Crysis 3 PC

6.6

1. Mar 2, 2013

Three points for having the most gorgeous graphics of any game ever.
  2. Mar 1, 2013
    Great graphics, and that's the only good element in this game. Boring linear gameplay, boring story, horrible AI, very short... Btw, next-gen shooter should not be only about graphics. Other elements are more important than graphics. Crysis 3 is big disappointment!!!
  3. Feb 24, 2013
    Boring rehash of Crysis 2, only 7 levels and just 4 main characters, a story that leads to a satisfying end but otherwise is a complete no-brainer. Maybe I was to fair with my initial rating, but that error has been rectified. At least I managed to get a refund on my retail disc.
  4. Feb 19, 2013
    Crysis 3 might as well be called Crysis 2 v 2.0; because that's really all it is. It's a re-skinned version of the second, and it plays almost the same. The gameplay is even further streamlined (casualized) from the second, and most of the environments, while pretty, are genuinely uninspired. The gameplay is easy, the AI somehow managed to be worse than Crysis 2's, and provide noCrysis 3 might as well be called Crysis 2 v 2.0; because that's really all it is. It's a re-skinned version of the second, and it plays almost the same. The gameplay is even further streamlined (casualized) from the second, and most of the environments, while pretty, are genuinely uninspired. The gameplay is easy, the AI somehow managed to be worse than Crysis 2's, and provide no challenge. Why some people even include the bow in their review is beyond me, as it is very much a superficial inclusion in some attempt to jump on to the "bow" bandwagon that is ever so popular in the present. With the toned down difficulty, the increased linearity of many sections of the game (not to say that all sections are linear), and the inability of the game to produce even a fractionally comprehensive narrative, it proves to be almost as weak of an entry in the series as Crysis 2. The only thing the game has going for it is the pretty graphics, but Crytek's continued notion that too much chromatic aberration is a good thing is quite off putting, as it feels mechanical and unreal (in a bad way). Overall, the press seems to be rating this game far higher than it should be, as it does nothing to progress the genre, and really just feels like a re-skin of the second. Expand
  5. Feb 21, 2013
    It's interesting to see how this game's defender reviews evolve over time. From simple "GRAPHICS, YEAAAH!", to shamefull "Oh, yeah, gameplay is amazing too!" And, of course, reflex dislike to "haters" reviews, without reading what is all about. There s only handfull of companies I respect, because they always uphold their reputation. Valve, Roxtar, Bethesda,... What reputation Crytek have?It's interesting to see how this game's defender reviews evolve over time. From simple "GRAPHICS, YEAAAH!", to shamefull "Oh, yeah, gameplay is amazing too!" And, of course, reflex dislike to "haters" reviews, without reading what is all about. There s only handfull of companies I respect, because they always uphold their reputation. Valve, Roxtar, Bethesda,... What reputation Crytek have? The most astonishing looking game ever? Check. You have it, but dont expect nothing more. Forcing graphics to the max and disregarding everything else formula couldnt work forever. I was telling this in 2007, even more in 2011, but no one listened. Simply, I was thinking ahead of time, but yet now others are awakeing. Crysis 3 got scores which Crysis 2 should have, and this one even lower. They should just make something like Unreal Tournament to promote engine, and sell it to someone who will know how to use it properly. Ancient F.E.A.R. ashames this game in terms of AI. Remember clones from it, always inteligently using cover, even if you catch them on open they will make it from something overturning furniture, or to block your way if you flank their cover, running backwards shooting at you... Eight years later, what disaster of AI is this Crytek? All resources went to graphics; AI, story, gameplay departements left to use handfull of change ment for buying toilet paper and printer catriges. Characters poking their faces in your nose to show how beautifully texturised they are, but that cant hide how hollow this game is. Expand
  6. Sep 9, 2016
    More like Crysis 2.5

Generally improved over Crysis 2, it is still a much worse game than the original Crysis in almost every way. Typical console FPS trash. The only good thing were the graphics. This is a tech demo and nothing more. The gameplay is bland and uninteresting. The story is forgetable. You will play this only for admiring the view and showcasing your hardware. Just
    More like Crysis 2.5

Just play the original Crysis if you want a good FPS. And install 3D mark if you want a good tech demo.
  7. Mar 3, 2013
    If this were a tech presentation of cryengine 3 the score would be 10/10 the engine is amazing.
    But since this is a game meant to be played and since I know they can create great game play(crysis 1) in SP and MP the score of crysis 3 is 0/10.
    Crysis 2 and 3 are abominations, everything that could go wrong with the game play went wrong and did not stop.It's a shame crytek stopped creating games but they did create an amazing engine so,hopefully someone will use it to create a good game.
  8. May 12, 2013
    The first Crysis was amazing and ground breaking. Sadly, anything good automatically spawns sequels, and like Hollywood, the sequels are generally rubbish. Vapid franchise (excluding the original).
  9. Mar 27, 2013
    Don't let the shiny graphic fool you. This is a very generic FPS with a story, crappy level design and stupid A.I. It's a technical achievement if your gaming rig can handle it on the highest setting but as a game, it isn't fun. Don't like the EA hype fool you. Everything associated with EA is pretty much guaranteed crap.
  10. Nov 13, 2013
    Boring. Upgrade system like Deus Ex, bad idea. Story is boring. Music is boring, did you even pay someone to develop music for your game, or did you just use "default shooter game music template"? Shooter aspect of the game is dull. I do however like Crysis 1 and 2.
  11. Feb 23, 2013
    It only supports DirectX 11 GPUs. That says enough, thank you Crytek. What kind of decision was it to not include the support for at least DirectX 10 GPUs? It is discrimination, and only the "elite" directx11 users can play the game. Crytek has just lost another fan.
  12. Feb 22, 2013
    Here are a couple of reasons Crytek is setting itself up for bankruptcy. First and foremost, lets talk about the game. I understand Crytek wanting to play it safe by not changing the formula of the game much, maybe they think "well if we changed it too much people may not like it anymore and it will be a flop. We will just add to the story and that should be enough to appease most people."Here are a couple of reasons Crytek is setting itself up for bankruptcy. First and foremost, lets talk about the game. I understand Crytek wanting to play it safe by not changing the formula of the game much, maybe they think "well if we changed it too much people may not like it anymore and it will be a flop. We will just add to the story and that should be enough to appease most people." From my understanding, Crysis 2 was already a flop, since they changed the formula and made Crysis into a generic average joe FPS. I'm not trying to compare Crysis 3 to the previous games, but it definitely shows how much more effort went to into making Crysis and Crysis Warhead compared to these two newer games. They justified it by saying because it was "console limitations," but why cater to consoles in the first place? one reason is because they probably wanted to make more profit by making the game more accessible to average joes. The other reason is because EA most likely forced them to ,under threats of being closed down, because they weren't profitable enough. It's really sad to see independent developers like Crytek get sucked in by corporate giants and milked for cash by corporate businessmen. They are probably like, "put this into the game because it attracts 12 year olds and put this other feature that a grandmother would like, oh and write the story this way because this is what most people like. We want to reach the broadest audience possible so we can maximize profit. And if you're game doesn't make the quota, you will be closed down and your assets liquidated for every dollar you were short." Ok, now to my second point, the graphics: we understand they want to maximize profit, so why in the world would they bloat up a game with the worse graphical effects, so almost no one is able to run it. Think about it. Why would someone buy a game they can't run...they probably won't once they hear this game is not even playable on a GTX680. Well one reason is they probably did so to make up for the failed game play and story line. No, that would probably make things even worse. Expand
  13. Mar 2, 2013
    EA must be feeling a lot of pain at this moment and I don't feel any bit sorry for them, there previous crysis is on steam but then they decided to bring all there games including crysis 3 over to their own drm witch is origin, imo the reason why they are doing this is because they wanna see if they can pull there customers around to whatever drm or platform they go to, so since there newEA must be feeling a lot of pain at this moment and I don't feel any bit sorry for them, there previous crysis is on steam but then they decided to bring all there games including crysis 3 over to their own drm witch is origin, imo the reason why they are doing this is because they wanna see if they can pull there customers around to whatever drm or platform they go to, so since there new games will now only be on origin, do not be surprised if EA goes to PS4 causes its just for the money.. EA screwed up big time on this and there gonna be slowly loosing fans... But this is the end for me... Goodbye EA, i thought you would have none better than to do somethin like this. Expand
  14. Feb 28, 2013
    This is my first review because i am the lazy kind. But the dissapointment crysis 3 left in me made me sign up to leave a review.

I litteraly LOVED the first crysis, the graphs were stunnings, the gameplay was intense nonstop, from the nanosuit to the tank to the V-TOL, the game never bored me and made me play the campain more than once, wich is rare for a game. But we are talking

But we are talking about crysis 3 here, god thing they went back to make some vegetation, where cry engine really do it's best to amaze players with decent computer. With rare frame drops on max settings, i was delighted by the graphics.

But the graphic are only a container, and the content itself, be it the game you play, left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Freedom is gone since crysis 2, you have to follow a specific path, dont think about going around your ennemies, you have to go trough (the long way around dosent exist anymore)

A.I is meh at best, the challenge was pretty much nonexistant. When you compare Cry 3 to the first one, the story is flat dead boring, we see that it was not a priority, wich is a shame, because they had a good beginning, the end, unfortunately, feels rushed and leaves no satisfaction.

Graphics were great
    weapons were so-so, the bow did not save the game from being average borderline bad
    story, no comments much better could have been done.

60$ for this is an absolute rip-off, the game did not last me 3 days i still have to give a try to the multiplayer, i will always miss the huge map from crysis 1 with all the vehicles...)

if you dont want to be dissapointed and wish to have a game worth your money, wait until the prices goes down, big time or you might regret your purchase wich im doing right now.
  15. Feb 27, 2013
    What can i say? Yes, the graphic is cutting edge, and it (FINALLY) beats Crysis1. Perfectly detailed hi poly models, ultra hires textures, nice vegetation, and not-so-corridor game play as we saw on C2 (but still extremely corridor compared to C1). It really feels that devs did not just port console version onto the PC as we saw it on C2. But that's all. I mean...Just how bad you can ruinWhat can i say? Yes, the graphic is cutting edge, and it (FINALLY) beats Crysis1. Perfectly detailed hi poly models, ultra hires textures, nice vegetation, and not-so-corridor game play as we saw on C2 (but still extremely corridor compared to C1). It really feels that devs did not just port console version onto the PC as we saw it on C2. But that's all. I mean...Just how bad you can ruin great original story of Crysis1? Well, just look at C2 and C3. Great story set in the near future was replaced by dull alien-fantasy soap opera. North Koreans were more believable than CELL soldiers. Story of crashed mysterious ancient alien ship buried in the mountain was more believable than Ceph. Nano suit was just hi tech armor with neat utilities, not "god-mode-on" suit that converts human to machine.... WTF Crytek?. Story of C1 compared to C2,3 is like Comparing Batman: The Dark Knight to Batman and Robin from 1997. Crysis 3 is nothing more but Crysis2 with great graphics. This is simply NOT CRYSIS I hope that we will see one day continue of TRUE CRYSIS story on the island with North Koreans and the mysterious alien ship buried in the mountain. NO CELL, NO dull CEPH. What happened to Nomad, Helena, Psycho and Prophet after the final aircraft carrier scene? How did prophet escaped aliens? How did he managed the alien weapon to work? What about naval fleet from Japan?. Pleas dear Crytek. Forget this "Crysis 2-3" nonsense and make TRUE CRYSIS sequel. The one with open world, sandbox gameplay and mature story. Now, what about ranking? Lets look: mediocre and "everyday" console shooter, with poor (ruined) story, very (VERY short gameplay with great graphics. No more than 4 points, sorry Expand
  16. Feb 23, 2013
    The good: It looks nice most of the time

The bad: Everything else First of all ignoring the fact that the only way to actually make this game look good and run well is by tweaking it using a cvar editor it is obvious in many places that little to no thought went into the design of Crysis 3. It is essentially just Crysis 2 all over again but this time with some greenery. The sound
    The good: It looks nice most of the time

The bad: Everything else

The sound engine is awful, guns/explosions make less noise than the incessant blabbering of enemy soldiers for example who just will not ever shut the up.
    Speaking of, the AI is once again completely dumb beyond belief and stealth either is extremely overpowered to the point of making any fight trivial or completely ineffectual because enemies have magic insta-detection.
    The story is a jumbled mess, no one says or does anything that makes a lick of sense and the overarching plot is just a mish-mash of bad ideas that only serve the purpose of getitng you from setpiece A to setpiece B.

The worst part about this game however is the gameplay, nevermind the pointless and frustrating delays in jumping, switching weapons or looking down the sights the controls themselves add a great deal of frustration to the experience. Why for example can you not map each of your weapons to a key? something so basic as this is simply not possible in Crysis 3. I GUESS GAMEPADS DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH BUTTONS THEN?
    Then there's the fact that gameplay is often and regularly broken up by obligatory "hacking" minigames, and should you be bold enough to choose not to put up with that then have fun wasting half of your ammo reserves to take out a turret. Oh and naturally shot placement doesn't matter for so you can't just shoot the thing in the optics unit and be done with it. When the biggest challenges in your game is killing static turrets or throwing a grenade through an open doorway (an impossible task) you've got issues.
    And if it's not the hacking minigames breaking up the experience it's the game itself that removes control of your character so it can hold your hand it show you all the cool Cryengine 3 can do.

All of this just kept adding up until I'd had enough and nearing the end of the game I came to the realization I just wasn't having fun.

So I uninstalled this piece of
  17. Mar 3, 2013
    only good at graphic and multiplayer
    story and fluently is gone now.
    what happen of crytek?
    their ideas are empty? this games playtime is just 4hours.
    it's shorter than penumbra and as to the moon as
    what a pity money to buy this..
  18. Feb 24, 2013
    The main question is: what the hell is wrong with Crytek? Crysis 3 is nothing but a terrible game. It's not even next-gen, if you consider all technical aspects. Why? AI is atrocious. The game is uninspiring with cliche characters, illusional sand-box and only pretty environments which serve no actual purpose. It's like a candy eat it and forget it. Juicy graphics+physics doesn't help aThe main question is: what the hell is wrong with Crytek? Crysis 3 is nothing but a terrible game. It's not even next-gen, if you consider all technical aspects. Why? AI is atrocious. The game is uninspiring with cliche characters, illusional sand-box and only pretty environments which serve no actual purpose. It's like a candy eat it and forget it. Juicy graphics+physics doesn't help a game with worst gameplay design decisions I've seen in a while. Crysis 3 is undoubtly the worst game in the series. If you actually care about the games industry and its future, ignore this game completely. There are much better developers which deliver in fantastic quality. CD Projekt RED, for instance. Expand
  19. Mar 7, 2013
    Campaign was just over six hours. I basically just walked through the whole game in stealth, it was so boring and un-engaging. The story was supposed to be psychological but I seriously had no emotional response to it. There were way too many cut-scenes that left me wondering, "Why am I not controlling my character right now?" FFS, the majority of the endgame is comprised of QuickTimeCampaign was just over six hours. I basically just walked through the whole game in stealth, it was so boring and un-engaging. The story was supposed to be psychological but I seriously had no emotional response to it. There were way too many cut-scenes that left me wondering, "Why am I not controlling my character right now?" FFS, the majority of the endgame is comprised of QuickTime events. Focus on multi-player is a cop-out. Mutli-player means that developers get to stop working after the levels are built and they expect the customer to create their own sense of immersion. F that. Some 12-year-old d!p$#!t crying on team-speak does not help create atmosphere. If all I want to do is "compete", I'll play Call of Duty (which will never happen). I bought Crysis for the story and SciFi setting. The story and single-player campaign deserved more attention. Same price as previous titles, a lot less content and a whole lot more Hollywood. Thumbs down. This was a linear, boring, waste of money. Three points for having the most gorgeous graphics of any game ever. Expand
  20. Nov 25, 2014
    It looks great, it plays great, still it is one of the most annoying game ever to come out on pc. The checkpoint system kills the fun. You don't want to discover, you don't want to experiment or have fun, you just want to survive so you don't have to replay 10-15 minutes again. Like a f.kin Groundhog day...
    It is not a miracle that with games like this Crytek is ruining itself.
  21. Feb 24, 2013
    Crysis 2.2 should have been the name. As the second game i will probably have problem to finish it. Gameplay is boring, IA are dumb even at the hardest level of "difficulty". Crysis 2.0 reskinned.... shame on you Crytek!
  22. Feb 26, 2013
    I'm really disappointed by the fourth Crysis. After playing Farcry 3 Crysis's level are feeling to constrictive. The rest was all done before in better ways. Graphically Crysis 3 is the ubergame but the remaining shooter is nothing more than standard. )o:
  23. Jun 25, 2015
    Crysis 3 is a perfect example of great graphics not making a great video game. This game is so boring I can hardly put it into words. Graphics: 10/10. Everything else: -11/10. I can't give this pile of dump a negative score so it gets a 0. More functional as a screen saver.
  24. Jul 27, 2014
    Years after release i gave Crysis 3 a try after this disaster in Crysis 2. But it seems they learned nothing! The only thing in what this game is any good are the graphics. Beside of that most of the time i receive (Crysis 3 is not working anymore...) WTF? My hardware is fine, no overheating etc. and works with every other game. After some research i found out that a lot of people areYears after release i gave Crysis 3 a try after this disaster in Crysis 2. But it seems they learned nothing! The only thing in what this game is any good are the graphics. Beside of that most of the time i receive (Crysis 3 is not working anymore...) WTF? My hardware is fine, no overheating etc. and works with every other game. After some research i found out that a lot of people are having the same problems. So what is this BETA version all about? Then i continued playing. Some kind of hunter kicked my ass and i was flying through the ground deeper and deeper till everything around was white and the level was like 2 km above me??! LOL Srsly? Such bugs years after the release? Sorry but i stopped playing at this point. This game is not even worth 5 bucks. Expand
  25. Feb 23, 2013
    The games visuals are top notch like always but it feels to similar to crysis 2. I've really enjoyed the original Crysis but it doesn't have that extra thing that makes the game series special. For me the multiplayer was average and for no reason I felt like playing a call of duty.
  26. May 29, 2013
    Oh Crysis how sadly you have fallen! I loved Far Cry as one of my all time favorite games. I also really enjoyed Crysis 1. When Crysis 2 released you could really start to see the shift Crytek was starting to make. I don't know if this was for the console market appeal or because EA "helped" with their decision. It greatly saddens me to say this will be the last Crysis game I willOh Crysis how sadly you have fallen! I loved Far Cry as one of my all time favorite games. I also really enjoyed Crysis 1. When Crysis 2 released you could really start to see the shift Crytek was starting to make. I don't know if this was for the console market appeal or because EA "helped" with their decision. It greatly saddens me to say this will be the last Crysis game I will ever buy or play! I totally understand why people are irked about: 1) linear play 2) it's is dumbed down it's laughable to compare Crysis 3 with the original Crysis and compare the controls 3) quick time events (QTE) I honestly couldn't believe it when this popped happened in the game 4) A never ending story that drones on and on while being so ridiculous that it gets old fast and you just don't care anymore.

I really do enjoy open world sand box games as my favorite genre. I will always be disappointed that Rockstar did not bring Red Dead Redemption to the PC. This leaves with my favorite two standouts 1) Ubisoft with Far Cry (which also adopted QTE oh the maddness) and 2) Avalanche Studios with Just Cause. Let us hope Just Cause 3 releases this year and doesn't have QTEs!!!
  27. Mar 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A polished, shiny shooter with a big, smelly core. Crysis 3 is the first game I can officially call a "Shiny turd": It looks good and that is honestly the only positive thing I can say about it. And as we know, graphics account for about 10-20% of a game so good job ruining yet another franchise, EA. For the bad parts (Which is everything but graphics) involve a clumsy AI, overly recoil-happy weapons, confusing yet somehow linear map-design, the story manages to be bland and without taste which is a surprise looking at the previous games and the protagonist does not have any personality. Instead, you are being spoon-fed side-characters to fill out that slot which gets very apparent at the beginning of the game when you get locked into a small room with a screen and having your butt-buddy "Psycho" get angry at an image of having his suit taken away and pretending to be technical by tapping at the keyboard for god knows how long just after you cleaned out an entire ship of enemies which not only ruins the pacing of the game but makes any attempts of character development seem incredibly forced which can be quite a deal-breaker considering the game doesn't know how to integrate story and game-play, leaving 50% of the experience easily achieved on Youtube in Cutscene videos and the other 50% to be experienced in Crysis1/2, MUCH BETTER GAMES. But at the end of the day, EA is a company filled to the bring with greedy retards and greedy retard products is what they will give out. I went in playin Crysis 3 with no expectations and I was not surprised. Expand
  28. May 20, 2013
    Disclaimer: First off, I'm sorry if you disagree with this review or what I find fun in a video game. That being said, this is my review and what I think.
    At it's best this game is nothing more than a movie roller coaster. There is virtually no significant interaction you have with the game. It almost play's itself, except to surprise kill you from time to time to give it a challenging feel. I found myself constantly screaming at the game because the action is soooo frustrating. You are better off getting lucky in Crysis 3 nine out of ten encounters. Forget planning a strategy, because your suit always seems to run out of energy before you can execute a plan. You also can be completely behind a wall that you entered behind in stealth mode. If you de-stealth to recharge immediately every enemy on the map is firing on you. It is sooo incredibly unsatisfying and 2 dimensional. So I found myself just playing in a combo of run through the game in stealth mode, except when unnecessary armor mode. Either way the action never felt satisfying. Honestly I would have been just as happy playing the campaign mode as watching a movie. Because having to control your character just makes you feel helpless as they made it.

The positive that keeps this from being a 1 star review. Hey the game looks amazing on the PC. It's cinematic moments are great to look at. This just isn't enough. Wasting your dev budget on prescript-ed movie watching time is just not why I play games. Also the Crysis series gets shorter and shorter every version, which is an alarming trend.
  29. Mar 6, 2013
    Nice graphics.... nice game but my biggest gripe with this game is the constant 1-2 bar connection whilst playing MP. I shoot someone with their back to me..... and nothing, constant insta kills from the enemy, whole clip from me and the enemy doesn't go down!! Same ole same ole.... There are serious connection issues and online lag with this game. If they sort this out I'd be happy andNice graphics.... nice game but my biggest gripe with this game is the constant 1-2 bar connection whilst playing MP. I shoot someone with their back to me..... and nothing, constant insta kills from the enemy, whole clip from me and the enemy doesn't go down!! Same ole same ole.... There are serious connection issues and online lag with this game. If they sort this out I'd be happy and up the score... but I doubt they will, seems though, just now only 700 people worldwide were playing online! Expand
  30. Mar 15, 2013
    Good Graph, Good single player poor multiplayer, i will say Crysis 3 the game for noobs, bad filters, and bad security, i played some hours and i found many players with aimbot or speedhack, the vote kick system dont work, not punkbuster, then is more of the same.
  31. Mar 12, 2013
    All of the 4 points of this review goes to the really impressive graphics, because the general gameplay and the campaign's plot are A PIECE OF CRAP. I was expecting for this game to come back to it's roots, but no, they decided to insist in the same crap. This is the biggest disappointment of this year. I had much more fun playing Aliens Colonial Marines, and this is really not a joke.
  32. Mar 14, 2013
    Beautiful Engine the best of the best, but Crappy MP and SP (Can some company can made a real and decent game) The company's of today only focus on make easy money and not a good story line, like the old times. sad same trash year after year :´(
    Please EA pay a real novelist or movie producer but do something.
  33. Mar 2, 2013
    Crysis 3 did try and move back towards what it lost when they made the sequel to the original. The environments are bigger yes, but you do the exact same thing over and over again (shoot brain dead drones). In the original you got to drive tanks, APC'c, fly v-tols etc. and actually use stealth. Not in this one, to be fair the second game was missing this as well. You get to drive maybe aCrysis 3 did try and move back towards what it lost when they made the sequel to the original. The environments are bigger yes, but you do the exact same thing over and over again (shoot brain dead drones). In the original you got to drive tanks, APC'c, fly v-tols etc. and actually use stealth. Not in this one, to be fair the second game was missing this as well. You get to drive maybe a few dune buggies and observe while someone else does what would have been a highlight in the game, the only flying section which is completely on rails. Crysis has been made easier throughout the series and this one is no different. The AI is predictable and the only difference in difficulty boils down to how many bullets the enemy can soak up before they finally drop (10 shots to the chest of a human from an assault rifle! come on now). To sum up. The only two improvements I have observed in this game are bigger environments and the ability (sometimes) tackle objectives in a different order but neither of these two things means anything when you keep shooting enemies that look identical save a few exceptions. Expand
  34. Jun 21, 2013
    GP 2
    Sound 4.25
    Longevity 3.75

Avg. 3.15

Bad game. Performances suck, as well as the graphics and the plot. Unplayable on most devices.
  35. Mar 7, 2013
    I won't even bother going into the Story aspects of Crysis 3 because they are, like COD/Battlefield, non-existent. The rest of the game, like the last two, is mainly just built to be a Benchmark Tester. Which is disappointing because I'm not entirely sure what they did since Crysis 1 to make it taxing on our Systems now, but C3 honestly doesn't look much better then C1. The main noticeableI won't even bother going into the Story aspects of Crysis 3 because they are, like COD/Battlefield, non-existent. The rest of the game, like the last two, is mainly just built to be a Benchmark Tester. Which is disappointing because I'm not entirely sure what they did since Crysis 1 to make it taxing on our Systems now, but C3 honestly doesn't look much better then C1. The main noticeable improvement is in characters; Faces and general textures have improved, but having some of the best looking faces ever in Video Games doesn't really help when you don't give a crap about the person behind the Graphics. I could barely notice any improvements in the environment graphics and the environments themselves actually felt lackluster in comparison to C1 and even C2. The gameplay remains exactly the same as C2, which in turn was basically exactly the same as C1. Thankfully it's a little more involved then COD or BF's combat, but now that we're up to the third installment, it's getting boring. That's about it for Crysis 3, apart from a Benchmark Tester the game's Singleplayer story is extremely lackluster and is over before you blink anyway. Crysis 3 is definitely the worst installment of the current Trilogy and frankly with Crytek's latest statements about planning to not ever have Offline Singleplayer again, they're definitely another company on the "EA Roster" to throw away. Expand
  36. Feb 27, 2013
    I'll do this fast
    1. Didnt like the engine.
    2. Didnt like the gameplay 3. Didnt like the graphics the way you play with the character is just boring. Its the first crysis game I play and i set the difficulty level to "supersoldier" and still raped everyone in the first levels. even in the mission where i had to use a crossbow i just finished all the enemies with the melee button.
    I'll do this fast
    1. Didnt like the engine.
    2. Didnt like the gameplay
    3. Didnt like the graphics
    the way you play with the character is just boring.
    well I used the melee button more then i used my gun.

But hey, this is my opinion.
  37. Mar 5, 2013
    If you're tired of 3D, you're tired of life.

If you're tired of 3D, you're tired of life.

I'd like to review this game from the perspective of 3D monitor support. The 3D Vision support is awful. They opted to use 2.5D, like with Crysis 2. This is unacceptable. The difference is like looking at layers of a painting moving over one another, and **being there**. True 3D is incomparably better. If you've never experienced it, you are truly missing out (cerain (older?) gamers' grumbles notwithstanding). It's like gaming in color for the first time. I played games, once, on a black and white television. I moved to colour, and I'd never go back. Likewise, playing in 2D seems lacking equally lacking.

Leave in the 2.5D compromise, for those who can't run true 3D, but allow gamers to run true 3D. The lack of true 3D support makes a joke this game's efforts to be "cutting-edge". I'm sure some grossly incompetent executive(s) made the decision. Such an oversight breaks the game, for those connoisseurs who care. (Or so I'd like to say. For me, lack of true 3D is so obvious it hurts, and I don't know why others .)

I generally don't buy games that fail to support 3D properly, and if you have a 3D monitor (and good stereoscopic vision), you shouldn't, either. I made a mistake with this game.
  38. Mar 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 3 is definitely a bad game with a poor gameplay and a poor story. The game doesnt even support direct x 11, and doesnt support directx 10. The campaign is also too short, expect only a few hours of gameplay. Last but not least, the multiplayers servers are almost empty. Expand
  39. Mar 5, 2013
    Crytek managed to destroy everything good on Crysis games. As well as Crysis 2 this is no more the same game. Crysis and Crysis warhead are one of the best games ever created, but this one is not the case. Looks are not all.
  40. Mar 23, 2013
    It is pretty, unfortunately that is all it is... It feels more like a tech demo than a game. 60 bucks for this; and its over in 4 hours. I tried the multi-player for a bit and its clearly yet another call of duty clone. Save your money... go buy something good.
  41. Jun 7, 2013
    Maximum Game, Ummm, not this version. Maximum Profit, Ummm, sounds about rights. Game feels like a console port to me. I finished the campaign in 6.5 hours. Very short. Thank god I didn't pay for the game. Logged in using a friend of a friends Origin account and downloaded and played it. This is a 10 dollar dollar game at best. I hate ported console games. If you can get it for free or forMaximum Game, Ummm, not this version. Maximum Profit, Ummm, sounds about rights. Game feels like a console port to me. I finished the campaign in 6.5 hours. Very short. Thank god I didn't pay for the game. Logged in using a friend of a friends Origin account and downloaded and played it. This is a 10 dollar dollar game at best. I hate ported console games. If you can get it for free or for 10 bucks, it's definitely worth it Expand
  42. May 3, 2013
    NO just no. unoptimized engine no matter the settings, boring story, annoying enemies, crappy weapons. I think this is more of a tech demo than anything else. Never should of been made.
  43. Dec 22, 2016
    The game is junk, AI is dumb, no Quick Save, CheckPoint saves Yuk, the game is soo boring, It felt more like TechDemo then game, also very short. Honestly felt like B Grade First Person Game. The Graphics look Nice, but it has nothing else to offer. Crysis 1 and WarHead are the only games that deserve Crysis name, Crysis 2 and 3 were just junk. Clear waste of my money, which was only 5The game is junk, AI is dumb, no Quick Save, CheckPoint saves Yuk, the game is soo boring, It felt more like TechDemo then game, also very short. Honestly felt like B Grade First Person Game. The Graphics look Nice, but it has nothing else to offer. Crysis 1 and WarHead are the only games that deserve Crysis name, Crysis 2 and 3 were just junk. Clear waste of my money, which was only 5 Dollars and a waste of my Life. I just couldn't wait for it to finish. Expand
  44. Nov 1, 2016
    only thing good about this game would be the graphics, story and gameplay utterly is shiet. wasted time and money vggffgfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgsfgsdfgsdfgsdfgsdfgsdfgdsfgdasdfnjksdhfgjksdfhfgjhsdfjgfhsdfjkfghsdjhifhjhksdbfhjdsfhjdsfhjsdhbfjhksdhghfjsdbghjfdbshjfbsdhjfbhjdsbfhjsdbfhjsdbfhdsbhfjsdbhjfsbdhjfbshjf
  45. Jun 3, 2014
    Graphics, FPS combat, and very little game play elements kept this game afloat for me but that will only get your so far. Story line has been brutally murdered and torn apart for god knows what reason.
  46. Sep 30, 2014
    What happened with the crysis series? Freedom, vehicles, physics, awesome gun play, crazy graphics, cool story, none of this is seen in crysis 3. Yes, the graphics are good but I find the graphics in Crysis 1 A LOT better. I guess that's because it was made for PC originally and not for ps3/xbox360. That's why it all went downhill. The first game was far more interesting, story andWhat happened with the crysis series? Freedom, vehicles, physics, awesome gun play, crazy graphics, cool story, none of this is seen in crysis 3. Yes, the graphics are good but I find the graphics in Crysis 1 A LOT better. I guess that's because it was made for PC originally and not for ps3/xbox360. That's why it all went downhill. The first game was far more interesting, story and gameplay wise. It's just sad to see the series being flushed down the toilet... I know I did with my copy, well I wanted to do it but that would mess up my toilet, crysis 3 is just not worth that. Anyhow, I'll be playing Crysis and Crysis WARHEAD for the forth time and never this silly game. The first crysis is truly amazing on max graphics.. wow, just wow. Crysis 3 = 1/10 score. Bye forever! Expand
  47. Dec 15, 2013
    The only thing this turd has going for it is the graphics, and all the mouth breathers get really excited about graphics, but gameplay trumps graphics all day long and this supposed "open environment" (which are still terribly small, but hey, that's all the consoles can handle)basically still equates to just another corridor console port. They could only squeeze 6 hours of campaign ontoThe only thing this turd has going for it is the graphics, and all the mouth breathers get really excited about graphics, but gameplay trumps graphics all day long and this supposed "open environment" (which are still terribly small, but hey, that's all the consoles can handle)basically still equates to just another corridor console port. They could only squeeze 6 hours of campaign onto the console disc, and that's taking your time. Crysis 1 and Warhead are still superior in every way. Expand
  48. PHJ
    Jan 30, 2014
    Why this game still a game and not a Benchmark Software? I mean, the Crysis 1 and 2 was good, but actually the History is boring, the gameplay is Ok and the Graphics is one of the best in the world, so the game is toooooo unbalanceaded, I don't recomend!
  49. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OK, the positives: C3 is VERY pretty on a good machine. Now I start to struggle....the guns sound ok, the grass is very wavy....errr....that's it.
    So, on to the negatives:
    It like to pretend it is open world, only it is so on the rails it makes my local train line look free roaming. It is more like an 'open sided corridor shooter'.
    The enemy AI knowing precisely where you are and what you did to kill the enemy soldier who was totally out of sight of his friends. Shoot the guy in the head with a bow, while he is behind the big stack of boxes, and another enemy, half a map away, shouts out 'he is using arrows' and starts shooting right at you.
    The enemy throwing their grenades like a world darts champion, right at your feet. Your guy manages to throw like someone who has had their motor centers disrupted by a .357 round. Also, let's not forget, the enemy seem to know the nanosecond you throw a grenade and all leg it.....do they ALL wear nano suit visors?
    The bullet sponge aliens.
    Psycho being more annoying than a crying baby on a plane.
    Rebinding interaction to any other key breaks hacking....well, breaks the successful hack actually working.....know what door I am talking about?
    The cut scenes. Oh, the cut scenes.
    The oh-so-scripted 'hud disabled' bits where you have to play the way some script writer wanted....why can't i complete a mission the way I want to. Maybe I have some off-the-wall ideas that might work....but no, you WILL play this bit THIS way....
    It gets a 4/10 for looking pretty and I am thankful it was in a sale for £10....not too much money wasted there, then...
  50. Oct 15, 2014
    so the most effective way to complete the game is just walk around in stealth.. shooting is actually quite boring.. and the "emotional" storyline.. give me a break. got too bored after ceph came on and was forced to go around in a buggy.
  51. Apr 13, 2017
    What a turd of a game. Horrible to play, dialogue is terrible. What is the point of stealth in this game? Never works anyway seeing as the A.I. can see you though walls. This game is a waste of time

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 10, 2013
    You are an enhanced super-soldier, the ultimate killing machine developed through nanotechnology, and that fact is fleshed out during gameplay- you can do all the things that you would expect you could do. [April 2013]
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    While it is technically the best version of Crysis out there, it is really only a slightly better version of Crysis 2’s mechanics and graphics. Because of that, Crysis 3 feels more like an expansion pack to Crysis 2 than a true sequel and more than likely not worth your time.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Mar 30, 2013
    A series we're glad to see come to a close. But if you like games with HEAPS of graphics, or for the multiplayer. [Apr 2013, p.82]