what is used to be. How far? Very far. So far in fact, that this game has absolutely nothing to do with the original in neither plot nor design. And for the most part, has nothing to do with the original in quality. This is a totally different game, in a sense that it is multiple steps behind the original Crysis. First of all the graphics are choppy and rectangular, there are no fine textures, shadows, or detail whatsowever. Trees will not fall when you shoot them, there are no weapon attachments, enhancements or can modify a weapon to your liking when you want to. There is no stealth, enemies charge you at all times, hidden or not, cloaked or not. There is lots of motion blur to cover up it graphic de evolution. AS for the new story, it is a mash up of post apocalyptic infected zombie movies, Call of Duty cliches, and your standard average first person shooter linear gameplay and story. The original story is gone, Prophet dies, but is not the original Prophet. No Aliens, instead alien virus infects humanity and they turn into zombies. Weapons resemble call of duty weapons, objectives resemble call of duty objectives, all you do is shoot your way through them, get there, shoot your way to the next, rinse, repeat...then game ends. No creativity, no art, no thinking.

In short, what Crytek was once as a studio is dead, replaced by overzealous, greedy and gluttonous businessmen trying to make a quick buck with the least common denominator. This review ends here.
  83. Apr 4, 2011
    Eh, you know what? I kinda liked it. Crysis 2 is a pretty decent shooter. It's just not a very good Crysis game. Crysis should not be a linear corridor shooter with some powerups and scripted events every 10 seconds. That's the main issue so many people here have with this game; it's VERY unlike part 1. I for one didn't even like the first game(s). The graphics were stupidly good, but theEh, you know what? I kinda liked it. Crysis 2 is a pretty decent shooter. It's just not a very good Crysis game. Crysis should not be a linear corridor shooter with some powerups and scripted events every 10 seconds. That's the main issue so many people here have with this game; it's VERY unlike part 1. I for one didn't even like the first game(s). The graphics were stupidly good, but the AI was dull, the physics were honestly not that great and enemies falling down ragdoll style is horrible no matter what game it's in. Part 2 has nice graphics. Really. It does. Even on 'low' it looks very, very good. Whether it actually looks better than part 1, I'll leave up to people like tweakers or whatever. All I can judge with are my eyes, and they consider this game to be very pretty looking. Moving on; the AI still isn't good, the physics are... well, there are no real physics in this game since there's barely any destructability. They fixed the stupid ragdolls though. Shooting enemies actually seems to have an impact now, they die sort of realistically. It still looks really dumb when you throw them, though. Toss a soldier in the air and he won't even flap his arms, he'll just float up like a stiff board.
    Anyway, wrapping up. Crysis 2 is not great. It's not even good. It's decent. It looks pretty, plays smoothly even on older PCs and things you point your guns at generally die. What more do you want from a decent shooter?
  84. Apr 4, 2011
    I think the fact that this is a console port has been pretty much covered. Very disappointing considering Crytek's previous releases. HOWEVER...I would suggest that if this was Crytek's first release, people would be giving it more of an 8-9 score. But, it isn't their first release so the low scores are warranted - you begin to have expectations for companies who put out games that areI think the fact that this is a console port has been pretty much covered. Very disappointing considering Crytek's previous releases. HOWEVER...I would suggest that if this was Crytek's first release, people would be giving it more of an 8-9 score. But, it isn't their first release so the low scores are warranted - you begin to have expectations for companies who put out games that are supposedly on the cutting edge. And if/when they come out with a dog, they're going to get blasted.

Rather than going over what's already been said (which I completely agree with), I'd say my biggest beef is the length. After playing shooter/rpg games like Fallout: New Vegas and Borderlands where I've invested 60+ hours in them, 8 hours for a $60 dollar game (pre-order) is simply not worth it. And I'm not interested in the multi-player portion. Running around like a maniac competing with 13 year olds is not my idea of a good time. I would have preferred Crytek release two different games - one single-player campaign and the other multi-player and do each one right, rather than combing the two and they both end up half-baked.

The game is a disappointment, but not a total loss. It does have some entertainment value - I'd just recommend waiting until that value hits the $20 mark in a sale bin before buying.
  85. Apr 3, 2011
    NOTHING like crysis original when it comes to the multiplayer. Its like playing modern warfare with a couple more features like cloaking... (I hate modern warfare!) Original crysis multi was fun, this is not. Its maybe worth buying for the single playing but barely...
  86. Apr 3, 2011
    I am extremely disappointed with Crysis 2, I played the first Crysis campaign over and over with so many possibilities with how to deal with your enemies, fun aliens to fight and very innovating gameplay. In Crysis 2 I just canâ
  87. Apr 3, 2011
    Graphics 8
    Sound 8
    Gameplay 5 Story 4 Controls 5 - Graphically, Crysis 2 is most certainly a beautiful game; this is, however, mulled quite often by graphical shortcomings in the form of entirely flat surfaces where the player may feel they could have spent that tiny bit more on graphics requirements to improve that particular aspect. This is seen most quickly by viewing bullet-casings
    Graphics 8
    Sound 8
    Gameplay 5
    Story 4
    Controls 5
    Graphically, Crysis 2 is most certainly a beautiful game; this is, however, mulled quite often by graphical shortcomings in the form of entirely flat surfaces where the player may feel they could have spent that tiny bit more on graphics requirements to improve that particular aspect. This is seen most quickly by viewing bullet-casings lying on the ground behind a wall the player may be hiding behind, waiting for a patrol to pass, only to find that not only is the supposedly depressed floor tile entirely flat, but the 'rubbish' and bullet casings lying there are also entirely flat. Similar effects are found in other world-detailing aspects that serve to break immersion significantly.

NPCs in the game additionally have absolutely terrible animations, with facial animations making all the characters look like they've suffered strokes, with virtually no expressions and wild flailing of arms completely disconnected from the scene's mood, the character's attitude or what they're saying/explaining/expressing.

The hostile NPCs furthermore come in four varieties for the humans and four for the aliens; the humans may all be wearing full military dress, but even real world soldiers will have some degree of personal effects on their persons and/or customizations to their gear to better suit their personal operational style. This is not at all reflected in the human nor alien NPCs, each and every one of which look exactly the same. A game like Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 had already broken ground in this regard years ago, and one would think that a game heralded as the father of graphics innovation would also have such functionality. Resident Evil 5, built on the Unreal 3.5 engine, also has such functionality, and in ways could be considered to exceed the graphical variety and quality/polish portrayed by Crysis 2.
    Audio wise, Crysis 2 is excellent. Using only a basic pair of 5.1 speakers and a mid-range onboard audio solution that would for many other games often have trouble recreating a believable surround sound audio stage, this game has excellent channel separation without misplacing audio. The environmental effects, while not massively varied nor particularly impressive, do come across as reasonably realistic, with exception for NPC voices, which due to the mixture of ear-based audio and the suit's radio signal interception, may oftentimes cause confusing or 'broken' results when hearing someone behind a wall.

The voice acting of the story NPCs is terrible. Every one of the characters sound like college students, even those that would otherwise appear to be hardened war veterans, and with exception to a few 'cutscenes', all the human and alien NPCs share the same voices; if I counted correctly there are two sets of voices in total for the humans to use with zero voice font usage to modulate their voices to change the way they sound. This is another feature that simply should have been in the game, but isn't.
    Gameplay wise, Crysis 2 falls short of what Crysis 1 provided. You are no longer on a massive, open world, you are now on a linear path through broken buildings and subway tunnels, occasionally heading out into the open streets only to get to the next pickup location, building or subway entrance. The AI of this game is quite simply appalling. Very often an NPC will break and will not react to anything that is happening around him whatsoever unless he has seen you himself; this includes gunfights in their vicinity where you are standing directly behind them shooting all their comrades with an un-silenced weapon, bumping into them, jumping up and down behind them. They will only notice you if you actually get into their field of view. Other times, NPCs will break and go into an endless loop of performing several 'alarm' and 'notification' animations, ducking into and out of cover rapidly while cycling three or four different voice queues constantly until killed.

Alien NPC AI is also incredibly predictable even on the hard difficulty, and the bulk of NPCs can be dispatched simply by waiting for them to come into range of you then grabbing them to use them as a meat-shield. There is minimal to no inclination on their part to dodge your attacks.

Weapons modification might as well not exist, with ironsights, the assault scope and silencer being all you really use.
    The story of Crysis 2 is quite simply terrible. Many of the NPCs encountered in the first game that you would be led to believe would feature majorly in Crysis 2 are simply not there, as though they have suddenly ceased to exist in the aliens' world. The story is also one massive cliche-kiddies-rollercoaster and the game is finished within several short hours of play.
    Controls-wise, the game handles mediocre at best. On the PC version, the console-based weapons switching is retained, meaning you will often be fumbling trying to get to the weapon you actually meant to get out.
  88. Apr 3, 2011
    Pretty graphics, but lacking in everything else. Poor multiplayer, bad voice acting, unimpressive and cliche story. Decent singleplayer experience for a one-time playthrough but not worth the full price and definitely not the OMG AMAZING game the paid-off reviewers are making it out to be.
  89. Apr 3, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a huge step down from it's predecessor. The environment can no longer be destroyed. Textures are blurry and low resolution due to catering to consoles. The motion blur is overdone, making everything look smudgy. Mouse movement has a delay even at lowest graphics settings, which makes trying to keep your aim at anything feel clumsy. The free-roaming,Crysis 2 is a huge step down from it's predecessor. The environment can no longer be destroyed. Textures are blurry and low resolution due to catering to consoles. The motion blur is overdone, making everything look smudgy. Mouse movement has a delay even at lowest graphics settings, which makes trying to keep your aim at anything feel clumsy. The free-roaming, approach-the-situation-as-you-wish is gone and the game looks more like any other linear Call Of Honor: Medal Of Duty-clone. In addition, the game is spoon-feeding you and holding your hand throughout. It now shows you your "tactical options" through your visor. As if gamers are too stupid to figure out how to approach a given situation on their own. One would think the game would be a milestone in graphics, but not so. In fact, I thought the graphics in Crysis 1 looked better.

From being greeted with "Press ENTER to start" at the opening screen, to the complete lack of graphics options (your options are "Gamer", "Advanced" and "Hardcore", no other variables like shadows, AA, texture detail, water detail, model detail and so on), Crysis 2 reeks of "consollification" and has been dumbed down. What a shame.
  90. Apr 2, 2011
    Metacritic's bar only goes to 10 what gives? This game is 100/10 it's THAT GOOD! I can't pull myself away from the PC and it's 5AM!! This is exactly like Crysis 1 which I adored, it's PURE IMMERSION. Of course I love stealth and this game suits me perfectly. I love a real tactical fight. You have to think and plan. Graphics perfect, Sound absurdly excellent! Engrossing experience I can'tMetacritic's bar only goes to 10 what gives? This game is 100/10 it's THAT GOOD! I can't pull myself away from the PC and it's 5AM!! This is exactly like Crysis 1 which I adored, it's PURE IMMERSION. Of course I love stealth and this game suits me perfectly. I love a real tactical fight. You have to think and plan. Graphics perfect, Sound absurdly excellent! Engrossing experience I can't put down. No frustration.

Graphics cranked to FULL extreme plays beautifully on my ZOTAC GTX 280 AMP Edition and using my World of Warcraft Wireless headset THX Surround!! NO LAG. NO problems just a STUNNING EXPERIENCE. How on earth can people complain about this game beggars belief. They must have either poor rigs or poor taste and eyesight because this game has EVERYTHING. But it's a tactical game not an all out shooter like Black Ops. I just finished Black ops and this is the REAL DEAL - GAME OF THE YEAR for ME.
  91. Apr 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Are you grateful to game makers for always well prepared games ? Forget about it in Multi Crysis 2. Game is perfect for cheaters and pirates ( they can play on original servers ). Want to help? Follow the three steps outlined on the film:

1) Sign up for a metacricic.com

2) Write a short review about Crysis 2 for pc and rate the game (in suggest grade 2)

3) Join our group!
  92. Apr 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Are you grateful to game makers for always well prepared games ? Forget about it in Multi Crysis 2. Game is perfect for cheaters and pirates ( they can play on original servers ). Join to our group on facebook and tell **** that players count too Expand
  93. Apr 2, 2011
    Crysis 2 is fantastic game.
    - Gameplay is very fun and deep.
    - Superb visuals and music.
    - Multiplayer is awesome.
    - Outstanding campaign.
    - 9-11 hours for campaign.
  94. Apr 2, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a hell of a game and is better than most fps shooters out there. The Biggest problem is the lack of care for the pc community and more care for the consoles. You see there is no DX11 , limited graphics options and it is a console port.

SINGLEPLAYER The Story is longer than most modern fps shooters and is immersing and fun. The New nanosuit is a good change from the first

SINGLEPLAYER

The Story is longer than most modern fps shooters and is immersing and fun.
    The New nanosuit is a good change from the first game and is a lot more fluid in combat as you can change the modes very quickly with the q or e buttons on your keyboard.It is approximately 15 to 20 hours long.
    The voice acting is very good and the faces of the people are impressively presented.
    The Graphics are brilliant but could be better with dx 11 and more graphical options as the only option are Gamer,Advanced and Extreme.

MULTIPLAYER

The Multiplayer of crysis 2 is excellent and is a lot better than the fps shooters out there today.There are approximately 50 unlocks including armour, stealth and power modules.There are probably alot more because of dog tags unlocks aswell.
    The Maps are well made and contain some good little extra hiding spots.
    The Biggest problem with multiplayer is that the servers dont work properly and so it takes a lot of time to get in a game there is a patch that has been said to come soon that will fix this problem.

OVERALL

Overall Crysis 2 is a Wicked game which has been brought down in rank because crytek decided to release for consoles so pc comes 3rd AGAIN.
    I hope there is a patch for DX 11 out soon but there is no real point of releasing it in a patch because some people are already halfway through.
    In my opinion there really should have had DX 11 at the release.
  95. Apr 1, 2011
    This is disappointingly another case of the console dumb down of a potentially great pc only sequel. The graphics, seemingly more detailed overall because of the vast increase in the number of useless objects on screen everywhere (a cheap trick to make your game not look so sparsely populated), are not very impressive where they need to be. Particularly with textures: in Crysis 1, theThis is disappointingly another case of the console dumb down of a potentially great pc only sequel. The graphics, seemingly more detailed overall because of the vast increase in the number of useless objects on screen everywhere (a cheap trick to make your game not look so sparsely populated), are not very impressive where they need to be. Particularly with textures: in Crysis 1, the textures looked amazing from any distance. Even from over a mile away in-game, mountains, trees, rocks, snow and ice looked like it was the appropriate texture resolution. It's about having the right amount of detail for the distance you are from the object. And up close, sometimes right up against the character, the textures did not pixelate. Crysis 2 on the other hand is underwhelming, with the vast open battlefields beautifully rendered in Crysis 1 completely absent. Textures are dull up-close and there isn't much detail in the distance. Buildings are usually the backdrop, and they just aren't all that interesting to look at. The physics which accentuated the visuals so well in the first game are nearly non-existent here. Shoot a rocket at a wall and it will remain without a scratch. Shoot a wall with bullets and you will only see the bullet hole texture for a few seconds. You can watch the texture for that disappear. Crysis 2 not only under-delivers on graphics but on the gameplay as well. The gameplay has been reduced to a very-linear shooter with a pathetically implemented on-the-fly cover system in an attempt to emulate modern warfare's style of shoving the player along with lots of stuff exploding. The developers also thought it would be a good idea to copy MW's hectic control events, adding in such useless segments as "click mouse 1 and 2 back and fourth to clime up/crawl". In an effort to cater to the masses, Crytek has also made the suit very limited and "easy" for people to use in the sequel. Instead of feeling like a real super soldier, the suit in the sequel has combined all the functions into simple actions. All the ledges are the same hight and it looks as if the environments were hand made for the suit's predetermined maximum jump. It makes you feel normal, whereas with the first game you really felt like you were jumping incredible heights. The speed mode is also decreased and it really just feels like a normal run in other games. Going on with bad design, they decided to take out any save function in this game, and go completely with a checkpoint system. Usually this is fine, but since battles tend to be very long, you wind up replaying a huge chunk of game if you make a minor mistake. And get ready for some long, boring battles. At least in Crysis 1, you had nano-suit equipped soldiers that were fun and interesting to deal with. In the sequel, they don't introduce the best enemy until the final minutes of the game - an alien capable of cloaking. Isn't it a no-brainer to have this kind of enemy throughout the game? I could go on, but the fact is if you hold Crysis 1 dear to the heart, you're likely going to be disappointed in this sloppy (yes there were a lot of bugs too) console-oriented pc shooter. Expand
  96. Apr 1, 2011
    Im so ashamed of this game. Its so dissapointing compared to its followers and it need serious improvments on there single player. I have no interest in the multipalyer although im sure its probably good.
  97. Apr 1, 2011
    The itself is good, however the there is no DX11 and the graphics is not as good as the original Crysis, which came out in 2007! Also, I miss the jungle...
  98. Apr 1, 2011
    Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.Well, /v/ has said it, this sucked hard, graphically.
  99. Apr 1, 2011
    Compared to Crysis 1 / warhead, Crysis 2 is a major disappointment . :(. The story dont match, scenery dont match, Terrible AI,, no advanced graphic option, no quick saves, no console, no sandbox. This is definitely console port :( . What happened to Helena, nomad and island? Crysis 2 would be a good game, if they name it somehow different. But believe me. Crysis is not crysis sequel. ItsCompared to Crysis 1 / warhead, Crysis 2 is a major disappointment . :(. The story dont match, scenery dont match, Terrible AI,, no advanced graphic option, no quick saves, no console, no sandbox. This is definitely console port :( . What happened to Helena, nomad and island? Crysis 2 would be a good game, if they name it somehow different. But believe me. Crysis is not crysis sequel. Its just a stupid console shooter. Expand
  100. Mar 31, 2011
    I totally agree with those ppl that gave this game an score of 5 points and the complains in those reviews. Crytek, seriously, if you wanted to release the game to consoles too,.. why the hell you didn`t do like Ubisoft and Ghost Recon advance Warfighter. one engine made specifically for the console versiona dn another for the PC version, even the games are different,..each one takingI totally agree with those ppl that gave this game an score of 5 points and the complains in those reviews. Crytek, seriously, if you wanted to release the game to consoles too,.. why the hell you didn`t do like Ubisoft and Ghost Recon advance Warfighter. one engine made specifically for the console versiona dn another for the PC version, even the games are different,..each one taking advantage for each system. Crysis 2 is not a bad game,is an excellent FPS if you just change the name,.. this is not the crysis i was expecting.. gimme back my money. Q_Q Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.