3.9

1. May 29, 2012
    Sluggish average ARPG. DRM and connectivity aside, I simply do not like the game at its core. Vaguely mimics the other Diablo's, but doesn't feel in any way like them. I would recommend Titan's quest over this lack luster. You may like the game shortly if you've never played an ARPG, but its the worst one to start with.
  2. May 16, 2012
    I think this game for a lot of people like BF3 was for me, when BF3 released I had all these expectations on how it was going to be the best Fps ever and it would revolutionize Fps games as a whole. Boy was I wrong, and I say that because I think a lot of the bad scores people are giving is because they had so many different expectations and so many of them were so high that the game couldI think this game for a lot of people like BF3 was for me, when BF3 released I had all these expectations on how it was going to be the best Fps ever and it would revolutionize Fps games as a whole. Boy was I wrong, and I say that because I think a lot of the bad scores people are giving is because they had so many different expectations and so many of them were so high that the game could NEVER live up to what they wanted. I don't think this game deserves a such bad scores but it also doesn't deserve a 10 simply because of the always on DRM which is absolute crap.
    I have about 15 hours logged in this game been playing around with the wizard, and although I was a D1, and D2 fan I think this is a great installment in the series. The voice acting and visuals could certainly be toned up a great bit but that's something i can look past. Overall I think this is a good game with a 1 large flaw, an absolutely HORRID launch.
  3. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is so boring you would have more fun at a bingo hall. Also the connection problems at launch are awful and show how incompetent Blizzard is. The graphics in game are also not close to what a Diablo game should look like
  4. May 17, 2012
    Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True,Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True, you can't entirely **** UP your character while learning (which honestly was one of the appeals of Diablo 2) but they are only saving you trial and error time. Haters will hate on this review because it's trendy. Haters did hate on this review. Haters gonna hate on this review. Expand
  5. May 17, 2012
    Read the professional reviews. Read how they describe the game. Does that sound like an 87 to you? No, it sounds like an 80 or a 75, but because Diablo III has the Blizzard name and advertising dollar attached to it, it gets an 87 on metacritic. It's criminal.
  6. May 17, 2012
    This is my latest review, and a copy of a direct ticket i sent to the consumer support of Battle Net:

"I wish to report Blizzard for failure to fulfill the promise in a contract of sale of your product, the game Diablo 3. Why can´t I play the game when I want, because not just i have an internet connection running on the client side, it is necessary that your servers have the ability to manage all the copies sold. In addition the game content is far below the title that supports the Brand Diablo, which I was a frequent player in D1, D2 and D2LOD (game I still play), as such, and because of the failure on the part of your company promised to comply with this both aspects i want to unilateral denunce this purchase and pretend the return off all money paid. Cancelling my subscription of your game. If this is not the correct topic please send me to the site due. I am defrauded and I will take the legal steps necessary to see my consumer rights safeguarded. Sincerely,
    .......(My name)...."
  7. May 17, 2012
    I've played King's Quest I (released in 1984) with my young girls and had a great time doing it. What do you think the odds are people being able to play this game in 30 years due to the always on DRM?
  8. May 17, 2012
    Take a look at the conflicting "Official Critic" reviews yet they still managed to pull off an attractive score no doubt from some sort of attractive offer from the Blizzard propaganda department. Such is the way with an booming industry, "leading authorities" on games. Most "leading authorities" in all aspects are becoming redundant on the free internet. I played open beta and couldn'tTake a look at the conflicting "Official Critic" reviews yet they still managed to pull off an attractive score no doubt from some sort of attractive offer from the Blizzard propaganda department. Such is the way with an booming industry, "leading authorities" on games. Most "leading authorities" in all aspects are becoming redundant on the free internet. I played open beta and couldn't stand it for more then 20 minutes, say all you want about not giving it a fair shot but i'm not going to force myself to play a piece of crap, a polished turd is still a turd, I waited for this game like everyone else. The writing is on the wall and all the indications are there that Blizzard and parent companies are now just lifeless corporations looking to churn out a quarterly profit by providing incomplete products and throwing you a bone once in a while at a premium price thus requiring you continue paying money for a never ending beta. Kind of like tying a dollar bill to a string and pulling it away from your victim as soon as they get close. Very few companies once successful stick to quality standards and seek for never ending ways to exploit and sucker their customers once pleased with their offerings into bloating their coffers. Enjoy dishing out quarterly payments to these big gaming corporations to complete the forever incomplete product you are essentially buying. EA has been doing it for years, adding a few useless features or features that were already there or very easily could of been utilized in previous year titles. Maybe its just bitterness towards the lack of quality in games these days or playing too many and expecting more, maybe the gaming industry is in need of something revolutionary and innovative. Expand
  9. May 17, 2012
    Complete waste of time and money, can't even play single player due to a ping of 700 consistently. The series is ruined and I wish I bought torchlight instead. Let's get the rating to 3.7
  10. May 17, 2012
    It's unfortunate and a major disappointment. I'm surprised all the 'paid for reviews' gave this game an average '86' Metascore. To recap what others have stated: 1.) No offline gameplay
    2.) Even if you play alone in a private game to get a 'single player' feel, you get disconnected frequently and losing progress.
    3.) Cash shop / auction house / pay to win 4.) No PvP / Hostility
    3.) Cash shop / auction house / pay to win
    4.) No PvP / Hostility Flagging
    5.) Cartoon-like / World of Warcraft textures / League of Legends graphics ( a major shift from the dark Diablo 1 & 2 games)
    6.) They took out skill points and stat points so you can't experiment or build your character to your play style.
    7.) Average completion of normal mode is about 7-12 hours.

All in all, I wish the original developers made this game. They wouldn't have fked it up so bad. There's probably a reason they stopped at Diablo 2. It feels like they just pulled more prime evils out of their ass to milk the Diablo franchise.
  11. May 17, 2012
    1.5 hours trying to install, I wouldn't even pirate any of your crap. I think your devs were telling the truth that you have been goofing off for ten years knowing you will cash in on name and expectations. Hope your fans remember this in future. I think getting it to install will be biggest test this game will offer.
  12. May 17, 2012
    Oh Blizzard, what have you done? Back in the day, I was a huge fan of D2 and Lord of Destruction, but this... Number 1, the graphics and entire environment look like a cartoon. Gone is the dark, creepy, brooding feel of D1/D2. Undead are no longer scary; they're just noisy targets that explode quite comically when you bludgeon them. This game reminds me of WoW, and I don't play WoW for aOh Blizzard, what have you done? Back in the day, I was a huge fan of D2 and Lord of Destruction, but this... Number 1, the graphics and entire environment look like a cartoon. Gone is the dark, creepy, brooding feel of D1/D2. Undead are no longer scary; they're just noisy targets that explode quite comically when you bludgeon them. This game reminds me of WoW, and I don't play WoW for a reason: it's whimsical. Silly. Carnival-esque. I like DARK fantasy, not magical gem-farting kobolds and Disney-level plot devices. Number 2, what the hell is up with a one-player game that forces you to play online? My hardware is far and above the recommended for this game, and I have a very reliable internet connection. Guess what I just did, though? Yep, lagged out and died. Finally - and I had a bad feeling about this one before even learning the true horror of its existence - pay-to-play items?! This is insulting. I know people used to do this kind of thing on eBay, but now Blizzard is trying to cash in with absurd user fees? I wonder how many companies in China were formed this week just to take advantage of this "feature." I was waiting for this game for a long time, and now I'm angry. This is basically betrayal, Blizzard. The only blessing I see here is that I'm one of the lucky few who played through the entire free demo and then read some online reviews...so my $60 hasn't gone down the drain yet. And won't. I'd rather spend it on something useful and gratifying, like cheese. Expand
  13. zZz
    May 18, 2012
    I really don't understand why this game took 10+ years to make or why it costs 59.99 dollars at launch. This game is NOT like diablo 1 or 2, that is very disappointing, overhype for NO reason. The game has ALOT of World of Warcraft influences due to the many developers from WoW that worked on the game, the items are trash everything looks and feels the same, the monsters look cartoony, theI really don't understand why this game took 10+ years to make or why it costs 59.99 dollars at launch. This game is NOT like diablo 1 or 2, that is very disappointing, overhype for NO reason. The game has ALOT of World of Warcraft influences due to the many developers from WoW that worked on the game, the items are trash everything looks and feels the same, the monsters look cartoony, the graphics look are all flashy and pretty, NOT dark and "evil" as in the previous diablo 1 and 2 games, and there are older games out there with better graphics than diablo 3, what a disappointment. You no longer can customize your character, no more point to put into vitality or strength, or points into your skills, everything is preset so there is no customization whatsoever.You need an internet connection to play the game on single mode and half of the time the servers don't even work. THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE, and when you try to complain and tell blizzard to fix the game on their forums you either get flamed at or your post gets deleted by blizzard, I don't know what happened to blizzard but Diablo 3 is by far the worst game they have ever made.
    Ironic how Starcraft 2 doesn't have any WoW influences and its becoming one of the best selling blizzard games now. Please don't listen to the blizzard fan boys they will stick by blizzards side no matter what, if you truly want to try the gam out get a pirated copy from a torrent site and see for yourself how bad the game is.
  14. May 18, 2012
    I told myself I'd enjoy this game no matter how much they ruin it. We've waited over 11 years, and let's face it, it's nearly impossible to live up to the hype. But when you go back and look at the screenshots of the first 'revision' of diablo3 you wonder, was it worth re-doing? Blizzard dropped the ball firing blizzard north staff and telling them to scrap d3. Then they merged withI told myself I'd enjoy this game no matter how much they ruin it. We've waited over 11 years, and let's face it, it's nearly impossible to live up to the hype. But when you go back and look at the screenshots of the first 'revision' of diablo3 you wonder, was it worth re-doing? Blizzard dropped the ball firing blizzard north staff and telling them to scrap d3. Then they merged with activision and had a huge cash cow called WoW. Honestly, this isn't blizzard that we loved anymore. As many have said, a lot is wrong with this game, and I fear for the future.
    1. stats: Diablo 2 had an issue, you had no reason to not pump up one stat. Except for the fact you know, it wasn't that huge of an issue. There was simple fixes that could of took place, reducing the hp scaling per vitality point and increasing the scaling of other stats for example. There was always builds will max vita, but there was also max str and max dex (titan baba and glasscannon zons) and even max energy sorc.

2. DRM: while this upsets me, it isn't the hugest issue. If there is maintenence, as there has been. You can't play. If the servers are far away, you lag. If you have a bad connection (such as my friend) you get a constant 2k ping. A lot better ways of preventing cheats such as client side with server side authentication could have been used to at least reduce the dependence on servers. What if in 5 years they don't want to keep the servers up? This isn't d2 where the servers can be run on a small little think for a few bucks a month. Once they are down, we have no where to go, because there is no offline/single player.

3. MMO. This isn't the same genre as d2. There is no replay value in this game, there is no clear and understood method of farming, there is no game channels, there is no future. You level a character once, do all the town and back talk to this person talk to that person quests. Then you're sitting there trying to figure out what to do. The level cap is 60, so there is no high goal of trying to hit 99. Any gear you want can easily be bought, so what is the point of grinding mobs? You're stuck, do you wait for pvp? Wait for an expansion, just to give more cash to a company that could lock you out of this game forever in two years? Or do you do the exact same back and forth talk and grab item quests and level another char?

Let's face it, this game has some fun hidden in it. But that's only with friends, and from what I can see, only the first run through. I hope blizzard does something quick, before they lose the diablo fanbase and is left to die.

ps. don't even get me started on the water-color graphics, while a few acts seem better then others. The art direction is horrible. I don't want a post-processing effect slapped in my face.
  15. May 18, 2012
    Bah, I haven't even been able to play more than 4 hours. Garbage. The only reason this isn't a console game is because Actiblizzard wants to rake money off the top of auction house sales... Avoid this one at all costs. If you must have an Action RPG try out Torchlight (single-player only) and TitanQuest (Both single and multi-player). Also, Torchlight II is coming out this summer. It hasBah, I haven't even been able to play more than 4 hours. Garbage. The only reason this isn't a console game is because Actiblizzard wants to rake money off the top of auction house sales... Avoid this one at all costs. If you must have an Action RPG try out Torchlight (single-player only) and TitanQuest (Both single and multi-player). Also, Torchlight II is coming out this summer. It has online, offline, lan, singleplayer, mods, you name it! Good Job Bobby Kotick. Expand
  16. May 18, 2012
    I've never purchased a game that I could not play until now.
    I got his game on Wed and have managed to peice together 45 minutes of interruppted play 10-15 minutes at a time FOR SINGLE PLAYER. Today is Friday. The game is ok, not mind blowing, the experience is horrible. I need a refund this is unusable.
  17. May 18, 2012
    Diablo 3, I gladly welcome this title as a sequel to the franchise. I am not happy with the whole experience as a customer, and really Blizzards excuse for always on gameplay, is just that... an excuse. There is no real justifiable reason to NOT have a offline mode... Offline mode didnt hurt Diablo 2... I want to start positive here and get into the negative later.... I purchased theDiablo 3, I gladly welcome this title as a sequel to the franchise. I am not happy with the whole experience as a customer, and really Blizzards excuse for always on gameplay, is just that... an excuse. There is no real justifiable reason to NOT have a offline mode... Offline mode didnt hurt Diablo 2... I want to start positive here and get into the negative later.... I purchased the digital download version first because i knew my collectors edition that i ordered to be shipped would not arrive on time. Again staying positive here, once i finally was able to play, I was happy with the graphics, as well as the story line. To be completely honest i Truly enjoyed the departure of assigning skill points and playing with skill trees. I feel that this gives me more time to immerse myself in battling foes and focusing on the story rather than worrying on how many skill points im saving or if i messed up and put too many point in a certain stat. I really enjoy the story, i like seeing all the characters that we heard about in the past finally show up and make a mess. Not only that but the story line brings back old favorites and really can play with ones emotions. Ok now we can talk about the bad stuff, Granted there are some real good things up there, but the bad stuff im going to list here, are more of a Business mistake rather than a developer mistake. CLEARLY most of what you will read here on all these reviews as well as in this section did not have to be this way. Right from launch Blizzard literally tells the customer "WE are rich, we have what you want, and if you dont like it, we dont care". First and foremost, you dropped 60 bucks on this game, 59.99 to be exact, and 1 cent doesnt really make a difference, its more than 59 dollars and one cent less than 60 so we will just call it 60 and be done with it. Blizzard said 12:01AM Pacific time you can play the game. sure that was true for many customers, but not all... Why, because its online only.... You cant play this game on a plane, you cant play it on a train. though you could probably play it while eating green eggs and ham.... so long as you have a broadband internet connection. that means you cant play it on your life raft in the middle of the Atlantic probably cant even play on your grandfather's farm in the middle of no where nebraska. No internet there.... or they only have dial-up, yes i know its 2012, but guess what there are still people that have dial-up. and YES THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT STILL HAVE AOL (the kind that came on a cd or floppy disk in 1995) they cant play diablo 3... they are "NOT ENTITLED". yes im the fortunate few that has a broadband connection, i wasnt able to get on for four hours on launch day. i live at most 20 minutes away from a video game store, i could have left my house four times bought a title and have 4 working games right out of the box. so not being able to play what i paid for is a big time sad face. another big sad face is for a game that is just as easily single player as it is multi-player, i have to suffer multi-player problems in single player games.... lag..... i cant tell you how many times i have been face to face with a boss... then all of a sudden everything freezes... then 30 seconds later, a screen pops up saying you are dead... its one thing to die and it being your own fault.... you bit off more than you chew it happens. i can suck that up all day long, sure i might get mad if it happens all too often i might throw something, i might flip a buffet table who knows. but when its NOT my fault, when its My ISP, My crappy router, or more than likely over populated blizzard servers. now i want to flip Blizzard's buffet tables! i want to tie up Vivendi's french speaking CEO and flip the table so the creame frieche ruins his expensive suit! I am a paying consumer, i should not have to put up with this. Blow this off as another whiny entitled rant, but you know what, you are DAMN right i am entitled, I paid for something i want it to work properly. i bought everything i need for my computer to run, it works as intended i am happy, i bought my internet it usually works as intended and when it doesnt i call my ISP and they FIX it. i bought diablo 3 and it doesnt work as intended i call support and they tell me they are aware and are investigating the problem, they do absolutely nothing to tell me they are going to fix it. no reassurance nothing. thats bad business, and business arrogance. Put simply Blizzard has made so much money off us consumers, that the consumer's happiness no longer matters. Diablo 3 will be the last title i ever purchase from blizzard or their affiliates. I do not do business with blunt arrogance. Expand
  18. May 18, 2012
    OK, this is a reworked review from the one I originally posted, although it is still a 10, it is a 10 with much more deserving. Let's begin by putting the horrors of the first two days behind us, and now that we are, for the most, able to login, the game plays very well, with some slight improvement on the latency, it would be fantastic...................Graphically the game is pleasingOK, this is a reworked review from the one I originally posted, although it is still a 10, it is a 10 with much more deserving. Let's begin by putting the horrors of the first two days behind us, and now that we are, for the most, able to login, the game plays very well, with some slight improvement on the latency, it would be fantastic...................Graphically the game is pleasing in the most part, and at some points quite amazing. I game on a 5 year old machine with a trusty old Q6600 cpu at 2.8ghz, just 4GB of DDR2 RAM, and an almost stock 6850 card. I play at 1920x1200 with everything on high but without anti-aliasing. I get 60 FPS pretty much everywhere, with a rare bit of stuttering which players on the very latest equipment are also reporting. I can turn on the AA, but I don't want to push my luck, and the game looks great without it anyway................... As far as audio is concerned, I didn't see much in the way of options for this apart from the usual sliders, I didn't see any settings to accomodate my 5.1 surround headphones, but I'll forgive Blizzard for that..............On to the gameplay. This is pretty much a tried and tested format as far as the basic mechanics go, and anyone who has played previous Diablo games or games like Titan Quest, and other games in the same vein over the years will feel comfortable with the "pick up and play" format that comes with isometric action RPGs........... The encounters in the game are decent enough with a wide variety of mob types, and the random element in the layout of various zones give you a refreshing crawl each time you play through them - and you will want to replay them as with the random layouts come random dungeons with various bosses in most of them. You will need to do these not only for the odd bit of XP grinding if you want to play that way, but also to complete the many, many achievements that come with the game for you to complete...................Last of all the storyline. It's a fairly common story for Diablo games, and your task is basically to destroy the devil to restore peace in the world. The story is told with a lot of panache and style, and you can get a feel for the lore by collecting the various journals lying around which are all fully fleshed out with vocals. Which is a good thing because some of the times you collect them you have no time to read the dialogue with it, and if I did have a gripe with this, then it is the fact that when you pick up a journal, a third of your screen is immediately taken up with the text which is being read out to you, which usually means you have to quickly close it down if you are in the middle of a tough fight...............................So, as far as giving the game a 10 out of 10 goes, well, in this day and age, what does it take to make a game a 10? quite a lot really, and even though the four acts the first time around will give you about 20-30 hours of gameplay for a player who wants to take everything in at a reasonable pace, repeating the game on nightmare and the subsequent crazy difficulty levels will have you coming back for more. Add to this an Auction House for you to trade your unwanted items, or to buy some yourself, provides even more excuses to waste your weekends behing your screen. Blizzard plan to go live with a real currency version of the Auction House in the coming couple of weeks, and you just know there will be people prepared to spend real money for some of the more sought after Legendary Items. So, enjoy the game and make a bit of cash on the side to boot! Lets just hope Blizzard make a few expansion packs like they did with previous incarnations to keep everyone happy..................Diablo 3 is here! It's been 12 years in hiatous, and its great! Go and buy it! Expand
  19. May 18, 2012
    It comes as no surprise that most of the "official" reviews of this game rank it highly. I am unsure of how they can do so with a straight face, especially when nearly twice as many users have given this game a negative ranking than a positive one. It probably has something to do with perks offered to these reviewers by Blizzard, who knows?

This game is a complete let-down. Aside from

This game is a complete let-down. Aside from the intrusive DRM and the fact that you cannot play single-player without a constant internet connection, the game itself is just sad. They have dumbed everything down. The graphics are reminiscent of World of Warcraft, which isn't too surprising given that its made by the same company, but it just destroys the whole mood for me. Another thing that destroys the mood is the dialogue in the game, which was clearly not thought out very well as most of it is just comical. When I play a game like Diablo, I want to feel like I am fighting for my very life, like I am truly struggling to save humanity from a dark and sinister evil. Instead, I feel like I am playing a World of Warcraft - Diablo mod. Even the secret level in the game, Whimsyshire, is a childish-looking, rainbow- and pony-infested atrocity. The developers might have thought it to be funny, but to the consumer it is just completely insulting.

The game is completely unappealing to hard-core Diablo players and they have dumbed it down so much I feel like they shouldn't have even bothered releasing it at all. Blizzard has really let all their previous success go to their head. Instead of giving us new ground-breaking titles, they give us half-assed games that only sell well because of the franchise's name. Yet, people are reluctant to see the writing on the wall and continue to encourage this kind of behavior, because "OMG it's Blizzard, it MUST be good!" DRM is not okay. Even the people who claimed it was were whining and complaining when they took the day off from work on launch day and couldn't log into the game. Hypocrites.

The real-money auction house is going to destroy the economy. People delude themselves into thinking they are going to get rich with it, but they fail to realize that there are going to be millions of people doing the same. Within a short period of time, perhaps a few months at the most, even the rarest loot will be available for extremely low prices. People who pick up the game after this period of time will be able to equip their characters with the best possible gear without doing any work. Where is the fun in that? Diablo has always been about grinding bosses for loot and finding random strangers with whom to trade. It's clear Blizzard just wanted to control the profit OTHER people were making in Diablo 2. I've heard all the "justification", but let's face it - Blizzard is greedy and they don't care about putting out a ground-breaking game, they only care about profits.

The lack of mod support is sad. Part of what extends a game's longevity is the inclusion of mod support, but I guess greedy ol' Blizzard doesn't want people to touch THEIR code. That's why they included all the DRM in the game, so that you can only truly RENT the game from them.

Lack of LAN support is also sad, since you have to rely on Blizzard's servers. Forget playing with 0ms ping with your best buddies in the comfort of your own home. Instead, you'll have to pray that your internet connection is strong and that Blizzard's servers aren't down for maintenance or chugging because of all the millions of concurrent users. I guess Blizzard's way of bringing people together is by keeping us apart.

0/10. This game is a complete disappointment and I feel sorry for all the people who delude themselves into believing Blizzard's reasoning for everything that is WRONG with this game. Actions speak louder than words, and Blizzard seems to care an awful lot about making sure people hear their words and ignore their actions.
  20. May 18, 2012
    Great game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complainGreat game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complain about stuff like that have never really had real issues in their life. Expand
  21. May 18, 2012
    Its not Diablo II its WoW 2. And this why most of us disapointment.
    im not talking about DRM, single player etc because u in my opinion u dont need to play diablo game alone, but the truth is this game lost all the its great features from diablo 2 and turned into WoW 2.
    Its not Diablo II its WoW 2. And this why most of us disapointment.
    Diablo 2 is still popular 12 years after its release and i see many people who play it online. do u really think this bad game will be played in 12 more years? Diablo 2 is a game that stands the test of time . diablo 3? doesnt even stand the stand of present time.
    BIG DISAPOINTMENT!
  22. May 19, 2012
    Casual gamer here. Absolutely gutted offline single player mode isn't available. Games like warcraft, starcraft, diablo, are what I'm about. I buy the games, chuck it on hard and play the single player campaign. I've never made the transition to online play with any game. The main reason being I live in a country where internet connections aren't great. So to find out onlineCasual gamer here. Absolutely gutted offline single player mode isn't available. Games like warcraft, starcraft, diablo, are what I'm about. I buy the games, chuck it on hard and play the single player campaign. I've never made the transition to online play with any game. The main reason being I live in a country where internet connections aren't great. So to find out online connection is a must is so annoying. I also game on a laptop and dont have roaming wireless internet, I find it really average to think I could buy the product but be limited where I use it. I think for someone like the gamer who's not interested in online play this will push them towards piracy. I for one wont be buying the product due to my internet limitations. However if there was a cracked version that allowed offline play that would look pretty good to me right now.

I cant believe the ignorance from blizzard that everyone around the world interested in playing diablo 3 will have access to a quality internet line.

Seriously?????? You cant be that stupid?????
  23. May 19, 2012
    As anyone has already pointed out, the biggest flaw is the DRM.
    There are QUEUES in the singleplayer, what the heck???
    Is this the future of video gaming? Cattle-ing people? None should support this kind of product because it just degrades the whole video game industry. This has NOT the spirit of D2, to whoever says that they are just blizzdrones. It has nothing D2 had. The story is plain
    As anyone has already pointed out, the biggest flaw is the DRM.
    There are QUEUES in the singleplayer, what the heck???
    The story is plain and dumb, no customization whatsoever, chosing one feat for your skill and call it customs? There is no more skill building, you just chose your arsenal and your gameplay won't be much more different than any other dude having your character.
    As always the first playthrough can't be easier, the replayability is just doing the game again (which is short as well) and doesn't add much at all.
  24. May 19, 2012
    This game is unplayable because of DRM. I have 6Mbps ADSL Internet connection and pings in other games like 80-120ms. In D3 my average ping is of 600-1000. This is incredibly unplayable even at single player campaign.
    I've wasted 60 euros just because Blizzard was a trusted company for me till here. I don't care about graphics and sound, i don't care about many years of development of that game. I simply log in, watch my hero "jumping through space" in lags and i quit.
  25. May 24, 2012
    This game is OK but the always-on DRM absolutely ruins it for me. DRM for multiplayer games is to be expected, but forcing you to always have a connection to the blizzard servers in order to play a single player game is ridiculous. What if you have a laptop and want to play it somewhere with poor/unreliable wireless signal quality or no wireless signal? You can't. When playing a singleThis game is OK but the always-on DRM absolutely ruins it for me. DRM for multiplayer games is to be expected, but forcing you to always have a connection to the blizzard servers in order to play a single player game is ridiculous. What if you have a laptop and want to play it somewhere with poor/unreliable wireless signal quality or no wireless signal? You can't. When playing a single player game on my desktop I'll be running through a field and then in a flash my position will reset to where it was a second or two ago when the server last synched, its totally jarring. Sometimes when this happens I'll be surrounded by monsters and instantly die. I'll be pretty far into a dungeon and my connection will get dropped and I'll get booted back to the game lobby and have to repeat the level. All this is even if blizzard allows you to log in to their servers to begin with, hope you don't want to play your game when their servers are down or at capacity! I'm still having lag issues on my desktop over a week after release, I'm not whining about the launch-day issues that they improved upon over the first couple days, and this may in fact be my ISPs fault rather than Blizzard's. Blizzard really should have given you the choice of an open or closed system like they did in Diablo 2, this design decision to require a constant high quality internet connection at all times killed my enjoyment of this game. As to the gameplay, its pretty much what you'd expect, an updated version of diablo with new classes and skills. Graphics are decent, voice acting is good and the monsters the game has allowed me to see so far have been interesting - I like some of the vomiting zombies and giant bloated corpses that explode into a mass of worms, I like how you see monsters climb up the sides of cliffs and climb in through windows before joining the combat, creative stuff like that is good. Story is decent, kind of a rehash of the original story so far but it makes me nostalgic when they drop names like "king leoric" in the story. I'm one who doesn't really want a long story in an action rpg so the story is at just about the right level for me. Gameplay however seems dumbed down from predecessors, not nearly as much character customization as I would like and my only deaths so far have been due to lag. $60 for this is an insult, should be $20. Expand
  26. May 19, 2012
    I think we need to stop being fanboys of a game, a company, or a franchise and just evaluate something for what it's actually worth (basically, leave nostalgia out of it)
    Diablo 3 is on it's own merit, one of the most exceptionally bad let downs of all time. The graphics are so cheap and second rate, it looks like an indie studio of about 4 guys did the work on it. The characters are 2 dimensional and so hard to get behind it's laughable, so you almost wish it was a comedy. Oh and in terms of customization (the cornerstone of the RPG experience) forget about any deviation from what they decided your character will look like. And to top it all off, after paying $60 you can't even play it without getting kicked off every few minutes due to Blizzard mandating you stay online while you play. Why did they mandate this? So they could suck more money from you via the Auction house. Diablo 3 is gaming's Waterworld.
  27. May 19, 2012
    For background, I have played both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 to an extent. I completed both games multiple times, and although it has been a while since I played the titles, I was completely distraught when I started my character on Diablo 3. The game-play was completely dumbed down to the point that a trained chimpanzee could complete the game without any problems, the graphics look as thoughFor background, I have played both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 to an extent. I completed both games multiple times, and although it has been a while since I played the titles, I was completely distraught when I started my character on Diablo 3. The game-play was completely dumbed down to the point that a trained chimpanzee could complete the game without any problems, the graphics look as though they were taken out of WoW and darkened slightly. As I feared, Blizzard have forgotten how to make a game that is not the hugely successful WoW. Diablo 3 is a huge let down for anyone who has ever played either Diablo or Diablo 2, and I, in all honesty, cannot see how it would attract new players (aside from those who fell into the hype). I won't be a fool and say Blizzard "owned us" a great game, after this long of a wait, but after waiting for eleven years, expectations were high. They were met with Starcraft II, and they were simply destroyed with Diablo 3. It is as disappointing a game as you will ever find, and there is absolutely no way I am ever going to fall in love with it. For those reasons, my rating is a solid zero. Expand
  28. May 19, 2012
    I remember the first Diablo blowing me away, Diablo 2 blowing me away, LOD blowing me away and here comes Diablo 3 . . . blowing massive donkey penis. Seriously, go to hell actiblizzard. RIP Diablo. As far as I'm concerned Diablo ended at LOD
  29. May 20, 2012
    Servers are down 80% of the time, average graphics, poor animations, average sound, no character customization, too pricely, dumbed down talent trees, dumbed down inventory, no pvp (although promised), "always online even when playing single" bull-poop, average story, average voices, poor support and many, many other reasons that force me to slam this game (and the producing company) withServers are down 80% of the time, average graphics, poor animations, average sound, no character customization, too pricely, dumbed down talent trees, dumbed down inventory, no pvp (although promised), "always online even when playing single" bull-poop, average story, average voices, poor support and many, many other reasons that force me to slam this game (and the producing company) with a well deserved 0 (zero). Maybe they'll do better next time. Expand
  30. May 20, 2012
    Wow, just went to play. Played 2 mins and BAM server maintenance. WTF? Thats why people hate always online DRM. You want to play single player BUT CAN'T. Blizzard sucks. Only dumb fanboys will vote positive on this piece of broken ****
  31. May 20, 2012
    Orrible drm ruined this game... WAY TO GO BLIZZARD
  32. May 20, 2012
    This game is a pale imitation of its predecessors, and doesn't deserve the Diablo name.

Cartoonish WoW graphics, cookie cutter character development, weak (and short) story which has been a massive disappointment to me as a fan of the franchise. All of this would earn it a 3/10, but this has been reduced to nice fat 0/10 by the multiple errors that have accompanied any attempt by me to

All of this would earn it a 3/10, but this has been reduced to nice fat 0/10 by the multiple errors that have accompanied any attempt by me to play it, and destroyed my enthusiasm built up by a very long wait.

By all means, buy the game, but in few months and DO NOT pay $60 for it
  33. May 20, 2012
    Diablo has been Kotified. No more farming items, you have to farm cash to spoend in the Auction House. With real life money AH coming next week no surprise the whole game is designed to push you into using it.
  34. May 20, 2012
    I wish I could say something about the game, but I haven't been able to log-in. This is ridiculous, not being able to play single-player without passing through Battle.net's crappy servers. I know they're doing this to prevent duped items and getting ready for the real money action-house, but this is NOT the way to go. A big no-no to Blizzard.
  35. May 20, 2012
    I love this game. I really do. But Blizzard CAN'T get away with the way they are running the game. The launch was a giant epic fail. Nobody could log-in, people lost achievements, someone even lost the character. For all the week, there were huge lag spikes (even playing in single-player mode with no other player allowed) and disconnection. And now the ice on the cake: sudden maintenanceI love this game. I really do. But Blizzard CAN'T get away with the way they are running the game. The launch was a giant epic fail. Nobody could log-in, people lost achievements, someone even lost the character. For all the week, there were huge lag spikes (even playing in single-player mode with no other player allowed) and disconnection. And now the ice on the cake: sudden maintenance on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON for EU (the FIRST Sunday after the poor release on a TUESDAY). I love this game, but I hate Blizzard for what they are doing. And they will probably get away with this, with a simple "We're sorry.". No, WE are sorry, you aren't. You got your money, after all. Expand
  36. May 20, 2012
    Since I haven't been payied by Blizz to review, there you go:

buy this game if : * you like not being able to log in on a Sunday, for 4.5 hours straight, without any reason and ETA or communication from Blizzard other than : we are taking the server down, live with it * you do not enjoy lobotomized gameplay * the wonderful many skills and runes become 3 survival skills and 1 or
    Since I haven't been payied by Blizz to review, there you go:

buy this game if :

* you do not enjoy lobotomized gameplay

* the wonderful many skills and runes become 3 survival skills and 1 or 2 dps from Nightmare on ( so no choice there, if you want to live)

etc.
  37. May 20, 2012
    I've asked for a refund from Blizzard as its unplayable. I have no clue what game the "expert reviewers were playing, but its wasn't the one the rest of us were. Underneath the DRM / online nightmare and terrible customer service from Blizzard, there is potentially a good (though hardly 100% - that is a very lazy piece of reviewing) game, but who knows as the current one is ruined byI've asked for a refund from Blizzard as its unplayable. I have no clue what game the "expert reviewers were playing, but its wasn't the one the rest of us were. Underneath the DRM / online nightmare and terrible customer service from Blizzard, there is potentially a good (though hardly 100% - that is a very lazy piece of reviewing) game, but who knows as the current one is ruined by latency and lag...which is pathetic. Its not that much better than Diablo 2 (graphics are poor, object reuse is very common) and that was 12 years ago. Though I can play Diablo 2 at the moment.. I cant play Diablo 3... solo... as the servers are down. Expand
  38. May 20, 2012
    Game is good, but the need for constant internet connection while playing single player game is seriously fouled up. I've been kicked out from quests in the middle because connection went fubar and now I can't play, because servers are having MAINTENANCE, and that, pretty please, ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON.
  39. May 20, 2012
    A typical Blizzard game. This game was hyped so much that it was obvious it would be disappointing in many points. Skills, Story, Graphics, all acceptable nut not nearly as epic as you might think when you look at press' ratings. I would rate it about 83/100, but the server situation, online restriction and Blizzard politics do not deserve even 1 point.
  40. May 20, 2012
    Trouble logging in and playing from Day 1. Now on Day 3 my account was hacked all my gold and items were missing and a Level 1 character that I had never played with was in my recently played list. What's more? The user was still online on his Level 1 Barbarian no doubt ripping off other accounts. The login screen is a joke. There is no time out if you enter an incorrect passwordTrouble logging in and playing from Day 1. Now on Day 3 my account was hacked all my gold and items were missing and a Level 1 character that I had never played with was in my recently played list. What's more? The user was still online on his Level 1 Barbarian no doubt ripping off other accounts. The login screen is a joke. There is no time out if you enter an incorrect password therefore making a brute force attack much easier to execute. I quit playing Diablo 2 because I was "popped" in PVP and it looks like I am going to quit playing Diablo 3 for the same reason. Expand
  41. May 20, 2012
    I don't care about the DRM, I don't care about the average graphics, I don't care about server problems. What bothers me is yet another RPG has sold it's soul, and is now nothing more than a point and click fest. The game has been dumbed down into oblivion, which tells me a lot about the critics who have scored diablo 3 so highly. Blizzard has probably used half of their marketing budgetI don't care about the DRM, I don't care about the average graphics, I don't care about server problems. What bothers me is yet another RPG has sold it's soul, and is now nothing more than a point and click fest. The game has been dumbed down into oblivion, which tells me a lot about the critics who have scored diablo 3 so highly. Blizzard has probably used half of their marketing budget to bribe reviewers. Expand
  42. Feb 16, 2013
    The problem with this game is that Blizzard didn't prepare enough for it. Lots of lag problems, bugs that don't allow you to play, always online DRM, laggy servers, bugs making items characters disappear forever, achievements getting bugged. Also the gameplay is not exempt from it too. Because they made some really dumb decisions on this game. Like for example Legendary Items are horribleThe problem with this game is that Blizzard didn't prepare enough for it. Lots of lag problems, bugs that don't allow you to play, always online DRM, laggy servers, bugs making items characters disappear forever, achievements getting bugged. Also the gameplay is not exempt from it too. Because they made some really dumb decisions on this game. Like for example Legendary Items are horrible when compared to Magic Items from Inferno. Lots of dumb design choices too, though some were really improvements to the game, it feels ilke they cut shortcuts on lots of aspects on the game. No Runewords useless common socketed items, action house destroying the game balance and progression, useless hirelings, etc It's just not a Diablo Sequel, and coupled with the horrible problems caused by their design choices leave me with the decision to never purchase another game from Blizzard again Expand
  43. May 20, 2012
    (Apologies for my bad english)
    A few reasons because this game SUCKS:
    - 6 skills to use at the same time and only three passives.(in torchlight you can play with 12 of them) - No character customization (equal appearance and attributes, yes there is no attribute points, to all characters) so... - Only the gear make the difference between the characters = The game is based on loot. -
    (Apologies for my bad english)
    A few reasons because this game SUCKS:

- Check points - Life globes WTF?
    - No free to go world. Only you can go to point A to B to C...and visit some "alternative" dungeons during the trip.
    - Legalized gold selling/ auction house with real money(Steal mode on)
    - Constant connecting to the internet even in the single player campaign.
    - The only PvP option = WoW - Clone arena
    - The Error 37
    - The last two Infernal Lords are really pathetic.
    - A real wasteful of scenic potential. (Combat scenifications, comments of the monsters, music, special situations...a huge mass of good stuff go directly to the rubbish). So, from gamer to a gamer: Just save your money for the Grim Dawn or Torchlight II, Diablo III is an absurdity
  44. May 20, 2012
    I had it...DRM is screwing up the gaming industry... putting aside how invasive and inconvenient it is for all players, it almost feels like I'm "renting out" their game on their property.
    I have decided that if this is the direction that developers are taking... I will simply stop buying their games... period.
    I refuse to get ripped off again..... PD: does any one know if you can get a
    I refuse to get ripped off again..... PD: does any one know if you can get a full refund on a digital copy of D3??
  45. May 21, 2012
    First off, I just want to clarify that this review is not a complaint over the connection issues/first day launch problems. So many "critics" want to wash the consumers complaints with, "Give them a break," or "This is expected during launch." They fail to acknowledge what is actually written within the thousands, yes I said thousands of negative reviews. To put it simply and clearly thisFirst off, I just want to clarify that this review is not a complaint over the connection issues/first day launch problems. So many "critics" want to wash the consumers complaints with, "Give them a break," or "This is expected during launch." They fail to acknowledge what is actually written within the thousands, yes I said thousands of negative reviews. To put it simply and clearly this game is GARBAGE. Why? The intense feeling of gloom and doom that one once had when playing Diablo 2 is completely gone in Diablo 3, the graphics are MUCH to bright and cartoonish. When playing you can never become attached to the game simply because of the graphics engine in which they chose to use with diablo 3 (world of warcraft graphics engine). The voice acting for some of the characters, such as the male wizard; is absolutely TERRIBLE. A homeless man could have done a better job on acting the scripted dialogue and dont let that one famous voice voice actor from avatar fool you into believing the rest of the voice actors in Diablo 3 are going to be exceptionally amazing. The story line is a major disappointment, so not to spoil it I will not explain further but to put it simply, I could have created a better story line. Next up, the skill tree. The skill tree is so auto pilot that a 5 year old kid could play through normal without suffering any consequences of the skills in which they can choose from. Did I say choose? I meant given to them. Also, there is no potion bar in which you strategically heal yourself, so the more this 5 year old child kills things the faster he can heal himself and progress through the rest of the game mindlessly clicking away. The little socialization features Diablo 2 aloud are completely gone and instead is on the xbox live format of socialization, which is auto assigning games with random people. Pointless to play hardcore because of this, also impossible to play hardcore, they included it but do not allow quick exits anymore. Ya you read right, 10 second delay on logging out of a game which means if blizzards sites lag (which they do 24/7) you cant just quickly exit to save your butt. Blizzard only added hardcore mode to the game to bring back that crowd thinking it would be the same but instead is only a gimmick. Do not waist your money, I would advise it because you will regret it. This game is much like the star wars the old republic hype, blizzard is only riding on the name to sell copies. Keep in mind Diablo 1 and 2 where created by blizzard north NOT Blizzard, so the developers are completely talent less and under a corporate mind set in which is the newly formed Blizzard. Watch out folks, games like star craft, world of warcraft, diablo are just never going to be the same. Expand
  46. May 21, 2012
    This game is just bad. The gameplay is dull and boring and the story is just... well, it's like it was written for a B-movie. No, even worse, a Z-movie. The graphics are catastrophic even at high settings. A lot of customization was removed (gee, thanks a lot, Blizzard), and skill customization has to be ENABLED IN THE OPTIONS MENU. I was hoping I could do the same for the attributeThis game is just bad. The gameplay is dull and boring and the story is just... well, it's like it was written for a B-movie. No, even worse, a Z-movie. The graphics are catastrophic even at high settings. A lot of customization was removed (gee, thanks a lot, Blizzard), and skill customization has to be ENABLED IN THE OPTIONS MENU. I was hoping I could do the same for the attribute points, but guess what? NOPE! CHUCK TESTA! I'm mad as Tristram at Blizzard for pulling such a cruel and misfit joke on the gaming community, and that's why this game I shall rate with 0/10. It's trash, don't buy it, buy Torchlight 2. Expand
  47. May 21, 2012
    Worst diablo game yet.

Lag in SINGLE PLAYER GAMES. Constant server downtime to play a SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Blizzard condoning using real money to buy gold and items. This will allow bad players to charge their credit card in order to cheat and be the best. Inferno difficulty is designed to suck real money out of players. The game economy is intentionally ruined by Blizzard so they can
    Worst diablo game yet.

Lag in SINGLE PLAYER GAMES.
    Constant server downtime to play a SINGLE PLAYER GAME.

Blizzard condoning using real money to buy gold and items. This will allow bad players to charge their credit card in order to cheat and be the best. Inferno difficulty is designed to suck real money out of players. The game economy is intentionally ruined by Blizzard so they can have yet another cash cow. **** you blizzard. **** you.
  48. May 21, 2012
    The great thing about the Diablo franchise was the ability to immerse yourself in a wonderful environment wherever you are, whenever you want. Unfortunately Blizzard decided to become the new Zynga, and in doing so have completely destroyed a great franchise. It is hoped that they address this issue quickly and allow legitimate owners of the game the ability to play the game where theyThe great thing about the Diablo franchise was the ability to immerse yourself in a wonderful environment wherever you are, whenever you want. Unfortunately Blizzard decided to become the new Zynga, and in doing so have completely destroyed a great franchise. It is hoped that they address this issue quickly and allow legitimate owners of the game the ability to play the game where they want, when they want, and most importantly How they want. I don't play games online. My location doesn't allow high speed internet and so I avoid buying games or systems (read Xbox 360) that focus heavily on the online experience. I'm giving my game to the first homeless person I find. Why would I give this to someone that has absolutely no use for the game, and will never be able to play it? Well.. there's really no difference between their situation and mine. Except I paid good money on a worthless product. Expand
  49. May 21, 2012
    Short game. Horrific amount of errors or downtime. No ability to be played except on computers that have a good internet connection leaving me unable to play it most of the time. Legalized gold selling. Poor story. Awful servers. Ruined system of skills/attributes that seems more like WoW. No PvP except WoW clone arena. Worse than average graphics. Possibly worse play than Diablo 2.Short game. Horrific amount of errors or downtime. No ability to be played except on computers that have a good internet connection leaving me unable to play it most of the time. Legalized gold selling. Poor story. Awful servers. Ruined system of skills/attributes that seems more like WoW. No PvP except WoW clone arena. Worse than average graphics. Possibly worse play than Diablo 2. Expensive. Better free to play free to download games are available.

Just waiting until they start charging per month to all the people who "bought" the game.
  50. May 22, 2012
    I've played through the game on all difficulties and beat it within 4 days (taking breaks for work). Honestly, the game is terrible. It went from a dungeon crawler, like 1 and 2, to a game that is painfully linear. Blizzard has taken a game that you could play without using the internet and placed it on overloaded servers that they do not provide support for. The lag from theI've played through the game on all difficulties and beat it within 4 days (taking breaks for work). Honestly, the game is terrible. It went from a dungeon crawler, like 1 and 2, to a game that is painfully linear. Blizzard has taken a game that you could play without using the internet and placed it on overloaded servers that they do not provide support for. The lag from the aforementioned servers makes the game virtually unplayable at certain times, significantly decreasing the enjoyment of the player. The dynamics of the game itself have not changed despite the progressions in graphics capabilities and platforms. Blizzard chose to utilize a platform that both Mac and PC can use despite the fact that Direct X is significantly more common among PC gamers (no true gamer owns a Mac... they're garbage). This platform causes PC users' graphics cards to reach temperatures that not even BF3 induces. Now for the game itself, you cannot use your own keybinds, such as WSAD for movement, you're limited to four slots for abilities, not to mention the fact that there are numerous bugs within the game itself that limit performance. Diablo 3 was turned into a pure RNG game that has gear so poorly itemized throughout the entire game that it displays only the utmost disparaging incompetency in the designers. This game was far too simplistic, the characters never stop talking, the creatures and abilities are all from World of Warcraft (even with similar names to boot), this game lacks originality in every single form. They even had the audacity to reuse the Diablo 2 soundtrack for Diablo 3. I searched tirelessly for any small sign of originality or enjoyment in any aspect of this game. To my dismay, there was not a single one.
    For the fanboys out there (most of which who were born long after Diablo 2 was released), Blizzard is making this game pay-to-win. That's right! Pay-to-win! So you can use your parents credit cards and buy gear from the auction house! Rumor has it, these items will not be poorly itemized, and you get that extra special feeling when you show your friends how awesome those pixels are that you payed real money for!
    GG Blizz.
  51. May 22, 2012
    Where to begin with this one. Alright, so the game came out a week ago now and everyone has had a chance to play it. Launch day sucked, but that was semi-expected. But here's the problem now. This online only DRM **** has got to go in games. Blizzard integrated an online only feature to prevent hacking/piracy, yet the tables have turned on them - there is currently an exploit allowingWhere to begin with this one. Alright, so the game came out a week ago now and everyone has had a chance to play it. Launch day sucked, but that was semi-expected. But here's the problem now. This online only DRM **** has got to go in games. Blizzard integrated an online only feature to prevent hacking/piracy, yet the tables have turned on them - there is currently an exploit allowing people who have done nothing but play the game to have their session ids captured and then their accounts hacked. It doesn't require a trojan horse, it doesn't matter if you have an authenticator - it is a security hole that they overlooked. Even people who do not play in public games can be targeted by this exploit. It is absurd. Blizzard has shifted the entire burden of their problems to the user. Admittedly, they have to fix the exploit, but it is now the user who has to suffer for it because s/he cannot log in without having his/her account jeopardized. In terms of gameplay, I find the game pretty fun. A lot of the abilities (e.g. the Demon Hunter's) are WoW copies, but what makes it fun is switching out your abilities to prepare for certain styles of fights. The graphics, while not astounding, are pretty good. The storyline, while somewhat cheesy and predictable, is also entertaining. My only complaint about the gameplay is that Diablo 3 has always been a game that i've played with friends, so limiting party size to 4 is pretty weak.

The ultimate problem that I have with Diablo 3 is not the content of the game itself, but with how Blizzard has forced the user to comply with a lot of bs to play the game. Requiring online only play (even for single player), integrating a "real money auction house", removing lan play, and demonstrating inadequacy in terms of preparedness for launch and security measures are real concerns that the company has yet to honestly address. Instead of looking to their audience for feedback like other up and coming game companies, Blizzard has been banking on their reputation and abusing the end user, ultimately just seeing him or her as one of the many millions of suckers to have tolerated their ****. For the record, I'm one of them for now.
  52. May 22, 2012
    This game is very disappointing. The main problems are:1) there aren't really important innovations from Diablo2. 2)there isn't any kind of atmosphere(and that was very important in Diablo 2).3)the soundtrack sucks(and it's very similar but not as good as wow soundtrack).4)the skills and talent assignment is too simple.5) the drm online sistem(it's a good thing only if you can chooseThis game is very disappointing. The main problems are:1) there aren't really important innovations from Diablo2. 2)there isn't any kind of atmosphere(and that was very important in Diablo 2).3)the soundtrack sucks(and it's very similar but not as good as wow soundtrack).4)the skills and talent assignment is too simple.5) the drm online sistem(it's a good thing only if you can choose beetween play online or offline but that is not our case).6) you can't choose to make diablo 3 difficult from the beginning, you have to finish it one time in normal to see some real challange(but that makes it really boring).7)it's not dark as diablo I or II and in some aspects the graphics reminds me wow.8)the graphic looks old.. .I would ask only one thing to blizzard, if diablo 3 had to be so much different from the two other chapters of the series why call it diablo? Maybe to sell a lot of copies.. Sorry for my bad English but it's not my main language. Expand
  53. May 23, 2012
    For me this is really amazing game. Its still old and good Diablo just with some news, which made this game much better. Graphic is great (good enough for nowadays) but physic is cool. Easy to play and hard to be master.
  54. May 24, 2012
    I see it as a glorified Indie game. It's fun but not worth it's price-tag of ââ
  55. May 23, 2012
    Diablo III is a failure in so many aspects that it'd be impossible to put just in a few words why it's so bad and dissapointing. They had the time, they had de money and resources, they had experience in the gaming world and they also knew what their customers were expecting. Taking all that in consideration, I guess D3 is the biggest Fail in gaming history. To sum up, it has no soul.
  56. May 23, 2012
    Such a buggy mess on the performance side of things. Once things are fixed up I'll review my score.

Waited so long for what? Errors, glitches, stuttering, lag, DCs, poor servers?
  57. May 23, 2012
    Horribly over-hyped. First run was fun, but after reaching mid nightmare it was all the same. There is 0 replay value in d3, absolutely no end game content. Horrible decision to make it online-only DRM with no offline single player. Servers are always down or shutting down. Game was pushed out the door 60% complete and will forever be remembered as Blizzards downfall.
  58. May 23, 2012
    Cannot believe how disappointing this game has been to me. Blizzard completely missed the mark.

And yet they literally remain silent, hundreds of thousands of accounts are being hacked every single day because of a server loophole and they say and do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention the fact that blues are better than legionaries, and the ecenomic situation the auction house is in

Not to mention the fact that blues are better than legionaries, and the ecenomic situation the auction house is in due to the 5000 exploitable chests/bosses etc that are in this game, its not about grinding gear for inferno it's about grinding money for buying gear from the AH that people have exploited to farm inferno.
  59. May 24, 2012
    Every aspect of failure now live was spotted half a year ago by some keen minds familiar with real game design. Nothing was ever done about it. A real slap in the face. (link: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27832813210&sid=3000&pageNo=1)

I, along with everyone else, deserve $60 back. This should NOT have made it to the consumer market. It offends me I paid for this false advertising.

There is no substance in this game. There is no replay value. This software is terrible. No deep thought was invested into design of item/skill mechanics. Gameplay is mundane and monotonous. There is no rewards/profit system even fundamentally to keep players motivated. I fail to see how this Starcraft 2 mod (Diablo 3) made it past testing phase.
  60. May 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Good:

Graphics are fair enough, nothing groundbreaking, but not what I would describe as bad.

New skill system is fairly innovative and interesting.

The Bad:

Always-on DRM. Can't play this game without Blizz's servers up and a broadband internet connection.

The storyline is indescribably bad. Diablo walks into heaven and single handedly destroys it, and mounds and mounds of angels because evidently God doesn't care too terribly about his home being wrecked. And then Diablo then dies to a group of up to 4 nephelim (nephelim being somebody who has human and angelic parents), so: Angels > humans, Diablo > Angels, One Half Human-One Half Angel > Diablo. Makes perfect sense.

The controls, while being very similar to Diablo 2 are not at all optimized for the new skill system and there are no options for click-for-everything. As a result, especially for ranged classes, controls can feel clunky, especially in combination with the horrendous lag. Which brings me to my next point;

The lag is terrible thanks to the fact that 90% of the game is done through server-side processing. The game client installed locally on the user's computer does little more than contain the graphical assets and display them for the user. Movements, abilities, monsters, and all other operations performed in the game are processed by the server and as a result, have never seen a ping below 250ms. According to Blizzard this is A-OK (the latency bar stays green until you hit 300ms, at which point it will turn yellow). So at minimum, anything you do takes 1 quarter second before it ever actually happens. This leads to dying many times to monsters you thought you had plenty of distance away from.

Sadly, the boss battles are all boring. The only one that was of any interest to me was Belial. Diablo was pathetically easy. Just left click on him and hold down. That's about all there is to it.

Sad thing was, that even with the new skill system that few of the skills are ever really required, most of the time you can just left click your way to victory which really made the game feel very bland.

All in all, I bought Diablo 3 with low expectations since Blizzard hasn't been known as of late to produce quality material, yet sadly even my low expectations were let down. Diablo 3 is not worth $60 in even the most remote respect.
  61. May 25, 2012
    I'll start by saying the art is actually pretty nice.
    That being said, the music is absent or entirely forgettable.
    The "diverse" skill system actually just locks you into one-two viable builds once you hit inferno. The bosses are kind of an afterthought and designed to be easier than champion packs when they aren't just a walkover even at higher difficulties (magda lol) But the best thing
    I'll start by saying the art is actually pretty nice.
    That being said, the music is absent or entirely forgettable.
    But the best thing about this game where you hunt for cool items is they screwed up their itemization so bad, that there are actually no really cool items to look forward to, just an endless stream of flavorless blues and rares with inflated main stat. Don't look here for the fun item affixes like procs that would trigger spells or transformations, because in D3, NO FUN IS ALLOWED.
    Oh, and also you can tell from enough hours of play that they've really amped the scarcity on uniques/sets because hey it'll drive people to buy and sell on RMAH. If you don't intend to spend more money than the $60 full price you just dumped into it, there's a whole bunch of stuff you're not likely to ever see. Awesome!
    Honestly, this is a terrible package and once you hit max level and get a good grip on how the game systems work, you'll understand it doesn't even begin to have the replayability factor you would expect from the Diablo series. Do yourself a favor and go play something else, you can't say I didn't warn you.
  62. May 25, 2012
    I have never been so disappointed for a game in my life!! This took all the elements from Diablo 2 that people loved and trashed them, watered them down, and changed them for the worse. Now there's horrible voice acting, cartoonish characters, linear gameplay and skill choice, item dependency, annoying online DRM (a highly off-putting quality IMO), Inventory resizing, characters that can'tI have never been so disappointed for a game in my life!! This took all the elements from Diablo 2 that people loved and trashed them, watered them down, and changed them for the worse. Now there's horrible voice acting, cartoonish characters, linear gameplay and skill choice, item dependency, annoying online DRM (a highly off-putting quality IMO), Inventory resizing, characters that can't "use" melee/ranged items.... The list goes on and on. After hours of giving the game a chance to impress me and moving all the way to Act 3, I was absolutely disgusted how boring, childish, and overall fake everything came out to be. The atmosphere of the game isn't dark enough and I don't feel like I have any control over the outcome of the character. This game does not deserve the word Diablo in its title!! Honest to God I went out and sold the game to someone my cousin knew and helped them change the blizzard account information. YEAH.. IT WAS THAT TERRIBLE.... Blizzard, you honestly blew it. SOOOO Disappointing....... Expand
  63. May 25, 2012
    The only reason diablo 3 sold so many copies is the success of diablo and diablo 2. If you're a casual gamer that wants to spend 10-15 hours on a hack and slash game, I'd rate this game 7/10, if you're a diablo fan and expect to play a diablo game, I'd rate it 0/10.

When you buy a diablo game, you expect a certain type of gameplay, atmosphere and graphics, diablo 3 doesn't deliver any of that. There's diablo clones that are more like the original diablo games than diablo 3, that's just unacceptable. The graphics style is cartoonish, and the general atmosphere of the game is nothing like the gothic, diabolic and hellish atmosphere of the previous games. The graphics are bad for a 2012 game, but thats not very important, the style is'nt unique or memorable, its like the WoW designers were working on diablo 3. The story is unacceptably short for a 2012 game. Character customization was very important in previous games, however, in diablo 3 it's virtually non existent. This game isn't a hardcore rogue-action hack and slash PC RPG, it feels like a bad port of some console hack and slash game like Dark Alliance. I would rate this game higher if blizzard didn't try to earn money by abusing the diablo franchise, they should have given the game a different name. This is an obvious attempt to earn more money by making the game extremely simple, and thus accessible to casual gamers, but simple boring games like diablo 3 die fast. I can't imagine people that would be willing to play diablo 3 in 10 years, as is the case with diablo 2, in fact, I can't imagine why people would want to play this game more than a few days at most. I've been playing diablo 2 on LAN with my friends since its release, of course there were breaks when I didn't play it for a year or two, but so far none of my friends (including myself) have enjoyed diablo 3.
  64. May 25, 2012
    A bland monetization centric end to a legacy IP. Do yourself a favor and don't waste time on this unless you are fine with playing this game exactly as Blizzard wants you to.
    Also if you expect anything like Diablo1 or 2 play torchlight 2 instead cause this is not it!
  65. May 25, 2012
    Having fun playing the game WHEN I am able to. Most of the time my latency is well over 2000ms and rubber bands constantly. This game is sorely in need of an offline mode and Blizzard just does not care to include one.

Mechanics wise everything is pretty solid though the loss of the ability to dictate where skill points are spent is pretty weak as it removes a strong element of customization.

Overall I am disappointed that I spent $60 for this and have gone back to playing the much more user friendly Torchlight 2.
  66. May 25, 2012
    Continuous server downtime, unable to play single-player due to Blizzard server issues. Auction house has been down more than up. HORRIBLE lag that Blizzard insists is MY fault.
  67. May 26, 2012
    Played Diablo II and LoD for years. Too many years. I was so excited about this game and looking forward to it for so long, all to be completely disappointed. The only reason Blizzard brought this title back out was for a quick money grab. And the RMAH? Comon' bliz. you sneaky **** jews. Things like the potion cooldown, itemization, and the importance of gear is what kills it for me.Played Diablo II and LoD for years. Too many years. I was so excited about this game and looking forward to it for so long, all to be completely disappointed. The only reason Blizzard brought this title back out was for a quick money grab. And the RMAH? Comon' bliz. you sneaky **** jews. Things like the potion cooldown, itemization, and the importance of gear is what kills it for me. Please Blizzard, you are the leader in gaming; You are the company that other game developers will follow. This game is a horrible 'role model' for others to follow. Horribly developed, hardly tested. In fact, admittedly NOT tested. You are a joke Blizzard. Go **** yourselves. Expand
  68. May 26, 2012
    Graphics: look like 2005 or older.
    Diablo 1 and 2 looked and felt dark and epic. Diablo 3 looks and feels like Warcraft or WOW not Diablo 1 and 2.
    Graphics: look like 2005 or older.
    Diablo 3 requires internet even for single player. What if i want to game on the road or up in the mountains on a laptop with no net? This means YOU DO NOT TRULY own the game. Hackers will find a way to play this single player someday without blizzard servers and no thanks to Blizzy for their natze tactics. The future of games seems to be going in a bad direction and Diablo III is proof.
    Blizzard, PS4, XBOX 720 are all heading to dictatorships. Wii U will own the next gen market because of this. I will never again buy a blizzard game that requires DRM, I will not buy PS4 or Xbox next gen. I will buy Wii U and i will collect Retro Games from now on. Diablo III took 12 years to make and I finished it in 10 hours and did not enjoy the story. I can go on and on. I HATE DIABLO III and BLIZZARD. YOU BURNED ME.
  69. May 26, 2012
    Single player on-line only DRM=Fail.

Single player on-line only DRM=Fail.

This decision was not just about keeping piracy at bay(the pirates thus far have gotten around this anyway), it was also the Auction House bringing in more revenue and controlling player files on the server. I will not be purchasing this game along with a separate authenticator purchase. It's a shame that Blizzard has fallen from grace. Paying customers=0/Pirates and hackers=1

I would like to have a N/A rating but the site won't allow it. Too bad.....0.
  70. May 26, 2012
    I bought this game with the hope that it would be a classic, following in D2 footsteps. Alas it is a WOW clone which I find basically boring. Nothing really inventive or creative. The DRM is a deal-breaker for me. Sure, MMO's need to be online to play. But why make a user playing in single-player mode suffer through server downtimes and non-playability when they have don't have internet orI bought this game with the hope that it would be a classic, following in D2 footsteps. Alas it is a WOW clone which I find basically boring. Nothing really inventive or creative. The DRM is a deal-breaker for me. Sure, MMO's need to be online to play. But why make a user playing in single-player mode suffer through server downtimes and non-playability when they have don't have internet or your ISP has problems. When I buy a game I expect to own it. But in today's game business thinking, you're paying for the privilege to play when the owner allows it. If the owner goes away, is hacked, or has technical problems, then you're SOL on playing this game. After reading other's reviews, some are saying we shouldn't judge a game based on its DRM. Reviews like those make me think they're being written by the game's developers or publishers. To those folks I say you're ridiculous. When a ridiculous DRM prevents you from playing an expensive game, then it should indeed be considered when reviewing it.

As for me, I'll continue playing since I bought the game and want some amount of enjoyment from it. But I'll also look for a cracked EXE or similar thing that shuts off the DRM so I can play without a net connection. It's my right to have the ability to play the game when I want - with or without a net connection.
  71. May 29, 2012
    I bought this game last night, was able to log in for about 5 minutes then battle.net went down. Tried again this morning and bnet was down again. No offline single player + crappy servers mean this game gets a big fat 0 for being totally unplayable.
  72. May 29, 2012
    Great game, love playing it, but that's the problem. Why does it feel like I bought a temporary license to play a game. Servers are up and down. Auction house works "sometimes" and the fact that I have to be online to play is rather annoying. If it was an MMO it would be expected, but come on, this isn't an mmo. Max players you can have in a game is 4. There is no PvP. (yet) butGreat game, love playing it, but that's the problem. Why does it feel like I bought a temporary license to play a game. Servers are up and down. Auction house works "sometimes" and the fact that I have to be online to play is rather annoying. If it was an MMO it would be expected, but come on, this isn't an mmo. Max players you can have in a game is 4. There is no PvP. (yet) but really, having to be online at all times to play a game, that some can say it's suppose to be a multi-player game, but if i can't play it single player offline, not that fun when you have to wait for servers to be up. Like i said great game, but if i can't play it when i want to, and it's not an MMO, than it can have a low score. Expand
  73. May 29, 2012
    Even ignoring the atrocious status of the servers, making it impossible to play two weeks after release, the game is unoriginal. Don't get me wrong, it's a solid game, but they took Diablo 2, gutted the skill system slapped on new graphics and failed to deliver on basically any of their extravagant pre-release promises.
  74. May 29, 2012
    This game is unplayable for most of the time that I want to play it - even SINGLE PLAYER. This is totally unacceptable as the always-on DRM is only in place to protect their pay-to-win real money auction house.

We are witnessing the downfall of PC gaming right in front of our eyes.

Do Not Buy.
  75. May 31, 2012
    This game forces you to play online, then does server maintenence whenever they feel like it, for 3 times the duration that they "expect" it to be. After maintenence , bugs still occur all the time. Basically you as a consumer are not respected, are totally dispensable to blizzard, and clearly blizzard does not give a crap about you , thinking they can do whatever the hell they want andThis game forces you to play online, then does server maintenence whenever they feel like it, for 3 times the duration that they "expect" it to be. After maintenence , bugs still occur all the time. Basically you as a consumer are not respected, are totally dispensable to blizzard, and clearly blizzard does not give a crap about you , thinking they can do whatever the hell they want and you will still pay them Expand
  76. May 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With 120 hours of playtime, the game is done. Broken mechanics, tedious, not hard(One-hit KO from out of sight creatures is the new hard). Zero customization.
    Once an attack animation starts, it cannot be dodged.
    You do not fight, you run around and try not to get hit while laying down AOEs. With heavy WoW influence, you now see "enrage timers", which is a simple "You die".
    The game is centered completely around the real money auction house to fill greedy pockets. Loot is entirely TOO random. You get a class specific item with the entire opposite of needed stats.
    Exploits and bots are everywhere.
    Extreme amounts of compromised accounts, and all Blizzard can say is "get an authenticator".
    Case insensitive passwords, weak measures against brute force attacks.
    Blizzard forum moderators are insulting and offensive.
    The forums are filled with trolls, and any constructive criticism is locked/deleted off of the forums if Blizzard doesn't like it. The troll posts stay much longer.

If you buy this game in the near future, understand you are purchasing your way into what really seems like beta testing. The games core mechanics were drastically changed 4 weeks prior to release with no testing, and Inferno was never tested properly.

If you want to pay to win, open your wallet, you might have a good time.
  77. May 30, 2012
    this game is total garbage. a downgrade in every aspect. such a disgrace to the diablo franchise... only wow fanboys enjoying this game, they buy every fukin game by activizzard, only to complete their b.net accs, just stupid. and the funny thing is, their ingame town called orgrimmar has more complexity than this crap game -.- biiiig disappointment... "the game was total garbage..." "andthis game is total garbage. a downgrade in every aspect. such a disgrace to the diablo franchise... only wow fanboys enjoying this game, they buy every fukin game by activizzard, only to complete their b.net accs, just stupid. and the funny thing is, their ingame town called orgrimmar has more complexity than this crap game -.- biiiig disappointment... "the game was total garbage..." "and then we doubled it" - Jay Wilson Expand
  78. Jun 1, 2012
    I've played around a 100 hours of Diablo 3 and I can say I have an accurate grasp overall on the release. Yes, the critic reviews are positive. My review would be too if I only played for a few hours on normal. The game doesn't have much replay value so leveling past your first hero might get boring. The auction house is dreadful; it rarely works, has a very limited post limit, and isI've played around a 100 hours of Diablo 3 and I can say I have an accurate grasp overall on the release. Yes, the critic reviews are positive. My review would be too if I only played for a few hours on normal. The game doesn't have much replay value so leveling past your first hero might get boring. The auction house is dreadful; it rarely works, has a very limited post limit, and is incredibly inflated. Inferno mode is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I've cleared through most of it (painstakingly) but it literally wasn't even tested by Blizzard. A lot of down time combined with many late game inconveniences makes this the biggest gaming disappointment in years. Expand
  79. Jun 1, 2012
    One week game. The new game director misunderstood what diablo 2 was about, he thinks random = fun, its not. Choice and relationship between random and fixed stats were fun in d2, and d3 fails to deliver. Everything (every build, weapon costumisation) feels the same.
  80. Jun 4, 2012
    Oh Activision, how you have utterly ruined the greatest gaming franchise in history.
    This entire game is based around Activision making money with the in-game real money auction house.
    Any opinions to the contrary are simply wrong. There was no motivation other than greed for making this game. This game plays like a version of D2 that was made for 5 year olds. No customization, vastly
    This game plays like a version of D2 that was made for 5 year olds. No customization, vastly reduced loot tables, legendary items are terrible, set items are impossible to find.
    There are absolutely zero redeeming qualities to this game.
    Do NOT buy it.
  81. Jul 27, 2012
    Bad uniques, bad set items, no crafted items, no eth items, no jewels, no runes, no charms, no runewords, generally bad loot tables, smith not balanced, juwel guy not balanced, enemies not balanced, kite n run instead of hack n slay gameplay, no gameflow at all between act 1 and 2 inferno, bad balance of classes and skills, no pvp at all, steady serverproblems combined with no offlineBad uniques, bad set items, no crafted items, no eth items, no jewels, no runes, no charms, no runewords, generally bad loot tables, smith not balanced, juwel guy not balanced, enemies not balanced, kite n run instead of hack n slay gameplay, no gameflow at all between act 1 and 2 inferno, bad balance of classes and skills, no pvp at all, steady serverproblems combined with no offline singleplay mode, chat bots, ingame bots, auctionhouse bots, exploiters that made billions and billions of gold worth ten thousands of dollars ruining the auctionhouse market. Take this list. Apply it to a game. Rate the game. Do it honest. Expand
  82. Jun 6, 2012
    I have nothing new to add. I'm experiancing the same server problems as everyone else. I understand the need for server maintenance, but then again Google never goes down. It may be a technical thing to do with game servers but I rarely have a problem with the Steam servers.

Still that's all moot since none of it would be an issue at all if there were a seperate offline mode available. I used to hold Blizzard up on a pedestal with Valve as an all round good game developer but a single player game that relies on an always on connection to unreliable servers? It's utterly ridiculous.
  83. Jun 6, 2012
    The main problem with this game is that it's just boring. Mobs, items, story...all are just goddamn boring.
    Second major problem is the always online requirement. **** that for a joke for a single player game (and don't tell me this is a multiplayer game - single play is a major component). Server down for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance? Too bad, you can't play the game. **** you Blizzard. At least Dawnguard is coming out soon and I can get back to a proper game.
  84. Jun 8, 2012
    Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares maybe sell 1 decent rare on auction house, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, buy gear on auction house, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares.

That's pretty much the

That's pretty much the game. I strongly suggest skipping this one folks.

***********************************60 Barbarian 180 hours played, 25 million gold spent on gear, currently in act 3 inferno, not really getting anywhere
  85. Jun 11, 2012
    I am willing to look past the launch day errors and habitual server problems. However, I am not able to look past the flatness of Diablo 3's game play and storylines. I really can't see myself playing this game anymore; I mean how many times can a person do the same acts over and over before it becomes boring and tedious?
  86. Jun 11, 2012
    This gets a zero for the terrible story. Metzen went through the motions and churned out an incredibly flawed plot that made any Diablo fan squirm in their chair. Gameplay wise, it was fun...until you hit the Hell is too easy, Act II inferno is too hard spot and you must pray that the RNG is kind enough to grant you strong enough gear to auction or use. If you aren't that lucky, enjoyThis gets a zero for the terrible story. Metzen went through the motions and churned out an incredibly flawed plot that made any Diablo fan squirm in their chair. Gameplay wise, it was fun...until you hit the Hell is too easy, Act II inferno is too hard spot and you must pray that the RNG is kind enough to grant you strong enough gear to auction or use. If you aren't that lucky, enjoy your ever lengthening resurrection timer. Expand
  87. Jun 19, 2012
    Not only this game is incredibly boring and repetitive, but the always-on DRM means you can't play offline--meaning when your without internet or during the numerous and lengthy maintenance periods. A complete rip-off.
  88. Jun 20, 2012
    Biggest letdown of 2012 by far. This game had so many promises, so much potential, and such an AMAZING franchise. Sucks to see blizz pissed it all away when pure, unadulterated greed that is the real money auction house (RMAH). This game no longer has a soul. It is no longer fun. It is no longer Diablo. Blizzard took a great game, gutted it, and filled it with useless "fluff"Biggest letdown of 2012 by far. This game had so many promises, so much potential, and such an AMAZING franchise. Sucks to see blizz pissed it all away when pure, unadulterated greed that is the real money auction house (RMAH). This game no longer has a soul. It is no longer fun. It is no longer Diablo. Blizzard took a great game, gutted it, and filled it with useless "fluff" catering to the more casual of gamers. But heres the caveat, you have to be a "rich" gamer to actually progress. You see, Blizz **** all progression without the use of the RMAH. Thats right!! In order to progress, you have to shell out more money. For a SINGLE decent piece of gear, you are looking at $200+. To kick their fanbase in the nuts so more, after spending all this money on these "virtual gear", they do a global nerf, destroying its use completely. Thats right! After shelling out all this money for a new BMW, the repossess it and dumped you with a 1985 toyota tercel. Shame on you blizz! Expand
  89. Jun 22, 2012
    IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU: My account was banned, Blizzard claimed I had unauthorized third party software on my computer. I have no idea what they are talking about, I've come up with a list of things I have installed that might be causing the problem. Dual boot linux, Avast antivirus, Logitech gaming keyboard, and the f.lux brightness tool. Nothing even related to D3. If you buy this game,IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU: My account was banned, Blizzard claimed I had unauthorized third party software on my computer. I have no idea what they are talking about, I've come up with a list of things I have installed that might be causing the problem. Dual boot linux, Avast antivirus, Logitech gaming keyboard, and the f.lux brightness tool. Nothing even related to D3. If you buy this game, be warned: Blizzard can take it away from you at any time and they don't even have to justify it. Expand
  90. Jun 23, 2012
    The game itself is probably fine but the attitude that Blizzard is treating its community and their intention to drive everyone to use RMAH is outrage. 0/10
  91. Jul 14, 2012
    Blizzard promised a game that would be fun to play (it was -- briefly), feature prominent PvP (it doesn't have it at all), and would be viable to play long after reaching level 60 (it's not). Instead, they delivered mediocrity tailored to maximizing profits, in particular by manipulating drop rates in order to increase prices on the RMAH. Blizzard is not the company they were in 2000. TheyBlizzard promised a game that would be fun to play (it was -- briefly), feature prominent PvP (it doesn't have it at all), and would be viable to play long after reaching level 60 (it's not). Instead, they delivered mediocrity tailored to maximizing profits, in particular by manipulating drop rates in order to increase prices on the RMAH. Blizzard is not the company they were in 2000. They are a single-minded corporate driven money-making behemoth, There is nothing wrong with that, except that those companies make games designed to make them money, not games designed to deliver players a great experience and extensive replayability. Wish I could get my money back. None of my 15 or so friends that started playing this game in May still play it. Not one kept playing more than 6 weeks. If you haven't bought it yet, avoid it like the plague. Expand
  92. Jul 15, 2012
    Is it made in China?Oh, dam* game !(*=n)
    A huge disappointment, no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up, WoW inspired skills.Why is there no LAN?
  93. Jul 22, 2012
    Ok I'm not even going to touch the abysmal dialogue or the bland characters or the storyline that's something out of Disney mixed with Power Rangers. This is a loot game, on with the gameplay.

Itemization sucks. It's very bland, nothing interesting. You're hunting for mainly 3 of the same stats for all your gear slots in order to be successful. If an item doesn't have one, most of the time it's complete garbage. The odds of an item rolling said 3 stats along with good value rolls on those stats are infuriating.

The difficulty is okay for Normal->Hell. Pretty easy. But the best stuff drops in Inferno, the gear-check difficulty. And if you don't have the gear with those 3 stats in all your slots you will get slaughtered. And chances are you won't have the gear. This is where the fun with the AH starts. You start buying gear for stats in order to progress, and that's where it stops being fun.

Inferno is not a challenge for the sake of challenge, it's a progression difficulty - a means to an end with cheap MMO mechanics built in like enrage timers and rez timers to make you either pull your hair out grinding earlier difficulties or use the AH. On that note, the loot that drops is not quality loot most of the time because of the sole existence of the AH.

Basically, it's a chore. A second job with no real rewards. You're grinding for uninteresting loot for that marginal .5% mitigation and 1% dps increase in order to progress to a later act. Once you do that, you face another brick wall. Gear doesn't enforce build diversity, and the cheap mechanics of "difficulty" shoehorn you into a certain build, narrowing build diversity even further.

Diablo 3 is not the wors game I've ever played. Diablo 3 is the worst letdown of a game from such a trusted company like Blizzard Entertainment. And I thought FFXIII was a letdown.
  94. Jul 22, 2012
    After played for 200hr (lv 60 wizard and monk, stopped at inferno A3), I realized this is a bad game. Why does it take that long for me to know that? Because I kept telling myself, "Blizzard does not make bad games, there are something better later in the game." I was going to write a long review as to why I think it is a bad game. Then, I just simply don't care about anymore. I left thisAfter played for 200hr (lv 60 wizard and monk, stopped at inferno A3), I realized this is a bad game. Why does it take that long for me to know that? Because I kept telling myself, "Blizzard does not make bad games, there are something better later in the game." I was going to write a long review as to why I think it is a bad game. Then, I just simply don't care about anymore. I left this review for anyone who has not bought the game yet. DON'T DO IT. It is not 200hr of fun, it is 200hr thinking "it will get better later." I feel really bad getting all my friends playing D3 since all of them quite already. So if I can just save one person from buying this awful game, I will feel much better. Expand
  95. Jul 24, 2012
    This game is reasonably entertaining for the first 20 hours or so (time for a run through normal->hell)

but after that it has quite literally 0 end game except for farming gold and buying from ah. In addition the combat is frustrating and progression is even more frustrating. Yes this is an ARPG that uses the term progression to describe you going through content. This game is essentially a single player top down version of WoW, Sounds like your kind of thing? Good, but not what the majority wanted from the successor to the greatest ARPG of all time.

Gets a 0 for taking money under false pretense of this being a sequel to diablo.
  96. Jul 27, 2012
    Let me start off by saying that this is NOT a Diablo game. It is a World of Warcraft-ish spinoff in which Blizzard slapped their name on. Avid fans of Diablo1 and D2 need not apply! This game is completely lacking of all/any end-game content. Furthermore, they plan to implement a noncompetitive arena only based PvP system for 4v4s ONLY, which is still months away, and they haven'tLet me start off by saying that this is NOT a Diablo game. It is a World of Warcraft-ish spinoff in which Blizzard slapped their name on. Avid fans of Diablo1 and D2 need not apply! This game is completely lacking of all/any end-game content. Furthermore, they plan to implement a noncompetitive arena only based PvP system for 4v4s ONLY, which is still months away, and they haven't released any plans for any other endgame yet... But they have stated they have some prospects. I wouldn't get my hopes up given their track record since release.

Item grinding, at ridiculously low drop rates (lower than d2), is their current version of endgame and the drop rates have taken into account their RMAH and GAH (real money auction house; gold auction house) systems. What's even worse is that upon the low droprates of say, a legendary, you also have to hope RNG shows you love on property rolls on that item.... For EACH property. With that being said, don't plan on progressing in this game alone.... And with that being said don't plan on playing this game in multiplayer, because the game becomes heavily lopsided so punish multiplayer games, unless you and your team are ridiculously geared and skilled and have plenty of time to waste. Instead of progressing yourself, you will mainly find yourself farming gold, not items, for auction house progression.

The game was released in online mode only to protect the players from botting, hacks, etc but that promise fell through as bots have already ruined the economy and continue to run rampant, exacerbating inflation. Simply put, the online mode only, that is required, only protected Blizzard from people playing with pirated copies instead of protecting all parties involved.

The dev team is very poor about the implementation of fixes, the game is riddled with bugs and exploits from an extremely limited beta testing phase. Truth be told, this game is in a paid beta state and that's me being nice.

To make matter worse, Blizzard upholds their reputation to cater to the general playerbase skill level, so hardcore people and elites need not apply. Inferno mode, the original difficulty intended for "the few skilled and dedicated players" was nerfed less than a month after release. And not a well thought out nerf either, a "everyone can now do this" type nerf. Nerf nerf nerf, that's all this game has been so far. Simply put, this game is fun for maybe 100 hours. Anything more is a job. You can be the judge of if you want to spend 60$ on it for that kind of time. However, past that the game is quite terrible. Other than having nice graphics it has nothing really going for it. It's just a game with multiple WoW systems implemented and a Diablo name stamped on the box (for sales).

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  97. Aug 25, 2012
    Visuals - as my casual gamer sister said when she caught me playing diablo 3: the graphics are way too Ragnarok-like for a game about demons. For me it would kind of work if the graphics were oriented for a game such as Bastion but it just doesn´t fit the mood here; maybe I´m not the target market for this stuff, perhaps it was never intended for a mature audience. But evenVisuals - as my casual gamer sister said when she caught me playing diablo 3: the graphics are way too Ragnarok-like for a game about demons. For me it would kind of work if the graphics were oriented for a game such as Bastion but it just doesn´t fit the mood here; maybe I´m not the target market for this stuff, perhaps it was never intended for a mature audience. But even then starcraft 2 is graphically darker than this.
    Leveling up - the whole chain of evolution is visually available from the very beginning and as you receive new abilities just by leveling up you test them and see their uselessness and go back to your previous killer formula. You have no paths to choose and/or costumize your character, it 's just a straight line ahead without much thinking nor branch working.
    Level design - as most maps are "randomly" generated you should finished them the first time you encounter them since if you logout and login minutes later the whole configuration will be disposed in a different lego-like block struture. This is nice in a way because it gives a more "challenging" map but as you don't interact very much with the scenery, the traps in it for you to use against enemies are useless, you just pass through a painterly wallpaper most of the time having enemies mostly as a mean to reduce game progression. Besides the dungeons everthing is a straight line and even the dungeons only serve to explore and find the audiologs in diaries form, which works a lot better in bioshock than here. A world-map sandbox universe would have worked wonders here (zelda like or even metroid like), instead they made as straight lined as Final Fantasy XIII, probably even more.
    History: everything is so handed down and the hand holding just never stops, pretty much this whole game history can be totally explained in 4 phrases. And don't get me wrong, they have some nice points, although I still have my doubts about what deserved a CGI cutscene and what didn't, the way which it was treated and served mostly ruined it for me, a very Disney/Pixar approach.
    I just finished a demon hunter 4 Acts playthrough and I had as friendly AI to fight the demons a thief, an arcanist and a templar like guy. Where were the monks, mages and wizards? And Tyrael's uselessness is unbelievable...
    I wonder how courageous or just ill-willing the producers were to pull this out and give us a collector edition with diablo 2 and its expasion along with it. Probably just lazy and greedy.
    On its own it's hardly one of the worst games I've played but not in the spectrum of the bests either. Also it doesn't add anything new to the mixture, so it doesn't even have the excuse of being experimental. Sadly more disappointing than starcraft 2.
  98. Aug 7, 2012
    So.. I just returner from vacation, hadn't much to do so I launched diablo iii to play my lvl 60 monk. I haven' t played diablo for at least 20 days.... and what a surprise: after 10 minutes of playing i was so bored that i quit the game and went to watch some TV. That says all. The game has the most boring and repetitive gameplay ever. You start playing at normal.. way to easy andSo.. I just returner from vacation, hadn't much to do so I launched diablo iii to play my lvl 60 monk. I haven' t played diablo for at least 20 days.... and what a surprise: after 10 minutes of playing i was so bored that i quit the game and went to watch some TV. That says all. The game has the most boring and repetitive gameplay ever. You start playing at normal.. way to easy and boring.. then nightmare .. same here.. hell is a little bit more challenging but you have already defeated diablo 2 times already so is still boring.. Inferno is a complete gear check ( that means you don't need skill to advance but good gear which you can only BUY from auction house unless you want to spend more than 1000 hours playing the same and the same act until you finally get a decent item) BTW i haven 't still found ANY set item until now... Don't buy this game unless you have 60e to throw away (and also plenty of time) Expand
  99. Sep 3, 2012
    Unfortunately, the vast potential this game had and still has, got wasted without care by Blizzard.

This review is written on my impressions since release until now. (Patch 1.0.4) Even though Jay Wilson himself stated that "D3 is a loot based game", 99% of the items you find are not usable. This goes to the point where you play the game for over 250 hours and haven't found any

This review is written on my impressions since release until now. (Patch 1.0.4)

Even though Jay Wilson himself stated that "D3 is a loot based game", 99% of the items you find are not usable. This goes to the point where you play the game for over 250 hours and haven't found any upgrade for your character. The implementation of a in-game auction house was not a bad idea in general. Due to the lack of finding good items yourself you are forced to use this machinery, but unfortunately there are big flaws in it, too. Every item you sell on the gold AH receives a 15 % fee, thus even if you find an item to sell, Blizzard takes 15 % of it away. Furthermore, the prices suffered from a severe inflation, which was caused by countless botters that are still botting without enough reaction of Blizzard. Countless websites sell gold now for about one dollar per million, while the starting price for a million was at about 50 dollars. The addition of the real money auction house is nothing but a rip-off. I somewhat understand that Blizzard wants their part of the cake in a game without monthly subscriptions, but when the best items in game can only be afforded with real currency it goes too far. More about the game itself: Boring and repetitive. You have to play 3 different difficulties before you can finally reach the highest difficulty where, in theory, the best items can be found. The funny thing about this is that all different difficulties have the absolute same storyline. Dull and tedious as that is, there is not even more alteration when you finally reach Inferno, the highest difficulty. There you can finally farm for items, but also only one specific chapter in the game for the best efficiency. (Time-input compared to loot quality)

A player VS player option or an endlesshuge dungeon with increasing difficulty could outcome this dullness, but none of these exist until now. The game literally got released in an unfinished state with insane amounts of bugs and possible exploits. Last but not least a huge and unacceptable problem is the lack of communication between developers and players. The diablo forum is literally filled with thousands of posts either complaining about flaws in the game or providing great ideas to improve the game. The feedback is simply ignored. Sometimes easily a week goes by until a Blizzard official posts in the forums, and most of the time the threads that are answered are of no real concern while very important ones that could benefit the game are simply ignored. The lack of communication is also reflected when it comes to game balancing. There were several instances in the game's history where patches were announced that the majority of the community didn't want. Never did Blizzard reconsider their decision or maybe try to find a compromise between player wishes and their plans. When they decided something, it had to be; play the game like they want or don't play it, it seems. The problem with this is, that players, who put a lot of time, effort and in many cases even real money into their characters, one day woke up with a character that has been nerfed to complete uselessness. (When they nerf something, they don't make it fair, the destroy it completely.) In the current state there is one class (Barbarian) which is far superior to all classes in terms of farming efficiency, all other classes have either been nerfed to the ground or were not as good from the beginning. This also encourages players to play only one class and makes the game even more monotone.

All in all I can only give this game a 4 out of 10 in it's current state. There is still potential, alterations like buffing all classes to the state of barbarians, increasing loot quality, implementing content providing variety and listening to the community could help this game reach the state of a all time classic like Diablo 2 was, even exceed this classic. But to be honest, even though I still hope for a change, I highly doubt there will be one, as the new developer team just doesn't seem to care.
  100. Oct 14, 2012
    It's interesting to see how some people come up with certain visions with this game that are completely untrue:

Xon - The game is well balanced / The story suffices - The game is anything but balanced. All the classes are completely broken, especially the Barbarian which seems to get buffed every patch while every other class gets nerfed. With the new monster power system coming

Xon - The game is well balanced / The story suffices

- The game is anything but balanced. All the classes are completely broken, especially the Barbarian which seems to get buffed every patch while every other class gets nerfed. With the new monster power system coming in, it makes absolutely no sense to play any other class other than a Barbarian. This should put up a red flag about the supposed balance. The story is lame at best; professional script writers have actually poked fun at D3's story as being one of the worst story line's they've ever seen.

Karma_Police - Everything that makes a good game is there / "when" they polish the game the game could be the best game in pc history / Blizzard fixing the issues.

- Haha ok this is a real doozy here.. how much exactly have you had to drink when you wrote that? The only thing the game has that could even remotely considered to make it great is it's graphics. It lacks everything else, from the music, to the balance, down to the non-randomness of the maps. They aren't fixing anything, they take about 150 steps backwards with each patch, tipping the scales in favor of not only Barbarians but a small % of players who use the rmah. Things like this have been pointed out since it's release. The only thing Karma has right is the loot system is crap, as well as, the DRM.,

For those of you looking at this and wavering on whether or not to buy D3; you need to know the truth, and not be subjected to these lies these 2 have put forth.

The only way this game will work for you is if you don't plan on progressing past Normal mode (which should take you maybe 35hrs of playtime at most. If your happy with spending $60 on that, then this game is for you. Keep in mind.. the 35hrs play time will probably take you about 200hrs real time due to the constant errors.
  101. Jun 3, 2012
    Here is a 26 page thread on the official Diablo 3 forum dated June 2, 2012.:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578592473. It is an honest up to date view of how registered players rate D3. Gone are the rage reviews from the initial start up when players were unable to access and play D3 for 2 days after it's release. Gone are the reviews rated "10" for people trying to counteract
    Here is a 26 page thread on the official Diablo 3 forum dated June 2, 2012.:

It is an honest up to date view of how registered players rate D3. Gone are the rage reviews from the initial start up when players were unable to access and play D3 for 2 days after it's release. Gone are the reviews rated "10" for people trying to counteract the rage reviews. Also gone are the reviews by "professional raters", the critics that write reviews and work for magazines and web sites that rely on money recieved for advertising from game manufacturer's: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Launch-Fiasco-Proves-Video-Game-Journalism-Fails-42624.html. The average user rating shows 6.0 to 6.5. The thread says it all.

1. Aug 31, 2012