Dark Messiah of Might and Magic PC

8.7

1. TommyH.
    Jul 10, 2007
    Great game! BUt the indoor-levels are *****, they are like a maze ~ but the online-mode is wonderful.
  2. RichardM.
    Jan 20, 2008
    Its a fun game, with a really good story. Just make sure your computer can handle it and you installed it right with steam, otherwise its a headache to try to play.
  3. VasilliosS.
    Dec 19, 2006
    This game brought to me the excitement of swashbucling on a level I've never expirienced before. This is the first might might and magic game I have bought and I know nothing about the franchize but I LOVE THE GAMEPLAY,GOOD JOB!!
  4. Boglito
    Oct 28, 2006
    Incredibly beautiful implementation of the source engine. Swordplay is absolutely ace. Best in any game ever. Either way you choose to dispatch of your advesaries; the end result is always satisfactory. A couple of bugs? Yes. A truckload of awesome? Indeed.
  5. AndreCosta
    Oct 30, 2007
    Excellent, and I mean really excellent game. Great ambiance, excellent skills to develop, excellent graphics... Storyline is very very good. 10/10
  6. SneakyS.
    Jan 4, 2007
    This game is briliant. The singleplayer is so cool that I played it over and over again. There is always another way to replay this game because of all the skills. The multiplayer is also extremly good. Its fun and original because of all the different classes. Not many games ar worth it to buy for about 50 dollars/euro's, but this game is. After 1.2 the mp was better to play because This game is briliant. The singleplayer is so cool that I played it over and over again. There is always another way to replay this game because of all the skills. The multiplayer is also extremly good. Its fun and original because of all the different classes. Not many games ar worth it to buy for about 50 dollars/euro's, but this game is. After 1.2 the mp was better to play because of the too high detailed maps. 10/10 (never seen better). Expand
  7. KatOne
    Mar 22, 2007
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was already from the start a very creative and visually satisfying game. The extreme diversity of activities throughout the game keeps it from becoming repetitive. The skill system also adds yet another dimension. However, when i first played it (the MINUTE it was released i started playing) i noticed that Dark Messiah of Might and Magic probably was just Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was already from the start a very creative and visually satisfying game. The extreme diversity of activities throughout the game keeps it from becoming repetitive. The skill system also adds yet another dimension. However, when i first played it (the MINUTE it was released i started playing) i noticed that Dark Messiah of Might and Magic probably was just about the buggiest game i have ever played, and furthermore probably one of the buggiest release titles ever in gaming history. In about 8 hours i had completed the campaign twice, and i must say that in the end the glass felt half-full rather than half-empty. There simply is so much to see in it. Now, a few months later, the game has gone from the buggiest game ever to the most updated game ever. The update log is the size of the bible! And the bugs HAVE been fixed, the flow is surpreme and the multiplayer is IMMENSE. Playing the game now is like playing an entirely new game, compared to playing it release day. So as much as the lower ratings here were very much justified RELEASE DAY, they are not justified here. The low ratings have expired, and the metaphorical Stamina and Mana of Might and Magic has just about finished regenerating. Buy it TODAY! Expand
  8. AlexM.
    May 6, 2007
    Awsome story, graphics and atmospher. It grabs you by the arms and throws you into a world were dieing is not an option. Briliant!
  9. AnonymousMC
    Jun 28, 2007
    Minor problems and bugs cannot hide this game's brilliance. I was kind of disappointed at the beginning to the point of almost abandoning it but then it really grew on me. The hand to hand combat system and body awareness combined with Source's physics engine creates a really unique experience where you can feel the blows you deal and the hits you take from enemies as much as aMinor problems and bugs cannot hide this game's brilliance. I was kind of disappointed at the beginning to the point of almost abandoning it but then it really grew on me. The hand to hand combat system and body awareness combined with Source's physics engine creates a really unique experience where you can feel the blows you deal and the hits you take from enemies as much as a game can convey. And it gets 10/10 because it has catacombs. I love games with spooky tombs and traps ... :) Expand
  10. AxelD.
    Jul 5, 2007
    I think this is one of the best games i have played in all my time on this earth...i love games...ive made them my life, career, and everyday life...but this is still close to my 1st favorite game...the only problem i had with this game is a cooperative aspect of the game...this is why i am so excited to play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements...but other then this minor flaw I think this is one of the best games i have played in all my time on this earth...i love games...ive made them my life, career, and everyday life...but this is still close to my 1st favorite game...the only problem i had with this game is a cooperative aspect of the game...this is why i am so excited to play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements...but other then this minor flaw because of major time needed to program cooperative play I both respect and hope to work with Ubisoft. Expand
  11. JamesS.
    Sep 7, 2007
    10-no doubt about it, one of the best games i have ever played- dunno where everyone is getting these crash problems, because it never happened with me, uber gfx, great storyline and the AI is fantastic!!
  12. MikeN.
    Jul 1, 2008
    This game was incredible. The story is simple, and the action is great. With realistic physics and detailed graphics, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic keeps me wanting more! A must have for most people, and an absolute must have for fans of the source engine.
  13. PaulM
    Mar 19, 2009
    This game is amazing. The storyline is fulfilling and addictive to the last moment. I couldn't get enough of the combat. There's multiple ways to execute people just by moving a slightly different way. Dark Messiah definitely has the best graphics of any game made in 2006, and I can play the multiplayer all night long. The gore in the game was at a perfect level; there This game is amazing. The storyline is fulfilling and addictive to the last moment. I couldn't get enough of the combat. There's multiple ways to execute people just by moving a slightly different way. Dark Messiah definitely has the best graphics of any game made in 2006, and I can play the multiplayer all night long. The gore in the game was at a perfect level; there wasn't too much, but it wasn't like playing a child's game. I highly recommend you add this game to your collection. Expand
  14. JoshD.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Great game after the patch has been released. Bad launch but it all worked out in the end.
  15. Captain
    Dec 16, 2006
    Wow! This game is so lot of fun. Its in style a mix of Riddick and Half-Life. The grafix are hot - only textures looks sometimes bad. The most interessting aspect is the feeling to be in a body. U see your body. In different acts and actions your body was shocke, thrown, hit,... U can sometimes think its your. Amazing. The gameplay is simple - and complex. Simple as the standard Wow! This game is so lot of fun. Its in style a mix of Riddick and Half-Life. The grafix are hot - only textures looks sometimes bad. The most interessting aspect is the feeling to be in a body. U see your body. In different acts and actions your body was shocke, thrown, hit,... U can sometimes think its your. Amazing. The gameplay is simple - and complex. Simple as the standard useability of a short and complex in power-up your character. The hunt for new skillpoints and items is sometimes like a blizzard game. But-i´ve started the game with skills on the warrior- want to know how it´s running as a wizzard with all the cool spells (Shrinking - last seen at Duke 3D lat millenium ;-). This game is hot - Its not a "Once-played-shooter". Purchase it - Play it - Play again - Play again - have fun this time. I´ve wait for an expension !!! Expand
  16. Scott
    Oct 25, 2006
    Dark Messiah has amazing graphics and incredible gameplay. I absolutely love how they integrated RPG with first person combat. The physics and HDR are magnificent.
  17. JohnL.
    Oct 26, 2006
    Best action rpg out on any system and doesn't require a super computer to have everything enabled. Best sword combat system I have ever seen. Nothing comes close.
  18. JosephRamos
    Nov 5, 2007
    One of the best game I ever played.
  19. Shach
    Jan 19, 2007
    Little old but VERY "playable" engine and the best battle in FPS with THE BEST reality and REALY interesting scenario.
  20. MichaelE.
    Jan 27, 2007
    Sweeet game, great graphics + scenery. Combat IS THE BEST.
  21. NateK.
    Mar 24, 2007
    Okay well. This game I've discovered did have a terrible opening launch.. BUT from all the updates if you have steam to update the game its perfectly fine.... also, DO NOT listen to what anybody has said on this game, its by far the biggest mixed game review game I have seen in years.... so I say let it drop to 20-30$ then get it so you know your not blowing big cash.
  22. Anonymous
    Mar 4, 2007
    I haven't played through the whole game yet, but I can tell you that I have enjoyed what I have seen so fare. I usually don't play fist person shooters. I'm more of an RTS and RPG kind of guy. The AI in this game is the best I've seen for a FPS.
  23. TaylorG.
    May 11, 2007
    I loved the blood sprayin' everywhere! I love it when my fire sword sets them on fire as I impale them. Despite its bugs,the combat system is excellent and the enemies are fun to fught and kick off a ledge or into something.The graphics also really stand out.awesome game.
  24. RomanR.
    Jun 3, 2007
    I've been looking for a 3d-action style game with character build-up system in place for a long time. Not only does this game have multitude of weapons and combat styles to choose from, this game has great replayability, as the character development system allows for one to choose to be a fighter, assassin, mage, or any combination of skills you like. Awesome job, Ubi! Two thumbs up.
  25. RichardS.
    Jun 9, 2007
    Best single player game I have ever played. Only thing I would like is more game play time, but yet the game play it does have rivals that of oblivion. Also, the graphics are awesome and the world is almost fully interactable. This is a great game.
  26. JasonI.
    Aug 30, 2007
    Wow + TFC built into one great multiplayer experiance. Char development over time in a capture the flag setting makes for a awesome PvP experiance. Great job!! Single player is not to shaby but the multiplayer is a very different type of game play that keeps you wanting more. The char development over multiplayer XP keeps you hooked.
  27. JonnyB.
    Aug 4, 2007
    Great game: Pick from 4 skill trees - the fighter/wizard/archer/assassin - or mix and match through all of them. Wonderful graphics and a great engine to play on. Great fighting scenarios including beheading enemies in bullet time. Amazing!
  28. g33b33
    Aug 6, 2007
    Great game, great graphics! But its too bloody, i think less blood would have done in a better way, but thats only my oppinion i think.
  29. MarkD.
    Sep 16, 2007
    This game had some of the best puzzles, graphics, gameplay and I really liked the story. People keep saying that it was predictable, and maybe you found it very predictable, but the game showed a more realistic look at a fantasy hero than what is normally portrayed in stories in the medieval fantasy setting. I am extremely stunned that this game has seen such poor reviews.
  30. EzraJ.
    Sep 19, 2007
    I was a junkie by the time I finished chapter 1. The storyline may have been predictable but I gave them a good deal of leeway with originality because of the enormously addictive game play. Almost every fight in the game has alternative methods of approach, and can be treated as puzzles instead of your usual hack and slash. The game was a little short, but with four different endings, it I was a junkie by the time I finished chapter 1. The storyline may have been predictable but I gave them a good deal of leeway with originality because of the enormously addictive game play. Almost every fight in the game has alternative methods of approach, and can be treated as puzzles instead of your usual hack and slash. The game was a little short, but with four different endings, it has good replayability. Expand
  31. GaborP.
    Feb 21, 2008
    I love the full game! It's like being an actor in some kind of fantasy film! Lovely!
  32. MikeA.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Love the game, I always wanted a leveling system and the source engine to be combined, it's as if HL2 and Oblivion have been combined in an action packed adventure that will never leave you half bored.
  33. TimE.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Probably one of the best games which you can buy on Steam. The Mutliplayer can be funny with friends, really! The singleplayer is just awsome, kicking enemys is just fun. If you are searching for a great game for less than $20, take this one! Really!
  34. JohnH.
    Apr 6, 2008
    All those people who gave this game a low rating should just get a better computer. Bugs my ass!
  35. PoliM.
    May 2, 2008
    Super cool I could die without it.
  36. WilliamG.
    Jun 8, 2008
    This particular game, in my opinion, has nearly perfected the best combat system ever created. I am highly surprised at the Metascore it has received, as I believe it is as good if not better than Half-Life. Either way, I would say this is Ubisoft's best product to date.
  37. TimothyB.
    Jul 10, 2008
    This game was incredible. I was involved with Disciples of Sareth, an awesome fan site during the game's release. I got the deluxe version of the game the day it came out, and I was completely satisfied. There were glitches, but they've been patched. The storyline is rather short and dull, but the action is so entertaining you don't even focus on that. You pay so much This game was incredible. I was involved with Disciples of Sareth, an awesome fan site during the game's release. I got the deluxe version of the game the day it came out, and I was completely satisfied. There were glitches, but they've been patched. The storyline is rather short and dull, but the action is so entertaining you don't even focus on that. You pay so much attention on trying to find a way to kill your enemies or make your way out of dungeons alive....it's an amazing experience every gamer should enjoy. I am hoping for a DM2, where they elaborate more on the storyline and fix their glitches BEFOREhand, but we'll just have to wait and see. For now I will suffice with just hacking goblins in half. Expand
  38. AnonymousMC
    Jan 5, 2009
    This game is really fun , because I used to play World of Warcraft .I wanted to go back to a medieval game but , I still wanted to be able to use Steam Chat , so this was the perfect match.Its use of combat and stealth (which are my two favorite attributes) is amazing , and the spells are just awesome.
  39. JoachimFehr
    Feb 4, 2009
    A great game not bad at all, and i don't get the critics whining, its an great game it had awesome graphics at release date, it was an great storyline and great combat experience i dont see the point in going so much down because of a little bugs, and glitches.
  40. W@MSolo
    Mar 6, 2009
    Ok, so given there is fallout 3 etc now on the market, why give this game a 10? Because the Metascore is just plain wrong. In effect you are getting 2 games for the price of one, and at its bargain price , this is a game no one should not have who enjoys frentic 16 v 16 multiplayer in a oldstyle combat system ( ie : no guns ) The single player story line hooks you in and is a nice mix of Ok, so given there is fallout 3 etc now on the market, why give this game a 10? Because the Metascore is just plain wrong. In effect you are getting 2 games for the price of one, and at its bargain price , this is a game no one should not have who enjoys frentic 16 v 16 multiplayer in a oldstyle combat system ( ie : no guns ) The single player story line hooks you in and is a nice mix of levels followed by story cutscenes, my one negative is, its too easy to complete. I've now played it 3 times trough, just to try out the cominations of powers you purchase as you level up and this is over a year after buying it, I'm back playing the single plyr again. But in truth, the Multiplayer game, which unfortunately cant be metascored, is where this game shines. With a few good clans out there who let you play on their servers for free, and much banter over the in game text or voice, this is a social experience as well as a game. So any ET / Halo / Unreal 3 / bf2142 , etc, player, looking for a change, you'd do well to try this. "For Stonehelm ... CHARGE !!!!" Expand
  41. AlexS.
    Nov 14, 2006
    I have been waiting for such a game to come out and when I heard it would be using the source engine I was greatly pleased. Wicked Game!
  42. NathanG.
    Nov 2, 2006
    This game in my opinion is the greatest FPS out sense Half-Life... It's really fun, and just plainly amazing to see the environment react with what you do! Plainly awesome game. I can't stop playing!
  43. JonaR.
    Nov 9, 2006
    It's Just a great game and brings an new perspective in action games (body)
  44. NickR.
    Dec 3, 2006
    This game fulfills many aspects of gaming that I really enjoy: solving easy little puzzles, first person pace and energy, and swords + magic. You just can't go wrong. It brings back fond memories of Hexen and Heretic. It's nice to see a FPS of this genre built on such a good gaming engine and not trying to combine itself with an RPG to any extent that it bogs everything down. I This game fulfills many aspects of gaming that I really enjoy: solving easy little puzzles, first person pace and energy, and swords + magic. You just can't go wrong. It brings back fond memories of Hexen and Heretic. It's nice to see a FPS of this genre built on such a good gaming engine and not trying to combine itself with an RPG to any extent that it bogs everything down. I only give it 10 to help raise the average. Realistically, it's a 9.2 Expand
  45. Anthony
    Oct 25, 2006
    10 Stars! Although there were some glitches on the first day, they updated the game within the first 2 hours. Everything works fine now, and i'm halfway through the game. AMAZING SO FAR!
  46. AlexJ.
    Oct 25, 2006
    Awsome game. The combat system has high potential for user skill development. The scenery is great, and for once AI isn't an idiom.
  47. MikeB.
    Oct 27, 2006
    Phenomenal. A must play. Brilliant level design. Brilliant graphics. Supreme adventure. Brutal hack and slash. What more could you ask for?
  48. ClaesM.
    Oct 30, 2006
    A great action rpg with loads of fantastic gfx animations and sounds + awesome music that fits really well.
  49. MarcNoon
    Oct 6, 2006
    I've never been so happy to play a demo before. The entire experience is emersive and challenging. I especially like the the skills you can acquire by just selecting the tab button. It brings up the points you've earned and you can choose the skills for your player. I hope that there are more types of characters btw.
  50. RyanCook
    Aug 9, 2006
    This is no game, it's a masterpiece! By introducing an absolute "clear-cut" combat system, brilliant visuals and innovative multiplayer, DM:MM dominates the majority of other similar (RPG and FPS) games. It redefines the whole aspect of visual warfare and kicks the famous Oblivion game off its throne. All hail to the new king, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.
  51. CarstenJaksch
    Sep 19, 2006
    ich schreibs mal in deutsch:
    ich finde dieses spiel großartig mit der grafik die gut aussieht und bei der das spiel noch recht ruckfrei auf meinem computer läuft. Die ganzen features etc. sind auch sehr gut gemacht und das ganze aussehen und die geschichte ist für mich nur eine wertung von 10 wert!!! das beste spiel was ich jeh gesehn hab!
  52. AnonymousMC
    Dec 4, 2007
    Obviously this title seems to be a "love-or-hate" kind of game: Some like the refreshingly different gameplay, some just don't seem to get it. I have to give this game a ten just to balance the unfairly poor scores it has got! I can't understand any of the issues mentioned in the bad reviews, I haven't encountered any bugs and the combat system is truly revolutionary, notObviously this title seems to be a "love-or-hate" kind of game: Some like the refreshingly different gameplay, some just don't seem to get it. I have to give this game a ten just to balance the unfairly poor scores it has got! I can't understand any of the issues mentioned in the bad reviews, I haven't encountered any bugs and the combat system is truly revolutionary, not repetitive and dull as some have said. Expand
  53. Khaell
    Dec 7, 2007
    Brilliant Game! its everything what i needed. good multiplayer, storyline in Single, Sword fighting system. 10
  54. ThomasH.
    Mar 1, 2007
    Good single player game. Multiplayer is questionable. Didn't care for it.
  55. zachariahfletchef
    Mar 15, 2007
    BEST-GAME-EVER! It is so amazing before i got it i played the demo over 50 times even though it is only one level.
  56. AnonymousMC
    Mar 17, 2007
    I own this game in german cut version, and I can't understand some bad reviews i read. In alle German magazines, it made it to at least 85 points out of 100, which is very good. I actually don't care about reviews but the fun I have by playing the game. However, all I wanna say is: SP justs kicks a**es, but the MP just ROCKS!
  57. mikeself
    Mar 29, 2007
    this game is bad ass and for all you people that are making negative comments stfu gamespy and pc gamer you guys are so fucking lame you say that games are good and they are shit you say games are bad and they are good its just a couple of you nerdy fucks that expects to much in the wrong areas .......and not enough in others so ........get your shit together
  58. ShadowB.
    Mar 29, 2007
    That is the most impressive and amazing game production in a fantasy universe since Robert Jordan's 'wheel of time'! A definitely must have for all fans of action and fantasy hack n slay! Who ever gives this awesome game a rating under 8, couldn't ever really have experienced it!
  59. DavidP.
    Mar 5, 2007
    The graphics trick the eyes with realism, the spells have interesting effects and are what you'd expect a mage or cleric to have... though their multitude of uses and a destroyable environment challenge the player to come with creative ways to solve three dimensional puzzels and kill fierce orcs or undead. To give a sense of humor to the game, weak willed and cowardly goblins have The graphics trick the eyes with realism, the spells have interesting effects and are what you'd expect a mage or cleric to have... though their multitude of uses and a destroyable environment challenge the player to come with creative ways to solve three dimensional puzzels and kill fierce orcs or undead. To give a sense of humor to the game, weak willed and cowardly goblins have been thrown in with a smattering of phrases sure to make you laugh before you finish them off. Expand
  60. ValentineM.
    Jun 12, 2007
    Wonderful game... And the highest mark is for it! Optimal choice for fanatics of Might&Magic games line.
  61. DanielS.
    Jul 26, 2007
    Very good game. I like the first person thing.
  62. JoshuaY.
    Aug 26, 2007
    Dark messiah is graphically beautiful with 1st rate detail. !st person action brings a new thing into the rpg world giving a feeling of being there. none can match it.
  63. Zeriot
    Nov 30, 2008
    There is certainly no graphical glitches in my game and I play it on a 5 year old computer. I have pleayed it through four times (not that hard since its not so long, which btw is the major flaw of the game) and even on hard its doable to kill your enemies without restoring to kicking etc as I read some critics have written. If they cannot see how you can successfully create a mage/warriorThere is certainly no graphical glitches in my game and I play it on a 5 year old computer. I have pleayed it through four times (not that hard since its not so long, which btw is the major flaw of the game) and even on hard its doable to kill your enemies without restoring to kicking etc as I read some critics have written. If they cannot see how you can successfully create a mage/warrior that kill every opponent it is their problem, but then they also havent seen the potential the game really has. Expand
  64. MarcusB.
    Mar 25, 2008
    Perfect, but the end is to short...
  65. Keldran
    May 3, 2008
    Incredible game. I bought and played after the patches, so I do not know if most of the poorer reviews are pre-patch, but I would think so!
  66. SeanE.
    Aug 14, 2008
    A brilliant game, some brilliant graphics with the source engine, but which are easily over looked. The story is somewhat short but satisfying, tending to bring out the darker side in people, with awe inspiring game play and none stop action, i would recommend this to anyone with a taste for blood.
  67. MichalS
    Oct 31, 2009
    For me this game is really good, it has many bugs but they're really funny. Ubisoft should make some patches to it.
  68. ChristainS
    Jun 22, 2009
    Wow, the Combat-System of this game is so fantastic ;) I think the lower Metascore is a result of the Multiplayer-Part, perhaps it would be better if there would be 2 scores for SP and MP ! Then I would give 10 for SP and 8 for MP. I give 10 because DMOMM is one of my best Games I have ever played!
  69. LeviJ
    Jun 4, 2009
    There's only 2 reasons in my mind that could give this game a low score. 1) The expectations for this game were far too high, and when people got the game, it of course didn't meet those crazy high expectations. (Movies and games alike that have incredibly high hype pre-release both suffer from this disease. Hype can get so overblown that it becomes impossible to meet the There's only 2 reasons in my mind that could give this game a low score. 1) The expectations for this game were far too high, and when people got the game, it of course didn't meet those crazy high expectations. (Movies and games alike that have incredibly high hype pre-release both suffer from this disease. Hype can get so overblown that it becomes impossible to meet the expectation.) and 2) If the system they were using was not compatible for some reason with the game. I did not experience either of these dilemmas, and as a game, Dark Messiah is flat out awesome. I'm actually on my second play through, and for me, it's right up there with Bioshock. The multiplayer isn't that great from what I've tried, but this is a single player masterpiece. Expand
    Nov 1, 2006
    Dark Messsiah of M&M is a leap up from games of this type. The first person combat is some the best ever. The world it bring to life is brilliant. And adventure pulls you in again and again.
  71. AndersL.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Best FPS ever made to DATE! And I was playing it with 800*600 because if my BAD grafik card! Hope that there will be an expansion for the GAME.
  72. JamesP.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Awesome Graphics Fun Gameplay and overall good game.
  73. AlejandroVicente
    Nov 12, 2006
    este juego es el mejor de la saga might and magic y uno de los mejores del año(por no decir el mejor)
    los graficos,la banda sonora,los dialogos,la estupenda traduccion a cinco idiomas,la vista en primera persona, los combates,... y sobre todo el fantastico modo online para hasta 32 jugadores simultaneos ... ¿mi opinion? una pasada
  74. SergeyT.
    Nov 15, 2006
    I do not understand some critics votes. They just trying to find the bad or not good side pieces of Dark Messiah. But can they say, what for another game has the same "pluses" that have Dark Messiah? I thought not. We do not need blind reviews.

Dark Messiah is the big and hard work, that turn after release into something, that give's us a pleasure.
  75. BorisK.
    Nov 2, 2006
    One of the most memorable FPS games released in the past few years. Amazing graphics and fun gameplay resembling a mix of Deus Ex, Severance and Quake. Has a few technical problems though.
  76. TomH.
    Nov 25, 2006
    The best game i've ever seen, the low score critics are wrong about all the polishing and stuff. They update once in a while making it alot better. Probably best RPG yet.
  77. JohnB.
    Nov 29, 2006
    Ridiculously awesome game, with its mixture of FPS and fantasy style fighting, magic, etc... it is defiantely a must have for any gamer.
  78. AnnoymousYOURGAY
    Nov 30, 2006
    Dark Messiah is a great game. The combat system is great, cutting off heads,limbs and arms. The graphics are great, but it does ask for a lot. I couldn't stop playing this game and i still cant becuase it's so fun. Whats with you little nerds saying its crap because im to poor to afford graphics cards and im to shit to pass it becuase I suck.
  79. MikeL.
    Dec 19, 2006
    Who woulda thought that an FPS based on something like diablo can be so fun, I tell you ubisoft has done it again. lets start with multiplayer you can choose between several game modes: Crusade, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag mode the player can choose his character from five classes, DM still has many glitches and bugs online constent crashes so its not for the faint Who woulda thought that an FPS based on something like diablo can be so fun, I tell you ubisoft has done it again. lets start with multiplayer you can choose between several game modes: Crusade, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag mode the player can choose his character from five classes, DM still has many glitches and bugs online constent crashes so its not for the faint heart character voices arent bad it has a LOTR like to it if you like game soundtracks this is for you the boss fights just get you going right into the game Single player - takes place 20 years after the end of Heroes of Might and Magic V young man called Sareth is sent by his master to the city of Stonehelm to give an artifact called the Shantiri Crystal to Menelag the wizard. From there, the game will quickly put you in the middle of the action and let you progress through nine chapters and one epilogue of various lengths. You see the world through the eyes of Sareth, who travels alone most of the time, and the games does a good job to let you identify to the character. Overrall i give it a 10 outa 10 if you dont havent tryed it yet just buy its a buy Expand
  80. DG
    Dec 21, 2006
    Lot's of gore and forward thinking, which makes it like Lara Croft on steroids. No high technology weapons, only sweat and precision.
  81. ShaunC.
    Dec 22, 2006
    one of the best games i have ever played - i like it where the skeletons fall over when i have fired an ice arrow at the ground (very funny)
  82. AlexP.
    Dec 25, 2006
    This is one of the best games sold out as an RPG. The gameplay ie. fighing is very realistic and extremely fun. It has never crashed on me so far and I've played at least an hour. The skill tree I find is well done, and I have no problems with it. I especially like how items in your inventory take up only one space, unlike previous RPG's. Being a mage is very entertaining, like This is one of the best games sold out as an RPG. The gameplay ie. fighing is very realistic and extremely fun. It has never crashed on me so far and I've played at least an hour. The skill tree I find is well done, and I have no problems with it. I especially like how items in your inventory take up only one space, unlike previous RPG's. Being a mage is very entertaining, like charming guys and watch them fight. This game deserves at least an 8. But since it's so good I give it a 10. Expand
  83. GiH.
    Dec 4, 2006
    To be honest, I always took a much greater interest in the multiplayer portion of Dark Messiah rather than its single player brethren. Developed by Kuju Entertainment, the company responsible for helping develop the EyeToy games for the PS2, the multiplayer mode for Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and Battalion Wars for the Nintendo Gamecube, the multiplayer mode of Dark Messiah encompasses a To be honest, I always took a much greater interest in the multiplayer portion of Dark Messiah rather than its single player brethren. Developed by Kuju Entertainment, the company responsible for helping develop the EyeToy games for the PS2, the multiplayer mode for Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and Battalion Wars for the Nintendo Gamecube, the multiplayer mode of Dark Messiah encompasses a unique style of gameplay in a fantasy setting. The game splits between 2 factions, the Humans and the Undead. Each faction allows 5 playable classes, the Assassin, the Priestess, the Mage, the Archer, and the Warrior. The only difference between the Humans and the Undead is their physical appearance; otherwise, they are essentially the same. Now the question is, how does the multiplayer stack up? Pretty nicely, and I won Expand
  84. LoveActually
    Dec 5, 2006
    WONDERFUL game. With a good computer you can run it on the best graphic etc, and its amazing. Visual effects, story, landscape ++! LOVE IT
  85. BellinoP.
    Oct 28, 2006
    The professional Reviewers that gave this game a low score must be paid off by someone or out of their minds. This is one of the best games I have ever played Period.
  86. YermakirumY.
    Oct 31, 2006
    Very good game.
  87. NickD.
    Nov 14, 2007
    It's so amazing. It needs a beast of a computer to run. I couldn't play it on my old rig, and I just buillt a new one and playing this game was one of the many things I was looking forward to. The movements the character reactions to the environment. This game doesn't get the credit it deserves.
  88. DominicH.
    Nov 16, 2007
    This game is brilliant. Amazing modification of the Source physics engine, especially in combat!
  89. BouuobT.
    Nov 5, 2007
    A really deep game with many elements of gameplay that havent been brought out by any other game. A must play rpg for any fan or rpg.
  90. JosephR.
    Oct 18, 2007
    This was one of the best FPS RPG game that I ever played.
  91. JoshS.
    Jan 21, 2007
    This game is just plain awesome. Although I haven't been a faithful follower of the game series (my last was Might and Magic VII), I'm hooked now. This game, especially on new computers with decent 512MB graphics cards, has spectacular graphics, awesome fight scenes, and replayability galore. Killing orcs on spikes or random enemies with traps is priceless, and the magic spells This game is just plain awesome. Although I haven't been a faithful follower of the game series (my last was Might and Magic VII), I'm hooked now. This game, especially on new computers with decent 512MB graphics cards, has spectacular graphics, awesome fight scenes, and replayability galore. Killing orcs on spikes or random enemies with traps is priceless, and the magic spells are amazingly cool to cast (fireballs especially, as you can home them in with your mouse). Multiplayer is simply to appease the Steam users, but also incredibly fun and I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves other Steam games. Crusade and Deathmatch are always fun, and the players are usually very friendly to n00bs (I recommend playing single-player before playing multiplayer, however, or you will be PWNED). All in all, I can't give this game any less than a ten. I compare the sensation of playing it to such greats as Counter Strike and Halo, and this game is destined for greatness despite the poor ratings from some critics. Expand
  92. Atech66
    Jan 31, 2007
    This game is a blast. I'm running a Geforce 6600 256 and a 1 Gig board with a 2Ghz processor and haven't had any problems at all finished it once I must be missing the glitches. Starting again to really see everything. Awesome game.
  93. JoeS.
    Feb 22, 2007
    It is like a sword fighting better graphic version of half life two, my all time favorite game. The ways of killing people are great and vast, plus the online multi player is pretty good.
  94. JamesK.
    May 27, 2007
    Excellent game. With the patches, the single player is incredibly stable and smooth. The combat is the best of its kind, easily. The graphics are great, the sound and music are decent (with the exception of the final boss theme, which is worth listening to on its own). The dialog can be compared to that of Star Fox 64: ranges from cheesy to memorable, with many lines being exceptionally Excellent game. With the patches, the single player is incredibly stable and smooth. The combat is the best of its kind, easily. The graphics are great, the sound and music are decent (with the exception of the final boss theme, which is worth listening to on its own). The dialog can be compared to that of Star Fox 64: ranges from cheesy to memorable, with many lines being exceptionally reusable. The best part of the game is, because different skills and playing styles yield different experiences (not to mention self-imposed limits, such as unbinding the kick key or never using the heal spell), the single player is very replayable despite being the same thing; Dark Messiah is a game where there is no shortage of ways to kill an enemy, and a great many of ways to go through a level. I've personally played through the game thrice. However, one should play through this game to have fun and enjoy the gameplay rather than to complete it, as the latter will yield a poor experience. The multiplayer, however, is nothing special. It is buggy, slow, and unbalanced. Nevertheless, it still can be great fun, especialyl in Capture the Flag mode. Expand
  95. FelixJäger
    Jun 21, 2007
    The first thing that I liked was the 1st person sword fighting which actually is good, unlike Oblivions fucked up system. The 2nd thing was the gore that made me keep on playing. I still laugh out loud when I behead a guard and throw his body onto another enemy making him fall and then execute him on the ground. Or just burning them to death. Or kicking them off cliffs and into spikes.The first thing that I liked was the 1st person sword fighting which actually is good, unlike Oblivions fucked up system. The 2nd thing was the gore that made me keep on playing. I still laugh out loud when I behead a guard and throw his body onto another enemy making him fall and then execute him on the ground. Or just burning them to death. Or kicking them off cliffs and into spikes.
    Oh, and the game neither crashed nor have I experienced one singel bug. I don't know what everyone is whining about...:)
    I'v beaten the game six times now in the past five days, 3xwarrior, 2xassassian, 1xmage (<-- mage to hard in endgame in my opinion)
  96. walleteater
    Jun 26, 2007
    This game has a really fun combat system, and like to take advantage of the steam physics... There is a stealth element, a fun magic element, and a great warrior combat element. The game Is story driven, true, but when you do fight it is great. Soon SDK will be released and you can expect some great mods. And i think that all those people with crappy computers should stop trash talking This game has a really fun combat system, and like to take advantage of the steam physics... There is a stealth element, a fun magic element, and a great warrior combat element. The game Is story driven, true, but when you do fight it is great. Soon SDK will be released and you can expect some great mods. And i think that all those people with crappy computers should stop trash talking the game, because oblivion can't hold a torch up to any of its elements, and the only thing oblivion wins in is freeroam. And most crashes are a result of shitty graphics cards and low amounts of ram. I bought the game the day it came out and had no bugs whatsoever! Expand
  97. ElliotH.
    Jul 11, 2007
    Amazing game. Never seen anything like it!. Although the graphics are exceptional you are able to do so many other things that other games would not let you. 10/10!
  98. FrederikB.
    Jan 21, 2008
    Such a gooood game I could play it all day long the only thing that is very bad is that the German version is so damn cutted but thats the only bad thing.
  99. NICKA.
    Feb 18, 2008
    Im not a big fan of rpg, but im a huge fan of action genre. i bought this, knowing it was both, and I'm so happy it focused on action. I think the RPG elements work well into it in fact, and are pretty good. The many ways to kill enemies are great, and the only parts where i have complaints are, the zombie are tough enough without venom breath. Also the parts with spider...just arent Im not a big fan of rpg, but im a huge fan of action genre. i bought this, knowing it was both, and I'm so happy it focused on action. I think the RPG elements work well into it in fact, and are pretty good. The many ways to kill enemies are great, and the only parts where i have complaints are, the zombie are tough enough without venom breath. Also the parts with spider...just arent fun, they are really annoying, so im just trying to say venom is too powerful in the game. Everything else, i mean everything is great, the games got tons of cinimatic moments. Expand
  100. JesseK.
    Feb 26, 2008
    Dark Messiah is one of the best first person games I have ever played I love the online play and the cool traps you can set-off.

1. PC Gamer UK
    There's really nothing that can match Dark Messiah's combat. The mixture of weaponry and convincingly cause-and-effect physics really does take first-person fighting to new places. [Nov 2006, p.62]
  2. If the game suffers, it's from over-explanation, the occasional lapse in the combat, and the repetitive nature of the environmental weaponry. But I was kept entertained all the way through, and I've never felt so directy responsible for chopping off a goblin's arm. [Dec 2006, p.70]
  3. PC Format
    An outstanding experience. It manages to create a constant sense of threat, includes some stunning set-pieces, and introduces a cast of breathtaking beasts, all within a combat system that is one of the most versatile and violent we have ever seen. [Dec 2006, p.98]