Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Sep 20, 2012
    I give this game a one because of the always on DRM and having to be online all the time. My problem with this is because I work in afghanistan and before here in Iraq since 2008. The internet here is horrible (depending on where your at) but overall it is unreliable and very slow. I like to play my games offline with singleplayer, but because of this issue of always being online i amI give this game a one because of the always on DRM and having to be online all the time. My problem with this is because I work in afghanistan and before here in Iraq since 2008. The internet here is horrible (depending on where your at) but overall it is unreliable and very slow. I like to play my games offline with singleplayer, but because of this issue of always being online i am unable to play. I tried it once, but it was so laggy when i was playing by myself i could not continue. Due to this terrible experience i have to say that, though Diablo 3 may be great, i am unable to determine because of the constant internet connection requirement. Please do not forget about the people over here, we love to play games too! Expand
  2. Feb 7, 2013
    This game failed to improve on Diablo 2. The game has way too many changes from its predecessor. In addition, D3 lacks an end game as the Auction house renders the item hunt short lived. Also, the content (Acts only 4) are quite short and after you complete the game on normal (only option at first) that is all the content and sanctuary completed. So basically Diablo 3 is rinse and repeatThis game failed to improve on Diablo 2. The game has way too many changes from its predecessor. In addition, D3 lacks an end game as the Auction house renders the item hunt short lived. Also, the content (Acts only 4) are quite short and after you complete the game on normal (only option at first) that is all the content and sanctuary completed. So basically Diablo 3 is rinse and repeat in terms of content. Other issues include a very poor non competitive dueling system played on only 1 small map/arena. In conclusion this is a game that failed in terms of content and providing suitable end game options e.g. pvp/ custom games/map editor not existing. Expand
  3. May 11, 2013
    Potential was wasted, game is currently destroyed by bots, ah/rmah. PvP is a mockery of the players. Randomness map? no such thing exists. Maybe Expansion will repair this destroyed game. Now waiting for PS3 version. Playing is wasting the time its Pay2Win. Only 3 for initial good impression.
  4. Jun 22, 2012
    gonna have to come back for a new review here; normal through hell are a fairly pleasant gaming experience; it wont last very long and its only fun your first time through. but the heart of the game; where all the loot tables are best; where 90% of all items are located; inferno mode. its a mess. designed around needing gear you could never ever ever hope to possibly get in less than 10000gonna have to come back for a new review here; normal through hell are a fairly pleasant gaming experience; it wont last very long and its only fun your first time through. but the heart of the game; where all the loot tables are best; where 90% of all items are located; inferno mode. its a mess. designed around needing gear you could never ever ever hope to possibly get in less than 10000 hours played. itemization is **** for a game that is all about the loot.

every single part of the "end-game" is directed to try and get you to use the RMAH; the game has no offline mode and the always online is frequently down and always laggy.
  5. May 15, 2012
    It has been a horrible nightmare trying to get this game downloaded and then to get logged in. They let you go through an 8gb download only to find at the end there's a corrupted file and you have to reinstall. They give you a line of bunk that you have to reset your modem and turn off your firewall and all this other crap that doesn't do squat.

Then when I finally get into the game I

Then when I finally get into the game I am shocked at how it plays compared to Diablo 2. No more stat customizations, no more skill choices, no more anything customized by the player to make his character unique. It's just a romper room game of hack n slash. The 8 year olds out there will love this. Look Mommy Look I beat up dah bad guy, I rock.....can I have some juice now peeze.

It is so simple easy and linear it's just not worth playing. Gawd I hate getting ripped off in the computer gaming industry but you know how they work NO REFUNDS SUCKAH.

So, I'm just telling you DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS! It's just not worth it and the headaches will be horrible because you'll be sitting looking at the screen to login more than you'll actually be able to play
  6. May 17, 2012
    Its not the expected loot fest because of the way they are now handling stats and there is so much gold laying around its easy to pick up something in the AH that will outshine the loot drops for hours. There is also the fact that it is a single player game suffering from disconnections...it beggers belief.
  7. Jun 21, 2012
    Mkay so I'm 100 hours into the game and i dislike it more with every hour played. Its not about difficulty lvl - fresh after getting to 60 i geared up from ah with like 1 mil gold and act 1 was easy mode. First time i did it died maybe few times entire act, had to skip one elite pack that had too nasty skills for my class. Constant connection? Meh, dced few times in total so its not aMkay so I'm 100 hours into the game and i dislike it more with every hour played. Its not about difficulty lvl - fresh after getting to 60 i geared up from ah with like 1 mil gold and act 1 was easy mode. First time i did it died maybe few times entire act, had to skip one elite pack that had too nasty skills for my class. Constant connection? Meh, dced few times in total so its not a biggie . But cant imagine playing in hardcore. One dc/lag and you're done... Increased repair bills ? As i said i don't die that much. What i REALLY HATE is how I'm forced to use ah all the time. During leveling if you don't use ah then you will find yourself running in gear thats for 20-30 lvls lower. Good luck with that. As lvl 60 i have ONE item that dropped from monster i killed. Other then that every single piece of equipment came from ah. Is that how games suppose to be played? I don't think so. I don't mind farming, played Korean mmo for almost 3 years ... but i need to know that there's some reward waiting for me in the end. What diablo offers? Ability to sell my gear at rmah once I'm done with it? I don't need to make money out of games, it suppose to be fun not work. If i spent 10 hours in game killing monsters and in the end i don't have even one item i can equip then whats the point. Why as lvl 60 in highest difficulty 80% of my drops are for low lvls? Another 19 has some messed up stats. Maybe 1% is worth selling in ah... Diablo feels to me more like on line market simulator than action RPG. Sure you can play the market, get rich, buy best stuff available in game but ... I rather play something else. Expand
  8. Jun 1, 2012
    i bet people rating this game more than 7.0 is just either little fanpet of bizz or on its pay roll. i wait till i finished hell mode to write this review, and i am not going to compare this game with diablo2. First of all, Graphic is dated. Audio is just bad, i am not saying the music is bad, but the way they deliver is just stupid. Combat and mixing skills for different mob seems freshi bet people rating this game more than 7.0 is just either little fanpet of bizz or on its pay roll. i wait till i finished hell mode to write this review, and i am not going to compare this game with diablo2. First of all, Graphic is dated. Audio is just bad, i am not saying the music is bad, but the way they deliver is just stupid. Combat and mixing skills for different mob seems fresh for a hack'slash game at first. but eventually u will find that there are no need to mix skill and stick with one set of skill. a lots of my frd told me the real fun starts at hell mode. (was busy these days so i m a little bit behind) but, the way i see it, it is just stupid. there is absolutly no point of scouting the map for rare monster, because the drops are bad. u will end up buying all ur eqiupment from AH and run striaght to the boss, in which it takes away all fun for the rpg experiences. i literally felt asleep while i was click, click , clicking. this isnt a sign of a good game, i remeber when i played a new GOOD game, i will stay up just to say whatelse the game is offering even when i have a early morning meeting. Diablo 3 do not give me that at all. **and one more reminder for all u fanboy, the new patch nerf some skill and the reason of it is that u are not suppose to beat the inferno mode at this time. WT..F?????????? Expand
  9. Jul 24, 2012
    Got to say, massive WoW and SWToR fan, love Mass Effect, Dark Souls, SkyRim etc, so massive RPG type fan.

This game is just click the left button at baddies, no skill required bug ridden game, GFX are dull, gameplay is so basic, it predates pong. Quite shocked how well rated by the real critics this game is.
  10. Aug 24, 2012
    I'm glad I got my refund for this game back in early June of this year. I played diablo and diablo II, for YEARS. This piece of crud doesn't even have pvp.
  11. Mar 1, 2013
    Diablo is a girl and Cain gets killed by a Power Rangers villain who uses butterfly magic. Boring items based around the same 3 stats. No build diversity at all. Auction house sucking the life out of the game as predicted. Terrible voice acting and dumb quests that you can't skip. Can't skip between acts. Only one act is viable for farming. Why would you even farm at all you into S&M orDiablo is a girl and Cain gets killed by a Power Rangers villain who uses butterfly magic. Boring items based around the same 3 stats. No build diversity at all. Auction house sucking the life out of the game as predicted. Terrible voice acting and dumb quests that you can't skip. Can't skip between acts. Only one act is viable for farming. Why would you even farm at all you into S&M or something? Even the games lead dev and head CM know the game is bad. They quit rather than try to fix it! LOL If you like torturing yourself and get off on watching the Diablo franchise fall dead at the feet of the corporations then buy this game. Expand
  12. Dec 6, 2016
    Nothing new, nothing PvP, now DLC... Really this is the good strategy for this game? I think if this game dont have the awsome brand seal is Blizzard, and don't have the increible name that is "Diablo" this game would had closed. This thought makes me very sad, because you have a product that is incredible, only with some changes in strategy ... Diablo still can! We will wait for you
  13. May 15, 2012
    The little of the game I was able to play was horribly squandered on dealing with lag for a SINGLE PLAYER game. Since disbanding Blizzard North, Activ-Blizzard has really gone -south-. The DRM makes this game honestly not worth it, for something with a $60 price tag, you would think the game would be a complete product. I'll be getting Torchlight 2 and wishing about what could have been.
  14. May 16, 2012
    very dissapointed blizzard. i was once a very loyal fan of you. but ever since starcraft 2 there has been a missing spark about your games. starcraft 2 had poor voice acting, poor story and the characters seem hollow and empty. diablo 3 on the otherhand felt more like a WoW title with the diablo 3 brand superglued to it. the lack of gothic feel, the cartoony character models, lack ofvery dissapointed blizzard. i was once a very loyal fan of you. but ever since starcraft 2 there has been a missing spark about your games. starcraft 2 had poor voice acting, poor story and the characters seem hollow and empty. diablo 3 on the otherhand felt more like a WoW title with the diablo 3 brand superglued to it. the lack of gothic feel, the cartoony character models, lack of stat point allocation and set unlocks of skills combined with the linear progression is highly dissapointing. i guess this is what you get when blizzard north go packing. Expand
  15. May 21, 2012
    Whats with the hate ? jezus kids this days. graphics is not important the game that is important. The storyline is great so many background story`s lore and more. Dont know why people complaining that there is no storyline wtf. Oke compare to the old style this is just bigger and better. Why ? because its easy to play hard to learn how to control your skills and how you team up. Its moreWhats with the hate ? jezus kids this days. graphics is not important the game that is important. The storyline is great so many background story`s lore and more. Dont know why people complaining that there is no storyline wtf. Oke compare to the old style this is just bigger and better. Why ? because its easy to play hard to learn how to control your skills and how you team up. Its more like league and legends the same element have been use. Now compare the game to this century its old school so many kids dont like this type of game play. So for more negative post **** off please. complain some where els please. So in short the game is what it is easy (normal mode) the rest is damn hard. Even bit to hard. Is this game right in this century ? no its not people dont like this art of gaming. The only want 3D models and 3D game play. So a 9 for diablo 3 why not a 10 because its only online. And there is no offline mode. People love to cheat hack and changing game elements and mods but know its not possible . Expand
  16. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo 3. A game i had a lot of hopes for. When diablo 2 was still new and shiny, it was a MUST for me and many of my friend's, i remember before going to school at morning i stopped by a classmate...We played some cow runs and then went to school together, chatting all the way about how good the game is. Enough of that. I'll go trough some pointers about the game.

Story - Most important factor for me when choosing a singleplayer (This game does not have community and playing with friend's is not a benefit since you can only fit few of em)...Well story was bad, very bad...Not just a favorite "good" guy got turned into human like in B-Type Hollywood movie "You guys suck, i save humanity by going weak!" and other one died.

Gameplay & Difficulty - Gameplay was very nice for a while. After i hit lvl 60 i realized i was playing a very polished experience of "run trough everything". It was fun to get exp and unlock new stuff. After 60 rapidly everything is dumbed down. You don' get experience, you don't get new skills, no attributes and only way to progress you'r character is to get more items. I reached act 3 inferno. It was pretty challenging...It did not test my skills how i can time my spells or how can i ditch damage before an object hits me. It tested how good i can run and do few hits, then run even more...Do enough dmg in 5min's or start over.

Items & AH - Items...Legendary/Set item's has nice stats. Some of em has quite nice affixes...They are not very useful though...This game revolves around having very high dps weapon and as much of main stat you can muster. Then it's same old critical chance, critical damage and attack speed. So when you look for an item, you need same stat's you are having on you'r character right now, but with improved versions. Blizzard said that you don't need to go to ah/Rmah in order to progress...Well on my quest to find awesome items that will carry me trough inferno act 2...I farmed a lot and only found several good item's...For someone else. So natural progression...It's doable...If you'r butt can hold enough to farm same act for hours and hours...

My real review:

This game is made for people who like's to grind same thing over and over without having no benefit if possibility for some real money cash is not counted for. You'r character wont progress and character will never be a unique in ways it was in Diablo 2. Everything is set the second you create an character and there is no customization (You can ink you'r gear, unless you like legendary quality....). I highly recommend for a person who isn't looking a game that last's long. Play the game trough and forget the thing...You will be satisfied, as a person who was looking for a game to play long time....Well let's just say i was stupid enough to fall for the trick that Blizzard can make awesome sequel. Graphics are okay in my opinion, sadly it's 2012 when they could push harder for better quality. But it's known fact that blizzard sacrifices graphics quality in order to get more people into the games. I learned my lesson...I will not buy a another blizzard product unless i see all fact's about the game. This game was unplayable for some time and looking at it's future it wont be a game most of us hoped it would be.
  17. Jul 10, 2014
    When I played, Diablo 3 was a greedy auction house fest, with loot algorithms designed to force people to buy items from each other while giving Blizzard a cut of the money spend. Considering the price of the game and the impact it had one quality of game play, this was extremely unacceptable.

They supposedly fixed these issues and removed the auction house in the mean time, so my review from back then is no longer valid. Not gonna waste more money or time on the game though, so I'll just set my score as close as possible to the average player score and then clearly state that I have no idea if the game still sucks in the current version.
  18. Jun 25, 2012
    Could have been great... but... the lag even when playing single player just ruins the experience. The lag is hit and miss, comes and goes at random. Nothing like getting killed by lag, and the annoying rubber-band slingshot effect. Blizz seems determined to blame the community rather than their servers. I play a lot of online games, from WOW to TF2 and hardly ever have any lag on my 25Could have been great... but... the lag even when playing single player just ruins the experience. The lag is hit and miss, comes and goes at random. Nothing like getting killed by lag, and the annoying rubber-band slingshot effect. Blizz seems determined to blame the community rather than their servers. I play a lot of online games, from WOW to TF2 and hardly ever have any lag on my 25 meg connection... but in Diablo 3 it is just a frustrating fact that you have to endure. Without the lag I would give the game a solid 8, but with the lag... a 3 at best. Diablo 3 will be the last Blizz game I ever purchase. I have been a loyal customer since Warcraft 2 and have spent hundreds of dollars on their games. Too bad... their loss. Expand
  19. Sep 16, 2013
    After several hundreds of hours of gameplay I find myself regretting a large chunk of it. A sliver of the game is enjoyable while the rest is boring and dull.
  20. May 15, 2012
    Probably the worst game I've ever played. Does anyone else remember those fine, fine days of hours and hours of playing nothing but Diablo II back in the day? There was nothing better. Now, all of those days are ruined forever with Diablo III, which could quite possibly be the worst game I've played in the past ten years. For starters, the servers are completely broken and flawed, withProbably the worst game I've ever played. Does anyone else remember those fine, fine days of hours and hours of playing nothing but Diablo II back in the day? There was nothing better. Now, all of those days are ruined forever with Diablo III, which could quite possibly be the worst game I've played in the past ten years. For starters, the servers are completely broken and flawed, with absolutely no way to get into the game until you've waited more than 30 minutes and blown your brains out with a shotgun from the stress of yelling at your computer screen. On top of that, even when you do get into a game the gameplay is basically just a broken mess and a complete shadow of what Diablo II was. It's weak and unbearable, just sad to say the least. Do yourself a favor and never touch this pile of flaming bear crap. Instead, you might as well just burn down your local gaming retailer for simply stocking the game in the first place. Expand
  21. May 21, 2012
    What can I say about Diablo 3? Well, it did a good job gettng me hyped, too bad it doesn't quite live up to it. How could it really? About 10 years in the making, it almost became Duke Nukem Forever, in quite a literal sense too... Too many bad choices by the devs, always online DRM, the dumbed down skill-system and the far to linear levels... Which by the way, aren't that interesting.What can I say about Diablo 3? Well, it did a good job gettng me hyped, too bad it doesn't quite live up to it. How could it really? About 10 years in the making, it almost became Duke Nukem Forever, in quite a literal sense too... Too many bad choices by the devs, always online DRM, the dumbed down skill-system and the far to linear levels... Which by the way, aren't that interesting. This game called Diablo 3 just doesn't feel like Diablo, it feels like a chore to play this game. I want to play Diablo 3 by myself, that's what I like to do, so having to log into servers to play singleplayer just feels wrong. The game in itself feels lacking anyway, I can't help to wonder what they've been doing all this time. The only really fun thing about this game is the skills and costumizing them, even though they are quite few compared to Diablo 3. Actually, I can't quite grasp the fact that it's this dumbed down, now town portal scrolls or identify scrolls are needed, just wait a bit. I was actually surprised when I found a piece of armor I had to identify, since I didn't know how I figured I'd learn it later but then I saw the icon, "click to identify", I clicked and after a sec it was identified, I was amazed... What was the point of even having unidentified items to begin with? To make it a surprise what you picked up? I don't know why this game was released this way, new devs mixed in with the fact that it's been touched by Activision? Who knows, but all I know is that it's hard to recommend it even to fans, I'd say those who are most likely to enjoy it is people wanting a gateway into RPG's, but if you want something deeper and more meaningful then just keep looking since even Skyrim has this beat in complexity. I have no choice but to give this the score of 4/10, I'll keep playing it, but I won't feel that good about it... Only good thing about this is the Music and the few Skills there are, if that's enough then go right ahead and buy it. It's more mindless fun than a deep experience, which disappointed me atleast. Expand
  22. May 28, 2012
    Huge disappointment. Story was meh. Servers are crap (I love lag in a single player game...) and are constantly being brought down/restarted. AH still doesn't work. PvP isn't even in the game. Act 4 was never actually finished. Nothing is remotely balanced. Endless bugs (from pathing/jittering to stupid follower AI to item stats that don't even work to boss abilities that bug out, IHuge disappointment. Story was meh. Servers are crap (I love lag in a single player game...) and are constantly being brought down/restarted. AH still doesn't work. PvP isn't even in the game. Act 4 was never actually finished. Nothing is remotely balanced. Endless bugs (from pathing/jittering to stupid follower AI to item stats that don't even work to boss abilities that bug out, I could go on for pages...) End game revolves around the AH, as there's no feasible way to grind or farm the gear needed to progress without buying off the AH (the one the doesn't work). With the RMAH in the works blizz made sure that the only way to succeed was to buy your way through inferno. In the end its a 60$ bug fest that is pay to win... Oh how the mighty have fallen. Expand
  23. Jun 8, 2012
    This is a serious and objective review from a person who played many pc games.
    First of all: connection problems. Worst service (even after a month since release!!!) of many online games I played - GW, WoW, Diablo2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, FPS shooters(Quake, Unreal, Counter-Strike), Starcraft 1 and 2... you name it.
    Graphics - far too bad for a 2012 game! Sound effects - decent.
    This is a serious and objective review from a person who played many pc games.
    Graphics - far too bad for a 2012 game! Sound effects - decent. Music - bad and repetitive. Gameplay is about decent the first three difficulties. The last difficulty is very boring. Players need to collect gold for hundreds and hundreds of hours to be able to progress. Then they spend it in an Auction house where they buy item upgrades for their hero. In Diablo 2 players were progressing on their own with just a bit of trading. In Diablo 3 good item drops are extremly rare - like 1 to billions chance to get such an item yourself so the Auction House does not get flooded. Logical, yes, but it turns the game to Auction House manager, where players farm gold the whole week and then lie for a day or two in front of their PC, scanning the millions of deals, hoping for a fair upgrade. So dumbed down. This takes all the pleasure from the item hunting which made Diablo 2 such a great and replayable game.
    Skill system cannot be more broken. Everyone ends up using the same skill setup. Scarcity of good items forces them to do so. Many GREAT features (it will take more than an hour to list them and you to read them) from Diablo 2 were just cut from this game. 10 years in development and we get this?! What a shame. I wont even mention the Real Money Auction House where players give real $ to Blizzard. Pay to Win! Take this from a serious Diablo 2 player - do not touch this game it will dissapoint you badly. Enjoy other games.
  24. Jun 20, 2012
    I've put about 150 hours into game with 3 high level characters so you know that i have played this long enough to tell you DO NOT BUY THIS GAME:

The game was exciting although repetative up until inferno (last difficulty). In order to get past where i'm at i need millions of gold because of the broken economy in Auction House. In order for me to get that gold i either have to grind for one hour per 100 thousand gold or i can just buy from the "real money auction house" for 1 dollar per 100k gold. So basically grinding becomes extremely boring and repetative and makes you almost forced to pay real money to continue. If not, you're literally grinding for 1 dollar an hour. In order to get the gear i need to finish with second act of inferno I need min 15 million gold which means i either grind 120 to 160 hours the same damn part of the game or pay out of pocket 150 dollars. Than it gets worse in act 3 and 4. This game is cheap in the fact the content is so short only made harder several times over (they did that in diablo 2 which was fine cuz of limited space on CDs , now its just an excuse of being lazy in order to not make further game content). The art is pretty, but the graphics are terrible at least a good 10 years out of date.
  25. Sep 29, 2012
    I was profoundly disappointed with Diablo III. I played several weeks AFTER release day, so my review is based on the game itself, not the customer service nightmare that was release day. I played the original Diablo and Diablo II, and unfortunately, 10-12 years of development (or however long it took them) didn't result in a marked improvement. On the positive side, I will say thatI was profoundly disappointed with Diablo III. I played several weeks AFTER release day, so my review is based on the game itself, not the customer service nightmare that was release day. I played the original Diablo and Diablo II, and unfortunately, 10-12 years of development (or however long it took them) didn't result in a marked improvement. On the positive side, I will say that gameplay feels more organic, and each class feels more unique than in previous installments. I admit, I loved the unique feel of the different classes, the animation for their various abilities and being able to tailor these abilities to my individual play style. I also like the fact that I can choose a gender for each class, whereas in previous games your gender depended upon the class you chose, so that was a definite improvement. My main gripe with this game is that, after an hour or two, it's BORING. After you get past the "OMG it's D3!!!" feeling and actually play the game for a few hours, this is what the experience comes down to for me: Run Around. Kill Mobs. Loot. Run Around More. Kill Mobs. Loot More. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Previous installments of the game felt darker and instilled actual fear in me while I played, as the atmosphere and story engaged me and made the experience feel less grindy. The story in D3 seems more in the background than D1 and 2, and the repetitive gameplay and the relegation of the lore to the backburner greatly decreased my engagement in the game. It felt too easy, too repetitive and lacked the depth that was an integral part of Diablo I and II. Some would argue that Diablo I and II had very little depth, but I disagree. Yes, the story of Diablo didn't have the same complexity of the Warcraft or Starcraft franchises, but the lore was still rich and evoked a sense of fear and darkness that I simply didn't feel in D3 - even with the added cinematics, which felt hollow somehow. All in all, I was profoundly disappointed in Diablo III. Though it looks great and the classes were unique and fun to play for a short time, Diablo III felt repetitive and fell flat. It sadly lacks heart, and felt more like a generic hack-and-slash money-grab than a high-quality, complex universe that Blizzard was known for producing in the past. Expand
  26. Nov 17, 2012
    Diablo III doesn't even deserve a review, it just doesn't. It's quite bad after your first playthrough.

Not only is the lead designer (Jay Wilson) a total douche who should get his nutsack torn off by chainsaw-wielding killer sharks, but his "masterpiece" (as he calls it) single handedly destroyed the Diablo series (and this is coming from a fan of D1. I'm not even a hardcore fan either). All I can really say is that it was created as a cash cow because of the Real Money Auction House. Why do I claim this? There's no other reason they would completely obliterate a specialization of playstyle every single patch, expecting players to buy a whole new set of gear. The Increased Attack Speed nerf as well as multiple nerfs to special Wizard builds are a testament of this. Rather than making the speccs still playable, they nerfed them to the ground completely. Why? MONEY MONEY MONEY!

I could go on an on about how the game itself actually sucks, but I think the 4.7k+ negative reviews would tell you this. While I'll admit at least 2k or so are from nerd-raging, hardcore, D2 fans, many of them are new players of Diablo, and they too will admit this game is garbage. I feel ripped off and I got this game for FREE.
  27. Dec 6, 2012
    I really wish I hadn't even given blizzard anymore of my money. That dark feel from Diablo 1 & 2 is completely gone and this installment is annoyingly colorful and vibrant as if it isnt about a fictional Armageddon. There are no longer meaningful skill choices, you can change anytime. The story is an absolute joke. I really miss the dark atmosphere of diablo 2. Gone are the days of walkingI really wish I hadn't even given blizzard anymore of my money. That dark feel from Diablo 1 & 2 is completely gone and this installment is annoyingly colorful and vibrant as if it isnt about a fictional Armageddon. There are no longer meaningful skill choices, you can change anytime. The story is an absolute joke. I really miss the dark atmosphere of diablo 2. Gone are the days of walking in jungles surrounded by cauldrons of cooked people or claustraphobic tombs with frightening waves of undead. This installment has colorful massive underground caverns with a plethora of Dr. Seuss monsters. And I think its been said enough how stupid the always having to be online thing is. In short, its a shadow of what the series used to be and I after starcraft 2 and this, I will not give blizzard any more of my money. They are a shadow of what they used to be and deserve to fall apart for **** products like this. Expand
  28. Aug 26, 2013
    I will try to be as unbiased as possible:

+ Fluent gamplay and fun combat + Good sound effects + Easy to learn... - easy to master - Horrible story, really the writing is atrocious - Skill system is pure **** - Doesn't offer any real customization - Graphics are always blurred and even highest setting looks bad - Horribly designed skills - Horrible itemization - General
    I will try to be as unbiased as possible:

+ Fluent gamplay and fun combat
    + Good sound effects
    + Easy to learn...

- easy to master
    - Horrible story, really the writing is atrocious
    - Skill system is pure ****
    - Doesn't offer any real customization
    - Graphics are always blurred and even highest setting looks bad
    - Horribly designed skills
    - Horrible itemization
    - General design of important game aspects underwhelming

All in all: 4/10 would not buy again.

As a Diablo fan you will find the story is an insult to the genre and to its fans. The itemization is just terrible and everybody who was tasked with the job should leave the gaming industry forever. As should the designers of the skill system it offers no customization at all. It is obvious that the D3 developers don't understand what makes a good aRPG because this game is an arcade game that caters to less than casual players.

As a Diablo fan this game is a: -1 10
  29. Nov 17, 2013
    Probably the most disappointing game release of my life. I spend days weeks months in total game play, playing Diablo 1 and 2. I waited years for this master to return and what a disappointment it was.

They took something evil, mysterious, challenging and dark and turning it into a Walt Disney click fest for kiddies. Gone are the half naked sprites and up side down crucifixes. Instead you are met with animated characters in bloom, which inspire not fear of death but more of a scene of Alice in Wonderland.

What a tragic end to one of the best titles ever.
  30. May 27, 2012
    After seeing those so called critic reviews that keep praising and buffing products for markets. Had to write second review because i am really worried about unprofessionalism of critics. They are not making any comment about games features just raising the product to almost godhood. That's mainly because good name of company, 2 of those so called professional critics gave mixed review.After seeing those so called critic reviews that keep praising and buffing products for markets. Had to write second review because i am really worried about unprofessionalism of critics. They are not making any comment about games features just raising the product to almost godhood. That's mainly because good name of company, 2 of those so called professional critics gave mixed review. This is really worrying effect how critics are not having critical reviews only marketing speeches.

So lets get to the actual review played this game through with one character. Second play though with harder difficulty found game to be boring. As for even wanting to level any character again to level 60 whats the point in that skills come as progress levels. So there is no reason for that. This is mainly because really none of customization you can do talent or attribute wise its just all about gear you wear.

Also because they actually released "online or no play game" i keep getting constantly dc:t from game which actually shows how greedy this Blizzard company actually is. Game is just basically unplayable for those that get disconnected about every 5 mins to 30 minutes. I have actually done more tweaking to my security firewalls etc for this game than to any other games and it still has serious issues. Almost always when you actually try to get answers from technical support problems are on your side not their precious servers or product. They start "you could try..." its not consumers job to make game work. There should be some pride for game developers to make working game.

So good advice for all that are playing games around world never ever pre-order game, never buy those cheesy priced collectors editions or limited (luckily i did buy only standard edition) and most off all always wait about 6 to 12 months after release to get actually patched up game. Mainly never read what these so marketing critics write about game they tend to go overboard praising the series or company that made game.

In old good days of gaming we did not have DRM only cd-keys to check your games legality. All gamers suffer because too protective developers making every even single/ multiplayer games requiring internet connection. This game should had some kinda offline mode for that cannot have access to internet 24/7.
  31. May 15, 2012
    I can usually find a redeaming feature in just about anything and never cast straight zeroes (and very rarely straight 10s), but if value returned for money paid is exactly zero, what can I say?
    Being unable to use the product I bought because of a feature I did not want, IS a straight zero.
    Another company brought down by greed, incompetence and unacceptable business practises. Why was it
    Why was it possible to play Starcraft in offline mode once I logged in, and why isn't it in D3? If I'm FORCED to be online all of the time, there is NO excuse for not enough servers in use or the software not working. I refuse to be cheated and patronized by companies that take my money and THEN treat me like a criminal. No more games with forced online mode in single player for me. Period.
  32. euu
    May 16, 2012
    Not even the most drooling blizztards can defend this one. Not only is the game dumbed down from its predecessors, removing all kind of character building and strategy from the game, not only do the graphics look like something from 2007, not only did they abandoned the dark tone of D1 and D2 and instead added flashy anime attacks and WoW characters but the game is basically unplayable.Not even the most drooling blizztards can defend this one. Not only is the game dumbed down from its predecessors, removing all kind of character building and strategy from the game, not only do the graphics look like something from 2007, not only did they abandoned the dark tone of D1 and D2 and instead added flashy anime attacks and WoW characters but the game is basically unplayable. DRM doesn't stop pirates, at best it delays them. The only ones really affected by DRM are the actual buyers who need to wait hours, even days to play their game. Unfortunately, Blizzard had us in their pockets. They took advantage of our nostalgia and presented us with tedious, badly-written and just plain silly game. Hell, the game isn't even made by Blizzard North, the company that made the first two. You're better off playind Diablo 2 for the twentieth time than this. Expand
  33. May 21, 2012
    I'm new to the Diablo franchise and I know part of its appeal is replaying on harder modes with different player types but I can't really recommend this game to anyone who doesn't know exactly what they are expecting. Its a short game that seems like it should be on the IPad not the PC and has some serious serious technical flaws. Onto my main complaints. First is its very short, ComparedI'm new to the Diablo franchise and I know part of its appeal is replaying on harder modes with different player types but I can't really recommend this game to anyone who doesn't know exactly what they are expecting. Its a short game that seems like it should be on the IPad not the PC and has some serious serious technical flaws. Onto my main complaints. First is its very short, Compared to something like Witcher 2 or Skyrim this game just seems so tiny, it really feels like an IPad game you'd pay £6 for. Even though its short much of the content isn't varied or interesting, particularly in the dungeons.

Also the graphics aren't great, its not even that they're unattractive but rather its that they don't fit in with the dark sinister feel of the story. Finally, despite my rock solid network connection which I play games on regularly, I kept getting kicked out of my own single player game because it claimed it has lost my connection. Each time it did it I lost my progress, starting at the last checkpoint. If it wasn't for this very frustrating nonsense I'd have been completed even quicker.
  34. May 18, 2012
    Since my first review was deleted(didn't contain any spoilers, nor inappropriate language), I'll keep this brief.
    If you loved D2, prepare for disappointment.
    If you've never played anything else in this genre, play anything else in this genre. Artstyle: grimdark cartoony(think WoW:Cataclysm) Writing: As regards quality of writing, nothing can be called good when it retcons so much from
    If you loved D2, prepare for disappointment.
    Artstyle: grimdark cartoony(think WoW:Cataclysm)
    Writing: As regards quality of writing, nothing can be called good when it retcons so much from the previous games
    Gameplay: standard gameplay of this genre, with the exception that character customization has been axed in favour of gear progression. Higher difficulties just mean bigger numbers.
  35. May 23, 2012
    I didn't expect to be so disappointed from this game. I give 2 because I kind of like the graphics, but mainly that is all I like. My review is based on the idea, that I loved Diablo 2 and was really looking forward for Diablo3. I can't understand how can they make such huge changes to the game, at least they should have put a survey for the beta. You can't distribute attribute points andI didn't expect to be so disappointed from this game. I give 2 because I kind of like the graphics, but mainly that is all I like. My review is based on the idea, that I loved Diablo 2 and was really looking forward for Diablo3. I can't understand how can they make such huge changes to the game, at least they should have put a survey for the beta. You can't distribute attribute points and skills. Really? This made Diablo 2 unique and enjoyable for a long time. For example, there is no sense having now 2 barbarians. With this "strategy" people will play far less this game. What was the logic, thinking that young "modern age" kids playing mmorpgs will join this game? You also know that everyone has all the skills that you have (if they are your level), and it's just a matter choice, depending on what has been put in the short-key bar. There are "runes" for the skills, which are a kind of upgrade, they are also unlocked by leveling-up. The game has been made so easy. Even no identification scrolls/town portals. You deleted so many things, which were the uniqueness of this great series! The voices are not even barely similar to Diablo 2, and are so so bad. All in all, if you are not a fan of Diablo 2, and if you enjoy games from this type - Sacred, Titan Quest, you may like Diablo 3. But if you are a fan of the old ones, I strongly suggest to look at the "innovations" first, whether you will like them. Expand
  36. May 24, 2012
    No unique character development - auto-levelling, which means every character of the same class is the same, except gear. And surprise, there is a PayToWin shop in game. For gear. See connection? That would be ok for F2P, but an absolute NO for a game costing around 60$. Plus AlwaysOnlineDRM, which forces you to bow to every whim of Blizzard. Short single player campaign. Launch problemsNo unique character development - auto-levelling, which means every character of the same class is the same, except gear. And surprise, there is a PayToWin shop in game. For gear. See connection? That would be ok for F2P, but an absolute NO for a game costing around 60$. Plus AlwaysOnlineDRM, which forces you to bow to every whim of Blizzard. Short single player campaign. Launch problems and conection issues at day one. All in all - a very very bad direction in gaming. For its current price and state, it is definately a 0. Expand
  37. May 26, 2012
    Disappointment in every way, full of bugs, hackers, bad gameplay, and only partly finished. I've been a gamer for 20+ years and this is the worst product release I have seen.

The game has a decent story line and mediocre graphics and thats about it, there is no groundbreaking innovation in gameplay wether online, multiplay or single player. And thats just the start, Bugs galore, even though the graphics are medicore it slows down the most powerfal machines, Online public gameplay is full of bugs and security holes where hackers can steal your account, been hacked already.

The Auction house barely works and is full of bugs, you'll search for items and have random items or no items show up based on your filters, sometimes when you sell items you never get the gold, also the real money system just ruins the value of items and the economy, because money is cheap super powerful items are easy to acquire just ruining the difficulty curve, the game is horrendously easy and not a challenge.

This game is only partly finished, they never included the pvp system, and when you get to the last Act in the game it is plainly horribly obvious from the level design, graphics, monsters, storyline, even items where just missed mashed together at the last moment. I swear the last part of the game is so horrible you find it hard to finish, let me iterate again it so plainly and horribly obvious at the low level or horrible quality of work at the final act that this game is not finished.

Do not buy this until its $30 because thats what your paying for a half a game full of bugs and hackers.
  38. Sep 22, 2012
    Weak game, no skills points, no permanent character choices, insane grinding required, very very very laggy even now in September. Just not a very fun game, still addictive in a way but not worth even a quarter of its cost, lucky I got mine as a gift :P
    The game would be ok with end game content (current none exists), less grinding required, less gold farmers ruining economy, not having to play through 4 times per char, a skills or talent system, a bit more difficulty (currently difficulty is an item check, no player skill required) and offline mode!!!
  39. Mar 6, 2013
    TL;DR A quick cash-in on some nostalgia and the genre defining previous game, nothing but a sign of the state Blizzard has slumped to.

If you want an Korean Grindfest MMO with a paid auction house, then you might enjoy this. Welcome to "Grind through the game 3 times on easy until you get to Inferno: The Game". Always Online, dumbed-down classes and gear system, lackluster story, gameplay and art design that hits a brick wall after Act 1, ridiculous gear gap between Hell and Inferno that will force you into the AH, Always Online also basically denying you your game if you have internet problems or LOL BLIZZARD SERVERS on your damn SINGLE PLAYER GAME. The fact that Hardcore mode can be influenced by the state of your internet/Blizzard's servers is almost downright sickening. The couple good things I will mention at least are the graphics, art design in Act 1, enemies that do feel like relentless hordes on occasion, animations, and the gear design is alright but definitely borrowed from WoW.

I can't argue though if you enjoy the MMO style grindfest that Diablo has now become. Overall, this was simply an Acti-Blizz cash cow that they had to milk, at the expense of all the hype and fans.
  40. May 22, 2013
    Probably the worst gaming experience I've had, or should I say let down, in years. Forced online game play. Repetitive unoriginal gameplay. Uninspired graphics. And let's not forget the auction house blizzard money grab. Blizzard is on a downhill slope.
  41. Jan 14, 2014
    This game is a shame. It betrays the atmosphere of previous episodes,which were much darker. Cooldowsns in skills, forced internet connexion, real money device, seriously. Blizzard has gone completely wrong and is destroying so many ips...
  42. May 15, 2012
    It is all about choices. Blizzard chose poorly: No offline mode, no staggered release, poorly updated customer service, and servers incapable of the capacity even on a Tuesday morning. Anytime I buy a game that I cannot play they get a zero, I will re-evaluate when I can play but this is your score for now Blizzard and you're decisions are why this review will get averaged in with the realIt is all about choices. Blizzard chose poorly: No offline mode, no staggered release, poorly updated customer service, and servers incapable of the capacity even on a Tuesday morning. Anytime I buy a game that I cannot play they get a zero, I will re-evaluate when I can play but this is your score for now Blizzard and you're decisions are why this review will get averaged in with the real review once the game actually releases. Poor choices Blizzard, very poor Expand
  43. May 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The leveling of characters through 60 in normal, nightmare, and hell modes is quite enjoyable, which is enough to keep players occupied for many hours. Unfortunately this game falls short in the end game, story, itemization, and lack of offline play.

The story itself is uninspired with terrible dialogue. Anyone who was a fan of the previous games will literally cringe at the death of Deckard Cain, who is killed by a character attempting to get him to reconstruct a magic sword for her master. How exactly was he going to do that while dead? Why does she leave without the broken sword allowing him to reconstruct the sword? Why did this scene only warrant terrible dialogue and no real cut scene? Why does she abduct Tyraal instead of Cain? It makes no sense, and like the rest of the plot, reads like it was written by a 12 year old. Inferno mode is tedious and not fun. It consists of massive damage boosts to all mobs resulting in 1 shots to most characters attempting to enter it. Act 1 is playable because the zombies which dominate the act are slow moving, but upon entering act 2 be prepared for constant and unavoidable deaths no matter how well you play unless you spend tons of time farming or pay to win in the new real money Auction House, which allows players to turn an already paid for game into a micro transaction game. This feels like a way to milk the players for cash after they already spent 60 dollars on a retail product.

The statistics for your character are poorly explained in the interface, and some of them are not even accurately displaying what occurs in the tooltip, resulting in players gearing the wrong stat. Along with the poor explanations of statistics the itemization for legendary and set items is so terrible that most players choose common blue drops for weapons instead of legendaries. It makes the attempt to acquire gear feel boring and stale because the most rare drops are not even close to the most powerful. Players should not have the best chance of finding good gear when they look through their bags and read all of the stats on their found items, they should be excited as soon as they see the color of the very rare drops on their screen.

One last problem is the lack of an offline mode. This game could easily be played as a single player game and the previous Diablo games from 12-16 years ago allowed players to still experience the game without their internet connection being active. This removal of a key feature is obviously done in an attempt to prevent piracy, but is done so at the expense of their own paying customers.

If you want a good hack and slash leveling experience and to try out the customization of all 5 character classes then you'll have fun with this game, but in its current state the vast majority of players will not want to play this game for more than a few months once they've had their fill of the overly punishing and more importantly tedious end game.

Enjoyable leveling and character customization but poorly designed end game, bland and poorly executed story, incorrect itemization choices and explanation of statistics, and the removal of offline play hold this game back from being anything but just another fun but flawed game. This should not have been the case from a company as highly regarded as Blizzard.
  44. May 16, 2012
    Even without the server issues (which I did not experience)... the game was just bland, boring, and certainly not the diablo I've grown to know and love
  45. May 30, 2012
    Up Yours Blizzard. Up yours with my copy of this short, poorly designed game. Online only? Phsck you for that as well. The only possible reason that it's online only is for the DRM that you're refusing to admit to, nothing to do with the poor excuse of an auction house! It's no wonder you're giving this heap of crap out for free with the year long subscription to WoW. It's just that badUp Yours Blizzard. Up yours with my copy of this short, poorly designed game. Online only? Phsck you for that as well. The only possible reason that it's online only is for the DRM that you're refusing to admit to, nothing to do with the poor excuse of an auction house! It's no wonder you're giving this heap of crap out for free with the year long subscription to WoW. It's just that bad and you dorks know it!.. What the hell were the BETA TESTERS DOING IN THIS GAME!?!?!?!?!?!? Not telling us how poor it was going to be, that's for one sure thing... Expand
  46. Jun 3, 2012
    Diablo 3 is maximum boring and redundancy. Diablo 2 is a better installment in the series, while Diablo 3 loses any semblance of seriousness in the environment and characters. I wish I hadn't spent $60 on it, it totally does not live up to the previous games, and is nothing but a total snore fest. Blizzard and gameplay are like oil and water, they just don't go together. Same thing is toDiablo 3 is maximum boring and redundancy. Diablo 2 is a better installment in the series, while Diablo 3 loses any semblance of seriousness in the environment and characters. I wish I hadn't spent $60 on it, it totally does not live up to the previous games, and is nothing but a total snore fest. Blizzard and gameplay are like oil and water, they just don't go together. Same thing is to be said for Blizzard and dialog, as Blizzard just seems to suck at it in every game they make. If you're thinking about buying this game, save your money. Diablo 3 won't cure your boredom, it'll just make you kick yourself that you're down $60 as well. Expand
  47. Jun 8, 2012
    Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.
  48. Jun 8, 2012
    Tedious, extremely easy, popcorn trash. The cynical uber-greedy business model surrounding this plague is also utterly sickening. People with minds and souls avoid.
  49. Jul 28, 2012
    I remember playing Diablo 1 & 2 many years ago. These games were stunning, perfectly shaped and will always be some kind of a quality symbol for me. I've waited for Diablo III for a long, long time, to be honest - ever since I've finished playing D2. When I finally got to play it I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Tons of problems, infamous Error 37, and all this to find outI remember playing Diablo 1 & 2 many years ago. These games were stunning, perfectly shaped and will always be some kind of a quality symbol for me. I've waited for Diablo III for a long, long time, to be honest - ever since I've finished playing D2. When I finally got to play it I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Tons of problems, infamous Error 37, and all this to find out that the game is awful. Terrible story, totally screwed up loot, lots of bugs and bad graphics. I can't express how tricked I feel.

This game is by far not worth its name. Maybe our mind would be different if this game was just a no-name, it's still not that bad after all, but this is not an ordinary one - it's descendant of one of the most important series in all time and as such, we had right to expect something much, much better. Shame on you Blizzard!
  50. Jan 3, 2013
    I bought this game and was faithful to it for the first 3 months but finally gave up. The developers just plain failed at launch to know what made Diablo 1 and 2 so good, almost as if they never played these games themselves and just tried to mimic it by watching some youtube videos of gameplay. I came back to the game 6 months later and it was definitely better, but still just not thatI bought this game and was faithful to it for the first 3 months but finally gave up. The developers just plain failed at launch to know what made Diablo 1 and 2 so good, almost as if they never played these games themselves and just tried to mimic it by watching some youtube videos of gameplay. I came back to the game 6 months later and it was definitely better, but still just not that enjoyable and to be honest, they just missed the boat. The game is not worth your money, skip it. Expand
  51. Jul 26, 2013
    When you see the startling difference between User Review and Critics Review scores, you quickly draw the obvious conclusion: Diablo 3 has no right of existence and has been hyped beyond belief, while delivering a sub-par experience that has not only been riddled with launch and patch problems in the past, but today still suffers from a bad design, extremely limited content and too manyWhen you see the startling difference between User Review and Critics Review scores, you quickly draw the obvious conclusion: Diablo 3 has no right of existence and has been hyped beyond belief, while delivering a sub-par experience that has not only been riddled with launch and patch problems in the past, but today still suffers from a bad design, extremely limited content and too many console-friendly mechanics choices.

Diablo 3 wants to be plug and play for the masses, but that is never the game it was intended to be from part one. Fun for single playthrough on a day off, as eight to nine hours should do the job. Easily. The game does not deserve a single hour more, though.
  52. May 15, 2012
    If you want an immersive ARPG, you've come to the wrong place. The design for this game doesn't lead to much. Artistic design, plot, game design, everything seems to be under par. Its impressive how they managed to through down the drain all that money, when an indie studio creates Path of Exile, a free to play ARPG. Go try it, and you will feel what immersion really is.

click the Ok

click the Ok button in the popup window "The game has ended"
  53. May 15, 2012
    I'm severely disappointed by the horrible DRM, and the laughable disorganization of Blizzard servers. This game should've wait at least a month before seeing the light of day. Blizzard should have expected this situation: i suspect they olny care about money, not customers. The game itself, is nothing more than Diablo2 with today tecnology. I miss the attribute points, the scrolls ofI'm severely disappointed by the horrible DRM, and the laughable disorganization of Blizzard servers. This game should've wait at least a month before seeing the light of day. Blizzard should have expected this situation: i suspect they olny care about money, not customers. The game itself, is nothing more than Diablo2 with today tecnology. I miss the attribute points, the scrolls of identification, i feel the series ha completely departed from rpg elements, and it's now pure mindless moronic hack n'slash.
    Do yourself a gift: do not buy a clone, and a mediocre one.
  54. May 15, 2012
    wow what is this i paid for?? so bad, cannot log in or do anything without a stupid internet connection. thank god amazon let me return it. diablo one was awesome, diablo 2 was ok, but this is crap. no more blizzard games ever!
  55. May 15, 2012
    The game itself is fun and gorgeous, everything you would expect D3 to be--even though there are some saying they finished the entire game in six hours. I'm not even out of act 1 yet, just got kicked offline after playing from 10 am EST, so either the posters saying this are full of it or they ran through the game like a monster on crack.

But--and this is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE but--having

But--and this is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE but--having to be online to play is absolute, utter nonsense. Blizz made a big mistake with this and in the end the lack of LAN and offline is going to hurt this game; maybe not in the pocketbook, but through word of mouth. We know, we know, piracy and DRM is the wave of the future and whatever. You have billions of our hard-earned dollars at your disposal, Blizz. There are ways around this that even forum posters have suggested, and you ignored them. So handle the anger coming your way, I can't say that you don't deserve it.

A five. Would have been a ten or close to it, if there were offline and LAN offered.
  56. May 15, 2012
    1d6

1-3 The servers are down
    4-6 the servers are up

It's a coinflip at this point.

The launch has been a disaster. I thought this kind of crap was over?
  57. May 16, 2012
    This is the first game in many years which absolutely will not let me play it. Two days of trying to install it, patch it and launch it to no avail. I've gotten it fully installed twice, only to sit at the welcome screen, unable to play because the servers are maxed out. I've had about 40 or 50 failed attempts to install it, and then maybe 20 attempts to patch it without success. IThis is the first game in many years which absolutely will not let me play it. Two days of trying to install it, patch it and launch it to no avail. I've gotten it fully installed twice, only to sit at the welcome screen, unable to play because the servers are maxed out. I've had about 40 or 50 failed attempts to install it, and then maybe 20 attempts to patch it without success. I must say that I fell for the hype and pre-ordered the game, only to be unable to play it. I'm going to park it for a month or two and come back to it in time. I'm quite disappointed - this is Blizzard, not EA. I expect Blizzard to release it when it's ready, not when they have to. Rookie mistake by Blizz, and clearly a lot of miffed customers. Expand
  58. May 16, 2012
    It is Diablo III. No matter what you get out of the other reviews, it is a great hack and slasher and my favorite since Titan Quest. It's a lot of fun to play (when you can play it) and the skill system is pretty well done. I will say that the game seems to be (at least on my first playthrough) stingy with good loot and it probably won't get as many replays out of me as it could have.It is Diablo III. No matter what you get out of the other reviews, it is a great hack and slasher and my favorite since Titan Quest. It's a lot of fun to play (when you can play it) and the skill system is pretty well done. I will say that the game seems to be (at least on my first playthrough) stingy with good loot and it probably won't get as many replays out of me as it could have. Sound is great, spells look great and feel great. All that being said I regret my purchase because this game is not worth $60. The RMAH and always on DRM (that prevents legal purchasers from playing) is patently anti-consumer and has bumped Blizz out of my personal pantheon of greats. This should have been distributed F2P because it is monetized like a MOBA and you have no real ownership at the end of the day. Buy on sale. Expand
  59. May 17, 2012
    First I will say to people that this isn't an MMO. If you never played Diablo 2 then your lost.
    This is an action RPG limited to 4 player coop. I'm glad I didn't purchase this game because of so many reasons.
    1)Back in 2008 there was that artistic direction petition. 2)The people who did DIablo 2 were not doing this game. 3)DRM in 2011 which there was also a petition on the single player

1)Back in 2008 there was that artistic direction petition.
    2)The people who did DIablo 2 were not doing this game.
    3)DRM in 2011 which there was also a petition on the single player portion of the game.
    4)Real Money Auction House.
    5)WOW player who subscribed a full year got the game free. I played WOW for 5 years and I wasn't eligible for this so I cancelled my subscription when I heard of this.
    6)No Druids or Paladins
    7)What they made Tyreal into.-saw youtube video
    8)The story and voice overs-read about it
    9)The length of the game which is shorter than Diablo 2-someone told me they beat it in 5 hours.
    10)The COW level-smh

As for the servers not working I say thats BS. Back when Diablo 2 was released I had 56k modem and a pentium 733 with a 20 gig harddrive and I played the game fine with my other friends. We are in 2012 where people have pentium 4 and terabyte drives and fast internet connection. There is no excuse for this crap. None. Everyone should be able to play the game with no problem whatsoever. I'm done with blizzard crap and I will never buy anymore of there products again.
  60. Nov 9, 2013
    No feel of "Diablo". Feels like a juvenile adventure game, not a gothic horror. Disappointed to say the least. Hopefully the expansion breathes new life into it.
  61. May 18, 2012
    WTF is wrong with games these days!!
    Everybody wants another good sequel to our arguably one of the best game franchise, but what blizz gave to us fans and gamers, a **** OF CRAP!! We fans deserve better than this! **** THIS ****
  62. May 18, 2012
    I was a fan of Diablo, actually it was the first game i've played online and i was waiting Diablo 3 for many years. But what did i get? Copy of Dungeon Siedge III, LOL! Diablo has the same graphics and gameplay. DSIII is a pretty good game, but it was released a year ago...
    Take Dungeon Siedge III, add always-online DRM to it and terrible service and you'll get Diablo 3.
  63. May 28, 2013
    I plan to keep my distance from this iteration. Having played on a friend's computer, I can say I neither like 1.) how Blizzard feels about their customers, and 2.) how they make their games nowadays (and what their games are, in consequence).

Diablo 3 is a game where none of the original authors were involved in creating the sequel. In this case, it amounts to an analogy of R. A. Salvatore writing "Lord of the Rings 2", or the author of Twilight authoring "Crime and Punishment 2". The changes are just too contradictory to what Diablo 1 and 2 represented. Why did Blizzard North get sacked? Because they had artistic integrity? Just look at the original plans for D3, from the early 2000's, they say a lot about how the game was really meant to be. It is really disappointing that the original project got scrapped. Besides, the vast majority even on Blizzard's site have stated they definitely prefer the originally planned art, even in this day when graphics and all is supposed to be better, and many of whom state this really appreciate graphics in general.

A game is primarily defined by what emotion or feeling it gives to the player. This is done via artistic and conceptual vision. Diablo 3 does not feel ANYTHING like D2. Smoothness and high-performing requirements can be good things, but very often are just otherwise.

People game for the EXPERIENCE, not the way you swing your hammer, how neat the inventory looks or how fast a button-click responds. The experience is both intellectual and artistic. But Diablo 3's ambient qualities just plummeted to regular cartoons, and mindless DPS-viewing.
    It IS cartoony as by the saturated candy-whooping animations and designs, silly (wow, a boss named "Skeleton king"... wow, how cheesy), simplistic (they've scrapped the whole stat and skill system, and in fact, all LOGIC behind choosing skills instead you'll just choose and construct a "role" or animations). It IS simply dumbed-down both artisticly and stat-wise.

Ok, whoever enjoys MMO's (and Blizzard's oh-so-inspirational WoW in particular), you can be delighted by this game. But it is nowhere near art as opposed to originals.

Not to mention that the originals were SINGLE-PLAYER GAMES, that actually ALLOWED playing the game. Whereas this iteration throws other players in your game, without you having any intention of playing with them (not to mention the damned DRM). And on top of all, this MULTIPLAYER game does not allow for competitive multiplayer nor LAN.

This Diablo 3 can go to Pandaria, as much as I am concerned.
  64. Jun 27, 2012
    The randomised gameplay aspect is just a lie... Theo nly randomised things is fro example wagon switched places with a tree and occasionally popping up "random events", from a pool of like 2 per area. The rest is always same... From old Blizzard and for 60euros i expected to have many random events (come on, its not hard to script such events - players do it all the time in map editor ofThe randomised gameplay aspect is just a lie... Theo nly randomised things is fro example wagon switched places with a tree and occasionally popping up "random events", from a pool of like 2 per area. The rest is always same... From old Blizzard and for 60euros i expected to have many random events (come on, its not hard to script such events - players do it all the time in map editor of warcraft and starcraft games for free) in the pool and really randomly generated maps instead of what Actiblizzard gave us. Replayability is so utterly boring and repetetive that is a "no go".

Now the core: Actiblizzard made it the elite packs hunting. But what they gave us is hunting 4 irrelevant model of monsters with what really matters: totally random and not well thought-trough combinations of traits which are the thing you fight with... for melee characters you always see elite pack as a spinning lazers and for ranged you see them as mortar fireballs flying towards you - all the rest is irrelevant and that makes elite fights utterly boring retro arcade game.

On top of that you are bound to 2 very similiar combinations of one build that is the only way to challenge anything higher in difficulty than an actuall faceroll difficulty level for you AND build gets very boring. When you switch to anything else you wont be able to kill elite packs due to radiculous traits combinations.

Of course there is other way.... bring your credit card numbers (even tho you already paid 60euros).

In short:
    RMAH (real money acution house) is a fantastic feature, a great addition to any game, but sadly D3 was a low budget addon to the RMAH.
  65. Aug 21, 2013
    I'll cut this real short and simple:

-Always online DRM. Hosting own game in D2 worked just fine. No reason for this garbage except No single player mode incredibly insulting. Screams of greed. -Real Money Auction House: You may have thought you didn't need to use the AH if you didn't want. You were wrong as gear drop rates are so low it has been clearly designed to force you to
    I'll cut this real short and simple:

-Real Money Auction House: You may have thought you didn't need to use the AH if you didn't want. You were wrong as gear drop rates are so low it has been clearly designed to force you to spend money on top of the $60 full price you spent on the game itself.

-Storyline absolutely abysmal. I thoroughly enjoyed the Medieval Gothic themes of D1 & D2. Here we have bright colors, non-dark environments and no gothic art style to be found anywhere. Instead we get Starcraft Protoss heaven. Literally everything about the storyline was terrible to me. Tyreal going from this mysterious, cool sounding rebel archangel to a random black guy. Deckard Cain killed for literally no reason. Diablo and all other major act bosses are simply generic villain clones that look like something out of WoW raid dungeons. Game forces you on rails through each quest in order so no skipping quests once you've already beaten the game.

-5+ years on development would have given sufficient time for a good team of industry veterans to create a deep, huge game world with interesting mechanics and things to do. Instead you can beat the game in less than 12 hours.

-No skill/talent trees from D2. Can't make interesting builds. Instead you have a limited skill pool to choose from, which is easier for casuals to understand but don't as much customization as D2 skills tree did.

-Server and lag issues that exist solely because of always online DRM. Hardcore players regularly killed because of lag and coding.

Perhaps one of the most sad aspects of this whole experience is there are still legions of die hard, fanboy zealots that absolutely adore being spoonfed this kind of extreme From a gameplay perspective and a business perspective D3 is absolutely a ripoff when one has at least a tad of experience under their belt. Do you think other companies could get away with this Imagine all car companies required their cars to be logged in & connected to wi-fi internet in order to work in order to stop automobile thefts. Do you think that kind of business model would work? No. People would be outraged and actually spam them with letters telling them just where they can shove it.

In the game industry however, I'd wager to say most gamers are between ages 12-28 and as such these people are less likely to have experience in business, thus the industry can still make a profit ripping people off. They get away with it because young people in that age group usually don't care or lack the knowledge to make informed decisions. When you buy Diablo 3, you are literally using your wallet to tell Blizzard to make more games like this. Companies will always trail what was successful in the past. Every gamer should NEVER pre-order a video game and instead read many reviews and watch many raw gameplay footage of said game after release before deciding to buy.

Thus sadly, Diablo 3 style games will continue to be pumped out by blizzard such as their "Reaper of Souls" expansion pack. Diablo 3 no doubt was commercially successful despite it clearly being an inferior experience to its predecessors that are a decade old. The people to blame for this mess are the gamers who wasted their money on this and encouraged this rotten business behaviour.

I should know, I was regretfully one of them.
    Never again however. I haven't touched Heart of the Swarm and never will. However the cinematics quality was high, but the way the story played out was laughable.
  66. Feb 17, 2014
    Not as good as Diablo 1 or 2 or even Torchlight 1 or 2.

Basically 4 things drag it down HARD. 1. Worst of all it is pay to win (but not even close to free to play). Inexcusable for a game you pay for. Obnoxiously so for a game you pay this much for. 2. Story. This story is weak. Some of the characters are fun (I'd like to learn more about many of the followers), but the demon of
    Not as good as Diablo 1 or 2 or even Torchlight 1 or 2.

Basically 4 things drag it down HARD.

2. Story. This story is weak. Some of the characters are fun (I'd like to learn more about many of the followers), but the demon of lies is a horrible liar (being obvious from the get-go) and the boards/missions/quests are not varied or exciting enough.

3. Loot/drops. Because they decided to make it pay to win, Loot and drops are not worth grinding, on the whole. Merchants are useless, and even legendary drops are unexciting given that they are almost always not even worth selling on the auction house. Its basically this: there is one correct way to play without real money. Grind gold, go to AH, buy items, grind more gold. Alternatively, you can, instead of playing the actual game, play the auction house to make money.

I don't think anyone bought Diablo 3 to play "stock market, fantasy style" but that's one of the two viable ways to do well in the game. Awful.

4. Online only DRM (with sweet, sweet server management. Honestly, if the game were good, I could probably/possibly excuse this. I think/hope that it prevents haxx, which sorta ruined any pvp or multiplayer in prior Diablos (especially 1). Given that I primarily want to play with my family, I'd be more than happy to lose this in favor of LAN based play.
  67. May 15, 2012
    It could have been great after so many years, but Blizzard just wants to fleece us: destroying single player and LAN play, and forcing everybody to play online so we spend money in their Auction House just destroys the game, however good it can be.

Shame on you, Blizzard.
  68. Apr 24, 2013
    The game is a soulless version of what it was supposed to be. This is not Diablo 3, this is a sham. Maybe it was never supposed to happen? Maybe it was dead all along and that is okay, what was given was glorious in its day and it will always have that place in history. Let Diablo die one final time, lay it to rest and say goodbye.
  69. May 19, 2012
    I've played this game for a couple of days now and I must admit that it doesn't come close to the expectations I had before release. After playing through normal and ACT 3 on Nightmare the game still stinks of a grind-fest. I haven't even once had to stop and think on how to defeat a mob/boss. So I think I would rather let this game takes its place in the bookshelf and gather dust for theI've played this game for a couple of days now and I must admit that it doesn't come close to the expectations I had before release. After playing through normal and ACT 3 on Nightmare the game still stinks of a grind-fest. I haven't even once had to stop and think on how to defeat a mob/boss. So I think I would rather let this game takes its place in the bookshelf and gather dust for the rest of time cause this game was a let down. Expand
  70. May 20, 2012
    Barb is Sonic the Super Saiyan, I will never play game that is so simplified that it takes me for a retard. Automatic Attributes, Skills, now even Runes you unlock automatically, I dont see a reason why does it just play automatically and you just watch... Stupid game big disappointment. I dont like new plastic fancy fairy tale design, diablo is about gothic-demons-gore
  71. May 25, 2012
    More than a week on and I'm still rather disappointed. Game feels rather shallow compared to previous iterations and is selling on name alone.

Decent, but nothing more.
  72. May 31, 2012
    A horrible Disappointment. I bought the game and I can't play it because I have really unreliable internet. This is a single player game, why do I have to log in to play? I only get about 3 hours of gameplay before it logs off and I have to restart my internet. I don't play MMO's because of this, but it shouldn't happen with a singleplayer game.

As for the actual game. Well everything

As for the actual game. Well everything has been dumbed down to appeal to a wider audience. But As a former fan of Diablo, It kills the actual RPG feel the Dungeon Crawler used to have.
  73. Jul 21, 2012
    Wow... there isnt much more I can say about this game that hasnt already been said.

So I will talk about the company that allows you to play it. I have been on the Diablo 3 forums from day 1 reading and commenting on constructive criticism because I really wanted the game to be successful. The reason the forums exist is so players can discuss game topics and the state of the game

So I will talk about the company that allows you to play it.

The reason the forums exist is so players can discuss game topics and the state of the game in general. Even when I requested a refund from blizzard they asked me to comment on the reasons I was leaving in their forums.

Well... I have been banned from the forums twice now for what they claim to be "Trolling".

What I did was post inside treads that offered constructive, and well worded feedback, and criticism. Most of these posts even without ToS violations get censored and deleted. It doesnt really matter what you say on thier forums, as long as its not something they agree with.. they simply remove it.

I made a very good post the other day about the difference between F2P and P2P, and based on the fact that Diablo 3's business model is to make residual income from its MicroTransaction using the RMAH, I said that Diablo 3 should convert to F2P to get the majority of the players back.

There was a lot of comments some negative and some very constructive that brought up many good points.

This is what blizzard considers trolling. I did not slander blizzard, I did not say their game sucks, I did not make any negitive comments about the game. I simply showed two arguments on how it should be F2P instead of P2P, and got banned for it.

This company is going down hill, and fast. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how things are going for not only their parent company but blizzard itself.

So to sum it all up:

Diablo is indeed a very bad game. If you need reasons.. just visit any site that provides user feedback.

Blizzard is a bad company and ppl should not buy games or any products from them. It just allows them to keep doing what they are doing. They will ask you for your opinions and then they will censer you, and then they will ban you for them. This company does not like free thinking ppl, and this is even more obvious if you look at how they totally dumped down the game because they think all you consumers are morons.

Just ask Jay Wilson.
  74. Jul 24, 2012
    List of bad things about D3:

Loot drops are horrible 99.8% of the time Game is forces you to repeat the same content over and over and over Auction house makes farming seems pointless Game forces you to re-watch cutsceneses and re-listen to dialogues over and over Game forces you to wear all resist No build diversity Random affix generation creates stupidly irritating combinations
    List of bad things about D3:

Loot drops are horrible 99.8% of the time
    Game is forces you to repeat the same content over and over and over
    Auction house makes farming seems pointless
    Game forces you to wear all resist
    No build diversity
    Random affix generation creates stupidly irritating combinations on elites
    Game is hacked
    Game is run by bots
    Economy is ruined
    Latency issues
    Game is full of scammers
    Co-op is pointless
    Forums will ban you for negative responses
    Blizzard has lost peoples transactions on RMAH
    No endgame goals. Nothing to strive for.
    Pay to win
    Story is boring
    Too difficult unless you spend real money
    Spam bots have hijacked the chat channels
    Blizzard is slow, and unprofessional keepin the community informed
    Technical errors, login problems, disconnects
    No way to reclaim lost or stolen items/$
    Bosses have worse drops than elites
    No skill points
    Skill UI no good
    AH UI no good
    No way to conveniently swap gear
    DRM - No offline play
    Broken gameplay mechanics
    No lasting appeal
    User feels empty and robbed at the end of the experience
    Jay Wilson
    Activision
    Greed
  75. Aug 1, 2012
    A lot of money was spent on this 'Arcade RPG' and 0 is an unplayable mess and I rate this game a 0 because:

Most Clicked this game is playable one hand with your eyes closed. This is a Zero because it isn't a game.

It is an experiment. A meta test on gold selling, auctions worth real money, and loot grinding. Please don't let games become Casinos online RPG....
  76. Sep 20, 2012
    The game runs smoothly and looks pretty good but that's about all the it has going for it. It's extremely repetitive and the loot that you get just isn't enough to make the game enjoyable. Don't waste your money on this game.
  77. Sep 24, 2012
    Oh...what to say that hasn't been said already by hordes of angry disappointed fans. This is the First BAD game that Blizzard releases. Plain and simple, that's how everyone will remember Diablo 3, (hopefully the first and last). Why?? How a company with so many resources, virtually unlimited for the gaming industry, and so much time could've got it this wrong? I kept asking myself andOh...what to say that hasn't been said already by hordes of angry disappointed fans. This is the First BAD game that Blizzard releases. Plain and simple, that's how everyone will remember Diablo 3, (hopefully the first and last). Why?? How a company with so many resources, virtually unlimited for the gaming industry, and so much time could've got it this wrong? I kept asking myself and coming with the same answer every time: "Lack of talent". This new Blizzard Diablo 3 team and specially their lead designer are simply not good enough to make a game that lives up to the expectations of the Diablo fans. Aside the fact that the game was developed around the single and main purpose of serving as Cash-Cow for Blizzard, and the internet always requirement, No LAN support, horrible launch, etc etc...You could've still made a great game out of Diablo 3...if you didn't fail in the next 50 aspects of it. Some of which are Looting system (they simply didn't get the point of it), character progression through talents/spells/attributes (they gutted them in favor of simpler/streamlined game play), the removal of random map generation, and the lack of understanding on how to properly design a grind based point-click Action RPG' mobs (boring easy to One shotted and nothing in between). They just never got it. My opinion is this is due to their lead designer and Blizzard's greediness. I call what happened to Diablo 3: "FPS mentality". Their lead designer's FPS background clearly shows in every step of Diablo 3, and it's sad, because he could Expand
  78. Nov 8, 2012
    Awful and dumbed down in every singe way,The RMAH turn this game in a simple pay 2 win. thx god that i could rollback the charges in my CC. DOnt waste ur money in this crap....
    Awful and dumbed down in every singe
  79. Oct 4, 2015
    Blizzard destroyed the glorious Diablo franchise with this title, the same way Ubisoft is butchering Heroes of Might and Magic. Diablo 3 feels bland, boring, grindy. There is no atmosphere, no terror, it's just a dumb game aimed at casual players.
    If you played and enjoyed Diablo I and II, then beware: DO NOT buy this generic crap!
    I could be forgiving with indie developers, but
    I could be forgiving with indie developers, but Blizzard... seriously? There is no excuse for this disaster.
    A sad, angry, frustrated ZERO from a long-time fan of the series.
  80. May 15, 2012
    I was already extremely disappointed from the start because of the overall "WoWification" (which I probably don't need to go into detail about; read the other 500 reviews about it), but with the whole unplayable part I am officially mad. I regret buying this
  81. May 16, 2012
    This is Diablo mod for Warcraft. It looks like Warcraft (W3 or WoW), characters are like from Warcraft (demon hunter, witch doctor), most of the skills you can trace to Warcraft universe. Skills themselves look ridiculous, and too flashy.
    You can't influence character development, you can only chose combination of skills. Was this game made by marketing department of Vivendi/Activision with help of Warcraft Team?
    Disappointment
  82. May 19, 2012
    Well i have DRM issues, as many other do, i can't agree with that policy of constant internet connection, of auctions with real â
  83. Jun 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo 3 is a solid 2, and I'm being generous.

Server Stability: -3
    -The first week you could not play the game

-In release a week after, the Auction House was not available for use and it still has problems

-In release three weeks into release, the Auction House can't sell plans or trade goods due to the server

-Latency in game play can and will cause you to instantly die in Inferno Act 2+

Skill Tree: 8
    -The new skill tree allows you to change skills on the fly and it is very helpful

-You can use skills from the same skill families on your hot bar

Fight Mechanics -2
    -The fight mechanics up to and including Inferno Act 1 is an 8, because there really is no one build that you have to run and you can take a hit if you need to be in close doing damage.

-The fight mechanics from Inferno Act 2 and onward is a -10, because if you take 1 or 2 hits you are instantly dead. All classes including Warriors and Monks are forced to Kite, you have no other viable solution, you have to KITE. You are forced to play the game under a very limited and narrow design of skills.

Loot Drop -1
    -You don't get loot that is useful to the class you are currently playing. Instead 99% of the time when you do get a useful loot drop, it is good for another class. You have to go to the Auction House and sell it and then use the money to buy the item that should have dropped for you. Most other modern RPG's have set it up where loot that drops is at least geared towards your class, but not Blizzard they know better. In reality, the loot system is set up to force you to use the Real Money Auction House to buy gear. Basically, Diablo 3 is a pay to play Microtransaction based MMO (Asian style). It blows, it blows, it blows.

The game gets a solid 2, and that is all that it deserves.

Lastly, whoever decided to make Diablo at transexual at Blizzard should be fired. I don't want to see a Diablo with **** it is NOT RIGHT. Thanks for pulling a George Lucas and raping what was my favorite RPG franchise.

Buy Torchlight 2 if you want to play a better game.
  84. May 21, 2012
    I'm level 55 and the game peaked at kinda fun about half way through but then quickly dropped to tedious monotony. This is not the product a company with unlimited resources and a sure fire hit should of made. Just for example, the items in the game are boring with only bigger number changes throughout the entire game. It is pure design by spreadsheet. No imagination. I could go on.. but meh.
  85. Jul 25, 2012
    Game was great until the nerfs started coming in; don't need some faceless corporation telling me how the game should be played andor enjoyed. What's next on the nerf list? Crit damage? Crit chance? Running too fast? Gold pickup radius too wide? Stacking a particular stat too high?

Crafting is a waste of time. I think every aspect of the game is somehow pointing you to the direction of the RMAH. Buy with real money to win. Ever heard of a "useless legendary"? Play this game and you will know what it means.
  86. Jul 28, 2012
    I will not complain: 200 hours of playing were every cent of this game worth. But I have to admit, that everyone who loved D1 or D2, actually will hate this game. It's not because of any graphics, sounds or even the balance. It's simply because of the feeling, being punished for playing. The loot is horrible, some of the monsters are pretty unfair - not difficult to solve - simply justI will not complain: 200 hours of playing were every cent of this game worth. But I have to admit, that everyone who loved D1 or D2, actually will hate this game. It's not because of any graphics, sounds or even the balance. It's simply because of the feeling, being punished for playing. The loot is horrible, some of the monsters are pretty unfair - not difficult to solve - simply just unfair. Won't buy the next Blizzard game for sure, D3 is just a big disappointment. For people who don't know D1 or D2 and don't want to play inferno, it may be a good game but even then just rated a 6, maybe 7. Expand
  87. Aug 18, 2012
    It's a single-player game that requires online. The writing has taken a nosedive compared to Diablo II. The gameplay is repetitive without being as satisfying as Diablo II.
  88. Sep 22, 2012
    Superbad game. Boring, money-making, over and over boring game. Blizzard, what have you done? Where is the spirit of the old "Blizzard North" of the original Diablo? Where? Oh, wait a minute...? It's runic's game "Torchlight II".
  89. Oct 6, 2012
    A perfect example on how to destroy one of the best game franchises around. Not worth spending a dime on it. You are better off playing any other game in the arpg style like torchlight 2, borderlands 2 or path of exile. Stay away from this game.
  90. Oct 10, 2013
    I really wanted to play this, but on-going server issues absolutely destroyed the experience. After actually being able to play the game, nothing short of a masterpiece would've sufficed, and this unfortunately is no masterpiece yet just another mindless hack-n-slash game with an extremely boring story that tends to think that sending mindless waves at you constitutes an enjoyable game.I really wanted to play this, but on-going server issues absolutely destroyed the experience. After actually being able to play the game, nothing short of a masterpiece would've sufficed, and this unfortunately is no masterpiece yet just another mindless hack-n-slash game with an extremely boring story that tends to think that sending mindless waves at you constitutes an enjoyable game. This would potentially be true if the game didn't look like a cartoon, a truly regrettable gaming experience. Expand
  91. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the worst games I've ever played and as a 'Diablo' title, it's an insult to the series and it's fans. The storytelling is enforced on every player. The music is forgettable and theatrical. The voice acting is repetitive, terrible and over the top. The bosses are stupid and underwhelming. The gameplay is linear. The story is butchered and stupid. The 'stylized' art style looks goodOne of the worst games I've ever played and as a 'Diablo' title, it's an insult to the series and it's fans. The storytelling is enforced on every player. The music is forgettable and theatrical. The voice acting is repetitive, terrible and over the top. The bosses are stupid and underwhelming. The gameplay is linear. The story is butchered and stupid. The 'stylized' art style looks good at first glance, but then you see that the developers vision of "horror" theme is nothing more than cliche Halloween styled artistry with pastel colored bodies and blood smears placed in random fashion. Everything about it just felt cheap. To make matters worse, the fanbase told them all along that the direction of the game was a bad idea. From the beginning blizzard ignored all those opinions and now today, we see blizzard backtracking on all those things that they told us would be good. But at the end of the day, the core of the game itself has been trampled all over and it would need to be remade from the ground up to be fixed. Such a terrible game, I will be burdened with the memories for the rest of my life. I wasn't dumb enough to enjoy it. Expand
  92. Jan 12, 2014
    Avoid it at all costs!! I got this title free from Blizzard because of a WoW subscription promotion and even paying for WoW and getting a special mount it DID NOT worth it. It cannot be compared to Diablo I and II. The end was something that most players will feel more painful that ME3 and DA2. Not even for free I got satisfied. You have been warned!!
  93. Mar 13, 2014
    I can't in my right mind give this game a good review when it has destroyed such a wonderful and one of my favourite ever franchises.

There are those who would applaud Diablo 3 as a model of great AAA quality, others just because it is Blizzard, and most because they are fans of the franchise although they don't know it, they prove to actually not being true fans to the franchise as this is in a completely different direction than the originals.

To make things clear, I will review the game in two ways. The first is as a New IP, the second as a sequel to an Old IP.

As a new IP, the game direction, design and style is not that bad. Blizzard has the budget to back up quality in the product and it shows, from the wonderfully detailed menus, to everything, it is simply polished up real nice. What starts to then weaken it is the fact that it really seams simple in it's structure, especially for a game being developed for so long and especially for a hack and slash game released on 2012. Expectations are far beyond what was given from a company with such a budget and resources as Blizzard, but expectations are also larger from what is actually possible in such a game and genre in our time.

The length was quite short. The story was ok-ish. Included DRM and other online things that simply shouldn't be there for a game like this. Limited party size, to simply later reveal that the game was indeed aimed for consoles as well.

I have nothing against a game being also made for consoles, as long as it doesn't take out features from the PC version just to do this, the way Diablo 3 did. The game felt 5 years old and that is the best that can be said about it as a new IP, no matter how polished it was. The game ends up being marginally a 5/10 as it doesn't deliver in a surprisingly new way neither lives up to the expectations of a company as large as Blizzard and so much time being put into it. RAGE from id was longer, for crying out loud, and it was a first person shooter. Skyrim took around the same time to develop, and the results show why. Diablo 3 does not convince in any way that it is a project taken seriously, especially with regards to the original fans, which takes us to part 2.

Reviewing it as the sequel to the original franchise (which is the true review) the game is simply not Diablo. Diablo 2 delivered, in size and content 4 times that of the original, and it kept to the original style which is what the Diablo universe was all about that Lovecraft styled and gothic demonic look and atmosphere created. Something that the previous Blizzard employees that actually worked on and made Diablo 1 and 2 managed to recreate on their next project, Hellgate.

The direction was a slap in the face. It is like playing the TES universe and the third iteration being in a completely different direction than the other two. Blizzard saw into simply scrapping the original franchise and making something new, make it marginally as long as the previous titles if not shorter (much shorter actually), get rid of entire features, apply it to consoles, use the old franchise name and their own to sell and advertise it, and deliver a product that did nothing of create the feeling the old titles created. Art direction was mostly changed to appeal to a larger scale target market as well, also evident in the fact that it was ultimately aimed at console launches as well.

To further prove that they really don't give a damn about the old franchise, neither the fans, at the complaint on the new direction and art for Diablo 3 from many fans, they released a troll Cow Level with rainbows claiming that "this is childish", not Diablo 3. Hardly the approach of a serious company, but rather the actions of a child arguing it's point, going completely out of their way to simply try and prove they are right.

They are not right, not by a long-shot. The feel of the original franchise which was spectacular simply wasn't there, it was something else. The Cthulu-ish designs and dark sinister world worthy of the name Diablo was scrapped, and they have the audacity to try and say otherwise even though the results are so evident? I am ashamed in them, and the title.

Diablo 3 brought nothing new to the genre instead it simplified it, while it also ruined the original franchise, and instead of delivering at least an attempt to show that they put twice the work in it than previous Diablo titles, we get results that require half the effort. Path of Exile felt more like the original Diablo franchise, and it was a free to play game from an indie developer. The results Blizzard achieved here are appalling and not nearly in the lowest of their standards that we deserve to have. But then again, Blizzard hasn't been Blizzard since 2002.

The game is barely 2/10. I would have given it 3/10, but Blizzards stance on it, the continuation of supporting their decision rather than admitting to fault, along with other things, drops it to 2/10... And I am being nice.
  94. Jul 19, 2014
    I didn't fall for the hype, Didn't buy the game. Now Blizzard is offering a free demo. The game was made in 2012, but right from the start, it feels like I could have been made in 2005. I've played plenty of rpgs and diablo spinoffs, but this "official" Diablo feels like a spinoff itself, but a cheap one, that could have been made by a kickstarter effort from a few thousand dollars.
    In
    In 2014 (or 2012 for that matter) no character customization is an absolute no go.
    Poor inventory handling is an absolute no go.
    Poor interaction menu is an absolute no go.
    I truly feel like I'm playing a game from 10 years ago, not 2 years ago. It was acceptable for Diablo II to look and play the way it looked and played, but it's totally unacceptable in 2014 (or 2012).
    We had RPGs already, that done plenty of innovation in many aspects to the genre, none can be found in D3. Not sure if it's the stubborn Blizzard idea or somehow it's a design "feature".
    If I want to use a metaphor, imagine buying a car today for the same price as all the others, but upon sitting into it, you realize, it's equipped like a car from the 80s. 13 inch wheels, drum brakes, cassette player only, no remote lock or alarm and the seat feels like an old used sofa and it smells like mildew inside. All, for a premium price. It would be the laughing stock of the world, and so D3 should be.
  95. May 15, 2012
    I TOLD EVERYBODY I KNEW NOT TO BUY THIS GAME,yet my cousin did and invited me to test it with him.
    He can't believe he paid for such a piece of ****
    I will make it simple: .Everything started long,long,LOOONG ago: An old school gamer was sitting on his desktop PC reading vg news and cursing about how bad were games on those days compared to those of his youth (now they're even worse),when
    He can't believe he paid for such a piece of ****
    I will make it simple:
    .Everything started long,long,LOOONG ago:
    An old school gamer was sitting on his desktop PC reading vg news and cursing about how bad were games on those days compared to those of his youth (now they're even worse),when suddenly blizzard said:
    -Hey! We're releasing Diablo 3
    And the gamer (better known as me) remembered his favourite game of all time (Diablo 2) and said:
    -Oh,gee! that will be the savior of the current bad,casual,dumb,and nonsense pc gaming
    Then Blizzard said:
    -Look at this graphics
    And I said:
    -Hey,thats a good looking wow expansion,but,where's Diablo 3?
    Then Blizzard said:
    -Don't worry,it will become dark afterwards,anyway,look at this arquetypes of main characters
    me:
    -not bad,they're a bit awkward,and the skills are a little dull,but i'll manage to compensate it with the correct stats
    Blizzard:
    -Oh!...You werent informed?Our main costumers find the stat systems difficult to use,so there won't be stats...But hey,you will have a lot of runes and skills to make your character unique,it will be fine.
    me:
    -It won't be fine,but it's something,i'm always good at choosing skills
    Blizzard:
    -sorry thats out too.the skills tree sets up by itself
    me:
    -then it's not a tree,its a list...I guess that I'll have to do with the looting,i'm experienced in this,i'm a great looter,i could grind a Tyraels Might in the den of evil in normal and in version 1.09
    Blizzard:
    That won't be necessary,due to the high demand of farmers on the internet,we have decided to allow a real money equippment selling system so you don't have to play the game to become the best
    me:
    -Do you realize that there's no such thing as "best" when all the choices are the same? ¬¬
    Blizzard:
    -With Blizzard,you're always the best (if you pay,of course).However,trust us,the game will be good
    me:
    -no,it will be not...How could it? you failed in all the fields,what else could you mess up in?
    Blizzard:
    -It'll be great cause we have an amazing anti piracy sistem...check this out fellows,we,the genius,have decided to turn the sigleplayer mode in an always-need-to-be-online DRM style wow gameplay.
    Trust us,we're Blizzard,and this is Diablo,so it has to be a great game.
    me:
    -Do you think you're the only ones who tried to sell an awful game just by it's name?
    Blizzard:
    -I detect a bit of self thinking right there,I'll better turn up the hype level...
    What if I tell you,that Diablo 3 is made to be played with an Xbox or PS3 controller?
    WTF???!! O.O
    Blizzard:
    -What? Don't you like the idea? just like your favourite games.
    me:
    -MY FAVOURITE GAME IS DIABLO 2!!!
    Blizzard:
    -Then you're lucky,gentleman because we're releasing Diablo 3 in short,would you like to pre-order?
    me:
    -Shut up,you're not getting my money
    Blizzard: -What? thats not possible,listen It's a great game,trust me...game...best.......great..........buy.......... ................................................ ....Send me money, send me green Heaven you will meet Make a contribution and you'll get a better seat..... BOW TO LEPPER MESSIAH!! HAHAHAHA!!!!... _END_ Now,seriously,Creeping Death advises you not to buy this game...OR ELSE YOUR DOOR WILL BE LAMB BLOOD PAINTED TONIGHT!!!!
  96. May 15, 2012
    Score the game based on it's gameplay folks, not a temper tantrum. I'm giving it a 4, because they gutted so much of what I loved about D1/2, the graphics are pretty weak, and the online DRM is inconvenient to say the least. It would pass as an iOS game or a $10 indie title, but as a follow up to one of the best games of all time, it is a disgrace.
  97. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard is ignoring their players since Activision joined them.

This game and their servers with crap DRM system proves that. Not worth your money. Just ignore this game and all the talking about it. About gameplay.... well.... all you do is click click click.. things die, 8 hours passed. And you completed the game and waisted 60euros. GOOD JOB. Wait for Torchlight 2 people, the guys
    Blizzard is ignoring their players since Activision joined them.

This game and their servers with crap DRM system proves that.

Not worth your money. Just ignore this game and all the talking about it.

Wait for Torchlight 2 people, the guys behind it really work hard to do great games and deserve the money, Not like Blizzard who is just money hungry ugly Corp. Which wants to milk their costumers of money.
  98. May 16, 2012
    huge disappointment, and an unworthy sequel.. no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up.
    Legalized gold selling, pay-to-win, WoW inspired skills, cheesy text, cliché, uninspired dialog, story and scenes.
    DRM that requires you to be constanly online LEVEL 60 CAP Surely to be raised to 70,80,90 and so on with yearly expansions that consists of cut content for only another $60.

Also I know for a fact blizzard datamines WoW players, so I probably was too with D3. Now just what do they feel so entitled to take from players?...
  99. May 20, 2012
    No, the game isn't as horrible as people make it out to be, but it's still the most disappointing Blizzard title to date. The graphics may be severely dated, the gameplay might be lackluster and tedious at times, and there is extremely limited variety among random item modifiers -- but the game is still fun -- although perhaps not $60-fun. I recommend it to people who are head over heelsNo, the game isn't as horrible as people make it out to be, but it's still the most disappointing Blizzard title to date. The graphics may be severely dated, the gameplay might be lackluster and tedious at times, and there is extremely limited variety among random item modifiers -- but the game is still fun -- although perhaps not $60-fun. I recommend it to people who are head over heels in love with the Diablo series but nobody else.

The game has plenty of great details, such as the fantastic-looking environments and animations despite the outdated graphics engine. The gameplay is fun, but it gets tedious very quickly -- Normal / Nightmare difficulties are way too easy, and Hell / Inferno are nothing more than inflated difficulty (insanely high HP/Damage) that require you to grind for better gear. The only new enemies you fight are ones that have gimmick abilities you must dodge (like of like a mario party minigame) and aren't actually any more difficult AI-wise. Really, they could have done a lot more in the 6+ years of development.

My issues with the game seem to be endless at times. The always-online DRM, the constant server problems and lag, frame-drops (my computer can handle most games at maxed GFX, but I still get frame-drops in Diablo 3), no PvP on launch, and I digress. One of my biggest complaints is that the auction house is a miserable excuse for a way to exchange items between players; with clunky searching options, maximum of 10 auctions at a time, and you cannot take items down once you've put them up -- so they are stuck there for 2 days unless they sell. So all in all, not the worst purchase I've ever made, but it's definitely one of the biggest let-downs.
  100. Jun 11, 2012
    It is bad when you have to update a review and lower an already low score. Low poly models, bad lightning, shader issues, lack of camera movement / zoom. We can list them but we can say: many similar games share these traits. Lag spikes, disconnects, error 37... Ok, some online games stay this unstable for weeks long, Diablo III isn't all alone. Online only single player encourages accountIt is bad when you have to update a review and lower an already low score. Low poly models, bad lightning, shader issues, lack of camera movement / zoom. We can list them but we can say: many similar games share these traits. Lag spikes, disconnects, error 37... Ok, some online games stay this unstable for weeks long, Diablo III isn't all alone. Online only single player encourages account hacking but doesn't prevent item duplication? That is bad. And even worse with server side achievement and AH bugs. We can speak about stability issues, hacking incidents, AH bugs, item duplication and other things. We can point to the fact, there is no PVP because the game is half finished. We can see frequent hotfixes because of huge balance problems that shows how some abilities weren't tested at all. We see numerous smaller or bigger issues. We can see how Blizzard lied in russian key related scandals. But sadly when many people tell you, "it was easy to this point, but now I can't make a progress at all" and good drops just don't want to drop even after days... Then you have to say the game can offer you two things: Boredom because you see no challenge, or boredom because the game is too hard. Where is the fun part? Ok, "flow" (if you learned about psychology) and mindless farming can be "motivating" and "fun" for some. But the same people would have fun as factory workers as well.

Why the game can't even have short part where the difficulty is just right and you can enjoy it? Why everyone sees easy progress then hit a wall and see "no progress"? Because the balancing mechanism that help to set proper difficulty are just wrong, and small tweaks and adjustment can't fix it. The core game mechanism is flawed and it needs a total redesign. This with the well known issues is enough to rate this game as a 0/10.
  101. May 15, 2012
    I purchased Diablo 3 on the launch and expected a fully functional product at the release. What I got was a game that wasn't working. I spent hours trying to play the game, but it seems like it's impossible to login and play the game, which I payed 60USD for. This is the first time I've purchased a product which I can't use. I am very surprised that Blizzard haven't spent more time withI purchased Diablo 3 on the launch and expected a fully functional product at the release. What I got was a game that wasn't working. I spent hours trying to play the game, but it seems like it's impossible to login and play the game, which I payed 60USD for. This is the first time I've purchased a product which I can't use. I am very surprised that Blizzard haven't spent more time with this game, since it's been a what? 8 year development cycle? How can you release a game filled with bugs and crashes and a non-functional login which makes it impossible to play the game? Oh don't let me start with the PvP and customization aspects they've removed from the game. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012