Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Mar 14, 2017
    As a Diablo series lover, when I see a title named '' Diablo '' I always have a positive feeling.
    Diablo III is not as good as Diablo II or the original Diablo, Blizzard did a lot of mistakes and didn't release new content or even new items for a long period of time making the game's hardcore funs angry as there is nothing new and it's the same and the same stuff.
    Diablo III seems that
    Diablo III seems that doesn't make enough profit for the company as OverWatch or Heroes of the Storm. It seems they took a multiplayer/esports direction and it doesn't feel like the old Blizzard for sure.
    They will be adding a new class to the game, the Diablo II, Necromancer, and it takes for them almost 1 year ...
    Can't give a negative review as I respect Diablo series, but Blizzard is ignoring this title.
  2. Dec 3, 2016
    Jesszus, de sok negatív kritika. Nem tudom, nekem nem volt vele semmi bajom, bár nem tartozom a hardcore Diabló fanok közé. Szódával elment és várom az első résszel felújított változatot!
  3. Oct 31, 2016
    Ok i finished this game and while I didn't get off to a good start and gave it a low score, I'm going to raise it because it's actually not that bad (now, after all the patches and changes to the game). Right off the bat if you want any challenge at all, you should crank up the difficulty to torment 1 atleast. The game is stupidly easy on anything lower. They got rid of a lot of thingsOk i finished this game and while I didn't get off to a good start and gave it a low score, I'm going to raise it because it's actually not that bad (now, after all the patches and changes to the game). Right off the bat if you want any challenge at all, you should crank up the difficulty to torment 1 atleast. The game is stupidly easy on anything lower. They got rid of a lot of things which made diablo 2 great, but they did put in other gameplay mechanics which are pretty good too. Anyway it's highly addictive so beware :) It has tons of replay value. Expand
  4. Aug 12, 2016
    Look at the date of the negative reviews. This game certainly had issues when it launched, but with the expansion and a ton of patches with new content the game has actually become quite good. 6 different unique classes to play with, tons of cool gear that changes how abilities work, and much more end game content made Diablo 3 able to take the number 1 spot as the worlds best farming simulator.
  5. Aug 7, 2016
    I have never get into D3 end game content, it is just not enough to get me hooked in. But the story and gameplay of D3 are quite good. I think D3 is pretty good game but it is not for everyone. If you like graphics of D3 and like toon of farming, have friends to play with I believe you can fully enjoy it. If you dont like farming like me, I think you can still enjoy the main story of theI have never get into D3 end game content, it is just not enough to get me hooked in. But the story and gameplay of D3 are quite good. I think D3 is pretty good game but it is not for everyone. If you like graphics of D3 and like toon of farming, have friends to play with I believe you can fully enjoy it. If you dont like farming like me, I think you can still enjoy the main story of the game and maybe even a little bit of end game content.

Graphic - 8
    Gameplay - 7
    Lasting Appeal - 5
    Execution - 7

Overall - 6,75
  6. Mar 27, 2016
    Disappointing is the word. 10 years waiting after the release of Diablo II and we get a game with terrible story-line, terrible characters, terrible classes and talent/skill system, it's boring to level up and the Acts are no interesting at all, no pvp at all even 4 years after release... Honestly, even if this game is 10 years newer, Diablo II is 10 times better.

With that said, this

With that said, this isn't a completely terrible game. It's a Blizzard game and thus there's a lot of work into it and you can feel that in the cutscenes, the music, the ambientation, and keeps the essence of hack and slash and slaying monsters in huge groups and the controls are quite nice, it would be an ok game if it wasn't named Diablo, but it is just so disappointing to the saga involving in this way after how good Diablo I and Diablo II were.
  7. Feb 29, 2016
    I could give this game a 10 because I've been playing it so much lately and Blizzard somehow managed to make the endless grinding of this game less painful than ever before. But ... 5 minutes ago I was playing a Great Rift and I just had my session disconnected in it's last seconds, meaning that for the 20th time I've lost my progression, my exp bonus pool streak, and a Great RiftI could give this game a 10 because I've been playing it so much lately and Blizzard somehow managed to make the endless grinding of this game less painful than ever before. But ... 5 minutes ago I was playing a Great Rift and I just had my session disconnected in it's last seconds, meaning that for the 20th time I've lost my progression, my exp bonus pool streak, and a Great Rift keystone. That makes me want to give it a 0 score.

This introduction pretty much sums up my experience with this game and how it can be extremely frustrating at times, but can be enjoyable as well.

Pros:
    - Super modern gameplay. Some may argue but I think Blizzard makes the most smart combat systems on the market. And Diablo is probably the best of them. The gameplay is fast, and brutal. There's many builds to choose from in many classes and they finally are getting them to decent balance. This is definitely the strongest point of this game.

- Also, after many patches and updates, Blizzard finally found a enjoyable endgame mechanic. You play bounties to farm gear and craft materials. You play Rifts for Greater Rift keys also gear farm. And you play Greater Rift's to test your character progression and compare them to other players through Leaderboards and also to Level Up the almost infinite Paragon Levels. It's a funny cycle that can be tiresome after so many hours, but I've been playing this game a lot in this 5th Season. It's a sign that it is getting better and better. Somehow the gears feels easier to farm, I got the sets for my character build much faster then ever before so I could try all of them and choose what to use. In previous seasons It took me a lot more time and I got tired even before I could complete a decent set.

Cons
    - The story is horrible and terribly cheesy. The only character worth mentioning is the Scoundrel;
    - The art style is nice but I think it's too colorful for a game about demons. I wish the atmosphere were darker.

- I know it adds to the gameplay lifecycle, but I wish the game wouldn't depend on RNG so much. It's OK to have space to different item and affixes rolls but I'm sure they could've coded a smarter way to make it less frustrating. Today, to find an usable item you have to hope for a legendary, then hope for it to be the kind you need (set), then hope for 5 out of 6 affixes to be what you need, then hope to all affixes to roll good numbers, and then hope for the item to be Ancient, because regular items are useless (especially now that you can only enhance Ancient items with Caldean Cube). That's a lot of hope for a single item. Now multiply that for 13 pieces of equipment. Now you know why the endgame of this game is infinite. You'll can play this game for the rest of your life and you probably won't ever see a perfect item.

- Sometimes the rotation of random maps in rifts are pretty annoying. I know this should be RNG doing, but have this feeling that the game favors stupid Act 5 maps. I almost never see other maps that I like. It could be my imagination, but I've been playing a lot and I rarely see those Act 1 or 2 big open areas.

- The endgame EXP grinding was designed to be performed in groups, but playing in group can be a pain for people too far away from each other, because internet connection. That forces you to play with a limited number of people. Not to mention I like to play by myself. But that's out of the question if I want to be on the Leaderboards. This is bad design. They should separate the Paragon you acquire in group from the solo Leaderboard Great Rifts. I'm not sure how, I'm not a game designer, but the clear focus on group play is broken.

- Which brings me to the worst of all mistakes in Diablo 3: the online aspect. As I mentioned by the start of this review, I get disconnected a lot in this game for no reason, and I often loose precious progression. This is frustrating beyond words. I would never touch a Hardcore character in a game this broken and that makes me forsake a lot of content too (many achievements are Hardcore only and sometimes they unlock goods).
  8. Feb 18, 2016
    I never was a big fan of Diablo or Blizzard in general, but with all the hype surrounding this game I finally decided to give it a try... and I will probably never return to this series again. It was a linear grind fest. The only good thing is the combat, because that's what you're gonna do all the time - clicking your enemies to death, so the developers had to make sure there's enoughI never was a big fan of Diablo or Blizzard in general, but with all the hype surrounding this game I finally decided to give it a try... and I will probably never return to this series again. It was a linear grind fest. The only good thing is the combat, because that's what you're gonna do all the time - clicking your enemies to death, so the developers had to make sure there's enough customizable abilities to not bore you to death after the first hour. The DRM and unnecessary always-online restriction made it feel like it's a wannabe MMO, I'd rather play Path of Exile if I want that. Exploring the maps felt like a chore, the looting is not rewarding most of the time, 75% of interactive objects are empty, there's no pay off for checking every corner. To me Sacred 2 (which came out 4 years before D3) is far better than this. Some fanboys will argue that it's not the same genre, cause S2 has an open world and D3 is a "dungeon crawler" even though everything else works in almost the same way - from camera angle, tons of loot, hordes of enemies, to combat and skills. I won't be playing future Diablo games for sure if they're gonna stick to this formula of randomly generated areas, **** all your progress on the map if you quit the game" and "always be logged in online to play a singleplayer". What year is this? Expand
  9. Feb 10, 2016
    its not as bad as people state it is. but its also not a good game. its the easiest 5/10 to give to a game.
    it has improved a lot lately. but still a 5/10 nothing more , nothing less.
  10. Nov 12, 2015
    The only way to understand what's wrong with Diablo 3 is to play Diablo 1 and 2.

For its time Diablo 1 was a revolutionary game that came to define the hack-n-slash-RPG. What many seem to forget however is that what held the game up was its story and character progression. You arrived in Tristram as a lowly adventurer, and not like in Diablo 3 as a cocky seen-it-all. There really is

You arrived in Tristram as a lowly adventurer, and not like in Diablo 3 as a cocky seen-it-all. There really is something to be said for starting out at the bottom and working your way up.

In Diablo 1 our adventurous explorer always felt in over his head as he delved deeper into the hidden catacombs below the church. He never mocked the evil he was up against, he realized he was a simple human taking on the forces of hell. Which isn't something to be sneezed at.

In Diablo 3 you always feel "all powerful" and it just takes the joy out of the game for me. For me Diablo 3's story falls flat on this single reason alone, if our hero does not fear Hell why should I?

Then there's the fact that the story is mass market trash designed to hit you over the head with a sledgehammer. Main story characters will die, others will betray you. It's like a bad soap opera and designed to force you as a player to feel something. Sometimes it works but most of the time it's just over the top ridiculous and insulting.

Diablo 2 was a vastly different game than Diablo 2, a real hack-n-slash instead of a hack-n-slash-RPG. But even so I think I actually preferred the story in Diablo 2, it had a quieter and less forceful way of progressing the story.

I will admit that I enjoyed Diablo 3 in Act 1, 2 & 3 - but then it fell apart completely for me in Act 4. What was done with the story and gameplay there was simply to forceful for my liking.

I like to take my time, explore, enjoy the story, read the lore and soak up the surroundings. But those elements of the game just went completely out the window towards the end of Diablo 3.

I will also blame the game for this:

1. Act 4 doesn't feel like Act 4, feels more like a big end game level.

2. I think the replay value is servery hurt by the story being so heavy-handed in Act 4. I can't see myself having fun replaying that.

3. Main story characters are killed and there is no explanation of what happened to them. I smell cash-cow-milking and expansion. Come on - a game is suppose to stand on it's own merit. If it's great we'll buy the expansion, but now I'm not so sure.

4. This may be a personal thing but I still prefer it the way Diablo 1 was. That is - once a level has spawned it stays that way and doesn't change. I prefer my explored maps to remain explored and I prefer my slain enemies to remain dead. Until you go to the next difficulty of course. Then it may change.
  11. Oct 23, 2015
    Matar, matar, matar, matar... Y matar? No tiene mucho más, las recompensas vienen solas y la campaña no tiene prácticamente sentido a no ser que te hayas pasado el juego de hace muchos años ya... Y la única rejugabilidad que tiene, es pasártelo con más nivel, y si no tienes internet amigo mío... Me da que no juegas!
  12. Sep 1, 2015
    I never saw a Linear Story Line as Much as Diablo III, This Sequel is made to sell only, Blizzard Forgot that they should design an Enjoying Game, Making a Single Player game requires Internet 100% of time is a huge rip off,
  13. Jul 23, 2015
    1 step forward, 2 steps back. That's all I can say about this game. I'm a huge Diablo fan, but even after over a year of fixing, this game isn't as good as D2. The whole time I'm playing it, I feel like I'm playing a tablet game that's trying to sell me gold, or berries, or whatever. Heroes of the Storm has more tactical depth. They DID do a few things right. The mini-boss battles1 step forward, 2 steps back. That's all I can say about this game. I'm a huge Diablo fan, but even after over a year of fixing, this game isn't as good as D2. The whole time I'm playing it, I feel like I'm playing a tablet game that's trying to sell me gold, or berries, or whatever. Heroes of the Storm has more tactical depth. They DID do a few things right. The mini-boss battles are more varied and interesting. The monster abilities are cooler. The monster AI is better. The controls are tighter. It's clear that they were trying. It seems like they were on their way to a good game when management stopped them halfway through and asked them to turn it into Candy Crush.

I had all sorts of trepidation when I heard about the real-money auction house. I knew what they would have to turn the game into in order for the AH to be a big money maker. It turns out those fears were true. I hope now that Blizzard is no longer under Vivendi they can go back to making good games rather than running an elaborate online slot machine.
  14. Jul 7, 2015
    A lot of the mistakes with this game have been fixed. Some are still outstanding however. The foremost of these is the draconic use of DRM. Not being able to play even single player durning server maintenance is beyond stupid.
  15. Apr 26, 2015
    "diablo 2 converted to casual audience with enhanced warcraft 3 graphics".

* no option to set strength/vitality/dexterinty/inteligence - AUTOMATIC * no option to set skills - AUTOMATIC * half of items in equipment is "legendary" just after 1st act * no more random levels. you have arrow showing you where to go * super easy. I play D3 first and 3rd difficulty level its so easy. i
    "diablo 2 converted to casual audience with enhanced warcraft 3 graphics".

* no option to set strength/vitality/dexterinty/inteligence - AUTOMATIC
    * no option to set skills - AUTOMATIC
    * half of items in equipment is "legendary" just after 1st act
    * no more random levels. you have arrow showing you where to go
    * super easy. I play D3 first and 3rd difficulty level its so easy. i kill all bosses, enemys, everything with two spells

so basically you dont create character AT ALL, you can only find items, that's it

In D2 everyone had to read various character builds, guides, save skills up to level 30 and many more.

And in D3 everything is dumbed down completely. D2 also had great replayability value as HUGE levels was randomly generated. Now levels are same and ultra samll.

surely Diablo 3 still nice game but its not really Diablo anymore.

+ not bad graphics + sound, translation, story - dumbed down for casual to obvilion
  16. Mar 18, 2015
    It's not as terrible as its reputation for fan-boy rage might suggest, but it's not up to par either. It's merely mediocre. If that's good enough for you, then go hog wild. If not, there are way better games out there to waste your money on.
  17. Jan 11, 2015
    Wizards and monks can use same weapons and armor as Barb but barb can't use ranged weapons, wands or staffs. In both my groups the barb has become pointless due to overpowering wizard using spear and shield and monk using some sort of polearm coupled with his skills. My barb can't keep up even using a two handed weapon. Doesn't make any sense that the barb is limited while the others areWizards and monks can use same weapons and armor as Barb but barb can't use ranged weapons, wands or staffs. In both my groups the barb has become pointless due to overpowering wizard using spear and shield and monk using some sort of polearm coupled with his skills. My barb can't keep up even using a two handed weapon. Doesn't make any sense that the barb is limited while the others are not in their weapon and armor choices. Who ever heard of a wizard using a shield? I'm sure this is a good game overall but I can't see past the unfairness to the barbarian. If I wasn't committed to two groups right now I probably would stop playing. Couple this with the fact I can't play without an internet connection and this feels like a waste of money. Expand
  18. Dec 16, 2014
    Unfortunately bears little resemblence to Diablo 1 & 2 in concept and execution beneath the glossy surface. What Diablo 3 has going for it, is the fluid and enjoyable combat dynamics, but what's against it is tremendous.

It launched with an Auction House that made it a glorified trading simulator with an Action RPG backend. The Auction House was removed at a point when many had already lost interest in the game, and we were left with a linear, repetitive storyline and a game that needed massive and regular rebalancing, leading me to wonder what Blizzard did all those (10!) years this game was in development?

Beyond the game balance issues, the item issues (a cornerstone to this kind of game), it had a very simple character attribute system put in the game's control, so you had few ways to influence the way your character developed beyond the gear. This made the game become extremely gear focused and dependant -- even a fireball skill would depend on how much damage an equipped axe would do! Completely defying logic.

Most concering of all, was that the original games suffered from none of these issues, and they were likely the result of a game development team having more experience from MMO games and World of Warcraft, than hardcore Diablo gaming.

In short, it looks like a Diablo, but it doesn't play much like one.

The lead game director was later pulled from this project, and a glimmer of hope was lit in its expansion: Reaper of Souls. Unfortunately, few of the redeeming qualities in that expansion (Adventure Mode, the Rift system) trickled down to this poor humpbacked game.
  19. Dec 12, 2014
    If you're a fan of the old games, this will let you down in virtually every way. It's not the classic RPG you know, it's a hack 'n slash. The replayability could be better and the content could definitely be broader considering the amount of time they had to make it. To the credit of all the people crushing this game with negative votes, they have a point if you're a fan of D1 & D2.If you're a fan of the old games, this will let you down in virtually every way. It's not the classic RPG you know, it's a hack 'n slash. The replayability could be better and the content could definitely be broader considering the amount of time they had to make it. To the credit of all the people crushing this game with negative votes, they have a point if you're a fan of D1 & D2.

That being said, this game by itself, without thinking about its forefathers and the style of play they brought to the table, it's not a bad game to play with a bunch of friends that you want to just beat mobs up with and raid dungeons for the #loots. People tend to get on a bandwagon for only one line of thought when it comes to these types of games. The older generation of gamers that played Diablo in the 90s are definitely entitled to ask Blizzard why they would deviate from the recipe of what makes Diablo what it is, but Diablo 3 takes a different turn that players can still enjoy.

I say all this because I don't want people to jump on Metacritic and immediately throw away the thought of getting the game altogether. If I'm to be perfectly honest, I wasn't around to appreciate D1. I was there for a little bit of D2, but when D3 came out, only my older cousins who were diehard Diablo fans had sh*t to talk. I enjoyed and still enjoy to play with my friends in cooperative kickassery of the demon population in whatever randomized dungeon we may encounter on whatever difficulty we may play in however many ways we get royally f*cked and make no mistake, this game can kick your @$$ if you don't know what you're doing. But regardless of what you may see on here, there is still potential for fun to be had regardless of the lack of respect for past games.

All I'm asking you, reader, is to try the game out for free yourself and see what you think. Don't let your mind be clouded by the reviews made by the previous generation. You can still play Diablo for 3 up until level 15 for free with the Starter Edition if I'm correct and you can experience a bit of the game yourself. If you don't like it, no one would blame you. But I urge you not to jump on the bandwagon of reviews that are based on OTHER games and not this one without having had the chance to try it yourself.

Personal Rating: 7/10

Pros:
    Lots of fun with friends (if you don't have a Debbie Downer who's nostalgic about D1 & D2)
    Dungeons are pretty well randomized
    #madlootz
    Story is a little predictable but still enjoyable (It's about the eternal conflict of Angels and Demons, 90s gamers, I don't know why you want your mind blown. It's an epic not Inception.)
    Higher difficulty levels bring loads of challenge to less skilled players

Cons:
    If you're nostalgic, chances are you won't like it
    Character customization can be a little linear and it can be easy to pick out the best abilities
    Not really an RPG it's a Hack 'n Slash
    Online play is required
    You could be spending your time playing other games
  20. Dec 10, 2014
    A shadow of its predecessors. It's not terrible and the recent expansion/patch does a lot to rectify what was originally wrong with it, but it's still not what I was hoping for as a fan of 1 and 2.

Try out the brilliant Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile instead - both of which are superior to this letdown.

Jimbo Rating: 6/10
  21. Nov 27, 2014
    The bosses are alright, the itemization is awful, the story is pitiful, the combat is click-click-clicky, and there is no necromancer.

Played for a good while with friends, but it just doesn't have the staying power of Diablo 2. The thing that I probably hate the most is the rage timers. I fondly remember being decimated by some insane, immune to everything, group of hellbeasts on my way to Diablo in hell difficulty and spending the next hour and a half with friends trying to teleport in and out of the Act in a desperate attempt to recover bodies, find gold to repair equipment, and resurrect mercenaries. Yes, it took forever, and it seemed completely broken, but the ability to strive on and not have your way you play dictated to you by the game with silly things like arbitrary timers was one of the fun things about Diablo 2.

22. Oct 17, 2014
    Its hard to give fair score to this game, but ill do my best. First of all, I bought it to have some fun and earn some cash. At start the game wasnt as good as i thought, but the ah aspect was quite ok, and i got my money back (for the game and the laptop i bought to play it so + for that aspect).
    Graphics - quite nice, run on a fine engine, it took some time for me to accept a bit less climatic enviroments and a bit uninspired settings but overall strong 7/10.
    Audio - sounds/voice acting are top notch (10/10) but music is waaay worse than the first diablo (id give it 1/10 - cant remember even one theme). So id be 6/10.
    And finally lets get to gameplay - its way more dynamic, than previous settlements but its also dumbed down. No matter how hard blizzard tries to change ballance, You alway search for items witch 1-2 specific bonuses (like attack speed, critical hit chance/damage). ITS JUST BORING. In previous DIABLO You had way more options to build Your characters, now You must do it this one specific way or Your avatar will just suck compared to the ones using "best build". Its just plain bad concept. The problem is, this was made to cash in from auction house which was fine option but now it is removed so we got really broken product.
    To sum things up: gameplay is quite addicting but overall You fell like playing unfinished product and for that it misses perfect score by a mile.
    VERDICT: Good game, but it seems after years of draining cash from WOW fans Blizzard lost its touch. 7/10
  23. Oct 11, 2014
    This game was ... Good. But (and lets all be honest with ourselves) it could never live up to the Hype. Unfortunately it didn't even live up to other games in the Genre. Torchlight 2 at launch had game play elements and abilities that were only recently added in patches 2.5 years after launch. Diablo 3 only trumps Torchlight 2 on graphics and cut scene/story quality...

If you are a die

If you are a die hard dungeon crawler fan, this game isn't bad... now (2.5 years later)... but if you are looking to get into dungeon crawlers go for Torchlight 2. Cheaper and better.
  24. Aug 5, 2014
    As a huge fan of first 2 Diablo games I bought this the moment it was released and I was basically disappointed on every level. While I finished the game and I enjoyed the ride a bit, it took me 2 days and I never had a feeling I should go through it again, or even try out different classes. I finished first 2 Diablo games like 50 times replayed them to death simply because it was soAs a huge fan of first 2 Diablo games I bought this the moment it was released and I was basically disappointed on every level. While I finished the game and I enjoyed the ride a bit, it took me 2 days and I never had a feeling I should go through it again, or even try out different classes. I finished first 2 Diablo games like 50 times replayed them to death simply because it was so amazing, addictive, fun and just extremely replayable, but Diablo 3 lacks all that magic. I never had an urge to go back and through that again. Maybe it's the kiddie colorful visuals, gone is the darkness of the first Diablo, it kills all the atmosphere and where is that cult music? Diablo had one of the best soundtracks ever created for a videogame and Diablo 2 was also fantastic. I don't remember absolutely anything about the music in Diablo 3, so bland, average and completely forgettable. It seems mostly new team consisting of very different people compared to previous games were responsible for creation of this and it definitely shows. This is leagues worse than previous games from the series. Also, if you add that always-online DRM bs that Blizzard pulled off, you get the urge to go to red numbers with the final score, but I'm trying to stay objective, the game wasn't really all that bad, but it just wasn't even nearly as good as previous Diablo games, not even close. 5/10 Expand
  25. Jul 31, 2014
    After the newest patch and the closure of the auction-house, Diablo 3 is finally playable! (at least when they don't screw with their servers and you are not allowed to play the game you payed for).

The Drop-Rate is ... now more fluid. I don't know if its really better, there are too much golden Items in my opinions and I had a run where I found 3 legendaries in a simple run. Rewarding? Yes, of course but it lessens the worth of it.

The game itself deserves a good 8.0 or at least a 8.5. Its addicting like you would expect and the interactions between the characters (the dialogues) are often nice to hear. THe rest ius common and masterful created addiction for slay and loot.
    The "new" implemented "Paragon-Level" allows you to set your skill-points freely and the rune-Skill-system is still a very nice Idea for switching and testing a mindblowingly number of Skill-Sets!

The music is... unfortunately very forgettable and boring. It sounds like the Soundtrack to a Michael-Bay-Film without the extreme fine nuances and atmosphere-pumping originality of the Diablo 2-Tracks.
    It is even more a regrettable decision by blizzard to implement this trumped-flat-bore-Music-track (that you will hear in every other "big bugdet"-title nowadays), because ALL people I know turned the music down after max 2 weeks. It's a shame that there is no way to implement the great Soundtracks of Diablo 2 or Warcraft (yes, these fit surprisingly well!).

Like I said: The game itself deserves a nice amount of applause. The rest of it - especially the poor support! deserve a hateful middlefinger!
    Direct Support for Connection-Errors, Suggestions or Mod-Support (I know... what where I thinking?) or other simple questions are IMPOSSIBLE to get!
    the "Support"-Site is a Joke, you are always redirected to the forums where other people already opened similar questions and waiting for help until no help arrives and their Topic gets closed! Critical topics are getting deleted of course. In one word: Censorship.

It's sometimes hilarious to watch how the community gets shat in the face and foced to eat the dump, but rages against the people who don't want to get treated like cattle. So, the community and the company are nearly the worst I have met in my entire lifetime (nearly horrid as the CoD-Kiddies).

I am very glad the game was a gift and it didn't cost that much.

Oh wait... did I mention the overprized DLC?! A DLC that is MORE EXPENSIVE than the main-game?!
    Unbelievable!

And the award to the most hostile and greedy Company goes to... EA.. .. I meant: Blizzard!
    **** YOU **** No more money from me!
  26. Jul 14, 2014
    I played this game after the release. The gameplay on the very first run was really addictive. But playing the same runs over and over every time on a more difficult level gets really boring. Another negative point was the in game market. You could buy stuff with real money. So trying to get great gear ingame wasnt rewarding at all. Spending a few bucks was way easier.
  27. Jul 9, 2014
    Good game, but the problem is that it's called "Diablo". Like ARPG is a good game. Internet required and action house is the worst of thus game. The expansion Reaper of Souls saves Diablo III to go hell.
  28. Jun 5, 2014
    Updating my review past all of the changes.
    Finally they did what players wanted. They made the game about loot. It still gets tedious very quickly solo player, but the new Adventure mode is great to play with friends
  29. May 27, 2014
    Review as of May 2014 by a non-fanboy who never played Diablo nor Diablo 2. I think maybe the closest game I've played to this was Dungeon Siege I & II back in the day.

In Diablo 3 you only have 1 AI follower at a time, except if you play with friends, but even then, the gameplay boils down to INFINITE grinding and looting. The different classes have some depth, but you'll eventually find your favourite 4 active skills and 3 passive skills and there's little incentive to change your play style, especially on higher difficulties where you need to be fast and precise and not be burdened by experimenting around. Nevertheless, the combat is ok, the 4 active skills you can choose at a time (from a wider offer which you keep unlocking as you level up) provide some strategy opportunity, but really it comes down to either you can kill the monsters or you need to escape and lower the game difficulty. The different locations are really not particularly interesting, and the progress through them is very linear. The story and its presentation is SHOCKINGLY poor! It's basically a poor excuse to allow to unlock new paths (always very linear, btw) and keep progressing. Progressing? I should say keep grinding and looting. And the allure of looting better stuff can only motivate you so much.

There is not much lore, interesting side quests, characters or really RPG elements other than combat stats. If you expect an adventure with an interesting story and characters, you'll find none of this, I fear. Instead, this boils down to infinite grinding of monsters. Even if you play with friends, which I haven't, I don't know that you'll get much out of it other than keep grinding to get loot in order to keep grinding and keep getting loot... Frankly, I finished the single player out of spite for the money I spent, which was not a cheap amount... I was not left with good memories.
  30. May 18, 2014
    I honestly never expected to be playing Diablo 3 again, but here I am. Patch 2.0.1 has officially saved this game from being the biggest disappointment I'd ever experienced in PC gaming. It took them two years post release to get here, but it's finally worth playing. If you heard it was bad at release, it was. It was bloody terrible, but they finally fixed it. If you already own it andI honestly never expected to be playing Diablo 3 again, but here I am. Patch 2.0.1 has officially saved this game from being the biggest disappointment I'd ever experienced in PC gaming. It took them two years post release to get here, but it's finally worth playing. If you heard it was bad at release, it was. It was bloody terrible, but they finally fixed it. If you already own it and haven't played it since then, I suggest you give it another try. I was pleasantly surprised. It still has some issues, like in order to fix the horrible economy they basically destroyed trading(in that all the highest tier items are pretty much account bound), but the fact that you'll actually find items worth using makes that a whole lot less painful than you would think, and it's definitely better than that awful auction/trading house mess that they had at release. As of 2.0.1 it is good enough that I spent money on their over priced expansion pack, and I honestly was planning on never giving Blizzard another dime, ever again. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012