Day of Defeat PC

9.2

1. JohnA.
    Jun 28, 2007
    This game gave many hours of Entertaiment, graphics, sounds, and I just cant say how much i like it.
  2. KevinF.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Wonderful game. Nice graphics, amazing gameplay, good sound, many maps.
  3. TiagoA.
    Aug 31, 2007
    To answer to G3 TV review, indeed the game play is limited and also the maps are repetitive in theme, not design. As an experienced DoD amateur gamer, if a map is changed just in a small building, or even a window, the team strategy involved to obtain victory is totally different. another example is if a map designer simply puts a pile of shattered walls in an open field, the strategy is To answer to G3 TV review, indeed the game play is limited and also the maps are repetitive in theme, not design. As an experienced DoD amateur gamer, if a map is changed just in a small building, or even a window, the team strategy involved to obtain victory is totally different. another example is if a map designer simply puts a pile of shattered walls in an open field, the strategy is also hugely changed. You see, just by varying some features in a certain map, gives a fully renewed game experience. This way, you can have an infinity of mods from a single map, changing the game strategy in each mod. Regards. Expand
  4. RohanC.
    Aug 9, 2007
    This is Day of Defeat at it's best it's just sad that most people hace moved onto DOD:S which In my opinion Is Incredibly well balanced but they dropped the british and most maps and Avalanche is now devilishly hard to navigate.
  5. FrederikMeringen
    Sep 23, 2007
    great game
  6. StevenB.
    Jan 23, 2008
    Excellent game. With all the modifications that can be made to make game-play more exciting and customized, it truly is an addictive experience. The 3 different sub-communities in the game (Realism, Clan, CAL) make for a very different experience with every different server you join. I personally find it to be an amazing game that makes me unable to do much else as once I start, I Excellent game. With all the modifications that can be made to make game-play more exciting and customized, it truly is an addictive experience. The 3 different sub-communities in the game (Realism, Clan, CAL) make for a very different experience with every different server you join. I personally find it to be an amazing game that makes me unable to do much else as once I start, I don't stop unless I have to. Expand
  7. FrederikMeringen
    Feb 1, 2008
    great game
  8. JustinN.
    Apr 20, 2008
    It is a brilliant game.
  9. Chris
    May 4, 2008
    I played them all , WW2 games that is,this is the only 1 i keep on coming back 2 & back & back 2 , I also played the Call of duty series but still come back 2 D.O.D , don't wait and read reviews go buy it , u waisting playingtime .
  10. Kit-
    Jun 21, 2008
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. I get 100% game enjoyment playing this, and I feel that even though the graphics may have been improved in the later released source version, the heart of dod remains with 1.3!
  11. hawksbill
    Feb 11, 2009
    I have been playing this since alpha. This game promotes teamwork and use of your environment. Weapons are all unique in recoil, ammunition capacity, and accuracy. It may be no treat to look at but what it lacks in visuals it puts out in game play. There are no pauses in action respawns are almost instant after death. You will be glued to your monitor for hours. Just give it a try.
  12. anonymous
    Apr 9, 2009
    Nice gun blastin', enemy murderin', attention-span shatterin' fun.
  13. Bmanl
    May 25, 2009
    Truly a great experience and the most fun fps i have ever played competitively.
  14. ChazC.
    Dec 2, 2003
    This is the best game ever made.
  15. NickL.
    Feb 24, 2005
    Good game runs great on a penium 4 i have a dell xps runs perfect.
  16. CoreyV.
    Oct 21, 2006
    Awesome ww2 game. Great sound and game play. The graphics are pretty good as well. Just on all around good game for the ww2 fan. 9.4 / 10
  17. JoshG.
    Dec 15, 2006
    You can replay this game too many times.. because its never the same.. you're either on or you off.. but you still enjoy it
  18. DylanS.
    Dec 16, 2006
    Though the graphics arent the best, gameplay is superb.
  19. Rubo
    Dec 17, 2006
    esta excelente el juego pero ahora no me deja jugar a servidores españoles por que tengo una cuenta de mi primo y como le banearon pues ami no me deja en los servidores seguros ¿¿me podeis ayudar??? una segunda oportunidad por favor
  20. URF4CEMann
    Dec 21, 2006
    Very good game but a bit out-dated now source version out.
  21. VassilK.
    Dec 31, 2006
    This is a great game if you are into war and online play.
  22. J.Partlow
    Mar 24, 2006
    There is not much wrong with this Multi-player game. It also works on almost all Hardware unlike it's Day Of Defeat:Source counterpart which taxes most hardware.
  23. RobinT.
    Mar 24, 2006
    This game OWNZ!
  24. JasM.
    May 16, 2006
    This game is intense. Exciting, Realistic, Everything you can ask for in a all-around World War II game. Nothing beats a headshot in this game! 10/10!
  25. WilliamH.
    May 22, 2006
    This game is great for all first Person shooters! This game may not be very addcting but I must say DO NOT LISTEN TO G4! This game is very fun! It has 10 times the amount of weapons in 1 WWII game, it has OK graphics but doesn't effect you in anyway shape or form! And the realism is pretty decent, far better then any Medal of Honor! You work together with people online so AI This game is great for all first Person shooters! This game may not be very addcting but I must say DO NOT LISTEN TO G4! This game is very fun! It has 10 times the amount of weapons in 1 WWII game, it has OK graphics but doesn't effect you in anyway shape or form! And the realism is pretty decent, far better then any Medal of Honor! You work together with people online so AI isn't a problem. The biggest problem with the game would have to be the lag on bad servers. That's it! This game is a must have for ALL WWII gamers! For those who say this game stinks are just winers, and people who stink at the game! It's really easy to pick up! Actually the easiest game I was ever able to pick up! Read the Majority of reviews! Just face the facts It's a good game! Expand
  26. LukeM.
    May 28, 2006
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  27. RyanW.
    May 29, 2006
    Wow this is one of the longest running games that i still play and it is still fun.
  28. TonyL.
    Jun 11, 2006
    most awsome mod to date.
  29. TimC.
    Jun 16, 2006
    Excellent game. The maps of this mod help to make the origional hl1 engine the most versitile MPG on the market, seemingly regardless of your system.
  30. Denis
    Jun 19, 2006
    I'm completely obsessed with it!! Can't get enough!! The best!
  31. MattG.
    Jun 29, 2006
    No doubt best game tactically and all around when it comes to multiplayer online first person shooters.
  32. CoryB.
    Jul 13, 2006
    One of the most easy to learn, easy to play Half-life Modifications to date. Extremely addictive gameplay that can entertain with custom maps, skins, and sounds. Great Game.
  33. SergioA.
    Jul 26, 2006
    excellent, i couldnt say anything better about it.
  34. James
    Sep 26, 2006
    I've been playing this game since its beta stages and its still my preference over all others in the genre, imo the benchmark multiplayer fps.
  35. WillisG.
    Oct 17, 2007
    AWSOME !!! Never get tired of playing. Been at it for a few years.Same map sometimes, never the same game.
  36. MichaelS.
    Oct 28, 2007
    I give it 9 - only because it does lack some of the glossiness that new releases have (BF2 for example). However, i just re-installed it, and am about to start playing again, Fall 2007. That says something, don't you think. I started playing DOD a few years ago and it was my staple diet of gaming. I look forward to getting back into it again. The truth is, it lacks some in the I give it 9 - only because it does lack some of the glossiness that new releases have (BF2 for example). However, i just re-installed it, and am about to start playing again, Fall 2007. That says something, don't you think. I started playing DOD a few years ago and it was my staple diet of gaming. I look forward to getting back into it again. The truth is, it lacks some in the graphics department. However, DOD is not really about that. It is about the feel, the experience, and the teamplay. Expand
  37. YoyoY.
    Feb 11, 2007
    DoD is one of the best WW2 games to me. It has my favorite WW2 weapons and battles in it. DoD is also realistic with the sounds of gunshots. I think everyone should rate it 10!
  38. RemyB.
    Feb 21, 2007
    It's the most wonderful game online and multiplayer about the WWII.
  39. Neems
    Feb 27, 2007
    I've been playing since the beta versions, cost me nothing, and it's still the best online shooter in existence. The community is sadly dying, no VAC updates being the main cause, but I will keep coming back as long as there are servers up.
  40. AadneStokka
    Sep 14, 2007
    I don't think your rating of this game is fair. It is a very old game yes, but at the same time it still remains very popular and is still (even with DoD:S out) a fun game. It was, as I remember, one of the first very successful MODs for a game engine (next to counter-strike).
  41. SamJ.
    Sep 22, 2007
    LOVE it!
  42. SC
    Oct 14, 2008
    I will say, its not the best with soundtracks or graphics with our new games these days, but this game is extremely fun and addicting. The mods on the levels are always fun and the people are great. This game is a must play for the exciting experience.
  43. aNDYB
    Dec 4, 2009
    I first played this game back in beta 2.1 and I was hooked from day 1. Unlike CS the emphasis was on team work to capture territory and respawn so you were back in the action much faster. It was a steep but rewarding learning curve and even back in 2002 is was highly immersive I would play for hours on one map fighting over one bridge on the map zafod or crawl throgh the mud on thunder. I first played this game back in beta 2.1 and I was hooked from day 1. Unlike CS the emphasis was on team work to capture territory and respawn so you were back in the action much faster. It was a steep but rewarding learning curve and even back in 2002 is was highly immersive I would play for hours on one map fighting over one bridge on the map zafod or crawl throgh the mud on thunder. 1.3 as the released version lacked some of the immersion but it was still highly addictive and many of the custom maps recaptured the feelings of old where there was less of an emphasis on balancing the maps. Source for me killed my DOD experience but even now in 2009 nearly a decade on from when I first picked up my garand I can still jump on a server and re live some of my old memories when I had time to spend 8 hours in front of a game. I would HIGHLY recommend this game. It may not be pretty compared to newer games but it is untouchable for outright playability and addictiveness. Expand
  44. Jordan
    Dec 6, 2009
    This is one of the best outdated games I have ever owned. Based on teamwork and intense WWII fighting even today i still play it. Addicting, very addicting. Player's who like a straight to the point first person WWII shooter this game is most definitely on your list of inexpensive classics to pick up.
  45. RobertK
    Aug 16, 2009
    Best WWII Capture the Flag multiplayer game to ever be released.
  46. MatthewS.
    Nov 27, 2006
    This game is awesome! It incorporates mad moto skills as well as hand eye coordination as well as listening skills and also prediction and basically an enhanced version of the game memory.
  47. AlexN.
    Nov 25, 2007
    I was built from the ground up, newb to badass rambo. There are many different tactics that can be used, sniping,sneaking,going commando with a knife and slicing people. A fav. of mine is rushing past everyone by the flag and capturing it in a hail of gunfire.
  48. Mar 9, 2013
    Day of Defeat is an extremely fun and addicting multiplayer shooter. Many people may tell you that the game sucks, but that's probably because they're addicted to spray-and-pray games like Call of Duty. In Day of Defeat, it requires more strategy, and is by far more realistic. Anybody who enjoys studying WWII and playing games will find this a nice treat.
  49. Oct 27, 2011
    On of the best FPS games ever made (because it was from a Mod based on a Valve game!)
    I still play this game every Friday night with a solid group of friends from all over the world.
    Long Live DoD!
  50. Oct 27, 2013
    Still fun to this day. As opposed to a lot of the "Play to unlock" or even "Pay to win" titles, this is a pure, balanced world war 2 shooter with no messing about,.
  51. n1k
    Jan 25, 2012
    This game is one of my all time favorites. It's so addictive and fun... Once you tried it and you won't put it away. I hope it will live as long as possible among the fans.
  52. Aug 15, 2012
    It's harsh when you're moving toward a map objective, knowing the enemy is waiting around any corner, when 2 shots will probably kill you. It's intense gameplay, softened by the perfect models, textures, and sounds of all the weapons you use. A lot of care and attention went into this mod, and it shows.
  53. Jan 2, 2013
    such an amazing game, i played it the first time on the release year in 2003 and it is still rlly awesome! I can only encourage everyone to play this game too, u won't regred it.
  54. Mar 8, 2013
    Best WW 2 online shooter by far. I will never forget how many months I did sink into this game, and despite me playing many other online games like Counter-Strike, WoW, CoD 2, DOTA, ecc, there is no game I look into the past and have such a nostalgia as DoD. I would still play it today if there was some server and active community. Sadly there is no good successor to it and game is prettyBest WW 2 online shooter by far. I will never forget how many months I did sink into this game, and despite me playing many other online games like Counter-Strike, WoW, CoD 2, DOTA, ecc, there is no game I look into the past and have such a nostalgia as DoD. I would still play it today if there was some server and active community. Sadly there is no good successor to it and game is pretty much dead but I miss it. I miss dod_avalanche in fun, I miss pcw's, I miss watching An1maL 4 or Jauntymal movies. This is one of the greatest games of all time, I do hope valve will make a newer version, not as crap as stupid source. They need to take true old school dod players to review it before they release another fail game like source was. Expand
  55. Jan 5, 2014
    I probably spent 2000+ hours on this game to date.. now not as often. It doesn't give me the same feeling it once did maybe because of all the bots and people hacking or maybe I just suck now. Most servers have bots people should start playing this game I don't want it to die. I never knew Activision created this game.. It's still their best game to date :P One of them anyways...
  56. Nov 20, 2016
    В игру ещё играют, но она устарела. Особенно это заметно после игры в Source версию, которая до сих пор выглядит восхитительно и играется так же спустя 10 лет после выхода.
    В эту версию можно поиграть с друзьями например, но лучше сразу погрузится в Day of Defeat Source.

1. Game Informer
    The sound of bullets whizzing past your ear or slamming into some nearby surface is disturbingly realistic. [Aug 2003, p.102]
  2. Getting into a game is incredibly easy, and the action draws you in like a real war movie.
  3. DOD irresistibly draws you back for more time and time again. The level designs shine above so many other team-based shooters and provide the perfect stage for some unbeatably tense shootouts.