Dead Space 3: Awakened PC

5.7

1. Mar 12, 2013
    While I did enjoy the DLC, be forewarned it is extremely short and not necessarily a value at the current price. You will finish this in under two hours, and most of the maps are rehashed. For example, a large part of the DLC takes place on a ship you've already explored in the main game.

As for the DLC returning to it's horror roots, that is a matter of perspective. In my opinion, the DLC didn't hit it's stride in fact, you can anticipate what will happen next. As for the visions Isaac has, it was more overdone than anything else, almost to the point of annoyance where it would break the mood. Basically, apart from the banter between the two characters (Carver and Isaac), the narrative is extremely weak.

But apart from the lack of value (compare to say the DLCs we got from the Fallout 3 and New Vegas for the same dollar value!) and my gripe about the narrative, I did enjoy ultimately enjoy the DLC because I am an Isaac fanboy.

If $10 means nothing to you and have a couple hours to spare and curious as to what the next steps are for Isaac and Carver, by all means, get this DLC. Otherwise, it brings nothing new to the table no new weapons, ammo, suits, or blueprints and has zero effect or bearing on the main game. Purchase accordingly.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Mar 15, 2013
    Want to see the actual ending to the adventures of Clark and Carver on Tau Volantis? That’ll be $9,99, please.