4.0

1. May 15, 2012
    This game is totally worthless. Even that dungeon siege 3 has better graphic than this game. Blizzard ruined Warcraft and I see they ruined Diablo too. Don't make any more game Blizzard, PLEAAASSEEEEEE

LET's play Torchligh 2, I will be better.
  2. May 15, 2012
    I TOLD EVERYBODY I KNEW NOT TO BUY THIS GAME,yet my cousin did and invited me to test it with him.
    He can't believe he paid for such a piece of ****
    I will make it simple: .Everything started long,long,LOOONG ago: An old school gamer was sitting on his desktop PC reading vg news and cursing about how bad were games on those days compared to those of his youth (now they're even worse),when
    He can't believe he paid for such a piece of ****
    I will make it simple:
    .Everything started long,long,LOOONG ago:
    An old school gamer was sitting on his desktop PC reading vg news and cursing about how bad were games on those days compared to those of his youth (now they're even worse),when suddenly blizzard said:
    -Hey! We're releasing Diablo 3
    And the gamer (better known as me) remembered his favourite game of all time (Diablo 2) and said:
    -Oh,gee! that will be the savior of the current bad,casual,dumb,and nonsense pc gaming
    Then Blizzard said:
    -Look at this graphics
    And I said:
    -Hey,thats a good looking wow expansion,but,where's Diablo 3?
    Then Blizzard said:
    -Don't worry,it will become dark afterwards,anyway,look at this arquetypes of main characters
    me:
    -not bad,they're a bit awkward,and the skills are a little dull,but i'll manage to compensate it with the correct stats
    Blizzard:
    -Oh!...You werent informed?Our main costumers find the stat systems difficult to use,so there won't be stats...But hey,you will have a lot of runes and skills to make your character unique,it will be fine.
    me:
    -It won't be fine,but it's something,i'm always good at choosing skills
    Blizzard:
    -sorry thats out too.the skills tree sets up by itself
    me:
    -then it's not a tree,its a list...I guess that I'll have to do with the looting,i'm experienced in this,i'm a great looter,i could grind a Tyraels Might in the den of evil in normal and in version 1.09
    Blizzard:
    That won't be necessary,due to the high demand of farmers on the internet,we have decided to allow a real money equippment selling system so you don't have to play the game to become the best
    me:
    -Do you realize that there's no such thing as "best" when all the choices are the same? ¬¬
    Blizzard:
    -With Blizzard,you're always the best (if you pay,of course).However,trust us,the game will be good
    me:
    -no,it will be not...How could it? you failed in all the fields,what else could you mess up in?
    Blizzard:
    -It'll be great cause we have an amazing anti piracy sistem...check this out fellows,we,the genius,have decided to turn the sigleplayer mode in an always-need-to-be-online DRM style wow gameplay.
    Trust us,we're Blizzard,and this is Diablo,so it has to be a great game.
    me:
    -Do you think you're the only ones who tried to sell an awful game just by it's name?
    Blizzard:
    -I detect a bit of self thinking right there,I'll better turn up the hype level...
    What if I tell you,that Diablo 3 is made to be played with an Xbox or PS3 controller?
    WTF???!! O.O
    Blizzard:
    -What? Don't you like the idea? just like your favourite games.
    me:
    -MY FAVOURITE GAME IS DIABLO 2!!!
    Blizzard:
    -Then you're lucky,gentleman because we're releasing Diablo 3 in short,would you like to pre-order?
    me:
    -Shut up,you're not getting my money
    Blizzard: -What? thats not possible,listen It's a great game,trust me...game...best.......great..........buy.......... ................................................ ....Send me money, send me green Heaven you will meet Make a contribution and you'll get a better seat..... BOW TO LEPPER MESSIAH!! HAHAHAHA!!!!... _END_ Now,seriously,Creeping Death advises you not to buy this game...OR ELSE YOUR DOOR WILL BE LAMB BLOOD PAINTED TONIGHT!!!!
  3. May 15, 2012
    So I've played Path of Exile beta, Torchlight 2 Beta, and Diablo 3 beta....and now the full Diablo 3 ga....OH WAIT Connection errors for 3-4 hours after launch. It's funny how during the open beta stress test servers were down, busy, and whatever other errors for 70% of that weekend. Fast forward more than half a month to launch day....Blizzard learned nothing. Servers still can'tSo I've played Path of Exile beta, Torchlight 2 Beta, and Diablo 3 beta....and now the full Diablo 3 ga....OH WAIT Connection errors for 3-4 hours after launch. It's funny how during the open beta stress test servers were down, busy, and whatever other errors for 70% of that weekend. Fast forward more than half a month to launch day....Blizzard learned nothing. Servers still can't handle the load. Thanks blizzard for the online only single player. Ok at least the game is good right? NOPE. Nothing has changed from the the pile of horse manure the open beta game was...not that they could change the game drastically in half a month, so it was dead to begin with. Anyway, artistic style isn't as bad as people say it is. Blizzard has streamlined(a.k.a casualized) the game to hell and back, mind the pun. Linearized skill trees, huge base mana regen which kills the need to manage potions effectively, bland looking world, no innovation...and no killstreaks do not count as innovation neither does hit lever, **** falls on enemies count. Overall the game just feels lifeless. If you want innovation in the skill system play path of exile. The sphere-grid like passive abilities in game and the support skill gems/active skill gems combinations are very innovative and fresh. If you want a game that actually feels like Diablo 2 then play torchlight 2 from runic games(former blizzard north guys that had a huge hand in D2). From what I've played of the Torchlight 2 beta, there were drastic improvements on the first game and although I'm not sold on the cartoony art style, the game play is fun enough to keep me playing. The world itself is very expansive with terrain that look really good. All in all the beta was very satisfying and I've pre-ordered Torchlight 2. The only problem that remains is to get $60 worth of play time out of D3 before leaving it for good. You've just lost another long time fan, oh wait you don't really care since you got the money already. Expand
  4. May 15, 2012
    This game is not good. It's a blend of Cataclysm era World of Warcraft (where everything that requires thought has been systematically removed over the years of the hit MMO) and Action-RPG games. I would say "diablo" specifically but it is not really worthy of that distinction. Maybe a blend of Cataclysm and Titan Quest? An active internet connection is required, an active brain is not,This game is not good. It's a blend of Cataclysm era World of Warcraft (where everything that requires thought has been systematically removed over the years of the hit MMO) and Action-RPG games. I would say "diablo" specifically but it is not really worthy of that distinction. Maybe a blend of Cataclysm and Titan Quest? An active internet connection is required, an active brain is not, as the game has been so simplified a dog could play it. Expand
  5. May 23, 2012
    The game may be good, I cant tell however, because there is TOO MUCH LAG IN MY SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Sloppy execution, who the **** knows about story, cant get 10 minutes in at a time.
  6. May 15, 2012
    NOT worth 60 dollars. WAY too short and missing many features that are "promised" by Blizzard as in you've gotta wait who know how many months for them to actually develop said features and implement them. In it's current state the game is just way too expensive for so little play time. No idea why Blizzard decided to release such an unfinished barebones game and decided to charge full price.
  7. May 19, 2012
    The game is great. But the constant connection drop, is a pain in the ***. I can't even play single player without connection issues, I keep dying cause lag just hangs my player, and when It comes back I'm surrounded by enemies.
    Sucks, Sucks, Sucks.
  8. May 21, 2012
    The fact that this is a a single-player game that rREQUIRES you to connect to the Internet is horrible. As long as Blizzard continues this business model, they have lost me as a customer. If all game companies go this route, then I will find something else to occupy my time.
  9. May 21, 2012
    the game its very good but u cant play it with 400 ping to 1200. Today the game have 1200 ping to 1500. Blizzard gives no answers.. its amazing that this game took 9 years to be made...
  10. May 15, 2012
    Lol Don't speak out on the General Forums about Diablo 3. they will BAN you without a moments notice. I got banned and have no idea why I was even banned. With that said.. game is failure. The fact of the matter is if the servers go down. you no longer have access to your single player game. ALSO the game can be BEAT, DONE, FINISHED in LESS than 5 HOURS! i mean Holy crap. 5 hours REALLY?!Lol Don't speak out on the General Forums about Diablo 3. they will BAN you without a moments notice. I got banned and have no idea why I was even banned. With that said.. game is failure. The fact of the matter is if the servers go down. you no longer have access to your single player game. ALSO the game can be BEAT, DONE, FINISHED in LESS than 5 HOURS! i mean Holy crap. 5 hours REALLY?! First Person shooters have longer single player modes than that. and about the same amount of replay-ability in multiplayer. but Diablo 3 which took YEARS to develop they deliver a 4 to 5 hour game. Pffft Save me. I wish i could get my money back. but this review will have to do. Expand
  11. May 15, 2012
    Unplayable. they took my money and now they don't let us play . Basically a scam instead of a game. Don't buy it , you will regret it , disconnects every 5 min and 20 min relog time . Worst fail game this year.
  12. May 15, 2012
    stupid game,GO TO HELL!. oh wait, it's already in hell. All about it is disappointing. I've been a Diablo fan for a long time but then you give me this.. What the hell Blizzard? This all errors things and your stupid DRM giving me a headache. Why no in steam? money whoring company
  13. May 16, 2012
    No skill tree means you can't really customize your character. Cool down time of portion and town portal means it's not as fast paced and also too WoW like. Animations of monsters are not as good. It lacks the essence of what makes the first two Diablo great. Sorry, it may be not be a bad game, but it's not Diablo.
  14. May 16, 2012
    I passed the last 15 min. to subscribe to that site just to express myself on Diablo 3. I haven't been waitin for Diablo for 12 years, cuz I played Diablo 2 and had a life, but every once in a while, i went to game store to buy a game to pass time, each time coming back with nothin cuz I would rather like to play again Diablo 2 (But once its done 20/20 Paladin charm with crown something,I passed the last 15 min. to subscribe to that site just to express myself on Diablo 3. I haven't been waitin for Diablo for 12 years, cuz I played Diablo 2 and had a life, but every once in a while, i went to game store to buy a game to pass time, each time coming back with nothin cuz I would rather like to play again Diablo 2 (But once its done 20/20 Paladin charm with crown something, nb of slot so can put rune word perfect stuff, etc was fun trying to get), playin damn flash game on Kongregate, Armorgames, like site, or revisiting old nes, snes, etc. classics. Always peekin on release date of D3
    "When will it be release? When its ready.... " Ok, I don't mind passing 5 hrs trying to pass trought the Agent. problem while uploading 1 hr files, then I've been playing 1hr, went to sleep angry, played up to lvl 10 this morning and I'm now experiencing error 32 problem. But everything there is fine for me, the problem is when I play!!! How do u make D3? U take something basic, classic, fine, pleasant like Diablo, Megaman, Mario, Sonic, HOMM3, U remove its essence, the whole fun of it.... and VOILA!!!
    Ur Stats goes up the way its program to, u can't change that, pts or way ur playing... u can't level skill, every Wizard get the same skills, same strenght at the same level, u just can choose to use them or not, the weaponery system seems to be more expended, but still far less than D2... So the storyline is supposed to be better, animation, graphics, etc. I've played Terraria, MineCraft, I don't care about that graphics, gemme 8-Bits, I want depth in the control, dynamics, strategy... D2 to is not just an hack n slash, its an hack/slash/gather/hope/manage/THEN-LOOK-MINE-IS-BIGGER-THAN-URS! 7 persons were able to see mine was bigger, now only 4 at the time... I wanted to turm my mind off, open diablo, gather lot of suff with the same chance dynamics as casino dependent, and manage it an other day when I would be in that mood... now I only have linear story, leveling, control on a ... I don't know even what I've played hrssssss at D1, D2 cuz I never read the storyline... anyway hope I'll find someone that want to buy back my copy half price cuz I would rather play back to Civlization 1, or using my free up to lv20 WoW, than playing my all brand new worthless D3
  15. May 17, 2012
    Always on DRM and only 3 different server regions severely hampers my ability to play this game . had to change server twice due to lag issues the game itself is underwhelming with little new features or innovation
  16. May 17, 2012
    Asia server keeps crashing every evening and only comes back on at like 3am. For people who have a job, this game is impossible to play. So yeah, unless you actually let me play the game I paid $60 for, this is going to be a zero.
  17. May 24, 2012
    My experience with D3 has been a sort of deja vu of when I first picked up D1. It was January of 97 when I picked up D1 from a local store, I excitedly brought it home and played it for approximately 4 hours before my cd rom drive crapped out. Since you couldn't play it without the CD I never played it again. ( I didn't learn about CD cracks until much later )

A similar thing happened

A similar thing happened with D3, my wife purchased the game in secret, which really made my day. I ended up installing it and immediately played for about an hour. That first hour was the only time I'd be able to play for several days as any attempt to login was met with error codes because the service was down. When I finally got on to play I decided to stick to 'single player' until I got a grasp on the game, however I was ( and still am ) subjected to lag that stutters my character around the screen placing me in precarious situations so repeatedly to add an extra level of challenge trying to anticipate the lag. The problem wasn't on my end and still isn't, I have access to multiple internet services both personal and a high powered business line related to my work. The latency was about the same, hanging around 300 during choppiness and spiking to 500-600 at the worst moments. The good latency was around 160, this compares to an average latency of 20-50 when just playing other multiplayer games.

I wasn't really angry until I started noticing that I lost quest rewards due to lag, that's when I felt like I was being punished. There was no achievement to defeating a major boss, being kicked just as he dies and returning to discover all of his rare drops had evaporated. Another way I feel punished is that I'm also a casual player, I work all day and come home to unwind by playing games. This predictably is during peak times for the battle net servers which causes my incidents of lag to go up as well. I feel like I have to plan my gaming late at night or mornings in order to have a better experience.

All of that for a game that is an inferior experience to D2:
    1. Skill system simplified, characters are not unique
    2. Resolution of graphics is low, even blurry, despite running it on high and having a great pc
    3. Story is average.
    4. Auction house is pointless, browsing it just only reminds me of my casual play style being self defeating since i don't play enough to get these amazing drops. I do not intend on paying another penny on this game.
  18. May 15, 2012
    This is the worst JRPG I've ever played. It's hardly playable. Even the story is bad, there are no interesting characters just some boring devil and a character you make. Where are the cool villains like Sephiroth?

Good points of the game are that the game is colorful and really easy.
  19. May 15, 2012
    A shell of its former self. Bland story, replay value has been decimated, boring character progression, far too simplified for a game coming out in 2012 by a major game developer. It's a game worth 10 dollars in the bargain bin, most certainly not 60.
  20. May 16, 2012
    In summary: Gets repetitive really quick and feels like a "production-pipelined", risk-free, standerdised game. Yes, you might think the problem of being repetitive is inherent in "Hack 'n Slay" Action RPG, but I think there're some who make this feel personal and rewarding and some who make it a redundancy. For me, regrettably, D3 falls into the latter category. Technically they includedIn summary: Gets repetitive really quick and feels like a "production-pipelined", risk-free, standerdised game. Yes, you might think the problem of being repetitive is inherent in "Hack 'n Slay" Action RPG, but I think there're some who make this feel personal and rewarding and some who make it a redundancy. For me, regrettably, D3 falls into the latter category. Technically they included many things to prevent this: So much skills and runes and skill combinations, but it doesn't add up to something larger. Encounters are almost always the same (monsters coming in from the front of you) and you beat 'em down, sometimes faster, sometimes slower, repeating the same buttons presses. I don't remember any outstanding encounter. And although there's a lot of different artwork and randomization, the levels through the different acts seemed to be really similar to me. Feels like a checklist of locations you run through, locations that don't really depend on each other. Besides a few dialogues, there were no real authentic things for me, no little scenarios that make you smile or smirk, nothing personal. Expand
  21. May 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i don't want to play with internet connection.... i haven't a good internet... i wanna ask a question to blizzard... how can i play diablo 3?.... this crap... Expand
  22. May 16, 2012
    Bad graphic, bad gameplay, really boring.
    Overpriced like all other Blizzard products.
    I wonder will they charge you for another $60 for +10 levels expansion with couple of legendary items each year. 30% real money from AH will goes to Blizzard.
    It's not a game for customers, it's just cash flow generator.
  23. May 16, 2012
    Always online DRM and less character customization than the previous title... 12 years ago?
    unacceptable. i hope half of the people who would have purchased this game decide not to on the DRM basis alone. paying gamers should not tolerate this inconvenience merely because blizzard is scared that they will only make record breaking sales.
  24. May 20, 2012
    Game looks good and overall i like the graphics and game design (similar to the old Diablo 2 which we all liked). However, the game as of now is simply useless as I get kicked of the server after 5 minutes play time. Blizzard, give us offline single player mode OR up your online servers because this SUCKS!!!
  25. May 22, 2012
    It's pretty simple. I can't play the single player when I want thanks to the always-on DRM.

Otherwise, it's a prettier Diablo II, which is nice I suppose.
  26. May 15, 2012
    Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think this game is horrible. There is no LAN, no World PvP, no PvP, no Mods It's Pay2Play and has a Cash Shop that is Pay2Win and has to be Online all the time, and there is only single player. Coupled with the cartoonish graphics, feminization of Diablo, misandric armors for male, not enough sexy armor forAllow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think this game is horrible. There is no LAN, no World PvP, no PvP, no Mods It's Pay2Play and has a Cash Shop that is Pay2Win and has to be Online all the time, and there is only single player. Coupled with the cartoonish graphics, feminization of Diablo, misandric armors for male, not enough sexy armor for the females, and casulized gameplay. This is a shameful display of the Diablo franchise and unacceptable. This is the end of line, Blizzard. I'll stick with Guild Wars 2 and Tribes Ascend. Expand
  27. May 15, 2012
    Blunder of the century. Instead Blizzard investing money in game making, they decided to invest in aggressive viral marketing campaign. The game itself is total mess, however well suited for Zynga audience. Zero replay value. Game obviously designed with 4 year olds and quadruamputees in mind. I honestly think that was my worst decision in gaming life to buys such pile of actiblizzard.
  28. May 15, 2012
    Trying to log in for 12 hours now... it is just not working. I mean its a single player only game, and they know how much copies are reserved, they could have easily avoided it. And worst case, while diablo 3 is being raped on login, you can't log in WoW neither. Thanks for combining 2 services into 1 , so then both are not working
  29. May 15, 2012
    Until they fix the issues, this game does not deserve a proper review. No one pays for their games to have it snatched away from them in the first few hours, FOLLOWED BY THE SERVER BEING DOWN STRAIGHT AWAY. Online Only for Single player is a complete joke, they could've kept SP and MP completely severed, but they claim it was for anti-piracy and duping. News flash, you can prevent dupingUntil they fix the issues, this game does not deserve a proper review. No one pays for their games to have it snatched away from them in the first few hours, FOLLOWED BY THE SERVER BEING DOWN STRAIGHT AWAY. Online Only for Single player is a complete joke, they could've kept SP and MP completely severed, but they claim it was for anti-piracy and duping. News flash, you can prevent duping by not making SP and MP CONNECTED. Expand
  30. May 15, 2012
    What a beautiful loading screen i paid £40 for, please make an expansion pack soon featuring not one but TWO all new background images*! *Additional fees apply.
  31. May 15, 2012
    How do you code 12 years on a game and **** it up? The only other game that screwed up this bad was duke nukem forever but even that failure is nowhere close to how bad diablo is play 10 seconds discconnect log back in play 30 seconds with that little area can't open stash can't go nowhere also don't uninstall it and reinstall to fix becuase once uninstalled forget it it's notHow do you code 12 years on a game and **** it up? The only other game that screwed up this bad was duke nukem forever but even that failure is nowhere close to how bad diablo is play 10 seconds discconnect log back in play 30 seconds with that little area can't open stash can't go nowhere also don't uninstall it and reinstall to fix becuase once uninstalled forget it it's not reinstallaing again due to some localization thing. congrats blizzard even clowns code better than this you have officially set a floor for the gaming industry to laugh at. Expand
  32. May 15, 2012
    Unable to log in or play due to the online-only requirement and constant server issues, even for a single player game. The game is essentially unplayable.
  33. May 15, 2012
    Never played it. And now thanks to all of your reviews i will never buy it and play it. Thanks for saving my money. I don't usually follow what people say but the majority is overwhelming.
  34. May 15, 2012
    It does not matter how "good" a game is if you can't ever get to play it. The fact that Blizzard's servers are never working is now trite and I don't have to repeat it. Can it really be that a company with the amount of resources that Blizzard has has failed to ensure something as basic as enabling the people who buy its game to play it? This has been nothing short of a scam, and BlizzardIt does not matter how "good" a game is if you can't ever get to play it. The fact that Blizzard's servers are never working is now trite and I don't have to repeat it. Can it really be that a company with the amount of resources that Blizzard has has failed to ensure something as basic as enabling the people who buy its game to play it? This has been nothing short of a scam, and Blizzard should be prosecuted for it. Expand
  35. May 16, 2012
    This could be first false step of Blizzard... Awful OnlineDRM for a single player, Very expensive even online purchase (incredible that could be same than physical again...), Very frustating startup due to servers down, and about the game... same than other offers but better graphycs. Blizzard, please, do not continue on this way.... think in your consumers, don't become on anotherThis could be first false step of Blizzard... Awful OnlineDRM for a single player, Very expensive even online purchase (incredible that could be same than physical again...), Very frustating startup due to servers down, and about the game... same than other offers but better graphycs. Blizzard, please, do not continue on this way.... think in your consumers, don't become on another Ubisoft, nor ea, please..... Expand
  36. May 16, 2012
    The game is just pathetic. I hope they screw it up with the sales, and make no profit so in the future they know that real gamers want games not a pathetic attempt to make something in order for little kids to play with their parents on a weekend afternoon. Again have to say 3x PATHETIC GAME !!!!!

A huge disappointment, and an unworthy sequel. - Charater customization was so confusing, so they removed it (no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up) - Legalized gold selling, pay-to-win auction houses - Scripted scenes EVERYWHERE 0Bland, one dimensional, WoW inspired skills -World PvP removed and the only PvP options is a WoW-clone arena (REMOVED TILL LATER, LOL) -Voice acting is HORIBBLE compared to D2 -Timed log-outs in a game which its gameplay is based on being fast-paced (even on hardcore mode) -FREQUENT CHECKPOINTS that revive you from where you are left off (how much more casual can they make a diablo game I wonder) -region lock, DRM that requires you to be constanly online -blizzard 'promising' not to put any items in the RMAH Gee, I **** wonder what's gonna happen -LEVEL 60 CAP Surely to be raised to 70,80,90 and so on with yearly expansions that consists of cut content for only another $60!
  37. May 16, 2012
    Only days after the release and there is a TON of issues to be resolved (lagg / dissconects etc )

I DO NOT recommend buying this game untill the issues are worked out.
  38. May 16, 2012
    Es una lastima que este juego tenga tanta cantidad de problemas en su día de lanzamiento. El volver el juego once tiene buenas ventajas como jugar tu partida desde cualquier equipo, pero e no poder jugar fuera de línea va a traer una gran dependencia de que tan bien estén los servidores. S decir, si en dos años les da por apagar losEs una lastima que este juego tenga tanta cantidad de problemas en su día de lanzamiento. El volver el juego once tiene buenas ventajas como jugar tu partida desde cualquier equipo, pero e no poder jugar fuera de línea va a traer una gran dependencia de que tan bien estén los servidores. S decir, si en dos años les da por apagar los servidores, no podremos volver a jugarlo Expand
  39. May 17, 2012
    Decent graphics, simplified gameplay, dull comic type story. The words "dead", "darkness", "fallen", "curse" in an every spoken sentence. Blizzard, hire a better scriptwriter please!
    Looks like Diablo 3 turned to a game for an arcade machine.
  40. Oct 3, 2012
    You can't play offline even if you solo, No lan support, 90% of the loots have stats that don't make sense.

For a loot driven game, i find the treasure hunting in this game extremely frustrating. Graphics are good, story is simple but effective, voice acting however is very cheesy. In short, this game doesn't encourage to play with your in co-op, and the loot system is so messed up

In short, this game doesn't encourage to play with your in co-op, and the loot system is so messed up you kinda wonder if bli$$ard didn't do it on purpose to "motivate" you to use their new auction house.

This game is a failure and a disappointment. Specially with TL 2 that just came out. It's just 20$ and delivers more than D3. Hell, TL 2 feels even closer to the spiritual successor of D2 than D3 itself.

D3 is pretty to look at, but that's about it!
  41. Feb 26, 2014
    Blizzard had time, money, people and experience – everything they needed to make another great Diablo game. So nothing can justify this fiasco. And things like online-only DRM and RMAH were just pure, plain and obvious trolling. They deliberately chose to spit on their fanbase repeatedly because they knew they would get away with it.

Some may think that patches made D3 better. Nothing

Some may think that patches made D3 better. Nothing could be further from truth. It’s still the same fetid puke puddle it was two years ago. D3 doesn’t even have PvP (and again for those who think it was added in 1.0.7 – Diablo 3 DOES NOT HAVE PvP).
  42. May 28, 2014
    The worst game ever seen for Bli$$ard+Activi$$ion. Take your Money and RUN.... Seriusly GARBAGE.
    not recommend purchase. Is a BETA version of the biggest crab Diablo III , just a BIG SHAME, the biggest scam of all history of Bli$$ard+Activi$$sion.
  43. May 15, 2012
    you have a disc but cannot play offline. required server connection in order to play. and guess what, server failed the first day. and they are still updating.
  44. May 15, 2012
    Very fun game. Once I got rare drop: 3 pages of "License Agreement". But I can't beat final boss "Retrieving hero list" at all. Any suggestions anyone?
  45. May 16, 2012
    maybe it's a great game, but I spend 60â
  46. May 17, 2012
    Its not the expected loot fest because of the way they are now handling stats and there is so much gold laying around its easy to pick up something in the AH that will outshine the loot drops for hours. There is also the fact that it is a single player game suffering from disconnections...it beggers belief.
  47. May 17, 2012
    Seems more like Diablo 2.5 then a new game. Graphics aren't all that great (they seem very muted to me - no contrast) and the game play is mostly the same as Diablo 2. Not sure why this took 10 years to come out.
  48. May 18, 2012
    I was never a huge fan of the Diablo series. I was usually bored of the click-fest by Act 2. I loved the loot and the character development was not bad if not a tad simple. Replay value was poor due to repetitiveness. Diablo 3 is more-of-the-same. The graphics and animation seem dated. The story-line is sub standard in my opinion but hey we can't all be Bioware. They have removed characterI was never a huge fan of the Diablo series. I was usually bored of the click-fest by Act 2. I loved the loot and the character development was not bad if not a tad simple. Replay value was poor due to repetitiveness. Diablo 3 is more-of-the-same. The graphics and animation seem dated. The story-line is sub standard in my opinion but hey we can't all be Bioware. They have removed character development, no, automated it. The loot and crafting is as awesome as expected. If you are a fan of repetitive hack and slash for slot machine loot then this game will exceed your expectations as it trims down anything that might get in the way of that goal. I am glad I let my kids buy it first before I wasted $60.

NB - Get used to DRM and launch day server issues they are a part of the gamer's life now.
  49. Dec 3, 2013
    After playing the game until inferno at release i can safely say that that this games only redeeming factor is the loot system and still during that time it wasn't without its issues. Now for the bad, this game took over 10 years to make and yet somehow they managed to significantly dumb down the game play and limit builds in the process, they also made the huge mistake of patching theAfter playing the game until inferno at release i can safely say that that this games only redeeming factor is the loot system and still during that time it wasn't without its issues. Now for the bad, this game took over 10 years to make and yet somehow they managed to significantly dumb down the game play and limit builds in the process, they also made the huge mistake of patching the game as if it was is an mmo completely nerfing many character builds into the ground multiple times and forcing people to re-roll their characters due to the lack of a re-spec system, whilst i agree their shouldn't be a need for one if they couldn't get the balance right after all the closed beta it should have been a no-brainier.

Greed seems to be the root of a majority of this games issues, the always online nasty as DRM was only implemented because blizzard wanted to cash in on their real money auction house, similar to what steam does with their market transaction by taking a fixed of each sale.Obviously if cheating isn't controlled then this system wont be able to make money hence the always online DRM. My problem with this is that the game isn't and was never meant to be an mmo and blizzard offers absolutely no benefit to the game being online, they even promised PvP and it took them over a year to implement, still in its current form it's a complete joke and not what anyone expected. The server issues that the game still has to this day (added latency in single player for no reason, hc characters dying due to lag-spikes) and had during launch aren't worth mentioning because it should have never had the requirement to be online in the first place or there should have at least been an option to play with an offline and local lan only character ie; a ranked and non-ranked system.

Even if you can look past all of the above and still want to play the game because like me you loved diablo 1 and 2 and have waited 10 years for this shiny new rendition (obviously not the case or you would have played it by now) you will still be disappointed by the limited game play, severely dated and cartoony graphics and animations ripped straight from wow that completely kill the dark atmosphere the first games did so well to create. At no point in the game was there ever a remotely scary or creepy moment, if anything it felt childish and while the musical scores were ok they matter little in the grand scheme of things and do nothing to wash away the foul stench of this colossal failure.

I have not met a single dungeon crawler fan who would be willing to give this game a positive review.
  50. Dec 10, 2013
    I bought D3 on the ps3 with the intention of receiving a new and refreshing gameplay experience but unfortunately after putting several hours in, I discovered that the game is super repetitive. D3 involves doing a lot of the same thing without having any real change and doesn't reward exploration due to the maps linear progression... but anyway you can invest in another video game thatI bought D3 on the ps3 with the intention of receiving a new and refreshing gameplay experience but unfortunately after putting several hours in, I discovered that the game is super repetitive. D3 involves doing a lot of the same thing without having any real change and doesn't reward exploration due to the maps linear progression... but anyway you can invest in another video game that feels great and doesn't waste your time or moneys. Expand
  51. Dec 15, 2013
    It would make a very solid hack & slash RPG except that all of the content other than equipment runs out in under four hours of gameplay.

I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. Especially not a Diablo fan.
  52. Feb 9, 2014
    This failed to deliver as a true ARPG. It has no competitive aspects. Failed promises. The D3 development team does not know what they are doing. bad game.....
  53. Mar 26, 2014
    Only good with blind fanboy

nothing change much from the game core which is utterly bad ...

There are many ARPG out there and they're outmatched DB3 + ROS

Sigh .. i love this series but this is nowhere to be good
  54. Jul 22, 2013
    The positive:
    The positive:
    High production quality, extremely well-made low-poly meshes and low-resolution textures, amazing pre-rendered cinematics. Well designed and thought-out experience from start to finish. The hack-and-slash gameplay is fluid, fast-paced, and engaging. Character and class builds make sense, are flexible and easy to understand. The auction house is a structured economy that makes gold an essential liquid commodity.

The negative:
    Is not an appropriate follow-up to it's predecessor in terms of story, atmosphere, or music. Character customization is simple, but not rewarding or interesting. You can only pick a few skills to use, which creates a more restrictive play-style and, while you can experiment with many potential builds on a single character, the builds you can create aren't particularly creative.

Finding loot is usually unexciting because, generally, the best loot for your character is whatever maximizes the stat for maximum DPS. Rares, uniques, and set items drop too infrequently because if they did, their value on the auction house would plummet. While finding loot for many players was arguably one of the main draws in Diablo II, Diablo III lacks this draw because the most efficient and effective way to obtain items is through the auction house. Players end up engaging in finding loot less (again, because good items need to be extraordinarily rare to be valuable on the market), and end up grinding simply to find gold to pay for loot. If Diablo III is supposed to be an evolution of Diablo II, why are players grinding away mindlessly still? At least in Diablo II, if players were grinding, it was to find items instead of gold.

Item crafting (runewords, crafted items, etc.) is also completely missing--socketing gems in order to simply boost stats for DPS isn't the same and it lacks interesting results.

Overall, players are given less choices in what they can do while playing the game, and are forced to focus on monetizing the auction house in order to reap any benefits of having played the game. Rewards are simply proportional to the efficiency of grinding and the strength of a character build is almost entirely based on maximizing DPS.

Aesthetically, the atmosphere is not the same as Diablo II's because it deviates from the austere, dark, horror-gore style and inserts a bit of a cartoonish flare. Overall, the game is colorful, vibrant, and saturated in a way that does not suggest an impending doom or dire circumstances. Animations are over-exaggerated. Dialogue is generally good, however, as well as the voice-acting.

Diablo III might be a better game if it wasn't simply an ultra-polished Diablo II--slimmed and stripped down to its core mechanics to make the experience an exercise in maximizing player rewards. Of course, many players, including myself, criticize Diablo III mostly for not being Diablo II; at the same time, Diablo II is simply a classic, but extremely out-dated game. I think gamers have come to expect more depth in their gameplay instead of the linear grind of Diablo games, and Blizzard should not be afraid to completely overhaul their approach to the franchise in future iterations. Don't try to make a better Diablo II/III, just worry about making a Diablo IV.
  55. Aug 6, 2013
    yes, sure a bunch of negatives are from the day 1 release issues, but compared to diablo 2, the immersion and spooky elements like fighting the A2 boss are gone. The fckd up the loot, when you find a yellow the first time it's a good feeling, soon you will begin to realize the only times you get good feelings will be when legendaries drop. Thats really all you count on, any other coloredyes, sure a bunch of negatives are from the day 1 release issues, but compared to diablo 2, the immersion and spooky elements like fighting the A2 boss are gone. The fckd up the loot, when you find a yellow the first time it's a good feeling, soon you will begin to realize the only times you get good feelings will be when legendaries drop. Thats really all you count on, any other colored items are most likely vendor cash, please don't support Diablo 3, the only reason why it sold so many copies is because it's Blizzard Ent. if anybody else released this same game it wouldn't have sold as much. The title sold, not the game. Game is garbage Expand
  56. Aug 21, 2013
    I'll cut this real short and simple:

-Always online DRM. Hosting own game in D2 worked just fine. No reason for this garbage except No single player mode incredibly insulting. Screams of greed. -Real Money Auction House: You may have thought you didn't need to use the AH if you didn't want. You were wrong as gear drop rates are so low it has been clearly designed to force you to
    I'll cut this real short and simple:

-Real Money Auction House: You may have thought you didn't need to use the AH if you didn't want. You were wrong as gear drop rates are so low it has been clearly designed to force you to spend money on top of the $60 full price you spent on the game itself.

-Storyline absolutely abysmal. I thoroughly enjoyed the Medieval Gothic themes of D1 & D2. Here we have bright colors, non-dark environments and no gothic art style to be found anywhere. Instead we get Starcraft Protoss heaven. Literally everything about the storyline was terrible to me. Tyreal going from this mysterious, cool sounding rebel archangel to a random black guy. Deckard Cain killed for literally no reason. Diablo and all other major act bosses are simply generic villain clones that look like something out of WoW raid dungeons. Game forces you on rails through each quest in order so no skipping quests once you've already beaten the game.

-5+ years on development would have given sufficient time for a good team of industry veterans to create a deep, huge game world with interesting mechanics and things to do. Instead you can beat the game in less than 12 hours.

-No skill/talent trees from D2. Can't make interesting builds. Instead you have a limited skill pool to choose from, which is easier for casuals to understand but don't as much customization as D2 skills tree did.

-Server and lag issues that exist solely because of always online DRM. Hardcore players regularly killed because of lag and coding.

Perhaps one of the most sad aspects of this whole experience is there are still legions of die hard, fanboy zealots that absolutely adore being spoonfed this kind of extreme From a gameplay perspective and a business perspective D3 is absolutely a ripoff when one has at least a tad of experience under their belt. Do you think other companies could get away with this Imagine all car companies required their cars to be logged in & connected to wi-fi internet in order to work in order to stop automobile thefts. Do you think that kind of business model would work? No. People would be outraged and actually spam them with letters telling them just where they can shove it.

In the game industry however, I'd wager to say most gamers are between ages 12-28 and as such these people are less likely to have experience in business, thus the industry can still make a profit ripping people off. They get away with it because young people in that age group usually don't care or lack the knowledge to make informed decisions. When you buy Diablo 3, you are literally using your wallet to tell Blizzard to make more games like this. Companies will always trail what was successful in the past. Every gamer should NEVER pre-order a video game and instead read many reviews and watch many raw gameplay footage of said game after release before deciding to buy.

Thus sadly, Diablo 3 style games will continue to be pumped out by blizzard such as their "Reaper of Souls" expansion pack. Diablo 3 no doubt was commercially successful despite it clearly being an inferior experience to its predecessors that are a decade old. The people to blame for this mess are the gamers who wasted their money on this and encouraged this rotten business behaviour.

I should know, I was regretfully one of them.
    Never again however. I haven't touched Heart of the Swarm and never will. However the cinematics quality was high, but the way the story played out was laughable.
  57. Feb 11, 2014
    Great graphics and a decent story but the game was completely ruined by the lack of character customisation/choices/surprise. AH ruined any loot found, Loved Diablo II and I have been looking forward to this game for a long time. Zero replay value. The whole game was based on the stats which gear provides and weapon damage determining spell damage was a bad idea.
  58. Feb 17, 2014
    Not as good as Diablo 1 or 2 or even Torchlight 1 or 2.

Basically 4 things drag it down HARD. 1. Worst of all it is pay to win (but not even close to free to play). Inexcusable for a game you pay for. Obnoxiously so for a game you pay this much for. 2. Story. This story is weak. Some of the characters are fun (I'd like to learn more about many of the followers), but the demon of
    Not as good as Diablo 1 or 2 or even Torchlight 1 or 2.

Basically 4 things drag it down HARD.

2. Story. This story is weak. Some of the characters are fun (I'd like to learn more about many of the followers), but the demon of lies is a horrible liar (being obvious from the get-go) and the boards/missions/quests are not varied or exciting enough.

3. Loot/drops. Because they decided to make it pay to win, Loot and drops are not worth grinding, on the whole. Merchants are useless, and even legendary drops are unexciting given that they are almost always not even worth selling on the auction house. Its basically this: there is one correct way to play without real money. Grind gold, go to AH, buy items, grind more gold. Alternatively, you can, instead of playing the actual game, play the auction house to make money.

I don't think anyone bought Diablo 3 to play "stock market, fantasy style" but that's one of the two viable ways to do well in the game. Awful.

4. Online only DRM (with sweet, sweet server management. Honestly, if the game were good, I could probably/possibly excuse this. I think/hope that it prevents haxx, which sorta ruined any pvp or multiplayer in prior Diablos (especially 1). Given that I primarily want to play with my family, I'd be more than happy to lose this in favor of LAN based play.
  59. Feb 18, 2014
    Gameplay is fun but..... the story is awful, the art/feel of the game is terrible, and required internet is garbage. Will never back Blizzard on another one of their games ever again. After seeing Reaper of Souls beta being streamed -- sucks to be anyone buying that load of crap. Maybe you guys will enjoy your trip through a well-lit and cartoony fairy tale with units/lands pasted from D2Gameplay is fun but..... the story is awful, the art/feel of the game is terrible, and required internet is garbage. Will never back Blizzard on another one of their games ever again. After seeing Reaper of Souls beta being streamed -- sucks to be anyone buying that load of crap. Maybe you guys will enjoy your trip through a well-lit and cartoony fairy tale with units/lands pasted from D2 and the same lame class coming back into play.

Out of 8778 reviews, having a 3.9 score is pretty terrible. There have been 86 critic reviews giving it an average of 88 which is even more of a joke.

Also: The months of creating PVP? What a joke.
  60. Jul 19, 2014
    I didn't fall for the hype, Didn't buy the game. Now Blizzard is offering a free demo. The game was made in 2012, but right from the start, it feels like I could have been made in 2005. I've played plenty of rpgs and diablo spinoffs, but this "official" Diablo feels like a spinoff itself, but a cheap one, that could have been made by a kickstarter effort from a few thousand dollars.
    In
    In 2014 (or 2012 for that matter) no character customization is an absolute no go.
    Poor inventory handling is an absolute no go.
    Poor interaction menu is an absolute no go.
    I truly feel like I'm playing a game from 10 years ago, not 2 years ago. It was acceptable for Diablo II to look and play the way it looked and played, but it's totally unacceptable in 2014 (or 2012).
    We had RPGs already, that done plenty of innovation in many aspects to the genre, none can be found in D3. Not sure if it's the stubborn Blizzard idea or somehow it's a design "feature".
    If I want to use a metaphor, imagine buying a car today for the same price as all the others, but upon sitting into it, you realize, it's equipped like a car from the 80s. 13 inch wheels, drum brakes, cassette player only, no remote lock or alarm and the seat feels like an old used sofa and it smells like mildew inside. All, for a premium price. It would be the laughing stock of the world, and so D3 should be.
  61. Aug 11, 2014
    I remember my hp having a RPG similar to Diablo3. the greater differences however is that the hp game had more; character classes, actual character customization, it was FREE!,The list could go on Diablo 3 is a bastardization of what a good game should be, and i am ashamed that i spent any money buying a copy.
  62. Dec 1, 2014
    This game don't look like best H&S ever. But it should be after several years of production, previously experience and budget etc. They probably spend most of that time on think how much money get from that "product". It is all reason of where it lead to. This title is not worth any attention anymore.
  63. Feb 12, 2014
    This game is a 4, the reason people are rating it a 1 is because it is the sequel to Diablo 2. It basically took everything that was awesome from the genre and that game and stripped it down to a crappy, boring experience. I did not enjoy any of the time I spent playing this game.
  64. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely horrendous. I bought a single player game and I have to be online to play offline mode? What kind of wizardy is this **** I mean for christ sakes man if I buy a beer I don't expect an apple juice.
  65. May 15, 2012
    Why is this game named Diablo? The have successfully destroyed what made Diablo 1 & 2 great. They should have named it Call of Demon. This is like Call of Duty meets Diablo. Garbage game... I beat it in 3.5 hours. This is the most dumbed down game ever. Took the week off work for nothing...
  66. May 18, 2012
    I'm giving this a 2 because when I can actually play, it looks pretty good. I'm not a fan of the skill progression, but the addition of the skill bar is much needed. Overall I regret spending the $60.
  67. May 15, 2012
    I'm really not into the bandwagon hate for the game, but it's really horrible.
    I'm really not into the bandwagon hate for the game, but it's really horrible.
    I've completed it on hard mode in a bit less than 8 hours, which is ridiculously short when compared to the time I spent playing the first two Diablo games. The voice acting feels half-assed, the environments are not immersive, the music is in no way fitting, the ridiculous greedy DRM keeps crashing every half an hour and the item shop is just a plain stupid idea, it completely removes the aspect of having to search every dungeon to find the best gear, instead of paying for it right away. The skill point system is nonexistant, the player gets his magic straight away and the game features only two colors of the spectra - the gray for dungeons and brown for the desert, it also features ridiculous amounts of bloom that just plain look bad. The graphics are ridiculously terrible and the artstyle really doesn't fit the franchise.
  68. May 16, 2012
    Note - the negative reviews, hysterical as they may be, sound more like actual customers and less like paid posters than the postive ones, while the "professional critic" reviews are either glorified european blogs with a grand total of two or three on the staff or bigger outfits that live in fear of having their ATVI advertising money cut off.

The reality is that it is a game with a

The reality is that it is a game with a talented team behind it, but zero experience in the genre. I'd advise checking out Torchlight II if you want to experience a game at a fair price made by people who have done it a few times before.
  69. May 16, 2012
    Purchased the digital copy to be able to play a 4player coop game as soon as 12:01am PDT passed... from Blizzard, the copy with the largest amount of MMO subscribers, and I could not play it for a couple days due to network-server issues occurring at off-work hours.

I understand launches MMO launches, but this is not an MMO, it is a 4 player coop game where items-characters are saved server side. People could play if u were lucky to get in early, the game worked, you just could not log in. A 1 score for requiring Battle net, which was a failure, to play a single player game as a DRM solution.
  70. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a wow clone. I got a bad feeling when they have named the dark wanderer to "aldrict", when the dark wanderer really was yourself the adventurer who smacke dthe soulstone in your own face at diablo 1 end cinematics.
    And yet still claims that the doings in Diablo 2 was "brave adventurers" whilst just backstabbing all the Diablo 1 gamers by calling them all "Aldricgt" som of king leoric.
    Man the game itself sucks big time and is a hughe wow clone in sheep clothing, but to whack up the diablo storyline to more resemble WOW lore, that is low.
    And whats with the cinematic looking like papermachie from a flash game, stills floating around and a voice in the background.
    no i am very dissapointed, i give a 1 just not to dissapoint someone that spended money on a usless product, like all those who baught WOW in the beginning, paying 60euros and some months later just realizing that they spent 60 euros on something they never can play anymore.
    Why will D3 be the same? Because when people start hitting infernal, everyone is forced to buy gold because the inflation will look like always in mmos, the best item will cost u a staggering 10 million gold.
  71. May 24, 2012
    Ok, so from the start of the game I was disappointed. I found out that they had styled the game the same way as they did with their new game Mists of Pandaria which is awful in so many ways, but the main is that they did not have any talent trees. Thats right, no talent trees whatsoever. You might ask yourself why they feel the need to take out talent trees and put in this panda styleOk, so from the start of the game I was disappointed. I found out that they had styled the game the same way as they did with their new game Mists of Pandaria which is awful in so many ways, but the main is that they did not have any talent trees. Thats right, no talent trees whatsoever. You might ask yourself why they feel the need to take out talent trees and put in this panda style skill system, and the answer is that they felt like it would be easier to balance... The word "Balance" has ruined this game, they were actually so lazy when making this game that they didnt feel like dealing with any other variables than necessary so they went ahead and made it to what skills you picked had little to no impact on how you play. This alone is a reason for me to say that this game has no replay value whatsoever, and it has even less satisfaction from beating it, the best feeling I got from beating Diablo 2 was to see my weak starting character transform into a heroic Juggernaut through the particular stacking of skills, I remember that I stacked so many points on my druid that I could constantly have 10 or so summoned wolfs helping me at once, this game lacks all of that original diversification therefore making it the retarded offspring of what was Diablo. Expand
  72. May 16, 2012
    I was hoping for more out of D3. This is an early review and I will update the review after I finish at least Nightmare mode. Dumbed down skills = why? You had a very large fan base why the need to make it easier. No avatar customization, I know it's a single player game but I have to play online on your servers so.... Only five classes, if you had skill trees that allowed each of thoseI was hoping for more out of D3. This is an early review and I will update the review after I finish at least Nightmare mode. Dumbed down skills = why? You had a very large fan base why the need to make it easier. No avatar customization, I know it's a single player game but I have to play online on your servers so.... Only five classes, if you had skill trees that allowed each of those classes to effectively be another three different classes I would understand, but now they are all the same so why no variety.
    I have somewhat enjoyed some of the game so far, I may have had to high of expectations.
  73. May 18, 2012
    Ok, Diablo 3 is not bad, but I expected more mobility on the screen, hoping one experience of gameplay at least equal to World of Warcraft. I expected more choices of classes and skills, less dull labyrinths which have to explore step by step to find items and paths to the next dungeon. After two hours playing I end up feeling bad about this experience. Unlike Guild Wars 2 that althoughOk, Diablo 3 is not bad, but I expected more mobility on the screen, hoping one experience of gameplay at least equal to World of Warcraft. I expected more choices of classes and skills, less dull labyrinths which have to explore step by step to find items and paths to the next dungeon. After two hours playing I end up feeling bad about this experience. Unlike Guild Wars 2 that although we pay $ 59 like Diablo, in the end we feel quite satisfied. Expand
  74. Jul 27, 2012
    Bad uniques, bad set items, no crafted items, no eth items, no jewels, no runes, no charms, no runewords, generally bad loot tables, smith not balanced, juwel guy not balanced, enemies not balanced, kite n run instead of hack n slay gameplay, no gameflow at all between act 1 and 2 inferno, bad balance of classes and skills, no pvp at all, steady serverproblems combined with no offlineBad uniques, bad set items, no crafted items, no eth items, no jewels, no runes, no charms, no runewords, generally bad loot tables, smith not balanced, juwel guy not balanced, enemies not balanced, kite n run instead of hack n slay gameplay, no gameflow at all between act 1 and 2 inferno, bad balance of classes and skills, no pvp at all, steady serverproblems combined with no offline singleplay mode, chat bots, ingame bots, auctionhouse bots, exploiters that made billions and billions of gold worth ten thousands of dollars ruining the auctionhouse market. Take this list. Apply it to a game. Rate the game. Do it honest. Expand
  75. May 15, 2012
    They promised I could play on release... Now 24 hours laters still unable to login or play anything what so ever.
    Beta had problems and they did not learn a damn thing.
  76. May 15, 2012
    If you buy this game, the only thing you purchase is the ability to give blizzard even more money through the in-game auction house which they tax all transactions on despite owning everything that goes through it in the first place.
  77. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a poor shadow of iteself, Blizzard with it's Endless crap like World Of Warcraft can't make decent games this days. Rest In Peace Blizzard.
  78. May 16, 2012
    This game is garbage.
    Challenge is non existent, you can beat it in around 9 hours. And if theres a server issue, you won't get any loot for beating the game.
    Buggy as hell, if you give a templar a shield it boots you out of the game and you can't get back in. (But who would ever think of giving a shield to a knight, thats just silly) Also the DRM prevents people who have purchased the
    This game is garbage.
    Also the DRM prevents people who have purchased the game from playing if theres a server issue. I'm not talking just multiplayer, that would be fine, but if the servers are full or down you can't play single player.
    You'll spend most of your time with this game either seeing error 37 or 3003.
    My advice avoid it.
    Vote with your wallet, if you don't like the idea of a company not letting you play a game single player at your leisure, that you can only play when its ok with them, then do not buy this game.
  79. May 18, 2012
    Played through it with a friend in a couple of hours - a great disappointment. The graphics are nice, the controls are good but the depth of the original Diablo games just isn't there - you do not care about the story at all.
  80. May 18, 2012
    WTF is wrong with games these days!!
    Everybody wants another good sequel to our arguably one of the best game franchise, but what blizz gave to us fans and gamers, a **** OF CRAP!! We fans deserve better than this! **** THIS ****
  81. May 23, 2012
    Keyword Unpolished

From the Chat/UI/Skills/Maps(no randomizing)/Enemies/Loot/ Story(boring)/Service(Servers/HACKS)/Play-ability So after 12 years we gain an unpolished game, and no lessons learned from D1/D2 were tossed out the window. SHAME
  82. May 23, 2012
    The tuning in Inferno is the dumbest game design decision I have ever seen. What was blizzard thinking? Missing half the features at launch with a social system worse than D2's is just icing on the turdcake.
  83. May 18, 2012
    i didnt wanted another diablo 1 or 2, i wanted something improved. is not the case here. for example starcraft 1 is like sc 2 but sc2 has a much faster gameplay focused on micro, is more modern, diablo 3 is not moder, is a diablo 2 more simplified. for example i dont understand why does the unidentified items exist as long as you just right click on them and they auto-identify. they shouldi didnt wanted another diablo 1 or 2, i wanted something improved. is not the case here. for example starcraft 1 is like sc 2 but sc2 has a much faster gameplay focused on micro, is more modern, diablo 3 is not moder, is a diablo 2 more simplified. for example i dont understand why does the unidentified items exist as long as you just right click on them and they auto-identify. they should have focused on something else to make the gameplay more interesting, not just killing monsters, thats boring and should have been just a necessity, just a step towards something more interesting, like upgrading your hero or something. learn new tricks/skills/jobs, etc. in this moment i see diablo 3 as a flash-zombie-killing-game with a better graphics and atmosphere. kind of lame, is nothing modern about that. not even the search for items is not the same, you just buy them. disappointing Expand
  84. May 15, 2012
    If you want an immersive ARPG, you've come to the wrong place. The design for this game doesn't lead to much. Artistic design, plot, game design, everything seems to be under par. Its impressive how they managed to through down the drain all that money, when an indie studio creates Path of Exile, a free to play ARPG. Go try it, and you will feel what immersion really is.

click the Ok

click the Ok button in the popup window "The game has ended"
  85. May 15, 2012
    Very disappointing, the art style is horrible WoW crap
    this isn't Diablo 3 at all
    The game itself is 8 hours long
    massive disappointment the graphics are decent but the customization feels so limited, the game has gone backwards
  86. May 15, 2012
    This game is so awesome.. If you like a game where the only thing you can do, is sit back and look at a login screen, then this is for you!!!
  87. May 16, 2012
    There is no cow level. Blizzard could do better. I only wanted the cow level. And there is no cow level. Very bad game. Huge disappointment. I was gonna kill some cows and there are no cows in diablo 3. How could they release it without cows?
  88. May 16, 2012
    The same game from 12 years ago, but now you have to deal with the unreliability of the Blizzard servers. If you can get over that the game is one dimensional without any choices along the way besides for run or charge...
  89. May 16, 2012
    I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player!? What exactly is on that disc?! It is a sick joke... Give my money and wasted time back!
  90. May 23, 2012
    Graphics 5/10 - the game is blurry under high resolution settings, and the colors are over saturated to the point of obscuring the red health globe while in a "red fog dungeon" rendering both the art of the dungeon hidden and removing all usefulness of the health meter of your character. I can not see the detail on the characters under the default instalation. i have seen screenshots ofGraphics 5/10 - the game is blurry under high resolution settings, and the colors are over saturated to the point of obscuring the red health globe while in a "red fog dungeon" rendering both the art of the dungeon hidden and removing all usefulness of the health meter of your character. I can not see the detail on the characters under the default instalation. i have seen screenshots of others who are resorting to an illegal mod that could get me banned from the game to view the detailed textures of this game, sadly we were never ment to see any of the finer details of the artists hard work.
    Plot 8/10 - the plot drives an interesting story, and has considerable room for an expansion
    server stability 1/10 - random lag spikes can disconnect you from the game seemingly at random, regardless if you are in a boss fight, a huge pack of enemies, or simply in town. This happens regardless of if you are playing solo or with other people, because of the "always on" requirement of internet play. I i must "always be online" to play a single player game, then blizzards servers must "always be available".
    auction house 1/10 - most items are posted and respond to input within 5 seconds. stay away from commodities until a patch, i get nothing but "request timed out" errors when attempting to buy or sell gems and other commodities and i have lost several gems while attempting to sell them due to this problem. this major error should have not shipped with a finished game.
  91. May 15, 2012
    Extremely disappointed with the draconian DRM. The "error 37" problems should make obvious what a poor policy this is...especially given the resources put into this project, there's no excuse for this kind of shoddy launch. Publishers and producers need to learn to start respecting their customers, more and more people are rightfully demanding a quality, polished DRM-free final prod
  92. May 16, 2012
    Wow, what a terrible game, you would think a major company who has been developing the game for over a decade would do a better job then this, not to mention the after the release of the game it has already been soloed in 12 hours. I think ill cut my loss, and try to return it and wait for the release of Guild Wars 2.
  93. May 15, 2012
    This game really gets my jimmies in rustle. The characters in it move way too slow. How can anyone enjoy a game where nobody can into fast? What a joke. You can't fight the power and pierce the heavens if you're moving at turtle-pace speeds. Blizzard, I am disappointing. But enough with this - I'm off to sit on my throne in Bel-Air.
  94. May 15, 2012
    Bad enough that they added crippling online only DRM to a single-player game, worse that the DRM doesn't even work.

Rating of 0 because if you purchase this game at the time of writing it simply doesn't work in any form.
  95. May 16, 2012
    Des mise à jours à gogo, on sait quand ça commence, mais on ne sait jamais quand cela fini ! Bravo Blizzard, aucun support, rien du tout. Et bien sur on paye pour ça !
  96. Feb 20, 2014
    What have you done, Blizzard? Nobody likes the story not even the whole game. All you do is stacking 5x Nephalem in Festering Wood then you enter a prepared crypt in mp10 and you level the same character class up to 100 all over again to get a paragon 1000 toon in the next expansion. All you do is clear the same lame crypt tapping 1-1-1-1-1 like a retard in Archon form and beam while rightWhat have you done, Blizzard? Nobody likes the story not even the whole game. All you do is stacking 5x Nephalem in Festering Wood then you enter a prepared crypt in mp10 and you level the same character class up to 100 all over again to get a paragon 1000 toon in the next expansion. All you do is clear the same lame crypt tapping 1-1-1-1-1 like a retard in Archon form and beam while right clicking everywhere. Here is my score infinite 0-0-0-0-0! Expand
  97. Mar 7, 2014
    Diablo III is one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history. The story is garbage, the graphics are cartoonish, etc etc etc. I had trouble seeing 15 months of development, not to mention the 15 years that D3 took. I'll be an old man for D4, not that I would waste my money again. To rub salt in the wounds, D3 is almost decent now that the DLC is about to be released. Too little wayDiablo III is one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history. The story is garbage, the graphics are cartoonish, etc etc etc. I had trouble seeing 15 months of development, not to mention the 15 years that D3 took. I'll be an old man for D4, not that I would waste my money again. To rub salt in the wounds, D3 is almost decent now that the DLC is about to be released. Too little way too late. I hope nobody buys the DLC to send a clear message to Blizzard that their game is pathetic . Expand
  98. May 24, 2012
    DRM is pathetic, im was not mad on DRM im ok with little lags i think they fix that but when my account and lot other people got HACKED because of Diablo 3 security foult this end here payed 69$ for what ? 4 days of waisting time and get HACKED ? DRM is just ridiculous and need single-player, changed my 10 score to 1
  99. May 15, 2012
    It is certain that people had great hopes for this game. It's been a decade since the last Diablo game, so the hype has been building up. In addition to that, it's being developed by Blizzard, the company that has thus far produced THE best selling MMO and RTS games. It is unlikely that any company could have delivered on the hype that had built up, so it does not deserve to be rated onIt is certain that people had great hopes for this game. It's been a decade since the last Diablo game, so the hype has been building up. In addition to that, it's being developed by Blizzard, the company that has thus far produced THE best selling MMO and RTS games. It is unlikely that any company could have delivered on the hype that had built up, so it does not deserve to be rated on the basis of "did it deliver?". No, i'll rate it as a stand-alone game, i'll forget that i played Diablo 2 for years and know Blizzard to be a company which usually brings polished games with depth to the table. If i do that guess what we are left with? Right: a pretty bland game that focuses on all the wrong aspects of action RPGs. The story is well delivered, but dull. The gameplay is solid, but casual. The graphics are polished, but dated. The visual style is distinct enough (remember, we forgot that it's a sequel to D1&2, in which case the visual style should have echoed the predecessors). Now how much money are they asking for this mediocre product? Yes, the full AAA title cost: 60$. Taking into account the price point and overall performance of the game, i'd have to say that even the most hardcore Diablo fans should turn away from the company that has none of the original talent that made the previous Diablo games, and look for alternatives elsewhere, keywords:
    Path of Exile (free game in closed beta, buying store credits gives early access to beta, can not buy power)
    Grim Dawn (is on kickstarter and is funded, trying to reach stretch goals)
    Torchlight II (preorder now on Steam)
    All the mentioned games are at least on par with Diablo III, but cost you 20$ or less to play, so you could buy 3 games for the price of 1.
  100. May 16, 2012
    This is not Diablo2. This is much worse.
    There is no hardcore like in D2. Cartoon design make me laugh through tears.
    No customization in skillz and attributes
    Maybe this game is for new generation, but i guess not for me

1. Aug 31, 2012