Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jun 24, 2016
    Its like they looked at everything I liked from diablo 2 and removed it to make this game. The graphics are nice but it's a repetitive grind game....
  2. Jun 11, 2016
    Una tremenda decepción, no veo por donde cogerlo.

Podía pararme a hablar de sus puntos fuertes y débiles, pero es que no tiene puntos fuertes.

Blizzard... ¿qué ha pasado?
  3. May 28, 2016
    If you loved Diablo II, you will completely dislike this one. The great of the series was the multiplayer game mode.

They stripped out all the essential part that made the Diablo series a masterpiece. What is left is a simple hack and slash. If you play Diablo III for the first time and you don't know anything about Diablo series it could be an average game, but if you expect the

If you play Diablo III for the first time and you don't know anything about Diablo series it could be an average game, but if you expect the true successor of Diablo II and the old battlenet multiplayer mode then you will be greatly disappointed.

I give it 0 and have to say that Jay "f... that loser." Wilson is not by David Brevik who invent the series.
    The real Diablo, made by Brevik, exudes passion while this last one, just easy money.
  4. May 9, 2016
    No depth, all grind

lategame turns into paragon grinding, and TONS of your power simply comes from that. almost no customization whatsoever because there is hardly any real character "builds" to speak of in this game. there is no stat leveling, it's auto there is no skill leveling, you can swap them out at any time gear is all sets at end game, so instead of choosing 7-8 pieces of
    No depth, all grind

there is no stat leveling, it's auto
    there is no skill leveling, you can swap them out at any time
    gear is all sets at end game, so instead of choosing 7-8 pieces of gear catering to your build or play style you basically choose ONE piece of gear then go the play style blizzard wants you to play.

Honestly this game is just straight up INSULTING to actual lovers of the action-rpg genre
    this is not diablo
    this is not a real action rpg
    at BEST and if you take it for what it is, it's a decent isometric arcade beatem up.
    it was basically the next gauntlet game.

Only good a-rpg I can see coming maybe lineage eternal or lost ark. A real drought lately.

Grim dawn was pretty fun.

Torchlight 2 was great, could have been perfect with just a tad bit more content but overall awesome game.

Wasn't a fan of POE

Blizzard please never touch a diablo game ever again, let someone else develop the next one.
  5. May 7, 2016
    Lacks all the features that made diablo 2 great. Hardly any randomization in levels, boring stat system where only one stat per character class is important, no real character builds with skills and so on, dumb boss fights with cutscenes, no nice loot runs and it had a stupid real money auction house at launch as well which is just moneygrubbing.
  6. May 6, 2016
    I have played Diablo and Diablo 2 also d2 LOD, I have been a loyal fan to the Diablo series for a long time so as soon as Diablo 3 was released I bought the game and immediately started playing, to my surprise the dynamic of the game has completely changed, so much it actually became boring, so boring it's beyond believe. To begin with Trading has been completely removed, also characterI have played Diablo and Diablo 2 also d2 LOD, I have been a loyal fan to the Diablo series for a long time so as soon as Diablo 3 was released I bought the game and immediately started playing, to my surprise the dynamic of the game has completely changed, so much it actually became boring, so boring it's beyond believe. To begin with Trading has been completely removed, also character customization (by that I mean being in control of the character you're making), Boss drops, questing, skill trees, I mean what the hell is this game anyway? is not really part of the Diablo series is just some WoW style crap mashed up with some elements from the old diablo games, hell Diablo 2 is still more fun than this crap, I actually had to switch to Path of Exile since it's actually very similar to how D3 should have been, far more in-dept in all aspects of d2.

I do pity blizzard, I mean I used to like how fun they used to make games with their creative expansions and patches but lets be honest, even WoW has become extremely Boring!!!, and I have played WoW since Vanilla but that's not relevant. What I would like to know is when are they going to listen to 60% of the Diablo fan franchise and make the game more fun instead of listening to the 40% who enjoys this hollow shell of what "Diablo" once was.
  7. Apr 7, 2016
    The overall increase in technical performance goes paradoxically accompanied by a decline of the imagination and intelligence of the people. Stanislaw Lem
  8. Mar 13, 2016
    I loved Diablo 1 and 2, but this game wasn't in the same family. It feels slapped together, and kicks me out of a single player game if my isp glitches. I've had to replay levels just because my Internet hung for a second. It feels lazily made.
  9. Mar 4, 2016
    I've never been so disappointed in a game. The complete opposite of everything I loved about Diablo 2. Just putting the Diablo name on this is false advertisement. The least proactive character development imaginable. No atmosphere. Seems to prefer catering to kids at the expense of others. There is nothing here for me. $60 down the drain. Booo !!!
  10. Dec 18, 2015
    this is not diablo this is a game with no fun like diablo 2 . what a waste of money and time to play this crap game. battlenet never again. tetris is better
  11. Dec 9, 2015
    The game itself isn't that bad for people who haven't played the previous titles in Diablo, but if you've played them... you're in for a big disappointment.

The graphics weren't bad, the environment was and still is spectacular and also animations, its soundtrack is admirably good and helps giving consistency to the game. The gameplay is good, the first time you play it the main campign you see it's very easy, the second time you play it you level up the difficulty... still too easy. But if you play Inferno... Oh Good Lord! It's just a complete waste of time. The backstory was mediocre, lots of cinematics but not it won't enthrall you at any point.

I didn't like at all the auction house, I found it a very poor way of pay2win and I don't support at all those games, Blizzard got confused in a very big way creating it.

As for the game issues... Pffff, what say? At this point there will be no problems, in fact on PS4 has had many good reviews, but in its day it was awful on PC: Constat frame-drops, the always-online DRM, lagg and online errors, no PvP at launch date...

I was really hyped with this game, and it just let me down. If you're whiling to buy it, don't spend more than 30-35€, I paid the original 60€ myself and it didn't deserve it.
  12. Nov 30, 2015
    Loved Diablo 2. Diablo 3 was a great letdown. The 11 NETWORK DISCONNECT's to fight one boss fight yesterday, plus the no mods. Like all too many games they are playing the game for you and it really lessens the fun where the disconnects are all too much. The game would have been much better if the fans had able to mod the game thereby creating a lot of choice in gameplay. The game isLoved Diablo 2. Diablo 3 was a great letdown. The 11 NETWORK DISCONNECT's to fight one boss fight yesterday, plus the no mods. Like all too many games they are playing the game for you and it really lessens the fun where the disconnects are all too much. The game would have been much better if the fans had able to mod the game thereby creating a lot of choice in gameplay. The game is insipid with the gameplay strangled on the server connection stranglehold. It is not FUN to play like Diablo 2, that the problem. Expand
  13. Nov 28, 2015
    I bought diablo 3 and its expansion set ,created a battle.net account but when i get into the game it wont go past the skeleton king the story just stops.
  14. Nov 12, 2015
    Some gay neck **** That Shannon Sims would probably play with his Fat fucccking ass. He is a fuccking Dweeb ass neckbeard who lives in his Moms basement
  15. Nov 1, 2015
    Waste of MOOOOONEY.

If you are looking to relive the fun days of Diablo 2. Look else where.

Along with poor launch and security issues with accounts being hacked. The game is riddled with bugs and issues when it original launched.

At this current state, the game is boring. Repetitive. Lacks content and skills/build to keep you remotely interested.

Not even worth spending money on.
  16. Oct 6, 2015
    Very disapointing.
    I couldn't resist Blizzarads "greater than life" hype, so I bought this "epic" game.
    Gameplay was way too easy and boring even on Expert, which is highest available at start. I don't know if game is forcing me to play harder, but first playtrough should also be fun on it's own. Graphics took a detour, but it's the only aspect of the game that is fine. Graphical
    Very disapointing.

Graphics took a detour, but it's the only aspect of the game that is fine. Graphical imagery and themes although less grim is nice and with some memorable moments.

Music isn't even worth mentioning. They tried to emulate Matt Uelmen ambiental pieces at times, but author signature country licks just pop in the middle of it. Giant fail for a product of this suposed level.

Story is as artificial as it get, they just piled some almost random goals to drive gameplay, way overusing damstel in distress situation.(like 4 times) .. and "find some artifact" several times.
    Couple of quests (in the whole damn game) are actually fun.

It's maaaybe worth a single playtrough for the pretty 3D graphics, if you can, borrow from a friend. Not sure if it's worth the price.

People seem to have fun with builds, but I don't feel like investing that much time so it eventually get good.

And yeah, it's my first review, it's such a big dissapointment. It's like a facebook click to win game, I've had more fun with some flash games.
  17. Oct 6, 2015
    GRAPHICS
    PRO:
    -movies 10/10 Blizzard quality -environments: 10/10 -monsters/effects: 8/10 CON: -Monsters jump around so quickly or simply appear from everywhere, move at ridicilous speed and die even quicker, often overlapping with multiple graphical effects. The end result is that I often can't really see what the monsters I'm killing even look like. -The art style of the game
    GRAPHICS
    PRO:
    -movies 10/10 Blizzard quality
    -environments: 10/10
    -monsters/effects: 8/10
    CON:
    -The art style of the game moved a big step towards world of warcraft's. Blizzard is sacrificing the identity of the franchise (diablo in this case) for the identity of their company (blizzard). They make a conscious move away from ip's that have a unique feel and atmosphere, towards ip's that feel like 'a blizzard game'.

SOUND
    No comment. Pretty much neutral. Nothing really stood out to me as good or bad.

GAMEPLAY
    PRO:
    -Endless replay through endless levelling, some item abilities that level with you and nearly endless difficulty options.
    -The skill system is different from the previous games. So it's a new experience.
    -Endless item variety. The same unique items can drop at any level. A level 5 nagelring will simply have lower stats than a level 50 nagelring. Some unique items even have unique abilities that no other item posesses. These abilities often grow with you as you level up.
    CON:
    -The game is ridicilously easy and thus very boring. Those higher difficulties? You have to play through the entire game first before you can choose them. The highest difficulty you can choose at the moment of writing -without completing the game first- was just clicking and holding the right mouse button every time I saw monsters. At some points I had to kite a little bit or use a frost nova to stun enemies when I was fighting some of the elite monsters. After act 3 I got a unique item that made me even more op. It spawns suicide minions that explode and kill any boss in 5 seconds. Izual died in LITERALLY 5 seconds.
    -Item diarhea. Even so called 'rare' items get spilled over your character in truckloads. Even finding a unique item doesn't feel special. As the game is very easy and monsters, elites and bosses drop in droves, you amass items at ridicilous speed. Every ten minutes of playing I had to spend 10 minutes in town sorting through all the useless items that filled my inventory. You're encouraged to keep every item, because those you don't need can be broken down in their base components. These components can then be used by the blacksmith to craft new items. However, even this feature felt broken. During the first 20 levels or so, the blacksmith could make quite a few usefull items that bumped my damage considerably. Later in the game, the blacksmith could make nothing significantly better than anything I had already found on monsters; even though I had to pay lots of gold to level him up so he could craft those higher level items. Maybe I just found a lot of very good items? I don't know.
    -Lag spikes, in a single player game.
    -"Your connection has been lost" frequently, in a single player game. After finishing the game, you can choose a higher difficulty (finally!) and you can play a different game style: adventure mode. You can move freely around the world collecting bounties, performing specific missions and get big rewards for them. However, more than once, I was clearing out an area (as the mission stated) when suddenly "connnection lost". You lose all your progress and can start those missions from scratch again ...in ...a ...singleplayer ...game.

STORY
    PRO:
    -There are many books scattered throughout the game, fleshing out the backstory in an interesting way. There are many different storytellers and thus many different viewpoints.
    CON:
    -Too bad they didn't keep those backstories in one piece. Maybe their target audience's attention span is too short to listen/read 5 pages of text. So they cut all those stories up in 10 pieces or so and the recordings are often playing while you're fighting monsters. If you click on them the written text appears on screen and you can read it after the fight is over. Then 2 minutes later you find the next part. Rinse and repeat.
    -Childish, dragonball Z level writing. "Mwahahaa, you cannot stop me, my armies are swarming the city." 5 sec later "Mwahahaa, you stopped my monsters but my siege weapons will still lay waste to the city." 5 sec later "Mwahahaa, you destroyed my siege weapons, it matters not, in the meantime, I snuck monsters in through the basement." After clearing the basement "Mwahahaa, you are only delaying the inevitable BLAH BLAH BLAH" etc. Before him, the spider lady spills the same crap. Kill the bastard and the next act Diablo does it again. The mighty angels of heaven are dumb, enormously dumb. I will not waste any more words about this. I noticed this in other Blizzard games too. In terms of storytelling they move further away from complex stories and more towards clichés and childishness.
  18. Oct 4, 2015
    Blizzard destroyed the glorious Diablo franchise with this title, the same way Ubisoft is butchering Heroes of Might and Magic. Diablo 3 feels bland, boring, grindy. There is no atmosphere, no terror, it's just a dumb game aimed at casual players.
    If you played and enjoyed Diablo I and II, then beware: DO NOT buy this generic crap!
    I could be forgiving with indie developers, but
    I could be forgiving with indie developers, but Blizzard... seriously? There is no excuse for this disaster.
    A sad, angry, frustrated ZERO from a long-time fan of the series.
  19. Oct 3, 2015
    An absolute abomination in the Diablo franchise. Websites and magazines gave it high scores almost entirely out of hype, and also because of a rush to get scores out as soon as possible, which gave them no time to actually extensively play the game, which is what is required to see it for what it truly is. Diablo 3 is a small, shallow game that strips away most everything that made DiabloAn absolute abomination in the Diablo franchise. Websites and magazines gave it high scores almost entirely out of hype, and also because of a rush to get scores out as soon as possible, which gave them no time to actually extensively play the game, which is what is required to see it for what it truly is. Diablo 3 is a small, shallow game that strips away most everything that made Diablo great. The combat and polish to the game feels absolutely fantastic, however, so on a quick play through you might swear you are trudging through a fantastic game. It's only skin deep, though, and the fanbase knows it.

Please, do not buy and support this game. It represents everything that is wrong in the gaming industry. The development team was madly out of touch with the player base. It disrespected the Diablo lore, franchise and game mechanics, and it just flat-out has no real depth... Player-dealt Elemental damage is purely aesthetic with no actual nuanced function, Itemization is simplified down to "get more strength to deal damage" or "get more dexterity to deal damage" or "get more intelligence to deal more damage." Depth is just nonexistent. A horrible death sentence to a game that is supposed to thrive on its replayability.

Go play Path of Exile instead. The combat is clunkier and it lacks the polish of a Blizzard game, but it is free and if you stick with it, you will be rewarded with a wildly deep game that demolishes Diablo 3.
  20. Sep 18, 2015
    Well, everything is said already. This game is trash. I bought it at 60$us almost the day it was released. I don't regret because I was a huge fan of Diablo 2.

I'm giving 2 points, 1 for the great graphics, and another for the rebuild of abilities. Everything else is trash. You have to be connected to Internet to play single player, sometimes the server is down, you have a limit for

Everything else is trash. You have to be connected to Internet to play single player, sometimes the server is down, you have a limit for heroes created, etc, etc.

So disgusting the level of greediness Blizzard achieved with this title.
  21. Aug 20, 2015
    I was confused, don’t understand why it hasn’t offline mode, it is not a MMO, you are alone or with few people that don’t know and don’t care, it consists in log in, run behind the best player that kills everything, and leave, there are no invasions, no surprise attacks, you will not find people out there more than your ‘party’, very similar to Path of Exile but at least there you see tonsI was confused, don’t understand why it hasn’t offline mode, it is not a MMO, you are alone or with few people that don’t know and don’t care, it consists in log in, run behind the best player that kills everything, and leave, there are no invasions, no surprise attacks, you will not find people out there more than your ‘party’, very similar to Path of Exile but at least there you see tons of people at town, but in Diablo 3 you plays as a single player game, you don’t need to be connected at all! but the game forces to it, is a tricky system, a poor experience for me. Expand
  22. Aug 1, 2015
    used to be a decent game rpgs are not my style but the story was ok. it had decent classes that were kinda interesting and i enjoyed my first play through. but now blizzard has updated the game and broke it for basically all AMD graphics cards. it can be fixed by using old graphics drivers but not everyone can use old drivers and i also found out this has been a problem for more than aused to be a decent game rpgs are not my style but the story was ok. it had decent classes that were kinda interesting and i enjoyed my first play through. but now blizzard has updated the game and broke it for basically all AMD graphics cards. it can be fixed by using old graphics drivers but not everyone can use old drivers and i also found out this has been a problem for more than a year so i doubt it will be fixed any time soon

THIS GAME IS BROKEN FOR ALL AMD USERS UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO THROUGH HELL TO FIX IT
  23. Jul 22, 2015
    After playing another ARPG with a huge array of characters to choose from, this game just doesn't cut it. It's completely lost my interest and I see no need to play it again.
  24. Jul 18, 2015
    My score is more of my grade for Blizzard itself,

How do I even start this? I guess I can start by saying I LOVED Diablo, and Diablo 2. I still go back and play those games all the time! So naturally like most other gamer's who have been following the Diablo story line, I couldn't WAIT for Diablo 3. Diablo 3/Starcraft 2 is the start of a new era for blizzard, Money>Quality of
    My score is more of my grade for Blizzard itself,

Diablo 3/Starcraft 2 is the start of a new era for blizzard, Money>Quality of games. And yes, the goal is to make money, you're a business. But Diablo 1 was a far more innovative game in 1996 than Diablo 3. But Blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank because they advertise these games but once you've bought the game you realize you were have been rolled! I never thought I would ever feel that way about blizzard!!!! nOoOoo!

Diablo 3 takes about 50,000 steps back from where they began with the first game, okay sure it's a different game. but don't call it Diablo 3, because your fan base is going to think you are building off what you've started! It is very misleading!

My suggestion to Blizzard is: Come up with a new idea... Please. "Heroes of the Storm?" Really? SC2 was the EXACT same game as SC1 with some minor tweaks in graphics.... Diablo 3:

1. RMAH

2. Terrible loot system

3.You can only play with 4 people online as opposed to diablo 2's whopping 8! That made for amazing game play!

4. Your skill damage is dependent on the damage of your equipped weapon... what? what does your sword have to do with you shooting lightning out of your hands????!!!!!

5. I found the lvl 1-6 skills to be better than the higher level skills you unlock later on. so you're stuck just doing the same combo. from lvl 1-99,

6. All the numbers in Diablo 3 are so inflated, 6000000000000000000 damage? super sayaN? INFERNO DIFFICULTY X50000000000000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

7.When playing online, you can't use your mercenary while playing with other players???? wtf?

8. I played with my cousin split screen on the XBOX because apparently on the console, "It's a totally different game." you have a total of 4 skills X,Y,A,B, in Diablo 2 I used F1-F12 and sure in D2 you could just be a spammy Hdin, But you had the ability to go beyond that. In diablo 1 you had the freedom to mix it up as well! "Sword and Shield Rogue mixed with some nuke spells, throw on the bow against those sexy succubus" ;)

9.ETC ETC ETC It goes on and on and on and on.

It's a falling from grace: Blizzard is no longer the company that it was, they have taken on the Activision CoD mentality.

The good news is. So many people STILL play D2, no joke at all ! LOL! Hope this was helpful.
  25. Jun 7, 2015
    After so long, this review can be free of the technical problem which marred this game at launch, and for several months. But even without them, the game is still not very good. The story is utterly cheesy and boring, the gameplay is really boring too, and the difficulty curve is completely wrong (killing Diablo on Hard is easy beyond all expectations for example ). There are far betterAfter so long, this review can be free of the technical problem which marred this game at launch, and for several months. But even without them, the game is still not very good. The story is utterly cheesy and boring, the gameplay is really boring too, and the difficulty curve is completely wrong (killing Diablo on Hard is easy beyond all expectations for example ). There are far better H&S than this one on the market today. Expand
  26. May 29, 2015
    With its flawed RNG system, dumbed down mechanics, WoW developers behind the scenes, and always online requirement comes Diablo 3 from Activision Blizzard. Enjoy the mystical disconnection adventures while rubber-banding throughout Sanctuary in your quest for (not)epic loot. Feel the power through sets and not from your character. Forget about too difficult to understand skill treesWith its flawed RNG system, dumbed down mechanics, WoW developers behind the scenes, and always online requirement comes Diablo 3 from Activision Blizzard. Enjoy the mystical disconnection adventures while rubber-banding throughout Sanctuary in your quest for (not)epic loot. Feel the power through sets and not from your character. Forget about too difficult to understand skill trees because Diablo 3 has none of that. And as always, don't forget to test your skills with the amazing PvP system... Oops, well... forget about that. Don't worry, you can still trade with your friends! Oops, I forgot about that one too. Well, never mind! Because there still so much stuff to do on Diablo 3! You have rifts, greater rifts where you will die no matter what because of the amazing infinite scaling damage that no one can mitigate and the one shot mechanics from monsters! And let's not forget about the little quests in every act.

After finishing the story you will see its greatness, mindblowing!

And as always, never get too attached to a build because the wonderful dev team might break it completely in future updates! But don't worry, I'm sure you can find spare time to rebuild your character. And if your are into min-maxing well, be prepared because Blizzard wants you to dedicate 1000-3000h of playtime. Absolutely amazing!

Diablo 3 is the new definition of ARPG and Activision Blizzard know what they are doing. You are just a player, so go and play, they will dictate you how to do so, so don't worry, you won't have to use your abilities or skills to do so!

Oh, and maybe microtransactions are coming. Is there anything that this company couldn't excel at?!

Best game ever! A title worth if the Diablo tag.

I rate this 0/10. The highest this game can ever get!
  27. May 24, 2015
    So I currently play Torchlight 2 and I'm having a good time. It was years since I played a real, full fleshed out hack'n'slash (I don't count PoE, which over few months since its release turned into Festung Grind). I was wandering, if it's me liking hack'n'slash even in a subpar title (Torchlight 1 was really boring, so I didn't expect 2 to be better), or is Torchlight 2 that good.
    I've
    I've decided to try Diablo 3 free pass.

Holy cow.

And guess what, it turned out to be Torchlight 2 being good, since Diablo 3 is just terrible. My brain is still boiling from astonishment how bad Diablo 3 is in its core. It gave me a bad feeling right from the start with the terrible opening cinematic and a tutorial segment that is way too long and teaches the most basic things (click to kill an enemy! If you loose all your heal points, you die!). I know that making things accessible to even the most exceptional individuals is THE thing right now, but almost any other game does it more subtly, without "You're most probably a total idiot, let me show you how to poop". I don't know what target audience of Diablo 3 Blizzard decided to be, I personally felt insulted by the introductory segment.
    Also, Blizzard mistook "accessible" with "dumbed down". The acessibility is achieved by explaining the mechanics to the player - the mechanics still can be pretty complicated and the character build up require a lot of thinking and looking forward (hey, isn't it what h'n's are all about in THE FIRST PLACE?). Torchlight 2 despite being accessible as one could imagine, still requires some knowledge and skill with constructing your character, where Diablo 3 builds character for you, basically. You don't spend any character points, skill points. You will just choose the most optimal skill from a limited pool of skills accessible all the time (with instant runes, what?). The only freedom of building your character is... choosing an item. Holy **** So, there are no builds at all and everyone playing one class is basically playing the same build.
    Over the course of recent years, since Wrath of the Lich King was released, Blizzard seems to lost the touch with reality and probably forgot what made their past games great. The real difference between pre-Wotlk Blizzard and post-Wotlk Blizzard is that Diablo 2, vanilla WoW, Starcraft, Warcraft will be considered to be absolute classics that build up a great chunk of PC gaming's history, and that the later Blizzard games (recent WoW expansions, Hearthstone, Diablo 3 and Overwatch) are basically milking machines (or tried to be milking machines - Diablo 3's real cash auction house) made with a little thought whatsoever, extremely basic at their cores, suited up for the lowest possible denominator, with a toxic pay-a-lot-to-enjoy tactics (Hearthstone is basically a virtual casino).
    It's not how sequel to Diablo 2 should look like, not at all. It should be bigger, more complex, more polished, it should be Diablo 2 x 2. Diablo 3 is a handicapped version of Diablo 2 that failed to capture the basic feel of the series - the grim enjoyment of mowing down hordes of demons with your gothic character.
    Now you have World of Warcraft cartoon witch hunters hunting Torchlight's blobs... There are games where visuals and overall art direction matters a lot. Diablo is one of them. And Diablo 3 failed miserably at recreating previous games' soul. It's really disturbing how Tristam doesn't feel like Tristam at all, how Deckard Cain feels absolutely off his character, and how Diablo from a lord of hell hordes became an anime kawaii monster with **** and with them sexy hips for nerds. EVERY OTHER CONCEPT ART OF DIABLO WAS BETTER, why did they decided to pick the most terrible one?!

It's a really subpar h'n's game and one of the worst Diablo clones I've ever played. Torchlight 1 is better. And Torchlight 2 feels more like Diablo 2 gameplay wise, although it's set in a totally different environment (the ripped off music is there, though).
    Diablo 3 could be fine, if it was called "Hell Fight" or something like that, and was sold for 10$ at the release. It really doesn't offer enough to justify any higher price tag. But it's called Diablo 3.
  28. May 7, 2015
    This review is long overdue. Long time Diablo fan - until the release of Diablo 3. The most shameful, audience-hateful, blatant fleecing of a fanbase to ever occur. I hope to god almighty that the people responsible for destroying this great franchise are forever haunted by just how many people they let down. If I were on the team responsible for this debacle, I would never touch a gameThis review is long overdue. Long time Diablo fan - until the release of Diablo 3. The most shameful, audience-hateful, blatant fleecing of a fanbase to ever occur. I hope to god almighty that the people responsible for destroying this great franchise are forever haunted by just how many people they let down. If I were on the team responsible for this debacle, I would never touch a game again. My sins would be too great to atone for. What an embarrassment to the once-hallowed Diablo series. For shame, you limp, flaccid and money-hungry nuggets. For shame. Expand
  29. May 3, 2015
    This game is personally the biggest letdown in my life as far as gaming goes. Always online extreme piracy measures. Failure to implement the arena pvp. What irks me the most about the game is all the high reviews by "The most trusted names in gaming". Imo this game is a steaming pile of garbage.
  30. Mar 28, 2015
    Diablo 2 is my favourite hack and slay game on PC, so i just can give Diablo 3 a 0 out of 10. Blizzard made everything wrong in this game. Especially in 2012 at release. Servers not reachable and no possibilty to play offline. Real Money AH.... Skillsystem for 5 year old kids.... The things that i like in Diablo are not in the game. For example, a great Offline Single Player, well thoughtDiablo 2 is my favourite hack and slay game on PC, so i just can give Diablo 3 a 0 out of 10. Blizzard made everything wrong in this game. Especially in 2012 at release. Servers not reachable and no possibilty to play offline. Real Money AH.... Skillsystem for 5 year old kids.... The things that i like in Diablo are not in the game. For example, a great Offline Single Player, well thought out skill system with synergies, dark depressing and grown up look, a Diablo-boss Model thats worthy. When i saw Diablo as a boss in Diablo 2 the first time, my heart beat was 200 and i was afraid of being killed. But when i saw Diablo in Diablo 3 i thought, are you **** kidding me??? Thats it? looking like **** Andariel in Diablo 2. There are People who payed 60 bucks at release and 40 for reapers of souls. Blizzard tryed to make it better over the years. But they aren't able to make the diablo 3 that it should be. skill System has got paragon System, that makes it a Little better. but still no offline mode and loot is still not as good as it could be. It's a pity that they didn't take the things that are good in diablo 2 to diablo 3 and make better graphics and a few things new or things that were bad in diablo 2 better. Instead of this they made everything different and in my opinion thats no longer a diablo game. =( Expand
  31. Mar 26, 2015
    the Game itself can make much fun but the Champions,Bosses and Portal Guards are just unfair und a Pain to fight against. i don't know why i need to play as Demon Hunter against a group of 6 champions which can Teleport me and themself, block my way and pull me every time to them and they got more Abilities.... This makes no fun, is just unfair and bring me several ingame Deaths.. if theythe Game itself can make much fun but the Champions,Bosses and Portal Guards are just unfair und a Pain to fight against. i don't know why i need to play as Demon Hunter against a group of 6 champions which can Teleport me and themself, block my way and pull me every time to them and they got more Abilities.... This makes no fun, is just unfair and bring me several ingame Deaths.. if they would remove such unfair Abilities or just the Combination of such things it may would be fun to play again, like Diablo 2. but in the actual version of this game (date: 26.3.15) this is just a pain to play and this game is the worst Part of the game Series .... take your money and buy Diablo 2 with its Expansion and you will have much more fun ..... Expand
  32. Dec 1, 2014
    This game don't look like best H&S ever. But it should be after several years of production, previously experience and budget etc. They probably spend most of that time on think how much money get from that "product". It is all reason of where it lead to. This title is not worth any attention anymore.
  33. Nov 30, 2014
    Just take a look to all positive reviews claiming things like: A) This is not like Diablo 2 but a good game, B) Not more mistakes on choosing skills because you have them all! C) How good was simplified, D) Forced online prevents that sometimes you could meet a cheater having to save & exit... etc.

Now look at all negative reviews claiming... exactly the same! So we agree on the same things: A) for good or for bad is not more the Diablo concept, B) is not more A-RPG just Hack'n Slash, C) was dumbed for consoles/casual players, D) has the worse of DRM systems and of course can't be modded.

We're all right: may be a good casual adventure if would be called "World of Diablo", but I bought a game named "Diablo 3", and if also I don't enjoy "casual adventures" this game worth nothing to me, agreed?

Finally I'll avoid talking about the Real Money Auction House present before the expansion because they couldn't maintain such shame for long time, but that explains a bit what happened to Blizzard...
  34. Nov 12, 2014
    A hollow sequel with a punishingly unfair economic system that makes no sense and takes the fun out of playing. How anyone takes that long to make a game worse eludes and confuses me.
  35. Nov 8, 2014
    In first place (in terms of gameplay) Diablo 3 has NOTHING in common with its "predecessor" more than the point & click isometric system. Diablo 2 is ARPG while Diablo 3 is Hack'n Slash, i.e. has banished all "RPG content" from the game, so at max level your character will be exactly the same of all characters in the entire game only differentiated in items like each kind of non-rpg games.In first place (in terms of gameplay) Diablo 3 has NOTHING in common with its "predecessor" more than the point & click isometric system. Diablo 2 is ARPG while Diablo 3 is Hack'n Slash, i.e. has banished all "RPG content" from the game, so at max level your character will be exactly the same of all characters in the entire game only differentiated in items like each kind of non-rpg games.

The game itself is absolutely CASUAL in each possible level, you can use all your skills at any time and they are not leveled, new features as paragon and such are only extensions of a boring and unrewarding game system in which if you "end" any possible progression obtaining certain items, that closes the opportunity to make builds playing with stats and skill trees...

But maybe the worse is its "DRM" system without offline mode, so you can't play it without a connection even in single player campaign, and of course you can't improve it with mods, so, you has a "successor" of a game with Offline, LAN and Online, but without two of its game modes, is one of the few times in which a successor has LESS than its predecessor...

I will not mention the "Pay2Win" from earlier version but shame of you Blizzard for convert the best ARPG franchise in a parody at each possible level, shame!

I finish my disclaimer pointing that its "expansion" (that is not an expansion but a different game, should be named "Diablo 4"), has changed almost ALL of the gameplay confirming (directly from Blizzard itself) that the original Diablo 3 sucks.

Blizzard, I will never forgive you, you can be awesome in the rest of your games but converting Diablo 3 in a MMO like WoW (and its "expansion" confirms this tendency) is a crime against the people who made this franchise famous.
  36. Oct 24, 2014
    This game is so flawed that it actually needed an auction house component to be playable. Since that component has been removed, the game is beyond redemption. It deserves the trash can. An embarrassment to the Diablo name.
  37. Oct 4, 2014
    Everything has been already said. Fortunately i have not bought this game, just played beta and in 1 free beta weekend and i knew this game is gonna be bad. Released 11 years after D2 LOD, and it's cut. It doesnt even contain half of old game features, and these are the most important things like skill tree, attributes points and so on. D3 is designed just to GRIND, just like WOW, you walkEverything has been already said. Fortunately i have not bought this game, just played beta and in 1 free beta weekend and i knew this game is gonna be bad. Released 11 years after D2 LOD, and it's cut. It doesnt even contain half of old game features, and these are the most important things like skill tree, attributes points and so on. D3 is designed just to GRIND, just like WOW, you walk milion times to kill the same bosses and get items, yeah i know D2 was about this too, but there you could build characters in milion diffrent ways, playing sorcerer with two-handed axe if you want. This was freedom, And what about D3? Click on monster, kill it, get items and thats basicly it, nothing more. It maybe fun to play with friends, beat all levels and stuff, but what then? Uninstall. I have not been that disappointed in a loong loong time. Expand
  38. Sep 15, 2014
    Let me start by saying I made a Metacritic account JUST to make this review.

Let me start by saying I made a Metacritic account JUST to make this review.

I've been a Diablo fan since the release of the original Diablo. I've been a Blizzard fan since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. I bought this game based on the opinions of fellow friends that seemed to have good taste in gaming. Many people praised it's incredible gameplay, awesome multiplayer action that would extend for days beyond it's release.

When I first started, the plot seemed exactly what I wanted. The hero is almost immediately involved, checking out the damage done by the meteor that hit the hall. As the cutscene continued, the dialogue kept losing credibility, lots of gaps were made in the unholy plot and the writing was definitely written for a 5th grade audience. These were things I kind of expected. I read a few of the books after playing diablo 2 and they were good when I was a teenager. But this plot? Jesus, don't get me started. I actually spent a good while laughing at the crummy dialogue.

Let me tell you this plot is pretty basic and extremely lackluster compared to the previous two. I beat the game, not once was I hooked or compelled by the story. I don't know how they managed to write such a mediocre plot within YEARS of development. This game is f*cking atrocious in far more aspects than just story, however.

Lets list the problems with the gameplay. First, the skill tree doesn't really require you to know what synergy is. It's practically non-existent. When I first started playing, the visuals were pretty astonishing, but that's not saying much. It looks like WoW that takes place in a graveyard/hell/whatever halloween-related **** setting. It wasn't even mildly horrific. So, then you go on to complete somewhat mundane quests, following the path that blizzard set out for you. The plot line is linear, but even MORE linear than the second! You literally have a check list of things they want you to do and procedurally go through them mindlessly. Normally, I can dig it. It's just the story left such a **** taste in my mouth that I got bored by the third act! I decided to push further, just to beat the game to give a holistic response to this game.

Also.. The BUTCHER? In DIABLO 3? A reused character? Laughable. At least the bosses in D2 were unique and interesting (not to mention, characterized to the setting..)

Items... Let's look at how uncharacterized the items are. Everything boils down to Damage, toughness, healing. This is the naive approach. However, it does delve deeper than that. What's with the ridiculous stat increases? It's unnecessary and makes it slightly harder to estimate. Loot is pointless. There's no dynamic character building because your character gets all the f*cking skills. What's the point? I hardly want to perfect ONE character, much less several different characters that have unique attributes (BECAUSE YOU CAN'T).

No chatrooms. Awesome. One of the most memorable things about Diablo/Starcraft is gone. How did this sound like a good idea? Just make it an option for people who want it.

No making games with actual NAMES to join. Another non-intuitive thing blizzard made by REMOVING features. When is removing features a feasible options to improve a game? It's almost comical.

I don't know if I covered everything about this game that I dislike. I think I threw in a few redeeming qualities but it wasn't much.

Bottom line is, I don't give two sh*ts whether or not your servers work the first time I log in or not if the gameplay is horrid. The fact people are rating this game on that is absolutely absurd to me.

Also, Blizzard fanboys are blinded to crappy games. Not my problem anymore.
  39. Sep 15, 2014
    My all time favorite game is Diablo 2. So coming from that game, I was expecting Diablo 3 to be something at least equally as amazing, or better. Well, as it turns out, it was a huge disappointment, even after giving it a BIG chance playing the game entirely from beginning to end. Here's what I noted:

CONS - The game is way too easy on normal. I did get very lucking finding magical

CONS
    - The game is way too easy on normal. I did get very lucking finding magical items that gave me a combination of very high intelligence, vitality, and life regeneration (so my character was practically immortal and very strong). I think the inherent problem here is that the guys at Blizzard didn't think things through all the way and didn't correctly balance out character stats vs AI stats, making it extremely easy to kill AI monsters when increasing certain character attributes. In Diablo 2, even when finding very powerful weapons and armor, you still had a hard time killing bosses and such on Normal mode. In this game, I literally killed Diablo in 60 seconds.
    - Music was weak. Although a very minor detail to most, I feel like the soundtracks throughout gameplay in Diablo 2 were alot better and gave the game a very different feel, more mystical and creepy.
    - The cinematics weren't amazing (except for the one for the last Act, which was impressive). In Diablo 2, I remember feeling thrilled watching every cinematic for each Act.
    - I think it was so stupid not being able to use my equipped weapon. You're always forced to use your Left or Right mouse buttons for a specific skill you choose, and your weapon's damage is the determining factor of how much damage your skill does. That's stupid. You should be able to use your weapon freely, and it should have its own damage, and your skills should have their own damage and you should be able to use those separately.
    - I thought the characters looked pretty weak. I selected a wizard, and my character just looked like an adolescent. In Diablo 2, I remember the necromancer looking strong and powerful in the character selection screen (again, probably for minor detail for some, but for me it was just another little thing that showed me there was lack in attention to detail in this game).
    - Big lack of content. I was able to beat this game very quickly and go through the Acts fast. I feel like Diablo 2 had alot MORE maps and places to go in every Act.
    - Having to be always online to play the game was a HUGE mistake. I have one of the fastest internet service packages on the market, and even with that I still experienced lag many times while playing the game. It was extremely annoying hitting barrels and watching it shatter 10 seconds later.
    - I don't like that you couldn't really increase your Arcane Power (which used to be your Manna). Sometimes, you would find loot that would alter it by a couple points, and leveling up never increased it. Thats just stupid. A wizard, which is what I was, should have very high Arcane Power, Low Health points.
    - You never really used potions here. Minor detail, but I liked how Diablo 2 had a wide range of potions you could use for different benefits. Here, non-existent, just a Health Potion you rarely used because either your equipment gives you insane amount of health regeneration or theres tons of health globes laying around (I didn't like the health globes).

PROS
    - Graphics are an improvement.
    - Being able to remove gems from socketed items is an improvement, as well as combining gems to craft better gems. Huge plus.
    - I like that you were able to craft items using an Artisan, which before, in Diablo 2, was only restricted to the Horadric cube. Even though most of your good items will be found in loot, I was still able to craft 1 armor item that was better than what I currently had equipped.

I will say this, is the game entertaining? Yes. Is it better than many other games out there (because I do think alot of games out there in the world are just crap)? Yes. Is it worth the buy? Sure, but don't expect this to be as good as Diablo 2, because it really isn't.

I will finish by saying this, and I hope the guys at Blizzard see this. I am truly disappointed that after making millions of dollars and having had so many years to develop a good game, that Blizzard deviated so far from the original game. You should really stick to the basics to what made a previous game amazing, and not try to reinvent the wheel, just improve on things, not completely change it.
  40. Sep 10, 2014
    This is one of the worst games in the last decade. To give you an idea how broken Metacritic review system is: Over 5 thousand people logged into this site to warn you how bad this game is and that doesn't effect the "Metascore" at all. Instead it is currently rated 88 with only 1 negative review, Metascore is a separate reality. I would suggest ignoring it and reading user reviews.`
  41. Sep 5, 2014
    12 years on and Blizzard is still only able to take a step in the wrong direction.

Perhaps it could be said Diablo 3 is so bad because Diablo 2 was so good, but it seems so much effort was put into recreating a "new" and easy to play version of Diablo 3, that the developers lost sight of what really matters for video gaming, fun. The writing and the story are absolutely terrible, the

The writing and the story are absolutely terrible, the loot was poorly designed, the procedural generation has too many static elements for fun variation, the boss fights aren't particularly exciting, and the advancement skill gap at higher levels is stupidly unbalanced and made the actual viable class/skill choices terribly narrow.

The RMAH ended up not working for them at all, except for the reasonable amount of money it made Blizzard with huge fees. Honestly it was decently fun to use and I'm sure some people farmed, or bought all their items. And maybe the RMAH Gold Hall were used more than was intended, but honestly, trading was always a big part of original Diablo because there were actually items worth getting and things worth crafting.

Now even that's going away. Instead of taking the time to remove a feature, maybe take some more time to make an actual game. 12 years obviously wasn't enough.
  42. Aug 22, 2014
    "Diablo Online" should be called instead the shameful "3" that ruins the saga, it was meant to be played by a massive casual market, even most of the high scores to this game are based on "how good was simplified to all audiences" ignoring that this used to be a hardcore franchise. Also have lost features! There aren't stats, skill tree, lan, offline... how can be "good" a game who offer"Diablo Online" should be called instead the shameful "3" that ruins the saga, it was meant to be played by a massive casual market, even most of the high scores to this game are based on "how good was simplified to all audiences" ignoring that this used to be a hardcore franchise. Also have lost features! There aren't stats, skill tree, lan, offline... how can be "good" a game who offer less than its predecessors? And new features was only to destroy the playability like real money, while new features that could improve the game like mod support were discarded... the shameful casualization of Blizzard. Expand
  43. Aug 11, 2014
    I remember my hp having a RPG similar to Diablo3. the greater differences however is that the hp game had more; character classes, actual character customization, it was FREE!,The list could go on Diablo 3 is a bastardization of what a good game should be, and i am ashamed that i spent any money buying a copy.
  44. Aug 2, 2014
    The game is nowhere near what Diablo 2 was. The action is too spectacular, even at level 1 you're making visually incredible attacks.
    Also, the game is dumbed down like hell, you can't make mistakes whatsoever, so don't think, just play... If you want a fire mage, go for it, no problem, if you want an ice mage, just change your skills, nothing chains you in any way, it's like none of your actions make a lasting impact, you can't specialize a character besides equipment.

The other major fault of the game, in my opinion, is that you can't really think about how to play, if enemies are too strong, they always kill you, you can't think of ways of getting away with it because when you start attacking an enemy you're stuck with it, it will follow you everywhere and most of the times the only way of healing yourself is hitting enemies, so you die if you stop hitting but you die if you keep hitting, there's never a way to escape, so you don't actually get to choose anything, things just happen...

To sum up, if you want a game where you don't have to think of anything, just spend some time watching effects, this is ideal.

If you want your decisions to make an impact whatsoever, just stay away from this, because the few decisions you can make, won't even have an impact.
  45. Jul 28, 2014
    AVOID THIS GAME! Biggest joke of the decade and played off the hearts of Diablo fans everywhere.

After 2 1/2 years, the game is a disaster. They are adding ladders and greater rifts and both are nothing but recycled content. they have not even tried to fix the core issues, you are forced to play fire elemental specs because that is the only kind of gear in the game. They say they want you to play the game, the way you want to play it, but if you want to be able to clear content, or get the type of gear you need, you will have to play how Blizzard designed the game, and that is to play fire.

Pass on this game, it is a huge waste of money.
  46. Jul 28, 2014

Pass on this game, it is a huge waste of money.
  47. Jul 19, 2014
    I didn't fall for the hype, Didn't buy the game. Now Blizzard is offering a free demo. The game was made in 2012, but right from the start, it feels like I could have been made in 2005. I've played plenty of rpgs and diablo spinoffs, but this "official" Diablo feels like a spinoff itself, but a cheap one, that could have been made by a kickstarter effort from a few thousand dollars.
    In
    In 2014 (or 2012 for that matter) no character customization is an absolute no go.
    Poor inventory handling is an absolute no go.
    Poor interaction menu is an absolute no go.
    I truly feel like I'm playing a game from 10 years ago, not 2 years ago. It was acceptable for Diablo II to look and play the way it looked and played, but it's totally unacceptable in 2014 (or 2012).
    We had RPGs already, that done plenty of innovation in many aspects to the genre, none can be found in D3. Not sure if it's the stubborn Blizzard idea or somehow it's a design "feature".
    If I want to use a metaphor, imagine buying a car today for the same price as all the others, but upon sitting into it, you realize, it's equipped like a car from the 80s. 13 inch wheels, drum brakes, cassette player only, no remote lock or alarm and the seat feels like an old used sofa and it smells like mildew inside. All, for a premium price. It would be the laughing stock of the world, and so D3 should be.
  48. Jul 10, 2014
    When I played, Diablo 3 was a greedy auction house fest, with loot algorithms designed to force people to buy items from each other while giving Blizzard a cut of the money spend. Considering the price of the game and the impact it had one quality of game play, this was extremely unacceptable.

They supposedly fixed these issues and removed the auction house in the mean time, so my review from back then is no longer valid. Not gonna waste more money or time on the game though, so I'll just set my score as close as possible to the average player score and then clearly state that I have no idea if the game still sucks in the current version.
  49. Jul 5, 2014
    Outside of joining a lot of other reviewers in being annoyed that I had to connect to an account for single player, I still found the game to be poor. The story was a miserable bag of cliches, the atmosphere was unimpressive, the game-play itself felt bland, and the treasure system I loved from number two was reduced to background noise. Graphics are great, but that won't carry a gameOutside of joining a lot of other reviewers in being annoyed that I had to connect to an account for single player, I still found the game to be poor. The story was a miserable bag of cliches, the atmosphere was unimpressive, the game-play itself felt bland, and the treasure system I loved from number two was reduced to background noise. Graphics are great, but that won't carry a game for this little black duck. Expand
  50. Jun 27, 2014
    Simply put, Diablo 3 is not a Diablo. anymore. i would've been more generous at my scoring if it were named differently instead of tricking us that we have purchased a sequel to Diablo.
  51. Jun 5, 2014
    Games are about entertainment. You're supposed to have fun. However diablo 3 bored me from the very beginning. Previous installments in the series immersed me but this one really pales in comparison.
  52. Jun 5, 2014
    worst arpg I have ever played. the devs have no clue. its so bad their lead dev is now a joke in the industry. blizzard has lost a lot of fans with this game
  53. May 28, 2014
    The worst game ever seen for Bli$$ard+Activi$$ion. Take your Money and RUN.... Seriusly GARBAGE.
    not recommend purchase. Is a BETA version of the biggest crab Diablo III , just a BIG SHAME, the biggest scam of all history of Bli$$ard+Activi$$sion.
  54. May 20, 2014
    Este juego es la mayor basura creada por Bli$$ard+Activi$$sion: -No es divertido -no es bueno -NO recominedo su compra -No se puede ni jugar la mayoria de las veces por lag -No puedes encontrar buenos items por que esta todo NERFEADO para que el juego se alarge y tengas que jugar mas de 10 puñeteros años para poder jugar su Hihg-end. -No se puede jugar el modo hardcore por que hay MUCHOEste juego es la mayor basura creada por Bli$$ard+Activi$$sion: -No es divertido -no es bueno -NO recominedo su compra -No se puede ni jugar la mayoria de las veces por lag -No puedes encontrar buenos items por que esta todo NERFEADO para que el juego se alarge y tengas que jugar mas de 10 puñeteros años para poder jugar su Hihg-end. -No se puede jugar el modo hardcore por que hay MUCHO lag y te desconectas siempre
    -Los servidores son una autencica BASURA
    -Blizzard solo vende Mierda a precio de oro y luego se rie en la cara de sus clientes
    -No tiene un buen servido de atención

Basicamente es la mayor Basura que ha creado bli$$ard para sacaros el dinero y reirse de vosotros en vuestra cara. Collapse
  55. May 6, 2014
    bad game i told on chat noobs and i get warn by suport for my imagine bad behavior for caling baters noobs suport is bad same as this company 0 good legendary drop this game sux
  56. Apr 20, 2014
    Too much soap, cartoon engine. Don't waste your time and money on this game. It's not even close to Diablo 2 or even Diablo 1. Blizzard is just trying to use it's famous title to milk customers.
  57. Apr 17, 2014
    Garbage in every way compared to Diablo II but world of warcraft fans will like this crap. The Blizzard that made Diablo I and II is dead and so is the series. RIP
  58. Apr 17, 2014
    Unfortunately D3 does not live up to its predecesors. Blizzard seems to create a singleplayer ARPG but they are doing MMO balancing every few patches. it allready pissed me off big time getting nerfed in wow because of pvp concerns,but nerfing classes and items in a non competitive singleplayer game with co/op is just ridicolous. if you want to play a good arpg there is plenty more funUnfortunately D3 does not live up to its predecesors. Blizzard seems to create a singleplayer ARPG but they are doing MMO balancing every few patches. it allready pissed me off big time getting nerfed in wow because of pvp concerns,but nerfing classes and items in a non competitive singleplayer game with co/op is just ridicolous. if you want to play a good arpg there is plenty more fun stuff out there. check out torchlight I & II for example. they are more diablo than d3! Expand
  59. Apr 11, 2014
    Wow, don't buy this game. It looks exactly like WoW. Level cap is 60, expansion is 80? Hmm...sounds familiar...............................................
  60. Apr 11, 2014
    Updated my review for the expansion.

Updated my review for the expansion.

Blizzard has taken leaps to improve this game but after leveling another character I feel it is still lacking something fundamental, fun. The skill trees are still lacking in variety but this isn't the main issue as D2 had this same plan. If I had to pick the main thing that really annoys me about this game.. it would be the story. For me, this story is lacking so much more than the original had and the loot system still isn't as rewarding as many would have you believe. In fact, the improved loot system seemed to just make the game much easier at higher levels. I literally almost fell asleep while playing.

This could be a different story with the expansion. However, I refuse to pay $40 for an expansion after having my trust in blizzard ripped away from me. Many of you may be fine with companies that extort you but I have a fundamental problem with them and refuse to support them with my very hard earned money. Any who would argue against their extortion is blind to what happened with their DRM in the auction house and how you could pay nearly as much for an expansion that is majorly just a fix for what shouldn't have been a problem in the first place? Granted it has a new act and class and I would have payed 40 for it without question if all of the issues hadn't come about in the first place. Blizzard has lost my trust and will have to earn it back. Considering trends of other big box production companies, I doubt they will even care enough to try.
  61. Apr 8, 2014
    I came from the originals. Diablo and Diablo 2. Played the crap out of both those games. This game though, is a total failure. I can't even justify giving it a partial score, it's just a broken game! Lets start with the basics. The storyline? Very linear and bland. The graphics? Way too cartoon-like. The mechanics? Poorly executed and poorly driven. The overall action element? There isI came from the originals. Diablo and Diablo 2. Played the crap out of both those games. This game though, is a total failure. I can't even justify giving it a partial score, it's just a broken game! Lets start with the basics. The storyline? Very linear and bland. The graphics? Way too cartoon-like. The mechanics? Poorly executed and poorly driven. The overall action element? There is none. You feel like you're watching your character instead of playing. And the big kicker... ONLINE ONLY PLAYING! WHY???

Blizzard needs to learn a lesson about this game. You cannot make a fan of the series wait this long for a game and then shovel tons of brown gunk down their throats. I paid full price for this game, $69.99. It was way way way WAY over priced and was not worth my time in the long run.

Blizzard also needs to learn that capitalism does not work in the gaming industry. You only trap STUPID people when you jack up the price of crap. The smart people will eventually avoid you as a developer in the long run.

The next thing to break me away from Blizzard completely will be when they introduce micro-transacting. That will be the point at which Blizzard is no longer in it for making good games, they are in it totally for the money.

Shame that a developer has to go down this path...Shame...
  62. Apr 5, 2014
    This game became the victim of DRM and microtransaction greed. dont buy it.
    I loved diablo 2, and i naievely expected diablo 3 to be an improvement on the diablo 2 system. i was painfully disappointed. I got this game free and i still want a refund.
  63. Apr 4, 2014
    I think its fair to say that this game tanked bad, and their is no coming back to the high score that Diablo 2 set back in the day. In fact the only game now that comes close to that type of game play is Path of Exile. This game deserves only a zero anyone else who score above that has no respect for themselves and like have not played since the First Diablo. The game Has gotten better nowI think its fair to say that this game tanked bad, and their is no coming back to the high score that Diablo 2 set back in the day. In fact the only game now that comes close to that type of game play is Path of Exile. This game deserves only a zero anyone else who score above that has no respect for themselves and like have not played since the First Diablo. The game Has gotten better now since the roll out of ROS and I rated it a 6 for fixing many issues with the game. In all I feel that the game has been ruined and they need to move on and retire all three of these giant titles. Lets do somethings fresh Blizzard I think many would agree that we are getting tired of **** games being released from big vendors like yourself. Expand
  64. Mar 30, 2014
    As if the game wasn't bad enough (it's a copy of Diablo II!!!), the customer support and account management are by far the worst I've ever seen. Put your pw wrong three times and you'll end up in a miserable agony and disbelief trying to get back into your account. I have never met so idiotic "security" measurements that go **** from tiniest changes or mistakes, for example logging to yourAs if the game wasn't bad enough (it's a copy of Diablo II!!!), the customer support and account management are by far the worst I've ever seen. Put your pw wrong three times and you'll end up in a miserable agony and disbelief trying to get back into your account. I have never met so idiotic "security" measurements that go **** from tiniest changes or mistakes, for example logging to your account from different computer makes your account go locked. Good luck if you don't have your full name saved in account or you mistype it three times. I had to queue almost one hour to get service in english (not my mother tongue). And yes, that was the only option given. No email addresses or messaging systems, just phone number to diff. country. Yes, there is a ticket system but how's that supposed to help if you can't log in account and submit the ticket.

By far THE worst 60€ I've ever spent on anything.
  65. Mar 26, 2014
    Only good with blind fanboy

nothing change much from the game core which is utterly bad ...

There are many ARPG out there and they're outmatched DB3 + ROS

Sigh .. i love this series but this is nowhere to be good
  66. Mar 26, 2014
    There is simply too much to list about Diablo 3's initial release that made it pretty terrible. I know it's clichéd by now, but when I compare it to what D2:LoD was 11 years ago, this game simply falls flat on it's face. It has it's certain fun moments, but they truly don't last.

After the recent 2.0.1 patch, things have gotten significantly better - but it's still not up to par for where it should have been to begin. Reaper of Souls has also helped me regain some faith in Blizzard, but they still have a ways to go until it's a quality ARPG, like it's predecessor was.
  67. Mar 26, 2014
    when I picked up the demo I thought I was going to be given a new experience, not a generic hack and slash from 1997 with colorful dialog thrown in the the fun of it. besides all of the hours put into abilities and voice overs this game doesn't fly too far from generic, generic holy trinity click fest garbage. Where is all this hype about the expansion coming from? its the game thing butwhen I picked up the demo I thought I was going to be given a new experience, not a generic hack and slash from 1997 with colorful dialog thrown in the the fun of it. besides all of the hours put into abilities and voice overs this game doesn't fly too far from generic, generic holy trinity click fest garbage. Where is all this hype about the expansion coming from? its the game thing but with more things in it besides new innovative game-play. Expand
  68. Mar 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Biggest Fail game of the century.

Sucks so bad it has over 5k zero ratings.

Enough said

Diablo 3 is so boring you would have more fun at a bingo hall. Also the connection problems at launch are awful and show how incompetent Blizzard is. The graphics in game are also not close to what a Diablo game should look like.
  69. Mar 24, 2014
    I do not know why Blizzard work with the Diablo so many years, but Diablo 3 is just a misunderstanding. Boring, uninspired and without any interesting innovations. After a 4 hour session I was sick - I was thinking whether to buy a DLC "reaper of souls", but no, never!. The conclusion is simple, if you want to modern "Diablo" experience buy a Dark Souls series - This games have exactlyI do not know why Blizzard work with the Diablo so many years, but Diablo 3 is just a misunderstanding. Boring, uninspired and without any interesting innovations. After a 4 hour session I was sick - I was thinking whether to buy a DLC "reaper of souls", but no, never!. The conclusion is simple, if you want to modern "Diablo" experience buy a Dark Souls series - This games have exactly feeling like Diablo should have. Expand
  70. Mar 16, 2014
    I will not rate a game that has always-online a 1, let alone what Blizzard said about why offline mode will not be implemented. For Blizzard to say that they didn't make that game but made it offline on console for one, and for two they claim that gamers don't remember how angry they were by Diablo 2 being offline. I was without internet for about 8 days and I couldn't even load it to aI will not rate a game that has always-online a 1, let alone what Blizzard said about why offline mode will not be implemented. For Blizzard to say that they didn't make that game but made it offline on console for one, and for two they claim that gamers don't remember how angry they were by Diablo 2 being offline. I was without internet for about 8 days and I couldn't even load it to a login screen let alone anything else. If the auction house is closed then what's the point of it being online. If there was an offline mode for PC then I would rate this a 6 out of 10 Expand
  71. Mar 15, 2014
    Will not purchase, will not play, will not succumb to the iron will of Blizzard. From watching the cinematics ... as has always been the case with blizzard... and some "lets plays" the game looks great and if 90% of the items werent on blizzard's servers and there was an offline only option It would be great. But until they realize that Im not going to have my games monitored and myWill not purchase, will not play, will not succumb to the iron will of Blizzard. From watching the cinematics ... as has always been the case with blizzard... and some "lets plays" the game looks great and if 90% of the items werent on blizzard's servers and there was an offline only option It would be great. But until they realize that Im not going to have my games monitored and my items under lock and key I will not buy this game. Expand
  72. Mar 15, 2014
    First play through is pretty good, monsters are weak enough that lag from not being next to a server isn't much of an issue. Much past the first difficulty is impossible unless you are near a server (Single player included) Fun, but 0 replay value. Blizzard has hopped on the draconian DRM bandwagon with this one unfortunately, try Path of Exile or Torchlight 2.
  73. Mar 13, 2014
    Just awful, was kind off enjoyable for the first few hours it took to run through the game. Then you realize it's always going to be the same linear piece of **** and you get a sour taste of hate and regret in your mouth.

After about a month I had entirely forgotten about it, and so had most other people. It's not memorable at all, it's bad. It has little to no replayabilty and is dumbed down so much that it doesn't even make sense to continue after you've tried out all your abilities. Not to mention the stupid DRM and what ever stupid decisions Blizzard decided to implement, I don't remember exactly what they were but I remember them being the dumbest thing I had heard in a long time at the time.

Goes to show that you cannot trust professional game reviewers.

Avoid at all cost
  74. Mar 13, 2014
    I can't in my right mind give this game a good review when it has destroyed such a wonderful and one of my favourite ever franchises.

There are those who would applaud Diablo 3 as a model of great AAA quality, others just because it is Blizzard, and most because they are fans of the franchise although they don't know it, they prove to actually not being true fans to the franchise as this is in a completely different direction than the originals.

To make things clear, I will review the game in two ways. The first is as a New IP, the second as a sequel to an Old IP.

As a new IP, the game direction, design and style is not that bad. Blizzard has the budget to back up quality in the product and it shows, from the wonderfully detailed menus, to everything, it is simply polished up real nice. What starts to then weaken it is the fact that it really seams simple in it's structure, especially for a game being developed for so long and especially for a hack and slash game released on 2012. Expectations are far beyond what was given from a company with such a budget and resources as Blizzard, but expectations are also larger from what is actually possible in such a game and genre in our time.

The length was quite short. The story was ok-ish. Included DRM and other online things that simply shouldn't be there for a game like this. Limited party size, to simply later reveal that the game was indeed aimed for consoles as well.

I have nothing against a game being also made for consoles, as long as it doesn't take out features from the PC version just to do this, the way Diablo 3 did. The game felt 5 years old and that is the best that can be said about it as a new IP, no matter how polished it was. The game ends up being marginally a 5/10 as it doesn't deliver in a surprisingly new way neither lives up to the expectations of a company as large as Blizzard and so much time being put into it. RAGE from id was longer, for crying out loud, and it was a first person shooter. Skyrim took around the same time to develop, and the results show why. Diablo 3 does not convince in any way that it is a project taken seriously, especially with regards to the original fans, which takes us to part 2.

Reviewing it as the sequel to the original franchise (which is the true review) the game is simply not Diablo. Diablo 2 delivered, in size and content 4 times that of the original, and it kept to the original style which is what the Diablo universe was all about that Lovecraft styled and gothic demonic look and atmosphere created. Something that the previous Blizzard employees that actually worked on and made Diablo 1 and 2 managed to recreate on their next project, Hellgate.

The direction was a slap in the face. It is like playing the TES universe and the third iteration being in a completely different direction than the other two. Blizzard saw into simply scrapping the original franchise and making something new, make it marginally as long as the previous titles if not shorter (much shorter actually), get rid of entire features, apply it to consoles, use the old franchise name and their own to sell and advertise it, and deliver a product that did nothing of create the feeling the old titles created. Art direction was mostly changed to appeal to a larger scale target market as well, also evident in the fact that it was ultimately aimed at console launches as well.

To further prove that they really don't give a damn about the old franchise, neither the fans, at the complaint on the new direction and art for Diablo 3 from many fans, they released a troll Cow Level with rainbows claiming that "this is childish", not Diablo 3. Hardly the approach of a serious company, but rather the actions of a child arguing it's point, going completely out of their way to simply try and prove they are right.

They are not right, not by a long-shot. The feel of the original franchise which was spectacular simply wasn't there, it was something else. The Cthulu-ish designs and dark sinister world worthy of the name Diablo was scrapped, and they have the audacity to try and say otherwise even though the results are so evident? I am ashamed in them, and the title.

Diablo 3 brought nothing new to the genre instead it simplified it, while it also ruined the original franchise, and instead of delivering at least an attempt to show that they put twice the work in it than previous Diablo titles, we get results that require half the effort. Path of Exile felt more like the original Diablo franchise, and it was a free to play game from an indie developer. The results Blizzard achieved here are appalling and not nearly in the lowest of their standards that we deserve to have. But then again, Blizzard hasn't been Blizzard since 2002.

The game is barely 2/10. I would have given it 3/10, but Blizzards stance on it, the continuation of supporting their decision rather than admitting to fault, along with other things, drops it to 2/10... And I am being nice.
  75. Mar 7, 2014
    Diablo III is one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history. The story is garbage, the graphics are cartoonish, etc etc etc. I had trouble seeing 15 months of development, not to mention the 15 years that D3 took. I'll be an old man for D4, not that I would waste my money again. To rub salt in the wounds, D3 is almost decent now that the DLC is about to be released. Too little wayDiablo III is one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history. The story is garbage, the graphics are cartoonish, etc etc etc. I had trouble seeing 15 months of development, not to mention the 15 years that D3 took. I'll be an old man for D4, not that I would waste my money again. To rub salt in the wounds, D3 is almost decent now that the DLC is about to be released. Too little way too late. I hope nobody buys the DLC to send a clear message to Blizzard that their game is pathetic . Expand
  76. Mar 3, 2014
    I write my review nearly 2 years after the game release, so I wasn't there for the game day release woes. Though I can understand the vitriol when coupled with the game itself.

-There wasn't a great deal of innovation on the series. I've played all the the Diablo games and enjoyed them for what they were. That being said, it seems reasonable to have slightly higher expectations for a game that was released after a 10 year gap in the series.

-My most immediate turn off was the boring loot. In a game that's literally about collecting loot, the items were terrible. Armor sets that match for bonuses, cool proc effects, legendary items that grant fun abilities...all gone and replaced with stat sticks. Even the stats on the legendary items were bad.

-Customization was gone. I liked being able to distribute my stats. Even if each point gave me improvement measured in some tiny percentage, it was satisfying to do so.

-Pay to win. This is completely ridiculous. I'm not a competitive player, so I ignored the auction house completely. Though the fact that it exists is very, very wrong.

-Price. At the time of release the game was $60. It had dropped when I bought it and is due to drop again. Though I suspect a $40 expansion is in the works. This just seems a little over the top when similar games are so much cheaper. (Torchlight 2 $15, Path of Exile FREE)

What the game gets right are great looking graphics, the always high quality Blizzard cinematics, and bug free gameplay. The voice acting, though cheesy, is done by some of the best in the business. It just wasn't enough though. I've rarely felt "cheated" by a game, but for the price, Diablo III just wasn't worth it.
  77. Mar 1, 2014
    I wondered why this game was such a massive disappointment until I realized it was made by Activision. They have killed Tony Hawk, GuitarHero, Call of Duty, and now Diablo. After 12 years they finally released this game, and it is so worse than garbage that there is no word to describe it. I could go on and on about why, but basically this game leaves out everything that was good about D2I wondered why this game was such a massive disappointment until I realized it was made by Activision. They have killed Tony Hawk, GuitarHero, Call of Duty, and now Diablo. After 12 years they finally released this game, and it is so worse than garbage that there is no word to describe it. I could go on and on about why, but basically this game leaves out everything that was good about D2 and adds a bunch of nothing...except for lag. I have not been able to run this game without constant lag on my year old dell. Ridiculous. BF3 runs at 30fps and still doesn't give lag anywhere near like this.  Expand
  78. Feb 26, 2014
    Putting aside the issues a game launch for the moment : Any game that requires always online DRM to play what is essentially a single player game should be avoided at all costs. In the case of Diablo III, this is nothing but a cynical ploy to get players hooked up to the Auction House so Blizzard can replace some of the revenues they are losing from WOW.

As to the issues at game launch:

As to the issues at game launch:

1. Blizzard was aware of the number of games sold by preorder and presumptively capable of being able to calculate sales at launch. This is one of the primary functions of their marketing department.
    2. Blizzard did not adjust download capacity at launch to meet these requirements.
    3. Blizzard did not adjust server capacity to meet the on-line play requirements at launch or subsequent to launch.

Conclusion:

1. Blizzard deliberately launched a game which they knew they could not fully support.
    2. Blizzard deliberately sold a game which they knew its customers would not be able to play in full or in part for some period of time after launch.
    3. As many have pointed out in the past, this is effectively fraud. Deliberately selling a product that does not work is unacceptable in almost any industry, and should be considered criminal.
    4. These actions show that Blizzard views and treats its customers with complete contempt.

Solution:

1. Do not buy this or any other games from this Blizzard.
    2. Do not buy this or any other game requiring on-line play for single player games.
  79. Feb 24, 2014
    no offline co op=0 no offline co op=0 no offline co op=0 no offline co op=0 no offline co op=0 no offline co op=0 no offline co op=0 no offline co op=0 no offline co op=0 no offline co op=0 no offline co op=0
  80. Feb 24, 2014
    From the get go this game was ruined. People say now, after two years since launch, that the game is finally what it should have been. Well, that's two years too late, and they have the balls to charge 40$ for an upcoming expansion with 20%- 25% new content? I'd throw 15$ at Blizzard just to own the expansion, even if i won't play it. 40 bucks ? Good bye.
  81. Feb 20, 2014
    What have you done, Blizzard? Nobody likes the story not even the whole game. All you do is stacking 5x Nephalem in Festering Wood then you enter a prepared crypt in mp10 and you level the same character class up to 100 all over again to get a paragon 1000 toon in the next expansion. All you do is clear the same lame crypt tapping 1-1-1-1-1 like a retard in Archon form and beam while rightWhat have you done, Blizzard? Nobody likes the story not even the whole game. All you do is stacking 5x Nephalem in Festering Wood then you enter a prepared crypt in mp10 and you level the same character class up to 100 all over again to get a paragon 1000 toon in the next expansion. All you do is clear the same lame crypt tapping 1-1-1-1-1 like a retard in Archon form and beam while right clicking everywhere. Here is my score infinite 0-0-0-0-0! Expand
  82. Feb 18, 2014
    Gameplay is fun but..... the story is awful, the art/feel of the game is terrible, and required internet is garbage. Will never back Blizzard on another one of their games ever again. After seeing Reaper of Souls beta being streamed -- sucks to be anyone buying that load of crap. Maybe you guys will enjoy your trip through a well-lit and cartoony fairy tale with units/lands pasted from D2Gameplay is fun but..... the story is awful, the art/feel of the game is terrible, and required internet is garbage. Will never back Blizzard on another one of their games ever again. After seeing Reaper of Souls beta being streamed -- sucks to be anyone buying that load of crap. Maybe you guys will enjoy your trip through a well-lit and cartoony fairy tale with units/lands pasted from D2 and the same lame class coming back into play.

Out of 8778 reviews, having a 3.9 score is pretty terrible. There have been 86 critic reviews giving it an average of 88 which is even more of a joke.

Also: The months of creating PVP? What a joke.
  83. Feb 17, 2014
    Not as good as Diablo 1 or 2 or even Torchlight 1 or 2.

Basically 4 things drag it down HARD. 1. Worst of all it is pay to win (but not even close to free to play). Inexcusable for a game you pay for. Obnoxiously so for a game you pay this much for. 2. Story. This story is weak. Some of the characters are fun (I'd like to learn more about many of the followers), but the demon of
    Not as good as Diablo 1 or 2 or even Torchlight 1 or 2.

Basically 4 things drag it down HARD.

2. Story. This story is weak. Some of the characters are fun (I'd like to learn more about many of the followers), but the demon of lies is a horrible liar (being obvious from the get-go) and the boards/missions/quests are not varied or exciting enough.

3. Loot/drops. Because they decided to make it pay to win, Loot and drops are not worth grinding, on the whole. Merchants are useless, and even legendary drops are unexciting given that they are almost always not even worth selling on the auction house. Its basically this: there is one correct way to play without real money. Grind gold, go to AH, buy items, grind more gold. Alternatively, you can, instead of playing the actual game, play the auction house to make money.

I don't think anyone bought Diablo 3 to play "stock market, fantasy style" but that's one of the two viable ways to do well in the game. Awful.

4. Online only DRM (with sweet, sweet server management. Honestly, if the game were good, I could probably/possibly excuse this. I think/hope that it prevents haxx, which sorta ruined any pvp or multiplayer in prior Diablos (especially 1). Given that I primarily want to play with my family, I'd be more than happy to lose this in favor of LAN based play.
  84. Feb 12, 2014
    This game is a 4, the reason people are rating it a 1 is because it is the sequel to Diablo 2. It basically took everything that was awesome from the genre and that game and stripped it down to a crappy, boring experience. I did not enjoy any of the time I spent playing this game.
  85. Feb 11, 2014
    Great graphics and a decent story but the game was completely ruined by the lack of character customisation/choices/surprise. AH ruined any loot found, Loved Diablo II and I have been looking forward to this game for a long time. Zero replay value. The whole game was based on the stats which gear provides and weapon damage determining spell damage was a bad idea.
  86. Feb 10, 2014
    The graphics are too rainbow bright, cartoonish and girly. The dialogue is cheese and the story is lacking. The art style is too much like World of Warcraft.
  87. Feb 9, 2014
    This failed to deliver as a true ARPG. It has no competitive aspects. Failed promises. The D3 development team does not know what they are doing. bad game.....
  88. Feb 9, 2014
    Not really good remake of Diablo 2 which looks like cartoon. This game is cheap as dad from Transformers movie. Frankly, I want my money back as this is not "Diablo" as I (and many) expected, it's a different game that speculate on Diablo name. Don't seems like I'm buying any other Blizzard games, not before a lot of good USERS reviews at least, as Blizzard reputation is non existing forNot really good remake of Diablo 2 which looks like cartoon. This game is cheap as dad from Transformers movie. Frankly, I want my money back as this is not "Diablo" as I (and many) expected, it's a different game that speculate on Diablo name. Don't seems like I'm buying any other Blizzard games, not before a lot of good USERS reviews at least, as Blizzard reputation is non existing for me anymore. Expand
  89. Feb 8, 2014
    you can call it **** or scam. This game ruined diablo's franchise, turning it into a cheesy pay2win for coach junkies or beliebers. Stay away and keep the money
  90. Jan 15, 2014
    This is more of a review on the official critics, both here and on other sites. When you google Diablo 3 review, you see ridiculously high ratings across the board, some teetering on the edge of 10/10...

What game were they playing? IMO, they were playing greedy buggers. Marking down a Blizzard game seems almost sacrilegious. Having an honest opinion seems to require too much competency, or moral fiber, or some other factor, because I haven't seen one yet in regards to this game.

It's a glaring insult to this site's readers when the official critics have a this turd at 8.8/10. Right beside it is a far more honest take on Diablo 2's retarded step child. With laughably bad story, dialogue, cinematic boss fights *ugggghhh -_-*, terrible balancing issues, melee hatred, a need for A2 inferno items to complete A1 Inferno, moronically bad legendaries, a requirement to rely on the AH to get 95% of your end game gear, the AH in and of itself... The list goes on, markedly worse being the most ignominious demise of one of gaming history's most beloved characters, Deckard Cain....death by dominatrix slutterfy *shudder*

What good points this game has are few and far between; not even the atmosphere is remotely near the mark! For many, seemingly most, fans of the Diablo franchise, this game was a terrible, decade late blow. I, personally, don't even consider it to be canon, preferring to hold out hope that the D3 team will be eradicated with extraordinary prejudice and replaced by a team who will release a truly worthwhile successor to one of the most heavily awarded and best loved RPG series of all time. For free. I can dream, can't I?

I rarely take official reviews under consideration as fluffing up crap games is just one of the many tools video game companies use to sell their games. This, though, is just so unabashedly rotten that I feel disgusted. Blizzard hasn't been Blizzard for years, and these glowing reviews are terrible attempts at adding shine to a turd.
  91. Jan 14, 2014
    This game is a shame. It betrays the atmosphere of previous episodes,which were much darker. Cooldowsns in skills, forced internet connexion, real money device, seriously. Blizzard has gone completely wrong and is destroying so many ips...
  92. kpc
    Jan 13, 2014
    An unmitigated disaster.

An unmitigated disaster.

I've tried evaluating the game on its own merits, though doing so is merely an exercise in reality denial for etiquette's sake. On that level, it lacks very basic RPG replayability features like skipping through dialogue, story variation, meaningful choices, environment randomization, and bosses more difficult than trash packs. On the plus side, Diablo has boobs. If this were brand new IP, I'd consider giving it 1 or 2 out of 10 for the fine graphic detail if nothing else.

As a chapter in the hallowed Diablo franchise, it goes from bad to unquestionably the biggest disappointment in the history of gaming. And I'm not even one of those who holds up D1 or D2 as the greatest games ever. Both had many flaws I considered gamebreaking and exasperating. But they both had that "it" factor. D3 has a variation of that... prefixed by "sh". The eerieness and danger of the previous games is completely absent. Godlike demons mock the player using taunts befitting a third grade playground. The whole experience feels cheap and rushed, especially the inane dialogue and awful voice acting. The only thing I can truthfully call an improvement over the prequels would be the cutscenes... too bad you have swim thirty laps through an olympic size pool full of raw sewage to get two minutes of fresh air.

I won't go so far as to cast aspersions on the pro reviewers over there regarding whether they were paid for that 88 metascore, but I do highly doubt they bothered playing the game more than a few hours before rendering their verdict. Indeed, D3 seems designed to let a reviewer check items off their rubric in Act 1, intentionally obscuring the fetid fecal matter lurking beneath. Act 1 even occasionally drops some useful, well-itemized loot, hinting that the rest of the game will follow suit. If only it were so.

What about that "Blizzard polish"? Wasted... on a micro transaction system of all things. I mean, if you're going to bollucks up something this badly, at least go for broke trying to innovate something people actually want. If you screw up trying to make it work with gesture control, or make too many abilities to choose from, or introduce a never before seen game mechanic, that's forgivable. But using paying customers and your most beloved brand to focus group test Bobby Kotick's microtransaction wet dream is just despicable on all levels.

So the game has just enough of that Blizzard polish to make it distinguishable from a Chinese F2P translated into broken English... great job team. Unfortunately the polish was spread unevenly, and it is abundantly clear that the lion's share of the development effort in this game went toward driving people to the RMAH after selling them a title undeservedly bearing the Diablo franchise name at full retail price. Not that it matters; the game is terrible with or without the RMAH. No amount of polish will bail you out if the core product is lacking the fundamentals. Ask the FFXIV developers... whose first attempt was still many orders of magnitude better than D3 and they were all fired.

I would be remiss if I did not address the always online DRM, the icing on this failcake. Those with satellite internet, rural DSL, or basically anyone outside of big cities in the first world with sub-50ms latency need not apply. Sounds like a good business plan to me. No, let's let everyone lag to hell because it's easier to not have to actually fix exploits and regulate the online community. But yeah, let's still have hardcore mode... nothing says skill like a reliable internet connection and dodging lag spikes. D3's sole innovation in the genre... showing the world to what extreme DRM brute force can be taken and still sell games on name recognition alone.

So let's pretend for one minute that the game isn't terrible. Let's pretend that it is the most awe-inspiring artwork of a game ever created or ever even imagined. Guess what... it still gets a 0. A Ferrari gets a 0/10 as a car, no matter how pretty it is or how fast it can theoretically go, if it won't bloody start. No one, and I mean no one, will ever make a single player RPG so good that they get to dictate how I play it or require that I let them watch my activity, lest I might try to steal something, AFTER I GODDAMN WELL PAID FOR IT. Arrogant, authoritarian nonsense like this makes me want to START botting and hacking just to piss them off, and I have never been even mildly tempted to do either.

D3 has succeeded in one thing however: converting a formerly wide-eyed, kid-in-a-candy-store, diehard fan of Blizzard's game craftmanship into a "never again" cynic, instantly suspicious of anything Activision (let's face facts... there is no Blizzard any more) will ever produce.

TLDR: You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.
  93. Jan 13, 2014
    Seriously, this game fail everywhere that diablo 2 succeeded. Now they are killing the game by removing the economy system. Good luck to find items now.
  94. Jan 12, 2014
    Avoid it at all costs!! I got this title free from Blizzard because of a WoW subscription promotion and even paying for WoW and getting a special mount it DID NOT worth it. It cannot be compared to Diablo I and II. The end was something that most players will feel more painful that ME3 and DA2. Not even for free I got satisfied. You have been warned!!
  95. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is one of the most boring games I have ever played. Now I don't look for bad games and almost every game i've played has had something fun about it. the only game I have ever played and had no fun what so ever is this one. there is no character customization, no variation in what skills you can learn and no variation in the game aside from what class you choose. Its game-play isThis game is one of the most boring games I have ever played. Now I don't look for bad games and almost every game i've played has had something fun about it. the only game I have ever played and had no fun what so ever is this one. there is no character customization, no variation in what skills you can learn and no variation in the game aside from what class you choose. Its game-play is that of a line walking button mashing experience. Expand
  96. Jan 1, 2014
    Diablo 3 has been one of the greatest disappointments for me since I play Video games. The main reasons are:
    1: The game is pathetically easy. On my first run though I played a monk. In the entire game I used a single health potion and I died one single time, mostly because I wasn't paying attention anymore due to an overdose of boredom. I am NOT a hardcore gamer.
    2. With the
    2. With the introduction of dragonball z-like fighting sequences the game has received a touch of ridiculousness (e.g. is the daemon hunter firing bolts with mounted miniature-nuclear-warheads??)
    3. Extremely boring gameplay: Just left click the mouse and hordes of monsters will die, often even accidently while to try to walk from A to B.
    4. The dialogues are no good. Most annoying are those when the heroes pat themselves on the back noticing how powerful and strong they are. And why do your main opponents need to appear to you in a vision every time you achieve a victory to mock you?? (Kiddy Junk!)
    5. The game developers paid zero dedication to small but important details which give a story (or game) an air of sinisterness, gruesomeness or fearfulness, in short, there is absolutely no horror element in the game anymore.
    6. Boring story.
    In summary blizzard did remarkably well in creating a game so close to industry standards in any regard that there remains nothing unique and special about it anymore, it is a game without flavour. A game for kids.
  97. Jan 1, 2014
    One of the most anticipated games of the decade that turned out to be one of the biggest gaming disappointments of the decade. Aside from the game play everything that made Diablo an awesome game is removed from Diablo 3. Their reason for this is clear they wanted to create and easy to port console game which had to be a watered down version of the original Diablo series. The story lineOne of the most anticipated games of the decade that turned out to be one of the biggest gaming disappointments of the decade. Aside from the game play everything that made Diablo an awesome game is removed from Diablo 3. Their reason for this is clear they wanted to create and easy to port console game which had to be a watered down version of the original Diablo series. The story line makes no sense and the items are boring and horrible. Do not buy this game. Expand
  98. Dec 31, 2013
    This game is the definition of instant gratification, no complexity, no challenge and no depth. No permanent meaningful choices, change your mind at any point. It's a shame really because visually it looks good and it has the quality of a Blizzard game in terms of how it runs, they just made some very poor design decisions.

On top of it all they added the Real Money Auction House pay

On top of it all they added the Real Money Auction House pay real money for success instead of putting in the time and effort. Why did Blizzard turn their backs on the previous games and still decide to call this game Diablo? This game doesn't deserve to be called Diablo.

Let this game be an example to other developers of what to avoid when developing a game.
  99. Dec 30, 2013
    I just wished and got this title as a Christmas gift. I was going away to and was really excited to play it on my laptop when i´d have alone time. I install the game and I´m hit with an incredible disappointment, I never thought I´d care so much about offline playability but now i know. Sure it was me who did´nt know this before i wished for D3 but why o why would a gaming company denyI just wished and got this title as a Christmas gift. I was going away to and was really excited to play it on my laptop when i´d have alone time. I install the game and I´m hit with an incredible disappointment, I never thought I´d care so much about offline playability but now i know. Sure it was me who did´nt know this before i wished for D3 but why o why would a gaming company deny this freedom of choice. For a title like this i mean... from me it´s gonna be a low score, not being able to even access the game unless stationed i cannot give it more. Expand
  100. Dec 29, 2013
    Worst RPG ever. Beautiful artwork but the mechanics and the endgame sucks hard. Reaper of souls is gonna be even worse than the vanilla. The new Crusader class is boring. Most of the skills are copied from the other ones. Act5 is cool but one act doesn't fix the game. Now the only end game is going to be rifts and bounties which are boring and not enough rewarding. Everything is accountWorst RPG ever. Beautiful artwork but the mechanics and the endgame sucks hard. Reaper of souls is gonna be even worse than the vanilla. The new Crusader class is boring. Most of the skills are copied from the other ones. Act5 is cool but one act doesn't fix the game. Now the only end game is going to be rifts and bounties which are boring and not enough rewarding. Everything is account bound. Public games sucks, no benefits for being in a clan. I played the closed beta of the expansion and I am really disappointed. It doesn't worth the money. Expand
  101. Jan 24, 2013
    I'm writing this review just now, I bought it with high expectations the same day it has been released and I was and I am still disappointed. Lot of features missing (PvP ofc), game is too short, no interactions with npc, no interactions in cooperative mode, repetitive, too much repetitive (and after hours and hours of farming, not even good items). Really happy Wilson left Diablo3, heI'm writing this review just now, I bought it with high expectations the same day it has been released and I was and I am still disappointed. Lot of features missing (PvP ofc), game is too short, no interactions with npc, no interactions in cooperative mode, repetitive, too much repetitive (and after hours and hours of farming, not even good items). Really happy Wilson left Diablo3, he failed everything. Just saying, I bought TorchLight2 for play with friends and yes, it's chaotic, in cooperative mode you do not understand what's going on on the screen but it's still more enjoyable than Diablo3. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012