Crysis 2 PC

6.8

1. Dec 13, 2011
    Consolized graphics, unoriginal linear levels, clunky controls, boring plot, and aim assist O_o. This game is **** and I couldn't even force myself to finish it. Considering Crysis 1 is my all time favorite game, both SP and MP, I say shame on you Crytek for being a slut and selling out to consoles. Now you have joined the ranks of so many mediocre game developers.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    well i am disappointed by the game.graphics of the are definitely good but graphics are not everything.gameplay is totally average.type of enemies ,well u can count exactly(3-4) thats it.
    game is repititive throughout.while playing it just seems like any other first person shooter.
    the game is set in future but the weapons shown are not that advanced. To be straight the game lacks the
    the game is set in future but the weapons shown are not that advanced.
    To be straight the game lacks the fun element in it.
  3. Jan 28, 2013
    A good sequel. However I'm not really thrilled about the amount of urban warfare. It gets old playing in rubble hours after hours. But my biggest issue is with the saving system. Saving checkpoints suck. Especially after you've been working in an area for 10 minutes and get blown away. I'd like to start back up where I died, not at the beginning of the level. Characters are not exciting.A good sequel. However I'm not really thrilled about the amount of urban warfare. It gets old playing in rubble hours after hours. But my biggest issue is with the saving system. Saving checkpoints suck. Especially after you've been working in an area for 10 minutes and get blown away. I'd like to start back up where I died, not at the beginning of the level. Characters are not exciting. You are constantly moving around NY like a rat following the radio messages of people you don't see or know. Haven't found any bugs. But it doesn't feel like the first time I played Crysis 1 Expand
  4. Oct 12, 2013
    el multijugador es algo aceptable, pero el resto del juego no se acerca que lo que era el crysis original, bueno lo único que hay que decir es, que se espera de un juego que intenta copiar tendencias del call of duty.
  5. Nov 6, 2015
    The original Crysis was a solid, beautiful, and genuinely fun shooter. It had great combat, and the environment it was set in made it all the more fun. The interface was great, and menus were simple. Crysis 2 takes all of this away in favor of oversimplification. Your suit powers aren't as cool, and armor mode uses power, instead of just being your normal state. The enemies can spot youThe original Crysis was a solid, beautiful, and genuinely fun shooter. It had great combat, and the environment it was set in made it all the more fun. The interface was great, and menus were simple. Crysis 2 takes all of this away in favor of oversimplification. Your suit powers aren't as cool, and armor mode uses power, instead of just being your normal state. The enemies can spot you from a mile away, making stealth tedious and stupid. It's alright, I guess. Expand
  6. Dec 2, 2011
    The first Crysis was like the most beautiful girlfriend you ever had; she was beyond beautiful, way out of your league and very expensive to get the most out of. Over the years the relationship grew stale and you decided it was best to go on a break. A little time later you tried to reignite the spark, but only this time round she told you that she wanted an open-relationship and that notThe first Crysis was like the most beautiful girlfriend you ever had; she was beyond beautiful, way out of your league and very expensive to get the most out of. Over the years the relationship grew stale and you decided it was best to go on a break. A little time later you tried to reignite the spark, but only this time round she told you that she wanted an open-relationship and that not all her attention would be given to you. You went along with it, against your better judgement, and to make matters worse she'd become a really boring **** in bed. You held out hope, but her disinterest in her appearance really began to grate. A few months down the line she finally decided to patch herself up, but by then you hated who she'd become and you couldn't see the beauty you saw the first time round. It was over, and it didn't matter how hard you tried, whenever you turned her on she was unlikely to ever make you finish. Expand
  7. Mar 25, 2011
    As a casual shooter it's pretty good - there is a decent storyline, simple yet engaging gameplay, good looking locations, nice visuals and music score. But when you compare this game to it's predecessors - Crysis and Warhead - it's worse in every single way possible. I think what Crysis 2 needed was something like a Just Cause 2 style sandbox, not this! Gameplay is dumbed down, more aboutAs a casual shooter it's pretty good - there is a decent storyline, simple yet engaging gameplay, good looking locations, nice visuals and music score. But when you compare this game to it's predecessors - Crysis and Warhead - it's worse in every single way possible. I think what Crysis 2 needed was something like a Just Cause 2 style sandbox, not this! Gameplay is dumbed down, more about letting the nanosuit do the job for you than thinking or planning. And the thing that annoys me the most: graphics are WORSE than in Crysis. Crytek took over three years to tweak the cryengine and this is what they've come up with - worse visuals than before. Come on, this is ridiculous! Expand
  8. Mar 27, 2011
    This is game horrible as the Crysis 1. Plot is so stupid. So much thinks theft from other good games. AI is the most stupid I ever seen. 7 million copies? Haha, fat chance!
  9. Mar 24, 2011
    Crysis 2 takes everything good that Crysis had, like DirectX10 graphics, advanced graphics options, great customisability of controls, user made mods and levels, total game conversions, realistic weapons and reloads, a believable story, interesting characters and just throws it out the window. Crysis, 2011: DirectX 9, no mod tools, no advanced graphics options, poor controls, lackingCrysis 2 takes everything good that Crysis had, like DirectX10 graphics, advanced graphics options, great customisability of controls, user made mods and levels, total game conversions, realistic weapons and reloads, a believable story, interesting characters and just throws it out the window. Crysis, 2011: DirectX 9, no mod tools, no advanced graphics options, poor controls, lacking multiplayer.

There is a sever lack of bridging the story. the only thing Crysis 1 players will recognise is the Nanosuit, prophet, and strickland. Everything else has been thrown away. The dedicated speed and strength modes are gone, they have been merged into power mode. Sprinting in "speed" mode uses energy and doesn't make you go any faster. Armour mode is not the default mode, it must be activated.

The good things: Quadcore support. Thanks crytek, though it would have been better used in CryEngine 2. The original Crysis and Warhead games are ahead of Crysis 2, in terms of graphics and gameplay, as well as controls and multiplayer.

This is what happens when you go multi-platform. Everything is compromised to fit the lowest common denominator. Much like a computer, it will only ever be as good as the slowest component. The game can only be as good as the weakest platform allows it to be.

Your money will be better spent on other games. To those of you arguing over Crysis 2 or Battlefield 3, your money will be going to EA no matter which you choose.
  10. Mar 25, 2011
    I'm pretty disappointed. As so many people have commented before me, it just doesn't feel like Crysis anymore. The story is decent I guess, however the rest is pretty unimpressive and that includes the graphics, the music and just about everything else.

I'm not impressed Crytek. In my opinion you dropped the ball on this one, but oh well...
  11. Mar 31, 2011
    Disappointed in the graphics and the New York background is to close to reality where the original Crysis was on an Island where anything was possible. DX9 can still rip as the original showed. Dumbed down graphics to rush the game or because it's a port of the console games.
  12. Mar 31, 2011
    I totally agree with those ppl that gave this game an score of 5 points and the complains in those reviews. Crytek, seriously, if you wanted to release the game to consoles too,.. why the hell you didn`t do like Ubisoft and Ghost Recon advance Warfighter. one engine made specifically for the console versiona dn another for the PC version, even the games are different,..each one takingI totally agree with those ppl that gave this game an score of 5 points and the complains in those reviews. Crytek, seriously, if you wanted to release the game to consoles too,.. why the hell you didn`t do like Ubisoft and Ghost Recon advance Warfighter. one engine made specifically for the console versiona dn another for the PC version, even the games are different,..each one taking advantage for each system. Crysis 2 is not a bad game,is an excellent FPS if you just change the name,.. this is not the crysis i was expecting.. gimme back my money. Q_Q Expand
  13. Apr 9, 2011
    This is a console port....more evidence that the PC platform is being shunted!:( The 3D vision is strange on this game. It looks more like a 2D game displayed on a screen within your monitor....quite strange, but it explains why, even on a mediocre rig like mine, the 3D doesn't kill the frame rate.

Also, very very buggy! Enemies look like they're just standing in open space...then when you zoom to line up your sights...they're behind boxes or barriers??!!!! Not sure if this is a negative side affect of graphical settings?

Also, poor AI. You can kill an enemy...and wait for every other sucker in the vicinity to turn up culminating in a pile of bodies:(

The game itself is so so...nothing overly memorable, best enjoyed if rented or borrowed.
  14. Apr 21, 2011
    I don't like the game because it is primitive shooter, it doesn't provide any interesting features like Crysis 1 did, there is no fun to shoot very stupid enemies in corridors or small limited yards among bad textures.
  15. May 1, 2011
    May be it is not the level of CoD and far away from the best shooter of the present time but I really like it. Nice game design, but simple gameplay and story.
    So my score is 7 for the good view.
  16. May 28, 2014
    Crysis 2 is a good pc game .I am enjoying it .Options of this game are superb.
    ,but i find some difficulties in playing it. Mouse controls in crysis 2 are not better,when compared with crysis. No proper view. Graphics are ok ,but there is something mistake in it.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    New York in ruins, alien invasion and a hi-tech suit? Sounds like a typical B-movie. This time it's different – it's done with such perfection and enthusiasm that all FPSs can finally retire – either 2nd World War or modern. [Issue#203]
  2. May 18, 2011
    When we played Crysis 2 on the consoles, we honestly could have taken or left it. Only on the PC do we feel comfortable recommending and replaying Crytek's best game yet – and its first chance of matching technical prowess with good game design.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Crysis 2 meets and exceeds all my expectations as a sequel and a next-gen shooter.