6.1

1. Jul 27, 2013
    This game is an atrocity, yes it has a lot of innovative ideas, but none of that matters when you fail to implement it properly!

Lets start with the story, I wont lie I didn't play past the first few levels because of this. From what I recall, you were a cow-boy in the frontier fighting off native warriors, but you are eventually pulled through a warp in time... yeah that makes complete
    sense, get pulled from your roughneck world to a futuristic world full of advanced technologies that you somehow know to use!

Beyond this point it was full of story-breaking loopholes, and unanswered questions.

The Story is bad, now they should redeem through game play right? Wrong, the game play is very stiff and not innovative at all compared to the ideas that were advertised with the games release.
    The enemy AI is a very sad thing to see, constantly getting stuck or glitching across the map into your face. While you are surrounded by allies that cannot do a thing, and I don't mean a small squad, no you are surrounded at some points by MASSIVE armies, that do nothing but stand in your way, blocking any action and causing incredible stress to the system. I hate to imagine how it would affect a computer.

To call it short, the game play felt like I was playing call of duty but without good controlling.

Well that is my rant for the day, sorry to ruin your day mate.

1. It's got too many issues to recommend it. [Oct 2010, p.]
  2. A few clever mechanics and great weapons against a backdrop of surprisingly immersive Civil War and WWII battles. [Oct 2009, p.87]
    Darkest of Days indeed. This first-person shooter from 8monkey Labs fails on nearly all fronts. A promising narrative setup is roasted over a bonfire of mangled mechanics, poor presentation, and sloppily implemented missions and objectives.