3.9

1. Feb 19, 2013
    Biggest disappointment in PC gaming world. Blizzard took the near-masterpiece of Diablo 2 and dumbed it down for the WoW generation that needs instant gratification in everything. The story is god awful, worse than the trash Hollywood puts out every day. The items system is terrible everyone wants the same main stat/ vit crit crit dmg on every item and there is no choice. The actualBiggest disappointment in PC gaming world. Blizzard took the near-masterpiece of Diablo 2 and dumbed it down for the WoW generation that needs instant gratification in everything. The story is god awful, worse than the trash Hollywood puts out every day. The items system is terrible everyone wants the same main stat/ vit crit crit dmg on every item and there is no choice. The actual amount of content is ABYSMALLY small (about 6-8 hours of gameplay) which is then replayed over and over in higher difficulties. Most classes run the same 2-3 builds because everything else sucks. Maps have almost 0 randomization, putting a huge dent in the replayability value that Diablo 2 and any good ARPG is known for. Game STILL doesn't have a full PvP system as of this writing, outside of gimmicky "brawling". Blizzard tried to dumb the game down and make money, but the players showed them that Diablo 3 is nothing but a polished turd, even after all of the patches to improve the game. For fans of good ARPGs like Diablo 2 I would highly recommend Path of Exile it reminds me of playing Diablo 2 for the first time. Expand
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]]

after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]] after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]] after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]] after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]] after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]]

after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win
  3. Mar 4, 2013
    The best example yet why marketers should not have a voice in Game Design. Company policy is fine with Customers paying for their mistakes. Also, the game is unreasonably expensive.
  4. Mar 7, 2013
    Played this game a lot at launch, took a break, and recently picked it up again. Around launch time, things revolved too much around the real money auction house. They still do. Even though the developers continue to make changes to itemization, and while setting the monster power level increases XP gain and magic find chance, finding legendary items is still super rare and requiresPlayed this game a lot at launch, took a break, and recently picked it up again. Around launch time, things revolved too much around the real money auction house. They still do. Even though the developers continue to make changes to itemization, and while setting the monster power level increases XP gain and magic find chance, finding legendary items is still super rare and requires tons of grinding. The auction house is the carrot on a stick tempting you to bypass that grind by paying real money or tons of gold for end game items. End game items are pretty lackluster thanks to the changes in character development. The damage your skills do is now purely based on your weapon DPS which is tied to your character's chief attribute point. So if you're a barb all you'll care about is strength and vitality, a demon hunter or monk dex and vit, wizard int and vit, etc. So when you see a new item, if it doesn't have those bonuses to those attributes, it's essentially useless with a few rare exceptions. You also no longer have control over how to distribute your attribute points narrowing the list of viable builds for each class. Additionally, you unlock skills in order as you level up. "Runes" can be selected for each skill which augment or totally change how it works. Skills can also be swapped out at will once unlocked. This helps maintain some variety in play, but the number of skills are pretty scant compared to Diablo II. PvP was recently implemented, but most people seem to be doing PvE runs for legendaries or unique sets. Very few people are playing compared to Diablo II, a game nearly 15 years old at this point which should tell you something about how long times fans have been receiving it. Unless you're new to action RPGs or have never played a Diablo game, it's hard to recommend Diablo III. Expand
  5. Mar 13, 2013
    Dull and repetitive, even the carbon copy storyline fails to give anything new. With each level it's only really the graphics that change. I won't even start on the always on-line requirement. AVOID.
  6. Apr 26, 2013
    i bought that game on pre-sale, played it about 3/4 weeks and never open ir again. Why? Diablo 3 spotted the Diablo brand. Shame on you Blizzard, i was your fan. Why make the system too simplistic? Diablo 3 spell system is designed for a kid.

The auction system has complete destroyed the entire game. The campaign are so quickly and repetitive.
  7. May 11, 2013
    Potential was wasted, game is currently destroyed by bots, ah/rmah. PvP is a mockery of the players. Randomness map? no such thing exists. Maybe Expansion will repair this destroyed game. Now waiting for PS3 version. Playing is wasting the time its Pay2Win. Only 3 for initial good impression.
  8. Jun 29, 2013
    The good thing about diablo 3 is the goblin.
    The good thing about diablo 3 is the goblin.
    If they made diablo 2 lod with better graphic i think more would buy that game, than diablo 3. Everything that made diablo 2 good, is now missing, What i miss the most are the rune words, and the skill system. And i never had one decent drop, with over 200 hours gameplay. And yes, i do have mf and a budy of mione gave me items that i only could have been dreaming on getting myslef. I can play monster lvevl 5 all acts easy
  9. Jul 12, 2013
    Dumbed down. No choices that matter. Way more action than RPG. World too small (see Sacred 2). Items and item stats horrible. This is a loot finding game where a normal amount of playtime for a working adult (5 or so hours a week) will take you decades to find interesting items i did'nt say buy...). AH bad idea for those who only want to solo the game and find cool items. Bliz madeDumbed down. No choices that matter. Way more action than RPG. World too small (see Sacred 2). Items and item stats horrible. This is a loot finding game where a normal amount of playtime for a working adult (5 or so hours a week) will take you decades to find interesting items i did'nt say buy...). AH bad idea for those who only want to solo the game and find cool items. Bliz made this for a new (WoW) type of gamer, not a hardcore old-school gamer that wants the thrill of the hunt. Leveling waaay too fast. No runes as objects. Poor customization for items/item upgrades. Stash too small. Unnecessary gold sinks. Items better in Van Helsing, and it's a $15 game! Some people like what they've done... I'm ok with that, but this is now an online focused game that can be played solo. I'd be happy if it was a game that could be played solo without any interaction with anyone or online influence on game design. Always online doesnt bother me, i have good net. It's being forced to play in others sandbox. Expand
  10. Jul 19, 2013
    The worst gaming purchase I've ever made. Besides enforcing draconian DRM without makign a truly connected world, fails to reach the bar raised by its predecessors in the art direction, music, mechanics and story. It's lame narrative, coupled with a purposedly dumbed down control (for console testing), linear gameplay and shallow progression system makes this an incredible disappointingThe worst gaming purchase I've ever made. Besides enforcing draconian DRM without makign a truly connected world, fails to reach the bar raised by its predecessors in the art direction, music, mechanics and story. It's lame narrative, coupled with a purposedly dumbed down control (for console testing), linear gameplay and shallow progression system makes this an incredible disappointing experience. Expand
  11. Jul 25, 2013
    After playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game isAfter playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game is frustrating to play. The terrible repetition makes me really sick. Poor game design. The game looks like only for elemental school kids. Expand
  12. Aug 6, 2013
    Somehow they managed to remove all the fun factor from diablo in this sequel. Finding gear becomes boring as 99.9% of drops are garbage, unlocking new abilities not rewarding because most of the suck. When the game came out the balance was flat out BROKEN in inferno. It still is but nowhere near as much. Using the auction house is MANDATORY and so is gearing and speccing defensively inSomehow they managed to remove all the fun factor from diablo in this sequel. Finding gear becomes boring as 99.9% of drops are garbage, unlocking new abilities not rewarding because most of the suck. When the game came out the balance was flat out BROKEN in inferno. It still is but nowhere near as much. Using the auction house is MANDATORY and so is gearing and speccing defensively in inferno. Choice? Nope, if you try experiment you'll suck. There is cookie cutter spec and gear and that's the only thing you should ever use because its the only thing that is viable. Classes are imbalanced, Barbarian far outshines the other classes by a large margin, You can spend 500m on a barb and wreck mp10 with ease (the hardest difficulty). Spend the same gold on a monk and you'll barely be able to do mp3, and die a lot. There's just no point in playing anything but a barb. Story is terrible and completely forgettable. Also blizzard are doing their usual thing and promising things and never deliver. They promised pvp, It's STILL not in the game. Some boss mechanics are flat out broken. Like act 2's boss can hit you and kill you in one hit before you can even react. Expand
  13. Aug 26, 2013
    I will try to be as unbiased as possible:

+ Fluent gamplay and fun combat + Good sound effects + Easy to learn... - easy to master - Horrible story, really the writing is atrocious - Skill system is pure **** - Doesn't offer any real customization - Graphics are always blurred and even highest setting looks bad - Horribly designed skills - Horrible itemization - General
    I will try to be as unbiased as possible:

+ Fluent gamplay and fun combat
    + Good sound effects
    + Easy to learn...

- easy to master
    - Horrible story, really the writing is atrocious
    - Skill system is pure ****
    - Doesn't offer any real customization
    - Graphics are always blurred and even highest setting looks bad
    - Horribly designed skills
    - Horrible itemization
    - General design of important game aspects underwhelming

All in all: 4/10 would not buy again.

As a Diablo fan you will find the story is an insult to the genre and to its fans. The itemization is just terrible and everybody who was tasked with the job should leave the gaming industry forever. As should the designers of the skill system it offers no customization at all. It is obvious that the D3 developers don't understand what makes a good aRPG because this game is an arcade game that caters to less than casual players.

As a Diablo fan this game is a: -1 10
  14. Sep 11, 2013
    I played this during release and whilst fun at first; I stopped after I noticed the game had glaring problems like bad loot and itemization, real-money auction house, class imbalance, online only, bots, etc etc...

Fast forward to a year, I tried playing it again hoping Blizzard finally patched the mess they did with this game. But nope, it still sucks and failed to live up to the hype.

What's funny is they're releasing an expansion that comes with a patch that'll supposedly fix loot and itemization AFTER A YEAR.

What a joke Blizzard has become.
  15. Sep 26, 2013
    the core of a arpg is gone in this game look for it to get better in 2014 with the rmah an the gah leaving the game everything in this game is well done but the core of the game is gone so i give it a 4.
  16. Sep 29, 2013
    This game just seems extremley outdated. Back when developers and designers had very limited resources it made sense to have fixed cameras and extremely linear paths, but for today standards of a full priced action rpg the it seems archaic.

For example, at first is seems fun walking linear paths using simple button presses to perform actions over and over, but of course this will get old very fast. So in order to stay immersed in the game and not get bored you may try exploring, but the game is to linear, (with limited backtracking and small paths), to have much fun exploring.

Then you may try to just appreciate the visuals, but as stylized as they are (which is not always a bad thing though very diffrent and much more cartoon then it's roots) with a fixed camera there is not a lot of flexibility when it comes to appreciating the scenery.

Then theres the hole level progression and loot motivator, but the game feels so streamlined and limited in these areas as well. I still wanted to enjoy this game despite all these flaws, and there is still fun to be found in the game, but sadly, the game is also extremely short. As much as I wish to enjoy this game, it sadly feels far to much like a chore playing it.
  17. Oct 18, 2013
    I consider myself a Diablo authority, having played both predecessors for more hours than I care to admit. I was lured into the original Diablo immediately, and Blizzard's games held me with an iron grip all the way through Warcraft III when college finally put a limit on the amount of time I was able to commit to gaming. I thought Diablo II was a triumph in every sense of theI consider myself a Diablo authority, having played both predecessors for more hours than I care to admit. I was lured into the original Diablo immediately, and Blizzard's games held me with an iron grip all the way through Warcraft III when college finally put a limit on the amount of time I was able to commit to gaming. I thought Diablo II was a triumph in every sense of the word—addicting, innovative, and a sequel that paid proper homage to the original by maintaining all that was good and improving upon everything else.

I will preface the review by saying I wanted to love this game. I wanted to be painfully addicted to this game. I wanted to remember why this franchise was so hard to get away from, so deeply immersing and impossible to put down. In short, I had high expectations, yes; but I also was willing to give this game every fair shot it deserved at grabbing and holding my attention.

This game was, without exception, the greatest gaming letdown I have ever experienced. Let's be clear: if Blizzard released this game under any other title, it would be lauded as a success and plenty of people would buy it and play it. Often, even. But this isn't a game under any other title—it's titled Diablo. And by failing to understand the sheer magnitude of that legacy and all the expectation that comes with it, Blizzard not only insulted and belittled its fanbase, but also disgraced this game's heritage in ways thought unimaginable. It's a shocking indignity that such a magnificent, groundbreaking series had to experience this piteous a fall from grace due to the blithe shortsightedness of its creators.

Diablo II was striking in its ultimate simplicity. Its success was not due to some enigmatic coincidence. It excelled at two pillars—variety and reward—that kept players coming back for hundreds if not thousands of hours of gameplay. Already finished leveling your sorceress? Great—now make a new one, choose a different skill tree, and you will experience an entirely different adventure. You'll find new items, new players, new strategies, new reasons to keep playing even after this new character. Put simply, you will never want to stop because the possibilities are truly endless.

Fast forward to Diablo III. Finished leveling your character? Don't bother creating a new one, because the ability to customize your character is utterly gone. Your second Monk will have all the same exact skills, abilities, and stats as your first, and you will have no control over them. (Blizzard's claim that the ability to customize your skill bar is equivalent to full character customization is as laughable as it is sad.)

Think the unique item you just found is cool? Yeah, it would be, except for the part where unique items are no longer unique, and they have randomized stats and abilities just like rare items. What's worse, every other player on the server has one just like yours because they bought one from the Auction House.

The gameplay isn't the only piece of this game with which I take issue. This isn't the first sequel to fail to live up to the gargantuan if not plainly unattainable legacy of its forebears. My biggest problem comes from Blizzard's shockingly arrogant and dismissive reaction to fan criticism that was unleashed—and en masse, I might add—upon the game's release. They not only denied to millions of fans across the world that the game had any apparent flaws: they also told fans, plainly and simply, that it was unacceptable to expect them to produce a game that resembled, in any fashion, the first two titles (indeed, how dare you expect such a thing).

Blizzard has become a great example of a company that has not only forgotten where it came from, but also forgotten who got it there. This game spits in the face of every fan who has ever loved a Diablo game for its innovation, commitment to variety, and seriously addictive gameplay. To end this review with the understatement of the year: this game isn't worthy of the name it bears.
  18. Oct 20, 2013
    The game is a major let down from is predecessors, which had a great variety in build and RPG mechanics, which was completely streamlined, for the worst. The the loot system itself is completely atrocious, making one single weapon to be more valuable than the rest of the gear combined, which is a poor loot choice. The art style is bland and generic, another major let down compared to theThe game is a major let down from is predecessors, which had a great variety in build and RPG mechanics, which was completely streamlined, for the worst. The the loot system itself is completely atrocious, making one single weapon to be more valuable than the rest of the gear combined, which is a poor loot choice. The art style is bland and generic, another major let down compared to the unique aesthetic from the originals. Don't buy this game if you value your money. Expand
  19. Oct 24, 2013
    Highly disappointing.

Pros Good animation, good combat feel, good story/cgi scenes
    Cons- Terrible drops, shallow character customization, dev team is skeleton crew divided between pc/console, so sloooooow content releases. Currently over a year since last content update.
  20. Oct 25, 2013
    I always use the Metacritic as a good and useful reference, like a good compass. But I'd never wrote a critic. Until Diablo 3 made me do it. I'm know the game, I'm a long time fan of Diablo series and I know that all the selling success was only fault of the success of the two earlier games. They could made the new Hello Kitty game with the name of Diablo 3, and the selling on the firstI always use the Metacritic as a good and useful reference, like a good compass. But I'd never wrote a critic. Until Diablo 3 made me do it. I'm know the game, I'm a long time fan of Diablo series and I know that all the selling success was only fault of the success of the two earlier games. They could made the new Hello Kitty game with the name of Diablo 3, and the selling on the first week would have the same result.
    Everything in this game is rage inducing, the storyline is twisted and the fun is absent. A game with a broken storyline with no fun. I'm must be bold with this: a game with no fun. The thing that what is all about, fun. And it is not there. The horror, the terror mood from the first two titles was gone too. Here in Rio we call it a fiasco, a big failure, a disaster. A sound, loud, clear and big FIASCO.
    My note, 3, is only for those people who was born before 2000, who never knew Diablo series and the Blizzard North geniuses. If you are one of them, Diablo is a score 3 game. Otherwise, it's 0.
  21. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm very disappointed because can't play offline, and the most i hate about it is, I can't sell to other person who has better Internet connection than me.
  22. Nov 18, 2013
    Its just not the game I was expecting. They shouldn't have even called it Diablo. This could be its own game with how different it is from D2.
    I like deep immersive game play, and Diablo 3 just runs short. The game feels scheduled, and I don't like that.
  23. Nov 19, 2013
    I loved Diablo 2 and the LoD expansion, but this game is just a flimsy shell of a once great franchise. Removal of LAN mode and offline single player mode, all in the name of reducing piracy rates, is just appalling. I have constant lag while playing alone, and the servers are down for maintenance nearly every weekend when I want to play (2am-5am). PS3 version has offline mode, why can't the PC?
  24. Dec 14, 2013
    Fun if you are a first timer to this genre, repetitive mindless hack slash otherwise. I liked this game a lot until I noticed that I had to be connected to the internet to play it even single player. So this game has lot of DRM (digital rights mgmt), which means that you may pay full price for the game, but the game is never truly yours to own, because it is constantly dependent on aFun if you are a first timer to this genre, repetitive mindless hack slash otherwise. I liked this game a lot until I noticed that I had to be connected to the internet to play it even single player. So this game has lot of DRM (digital rights mgmt), which means that you may pay full price for the game, but the game is never truly yours to own, because it is constantly dependent on a valid log in to the developers servers. One day someone hacked my game acct. and they closed the game down on, after-which Blizzard (game developer) sent me an email stating that if I want to keep playing I have to but a completely new copy of the game. I thought that was very disrespectful considering that game security is their responsibility. I advise buying a similar game on steam or origin to avoid it getting taken away from you, because as it turns out Blizzard gets hacked a lot and therefore shuts down many innocent costumer's accts. but keeps all royalties for themselves. Expand
  25. Dec 24, 2013
    Once you reach level 60 and you get good gear game gets booooooring. Specially when u play over and over again on same acts, Act 1 is the best in my oppinion, 2 was ok, 3 was mixed feelings and 4 is disaster, short and crap. first 2 acts has a bit of a story the rest was kill kill kill and kill the diablo done. It is way easier to get a good gear now then it was published. Now there's anOnce you reach level 60 and you get good gear game gets booooooring. Specially when u play over and over again on same acts, Act 1 is the best in my oppinion, 2 was ok, 3 was mixed feelings and 4 is disaster, short and crap. first 2 acts has a bit of a story the rest was kill kill kill and kill the diablo done. It is way easier to get a good gear now then it was published. Now there's an expansion coming out which will make game more interesting and probably more fun to play but the price is way overpriced 40$ 40€ which is worst for EU). Anyway I don't think this game scored more then 3/10 with expansion 7/10 probably. Blizzard is kinda rip of with their pricing strategy and turned a "OK" game into "Disaster". I wont recommend players purchasing much money on expansion, maybe wait for its price to drop then purchase. Expand
  26. Dec 27, 2013
    Diablo II is one of my favorite games and certainly the game I spent most time on, so I had certain expectations for this game and sadly it disappointed many of those.

The good: * The graphics and in-game interface are great. There's really not much to complain about here: The game looks good and the interface has many comfort features that make managing the items and character very

The good:
    * The graphics and in-game interface are great. There's really not much to complain about here: The game looks good and the interface has many comfort features that make managing the items and character very easy.

The bad:
    * Always online. There's no point in making a game that can be played alone need an internet connection. Also, the servers (Europe) have a very poor performance, even a year after the release.
    * No character customization. No stat points, no skill points. Once you're level 60, there's no reason to play the same character class again. Which leads directly to the next point:
    * No replayability. If you want your character different, you can just change the skills and items. The story is boring and the maps are always the same, too, so that doesn't exactly help.
    * Max level is too low. Absolutely stupid decision to make 60 the max level. They tried to fix it with the paragon levels, but that's just a small patch for a completely broken leveling system. Of course there will be higher levels in the expansion, why else would players buy it? Totally sad marketing strategy.
    * No ladder. Seriously? The ladder and the competition and friends that came with it was one of the greatest things about Diablo II.
    * Only 4 players per game and no open PvP.
    * No custom game names and very bad lobby interface (thanks to consoles). To create or join a game, you need to select difficulty, monster power, act and quest. That gives you about a million different combinations and with only a few thousand players online, chances are your game will be empty. All that, because consoles don't have a keyboard. Great.
    * Boring and predictable story. Not that an ARPG needs a great story, but they f*cked it up nonetheless by trying too hard.
    * No random outdoor maps. I can run through most of the game with the eyes closed by now, because the maps are always the same, except for a few randomized spots.
    * Real money auction house. The auction house is great, but including real money was a bad and greedy choice by Blizzard. Players didn't like it so instead of just removing the real money part, they will remove the whole auction house (no doubt because database queries require many servers and now that they don't make any more money with the auction house...). Greedy f*cks.
    * Removal of auction house in March 2014. Now players will get scammed on websites again when they trade items. Great.

All I really wanted was Diablo II with better graphics and interface. Diablo II had millions of fans for a good reason, but that wasn't good enough for Bli$$ard, so they went ahead and casualized the game to squeeze out every dollar they possibly can. I hope they noticed that it's going to bite them in the *ss in the long run.

The metacritic ratings tell the real story. Almost 9000 reviews. Average score 3.8. Yeah. Good f*cking job.
  27. Dec 31, 2013
    This game is the definition of instant gratification, no complexity, no challenge and no depth. No permanent meaningful choices, change your mind at any point. It's a shame really because visually it looks good and it has the quality of a Blizzard game in terms of how it runs, they just made some very poor design decisions.

On top of it all they added the Real Money Auction House pay

On top of it all they added the Real Money Auction House pay real money for success instead of putting in the time and effort. Why did Blizzard turn their backs on the previous games and still decide to call this game Diablo? This game doesn't deserve to be called Diablo.

Let this game be an example to other developers of what to avoid when developing a game.
  28. Feb 20, 2014
    What have you done, Blizzard? Nobody likes the story not even the whole game. All you do is stacking 5x Nephalem in Festering Wood then you enter a prepared crypt in mp10 and you level the same character class up to 100 all over again to get a paragon 1000 toon in the next expansion. All you do is clear the same lame crypt tapping 1-1-1-1-1 like a retard in Archon form and beam while rightWhat have you done, Blizzard? Nobody likes the story not even the whole game. All you do is stacking 5x Nephalem in Festering Wood then you enter a prepared crypt in mp10 and you level the same character class up to 100 all over again to get a paragon 1000 toon in the next expansion. All you do is clear the same lame crypt tapping 1-1-1-1-1 like a retard in Archon form and beam while right clicking everywhere. Here is my score infinite 0-0-0-0-0! Expand
  29. Feb 26, 2014
    Blizzard had time, money, people and experience – everything they needed to make another great Diablo game. So nothing can justify this fiasco. And things like online-only DRM and RMAH were just pure, plain and obvious trolling. They deliberately chose to spit on their fanbase repeatedly because they knew they would get away with it.

Some may think that patches made D3 better. Nothing

Some may think that patches made D3 better. Nothing could be further from truth. It’s still the same fetid puke puddle it was two years ago. D3 doesn’t even have PvP (and again for those who think it was added in 1.0.7 – Diablo 3 DOES NOT HAVE PvP).
  30. Mar 7, 2014
    Diablo III is one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history. The story is garbage, the graphics are cartoonish, etc etc etc. I had trouble seeing 15 months of development, not to mention the 15 years that D3 took. I'll be an old man for D4, not that I would waste my money again. To rub salt in the wounds, D3 is almost decent now that the DLC is about to be released. Too little wayDiablo III is one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history. The story is garbage, the graphics are cartoonish, etc etc etc. I had trouble seeing 15 months of development, not to mention the 15 years that D3 took. I'll be an old man for D4, not that I would waste my money again. To rub salt in the wounds, D3 is almost decent now that the DLC is about to be released. Too little way too late. I hope nobody buys the DLC to send a clear message to Blizzard that their game is pathetic . Expand
  31. Mar 13, 2014
    Just awful, was kind off enjoyable for the first few hours it took to run through the game. Then you realize it's always going to be the same linear piece of **** and you get a sour taste of hate and regret in your mouth.

After about a month I had entirely forgotten about it, and so had most other people. It's not memorable at all, it's bad. It has little to no replayabilty and is dumbed down so much that it doesn't even make sense to continue after you've tried out all your abilities. Not to mention the stupid DRM and what ever stupid decisions Blizzard decided to implement, I don't remember exactly what they were but I remember them being the dumbest thing I had heard in a long time at the time.

Goes to show that you cannot trust professional game reviewers.

Avoid at all cost
  32. Mar 16, 2014
    I will not rate a game that has always-online a 1, let alone what Blizzard said about why offline mode will not be implemented. For Blizzard to say that they didn't make that game but made it offline on console for one, and for two they claim that gamers don't remember how angry they were by Diablo 2 being offline. I was without internet for about 8 days and I couldn't even load it to aI will not rate a game that has always-online a 1, let alone what Blizzard said about why offline mode will not be implemented. For Blizzard to say that they didn't make that game but made it offline on console for one, and for two they claim that gamers don't remember how angry they were by Diablo 2 being offline. I was without internet for about 8 days and I couldn't even load it to a login screen let alone anything else. If the auction house is closed then what's the point of it being online. If there was an offline mode for PC then I would rate this a 6 out of 10 Expand
  33. Mar 24, 2014
    I do not know why Blizzard work with the Diablo so many years, but Diablo 3 is just a misunderstanding. Boring, uninspired and without any interesting innovations. After a 4 hour session I was sick - I was thinking whether to buy a DLC "reaper of souls", but no, never!. The conclusion is simple, if you want to modern "Diablo" experience buy a Dark Souls series - This games have exactlyI do not know why Blizzard work with the Diablo so many years, but Diablo 3 is just a misunderstanding. Boring, uninspired and without any interesting innovations. After a 4 hour session I was sick - I was thinking whether to buy a DLC "reaper of souls", but no, never!. The conclusion is simple, if you want to modern "Diablo" experience buy a Dark Souls series - This games have exactly feeling like Diablo should have. Expand
  34. Apr 4, 2014
    I think its fair to say that this game tanked bad, and their is no coming back to the high score that Diablo 2 set back in the day. In fact the only game now that comes close to that type of game play is Path of Exile. This game deserves only a zero anyone else who score above that has no respect for themselves and like have not played since the First Diablo. The game Has gotten better nowI think its fair to say that this game tanked bad, and their is no coming back to the high score that Diablo 2 set back in the day. In fact the only game now that comes close to that type of game play is Path of Exile. This game deserves only a zero anyone else who score above that has no respect for themselves and like have not played since the First Diablo. The game Has gotten better now since the roll out of ROS and I rated it a 6 for fixing many issues with the game. In all I feel that the game has been ruined and they need to move on and retire all three of these giant titles. Lets do somethings fresh Blizzard I think many would agree that we are getting tired of **** games being released from big vendors like yourself. Expand
  35. Apr 8, 2014
    I came from the originals. Diablo and Diablo 2. Played the crap out of both those games. This game though, is a total failure. I can't even justify giving it a partial score, it's just a broken game! Lets start with the basics. The storyline? Very linear and bland. The graphics? Way too cartoon-like. The mechanics? Poorly executed and poorly driven. The overall action element? There isI came from the originals. Diablo and Diablo 2. Played the crap out of both those games. This game though, is a total failure. I can't even justify giving it a partial score, it's just a broken game! Lets start with the basics. The storyline? Very linear and bland. The graphics? Way too cartoon-like. The mechanics? Poorly executed and poorly driven. The overall action element? There is none. You feel like you're watching your character instead of playing. And the big kicker... ONLINE ONLY PLAYING! WHY???

Blizzard needs to learn a lesson about this game. You cannot make a fan of the series wait this long for a game and then shovel tons of brown gunk down their throats. I paid full price for this game, $69.99. It was way way way WAY over priced and was not worth my time in the long run.

Blizzard also needs to learn that capitalism does not work in the gaming industry. You only trap STUPID people when you jack up the price of crap. The smart people will eventually avoid you as a developer in the long run.

The next thing to break me away from Blizzard completely will be when they introduce micro-transacting. That will be the point at which Blizzard is no longer in it for making good games, they are in it totally for the money.

Shame that a developer has to go down this path...Shame...
  36. May 20, 2014
    Este juego es la mayor basura creada por Bli$$ard+Activi$$sion: -No es divertido -no es bueno -NO recominedo su compra -No se puede ni jugar la mayoria de las veces por lag -No puedes encontrar buenos items por que esta todo NERFEADO para que el juego se alarge y tengas que jugar mas de 10 puñeteros años para poder jugar su Hihg-end. -No se puede jugar el modo hardcore por que hay MUCHOEste juego es la mayor basura creada por Bli$$ard+Activi$$sion: -No es divertido -no es bueno -NO recominedo su compra -No se puede ni jugar la mayoria de las veces por lag -No puedes encontrar buenos items por que esta todo NERFEADO para que el juego se alarge y tengas que jugar mas de 10 puñeteros años para poder jugar su Hihg-end. -No se puede jugar el modo hardcore por que hay MUCHO lag y te desconectas siempre
    -Los servidores son una autencica BASURA
    -Blizzard solo vende Mierda a precio de oro y luego se rie en la cara de sus clientes
    -No tiene un buen servido de atención

Basicamente es la mayor Basura que ha creado bli$$ard para sacaros el dinero y reirse de vosotros en vuestra cara. Collapse
  37. May 28, 2014
    The worst game ever seen for Bli$$ard+Activi$$ion. Take your Money and RUN.... Seriusly GARBAGE.
    not recommend purchase. Is a BETA version of the biggest crab Diablo III , just a BIG SHAME, the biggest scam of all history of Bli$$ard+Activi$$sion.
  38. Jun 5, 2014
    worst arpg I have ever played. the devs have no clue. its so bad their lead dev is now a joke in the industry. blizzard has lost a lot of fans with this game
  39. Aug 2, 2014
    The game is nowhere near what Diablo 2 was. The action is too spectacular, even at level 1 you're making visually incredible attacks.
    Also, the game is dumbed down like hell, you can't make mistakes whatsoever, so don't think, just play... If you want a fire mage, go for it, no problem, if you want an ice mage, just change your skills, nothing chains you in any way, it's like none of your actions make a lasting impact, you can't specialize a character besides equipment.

The other major fault of the game, in my opinion, is that you can't really think about how to play, if enemies are too strong, they always kill you, you can't think of ways of getting away with it because when you start attacking an enemy you're stuck with it, it will follow you everywhere and most of the times the only way of healing yourself is hitting enemies, so you die if you stop hitting but you die if you keep hitting, there's never a way to escape, so you don't actually get to choose anything, things just happen...

To sum up, if you want a game where you don't have to think of anything, just spend some time watching effects, this is ideal.

If you want your decisions to make an impact whatsoever, just stay away from this, because the few decisions you can make, won't even have an impact.
  40. Oct 4, 2014
    Everything has been already said. Fortunately i have not bought this game, just played beta and in 1 free beta weekend and i knew this game is gonna be bad. Released 11 years after D2 LOD, and it's cut. It doesnt even contain half of old game features, and these are the most important things like skill tree, attributes points and so on. D3 is designed just to GRIND, just like WOW, you walkEverything has been already said. Fortunately i have not bought this game, just played beta and in 1 free beta weekend and i knew this game is gonna be bad. Released 11 years after D2 LOD, and it's cut. It doesnt even contain half of old game features, and these are the most important things like skill tree, attributes points and so on. D3 is designed just to GRIND, just like WOW, you walk milion times to kill the same bosses and get items, yeah i know D2 was about this too, but there you could build characters in milion diffrent ways, playing sorcerer with two-handed axe if you want. This was freedom, And what about D3? Click on monster, kill it, get items and thats basicly it, nothing more. It maybe fun to play with friends, beat all levels and stuff, but what then? Uninstall. I have not been that disappointed in a loong loong time. Expand
  41. Oct 24, 2014
    This game is so flawed that it actually needed an auction house component to be playable. Since that component has been removed, the game is beyond redemption. It deserves the trash can. An embarrassment to the Diablo name.
  42. May 15, 2012
    Always online DRM was a failure for launch day. I spent an hour and a half attempting to get into the game but kept receiving "error 37". I gave up after that. I'm giving it a 0 because the game has been out for 12 hours now and still have not been able to play. I hope this is an indicator that always online DRM for a single player game is not a good a idea for future game developers.
  43. May 15, 2012
    UNPLAYABLE OUT OF THE BOX. GG BLIZZARD!

Horrific implementation of a game. Cannot play for more than 5-10 minutes at a time before getting booted and having to relog. IN SINGLE PLAYER. Not worth the 60 bucks save your money until the game is working. Poor show blizzard.
  44. May 15, 2012
    The D3 install too longer. also,the image is too bad, it waste my viewcard Nvidia GTX580SLI, no dx11.
    and the time of games is too short.I listen somebody end the game only 9 hours?
  45. May 15, 2012
    If only they had put in half the amount of time/effort into their infrastructure and backside design required to support this game rather than hype it, it may have not flopped on release day...
  46. May 15, 2012
    Bought the digital copy to get access right at launch. Error, error, error, error. Finally give up and go to bed at 2 am. Wake up, boot up pc, try to log in.... error error error error. Why did I pay 70 dollars again? WTF are you doing Blizzard? Haven't you learned from EVERY, SINGLE WOW RELEASE? Also, not staggering the release times to alleviate server load is a HUGE FAIL. SWTOR didBought the digital copy to get access right at launch. Error, error, error, error. Finally give up and go to bed at 2 am. Wake up, boot up pc, try to log in.... error error error error. Why did I pay 70 dollars again? WTF are you doing Blizzard? Haven't you learned from EVERY, SINGLE WOW RELEASE? Also, not staggering the release times to alleviate server load is a HUGE FAIL. SWTOR did LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than this garbage and they had a sketchy launch. Expand
  47. May 15, 2012
    you have a disc but cannot play offline. required server connection in order to play. and guess what, server failed the first day. and they are still updating.
  48. May 15, 2012
    Always-online required is a joke for such a game. Why do I need constant internet connection to play through a signal campaign ? Especially when the servers are always overloaded and wouldn't let you log in.
    This is such a terrible experience. Unless Blizzard provides an off-line patch. This game deserve 1/10 from me.
  49. May 15, 2012
    I'm not even mad that I can't even play the game I spent £45 on because Blizzard can't spend some of their millions on server upgrades for one of their flagship games. I have literally transcended anger and entered a state of extreme calm.

One point for doing more for me over 24 hours of server outages than decades of meditation and rigorous training could for a zen monk.
  50. May 15, 2012
    Casual d3 lags simpe gameplay errors bugs .... u want still buy ? Only online for hack and slash Ð
  51. May 15, 2012
    Pre-purchaces the game for 60 euro only forr look for main screen for a whole day. Bunch of errors prevent me for playing the game. So bad servers and support that i hardly believe it.
  52. May 15, 2012
    If I can't play the game I can't rate it... Blizzard should at least have a single off-line mode. I am going to get a crack for the game now so I can at least see what the characters look like in game. Thanks Blizzard for spoiling your own game.
  53. May 15, 2012
    Sure would be awesome to PLAY the game I paid for. This is the worst game launch, ever. Seriously, in 3123 they will talk about how atrocious the launch of diablo3 was. I would love to play and review the game for you... but I can't.
  54. May 15, 2012
    I have suspected for months now that fans would have this reaction. I would like to say I disagree but I can't. My biggest gripe is the mediocre "one style fits all" design. Making a game more mainstream in its art and content is the last thing diablo needed. I would have loved to see a similar kind of bold steps that the witcher 2 took in their game to appeal to a more mature audience.I have suspected for months now that fans would have this reaction. I would like to say I disagree but I can't. My biggest gripe is the mediocre "one style fits all" design. Making a game more mainstream in its art and content is the last thing diablo needed. I would have loved to see a similar kind of bold steps that the witcher 2 took in their game to appeal to a more mature audience. The moderate amount of complexity that d2 had is what distracted from the fact that the story was not what drove players through to the end of the game. Selling out to mass appeal is what caused a giant to have what some would call its first big mistake. Expand
  55. May 15, 2012
    Great idea, great game play if you can get on...but you cant. And if you cant, you cant play. Blizzards idea to release this for every time zone at the same time on top of requiring you to be on has complete botched the release and put a horrible taste in peoples mouths. Wait to buy until problems are fixed.
  56. May 15, 2012
    The graphics are pretty, not great, but effective. The hardware reqs. are easy on the pocket book, shouldn't need a whole new rig to play. Game play, the 20 minutes i was able to play, were fun, not a far stretch from 2. So why the low score...you have to log into Battle.net to play a single player, and after 5 hours with product, 4 have been spent waiting for server maintenance.The graphics are pretty, not great, but effective. The hardware reqs. are easy on the pocket book, shouldn't need a whole new rig to play. Game play, the 20 minutes i was able to play, were fun, not a far stretch from 2. So why the low score...you have to log into Battle.net to play a single player, and after 5 hours with product, 4 have been spent waiting for server maintenance. Blizz should have known better, and prepared way better Expand
  57. May 15, 2012
    Diablo Brand and make a game thats make so match fun like minesweaper! fail blizzard has so mutch time to make this game good i but they chose their time to makes it boring
  58. May 15, 2012
    So I was a huge fan of Diablo 1 & 2. Played them for years. Was excited for Diablo 3 - never got in the beta. Decided to buy it anyway. After hours of connection problems and frustration I finally got in. I finished the entire story in 3 hours. Was not even a fun experience. Decided to just uninstall and sell my account. What an awful, awful, short game. I'm embarrassed this shares theSo I was a huge fan of Diablo 1 & 2. Played them for years. Was excited for Diablo 3 - never got in the beta. Decided to buy it anyway. After hours of connection problems and frustration I finally got in. I finished the entire story in 3 hours. Was not even a fun experience. Decided to just uninstall and sell my account. What an awful, awful, short game. I'm embarrassed this shares the "Diablo name". Expand
  59. May 15, 2012
    Very fun game. Once I got rare drop: 3 pages of "License Agreement". But I can't beat final boss "Retrieving hero list" at all. Any suggestions anyone?
  60. May 15, 2012
    I haven't had any connectivity issues so that is good. But the actual gameplay is so boring, graphics looks like it was from 2005. The game is basically about mindlessly walking a linear path and spamming the mouse button to kill enemies. Avoid.
  61. May 16, 2012
    maybe it's a great game, but I spend 60â
  62. May 16, 2012
    Got the game on launch day put it in to install andâ
  63. May 16, 2012
    fun, but not good enough. i loved diablo 1 + 2. this game does not feel like its actually part of the diablo series. it feels like a dumbed down hack and slash. left click the whole time, drink a potion here or there...not enough skill is involved. when (if) you die, you just respawn at the last "checkpoint" with all of your gear, so it doesn't feel like a challenge. the game lacks thefun, but not good enough. i loved diablo 1 + 2. this game does not feel like its actually part of the diablo series. it feels like a dumbed down hack and slash. left click the whole time, drink a potion here or there...not enough skill is involved. when (if) you die, you just respawn at the last "checkpoint" with all of your gear, so it doesn't feel like a challenge. the game lacks the great art direction and music that diablo 1 + 2 had. the whole feel of the game is cartoony is cheesy. terrible voice acting, crappy cinematics that look like sketches on coffee stained paper...
    ill keep playing it for a little bit out of boredom, and to see how the story ends. but seriously, this isn't diablo. this is some crap made by people who had NOTHING to do with the original diablo games. they're just in it for the money. why else would they KILL DECARD CAIN?
  64. May 16, 2012
    This is not Diablo2. This is much worse.
    There is no hardcore like in D2. Cartoon design make me laugh through tears.
    No customization in skillz and attributes
    Maybe this game is for new generation, but i guess not for me
  65. May 16, 2012
    Only pain I see here is that much people paid that money for this DRM and WoW Clone crap. I didnt buy the game, and will not buy after all those comments and videos.
  66. May 17, 2012
    Its not the expected loot fest because of the way they are now handling stats and there is so much gold laying around its easy to pick up something in the AH that will outshine the loot drops for hours. There is also the fact that it is a single player game suffering from disconnections...it beggers belief.
  67. May 17, 2012
    Seems more like Diablo 2.5 then a new game. Graphics aren't all that great (they seem very muted to me - no contrast) and the game play is mostly the same as Diablo 2. Not sure why this took 10 years to come out.
  68. May 17, 2012
    I have reservations about this game. The complaints on here about servers have nothing to do with the actual game content. There are moments in this game that are great and some not so great. I find myself often getting caught up in the old hacking and looting days of Diablo and Diablo II...Every once in a while though it tends to fill contrived. A lot of the same complaints people madeI have reservations about this game. The complaints on here about servers have nothing to do with the actual game content. There are moments in this game that are great and some not so great. I find myself often getting caught up in the old hacking and looting days of Diablo and Diablo II...Every once in a while though it tends to fill contrived. A lot of the same complaints people made about Diablo II are still being made. People don't like change and they don't like it when you change their favorites. This is basically a no win situation for Diablo III for some gamers. I like it, but I am not fooling myself. Diablo succumbed to the same vice as so many franchises, artists and musicians..imitation..It became a product. Expand
  69. May 18, 2012
    The game overall is great, amazing story, intresting spells...ext. normal mode felt a bit casual but the difficulty increases significantly in nightmare, hell and inferno difficultys. The auction house is a nice touch and the ability to use real money if you want is a great way to eleminate gold and item sellers. The graphics are nice and not to demanding, boss fights are fun andThe game overall is great, amazing story, intresting spells...ext. normal mode felt a bit casual but the difficulty increases significantly in nightmare, hell and inferno difficultys. The auction house is a nice touch and the ability to use real money if you want is a great way to eleminate gold and item sellers. The graphics are nice and not to demanding, boss fights are fun and difficult. Overall just a great game. Although there are sone bugs (to be expected with a 3day old game) and some balance issues. Its still one if not the best game i have played in 2012. Expand
  70. May 18, 2012
    I was never a huge fan of the Diablo series. I was usually bored of the click-fest by Act 2. I loved the loot and the character development was not bad if not a tad simple. Replay value was poor due to repetitiveness. Diablo 3 is more-of-the-same. The graphics and animation seem dated. The story-line is sub standard in my opinion but hey we can't all be Bioware. They have removed characterI was never a huge fan of the Diablo series. I was usually bored of the click-fest by Act 2. I loved the loot and the character development was not bad if not a tad simple. Replay value was poor due to repetitiveness. Diablo 3 is more-of-the-same. The graphics and animation seem dated. The story-line is sub standard in my opinion but hey we can't all be Bioware. They have removed character development, no, automated it. The loot and crafting is as awesome as expected. If you are a fan of repetitive hack and slash for slot machine loot then this game will exceed your expectations as it trims down anything that might get in the way of that goal. I am glad I let my kids buy it first before I wasted $60.

NB - Get used to DRM and launch day server issues they are a part of the gamer's life now.
  71. May 23, 2012
    The game is actually good. VERY good. Extremely perfect art direction which makes those other art directors want to quit their job for ever and same quality with everything else. (I just didn't much liked the UI actually. It feels like it was rushed a bit)

Whether agree or not the game is actually extremely 'old-school'. When playing oldschool games, when you beat the game you start from beginning right from beginning. The most primive example for this fact ('the oldschool gaming') is goddamn mario. You beat it like a boss but nintendo still makes you play the same game over and over. And I believe MOST of those low point submitters are still playing diablo 3 like right now. So, how does this does not make this game 'old-school' in your terms. This game is more and more hack and slash then the previous games. and believe me, I've played them both A LOT. Even if you had what you wanted you'd still vote this game low because one little glitch would make you vote 0 on anything. And the what I've noticed you guys don't get the 'old-school' gaming and you babble it alot. Because you did the same with portal 2. And this review also applies to portal 2 too.

About the constant internet connection, I should admit I'm not cool with this too. But that's the future of the games. And Blizzard showed some balls (and greed ofc) and stepped in to a new age of privacy protection. Blizzard explained more then 3 trillion characters made on the first release of diablo 3. That's close to population of f*cking earth. And WHOLE earth was trying to connect their servers. And not even 1 week after their servers now running perfectly. That's something google can handle and a for a game company they over come the situation goddamn smoothly. Bliz tries to cover up what the offline playing took with online content and other social stuff. Although I'm still not %100 ok with constant internet connection but I guess they'll come up with a patch for offline playing for a few patch later. (greedy bastards lol)

with all my sincerity, I was hoping something more like diablo1, and I'm sure I'm going to play diablo 1 again after finishing diablo3 on hell. wandering in claustrophobic dungeons and taking ladders with infinite steps which goes RIGHT in to hell. I realise they tried to get the feeling of the first one but they fused it with the second one. and fusing stuff to each other never has a perfect result. Anyway this game is 2012's metal slug! I just can't wait for upcoming patches, expansions, characters, pvp etc.
  72. May 31, 2012
    Me: It's too easy
    Friend: You're still in normal mode wait for nightmare
    Me: Man, nightmare is easy too...
    Friend: Wait till you get to hell...
    Me: Almost finished hell without even drinking a pot...
    Friend: Inferno is sooooo freaking hard
    Me: I'm bored of playing it again. 60 euros so that you must play 40 hours till the game becomes a bit interesting, and having to redo everything all over again
  73. May 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played the other two Diablo games to the end and just completed this one on "normal".
    I will start to try to ignore history and rate this for what it is.
    -The persistant online connection for single player coupled with servers failing would normally fail a game just for that. The "careful" Beta testing was done, they knew what they were getting into and failed to make the necessary changes.
    -The system requirements are very low which is great but it fails to make full use of a modern system on the other hand. The background images I admit are very nice but actual game play graphics or even character animations could have been more. -The various information screens and combo experience awards seem to detract from the immersive experience but that may just be personal preference. Having the character do a fist pump in the air or some alternate animation or bellow would have done far more in my opinion. All the arrows and blinking and circles on the map are way too -The configurable skills seem to hit the right balance to me. I am happy to change tactics (If you only have a hammer everything looks like a nail) so changing the tools of the character give some added adaptability and does not lock-in a character. This is a very positive area I feel but some like to have the perfect killing combo that is not easily achieved so it would upset people from that crowd.
    -The auction house just breaks the system: every scrap of useful gear by EVERY PLAYER available for purchase and resale FOREVER. The AH is the primary reason for all other design considerations including the DRM since we do not want spoofing gear locally on the client end.
    -The blacksmith: Doing tons of upgrades for this guy, does it ever pay off? Seemed like diminishing returns, increase stash and share with all your characters seems the way to go.

History Considered:
    -Rehash combination of the prior 2 games in scenery, locale and look. This can be good and bad.
    -Standalone game with no server would have fixed launch woes and made many solo players very happy. This was their buisness decision so consequence and benefit is on their heads.
    -D2 with the expansion is still better, thanks for the collectors edition including it to remind me.

Overall: For a "when it is ready" it is a too obvious money grab and people find it offensive: it appeared they ignored their fans when they claim high and low we are the primary focus so it is like being caught in a lie. Good middle of the road game with failed expectations making it rate lower.

Considering History:
  74. Jun 13, 2012
    Having never played either Diablo I or II, so I didn't pick this game up out of nostalgia or other sentimental reasons. Played it because of the hype, mainly. Even though my expectations were not too high, I am somewhat disappointed. Smooth as it is, it just couldn't keep my interest for an extended period of time. The combat is too repetitious, just keep your left mouse-button pressed,Having never played either Diablo I or II, so I didn't pick this game up out of nostalgia or other sentimental reasons. Played it because of the hype, mainly. Even though my expectations were not too high, I am somewhat disappointed. Smooth as it is, it just couldn't keep my interest for an extended period of time. The combat is too repetitious, just keep your left mouse-button pressed, sometimes right-click or press numbers 1-4... Best thing it got going for it is the many checkpoints - "I'm just gonna take another checkpoint", but even so it becomes tedious grinding once the story is completed and just starts over on Nightmare... Expand
  75. Jun 20, 2012
    Reall wish I hadn't wasted my time with this game. So little content that the game is incredibly repetitive. Its setup exactly like the old ones, yeah nostalgic is there but ffs add something new to the mix. no pvp, you play the exact same levels and storyline over and over again on harder difficulties to continue gearing and leveling, and you cant friend or play with people in otherReall wish I hadn't wasted my time with this game. So little content that the game is incredibly repetitive. Its setup exactly like the old ones, yeah nostalgic is there but ffs add something new to the mix. no pvp, you play the exact same levels and storyline over and over again on harder difficulties to continue gearing and leveling, and you cant friend or play with people in other countries. Oh and the game is ridiculously easy to play....you have a total of 6 abilities available to use at once. Honestly....I really dont know what people love so much about this game. All I know is I'm ashamed that I even bought it. Expand
  76. Jun 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am only rating this game so high because the story... however brief... is quite entertaining. But seeing how there are achievements to beat the entire game in >4 hours, that is about all the content you're going to get. The only entertaining bit about this piece of garbage is if you get to the secret level as a barb and start playing home run derby with the teddy bears. Blizzard... you lost another long time customer Expand
  77. Jun 21, 2012
    this review was an 8 before the 1.3 patch.now the game is a joke,blizzard nerf is a joke.now you have to spend milion to repair and you cannot have progress after act 2 cause they nerf all the stats.now the only way to progress is go in rmah that it is exacly what they want..
  78. Jun 21, 2012
    350 hours played, two chars at lvl 60 and doing this I had no fun at all.. It's simply not Diablo.. It's kind of a WoW H&S with RMAH.. I'm so disappointed guys.. After 12 year it's bad, simply BAD. I was a Diablo 2 player and i can't have fun with "this" it's different, it's not Diablo! I hope some blizzard Dev can read this, i'm happy to send to him my copy of D2 and D2 LoD so he can350 hours played, two chars at lvl 60 and doing this I had no fun at all.. It's simply not Diablo.. It's kind of a WoW H&S with RMAH.. I'm so disappointed guys.. After 12 year it's bad, simply BAD. I was a Diablo 2 player and i can't have fun with "this" it's different, it's not Diablo! I hope some blizzard Dev can read this, i'm happy to send to him my copy of D2 and D2 LoD so he can play it and CHECK BY HIMSELF!. Expand
  79. Jun 21, 2012
    Go to the D3 forums on bnet and read most of the user comments. At present time, that will tell you all you need to know before buying this game. If you enjoyed D2, don't expect to enjoy D3 simply based on that or you will be disappointed....

80. Jul 1, 2012
    I am very dissappointed from what i've expected Blizzard, one of the richest if not THE richest game company, will deliver to me. But I bought a very expensive game that got a REALLY SHORT STORY. The action house destroyed the collecting experience which was one of the most important parts of the Diablo series.
  81. Jul 2, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game where players expected to be playing several months on to continue to get the best items for their character and to savour the moment when they found such an item. However the poor story and very repetitive maps with virtually no randomness make the actual grinding itself mind numbingly boring whilst the actual items that drop within the game are neither interesting norDiablo 3 is a game where players expected to be playing several months on to continue to get the best items for their character and to savour the moment when they found such an item. However the poor story and very repetitive maps with virtually no randomness make the actual grinding itself mind numbingly boring whilst the actual items that drop within the game are neither interesting nor worth your time to seek out. The awful customer service, feedback, server downtime and patch changes have only the made the game even more of a failure then it was on launch. Expand
  82. Jul 2, 2012
    Forget the "servers down" bllsht. It forbided unlogged single player, period.
    Childish story with no suspence at all. No random maps as blizzard said. Too cartoonish with few moments of decent gore and dark atmosphere. Auction House is a obligation to advance in game. PvP not available. Elites are harder then bosses. Bestiary should be doubled. wtf is a nephalm ? and finally...
    65 direct
    Forget the "servers down" bllsht. It forbided unlogged single player, period.
    65 direct hired people, according to wiki, during 6 years to do this ?
  83. Jul 4, 2012
    Being genuinely entertaining for post-work hour or couple of hours clicking on monsters. After first playthrough I thought I may as well pay my sub to WoW or Rift and at least have more diversified clicking.
  84. Jul 4, 2012
    Honestly, I really wanted to love this game, but shelved it after about 20 hours ingame and never played it again since May 2012. Not because of its login problems in the weeks following its launch, balancing and item drop rate issues or the lack of PVP. Not even because Diablo 3 somehow looks (and plays) like WoW in an isometric perspective. And even the fact that the auction house seemedHonestly, I really wanted to love this game, but shelved it after about 20 hours ingame and never played it again since May 2012. Not because of its login problems in the weeks following its launch, balancing and item drop rate issues or the lack of PVP. Not even because Diablo 3 somehow looks (and plays) like WoW in an isometric perspective. And even the fact that the auction house seemed to become way too important (pay2win) didn't bother me - I simply decided not to use it.

I shelved Diablo 3 because of something far worse: The poor gameplay design. Diablo 3 is not a good game in terms of gameplay, not even a mediocre one, it's bad. It lacks motivation, passion, soul, dedication, identification and innovation. It also misses something that makes it stand out, something unique that makes you want to play it - something that keeps you going.

Of course, the artstyle (graphics, animations, models, cgi and sound) is well done, but the game world - altough well designed - feels too mingy, you never really get "the big picture" of how vast and epic this world actually is. Even worse, there's war and betrayal going on in the world of Sanctuary - and I didn't care, although I wanted to. The game feels soulless, dead and shallow. In the end, I had to ask myself "Why am I playing this?" and sadly, there was no answer. There's something wrong with the core of this game.

I'm sorry to say that, Blizzard, but I couldn't identify myself with the game characters, and sadly, i also felt no empathy with their stories (I know, it's a Hack-n-Slay, but we're talking about Blizzard here - they always had a strong focus on good storytelling). The gameplay lacks almost everything which made the Diablo franchise so engaging and exciting; e.g. the skill system has been dumbed down way too much. Of course, there are runes, but they NEVER should have completely replaced Diablo 2's skill system! As a result, the Diablo 3 gameplay feels bland, repetitive and way too casual: In Diablo 2, you really had to think about what you were doing, but in Diablo 3, this is not the case - and maybe that's why the game feels generic.

Blizzard made game design choices which - from my point of view - turned out to be completely wrong. They should have been more focused on the development of Diablo 3 instead of putting out one WoW addon after another. I really feel bad about giving the game a 4/10, but that's what it deserves from my point of view.
  85. Jul 5, 2012
    The newest installment in a short but well-beloved franchise sacrifices the largest part of what made D2 a thoroughly enjoyable, even addictive, experience upon the altars of more revenue through RMAH. (Oflline/LAN-mode, total randomness of items/drops with random items surpasing the shockingly scarce sets and even legendaries, joke bosses, no tuning at all with regards to randomThe newest installment in a short but well-beloved franchise sacrifices the largest part of what made D2 a thoroughly enjoyable, even addictive, experience upon the altars of more revenue through RMAH. (Oflline/LAN-mode, total randomness of items/drops with random items surpasing the shockingly scarce sets and even legendaries, joke bosses, no tuning at all with regards to random champs/elites who are totally interchangeable and basically consists of a selection of affixes (special abilities) randomly assorted and repeated ad nauseam, developing and shaping your character regardless of cookie cutter specs (I never considered myself "forced" and played what I enjoyed in D2 despite the grief some people gave you, and I did reasonably well)...) Expand
  86. Jul 6, 2012
    After waiting for 10+ years is this the best Blizzard can do? Short single player campaign fill with issues. Missing content. Poor balance. Mad DRM. Buy a 15foot bargepole to help avoid thus overhyped Jaws 4.
  87. Jul 6, 2012
    The game, though fun for a while does begin to degrade into grinding at times.I personally believe that it is a horrible idea to put in an actual real money auction house, which could lead into exploitation, and hacking.
    Though I still feel immersed by the story. Though I find it very redundant to make a Single player game still on a server
    Generally: Wait either there's a sale on Steam
    Generally: Wait either there's a sale on Steam or other.
  88. Dec 25, 2012
    I registered here, to write this review as a warning for everyone who is using upper/high end hardware.

First of all, the game will be stuttering and run choppy in general if you don´t have the game files either on a SSD or a USB stick. Due to the coding, it doesn´t work as it should if installed on a HDD. Second, the support of high end hardware is horrible. You will not

Second, the support of high end hardware is horrible. You will not get stable FPS no matter what setting you´ll use, new drivers generally made everything worse and it seems it isn´t in both nVidia´s nor Blizzard´s interest to make this game run well. A recent example are random game freezes which happen using the new WHQL nVidia driver 310.70.

The story isn´t worth it. The item system, compared to D2 where it was probably the #1 fun factor of this game, is horrible.
    In the end you´ll find yourself doing runs after runs filling your inventory with countless rares, which 99% of the time will be worth- and useless. Even if you´ll find a legendary, there will be so many RNG rolls on that items that in the end it will most likely turn out bad, let alone that most legendaries are useless anyway. This was very different with the equivalent uniques of D2, and will bore you moreso than give any satisfaction.

The skill cap is so low, especially because you´re restricted to only use 6 abilities at a time. In D2 you had access to ALL your skills anytime.
    You only seem to get dumber playing this game, honestly.
  89. Dec 31, 2012
    Terrible game, their are many good asepcts of diablo 3, but ultimately it becomes boring. The skill and character customization was amazing, it encouraged lot's of experimentation, and allowed players to tailor each skill to their preferences. however, the good things end there. I don't even know where to start; boring, short story that they force you to repeat 4 times, lack of characterTerrible game, their are many good asepcts of diablo 3, but ultimately it becomes boring. The skill and character customization was amazing, it encouraged lot's of experimentation, and allowed players to tailor each skill to their preferences. however, the good things end there. I don't even know where to start; boring, short story that they force you to repeat 4 times, lack of character customization, and overall grindfest made this game a failure Expand
  90. Mar 2, 2013
    The visuals are excellent but they can't carry the game. It really should have been held for another year, the lack of content is inexcusable in a rogue-like game. The story falls apart in act 4, the narrative is disjointed, characters poorly constructed, controls and combat overly simplistic, and progression is painfully uneven. Loot drops are excessively random even in full parties withThe visuals are excellent but they can't carry the game. It really should have been held for another year, the lack of content is inexcusable in a rogue-like game. The story falls apart in act 4, the narrative is disjointed, characters poorly constructed, controls and combat overly simplistic, and progression is painfully uneven. Loot drops are excessively random even in full parties with very high MF and max valor stacks. The amount of grinding to progress the story is excessive. Which leads to the assumption that loot tables were adjusted to encourage the use of the real money auction house. Either it's poor game design or something nefarious the effect is the same. The story is too short and poorly explained. Acts 2 and 3 deserved far more exposition than they received and all act 4 needed was Fonzie on a surfboard. The game needed more story content, having a more robust story or better gameplay would have carried it through. Gameplay is too simple and the skills are.....lacking. Reducing a character to 6 skills and the interaction of the skills with enemies and the environments is very limiting. With the new way that health functioned there was great promise for complex combos and action elements that could have evolved the game. Instead they served to make it derivative almost like a flash game with Diablo branding. The ultimate problem with D3 is not it's always on connection nor it's changes to health or even the RMAH that it's design cues come from micro-transaction games. These are games of last resort disposable and only played when we don't have a computer, Game Boy, Vita, console, computer or emulator handy. Diablo 3 teaches us that play medium is important if D3 had debuted on a tablet would have been a fine game and the design changes would have made sense in the context of the devices limitations. Instead it left me with a short hollow and disappointing experience, Diablo 3 has the distinction of being only the second game I have ever regretted purchasing. If you are a fan of Diablo, if you are a fan of Dark Fantasy, if you are a fan of games don't buy Diablo 3. Expand
  91. Apr 25, 2013
    This game does not feel like a Diablo game at all. There's no end game, drop rates are so low, no diversity, no PVP, nothing to play besides farming one act mindlessly, patches progress are just way too slow. It does not feel like Blizzard is putting their resources into this game.
  92. May 6, 2013
    Initially, this game was quite fun. Maybe it was the fact that I had waited for 4 years constantly checking the news for any indicators on its release date.

Pros: Great graphics. Combat feels good Great character animations Fluid combat Negatives: Terrible endgame Lack of 8 player games you can name create yourself like Diablo 2 had Awful gear and droprates No PVP at

Pros:
    Great graphics.
    Combat feels good
    Great character animations
    Fluid combat

Negatives:
    Terrible endgame
    Lack of 8 player games you can name create yourself like Diablo 2 had
    Awful gear and droprates
    No PVP at release big letdown
    No harassment pvp like Diablo 2 had
    No open world PVP like Diablo 2 had

The number one disappointment for me though was the lack of a Diablo feel. The story was laughable. The villains were just ridiculous and cartoony, in a bad way. The music was overly epic and didn't fit the Diablo feel. A lot of the game felt a bit like World of Warcraft. In fact there were even naga type enemies in Act 2. One of them had a laughably awful line, "YOU WILL NOT GET INTO THE AQUEDUCT!" or something along those lines.

Overall, just skip the game if you loved Diablo 1 or 2. If you never played the original Diablo games, this is a pretty average game, but I think everyone expected better from Blizzard.
  93. May 8, 2013
    Game made around the Auction House.
    Made so player could sell other players items for real money and blizz gets a cut.

Worst thing i played in years. And unfortunately i pre-ordered so there's some money i'll never see again.
  94. May 8, 2013
    Just the worst game I ever played in the whole world. The story suck as hell really and gameplay sucks like the story. The graphics.... Every thing just suck in this game (I want my money back).
  95. May 10, 2013
    I don't think I need to repeat what the whole internet is saying. Some points for the graphics, cinematics and soundtrack. This game took me to the highest highs and the deepest lows (in a very specific segment of my life, of course): most excitement I ever felt about the launch of a game, then gradually but surely descending to the most disappointment I've ever had from a game. Now I justI don't think I need to repeat what the whole internet is saying. Some points for the graphics, cinematics and soundtrack. This game took me to the highest highs and the deepest lows (in a very specific segment of my life, of course): most excitement I ever felt about the launch of a game, then gradually but surely descending to the most disappointment I've ever had from a game. Now I just don't care, uninstalled it. Expand
  96. May 19, 2013
    I wrote a 5000 signs review, but I'm editing it down:

The good: -Nice graphics -Fluid gameplay The bad: -The story -The items -New item slots that add nothing to the game but graphics -The character offensive skills all being completely dependend on and fully based on weapon damage -Even spells being completely dependent on weapon damage -The taste in my mouth when a hammer
    I wrote a 5000 signs review, but I'm editing it down:

The good:
    -Nice graphics
    -Fluid gameplay

The bad:
    -The story
    -The items
    -New item slots that add nothing to the game but graphics
    -Even spells being completely dependent on weapon damage
    -The taste in my mouth when a hammer with 500 fire damage makes my cold spells stronger simply because it deals more damage than the wand I had before
    -The lack of ANY actual character development beyond the CoD unlock-on-level model
    -Better items being a nonfunctional replacement for character development
    -The cartoony monster affixes (Arcane Sentry, reflect damage, invulnerable minions)
    -The cheesy NPCs
    -The cartoonish and childish style, dialogue and plot
    -All characters are the one and same with different colors of sparkling on their attacks
    -The auction house made necessary to have any fun what so ever
    -The real money auction house giving botters incentive to bot
    -The odds of finding useful items you need without using the auction house
    -Difficulty solely being the grade of your equipment in any given encounter
    -Bosses never drop anything useful
    -Nephalem valor band-aid on the broken spine that it the game's itemization
    -Paragon levels band-aid on the buried corpse that is character development
    -Maps are all small mazes not large open spaces.
    -Maps are not randomly generated.
    -No functional PVP
    -PVP gameplay being displayed in 2010 but scrapped
    -Areas and mechanics in gameplay videos getting scrapped
    -Diablo II and Lord of Destruction gameplay and mechanics getting scrapped in favor of WoW mechanics
    -Diablo II enemies and lore getting completely scrapped in favor of all new enemies
    -The british skeleton archers. Talking. Skeletons. Talking british. SERIOUSLY?!?!?
    -They were WARNED about all of this in the beta OH SO MANY TIMES but did nothing
  97. Jun 27, 2013
    This game lacks everything that would make people remember and love it's predecessors.

Graphics 7/10 Dark and nice. Nothing wrong with that. Sounds 7/10 No Matt Uelmen but it fits. Gameplay... Oh boy. I could go on and ramble about the weaknesses of this game like everybody did. Instead here are three things Blizzard has to fix in order for the game to make more fun: -Get

Graphics 7/10 Dark and nice. Nothing wrong with that.

Sounds 7/10 No Matt Uelmen but it fits.

-Get rid of the preskilling system. All of it. Skill AND Ability preskilling is the wrong way. Most of the fun in D1 and D2 was character customization. If you simplify it, you take out the fun of the game. Instead, make choice matter.

-Skill damage based on weapon damage. Get rid of it. Seriously, this mechanics is the very reason that's making the game repetitive and unplayably boring. All you need to win is enough items with +stat to your main attribute. I keep seeing lvl 26 characters dual wielding 196 damage weapons and owning every major boss in under 10 secons. That would not have been possible in D2.

-More Diversity in item affixes. All you get are the same lame stats boost over and over again, magic find, more xp and gold and such. Healthdrain is rendered obsolete by the new healthglobe system. You could make the game more challenging by reducing the drops of those healthglobes.
  98. Jul 13, 2013
    Sigh. One of the biggest disappointments of 2012. BUT there is a remedy. Torchlight II. Go buy it. It's on sale on steam for $10 and will literally address every complaint you have with this mess.
  99. Jul 27, 2013
    Terrible waste of time of a game, doesn't even have half of the features its prequel did over 10 years ago. Don't waste your money. Making loot not drop to drive the real money auction house, so they can profit on micro-transactions.
  100. Aug 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know there's a lot of fan backlash here but I honestly can't score Diablo 3 more than 4 even though I've beaten it on all difficulties. First two difficulties: too easy thus mainly seen as a chore. Third: Just about right. Fourth: stupid, and the wrong kind of difficulty to boot I don't see how it's a skill check against the player to have your mobs stats set so that they'll one shot a wizard and now the only way to play is to kite everything. That said I did play all this before some supposed "tweaking" and before that, wizards in full resists were basically fodder in Inferno. But alas I can only review based on what I played.

The main reason I score low is:
    1, We've gone from dark, gritty and scary to childish and ridiculous. This isn't diablo. I actually went back to play the original and it still has that same chilling atmosphere and feeling of dread. This game, with it's apparently 6 year old child diablo throwing pathetic taunts your way on the end level, is an insult to the senses.

2, Auction house and lack of solo offline. They killed what made diablo fun, the grinds, the chance to find something really special. There is no chance to find anything special anymore. After four playthroughs I got generic drop after generic drop, absolutely tedious. So I started to browse the auction house and soon after lost any desire to continue playing. I will not pay for loot thanks.

So yeah cheers for ruining everything that made Diablo great, blizz. All you had to do was repeat the dark atmosphere and loot grindy addiction but nah. And ignore the positive critic scores folks because they are clearly not being honest.

1. Aug 31, 2012