5.2

1. MarkoT
    Jan 19, 2010
    I really like this game, the controls need some time to get used to, but in overall its an inovative game with good ( not state of the art ) graphics
  2. LeberTreeD
    Jan 21, 2010
    This game as a good feeling when you use Jetpack, it's very cool and fun! Good idea in general... Finally a game different from other. Congratulation!
  3. NickK
    Jan 22, 2010
    Story is terrible, but the gameplay is very very fun. Especially when you get fully upgraded jet pack and weapons.
  4. Mar 15, 2013
    I don't get why no one seems to like this game. I'm having an absolute blast with it.
    Compared to most 3PS's, the enemies have slightly more health but all the machine guns are more accurate, which I feel is a much better system (you're fighting the enemies, not the weapon spread). Plus one-hit melee kills while standing or over/under cover for additional options. And the game is really good about recognizing and rewarding headshots. I tried to replay Gears of War 1 recently and got bored halfway through, but this just feels better.
    And the vertical cover system works great. If you're flanked from above and below by enemies, then whether you take cover above or below the ledges becomes a shifting element of strategy. Whether you mantle upward for melee kills at the risk of giving the enemies a better shot is another element of strategy. And frankly, it's just cool to see a killed enemy ragdoll toward you as it falls off a cliff.
    Compared to the Rogue Squadron series, the jetpack flight seems just fine to me. And the ability to zoom into a horizontal ground fight or hover out of vertical cover for better aim (a the risk of exposing yourself) adds another layer.
    The slugs-inside-robots aren't quite as interesting as the multi-destructable robots of Binary Domain (another underappreciated shooter), but they are unique(r) than most games. I like the exploding red guys that leave damaging large energy spheres.
    Also I don't get the criticisms about graphics. It's not the prettiest game in the world, but I think it looks good (especially compared to the average Xbox360 title), and I like the semi-cartoony 50's style art choices. Admittedly the environments repeat.
    I love this game and have recommended it, especially now that it's dirt cheap ($5 on Steam as of writing, but you really need an Xbox controller to enjoy it). Mostly I'm just disappointed that a fun game (I would say 8.5/10) with a lot of great ideas won't get a sequel it really deserves.
  5. soniaJ.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Story is terrible, but the gameplay is very very fun. Best Rpg Ever.

1. A criminal waste of time and energy, as standard and generic a game as you could hope to find. [Feb 2010, p.74]
  2. Unfortunately, the shining strengths of the game are buried underneath a thick layer of rust that only the thirstiest of air-junkies should bother chipping through. [Feb 2010, p.95]
  3. And once the brutally short campaign is over, Dark Void is over.