Deus Ex: Invisible War PC

6.3

1. Aug 28, 2016
    Deus Ex Invisible War is second and worst game in series. This game about new war and new enemies in Deus Ex Series and Deus Ex Invisible War is fail. Graphics is very good for 2003, but storyline is **** gameplay is good, but gameplay in first Deus Ex is better, I think Deus Ex Invisible War is bad continue for original Deus Ex (2000), because Deus Ex is awesome cyberpunk game, graphicsDeus Ex Invisible War is second and worst game in series. This game about new war and new enemies in Deus Ex Series and Deus Ex Invisible War is fail. Graphics is very good for 2003, but storyline is **** gameplay is good, but gameplay in first Deus Ex is better, I think Deus Ex Invisible War is bad continue for original Deus Ex (2000), because Deus Ex is awesome cyberpunk game, graphics is much worse than in Invisible War, but storyline and gameplay is much better than in Invisible War. Deus Ex Invisible War is normal for Cyberpunk Game, but isnt normal for Deus Ex Series. Deus Ex Invisible War isnt good game, Deus Ex Invisible War is bad game. Expand
  2. Apr 5, 2014
    Not as rich as the first Deus Ex, it still offers some variety as you have offers from the three factions struggling for power. Weapons are underwhelming, but the main defects come from the bad console port : small levels, clunky combat, ridiculous inventory, uninteresting and useless biomods. DEIW keeps some interest thanks to its good sci-fi story, albeit shallow compared to theNot as rich as the first Deus Ex, it still offers some variety as you have offers from the three factions struggling for power. Weapons are underwhelming, but the main defects come from the bad console port : small levels, clunky combat, ridiculous inventory, uninteresting and useless biomods. DEIW keeps some interest thanks to its good sci-fi story, albeit shallow compared to the preceding game.

The game is unstable on modern systems (Windows 7, 8) you may never be able to finish it.
  3. Ume
    Nov 3, 2013
    Another victim of Consolitardism. Does not even come close to mediocre, and fails at everything Deus Ex succeeded at: RPG experience, storytelling, gameplay, reactivity, moral ambiguity. Even were it to be judged as a shooter only, it's terrible. Some of the critics reviews are truly shameful. Don't waste your time on this, better to keep the good memories of the Original.
  4. Jul 14, 2013
    Wow. i get shocked every time i see how bad this game is. The sequel to deus ex one of the greatest games ever, is THIS. this pathetic excuse for a game is the prime example of corporate cash in.
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    While IW is good compared to most shooters of it's time, it's just horrible compared to first DX due clear console-lobotomization. Level design is dull, combat is dull, pretty much everything is dull and monotonic.
  6. Dec 17, 2012
    Terrible combat, level design, story, game play and game design. Invisible War has nothing going for it and is completely forgettable console-pandering garbage. Stripped of RPG elements with a dumbed down inventory using universal ammo for all your guns, this game was really ahead of it's time in casualizing a well known game series for a "wider audience." Characters are simplistic,Terrible combat, level design, story, game play and game design. Invisible War has nothing going for it and is completely forgettable console-pandering garbage. Stripped of RPG elements with a dumbed down inventory using universal ammo for all your guns, this game was really ahead of it's time in casualizing a well known game series for a "wider audience." Characters are simplistic, disposable, and forgettable; I couldn't tell you who is in this game besides JC, Adam, and Tracer Tong. The plot and all the new story elements introduced are poorly written and embarassing when placed next to its predecessor. It's a real shame that this black mark is on the series considering how amazing the original and Human Revolution are. I can't think of a single positive thing about it so I give it a "1" because it is playable. Expand
  7. Aug 18, 2012
    It's just bad. It's just really really horribly awful.
    After playing this alongside other similar titles from the same era in a marathon today, I can finally put into words WHY its's bad.
    Atmospherics- There are none. Literally. I'm not talking about the graphics being outdated. There just simply wasn't any thought put into the areas whatsoever. The outside city area feels
    It's just bad. It's just really really horribly awful.

Atmospherics-
    There are none. Literally. I'm not talking about the graphics being outdated. There just simply wasn't any thought put into the areas whatsoever. The outside city area feels claustrophobic and sterile. The inside areas feel bare and unused. The entire game feels like it's made out of plastic or that one episode of the Twilight Zone where everything was a child's diorama. It's as if a business executive poked his head into the design team's studio, glared at his watch as the team were painstakingly planning corridors then just screamed "PUT A NEON SIGN ON IT. THERE ITS A CITY. You're costing me money" before storming out.

Characters-
    Every NPC in the game is a paper cut-out of a human being. Their motivation seemingly written by a child. I AM A MANAGER I LIKE MONEY. BUSINESS IS BAD. NEED TO MAKE BUSINESS GOOD. I am a worker, beep bop boop. Work is hard. I hate working. I am lazy beep bop boop.
    It's hard to feel any remorse when you throw their corpses around as they were never really alive to begin with. I know that in this era, AI was still rather rudimentary, however, after rubbing a dead guard against a non-hostile live guard's face, I was expecting some kind of reaction. A simple "put that down" or attack action would've been fine. Instead I got nothing, and that's where the problem in Deus Ex lies. It isn't wholeheartedly filled with terrible ideas. It isn't filled with anything. The game is just bare and unabashedly gleeful as can be about it. Story characters aren't given any sort of backstory beyond a vague summary probably written on a dirty napkin in a design meeting. Within the first hour or two you're already confronted with your "factions" argument, a trope that has seen better days.

Story
    The story resembles a "my first betrayal" pop up book and is highly characteristic of these sorts of games. This alone isn't a failing merit but nothing new has been done with it at all. There are vague elements of Beyond Good & Evil, a more well polished, sucessful game that came out only a year or two prior, only they're executed without any finesse. Whereas BG&E gave you a reason to want to uncover the truth and convince others to see it Invisible War doesn't really care what you do either way. It's just irritated that you're taking so long, so there are no hints or subtleties, just cereal box headlines rammed down your throat. Bad map design, terrible hollow combat, almost useless stealth features and a character customization system that has no customization. I've played everything and this is just terrible with no redeeming features.
  8. Mar 13, 2011
    I can't even bring myself to finish the game. The overall look has lost the grit that made the original so real, and the menu navigation has become a pain.
  9. Nov 29, 2010
    I recently bought this in a Deus Ex offer, DX1 and DX2 for a few £. I absolutely loved the original when it first came out and I still do. But this, "sequel", really has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

The gameplay is mundane and unexciting, the storyline is plain boring and uninspiring and the game design is just plain bad, objects falling through floors?! Despite all the problems that DX1 had with it's ambitious game design, DX2 doesn't even come close to being as good as the original.

Pleased I didn't pay full price for this one and at least I've got the original to make up for it.
  10. DavidW
    Jan 3, 2010
    Very disapointing and frustrating game. Completely unbalanced combat. You are either up against weak and incompetent opponents or over-powered Paladins that you cannot fight because there is not enough ammo available in the level to take them down...so the only option is to run past them to the next area. All the levels are cramped and poorly designed. The AI is non existent; there were Very disapointing and frustrating game. Completely unbalanced combat. You are either up against weak and incompetent opponents or over-powered Paladins that you cannot fight because there is not enough ammo available in the level to take them down...so the only option is to run past them to the next area. All the levels are cramped and poorly designed. The AI is non existent; there were loads of times I thought "the AI should not be allowing me do this" or "why is that turret not firing at me? what kind of security is this?". The only feature I like is the option to choose whether to kill or render unconscious you opponents. Generally a pretty crap game overall IMO. Expand
  11. SeanW
    Dec 6, 2009
    Every bit as awful as you've heard, and a complete travesty on an absolutely brilliant original game. The good news is at least this seems to have spelled the end of Harvey Smith's burgeoning game-destroying, I mean game-designing career. I have never despised an individual game developer before, but his ham-handed ruination of Deus Ex was enough to do it. He should be flipping Every bit as awful as you've heard, and a complete travesty on an absolutely brilliant original game. The good news is at least this seems to have spelled the end of Harvey Smith's burgeoning game-destroying, I mean game-designing career. I have never despised an individual game developer before, but his ham-handed ruination of Deus Ex was enough to do it. He should be flipping burgers instead, which he's far more suited to (although I wouldn't count on him being able to stick to the complex recipe required of most basic burgers). Hope DX3 is enough to erase this garbage from our collective memories. Expand
  12. Biv
    Sep 3, 2009
    There's several areas that killed the game for me - most notably the atrocious level design. It's definately pretty for it's time, but everywhere is signposted in neon lights that don't actually give off any light. Pictures float where they haven't been aligned to the walls properly. There are holes in the scenery. Doors open in the wrong direction. Everywhere There's several areas that killed the game for me - most notably the atrocious level design. It's definately pretty for it's time, but everywhere is signposted in neon lights that don't actually give off any light. Pictures float where they haven't been aligned to the walls properly. There are holes in the scenery. Doors open in the wrong direction. Everywhere feels cramped and any sense of exploration is absent. Apartment blocks with only four rooms. 'Outdoor' areas that are actually enclosed in 40 foot-high walls. The first moment of disbelief was searching in Make Ballistics for a high-security lab that holds a prototype weapon - it was actually just around the corner from the reception desk. If not bad enough, the short corridor leading up to it ends abruptly before you ascent a short ladder to a balcony, where the lab is located. That's right, no stairs or elevator, a ladder inside a corporate building! This kind of junk should have never got past the planning stage. That said, there is glimmers of the opposite - the Cairo Arcology being notable and use of dynamic lighting. Encounters can be equally awkward. It seems that everyone wants to pour out every ounce of sensitive information they hold when bumping into them for the first time. Even worse, these are often in massive, monotonic paragraphs making these easily forgettable. These issues wouldn't be so bad if the core game mechanics were in place, but the game is shackled in shoddy AI, useless currency, and an almost unlimited supply of multi-tools and health kits to be found in every corner. Below average - another Daikatana. Exactly the sort of game that if purchased after release full price would leave people bummed and swayed toward piracy - and that sucks for all concerned. Expand
  13. FrobozzTheMad
    Aug 20, 2008
    DX2 while nice in concept was awful in many ways. As mentioned, the characters were flat and uninteresting, the systems (like ammo and combat in general) too simplified and the levels far too small. DX2 is a perfect example of what happens when a perfectly good computer game is redesigned into something it shouldn't be... i.e. a console game. The worst part about the game is that DX2 while nice in concept was awful in many ways. As mentioned, the characters were flat and uninteresting, the systems (like ammo and combat in general) too simplified and the levels far too small. DX2 is a perfect example of what happens when a perfectly good computer game is redesigned into something it shouldn't be... i.e. a console game. The worst part about the game is that even with a powerful system and a good graphics card, the movement still seems clunky and unnatural. I admit, I consider the original DX one of the greatest games ever made and praise it along with the likes of System Shock 2 and Escape from Butcher Bay. DX2 is only a shadow of the original, and even if I give it the benefit of complete separation from it's predecessor, and treat it as it's own stand-alone game, It's barely worthy of a gamer's time. I ended up playing through it twice within about a 3-day period before retiring it to the dusbin of my CD case. While I load up and maybe play through the original about every year or so, DX2 hasn't seen the light of day since. Expand
  14. PaulS.
    Jun 22, 2008
    This is the worst shooter I have ever played, bar none. The original Doom was more sophisticated. I am glad I only paid $15 for it. Deus Ex was awesome, but this is a steaming pile.
  15. Mike
    Mar 5, 2008
    This game in no way lives up to the original. Its horrible and most of the game play elements that made the first one great have been entirely cut out.
  16. AR
    Dec 8, 2007
    No need in repeating the complaints of everyone else who gave it a <5 rating. But:
    Did anyone else notice the way the characters' arms never managed to quite come to rest at their sides - hovering several degrees short of a natural position by their sides?

Was it due to the horrible not-quite-anime styling they seemed to have adopted? Or was it to make the arms stand out for the low-resolution of the console? Or was it because they rushed it out and didn't bother to rig the models properly?

I suppose it doesn't matter, given the other horrific elements of this game.
  17. A.R.
    Nov 3, 2007
    Forget the lobotomised combat, level design and character customization system. I could deal with these things, like the poor AI and graphics of the original. However, simultaneous to consolisation technically, the characters are all one-dimensional and unconvincing and the narrative is alltogether forgettable. I didn't just come to trust the original Tracer Tong's judgments, I Forget the lobotomised combat, level design and character customization system. I could deal with these things, like the poor AI and graphics of the original. However, simultaneous to consolisation technically, the characters are all one-dimensional and unconvincing and the narrative is alltogether forgettable. I didn't just come to trust the original Tracer Tong's judgments, I made it so that he trusted me. I understood The Smuggler's motivations and situation. I returned to warn him in to leaving New York. Alex and Jaime had their reasons for leaving UNATCO, Carter had his own opinion, opposing and just as legit, about staying - Ideological reasons. I actually REMEMBER the story behind completely peripheral and ancillary characters like Sandra Renton when I ran into her again in LA. Jock made me respect his closed nature, but I sure had fun digging around in his HK apartment reading his Emails to figure him out (indeed, a location I only found after numerous run-throughs). The info was there, it was a detailed and subtle world inhabited by complex characters. I felt sorry for Nicolette when she reminisced at the old Chateau about her past. Even minor characters like Lucius Debeers presented an unclear, heavy moral dilemma above coffee wars. I can remember the deep philosophical insights of the prototype AI in its side-room. It's ideas made me feel for where our own world is headed. It wasn't just believable, it in fact, resonated with reality. I can't even recall the names of Invisible War's secondary characters, let alone their motivations and background stories, if they had any. I do remember that you could basically double-cross all the factions and nobody really cared, though. I remember that Klara was pretty much just a vapid, ambitious nonentity. But I only remember that 'coz she was hot. The game is half the length of the original and that half is not even half as detailed. While the consolitis is inexcusable, I think it's a microcosm for larger, sustained and crippling problems with the game's narrative design and setting establishment. I felt like I was controlling the narrative more than that the world was happening around me. I'm going to give this a three. It would be nonsensical to rate this against other FPS on the market before comparing to it's predecessor. It is, after all, a sequel. Expand
  18. BlutiF.
    Jun 29, 2007
    This game has so many bugs it crashes, fails to reload games, freezes up, gets stuck in loops when replaying dialogue....completely frustrating and ruins the play.
  19. AnthonyB.
    Jun 2, 2007
    Absolutely not a good game, not on it's own merit, -absolutely- not compared to the original Deus Ex. Bug riddled with ridiculously long load times, poorly designed levels and gameplay (universal ammo, tiny clausterphobic levels, horrible interface, few story choices or morality play), and ripped in half to fit on the XBOX console, this is just a bad, bad game, and a hideous example Absolutely not a good game, not on it's own merit, -absolutely- not compared to the original Deus Ex. Bug riddled with ridiculously long load times, poorly designed levels and gameplay (universal ammo, tiny clausterphobic levels, horrible interface, few story choices or morality play), and ripped in half to fit on the XBOX console, this is just a bad, bad game, and a hideous example of "money > all" -- Warren Spector would turn over in his grave... the Warren Spector that doesn't suckle the tit of big money, that is. The one that made the original Deus Ex because he wanted to play a fun game, not the one that made this absurd "sequel in name only" to cash in on the console fad. Disgusting. Expand
  20. EricH.
    Apr 1, 2007
    One of the worst, most bug riddled releases ever to be produced. Thsi game, sequal to one of the best, most open and free-form games ever made is a pure travesty. More over this dispicable nonesense is entirely the fault of Microsoft. Yes, you heard riight. After that big, fat cheque was cashed by the dev team to ensure that the XBOX version got priority, the PC version was destroyed. One of the worst, most bug riddled releases ever to be produced. Thsi game, sequal to one of the best, most open and free-form games ever made is a pure travesty. More over this dispicable nonesense is entirely the fault of Microsoft. Yes, you heard riight. After that big, fat cheque was cashed by the dev team to ensure that the XBOX version got priority, the PC version was destroyed. Because they had to make a powerful, potentially very capable game scale down to the pathetic likes of that hobbled console, we ended up with the worlds ugliest textures, hysterical physics, TINY levels (you cab run across some in 3 seconds!!! Literally!) and totally linear design. This last part alone is inexcusable - Deus Ex was one of the first games to offer real choice and real consequences - In this game, nothing you do matters. It is just a corrider FPS with conversations. There is a reason that Warren Spector (Lead DEV of this game) no longer works in the industry, and this game is it Expand
  21. PatrickS.
    Sep 17, 2006
    It just wasn't what the hype was all about.
  22. SmellyTerror
    Aug 7, 2006
    Oh hell no. It runs fine on my machine, but gameplay that involves backtracking through areas over and over, through mulitple loading screens, is just stupid, horrible design. Yuck. Shots fly through people without hitting, the AI scripting is abysmal, the optional quests are dull, and the gameplay is repetitive. Loved Deus Ex, hate this.
  23. Kevin
    May 27, 2004
    Short, simplfied, ugly, and uninspired. If you are a fan of Deus Ex and MUST play this game, then wait for the bargain bin.
  24. Treva
    Mar 22, 2004
    Felt compelled to tell you people how much this game sucks because it dosen't support the MX series of Geforce chips SO I CANT PLAY!
  25. JoelA.
    Feb 18, 2004
    I've condisered the original Deus Ex to one of the greatest PC games ever. I was very excited to get my hands on the sequel. I didn't read any reviews before buying because I knew I'd buy it anyways... Boy, do I regret that decision now! DX2 Invisible War is one of the worst sequels ever in PC gaming. Eidos absolutely butchered this release. The game crashes to black screen I've condisered the original Deus Ex to one of the greatest PC games ever. I was very excited to get my hands on the sequel. I didn't read any reviews before buying because I knew I'd buy it anyways... Boy, do I regret that decision now! DX2 Invisible War is one of the worst sequels ever in PC gaming. Eidos absolutely butchered this release. The game crashes to black screen causing me to reboot about 10 percent of the time. The game looks like a console. The game handles like a console. Invisible War has been dumbed down to console level. I could go on and on with the gripes about this game but I won't. I now very scared about how they'll butcher another of my favorite games, Thief. Thief 3 I pray will have some redeeming value. Unfortuneately Invisible War doesn't. Expand
  26. BillP.
    Dec 12, 2003
    Compared to dx1, this sequel reaks of the stench of console. Ion Storm, like so many corporations and people nowadays, could care less about substance over style. Ion storm used to have my respect as a game developer; however, after playing this joke of a sequel to one of the greatest games made, and then being lied to by Warren Spector in regards to not dumbing- the-game-down when Compared to dx1, this sequel reaks of the stench of console. Ion Storm, like so many corporations and people nowadays, could care less about substance over style. Ion storm used to have my respect as a game developer; however, after playing this joke of a sequel to one of the greatest games made, and then being lied to by Warren Spector in regards to not dumbing- the-game-down when it's obvious they programmed the game using the lowest common denominator(xbox), I will never again buy a game developed by this company. I assume they are going to butcher, oh, excuse me, STREAM LINE thief 3 so the xbox kiddies will like it. I don't mind being lied to Ion Storm, just don't piss on my face and then tell me it's raining....sell outs!!!!!!! Collapse
  27. HarryH.
    Dec 7, 2003
    A very sad day for computer gaming. Deus Ex stood out because of the character modification (through both skill and biomods), the large complex environments, and the flexible gameplay. In this lobotomized sequel, most of the fun elements have been removed, leaving a sad, dreary-looking console port. The character drawings just look dumb, and the physics engine doesn't make them look A very sad day for computer gaming. Deus Ex stood out because of the character modification (through both skill and biomods), the large complex environments, and the flexible gameplay. In this lobotomized sequel, most of the fun elements have been removed, leaving a sad, dreary-looking console port. The character drawings just look dumb, and the physics engine doesn't make them look any better after they've been killed. Skills are gone. "Universal ammo" is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen anyplace. Possibly the worst sequel in the history of sequels. Expand
  28. "Harv'sNoBroofMine"Smith
    Dec 6, 2003
    Yet another disappointment to add to 2003's roster. Throw in the Matrix sequels and it just hasn't been a good year. What's to say that hasn't been said ad nauseum a thousand times already? The game is a sick joke, primarily (though not only) because frankly, it's a second-rate console port. The game design decisions (unified ammo stands out as a good example) are Yet another disappointment to add to 2003's roster. Throw in the Matrix sequels and it just hasn't been a good year. What's to say that hasn't been said ad nauseum a thousand times already? The game is a sick joke, primarily (though not only) because frankly, it's a second-rate console port. The game design decisions (unified ammo stands out as a good example) are so unfathomable, detrimental, and brainless that it really is a marvel. Suffice it to say DXIW is an awful, incredibly disappointing gaming experience for any fan of the original. Console kiddies may have better mileage, but nonetheless, its blasphemed lineage aside, this game is second-rate at best. May Harvey Smith, and the "team" responsible for this travesty, rot in whatever hell might be reserved for programmers who can so stupidly and wittingly betray the wonderful legacy they were given to build on. Resquiat in pace, Deus Ex. Expand
  29. ThomasP.
    Dec 4, 2003
    Well, I tried to give Ion Storm the benefit of the doubt on this game, but sadly this game lived up to the expectations created by the demo. I won't bother to list the myriad of things wrong with it from console dumbing-down to unified ammo to pathetic AI, because they've all been said a million times now. And they're true. That is to say, one of the worst FPS games Well, I tried to give Ion Storm the benefit of the doubt on this game, but sadly this game lived up to the expectations created by the demo. I won't bother to list the myriad of things wrong with it from console dumbing-down to unified ammo to pathetic AI, because they've all been said a million times now. And they're true. That is to say, one of the worst FPS games I've ever played. I tweaked the graphical settings and it's still a dog. I tweaked the control settings and it still plays so poorly that in the end I gave up and turned on auto-aim just to slog through the story to see if at least that part of the game was good enough to warrant playing the game. I haven't finished the game, but yes, the story is quite good so far. That's the only reason I gave it a 4, but at the same time it also makes it that much more of a disappointment when you realize how great a game it should have been (and would've been had it not been a straight xbox port with zero additional effort--they couldn't even be bothered setting up the ini files properly for a PC). Expand
  30. PaulB.
    Dec 4, 2003
    I don't care what Warren Spector has to say this game has console written all over it. I can just read his mind now "aaa they bought and liked the first one they will surly go out and buy this one no matter what crap we give them". Computer Gamers Everywhere Revolt!!!!!!!!!!
  31. ChrisC.
    Dec 3, 2003
    I cannot believe this is what came to be the sequel of one of the best games ever. They took out all of what was good, made bad AI even worse, and then locked the framerate at under 20 on high end systems. I'm not sure to laugh or cry... but this is one very mean joke on the parts of Ion Storm. Where's Deus Ex 2? This is garbage.
  32. Anon
    Dec 3, 2003
    This is not a horrible game, but it is also not very good. I'm sure I might enjoy it if I got more than 20 FPS with my Radeon 9800, but I don't. When the graphics look worse than a game a year old but manage to give me half as many frames per second, I know something is very wrong. Add in dumbed down gameplay (one ammo type? no leaning? horrid AI?) and you've got a game This is not a horrible game, but it is also not very good. I'm sure I might enjoy it if I got more than 20 FPS with my Radeon 9800, but I don't. When the graphics look worse than a game a year old but manage to give me half as many frames per second, I know something is very wrong. Add in dumbed down gameplay (one ammo type? no leaning? horrid AI?) and you've got a game that makes me thankful I can return it! Thank you Software ETC! Expand
  33. WarrenS.
    Dec 3, 2003
    I am very disappointed to have the sequel to Deus Ex be something as low quality as this. I apologize to the fans, and hope that the lack of graphical detail, gameplay complexity, adequate performance, quality AI, and general lack of polish will not deter you from considering Deus Ex 3. Do not worry, Harvey Smith will have nothing to do with it... we shall make a sequel that lives up to I am very disappointed to have the sequel to Deus Ex be something as low quality as this. I apologize to the fans, and hope that the lack of graphical detail, gameplay complexity, adequate performance, quality AI, and general lack of polish will not deter you from considering Deus Ex 3. Do not worry, Harvey Smith will have nothing to do with it... we shall make a sequel that lives up to Deus Ex and surpasses this garbage DX:IW in every way. Expand
  34. MattW.
    Dec 3, 2003
    Wow, I felt obligated to respond after I saw "J. S." write such a phony review of a game he clearly has never played. If he had played it, he'd know the graphics aren't even in the same league of games like UT2003 or Call of Duty let alone Half-Life 2 or Doom 3. If he had played it, he'd know the Havok physics and lighting system do nothing to improve the game. If he had Wow, I felt obligated to respond after I saw "J. S." write such a phony review of a game he clearly has never played. If he had played it, he'd know the graphics aren't even in the same league of games like UT2003 or Call of Duty let alone Half-Life 2 or Doom 3. If he had played it, he'd know the Havok physics and lighting system do nothing to improve the game. If he had played it, he might have decided to not give it a 10. Actually, looking at most of these reviews makes me laugh as it's clear people haven't even played the demo let alone the full game. 10s? Have you seen the AI, the laughable physics, the shoddy graphics, and horrid interface? Wow, you folks really must have bad taste in games if that gets a 10 from you. Or maybe... maybe, you thought this was a 1-100 rating scale? If so, then yes... 10 sounds about reasonable. Expand
  35. EdwardH.
    Dec 3, 2003
    While it seems like my fellow reviewers are as mindless as the game, I'll try to put a bit of honesty into this section. Nope, this does not surpass the original. While everyone's favorite "hardcore" (haha, sarcasm is fun) gaming mag GamePro claims it's perfect, it hardly is. I noticed most of the people below didn't even buy the game, which explains why they talk While it seems like my fellow reviewers are as mindless as the game, I'll try to put a bit of honesty into this section. Nope, this does not surpass the original. While everyone's favorite "hardcore" (haha, sarcasm is fun) gaming mag GamePro claims it's perfect, it hardly is. I noticed most of the people below didn't even buy the game, which explains why they talk about dynamic lighting (looks nice, but has zero effect on gameplay), havok physics (horribly implemented, and has no affect on gameplay, and odd design decisions (one ammo, minimal RPG elements, cramped levels?). If you liked the original, and consider yourself intelligent do not get this game. If you never even knew there was an original, and consider Halo to be the best thing since sliced bread then give this a shot. Consider it the lobotomized version of Deus Ex that chugs along at a horrid framerate. Expand
  36. SammyJ.
    Dec 3, 2003
    A game that led many to have high expectations, but with massive graphic reductions earlier in the year, with questionable design decisions it is hard for a fan of the original to enjoy anything in the game. Worth considering if you like slower paced action shooters, worth avoiding like the plague if you were expecting a worthy sequel to the original.
  37. BrianL.
    Dec 1, 2003
    This game can be summed up in five words: awful awful awful awful awful.

1. One of the most captivating and thoroughly polished titles in recent times. It’s not perfect, however anyone who has an interest in well-crafted Sci-Fi storylines a la "Minority Report" will find themselves completely captivated with this game.
  2. A somewhat disappointing, but fun sequel.
  3. It absolutely defines mediocrity.