3.9

1. Aug 16, 2013
    Hello, I'll be writing this review from a "Diablo 2 LOD player precept". I'm going to talk about what has been removed from D3, that D2 LOD did right "in my opinion." - (No offline single player.) - (Battlenet System) - In D2 you could make your own games (Not in D3) - Only 4 Players in a game now from the previous 8 player games. - No longer having the option to choose your own games to hop into.(old school item for item trading). - Lag or Downed Servers or Errors (Not really improved from D2, maybe even worse) - Botting still in the game *Up side for blizzard if a bot farms a nice item they share the profit with it - (Ladder System) *I cann't imagin restarts because of the real money auction house *-one of the worst ideas ever put into a Action game is holding back one of the best - (Drop System) *Feels very unrewarding. Old system felt more rewarding because there was more items in the game. - Set items *there is no point in wearing a full set because there's normally no bonus for wearing all the pieces. - AH *You'll find the real gear on the real money auction house or a website. - No Runes meaning "No Runewords" So doesn't that mean white items are useless? - No Jewels - No Charms (Small Charms Large Charms Grand Charms Torchs or Annihilus or Gheeds Fortune) - No Ethreal items - Little to no Aura Spells on hit Items *One of the most fun Powerful items from D2 - (Way Points System)************** Just to Magic Find another Act you have to beat the one your in or Hop into another game - (No Open World PvP System) - (No Skills or Attrubites points System) *Characters feel less unique - (No Valueable Quests)************ *There isn't one Resistance or Stats Quest or Socket Quest or Skill Quest. *There are just mandatory quests in D3 - (Randomized Map Generating System)* Feels less randomized in D3 In D3 Every Characters Damage scales off of Weapon Damage. Unlike D2 where you had to make decisions on Crush Blow, Deadly Strike, Open Wounds, chance to cast a spell 1-3 to skills, Auras, +1-3 freeze target, Monsters rest in Peace, Prevents Monster heal. - Top lvl is hit way to fast You'll find yourself around act 3-4hell max level Still having another Difficultly to go, and you have to gear grind and do it a 4th time for no other reason then lets do it a 4th time. - The Old Cow level (with massive mobs of Cows wheeling Axe Polearms) lets just say its more like a flower, carebear, pony land. - Enraged Minions - Not having your mercenuary when playing with your friends. The game has chanced alot "I feel like the game has went backwards". What really pisses me off tho was Blizzcon 2011 "Which you can watch on youtube." Blizzard showed off alot of idea's saying most were finalized "just some needed some fine tuning" Almost all of those idea's shown at blizzcon didn't made it into the game. There for I had no idea as to how D3 would look, sense what they showed me never made it into the game. Expand
  2. Aug 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know there's a lot of fan backlash here but I honestly can't score Diablo 3 more than 4 even though I've beaten it on all difficulties. First two difficulties: too easy thus mainly seen as a chore. Third: Just about right. Fourth: stupid, and the wrong kind of difficulty to boot I don't see how it's a skill check against the player to have your mobs stats set so that they'll one shot a wizard and now the only way to play is to kite everything. That said I did play all this before some supposed "tweaking" and before that, wizards in full resists were basically fodder in Inferno. But alas I can only review based on what I played.

The main reason I score low is:
    1, We've gone from dark, gritty and scary to childish and ridiculous. This isn't diablo. I actually went back to play the original and it still has that same chilling atmosphere and feeling of dread. This game, with it's apparently 6 year old child diablo throwing pathetic taunts your way on the end level, is an insult to the senses.

2, Auction house and lack of solo offline. They killed what made diablo fun, the grinds, the chance to find something really special. There is no chance to find anything special anymore. After four playthroughs I got generic drop after generic drop, absolutely tedious. So I started to browse the auction house and soon after lost any desire to continue playing. I will not pay for loot thanks.

So yeah cheers for ruining everything that made Diablo great, blizz. All you had to do was repeat the dark atmosphere and loot grindy addiction but nah. And ignore the positive critic scores folks because they are clearly not being honest.
  3. Aug 9, 2013
    Long time Diablo and Old Blizzard fan that had the unfortunate experience of playing this pay to win scam game in which the makers do not listen to feedback and try to avoid the real issues with the game. No game deserves a 0, but I must give it one in the hopes it keeps people from buying this on console and/or pc. Trust the users on this one folks; the game is garbage
  4. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo 3 is hard to review. The area where this game really shines is its combat. The combat is so fluid and satisfying, it really saves the game.

As for the other elements: I didn't like the story or the mood of the game. It certainly isn't as dark as Diablo 2, sometimes it even feels childish, especially how the evil protagonists are presented to you.
    What really annoyed me is the amount of dialogue. Out of nowhere they talk to you, tease you and try to intimidate, but I never felt some kind of horror or fear. The game fails hard in this regard.
    The story is foreseeable, never exciting and all in all it doesn't really fit the Diablo setting. There are also some rather strange deciscion, especially when it comes to Deckard Cain. What happened to him doesn't add anything to the story or game world, but the franchise has lost its most iconic character. What's the point in this? I mean, maybe they have a long term plan when it comes to the story and someday it will make sense, but somehow I doubt this.

The new skill and character system is so easy and dumbed down, it doesn't promote "real" builds or great thought processes. But I won't blame it everything, a big player in this mess is also the item system, which just isn't complexe enough to encourage players to come up with new builds.

There are other things which people do not like, for example the real money auction house or the auction house in general. I am not a huge fan of it either, but nowhere is it the biggest problem of the game.

This price goes to the following: Blizzard is known for supporting its games with regular content. Diablo 3 is different in this way. There hasn't been any "real" content besides the uber bosses since its release, and even that is blatantly stolen from Diablo 2. I mean, they tried to change the game in so many ways, and now they come up with...this? It's not that the system about the uber bosses is bad or anything, it is just disappointing that the new team doesn't have its own ideas where it would be really appropriate, but changes things that worked really well, like the whole character and skill system.
    So, for me this is the biggest problem I have with this game: The lack of new content. And Diablo 3 is desperatley in need of some new mechanics that make this game more diverse. Be it an endless dungeon system like in Torchlight, or the map system like in Path of Exile, the Diablo 3 fails to implement exciting new ways on how to play. Sure, Diablo 2 doesn't have that either, but it has a ladder system and offers a ton of different builds. Diablo 3 doesn't have that and so it needs regular, new content to keep the masses interested. So therefore I never understood why they do not come up with DLCs or something similar, because judging from the lack of content it is obvious that the real money auction house fails to monetise on the game.

Conclusion: I still have hope for Diablo 3, but it will be a long road for Blizzard 'till this game is anywhere near Diablo 2 in terms of fun and replayability. Until then it will be a mindless grind for gear with better stats.
  5. Aug 6, 2013
    yes, sure a bunch of negatives are from the day 1 release issues, but compared to diablo 2, the immersion and spooky elements like fighting the A2 boss are gone. The fckd up the loot, when you find a yellow the first time it's a good feeling, soon you will begin to realize the only times you get good feelings will be when legendaries drop. Thats really all you count on, any other colored items are most likely vendor cash, please don't support Diablo 3, the only reason why it sold so many copies is because it's Blizzard Ent. if anybody else released this same game it wouldn't have sold as much. The title sold, not the game. Game is garbage Expand
  6. Aug 6, 2013
    Somehow they managed to remove all the fun factor from diablo in this sequel. Finding gear becomes boring as 99.9% of drops are garbage, unlocking new abilities not rewarding because most of the suck. When the game came out the balance was flat out BROKEN in inferno. It still is but nowhere near as much. Using the auction house is MANDATORY and so is gearing and speccing defensively in inferno. Choice? Nope, if you try experiment you'll suck. There is cookie cutter spec and gear and that's the only thing you should ever use because its the only thing that is viable. Classes are imbalanced, Barbarian far outshines the other classes by a large margin, You can spend 500m on a barb and wreck mp10 with ease (the hardest difficulty). Spend the same gold on a monk and you'll barely be able to do mp3, and die a lot. There's just no point in playing anything but a barb. Story is terrible and completely forgettable. Also blizzard are doing their usual thing and promising things and never deliver. They promised pvp, It's STILL not in the game. Some boss mechanics are flat out broken. Like act 2's boss can hit you and kill you in one hit before you can even react. Expand
  7. Aug 6, 2013
    Nice compaign for old diablo-gamer, but.. well... Too simplistic and fast gameplay, too many connections with battlenet. Looking forward for the addon. Hope it will make the game much better than it is now.
  8. Aug 5, 2013
    I really wanted to love this game, but with my bad internet connection and the always online requirement I couldn't. When I had good signal I had a good time, not as much fun as I had in D2, but fun none the less.
  9. Aug 4, 2013
    to be fair, D3 have great cinematic and great story, kudos for those who did this in Blizz D3 dev team. But I must highlight that the game-play for D3 is just not fun, i mean like seriously NOT FUN AT ALL. Act 1 is great but until half way in act 2, i had this feeling like the game is not complete or something, something is really missing in this game. Still finish the whole game for nostalgic sake. Stopped after a month the game release cuz its like too boring to continue. Re-install D3 few week ago after one+ year, read some comment here in meta that some improvement was done after all the patches so i was like ok lets give it a 2nd try but i was so wrong. Yes stuff at AH is cheaper and can get good equipment at a lower price, but uninstall it again after half day of playing cuz the game is just too boring and repetitive. Conclusion? Worst money I spend on a game and I regret buying this game. Lesson learned the hard way and will never buy a game pro-order, only purchase after reviewing actual user reviews. Expand
  10. Aug 1, 2013
    This game gets a 0 for having always online DRM (required even for single player), for numerous reasons. Even if it did not have such crappy DRM, it is still only a vastly overpriced so-so game deserving of no better than a 5. I feel sick to my stomach when I think about the fact I paid Blizzard for this game. I will never give them another dollar in my life even if they change their ways--they have shown their true corporate colours. It's the same way I feel about EA, another company that people should be boycotting under they go out of business. By the way, for this genre, I recommend Torchlight 2 for great quality at a great price. Expand
  11. Jul 31, 2013
    I bought it, I played a long time and I have a huge remorse trash nothing to do many bugs, many hacks, a lot of money in a market trading addict bli$$ard closed his eyes to the use of fraud because they earn too much money Sad but true bli$$ard died Activision just left ....run like hell from this game....play POE or Diablo 2 much better than this masterpiece of garbage.
  12. Jul 30, 2013
    Good old Diablo receive another offspring with online-play and real money auction house. Great.
    Time to bury the stinking corpse of long-dead demon in the lava pit.
    There is too many better H&S arcade games focused on drop. And even some MMO.

But it's not a zero. They are do some work. Really.
  13. Jul 30, 2013
    bad game ............
    very bad game ..........
    u must spend cash to improve your character's strength ........
    and the game is too short, less content, outdated graphics
  14. Jul 29, 2013
    Now, I'm not one of those guys who has a mild dislike of something, so he gives it a low score. No, I pride myself on seeing what is good in something. The Good: The environments and sound design are spot on. The areas in the game are lush, the models are well done, the physics engine and amusing and absolutely glorious to see in action. The Bad: Literally everything else. The voice acting is terrible, the plot is full of holes, you must be online 100% of the time, even to play the single player (and believe me, you don't notice how often your internet goes out until a game will kick you off the second it cuts out), the entire game lacks any sort of challenge, there is only a linear progression along a fix skill "road", rather than the skill tree that made Diablo 2 such a pleasure to play.

You cannot allocate points to anything relating to your character. Everything RPG related is totally fixed, and the only thing you can do to affect a character's effectiveness in combat is to buy a new weapon that puts points into your character's "primary skill", which is to say, the only skill that will ever matter to you.

So, lets say you are a Barbarian that has reached the maximum allowed level. You are 100% identical to every other Barbarian at your level. The only differences you have are the abilities that you have equipped, which you can swap out at literally any time, and the weapon that you are holding.

Due to this asinine lack of character customization, you must use a new feature that I honestly didn't think would affect the game. I was, unfortunately, wrong.

I am talking about the Auction House. In game, the weapons that you find are worth around 50 gold. In the online auction house, you can sell your items to other players for hundreds of times that price.

What happens to the game is this: You get frustrated, and because leveling up will not affect your build or character, you go to the auction house, buy a new weapon, beat the bad guy. Repeat ad nauseum until you finish the game.

The bosses are visually impressive, but pathetically easy. I honestly don't even know what happens if you die, and I finished the game on the "hard mode" equivalent.

This is easily the worst sequel I have ever played. This game felt more like a halfway thought out mod for a better game than a full fledged sequel to what was arguably the greatest dungeon crawler of all time. I cannot recommend this. Not even after a year's worth of patching is this game even 1/10th of Diablo 2. Not only is it a terrible sequel, it is a terrible game, and Blizzard should be ashamed for tarnishing this once wonderful franchise this this abomination of poor game design.

If you have a love for Diablo 2, I beg of you, stay faaaaaar away. If you have never played Diablo 2, go buy that instead. It's a third of the price and 10000% better.
  15. Jul 28, 2013
    When will developers get gamers do not like always-on DRM? Diablo III fundamentally is a solid game, but the business practices of Blizzard Entertainment cannot be excused. Plus, the game only works when it wants to. Its been updated, but its still a frustrating mess. Do not buy this game is all I can say.
  16. Jul 27, 2013
    Terrible waste of time of a game, doesn't even have half of the features its prequel did over 10 years ago. Don't waste your money. Making loot not drop to drive the real money auction house, so they can profit on micro-transactions.
  17. Jul 27, 2013
    What can i say in addition to several thousands of negative reviews... This was my biggest disappointment about the game. It'so strange, that such a mastodon in game making as blizzard released such shallow, boring to the death game. I can remember how i replayed part 1 for quite a few times with joy. This one, however, took me some willpower to complete. I was just curious, if it's going to be better closer to the end. But no. Hell, even such relatively poor titles as Torchlight, Titan quest and Neverwinter are more addictive. Even god forsaken Hellgate london. And that game is terrible. Shame on blizzard. If i could only take my money back, i definitely would. Expand
  18. Jul 26, 2013
    Having been an avid Blizzard Fan for many years, as well as trying out literally dozens upon dozens of other games. I can safely say that Diablo III is a major disappointment. I'll start with the Positives. Graphics are pretty decent, I mean if they were too fancy the game wouldn't run smoothly. and that's pretty much it. Now on with the negatives. It ruined Diablo Lore It severely limited character customization
    Item affixes were severely limited, others have mentioned this as well. I actually did the math and you're getting something like 70 less item affixes than you did in Diablo 2. Even the gems are simplified to the point where all you get is your main stat. This further limits character customization.

Some of the Elite monsters were so stupidly overpowered that it was nearly impossible to pass them in a dungeon without dying 20 times in a row. You lost gold doing this, and with the new changes to how repairs work, many players were without gold for quite some time.. unless of course they went to the RMAH. This was even more of a problem when most characters had to build incredibly tanky to stay alive, but lacked damage output to kill these monsters, putting them into a frenzy state where they pretty much started 2-3 shotting you(more damage in frenzy)

Boss Fights were ridiculously easy compared to the elite monster fights, Not even kidding here.

The game in general has been dumbed down, simplified for the casual masses, The fact that it's coming to the consoles supports this. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but when the majority of the player base was expecting a true successor to diablo and diablo 2, This wasn't meeting their expectations. '

The game was quite repetitive. Other games have figured out that having small limited maps is quite boring, Diablo 3 did not seem to get this memo. I understand that it's hard to make maps, but diablo 2 had map generators, which Diablo 3 also has, but it's use is severely limited and often times you only get a handful of slightly different maps. I actually had to ask myself at one point, are these maps really random? or is there just 2-3 different variations that get randomly chosen, This is because during my 4 playthroughs(normal to inferno) I got stuck with the same maps for dungeons more than once.

I mean, I could go on till I used my 5000 characters up, but to me it just seems like Blizzard made a simplified casual hack n slash. They had so much that they could've drawn idea's from, plenty of hack n slash games to look at. What makes them popular, and what makes them boring or repetitive. It seems that even with all this, they decided to not heed any of it, and make a game that gets boring after one playthrough.

Hell, even their answer to the lack of content was the paragon system, Essentially, once you max your level. You level more... But this time it's Paragon levels. This is copy and paste from the blizzard website itself.
    After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
    There are 100 Paragon levels
    Every Paragon level will reward you with:

Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
    3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find

So instead of adding more actual content, they decided to just add more levels for you to grind, in the same limited content.

I really hope this opens some peoples eyes, the people giving it 10/10 or 8/10, or 9/10 are most likely players that have never experienced the genre before, or have never even played diablo1/2. They may like the game, but there is honestly SO much more that Blizzard could've done with Diablo, but chose not to, Anyone that's not a Casual player would be able to tell you this. You see it on the games forums, and you see it on here in the user reviews.

It gets a 3/10 from me because the graphics are nice, they seem to fit in with the whole Diablo series nicely, and the music is pretty decent as well(still not as good as D2). I also like that they were trying to reach the casual playerbase, just not necessarily how they did it. Mostly because it seems like it's just being done for money. If they improved upon some, or even all of the things I mentioned, I would likely give this game a 7/10 or even 8-9 depending on how well it was done. I bet most other reviewers here would do the same as well.
  19. Jul 26, 2013
    When you see the startling difference between User Review and Critics Review scores, you quickly draw the obvious conclusion: Diablo 3 has no right of existence and has been hyped beyond belief, while delivering a sub-par experience that has not only been riddled with launch and patch problems in the past, but today still suffers from a bad design, extremely limited content and too many console-friendly mechanics choices.

Diablo 3 wants to be plug and play for the masses, but that is never the game it was intended to be from part one. Fun for single playthrough on a day off, as eight to nine hours should do the job. Easily. The game does not deserve a single hour more, though.
  20. Jul 25, 2013
    After playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game is frustrating to play. The terrible repetition makes me really sick. Poor game design. The game looks like only for elemental school kids. Expand
  21. Jul 25, 2013
    Among all three (four if you count Drakensang) diablo-ish games, Diablo III, supposedly the 'original title', has to place 3rd or 4th overall. You can argue Drakensang is the worst of the four because of its insane pay to win cash grab, but Diablo 3 is not better by a lot. The only advantage Diablo III has over TL2 and PoE are: 1) Diablo III has better graphics than TL2 2) Diablo III has better physics effect than PoE

and that's it. TL2 and PoE does better in almost, if not all grounds, and they are much cheaper games.
  22. Jul 23, 2013
    pros: - a much awaited Diablo sequel. I know I wanted this game for 10 years - very fast loading - decent graphics - coop cons: - there are too few skills to play around in each class and once the difficulty romps up the options are taken out completely - unless you want to double/tripple/quadriple boring farming of the same areas you must use in game auction. that in turn leads to mudflation. now in 2013 it is possible to get end game gear that allows easy entry into inferno(mp++) with no effort. Getting said gear on your own is impossible. The time spend auctioning is wasted. I'd rather be playing the game then the auction house with virtual items... it is basicly an in game character editor/cheat system that takes hours instead of minutes to get desired results.
    - in 2013 I've acquired enough power to kill anything in the game in under 50 hours solo leaving me with no challenge ahead or desire to play
    - there is noticeable lag related issues like getting killed by unknown force and attacks not registering fast enough leading to death even with latency below 150 in single player.
    - diablo 2 mega annoying random boss system is back but now that players do not have to instant refresh skills and the whole system being much much slower than d2 which isnt a good thing.
    - the only thing that was improved over d2 is graphics and even that is arguable as instead of dark hellish feel the game now feels like WoW.
    - all the maps are now static ...
    - character development does not exist/removed

the rest is imo:
    - an alright game to play once on normal. The rest of the difficulties area actually easier than normal and feature exactly the same content. For me who played d1/d2 a lot d3 feels like a sluggish version of the same game with extra quirks due to internet lag and included in game cheat system called auction house. Characters terribly lack customization options.
  23. Jul 23, 2013
    Diablo 3, despite its many flaws, exploitable content, and grind-oriented gameplay, is a solid title. I could talk about its shortcomings, but seeing as how it has a 4.0 user rating I'm sure most of those have been covered in great detail. Instead I'll talk about how its a reasonably entertaining game with a high amount of polish.

Sure the graphics are more light-hearted than its
    predecessors, but they're crisp and aesthetically appealing. The sound and music is also top-tier material; however, voice acting is sub-par.

The co-op is great and it's super easy and super fast to join up with friends. This is accomplished mainly by the fact that the game has virtually no load times. Yes, character customization is dumbed down, but it still has depth.I like the fact that there are so many viable abilities in the end-game and that you can choose a skill setup that matches your play style without severely handicapping yourself. Combat is fun and satisfying. The end-game is difficult, but far from impossible... just as Blizzard promised. Actually, I would have given the game an 8/10, but I felt obligated to subtract a point because of the upcoming nerf to inferno difficulty. Bad move in my opinion. After killing Diablo on inferno difficulty, I have no motivation to continue playing. Nerfing the difficult content is only going to expedite that process for others.

All in all I don't think this game will have the lasting appeal that Diablo 2 did, but it's still a solid title worth checking out, especially if you have some friends to play it with.
  24. Jul 22, 2013
    The positive:
    High production quality, extremely well-made low-poly meshes and low-resolution textures, amazing pre-rendered cinematics. Well designed and thought-out experience from start to finish. The hack-and-slash gameplay is fluid, fast-paced, and engaging. Character and class builds make sense, are flexible and easy to understand. The auction house is a structured economy that
    makes gold an essential liquid commodity.

The negative:
    Is not an appropriate follow-up to it's predecessor in terms of story, atmosphere, or music. Character customization is simple, but not rewarding or interesting. You can only pick a few skills to use, which creates a more restrictive play-style and, while you can experiment with many potential builds on a single character, the builds you can create aren't particularly creative.

Finding loot is usually unexciting because, generally, the best loot for your character is whatever maximizes the stat for maximum DPS. Rares, uniques, and set items drop too infrequently because if they did, their value on the auction house would plummet. While finding loot for many players was arguably one of the main draws in Diablo II, Diablo III lacks this draw because the most efficient and effective way to obtain items is through the auction house. Players end up engaging in finding loot less (again, because good items need to be extraordinarily rare to be valuable on the market), and end up grinding simply to find gold to pay for loot. If Diablo III is supposed to be an evolution of Diablo II, why are players grinding away mindlessly still? At least in Diablo II, if players were grinding, it was to find items instead of gold.

Item crafting (runewords, crafted items, etc.) is also completely missing--socketing gems in order to simply boost stats for DPS isn't the same and it lacks interesting results.

Overall, players are given less choices in what they can do while playing the game, and are forced to focus on monetizing the auction house in order to reap any benefits of having played the game. Rewards are simply proportional to the efficiency of grinding and the strength of a character build is almost entirely based on maximizing DPS.

Aesthetically, the atmosphere is not the same as Diablo II's because it deviates from the austere, dark, horror-gore style and inserts a bit of a cartoonish flare. Overall, the game is colorful, vibrant, and saturated in a way that does not suggest an impending doom or dire circumstances. Animations are over-exaggerated. Dialogue is generally good, however, as well as the voice-acting.

Diablo III might be a better game if it wasn't simply an ultra-polished Diablo II--slimmed and stripped down to its core mechanics to make the experience an exercise in maximizing player rewards. Of course, many players, including myself, criticize Diablo III mostly for not being Diablo II; at the same time, Diablo II is simply a classic, but extremely out-dated game. I think gamers have come to expect more depth in their gameplay instead of the linear grind of Diablo games, and Blizzard should not be afraid to completely overhaul their approach to the franchise in future iterations. Don't try to make a better Diablo II/III, just worry about making a Diablo IV.
  25. Jul 19, 2013
    The worst gaming purchase I've ever made. Besides enforcing draconian DRM without makign a truly connected world, fails to reach the bar raised by its predecessors in the art direction, music, mechanics and story. It's lame narrative, coupled with a purposedly dumbed down control (for console testing), linear gameplay and shallow progression system makes this an incredible disappointing experience. Expand
  26. Jul 19, 2013
    -pay to win
    -stupid storyline (my cat can write a better one)
    -no skill/stat points
    -stupid class choices
    -bad graphics (yes it is bad.)
    **** artwork
    -dumb soundacting
    -retarded bosses
    -moronic followers
    -useless items

+auto picking gold is not a bad idea. congratulations.

made by retards for morons to play. good fuvking job.
  27. Jul 18, 2013
    Most stupid game ever

-Always online DRM
    -Lack of skill diversity
    -Connection errors
    -Short Story
    -Play to win

+Nothing

Really bad game.Don't buy!
  28. Jul 16, 2013
    Diablo 3 is quite excellent hack & slash game, with plenty of loot and battle. Unfortunately the game is fun only the first or the second time, because it changes from exciting story and fun exploration into dull and boring grinding of your characters. There is no raids as in wow, so a max level character is nice to have but utterly useless. With group this game fun and you want to play it again at least one more time, but alone you just wanna get to the end, and repeatibility doesn't seems like an exciting idea. Expand
  29. Jul 14, 2013
    Una porqueria le dieron en toditita la madre haciendolo online.
    Se requiere de la coneccion a internet forzosa, por lo que es una porqueria, no lo compren. Te clavas en el juego, luego te quitan el internet porque no pagaste, y pues ya chafeaste. 0000
  30. Jul 14, 2013
    One giant pile of garbage. They pretty much destroyed the Diablo Lore and did nothing but create a boring game based on making from the auction house for Blizzard. Possibly the dumbest and biggest failure in video game history. Avoid this game like the plague.
  31. Jul 13, 2013
    Diablo 3 is probably one of the biggest waste of $60 I have spent on a game. The graphics are pretty good with as much going on the screen, but several other factors are absolutely terrible. There is little to no customization of your character, where the game does not allow you to choose stats or the skills you learn and empower them greatly. Also, the story is very bland with one what could be considered a twist at best (I know it is a hack-and-slash, so I'll let this one go). The game play starts out well, but gets boring after putting in 10 hours or so (Farming for gear is just awful, as the boss fights are pretty generic and you have no other reason to get better gear once you beat all 4 modes). Speaking of modes, the design team sounded lazy by trying to provide a full experience with 1/4 of the content by making you play each mode to get to the next one. The release of the game was awful, as it looked it was still in beta and is only now a release-worthy product (if I dare say even that). The critics obviously played the first few hours, if that, and did not think about long-term game and replay value. Oh well...At least now I know not to buy any more Diablo games. Expand
  32. Jul 13, 2013
    Sigh. One of the biggest disappointments of 2012. BUT there is a remedy. Torchlight II. Go buy it. It's on sale on steam for $10 and will literally address every complaint you have with this mess.
  33. Jul 12, 2013
    Dumbed down. No choices that matter. Way more action than RPG. World too small (see Sacred 2). Items and item stats horrible. This is a loot finding game where a normal amount of playtime for a working adult (5 or so hours a week) will take you decades to find interesting items i did'nt say buy...). AH bad idea for those who only want to solo the game and find cool items. Bliz made this for a new (WoW) type of gamer, not a hardcore old-school gamer that wants the thrill of the hunt. Leveling waaay too fast. No runes as objects. Poor customization for items/item upgrades. Stash too small. Unnecessary gold sinks. Items better in Van Helsing, and it's a $15 game! Some people like what they've done... I'm ok with that, but this is now an online focused game that can be played solo. I'd be happy if it was a game that could be played solo without any interaction with anyone or online influence on game design. Always online doesnt bother me, i have good net. It's being forced to play in others sandbox. Expand
  34. Jul 12, 2013
    This game is a disgrace, an insult, a puke, a shame. It is bad, so bad it hurts. It is made by morons for morons, all in the name of greed. Don't be fooled: everything about it is wrong. Avoid at all costs.
  35. Jul 3, 2013
    What can we say about these numbnuts. DRM really SUCKS. DRM really SUCKS. Blizzard is ona hiding to nothing cause they full of numbnuts, cause DRM really sucks
  36. Jul 1, 2013
    not worth the wait and the game is made so little kids can play it
    cool kiddie game you guys are playing hope you enjoy.... i'm hating it.

Torchlight 2 a bit better not much
  37. Jun 30, 2013
    It would be a masterpiece if it was from a small company with 10 workers or something.
    But it's not, it's from Blizzard, it's predecessor is nothing else than Diablo II.
    Unforgivable.
  38. Jun 30, 2013
    It`s a Blizzard Game, and Blizzard makes always very good Games. Do not listen to the 0/10 Points Reviews, the most People make this because they hate to be Online, Error 37, the Auction House or the difficult Gameplay on Inferno. It was made really easier by Blizzard)
    Yeah, you Need to Farm für Month the same Levels, but this was in Diablo 2 and 1 even so.

When you Score the
    Gameplay, the Game gets a 8 oder 9 off 10. The Game is even better than Tochlight, Path of Exile ore any other Hack&Slay Expand
  39. Jun 29, 2013
    The good thing about diablo 3 is the goblin.
    If they made diablo 2 lod with better graphic i think more would buy that game, than diablo 3. Everything that made diablo 2 good, is now missing, What i miss the most are the rune words, and the skill system. And i never had one decent drop, with over 200 hours gameplay. And yes, i do have mf and a budy of mione gave me items that i only could
    have been dreaming on getting myslef. I can play monster lvevl 5 all acts easy Expand
  40. Jun 27, 2013
    This game lacks everything that would make people remember and love it's predecessors. Graphics 7/10 Dark and nice. Nothing wrong with that. Sounds 7/10 No Matt Uelmen but it fits. Gameplay... Oh boy. I could go on and ramble about the weaknesses of this game like everybody did. Instead here are three things Blizzard has to fix in order for the game to make more fun: -Get rid of the preskilling system. All of it. Skill AND Ability preskilling is the wrong way. Most of the fun in D1 and D2 was character customization. If you simplify it, you take out the fun of the game. Instead, make choice matter.

-Skill damage based on weapon damage. Get rid of it. Seriously, this mechanics is the very reason that's making the game repetitive and unplayably boring. All you need to win is enough items with +stat to your main attribute. I keep seeing lvl 26 characters dual wielding 196 damage weapons and owning every major boss in under 10 secons. That would not have been possible in D2.

-More Diversity in item affixes. All you get are the same lame stats boost over and over again, magic find, more xp and gold and such. Healthdrain is rendered obsolete by the new healthglobe system. You could make the game more challenging by reducing the drops of those healthglobes.
  41. Jun 25, 2013
    Fail Not much more to add this game is a joke People don't buy expansion pack, maybe that will teach them $%^# You blizzard for this massive disappointment
  42. Jun 22, 2013
    That game is absolutely fantastic-YOU ALL give that game 0 or 1. Why? because you said "that's boring". But it's hack n' slash When you know what hack n' slash is- and you don't like it- so why you bought it and play?In newest version lags and kicks are so rare.I think you are only haters of Blizzard.
  43. Jun 19, 2013
    Reasons to avoid like the plague: ERROR 37. Real Money Auction House. Itemization. Class Balance. Repetitive. Ugly. Candy colours designed for children. Incredibly clichéd and poor plot.

Just buy Torchlight 2, you're better off playing that game... on so many levels.
  44. Jun 17, 2013
    This game got roasted for having a rocky first week, as well as the impossibly high expectations from gamers who hold past Diablo games on a pedestal. I almost docked a point for being online-only, but I'm not someone who would actually play it offline, so for me it's not an issue. As it stands, the game is currently the best ARPG out there. The server hasn't been an issue since week 1, there is now PVP, the crafting is improved, the drop rates are better, the legendaries and sets are better, the players are genuinely pushed to play together cooperatively through massive bonuses, and players can control their gameplay experience a lot via the monster power settings. Of course the game can get boring after about 200 hours, but what game doesn't? The fact is that this is the best ARPG on the market. I've played the others, and they don't really hold a candle. The design of the skills and the classes is of the highest quality. Compare to Torchlight 2 where the skill balance and class balance is atrocious. Expand
  45. Jun 16, 2013
    I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player!? What exactly is on that disc?! It is a sick joke... Give my money and wasted time back!
  46. Jun 16, 2013
    How great this game would have been if it had been long enough to allow for your character to reach level 60 before you actually reached the end. As a diablo virgin, I leave this game scratching my head wondering what all the fuss has been about. I paid 60 dollars to play a 4 act game and got my character to the mid 30's, then learned to reach the level cap I had to play the same game but at a harder level. Same dialogue, same NPC characters... same story. I played through again and STILL was not at level cap. This is award winning game design? As much as I wanted to play the other characters I can't stomach having to go through the same acts 3-4 times each. Now it can be argued that the whole thing is just a loot grab. But I ask why can't the process of grabbing said loot be less monotonous? This game is half the size it should be. Expand
  47. Jun 11, 2013
    Possibly the worst game triple A game I have ever played in my life. The worst game in the ARPG/Dungeon Crawler genre, I would even dare to say it is an insult to the genre and should be tagged as an arcade game. The adjectives that come to mind to describe this game are far from pretty, so I will keep them to myself, but you get the idea. Seriously, I have trouble understanding how companies that are 5% of the size that Blizzard is have developed games that on Diablo 3 in every single possible way. I don't understand. Lazy devs? Greedy activision? I don't know. A user score of 3.8 is far too generous in my opinion. This game is scum and should be avoided at all cost. I for one will not be playing the Diablo 3 expansion even if it is free. What a pile of garbage. Expand
  48. Jun 9, 2013
    if you want to buy this game because you enjoyed diablo 2, don't do it.
    diablo 3 is a pretty solid action game (not arpg) and is enjoyable until a certain point, but it suffer from major design flaws.
    resistance and armor are the same thing, the damage of EVERY skills (physical attack, spell, minion) is based on the main hand weapon dps, if you want to upgrade you gear (after a certain
    amount of time) you can rely solely on the auction house.
    i would not recommend anyone from buying it, and the reason i give it a 6, is because the gameplay (smashing monsters face) is very good, indeed the only thing that's good about it.
    if i have to describe diablo 3 in one word, it will be: casualfest.
  49. Jun 9, 2013
    Launch was a disaster. Over 400 hours of playing and found nothing good. Sold items in RMAH to cover the cost of the game and quit. Never again blizzard. Waited over 10 years for this sequel and what a disappointment.
  50. Jun 7, 2013
    I've waited a long time to say something about this game. A year to be exact, and since then, things have changed considerably. Was the game ridiculous upon release? Yes. Was it a game worthy of a 3.8 user score? No. Was it worthy of a 10? No. Blizzard did the right thing and is sticking by their game. It's hard to review their games because they constantly revise and update their methods and content. It's why writing a review on WoW is kind of pointless. You may love the game one month, and hate it the next. Diablo 3 has been moving, mostly, in the right direction. The story is weak and forgettable like with most video games. You won't be coming into contact with anything but a story designed for a 16 year old boy with little expectations. (Sorry, guys!) The gameplay is solid and visceral, but it lacks the complexity of RPG's in which you tailor and custom build your own character. The game focuses on "builds" with skills and the ability to switch them out on the fly as opposed to a stat allocation system in which all decisions are final. Take it or leave it. It's fun to smash monsters, and that's what D3 is mostly about: killing demons in the most brutal fashion imaginable. The maps gets repetitive after the 200th hour of play, but then again, what wouldn't? Still, I was expecting more variation on the part of Blizzard. Some places literally are the same thing each and every time. The MP can be fun, especially with friends, it is finally better to play WITH people as opposed to running away from them and sticking to solo play. The items in the game can still feel weak in an overall sense and in the subtle sense that most items don't' really do anything but boost your stats in increments. It's very World of Warcraft in that sense, no really cool things going on with the gear. Overall, I think it's a good game, but it's not revolutionary. I find myself playing it because I feel there simply isn't anything else that is a good time sink right now, and I'm not sure that's a good reason to play a game, but there it is. Diablo 3 will eventually probably be a gem, but it is still a work in progress. It's not nearly as bad as people want to believe though. It's a solid game, it's just not "Blizzard level". Expand
  51. Jun 7, 2013
    I'm really shocked that this is a release from Blizzard Entertainment. It feels more like some sort of free to play cash shop game, where they design it to be mind-numbingly boring and hope that you'll buy things from the cash shop to improve your experience.

Unlike the vast array of other ARPG's I've played, this game just absolutely refuses to let you find your own gear upgrades. The
    intent was obviously to try to herd players to the auction houses to buy items, but considering ARPG's are largely about finding items, this design really ruins the experience. In fact, there's nothing else really to this game other than an incredibly boring, frustrating and defective item system. There (was) no pvp, the social system is basically non-existent--so I guess we are supposed to buy items from the cash shop so we can just log in and stare at our awesome character.

Blizzard removed a lot of things from the previous Diablo games, saying that these elements essentially constituted bad game design, but then they replaced these elements with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So there's now no reason to kill bosses in Diablo 3, (farming bosses was bad design, apparently), there are no skill trees, (skill trees are bad design, apparently), there (was) no pvp, (no pvp is apparently better design than imperfect pvp), not to mention various other elements that were removed from the series.

There's not much of a game here after the first play through, I'd spend my money on another title.
  52. Jun 7, 2013
    Require non-stop internet connection.
    Boring skill system.
    This game is just about farming.
    Less content from previous version (diablo 2)
    There is no challenge.
    There is no fun.
    There is no balance between heroes.
    Pay to win game
  53. Jun 4, 2013
    All Blizzard had to do was remake Diablo 2 with updated graphics and no RMAH. Always online for single player mode? What a waste of $60 this game was!
  54. Jun 2, 2013
    Wanted this to be great so much but bought it on release day and a week into it I didn't see any point in playing. Played it for the most part for the story and it was very very very bland. Story was overly predictable and weak. Gameplay is good but repetitive like D2 which wasn't bad cause the loot kept u playing but in D3 the drops for your character are horrendous which leads me to believe you are curbed to use the auction house I never did. I never bought items in D2 and never felt the need to with D3. As a huge fan of the franchise i'm just disappointed. No skill tree or skill points? D3 seemed to try and be too mainstream to me. Instead of staying true for all of us that waited on this game for so many years. Expand
  55. May 30, 2013
    The highly controversial Diablo 3 has let down many fans of the franchise, however due to recent patches I have revisited the game and I was shocked at the difference.

Sure it's still not D2, but blizzard has managed to implement subtle changes that change the feel of the game.

If you have quit the game for over 6 months, I do really recommend revisiting. Things have changed
  56. May 30, 2013
    1 point for cinematics -9 points for gameplay Act 1 was only good act in entire game everything else sucked hard .
    Act 2 makes me vomit Hurr hurr hahahaa i wont betray you go get my body & my head hahahahah thank you fool now i will destroy the world hahahah .
    Act 3 while you were busy raising the catabults my lieutnant stormed your cellar you will surely fall now after
    killing the fatty in cellar a mere victory over useless tool !!"!!!!
    Act 4 hurr hurr this is heaven basicly 1 kind of hallway over and over shemale diablo is waiting for you

Positive --
    Act 1.
    Classes.
    Co-op.

Negative
    AH & real money AH .
    Act 2 & 3 & 4 .
    Artificial dificulty we promise you you will die alot durr hurr lets add rare packs that are impossible to kill like molten jailer teleport mortar Gl with that .
    Angels are useless tyrael doesent do a damn thing and that strongest angel just keeps getting his ass kicked .
    Story sucks ass Cain dieing to evil butterfly .
    Graphics they are using wow engine that is like 8-9 years old this is worse rehash than COD.
    Loot basicly game is made so that you wont get any good loot and have to use auction house.

Fire jay wilson remove auctionhouse atleast real money ah fix the loot make better story
  57. May 29, 2013
    Some rare and strange appears only in the rare spawn points, this setting is also normal, everyone can sum up, there's always the law to investigate!
  58. May 28, 2013
    I plan to keep my distance from this iteration. Having played on a friend's computer, I can say I neither like 1.) how Blizzard feels about their customers, and 2.) how they make their games nowadays (and what their games are, in consequence).

Diablo 3 is a game where none of the original authors were involved in creating the sequel. In this case, it amounts to an analogy of R. A.
    Salvatore writing "Lord of the Rings 2", or the author of Twilight authoring "Crime and Punishment 2". The changes are just too contradictory to what Diablo 1 and 2 represented. Why did Blizzard North get sacked? Because they had artistic integrity? Just look at the original plans for D3, from the early 2000's, they say a lot about how the game was really meant to be. It is really disappointing that the original project got scrapped. Besides, the vast majority even on Blizzard's site have stated they definitely prefer the originally planned art, even in this day when graphics and all is supposed to be better, and many of whom state this really appreciate graphics in general.

A game is primarily defined by what emotion or feeling it gives to the player. This is done via artistic and conceptual vision. Diablo 3 does not feel ANYTHING like D2. Smoothness and high-performing requirements can be good things, but very often are just otherwise.

People game for the EXPERIENCE, not the way you swing your hammer, how neat the inventory looks or how fast a button-click responds. The experience is both intellectual and artistic. But Diablo 3's ambient qualities just plummeted to regular cartoons, and mindless DPS-viewing.
    It IS cartoony as by the saturated candy-whooping animations and designs, silly (wow, a boss named "Skeleton king"... wow, how cheesy), simplistic (they've scrapped the whole stat and skill system, and in fact, all LOGIC behind choosing skills instead you'll just choose and construct a "role" or animations). It IS simply dumbed-down both artisticly and stat-wise.

Ok, whoever enjoys MMO's (and Blizzard's oh-so-inspirational WoW in particular), you can be delighted by this game. But it is nowhere near art as opposed to originals.

Not to mention that the originals were SINGLE-PLAYER GAMES, that actually ALLOWED playing the game. Whereas this iteration throws other players in your game, without you having any intention of playing with them (not to mention the damned DRM). And on top of all, this MULTIPLAYER game does not allow for competitive multiplayer nor LAN.

This Diablo 3 can go to Pandaria, as much as I am concerned.
  59. May 27, 2013
    What the heck is this? Blizzard just lost all respect I had for them. I have always been a huge D1 and D2 fan and played the crap out of them: D3 is a letdown. #1: persistently online; it lags and you can't play it without internet. Worse you can get hacked and will receive constant spam to buy money. #2 first two acts are carbon copy of D2, second two are super bland and lame. #3 no creative leveling at all. No "points" #4 witch doctor replaced the necro? really? #5 real money auction house is a joke and shouldn't be in any game, ever. Really just a total piece of crap. All they have done is upgrade the graphics, which really aren't that good, and screw up what they already had with online stuff. Should be called Diablo 2.5. Next time Blizzard, think about what you're doing. Expand
  60. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the least deserving game to get a low user score I have ever seen. The truth is a lot of the reviewers are simply cult fanatics who grew up with the prequels and have too many complaints because they're too edgy to be satisfied by any follow ups. DRM is acceptable the only people who complain about that are people who want to pirate the game instead of having to dip into funds their parents won't let them have. In truth Diablo 3 is a fantastic game with an inspired artistic style. While it is true that the story cannot be appreciated after repeating every difficulty mode, this reviewer reckons the true fun isn't to be had until one invests in their op legendary gear and starts farming Inferno (10). The truth is the game isn't meant to be soloable at this level because there is a huge dependency on class ability diversity when fighting elite mobs. The story line is brilliant and the real-time rendering of the cinematic cutscenes lives up to Blizzards standards set by the WoW franchise. As little as a user score matters in what is probably one of the most overcritical, insatiable demographics, I must say that Blizzard have barely deserved such treatment when there are much worse games out there receiving better scores simply due to a smaller demographic that doesn't consist of a bunch of whiny little kids.

To the morons who keep complaining about not logging on, there are 3 likely explanations: EIther your internet speed is awful, you pirated the game and you're too stupid to understand what DRM is or you tried to log in during downtime. Regardless, you're a bunch of bloody idiots because you can't review a game that you haven't played just because you're clearly doing something wrong while everyone else is getting on just fine. Seriously, your zeros are worthless!
  61. May 22, 2013
    Probably the worst gaming experience I've had, or should I say let down, in years. Forced online game play. Repetitive unoriginal gameplay. Uninspired graphics. And let's not forget the auction house blizzard money grab. Blizzard is on a downhill slope.
  62. May 22, 2013
    The good: graphics
    The bad: pretty much everything else. itemization is garbage. always online DRM for a single player game is a joke. Their flimsy excuse that it's to stop botters and cheaters is a farce, as the game is rampant with botters/exploiters/duper. 4 player only? 6 skills at a time? designed with console in mind. no skill tree, no character customization, mostly useless
    skills leading to no build diversity. terrible story which you're forced to repeat forever. A supposed ACTION rpg without much action. cooldowns? seriously? This is what happens when you have WoW designers work on the game instead of the original D2 team.

A lot of features of D2 were left out. (jewels, runes, runewords, cubing, secondary weapons etc etc) It's a massive step back in so many ways, and it's pathetic that they couldn't come up with anything new, and have to save old features for an expansion.

The worst problem of all is that the whole game is designed around the rmah, to generate revenue. It is the single most retarded decision they could have made. Having the rmah itself isn't bad. People would have spent money on the game on 3rd party sites anyway. But designing the game and drops based around rmah destroyed the game and any fun factor it could have had. The drop rates are abysmal, and there is no way to really find your own items. The poor itemization means 99.99% of what you find are garbage. Rarely do you find something that can even be sold for a pittance. Even the few good items are garbage without great rolls. It's a loot based game without loot. As many people have said, it should be called "auction house adventures"

a couple of the patches have improved the game a bit, but don't amount to much more than a facelift. until they fix the core issues the game can only be considered terrible.
  63. May 22, 2013
    when the game came out is was lashed at by the millions who bought it due to being quite literally unplayable, and when it is playable it was barely even recognised as the game us fans loved, the combat and levelling up was streamlined the levels where more linear and builds where focused around items more so, although the RMAH was a bad idea without it the game would be much harder to play but other then the initial problems the game is fun.
    combat is fluid and polished
    killing is fun as ****
    looting is as fun as ever
    if you can get past the initial flaws you will like this game.
  64. May 21, 2013
    Im really confused with all the hate with game is getting. I think most people just don't understand that it's an ARPG and is all about the gear grind. That being said, this game is extremely fun and addicting. The game has also been improved with many patches such as monster power and paragon levels. The art design is also fantastic and the attention to detail really shines. The only thing that bothers me a bit as that the replay ability isn't as good as it could have been, even with paragon levels. Expand
  65. May 19, 2013
    This is I believe the worst video game of all time, because of its failure to live up to its potential. The game is just NOT FUN. All your upgrades must come from the auction house or crafting.. boring!!!!!!!!!! Its a boring money pit.
  66. May 19, 2013
    I wrote a 5000 signs review, but I'm editing it down: The good: -Nice graphics -Fluid gameplay The bad: -The story -The items -New item slots that add nothing to the game but graphics -The character offensive skills all being completely dependend on and fully based on weapon damage -Even spells being completely dependent on weapon damage -The taste in my mouth when a hammer with 500 fire damage makes my cold spells stronger simply because it deals more damage than the wand I had before
    -The lack of ANY actual character development beyond the CoD unlock-on-level model
    -Better items being a nonfunctional replacement for character development
    -The cartoony monster affixes (Arcane Sentry, reflect damage, invulnerable minions)
    -The cheesy NPCs
    -The cartoonish and childish style, dialogue and plot
    -All characters are the one and same with different colors of sparkling on their attacks
    -The auction house made necessary to have any fun what so ever
    -The real money auction house giving botters incentive to bot
    -The odds of finding useful items you need without using the auction house
    -Difficulty solely being the grade of your equipment in any given encounter
    -Bosses never drop anything useful
    -Nephalem valor band-aid on the broken spine that it the game's itemization
    -Paragon levels band-aid on the buried corpse that is character development
    -Maps are all small mazes not large open spaces.
    -Maps are not randomly generated.
    -No functional PVP
    -PVP gameplay being displayed in 2010 but scrapped
    -Areas and mechanics in gameplay videos getting scrapped
    -Diablo II and Lord of Destruction gameplay and mechanics getting scrapped in favor of WoW mechanics
    -Diablo II enemies and lore getting completely scrapped in favor of all new enemies
    -The british skeleton archers. Talking. Skeletons. Talking british. SERIOUSLY?!?!?
    -They were WARNED about all of this in the beta OH SO MANY TIMES but did nothing
  67. May 16, 2013
    I'll never understand the negative comments on this game.. its WAY up there as one of the best PC games every made. Complaints about needing an internet connection are about 20 years out of date. Complaints about repetitive game-play miss the point entirely of what is one of the best examples of an ARPG. Its highly polished, very accomplished and extremely mature. Miss it and you'd be nuts.
  68. May 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Worst game ever! Worst game ever! Worst game ever! Worst game ever! Worst game ever! Worst game ever! Worst game ever! Worst game ever! Worst game ever! Expand
  69. May 11, 2013
    Potential was wasted, game is currently destroyed by bots, ah/rmah. PvP is a mockery of the players. Randomness map? no such thing exists. Maybe Expansion will repair this destroyed game. Now waiting for PS3 version. Playing is wasting the time its Pay2Win. Only 3 for initial good impression.
  70. May 10, 2013
    I don't think I need to repeat what the whole internet is saying. Some points for the graphics, cinematics and soundtrack. This game took me to the highest highs and the deepest lows (in a very specific segment of my life, of course): most excitement I ever felt about the launch of a game, then gradually but surely descending to the most disappointment I've ever had from a game. Now I just don't care, uninstalled it. Expand
  71. May 8, 2013
    Just the worst game I ever played in the whole world. The story suck as hell really and gameplay sucks like the story. The graphics.... Every thing just suck in this game (I want my money back).
  72. May 8, 2013
    DO NOT BUY, Waste of money.
    YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.
    Wish I had listened and not wasted my time and money,
    never purchasing anything from Blizzard again.
  73. May 8, 2013
    Game made around the Auction House.
    Made so player could sell other players items for real money and blizz gets a cut.

Worst thing i played in years. And unfortunately i pre-ordered so there's some money i'll never see again.
  74. May 6, 2013
    Initially, this game was quite fun. Maybe it was the fact that I had waited for 4 years constantly checking the news for any indicators on its release date. Pros: Great graphics. Combat feels good Great character animations Fluid combat Negatives: Terrible endgame Lack of 8 player games you can name create yourself like Diablo 2 had Awful gear and droprates No PVP at release big letdown
    No harassment pvp like Diablo 2 had
    No open world PVP like Diablo 2 had

The number one disappointment for me though was the lack of a Diablo feel. The story was laughable. The villains were just ridiculous and cartoony, in a bad way. The music was overly epic and didn't fit the Diablo feel. A lot of the game felt a bit like World of Warcraft. In fact there were even naga type enemies in Act 2. One of them had a laughably awful line, "YOU WILL NOT GET INTO THE AQUEDUCT!" or something along those lines.

Overall, just skip the game if you loved Diablo 1 or 2. If you never played the original Diablo games, this is a pretty average game, but I think everyone expected better from Blizzard.
  75. May 2, 2013
    It wasn't a terrible game. The first play through was actually quite fun. And it had that 'I can't wait to get home so I can keep playing' feeling I loved so much with Diablo II.
    But it did have some serious flaws. I really don't appreciate the have to be online to play feature but I understand it, the real money auction house was a joke, the re-playability was limit and the story was
    kind of sloppy.
    All in all was a good way to kill a week of spare time, but not fantastic.
  76. May 1, 2013
    Although I have found Diablo 3 to be thoroughly enjoyable, I can't deny that I'm somewhat disappointed after such a long wait. Firstly the visuals, despite being pretty, are not really dark enough or befitting of a Diablo title.

I remember playing the first game and being genuinely disturbed by the dank environments, with their low lighting and desaturated sprites. Now it's all too
    polished, clean and bright.

Although it's fun to go back to the old 'point and click/hack and slash' method of yesteryear, one can't help but think that a slightly more intuitive approach to game play could have been implemented.

If you enjoy the Diablo legend, and similar such 'hell on earth' fantasy type affairs, you'll find a definite level of enjoyment here.
  77. Apr 28, 2013
    This review isnt like every other diablo 2 fanboys. this is the truth minus the nostalgia of diablo 2:

first of all, it upsets me that people think they are huge diablo fans and they never even played the first one. the first one had only 3 classes, was harder than diablo 2 and 3 combined and if you died, it was game over, no respawn and no corpse run. diablo 1 was a great game and they
    made diablo 2 easier with improvements that the current generation of games had. thats exactly what blizzard did to diablo 3.

people complain they cant add skill points, well in a lot of multiplayer RPG's today they dont allow that anymore either. people complain about the auction house, but it really adds a feeling of a real community. and the buy to win argument? all i have to say is: buy to win what? this game is primarily a coop game! pvp is now added but its really just for fun. buying something on the auction house DOES NOT break the game.

ive been playing this game since launch and looking back from launch to now, theyve added a lot of content to keep you playing. the game is fun. it has added things that a lot of gamers would expect in a current gen rpg. unfourtanately nostolgia will make many diablo 2 fans cry because all they really want is a remake of diablo 2 with better graphics. so ignore those 0, 1, and 2 reviews.
  78. Apr 27, 2013
    If this was a stand alone game and not a sequel to Diablo 2 it would have got a better score from me. The problem is that it is a sequel to Diablo 2 and I dislike the direction they took in designing this game. On it's surface this might seem like a good sequel but if you dig a little under the surface you find that all the things about Diablo 2 that kept you coming back to play hundreds of hours aren't there.

The loot and gear system is over simplified and annoying. Combine that with the auction house and you get an annoying combination. In Diablo 2 I found my self eager to take down those tough bosses on nightmare and hell mode too see what loot would drop from them. In Diablo 3 I hate fighting bosses as it's a mostly rewardless experience that can be quite costly. After your first play through on normal bosses won't have good loot drops. You get most of your loot from killing randomly spawn champion or unique enemies. This might be okay if the loot I got was worth a damn but it too is flawed. In Diablo 3 you only care about two stats. Your primary stat (intelligence for wizard or strength for barbarian, ect...) which determines how much damage you do and vitality which determines how much health you have. You can focus of the other ones but it's mostly a waste time as the gains aren't worth it. This system makes loot annoying. Here's how my Diablo 3 loot experience usually goes. Go through an act hunting down the champion monsters. Get a rare drop every now and then and the go and identify the drop. At this point a lot of the time the loot doesn't have a good primary stat on it and becomes trash to sell at a vendor. When it does 80%+ of the time it's not your stat and you can at best sell it on the auction house. Even then it's usually still bad as the other stats or damage of the weapon can still be bad. This means that you will have to go to the auction house to get most of your gear in this game and I can't stress enough how unfulfilling it is to get gear that way. In Diablo 2 I felt like I was on a quest to get to the end of the dungeon which probably had epic loot which would spill forth upon slaying the difficult boss at end. In Diablo 3 I feel like I'm working a steady job to make money so I can afford my gear upgrades which I purchase from a store. Figuring out which gear to use isn't even that fun. It boils down to those two stats I mentioned earlier and in the case of a weapon you check it's dps.

The actual click fest murdering monsters as you work your way through the game is good for the genre but that alone is not what makes games in this genre fun in the first place. The skill system and combat are both good but not nearly enough to save this game. The story is good and the cg is top notch for the cut scenes are top notch but it's not enough to save this game. I can't recommend you buy this game if you are looking for a good sequel to Diablo 2. The content I see is good enough for one play through on normal at best. Also as a side note, where is our promised pvp? My bet is that they hid it in the coming expansion which you will have to pay for.

Goods
    Combat is fun
    Graphics are shiny(the game looks nice)
    Cinematics are top notch

Bad
    Loot/Gear systems is broken and not fun
    Auction house It's a break in my gameplay, not fun and makes the game feel like a job
    Missing promised features Where's my pvp?
    Drop system further makes loot not fun Bosses don't drop loot after normal

Conclusion: If you liked Diablo 2 and are looking for more of the same, don't play this game. Titan Quest or Torchlight 2 are much better options for lovers of Diablo 2 than this game.
  79. Apr 26, 2013
    i bought that game on pre-sale, played it about 3/4 weeks and never open ir again. Why? Diablo 3 spotted the Diablo brand. Shame on you Blizzard, i was your fan. Why make the system too simplistic? Diablo 3 spell system is designed for a kid.

The auction system has complete destroyed the entire game. The campaign are so quickly and repetitive.
  80. Apr 25, 2013
    This game does not feel like a Diablo game at all. There's no end game, drop rates are so low, no diversity, no PVP, nothing to play besides farming one act mindlessly, patches progress are just way too slow. It does not feel like Blizzard is putting their resources into this game.
  81. Apr 24, 2013
    The game is a soulless version of what it was supposed to be. This is not Diablo 3, this is a sham. Maybe it was never supposed to happen? Maybe it was dead all along and that is okay, what was given was glorious in its day and it will always have that place in history. Let Diablo die one final time, lay it to rest and say goodbye.
  82. Apr 23, 2013
    It's probably been said in the hundreds of reviews this is not a Diablo game. In fact, if it was not named "Diablo", this would make a great 10 buck arcade game. If that was the case, I would give it a direct 5 star rating. But now I'm grading this game according to the expectations that it set and how it compares to its great predecessor. Lets see the pros and cons:

Pros:
    - Beautiful
    animations and effects
    - Fantastic sound (with the right headphones it is truly a blast)
    - Improved inventory management and storage
    - Auction house makes it easier to trade....you don't need to stay in a "trade" game for hours to sell/buy stuff

Cons:
    - Visuals do not match the Diablo universe it too colorful and childish, nothing like the dark tones in Diablo 1 and 2
    - Being able to change skills on the fly, and no attributes distribution, is interesting but it feels like you don't invest anything in your character (aka very limited personalization). I would rather prefer a skill tree system like in Diablo 2, but with the option to reset your skills for a small cost.
    - Itemization, which was the core of the previous games, is simply WRONG! Finding a really good item, worth keeping or selling is very hard, the legendary items are 95% of the time rubbish, the scaling is ridiculous there is nothing worth keeping for more than few levels, because at level 60 even the blue items are far superior to the level 55 legendaries.
    - Real money auctions make the game P2W (pay to win)
    - The crafting system is bad the randomization of the stats and the high crafting costs, means that you end up spending a lot more money to craft something useful, than by buying it from AH
    - There are no rune words, imbuing, socketing, jewels, horadric crafting, etc.....
    - The story is simple and anti-climatic and characters are dull and annoying. The mercs are totally useless on the high levels
    - Last but not least, the constant online requirement is frustrating...

So if you are wondering whether to buy this or not......if you are not a diablo hardcore fan keep wondering until the price drops to 10 pounds, at the current price it is not worth it. If you are a fan, better wait for Torchlight 2.
  83. Apr 17, 2013
    DEAR BLIZZARD: GET RID OF (your greed) THE AUCTION HOUSE & FIX THE DROP RATES. This game is like one of those claw machines you keep pumping quarters in. Only the quarters are my completely unrewarding hours of gameplay and my initial 60$ f*cking dollars. As if being level 60 isn't enough; you have Neph Valor (5) and a grind system to paragon "100". Blizzard: "Keep getting more magic find, guys! You'll get good drops eventually. In the meantime-- go buy gold from the AH to build yourself a Hellfire Ring." If I wiped out even HALF the amount of mobs that I do in this game in D2, I would have legendary gear for 6 different characters by now. The 'designs' for the blacksmith that drop aren't even a different, distinct color; so I don't even feel remotely rewarded for finding THOSE. Especially when I look at how much it costs to MAKE the damn thing. Oh, and then there's top-tier gems and the hellfire ring. WHERE THE HELL am I going to make enough (in-game) cash to afford ANY of that with the cost of repairs? So what do we do? Turn to your fu*king AH to sell But guess what? Nobody wants to BUY what I've found, because it's bull****. Even the legendary items, (that I find MAYBE once every 15 hours). Blizzard's greed is showing, and it's ruined this beautiful game. This perpetual "carrot on a stick" you feed the public is disgusting. I feel sorry for the developers. Anyone that has spent (real) cash in the AH should feel ashamed of themselves. Expand
  84. Apr 15, 2013
    I will start by saying that I have been a fan of the series and just Blizzard in general for quite some time (2002). I never was able to get my hands on the first installment but played the second all the time at a friends house and was infatuated with it. Needless to say I was quite ecstatic when Diablo III was announced along with the rest the die hard fans and PC gaming community as a whole (I mean come on, it's Diablo, everybody was pumped). Now here is where I will be brief for the sake of being succinct; I do not even begin to the fathom the reason of the negativity. Diablo III is more than a solid game, it is a worthy successor to iterations past and continues Blizzard's legacy of impeccable game design. It is game designed so meticulously and with attention to detail that it warrants nothing less than praise from the sound design, to the visuals, the feel of each class, and most of all the loot system. I don't see how you can a more accessible but still fundamentally deep game that plays as well as Diablo III. Sure, one could argue the story is a little melodramatic and that the DRM thing is a little annoying (especially given the game's shaky launch) and the the auction house detracts from the end game...but here is the thing, this is Blizzard. What do I mean by that? Blizzard is a company committed to it's games and fans they will release patches, the game will get increasingly better. This not only has happened (introduction of the Hellfire Ring, Monster Power, and Paragon) but will continue to happen (PvP, Matchmaking, More End game questing). I think ultimately the community is griping because of server side issues and a system that can be completely ignored (the Auction House). Enjoy the Diablo III for what it is: a damn good and addictive hack and slash role playing game. Expand
  85. Apr 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Biggest game disappointment in my life. The most fun I had playing this game was chatting with people while playing, the game is so bad it has more value of a chat room than a game. After 6 hours I wasn't having fun anymore, tried to give it a chance to 12 hours before giving out. The only thing I was impressed with was the seamless exit and retry from the auction house to the game. Too many negatives to list off, so I'll just hit the low points, the games graphics, style and control are archaic they belong in the past 10 years ago so lets start with that. The auction house ruins the joy of finding loot. O yes and the fact I per-ordered my $60 game and couldn't play for the first week. Ok I can't waste anymore of my life on Diablo 3 this review is over!!! Expand
  86. Apr 13, 2013
    Ridiculously terrible and sad game. Biggest disappointment of a decade. The only good thing about this game is nice art in game. The bad is no randomly generated maps, server down time, ping problems, end game is pay to win this list an go on and on. Also, dumbed down game play due to being ported for consoles doesn't do any good to the game either. Even though most people did already I suggest that you do not waste your money on this game. Expand
  87. Apr 11, 2013
    This rating is not based in DRM. Is based in gameplay.... the worst gameplay ever. A point and kill game. I dont know why people can say it has "good graphics". Come on, pixeled characters?, fuzzy grass? shadow trees? Nothing has good resolution or detail or style (and yes, Im playing it in the Highest detail with 3GB in VRAM) Repetitive as hell, you have seen everything in the first 30 minutes. Since then, just point and kill. A Well deserved 0 for this "game". Expand
  88. Apr 9, 2013
    I have to update my review. Months after release and playing more than 200 hours as well as trying out the other Action RPG competitors, I am glad the direction that Diablo went in. Compared to the previous installment, they did streamline the game to not feel so "nuts and bolts." There are some things that this allows and prohibits. The one major downfall is that every character levels up the same. This limits the dynamics of the characters. Once you have a Barbarian or Demon Hunter already created, creating another is superfluous. However, it allows for a focus on skills and skill selection. Also, there are options to test different builds to one you like. Attributes are automatically distributed when you level, so the game becomes a little more results based.

The drop rates are way better than months ago and Inferno difficulty is manageable than there were even 6 months ago.

Multiplayer can be fun and as time went on, there are more options for those that don't participate. Patch 1.08 will enhance the benefits of multiplayer more.

The RMAH was a bad idea and is now recognized as a bad idea by Blizzard. The auction house can be nice sometimes to open up different options. There is a sense of community that I don't see with the competitors with the online DRM, auction house, multiplayer etc. that I like, but most find these to be the greatest detriments to the game or the areas that need the most improvement.

Unlike many games, this game is continually updated and revised. I've put countless hours into this game. It is a wonderful value since it requires no additional costs.
  89. Apr 5, 2013
    A Masterpiece of Art, uplifting Mythology, sound, mystery, etc. I LOVE IT NOW PLAYING INFERNO LEVEL. Will play again and again to better understand the mythology and relationships of the STORY which many gamers don't know how to follow.
  90. Apr 4, 2013
    I waited for over seven years for this after playing Diablo 2, I had so high expectations for this but it didn't live up to it. The level up system and the atmosphere wasn't the same and it lacks replayability and the worst was the launch and the "must have internet connection" problem. But it still manages to be a good game.
  91. Apr 1, 2013
    Don't waste 60 bucks on this game, it is not worth it. Aside from DRM, the auction house and all that jazz the game just sucks. A lot of the story feels disjointed and out of place, as if they had all kinds of content and needed a way to mush it all together.
  92. Apr 1, 2013
    Blizzard's really doing a great job in the game, as well as improving it.
    My friends and I still play this game on a very regular basis, and we'll say it's pretty awesome.
    Kudos to Blizzard.
  93. Mar 31, 2013
    After growing up playing Diablo II, and loving it, there simply aren't words for my disappointment playing Diablo III. Everything that could go wrong, did. Diablo II, although its graphics dated, was gruesome and dark. Diablo III looks like a World of Warcraft graphical clone. The in-game shop and auction house, requirement to be connected to the internet, and just general "feel" of the game left MUCH to be desired. Also, my account was banned for someone in China hacking it for in game gold. Good riddance... Expand
  94. Mar 27, 2013
    The game is just plain boring. There is no skill tree, no stats. All classes uses the same stats dps) from itens. Story line sucks, i mean, Leah, really????
  95. Mar 20, 2013
    A game with potential, colourful graphics and cartoony action pack game brings you the fastest selling game of all time. Diablo 3, with its all the time action requires all the time lagging with DRM connection. Play up the 4 players which was a decrease from Diablo 2. Get the best gear from looting or have a better chance of throwing your old weapons and gears away from the Auction House. Very predictable storyline with annoying characters as they guide you through Diablo 3. An attempt of shocking ending makes players want to face palm themselves because Blizzard was trying too hard on making a predictable plot twist. DIABLO 3 brought to you by BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT. Expand
  96. Mar 20, 2013
    This isnt a game, its a cashcow. Pretty disgusting because Diablo II was great. Go to hell ActiBlizz
    Nasty DRM politic, casualized gameplay, everything else is bad, Im very dissapointed.
  97. Mar 18, 2013
    on 12 yeras them make same game :S how can people accept that? I dont buy "next" diablo beacuse them sell bad games for full price better buy torchlight 2
  98. Mar 16, 2013
    The gameplay, while amusing the first time through, isn't good or varied enough to warrant repeat playthroughs, which definitely hurt a game that is about loot grinding. No randomization, and an absolutely broken launch also brought this one down. Things are smoothed out now server-wise, and they've dragged the game up out of the gutter with the inclusion of a new secondary leveling system, but it's still 'tacked-on' feeling. They still have a way to go before this becomes something that keeps people playing. Expand
  99. Mar 14, 2013
    First of all i would like to state that i have played this game for 1000 hours. I think you should question my score of 1/10 after 1000 hours of play and would say that why did you play it for 1000 hours then? Well let me explain I never used RMAH while most of my friends used RMAH and spent a great deal of money to really enjoy the game i chose the the other way played to save gold and loot good items. Never found a good item with the chance of 1/1000000 of course that gave me the ambition and i played more and nothing good...Damn WTF! Cons: -Always online RDM and if you live in 3rd world you *ucked up -No skill tree, leveling is not that much important if you have the money The game is limited to play with 1, 2, 3, 4 which than clearly being verified that this game is made for console! Very little chance to find an item usefeul which is designed on purpose that you have have to use AH&RMAH Simplfied crippled game mechanics short game play, bad plot Meaningless mindless absurd quests! bad graphics bad music (imo) PVP is a joke in the end game you end up with only 3 short maps of Act3 which is called Alkaizer run.

To sum up if the title is Diablo 3 i will give it 1/10 this game is sacrificed to console industry. And i hate the system of RMAH i will never buy a game consisting pay to win system
  100. Mar 13, 2013
    Dull and repetitive, even the carbon copy storyline fails to give anything new. With each level it's only really the graphics that change. I won't even start on the always on-line requirement. AVOID.
  101. Dec 29, 2012
    The barbarian merchant in Act 3 has told every player the truth: not enough profit, too much pain!

First, Diablo series is definitely loot-hunting games. The fun of playing Diablo games comes from a loop: to hunt greater loots ---> the loots make the heroes the players control become more powerful ---> to challenge more powerful enemies ---> the more powerful enemies drops even greater
    loots.

Diablo2 did perfect on the loop. How much time you spend on hunting loots, how many good loots you get. Every minute you spend on this game is worth it.

And then look at Diablo3, my friends and I have respectively spent more than 200 hours on Inferno Difficulty, but get no useful loots during such a long gaming time. Then I went to some game forums, and confirmed that my friends and I were not special cases.

I know that very few players can get great loots, but that's completely based on luck, not about gaming skills/time. Even the few lucky players also can't hunt all gears on their character's body, which means, AH/RMAH is a must. And the terrible loot drop rate has raised the prices in AH to a ridiculous level that most players can't afford it by only picking up golds in the game.

So, offline gold trade/AH merchant is the efficient way to power up. Loot-hunting now is a joke.

Can Diablo3 be called a "Diablo" game if loot-hunting is useless in-game?

1. Aug 31, 2012