Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Dec 30, 2012
    As a long-time Blizzard fan I am dismayed, disappointed and ultimately shocked that Blizzard could betray its entire long-standing Diablo fanbase. The game is an absolute disgrace and anyone who says otherwise is desperate and is living in denial.

After completing the game with one character you will feel let-down and not bothered to ever touch this game again. Disgrace.
  2. Dec 30, 2012
    If you're a fan of gritty world like Diablo 1 or Diablo II with LOD expansion pack do not waste your money on this piece of junk. Blizzard really screwed the pooch with this game release they are all about money and nothing else, just like John Carmack is now. Where do I start? First of all the game is dependent on auction house because drops are such crap 90% of times they are laughableIf you're a fan of gritty world like Diablo 1 or Diablo II with LOD expansion pack do not waste your money on this piece of junk. Blizzard really screwed the pooch with this game release they are all about money and nothing else, just like John Carmack is now. Where do I start? First of all the game is dependent on auction house because drops are such crap 90% of times they are laughable that's why most people shop in an auction house for items. With auction house comes no modding the game, always online etc which ruins the game even more. The story line is boring and bland compared to Diablo and Diablo II it is completely laughable. Next you are pretty much FORCED to buy the stupid authenticator because hackers have direct connection to Blizzard servers and steal 90% of peoples items from their characters and sell them off on AH (AKA Chinese gold farmers). The game has no PK it applies to care bears and so far it has no PVP either which it should of shipped with right from beginning, it plays like an arcade game instead of an ARPG (action role playing game) like Diablo 1 and 2 did. You will see most people run through maps and completely ignore everything just to rush to inferno difficulty and once they're there they complain about constantly dying. The chat room is completely pathetic, there are no avatars to see in chat and the chat is almost non existent too. To top it all off you will get E-mail from gold sellers every day trying to sell you their services, Blizzard will never have time to ban all of these Chinese gold sellers that just laugh in their faces. If you want a fun game (not for superb dark graphics) that has fun game play and an average story line do your self a favor and skip this piece of junk that isn't worth more than $15. Go buy Torchlight 2 or wait for Path of Exile to go into open beta I assure you, you will have far more fun with both of these games. More reasons not to buy Diablo 3: No rune words, gems are lame and too expensive to make and buy, always online required, art direction of bosses such as The Butcher or Magda is complete crap one of the characters in the game is disposed of in such a pathetic way that it wants to make me cry they are killed by BUTTERFLIES colorful pretty BUTTERFLIES!!!! NO COW LEVEL instead you get some stupid Whimsy shire crap with colorful PONIES and RAINBOWS this is not hello kitty game WTF! Last but not least of reasons not to buy Diablo 3 is Jay Wilsons words towards David Brevik: **** that loser". Save your money and time buy a great game instead, Diablo 3 isn't worth more than $15 it is fun at first but then the fun dies after pretty much first few play throughs I played Diablo 2 for many years and never got bored heck I still go back to it sometimes! Bottom line is this game is pretty damn bad as in it pretty much sucks! Expand
  3. Dec 29, 2012
    The barbarian merchant in Act 3 has told every player the truth: not enough profit, too much pain!

First, Diablo series is definitely loot-hunting games. The fun of playing Diablo games comes from a loop: to hunt greater loots ---> the loots make the heroes the players control become more powerful ---> to challenge more powerful enemies ---> the more powerful enemies drops even greater loots.

Diablo2 did perfect on the loop. How much time you spend on hunting loots, how many good loots you get. Every minute you spend on this game is worth it.

And then look at Diablo3, my friends and I have respectively spent more than 200 hours on Inferno Difficulty, but get no useful loots during such a long gaming time. Then I went to some game forums, and confirmed that my friends and I were not special cases.

I know that very few players can get great loots, but that's completely based on luck, not about gaming skills/time. Even the few lucky players also can't hunt all gears on their character's body, which means, AH/RMAH is a must. And the terrible loot drop rate has raised the prices in AH to a ridiculous level that most players can't afford it by only picking up golds in the game.

So, offline gold trade/AH merchant is the efficient way to power up. Loot-hunting now is a joke.

Can Diablo3 be called a "Diablo" game if loot-hunting is useless in-game?
  4. Dec 27, 2012
    This game was just really bad. I couldnt feel good about getting any items because people were just buying items with real money. I ruins a game where the main reason to continue to play it is to get better and better gear so that you can make progress end game. I miss having a game where i can work hard to get gear and people cant just buy it with real money. Games: the last frontier wereThis game was just really bad. I couldnt feel good about getting any items because people were just buying items with real money. I ruins a game where the main reason to continue to play it is to get better and better gear so that you can make progress end game. I miss having a game where i can work hard to get gear and people cant just buy it with real money. Games: the last frontier were there were no economic barriers. Now rich people can have everything they want in games as well as in life without working for it. Expand
  5. Dec 26, 2012
    This sequel is a failure of epic proportions! There is NOTHING left of what made Diablo 2 great in this game, other than the story which unfortunately also happen to be really bad. I will never understand how developers can change everything that people loved about a prequel. The rule of making sequels should be that you take what worked in the original(s) and then you improve upon it. YouThis sequel is a failure of epic proportions! There is NOTHING left of what made Diablo 2 great in this game, other than the story which unfortunately also happen to be really bad. I will never understand how developers can change everything that people loved about a prequel. The rule of making sequels should be that you take what worked in the original(s) and then you improve upon it. You don't completely alter a sequel so that you can't even compare it with the original. That's what new franchises or spin-off's are for!

My gripes:

Blizzard must have had only one thing in mind when they made this game. And that thing is MONEY!
    All design choices made in Diablo 3 supports this conclusion. They have removed pretty much all things that would make you consider this a game and replaced it with grinds. This is made so that you're more akin to spend money in the real-money action house. This game shouldn't be called a game when it's more like a part time job. (Or full time for some)

There is no difficulty curve in this game at all. Instead you just mow through all content with ease on the earlier difficulties (which is unbelievable boring) until you're hit by a stone wall the size of Mars when you enter the final difficulty (Inferno). From there you have 2 choices. You grind for several MONTHS, wading through piles upon piles of useless items hoping to find upgrades OR you you simply open your wallet and buy what you need. But why anyone would spend money to get items is beyond me as that would completely remove the point of playing the game in the first place.

No character development what so ever. No skill points or stat points to allocate. Instead everything comes down to items, which happen to be bland and boring. All classes require the same kind of stats and items except for 1 primary stat. So that means that everyone is pretty much looking for the same items. Most skill are useless (especially for the witch doctor) and as un-epic as they can get so everyone not only looks the same but everyone uses the same abilities too. In other words there's no variety at all.

All this makes Diablo 3 the biggest disappointment in my entire gaming "career".
  6. Dec 25, 2012
    When you look at a trilogy of games and think to yourself, "The first one was better than this." you have to stop and really start to think. I played Diablo 3 for about 250 hours with a single character and around 30 hours on every other character. The vast majority of that was begrudging game play. Mind you all but the last 48 hours of play was before the implementation of the RMAH ...When you look at a trilogy of games and think to yourself, "The first one was better than this." you have to stop and really start to think. I played Diablo 3 for about 250 hours with a single character and around 30 hours on every other character. The vast majority of that was begrudging game play. Mind you all but the last 48 hours of play was before the implementation of the RMAH ... and in the last 6 months - maybe 10 hours if i'm (extremely) generous with the estimation. I was willing to accept that this was a new era in RPGs and though some of the core elements were the same - this was going to be a glorified hack and slash when compared to it's predecessors. But wait, weren't D1 and D2 just hack and slash games by that standard? Well, yes and no - did you do a lot of hacking and slashing? yup! did you get penalized for changing up your strategy when you hit an overpowered group of mobs? nope! I mean, they talk about the skill systems versatility, but penalize you for changing skill sets per encounter ... which is very counter-intuitive for the type of game that it is. What about the areas? Well, they're really pretty - but rather than side quest tunnels and pits being a sizable sprawl of enemies they're way too succinct. Going through them seems like an interruption to the linear quest rail rather than an exploration mechanism. It might feel better if you went into a side area and actually found a unique or rare monster, and even better if you would get something good (or at least valuable in gold) - but there's obviously a major disparity between good items and useful items. The sound is great! The cinematics are beautiful! The story was filled with horrible cliched characters and poor story telling (including but not limited to plot holes, continuity problems, incorrect lore, and a heavy reliance on technology over substance). The game's engine is solid but the multiplayer is almost enough to make me want to quit playing any other game online! As a whole it is definitely not greater than the sum of it's parts ... very much the opposite unfortunately. Other games released this year have done much better in capturing the essence of Diablo's game play and story telling. Expand
  7. Dec 25, 2012
    I registered here, to write this review as a warning for everyone who is using upper/high end hardware.

First of all, the game will be stuttering and run choppy in general if you don´t have the game files either on a SSD or a USB stick. Due to the coding, it doesn´t work as it should if installed on a HDD. Second, the support of high end hardware is horrible. You will not

Second, the support of high end hardware is horrible. You will not get stable FPS no matter what setting you´ll use, new drivers generally made everything worse and it seems it isn´t in both nVidia´s nor Blizzard´s interest to make this game run well. A recent example are random game freezes which happen using the new WHQL nVidia driver 310.70.

The story isn´t worth it. The item system, compared to D2 where it was probably the #1 fun factor of this game, is horrible.
    In the end you´ll find yourself doing runs after runs filling your inventory with countless rares, which 99% of the time will be worth- and useless. Even if you´ll find a legendary, there will be so many RNG rolls on that items that in the end it will most likely turn out bad, let alone that most legendaries are useless anyway. This was very different with the equivalent uniques of D2, and will bore you moreso than give any satisfaction.

The skill cap is so low, especially because you´re restricted to only use 6 abilities at a time. In D2 you had access to ALL your skills anytime.
    You only seem to get dumber playing this game, honestly.
  8. Dec 21, 2012
    It's a bad game and a terrible sequel to the Diablo series.

Their hardware is not up to snuff for a game that forces you to be online. Disconnecting, lag and rubber banding are rampant. The game itself is boring as all get out, it takes away both the excitement and the strategy of character layouts. Constant restrictions being placed on the game because the Developers want everyone
    It's a bad game and a terrible sequel to the Diablo series.

Constant restrictions being placed on the game because the Developers want everyone to play one way doesn't help.

If you're looking for a dungeon crawler, buy Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile.
  9. Dec 18, 2012
    Blizzard failed to deliver what they promised and to think it costed them 12 years, no just NO.
    Bad Blizzard, graphics outdated and gameplay nothing special.
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    Diablo 3 is actually not a bad game for casual young player. But for me as dedicated player of the series this is the greatest disappointment in gaming history. This game has only very few in common with RPG genre. Battles are nice, locations are visually decent (eventhough not so doomy as its predecessors and not so random). Skill/Statpoint system is very basic with low to noneDiablo 3 is actually not a bad game for casual young player. But for me as dedicated player of the series this is the greatest disappointment in gaming history. This game has only very few in common with RPG genre. Battles are nice, locations are visually decent (eventhough not so doomy as its predecessors and not so random). Skill/Statpoint system is very basic with low to none customization of the character. Itemization is bad and very Auction House-dependant. Legendary items are not so legendary (not in drop rate, nor in power). Rare items beat them with ease and fall from the sky all the time. The excitement feeling from dropping "gold" as we know from previous series is completely gone. The game lacks heart and soul. I would never thought I will write negative review for Diablo 3. If this game was named differently and was not released by Blizzard, I would rate it probably 6/10. But I consider it also the biggest scam. 60$ for this is simply too much. Replayability is at zero (just for comparison, I´ve played the 9-bucks CS GO for more hours than D3 from their release). Eventhough some artistic aspects of the game are pretty decent (voice acting, environment, music) it cannot entertain common player very long. But for a casual its a decent pick. Expand
  11. Dec 17, 2012
    After 250+ hours of gameplay, I feel I was exploited and used. I've become disheartened, and ultimately upset. The Auction House single-handily ruined this whole game and experience. Legendary drop rates are set and unequal, meaning that **** legendaries have a higher drop rate then top tier ones. Before you call me a tin foil conspirator, this has been proven through community statisticsAfter 250+ hours of gameplay, I feel I was exploited and used. I've become disheartened, and ultimately upset. The Auction House single-handily ruined this whole game and experience. Legendary drop rates are set and unequal, meaning that **** legendaries have a higher drop rate then top tier ones. Before you call me a tin foil conspirator, this has been proven through community statistics and bookkeeping. It is very disheartening when the developers lie to you and there is no transparency. It is also known that legendary drop rates are linked with the AH, and that certain servers drop more than others. It is outrageous to play the game for 250+ hours and only have one item on you that you found yourself. This destroyed the community, and made wallet warriors the kings of D3, I refuse to pay for items, so I here I stay, a mediocre player endlessly farming for controlled items I will never see. They made the game have **** drop rates so that you would have to pay out your pocket for better items. It has been a huge waste of time and a social experiment. I had to pay $60 to get this game, electronically might I add (I still think E-games should have the packaging and shipping costs discounted, so more around $50, or at least $55) and on top of that, if I want to have good gear I have to spend ridiculous amounts of money on the AH. THE WORST OF ALL IS.... THE GAME IS LAGGY AS **** It's the DRM along with the Dev's fault. I play on a 2009 Macbook Pro, let me outline the shocking performance from this game. V 1.00 - Whole world logs on, freaking terrible leg. V 1.01 - Nothing really changes. V 1.02 - Still pretty bad .
    V 1.03 - GODS BE GOOD, the game actually works and runs like butter! 60+ FPS :D V 1.04 - GODS BE GREAT, the game still works, and they buffed legendaries :D V 1.05 - False Hope. Blizz increased drop rates which was amazing and a huge step in the right direction, yet what they didn't disclose is that they only increased rates for the **** items. Still the AH dominates. V 1.05 Continued. The worst thing to come of 1.05 was that the games performance plummeted across both PC and Mac. I watched my framerate go from 60-75 FPS, to 20-30, and it dips to 6-9 a few times a minute. WHAT THE **** HAPPENED? DID YOU SPILL PEPSI ON THE ****ING CONSOLE? It's been over a month of laggy unfixed **** and Blizz refuse to answer questions directly but tip toe around performance issues. HOW CAN A GAME THAT WORKED PERFECTLY (atleast for two V's 1.03/1.04) deteriorate to this crap. I PAID $60 for a working game, and this does not count. All my friends are affected as well, we all have frame drops now and have been recording record low performance for over a month with no incoming fix from Blizz. And don't blame my internet, in V.103/ early 1.04 I was playing on a connection that had 112 Ping and getting 60FPS. I now play on a connection with 11 Ping and receive 20-30 FPS. It is server side, not player side. If you are planning on buying this game, wait! There is still hope, maybe this AH experiment will end one day, maybe they will also drop the DRM. Maybe then some modders can come in and save the day, for now, avoid this game. :(
  12. Dec 16, 2012
    I'll start with the good first: the art is incredible, the graphics are great for the genre, the sound and music are good, the gratifying combat/animations/destructible environments make the initial game play fun. So, for a game to just play through the story once or twice, it would be a pretty good action game. The problem is that the game system design decisions leave Diablo 3 being anI'll start with the good first: the art is incredible, the graphics are great for the genre, the sound and music are good, the gratifying combat/animations/destructible environments make the initial game play fun. So, for a game to just play through the story once or twice, it would be a pretty good action game. The problem is that the game system design decisions leave Diablo 3 being an extremely shallow and unrewarding ARPG experience, with little to no longevity. In D3 they've basically eliminated all the character building elements of RPG games: there are no attribute points to assign, and there aren't any skill trees to build your character with. As you level up a character their attribute points will be automatically assigned for you, and you can change their abilities to any new combination of abilities whenever you like . So, if you are a Barbarian in D3, there is absolutely nothing differentiating you from every other Barbarian in the game. While permanent character choices in RPG games can be harsh and overly punitive to new players, in Diablo 3 the impermanence and lack of important character decisions just goes way too far. The whole concept of re-rolling new characters to try different, interesting, or unique character builds is gone. What's even worse than the non existent character building, is the way that the D3 team designed the items. The ARPG genre has traditionally found longevity via providing players with an exciting item hunt. In just about every other game in this genre, as you level a character you will find fun and powerful items of various types which add to your character's effectiveness and make the game more interesting. For example, you might find a sword that has a chance to summon zombies when it strikes enemies. These types of items are largely missing in Diablo 3, and the items that do have cool, unique effects are generally so bad that nobody would ever want to use them. Most of the items that are highly coveted in D3 are desired simply because they have higher stats of the appropriate type, and there's very little emphasis on making the items actually interesting and unique; they're just stat sticks. Also, because there's an auction house in the game, where players can sell items for real money or in-game gold, the way the game distributes items is fairly infuriating. In an attempt to prevent the item market from being overly saturated with powerful items, Diablo 3's designers made it nearly impossible for players to find great items. While powerful items should be rare in any RPG game, in Diablo 3 you feel like you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than actually ever finding nice things for you character. Players in D3 primarily get powerful items in one of two ways: they either pull out their credit card and buy it on the real money auction house, or, they sell a bunch of mediocre/decent items in the gold auction house and save up to finally one day buy something great. Even if you do manage to find something incredible via game play, the way the items work there will be a 4/5 chance your character will have no use for it at all. So, if you don't want to buy items for real cash, you're going to be spending a lot of your time staring at the gold auction house interface, selling and buying items. I'm sorry, but that just isn't my idea of fun and compelling game play. Finally, there is no player vs. player combat in Diablo 3, even though it was a feature that was supposed to be there at the game's launch. There are also no completely random maps in D3. All similar dungeon crawler games, even indie ones, have better random maps. Honestly, Diablo 3 is one of the most boring ARPG experiences I can recall being a part of. There's just not anything that's even remotely interesting about my characters, the items, the item hunt, or the game in general. I've really tried to like D3, I've owned the game since it's release on May 15th and have come back to try it after the new patches. Unfortunately though, this has to be one of the biggest disappointments in my 30 years or so of playing video games. Expand
  13. Dec 14, 2012
    The art department did a good job. The setting, graphics and animations are all up to the Blizzard standard. The rest of the game, however, is really poor. Of course there's no offline single player. Then there's a complete lack of map randomization, something that even Diablo II in 2000 had. You can basically run through the game blind, because except for the underground parts it's alwaysThe art department did a good job. The setting, graphics and animations are all up to the Blizzard standard. The rest of the game, however, is really poor. Of course there's no offline single player. Then there's a complete lack of map randomization, something that even Diablo II in 2000 had. You can basically run through the game blind, because except for the underground parts it's always exactly the same. The story is boring and predictable, even for an ARPG. There's no replayability, because you can change your skills whenever you like and attributes are not customizable. Item hunting is boring, because you're always looking for the same stats in items. The promised PvP is still not there. The game lobby is terrible (can't make custom games). Level limit at 60 (ho ho, addon anyone?). I really gave the game a fair chance. I played 100+ hours and TRIED to like it, but even with the latest patches, I just can't. There's still too much wrong. Blizzard really tried to suck the money out of the fan base with this one. I guess they succeeded, but they lost a lot of fans. Was that worth it? Expand
  14. Dec 13, 2012
    Malísimo, arruinó todas mis expectativas. Simple, aburrido, monótono. Casi nula personalización de habilidades, modo online obligatorio, pésima historia, atmósfera tétrica muy pobre, diseño de mapas mediocre, personajes infantiles, música olvidable y un sinfín de defectos. Larga vida a Diablo 1 y 2.
  15. Dec 13, 2012
    D3 is complete fail, it's a waste of money that will irritate you beyond all reasoning. If you played any former diablo games this game will absolutely make your blood boil. Do not buy, Do not play. Hate this game and Hate blizzard for ruining diablo.
  16. Dec 13, 2012
    Might be fun the first run, but not the other times you try to play it. It simply lacks the replayability, randomized environments, and fun that the second game was. A big disappointment, in all aspects except for the graphics which I love. I only wish they would have spent more time developing the game.
  17. Dec 12, 2012
    Other than its good story and atmosphere, and yes the good graphics, this game is just nuisance to the player/consumer.
  18. Dec 8, 2012
    Soulless. The whole game is like a shell which contains nothing inside. And countless people and my friends can confirm it was crap. We played it for a chapter and got bored and hoped it would get better...it didn't. No offline play, no LAN play. What's worse...plentiful botting and accessing other accounts through public games? Blizzards security was almost as bad as the game itself.Soulless. The whole game is like a shell which contains nothing inside. And countless people and my friends can confirm it was crap. We played it for a chapter and got bored and hoped it would get better...it didn't. No offline play, no LAN play. What's worse...plentiful botting and accessing other accounts through public games? Blizzards security was almost as bad as the game itself. Items don't drop enough, it's topped by every other hacknslash in history. The creators of Diablo 2 did not create this game, instead they helped make other SUPERIOR games. Expand
  19. Dec 8, 2012
    Game is horrible..and patch by patch is going down to the bottom! At least when it was without a nerf at the start the game was a bit good...but later on, they were complaining about drops and then it came the disaster! Its an auction house game so if you multiply by 10x the item drops, the prices are going down so you left with only 2-3 good items to make gold-money. I'm not talking aboutGame is horrible..and patch by patch is going down to the bottom! At least when it was without a nerf at the start the game was a bit good...but later on, they were complaining about drops and then it came the disaster! Its an auction house game so if you multiply by 10x the item drops, the prices are going down so you left with only 2-3 good items to make gold-money. I'm not talking about the other hand negatives - internet connection issues-graphics-skills... after all its based on pay to win... So many years of waiting and many old school gamers dissapointed including me. Expand
  20. Dec 7, 2012
    This game of depression is repetitive, the drops are based on the AH, do not recommend to buy, many players are left the game because of Blazzard not support, latency / ping is horrible, have certain hours that is unplayable.

Summarizing all that and then some, GARBAGE.
  21. Dec 6, 2012
    Has absolutely no LAN mode nor plan SP, everything's online even your character and everything you have equipped. Gameplay is laggy even on an excellent connection but on the plus side GFX can be ran good and all that junk. Bad storyline and the updates are made by children (meaning children told blizzard this is good or bad and then they changed there minds so then everything went back toHas absolutely no LAN mode nor plan SP, everything's online even your character and everything you have equipped. Gameplay is laggy even on an excellent connection but on the plus side GFX can be ran good and all that junk. Bad storyline and the updates are made by children (meaning children told blizzard this is good or bad and then they changed there minds so then everything went back to normal, there was even one update that had 2 game modes the exact same thing.. On day one the server had already crashed and had to be fixed- that should tell you something. My computer can run a bunch of games really good in high settings but with this game i recieve a BSOD, i have no idea why but my hardware barely gets used when playing this game so i rate this game 0/10 Expand
  22. Dec 6, 2012
    I really wish I hadn't even given blizzard anymore of my money. That dark feel from Diablo 1 & 2 is completely gone and this installment is annoyingly colorful and vibrant as if it isnt about a fictional Armageddon. There are no longer meaningful skill choices, you can change anytime. The story is an absolute joke. I really miss the dark atmosphere of diablo 2. Gone are the days of walkingI really wish I hadn't even given blizzard anymore of my money. That dark feel from Diablo 1 & 2 is completely gone and this installment is annoyingly colorful and vibrant as if it isnt about a fictional Armageddon. There are no longer meaningful skill choices, you can change anytime. The story is an absolute joke. I really miss the dark atmosphere of diablo 2. Gone are the days of walking in jungles surrounded by cauldrons of cooked people or claustraphobic tombs with frightening waves of undead. This installment has colorful massive underground caverns with a plethora of Dr. Seuss monsters. And I think its been said enough how stupid the always having to be online thing is. In short, its a shadow of what the series used to be and I after starcraft 2 and this, I will not give blizzard any more of my money. They are a shadow of what they used to be and deserve to fall apart for **** products like this. Expand
  23. Dec 5, 2012
    This game had a lot riding on it's back and unsurprisingly did not deliver. Contrary to what Jay thefatazz Wilsson thinks, iteration is not always key to making a good game. YOU FAT FUKK
  24. Dec 5, 2012
    It is a shame to dislike something which was created with so much effort, but what can i do? D3 tries so hard to be epic, fun, addictive and serve an audience of new and old fans. But it just fails on everything it attempts - just like a drunken person! It is simply not fun to click through enemies and check the loot later. Simply put: the urge to hack and slash a little bit more is notIt is a shame to dislike something which was created with so much effort, but what can i do? D3 tries so hard to be epic, fun, addictive and serve an audience of new and old fans. But it just fails on everything it attempts - just like a drunken person! It is simply not fun to click through enemies and check the loot later. Simply put: the urge to hack and slash a little bit more is not there. Even the gore is inadequate and unsatisfying. Oh, about the storyline! Awful! Just horrible. Worst script ever. It is actually so bad that it does not even count as funny. It is a shame they wasted so much effort on cinematics with story this bad. If the player has to ask herself "why I am doing this?", something is seriously wrong. Perhaps it is a matter or taste, but I had so much more fun with Dragon Age 2. Expand
  25. Dec 5, 2012
    Y así es como una gran saga se va a la mierda. Buen trabajo blizzard, lástima por que tu desconfianza y ambición te gano, y aún ignorar a sus clientes y quererl es tomar el pelo
  26. Dec 3, 2012
    Good: some aspects of the game have been drastically improved over d2, such as skill runes and % scalability with your gear, which means that you can literally use the skills you obtained in lvl 10 and still be viable end game. Bad: this is no ACTION rpg, blizzard lifted the awkward target system straight off WOW and slapped it underneath the skin of D2. what this means is that a lot ofGood: some aspects of the game have been drastically improved over d2, such as skill runes and % scalability with your gear, which means that you can literally use the skills you obtained in lvl 10 and still be viable end game. Bad: this is no ACTION rpg, blizzard lifted the awkward target system straight off WOW and slapped it underneath the skin of D2. what this means is that a lot of the time you will get hit by an attack even though you were no where near the projectile/hit animation. The biggest problem is that after you hit lvl 60 the game turns into one giant slot machine, with each monster kill that may or may not yield something worth selling, and reaching lvl 60 can be done in a day or two, so literally in a day or two after getting this game you will run out of content. That's absolutely ridiculous, I have played indie games that cost $5 and lasted longer than that Expand
  27. Dec 3, 2012
    I was excited for this. That wore off after the second level. Incredibly boring grindfest with a terrible story. One of those games where you hope all the characters will die just so you don't have to play anymore. Can't believe I blew $60 on this.
  28. Dec 2, 2012
    Let's cover why Diablo 3 is the biggest disappointment in recent gaming history, and why it can't be fixed as long as the game revolves around the auction house.

Playing video games is meant to be a rewarding process - you play the game, it rewards you. In Diablo's case, rewards are in the form of better loot, better stats/abilities and (to a lesser extent) advancing the story.

First, the character leveling and abilities. While the abilities in the game are mostly useful and fun, the game takes away most of the character customisation from you by leveling up your character stats automatically for you. The only real choice you get is to swap between abilities. It's almost as if they game gives you a present, but then has someone else open it for you. Leveling up is also meant to bring with it better loot drops, but we'll get to that.

Next, there's the story. Put it this way - you don't replay this game for the story. Plus the difficuly of the game - What is it with games these days being so easy unless you crank the difficulty all the way up? And why can't I up the difficulty from the start of this game? Diablo is so easy on the Normal setting and even on Nightmare it is embarassing, meaning players who play it for the story get through it once easily, and don't feel the need to play it again.

Lastly, and most importantly, the loot, because at its core, Diablo is a loot game. Nothing beats the feeling of finding an awesome loot upgrade. The biggest problem with Diablo 3 is that its loot system has been quite obviously designed entirely around the online auction house economy, and this most important game reward system is severely compromised as a result. Playing previous Diablo games was addictive, because of the constant drip feeding of slightly better loot. The problem with Diablo 3 is that Blizzard wants you to use the online auction house, and wants it to have a healthy economy with reasonable prices for gold and loot. They want good gear to be worth shelling out for. They want premium loot to command a premium price. The problem is when you are dealing with real money, you immediately lure 'bots and professional players to spend thousands of hours farming gold and loot to sell. This necessitates good loot drops to be ridiculously rare, because if loot drops weren't tuned for these players, the auction house would be flooded with cheap quality gear. If the game gave typical players good loot drops, there's no need to use the auction house, and items in the auction house would be worthless. Further, to protect their online real money economy (and handily to also act as DRM), this necessitated the horrible requirement of the game being online only, with a thin game client connecting to Blizzard's servers to proof it against hackers. No internet, or servers offline? Sorry, no game. No offline play forces all players into their new in-game economy. Because face it, if you were allowed offline play, the save files would be offline too, and that opens up the game to inventory editors, which would take money and value away from items in the auction house. To further increase the demand for good gear, they have made the game so difficult on the hardest level that you are fully dependent on having quality gear just to survive, and with good loot drops being so rare, you almost have to resort to pay to win. And repair costs for your gear are also high, meaning if you die a lot, you quickly run out of gold trying to repair the gear you have. Even if you're fine with paying to win, typical casual players have next to no chance of being rewarded for playing the game by having that rush of euphoria that comes with good gear drops that keeps you coming back to the game. So unfortunately the loot reward aspect of the game has been compromised severely.

To add to the disappointment is the level design, which degrades as you play through the game. It's obvious that care was lavished on Act 1, but by the end of the game, that same quality isn't there. The game's signature random levels aren't random enough, not making the game feel unique enough on repeated play throughs. Plus making a mockery of Blizzard's "when it's done" release approach, Diablo 3 is still most definitely not 'done', with the promised PVP feature still missing from the game.

So there you have it. A once-great franchise, compromised by Blizzard Activision's attempt to create another ongoing revenue stream. If this game didn't bear the Diablo name, nobody would have bothered with this game and put up with the awful loot drops and always on DRM. It's unfortunate that Diablo 3 is so unrewarding to play, because there is still a slick hack-n-slash engine in there. I wonder if 10 years after the release of this game, you'll even still be able to play it if Blizzard deem it too expensive to keep the online servers going. Blizzard should have identified these fundamental game issues. This game is too expensive at any price.
  29. Dec 2, 2012
    Beautiful graphics, nice first impression. Very careless changes and maintenance by Blizzard turn the game into a constant source of frustration.
    Every week, your long hours boosting a character, turn to waste due to 'engine balance'.
    Then you spend hours of farming getting awesome items just to login in and see they halved the power of your equipped items. The only way to like this

The only way to like this game is start playing it now; or stop playing after finishing it on easy mode.
    If you, like me, started playing on the release date, that's not possible anymore.
  30. Dec 2, 2012
    For a game that spent so long in development, There is no excuse for Blizzard releasing the game that we got. This game is a slap in the face to any fan of the previous releases. The game-play is completely boring and repetitive, the voice work is very annoying, the art style while not bad, doesn't fit a Diablo game (It is really more suited for WOW) and the story is so thin you can seeFor a game that spent so long in development, There is no excuse for Blizzard releasing the game that we got. This game is a slap in the face to any fan of the previous releases. The game-play is completely boring and repetitive, the voice work is very annoying, the art style while not bad, doesn't fit a Diablo game (It is really more suited for WOW) and the story is so thin you can see through it. This whole game feels phoned-in, like there was no heart behind it. Expand
  31. Dui
    Dec 2, 2012
    I will be as straight as I can possibly be. Either you are a Diablo fan who played the previous games and now you are deeply frightened of what has became with our deeply loved franchise, or on the other hand you are an youngling who doesnt know a thing and is pretty happy with the DIII. If the first case is true for you, get Path of Exile and try to forget this has been ever released.
  32. Dec 2, 2012
    this game is very shti

Purchased, unable to log in even once in 12 hours. This would be counted as fraud in any other industry but for some reason on this game I intend to play single player it's 'to be expected', just terrible. http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-3579935-1-1.html

33. Nov 30, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a profoundly disappointing game. It does at least provide an experience that capitalizes on the success and addictive game play of Diablo 2, but therein lies the problem. Nothing about this game is innovative. Everything feels like a cheap attempt to cash in on previous glory. The gameplay of Diablo 3 doesn't offer anything that we haven't already seen in previous BlizzardDiablo 3 is a profoundly disappointing game. It does at least provide an experience that capitalizes on the success and addictive game play of Diablo 2, but therein lies the problem. Nothing about this game is innovative. Everything feels like a cheap attempt to cash in on previous glory. The gameplay of Diablo 3 doesn't offer anything that we haven't already seen in previous Blizzard titles. It's the same tired old formulas repeated ad naseum. Every system is familiar and every plot point is painfully predictable.

Thankfully there is at least some entertainment to be had in playing through the game with friends. The multi-player coop IS easy to use makes grouping with friends a simple and enjoyable experience. Unfortunately this doesn't help you shake the feeling that everything you see already happened eight years ago. No meaningful new experiences are presented to the player. The graphics are new, the social experiences are novel, and the Auction House is a phenomenon bordering on the surreal, but at it's core Diablo 3 is a game we've already played.

Save your time, save your money. Dig out those Diablo 2 CD's, set up a LAN game with your friends (one that's still allowed) and have just as much without blowing $60 on a product you already own.
  34. Nov 29, 2012
    This game is THE most disastrous game ever created in the 21st Century. Diablo 3 in a few words is a mind-numbing, boring, repetitive grind to level 60. The levels are very poorly designed; with many recurring invariant levels, and the most atrocious act being the direct copy of the Mount Arreat's theme pixel for pixel from the previous expansion. It's a mixed feeling, especially comingThis game is THE most disastrous game ever created in the 21st Century. Diablo 3 in a few words is a mind-numbing, boring, repetitive grind to level 60. The levels are very poorly designed; with many recurring invariant levels, and the most atrocious act being the direct copy of the Mount Arreat's theme pixel for pixel from the previous expansion. It's a mixed feeling, especially coming from Blizzard, it's as though the production theme picked up full speed during the designing of Act I, after which it just derails very rapidly to a repeated Act 3, and Act 4 being a huge mindless rush to the final boss. The replayability value of the game is very low, with people getting bored with the grind to even complete it the first time round, especially the abysmally difficult progression between difficulty levels, without, of course, resulting to the auction house. There are 2 sides of the coin here, as people spending money or gold for obscenely powerful items would be rapidly bored with its content. In a sense, the whole central theme of the dungeon-crawl feel of the original diablo series is now destroyed with this new effect, and if I may use an analogy, some crude form of a corporate ladder climb that is accentuated if one has the monetary resources to execute it. It is such a horrible game that I feel compelled to actually create a metacritic account for the sole purpose of typing this review in order to warn people off the most ridiculously over-hyped game probably in the history of the universe (13.7 billion years). The game is designed to ridiculously long, with one typically dying over 9000 times before reaching Diablo himself on inferno difficulty, and along with the repetitive content and the drop rates which are probably lower than the odds of drawing a royal-flush hand in Texas Hold-em. I have not checked yet but I'm probably filing a complaint to the UN human rights watch as this actually constitutes some rudimentary form of human mental torture that is probably on par with the detainees in Guantanamo Bay.

SPOILERS: Deckard cain turns into diablo. and pink fluffy bunnies pop out from tristram. and the villagers are stuck on gangnam style...
  35. Nov 28, 2012
    It would be a good game, if the RM-AH will be removed. The RM-AH destroyed the whole game, because you can buy everything you want from there, also when you have no gold. And it´s also a totally gear based game. If you have no gear, you have no chance. This game was definitely designed like a free-to-play-game,
  36. Nov 27, 2012
    The first play-through of the "story" is not bad. The game definitely has a lot of the character of its predecessors and there's a lot of nostalgia surrounding it as a result. However, once the first play-through is done and you try to move further up the difficulty levels, it simply turns into a repetitious mess focused on one thing: forcing you to play through the same crap over...andThe first play-through of the "story" is not bad. The game definitely has a lot of the character of its predecessors and there's a lot of nostalgia surrounding it as a result. However, once the first play-through is done and you try to move further up the difficulty levels, it simply turns into a repetitious mess focused on one thing: forcing you to play through the same crap over...and over...and over. The items that you legitimately find are terrible, usually 10-15 levels below your character and as such, completely useless. It's not even worth thinking about trying to rely on your own gear drops for your gear because the drop rates are horrendous. Far superior items can be found on the auction house for the amount of gold dropped by running through a small dungeon for the 1000th time. The story is just barely present during the progression through the game, but after the first play-through you don't even care, just click-click-click through everything as fast as possible to get through the painfully repetitive gameplay. Expand
  37. Nov 26, 2012
    I won't give Diablo III a 0/10. It did have smooth combat, unfortunately that's it. I won't complain that the story sucked, we all expected that as it's far from the point of a game series which was made famous as a hack and slash dungeon crawler. Everything we DO expect from Diablo has been taken out. Skill, Attributes, world PVP, not being able to just buy your way through everythingI won't give Diablo III a 0/10. It did have smooth combat, unfortunately that's it. I won't complain that the story sucked, we all expected that as it's far from the point of a game series which was made famous as a hack and slash dungeon crawler. Everything we DO expect from Diablo has been taken out. Skill, Attributes, world PVP, not being able to just buy your way through everything with real cash. Rather than tailoring to the audience Blizzard took a "you'll enjoy what we allow you to enjoy" approach. We were forced online even for single player which wouldn't, alone, be the absolute death of the game if the server functioned half as well as the decade old Diablo II servers. Rather than customizable character builds we were forced into pre-designed characters on which the biggest difference was whether or not when you leaped you did AOE damage on falling or if it had a shorter cooldown. To replace the customizable character builds we got an overly intricate item system in which even the top tier items have stats that vary so much that no one knows where the cap's are; the item system, rather than promoting farming and gearing new characters instead just causes people to give up and shell out more real life cash to get even decent gear. In other words the entire game is tailored so that in order to reach any sort of endgame gearing level or pvp-ready level, the only two options are hundreds of hours of mindless grinding for items which, once they drop, may not even have any usable stats, or giving up hope and giving blizzard more money. That's it. The entire depth of this game can be summed up as, "try to get them hooked with smooth combat and flashy cinematics, force them to pay us more if they want their characters to be even slightly different from anyone else". Sorry for the length, and I try to be as objective as possible, but the fact of the matter is they had a system that worked and, when they saw a window for more cash, they let greed ruin it. Expand
  38. Nov 26, 2012
    Don't waste your time, get Torchlight 2 or Guild Wars 2. Diablo has been gone since D2. The current team is garbage and so is the game. It's really a shame what has been done to this franchise. I remember being a teen playing the original Diablo, those were the days. D3 has NONE of the depth of D2!
  39. Nov 26, 2012
    For 60 $ Its not worth it one bit.....get Torchlight 2 for the fraction of the price. I expected way more from blizzard....it had so much potential and the hype was high, i just wonder what happened......
  40. Nov 26, 2012
    I was extremely disappointed. This is a soul-less Diablo clone. Items are impotent. Characters dull. Story uneventful. There is nothing trippy or even remotely enjoyable. Jay Wilson should be fired and D3 should be totally redone in the expansion, this is an absolute joke of a successor to probably the best game ever made, D2. Dave Brevik, we miss ya buddy.
  41. Nov 26, 2012
    Lab rats in a labyrinth in search of cheese.

But wait... You can also sell cheese to another rats for real money! A whole new level of inhuman experiments.
  42. Nov 26, 2012
    The biggest problem with Diablo 3 is that it shows that Blizzard now treat their paying customers with contempt, nothing but cattle to milk dry, and it's an attitude built into the games. The Real Money Auction House and Always On DRM mean that now Blizzard can push an update at any moment and you get it whether you want it or not. So if Blizzard want to improve their end of financial yearThe biggest problem with Diablo 3 is that it shows that Blizzard now treat their paying customers with contempt, nothing but cattle to milk dry, and it's an attitude built into the games. The Real Money Auction House and Always On DRM mean that now Blizzard can push an update at any moment and you get it whether you want it or not. So if Blizzard want to improve their end of financial year statement, they can push a patch to increase difficulty to encourage in game purchases. Blizzard must have thought the many years they had statisticians monitoring and balancing the economy of Diablo 2 was knowledge they could "monetize". Diablo 3 is setup around the premise of an economy that Blizzard control completely and can fiddle the numbers to maximise profit.
    So it's no surprise then that the game sucks. The idea of "builds" that made Diablo 2 so much fun has effectively been removed by the "casualisation" of the game at the earlier difficulty levels to increase the customer base. It's now impossible to ruin your character. The game is now about finding (or paying real) money instead of finding items. The plot is also horrible.
    Avoid at all cost.
  43. Nov 23, 2012
    Bibotan read ! stupid **** !!!! BIBORAN !!

Unfortunately a disaster. Repetitive and nothing that we haven't seen in other hack and slash games. Good visuals but nothing more. Insípid story/background and too little classes. I think that this is a good moment to Blizzard rethink their future plans about Diablo.
  44. Nov 22, 2012
    Don't mind the game, the graphics or anything else. BUT the support is THE WORST!! Your account gets locked for no understandable reason, then you password email never shows up! I logged into this site, registered, got a new account AND verified my metacritic email...all before ever getting my Diablo confirmation email!!! Ridiculous...not to mention support doesnt come in until 10am, and is PST!!!
  45. Nov 21, 2012
    For a game that has been postponed for 10 years Diablo 3 left much to be desired. From a short campaign to the online. Act I - II were decent lengths whilst, Act III and IV seemed to be rushed and left more to be desired. The amount of hot fixing that has been made to the game shouldn't have if Blizzard would have originally listened to the community. The legendary drops were mediocreFor a game that has been postponed for 10 years Diablo 3 left much to be desired. From a short campaign to the online. Act I - II were decent lengths whilst, Act III and IV seemed to be rushed and left more to be desired. The amount of hot fixing that has been made to the game shouldn't have if Blizzard would have originally listened to the community. The legendary drops were mediocre compared to that of rares. Diablo 3 becomes a grinding mess after finishing Hell mode. It seems it was set up to prevent the player from advancing through inferno mode keeping them to do endless runs trying to obtain decent gear. Many players found ways to make this easier and Blizzard either changed or nerfed their methods. It also seems classes were and possible are not balanced. While a hunter could take out enemies in inferno mode with one or two hits, another player using any other class could have much more difficulty on doing so. It made the player base just run around with DH characters instead of actually offering variety. No PvP upon release is another reason why this game has failed and the overpowered DH must be the reason why. The combat system is basic and not as complex as the other Diablos and falls far behind them. The only plus to this game is the RMAH and AH where players can sell items for real money or player money. I have to say after playing Diablo for 3 months I left the game and never looking back. It can continue be the failure mess Blizzard made it to be. Expand
  46. Nov 21, 2012
    This game is terrible and nothing like the previous games. If you like auction house simulators, then this game is for you. I had absolutely no fun playing this game at all.
  47. Nov 17, 2012
    Diablo III doesn't even deserve a review, it just doesn't. It's quite bad after your first playthrough.

Not only is the lead designer (Jay Wilson) a total douche who should get his nutsack torn off by chainsaw-wielding killer sharks, but his "masterpiece" (as he calls it) single handedly destroyed the Diablo series (and this is coming from a fan of D1. I'm not even a hardcore fan either). All I can really say is that it was created as a cash cow because of the Real Money Auction House. Why do I claim this? There's no other reason they would completely obliterate a specialization of playstyle every single patch, expecting players to buy a whole new set of gear. The Increased Attack Speed nerf as well as multiple nerfs to special Wizard builds are a testament of this. Rather than making the speccs still playable, they nerfed them to the ground completely. Why? MONEY MONEY MONEY!

I could go on an on about how the game itself actually sucks, but I think the 4.7k+ negative reviews would tell you this. While I'll admit at least 2k or so are from nerd-raging, hardcore, D2 fans, many of them are new players of Diablo, and they too will admit this game is garbage. I feel ripped off and I got this game for FREE.
  48. Dop
    Nov 13, 2012
    i was expecting something awesome coming for blizzard, but this game is Diacrap 3, the skill system is a joke, the Rmah rules the game and the drops there is nothing left here. im going to try to rollback my CC charge awful game...
  49. Nov 13, 2012
    In soviet Blizzard game plays you!
    In soviet Blizzard game plays you!
    Poor loot quality leaves comrades feel unrewarded and dependent on the auction house. Required internet connection screws the people out of playing single player games when Blizzards servers are down for maintenance. No ability to color or hide or personalize legendary items, steals creativity and individuality. No cheats or mods allowed for single player (multiplier is understandable, but what is a PC game with no cheats or mods for single player? it kills innovation, fun, and community) No sense of ownership or pride when playing this game. You feel like your playing the game the way soviet Blizzard wants you to play not the way you want to play. Shame on you Blizzard and your iron fist.
  50. Nov 13, 2012
    If you played Diablo and Diablo II, then you'll know exactly what to expect in Diablo III. Most of the standard Diablo game elements are here, along with some new elements added in to modernize the game. So where did Blizzard go long? The game take far too long to get anywhere or to progress your character, the game favors grinding over exploration and progression and Blizzard has treatedIf you played Diablo and Diablo II, then you'll know exactly what to expect in Diablo III. Most of the standard Diablo game elements are here, along with some new elements added in to modernize the game. So where did Blizzard go long? The game take far too long to get anywhere or to progress your character, the game favors grinding over exploration and progression and Blizzard has treated this game more of a MMORPG then what it should have been, a dungeon crawl. What's even more unforgivable is the fact Blizzard has actually changed drop rates to encourage players to use their over stuffed, over hyped auction house system for the game. Crippling the player's equipment just to force them to use another feature is terrible. Expand
  51. Nov 10, 2012
    Short content. Not rewarding replayability. Pay-to-win system. Mostly single player. PvP system is not implemented and if done will be frustrating due to pay-to-win. It is fun to complete first playthrough which is about 8 hours but then it is really not worth playing. But such content is okay only for a 1 year in development $10 indie game, not an AAA title as advertised and expected fromShort content. Not rewarding replayability. Pay-to-win system. Mostly single player. PvP system is not implemented and if done will be frustrating due to pay-to-win. It is fun to complete first playthrough which is about 8 hours but then it is really not worth playing. But such content is okay only for a 1 year in development $10 indie game, not an AAA title as advertised and expected from Blizzard and most of the reviewers (who did not play past the first few hours - maybe that's the reason). Buy it to play once if the price is cheap enough for you. That is it. Expand
  52. Nov 9, 2012
  53. Nov 9, 2012
    Nothing compared to the original Diablo's. This game was fun for maybe the first 30 hours of gameplay IF your playing online with friends, because there is no single player. Overall I really dont have much to say about it because it was one of those play and throw away games that I will probably never touch again.. Stale, repetitive, uninspired, manufactured hype cash in for Blizzard thatNothing compared to the original Diablo's. This game was fun for maybe the first 30 hours of gameplay IF your playing online with friends, because there is no single player. Overall I really dont have much to say about it because it was one of those play and throw away games that I will probably never touch again.. Stale, repetitive, uninspired, manufactured hype cash in for Blizzard that came out with a torrent of server issues causing half the user base to uproar which is what most of these bad reviews are for. So theres that, but then again, it was fun for a bit, this is something you would spend 20 bucks on when your sick of all your other games. Expand
  54. Nov 9, 2012
    Funny, I could have sworn I already reviewed this game. Anyhoo, I can only describe this game as a purchased virus. The few times I could actually play the game, every session was preceded by an hour of patch downloads. Now, I cannot use it at all. My account has been arbitrarily blocked more than once- This already happened to my WoW accout as well after I quit playing it for years.Funny, I could have sworn I already reviewed this game. Anyhoo, I can only describe this game as a purchased virus. The few times I could actually play the game, every session was preceded by an hour of patch downloads. Now, I cannot use it at all. My account has been arbitrarily blocked more than once- This already happened to my WoW accout as well after I quit playing it for years. I spent way too much time trying to receive support since you need to log in to their crap for EVERYTHING. I refuse to MAIL them a copy of my driver's license or PURCHASE their authenticator to "avoid issues" such as this. When I had finally had enough of the ridiculous hoop jumping I went to uninstall everything Blizzard but their uninstall program does not uninstall the game- it just takes the shortcut off the desktop. Nice! This company should be the target of a class-action lawsuit. Their business strategies are nothing short of CRIMINAL. The game itself isn't horrible, but definitely not worth all the headaches to keep it going. It's like dealing with the DMV. I just want it OFF my system. I am done with everything Blizzard. Torchlight 2 is the way to go. Expand
  55. Nov 8, 2012
    Awful and dumbed down in every singe way,The RMAH turn this game in a simple pay 2 win. thx god that i could rollback the charges in my CC. DOnt waste ur money in this crap....
    Awful and dumbed down in every singe
  56. Nov 7, 2012
    Really? They actually named this pile of **** Diablo 3 ? wtf is this? Where is all the enjoyment Diablo 2 and Lod had? Where are the real unique (golden) items as seen in Diablo2/LoD ? Oh i get it it's some graphics built around an Auction House system, gj job Blizzard finally one company understood the whole thing behind enjoying games..... NOT! In all honesty, this was the last Title iReally? They actually named this pile of **** Diablo 3 ? wtf is this? Where is all the enjoyment Diablo 2 and Lod had? Where are the real unique (golden) items as seen in Diablo2/LoD ? Oh i get it it's some graphics built around an Auction House system, gj job Blizzard finally one company understood the whole thing behind enjoying games..... NOT! In all honesty, this was the last Title i touched from Blizzard, and i was a freaking Fanboy, loving all their stuff regardless what others would say, but this game is such a letdown and such a disgrace to the Diablo series and Blizzard, it's just unforgivable.

Better head out and play the Grand Torchlight II, which actually has the original Diablo2 team behind it afaik, atleast it feels like it does.
  57. Nov 6, 2012
    My brother and i were naturally excited when the game was finally announced. We both picked up copies, played for a while and found the game to be VERY lackluster. The games environment, menu layouts and gameplay SCREAMED WoW, which i personally was NOT happy about. Oh, and f*ck the auction house. Blizzard has ruined a classic series with Copy/Pasting just about EVERYTHING from World ofMy brother and i were naturally excited when the game was finally announced. We both picked up copies, played for a while and found the game to be VERY lackluster. The games environment, menu layouts and gameplay SCREAMED WoW, which i personally was NOT happy about. Oh, and f*ck the auction house. Blizzard has ruined a classic series with Copy/Pasting just about EVERYTHING from World of WarCrap and adjusting it to better fit the scenario. If i could i would gladly return this game, but Gamestop will not allow it because the disc has been "used." I made it to about level 10 or so, and got bored with the game. Its currently back in its case, in the box on my shelf and will continue to sit there collecting dust until i decide to sell it or throw it away. Now that Blizzard has released the "starter edition" on the website i would HIGHLY suggest to ANYONE considering the game to try that first. I found this game to be a complete and utter waste. I hope the guys at Blizzard realize what theyve done, and choke on it. Expand
  58. Nov 5, 2012
    Why a Zero ? Cause i was insulted, people was insulted, intelligence was insulted, world gaming was too.
    Cause people defends a BAD work, an unfinished work, an erroneous project.
    Cause people defends a BAD work, an unfinished work, an erroneous project.
    Cause people are becoming zombies..... without no idea and no common sense.... This game is a failure, the only online feature, forums moderators attitude, DIII Ceo insulting people intellect is FASCISM. I can not change the world, but i have moral principles, and bli$$ard deserve to be boicoted until bankruptcy. No more idiots making games please !!!!
  59. Nov 5, 2012
    At first I really enjoyed this game. The visuals are great and it really sets up a good atmosphere. However the game is lacking in a lot of respects. The developers seem to have a "play our way" mentality. This can be seen in the dumbing down of the stat system and the persistent manipulation of skills done every through updates. The stat system doesn't allow you to dump points into any ofAt first I really enjoyed this game. The visuals are great and it really sets up a good atmosphere. However the game is lacking in a lot of respects. The developers seem to have a "play our way" mentality. This can be seen in the dumbing down of the stat system and the persistent manipulation of skills done every through updates. The stat system doesn't allow you to dump points into any of your attributes, instead it allocates your skill points into attributes based on your class, which disallows for true character customization. The updates are constantly manipulating the skills so that players are more likely to play a character in the "way they were intended." These points alone would be enough for me to conclude that Diablo 3 is a lackluster RPG. Combine it with the a short and sub-par story line (that you will likely have to play several times for gear) and a multiplayer with a "thrown together" feel, I would have to recommend anyone considering buying Diablo 3 to save their $60 and look into buying a different game that actually has RPG elements and a half decent storyline. Expand
  60. Nov 4, 2012
    How can you take the Diablo franchise and turn it into this? I loved the original, like Diablo II even more, but this falls flat. (how many years did I wait for this?) Yes lots of clicking and killing things, but the story, or lack of it is a big issue. They took everything special out of the game and made it feel mechanical.. Not the Diablo I remember and love.
  61. Nov 1, 2012
    Players of previous Diablo titles know that you don't buy Diablo for a single play through. But after only a few play throughs, I got very tired of this game. The levels feel more repetitive than older versions, the game system lacks balance, making it too easy to level up a character with low player skill. And the auction and crafting system don't warrant the ridiculously long time itPlayers of previous Diablo titles know that you don't buy Diablo for a single play through. But after only a few play throughs, I got very tired of this game. The levels feel more repetitive than older versions, the game system lacks balance, making it too easy to level up a character with low player skill. And the auction and crafting system don't warrant the ridiculously long time it took to develop this. All the fan boy gripes aside (graphics not "dark" enough, always-online DRM, troubles at launch, EU/US issues, etc.) it is still not the game I would expect for the money. You're better off buying Torchlight 2, if this type of game is your thing. Expand
  62. Oct 28, 2012
    This was a serious disappointment on many levels, ranging from gameplay complexity, through atmosphere, replayability, player interaction, gear availability, variability, and accessibility, to unacceptable story cheesiness. I know Diablo and D2 were not the deepest out there, but the genuinely horror atmosphere and murky, uncertain background made the actually stand out as original. DIIIThis was a serious disappointment on many levels, ranging from gameplay complexity, through atmosphere, replayability, player interaction, gear availability, variability, and accessibility, to unacceptable story cheesiness. I know Diablo and D2 were not the deepest out there, but the genuinely horror atmosphere and murky, uncertain background made the actually stand out as original. DIII is totally the worst of cookie-cutter evil vs. good you can find, and it is so bad it made me almost choke. The game still offers decently paced dynamic combat and some nice, albeit too colorful, art, but it was not enough for me, certainly not at the given price. Oh, and the always-online requirement, especially given the incessant server trouble, is in my opinion unforgivable. Expand
  63. Oct 28, 2012
    This is NOT Diablo. The characters sound like arrogant chilldren, the game is COMPLETELY linear, the graphics are too "childish" and lack the dark ambiance of D2 and D1. This game is dumb. It's been 5 months since its launch and we still don't have PVP. Things just get nerfed. I want D2.
  64. Oct 26, 2012
    I read the reviews. I chose to ignore them. I loved D2 and for some reason figured that the user reviews MUST have it wrong. Turns out the users are the ones who are right; I wish I paid more attention to them. Learn from my mistake! This game is a waste of money and does not follow in the footsteps of its' predecessor.
  65. Oct 26, 2012
    SIMPLY THE WORST PC GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!
    Read through all the reviews on Amazon.com, and you'll see everything that goes into the title of my review. So ... I'm not going to review, and, thus, become redundant. But take my word for it, all the bad things you have heard about this game, they're true ... as true as the dial to the sun or an arrow to its aim.
    This game is ridiculous
    SIMPLY THE WORST PC GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!

This game is ridiculous for this day and age in the gaming world. The graphics, the story line, the mechanics, etc., etc., etc. It feels like I am playing the original Neverwinter Nights, (which was a wonderful game for its time, I might add) but MUCH worse, because it is completely and utterly linear. And again, the graphics are straight out of the mid-90s. What the heck were they thinking?

I spent $59.99 on a pre-order for this game, expecting something ground-breaking. What I got was the hugest disappointment I have ever experienced in the age of computer games. I feel as though Blizzard reached their hands in my wallet and pulled out three $20 bills when I wasn't looking.

If you haven't purchased the game yet, heed my advice and the rest of the negative reviews here ... DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
  66. Oct 24, 2012
    Why do all game devs these days only care about money. Screw your auction house, the whole point of the game is to collect stuff yourself, what is the point if you can just buy the items in the auction house? It's stupid. The game itself is too easy, Story wasn't that great,graphics are good, and gameplay is good. I just can't give a game a good score when the game itself is repetative andWhy do all game devs these days only care about money. Screw your auction house, the whole point of the game is to collect stuff yourself, what is the point if you can just buy the items in the auction house? It's stupid. The game itself is too easy, Story wasn't that great,graphics are good, and gameplay is good. I just can't give a game a good score when the game itself is repetative and you can't play offline. The game should be limitless and not have it's limits. Get your s**t together or get out. That's all I can say. Expand
  67. Oct 23, 2012
    This game is GARBAGE. Absolute GARBAGE. I payed 80 f*cking dollars for GARBAGE. The game gives you **** loot no matter what you do, so you have to get all of your gear from the auction house so Blizzard can make even more money. Congratulations, Blizzard: you've ruined the Diablo universe! I'm not even going to try and describe the "story" of this game - it's that f*cking bad. 0/10 forThis game is GARBAGE. Absolute GARBAGE. I payed 80 f*cking dollars for GARBAGE. The game gives you **** loot no matter what you do, so you have to get all of your gear from the auction house so Blizzard can make even more money. Congratulations, Blizzard: you've ruined the Diablo universe! I'm not even going to try and describe the "story" of this game - it's that f*cking bad. 0/10 for this turd of a game. JAY WILSON? F*CK THAT LOSER! Expand
  68. Oct 21, 2012
    Well, I only have one thing to say to this game. If you choose to play this game because you believed this is a MULTIPLAYER and ONLINE game, you are sadly mistaken. If Blizzard only had advertise this game correctly, it should be a single player game with access to online auction system and LAN. And it is a single player game with a boring campaign.
  69. Oct 19, 2012
    Good until I reached level 60...After level 60 game became extremely repetitive, I mean i get it, this game is about getting better and better stuff isnt it? well my hope to loot a legendary or a set item kept me playing this game and finally....FINALLY got my 1rst legendary:

a crossbowvery good stats but...543dps, price in AH = 50k gold It's been almost 2 months since the last time

a crossbowvery good stats but...543dps, price in AH = 50k gold

It's been almost 2 months since the last time I logged in, I played this game 183 hours so I know what im talking about, being a Wizard I suffered patch 1.0.4 nerf, when I read about another nerf to my CM build in the upcoming 1.0.5 patch which took me those 183 hours to get the items I just stoped playing

And that's about the gameplay, I won't get started on the low fps/stuttering issues but to resume that problem:

I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW ALIENWARE AND GUESS WHAT? I CAN'T GET MORE THAN 25FPS IN COMBAT. I opened a ticket in customer support but they couldn't help me

My hope in this game is dead. Don't even try the demo, this crap is not worth it
  70. Oct 19, 2012
    After enjoying D2 years ago and years of waiting I must admit I'm disappointed. Don't know if time passed by Diablo or something else, but this game is BOOORING!! I hardly managed to play 2-3 hours and then went to cry for my money. Don't think I'll be back playing this anymore. Maybe I should give it change to get better but this 3 hours was too much... Feels like I played 30 hours.
  71. Oct 16, 2012
    I was going to give this game a deserved 9 out of 10 ... but can't. I've managed MINIMAL game time due to server issues. I don't care what the 'DO GOODERS' keep saying about 'Have patience'. I'm sorry, I've bought Diablo 3 to play when I wanted. Blizzard have my money therefore my side of the agreement has been met. Sadly, Blizzard have FAILED to do their part. The biggest challenge isI was going to give this game a deserved 9 out of 10 ... but can't. I've managed MINIMAL game time due to server issues. I don't care what the 'DO GOODERS' keep saying about 'Have patience'. I'm sorry, I've bought Diablo 3 to play when I wanted. Blizzard have my money therefore my side of the agreement has been met. Sadly, Blizzard have FAILED to do their part. The biggest challenge is getting past the login screen. TO THE DO GOODERS ... If you bought a car and it only came with three wheels and you were told the other one will be here in a weeks time, you'd complain. You would say 'Hold on, I've paid for a car with 4 wheels'. Well that is EXACTLY what WE the NEGATIVE REVIEWERS are writing about. It's POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and in these modern times we DESERVE more from a company who make computer games. I'm not bothered that it's day one etc etc etc. I've PAID MY MONEY and I want to PLAY THE GAME I paid for. That's the way the world works. Expand
  72. Oct 15, 2012
    I nicely done game, but that is about it imho. If you love Diablo, and Blizz, then the game is a must. As much as I liked D2 and other Blizz games, I couldn't get myself to play beyond 20 something hours. Maybe we players expect nowadays too much? Whatever the case or reason, I can not see the reason behind 100% score reviews. Very misleading. User score average here seems to be much moreI nicely done game, but that is about it imho. If you love Diablo, and Blizz, then the game is a must. As much as I liked D2 and other Blizz games, I couldn't get myself to play beyond 20 something hours. Maybe we players expect nowadays too much? Whatever the case or reason, I can not see the reason behind 100% score reviews. Very misleading. User score average here seems to be much more realistic. Expand
  73. Oct 14, 2012
    Very bad game, outdated graphics, for a game that has been in developpment for 10 years this is a huge shame, it's going to be ported on consoles, pvp is late, game mechanics are bad, this game screams bad all over the place. I am a huge diablo fan but the third is just a pile of dump.
    Blizzard should quit Activision's deadly grasp already
  74. Oct 14, 2012
    I get sad when I think of what the game could have been but isn't. Everything from launch issues that kept me from playing for the first week to the fact that you have to trudge through every single difficulty level in order before the game gets anything close to challenging - I don't know what Blizzard had in their minds with this game and I'd be curious to know if even they did.

Most

Most everything has been simplified and randomized to such an extent that nearly no drops you get are good, almost forcing you to go to the in-game auction house which completely nullifies the purpose of a dungeon crawler in the first place. Diablo 2 was about grinding for loot, slowly getting better and more exciting items. Diablo 3 has no exciting items and you rarely find anything better than what the AH has to offer. Your best bet is to just grind gold and spend it on the market. They made a game with features completely contradictory of its purpose, which is very sad indeed.

Is it a bad game? Not per se. Combat is fun once you get to Inferno and enemies finally are difficulty, but then again you have to grind through the same content 3 times before you get there which is simply not worth it. Class design is quite good, the classes feel unique and complete, but again you only get to feel that in Inferno. They just borked this game completely, so many bad decisions must have taken place during the development of the game.

Other points of interest: Despite big names voice acting is mostly horrid, but I'd wager that the god awful script is at fault here. Not easy to perform when the material you have sucks. The story is so predictable and generic that at no point during the game was it a surprise when **** turned into *****. No epic twist, no interesting storytelling. Blizzard dropped the ball monumentally on this game which is nothing but an utter shame.
  75. Oct 14, 2012
    It's interesting to see how some people come up with certain visions with this game that are completely untrue:

Xon - The game is well balanced / The story suffices - The game is anything but balanced. All the classes are completely broken, especially the Barbarian which seems to get buffed every patch while every other class gets nerfed. With the new monster power system coming

Xon - The game is well balanced / The story suffices

- The game is anything but balanced. All the classes are completely broken, especially the Barbarian which seems to get buffed every patch while every other class gets nerfed. With the new monster power system coming in, it makes absolutely no sense to play any other class other than a Barbarian. This should put up a red flag about the supposed balance. The story is lame at best; professional script writers have actually poked fun at D3's story as being one of the worst story line's they've ever seen.

Karma_Police - Everything that makes a good game is there / "when" they polish the game the game could be the best game in pc history / Blizzard fixing the issues.

- Haha ok this is a real doozy here.. how much exactly have you had to drink when you wrote that? The only thing the game has that could even remotely considered to make it great is it's graphics. It lacks everything else, from the music, to the balance, down to the non-randomness of the maps. They aren't fixing anything, they take about 150 steps backwards with each patch, tipping the scales in favor of not only Barbarians but a small % of players who use the rmah. Things like this have been pointed out since it's release. The only thing Karma has right is the loot system is crap, as well as, the DRM.,

For those of you looking at this and wavering on whether or not to buy D3; you need to know the truth, and not be subjected to these lies these 2 have put forth.

The only way this game will work for you is if you don't plan on progressing past Normal mode (which should take you maybe 35hrs of playtime at most. If your happy with spending $60 on that, then this game is for you. Keep in mind.. the 35hrs play time will probably take you about 200hrs real time due to the constant errors.
  76. Oct 13, 2012

Story is meh

Action House is terrible
    Missing key classes
    No PVP even now

What happened to Diablo?!
    (oh that's right, the main dev's went to Guild Wars and Torchlight)
  77. Oct 12, 2012
    Winner of this years Game Developer's Choice award for audio. This fact surprised me until I noticed that all the winners of their awards have a representative on their voting panel. Just pathetic.
  78. Oct 12, 2012
    Draconian DRM and since I'm on 3G connection mostly unplayable. The pay to win auction house, the intense lag since I live in Africa... its like something EA would make. Very disappointed, especially for this price tag
  79. Oct 10, 2012
    Cons: Auction House plays for you. Items are boring, repetitive, and other than your main stat / vitality the affixes are irrelevant. Linear Gameplay + only 5% f the maps are randomized. Online only. Matchmaking only, no custom games. Max of 4 people per game. Pros: Nice Graphics. Summary: I wouldn't bother with D3 unless Blizzard makes some serious, fundamental changes to it
  80. Oct 10, 2012
    After a development that took roughly ten years, you think that Blizzard would have included more ingame content. Perhaps the director thought that players would enjoy a more fast grind to the end? Diablo 3 is only a shell of what it really could be. Fun gameplay and multiplayer die quickly with a crazy short campaign with little incentive to repeat the journey. Also loot drops stillAfter a development that took roughly ten years, you think that Blizzard would have included more ingame content. Perhaps the director thought that players would enjoy a more fast grind to the end? Diablo 3 is only a shell of what it really could be. Fun gameplay and multiplayer die quickly with a crazy short campaign with little incentive to repeat the journey. Also loot drops still aren't fixed after continued patches. This game is in dire need of a campaign that can't be finished in less than 10 hours. Expand
  81. Oct 10, 2012
    Pompous, silly and boring story, talentless voiceactors. Mildly engaging gear grind, made boring since you can buy better stuff at the auction house anyway. I played through it on two difficulties, the second time was mostly boring, At the third difficulty I fell asleep in the starting town.

Disappointingly short and boring game from the formerly awesome company Blizzard.
  82. Oct 9, 2012
    I cannot find anything good to say about this game. I wanted to like it, but it has no lasting end game. I played D2 for 11 years. D3 = 1 month. Too much hype; an insanely long development time that shows nothing other than perhaps legal issues regarding the auction house. Very poor story. I cannot fathom an expansion based on the ending. I prefer having the ability to make customI cannot find anything good to say about this game. I wanted to like it, but it has no lasting end game. I played D2 for 11 years. D3 = 1 month. Too much hype; an insanely long development time that shows nothing other than perhaps legal issues regarding the auction house. Very poor story. I cannot fathom an expansion based on the ending. I prefer having the ability to make custom games not the auto-assigning. Inferno prior to the latest patch as of this writing was as a friend called it, "utterly ridiculous and a cheap gimmick" and stopped upon completing Hell difficulty. I persisted, but it was not until I found richer friends who could use the auction house could I progress past Act 2. I have a long list of friends who I played with (and I started on launch weeping through error 37), and none of them have logged in for over a month now. Most went back to WoW or some other game. I recently started playing D2 and Torchlight II; I can live without awesome graphics.

All I care about are things like end game, replay-ability, more diversity, less grinding, and an attempt by a company to maximize the development time listening to the community.

I get it. I'm a veteran and my eyes are clouded by nostalgia. Still, I put in my time. I tried all classes. Tried Hardcore. It doesn't work. I don't think the game can be patched to fix the issues. It was a colossal mistake from all angles. I don't care about SP. That bothers older players, but I didn't play D2 for the single player. The critics obviously did not play the game; they need to actually play these games before reviewing. I mean there is something seriously wrong with such a massive disparity 3.7 vs 88? Personally, I wish I never bought the game. I really thought it was going to be keeping me up night after night for months. I got into the beta, and I thought it was just a random area for us to test. In no way did I find elements of the teaser gameplay released in 2008 that was 10x better than what I was given.

All in all, do yourself a favor and play anything else or if you really want to play wait until it is on sale or a certain man in charge of this game gets fired for making abusive remarks and/or the company gets off the high horse and goes back to its garage days where it has to think about the gamers and not instant profit, residual income, and other gimmicks that failed to keep me and lots of others away. Yes, that was a run-on. Terrible....so terrible.

I give it a 1 out of 10. Nothing can save this franchise. SC2 has more hope. Warcraft will always be their baby. I got that much out of the 20 year anniversary they posted on the website. 75% Warcraft, 20% Starcraft, 5% (barely a mentioning) Diablo. Fin.
  83. Oct 9, 2012

It's biggest and most unforgivable flaw is of course the loot drops. They are geared around theWell after 60+ hours of playing the game I think I can finally conclude that there are way too many problems that are ingrained into the game due to design choices made by Blizzard. The first 10 or so hours were fun, it was new, it was shiny new, but after that it simply went downhill.

It's biggest and most unforgivable flaw is of course the loot drops. They are geared around the entire player population and no longer (like Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2) geared around the individual player, so what you get is total junk loot most of the time which then forces you into their gold or real money auction house to get items that are appropriate for your characters level just so that you can move on in the game.

Sure, some players may have the luck (somebody has to right?) and those items in the auction houses have to come from somewhere, and they do, from the lucky players or the players that have no life and do nothing but grind for hundreds of hours in D3, or from bots that grind just as mercilessly so that they can sell the good loot to real live players for gold (or real money) which they then turn around and sell the gold to the fool players that are willing to buy from 3rd party sites. Anyway, my point is that the loot is geared to drop around the entire population of players else their auction house wouldn't even work for them. So you can either grind for tens or hundreds of hours in hopes that you'll get a decent upgrade or go to the auction house and buy it with some gold or real money.

This directly conflicts with all of the ARPG's that I've ever played and I've played a lot, the whole auction house deal basically takes away the one guilty pleasure of these types of ARPG's which is to find new loot that are upgrades for your character.

Next we have the total respec, where you have no perminence with your character as you can change the skills as often as you change your socks (actually, probably more often) which means there's basically no reason to reroll a new character, just go to the auction house to buy some new gear to accompany your new chosen skills.

All in all this game has been a total and complete let down to both my wife, myself and about 75% of our friends that also bought it. Both my wife and I had been wanting a D3 since Diablo 2 LOD was released and have waited patiently for the past I don't know how many years, 7 or 8 years now. Unfortunately the game is so seriously flawed by poor design decisions by Blizzard developers and there's just no way to fix it as it's prime function for Blizzard is to make a revenue stream out of the auction house. As long as the auction houses remain, the loot drops will be based on total player population and the game will never have that feeling of achievement that you would normally get in games like Diablo 2, Titans Quest, Torchlight 1 & 2, Sacred etc etc etc, the list goes on and on an don.

I originally scored this game a 10, that was 4 hours and 54 minutes into play, it's now Oct, almost 5 months after release and the grind is still there and that is ONLY in HOPES that you might get an upgrade. please take my word for it when I tell you that it's simply not worth it, especially at the $60.00 price tag.

If on the other hand you hurry down to Toys r Us you can pick up Diablo 3 right now for only $9.99 If you buy it for under a 10er, then you'll likely get your moneys worth out of it with one play through, assuming you get loot that let's your character keep moving forward.

I can no longer in good conscience recommend this game to family or friends or even my worst enemies. Expand

84. Oct 9, 2012
    Pure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This gamePure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awfulPure overhyped garbage. THE disaster of this generation. This game is a failure, not deem to be called a PC game. This game is of subpar quality. Incredibly awful Expand
  85. Oct 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played two softcore characters to level 60 and a hardcore barbarian through Act 1 Inferno. The longer you play the more you see the short comings of the design decisions the development team made, when they tried to "revolutionize" the ARPG genre instead of sticking to time tested mechanics.

The replay value get's absolutely slaughtered by the "skill unlock and unlimited respec" system. There is no reason why I should play a barbarian again, when I have everything unlocked and the next playthrough would feel exactly the same. It feels a bit like being dragged through the game on railroad tracks. You never have to make a decision that has any permanence which kills the fun. Everything is done for you. This is not what I expect from a Diablo game. After playing every class to level 60 once you're done with the game. The terible loot and item system make it even worse, because playing the game feels like a waste of time on higher levels. You clean the same Act on Inferno two times just to be mocked with **** blue items. There is no feelling of reward which would keep you playing. You have the constant feeling that you are suposed to use the horrible Auction House just to be able to advance. The quests and levels feel extremely boring. It's always go to A and B to click one something so you can go through the portal where you will find two new portals which you have to enter and clear just to be able to enter the last portal. To add insult to injury all boses an NPC simply can't keep their obnoxious mouth shut. It is very annyoing once you played through the story once. You'll only be hitting the spacebar like a maniac all the time just to skip cheesy dialogs and cut-scene which are forced down your throat. The boss battles are stupid and boring. You'd think that a billion dollar company could come up with something more intimidating than a stupid butterfly which will spawn 4 dudes with a big club and shield itself as long as they are alive. That's it. Dudes get spawned you kill them. You hit the butterfly until it starts shielding itself again and spawns the 4 dudes again. Repeat until the butterfly is dead.

If this game wasn't called Diablo I would give it 5-6 points out of 10.
  86. Oct 8, 2012
    Boring, simple, limiting itemization. Plot & dialogue geared for a 10 year old. Very linear game play with little randomness. Stat system dumbed down beyond belief. No pvp, no endgame, no reason to continue to play. New Paragon level makes it more restrictive to level alts. Botters and spammers everywhere. Arrogant game designer who clearly has no idea how to make an ARPG and who isBoring, simple, limiting itemization. Plot & dialogue geared for a 10 year old. Very linear game play with little randomness. Stat system dumbed down beyond belief. No pvp, no endgame, no reason to continue to play. New Paragon level makes it more restrictive to level alts. Botters and spammers everywhere. Arrogant game designer who clearly has no idea how to make an ARPG and who is clearly taking his cues from WoW. Worst gaming disappointment ever. Expand
  87. Oct 7, 2012
    I really wanted to like this game. Played about 60 hours over a month and now 3 months later and I don't even think about it anymore (other than the money I coughed up). Game needs a SERIOUS patch or something that'll make it more challenging. Even PVP hasn't been activated yet. wtf dude?
  88. Oct 7, 2012
    Imo this game are sill in beta mode. If I had known about Diablo 3 when I bought the game, what I know now. I had not bought this game.
    +1 to the graphics and sound. Blizzard change system of this game more often then you change pants. This kills the game feeling of d3.
  89. Oct 7, 2012
    So disappointing Blizzard!!!
    #1) Repetition - 4 rounds of the same game doesn't equal a good experience.
    #2 Farming grind or Real Money Auction House...GET USED TO THEM. #3) Builds suck, there are only a few that can do Inferno and they COST A LOT. #4) Magic find. Seriously, what the hell? #5) Boss fights. They are counterproductive. Beat an inferno boss, find an ilvl 51 item. Yay. Is
    So disappointing Blizzard!!!
    #1) Repetition - 4 rounds of the same game doesn't equal a good experience.
    #2 Farming grind or Real Money Auction House...GET USED TO THEM.
    #3) Builds suck, there are only a few that can do Inferno and they COST A LOT.
    #4) Magic find. Seriously, what the hell?
    #5) Boss fights. They are counterproductive. Beat an inferno boss, find an ilvl 51 item. Yay. Is this Diablo?
    #6) The artistic direction. It feels like WoW. ( i hate WOW)
    #7) In a 4 player game, when the heat is on, I can't tell half the time where my mouse pointer is, or what my character is doing, or where the frozen/arcane spawns are, until it's too late. #8) The story. This is totally unacceptable. Who wrote this? Who approved of it? Fire them. I'm insulted by it to be honest.
    #9) Nerfs change your builds and cause you to more of # 1 - 5.
    #10 Paragon Levels... MORE WAYS TO GRIND.

These are the things I can come up with off the top of my head. Anyway, I am cashing out, selling all my pieces of gear, and not looking back. Overall I had fun, and in the end the game paid me to play, and paid quite well, but in hindsight, this game is a 1/10 at best.

Quite possibly the most disappointing game I have ever been excited for...ever.
  90. Oct 7, 2012
    I tried so hard to find something that I liked/enjoyed about this game, however there really not much there.

Gameplay: Derivative. No challenge, you are as good as your gear, not by talent or skill. Speaking of which the "skill tree" is essentially pre-determined. Music - Nice, you get a point. Graphics - Cartoonish. They lost the horror and despair evident in the previous games.

Character customisation - None to talk of.
    Comabt - point and click. Pick two skills and point and click those skills at the monsters.

The game honestly felt more like World of Warcraft, then previous titles in the Diablo series. On a side note, there is no "hide" option from friends online. This is super annoying as I don't always want to "chat" but I don't want to "block" anyone either.

Additionally, I like to play single player games and am not a fan of multi-player online games. And yet one has to be logged in to play this single player. I was going to rate the game 2, but after reviewing this game in a thoughtful manner - it only deserves a 1.
  91. Oct 6, 2012
    A perfect example on how to destroy one of the best game franchises around. Not worth spending a dime on it. You are better off playing any other game in the arpg style like torchlight 2, borderlands 2 or path of exile. Stay away from this game.
  92. Oct 6, 2012
    For a game that has been anticipated for upwards of 10 years, Diablo 3 just didn't live up to the hype. The story is poorly written, the gameplay is repetitive, the loot aspect that has been a staple of the Diablo series is gone, and there is the ever present "always on" DRM. It feels like every game design choice Blizzard made was done with the sole intent of driving every player to theFor a game that has been anticipated for upwards of 10 years, Diablo 3 just didn't live up to the hype. The story is poorly written, the gameplay is repetitive, the loot aspect that has been a staple of the Diablo series is gone, and there is the ever present "always on" DRM. It feels like every game design choice Blizzard made was done with the sole intent of driving every player to the real money auction house. In Diablo 1 and 2 community interaction was a huge thing. Trading was the lifeblood of these games, but Blizzard all but eradicated it in Diablo 3. As a result, Diablo 3 feels like a hallowed out shell. Oh, and they just added 100 Paragon levels on top of the original 60. This is just a thinly vieled attempt at trying to keep players going so they would spend more money on the Blizzard controlled auction house. If you have a friend that owns this, borrow his laptop for a few days and beat the story. If not, don't waste your money on this piece. Expand
  93. Oct 5, 2012
    I spent 132 hours playing this garbage game! O yeah it deserves a score of 0 because this game is all about money. and I used to be a Diablo 3 fanatic, then I took an arrow to the knee.
  94. Oct 4, 2012
    I have lead in this game more, than 200 hours. I can judge it as has spent for it a huge heap of time. My verdict to this game: it absolutely unsuccessful from different directions. Game very short. Practically all time which I have spent for this game has been spent because of my desire to loot good items for my char. I have drawn one simple conclusion, this game anything without auction.I have lead in this game more, than 200 hours. I can judge it as has spent for it a huge heap of time. My verdict to this game: it absolutely unsuccessful from different directions. Game very short. Practically all time which I have spent for this game has been spent because of my desire to loot good items for my char. I have drawn one simple conclusion, this game anything without auction. Player is obliged to use it, differently it simply will not pass even the second act on Inferon difficulty. It completely kills all sense and interest from game. In genre RPG, the player should dress the character itself. Expand
  95. Oct 3, 2012
    This game was the largest RPG hack and slash of 2012. All the hype and time waiting for this game for decent visuals, a poor story, and incredibly repetitive gameplay. I have far too many gripes about this game to recommend it to anyone. Firstly, single player requires internet connection, which is complete **** and the grind isn't worth it, the only place to get gear to face the overlyThis game was the largest RPG hack and slash of 2012. All the hype and time waiting for this game for decent visuals, a poor story, and incredibly repetitive gameplay. I have far too many gripes about this game to recommend it to anyone. Firstly, single player requires internet connection, which is complete **** and the grind isn't worth it, the only place to get gear to face the overly repetitive and overpowered creatures in this game is the auction house. Also, with the game's current community, with over 4500 people with the same idea as mine, the auction house doesn't have as much to offer as it used to. The only good thing i found about this game was it's cut scenes. The were beautifully animated, but those alone will not mask the garbage blizzard considers to be a game. And to make sure these **** get their money, instead of actually pleasing their fans, they made sure to make it very difficult to refund the game. I have lost my belief in Blizzard as a company. They made as wait years just to hand us a piece of garbage inside a box. If this review is read, out of the other 4500 of them by a blizzard employee, fix your **** game. If this is read by someone smart enough to check the reviews for this game unlike I did, do not purchase this game. IT IS TERRIBLE. To all the other people out there who were deceived by Blzzard, here;s to getting out 60 dollars refunded. Expand
  96. Oct 3, 2012
    Blizzard designed the entire game around the Real Money Auction House. This made it not a fun game to play. I played Diablo 2 and 1 and loved both, this is just a disaster. Its almost impossible to find great items.
  97. Oct 3, 2012
    Reasons this game blows: - skills system designed for imbeciles. no point in ever starting a second character in the same class - boring gameplay. sooo repetitive. I think I have carpal tunnel. - nothing to explore. the whole game it's like you're stuck in a tube. -whimyshire is insultingly stupid. it's not funny that you made an epically lame game - music is HORRIBLE and so are theReasons this game blows: - skills system designed for imbeciles. no point in ever starting a second character in the same class - boring gameplay. sooo repetitive. I think I have carpal tunnel. - nothing to explore. the whole game it's like you're stuck in a tube. -whimyshire is insultingly stupid. it's not funny that you made an epically lame game - music is HORRIBLE and so are the character voicings. Never noticed how good that was in D2 until playing this game. Where are the death screams? MaaaOOOOOOOO! Expand
  98. Oct 3, 2012
    You can't play offline even if you solo, No lan support, 90% of the loots have stats that don't make sense.

For a loot driven game, i find the treasure hunting in this game extremely frustrating. Graphics are good, story is simple but effective, voice acting however is very cheesy. In short, this game doesn't encourage to play with your in co-op, and the loot system is so messed up

In short, this game doesn't encourage to play with your in co-op, and the loot system is so messed up you kinda wonder if bli$$ard didn't do it on purpose to "motivate" you to use their new auction house.

This game is a failure and a disappointment. Specially with TL 2 that just came out. It's just 20$ and delivers more than D3. Hell, TL 2 feels even closer to the spiritual successor of D2 than D3 itself.

D3 is pretty to look at, but that's about it!
  99. Oct 3, 2012
    Until the RMAH is removed this game shall receive a zero. After that I might reconsider changing it to a 8. The game was okay for what it was. However, I still won't play it. The story was crappy and predictable. Oh not to mention all the freaking interruptions in gameplay because of the cut scenes...
  100. Oct 2, 2012
    What an unmitigated disaster. Blizzard should apologize to their fans for this atrocious attempt at a sequel to Diablo 3. Why the game is bad has already been stated enough times to be clear. I just want to give voice to the overwhelming disappointment that this game has wrought on fans of this series.

Truly pathetic.
  101. Jul 23, 2012
    Okay, this game is just AWFUL. And this is coming from someone who spent over 100 hours on it and beat the game on Inferno with my Wizard so I've given the game more than its fair chance. The first couple of times of beating the game are very fun, especially with friends, I will hand it to Blizzard. The art is nice, the music is not bad, and the environments are somewhat interesting. ThenOkay, this game is just AWFUL. And this is coming from someone who spent over 100 hours on it and beat the game on Inferno with my Wizard so I've given the game more than its fair chance. The first couple of times of beating the game are very fun, especially with friends, I will hand it to Blizzard. The art is nice, the music is not bad, and the environments are somewhat interesting. Then you reach the brick wall that is known as Inferno (the hardest difficulty) and you realize what Blizzard has been planning all along.

The mobs in Inferno suddenly become godlike and all your gear becomes instantly obsolete. Elites and even regular mobs will kick your ass unless you upgrade your very quickly. To make matters worse the game PUNISHES YOU for playing co-op on Inferno, the already disgustingly difficult mobs become near godly and unless you and your friends are supremely geared it's going to be an excruciating exercise in futility. Problem is that 95% of the loot you get in Inferno is literally garbage, so bad that even the NPC vendors will be reluctant to accept them. Magic find increases the chances of getting yellow items, but chances are they are still crap. There are far too many possible attributes during item rolls, so as a result you will almost always get items which make no sense whatsoever (example: Wizard hat with Strength, or Barbarian sword with Intelligence, etc.) and weapons in Act 4 of Inferno with 200 DPS. It's infuriating. It is so bad that when I killed Diablo on Inferno he dropped only blues, and not just any blues but TERRIBLE blues, stuff so bad you wouldn't even use it on Hell difficulty.

So you're thinking to yourself, WHY WHY WHY would they do this?! Why make the mobs so difficult and the gear so bad?!?!

WELL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE REACH THE GOAL OF BLIZZARD'S GAME DESIGN IN DIABLO 3: THE REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE!!!

As stated Inferno is so ridiculously difficult and the loot generally so bad that the ONLY WAY to progress is to use the Auction House. I only managed to beat the game by bidding low gold on items and shopping intelligently, but it took wayyyy longer than it should have. Not only this, I was BASICALLY FORCED TO USE THE AUCTION HOUSE TO BEAT THE GAME. Trust me this isn't just unique to me because I suck, 90% of my friends gave up at Inferno Act 1, those that stayed have had no choice but to use the Auction House as well. The game isn't skill dependent, it is only gear based.

PROBLEM IS that the gold prices of items have flown through the roof due to inflation, botters, and exploiters. So expect to see any half decent weapon for at least 10 million gold, which is no small amount of money. So a lot of people have resorted to using the Real Money Auction House and it's absolute chaos. I've seen people spending over $500 (yes real cash) on a SINGLE ITEM, a virtual item folks that will probably be obsolete in the next patch or expansion. I personally don't believe in spending real money on video game items (especially absurd amounts like stated above) but to each his own. -----

So I really can't help but feel like the entire game was designed to revolve around the Real Money Auction House. The difficulty is absurd at inferno, many of the bosses are basically gear-checks (can only be beaten with certain amounts of DPS) and the loot is so bad that you have no choice but to use the Auction House.

This game is a money grab, it's pay to win, and I'm not sticking around for when they implement Player vs. Player where it's going to be the battle of the credit cards.

I will admit that I got more than my money's worth and it was fun at times, but this franchise has been ruined and this is by FAR the worst Blizzard game I have ever played. I will not remember this fondly like I do Diablo 2 or the Starcraft Series.

SHAME ON YOU BLIZZARD, THIS GAME IS A SCAM