3.9

1. May 15, 2012
    Within 20 hours of trying to start this game I didn't manage to. I saw D3 on my friend's pc and it was... poor. Very easy, faded/blury graphics, automatic skills (are we 5 yo?), average music. D2 is sooo much better (personally, for me D1 is the best). I waited in the line for 5h during the night to get this game. For 20h I try to run it (errors 37 and 75). Sorry Blizzard, you failed. Rate: 0.
  2. May 15, 2012
    How is it possible to release a game this broken. First of all it is damn near impossible to play the game with all the Errors and bugs on the server and the un-catering for efficient amount of users to play the game when they made the decision to make the game Online ONLY. Second, the little bit that I did play has nothing compared to what diablo 2 offered 12 years ago. This game seemsHow is it possible to release a game this broken. First of all it is damn near impossible to play the game with all the Errors and bugs on the server and the un-catering for efficient amount of users to play the game when they made the decision to make the game Online ONLY. Second, the little bit that I did play has nothing compared to what diablo 2 offered 12 years ago. This game seems like a cheap cash in. They took Diablo and made it into a WoWish diablo game.

Look I know that they started to cater for the casual crowd but hell, this game even goes beyond that!!

Do NOT buy this. Atleast wait until the servers are working as they SHOULD be.
  3. May 15, 2012
    Don't even think of buying this game at the moment. It's been released when the servers clearly cannot handle the current demand. You'll be left £44.99 out of pocket (if you bought it at Blizzard's online prices) and you'll get to enter your password for a couple of hours until you give up.

Absolutely disgusting service.
  4. May 15, 2012
    Can't even log in to play the game. Unbelievable that they didn't plan ahead for this. Thousands are trolling and complaining in forums. A major Fail! It's not like they didn't have the money to make the servers bullet proof -.-' I hate the game already. Thanks Blizz for ruining D3 for me.
  5. May 15, 2012
    know that from WOW experience. check that on burn test D3. and now, when you buy it, you cant play it! great for peoples who take holiday for that. support from india or what? have only few money, poor blizzard for more servers?
  6. May 15, 2012
    I'm not sure who at Blizz/Activision thought it was a good idea *cough* Bobby Kotick *cough*, but loot is the reason for this game! It's not a lie or point of opinion, if you played as much D2 or Diablo 2 knock offs as me you know that's the drive, hell back when D3 was first previewing Blizzard at the time said so themselves ( I also got to play the game back then it was WAAY better andI'm not sure who at Blizz/Activision thought it was a good idea *cough* Bobby Kotick *cough*, but loot is the reason for this game! It's not a lie or point of opinion, if you played as much D2 or Diablo 2 knock offs as me you know that's the drive, hell back when D3 was first previewing Blizzard at the time said so themselves ( I also got to play the game back then it was WAAY better and way more hectic). So adding a real money auction house is just nonsense, for any other game it'd be like buying the end of the game, or being able to pay money to get a max lv character in WoW. Expand
  7. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard had 12 years time, extensive beta tests and considerable ressources - and they decided to make a single player game into a online necessity - no excuse - most people cant even download the game properly or install it! let alone play it! dowloader cant patch the game - people trying for 15 hours for solutions (myself allready for 12 now), errors over errors, - and the dumbestBlizzard had 12 years time, extensive beta tests and considerable ressources - and they decided to make a single player game into a online necessity - no excuse - most people cant even download the game properly or install it! let alone play it! dowloader cant patch the game - people trying for 15 hours for solutions (myself allready for 12 now), errors over errors, - and the dumbest possible - administrator issues, firewall issues, anti virus issues, account control issues etc. etc. and than the game tells me my os is to old (win 7 64)....12 hours and havent even been on the character screen - am i getting payed for playing technical support for blizzard? dont buy this game - dont support a company that spitts in your face! 1 month down the road maybe (but then comes gw2 out soon so who care about diablo3)...shame on you blizzard Expand
  8. May 15, 2012
    Worst. Game. Ever. Don't waste your money on this fake Diablo game. At least get something made by the real Diablo crew such as Torchlight II or play something that is similar to Diablo II such as Path of Exile.
  9. May 15, 2012
    I am deeply frustrated by Diablo 3. The game looked so promising. But after all these Years, it came out as a bastard between softcore and hardcore entertainment. It can't decide wether to be dark or colourful. Deep or superstitious. This conflict is present in all aspects of the game. Be it the story, the games mechanics or the character design...

I cannot say, you shouldn't buy the

I cannot say, you shouldn't buy the game. After all its a high standard Blizzard product. But don't expect it to be the cutting edge, dark experience Diablo was 16 years ago.
  10. May 15, 2012
    It is a very good game, VERY GOOD!!!!
    It even comes with a challenge, beat the login server, error 37 is the prime evil, if you beat it, all will obey your orders.
    Now seriously, if you don't mind spending 3 hours to get in, you should totally buy, if not, don't waste your money.
  11. May 15, 2012
    Joke, can't log in. They insultingly release the installer 2 months before release, and then don't even let us log in after waiting 2 months.

The graphics are like... warcraft 3 graphics.
  12. May 15, 2012
    Le jeux est sortie depuis un plus de 21h et les serveurs sont toujours saturé, même pas de mode jeux offline pour joué en solo
    C'est inadmissible de la part d'une société comme blizzard, j'ai précommande le jeux le 24 avril 2012 et jusquâ
  13. May 15, 2012
    Unacceptable that I can't play the single-player campaign (what I bought the game for in the first place) because of "server maintenance" going on for well over the stated window.
  14. May 15, 2012
    Impossibly trimmed - boring (-4 points), over-hyped (-2 point) diablo game with WoW-like feeling and optimized for consoles (-2 points)? Yes! For average consumers. Failed European launch (-0.5 point).
    So I must give you Blizzard 1.5 / 10 points ... but seriously, selling this kind of garbage for 60 euros? I was trying not to lose hope in you - from beta patch 3 till end of the beta. I'm really disappointed and sad.
  15. May 15, 2012
    Joined this site JUST to rate D3. Server failures at launch are unacceptable. I was up all night, and wasted a vacation day today (gross pay approx $350/day). Servers are still down. Regarding the actual game, graphics look approx. 6 years out of date. Come on Blizzard, you lazy pricks. You owe all of us a lot more than this. If I could POSSIBLY return this, I would do so in aJoined this site JUST to rate D3. Server failures at launch are unacceptable. I was up all night, and wasted a vacation day today (gross pay approx $350/day). Servers are still down. Regarding the actual game, graphics look approx. 6 years out of date. Come on Blizzard, you lazy pricks. You owe all of us a lot more than this. If I could POSSIBLY return this, I would do so in a heartbeat. I wish the very worst upon the Blizzard employees responsible for D3. May you all burn in hell. Expand
  16. May 15, 2012
    The fact that there is no way to play the game offline and the most horrific launch of a game by one of the industry leaders in massive online games made me give it a negative review. First impression are important in more than one way - the silent treatment that Blizzard/Activision is giving to it's paying player base is shocking. It is truely a sad day for online gaming ....
  17. May 15, 2012
    I spent $100 on this game to play through alone and have a little fun. I trusted blizzard with my money and that's something I'll never do again. It is clear that Acti/Blizzard only care about one thing, protecting their product from pirates. They could care less about how much the DRM harms their community. If your game is actually worth $60, why are you protecting it from so many peopleI spent $100 on this game to play through alone and have a little fun. I trusted blizzard with my money and that's something I'll never do again. It is clear that Acti/Blizzard only care about one thing, protecting their product from pirates. They could care less about how much the DRM harms their community. If your game is actually worth $60, why are you protecting it from so many people who think it's not? Expand
  18. May 15, 2012
    I dislike this game profusely - it consists entirely of Ctrl-V, Enter, and dodging the "Error 37" and "Error 75" mobs. I was expecting more originality and WAY better graphics.
    Oh yea, the story line sucks.
  19. May 15, 2012
    Payed for this game 1 year in advance. I´ve seen many blizzard server problems, but given the time this gave was in the making and with all the prepurchases sold. Not being able to play diablo 3 on launch after such heavy advertisement is just **** ridiculous.
  20. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard has had all of the WoW expansions and an SC2 release to figure out what sort of stress release days put on their servers. Yet, once again they drop the ball on having even a remotely viable infrastructure to handle the log in traffic. They had nearly a decade to sort this **** out and they still screwed up. Graphics and gameplay . . . I've seen it all before. Blizzard keeps upBlizzard has had all of the WoW expansions and an SC2 release to figure out what sort of stress release days put on their servers. Yet, once again they drop the ball on having even a remotely viable infrastructure to handle the log in traffic. They had nearly a decade to sort this **** out and they still screwed up. Graphics and gameplay . . . I've seen it all before. Blizzard keeps up solid production values but that doesn't earn points when you get the better part of a decade to work on a title like Diablo 3. Expand
  21. May 15, 2012
    The intrusive access control known as DRM(Digital Rights Management) is what really is hurting the game here. Not only due to the train-wreck of a launch, but because you can not even play this game without an Internet connection. This crippling form of security serves no purpose other than agitating and frustrate legitimate customers. The pirates will always find a way around, it likeThe intrusive access control known as DRM(Digital Rights Management) is what really is hurting the game here. Not only due to the train-wreck of a launch, but because you can not even play this game without an Internet connection. This crippling form of security serves no purpose other than agitating and frustrate legitimate customers. The pirates will always find a way around, it like they always do, even if that means emulating servers or similar shenanigans. Meanwhile we have to deal with potential latency issues and the worry of getting disconnected while playing what could very well be a single player game. The removal of the option of playing over a local area network is also very much deplorable and it is obviously due to the inclusion of the DRM and forced online play.

Another negative thing is the issue of having a cash shop in what essentially could be considered a single player game. The fact that there is a pay-to-win cash shop if you choose to play online is itself not an issue. But Blizzard's way of legalizing gold farming and RMT merely for them to earn a bit of money from every transaction does leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

The visual aesthetics are in my opinion quite unappealing and from a technical standpoint the graphics are pretty lacking as low resolution textures are hidden behind bloom and blurr. Granted, this may not be something deal breaking for most people; but for a game which has been in development for as long as Diablo 3 has, one should not be faulted for having expected something better.
  22. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard spent 12 years or something to come with the third installment but could not manage to make the game playable. Wait a year until it is stable since Blizzard could not care less about making things that work from day one they just want your money now.
  23. May 15, 2012
    Did not like this version of Diablo it felt more like a chore then feeling like you were apart of the story and the atmosphere were not really "scary" at all..
  24. May 15, 2012
    Seriously. If I am content with playing single player. How hard can it be to let me access some data files offline and then let me synch when bandwidth is available? I use Dropbox for this every day.. get at grip!
  25. May 15, 2012
    From a die hard diablo2 fan, this game offered nothin but disappointment. The graphic is geared towards children and is WoW inspired more so than D2. (heard the lead developer is from WoW, which could explain this) Everything has been dumb down to WoW standards, minimal customization, linear gameplay, cartoonish graphic, no world pvp, no trade channel, buy to win, and worst of all,From a die hard diablo2 fan, this game offered nothin but disappointment. The graphic is geared towards children and is WoW inspired more so than D2. (heard the lead developer is from WoW, which could explain this) Everything has been dumb down to WoW standards, minimal customization, linear gameplay, cartoonish graphic, no world pvp, no trade channel, buy to win, and worst of all, requires internet connection. This is such a step back from diablo 2 it puts the franchise to shame, a decade of waiting brought us this failure of a product, huge disappointment Expand
  26. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Since icannot actually play the game i paid 59 euros for, this gets zero points right off the bat. Its a shocking and appaling how blizzard, a company that has already launched a major mmo title and another multiplayer title is unable to launch a game that was anticipated for over a decade, they KNEW this was a massive storm of players rushing to the servers.
    And they completely ignored it. Hey, industry: you sell us games in this fashion, you made that decision. Its not us asking you to do this kind of crap, especially the online only part. You KNOW when there is launch day and you know people will actually go and play the game they bought. SO **** PREPARE YOU ****

This game gets zero points on the basis that blizzard is a shed full of retard monkeys.
  27. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard - > Check
    Mass marketing campaign -> check
    Single player game that won't run because of online DRM Crap -> check.
    Yeah, that's a zero.

Seriously, there was a closed beta, there was a public beta. Was there no one at home when ordering the servers?
  28. May 15, 2012
    Make a potential popular game that requires online connectivity and login and this is what you get.

NOTHING... shame on blizzard epic fail. Even the forums receive Errors. I thought they would have learned from the beta.. but i almost want to go back to store for asking back my money.
  29. May 15, 2012
    Honestly would have though that all the Login problems from the Beta would have been sorted for the Main Launch. But I guess not. I'm disappointed Blizzard, very disappointed =(
  30. May 15, 2012
    When it works, it's a great game although Blizzard are clearly using a modified WoW engine which does not do the atmosphere justice at all. However, Blizzard clearly are unable to support the always on net connection required. Someone needs to be fired over this as retailers would have been able to provide how many users there was going to be on launch. The fact that many people can't logWhen it works, it's a great game although Blizzard are clearly using a modified WoW engine which does not do the atmosphere justice at all. However, Blizzard clearly are unable to support the always on net connection required. Someone needs to be fired over this as retailers would have been able to provide how many users there was going to be on launch. The fact that many people can't log onto a single player came is atrociousness and shows a complete lack of foresight by management. Expand
  31. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard should not have released an unfinished single player game as an online game. They should have been ready for the huge server demand. Blizzard is incompetent and should not get your money. Don't waste it like Ã
  32. May 15, 2012
    The servers simply dosen't work. Do not. I repeat DO NOT buy this game. Atleast not yet. So disappointed. Only got to play it for 1-2 hours. Not good enough for a company like Blizzard.
  33. May 15, 2012
    Good job Blizzard, 60 euro for a failure of a game that you can't play at launch. Constant online DRM ? Seriously ? It's soo bad that I regret even trying it out. That's it, blizzard is done and going up in flames. aaa
  34. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard does not posses the technology to ensure their servers are able to handle this amount of traffic. Either that or the technology does not exist. Regardless of the actual reason, this game isn't playable at launch like every Blizzard product released. We can all be glad that Blizzard doesn't manufacture things that are important like cars, airplanes, space-shuttles, nuclearBlizzard does not posses the technology to ensure their servers are able to handle this amount of traffic. Either that or the technology does not exist. Regardless of the actual reason, this game isn't playable at launch like every Blizzard product released. We can all be glad that Blizzard doesn't manufacture things that are important like cars, airplanes, space-shuttles, nuclear reactors, power plants or anything where lives are at stake. Bravo Blizzard, bravo. Expand
  35. May 15, 2012
    ... After all this years, for this much money, and i cant login... no single player offline, but you cant login to play alone... this is a bad joke for this much money.
  36. May 15, 2012
    you loved Diablo and Diablo II, you'll definitely enjoy avoiding this game. Made by none of the crew from D2 and feels like it. The lack of lan ou could play it whenever you want, for as long as you want. I know the internet is taken for granted this days, but the problem here is not just my internet connection,blo 3 years ago expecting a masterpiece but instead got a master disaster ofyou loved Diablo and Diablo II, you'll definitely enjoy avoiding this game. Made by none of the crew from D2 and feels like it. The lack of lan ou could play it whenever you want, for as long as you want. I know the internet is taken for granted this days, but the problem here is not just my internet connection,blo 3 years ago expecting a masterpiece but instead got a master disaster of massive proportions. Due to blizzards underestimatin Expand
  37. May 15, 2012
    Poor planned launch, with a game severely lacking in certain areas. Would have been acceptable for an average priced game. Not worth any more than 50% of it's current price tag.
  38. May 15, 2012
    Haven't been able to play yet at all...been sitting for hours getting error messages and unable to log in. You HAVE to log in to the server even if you just want to play single player, so literally have not played ANY yet.
  39. May 15, 2012
    Wank poor performance by Blizzard/Activision. Force us to be always be connected to their servers to combat, "Piracy", but fail to have enough servers to cope. I guess they all ready have our money, so they win and we lose. Should not be allowed.
  40. May 15, 2012
    rubbish game, and as per usual blizzard has failed when it comes to server and stress testing. In other words..... PRE ORDER GAME..... CANT EVEN PLAY 2 DAYS LATER
  41. May 15, 2012
    I'd give this game -10 is I could. Whether or not the game is any good I couldn't tell you. Servers though...what a fail....Blizzard deserve everything they get for this one. Bunch of amatuers. Hopefully they learn in future that having a single player game = online only is not a good idea.
  42. May 15, 2012
    I'd love to write a review on this game, but as per usual, Blizzard is such a failure of a company when it comes to getting new games up and running it's not funny. Been trying to log in now for.....no idea....too long.
  43. May 15, 2012
    The Lord of Error 37 has taken my cash and ran away with it. Long live legally bought games that DON'T WORK! Hooooooray Blizzard! You PWN! I have been waiting more than a decade for this game and now can't even connect. FU HARD!
  44. May 15, 2012
    The only score you can give a game that doesn't work is a ZERO. 12 hours after launch, I can't log in. Emergency maintenance is being performed, maybe that will fix it. If you want people to like your product, your product better be able to handle the load created by those people. Blizzard failed extremely bad with this product. Not only was it late, by about 6 months, when it finallyThe only score you can give a game that doesn't work is a ZERO. 12 hours after launch, I can't log in. Emergency maintenance is being performed, maybe that will fix it. If you want people to like your product, your product better be able to handle the load created by those people. Blizzard failed extremely bad with this product. Not only was it late, by about 6 months, when it finally does release, it doesn't work. Beyond that there are a lot of little bugs and inconsistencies in game like FPS problems and stuttering (if you manage to get in which I did for a brief period last night) that were reported when beta began yet never fixed, bartenders repairing gear but the blacksmith (who actually makes gear) can't, inaccurate tooltips and information in game and other various bugs. This is not a smooth release, this is not a finished product and hell, right now, it's not even a product at all since you can't play it. Expand
  45. May 15, 2012
    I cut and pasted my review from Gamsepot, so take that for what you will, but my review remains the same:

Diablo 3 may be one of the most disappointing games of my lifetime. I am an avid fan of Diablo 2, and the fact that the game still sells to this day shows how popular it is. When I was in the Navy I brought 1 copy onto our submarine and (despite having access to modern games) it was all anyone played for 3 months solid. What a shame to see that Diablo 3 is a pale and simplistic shadow of its predecessor.

Customization: This is my biggest point of contention with the game, that there is zero character customization. As you progress you unlock skills and your stats automatically increase, exactly as in a game like WoW, but wildly different than the Diablo series (particularly part 2). There is no skill point allocation, no stat choosing, etc. Instead you will play the exact same cookie-cutter character as everyone else. By the time you are a level 50 barbarian you will have the same stats, runes, skills, and even look the exact same as every other level 50 barbarian there is. The only differentiating factor is your gear, but this is a shallow way of making people feel like they've made a unique character. The notion that you get to "pick" your runes/skills is a joke. They are unlocked in a specific order, you always have access to the same skills/runes, there is nothing customizable about it. In other words, your barbarian will be the same as the other 2,000,000 barbarians out there without one tiny lick of difference.

Simplicity: I have not played the game on Inferno difficulty yet, so take that for what you will, but everything else has been ridiculously simplistic. How simplistic? I have yet to die. I'm not kidding or exaggerating, I literally have yet to die in this game and I have played for hours.

DRM: The always-online feature is abhorrent and inexcusable. That people are seriously defending the inability to play a single-player game they paid for because a server is down is mind-boggling. There is no reason for this kind of garbage. Blizzard is treating its customers like enemies and rendering people incapable of playing the game that they bought. And what of those without a reliable and strong internet connection? Left out in the cold, I suppose. Companies like CDProjekt and GOG.com have managed to eliminate DRM entirely from their games and profit wildly. Hell, Diablo 2 has no DRM whatsoever and is easily pirated, yet it's still bought en masse 12 years after its release. A huge negative for the game.

Subpar Standards:
    The graphics in the game are barely acceptable. I would say they are akin to the first Torchlight's graphics except with a slightly darker palette. However you also lack the ability to zoom (except while in your inventory, and then only if you select the option from a menu). The details on your character are nonexistant and the camera angle is pretty poor. Given that they managed to have a zoom function in Warcraft 3 while still having the same camera-style I can't even fathom this decision making, except for the fact that the graphics look pretty 2008, at best.
    The sound is actually fairly decent, but the voice acting is atrocious. The stilted and wooden voice actors sound like something out of a made-for-tv SyFy movie, and that's being kind. The one exception is the man who voices Deckard Cain, who is a huge cut above the rest of the cast. I have not played every iteration of character/gender but the 5 that I have tried all sounded abysmal (with the absolute low point being a female monk).
    From what I have read numerous features were cut from the final game and it really shows. The crafting feels pathetically shoe-horned and is akin to the most dumbed-down MMO crafting you can imagine. The "runes" you get to differentiate your skills were apparently supposed to originally be loot you'd find, but that went away as well. There's no PvP out of the box, there's no LAN, and there's no more than 4 players to a game. Ultimately this all feels like a rush-job, which sounds absurd given how long this game has been in development, but it seems that is precisely what happened.

Ultimately, the terrible design decisions, the lack of any character customization whatsoever, the subpar standards, the rushed feeling, and the godawful DRM hold this game back from being anything other than straight-up mediocre. I could not be more disappointed.
  46. May 15, 2012
    This is the most disappointing moment of my gaming career. The idea of playing a game in single player mode whilst having to be constantly connected to a server if the most ridiculous concept anyone has ever come up with to fight piracy. I hope they pirate the life out of this game. I'm a paying customer and I've been spat on, and then told to suck it up. I really want to support theThis is the most disappointing moment of my gaming career. The idea of playing a game in single player mode whilst having to be constantly connected to a server if the most ridiculous concept anyone has ever come up with to fight piracy. I hope they pirate the life out of this game. I'm a paying customer and I've been spat on, and then told to suck it up. I really want to support the gaming industry. I really, really do, but this is insulting. If you're going to force me to stay connected to your servers, at the very least ensure they're up for when I want to play. To hell with you Activision, and Blizzard, you should have known better. Expand
  47. May 15, 2012
    Staring at a login page for hours and hours is not a game... If Blizzard developers are so stupid that they can't predict the massive load on the login servers they deserve to all die horribly from herpes.
  48. May 15, 2012
    Unplayable, and I really mean unplayable as I have yet to successfully login to play a for the most part singleplayer game. I only have a few hours a day I could spend on gaming and to be unable to play this game makes it worthless and it therefore earns the zero I'm giving it.
  49. May 15, 2012
    Big Fail for blizzard. 24 hours after launch day and playing is also impossible. Pathetic !!!
    Diablo 2 was the best game ever, but for diablo 3 ... no comment
  50. May 15, 2012
    Paid 60 bucks for something that doesn't work due to their servers being overloaded. Seriously, with all the money Blizzard has, they couldn't afford more servers? How greedy are they? EPIC FAIL. Never buying another Blizzard game again.
  51. May 15, 2012
    Not good after 2 and half years wainting... its becaming really anoying not being able to play the game... but how cares they already made 80% of the money, that they will ever made with this game, just in 24 unplayeble hours (for most people).
  52. May 15, 2012
    It is now just under 12 hours since launch and I have not been able to successfully log on yet. I actually called work and canceled my time off because there was no need to stay home when you can't log in. Now I have been a fan for years and would have been happy with the game, IF I could play. You can't please everyone but you can alienate Everyone by simply taking their money and thenIt is now just under 12 hours since launch and I have not been able to successfully log on yet. I actually called work and canceled my time off because there was no need to stay home when you can't log in. Now I have been a fan for years and would have been happy with the game, IF I could play. You can't please everyone but you can alienate Everyone by simply taking their money and then not letting them use the game you have made. Expand
  53. May 15, 2012
    If you get to play this game you are lucky! Seriously overloaded servers on the day 1... They run a stress test weeks before release date and still they can't get it right. This is embarrassing even for a indie studio and we are talking here about a world wide giant gaming company and they have so much failz!
    Seriously if have not bought the game yet DON'T not for at least a month let
    Seriously if have not bought the game yet DON'T not for at least a month let them get their stuff in order first.
    A serious disappointment i have had a chance to play for about 20 mins today and I paid good money for this game. Frankly you could get a hooker for longer than this cheaper than this.
  54. May 15, 2012
    How can you give this game a 10 when its unplayable you got jokes, this game has been up for three days in asia yet all we get is nonstop problems in America

jokes
  55. May 15, 2012
    This isn't a game. It's a login screen with nice music. I'm sure there is a pretty good game behind that login screen. It's just too bad that I'll never see it because of the draconian DRM.
  56. May 15, 2012
    Way to kill the franchise, Blizzard!
    Diablo 3 NEVER needed to be online only. It was a single player experience, with LAN play optional.
    Diablo 3 is online so that players can buy items with real money, and game together with friends all over the world.. and stop piracy.. errm.. Hey Blizzard, making this game run on your servers exclusively, may block "piracy" but will also block fans of
    Way to kill the franchise, Blizzard!
    Hey Blizzard, making this game run on your servers exclusively, may block "piracy" but will also block fans of the series, and make this into the worst reviewed game since "Big Rigs".
  57. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely unnacceptable...they had stress tests....they had the open weekend beta...they had FEEDBACK!!! And it seems they didn't do anything, they saw the problem and they just took the money. Blizzard is all about the money and not the fans...alt that talk about "they care about the fans" is alot of BULL**** ...how about all EU players just file a lawsuit against them ?
  58. May 15, 2012
    Bought the digital copy to get access right at launch. Error, error, error, error. Finally give up and go to bed at 2 am. Wake up, boot up pc, try to log in.... error error error error. Why did I pay 70 dollars again? WTF are you doing Blizzard? Haven't you learned from EVERY, SINGLE WOW RELEASE? Also, not staggering the release times to alleviate server load is a HUGE FAIL. SWTOR didBought the digital copy to get access right at launch. Error, error, error, error. Finally give up and go to bed at 2 am. Wake up, boot up pc, try to log in.... error error error error. Why did I pay 70 dollars again? WTF are you doing Blizzard? Haven't you learned from EVERY, SINGLE WOW RELEASE? Also, not staggering the release times to alleviate server load is a HUGE FAIL. SWTOR did LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than this garbage and they had a sketchy launch. Expand
  59. May 15, 2012
    Cliche story. You are able to see what is going or who is who right from the beginning, which are signs of terrible story writing. Poor in-game cutscenes. Average graphics. Below average music (with Matt Uelmen gone - the name behind Diablo 1 & 2 soundtracks, it just feels unoriginal & boring). Terrible level designs, very limited procedural generation which gets boring real fast. BeingCliche story. You are able to see what is going or who is who right from the beginning, which are signs of terrible story writing. Poor in-game cutscenes. Average graphics. Below average music (with Matt Uelmen gone - the name behind Diablo 1 & 2 soundtracks, it just feels unoriginal & boring). Terrible level designs, very limited procedural generation which gets boring real fast. Being locked to 6 skills at a time, very few skills, automatic stat allocation. Etc... etc...

But my biggest problems are: EU is completely broken, login servers are down, game servers are heavily loaded & busy... Can't you add login delays & queue to keep login servers up? And how come game servers are loaded & busy? What was that stress test for? These are just amateur mistakes from Blizzard. It gets my rating down to 2 from 6.
  60. May 15, 2012
    Game launch is a disaster, Blizzard had beta test for stress test, 3 hours waiting time for character creation and i was kicked out after. If you did not bought this game yet DON'T !
  61. May 15, 2012
    This game is so bad.... Blizzard very disappointed me. It cost almost 100$, so they are fat guys, who making money from famous franchise. This game looks type of games, like pay-to-win
  62. May 15, 2012
    Freaking online mode for singleplayer, sucks. Blizzard should make a very good statement for this super fail of them. Freaking BLIZZARD!!!!You have got to be kidding me, Blizzard
  63. May 15, 2012
    Even if this game was playable, it would still get a negative rating. Sadly, as bad as it is, it will (has) still sold in its millions. The Real-Money trading system is abhorrent, and the gameplay has been pretty **** Blizzard seem to have tunnel vision focus on turning everyone into HARDCORE playesr...what about the normal guy who just wants to play a bit for fun. This takes all the BadEven if this game was playable, it would still get a negative rating. Sadly, as bad as it is, it will (has) still sold in its millions. The Real-Money trading system is abhorrent, and the gameplay has been pretty **** Blizzard seem to have tunnel vision focus on turning everyone into HARDCORE playesr...what about the normal guy who just wants to play a bit for fun. This takes all the Bad things about World of Warcraft and uses them to taint what SHOULd have been a great game. But it isn't.

The very worst part is, you can't even play it, not even after you've paid your money. It just sits there, taunting you, promising much and delivering nothing. Maybe it's better this way.
  64. May 15, 2012
    The game is not currently playable. I am sure that at some point in the future it will be, but I am not very optimistic. There will likely be server issues for a long time yet, so don't bother picking this up until long after they get everything ironed out. Out of the few minutes that I could play, I was not impressed, but again who knows how long it will be before this game is experiencedThe game is not currently playable. I am sure that at some point in the future it will be, but I am not very optimistic. There will likely be server issues for a long time yet, so don't bother picking this up until long after they get everything ironed out. Out of the few minutes that I could play, I was not impressed, but again who knows how long it will be before this game is experienced the way it was intended. Expand
  65. May 15, 2012
    Aweful game, dont buy ! They get a 1 for anticipation i had in regarding the release but a 0 for the actual release. Cant even play the game !! Be warned
  66. May 15, 2012
    call of demon/gears of demon is what this game is. everything what was awesome about the second installment of diablo has been taken away and replaced with pure **** DRM, bad servers, boring gameplay very similar to me3, bad voice acting and so on. everything about this game sucks. this game isn't even worth the time and bandwidth to pirate. just leave it and pretend it never existed.
  67. May 15, 2012
    If only they had put in half the amount of time/effort into their infrastructure and backside design required to support this game rather than hype it, it may have not flopped on release day...
  68. May 15, 2012
    Steaming pile of pay2win garbage. Linear questing, no stat customization and no commitment to skillset. The glory that is Diablo II wasn't even made by the same studio as this Kotick cashout.
  69. May 15, 2012
    Been working on it at least 4 years, did alpha, then beta tests, then open beta stress test ...
    spent tons of money on the commercials ... and this is what they achieved ! This is what we get for that extra huge price ! Gj Blizzard ! You should be proud !
  70. May 15, 2012
    You get the game (sure looks good wherever you find out about it). Then you install it on your computer (It takes the whole day to get through with all the errors with the installation). AND THEN you can't login. And whatever you try, even if it taked you hours, - You Can't Login. Don't plan on this mutch.
  71. May 15, 2012
    No char customization, no attributes, pretty looking game, isometric view.
    Oh yes, the other flaw,........NO ONE CAN PLAY IT.
    There seems to be another issue now with the "servers"
    Blizzards attempt at stopping "piracy" hoses us all.
    GG
  72. May 15, 2012
    With all the hype people put behind it you expect something...more = I haven't waited this long but there people waited over 10 years for this game and for it to be pretty much reskin of D2 with some of the stuff people enjoy the most taken out is meh =
  73. May 15, 2012
    Utter rubbish. It's been hours now since EU launch and the servers aren't working and there's absolutely no response from any EU Blizzard reps. Don't buy this game.
  74. May 15, 2012
    Man, I can log into the game. First I could then I couldnt and then I could again and now its down so long it aint funny! They knew what was going to happen and still they blame us paying customers for their crap!
  75. May 15, 2012
    An unmitigated disaster. Expensive and broken. Unable to login to the game server, like so many others. Played for ten minutes this morning and it was a simple point and click experience with no soul.
  76. May 15, 2012
    I've tried regularly for about 20 hours, and have not been able to log in.

I'm about to get a withdraw, and never buy the game again... Pathetic launch by a multimillionaire company like Blizzard/Activision
  77. May 15, 2012
    What a mess. Mediocre beta. Horrible release. No character customization, no more attribute points. story is terrible. Finished in 3 hours. Repetitive tripe, IMO. There is a reason there are hundreds of negative reviews which is why I think they spent so much cash on splashy TV commercials. I wish there were lemon laws for video games.
  78. May 15, 2012
    Purchased, unable to log in even once in 12 hours. This would be counted as fraud in any other industry but for some reason on this game I intend to play single player it's 'to be expected', just terrible.
  79. May 15, 2012
    Piracy and console gaming has truly destroyed the PC gaming industry and Diablo 3 is just a horrific example of developers greed for making money.Diablo 3 is absolute piece of crap and i'd prefer the original diablo 2 billion times over it.Firstly the always online drm truly deprives you to even start that game and once luckily you get to play the SP then you for sure shed tears thinkingPiracy and console gaming has truly destroyed the PC gaming industry and Diablo 3 is just a horrific example of developers greed for making money.Diablo 3 is absolute piece of crap and i'd prefer the original diablo 2 billion times over it.Firstly the always online drm truly deprives you to even start that game and once luckily you get to play the SP then you for sure shed tears thinking "THERE GOES MY 60$" Gameplay is repititive,most of the customization elements found in diablo 2 are gone.The game is just a crappy remake of diablo 2 to satisfy developers money greed. DIABLO 3 IS A COMPLETE FIASCO.Stay Away from this one! Expand
  80. May 15, 2012
    I can't believe what a colossal disaster and complete waste of money this was! The richest, most powerful gaming company cannot supply adequate servers for players!? What a joke!!!
  81. May 15, 2012
    How do you code 12 years on a game and **** it up? The only other game that screwed up this bad was duke nukem forever but even that failure is nowhere close to how bad diablo is play 10 seconds discconnect log back in play 30 seconds with that little area can't open stash can't go nowhere also don't uninstall it and reinstall to fix becuase once uninstalled forget it it's notHow do you code 12 years on a game and **** it up? The only other game that screwed up this bad was duke nukem forever but even that failure is nowhere close to how bad diablo is play 10 seconds discconnect log back in play 30 seconds with that little area can't open stash can't go nowhere also don't uninstall it and reinstall to fix becuase once uninstalled forget it it's not reinstallaing again due to some localization thing. congrats blizzard even clowns code better than this you have officially set a floor for the gaming industry to laugh at. Expand
  82. May 15, 2012
    The game requires a permanent internet connection to connect to servers that Blizzard didn't bother to scale correctly, although the problem was quite obvious from the open beta. Why force online play on a singleplayer game, and then not provide enough server capacity? And this for a premium priced game. Just disgusting.
  83. May 15, 2012
    stupid game,GO TO HELL!. oh wait, it's already in hell. All about it is disappointing. I've been a Diablo fan for a long time but then you give me this.. What the hell Blizzard? This all errors things and your stupid DRM giving me a headache. Why no in steam? money whoring company
  84. May 15, 2012
    just awful !!! don't buy this game because it is complete **** Graphics are **** story is **** everything is **** really. You may wish to purchase 10 expensive beers, give them to homeless people and then watch them drink your money than giving 60 dollars to blizzard.
  85. May 15, 2012
    I would love to rate the game higher but it appears Activisions Blizzard is unable to correctly implement the right infrastructure in order to load people in, heavens forbid I don't know how Google etc manage so many concurrent users logging in several times a day from various devices where blizzard can't even manage the one device. I'm not sure if there's a video game or that the game isI would love to rate the game higher but it appears Activisions Blizzard is unable to correctly implement the right infrastructure in order to load people in, heavens forbid I don't know how Google etc manage so many concurrent users logging in several times a day from various devices where blizzard can't even manage the one device. I'm not sure if there's a video game or that the game is just made up of various Error Messages. Expand
  86. May 15, 2012
    So Blizzard makes us wait for 10+ years charges a hefty sum and then puts **** DRM? How can a game this size can fail on launch day. This is not a MMORPG, so I shouldn't be bothered with all this "server is too busy" errors and actually be able to play the game. I respected the devs and paid for the game; in return I expect the same treatment and not this. Returning the game. End of diablo 3.
  87. May 15, 2012
    Graphics are a VERY slight update from Diablo2, yet it runs nowhere near as smoothly on a computer with well over 4 times the processing power. The game play is literally only about 5 hours long, with some completing the game start to finish in just over 2 hours. Character system is dull and unimaginative. Skills are entirely too WoW-based. Bottom line, this game is fanfare. It only passesGraphics are a VERY slight update from Diablo2, yet it runs nowhere near as smoothly on a computer with well over 4 times the processing power. The game play is literally only about 5 hours long, with some completing the game start to finish in just over 2 hours. Character system is dull and unimaginative. Skills are entirely too WoW-based. Bottom line, this game is fanfare. It only passes because it is "Diablo" and people accept it for nostalgic purposes. It costs about $60; and this is for a game that is 2-5 hours long. many indie games I purchase on steam have more than 2-3 times the play time for a play through, cost about 1/4 - 1/3 as much, and have originality to them.
    Bottom line- it is a bland, unfinished, ill conceived game. I would wait at the bare minimum 9-12 months and buy the GOTY edition for $30 and it is fully patched.
  88. May 15, 2012
    Have been trying to connect for the last 3 hours without success.. I used to be an adventurer, but then i took an error to the knee...

quoted Dodger
  89. May 15, 2012
    Sweeet!
    Sweeet!
    A company that's been around doing exactly these kind of games for 100 years release a game that I can't play, because the they don't give a ++++ about me enough to provide the servers their game REQUIRES TO RUN? When I get some server-time it's a lame, bland, Torchlightish experience. Everything good from D2 is GONE (with the original development team?). I feel hate brewing friends, must be Diablo at work. At least Bizarre got that right.
  90. May 15, 2012
    This game is so awesome.. If you like a game where the only thing you can do, is sit back and look at a login screen, then this is for you!!!
  91. May 15, 2012
    Amazon's highest ever level of pre-orders for a game
    Singleplayer game
    DRM : force players to be logged onto their servers full time "to prevent piracy" - translation = to force you onto their items for real cash auction as sponsored by Chinese gold sellers.
    result: not enough servers available to log on to play game
    consequence: this crap score & massive loss of respect
  92. May 15, 2012
    Couldn't stay online for more that 5 minutes during the day, can't even log in now. Great launch Blizzard. Especially great job with requiring connection to your crappy servers for SINGLE player. A big fat zero.
  93. May 15, 2012
    They promised I could play on release... Now 24 hours laters still unable to login or play anything what so ever.
    Beta had problems and they did not learn a damn thing.
  94. May 15, 2012
    Awful launch from Blizzard. They have launched the game in an unplayable state where I can't even play the single player mode because the servers are woefully inadequate
  95. May 15, 2012
    Got to play it a bit earlier today, but completely fails now. The fact that they don't bother to prepare for this launch is disturbing and shows complete lack of respect for their customers.
  96. May 15, 2012
    If you thought ubisoft had a **** drm, wait until you try this. It's already almost 24 hours after the launch and i still have trouble logging in .
  97. May 15, 2012
    I can't believe what they did to this game, Who in a normal state of his mind would plan to make this game an "always connected game"? This is not even a MMO, MMO sets those kind of things because it's obvious, you will play with many many people. But this game is a SINGLEPLAYER (featuring coop).
    Suffers a lot of connection problems and all that stuff. Aside from that, the mechanics are simplified compared to Diablo2, Titan Quest, Torchlight, etc... This game is not as deep, the hack n' slash feels easier (and fun some times) but it doesn't have the same feeling as the last game of the franchise.

It's a perfect example of what corporates companies want to steal from the fans and customers. I'm a big dissapointed fan. Please stop buying Activision things, they think they're the masters of the world and have the rights to **** people whoever they want with their money. I'm gonna wait for Torchlight 2.
  98. May 15, 2012
    The game is unplayable, so the rating is 0. As easy as that.
    Whenever I should be able to play this game in the far future, I might change this rating.
  99. May 15, 2012
    The login problems are simply unforgiveable. Leaving aside how stupid the always online system is the simply fact is that Blizzard have the resources and know-how to insure these kind of login issues dont occur. They dont get a pass because its launch day, nor do they deserve our sympathy they are a large corporation and the only relationship between us is that I purchased a product theyThe login problems are simply unforgiveable. Leaving aside how stupid the always online system is the simply fact is that Blizzard have the resources and know-how to insure these kind of login issues dont occur. They dont get a pass because its launch day, nor do they deserve our sympathy they are a large corporation and the only relationship between us is that I purchased a product they sell, a product which does not work as intended, you wouldnt accept this with any other consumer product, why accept it with this one? Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012