3.9

1. May 16, 2012
    TO BE FAIR: I have only played this game for about 10 hours so far. However, I have been consistently frustrated by the over-simplified mechanics of the game-play experience. The skill system is a very flawed construct when compared to other titles, including this game's direct predecessor. I receive many arguments from fans stating that Blizzard aimed for simplification to allow a wider diversity of players to enjoy the game. I don't accept this. If you look at recently-release titles such as Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and even Modern Warfare 3, all skill-learning and upgrade systems allow much more freedom of customization of the players character/s and (despite some issues with Skyrim's UI ease-of-use) the games are extremely enjoyable by an extremely wide range of players.

Another frustration to consider is the side-effects this being network-dependent... Such a side-effect I seem to suffer from repeatedly is server lag in a single player game... Think about that. I've had moments during solo-play where my character jumps around the map, counter-strike-style, when my connection to the server suffered. On a positive note, the improvements in the audio/visual realm are very much appreciated, but it's nothing impressive when compared to the majority of titles on the market.

Overall, despite being a relatively short distance into the game, I feel that Blizzard has made some shocking mistakes with the design of the game-play mechanics, and their choice with making this an exclusively network-dependent game. I sincerely hope that Blizzard listens to it's customers complaints and releases some significant improvements to the game.
  2. May 16, 2012
    Even though the problems that surfaced during the first hours of the game were huge for a lot of people, I think a fair review should not give them a lot of relevance. From a game life-span perspective, launch day it's a very important day, but it's a tiny percentage of the game experience for it's players.

Having said that, and focusing on the game itself, I'm very well impressed, the
    game is exceptionally polished, game play is super fun, the pace and difficulty is extremely well tuned (being a "regular" player you get to almost dead a lot of times, but always feel you can overcome it if played correctly). Expand
  3. May 16, 2012
    Epic Game. Newbie people doing wrong review because couldnt play at 1st minute.
    I know i had some isses to play at launch game but we all knew in adv that.
    I have to congratulate Blizz Staff to dev this amazing game.
    Only negative point, why dont launch at weekend instead tuesday ?
  4. May 16, 2012
    Played the game yesterday with 3 friends and it's exactly what I expected from it, pure hack and slash with a straight forward story, solid mechanics and no fuss.

Graphics: The graphics are perfect given the game's settings, number of concurrent mobs that sometimes show up on your screen (your screen might get FILLED with mobs at some given events and I didn't lag with your average spec
    PC what so ever), the quality of all the animations is flawless for a top-down isometric view, you can tell attention to detail was given to the animation portion. My only complain could be on the character creation portion, they are indeed fugly on that screen.

Gameplay : I'm loving the new changes they brought forward, customization while not as present as in the previous one, I feel that they've put just enough to bring a certain complexity towards the various challenges the game offers. I don't feel like "unicity" is something they cared about when it came to customization and I'm fine with that, it's not a MMO and there's no need to add complexity for no reasons. Multiplayer: CO-OP. IS. A. MUST. I wouldn't even play it single player. Co-op is what makes this game fun.

Sound : No sound expert here but I think the voices match the character's style and "personality" and the music is fitting to the setting.
  5. May 16, 2012
    As everybody i got connection problem! but, the game is perfect =), i finished the normal mode, and for me it's very ok! history, skills, everything! is very addictive game! i'm looking forward to play the PVP mode as well
  6. May 16, 2012
    This game is wonderfully rendered and creates a real atmosphere of peril and impending need. The graphics are appropriate for the theme which is a dark dungeon crawl, the voice acting is stellar and the gameplay is exactly what I expected from the Diablo franchise. I find this game immensely satisfying and moreover I'm confident that with the already announced updates of PVP and content this game will not only continue to be my favorite but will grow to be one of the best games in its genre. For all the online-only play haters out there, I agree it isn't optimal, but I believe the added bonus of the Auction house and deterence of cheaters which have run rampant in online games in the past, will be well worth the occassional first day glitches that are bound to be there. Expand
  7. May 16, 2012
    Its over, i have to say, this is a very good game and I cant wait to get to level 60.

Ive been waiting for this game for so much time, back when I was 8 or 9 me and a friend were playing D2 and we wanted to know the rest of the story, and I think the plot of this title was fairly descent, except of the linear story.

The gameplay was great, typical hack and slash at the diablo taste. The
    new "Spell System" with the runes and everything is working quite good imo, so in PvP you wont see players with the same build as you and you have a lot of versatility in what you wanna go. Yes, the character creation screen sucked but you could at least change your gender.

Graphics, kinda a bit old graphics but hey, if you compare this to D2 you're supposed to be really happy lol.

Sound, nothing to say on this, zombie screams, epic classical music, everything was perfect on this side.

Overall everything was amazing except the launch day with all the lag and disconnects. I think most people are hating this game cause they wanted a 100% ripoff from D2 with all the same classes and all the same system, but I still preffer the new system, enjoy and stop ragin' butthurt kidz.
  8. May 16, 2012
    Esses que estão falando mal do jogo, estão avaliando os momentos iniciais do jogo. Não sabem que todos esses bugs poderão ser corrigidos no final. Deveriam avaliar o jogo pelo que realmente poderá se tornar com o fim dos bugs.
  9. May 16, 2012
    Generally a perfect Sequel to Diablo II and LoD, although maybe a bit to easy on normal.
    Quite balanced and the random level and events generator seems to do an amazing job. I have finished the game in normal with 2 different characters, and had a quite different experience both times, because of locations that change and new bosses, and events.
    Been a fan since Diablo I and will clearly
    look forward to Diablo IV.
    It is a crying shame that whiny kids try to boycott the games score because of server issues, I think a game should be judged based on the game, not the server capacity. Should Blizzard have anticipated this ? YES.
    Are we grown ups, who know mistakes can happen ? YES
  10. May 16, 2012
    Ignore the whiners.. Diablo 3 is one of the best computer games ever made. I played EQ for 7 years, WoW for 6 years, and I will be playing this one for years to come(with expansions eventually). Beautiful graphics, great control. It is Diablo. People are just whining about everything and most of them were(or still are) in elementary school when Diablo 2 came out and weren't even born for the first one. I loved Diablo 1 in college.. I liked Diablo 2(I had my reservations about it) but with Diablo 3 they have fixed everything I wanted and did so much more! Expand
  11. May 16, 2012
    I like the story and the gameplay. People who gives it a 0/10 are whiners. Here are some news for you: 1.Yes, you need an internet connection to play, but it's year 2012. It's not that hard or expensive to have one.
    2. The real money auction house? YOU DON*T HAVE TO USE IT, I'm sure most people won't. They are not forcing you to use it.
    3. About the error codes, I got them aswell. But
    the servers are overloaded, it will be better. And if you give the game a 0 because of this you're pathetic.
    4. The graphics are bad? No, Diablo is supposed to have an artstyle like this. What do you want? FPS style with the flashiest game engine?
    5. The story and the gameplay is not bad. But I understand why 99% of you don't get the story when you rush through the game. Maybe you should play at a slower pace and pay more attention on detalis and lore? And the voiceacting is not bad.

Is nothing good enough for you spoiled brats? First Mass Effect 3 and now this. Get a life whiners. For me it's not a 10/10, but since the whinepatrol gives it 0/10, I will give it 10/10.
  12. May 16, 2012
    If you're an ACTUAL gamer that plays games for GAMEplay, then please read.
    It's sad to see how many people give this game a 0 for really stupid reasons... The connection problems are not the game, that's the server, you try designing a server that can handle THAT much traffic on release day, it's impossible. Give it a week TOPS and things will be running smoothly. Complaining about DRM is
    just stupid, you bought the game, you paid your service, enjoy it and shut up. Now with all this BS aside, let's get to the actual game.
    So far from what I've seen this game is pretty damn good, not perfect, no diablo 2, put damn near perfect:
    1) Graphics, I honestly don't give a damn about graphics... people seemed to have forgotten that games are about GAMEplay remember that part in a game? The GAME? Oh yeah, that. You want to see good graphics? Watch a movie. Besides that, the graphics were fine, pretty, cool art style, clean UI, everything looks nice.
    2) Gameplay - oh yeah! That important thing. So far, it's great, the only flaws I can see with it, is the fact that new characters are always going to be the same, you unlock skills in a very linear pattern allowing for no creativity early on, until about lvl 7-10 when you start making choices. Also the lack of attributes kinda made me frown :( Other than that, the gameplay and loot system is the same of what we know and love from D2.
    3) Other nonsense - Online play is kinda weird. I don't like that you can't play offline single player, a bit of a letdown if I do say. The Auction House thing seems cool - it's not for everyone, but I don't think people should rate it down for that. It's like if someone gave you a great game and said "here, OH and there's this extra feature if you want to use it too, but you don't have to." It's not like you NEED the auction house to get gear.
    That about wraps things up. This game certainly doesn't deserve the 3.6 it has. It's not THAT bad, just people being trolls. In reality, I would give this game a 9/10 BUT because of the amount of trolls that need to be countered, I'm giving it a ten. Maybe someday the 10's will displace the 0's...
  13. May 16, 2012
    Great Game... Just close enough to D2 to spark up some older memories but still leave you make new ones. Sound/Graphics is great and play is smooth. Have not even touched multiplayer or Auction house yet as I can t get myself away from my quests to even look. Don
  14. May 16, 2012
    This game is really beautiful. The story, gameplay everything is perfect. Despite some problems connecting to the launch of a huge game that should this compacted over time.
  15. May 17, 2012
    Amazing game, great sequel of Diablo and Diablo 2, honor the series in so many ways, and the story is fantastic.
    For all you folks that are planning to buy, don't take serious the idiots that are voting negative only because they can't play the game or because they are just idiots, this game is really worth playing.
  16. May 16, 2012
    This game is fantastic.Yes I couldn't log in straight away on launch night,and I struggled the following day,this was a pain in the arse.I hoped it wouldn't happen,but I knew that I had to be connected to play single-player before I bought it.So I sighed and got on with my life for a few hours.And then tried again.Now (just over 48 hours after launch I can log in and play no problems. The game,for me,improves as you play through it.The leveling up process is simple and satisfying.The user interface intuitive and straight forward.The facy people went out of their ways to come here and give the game zero's out of ten is just sad.Games have problems when they launch.Shock horror.Grow up trolls or just **** off,you're just trying to ruin other peoples fun in any way you can.Half of you probably don't own the game anyway,which makes the situation even more laughable. Portal 2 got similarly panned and other excellent games I'm probably aware of.Never played Diablo 2,so have no reference but the game is fluid and fun.Anyone giving less than five probably has a similarly sized **** in inches. Expand
  17. May 17, 2012
    Diablo as I always wanted it. Action action action... and again action! If I wanted so hard customization I'd have played Fallout instead. I was really frustrated when in D2 I had to stay hours not playing in order to be efficient and keep on the edge with my friends... When my friend (Digital delivery) told me "Crap! It's the same feeling of D2" I drooled. It's different for many crucial points but I find it's quite enjoyable still deep for a Hack&slash (no RPG) game as it is. Surprisingly it has also a great story! Expand
  18. May 18, 2012
    Trollers gonna troll JBC they have to wait for servers to accept the Huge pop of players and there's lag/DC the first few days they're all going to B!tch and complain yet judge the core gameplay mechanics off that illogical reason all these idiots know what to do is complain and develop SN cojones. SPs are stupid you dump on the obvious and a few extra for vitality ooooh so much depth. The "gamers" who complain have zero logos towards their argument other than its DRM which was stated from the start, and if you're too stupid to understand how blizzard would handle DRM you're a complete idiot, Expand
  19. May 17, 2012
    O jogo pode não ser perfeito, mas esta longe de ser ruim. Ã
  20. May 17, 2012
    This game is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. It doesn't even compare to D2. I'd write more but I have to go puke after spending $60 and waiting how many years for this piece of crap....seriously. Not worth the $10 I originally spent on the first Diablo 12-14 years ago. Eight hours was more than enough. Sorry, I hate to write bad reviews. Can I get a refund?
  21. May 17, 2012
    diablo 3 is a very intersting game , the gameplay is just amazing and i enjoyed play it a lot . I think it is one of my favourite game so far .
  22. May 17, 2012
    First of all, I am amazed at how many people are giving this game a 0 because they can't connect.
    How the hell can you expect to be taken seriously by the companies that make these games if you act like a moron who rates the game so low even if you didn't even play 5 minutes of it?
    Or how the hell can you state that this game can be finished in 3 hours? I have currently about 6 hours of
    game-time and I just finished Act 1 - just goes to show how ignorant people really are.

On with the review:
    If Diablo II for its time was groundbreaking, Diablo III for its time is a breath of fresh air in the pool of mediocre ARPGs.

First of all, the gameplay is quite nice, and it brings enough new things to the table for me to like it.
    Of course Diablo II had a nice gameplay, but seriously - would you rather play puzzle in your inventory? Would you rather spend valuable inventory slots for scrolls of identify and town portal? Those things bothered me a lot in D2.
    Also, the attribute point system is pretty good - let's face it, in D2 99% of us just placed the points EXACTLY the same. How is that any different from having the game place them for you? Nitpicking on something like this really means you are stupid.
    The story is kind of easy to predict, and it just serves as a backbone to the game itself.
    The music is also very nice, I really like the "And the heavens shall tremble" piece and many others.
    Overall?
    I honestly think that the game is worthwhile, even if you are a casual or hardcore Diablo player. It has many interesting mechanics and has certainly evolved compared to Diablo 2.

As a side note, I experienced connection problems on D-Day - but IMO when you don't even play the game then come and rate the game low, it means you are stupid. No, you're not interesting, no you will not get the game for free. Plain stupid.

23. May 17, 2012
    lol, at all the butt hurt people giving this game a negative review. It is 100% what I wanted and more and is a great successor to the franchise. Maybe stop reviewing a game just because you can't connect, that isn't constructive at all. What is the point of even getting on here if you haven't even played the damn game. If I could I would give this a 20/10 but 10/10m will have to do.
  24. May 17, 2012
    I can easily say is the best game I've ever played. I wasn't phased or outraged by the initial technical difficulties, I expected them as a part of the process. As a lifelong Diablo fan, another day or in some cases an hour or so of wait time here and there are laughable in comparison to the time we've had to weather thus far. The title has fulfilled my hopes and dreams for this series. I feel very fortunate and honoured to participate in it's advent. My true disappointment lies with the outraged members community, who despite their very loud pointed opinions are the ones who have dropped the ball.

What we've been given here is a beautiful, technically admirable gift. That will provide hours of
    amazement and fun for the next decade.
  25. May 17, 2012
    Did everyone really forget what diablo was all about ?

I read some of the reviews and sadly I see that people were expecting skyrim with the story of diablo ! that is just not diablo !!!

Diablo 3 is simply a better looking version of diablo 2 with different character classes an loots. Ok some of the systems are very different but they are not bad ! (ps. the fact that you can change the
    skills of the your character does not mean less customisation ! eg some skills are not for me and I will never use them wile a lot of people will think the other way around.),
    Music of the game is awsome,
    The graphics are not cutting edge but the game looks beatiful.
    cutting through packs of enemys is still soooo much satisfying.
    there is 10s of skils for every class with runes for an extra twist, that takes repetition out of the question for me !
    Items look good and detailed with a lot of variety,
    Thats all I wanted from this game and I got them all !
  26. May 17, 2012
    The people who have rated this a 0 without ACTUALLY playing the game should be banned from writing a review. Not only that they should sell the game immediately and not even have the opportunity to play. If you want a unbiased and fair review, this is NOT the place to look for it.
  27. May 17, 2012
    Having played all three Diablos i have to say that this is my favorite for sure. The character customization is there, as you can customize all your skills to your play style. The thought put into this games storyline, characters, and balance is awesome and obvious. I don't have to tell you the graphics and sound are amazing. I look forward to the harder modes and the upgraded boss mechanics. Only downside that i agree with the haters on is having to log into a server. No internet makes the game unplayable. That is unfortunate. Much Love For Diablo 3!! Noobs need to Learn their history before judgeing this game. Its really that damned good. Expand
  28. May 17, 2012
    For everyone reading this review, everyone that is whining and crying about how the new style gameplay is horrible, blah blah, no attribute points, etc, there is a reason why its called Diablo 3, and not Diablo 2. Its because its a newer revamped version. Don't like it? Cry about it somewhere else. Don't taint the name of Blizzard just because you can't get on the servers to play the game, and especially don't taint the name of Blizzard because you don't like how they make their games. That's like saying, "Hey man! Can I have some of your milk?" to your best mate, then throwing the milk back in your best mates face saying, "Dude, that tastes like Sh*t"

I will admit, the only thing that has slightly unimpressed me so far in this game has been the server unavailability, but that's not forever; in fact, its already cleared up, with some short maintenance breaks inbetween. Good things come to those who wait, and I am sure Blizzard will continue to deliver.

Game-play wise, this game delivers the full hack-and-slash experience that people love, and the classes and amazing. From what I've seen, the "Witch Doctor" class is a must-play if you have a quirky sense of humor. Nothing more funny than watching exploding toads kill minions.

There a plenty of side quests, and the game is very re-playable. About the removal of attribute points and skill points;
    The newer system is a lot cleaner, a lot more easily accessible, and you don't get that moment in battle going "**** **** **** wheres my (insert skill name here)!?!?!111!?one!" moments.
    There are still a lot of skills to utilise and customize between, and they all have their different uses.

Playing fairly casual for a die-hard diablo fan, I've hit level 40 on a Demon Hunter, and like I said, have been impressed by the game so far. I've already said to my mates that I am looking forward to the sequel, Keep doing what you do Blizzard, and don't let these whinge bags bring you down.

Also, as a last note; millions of people have bought this game. Yes, we are all annoyed about server instability, but in case you haven't seen, only 1674 (as of the time that I am posting this review)people have come to meta-critic to badmouth and rant about the game. These are probably the people that wanted something to whine about in the first place, or just aren't getting laid enough! Guess what the other millions of people are doing? Playing the game they bought, and having a smashing time.

Thumbs up Blizzard.
  29. May 17, 2012
    Awesome! I love the modifications in Diablo 3 over D2 and D1. Forget stamina, attribute points and skill trees, and get right down to bashing evil's head in! :) Drops are better as well. I can't really understand people's negative comments regarding these changes, but hey... to each their own.

I can understand, however, people's frustration with the server and performance woes, but you
    can assume these will be fixed in the very near future. Expand
  30. May 17, 2012
    Practically perfect in every way. There are a handful of whiners that have slammed it due to the DRM (which has been known for about 7 years to be in most releases now), but ignoring the honking geese and the forum trolls, I have not had a better gaming experience than playing Diablo III in a very very long time.

Graphics are stunning, gameplay delivers in reams, and the replay value is
    off the charts.

Its less of a game and more of a masterpiece.
  31. May 17, 2012
    This is a great game; it's a sequel to Diablo 2, therefore it is a dungeon crawler. The Diablos put dungeon crawlers on the map and consequently the idea has been copied many times since then. But diablo 3 is everything you can expect it to be and is very fun. Also takes more than just clicking on stuff, although that is of course the basic premise. On first glance the skill tree can seem restrictive and unsatisfying, but a quick trip to diablo's website lets you take a look at the entire tree of each character and it becomes clear that a very large amount of fiddling is possible. If the system worked the way it did in diablo 2 you would never, ever manage to figure out all the possibilities. If you can't connect do something else for a few days and wait for the servers to stabilize, if you don't like the witch doctor there are four other options... Expand
  32. May 17, 2012
    Before I review i will say one thing.Stop Raging about connection and complaining that it isn't Diablo 2.
    Ive been playing the game for a few hours now and it has been great.I don't mind the real money AH and think it might actually be good.If your a Diablo fan then buy this game.
  33. May 17, 2012
    Ok, I will admit I only played Diablo 2 a limited amount, and am far less hardcore about PC gaming then most. Yes the game has become far more streamlined, yes there were issues at launch. Those who are disappointed, I get it, but instead of giving it a zero which it clearly does not deserve, give it an appropriate score for an underwhelming sequel but a capable standalone game. somewhere between a 5-7 depending on how much haterade you had that day. It's an enjoyable game that isn't perfect and is plagued by corporate greed for sure. New players are going to be incredibly turned off by the 3.8 gamer review score. Rather then throwing a hissy fit for the developers not giving what you expected, appreciate it for what it is, a fun, engaging, if rather strait forward, hack and slash with some customizability with an interesting story. Not to mention it has the wonderful ability to be updated and changed. If you're unhappy, rant about it with a purpose so maybe some things will be changed. Expand
  34. May 18, 2012
    I can't believe all of the users that gives this awesome game such a bad score. Most of them havenâ
  35. May 18, 2012
    best game i have every played.. well worth the wait
    all the negative reviews seem to mention bugs that were addressed a few days after launch
    Yes there have been server issues because so many people are playing this game.. but that doesn't mean you should give the game a low score - blizzard has been quick to address the server issues..
    i think most of the low scores are just trolls
  36. May 22, 2012
    10 Reasons Why Diablo 3 is 10/10 (in no particular order)

1. The game feels very similar to Diablo 2. If you are one of the millions of people who LOVED Diablo 2, you will LOVE Diablo 3.

2. The skill system has been vastly improved. Gone are the days where you either play one of four cookie-cutter Hell-beating builds or die instantly. Instead, players can switch skills on the fly and
    thereby try different combinations of skills for different encounters. This adds a strategic element to the game, but it also just makes the game more fun to experience since you won't be spamming one skill for thousands of hours.

3. The game looks amazing. It may not look as polished as Skyrim or Witcher 2 on first glance, but Blizzard knows that the devil is in the details. The movements of the characters are smooth and seamless. Skills are impressive to behold. The environments are interactive and the 3D rendering adds considerable depth. The result is a game that may not boast the best screenshots but offers some of the most visceral and epic battle sequences ever created.

4. The new crafting system ensures that grinding will yield adequate rewards (at least so far). One of the biggest downsides of Diablo 2 was the dependence on getting lucky drops. The new crafting system allows you to salvage pretty much anything and turn the materials into high quality weapons and armor that actually compete with the random drops.

5. It is easy to join forces against the Prime Evils! It takes all of one click to join a friend's game and take up arms against the forces of Hell. Sure, it is nice to be able to fly solo, but this game is much more fun with a group of friends, and Blizzard has made it easier than ever to make that happen.

6. This game is worth buying just for the experience of playing Act 3 and Act 4. I will refrain from spoiling it for those who have not had the pleasure, but Blizzard really finishes the game with a bang!

7. The cutscenes are AWESOME... so is the sound!

8. By offering hardcore mode and the Inferno difficulty, the game should please serious gamers and grinders.

9. On the flip side, the game has much to offer to the casual gamer. I feel that casual gamers get drowned out in the forums, but I would wager that the vast majority of the players currently enjoying themselves in the world of Santuary have yet to beat the game on Normal. They are pacing themselves and enjoying every minute of it! The beauty of Diablo 3 is that you can have a blast playing for 10 hours OR 10 minutes... in both cases you are killing demons and finding items. As a person with a demanding job and a life outside of computer games, I appreciate a game that I can play intermittently over a very long period of time.

10. On a similar note, this game has unparalleled value. People still enjoy playing Diablo 2 even though it was released 12 years ago! This installment will not be any different - it will always be there for you when you need a quick item hunting, demon slaying fix (don't we all?). I can think of no other game that offers such replayability without a monthly charge.

There are more reasons that this game is worthy of a high rating and deserving of your hard earned dollars. I'd list more, but I'd rather play a bit more Diablo 3. See you in Sanctuary!
  37. May 18, 2012
    Yada yada self-righteous claptrap about DRM. Oh wait! That's right! My internet is always on! **** I thought I was still on dial-up! And OMG! What's this? An auction house which isn't full of hacked items and other bs. Hey! An economy which isn't **** how fun! I guess that's why they need the internet to verify every loot. and OH HEY! I'm not a freetard, that's right! I actually want to see developers earn money for good games like this one. Protip: Get a job/welfare. Pay for games. YADA yada bad framerate. OH WAIT my computer doesn't suck giant hairy testicles because I haven't been playing xbox for the last 13 years. Yada yada single player. OH WAIT! I've got friends who bought the game! Oh wow, we're playing together. I'm having fun! Screw single player. OH WAIT, I CAN play single player, but it's still online to prevent hacked items n'stuff and preserve the economy and the game. np.

YADA YADA I couldn't play for 2 hours. FUUUUCK! I'M GOING TO PUT A FRACKIN' 2 ON METASCORE. TAKE THAT BLIZZ. OH WAIT! Now i can play! wow fun! I'll totally come back and fix that review later...

Must... keep.. playing... tooo... much.. fun...
  38. May 19, 2012
    I'm surprised how so many people hate the game. Yes, it's not Diablo II, but it isn't supposed to be. The game is entertaining and charming in many ways. I'd recommend it to anyone who can simply enjoy something without comparing it to a previous game or rushing through and then saying "nah, it's crap".
  39. May 19, 2012
    Having played diablo 1 through diablo 2 and all expansions. I can say that diablo 3 is a true diablo sequel the feel and game play that made diablo great is still there. The graphics are great and the soundtrack is good. This game lives up to the expectations of a true diablo fan and it's a great sequel. The server problems were to be expected with any game that requests a Internet connection to play. Blizzard has good job with fixing most server problems and the game is now enjoyable. Giving this game a bad rating without playing it just cause you can't connect to the server for a small time is not right. Over all diablo 3 is great game that is a true diablo sequel. Expand
  40. May 20, 2012
    2051 negative rating so far and I beleieve they're wrong or they just didn't like the need for being online in this game. I understand Blizzards attempt at fighting piracy and totally agree with them to make the game online based only. The majority of players in the US playing pretty much all have internet anyway. I was hesitant at first to buy this game due to playing the beta and that was crappy. I thought..."This doesn't at all feel like Diablo." My love for the game though won out and I preordered it online so I was ready on day 1. I agree with the others that day one was horrible. But come on...you've got a whole life time to play the game...what is one day compared to the enjoyment of playing a Diablo game. I LOVE THIS GAME. There...I went ahead and said it. For those of you who are reading reviews and not buying the game because of all the negativity...buy the game and then make your complaints. This is definitely a Diablo game. I felt like Diablo 2 when I was playing the first act. The level of detail of the background is just gorgeous and awesome at the same time. The music is pretty outstanding. For those of you complaing about the characters being cartoony...have you seen all the other hack and slash games of this generation?! They are nothing compared to what Blizzard has done with Diablo 3. The characters are not cartoony. If the developers of Diablo 2 had the same resources that we had today...I'm pretty sure they would look like Diablo 3. If you want cartoony characters...go to Torchlight 2. After all...a lot of them are developers of Diablo 2. Gameplay was exciting...and intense...especially hardcore. OH MY GOODNESS...don't get me started on hardcore...best feature of the game if you want intensity. EVERYONE...buy this game...seriously...buy it. Expand
  41. May 19, 2012
    So many people say "pay to win" yet the real money auction house isn't even in the game yet...I mean that is someones sad attempt at coming up with a reason to hate a popular new game.
  42. May 20, 2012
    Why are people still reviewing this game based on a problem that happened on launch and half a day after? The game has been working just fine for days now. If you are having DC issues it is your comp. The servers have been up and the errors are gone. So everyone claiming the game has connection issues is not telling the truth as of this moment. Big deal you couldn't play a game for a day. First world problems. Anywho, Im really enjoying this game. I never played the second Diablo but I did play the first. It's streamlined to perfection and it's just flawless. Bug free and addictive gameplay. Not to mention the amazing CGI Blizzard is known for. Expand
  43. May 20, 2012
    Please ignore the massive amounts of negative reviews because 95% of them are due to player ignorance.

Low raitng for Online-DRM/no single? - The reason is to prevent offline hacking which was a huge problem in Diablo 2, having it server based prevents that. Honestly this game is much better as a cooperative game. Also if you don't have an internet connection then you are living in the
    stone ages.

Low rating for bad graphics? - You can't compare Battlefield 3 graphics with this game, and that being said can you really ask people to buy 1500 dollar computer to run it?

Low rating for being too easy? - You can't bash on the game being too easy if you're playing the easiest difficulty. Try playing hardcore mode(Death is permanent) and finish the fourth difficulty and let's see what you say about 'easy'

Low rating for no skill tree/lack of customization? - Ignorant to the 'elective mode' option. Which allows you full customization of your skills which you can change ANYTIME on the fly. This also allows you to try a wacky character build without having to create and level a character from scratch to find out it's not very good.

I hope this clears up the 'ignorance' that plagues the negative scores.
  44. May 20, 2012
    This kind of pathetic fanboyness makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. All these 0's and 1's, just because a game isn't enough like its prequel. The only time a game should EVER receive a 0 is if you couldn't even play 5 minutes of it. All these 1's and 0's already admit they played all the way though or for hours on end, and will most likely continue playing. You idiots need to realize when you rage on a website like this, you completely ruin the entire concept. Have you really not noticed that pretty much EVERY sequel on meta gets a 50-30 user score, but every new game, even if its **** gets a 80+? Not to even mention the ridiculous unbalance between user and critic score. This fan boy retardation of the gaming community needs to stop. This is the equivalent of banging a supermodel and only after having sex for hours saying " meh, you were better the first time. 0 out of 10" Now to my actual review.
    * Story: F%#king amazing. I was blown away with how epic and heroic they make you feel, unlike diablo 2 where it seemed like you were just kinda involved in the conflict. The cut scenes are the most beautiful 3d rendering i have ever seen, better than final fantasy. *Graphics: FPS fanboys along with others will be disappointed by the lack of reflection and lens flare burning images into their cornea, but the graphics are GOOD do not be fooled by RAGERS. All of the landscape in this game is absolutely breathtaking, and guess what? its RANDOMLY GENERATED. Every other game i have ever played with randomly generated terrain, to be honest, was ugly. The epic views you get while up on a cliff or on a castle battlement were so breathtaking I had to stop slaying demons just to stare. The spell effects are super sexy, along with the physics engine that sends demons flying in your wake.

*Game play: Instead of a big skill tree with good skills scattered in between **** ones that you have to get first, diablo 3 opens itself to complete customization. You have 6 spells and 3 passives at any given time, but the amount of total spells and passives is around 50+. And on top of that, you can augment your skills to make them behave completely different, raising the number of skills to around 200 per class. And the best part? You are not stuck with ANYTHING. Remember how in diablo 2 if you but 1 point into int on a barb, that character was considered ruined? None of that here. Respec WHENEVER you want at NO cost, means that instead of living and getting just an ice mage, you get an ice fire and arcane mage. its a brilliant setup.

The only reason that this game looses 1 point in my mind is because you can pay 2 win, but the fact that your paying another player instead of some black market item seller lessens this blow.
  45. May 20, 2012
    Who judges a game based on their connection? Never had problems with server or lag. Online single player/multiplayer, all good. DRM? There's no big online title without DRM, it's the future people. Deal with it. Could use a lobby though.
  46. May 22, 2012
    New way for Action RPG, i really tired of clickin on + in my stat, this game have a pannacea with this problem, forget about forum play like what you want and if you can't win some of the enemy, don't go and train another character for this monster pack), just try another strategy.
  47. May 21, 2012
    PLEASE READ BEFORE GIVING A BAD REVIEW!

So it has been 11 years since Diablo II. Blizzard took longer than it needs and Diablo 3 is not perfect, but it does set a new standard for RPG.
    Constant Connection: ok, not everyone is happy with this. Some people still doesn't even have internet or very slow one. But if by doing this, it creates a fair and none-hackable environment then I'm
    willing to live with it.
    Skill set: this is awesome! Setting the skill table like this, players can create a bunch of combinations as the style they like and don't need to waste money or coin or reset their points. Good Job! but I expect more choices and unique gameplays, either a new character or 2nd rune level.
    Graphic: not the best but it can be played by regular computer or laptop so you dont need highest quality graphic card. Should have an option for higher resolution for hardcore players. Auction House: I don't like rich kids get to pound ass but it is a choice. Honest players should be able to make money for their hard work. People says Blizzard trying to make money out of this but I don't see how since the money goes straight to another player and they don't sell coins for US $. The transaction fees is transaction fees, lol, for paypal and the people work in it. Others: No more identify and portal scrolls, omg, yes! Fun with friends, yes! A massacre bloodbath, yes, but more nasty, more blood and more creepy please! 9 out of 10, it's really good but can be improve. Thank U Blizz.
  48. May 21, 2012
    This game being my first endeavor into the Diablo universe, or even a blizzard game at that, I was fully expecting some pretty complicated menus and stat spreads or whatever the hell those things are called. I am not in any respect a casual gamer, and though I may piss some hardcore RPG players out there, I found the the streamlined game to be very helpful in getting me to feel pretty badass from the get go. I did not get the game the first day and have not as of yet experienced any online connectivity problems due to the server being over-loaded. I want to go play Diablo very soon so BOTTOM LINE: It is a very fun game that is streamlined for new players, which understandably pisses off the vets. Although it should be more complicated with a little more customization options, the gameplay itself is absolutely outstanding. I mostly play an 360 hooked up with an HDMI, and I am a prissy little **** when it comes to graphics, but I found myself not really giving a **** about this game's graphics because of the sheer fun I was having. This is the first game to take me away from Skyrim for a bit (but **** the world when Dawngaurd comes out.) I did not give it a perfect 10 because ....well holy **** I can't think of a reason not to give it a perfect 10. You can dye your armor, that's enough customization for me. Please pardon the ****ing swearing. Expand
  49. May 21, 2012
    Good game, what a difference that write bad about it? Use your head and evaluate for yourself! The main let fix some problems with lags, which are sometimes...
  50. May 21, 2012
    The lag issues that have persisted during peak hours is certainly a nuisance, but that hasn't stopped me from logging 30 hours into the game since its release. That's more than can be said of many offline, moddable games with LAN-support that I've played.
  51. May 21, 2012
    Isn't it obvious Blizzard toned down graphics, simplified everything, made it linear etc. ON PURPOSE? They're a big company making games to appeal to a large casual/mainstream audience. They need a fanbase that consists more than nostalgic, aging Diablo 2 players. It's not 1998 anymore. For what it's SUPPOSED to be, it's not a bad game at all.
  52. May 21, 2012
    Seems like we have 33% of people expecting WoW 2, 33% expecting Skyrim (A single player RPG) and 33% who actually know what Diablo is. A MULTIPLAYER hacknslash.

I don't judge a game by its servers on the first week. I judge it by its content, and its content is perfect. The skill system is truly revolutionary and has blown the old talent tree system out of the water.

Never before have 5
    classes felt so unique, and with such endless combos and possibilities. It is simply remarkable.

Haters gunna hate, the truth is Blizzard have another masterpiece.
  53. May 21, 2012
    What happened to the good old days when you could enjoy a game for what it is instead of hating it for what it isn't. I judge a game by how fun it is and for me this game is a blast. I grew up with the diablo series and this game fits right in. Is it perfect, no, but everyone needs to quit hating. The world is so negative now days. Try and have some fun.
  54. May 22, 2012
    Disappointing but correct. Few contents and too much easy. But sounds, graphics and pleasure of bash monsters is present. This game is polished but i repeat , there is few contents.
  55. May 22, 2012
    The only real reason why this game has a 4.1 on the User Score is because the launch was "crappy". After 10 years of waiting and having changed the launch day twice people finaly got to play.... atleast they thought so. Unfortunately the servers couldnt hold the 5 million people trying to log in and kept crashing which of-course pissed alot of people off, and in their "being mad" they yust rushed to MetaCritic and clicked the 0, they didnt rate the game for its content they rated it for its start. Diablo III is one of the best games i have seen in a long while, you should definitely check it out and dont look at he user score too much.

Follow me on twitter for more Diablo 3 news and other gaming shenanigans @nielsboschh
  56. May 22, 2012
    The game is fine. A great sequel to Diablo 2. I grew tired of the same old, rush character through Baal runs so you could "pvp". PVP consisted of swirling hammers faster than the other guy while simultaneously teleporting all over the place with no real strategy involved. Oh and let's not forget about the lovely "NKing" that was rampant. Oh and what about EVERYONE teleporting all over the place? How was that fun? How is Diablo 3 not better than that? Fin. Expand
  57. May 22, 2012
    Amazing game, fun to get into, challenging. The storyline is decent though the ending seems a little rushed. The same atmosphere and intensity that made the earlier games magic is still present and this was definitely worth the wait.
  58. May 22, 2012
    This game is exactly what i wanted from a Diablo sequel; not really sure what everyone else was expecting or why they're whining like a bunch of little school girls. This game is so much fun to play that is actually hard to put down, kinda like Diablo 1 and 2 were back in the day, coincidence...i think not. So good job Blizzard, keep up the good work! I'm gonna go back to click click clicking away in joyful bliss :-) Expand
  59. May 22, 2012
    Amazing game!
    Everyone giving it 0-3 points are just being petty. It does what it is set out to be. bucketloads of fun, killing and looting.
    AND ITS NOT DRM! its a clever online system. At least blizzard is trying something new, giving a FREE online platform that helps generate content, control looting and host co-op.
  60. May 23, 2012
    Game of the year for me. People who gave low scores mostly did so just because they could not log in the first few hours after release. Gameplay is fantastic. The more you play, the more you want to play.
  61. May 24, 2012
    You people are on freakin crack. You let a game get you all hyped up more than even the best game out there should. This is a great game. Great story. I get the feel for diablo 3. I like the new system. I like the new features. Don't expect some orgasmic trip, but if you want a great video game, Diablo 3 is for you.
  62. May 25, 2012
    La digne suite de Diablo II, il ne mérite pas moins.
    La nécessité d'avoir une connection internet fait parti de l'évolution naturelle et logique des choses, c'est son plus gros point positif (sauf la première semaine de sorti, comme tout jeu en ligne).
  63. May 25, 2012
    The game is great, the gameplay is very tight and smooth. Right now their servers are in a slightly volatile state at the moment which is to be expected of any game launch with a large population. The balancing isn't perfect which is to be expected within the first week of the launch. But I have high hopes for where the this game is going. People forget that Diablo 2 took years to get to the state where people loved it. It wasn't until Lord of Destruction came out after they got a lot of feedback on Diablo 2 and the game just got more interesting and then when the synergy patch came out (1.10 I think?) it was like a brand new game. So I'm looking at this game as a long term investment with excellent short term benefits. It's a great game but the end game right now is hard for me to get into just because classes are being changed constantly for balancing and it's really hard to do anything in Inferno, the difficulty jump even from act to act is brutal. But honestly I haven't been so happy with a game in a long time. My first play through on Normal was phenominal for the story. As per usual the cinematics of the game blow anything else of this generation out of the water, and death animations of both regular monsters and bosses are astounding. Expand
  64. May 25, 2012
    This was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs or the login issues the first day, this is expected new games always have wrinkles to iron out, but overall this is a game well deserving of a 10! Expand
  65. Jun 3, 2012
    Thank Jebus for Meta-critics' policy on only accepting professional reviews to count towards a games score. At the time I am writing this review the user score is an even 4.0, whereas the reviewer score is an 89%. Slight disconnect. Diablo 3 is a solid game with both highlights, and lowlights....wich is basically always the case. The highlights: great hack n' slash, endless loot, good graphics, high replay value, co-op (social), good sound track, better story than most games in the genre, pvp arenas (still coming, but optimistic), humorous dialogue at points, made by Blizzard so all around quality. Lowlights: have to be online to play, and currenntly there is some latency issues, non-sensible gear at points (bothers me at least), nothing new...only refined, some bugs. With that being said this is a solid game that will bring a lot of enjoyment and life waisting oppurtunity to those who like the genre, series, or Blizzard games in general. I highly recommend this game and would like to reasure those worried about any initial bugs, and latency issues that this game was made by Blizzard...they will be corrected. Also, for all those haters, Blizzard takes a decade to release games, and that is also responsible for the quality output. I feel they were doing all the Gaming community a favor by putting the game out when they did, instead of waiting another six months. We could still be waiting at which point you "0" scorers would still be complaining. Stop crying...pick up larping if your world is shattered. No game deserves a "0", maybe a "1" if it's Barbies' playhouse, but come on. Expand
  66. Jun 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely a game to remember. The new Diablo mechanism with 6 active skills to be distributed and 3 passive skills is pretty great. I believe it was based on Guild Wars. The single player game is a great entertainment in normal difficult. The Nightmare is when the game really starts. In Hell, it is basically when the game calls for a multiplayer experience, which is great, by the way. The only problem with this game that makes the score a 9, not a 10, is the story. It's not a bad story, it is a normal story that the good wins, differently from Diablo 2, which Baal wins on normal game and the worldstone is corrupted on the Lord of Destruction expansion. The fact that all goes bad and on the end everything is alright is the problem of the story. What happened is something really huge and amazing when it happens, but the simple way that the "hero" solves the problem makes that problem appears really weak, which it is not. In terms of story, Diablo 2 is tremendously better, but it does not makes Diablo 3 a game to be forgotten. The gameplay and online experience will be there to hold a lot of players. Expand
  67. Jun 12, 2012
    this game is awful, and im a HUGE blizzard fan. at first i noticed i couldnt customize the look of my toon, yet.. its an rpg.. that right there says it all.. but the gameplay is terrible.. point click point click.. boring, where am i? no world map.. wow, no world map?! at that point i gave up, game sucks.
  68. Oct 9, 2012
    Diablo3 is an amazing game, though it does many things differently to Diablo2. It makes these changes to simplify gameplay and make the game more accessible to people new to the franchise. If you prefer how Diablo 2 did things, perhaps check out Torchlight.

Diablo 3 has some great graphics, amazing sound track and voice acting and solid game play. The gameplay gets repetitive after
    100hours but at that point the game has been worth the purchase.

The game did launch with several problems which caused many people on this site to give it terrible reviews. Since launch a lot of new content has been added to address these, thus many of the user reviews on this site are outdated at best, some are just unfair.

The only negetive this game gets from me is that the always online requirement. Having battle.net's social aspects added to the game isnt enough to validate the always online requirement. IE: It causes more problems than it enhances the experience.
  69. Nov 4, 2012
    While not a perfect game, Diablo 3 offers a tremendous experience. The game is fantastic, accompanied by a easy to learn new skill system and the much appreciated inclusion of an auction house. While the game does not have the best graphics out there, its understandable due to it being a dungeon crawler and focusing more on the gameplay. The story isn't great, and at times i found myself skipping cut scenes except for the CG cutscenes, which are fantastically animated. The game isn't all that difficult, but thanks to the recent inclusion of Monster Powers, it really takes the difficulty up a notch. There is a TON of loot for you to collect, equip, or sell on the AH. Now lets talk about the major flaw of the game: constant internet connection. Sure, if you have a decent modem the game will run just, but for the less fortunate, this is a problem. The game will lag, even if you're not playing on coop and if someone else is using your internet, say your bigger brother watching porn, the game will experience a serious lag. These weren't issues to me, since my modem is fairly decent. Overall, this is a fantastic game, one you should definitely pick up, if your wondering about the low user score its because everyone tried to log on at launch date and the game had to experience a serious lag, almost crashing the servers, so just ignore those reviews. To sum up: Story 8.5/10 Gameplay 10/10 Graphics 9/10 Lasting appeal 10/10 Expand
  70. Jan 8, 2014
    Diablo 3 is a good game. It disappoints in some aspects and really appeals in others. The start up bugs are ironed out and the experience is enjoyable but flawed. The plot has serious flaws and the game progress feels very rigid. Its fun how you can change your skills quickly as you choose but the game comes down to being an item grind. Best gear makes the best character and that's the whole purpose of the game. Its an enjoyable experience overall when approached without overwhelming expectations. Expand
  71. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's been over a year since the release of this game and as all the dust has for the most part settled from the initial fiasco of the internet connectivity issues and a solution for the terrible idea that was the real money auction house (just get rid of it entirely). All in all I've got to say, this game is one of the best dungeon crawlers I've experienced in a long while. I do believe that despite Blizzard being a very successful company, they sure do have a horrible fanbase. The community is some of the worst cases of self-entitlement I've ever seen. They really just feel that the longer they play a game they hate the more Blizzard will break down and do something...in actuality most of us actually enjoy Blizzard's games very much (this one included) and really those who hate it are a small minority who seem to enjoy torturing themselves with "mediocre" games until someone fixes it, which really never happens in their mind. Expand
  72. Dec 21, 2013
    Wow! 3.8 user score........ people be raging... Well let me start off by saying that i played this game from closed beta then played it for about 6 months after release, Blizzard did make some bad decisions, with the Real money AH and making it pay to win... but they did learn the hard way it seems, because they are taking it out of the game entirely. I would also like to mention that diablo 2 had a lot of flaws in it as well and it was much more popular when LOD came out, Reaper of souls is addressing just about every issue that people below have wined and complained about. Even after all the frustration and let downs diablo 3 today is still a game that i play and have over 600 hours of time logged in and i will continue to enjoy for years to come! Expand
  73. Mar 21, 2014
    When Diablo III first released it was quite a let down. The loot system was broken, it was a slog to level up characters through the far too easy normal and nightmare settings, and the auction house sucked the soul out of what Diablo is at its core. However, since patch 2.0 it's a whole new game. The smart loot system actually drops useful gear that is tailored to your character, the revamped difficulty system lets you get down to the right challenge immediately and many boss encounters have been revamped to add more variation and challenge. This is the Diablo III that should have been released day one. Expand
  74. May 29, 2012
    For years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayer so friends can jump in and out of your games I don't know if there was an option to turn this off. Not that this bothers me I played every DIablo via Battle.net so it was pretty much the same, never took advantage of single player. Firstly the story feels a lot more exciting then the previous two Diablo titles, confusing at first but the cutscenes were nice. Gameplay is still fun killing enemies for treasures something the Diablo series has perfected. Auction house is a welcome addition as well, long has the diablo series needed a solid form of currency system over trading. Can't say too much about the graphics because of the style of the game, sounds & voice acting however are good. I have no complaints about this game, it's perfect and just as addicting as the other Diablo games. There aren't enough points for me to give D3. Expand
  75. May 20, 2012
    The DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and four difficulty levels and billions of items make for a fantastic game. Diablo 2's failure was that most items were bad, most skills and builds were bad, and online everything was hacked. Diablo 3 has none of those problems. Incredibly disgusting monsters, frightening gangs made chilling by fantastic music and environment. This is a game that will draw you in, if you let it. Expand
  76. PL3
    May 20, 2012
    Drm is sh1t.

Still, this game is awesome. Level desing awesome, a lot of replay value, good story line, cinematic are just crazy, the gameplay is good, I wanna see the future of this game so bad. I dont like the fact that you have to leave your game to check the AH, then go back in a game and lost your MF Bonus. 4 players is perfect. I just can't imagine 8 players play in the same game.

I was septical first because i'm a big fans of the diablo series, but now I will be a fans forever and ever.

9 is a good note, connection issue at the launch was freaking stupid but the game is great so. I hate people here say crap because they can't play for like 3 hours. Stop crying you noobs.
  77. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. If you're a PC gamer and you're not going to buy it you're an idiot. To people who are angry it's not like Diablo II, would you be more happy if they made the same game with updated visuals? No, because CoD does that every year with different guns and maps and the same visuals and all of us hate that. Things change, especially in the games industry. So get over it and play the game without complaining, you might actually enjoy it. Expand
  78. May 18, 2012
    definitely a step up in the franchise. Worried about customization? Just do the math. there is more options in D3 than D2. And end game content, and cheat-free CUZ ITS ONLINE THANKS BLIZZARD.
  79. May 25, 2012
    The game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, but now that it's set, there is no other game I'm more stoked on. Expand
  80. May 17, 2012
    Pretty awesome overall! I enjoy the classes (along with skill options) and the overall gameplay is great, as long as you enjoy the Diablo series. The graphics are also quite pretty, not as nice as a game like Trine 2, but still somewhat impressive. I think a lot of the other reviewers need to chill out, I understand the game has DRM, but you already knew this. I understand the game had a bad launch, and if you're a gamer.. you already knew this would happen. The only reason I think a game should be rated 3 and below is if it has a massive amount of bugs that never got patched, along with being an overall terrible game. Expand
  81. May 18, 2012
    Heyyo, The witch Doctor is definitely an amazing addition to the game and I love how it's not the same **** repeated. Also? the game doesn't deserve a user score of 0 just because you didn't like the DRM or Graphics. The storyline is ok for a hack and slash... still more storyline than Diablo 1... I mean, OBVIOUSLY the game is going to be about Diablo so how much difference did you guys really expect? The only way they could drastically change the story is to change the location or time... and then you'd **** if they made a game like Diablo 40k or such and it wasn't just Diablo with different character models. Yeah the skill tree is really basic, but it makes fights more strategic since you have to think about what skills you want beforehand instead of being able to just cast as you please (btw check into the "Elective mode" setting ya n00bs) and if you try to rebind on the fly you get pwned.

The server issues is by far the lamest thing about the game yes, but Steam had a rocky start... same with each new COD yearly game but you don't hear anyone ****ing about those anymore do ya? Same thing will happen here.

I find this game more entertaining than Diablo II mainly for the fact it so far hasn't gotten boring after the half way point (I always get bored of D2 in the Jungle part and uninstall). Diablo III seems to be more of a homeage to Diablo 1&2 than it is a completely new experience, so treat it as that, and if you want a different experience? Try a game like Magicka, Torchlight or Silverfall. They are plenty good as well. :P
  82. May 27, 2012
    Played both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to mature and is looking really good. I'm on my Hell playthrough now and really it is starting to get interesting. No good game that I remember had a great start, give it some time it will iron itself out. Time will tell the story of Diablo 3, and in hindsight is the only way to rate it. 10/10 Expand
  83. Nov 2, 2012
    I don't understand all that negative comes from launch, when servers wasn't ready enough to hold all that numbers of players, and the game still doe's not ready to be finished, but Blizzard doing all what they think is right to get it done, when i start to play (almost after release tho) i had the feelings that i still play beta, but with patches games come better.

I don't know is it
    better then Diablo 2 or not, these are different games, but i 95% sure that games does not deserve that kinda of negative responses that it gets.

All that i see now, is that game get some additions and changes all over the patches, same as was with previous part of franchise. And you must to know that game have plenty of space to progress: arenas not out yet,more random events can be added to game in any time, normal items can get some use, crafting system can be improved, new cases, act, areas can be added. Only one negative thing about game is AH and RMAH, cus all game work around it, but hey it better that blizzard get some cut of real money (or gold, hehe) paid for items (if some one want to pay, and can, why not?) than some creepy illegal shops get it.

So for now game is 7 of 10 but i put 10 to get some heads up for the good developers.
  84. May 18, 2012
    This game is a lot of fun. I am not normally into games like these, or really most co-op games like this (borderlands is my other example), but so far, I am really enjoying myself. The graphics are up to par with WoW and the story is thoughtful and interesting. It is very straight forward, with no character customization outside of gender and class, and the class abilities are more based on play style rather than WoW's ability to give you dozens of abilities for a wide array of play options. That being said, someone looking for a hardcore game like the older Diablo or vanilla WoW should more so veer away from this title, however, those more casual and looking for a fun game to play with friends or even just a challenging world to explore at your leisure, will find endless hours of life-sucking fun. I give this game a 9 out of 10, being that it has proven to me that a co-op loot-grabbing game can be just as fun as anything else when put together in a way that cuts down the elitists and allows casual players to enjoy without feeling like lesser gamers. My only gripe is probably the graphics being sub-par to most games in this era, outside of Blizzard's famous CGI cut scenes, which would make anyone interested in a movie of anything Blizzard makes full of hope. Very enjoyable, with minor cosmetic short-comings. (And for those of you pulling a CoD on reviews for this game, try to review it as Diablo 3 and not say things like, "This game isn't Diablo 2 and I hate it!". The story is a sequel to the D2, and that is what sequel means, not that it is an exact copy.) Expand
  85. May 20, 2012
    The game is really great, the graphics are good compared to the requirements. Don't let these guys fool you, I've spent a lot of time playing it with my friends and we're soon lvl 60! People hate on Diablo, because in the first days, there have been some problems to log in(which is understandable, with so many people playing it. It's stupid how people can't wait for like a day to play the game. I'd recommend this to everyone who likes to play a game where, co-op, single-player and pvp is mixed together into awesomeness. Remember guys this isn't Diablo 2, it's Diablo 3. Expand
  86. Oct 3, 2012
    es un juegazo a toda regla, manadas de pendejos que le dan 0 a lo sumo trolls a la lata en esta pagina desafortunada mente se perdió la credibilidad a lo hora de hacer un analisis pero bueno, yo diría que este juego me ha dado horas de diversión constante es adictivo y una historia fenomenal, lastima que no innova mucho pero aun así cumple con las expectativas..
  87. May 17, 2012
    I played this game for 10 minutes and it's the most amazing game I've ever played!!! I know, that sounds ridiculous... but it's no more ridiculous than those giving the game a zero simply because they can't play offline. I have to balance out the stupidity. I'll put up a real review when I actually play the game... unlike all these knee jerk reviews.
  88. May 27, 2012
    before you reading an user review, see when it was posted. the most bad reviews are made on 15 may, when the game came out and "nobody" could play it because the servers capacity was not enough.

now my oppinion about d3: it makes fun to play, to get better items, to play with other people. the story is good for a hack n slay game. the new classes are interesting. the difficulty hell and
    beyond forces you to have good equipment and techniques.

but iam not sure about the online single player without an offline mode. not good in my eyes.
  89. May 17, 2012
    Stupid noob haters, the game is amazing.. if you don't like the graphics just use the Darkd3 mod and it will become amazing. This is the funniest game after Diablo 2 and me and my friend are in love with it.
    Giving 0 to this game mean that you should go play Call of Duty or The Sims.
  90. May 15, 2012
    People giving this game a negative review simply based on launch day quality of service are retarded. There has never been an online game that launched flawlessly. People giving this game a negative review because it isn't a copy cat of Diablo II character customization are also retarded. You should be ashamed to even call yourselves gamers. Innovation and change is what keeps the game industry moving and keeps gamers interested. The game is an amazing sequel. The interface is a bit rough, but I have faith that Blizzard will polish it up eventually. The gameplay is exactly what I want and expected out of a Diablo sequel. When PvP gets implemented later this year it will simply be icing on an already amazing cake. Expand
  91. May 15, 2012
    Some of the best servers in the world. Game runs like butter on bread!! yum yum. If you really like stable games with lots of good servers and butter then get this game omg!!!!
  92. Aug 21, 2012
    I am hardcore D2 fan and I have to admit that D3 is ideal sequel. D2 sucks in almost every aspect that Blizzard managed to fix in D3. Broken D2 UI - fixed. Boring endgame turning into endless Hell Baal Runs - fixed. Ridiculously **** up melee combat in D2 - fixed. 85% of the skills in D2 sucks and are waste of the points - guess what, D3 managed to fix it with awesome skill system. Gold was a mock in D2 time, you may have 50kk gold which worth literally **** nothing, and now even 100k of gold worth a lot in D3. Etc, etc, every point that D2 has, was fixed, re-thinked or made from scratch in better way.
    It was definitely worth to wait 12 years for D3 release, this is superior gem in every aspect offering both excellent single and coop modes experience.
  93. May 26, 2012
    First off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out I decided to try out the trial version by purchasing a guest pass on Ebay. After trying it out I decided to buy it immediately. They have outdone themselves with attention to detail, an endless array of monsters, animations, artwork, and an overall superior product to anything that has come out in many years. Not sure what all the complaints are about.. the game retains the intense atmosphere, writing and superb voice acting of its predecessors and creates a visually stunning experience which is also superb in the performance department. My computer is somewhat last generation and it runs on max settings at a steady 60 fps and only slows down when you are surrounded by an obscene amount of enemies on screen.. all with an amazing array of effects. Its truly a masterpiece. Expand
  94. May 22, 2012
    I am having some serious fun playing this game. In my case, most of my gaming friends don't live close to me anymore, so using Battlenet multiplayer is a good thing. We just use Ventrilo or mumble for VOIP. Alot of people wish it had a single player offline version. I agree with this. I would be online anyway, but I can see the point in it. Of-course it does suck if Blizzards servers go down or glitch out, like they did the first few days after release. That is why I am only giving the game a 9. However, The game is very fun. Act 1 and most of Act 2 in normal mode are pretty easy, but the difficulty does pick up alot. Before release I replayed Diablo 2. It was still a fun game. Seriously thou, Diablo 3 really does put it to shame in every aspect. I didn't like the idea of no more skill trees and stat points at first, but now I like the new system better than the old. When playing Diablo 2, I would lock into a couple talents and dump all the skill points into them to make them strong. The side effect is I am stuck doing the same thing throughout the game. Diablo 3 is not like that. You can configure your character for different situations like boss fights, outdoor, indoor, etc, and keep changing things up as you keep getting new talents/runes. Great game, lots of fun. I would recommend to anyone with a decent internet connection. Expand
  95. May 15, 2012
    Game is fun and the battles get epic. Not the same game as diablo 2 but rather the evolution with outstanding visuals and carnage you cant get enough of. To all the crying... Haters gonna hate.
  96. Jun 2, 2012
    Great game I had a lot of fun playing with my brother and freinds, Leveling is fun and kept me up at nights got my buddies into it with the game passes and then we all played through the campain (almost done), enjoyed playing swaping cool loot with friends and trying different skills with all of our different classes
  97. Jun 21, 2012
    This game is actually around a 9/10 in my opinion but it's the least I can do counterweight the pointless review bombing this site experienced with all the zero score reviewers. The game overs a smooth polished action smash up, and I've thoroughly enjoyed 200+ hours now of gameplay with a group of 3 friends. Blizzard continues to produce patches which have been smoothing out the end game experience and are working to reward actually playing the game. I'm looking forward to having as many hours logged in D3 as I did in D2 and D1/Hellfire. Expand
  98. May 27, 2012
    Low user score? Seriously?! halve of the people rating red never played d1 or d2. and except to be single player... if i remember right d2 and d1 where always multiplayer... single player was a lost cause! you gotta have a history with Diablo in order to appreciate it. Diablo was my very first game that started my passion for gaming!. i haven't had eny problems with Diablo 3, graphics r updated and beautiful and has more potential to grow more. people low rating this game because of all the wrong reasons. "Chickity-check yo selfs before you wreck yo selfs" Expand
  99. May 19, 2012
    Initially, I was frustrated as many ppl were regarding connectivity issues. After reconfiguring my router, however, I was able to play for the most part flawlessly. In terms of what I find enjoyable about the game is that is is extremely fun to play. Also, I can tell a lot of time and effort was taken to make the game as great as possible. Is it a flawless game, definitely not. Does it manage to achieve 90% of it's goal..I'd say hesitantly yes. Perhaps, more like 85% but I give it a Blizzard bump bc Blizzard is usually a quality-game developer. Hence, I think this game deserves a 90%. Expand
  100. May 18, 2012
    I love this game. Graphics are fine as hell I don't know what people are complaining about, gameplay excellent and story well scripted. Overall GOOD GAME! Although the internet problem is not a problem for me cause I'm constantly on the internet.
  101. May 15, 2012
    Worth the wait, everything I wanted it to be, amazing, addictive, action packed, and I could say many more things. Diablo III is simply fantastic. Don't believe all these low scores. They are just people pissed at the issues with the servers. Give the game 24 more hours and the game will be fine. Yes, no offline mode sucks, but I don't really care. I always played DII with players and almost never did the singleplayer. GET THIS GAME! It is easily the best game of this generation and I can easily see myself pouring way over 1,000 hours into this game. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012