4.0

1. Jun 20, 2012
    Not sure where the hate is coming from with this game. I'm about 25 hours in and the game just keeps getting better. Sure there were server issues for the first week or so but what game doesn't have them. Passionate gamers have built a game for us and for the masses. I almost never replay any game and I'm about halfway through my second play-through and see no reason to stop untilNot sure where the hate is coming from with this game. I'm about 25 hours in and the game just keeps getting better. Sure there were server issues for the first week or so but what game doesn't have them. Passionate gamers have built a game for us and for the masses. I almost never replay any game and I'm about halfway through my second play-through and see no reason to stop until finishing the last difficulty level. Ignore the haters, this is a fantastic game by one of the best game studios in the business. Expand
  2. Jun 19, 2012
    this game has the most amazing graphics and is incredibly addictive! even if you finish the game playing it at a higher level of difficulty is still really fun! blizzard never disappoints!
  3. Jun 16, 2012
    Having brought 3 characters to level 50+ and one character to the level 60 post game in the past couple of weeks, I find that the game feels like something between playing slot machines and eating Kraft cheese singles. It is short, linear, repetitive, and, above all, boring.
  4. Jun 15, 2012
    a good game deserves a good mark for great graphics. Optimal optimal gameplay of the series continued good characters and good dialogues blizzard had seven years of production
  5. Jun 15, 2012
    I totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is theI totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is the first one I've bought in over a decade, the last being Diablo II and I am loving every second of it. Don't let the crybabies fool you. This game is epic and once all the kinks are worked out within the next few months plan on playing this for years. Say that about other games...oh yeah you can't Expand
  6. Jun 14, 2012
    I've put in a lot of time into this game, and I must say that Blizzard has truly outdone themselves. The story that continues right from the end Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction truly makes this a fantastic title with marvelous boss fights, replayability with up to 8 characters, Hardcore, and at least 4 difficulties that I have seen there is so much content packed into the game we can all seeI've put in a lot of time into this game, and I must say that Blizzard has truly outdone themselves. The story that continues right from the end Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction truly makes this a fantastic title with marvelous boss fights, replayability with up to 8 characters, Hardcore, and at least 4 difficulties that I have seen there is so much content packed into the game we can all see ourselves playing this game at least until the new Starcraft 2 expansion comes out. Plus with the easy ability to join into a public game and get involved with other games it is just fantastic. The only two complaints is why do they not have a feature where I can speak to my teammates through a mic, and I should not have to be online to access the game because I might not have a fantastic internet connection, but still want to play the game. SINGLE PLAYER should never have lag. Expand
  7. Jun 14, 2012
    I can let go of the well-known fact - that the story is lacklustre, kills off too many major characters and has obvious plotholes - because the gameplay is absolutely engaging, addictive and FUN.

When I first played diablo 2, I was too young to have any appreciation of storytelling in videogames. Thus, I didn't really have any expectations for lore or storyline for the game. Even

Even with such a major change to the way you use abilities from the previous installment, the point remains that Diablo 3 is as fun to play as I had hoped. It isn't perfect but I'm having fun and I suspect it'll keep me sated for years to come.

To sum up, I started off with a score of 11 out of 10, because I'm having that much fun playing the game.
    Technical hitches at day one and beyond --> Minus one. (blizzard should know better)
    STORY STORY STORY --> Minus one.

Leaves me at a 9/10 :) thanks for reading.
  8. Jun 13, 2012
    It amuses me how people people give such a negative comments on a game they have hardly touched. Several complaints are simply that there are minor issues with the game play, but if this was made by another company they would be compliments on how few they are instead. Others complain that you don't get to put points into a particular stat like you we're able to in the previous DiabloIt amuses me how people people give such a negative comments on a game they have hardly touched. Several complaints are simply that there are minor issues with the game play, but if this was made by another company they would be compliments on how few they are instead. Others complain that you don't get to put points into a particular stat like you we're able to in the previous Diablo games and this creates a lack of diversity in builds. This simply is untrue as the current system allows for far more option, in D2 you would just go on-line and find the best build and use that one, now you actually think about what abilities you are going to take depending on you play style and group make up. Another common complaint is that the game is too easy, for this I have to say get to hell difficulty act 2. that is where the challenge really starts to ramp up. Normal and Nightmare really are there to teach you how to play your character and slowly give you all your skills with their 6 different variants each, Hell is to finish off your levels, and Inferno is to Give you the real Challenge. One last complaint is that the game is Grindy, well that shouldn't really be a surprise this is a Diablo game after all. Finally this game isn't perfect and there is defiantly areas that can be improved, and if we know Blizzard the problems will never be fixed.. JK everyone knows deep down that any bugs and game play issues will get fixed it's just a matter of time ;) Expand
  9. Jun 12, 2012
    This game has been a huge disappointment to most players. Though many don't know anything about the Diablo series due to it's massive period of time between releases. Diablo 3 is a terrific game with beautiful graphics and the in depth story line and looting system will have you playing for weeks on end. I'd like to point out that this game will be receiving expansions as well as a raisedThis game has been a huge disappointment to most players. Though many don't know anything about the Diablo series due to it's massive period of time between releases. Diablo 3 is a terrific game with beautiful graphics and the in depth story line and looting system will have you playing for weeks on end. I'd like to point out that this game will be receiving expansions as well as a raised level cap through the years and will provide months of game play. It's a truly fantastic game that is spoiled on kids who don't appreciate it. Expand
  10. Jun 12, 2012
    this game is awful, and im a HUGE blizzard fan. at first i noticed i couldnt customize the look of my toon, yet.. its an rpg.. that right there says it all.. but the gameplay is terrible.. point click point click.. boring, where am i? no world map.. wow, no world map?! at that point i gave up, game sucks.
  11. Jun 10, 2012
    Great game especially in Coop with friends!
    DIablo will always a grind game so if you don't like it, just leave it!
    auction house is a dangerous thing because you can get hooked just looking for items for your character instead of playing the game normally
    I advise you to finish the game normally and then go to auction!
  12. Jun 10, 2012
    Dont listen to any of these reviews, the 0 and low scores are from people who either bought it and had trouble logging on or someone who thought it was going to be exactly like diablo 2. Diablo 3 is a GREAT game and im loving it so much 1 month after release. Will be holding my attention for years!
  13. Jun 8, 2012
    I have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes I felt it was to simplistic at first but the skill tree is awesome! There are so many options. I have been gaming on the PC and Apple computers sense 1983 and I get board of games very easy now a days and I have to say I have put 28+ hours into the game and I found my self wanting to play it more (This has notI have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes I felt it was to simplistic at first but the skill tree is awesome! There are so many options. I have been gaming on the PC and Apple computers sense 1983 and I get board of games very easy now a days and I have to say I have put 28+ hours into the game and I found my self wanting to play it more (This has not happened in years). I don't care about the DRM (pirate games are just as bad or worse) because I think that the developers ($$$$) need a pat on the back for this game. I know that Activision is a $$ cow but what company is not???? AT&T, Google, Microsoft, Apple, GM, Verizon, GE, IBM, EA, Facebook on and on!!!! We live in a capital nation and what this what we can we expect. I am just happy that PC gaming is so alive and well. Expand
  14. Jun 7, 2012
    Really great game. Most of the negative reviews are from people having launch day issues. It's really unfortunate, because the gameplay is really polished, quests are interesting, and just plain fun.
  15. Jun 7, 2012
    The game retains the classic feel of the originals with quick hack-n-slash mechanics, lots of loot, random levels, and excellent progression. There is excessive gore albeit you're looking at it from a distance.

The new skill system is deviously clever, and so far none of my friends are using the exact same build despite pre-release criticisms. Itemization is lovely. I no longer feel like

Itemization is lovely. I no longer feel like my class is preventing the majority of my loot drops from being useful. The focus is back on the stats where it should be instead of class restrictions.

The story is heart wrenching and well told. Leaves me wanting a new expansion very badly.

Artistically it's gorgeous. It's obvious a lot of thought went in to it. It's easy to follow your character in combat even when assaulted by dozens of mobs, and I can instantly recognize where I am in the game based on the palette used.
  16. Jun 7, 2012
    I haven't played any of the previous Diablo's, I'm thinking about buying them to compare, but Diablo III is a very enjoyable game to mess about on with friends or play seriously by yourself. Overall the graphics are nice, the gameplay is enjoyable, connection is fine. I don't know why people dislike it so much!
  17. Jun 6, 2012
    This game is everything I could have asked for and more. I have put an endless number of hours in both previous games in the series, and I must say D3 is the best of them. Metacritic really should purge all the poor scores from people complaining about online only. It was clearly posted on Blizzard's websites, and it was listed on each and every retail box.
  18. Jun 5, 2012
    This is a great game. Many nights without sleep. Graphics could be better, but I like it. I play as a mage - this awesome class. Already finished the game once and want more and more. Thank you Blizzard for the best game of this summer.
    And pls sorry for my english :)
  19. Jun 5, 2012
    Addictive as ever and the difficulty has been ramped up to astronomical levels by time you hit Inferno. There is still some tweaks that need to be made as is always the case with online games, but the core game is incredible. Feels good to be playing a Diablo game again.
  20. Jun 5, 2012
    El juego es muy bueno y ni hablar de los fisicos, es cierto que no tiene el mismo ambiente que Diablo II pero mejoraron mucho la historia, en verdad te hace sentir que estas salvando al mundo de la invasion de Azmodan, Baal y Diablo.
    Diablo III al igual que su predecesor cuenta con varios niveles de dificultad que son en la version en español: Normal, Pesadilla, Infierno y Averno, les puedo comentar que el juego es relativamente corto, unas 8 a 10 hrs de juego, pero en lo personal empece a difrutar el juego hasta que lo comence en nivel pesadilla y ni hablar de nivel infierno, el juego fue hecho para eso, en cada nivel se incrementa notablemente la dificultad y los drops de las bestias son cada ves mejores.
    Le doy un 9 y no un 10 debido al mal servicio de conexion de los servidores y estoy seguro que el 80% de las malas críticas es debido a que tienes 30 minutos o 1 hora explorando un mapa y casi al final del mismo te desconecta, perdiendo todo lo que habías avanzado.
    El sistema de venta de armas, armaduras, etc es muy bueno aunque todavía no esta al 100%, inclusive podras comprar y vender tus objetos con dinero real, un plus que pocos juegos te dan.
  21. Jun 5, 2012
    I simply love it! I remember playing diablo 2 alot, and I also tried many mods for it, and diablo 3 really brings the good memories of the game. Its the best diablo out there, and the best hack and slash type game ever.
  22. Jun 5, 2012
    Game was fantastic, multi-player and single-player alike. I enjoy doing co-op with my friends on the hard difficulties like Inferno and Hell. However the game does have some balance issues and is a bit slow to start up. Farming the higher difficulties doesn't feel like a chore like D2 did (especially if you are with friends). The classes are all really unique and the cut scenes lookGame was fantastic, multi-player and single-player alike. I enjoy doing co-op with my friends on the hard difficulties like Inferno and Hell. However the game does have some balance issues and is a bit slow to start up. Farming the higher difficulties doesn't feel like a chore like D2 did (especially if you are with friends). The classes are all really unique and the cut scenes look absolutely fantastic. Story wasn't anything fantastic however the game-play is absolutely amazing. Expand
  23. Jun 4, 2012
    Great update to a legendary franchise. All of the Diablo 2 hack and slash action in a more streamlined package. My only complaint is the addition of the DRM. It's a slap in the face to gamers everywhere. Pirates are always going to find a way to pirate games and all DRMs do is frustrate paying customers.
  24. Jun 4, 2012
    So, 74 "critics" give Diablo a B+ (essentially), and 5000 users give it an F. Kinda makes those critics look foolish, doesn't it? My question is, why'd it take Blizzard so many freakin' years to come out with D3? You definitely don't see the time, effort and money onscreen. In fact, the game is not noticeably better than Diablo (1). Major drawbacks from my standpoint: game is too short,So, 74 "critics" give Diablo a B+ (essentially), and 5000 users give it an F. Kinda makes those critics look foolish, doesn't it? My question is, why'd it take Blizzard so many freakin' years to come out with D3? You definitely don't see the time, effort and money onscreen. In fact, the game is not noticeably better than Diablo (1). Major drawbacks from my standpoint: game is too short, too easy on normal mode, some old favorites are gone (no secret rooms, etc.) and there's not enough diversity in environments. Gotta say, I'm disappointed after so much hype and such a long wait. Expand
  25. Jun 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely a game to remember. The new Diablo mechanism with 6 active skills to be distributed and 3 passive skills is pretty great. I believe it was based on Guild Wars. The single player game is a great entertainment in normal difficult. The Nightmare is when the game really starts. In Hell, it is basically when the game calls for a multiplayer experience, which is great, by the way. The only problem with this game that makes the score a 9, not a 10, is the story. It's not a bad story, it is a normal story that the good wins, differently from Diablo 2, which Baal wins on normal game and the worldstone is corrupted on the Lord of Destruction expansion. The fact that all goes bad and on the end everything is alright is the problem of the story. What happened is something really huge and amazing when it happens, but the simple way that the "hero" solves the problem makes that problem appears really weak, which it is not. In terms of story, Diablo 2 is tremendously better, but it does not makes Diablo 3 a game to be forgotten. The gameplay and online experience will be there to hold a lot of players. Expand
  26. Jun 3, 2012
    I didn't have any installation issues, and I didn't have a single crash after my first 20 hours of playing. It has been a long time that I spent so much time on a game, and I'm sure I will play many, many more hours. For me the game is definately worth the money. The current score of 4 is way to low for this game, but I can understand the frustration when you can't login becauseI didn't have any installation issues, and I didn't have a single crash after my first 20 hours of playing. It has been a long time that I spent so much time on a game, and I'm sure I will play many, many more hours. For me the game is definately worth the money. The current score of 4 is way to low for this game, but I can understand the frustration when you can't login because Blizzard is working on their servers while you are playing a single player. I have not played D1 and D2, but I have played Dungeon Siege 1/2 and Torchlight and this game is what I expected : loot, leveling, upgrading. The audio/music are atmospheric, and the movies superb. 9/10. Expand
  27. Jun 3, 2012
    Thank Jebus for Meta-critics' policy on only accepting professional reviews to count towards a games score. At the time I am writing this review the user score is an even 4.0, whereas the reviewer score is an 89%. Slight disconnect. Diablo 3 is a solid game with both highlights, and lowlights....wich is basically always the case. The highlights: great hack n' slash, endless loot, goodThank Jebus for Meta-critics' policy on only accepting professional reviews to count towards a games score. At the time I am writing this review the user score is an even 4.0, whereas the reviewer score is an 89%. Slight disconnect. Diablo 3 is a solid game with both highlights, and lowlights....wich is basically always the case. The highlights: great hack n' slash, endless loot, good graphics, high replay value, co-op (social), good sound track, better story than most games in the genre, pvp arenas (still coming, but optimistic), humorous dialogue at points, made by Blizzard so all around quality. Lowlights: have to be online to play, and currenntly there is some latency issues, non-sensible gear at points (bothers me at least), nothing new...only refined, some bugs. With that being said this is a solid game that will bring a lot of enjoyment and life waisting oppurtunity to those who like the genre, series, or Blizzard games in general. I highly recommend this game and would like to reasure those worried about any initial bugs, and latency issues that this game was made by Blizzard...they will be corrected. Also, for all those haters, Blizzard takes a decade to release games, and that is also responsible for the quality output. I feel they were doing all the Gaming community a favor by putting the game out when they did, instead of waiting another six months. We could still be waiting at which point you "0" scorers would still be complaining. Stop crying...pick up larping if your world is shattered. No game deserves a "0", maybe a "1" if it's Barbies' playhouse, but come on. Expand
  28. Jun 3, 2012
    This is a very amazing game, one of the best I have ever played.There are many problems with the servers, but I can look past that because every other aspect of the game is very good. I love many of the new features they have implemented into this franchise since Diablo II, my favorite being the Auction House. I really recommend this game to all Diablo fans and people who have never evenThis is a very amazing game, one of the best I have ever played.There are many problems with the servers, but I can look past that because every other aspect of the game is very good. I love many of the new features they have implemented into this franchise since Diablo II, my favorite being the Auction House. I really recommend this game to all Diablo fans and people who have never even heard of the series before. If you own a computer then you should own this game. Expand
  29. Jun 2, 2012
    Great game I had a lot of fun playing with my brother and freinds, Leveling is fun and kept me up at nights got my buddies into it with the game passes and then we all played through the campain (almost done), enjoyed playing swaping cool loot with friends and trying different skills with all of our different classes
  30. Jun 2, 2012
    I have a total of 162 hours in Diablo 3 as of writing this, along with many hours played in D1 and D2, and I can officially say I am addicted to D3.

So far I've been having a blast. I knew from being in the beta that I wanted to play a barbarian, as I thought it was the most fun and satisfying class. I smashed and wreaked havoc all the way to the highest difficulty, Inferno, which is where the game really began for me. Inferno is definitely not for those with little patience or lacking in gear. It is a huge jump from Hell difficulty and is quite challenging, but I'm loving it non-the-less.

As for my wizard, I've been playing with friends. Playing with others is a very different experience than playing solo. Unlike the previous games, everybody gets their own drops which is a huge improvement from "every man for himself." It's also nice to have friends that will share or trade drops they've gotten with you that they can't use. The difficulty and exp per person added also goes up, which makes playing with friends all that more rewarding.

As for the remaining 3 classes, they're very fun and unique in playstyle, but the Barb is for me! =]

So that's been my experience with gameplay and classes. Now for some random things:
    - The cutscenes at the beginning of new acts are jaw-dropping. Blizzard has always done such an amazing job with cinematics in their games and D3 is no different.
    - I actually enjoy the graphics. At first, I didn't really like the art style they chose to go with. It looked blurry, even on a high end computer. After getting passed the first boss and into new areas that weren't in the beta, I learned to appreciate the style they went with and started noticing all the tiny details they put into this game and often find myself saying, "Wow, that's beautiful." If you look closely, you'll even see the old scrolls for town portal and identifying. I highly recommend watching "The Art of Diablo" at the GDC Vault to get a better understanding.
    - There's a lot of nostalgia to be found in D3. At first, again, it didn't quite feel like a Diablo game to me but as I progressed further into the game I started to feel it. I won't spoil any, but they've added plenty references to both D1 and D2.
    - Blizzard listens to their customers and rolls out patches accordingly. In their upcoming patches, they're including fixes/changes that have been big concerns within the community, along with Quality of Life improvements and features that weren't there at launch. To see them act so quickly is reassuring that they'll be improving upon this game even more.
    - The communication between the Community Managers on the forums is so great to have. I got real used to the feeling that the relationship between the Developers and the community was on such a personal level when I played City of Heroes. To see the CM team constantly on the forums, answering questions, and updating us on incoming patches is refreshing.

Alright, I won't leave this review without addressing at least SOME drawbacks:
    - The auction house is very iffy. In a way, it almost feels like this game is more about grinding for gold to spend on good items than grinding for epic loot. I've been trying to avoid buying items off the auction house and instead go by my own drops, but sometimes Inferno can just be too difficult and after a long period of getting nothing good I look to the auction house. So, it has it's benefits, but I'm just not quite sure how to feel about it at this point.
    - Connectivity. It's important to know that this is an always-on multiplayer game with a single player option, not the other way around. With that said, servers do have to come down from time to time to patch in fixes or features or to maintain the servers. Besides the first few hours of launch, I have not had a SINGLE issue connecting to the servers (not including patches and maintenance.) I sometimes get high latency which results in awful lag. This could be on my end (I live with two other gamers) but it is a widely reported issue by others as well.
    - Hacking. Blizzard games have always been a huge target for hackers, simply because they're so popular and there's plenty of easy money to be made. Hacking is especially prominent during a new release of a game or expansion. With that said, I highly highly highly recommend buying an authenticator or using the free mobile phone app if you care about your stuff. As someone who got hacked in WoW 2 years ago, I can vouch for Blizzard having amazing customer service and got my items restored quickly. They've always been outstanding whenever I've needed help from them.

Honestly, I just don't have anything bad to say. I know the game isn't perfect, but I also understand they'll be working on this game for many years to come and I look forward to seeing all the improvements and features that they will add in the future.
  31. Jun 2, 2012
    Really quite a good game, but it suffers more-so due to its popularity.
    With such hype behind it, there was no possibility of Diablo 3 satisfying all who played it.
    Should it cater to 'casuals' who will likely play through once or twice and move on, or the 'hardcore' who will dedicate months to farming the endgame? It appears they tried to do both, resulting in a very simplistic and
    Really quite a good game, but it suffers more-so due to its popularity.
    It appears they tried to do both, resulting in a very simplistic and hand-holding beginning - being limited to exploring only the areas related to the quest you were on. - removal of any semi-permanent decision making.
    But then designed the later stages (hell / inferno) with such difficulty that only the most dedicated could progress, which sadly left little for the inbetweens - who couldn't handle the difficulty but desired to play more.
    The lack of a difficulty settings is felt rather heavily due to this.

The story is quite a bit more visible than in the previous games, however once you know the story it only serves to break the game-flow.
    The graphics are great, the abilities often feel satisfying with little screen shakes on big attacks and the music and voices are good.
    Besides the minor server bugs at release due to capacity, which have now disappeared as fewer are playing, and outside of a single in town DC (probably on my end) I've experienced no crashes or graphical bugs.
    A pity they didn't implemented a queue system to log in for the launch.

A quality game none the less, for some more than others.
  32. Jun 2, 2012
    Awsome game love it! Just finished normal difficulty, now heading to hell and after inferno.(Diablo III sold many copies and many people were attempting play on new servers. Problems are expected.) The game itself is fun, runs great, and is tremendously fun.
  33. Jun 2, 2012
    The game is really nice, the gameplay awesome.

It could sux for some because you have to log-in even if you want to play solo.
    The story is short (and immersive) but really nice, featuring awesome cut-scene.
  34. Jun 2, 2012
    Well, I have played Diablo 3 with multiple characters for multiple hours. This is my first real computer game since I played Diablo 2 and I love the improvements! First some upgrades, Money is made relevant in this game by making equipment the primary way to upgrade and improve your character. Which I like, and also has the potential to make the auction house something that is somewhatWell, I have played Diablo 3 with multiple characters for multiple hours. This is my first real computer game since I played Diablo 2 and I love the improvements! First some upgrades, Money is made relevant in this game by making equipment the primary way to upgrade and improve your character. Which I like, and also has the potential to make the auction house something that is somewhat unique when the RMAH comes out. Also I like how people are complaining about how hard inferno is! That means blizzard up the stakes and made D3 a little more challenging. Some things where blizzard could improve. - Chat system would be very nice. D2 didn't need one but collaboration in gaming has changed over the years. - maybe every two months they could upload some new events or change the events. I know there are a lot but I would enjoy some surprising new battles. Other than that I think this game is an excellent buy and has more replay value then any other game that came out this year. Expand
  35. Jun 1, 2012
    Almost all of hte negative reviews (mainly the ones from 0-3 score) are just idiots not being objective; they are long-time fanboys who bought into the absolutely biblical amounts of hype this game got, and because it didn't LITERALLY knock their socks off, they are writing these butthurt reviews.
    This game is actually very good, I haven't played either D1 or D2 and I did not follow any of the hype preceding its release, and I was not disappointed by the game. Ignore all the morons giving it a 0, 1 or 2 and judge it by the critic reviews.
  36. May 31, 2012
    After 12 years, years of beta testing and I cant play the game without several hours of error messages each day. This was not what I anticipated after this long wait.
  37. May 31, 2012
    Having grown up gaming with Diablo being one of my favorites this is an AMAZING next step with great mechanics, a great story that is great even if you didn't play the previous and overall a great game for casual and hardcore games alike. The two points that I was a bit disappointed with was I wish it felt more like a horror game like the previous games and there were some definite hiccupsHaving grown up gaming with Diablo being one of my favorites this is an AMAZING next step with great mechanics, a great story that is great even if you didn't play the previous and overall a great game for casual and hardcore games alike. The two points that I was a bit disappointed with was I wish it felt more like a horror game like the previous games and there were some definite hiccups at launch but that's to be expected with any major online game. Expand
  38. May 31, 2012
    Hi, i don´t know why people criticize diablo 3.
    It´s better than you can imagine, thanks blizzard thanks. All in this game is better than other similar games, action, story, graphics, all.
  39. May 31, 2012
    A lot of bad reviews from old D1 and D2 players who dont like change or ran into server issues. But heres the facts. Its fun. Bottom line it is a well crafted and addicting game solo or with friends. I never liked the first 2 because they were just clunky and painful. Now that things have been streamlined its much more enjoyable to get with some friends and pursue loot and power. TheA lot of bad reviews from old D1 and D2 players who dont like change or ran into server issues. But heres the facts. Its fun. Bottom line it is a well crafted and addicting game solo or with friends. I never liked the first 2 because they were just clunky and painful. Now that things have been streamlined its much more enjoyable to get with some friends and pursue loot and power. The graphics wont blow you away but they get the job done and allow great visual design for a top down view game. There is so much going on you need all the bright and dark difference in color to follow the action and act fast and accordingly. Music in a headset is just right and dosnt try to rock you out and become annoying. Play control may take a bit of getting used to for some but is second nature once you just except it and practice. It takes the kind of player who really enjoys the lure of power and progression with a true sense that you earn it as it becomes harder and harder to grab that great gear. If your just a casual gamer looking for a story or some kind of game that changes gaming forever than you may not find the appeal of D3, but for all of you who are min maxers and loot whores who love that challenge and satisfaction of becoming the most powerful player you can be, than this game will drive you forward with the promise of power better than any game that has come before. Expand
  40. May 31, 2012
    First of all, most reviews on this site are "7 hours in" or less. So listen to a voice of reason. I've played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. They were great games... 12 years ago. While I'm not a HUGE fan of server side DRM, with the amount of software piracy going on in the world today it's quickly becoming the only way to be sure the pirates can't get at you. For the actual game, It's new.First of all, most reviews on this site are "7 hours in" or less. So listen to a voice of reason. I've played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. They were great games... 12 years ago. While I'm not a HUGE fan of server side DRM, with the amount of software piracy going on in the world today it's quickly becoming the only way to be sure the pirates can't get at you. For the actual game, It's new. Period. That means what class? Bugs, hiccups and the standard, just released the game non-sense that happens in EVERY GAME. Yet still we see the armies of twelve year old kids flocking to the review sites to **** They're working out the kinks and as of the time I write this they have most of them ironed out, the game is only sixteen days old, what can you expect? Now for my review!

Graphics: I've heard A LOT of kids whining that it looks too cartoony, that it looks just like wow that it's too this or too that. The game looks fine, graphics are good considering the type of game, it's hard to get Skyrim graphics into an angled down RPG hack and slash. But when you're going into the maw of the abyss there's plenty of bodies, blood and torture devices to give you that "Yeah I'm about to meet something angry, aren't I?" feel. 9/10

Gameplay: Every D2 fan has been on the forums at the site ****ing because it's "Nothing like diablo 2" well it's a sequel kids, it's not supposed to feel like an expansion pack. It's a new game all together. You only have six buttons to memorize and manipulate to your liking but while that sounds like a bad thing, it actually makes it easier to focus in on the important things like smashing hundreds of baddies in a couple amazing moves. It's addicting and you'll find yourself hard pressed to not keep playing if you give it half a chance instead of comparing it to something it isn't. 10/10(Yes D2 Fanbois I hear you crying, shut up, it's a good game.)

Storyline: Painfully linear. Here's the problem, the guy who wrote the story for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Or at least had a hefty hand in it, (The guy who made Thrall an uber god like shaman and basically all the dragon aspects in one.) had a hand in writing this so there are moments of, "Seriously..? Wtf..." from time to time. There's only one really good plot twist and as a writer I felt it could've been better. However the Lore attached to the game, collectibles found in game that give you back story and detailed info on monsters and characters from the game, is amazing. Very detailed including journals of people who players of the first two games would recognize. 5/10(Could've been better... but it could've been A LOT worse considering.)

Overall: While the game has it's faults, DRM specifically and bad writing in places, what it lacks in polished glory it makes up for in sheer fun and overall challenge. Keep in mind that if you are a Diablo 2 fan that Diablo 2 has had 12 years to polish itself, iron out all the kinks, apply patches to provide balance and stability to gameplay as well as just patches to make the game better and more fun. When it first hit the shelves it was a damned menace and hell on your system as well as your mind trying to figure out why the heck it was doing what it was doing. D3 has only been out for a little over two weeks, not twelve years. So they're ironing out the kinks still but for the most part it's still a lot of fun. If you're not a D2 fan but instead an RPG fan of say... WoW tastes or Skyrim or perhaps even Final Fantasy... this game will feel extremely simple to you. But give it a chance and much like Bejeweled you'll find yourself hours later going "Damn I need to eat and go to work or I'll be late!" Bottom Line, it is a good game, it's a ton of fun to play with or without friends and if you're one of those who's looking for a challenge in your games. Hardcore Inferno will have you entertained for quite awhile. (For those who don't know the terms, Hardest difficulty on a mode where if you die, you have to start all over on the first difficulty again. Sounds rough? Yeah... it is.) Honestly the only bad thing about this game currently is that it's story isn't as epic or grand as say... Final Fantasy or Skyrim. But if you're looking for a simple, fun game to waste nine hours of your life smashing hordes of baddies for gems, gear and gold, this is the game for you! 9/10
  41. May 30, 2012
    I have never been compelled to rate a game before, but this one just drove me over the edge. Biggest disappointment I ever had in a game which I was genuinely excited for. Glitches, fundamental design flaws, lack of social function and endless downtime make this 60$ mess barely worth 30$. First play through was great, but then I began to notice that any and all loot past normal and untilI have never been compelled to rate a game before, but this one just drove me over the edge. Biggest disappointment I ever had in a game which I was genuinely excited for. Glitches, fundamental design flaws, lack of social function and endless downtime make this 60$ mess barely worth 30$. First play through was great, but then I began to notice that any and all loot past normal and until infernal is an unrewarding pile of utter **** Be ready to see nothing but crappy blue items from Nightmare to the end of Hell, even from defeating Diablo for the first time. In Infernal, I found a few legendaries...I was excited...then I looked at the auction house and realized that every single one is a worthless piece of crap due to the ridiculous item system where blue items are better than much legendaries. There's not a single legendary item on the top of the item list. I also made a mistake of rolling a barbarian. Lets just say some classes are favored MUCH more than others. But then again, its not like the auction works. It doesn't. Its been constantly down, glitchy, and commodities trade has been disabled for about a week now. As a melee, you can't get past Act 2 Infernal without having Act 4 gear. Act 4 gear is priced in millions of gold. At 115 hours in, my joy from playing this game has been smashed into the ground and ****ted on. Expand
  42. May 30, 2012
    Amazing game... aside from tech issues that should hopefully be resolved soon, don't let the low user review scores steer you away if you are a Blizzard fan... however, don't expect WoW or SC2... I thought it was only decent until I really started experimenting with the classes and leveling more and more...
    it is super addictive, and beautiful if u can customize the graphics to suit ur machine.
  43. May 30, 2012
    This is easily one of the most fun games I've played in years. A lot of people will complain about the DRM, get over it. This is the future of gaming, as long as people pirate, software companies implement harsher DRM. NOTHING. YOU. CAN. DO. ABOUT. IT. If you don't like it stop playing, but know you will be giving up one of the best games of the year. This game is not meant for singleThis is easily one of the most fun games I've played in years. A lot of people will complain about the DRM, get over it. This is the future of gaming, as long as people pirate, software companies implement harsher DRM. NOTHING. YOU. CAN. DO. ABOUT. IT. If you don't like it stop playing, but know you will be giving up one of the best games of the year. This game is not meant for single player, a lot of reviews say normal is too easy, normal is mostly a tutorial where you get your skills, play inferno and tell me it's too easy. The graphics are perfect I'd say. Blizzard is known for making games that run on all sorts of rigs, they don't require you to buy a new computer to play their new games and I do appreciate that. This is just as addictive as I remember D2 being. THIS IS NOT D2. The "lack of customization" is more of a "fixed a glaring problem in D2" where when a patch came out, your character was worthless. This is a hack and slash more than a RPG in the sense of story. If you want a story read the lore, loot the journals, Blizzard has excellent writers but an in depth story in your face does not work in a fast paced action game. I know I will spend countless hours on this game, as will most people who are crying on here about how hard or easy or bad or overpriced the game is. This is a multiplayer game and the sooner people realize that the more they will enjoy it. Tanks are key.

TL;DR: Deal with the DRM this game is an excellent way to kill countless hours.
  44. May 30, 2012
    For new gamers 10 knowlegde about diablo 3

1. Death inducing blunt trauma to the head causes my boots to fall apart, whereas sprinting in them does not. 2. Animals like birds and rats will flee when you approach, but a badly beaten bull creature will not try to follow basic instinct and try to self preserve when near death. 3. Everything i find can be painted, but when i find something
    For new gamers 10 knowlegde about diablo 3

3. Everything i find can be painted, but when i find something truly unique, it becomes immune to paint.

4. Putting gems on my head makes me live a longer life.

5. I can fold time and space and carry millions of fluid containing flasks in my pack, but i can only carry a very limited amount of mushrooms or bones.

6. Pieces of paper cannot be stacked on top of eachother unless the contents written on it is the exact same, to the letter.

7. A jewelcrafter or blacksmith has no long term memory, and requires the same information every time i ask him to make me a specific type of gem or armor piece.

8. When i walk through the streets, people will recognise and talk to me, however, they will never get mad or upset if i completely ignore their call outs.

9. When an old man with no weapons whatsoever is attacked by skeletons, the skeletons go after the most armored person with the biggest weapons in the room, because they're out to kill the old man.

10. Highly intelligent creatures and beings with immense power cannot follow me through a door.

Thats what
  45. May 29, 2012
    it was well worth the wait. Blizzard went all out this time. Though it plays like World of Warcraft is some aspects. I was one of few people in my area to pre-order this, and though I was disappointed in the fact that D3 servers kept going down every hour or so, I love this game.
  46. May 29, 2012
    Pretty fun game. I've had some problems with the AH, but they fixed it (for now...). If anyone gets bored with the game, make a hardcore character, it's MUCH funner.
  47. May 29, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great game ! Do not believe all the armchair critics on this site. They are mainly full of it and should have there log in details for this site revoked. Good work Blizzard. All you Zero voters dont deserve to be called gamers. Why would any company want to make a game for the likes of you.
  48. May 29, 2012
    For years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayerFor years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayer so friends can jump in and out of your games I don't know if there was an option to turn this off. Not that this bothers me I played every DIablo via Battle.net so it was pretty much the same, never took advantage of single player. Firstly the story feels a lot more exciting then the previous two Diablo titles, confusing at first but the cutscenes were nice. Gameplay is still fun killing enemies for treasures something the Diablo series has perfected. Auction house is a welcome addition as well, long has the diablo series needed a solid form of currency system over trading. Can't say too much about the graphics because of the style of the game, sounds & voice acting however are good. I have no complaints about this game, it's perfect and just as addicting as the other Diablo games. There aren't enough points for me to give D3. Expand
  49. May 29, 2012
    This is definitely a nice game! I also do not like the maintenance like other people might say but if you try the game, it will be really worth waiting for. And also take note that patience is a virtue so either you wait for the maintenance to finish or don't play it at all. No offense.
  50. May 29, 2012
    This is the game that sucks in your time like a vacuum cleaner. Being online definitely has hiccups (for instance I've lost yellow loot after boss fight being unable to pick it up after a fight because of lags). But otherwise it is just an epic awesomeness all over board. Online gives you opportunity to run levels together with other players with virtually one click and it actually makesThis is the game that sucks in your time like a vacuum cleaner. Being online definitely has hiccups (for instance I've lost yellow loot after boss fight being unable to pick it up after a fight because of lags). But otherwise it is just an epic awesomeness all over board. Online gives you opportunity to run levels together with other players with virtually one click and it actually makes game much much more fun and complex as well as gives you the thrill of team work. 80% of my first (Normal) play I've been playing along with someone and have never regretted about it. It is so much fun, and it is actually much better then I've expected, especially as I am not huge fan of Diablo 2, which seemed to long and grinding for me. Also what is essentially cool is that in Diablo 2 you had to invest more time on higher levels and loot here curve is linear. Getting from level 30 to 31 takes the +/- same amount of time as for 10 to 11. With levels loot is getting better and better, upgrades and runes open up new possibilities and you do not have that feeling of grinding but an orgasm of constant improvement of your character in all aspects which is a drug and you want more and more of it. Yesterday thought would play it for an hour or so and then go to bed, found myself in 4 in the morning finishing 9 hour run. Amazing game (10/10) minus 1 for Internet DRM stuff, but really it is more of an advantage than disadvantage. And most importantly game does not punish you at all but on the opposite rewards you for experimentation and exploration. Expand
  51. May 28, 2012
    Worth the wait. The gameplay is solid, responsive, and fun. The story is brilliant, with plenty of twists along the way. And the cooperative gameplay adds a brand new and awesome dimension to this already-tasteful game. This one's worth buying.
  52. May 28, 2012
    Best game since Diablo 2 in the genre. Beats all the boring clones with one hand, provides breathtaking atmosphere, mindblowing physics engine and brilliant visual style (yes, i know graphics outdated). Have spent 156 hours playing it and every minute was worth it. Haters gonna hate.
  53. May 28, 2012
    Sorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clearSorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clear and simple and everything made sense, plus the world is full of books of lore. As far as people claiming there is no single player, I have no idea what you're talking about. "Always-online" does not mean "no single player." I soloed the vast majority of the game through Normal difficulty. Also, the connection error problem is already completely irrelevant. The sound is excellent. The music is excellent. The gameplay is clean, simple, and fun. There is plenty of diversity in skills with the rune system. I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fun, well-polished game that, despite launch day issues, met my every expectation. Don't let dumb whiny kids fool you. If you want this game, get it. Expand
  54. May 28, 2012
    Games like Diablo are problematic. You have the previous title that broke all the rules, gave hundreds of hours of fun, and included many, many features that the gamers really loved. And then, after many years of wating, comes the new brother. You are excited! Overwhelmed! You expect NOTHING less than perfection! And BAM! You realize that this is "not" diablo, because it doesn't have allGames like Diablo are problematic. You have the previous title that broke all the rules, gave hundreds of hours of fun, and included many, many features that the gamers really loved. And then, after many years of wating, comes the new brother. You are excited! Overwhelmed! You expect NOTHING less than perfection! And BAM! You realize that this is "not" diablo, because it doesn't have all those "perfections" you want. This is, ladies and gentelman, the opinion of 95% of the bad reviews of this game. People will ALLWAYS look at the bad side of things, in almost every new anticipated game. I've played the first and second titles of this game, and still has them and even play them from time to time. Diablo 3 compared to the previous titles is pretty equal to me. Why? Because the CORE soul of what makes diablo game a diablo game is still kicking and living! Yes, it has his downsides like DRM and temporary server issues and some bugs for dessert, but it is still diablo and it is still addictive like hell! I've played over 70 hours and got to inferno difficulty. You start from Normal difficulty, getting used to game mechanics: piece of cake. As you progress throught the difficulties and story, and gets harder and more rewarding, up until inferno which you can get killed from 2 hits. The story, character development, cinematics, and skills are amazing! i would advise to listen to every dialog and commentary that there is in the game. And at the button line: I was mad at the servers. I was mad of the DRM system. But even with all this, i saw what diablo 3 has to offer. and i smiled. And you, If you love H&S games/Rpg games/ or you a fan of diablo series, GO BUY IY. you will NOT be sorry. Expand
  55. May 28, 2012
    Maybe not as good as Diablo II & LoD but an excellent game anyway and i'm a hardcore fan !
    But i understand some critics by the players, game is easy in normal mode but there is some challenge in Nightmare mode. Drops are good (even if i never found a legendary drop). The game is done FOR the multiplayer.
  56. May 27, 2012
    Low user score? Seriously?! halve of the people rating red never played d1 or d2. and except to be single player... if i remember right d2 and d1 where always multiplayer... single player was a lost cause! you gotta have a history with Diablo in order to appreciate it. Diablo was my very first game that started my passion for gaming!. i haven't had eny problems with Diablo 3, graphics rLow user score? Seriously?! halve of the people rating red never played d1 or d2. and except to be single player... if i remember right d2 and d1 where always multiplayer... single player was a lost cause! you gotta have a history with Diablo in order to appreciate it. Diablo was my very first game that started my passion for gaming!. i haven't had eny problems with Diablo 3, graphics r updated and beautiful and has more potential to grow more. people low rating this game because of all the wrong reasons. "Chickity-check yo selfs before you wreck yo selfs" Expand
  57. May 27, 2012
    For this game, it has around 7-8/10. Overall the game is nice.
    Bad on this game
    1) The story is too short :( (THE MAIN REASON!!) 2) the hackin problem 3) the auction always unavailable (I think 2) 3) will be solved in 2months, I hope...) But I reli hate the ppl (mainly d1, d2 fanboy) who just want d3 exactly same as d2, and give 0/10 with stupid reasons. what a non-sence! So I
    For this game, it has around 7-8/10. Overall the game is nice.
    Bad on this game
    1) The story is too short :( (THE MAIN REASON!!)
    2) the hackin problem
    3) the auction always unavailable
    (I think 2) 3) will be solved in 2months, I hope...)

But I reli hate the ppl (mainly d1, d2 fanboy) who just want d3 exactly same as d2, and give 0/10 with stupid reasons. what a non-sence! So I give this 10/10, to make the score more close to the real situation.

btw, It is a good idea that "bliz can release a expanion pack that can let ppl play d1, d2 charater+story+map, but with d3 graphic"
  58. May 27, 2012
    Es increible, el mejor juego de Blizzard hasta la fecha. Mucha gente se ha quejado de errores que a día de hoy ya se han resuelto (no hay lag, no hay perdidas de objetos ni oro, se conecta a los servidores sin problemas, etc...) o por lo menos yo no los he tenido en ningún momento. Es entretenido, adictivo e impresionante técnicamente. No te lo pierdas.
  59. May 27, 2012
    before you reading an user review, see when it was posted. the most bad reviews are made on 15 may, when the game came out and "nobody" could play it because the servers capacity was not enough.

now my oppinion about d3: it makes fun to play, to get better items, to play with other people. the story is good for a hack n slay game. the new classes are interesting. the difficulty hell and beyond forces you to have good equipment and techniques.

but iam not sure about the online single player without an offline mode. not good in my eyes.
  60. May 27, 2012
    Well, like in the game everything is fine. But there is something wrong. It must be complete. I'm sure Blizzard will necessarily be engaged in the business.
    It's a shame that many people are insulted just because of the inaccessibility of the game servers, and other things. Also a shame that people who do not even played it, spit in the direction of the game. This is not good. But the game on a solid 9, and a little bit more up to 10.
  61. May 27, 2012
    Played both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to maturePlayed both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to mature and is looking really good. I'm on my Hell playthrough now and really it is starting to get interesting. No good game that I remember had a great start, give it some time it will iron itself out. Time will tell the story of Diablo 3, and in hindsight is the only way to rate it. 10/10 Expand
  62. May 27, 2012
    All you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit anyAll you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit any situation, though you will find that you will stick to a general build most of the time. It would be nice to have definable presets that you could switch between. I laugh at the haters on here whining about it getting boring after 50 hours... 50 HOURS!! that's already way more than you can expect to get out of the current line up of non-MMORPG blockbuster titles. Like any game, it isn't perfect but what it offers is worth every cent. Why break the mold if you're already onto a winner? Expand
  63. May 27, 2012
    I have had a truly enjoyable time with this game. The endgame balance was somewhat disappointing at release; nevertheless, the exploitative class builds have been hotfixed.
  64. May 26, 2012
    First off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out IFirst off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out I decided to try out the trial version by purchasing a guest pass on Ebay. After trying it out I decided to buy it immediately. They have outdone themselves with attention to detail, an endless array of monsters, animations, artwork, and an overall superior product to anything that has come out in many years. Not sure what all the complaints are about.. the game retains the intense atmosphere, writing and superb voice acting of its predecessors and creates a visually stunning experience which is also superb in the performance department. My computer is somewhat last generation and it runs on max settings at a steady 60 fps and only slows down when you are surrounded by an obscene amount of enemies on screen.. all with an amazing array of effects. Its truly a masterpiece. Expand
  65. May 26, 2012
    Diablo III is a great game. It's a destroy and loot game, and it does both extremely well. It looks, sounds and plays fantastic. The art, sound and level design are top notch, it is highly polished and is more than I expected (mainly because I didn't waste time following the development over the last 5 years.) As far as technical issues people are having, the recommended systemDiablo III is a great game. It's a destroy and loot game, and it does both extremely well. It looks, sounds and plays fantastic. The art, sound and level design are top notch, it is highly polished and is more than I expected (mainly because I didn't waste time following the development over the last 5 years.) As far as technical issues people are having, the recommended system requirements are for a now 5 year old computer, and a high speed internet connection. World of Warcraft has required an internet connection since 2004, and if your computer isn't good enough to play it, that's not really Blizzard's fault. I do a LOT of sympathy for people who simply can't get good enough internet service to play, but again, not Blizzard's fault, and if you were just looking to get a pirated copy, well, this game is actually worth the money, where so many others are not. Positive review (9 out of 10), have fun, and good luck! Expand
  66. May 26, 2012
    I really do not understand all the bad ratings about this game. I've started playing to days ago and I've got a lvl 15 demonhunter, lvl 10 monch and a lvl 5 barbarian. So far it has been a total blast, the game is fun and the battles are awesome. Even on normal difficulty I had some situations where I had to act carefully to stay alive. Altough the classes are totally different. Playing aI really do not understand all the bad ratings about this game. I've started playing to days ago and I've got a lvl 15 demonhunter, lvl 10 monch and a lvl 5 barbarian. So far it has been a total blast, the game is fun and the battles are awesome. Even on normal difficulty I had some situations where I had to act carefully to stay alive. Altough the classes are totally different. Playing a monch is not comparable with playing a demonhunter and the dungeons are randomly generated which means that you will never think :"Uh, I've seen this one before, boring".

The game has an amazing repayablity, I will definatly be hooked for month as I've not tested out the warlock and sorcerer yet. Every class has its own cutscenes... so you basically get different stories per class. I give it a 10 because it is my first hack and slay game and I like it very much.
  67. May 26, 2012
    Game feels like a bad beta attempt, too short and easy, was hoping for more acts and boss encounters. Characters all look the same, no customization. Bosses drop very bad loot, and prices on the AH are riddiculous, u cant buy end game stuff without enslaving urself to hours of farming for horrible loot.
    Normal, nightmare and hell difficulty is too easy and then inferno mode is not hard but teddious and slow, you need to have ubber gear that never drops but can only buy for sick ammounts of gold and real money in the future. Diablo game died a long time ago for me, Blizzard designers are not the same they just want to suck all ur money for nothing in exchange.
  68. May 26, 2012
    I am rating this game 10 despite of its significant short-comings because it is honestly the most fun I've had playing a game since... ever. (Actually single player gets 8.5, multiplier gets 11.5)

1. Gameplay: Way better than Diablo II. Streamlined stats + skill system = WIN! You actually get to try out every combinations of skills without dumping time in re-rolling characters! You get variety! Diablo II require you to search web forum for optimal cookie cutter builds; Diablo III require you to play every skills to try them out because you can't resist.

2. Graphic: Looks great. Not sure why people are complaining. Initially I wanted the WoW style over-shoulder view... I stopped complaining after about 3 hours because I there's just too many mobs for that kind of view to work. As a bonus point, this game run smooth on my 2011 MBP with intel3000hd! 3. Story: Yes it's a very low-IQ story... but the whole point is the action so I don't mind. 4. Multiplay: AMAZING. Do this. After your first single run to hear the story, don't ever play single! PS. Buy it now. Worth the $60.
  69. May 26, 2012
    Love this game. Loved the first 2 as well. This is a great evolution of the series. If you haven't made it late into the harder difficulties, you aren't really getting out of this game what was intended.
  70. May 25, 2012
    Ignore the trollers fun action packed game easy to pick up for beginners and still loads of challenges bit for the season vet. poor connections problems on day one but i have had none since and im from new zealand one of the worst internet in the world
  71. May 25, 2012
    The game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, butThe game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, but now that it's set, there is no other game I'm more stoked on. Expand
  72. May 25, 2012
    How many of you want me to review this: "Complain"..."Complain"...."I am ENTITLED"..."Complain"...."a decade"...."Complain"...."Unrealistically low score"...."Blizzard lazy and fat...."Complain". *////* How I AM going to review it: Play the game for yourself to see if it's any good. Don't even take my word for it. At least give yourself the chance to pick a side. Just askHow many of you want me to review this: "Complain"..."Complain"...."I am ENTITLED"..."Complain"...."a decade"...."Complain"...."Unrealistically low score"...."Blizzard lazy and fat...."Complain". *////* How I AM going to review it: Play the game for yourself to see if it's any good. Don't even take my word for it. At least give yourself the chance to pick a side. Just ask yourself this, who isn't exaggerating when they review this? The haters? Or the supporters? There is no way, even with all the complaints some of these people have that it's a 0, 1, or a 2. That's just simply unrealistic. I scored it out to an 8.4 But I'm gonna give it a 9, just so I can get more dislikes on this post. Haters gonna hate. Expand
  73. May 25, 2012
    This was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs orThis was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs or the login issues the first day, this is expected new games always have wrinkles to iron out, but overall this is a game well deserving of a 10! Expand
  74. May 25, 2012
    The game is great, the gameplay is very tight and smooth. Right now their servers are in a slightly volatile state at the moment which is to be expected of any game launch with a large population. The balancing isn't perfect which is to be expected within the first week of the launch. But I have high hopes for where the this game is going. People forget that Diablo 2 took years to getThe game is great, the gameplay is very tight and smooth. Right now their servers are in a slightly volatile state at the moment which is to be expected of any game launch with a large population. The balancing isn't perfect which is to be expected within the first week of the launch. But I have high hopes for where the this game is going. People forget that Diablo 2 took years to get to the state where people loved it. It wasn't until Lord of Destruction came out after they got a lot of feedback on Diablo 2 and the game just got more interesting and then when the synergy patch came out (1.10 I think?) it was like a brand new game. So I'm looking at this game as a long term investment with excellent short term benefits. It's a great game but the end game right now is hard for me to get into just because classes are being changed constantly for balancing and it's really hard to do anything in Inferno, the difficulty jump even from act to act is brutal. But honestly I haven't been so happy with a game in a long time. My first play through on Normal was phenominal for the story. As per usual the cinematics of the game blow anything else of this generation out of the water, and death animations of both regular monsters and bosses are astounding. Expand
  75. May 25, 2012
    Since I am a Blizzard fan boy anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, however, I am appalled that so many users gave this game such a low score simply because they had server issues. Yes, the game was not playable for many of you at launch, but that does not mean it is not a good game. In fact it IS! Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to D2. The gameplay is asSince I am a Blizzard fan boy anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, however, I am appalled that so many users gave this game such a low score simply because they had server issues. Yes, the game was not playable for many of you at launch, but that does not mean it is not a good game. In fact it IS! Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to D2. The gameplay is as addictive as ever and the loot system keeps you coming back for more. Apart from its story, which honestly could have been much more engaging, this game is amazing! Donâ Expand
  76. May 25, 2012
    There have been a lot of bad things said about Diablo 3. All those people are wrong. I started playing a week after release and I didn't get one server related issue. Every other issue seems to be based on the fact that some things have changed since Diablo 2. As it is, the game is great - but not perfect. I had a great time playing it and if you go in with an open mind, then I'm sureThere have been a lot of bad things said about Diablo 3. All those people are wrong. I started playing a week after release and I didn't get one server related issue. Every other issue seems to be based on the fact that some things have changed since Diablo 2. As it is, the game is great - but not perfect. I had a great time playing it and if you go in with an open mind, then I'm sure you'll have a great time too. Expand
  77. May 25, 2012
    Great game, hack and slash at its finest. Lots of skill combinations. Few server issues day 1 but its understandable with 4 million people trying to log in at the same time. Ever since day 1 however connecting has not been an issue. Difficulty ramps up over time properly, and gives good challenge. My account has not been hacked, with an authenticator, proper password management, and properGreat game, hack and slash at its finest. Lots of skill combinations. Few server issues day 1 but its understandable with 4 million people trying to log in at the same time. Ever since day 1 however connecting has not been an issue. Difficulty ramps up over time properly, and gives good challenge. My account has not been hacked, with an authenticator, proper password management, and proper computer usage you shouldn't have a problem. This review is pretty much to balance the trolls. I hope everyone everyone is enjoying their miserable existence. I myself am going to go back to enjoying the game! Expand
  78. May 25, 2012
    While I find the items in this game a bit off I like quite a few of the changes they made. Blue items should NOT be better than rare and legendary but I like the new skill runes. Unlike D2 where you would level to 99 and not unlock new skills along the way getting to level 60 and learning a new rune along the way was a welcome change. Most of the people complaining enjoyed rushingWhile I find the items in this game a bit off I like quite a few of the changes they made. Blue items should NOT be better than rare and legendary but I like the new skill runes. Unlike D2 where you would level to 99 and not unlock new skills along the way getting to level 60 and learning a new rune along the way was a welcome change. Most of the people complaining enjoyed rushing characters to level 99 and PvPing like that was any fun..... Expand
  79. May 25, 2012
    I have logged around 65 hours into Diablo III, and while my binging has slowed down, I have yet to lose any enjoyment with this game. The reason I have been slowing down, actually, is because Hell has been giving me a bit of trouble, and I'm giving myself time to work carefully through it.

To start with, many of the systems have improved Diablo 2's archaic design, streamlining the experience and allowing for maximum fun with minimal hoops to jump through. Leveling from 1-60 is done much the same way as 1-99 in D2, by progressing from Act I to Act IV, and then starting Nightmare, and then Hell difficulties to finish reaching the max level. The difference is that Diablo 2 took a massive time investment and a tedious grind to actually achieve the level cap, whereas Diablo 3 allows you to reach 60 after playing through the three difficulties.

This speedier leveling system is mostly because of Inferno, a difficulty tacked onto the end of the game, designed to contain the best loot and the most challenging content. I, myself, have not reached Inferno mode, as I am only halfway through Hell, but I can say that I have heard terrifying things about how intense this new difficulty is. The visuals are crisp and smooth, and my computer can run it on its highest graphical settings without an issue. Skills are a joy to look at, a personal favorite of mine being "Electrocute", which is a wizard spell that is essentially Chain Lightning. The bosses all have interesting designs, most notably the final encounter of Act II, which brings a surprising amount of scale into the battle not seen in previous Diablo games. As always, the end of act cinematics are an absolute treat to behold, and even if you choose not to play the game, you should look them up somewhere to experience the incredible detail. Sound is satisfying, explosions, shattering stone and wood, and the screams of your conquered foes all filling your ears as satisfyingly as can be. The music is subtle at times, but fits the atmosphere as well as can be expected. The voice acting is especially satisfying, and I cannot find a character that speaks any differently than I would expect. The vocal shouts from Diablo 2 have returned, giving access to a quick method of thanking your allies, or calling for retreat, all given at least 2 variations to avoid endless spam of one phrase. Gameplay is, of course, the most important aspect of the game, and it is excellent. Each class plays very differently from one another, in my experience so far, and each have their pros and cons. The ranged classes are much "safer" in their damage dealing, but melee classes take 30% less damage by default to compensate for their playstyle putting them into the thick of things. The progression of skills and gear from 1-60 is wholly satisfying, as you will always be able to find an upgrade with each new level, whether through a drop in your own game, or through a fellow player that has posted an auction for an item you can't live without. The runes, similarly, unlock as levels grow. The game is designed in such a way that you will obtain a new skill, rune, or passive ability at least once with each level gained, so hitting that next benchmark is always a reward. The joy of random loot is a bit of a double-edged sword. Rare items can be either incredible or subpar, whereas the lesser version (Magic, with blue text) can often outdo the higher tier. While this may be frustrating to some, the concept makes it all the more satisfying when your rare item is rolled with your preferred stats in a high value, keeping the loot hunt constantly alive and invigorating. Thanks to the Auction House, even the items that roll stats you do not like can be turned into gold, and thus traded up to gear you would actually like.

There are many, many good things about Diablo 3. The gameplay is quick and rewarding, cutting down masses of demons and zombies as an unstoppable hero never gets old, and while the invincible feeling begins to wear off in Hell and Inferno, it is replaced with the satisfying feel of overcoming a challenging opponent that has a good chance of dropping some fairly stunning loot. I realize that many people are judging the game based on lag, and the always-online DRM, but it is not core to the gameplay, and while some people will see the lag and network issue as a dealbreaker, it can only improve with time, and in a few weeks I imagine that all of the issues can be resolved. I will not give the game a lasting score based on temporary problems, and many of the negative reviews on this site are being posted out of spite.

By no stretch of the imagination does Diablo III deserve a 0, or even a 5, based entirely on its own merits. As it stands, I am giving it a perfect 10, as I have already been given 65 hours of enjoyment, with many more hours to come.
  80. May 25, 2012
    La digne suite de Diablo II, il ne mérite pas moins.
    La nécessité d'avoir une connection internet fait parti de l'évolution naturelle et logique des choses, c'est son plus gros point positif (sauf la première semaine de sorti, comme tout jeu en ligne).
  81. May 24, 2012
    This game is awesome, i played a monk until lvl 43 then started a barbarian and got addicted to the game once again, and im for shure gonna lvl my barb to 60 and pass inferno with him.This game would be a masterpiece if not for the online, but its still a really really good game.
  82. May 24, 2012
    This is one of those times I really think people should be paying more attention to critic reviews than to player reviews. Too many people seem to be too emotionally invested in the series and wanted Diablo 2 HD. And because that's not what they got they've started a smear campaign against Blizzard and Diablo 3. Most every decision made by the developers for the game has been a positiveThis is one of those times I really think people should be paying more attention to critic reviews than to player reviews. Too many people seem to be too emotionally invested in the series and wanted Diablo 2 HD. And because that's not what they got they've started a smear campaign against Blizzard and Diablo 3. Most every decision made by the developers for the game has been a positive one from a game design standpoint. It has made the game more accessible to more people, increased flexibility and customization, improved the community, and overall improved the entire game over its predecessors. I would challenge anyone to find someone new to the series, sit them down, and have the new player compare Diablo 2 to Diablo 3 where the person would not chose Diablo 3 over 2.

Common complaints: The story isn't great. - This is true, the overall storyline isn't bad, but the writing certainly isn't top-notch. I'll admit this is one area Diablo 2 beats Diablo 3. Graphics aren't gritty enough - I don't see this one. There's plenty of bloody bodies all over the place. Piles of corpses, torture equipment and gore aplenty, in some areas more than others. But it's always fitting the setting. And this is true in D2 as well. If you really compare screenshots from both games side by side, you'll find less difference here than many seem to claim. Yes, the art direction did change, and Blizzard Irvine has more of a Warcraft/WoW mentality than Blizzard North had. But even with the change in art direction it's still reasonably true to its predecessor. Others claim it's cartoony, certainly a matter of opinion and up for debate, but I don't find D3 significantly more cartoony than Diablo 2 was.

Always on connection - Considering how full of hacks and dupes Diablo 2 became from it's offline nature. I'm really glad for this. An internet connection is pretty much ubiquitous anywhere you go anymore. Any hotel worth staying at has internet. Any of my friends or family's places have internet. The coffee shop down the street has internet. My supermarket has internet. There's really very few places I could go to get away from it. And certainly anywhere I'd want to play D3, I'd have an internet connection available. This is simply no longer an issue for the vast majority of people in a developed nation. It also comes with the perks of always being able to see your friends' games and being able to hop in and join them. Or chat with friends playing WoW or SC2. I'm not really sure if I'd call it DRM, but as far as DRM goes, this is pretty innocuous. There are many far worse examples of DRM out there to be found.

Skill/Attribute distribution is gone. - Awesome, now people can't screw up their characters because they didn't go to some website to read about strategies that are valid in Hell difficulty. Fact was, even with the skill/stat distribution, by the time you reached the end game, nearly every viable build had the same stat allocation, and most classes only had a couple viable skill allocations. The people who think this was a good idea either never played at the highest levels, or did, and just wanted to stand out as being somehow better than someone new to the game who simply didn't know better. No one should ever have to re-make a character for it to be viable just to play at higher difficulties.

No character customization - This one partially ties in with the last point about abilities and skills. I think I've made my point there. For everything else though, Every Diablo 3 class has more abilities (considering runes for the most part significantly change an ability's effects and visuals), every class can be both genders, Every major piece of armor shows up visually on your character. You can dye your armor. The customization in D3 is terrific, it's just all done through gear and ability selection. There are more viable builds for every class in Hell/Inferno in D3 than there are for each class in Hell in D2.

I like the graphics, I enjoy the music and sound design. I like the art design. I enjoy the game. I enjoy the mechanics of the game. I love the multiplayer, and easily hopping into games with my friends. My wife enjoys the game. My friends all enjoy the game. I've not heard a single complaint from any of them outside of an occasional lag spike. At the time of writing this review the User Score for D3 is sitting at 4.1, and not a single person I know on my friends list (all 20 of them) would rate this at less than an 8. I realize that's anecdotal evidence at best and a statistically insignificant data sample, but I feel it's still pertinent. Ignore the whiners with the sense of entitlement that didn't get what they wanted. Diablo 3 is a lot of fun, and well worth the money.
  83. May 24, 2012
    This is an excellent game with exactly the production values you have come to expect from Blizzard. I have not encountered significant problems logging on, the lag spikes have been short and tolerable, and other than that I have no complaints. The game itself is exactly what I expected and I expected great things.
  84. May 24, 2012
    You people are on freakin crack. You let a game get you all hyped up more than even the best game out there should. This is a great game. Great story. I get the feel for diablo 3. I like the new system. I like the new features. Don't expect some orgasmic trip, but if you want a great video game, Diablo 3 is for you.
  85. May 24, 2012
    This is the best computer game I have ever played. I am appalled and disappointed at all the spoiled brats here giving the game a zero because the world wasn't hand-crafted just for them. They don't speak for true gamers who love to play instead of flame. The graphics are incredible, the sound design is engrossing, the music fits the level design and moods.. I enjoyed the story veryThis is the best computer game I have ever played. I am appalled and disappointed at all the spoiled brats here giving the game a zero because the world wasn't hand-crafted just for them. They don't speak for true gamers who love to play instead of flame. The graphics are incredible, the sound design is engrossing, the music fits the level design and moods.. I enjoyed the story very much, the cutscenes are chilling. But MOST IMPORTANTLY: The game FEELS like Diablo. It's impossible to describe. My characters feel extremely powerful, but yet vulnerable. In the higher difficulties, I always have that feeling the original Diablo gave: I'm scared about what I might find around the next corner, but I have the courage to try. A+ Blizzard, you guys are amazing. Yes, there are some technical issues, but a release of this magnitude? That's to be expected. Those spoiled kids here, without maturity, patience or a decent handle on reality will give this game a low score. They do not represent the overwhelming majority of people who are loving this game right now. Expand
  86. May 24, 2012
    This game is beast, most of the bad reviews are from noobs who couldn't get on the first night and nerd raged. I never thought I would find a game that was more insanely fun than WoW but this game is it!
  87. May 24, 2012
    Excelent game, very adictive, and lot of fun, very nice graphics, i dont mind having to be always connected to the internet, it's not that problematic, and the game is an excelent one.
  88. May 24, 2012
    This game follows in the footsteps of Diablo 2 and does not disappoint. The story isn't amazing, but this is a great hack and slash, dungeon crawl game. The difficulty allows newer players to easily get the feel of the game, while the new skill system allows you to design your character to what fits your play-style. The graphics could have been a bit better in game, but most of theThis game follows in the footsteps of Diablo 2 and does not disappoint. The story isn't amazing, but this is a great hack and slash, dungeon crawl game. The difficulty allows newer players to easily get the feel of the game, while the new skill system allows you to design your character to what fits your play-style. The graphics could have been a bit better in game, but most of the cutscenes look amazing. Expand
  89. May 24, 2012
    Exactly what I wanted out of a Diablo game. Loot. Monsters. Lots of them. The graphics are gorgeous - the whole game has a sort of painterly feel to it - as if I'm part of a dark gothic themed painting by an fantasy artist. The mechanics of the game work well, finally, it doesn't expect me to reroll my character if I misclick - and lets be honest, there was no customisation in 1 to 2Exactly what I wanted out of a Diablo game. Loot. Monsters. Lots of them. The graphics are gorgeous - the whole game has a sort of painterly feel to it - as if I'm part of a dark gothic themed painting by an fantasy artist. The mechanics of the game work well, finally, it doesn't expect me to reroll my character if I misclick - and lets be honest, there was no customisation in 1 to 2 builds per class. D3 encourages experimentation, and in general - fun. The new random "Events" are a great deal of fun, and I'm hoping Blizzard will add more in future patches or expansions - and I do hope there will be a lot of them, in the time come come. This game is what I wanted out of Diablo 3 - An evolution of the series, a modern take on what made Diablo 2 great - Not a carbon copy of D2. If you want D2 all over again, this is not for you - If, however you want Diablo *3*, this is your game. Because it is truly worthy of that title. An evolution, just like D2 was compared to D1. Rock on, Blizzard. Expand
  90. May 24, 2012
    So far I'm around 3/4's of the way through Act II, and I'm loving the game so far. I don't understand why people are whinging so much if I'm honest. I'll agree, I hate the 'Always Online' bullcrap, but if its stops the pathetic world of duping/hacking the best gear in the game, I'm all for it.

For those of you complaining about how 'colourful' the world is, get over yourselves. There are far too many games nowadays who use a colour palette of grey and brown, its nice to see a developer injecting some colour into the world. [Make a comparison to the art/graphic style of Warcraft and I will smack you up the side of the head. Completely different development team, morons]

All in all, the game delivers what D2 had and more. I'm sorry if you stat/skill monkeys are upset, but at least now you don't have to google ULTIMATE CHARACTER STAT/SKILL SETUP and can actually make the sort of character you actually want to play, not a defined role for the best most possible damage output.
  91. May 24, 2012
    Game is absolutely amazing and addictive as hell. I will try to cover most of the complaints:
    1. Internet connection I don't see how internet connection can be an issue in 2012
    2. Skill and attribute points system That's the main improvement of the game 3. Graphics Simply amazing 3. Launch issues Give it some time, it's already a non issue. Also, knowing Blizzard you can be sure
    2. Skill and attribute points system That's the main improvement of the game
    3. Graphics
    Simply amazing
    3. Launch issues
    Give it some time, it's already a non issue.

Also, knowing Blizzard you can be sure that the game will be getting patched and improved constantly.
  92. May 24, 2012
    Serwers problem -
    few glitches -
    All the rest is well
    A worthy successor that take many many hours from my life till now, and many hours remaining to take from me.
    I'm never been fanboy of Diablo games but D3 suck me in.
  93. May 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 delivers. It seems the popular thing to claim having played Diablo 2, but 12 years ago is quite a long time. If we jump in a time machine and punch in 12 years and revisit our much younger selves and load up Diablo2 and let us play for an hour then load up Diablo3 and let us play for an hour. After that ask our older selves what we want to play. I think my answer would be Diablo3.
  94. May 23, 2012
    I have sunk 50+ hours into this game and it is a great game. all of these people whining about launch day have no idea what they are talking about. yes it was annoying not being able to instantly log in, but now that the servers are stable and everything is working i am having a great time. the new skill select system allows for a lot of variety (i have multiple go to builds for differentI have sunk 50+ hours into this game and it is a great game. all of these people whining about launch day have no idea what they are talking about. yes it was annoying not being able to instantly log in, but now that the servers are stable and everything is working i am having a great time. the new skill select system allows for a lot of variety (i have multiple go to builds for different scenarios) and the story line while not the best will keep you entertained while you do what this game was made for, hack and slash some ****. and while i do agree that the real currency auction house is idiotic and no lan kind of sucks, none of blizzards most recent games have not needed online connection so you should have seen that coming. i give this a 9/10 because it is really fun and worth the money but it has a few bugs that need to be worked out. Expand
  95. May 23, 2012
    Fantastic game. Beautiful graphics, story, voice acting and gameplay. Less than perfect due to the DRM affecting ongoing gameplay (network lag when I'm playing single player... seriously?).

These zero scores make me laugh.
  96. May 23, 2012
    These user reviews are shameful and clearly false. 1/10 and 0/10, really guys...

All you are doing is ruining the credibility of this site and I hope these reviews are wiped. Onto the review, if you like Diablo 1&2, you will love 3. Nuff said.
  97. May 23, 2012
    Brilliant! New skill system is awesome. I changed about 30 build already, but still cant decide my favorite. Best game of this year so far. Gonna start my hardcore barbarian soon, wish me luck =)
  98. May 23, 2012
    For me this is really amazing game. Its still old and good Diablo just with some news, which made this game much better. Graphic is great (good enough for nowadays) but physic is cool. Easy to play and hard to be master.
  99. May 23, 2012
    I just finished my first play through and enjoyed it alot. Now, playing on nightmare and still very much enjoying the game. Not sure why so many 0/10. I definately disaggree with that. I think the game deserves a 7.5-8 out of 10, but not 0. I've given it a 10/10 due to the unfair amount of 0s given here.
  100. May 23, 2012
    First, all these people that think games are either 0's or 10's need to realize you are not helping the industry...not one bit. You want to keep seeing games get made? Give an honest assessment and leave the black or white mentality at home. All or nothing is out.

This is a very well made game. It is responsive, looks good, plays well together, and mostly intelligent AI. The game is just fun to play. It mixes things up just enough to make you want to play again. Just for being a fun title it gets good marks as that is the primary focus of a game....being fun.

The graphics are well made as well. They are high enough to look good for the perspective you are playing as well as keeping the game available to a variety of machines. PC gamers claim that they have better graphics capability and this is true. The problem is the disparity in systems. An Xbox is an Xbox. There are very few differences except in hard drive space. They are made (some with different hardware) to play at a specified efficiency and so the developer can target that making the game as efficient as possible. PCs are a different bag and you have to tone things down to get a larger market share. It's just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future.

This is a game that has it all. There are a few annoyances like the music, while well done, is not really something that gets your blood pumping to fight demons when a huge battle is going on. The graphics are fine. The fun is high. The controls are responsive and well done. The skill tree is fine as well. Keep giving those 0s for no reason. It's like stabbing your friend in the chest for giving you something enjoyable. See if you get something again.

1. Aug 31, 2012