Day One: Garry's Incident PC

0.3

Overwhelming dislike- based on 1542 Ratings

1. Oct 4, 2013
    This is terrible made game...I dont think developers who made it are talented and well-trained to make it...Physics in lie-cutscenes are terrible...No doubt, this is the worst game in the world compared with WarZ!
    Do not play it, it is the worst game!
    Pros:
    At least you can quit it
    Con:
    Terrible graphics, terrible gameplay, broken game, buggy...Graphics issues...Not well made...
  2. Oct 3, 2013
    This is the worst game I ever played I have no idea how to describe anything in a positive light. There is not a single aspect I could like. It´s a total mess. Oh yes, the trailers were good. But that´s pretty much all.
  3. Oct 2, 2013
    This game is utter Avoid it. Plus the devs are retards too, banning and locking threads and reviews on their forum. Plus they are making fake accounts on Metacritic to get better reviews.
  4. Oct 3, 2013
    What else should I say? "Nice effort"?

Or, maybe "It was a good concept, at least"? Or "You were headed in the right direction"? No. None of this is true. DOGI is a survival game and a desperate effort to jump on the survival genre bandwagon with games like Minecraft, Don't Starve, Day Z, and the list goes on. Most of these titles are far better than DOGI. This is one of the
    What else should I say? "Nice effort"?

Or, maybe "It was a good concept, at least"?

Or "You were headed in the right direction"?

No. None of this is true.

This is one of the ugliest games you will ever see. Sure, there's plenty of lush greenery all over the place...but aside from the game's foliage everything else is poorly modelled and murky looking. The character models look horrendous.

But, worst of all is the game play. This laughable attempt at a survival crafting games has you running around staring at the ground most of the time in order to find stuff. The crafting system makes very little sense, and recipes don't subscribe to the same reasonable logic as games like Minecraft.

Combat is a joke, as well. Anything that isn't a ranged weapon will have you whacking away with combat animations that make TSE: Morrowind's melee swing animations look incredible by comparison. Garry also dies incredibly fast, and you'll find yourself being instantly killed by enemies that seldom make a sound to warn you of their approach. Enemy AI is the worst I have seen in years, and when Garry crouches to enter 'stealth mode', enemies won't see him even if he's standing right in front of them in the sun shine. As soon as you stand up, though, they suddenly notice you. This means you'll want to be crawling around at a snail's pace if you want to live.

There's so much more I could about, but then this review would go on for hours. Suffice to say the only good thing about DOGI is the green foliage, and even that is stretching it quite a bit. I can see the concept they were going for, but Wild Games simply failed miserably in their most recent endeavor.
  5. Oct 2, 2013
    First of all: In its current state this isnt a game. There is no fun to be had.
    This is early access at best.
    Some things to like: the forest looks great and you really want to explore it. Most things to hate: As soon as you go exploring you find enemies that can instantly kill you without being seen, monkeys that throw little rocks can kill you and will follow you There is an
    First of all: In its current state this isnt a game. There is no fun to be had.
    This is early access at best.

Some things to like:
    the forest looks great and you really want to explore it.

Most things to hate:
    There is an ridiculous number of bugs that take you out of the experience every few minutes ranging from low fps to very low polygon models and bad textures to enemies ignoring you when crouched and instantly killing you when standing up
    There is a story but I dont think it is a very interesting one, neither do the devs because they have to use all kinds of effects and signpost (really) to get you to move to the next area.
    There are puzzles but they are on a pre-school level so no brain teasers there.
    There is crafting but is completly pointless because you dont need it to survive.

The main reason why i give this low score is that they claim to be able to produce AAA content.
    Then why did they deliberately choose not to in this "game"?

There cannot have been a lot of playtesting because they keep on "fixing" (more like moving/changing the bugs) as players that have tried to play report them.

Still they sell this as a full release which it clearly isnt and I dont have the feeling that they are capable of making this an enjoyable experience.

You dont even have to wait. I dont think this will ever get to hydrophobia, hard reset, mars:war logs levels and those arent very good games either.

The best advice for them would be to focus on the few things that do work and drop everything else:
    - plane crash
    - woods
    - figure out a way to get home (without any kind of magic, a simple boat that needs fixing would suffice)

Then it still would not be worth what they are asking for it now (19 euros) but 9 might be ok.
  6. Oct 20, 2013
    I've never written a review but no game ever needed one so badly. It seems fake reviews have been made by the developers. This is one of the worst games ever and the Devs are censoring reviews as well. They're criminals in my eyes.
  7. Oct 20, 2013
    I DEFINITELY will be steering clear of this game after the absolutely awful behavior on the part of the devs. Censoring criticism and faking reviews is just scumbag worthy. Avoid this game and this company at all costs.
  8. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Random Panther Appears!!!!!!

The game is dreadful, the animation quality is so bad it hurts and the devs did nothing but shady practices (like offering 50 steam keys of the game to people who sent them a screenshot who vote on their game in steam greenlight)
  9. Oct 20, 2013
    Deleting negative game reviews from Youtube, purposely trying to boost their metacritic score, and the list goes on. The game itself is awful, not only buggy, but also just lacks the basics (A working health bar, proper framerate, awful combat). I must admit that the idea is nice, but please, please Steam, remove this game, because this is bad. Really bad.
  10. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is terrible. This game is buggy beyond belief, objects don't appear in the world properly, you look around all over and see various fruits laying around that you cant interact with. I accidentally clicked my weapon and it destroyed an invisible pot then I had access to the fruit. Then you get thisitem right at the very beginning that you have to interact with. Its impossible toThis game is terrible. This game is buggy beyond belief, objects don't appear in the world properly, you look around all over and see various fruits laying around that you cant interact with. I accidentally clicked my weapon and it destroyed an invisible pot then I had access to the fruit. Then you get thisitem right at the very beginning that you have to interact with. Its impossible to interact with the item. I tried to position myself for 30 minutes and the E (HOLD) Icon would disappear the moment I would try to interact with it. There are also no in game settings to adjust the graphics settings the only thing you can change is the resolution. I am incredibly disappointed, this is at best an early beta product. Expand
  11. Oct 20, 2013
    Broken and buggy. People say it's playable but I disagree completely. ThereOn top of that the developers bought greenlight votes on Steam. Posted fake reviews here on metacritic. Had TB remove his "WTF Is?" video and are clearly just all around pricks.
  12. Oct 20, 2013
    Il y a trop de problèmes avec ce jeux qui le rend tous simplement injouable. There's too much problem with this game. Don't buy it. Waste your money somewhere else.
  13. Oct 20, 2013
    Other people have already mentioned the qualities of this game, which are: so let me point you to some activities that you may enjoy more than Day One: Garry's Incident: 1. dousing a rabid hedgehog in gasoline, lighting him on fire and bashing yourself in the face with him. 2. wearing a blackface and pointing a realistic airsoft gun at an American policeman. 3. sealing your rectum withOther people have already mentioned the qualities of this game, which are: so let me point you to some activities that you may enjoy more than Day One: Garry's Incident: 1. dousing a rabid hedgehog in gasoline, lighting him on fire and bashing yourself in the face with him. 2. wearing a blackface and pointing a realistic airsoft gun at an American policeman. 3. sealing your rectum with superglue and joining a bean eating contest 4. breaking all your bones and closing yourself in a washing maschine with a hundred pointy rocks 5. eating a civet turd that doesn't even have a coffee bean in it. Hope this helps you to picture the quality of the game and makes you spend the money on something better, like donating it to the church of scientology or just burning it. Expand
  14. Oct 20, 2013
    Worst game of 2013 stay away at all cost!! The devs is literally stealing your money. Watch youtube vids and you'll se what a train wreck of a game it is.
  15. Oct 20, 2013
    The developer is making reviews. The only reason this game is anything above a 1.0 is the little fake accounts. Read any of the positive reviews, they're all the same person obviously. Whoever runs the site should ban new users from voting on this game or something. Seriously, one look at this game, and you can clearly tell how little difference there is between it and a steaming pile ofThe developer is making reviews. The only reason this game is anything above a 1.0 is the little fake accounts. Read any of the positive reviews, they're all the same person obviously. Whoever runs the site should ban new users from voting on this game or something. Seriously, one look at this game, and you can clearly tell how little difference there is between it and a steaming pile of and pubes. Dev wasted his life on this game, players waste money and time, the game should forgotten. Whoever made this, leave the gaming industry, you suck at it. Expand
  16. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is an outrage for gaming in general. the dev's is cheating to make the game looks good and is using copyright strike it to quiet the ones that has the right to say what they think about an game, us gamers. I tried the game and it was utter garbage. it's deleted and i will never ever buy anything from those dev's again, as they have made an game and acted in an even way against us.
  17. Oct 20, 2013
    It's amazing how bad one game could be, along with the child like activities that the developer has taken part in, such as the terribly written English reviews on this site that give the game a 10, which by the overwhelming response from every other reviewer does not seem to be a true honest review, by someone not working for Wild Games Studios, clearly this is a bad game and I suggestIt's amazing how bad one game could be, along with the child like activities that the developer has taken part in, such as the terribly written English reviews on this site that give the game a 10, which by the overwhelming response from every other reviewer does not seem to be a true honest review, by someone not working for Wild Games Studios, clearly this is a bad game and I suggest staying away from it. And spend your money elsewhere.

-Crytc
  18. Oct 20, 2013
    Bugs. So many bugs. It seems like they took a game from the 90's, polished the graphics by about 10% and then released it without thinking. Not to mention the censorship they seem to be attempting to use to silence any bad reviews on Youtube.
  19. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is utter bulsh*t. It's one of the glitchiest and buggiest games I've seen in my whole life. The graphics look aged the gameplay is dumb and buggie, the animations are unfinished and crappy and the performance is just aweful. It's a piece of crap. Do NOT buy this!!!
  20. Oct 20, 2013
    Where to begin? What to moan about first? Or rather, what not to moan about first. The game is filled with bugs, and I mean filled. 10 minutes into the game and I had been forced to reload my save 7 times, yes SEVEN times in ten minutes. Beyond the bugs which have left me stuck in walls, completely frozen or crashed to desktop at least twice, its still completely awful. A lack of settingsWhere to begin? What to moan about first? Or rather, what not to moan about first. The game is filled with bugs, and I mean filled. 10 minutes into the game and I had been forced to reload my save 7 times, yes SEVEN times in ten minutes. Beyond the bugs which have left me stuck in walls, completely frozen or crashed to desktop at least twice, its still completely awful. A lack of settings in the game and the poor voice acting just want me to throw my copy under some sort of super laser and watch it melt to save it from others playing this train wreck of a 'game'. Unfortunately, its digital, and thus I have no such option to cause untold damage to a game which effectively stole 18 bucks of my own money (Which since I'm 15 isn't exactly easy to come by). Because of that I'm here warning you that this game is worse than the plague (Think the apocalypse, twice over), and that you should never, ever even dare play this game.

Also, good luck not dying from motion sickness or having some sort of seizure if you decide to buy this copy of solid regret!
  21. Oct 20, 2013
    The game as it stands is buggy to no end, the gameplay feels repetitive after no more than 10 minutes of play, and the "developers" have no intention of fixing it. The game is in pre-alpha condition and being sold as a full game, with no additional content being created for it. Terrible game, and beyond terrible development company. I will be avoiding the "products" of wild game studio inThe game as it stands is buggy to no end, the gameplay feels repetitive after no more than 10 minutes of play, and the "developers" have no intention of fixing it. The game is in pre-alpha condition and being sold as a full game, with no additional content being created for it. Terrible game, and beyond terrible development company. I will be avoiding the "products" of wild game studio in the future, and encourage anyone who reads this to do the same Expand
  22. Oct 20, 2013
    Absolutely dreadful. This game is full of bugs and issues. The fact that you can barely walk through the game itself is sad. What the developers have done is thrown together a game that was unfinished, slapped a $20 pricetag on it and said deal with it, when problems occur. They've repeatedly bribed people on the Steam forums to give this game a positive Metacritic score in exchange forAbsolutely dreadful. This game is full of bugs and issues. The fact that you can barely walk through the game itself is sad. What the developers have done is thrown together a game that was unfinished, slapped a $20 pricetag on it and said deal with it, when problems occur. They've repeatedly bribed people on the Steam forums to give this game a positive Metacritic score in exchange for game keys. To add insult to injury, they've deleted opinion posts, posts from people telling them issues they're having with the game and even issuing copyright claims against critics critiquing their game on YouTube and getting away with it. This has to be stopped. We cannot be scammed by developers like this. Actions need to be taken and this studio needs to stop selling their games. Expand
  23. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is not finished, very buggy and to sell it in this state is just obnoxious. I mean, come on, it is 2013, don't put out games that are worse than anything I played in the 90's. Invisible Walls, AI that does not detect me despite stabbing them in the back, NPC's instantly dieing after loading for no reason. This is just a small fraction of the problems the game has. I suggest toThe game is not finished, very buggy and to sell it in this state is just obnoxious. I mean, come on, it is 2013, don't put out games that are worse than anything I played in the 90's. Invisible Walls, AI that does not detect me despite stabbing them in the back, NPC's instantly dieing after loading for no reason. This is just a small fraction of the problems the game has. I suggest to stay away or at least wait a good amount of time until all this has been fixed. Expand
  24. Oct 20, 2013
    What and idiot trying to hide their buggy game against censorship wall lol. No one going to buy your buggy game and specially when you deleting videos and censorship it.
  25. Oct 20, 2013
    This is the most diabolical shamble of a game I have ever had the displeasure to play.
    It seems like it was put together by 100 monkeys putting random code into a computer and is full of game breaking bugs. All of the good reviews on this game are also by the shady dev team that put this game out there. Stay well away.
  26. Oct 20, 2013
    Avoid this game at any cost. It's an unfinished mess.
    The amount of bugs and glitches was astonishing.
    Invisible objects, invisible enemies, glitching objects and enemies+much more... The AI was some of the worst I've ever seen. Enemies were oblivious to you even if you were right in front of them. It does not help that the developer violently tries to take down valid criticism of
    Avoid this game at any cost. It's an unfinished mess.
    The amount of bugs and glitches was astonishing.
    It does not help that the developer violently tries to take down valid criticism of their game by filing false copyright claims on youtube.
  27. Oct 20, 2013
    At start it looked good, a combinations of some great games but as soon as i saw gameplay of it and tons of bugs it was horrible. At that point I could have waited a week or two for devs to fix the game, no hurry, but when the CEO of the company that made the game shut down Total Biscuit's video because he said the game was crap that was it for this game and that company. this game isAt start it looked good, a combinations of some great games but as soon as i saw gameplay of it and tons of bugs it was horrible. At that point I could have waited a week or two for devs to fix the game, no hurry, but when the CEO of the company that made the game shut down Total Biscuit's video because he said the game was crap that was it for this game and that company. this game is TOTAL one of the worse games ever. And even people that made it are stupid. Just check the few reviews that gave this game a 10, that is devs trying to boost their game. Expand
  28. Oct 20, 2013
    The worst game I have ever played. Horrible concept, horrible game-play, horrible AI, and a douche behind the company who made it.
    I cannot believe any company would ever THINK of making a game like this.
  29. Oct 20, 2013
    The buggiest game I've seen in quite a while...and that is saying a lot. The game wouldn't even start for the first hour. Once started, I wish it had not.
  30. Oct 20, 2013
    I've seen some terrible games, some terrible developers and some terrible publishers in my days. But this just takes the price. To critique is a fundamental right and the developers of this game should not even be allowed to walk amongst other humans, for all I care. The game was terrible. It needed to be said. What are they, five?
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. PC PowerPlay
    Nov 25, 2013
    No element of Day One appears stable, polished or functional. Avoid the big green "Add to Cart" button lest you suffer an incident of your own. [December 2013, p.82]