4.0

1. May 16, 2012
    Pls review the game not the connection issues which indeed is frustating but has nowhere to do with the gameplay itself and that should be the judgement criteria. Therefore 10 as counterscore.
  2. May 16, 2012
    The Best game ever, even though the lousy start. And no matter what they say all sorts of whiners, and the like thugs, it will buy or at least launch a pirate, all the world
  3. May 16, 2012
    I'm in Nightmare mode. I need more of this game because... It is so smoooooooooooooth. The normal mode is easy and let us play comfortably. In the nightmare mode, the "beast" becomes far more aggressive and game "playable". Soooo cool!
  4. May 16, 2012
    Everyone needs to take a breath instead of raging about game systems that have been announced and known for years now. Play through the game and you will see how great it is. Great balance, excellent build variety, amazing gameplay. This will be an all-time classic.
  5. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Some minor server issues that would be expected with any launch of an online game. People are **** about this now because they have no idea what a terrible launch can look like.
  6. May 20, 2012
    I waited to finish the campaign on normal mode before writing a review. Something people really should do in my opinion otherwise you don't get a review, you get a rant. Aside from the connection issues which are still cropping up every now and again this is an excellent game. The production values are outstanding. It is extremely fun to play alone, and fantastic with a group of friends.I waited to finish the campaign on normal mode before writing a review. Something people really should do in my opinion otherwise you don't get a review, you get a rant. Aside from the connection issues which are still cropping up every now and again this is an excellent game. The production values are outstanding. It is extremely fun to play alone, and fantastic with a group of friends. That's really all that should matter in a review of a game. I feel sorry for people who are unable to play due to connection issues, it's not fair and Blizzard should do something to compensate them. That said, it's a separate issue and should not effect the score here. It is no longer just a single player game and the online only requirement is a necessary evil that shouldn't make any difference to most people. The animation, visual effects, story and atmosphere are some of the very best ever created, and certainly the best in this genre. It's a great game that will undoubtedly become a classic regardless of this bumpy start, and I guarantee every reviewer here trying to punish Blizzard by giving them bad scores will soon enough be playing and enjoying it themselves. So do yourself a favour, buy it, play it and enjoy yourself. Expand
  7. May 15, 2012
    I like Diablo 3. Diablo 3 is a good game because you can have spells. when i play Diablo 3, I like to use fire bats. Diablo 3 has very good graphics. Diablo 3 is one of my favorite games to play. Diablo 3 has some problems with its server but i like it anyway. Diablo 3 loves me and i love it. When i set stuff on fire in Diablo 3 it tickles me in the pants. That is all.
  8. May 16, 2012
    I am thoroughly enjoying this game. I have only been been on this game for approx 2-3 hours and taking it slow. The game flow is very fluid amd is very well put together for newcomers to the Diablo scene (ie myself). Users are complaining about options that were available in Diablo 2 and so on, but then this is Diablo 3... Ofcourse there are going to be big differences because its a brandI am thoroughly enjoying this game. I have only been been on this game for approx 2-3 hours and taking it slow. The game flow is very fluid amd is very well put together for newcomers to the Diablo scene (ie myself). Users are complaining about options that were available in Diablo 2 and so on, but then this is Diablo 3... Ofcourse there are going to be big differences because its a brand new game. Most games now require an always on internet connection etc. I mean the game box clearly states internet connection required so how can you down rate a game when its actually part of the game!? I am giving it a rating of 9 as i still have some more of the game to play but currently, the game has a lot to offer. Putting all the errors and login issues that are pumping out to the side, its a well put together game! Expand
  9. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. I'm not sure why there is such a brigade of negative reviewers. Everything is polished, the combat is smooth, and most of all it's FUN and challenging. Really well done, I'll be playing for awhile.
  10. May 17, 2012
    what's wrong with all of you ? u guys gave 0 for this great RPG game. First off, I need to point out the launch was really bad, it took me over 2 hours to login. But if let the launch and connection aside, the game itself could easily deserve 8/10 if not more . The only thing that holds me back to give a 10/10 is the quest system, the storyline is great but the quest system make the gamewhat's wrong with all of you ? u guys gave 0 for this great RPG game. First off, I need to point out the launch was really bad, it took me over 2 hours to login. But if let the launch and connection aside, the game itself could easily deserve 8/10 if not more . The only thing that holds me back to give a 10/10 is the quest system, the storyline is great but the quest system make the game so rush, not a lot of side quest and the rewards are basically exp and gold. However, the hack - slash gameplay is hella fun and addicting, graphic and effects are great as well as the sound effect. It's more customization than people might think since the level points are removed. At first, I was like " damn, no more customization" but after finishing Normal in diablo 3, I think there are a lot of customization. For what I noticed, the customization's now based on items. Items now will upgrade any skill you want to upgrade, and increase any stats u want to increase.
    The online gaming could be inconvenient, but makes the game more addicting and fair since you can compete with other and nobody can use hack or cheat .
  11. May 17, 2012
    I caught the game to a monitor for hours. I am very happy that I could play Diablo 3 Blizzard is the best company in the market for the issuing of the game. Great fun, great fun and predominantly playability.
  12. May 17, 2012
    So it might be that I didn't play diablo 2 or that I didnt play opening night so I had no server difficulties but so far I love this game and don't have any problems with it
  13. May 18, 2012
    How many stupid reviews out there! The DRM is not a problem we live in 2012 not 1992 or even 2002. And on release, of course the servers will be overcrowded. On day 2 I had no problems at all. Get over it whiners! After 10 years of waiting I'm so happy, the graphics (as with D2 same complaints then) it's not over the top or ground breaking, but it is still very nice and the atmosphere isHow many stupid reviews out there! The DRM is not a problem we live in 2012 not 1992 or even 2002. And on release, of course the servers will be overcrowded. On day 2 I had no problems at all. Get over it whiners! After 10 years of waiting I'm so happy, the graphics (as with D2 same complaints then) it's not over the top or ground breaking, but it is still very nice and the atmosphere is so addictive with elements referring to D1 and D2. I actually like that my actions decides how my attributes are distributed and then I can shift between my skills which is a great feature. It is well balanced and easy to control and master. The great thing about graphics is that we all see the same area so nobody gets an advantage. Only complaint is that I see lag from time to time even in single player which is frustrating. Expand
  14. May 18, 2012
    Wow, you people have issues. Because you couldn't log in for 10 minutes you go on a spree of 0 out of 10 reviews. Oh well, the real figure games are judged by is sales figures, and this one has sold very, very well.
  15. May 18, 2012
    I love this game. Graphics are fine as hell I don't know what people are complaining about, gameplay excellent and story well scripted. Overall GOOD GAME! Although the internet problem is not a problem for me cause I'm constantly on the internet.
  16. May 19, 2012
    This is a good game. You can cry about skills system but in the end it comes out to be really really good. You can cry about graphics but still they have w charm and they don't spoil games climat. Also you can cry about online DRM , but believe me it's not that bad - less hacks. This game ain't perfect but still it's extremely good , it sucked me in like nothing before.
  17. May 19, 2012
    1. Don't compare each game to its predecessor. I hate how the same thing happens with all Heroes of might and magic games. Diablo III has the same setting and continues the same story, BUT it's a new game.
    2. Stop whining about the graphics. (more people can play due to lower system specs., you have better online experience because of the same reason, it looks great to me and I don't compare it to FPS games)
    3. I have no worries playing online, what's the difference? You've got internet problems? Blame your ISP, not Blizzard. I live in Lithuania, we have perfect broadband internet here, no worries.
    4. Overal, give the game a chance. Rating it as low as the pathetic MW3? That's a disgrace. I hope true PC gamers will speak their mind, as Diablo III follows tradition and appeals to the old school gamers.
  18. May 19, 2012
    Never truly having played the old Diablo games thoroughly like some of my friends, I thought I'd give D3 the chance it deserves. Especially because I got it for free with my Annual Pass from Blizzard.

So far I've completed the game on Normal with two friends in co-op mode and we've been having a blast! People who say the game is too easy should consider that normal is only the start and the game does get harder as you progress.

Also I'm looking forward to the real cash AH, not that I'm thinking it'll make me rich beyond my wildest dreams, but because I do find it intriguing.

As far as gameplay goes, the game is fantastic. The amount of customization to the skillsets of the classes is very well thought out and makes tinkering with it for co-op or single play very interesting.

The graphics are very okay and despite all the whining about "horrible" graphics I think Blizzard has really set a great atmosphere with the painting-like textures and effects. I for one love it. Then again, I don't care for hyper realistic graphics anyway.

Overall the game gets a 9/10 from me, because despite it being very enjoyable and addictive, I still think there's a few minor issues that could've been resolved better. Like the launch and the servers being down all the time.
  19. May 19, 2012
    Initially, I was frustrated as many ppl were regarding connectivity issues. After reconfiguring my router, however, I was able to play for the most part flawlessly. In terms of what I find enjoyable about the game is that is is extremely fun to play. Also, I can tell a lot of time and effort was taken to make the game as great as possible. Is it a flawless game, definitely not. Does itInitially, I was frustrated as many ppl were regarding connectivity issues. After reconfiguring my router, however, I was able to play for the most part flawlessly. In terms of what I find enjoyable about the game is that is is extremely fun to play. Also, I can tell a lot of time and effort was taken to make the game as great as possible. Is it a flawless game, definitely not. Does it manage to achieve 90% of it's goal..I'd say hesitantly yes. Perhaps, more like 85% but I give it a Blizzard bump bc Blizzard is usually a quality-game developer. Hence, I think this game deserves a 90%. Expand
  20. May 20, 2012
    Yesterday i bought the game, installed it and played it without any problems.
    Don't have any problems with being online as my pc is always online.
    I like the game. Not the best, but just a good game.
    I'd give it an 7.5, but gets a 10 because of all the pathetic 0 it gets from people who couldn't play it the first day.
    Just pathetic, as if may 15 was the only day you could play a game.
  21. May 20, 2012
    0 out of 10 by so any due to minor technical Blizzard have more or less sorted out. More like 9 out of 10. Best game this year so far for me. Graphically nothing spectacular but the amount of action on the screen at any one time is very smooth and very nicely done. Anyone moaning about Blizzard's DRM have a valid point but that should not detract from what is a very good game. But one0 out of 10 by so any due to minor technical Blizzard have more or less sorted out. More like 9 out of 10. Best game this year so far for me. Graphically nothing spectacular but the amount of action on the screen at any one time is very smooth and very nicely done. Anyone moaning about Blizzard's DRM have a valid point but that should not detract from what is a very good game. But one great thing about Blizzard is that it has a very good structure for not allowing any pirated games on its servers and that's a good thing. If you want a fantastic RPG with gorgeous graphics with awesome story telling stay with Skyrim but if you want 100 miles per hour non stop action this is the game for you. For anyone who put a review on this before Tuesday afternoon should realise that a company like Blizzard have the right to protect its games from pirates like Pirate Bay etc and they give no free ride so they can make the best MMO, ARPG and Strategy games around. Otherwise you will be stuck with games like FIFA, COD etc who bring out games every years with nothing more than a glorified update. If DRM is the reason you gave this game 0 then go on again and play Diablo 3. Expand
  22. May 20, 2012
    The game starts getting awesome in nightmare, and in hell it's just amazing. Normal is pretty much faceroll. I wonder how many of the people who gave reviews here actually finished hell. I also wonder why people gave the game such horrible reviews, and I think I know why. Because they expected D3 to be a revolutionary game, like D1 and D2 were. It's not, but it's still a good game.

There

There are some problems with it, but most of them aren't actually related to the gameplay. Logging in during the first 24 hours of release took at least 10 minutes (first login took me 1 hour) and the AH didn't work a few times. I'm not really bothered by the game being online only, because I want to use the AH (no, not the RMAH). And why are people bothered by pay to win? If you don't want to do it - don't do it. Why are you so bothered by this ? It ensures the game will stay constantly updated.

The sounds and voice acting are awesome, and the discussions between the character and follower / other characters in the game are sometimes very funny.

About the graphics - I find them quite good for this type of game. They definitely could have been better, but I have no complaints here.
    About the graphic style - I've noticed people saying it's doesn't have the style of previous Diablo games. Well, I beg to differ. The gore-ish style of previous diablo's is actually enhanced, but not necessarily by the graphics style alone, but by the atmosphere in general.

If someone looks at the end area of act 3, with the pool of blood, and 2 chained demons screaming, accompanied by the comments of the spider demon, and tell me with a straight face that it's not gore-ish enough, I wouldn't know what to reply. And there are more similarly gore-ish zones.

The skills are quite nice, there is no skill tree, but people don't understand that the challenge in D3 is picking 6 skills + one of their runes (and each rune has a use in certain situations) out of ~30 skills, each with 5 runes. Playing with a barbarian I really wanted to have both the damage and life buff, but I couldn't afford to sacrifice any other skill, so I went with the life buff.
  23. May 20, 2012
    Great customizability, great looks, great gameplay. Also the multiplayer aspect is easy and its loads of fun to play together with little more than a press of a button. I have enjoyed this game immensely. I also really like the cutscenes, I don't get why loads of peeps seem to be hating on them.
  24. May 20, 2012
    I'm writing this review after playing through nightmare and normal difficulty. Each landscape has an beautiful and unique design, wide range of creatures, great lore, exciting events and quests. It's not a photo-realistic textured/shaded game but the designs are very clear, beautifully painted and stylized such as any blizzard game. The story is enjoyable and is supported by cutscenes andI'm writing this review after playing through nightmare and normal difficulty. Each landscape has an beautiful and unique design, wide range of creatures, great lore, exciting events and quests. It's not a photo-realistic textured/shaded game but the designs are very clear, beautifully painted and stylized such as any blizzard game. The story is enjoyable and is supported by cutscenes and amazing cinematics, events and all sorts of stuff. The audio is good and voiceovers are very extremely well narrated.

Combat is silky smooth (just like any Blizzard game), clear and has a nice variety of reaction time and tactics and hack&slash. Skill variation may seemed a bit dull at start but provides a great sense of depth later on. You'll be thinking about what skill/rune/passive to use on a certain bossfight and in combination with party members and followers. This doesn't really count for normal and the start of nightmare mode, since those are easy.

Server issues were horrible in the EU and US during the the games first week, however everything seems to be okay for the moment.

Honest.
  25. May 20, 2012
    I was waiting for this game for years, and then i have it, the game is awesome, the gameplay, the soundtracks, the outside, the Lore, all is perfect, maybe the scenario isn't that good but got some epic moments. Would have expected less help during quests, but maybe one of the best game this year. Some people expect for torchlight, why? Less graphism? Good game still but no scenario, onlyI was waiting for this game for years, and then i have it, the game is awesome, the gameplay, the soundtracks, the outside, the Lore, all is perfect, maybe the scenario isn't that good but got some epic moments. Would have expected less help during quests, but maybe one of the best game this year. Some people expect for torchlight, why? Less graphism? Good game still but no scenario, only 3 classes.. Expand
  26. May 21, 2012
    *No Spoilers.* Diablo 3 is a triumph. From the absolutely stunning art direction to the immersive sounds and music, D3 is professionally built and expertly refined and polished in every area. The gameplay is of course similar to D2 except every clunky or annoying part of D2 has been ironed out or redesigned for a more fluid, intuitive experience. This is not to say that D3 is somehow a*No Spoilers.* Diablo 3 is a triumph. From the absolutely stunning art direction to the immersive sounds and music, D3 is professionally built and expertly refined and polished in every area. The gameplay is of course similar to D2 except every clunky or annoying part of D2 has been ironed out or redesigned for a more fluid, intuitive experience. This is not to say that D3 is somehow a shallower or simpler game than its predecessor. 4 difficulty levels, endless skill combinations, and a complex and rewarding crafting system make the game a joy to play at every stage and a challenge to self-avowed hardcore gamers who seek the perfection. Every worry that came up during the beta, whether it was that the game would be too easy or "not dark enough" has been laid to rest. The story line is fantastic and full of twists nobody could have predicted.

If you are interested in trying D3 for free, ask your friends who already own it for a guest pass (they received a few in their game box) or check online for people who are giving away their spare guest pass keys.

And please, don't heed reviews that were written on launch day (May 15, 2012). Not only had none of those reviewers played the full game, but launch was rocky due to the influx of players on the servers. Lag spikes are all but gone at this point.
  27. May 22, 2012
    Great game! Played the first, the second and now this one.. the game has everything you come to expect from a Blizzard game!

I don't like the fact that i need to be connected to the internet to play single player mode but i understand why blizzard did that. Right from the start of the game you get the feeling that there is a long thought process behind every element in the game. I didn't

I didn't finish the game yet, but i'm in act 3 right now and enjoying every second of it. Cant wait to unlock the other difficulty's because the normal difficulty is too easy :)
  28. May 22, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. Love the areas, randomization, talking between your character and followers (scoundrel especially). Events are amazing - I played one area for 5 times and always saw different content. Cinematics are great.. Worth the money
  29. May 23, 2012
    Amazing gameplay , Amazing storyline , Amazing graphics .
    only thing i would change is the side quests that are rare to find and quick wich i wish there was more of them . By adding side quests it'll become more free world game than just a storyline . better be changed in the DLC :
  30. May 23, 2012
    Diablo and Diablo 2 were huge parts of my childhood and were masterpieces of the gaming industry. Diablo 3 is no exception to the franchise. Gameplay is seemless, character building is versatile and items are as exciting to come by as cash on the street. I think people's criticisms about the always-on DRM are misguided. I think majority of gamers don't have a problem being online to play aDiablo and Diablo 2 were huge parts of my childhood and were masterpieces of the gaming industry. Diablo 3 is no exception to the franchise. Gameplay is seemless, character building is versatile and items are as exciting to come by as cash on the street. I think people's criticisms about the always-on DRM are misguided. I think majority of gamers don't have a problem being online to play a game. Persistent characters and low chance of players cheating gives massive integrity to the game.

Overall D3 is probably the best thing that has happened to PC in the last 5 or 6 years.
  31. May 27, 2012
    before you reading an user review, see when it was posted. the most bad reviews are made on 15 may, when the game came out and "nobody" could play it because the servers capacity was not enough.

now my oppinion about d3: it makes fun to play, to get better items, to play with other people. the story is good for a hack n slay game. the new classes are interesting. the difficulty hell and beyond forces you to have good equipment and techniques.

but iam not sure about the online single player without an offline mode. not good in my eyes.
  32. Oct 3, 2012
    es un juegazo a toda regla, manadas de pendejos que le dan 0 a lo sumo trolls a la lata en esta pagina desafortunada mente se perdió la credibilidad a lo hora de hacer un analisis pero bueno, yo diría que este juego me ha dado horas de diversión constante es adictivo y una historia fenomenal, lastima que no innova mucho pero aun así cumple con las expectativas..
  33. Nov 2, 2012
    I don't understand all that negative comes from launch, when servers wasn't ready enough to hold all that numbers of players, and the game still doe's not ready to be finished, but Blizzard doing all what they think is right to get it done, when i start to play (almost after release tho) i had the feelings that i still play beta, but with patches games come better.

I don't know is it

I don't know is it better then Diablo 2 or not, these are different games, but i 95% sure that games does not deserve that kinda of negative responses that it gets.

All that i see now, is that game get some additions and changes all over the patches, same as was with previous part of franchise. And you must to know that game have plenty of space to progress: arenas not out yet,more random events can be added to game in any time, normal items can get some use, crafting system can be improved, new cases, act, areas can be added. Only one negative thing about game is AH and RMAH, cus all game work around it, but hey it better that blizzard get some cut of real money (or gold, hehe) paid for items (if some one want to pay, and can, why not?) than some creepy illegal shops get it.

So for now game is 7 of 10 but i put 10 to get some heads up for the good developers.
  34. Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, game needs connection to Internet. Yest, DRM is frustrating. Yes, game is expensive. So what? I can't stop laughing when i read comments like: "i spend 200+ hours and i can tell that game is piece of s*it" For me, it means, that you guys have too much free time, or you just like torturing yourself by doing things you didn't like :) Haters gonna hate.
  35. Jan 15, 2013
    I remember when Diablo 2 had just launched. It was at first sight, like Diablo 3, a great game, but after a while, people found the small chest space, the weak items and un-challenging monsters boring. Then the expansion came and a lot of new content were added. People were really fond of these changes.

I think the same is happening in Diablo 3. It was a broken game when it launched, I agree on that part. But later, with the recent added features; like the 100 extra levels, the increased chance of finding better loot and the overall commitment from Blizzard to smoothen character balance. Diablo 3 has like Diablo 2 a strong foundation to develop and that is happening as we speak.

I admit that some features should have been left out of Diablo 3, like the Real-Money-Auction House, which smells a lot like a money machine to me. When dueling becomes a feature, people doesn't want to duel against crazily geared players who used tons of money from the RMAH, understandable, but I remember the "forum gold" feature in Diablo 2, where the exact same thing happened. People used it as a valuta for gold which had absolutely no value in Diablo 2. The problem began when people bought forum gold for real money to buy better gear, but I guess at that point, Diablo 2 needed something more.

Diablo 3 is a great game. I've experienced tons of randomized events and I still find myself hurling into adventure when exploring a mysterious cave or collecting special objects to open a portal to a rainbow-world, the new secret level in Diablo 3. I think a lot has yet to come for Diablo 3, and hopefully, people will see that.
  36. Mar 5, 2013
    I took a break from the game for 5 or 6 months after release. At that point, several features had been added which made the game very enjoyable to play. I've probably spent 500+ hours playing different classes, and the game seems fairly balanced. I like that Blizzard still takes the time to add features, and hopefully a DLC in the pipeline.
  37. RNN
    May 15, 2012
    Haters gonna hate. It's disgusting how many people are whining about DRM, server stability(on launch night(facepalm)), and the auction house. No users who have "reviewed" this game have actually spent a significant time playing it. And how could they. As I'm writing this the game has been live for less than five hours. I've played through the first act and have had a hell of a time. IHaters gonna hate. It's disgusting how many people are whining about DRM, server stability(on launch night(facepalm)), and the auction house. No users who have "reviewed" this game have actually spent a significant time playing it. And how could they. As I'm writing this the game has been live for less than five hours. I've played through the first act and have had a hell of a time. I can't wait to get back online but one must sleep and eat. It took about an hour after midnight for me to log in but it was well worth the wait and I completely understand that literally thousands of other people were trying to log in for the first time just like myself. The server stability is now fixed and players can log in and out without having error messages. As far as the auction houses are concerned if you dont like it then dont use it. It's just that simple. I've loved what I've experienced so far and once the campaign is done I cant wait to tackle inferno mode with my friends XD. This game is a must buy. Expand
  38. May 15, 2012
    Quit trolling i'm sick of it. Find something better to do. This is a good game and just because im giving this game a 10 does not mean im trying to reverse troll. I love the game. This story is solid, the animation and artwork is amazing. It looks nothing like wow, just because the wow team made it shouldnt be ammunition for bashing it. get over it. The game rocks
  39. May 18, 2012
    Regardless of sever errors, simple in-game lag and DRM protection, Diablo 3 delivers a truly remarkable experience, and a world incredibly generous with it's adventures and goodies. The world of Diablo 3 is simply indulging, unique and highly artistic in every perspective, it brings back a world of terror in a new and beautiful way, it's simple interface and variety of choice makes it evenRegardless of sever errors, simple in-game lag and DRM protection, Diablo 3 delivers a truly remarkable experience, and a world incredibly generous with it's adventures and goodies. The world of Diablo 3 is simply indulging, unique and highly artistic in every perspective, it brings back a world of terror in a new and beautiful way, it's simple interface and variety of choice makes it even more addicting, it will definitely leave you wanting more, it is a true Blizzard masterpiece. Expand
  40. May 15, 2012
    I am happy with the changes Blizzard made to Diablo 3, many of the useless and and rough system were made so new players can grasp the length of it, and hardcore players can also have what Diablo always was : Gear grinding.

The story is well done, and well told, and even though Diablo presence is recycled, this trilogy was always about those central undying demons. The new changes to the

The new changes to the skills and attribute was a good change as every class was exactly the same in Diablo 2. However hardcore as you were, most of the stats were put around the same place for every player for a said class. Having a difference of 10 stats points in a stat compared to the other didn't matter, so removing it was a good thing.
    The new skill system permits to finally be able to experiment without having to restart the game to zero! Good job Blizzard. And Haters gonna hate.
  41. May 15, 2012
    This is an awesome game, so many new changes and customization is there, don't know why people complain so much when most of you can't even design a single character in this game.
  42. May 15, 2012
    The Game is Awesome, all the Negative reviews are from people who can't understand that it's a Major title launch, and there will be Problems. There always will be with major releases.

The game has no Offline Mode, you do have to have constant Internet Connection to play, But with the Addition of the Real money Auction house you have to understand that Blizzard Does not want to offer any Hackers the Opportunity to exploit the game system to their advantage (IE. Duping Items to sell for Real Money)

The Game play itself is Awesome, You can Beat the game Solo. or go at it with Friends, which i prefer because it offers everyone a good time to have Fun together.

If you're a True Diablo Fan, you will love the game. there is no Doubt about it, just load it up, sit back and Enjoy as you save the World once again with the Fantastic story-line that Blizzard has brought upon you. and Reap the Rewards as now you have the option to Sell your Loot for Real Money (Or In-game gold) to Other people who need a little help along their way (And Believe me, there will always be people that will buy items for Real Money, they did in Diablo II. They will in Diablo III)

And Last but Not least, if you're going to put a Negative Review on a game based SOLELY on the Troubles Cause at Launch. you need to get your head Checked, if you cannot understand the Fact that no matter How much Blizzard tried to Prepare for the Swarms of people trying to Login at the Exact same time in a Region then i don't know what to tell you. It's not like they can't Superceed the Hardware requirements to provide enough Supply for the Demand on Initial launch, because that would not be Cost worthy. Considering that Load of users will Die down to a more Bareable limit as a Day or Two pass.

Another thing that gets me is **** about the Graphics, the game has been announced for How long now? and I'm sure most of Everybody has seen gameplay videos, they knew what it was going to look like. And if any one has played Diablo II, and the Expansion you would Know how the Feel of the game is/was like. The Current 3D Engine used in Diablo 3 COMPLIMENTS this very well.

I Gave a Full 10 Review because i truely loved the Diablo Series, and i Feel that Diablo 3 is a True testament on how Well Blizzard will keep to the Story on their Franchises and Still pump out Enjoyable games for their Fanbase
  43. May 15, 2012
    After a rocky launch (which is to be expected with any major release) the logins began to work and I played for quite a long time. The game play is flawless, the builds are addicting, abilities a ton of fun to use. I prefer softer, artsy graphics to hyper-realism (CoD) because its more fun for me and looks better as it ages. I've been having a rediculous amount of fun so far and once theAfter a rocky launch (which is to be expected with any major release) the logins began to work and I played for quite a long time. The game play is flawless, the builds are addicting, abilities a ton of fun to use. I prefer softer, artsy graphics to hyper-realism (CoD) because its more fun for me and looks better as it ages. I've been having a rediculous amount of fun so far and once the servers fully stabilize, there wont be a negative aspect of this game. Expand
  44. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 was one of the largest leaps of faith I've taken yet. The secret to enjoying this game is simple. The pro's Greatly out way the cons. Can't play it cause you don't have the internet? Then you also couldn't leave a bad review here. Honestly, get with the times. It's a minor detail these days. Besides, I'd rather have it all server side with better security than than offlineDiablo 3 was one of the largest leaps of faith I've taken yet. The secret to enjoying this game is simple. The pro's Greatly out way the cons. Can't play it cause you don't have the internet? Then you also couldn't leave a bad review here. Honestly, get with the times. It's a minor detail these days. Besides, I'd rather have it all server side with better security than than offline available with hacks everywhere. Also, This game won't be pirated. Don't believe me? Try and find a pirated copy of World of Warcraft. (if it does eventually come out, it won't be playable as it's all server based).

Can't spend attribute points? Awesome! There was only one correct way to build your character anyway!

Can't customize your characters? You can now chose male or female for all classes, whoch you could not do in Diablo 2.

Doesn't have the old characters? Yes, well, Diablo 2 didn't have the 'new' ones. I'll take a Monk over an Assassin any day. Plus, this is 20 years later. Some of them will have died.

Only 5 characters? Guess what, there was only 5 when Diablo 2 came out. Wait for the expansion if that's a problem for you.

Lack of story? Hardly. Diablo 3 starts 20 years after Diablo 2 at the beginning of the End of Days. Even going so far as to use story elements used in the 'first' Diablo, which was not even mentioned in Diablo 2. The simple truth is, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. No more than Diablo 2 was Diablo 1. Get with the times.
  45. May 15, 2012
    IGNORE ALL THE HATERS AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT SERVERS!! I played for a solid 8+ hours today with no problems. If you didn't take off to play a game that is arguably the most anticipated game of the decade, I don't feel bad for you. Get over it. No matter what, there were going to be issues with this launch. It's just too popular. All of you complaining about not being able to use skillIGNORE ALL THE HATERS AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT SERVERS!! I played for a solid 8+ hours today with no problems. If you didn't take off to play a game that is arguably the most anticipated game of the decade, I don't feel bad for you. Get over it. No matter what, there were going to be issues with this launch. It's just too popular. All of you complaining about not being able to use skill points... you're an idiot. You know you would have just looked up a cookie cutter build online anyway. Why do you think the skill points were done away with? This is a great game. No one in their right mind can give it less than a 7 or 8. Anyone giving this game a 0-4 based on day one server issues should go to college to learn networking so they can understand how unpredictable networks, ISPs and servers can be. Internet technology isn't perfect. The sooner you all realize this, the sooner you can stop being so angry and giving sch ludicrously low scored to a fantastic game. Expand
  46. May 16, 2012
    This game is great, people need to stop giving bad reviews because of the servers being down or slow. A lot of big games have this problem at launch. Played 4+ house so far and no bugs. Haven't played the 1st or 2nd but still love the game and story line. It runs great on my computer avg 100+ FPS on Max settings at 1920x1080. Buy this game you wont be disappointed.
  47. May 16, 2012
    For me the most important factor is gameplay, and I'm happy to report that it's great!!! Also the fun factor is multiplied by infinity as soon as you invite other ppl to play with you. I'll be kicking demon ass with my mates for a very long time =)
  48. May 16, 2012
    This game is really beautiful. The story, gameplay everything is perfect. Despite some problems connecting to the launch of a huge game that should this compacted over time.
  49. May 20, 2012
    I'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtimeI'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtime on release day). Further, I'm having a ball! I love this game. It's total fun, and my friends (who are old-time Diablo game players) are loving it, too. I really think the complainers are in a very small minority. Kudos to Blizzard for another incredibly good game! Expand
  50. May 24, 2012
    You people are on freakin crack. You let a game get you all hyped up more than even the best game out there should. This is a great game. Great story. I get the feel for diablo 3. I like the new system. I like the new features. Don't expect some orgasmic trip, but if you want a great video game, Diablo 3 is for you.
  51. May 15, 2012
    I don't see what is wrong with this game at all. It is by far my favorite game at the moment. The UI has improved so much since D2 its insane. The spells are all balanced, the game play is fantastic, the lore is amazing. All in all, this game is perfect.
  52. May 15, 2012
    I love this game! The art direction the feel and the flavor of the characters is spot on. The story so far has been masterfully told and I find the game is very immersive and hard to put down once you have started. I have not yet used the auction house. I probably will dabble it it a little in the coming days.

I did have log-in issues on launch night and was unable to play for 1 and a

I did have log-in issues on launch night and was unable to play for 1 and a half hours and while that does reflect poorly on Blizzard it is not related to how I score the game. Knowing Blizzard, by the time you read this, server issues will be sorted and we'll enjoy years of trouble free entertainment.
  53. May 15, 2012
    One of my most highly anticipated games! If you are truly a fan, you will appreciate all the work Blizzard has put into the creation of Diablo 3. Let them sort out the issues with servers ( as with all game launches) and you will undoubtedly enjoy the exciting and fast paced hack-and-slash gameplay. I especially love the randomized events, and that alone will keep me coming back to playOne of my most highly anticipated games! If you are truly a fan, you will appreciate all the work Blizzard has put into the creation of Diablo 3. Let them sort out the issues with servers ( as with all game launches) and you will undoubtedly enjoy the exciting and fast paced hack-and-slash gameplay. I especially love the randomized events, and that alone will keep me coming back to play for years to come! Expand
  54. May 15, 2012
    This game is an amazing accomplishment.. I have already been playing through the normal difficulty.. and I cannot wait to try the other difficulties.. It will take you at least 10 hours to complete the four acts.

The amount of trolling (or ignorance) from people reviewing this game is crazy. allocating attributes? In Diablo 2, there was one correct way to allocate your stats... the skill system that they have implimentet in diablo 3 is blizzard trying to create other challenges in RPG's than discoverin the best, and only way, you can put your points. As an action RPG this skill system creates a great deal of challenge and possibilities.

10/10 ... Game is great by any standard, and true to the diablo formula..
  55. May 16, 2012
    There is a lot of wrong going on in the gaming industry. Kids are getting spoiled and they're either complaining about games being to hard or too easy. But this game is not the one to blame!
    First of all, complaining about the requirement to be online to play? All I can say to this is that if you still don't have an internet connection in 2012, you would've probably pirated the game anyway.
    This game has never been designed with a focus on single-player. Anyone who prefers to play Diablo 3 solo has probably either never played Diablo2 on battle.net (so they're missing the point) or used one of those "external utilities" to "augment" your characters. If that's what you're missing and are angry about, then get back to Skyrim and mod your way to eternity.
    Next, complaining about real-money auction house? They basically cut off all the websites and services that were selling items for D2 for all those years illegally. Being this pay-to-play? This might be a slight issue in pvp, other than that - if you feel bad about playing with someone with purchased items, then don't play with them. And look at it this way - if you ever have a luck with dropping some rare legendary that you don't need, you can put it on auction yourself and make some money in the process and then use that money to buy something you might actually use. Besides that, I'm pretty sure that with this option, the auction house will be packed with legendaries within a year and the most expensive item will probably cost around $5.
    Next, dumbing down the game mechanics? You probably haven't played past skeleton king yet, have you? By the time you reach the end of normal difficulty, you're gonna have so many skill+rune combinations that you'll actually feel overwhelmed and also happy that you don't need to figure out the pointless distribution of primary stats. Everyone with at least a slight interest in making their characters the most viable build in D2 ended up distributing the stats the exact same way as the other guy next to you. Also, in D2 you only used 2 spells/abilities actively. Yes, you could keybind the others to use them if the occasion asked for it, but you had no real reason to use more than those two on a regular basis. Now, in D3, you have 6 slots for active spells/abilities, and believe me, you will have a pretty hard time trying to play this game by using only two of those. And figuring out the combination of spells+runes to play with is the fun and beauty of it. Yes, there might be some combinations that are a bit stronger or weaker than the other, but none of those are "wrong".
    I don't care about graphics in most of the games and I especially don't care about it in this game. This is not the type of game where you have the time to climb the mountain and then look down to the valley in awe how realistic it looks. If this is what you're looking for, you should probably go out with your friends more often. You'd be surprised how awesome mountaintop views look like in real life!
    Besides that, the art direction is actually very suitable for this game. This is an actionpacked game where hell's minions are destroying everything around them, regurgitating their descendants. There's nothing beautiful about it. Finally, this game was never intended to be story-based so, of course, the story is weaker. But it's still much better than it was in D2. Cinematics are awesome, the short class-based narratives after every important event and scripted/random events are also a very nice touch.
    Don't be so spoiled, give this game a chance - play it with friends (if possible) and you'll have a blast.
    The only reason I'm giving this 9/10 is because some of my friends are having connectivity issues and some of them are not getting any achievements (so I can't play with them, because they don't want to - until it's fixed).
    Every game has its issues after the release, especially games like this where people had high expectations even before it was announced. Blizzard is not asking for any monthly fee, just some patience. You all wanted to have this released ASAP and got angry with possible delays, so try to cope with the fact that it has some bugs.
    I have very positive reactions to this and I'm sure most you will eventually have that as well.
  56. May 17, 2012
    I played this game for 10 minutes and it's the most amazing game I've ever played!!! I know, that sounds ridiculous... but it's no more ridiculous than those giving the game a zero simply because they can't play offline. I have to balance out the stupidity. I'll put up a real review when I actually play the game... unlike all these knee jerk reviews.
  57. May 17, 2012
    Was not really excited with this game after playing the beta but boy was i wrong. This is the most fun and addictive rpg i have played in a while. I was hoping for maybe a slightly longer game, but the difficulties and future expansions will keep me playing this game for a long time .

I will probably get hated for writing this, but i am GLAD for the DRM. The worst part about diablo 2 for me was all the hackers/modders making bots while they are at work. The DRM should help prevent alot of haacking and bots which will save the auction house :) LOVE THIS GAME
  58. May 17, 2012
    A great production of the stable Blizzard. Long time not so well played, much less any production is not captured mnei to monitor how Diabo third I recommend not depending on age. And this low rocker assessment. The game is playable and climate, and most ot which a player could want.
  59. May 18, 2012
    This is the best action RPG bar none,played it from launch here in the UK and had no problems whatsoever.A great lot of people slating the game,so i thought i would stick up for it as its such a great game,and no im not a fanboy.I have no problem with online play as i used to play WOW.If you dont like the idea of always connected dont buy the game.Blizzard said from the off this is how itThis is the best action RPG bar none,played it from launch here in the UK and had no problems whatsoever.A great lot of people slating the game,so i thought i would stick up for it as its such a great game,and no im not a fanboy.I have no problem with online play as i used to play WOW.If you dont like the idea of always connected dont buy the game.Blizzard said from the off this is how it would be.Graphics are spot on smooth as silk with great effects and multitudes of monsters on screen at once.Gamplay wise if you like loot games this is the daddy .Trying to find that next rare piece which will make your character that little bit better is so addictive.I cannot compare it to D1 D2 as i never played them but for me it does everything right.Ive played all sorts of dungeon crawlers from titan quest to path of exile and Diablo 3 takes the biscuit. Expand
  60. May 18, 2012
    This game is a lot of fun. I am not normally into games like these, or really most co-op games like this (borderlands is my other example), but so far, I am really enjoying myself. The graphics are up to par with WoW and the story is thoughtful and interesting. It is very straight forward, with no character customization outside of gender and class, and the class abilities are more basedThis game is a lot of fun. I am not normally into games like these, or really most co-op games like this (borderlands is my other example), but so far, I am really enjoying myself. The graphics are up to par with WoW and the story is thoughtful and interesting. It is very straight forward, with no character customization outside of gender and class, and the class abilities are more based on play style rather than WoW's ability to give you dozens of abilities for a wide array of play options. That being said, someone looking for a hardcore game like the older Diablo or vanilla WoW should more so veer away from this title, however, those more casual and looking for a fun game to play with friends or even just a challenging world to explore at your leisure, will find endless hours of life-sucking fun. I give this game a 9 out of 10, being that it has proven to me that a co-op loot-grabbing game can be just as fun as anything else when put together in a way that cuts down the elitists and allows casual players to enjoy without feeling like lesser gamers. My only gripe is probably the graphics being sub-par to most games in this era, outside of Blizzard's famous CGI cut scenes, which would make anyone interested in a movie of anything Blizzard makes full of hope. Very enjoyable, with minor cosmetic short-comings. (And for those of you pulling a CoD on reviews for this game, try to review it as Diablo 3 and not say things like, "This game isn't Diablo 2 and I hate it!". The story is a sequel to the D2, and that is what sequel means, not that it is an exact copy.) Expand
  61. May 18, 2012
    Diablo 3 is an awesome game. The fact is, the people giving the game bad reviews have a point. The first couple of days were horrible because you couldn't connect, therefore people feel that the game deserves a zero. Fair enough, but now that the rough patch is over, these user scores should really start to reflect the game itself.

I start at 10 points. Minus 1 for online only DRM - I

I start at 10 points.
    Minus 1 for online only DRM - I live in Australia and my latency occasionally causes problems.
    Otherwise that game is great. Story. Items. Acting. Gameplay. The gold auction house in awsome! And there is incredible attention to detail (from the UIs to readability of the screen while in battle).

As to the game's graphics, I personally really like them. I was horrified when I first saw the early screenshots.
    But having played the game I can't imagine them any other way. I've played the PoE beta and while the graphics are technically impressive and more realistic, it made most environments look messy. When you add the detailed textures to the isometric view and the monochromatic color scheme, it was annoyingly hard to enjoy the monster design or the environment (not to mention seeing what was going on in the heat of battle). On the other hand, the graphics are not as cartoon-y as so many people say. It does use a lower polygon count and lower res textures, but it is all in the name of readability. So you can actually see what is happening on screen. Torchlight 2 is cartoon-y. Distorted proportions, saturated colors, outlines etc. This is what makes something cartoon-y, and D3 has none of it.

Anyway, that's just my 5cents. I respect that many Gamers feel strongly about online only DRM, and I do too.
    But save it for petitions and voting with your wallet, don't tank the user review scores of a great game over a matter of principle. And to those who gave it a score of zero over the launch day difficulties, unless you plan to update your review after playing the game, then it was a bit of a dick move.
  62. May 18, 2012
    Ill sum up all the bad reviews for you. People are complaining about: needing a network connection all the time, release day bugs, graphics, and even sound. These reviews are completely garbage because a game does not deserve a 0 because you cant jam to the sound track, or have blue ray quality graphics. Nearly none reference the actual game play experience which is a great hack n slashIll sum up all the bad reviews for you. People are complaining about: needing a network connection all the time, release day bugs, graphics, and even sound. These reviews are completely garbage because a game does not deserve a 0 because you cant jam to the sound track, or have blue ray quality graphics. Nearly none reference the actual game play experience which is a great hack n slash game with tons of loot. The added hardcore, permanent death mode gives the game a little edge when any mistake could cost your hours of play time. This is a solid game if you are expecting to play a more revised version of the old Diablo, not an entirely different game. Expand
  63. May 18, 2012
    To all the DRM-haters: Diablo III is a co-op multiplayer game with a high emphasis on loot and trading. Making the game accessible off-line would mean the game would once again be riddled with botters, hackers and the like. Diablo III is a fantastic game, with way more replayability than 95% of all other $60 games out there. The graphics may not be state of the art, but they are timelessTo all the DRM-haters: Diablo III is a co-op multiplayer game with a high emphasis on loot and trading. Making the game accessible off-line would mean the game would once again be riddled with botters, hackers and the like. Diablo III is a fantastic game, with way more replayability than 95% of all other $60 games out there. The graphics may not be state of the art, but they are timeless and will age much better than some hyperrealistic shooter that will look aged three years from now. I had great fun today with Diablo III and I expect to have much more fun in the coming months and years. Expand
  64. May 19, 2012
    I really like this game. It probably doesn't deserve a 10, but this review is mostly to counter the hordes of people who gave bad reviews on the launch day, where the game was a little buggy because of high traffic.
  65. May 19, 2012
    Diablo 3? They should call it Diablo 2.5. I say this because the entire adventure is a massive improvement of the previous game. And I really don't like the fact that I can't modify my character. But it's fun to play and I really like to kill monsters online with my friends. I had the server error only one time in 4 days, my machine runs it perfectly(and I don't have an high-end pc, I'veDiablo 3? They should call it Diablo 2.5. I say this because the entire adventure is a massive improvement of the previous game. And I really don't like the fact that I can't modify my character. But it's fun to play and I really like to kill monsters online with my friends. I had the server error only one time in 4 days, my machine runs it perfectly(and I don't have an high-end pc, I've bought it two years ago) and I've not even experienced a little bit of lag. Thumbs up for Blizzard. Again. Expand
  66. May 19, 2012
    This game is well made. There are disturbing trends at work, Explosive negative reactions to things that, in 1999 when i was at my gaming prime would have been forgiven. I dont understand it.;
  67. May 20, 2012
    This is simply the best arpg ever, nothing more nothing less...

I do not get all the haters out there.. if you dont like it you probably didnt buy it so dont rate.. because you did not play it!?

The game is more fun the more you play, unlike in other arpgs you never want to create a new character until your current one gets perfect. It really gets addictive.
  68. May 20, 2012
    Good story, nice multiplayer platform, definitely not easy after you finished normal. Cinematics were awesome, classes are distinct. 10/10
    It has been a long wait, and hell good thing this is worth it.
  69. May 20, 2012
    Best ARPG in last 10 years, it deserves 9/10, but i'm giving it 10/10, because of all this cry babies that are trashing score, only because of server overload in the first 2 days...
  70. May 20, 2012
    There comes a time when positive and negative must way up against each other..diablo is a point and click adventure that is good for what it was made to do but not great as it should have been. As consumers we were hyped up at the idea of a perfect romp of gaming bliss only to be dismayed.But some that had the opportunity to play it were not dissappointed. Its the majority that could notThere comes a time when positive and negative must way up against each other..diablo is a point and click adventure that is good for what it was made to do but not great as it should have been. As consumers we were hyped up at the idea of a perfect romp of gaming bliss only to be dismayed.But some that had the opportunity to play it were not dissappointed. Its the majority that could not not play due to poor servers that have had the biggest gripe,not to mention the majority that forget that a product that does not work is not a product but rather a grand idea. I bought the game and waited for the errors to reside, and i was not dissappointed at all. Diablo 3 is enjoyable, I have spent over 30 hours playing the game and was surprised to see how such a simple idea of click left,click right 1234 could be so addictive once again. Diablo 2 was a great game,many days of dungeon crawling,however this time round its just better,all-round! graphics,sound,story is okay,but it is still diablo..We all knew servers would be a problem,but if you are patient and give the game a chance you will enjoy the adventure over and over again..well done blizzard, just hope i can log in now have to level up! Expand
  71. May 20, 2012
    I have played the game but get booted too many times after about 15-20 minutes,telling: error 3007.
    I don't know why but because you can't save yourself you have to start all over agian from the stage the game has saved.
    Its really annoying.
    After no problems with diablo 2 i regret i bought this game.
  72. May 20, 2012
    This is my first Diablo game ever, and I really, really like it. Its not the most beautifull game, though it looks pretty artistic, the gameplay is FANTASTIC i truly love it. A litlte shame i cant play right now bcause the servers are down.
  73. May 20, 2012
    The DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and fourThe DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and four difficulty levels and billions of items make for a fantastic game. Diablo 2's failure was that most items were bad, most skills and builds were bad, and online everything was hacked. Diablo 3 has none of those problems. Incredibly disgusting monsters, frightening gangs made chilling by fantastic music and environment. This is a game that will draw you in, if you let it. Expand
  74. May 21, 2012
    I doubt this will even be looked at, but I feel like I have to say something in the wake of so much negative reaction from the Metacritic user base. First of all, is the game perfect? No. There is no getting away from the always on connection and lag in a single player game from time to time -- both of which are a pain. However, these are gripes that can and will be ironed out; offlineI doubt this will even be looked at, but I feel like I have to say something in the wake of so much negative reaction from the Metacritic user base. First of all, is the game perfect? No. There is no getting away from the always on connection and lag in a single player game from time to time -- both of which are a pain. However, these are gripes that can and will be ironed out; offline mode added, number of servers increased, etc.

Once you get into the game, it's still the most enjoyable isometric franchise I can ever remember playing. Combat is satisfying and challenging at higher levels. The classes all have a distinct and differentiated feel about them. The story is good, but the amount rich lore there is to uncover completely enhances it. Graphics could have been better. Environments are stunning but character models definitely have more than a touch of Warcraft about them. I understand that there is a lot going on in certain dungeons, and I've debated with myself if the pros outweigh the cons in this area. I concluded that considering the amount of strain it puts on your system I expect a better end result in this day and age. It's not a gamebreaker by any means, though. In some ways the sound makes up for it. Voice acting, backing tracks, combat effects: all note perfect.

With more content to be added in the future, such as PvP, I do think the potential is there for this game to last years. Some will question if it's better than Diablo 2. The answer is: of course it is. The real question is: is playing the game now in 2012 better than when you first started playing Diablo 2 way back in the late 90's? That's trickier, and only you can answer that one. I can't get past my nostalgia to give a definitive answer, and I suspect ultimately it comes down to how long I genuinely want to keep playing the game for. The best I can say is that I want to want to keep playing it, because right now it's currently my game of the year.
  75. May 21, 2012
    I've loved Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 is a nice suit. The game had been simplified by Blizzard with caract but still interesting. The graphism are good and even with connexions issues I've finished it in normal and now can play in hell. An offline mode would have been good but i can understand that Blizzard doesn't want to cause of hack... maybe in a new patch...
    Sorry for my English...not so good.
  76. May 21, 2012
    I somewhat expected the launch day to be crazy with server issues as Blizzard games tend to be one of the few companies who would have millions of people trying to log in at the same time. Having an IT background I am more forgiving on this as I have been in that situation where despite your preparation it is crazy to have that many people logging in at the stroke of midnight. Also onI somewhat expected the launch day to be crazy with server issues as Blizzard games tend to be one of the few companies who would have millions of people trying to log in at the same time. Having an IT background I am more forgiving on this as I have been in that situation where despite your preparation it is crazy to have that many people logging in at the stroke of midnight. Also on the topic of DRM I think from a business stand point this is the way to go keep pirating down. Lord knows they lost a lot of profits when Diablo 2 released with cd-key generators and other means of pirating. I know some say do it like Steam were thereâ Expand
  77. May 21, 2012
    This game only receives a 5 from me. It was fun for the first few hours but there is no reason to continue playing. The game just doesn't have that addictive feeling that most good games have.
  78. May 22, 2012
    First of all I have to say LMAO to all the hackers and that one guy who's reviewed the game over and over again with a different user, exact same terrible grammar and exact same complaints.

Ok so being a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, I was overjoyed when I got access to Diablo 3 Beta and loving every second of my first play through of the beta (played through it plenty of times with all classes) I could not wait for the full game (had my collectors edition pre ordered) I got the game and installed and started playing with 0 issues on day 1. Diablo 3 is a fantastic game I like the fact that I don't have to allocate stats because I don't have to guess where to put them or look up builds which btw in Diablo 2 nobody had unique builds, each class only had a couple builds each that worked well. Now I don't need to guess when I'm using a monk hmmmm would it be better to level dex or int, same with the massive skill tree's with almost 0 way to reset points, Diablo 3 has plenty of skills to play around with which you aquire from leveling up, plus 5 rune stones for each skill which modify what the skill does. So let's break this down to actual numbers. Each class has 6 skill catagories 4 of those catagories have 4 skills and 2 have 5 skills that equals 22 skills with 5 modifying rune stones each THEN your character has another 15 passive skills so that's 37 skills per class with 130 ways to modify them so yeah that's a pretty extensive skill system.

Graphics, my only worry about Diablo 3 before playing it was that it was going to look to much like WoW, then I got into the beta and was pleasantly surprised, the graphics are not colorful like WoW there definetly dark like Diablo 2, they aren't state of the art like Battlefield 3 then again Diablo isn't a first person shooter, it's a top down action RPG and for a top down action RPG the graphics are good, the back round environment flows really well with the foreground, the character and monster animations are great.

I see people complaining about the story too, the story is fine, it certainly isn't inferior to Diablo 2's story they are on par with each other.

The sound and music is also fantastic, if I didn't know the team that worked on Diablo 2 wasn't involved with Diablo 3, I would be surprised that they aren't as the same twangy, moody, creepy music is still there and sounds great.

DRM this is where the whiny babies really shined! Ok having to be online to be able to play is annoying when the servers are down, I've been playing since the game came out and I haven't had one issue with the server, maybe its because I don't have time to play the game 24/7 and don't notice every little second of downtime but what I have played on average 2 to 3 hours a day since May 15th I've had 0 issues with the server. I can understand that a lot of people are going to base there bad review solely on DRM because they can't torrent the game for free, I for one found the $59.99 price tag or in my case $99 price tag worth every penny and I'm happy to support Blizzard.

In conclusion I personally love nostalgia i.e game remakes and long time span sequels and Diablo 3 DOES NOT disappoint in any aspect, I love playing the game and getting to area's that I've explored before and see there graphical improvements or coming across stuff like the moon clan and seeing how awesome they look in D3! I find it sad after reading a ton of these reviews where people are giving the game 0 because they have issues connecting to the server 15 minutes after the game launches, its pathetic really. So people please don't buy into the trolls, seek out the intellegently written reviews good or bad then base your decision on that. Worth the 11 year wait? YES DEFINETLY I can only hope that it doesn't take long for expansions and new content!!

10/10.
  79. May 22, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the best game I have played so far for 2012. I have played over 60 hours now and all I want to do is play more. I would change a few things but very few. I give it a 9 but because all the haters are out in force I will bump it to a 10.
  80. May 23, 2012
    the game is an improvementto diablo 2 in every way more difficultieseven more loot the adition of the acction house it gets u hooked and never lets go its a game that u can play for an entire weekendwithout getting,bored
  81. May 23, 2012
    I can't believe so many spoiled children lose their time registering here and give what has to be the largest collection of ridiculous and one-sided reviews on internet.
    First of all this game is not a RPG game, at least not in the classical definition of it so stop calling it like that; You can call it hack-n-slash or eventually action-RPG. I play it since the release and this game is by far the most addictive and beautifully crafted of its kind. The atmosphere and gameplay are close to perfection.
    Come on this is a Blizzard game ! Did you spend the last ten years in a hole ? You guys expect a BF3 quality game when Blizzard has shown to always chose cartoon-like graphics which do not require war-machines to run, in order to make their games accessible to the largest audience possible. And that's a good choice. The game runs like in a dream, not like most of the games being released recently which all need large patches 24 to 48 hours post-release because they are sold weeks too early.
    I see a lot of reviews describing bugs, but after 20+ hours of gameplay I still have to see one in game. Of course there has been this very much expected "37 error" for maybe 24 hours after the release but did you honestly expect anything else ? Blizzard runs what is by far the most popular on-line game in history (WoW). Don't you think they know how to deal with high load on servers, can't you just stop acting like spoiled kids and wait just couple of hours for the excitation to go down ? These reactions are just a shame...
    And for the so-called "simplification" of gameplay and skills, this was to be expected as well. If you play WoW the tendency exists since couple of years ( at lest the two last WoW expansions). Blizzard started with skill trees pretty much inspired from D2 and after some time (the two first expansions let's say) it was clear that this gives only the illusion of freedom. Anybody trying to play at least half correctly knows that each class or specialty has one or two optimum builds that gets posted all over the Internet and that 90+% of players end up choosing. Don't you think Blizzard collects stats about that ? So the fact that they reduce the skill trees to smaller ones but proposing more meaningful choices is here again a good choice. I am pretty sure that all in all D3 will exhibit more diversity in class builds than WOW or D2.
    And finally for the "Internet connection required" issue, I am pretty sure that it is linked to the fact that the real-currency auction house has to be kept protected at all cost and I am pleased the Blizzard's people are aware of it. The mob of short-sighted people posting here are criticizing the real-currency auction house, but can you blame Blizzard for wanting some control over an economy that WILL emerge from the game no matter what happens ? Think of the gold-selling chinese farmers you meet on almost every WoW server and you'll know what I mean.
    So you guys want a elitist hackable 2012 version of D2 with enhanced graphics...
    Thank god this is not what Blizzard gave us, bur instead one of the most enjoyable gaming experience in the last couple of years.
  82. May 27, 2012
    Low user score? Seriously?! halve of the people rating red never played d1 or d2. and except to be single player... if i remember right d2 and d1 where always multiplayer... single player was a lost cause! you gotta have a history with Diablo in order to appreciate it. Diablo was my very first game that started my passion for gaming!. i haven't had eny problems with Diablo 3, graphics rLow user score? Seriously?! halve of the people rating red never played d1 or d2. and except to be single player... if i remember right d2 and d1 where always multiplayer... single player was a lost cause! you gotta have a history with Diablo in order to appreciate it. Diablo was my very first game that started my passion for gaming!. i haven't had eny problems with Diablo 3, graphics r updated and beautiful and has more potential to grow more. people low rating this game because of all the wrong reasons. "Chickity-check yo selfs before you wreck yo selfs" Expand
  83. May 28, 2012
    Games like Diablo are problematic. You have the previous title that broke all the rules, gave hundreds of hours of fun, and included many, many features that the gamers really loved. And then, after many years of wating, comes the new brother. You are excited! Overwhelmed! You expect NOTHING less than perfection! And BAM! You realize that this is "not" diablo, because it doesn't have allGames like Diablo are problematic. You have the previous title that broke all the rules, gave hundreds of hours of fun, and included many, many features that the gamers really loved. And then, after many years of wating, comes the new brother. You are excited! Overwhelmed! You expect NOTHING less than perfection! And BAM! You realize that this is "not" diablo, because it doesn't have all those "perfections" you want. This is, ladies and gentelman, the opinion of 95% of the bad reviews of this game. People will ALLWAYS look at the bad side of things, in almost every new anticipated game. I've played the first and second titles of this game, and still has them and even play them from time to time. Diablo 3 compared to the previous titles is pretty equal to me. Why? Because the CORE soul of what makes diablo game a diablo game is still kicking and living! Yes, it has his downsides like DRM and temporary server issues and some bugs for dessert, but it is still diablo and it is still addictive like hell! I've played over 70 hours and got to inferno difficulty. You start from Normal difficulty, getting used to game mechanics: piece of cake. As you progress throught the difficulties and story, and gets harder and more rewarding, up until inferno which you can get killed from 2 hits. The story, character development, cinematics, and skills are amazing! i would advise to listen to every dialog and commentary that there is in the game. And at the button line: I was mad at the servers. I was mad of the DRM system. But even with all this, i saw what diablo 3 has to offer. and i smiled. And you, If you love H&S games/Rpg games/ or you a fan of diablo series, GO BUY IY. you will NOT be sorry. Expand
  84. Jun 2, 2012
    Great game I had a lot of fun playing with my brother and freinds, Leveling is fun and kept me up at nights got my buddies into it with the game passes and then we all played through the campain (almost done), enjoyed playing swaping cool loot with friends and trying different skills with all of our different classes
  85. Jan 16, 2013
    Best game ever made. Simply the best, always so fun and fresh, with friends the best. Kill everything one shoot, dps the best. Haters es no like game because they no demon hunter 300 K dps. I spent 300 euro for gear the best and now I kill diablo 2 times in one time.

Blizzard es never fail, every game the best, I unlog from demon hunter dps and I log in mage on wow and kill panda dps the best. And if I bored kill the panda I login starcraft, buy ultralisk or Thor and destroy enemy every time very fast. ALWAYS.
  86. Jun 17, 2013
    This game got roasted for having a rocky first week, as well as the impossibly high expectations from gamers who hold past Diablo games on a pedestal. I almost docked a point for being online-only, but I'm not someone who would actually play it offline, so for me it's not an issue. As it stands, the game is currently the best ARPG out there. The server hasn't been an issue since week 1,This game got roasted for having a rocky first week, as well as the impossibly high expectations from gamers who hold past Diablo games on a pedestal. I almost docked a point for being online-only, but I'm not someone who would actually play it offline, so for me it's not an issue. As it stands, the game is currently the best ARPG out there. The server hasn't been an issue since week 1, there is now PVP, the crafting is improved, the drop rates are better, the legendaries and sets are better, the players are genuinely pushed to play together cooperatively through massive bonuses, and players can control their gameplay experience a lot via the monster power settings. Of course the game can get boring after about 200 hours, but what game doesn't? The fact is that this is the best ARPG on the market. I've played the others, and they don't really hold a candle. The design of the skills and the classes is of the highest quality. Compare to Torchlight 2 where the skill balance and class balance is atrocious. Expand
  87. May 15, 2012
    Thank you for the Beta Blizzard. No thanks for the retail copy. Always online to fight piracy? Auction house for real money? Medium quality graphics on a high end PC? I know graphics aint everything but what else is on the table? A deep engrossing story? Complex gameplay with deep mechanics? I hear those are all missing. I think Torchlight 2 is where its at, where it's more about makingThank you for the Beta Blizzard. No thanks for the retail copy. Always online to fight piracy? Auction house for real money? Medium quality graphics on a high end PC? I know graphics aint everything but what else is on the table? A deep engrossing story? Complex gameplay with deep mechanics? I hear those are all missing. I think Torchlight 2 is where its at, where it's more about making fun games instead of making a profit. Expand
  88. May 15, 2012
    If you are expecting D2 to be redone, you won't like it. As many have pointed out, there are a lot of differences. Depending on where you are coming from, you may not like the differences. I personally do, so I give it a 10. I think most of the negative reviews are related to the server crashes. At least where I am it's a beautiful day and the downtime is a good time to go take a break.
  89. May 15, 2012
    Why are there so many uneducated people allowed to post on this site? The same points over and over again are brought up with no research or effort to see why blizzards choose certain game systems. I swear if you have posted about lack of customization you obviously haven
  90. May 15, 2012
    A quick glance at a bunch of these reviews will shows you a lot of ugly scores, but if you actually take the time to read the reviews what do they even say about the game, that there are connection issues? That there is no offline mode? Ok, but what else?

The game has been officially out for less than what, 2 days, and people are already torching it because it isn't perfect? Of course there are connection issues. People have been waiting 10+ years for this game, I doubt any kind of preparation, aside from creating an entirely independent internet service, would have been able to handle the massive influx of new and current users attempting to log on to servers, log on to battle.net etc etc. Mind you that Blizzard is also responsible for maintaining all of the World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 servers, along with any and all other games they and/or Activision handle, during this cluster#*$! of networking issues. How many employees do you think they have that are there only to work on Diablo 3 issues? I imagine that number is much, much less than the number of people trying to play the game. Yes, you paid money to play this game, and yes it isn't working as well as you thought it should be. 48 hours is far too soon to be bashing a game to oblivion because the system isn't perfect.

Regarding the no offline mode, well, as far as I know and have heard, there is no offline mode due, most likely, to the real money auction house. I don't know the specifics of how it works, but players will be unable to create "hacked" items, as they once did in Diablo 2, without an offline mode. Everything in-game item is regulated by the server, and therefore it is authentic, allowing it to be used in the real money auction house. Again, I say this is what I think the reason is. This is not definite fact, but it is a reason that I deem acceptable.

I'm writing this review even though I've played the game for about 2 hours, which may be more time than a lot of these negative reviews. I enjoyed those 2 hours thoroughly. This is my opinion of it. It feels like classic Diablo 2, a click-click-click adventure rpg. The dialogue is well scripted, and the voice acting is just as fantastic as it is in all Blizzard games. I've only messed around with normal mode, and I'm believing what the developers said that it is basically a tutorial/easy mode. Normal mode is a cake walk, so far, but I don't mind, because I can focus on the story, and although not an award winner, the story is enjoyable. I haven't progressed far enough in the skill system to have an adequate opinion of it, other than that is currently easy to use and enjoyable, with the possibility of a lot of customization.

Regarding the difficulty, I imagine that the other modes will be significantly more difficult. The broad range of difficulties allows the game to be accessible to the broad range of gamers, ranging from casual to hardcore. I think that, during these 10+ years that people have been waiting for this game, people's expectations became so outrageous that regardless of how good the game is, it would still far short of what they thought it should be. So, don't pay much attention to the bad scores that people are giving this game (right now atleast), because it seems like most of it is due to connection issues and lack of an offline mode, and lots of lots of rage. When people are angry, they think angry, they play angry, and they form angry opinions. Chill.
  91. May 16, 2012
    Diablo III is an absolutely stunning successor to Diablo II, it had launch day problems, but it's already resolved. Real players would not dump this game down, except trolls, the so called "Diablo II Veteran" (LOL).
    Pathetic attempts to write absolutely garbage review without even playing this game or even have the game. 1300+ trolls trolled Diablo III hard on Metacritic, does it affect anyone else? Nope, 10 millions of players will still enjoy this great game whatsoever. Users on Metacritic cannot take seriously when you can review the game without playing it and write stupidly garbage review with self-entitled bias reviews.

Last words: Diablo III is 10/10, better than D1 and D2 in every perspective. Game of the Decade.
  92. May 20, 2012
    This kind of pathetic fanboyness makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. All these 0's and 1's, just because a game isn't enough like its prequel. The only time a game should EVER receive a 0 is if you couldn't even play 5 minutes of it. All these 1's and 0's already admit they played all the way though or for hours on end, and will most likely continue playing. You idiots need to realizeThis kind of pathetic fanboyness makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. All these 0's and 1's, just because a game isn't enough like its prequel. The only time a game should EVER receive a 0 is if you couldn't even play 5 minutes of it. All these 1's and 0's already admit they played all the way though or for hours on end, and will most likely continue playing. You idiots need to realize when you rage on a website like this, you completely ruin the entire concept. Have you really not noticed that pretty much EVERY sequel on meta gets a 50-30 user score, but every new game, even if its **** gets a 80+? Not to even mention the ridiculous unbalance between user and critic score. This fan boy retardation of the gaming community needs to stop. This is the equivalent of banging a supermodel and only after having sex for hours saying " meh, you were better the first time. 0 out of 10" Now to my actual review.
    * Story: F%#king amazing. I was blown away with how epic and heroic they make you feel, unlike diablo 2 where it seemed like you were just kinda involved in the conflict. The cut scenes are the most beautiful 3d rendering i have ever seen, better than final fantasy. *Graphics: FPS fanboys along with others will be disappointed by the lack of reflection and lens flare burning images into their cornea, but the graphics are GOOD do not be fooled by RAGERS. All of the landscape in this game is absolutely breathtaking, and guess what? its RANDOMLY GENERATED. Every other game i have ever played with randomly generated terrain, to be honest, was ugly. The epic views you get while up on a cliff or on a castle battlement were so breathtaking I had to stop slaying demons just to stare. The spell effects are super sexy, along with the physics engine that sends demons flying in your wake.

*Game play: Instead of a big skill tree with good skills scattered in between **** ones that you have to get first, diablo 3 opens itself to complete customization. You have 6 spells and 3 passives at any given time, but the amount of total spells and passives is around 50+. And on top of that, you can augment your skills to make them behave completely different, raising the number of skills to around 200 per class. And the best part? You are not stuck with ANYTHING. Remember how in diablo 2 if you but 1 point into int on a barb, that character was considered ruined? None of that here. Respec WHENEVER you want at NO cost, means that instead of living and getting just an ice mage, you get an ice fire and arcane mage. its a brilliant setup.

The only reason that this game looses 1 point in my mind is because you can pay 2 win, but the fact that your paying another player instead of some black market item seller lessens this blow.
  93. May 21, 2012
    After completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more funAfter completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more fun i'm sure. Gameplay - 10/10
    The sound is really as good as Diablo II although the music is very different, but still very good. Voice acting is also great although I was a bit disapponted with Diablo's voice. Sound - 10/10
    The graphics are also very nice, but of course the new art direction sometimes reminds us about Warcraft too much. I hoped that it would be a bit darker, but it is possible to change the colors and contrast with a kind of a "mod". The character models are really interesting (although again, it would have been nice if there was more effort put in Diablo's ingame model) and all the places also look really great. Graphics - 9/10
    And finally the story. I will try not to spoil anything by only writing abstract thoughts about some storyline decisions. Unfortunately, it is the weakest aspect of Diablo III. It was really predictable and some characters are just not right for Diablo universe. It seemed as if there was not a lot of effort put into it. Especially the storyline about the Black Soulstone was a bit too simple I think. The main chracters were all interesting, although the scoundrel and the jeweler were kind of annoying. Also I didn't really like what was done to Tyrael. The ending was good but it left some trivial and more serious unanswered questions. I think that there could have been a bit more explaining about what happened after the last boss fight. With that been said I think the story (and Diablo's voice) was the only thing that disapponted me a bit, but it wasn't bad of course - it just could have been better. Story - 8/10
    So my final rating would be 9.25/10 but I am giving it 10 because the majority of bad ratings here were given just because these people couldn't log in to the game or just couldn't pirate it because of constant online connection. Of course, it had serous launch problems, but those angry with this should't have come here and rate the game 0, they should wait for Blizzard to fix them. So, thank you, Blizzard for going away from WoW a bit and giving us a sequel to one of the best games of all time, not ruining it in the process. People are definitely going to play Diablo III for years to come.
  94. May 15, 2012
    I want to thank the people that already gave reviews on this game. I was going to go pick it up at Best Buy and now it seems it's not worth my time. The game sounded like a lot of fun play now I'll skip it and save my 60 bucks for something worth it.
  95. May 15, 2012
    So, people are talking about graphics and how bad story it has and so on. You must be casual gamers or then just stupid wow nerds I presume. Graphics are just fine for me and I like the gameplay. If you want the game to be more dark or creepy you can adjust the gamma to zero. And if you have no network to play Diablo 3, then what are you doing here? This game might have the best cinematicsSo, people are talking about graphics and how bad story it has and so on. You must be casual gamers or then just stupid wow nerds I presume. Graphics are just fine for me and I like the gameplay. If you want the game to be more dark or creepy you can adjust the gamma to zero. And if you have no network to play Diablo 3, then what are you doing here? This game might have the best cinematics that I've seen and the story is not THAT bad. And if you want to know, yes I've been playing D2 from the beginning. [sarcasm] And it's also nice to see that you know that you can only score a game with zero or ten :) [/sarcasm] Expand
  96. May 15, 2012
    Ignore the unfavorable reviews - they are simply posted by people that don't know what they're talking about, and are trying to make the game seem worse than it really is. Blizzard knows what they're doing, and they pulled off yet another spectacular title. Give this game a shot - you won't be disappointed.
  97. May 15, 2012
    Bad launch, but while playing, I was having a blast! Very Pretty graphics, true to Diablo sounds. Sucks no LAN play, but that's the way of the world these days. When torrenting dies, maybe videogame companies won't be so protective of their property to require always online connection.
  98. May 15, 2012
    They took Diablo 2, streamlined it and removed all the nonsense, they dumped the constant need to farm that made Diablo 2 stale quickly, they removed all the inventory issues by making items a set size. Then they dumped the requirement to have identify item scrolls and town portal scrolls.

The skills are better because now you're set using 6 of them, instead of Diablo 2 where you only used 1-2 of them that you maxed out. Alot of people are upset about this but it comes down to the fact you cannot exploit this game like you could Diablo 2 (Sorcerer with Frost Orb maxed soloing the entire game) This requires teamwork, or at the very least a strategy, tactics and an escape plan because it does get hard and you will die.

They took Diablo 2 and made it require skill to play it, not to troll or rage or be rude, but alot of people were expecting "Skill" games (copy/ paste builds, grind gear, exploit game, be stupid OP) and got a game where if they're dumb they're getting smacked around.

Aside from the crappy Blizzard/ Battle.net service right now I would highly recommend this game to anyone that's looking for a great CO-OP/ Strategy- Action game.
  99. May 15, 2012
    I am very disappointed by the entitled nature of the reviews here. Not only is it a complete given that an online game with millions of players will have some issues at launch, but what makes it truly ironic is that Blizzard tends to be one of the better companies at mitigating such issues.

Two days from now, the 800 negative reviews will be literally meaningless, yet they'll still be here on this site. That's a terrible shame.
  100. May 15, 2012
    So many people just review log in screens or parrot opinions without playing games these days, it's pathetic...

Disblo 3 is amazing, and was well worth the wait.
  101. May 17, 2012