Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition PC

8.2

1. Mar 22, 2015
    The game takes place at the beginning of the Devil May Cry timeline, giving us a cheeky younger Dante who embarks on a quest to stop his twin brother Vergil from conquering the human world with a demon made tower named Temin-Ni-Gru. Dante faces several threats through his adventure, gaining several new devil arms and unique Styles, constantly moving to new locations. Several collectables,The game takes place at the beginning of the Devil May Cry timeline, giving us a cheeky younger Dante who embarks on a quest to stop his twin brother Vergil from conquering the human world with a demon made tower named Temin-Ni-Gru. Dante faces several threats through his adventure, gaining several new devil arms and unique Styles, constantly moving to new locations. Several collectables, new costumes and modes, including another Bloody Palace. Expand
  2. Mar 10, 2012
    Even now the game with help of some actions looks great on HD screens, the OST is simply one of the best and the story is really cool. And the fighting - ummmmm, it is simply PERFECT!!!
  3. Dec 29, 2011
    This is a terrible port, alright. But it's terrible on one way only: The controls. If you have a gamepad, you're ready to go. If you google how to config your controller and use xpadder to make your controller's triggers work, there is absolutely NO problem. Also, always play on 4:3 resolutions, and if your screen is too big, use windowed mode. Well then, with this in mind, the game is theThis is a terrible port, alright. But it's terrible on one way only: The controls. If you have a gamepad, you're ready to go. If you google how to config your controller and use xpadder to make your controller's triggers work, there is absolutely NO problem. Also, always play on 4:3 resolutions, and if your screen is too big, use windowed mode. Well then, with this in mind, the game is the same as the PS2 one. So yeah, it's EPIC, One of the best hack'n'slash games EVER made. Good story, awesome cutscenes, the game is hard as hell and has the best bosses I've ever seen in a game. It's not a retarded button mash game, it actually requires skill, focus and reflexes, you have to learn how to play it to be good at it. It deserves a 10/10, but... Even if the problems can be fixed, they're still there, I can't give a 10/10 to a port with some problems. 9/10 is the perfect score for this game on PC. The PS2 version is an easy 10/10. Expand
  4. Mar 23, 2013
    Is that hard to release the HD collection for PC?
    I think capcom should release the HD collection for PC(With a better PC port)
    Make this happen CAPCOM!!!
  5. Sep 19, 2013
    Great game, a little aggrieved when porting to the PC in terms of graphics and buggy gamepad, but with the ability to use third-party software, control is easily adjusted.
  6. TaharattheDarkSIde
    Feb 3, 2007
    Very Cool Game! This was the first time I played DMC and utterly enjoyed it. Dante's so cool and so stylish. Though the bosses are a bit tough but Overall this game Deserves real credit. Great Job Capcom I hope DMC 4 is just as god as this one.
  7. DanielJ.
    Jul 4, 2006
    Althought the DMC3SE is not compatibile with all gamepads, this is the best action game for a PC game that I have play it, with a story and actions for every battle that makes you want to play again for over and over.
  8. P.A.
    Jun 20, 2007
    This game is a VERY GOOD game! The hardest I ever played! I like challange.
  9. BlaineF.
    Jun 27, 2007
    This is such a good gmae I love the battle system and its music and some of the attacks you could use. I had fun playing it and good graphics.
  10. NicholasS.
    Jul 15, 2007
    The graphics may be worse than the ps2, but it's still great. The fast pace action is really nice and If you have a analog controller the control will be nice also. (if u dont have 1 then u need to get one). The battle system is awesome, enemies are awesome, boss fights are awesome. The only lack is of the intense puzzles that u would find in dmc1.
  11. JannikV.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Great geame with great fun! I love the fighting system and if you have a analog controller you won't have any difficulties with the controls.
  12. Leinad177
    Feb 5, 2008
    Best game ever...I seriously want to slap though idiots who gave it a bad rating.
  13. MitchO.
    Feb 8, 2008
    This is one of my overall favorite games of all time. I can see why the PS2 version is superior. But this is still awesome!
  14. BryanN.
    Jul 13, 2006
    A typical Capcom game with spectacular visuals and well animated movie clips. The storyline was intriguing to keep playing non stop and boss battles were awesome with some cool moves for Dante.
  15. DavidB.
    Jul 21, 2006
    Really good game. I enjoy watching dante make all those SUPER COOL moves. The argument is pretty cool too and it helps to understand DMC 1. A lot of new content and 1 new character make of this game a gem that you must play.
  16. S.T.A.R.SPunisher
    Jul 9, 2006
    This is one of the greatest games i've ever played. It it fun, has great graphics, and doesnt cost too much money.
  17. Novi4ekNone
    Aug 26, 2006
    good game
  18. ConstantineS.
    Aug 26, 2006
    It's realy COOL game. I'm absolutly crazy about it!! Capcom rulez!!! I want play DMC4!
  19. gamemaster06
    Oct 22, 2007
    Screw the thing that controls are wierd. But the game kicks ass, its very creative and interactive to play. If you like games with rad slashing ... get it now!!!
  20. Barlog
    May 31, 2007
    Fools.... this game is very, very good... Have you installed the latest patch and bought a very good joypad? No? So don't vote till you play with them.
  21. NeilP.
    Jul 22, 2007
    Ive never had the opportunity to play this games on the ps2. Its the first game in the series i have played and i am absolutly loving it. I think its great!!
  22. NabeelH.
    Jun 18, 2007
    It is bloody wicked! the slashing with the swords is TOTALLY awesome.

1. games(TM)
    There’s more new content than you’d usually find in a Special Edition. [May 2006, p.128]
  2. PC Format
    Just don't blame us for the clumsy controls, dodgy camera angles and ultra-frustrating gameplay. [Sept 2006, p.104]
  3. PC Zone UK
    DMC3 has a few conversion issues - low-res textures and fiddly joypad setting-up - and lack of quicksaves can be infuriating when you have to begin a boss battle all over again, but overall it's infernal fun. [Oct 2006, p.78]