4.0

1. May 17, 2012
    Diablo III... or Diablo II with better graphics and a poor story... Blizzard only has three "lines". And they can't expect to live forever with only three sagas.
  2. May 18, 2012
    There are far many games worse than D3, but $60 for this is absolutely a travesty. Graphics not great, audio pretty weak, and when playing you know that it's not worth even $30 so it makes the game that much worse. Everyone has said enough already, but don't buy this game now.
  3. May 19, 2012
    Diablo 3 is fun, but produces nothing new to the gaming community. Controls are archaic, camera is clumsy and graphics feel plainly odd. I'm sorry, but this game does nothing to bring technology or gaming forward.
  4. May 20, 2012
    I have a horrible internet connection and can not play this because it lags so bad!!!! It is so annoying that there is no single player, it is the biggest disgrace to blizzard ever. To top things off the game play seems like a first grader re programmed (and did a bad job) the d2 code and made everything that was good go away and everything that was bad a staple. On top of that it is notI have a horrible internet connection and can not play this because it lags so bad!!!! It is so annoying that there is no single player, it is the biggest disgrace to blizzard ever. To top things off the game play seems like a first grader re programmed (and did a bad job) the d2 code and made everything that was good go away and everything that was bad a staple. On top of that it is not addictive in any way shape or form. Expand
  5. May 25, 2012
    As a big fan of Diablo 2 I try so hard to like this game, but, the game boils down to economics in the auction house, in other words: Who can make the most gold and thus buy the best equipment. When the developers saw that people could play so well that they didn't need fantastic gear to take down end game bosses they nerfed those characters until they were nonviable for players at anyAs a big fan of Diablo 2 I try so hard to like this game, but, the game boils down to economics in the auction house, in other words: Who can make the most gold and thus buy the best equipment. When the developers saw that people could play so well that they didn't need fantastic gear to take down end game bosses they nerfed those characters until they were nonviable for players at any skill level unless they had ridiculous gear. Lag is ridiculously bad, so bad you think there is something wrong with your computer, but its not you, its them. Security at the moment is also an issue and characters who don't purchase an 'authenticator' from Blizzards online store are easy victims to the simplest of malware programs (that somehow evade modern antivirus tools) that are eager to strip your character naked of gear and gold. In its current state, this game is unplayable, in 6 months maybe they will have things up and running... Expand
  6. May 26, 2012
    This game, (which could have been decent, but not great either way) is marred by the online DRM. The entire game has to be built around this extreme type of DRM for it to "work." Never in the history of gaming, has this sort of antipiracy measure actually stopped the pirates, or the hackers from doing what they do. It hurts the legit players more than anybody. There is a reason that itThis game, (which could have been decent, but not great either way) is marred by the online DRM. The entire game has to be built around this extreme type of DRM for it to "work." Never in the history of gaming, has this sort of antipiracy measure actually stopped the pirates, or the hackers from doing what they do. It hurts the legit players more than anybody. There is a reason that it is getting hammered on customer reviews. Stupid, stupid decision Blizzard. Have you learned nothing from the failures that other games have experienced due to this sort of nonsense? Some people will probably be fired over this decision. In 10 years, people wil still be playing Diablo 2, but the diablo servers will have been down for many years, making it unplayable. Idiots Expand
  7. May 29, 2012
    I bought this game last night, was able to log in for about 5 minutes then battle.net went down. Tried again this morning and bnet was down again. No offline single player + crappy servers mean this game gets a big fat 0 for being totally unplayable.
  8. May 30, 2012
    The game is addicting but I have major gripes with it regardless. the "RPG" part of diablo is gone; you cannot allocate skill or attribute points yourself anymore and itimisation is incredibly dumbed down, which takes a lot of the uniqueness out of the game and forces you into a cookie cutter build. Add into this that the game is quite short and the replay value is quite limited, which isThe game is addicting but I have major gripes with it regardless. the "RPG" part of diablo is gone; you cannot allocate skill or attribute points yourself anymore and itimisation is incredibly dumbed down, which takes a lot of the uniqueness out of the game and forces you into a cookie cutter build. Add into this that the game is quite short and the replay value is quite limited, which is a department where D2 shined. Worse, much, much worse, is the online requirement. There are at least 2 or 3 major outages every week, preventing me from playing at all or severely disrupting my gaming experience. on top of this, there is weekly maintenance which further disrupts my ability to play the game. Expand
  9. Jun 2, 2012
    This game is in no way an improvement to Diablo 2. It fails in every way possible. And for the record I didn't buy this game BECAUSE of all the problems with it.

Always online DRM require you to be at Blizzards mercy, play with their buggy servers, with severe lag. Diablo 3 has no LAN, No open net because Blizzard is scared hackers will use the files to destroy their new cash cow auction

Diablo 3 has no LAN, No open net because Blizzard is scared hackers will use the files to destroy their new cash cow auction house.

Diablo 3 has No skill trees, No skill points, copy & paste characters with only gear differences making the only difference between your character and the next the gear you got at the cash cow auction house.

Diablo 3 is being hacked relentlessly by the second week. With over 28,000 threads (not posts THREADS!) worth of hacked players on Blizzards own forums. Blizzard is outright denying all of it, It's so bad two games journalist have been hacked one of them a eurogamer reviewer who gave the game a score it didn't deserve.

Blizzards Greed driven answer to this was to make a buck out of the hackings and aren't interested in helping people, only selling their broken and bypassed authenticators.

Meanwhile Blizzard just keeps on denying the problems with their game. While trying to spoon feed their customers garbage.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!

Go over have have a look at Torchlight 2 by the actual Devs that made Diablo 2. They're giving the fans everything that they ever dreamed of in a looting and hack n slash RPG .
  10. Jun 7, 2012
    Let's see - Blizzard want me to pay 45 pounds for a game where I am permanently at the mercy of their servers. A game whose main ethos is to make the company even more money. A single player game where they can change my character's abilities continually whether I like it or not. A dumbed down game with little variation. Errrrrr...........no thanks. Maybe if it comes down to 25 quidLet's see - Blizzard want me to pay 45 pounds for a game where I am permanently at the mercy of their servers. A game whose main ethos is to make the company even more money. A single player game where they can change my character's abilities continually whether I like it or not. A dumbed down game with little variation. Errrrrr...........no thanks. Maybe if it comes down to 25 quid boys, maybe then I'll think about it. Until then, no way. Expand
  11. Jun 7, 2012
    1 word: Boring.
    I played for about an hour and a half when I first got the game. I was only touched by 1 monster.
    How is that fun? In theory, if I play for 10 or 20 or however many dozens of hours... I can turn up the difficulty. great... fantastic even. Wake me when I get there.
  12. Jun 11, 2012
    A poorly balanced game that lacks everything that made the series fun. In order to get upgrades from loot drops, you have to kill monsters above your current level of gear, this becomes more and more impossible as you progress, and by Inferno becomes impossible. This makes the game eventually turn into "Auction House Tycoon" instead of Diablo. The auction house becomes as optional toA poorly balanced game that lacks everything that made the series fun. In order to get upgrades from loot drops, you have to kill monsters above your current level of gear, this becomes more and more impossible as you progress, and by Inferno becomes impossible. This makes the game eventually turn into "Auction House Tycoon" instead of Diablo. The auction house becomes as optional to game progression as a keyboard is option to using a computer, and basically drains all the fun from the game. You stop hunting for items and quickly start farming for gold to buy them from others instead.

Always online DRM is lag filled and further ruins the experience. I've literally lost track of the number of times I have died directly due to server lag. In a game like Diablo, thats ALL action, where every tenth of second matters...having a constant 150-200 ms connection ruins the game.

I would recommend avoiding, save your $60, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration, far too many bad choices made during development.
  13. Jun 20, 2012
    1.0.3 put the nail in the coffin this time. Even my casual friends are getting bored with this game. Huge repair cost. Low rewards. They can barely save enough gold to buy decent stuff. Now the huge repair cost is just making the game a stupid gold grind.
  14. Jul 15, 2012
    One of the biggest disappointments I have ever had the displeasure of playing, a game infected by the same corporate greed that has been plaguing this industry for the last decade and making no attempt to hide it either. I won't even go into the story other than saying it feels rushed, incomplete (likely to make way for expansions) and pretty much thrown together to give the game someOne of the biggest disappointments I have ever had the displeasure of playing, a game infected by the same corporate greed that has been plaguing this industry for the last decade and making no attempt to hide it either. I won't even go into the story other than saying it feels rushed, incomplete (likely to make way for expansions) and pretty much thrown together to give the game some semblance of plot. What truly becomes apparent rather quickly is how this game's aspects completely revolve around players using the auction house, be it real money or in-game gold, at every turn in this game one is being goaded into spending money, be it the lack of level appropriate loot dropping in higher difficulties, the fact that gear and not inherent stats determine everything from offense to defense, Blizzard's nerfing of classes who have the possibility to circumvent the gear requirements needed for inferno difficulty, everything in this game pushes people to spend money to get better gear. On an auction house where the economy has been broken since release wich (perhaps intentionally) pushes people to towards spending real money on RMAH. Even the now infamous DRM is all a means to keep that infernal auction house alive and I find it truly mind boggling how Blizzard can not seem to admit that Diablo 3 is being used as a cash cow at the expense of their consumers' enjoyment. The skill system feels heavily uninspired and simplified, the game has been advertised as being gothic horror, but even an 8 year old wouldn't get a scare out of this game. Diablo 1 and 2 felt dark and scary, the music felt ominous, Diablo 3 has abolished this feeling and made way for a game for all to play and enjoy... (and spend money on the auction house). The arrogance of Blizzard's "you play how we want you to play" aproach is another point of interest, classes and mechanics being nerfed leaving certain builds and gear (on wich players have spent quite a bit of money) completely useless, there is just no excuse for how much this game blows in the end. A game used to bring in money at the expense of the consumers' entertainment by taking a much loved franchise and putting a shiny new number on it. Truly sad. Expand
  15. Jul 18, 2012
    I've given this game a good month to review since purchasing it. Back then it had all the normal launch date problems so I excused it and was looking forward to an awesome new installment to the Diablo series.
    The combat is simple, always good in a hack n slash game. Not in the "easy to learn, difficult to master" way that perfect games achieve, but it does its job. People have spoken ill of graphics but I pretty much liked the style they went for. I can run it on a multitude of systems, laptops and desktops included. The nail in the coffin for this otherwise fun game is the forced single player online requirement put in by Blizzard that is yet another example of a developer trying to curb pirates by shooting their customer's feet several times. I have yet to play a 30+ minute session without the connection dropping or losing connection with the Blizzard servers. I rarely play with friends, so this is especially off putting.
    I would say Fable is not quite as good as Diablo 3, but it's just as much if not more fun and the developer/publisher of the game isn't outright hostile to those of us who paid for the game precisely so we wouldn't have to put up with garbage user experience such as this.
    I'm never buying another Blizzard game ever. Ever. There is no excuse for Diablo 3 and there's no way I'm ever going to support publishers that do this to us.
  16. Sep 23, 2012
    I enjoy(not love it) the game before Inferno, but after that you can see why people is against RMAH, there is no way that you can do it if you don't buy items because. And always online is a real pain if you lose connection just for 1 second(for example if you have a Router and it assigned a new IP) you are out. And it has a real story problems! In my opinion it doesn't worth $60
  17. Oct 12, 2012
    Draconian DRM and since I'm on 3G connection mostly unplayable. The pay to win auction house, the intense lag since I live in Africa... its like something EA would make. Very disappointed, especially for this price tag
  18. Nov 7, 2012
    Really? They actually named this pile of **** Diablo 3 ? wtf is this? Where is all the enjoyment Diablo 2 and Lod had? Where are the real unique (golden) items as seen in Diablo2/LoD ? Oh i get it it's some graphics built around an Auction House system, gj job Blizzard finally one company understood the whole thing behind enjoying games..... NOT! In all honesty, this was the last Title iReally? They actually named this pile of **** Diablo 3 ? wtf is this? Where is all the enjoyment Diablo 2 and Lod had? Where are the real unique (golden) items as seen in Diablo2/LoD ? Oh i get it it's some graphics built around an Auction House system, gj job Blizzard finally one company understood the whole thing behind enjoying games..... NOT! In all honesty, this was the last Title i touched from Blizzard, and i was a freaking Fanboy, loving all their stuff regardless what others would say, but this game is such a letdown and such a disgrace to the Diablo series and Blizzard, it's just unforgivable.

Better head out and play the Grand Torchlight II, which actually has the original Diablo2 team behind it afaik, atleast it feels like it does.
  19. Nov 21, 2012
    This game is terrible and nothing like the previous games. If you like auction house simulators, then this game is for you. I had absolutely no fun playing this game at all.
  20. Dec 5, 2012
    It is a shame to dislike something which was created with so much effort, but what can i do? D3 tries so hard to be epic, fun, addictive and serve an audience of new and old fans. But it just fails on everything it attempts - just like a drunken person! It is simply not fun to click through enemies and check the loot later. Simply put: the urge to hack and slash a little bit more is notIt is a shame to dislike something which was created with so much effort, but what can i do? D3 tries so hard to be epic, fun, addictive and serve an audience of new and old fans. But it just fails on everything it attempts - just like a drunken person! It is simply not fun to click through enemies and check the loot later. Simply put: the urge to hack and slash a little bit more is not there. Even the gore is inadequate and unsatisfying. Oh, about the storyline! Awful! Just horrible. Worst script ever. It is actually so bad that it does not even count as funny. It is a shame they wasted so much effort on cinematics with story this bad. If the player has to ask herself "why I am doing this?", something is seriously wrong. Perhaps it is a matter or taste, but I had so much more fun with Dragon Age 2. Expand
  21. Jun 7, 2013
    I'm really shocked that this is a release from Blizzard Entertainment. It feels more like some sort of free to play cash shop game, where they design it to be mind-numbingly boring and hope that you'll buy things from the cash shop to improve your experience.

Unlike the vast array of other ARPG's I've played, this game just absolutely refuses to let you find your own gear upgrades. The intent was obviously to try to herd players to the auction houses to buy items, but considering ARPG's are largely about finding items, this design really ruins the experience. In fact, there's nothing else really to this game other than an incredibly boring, frustrating and defective item system. There (was) no pvp, the social system is basically non-existent--so I guess we are supposed to buy items from the cash shop so we can just log in and stare at our awesome character.

Blizzard removed a lot of things from the previous Diablo games, saying that these elements essentially constituted bad game design, but then they replaced these elements with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So there's now no reason to kill bosses in Diablo 3, (farming bosses was bad design, apparently), there are no skill trees, (skill trees are bad design, apparently), there (was) no pvp, (no pvp is apparently better design than imperfect pvp), not to mention various other elements that were removed from the series.

There's not much of a game here after the first play through, I'd spend my money on another title.
  22. Mar 18, 2013
    on 12 yeras them make same game :S how can people accept that? I dont buy "next" diablo beacuse them sell bad games for full price better buy torchlight 2
  23. Jun 30, 2013
    It would be a masterpiece if it was from a small company with 10 workers or something.
    But it's not, it's from Blizzard, it's predecessor is nothing else than Diablo II.
    Unforgivable.
  24. Jul 30, 2013
    Good old Diablo receive another offspring with online-play and real money auction house. Great.
    Time to bury the stinking corpse of long-dead demon in the lava pit.
    There is too many better H&S arcade games focused on drop. And even some MMO.

But it's not a zero. They are do some work. Really.
  25. Sep 30, 2013
    Blizzard must have paid off the critics on here. This, as a Diablo series game, is a joke. It is disgustingly bright colored instead of dark and gothic. It's story is TERRIBLE, and clearly written for young children. It's abilities are not too bad, but lack the depth and strategy Diablo 2 allowed for.

The skill loadout would have been a good idea for some brand new game, but most Diablo fans wanted the in depth character skill customization Diablo 2 offered. The mods to each ability just feel lazy on the developer's part as well. Item stats are randomized on even high end items, and unlike Diablo 2 they are mostly pure stats. This just makes gearing very boring. And finally they seem to have intentionally designed it to make it as easy as possible for players to leech xp without doing any of the work. If they aren't in the same zone they still get some xp, can't be kicked, and will get summoned to bosses automatically when you start the fight.

This game is fun for a little while, but ultimately disappointing.
  26. Jun 24, 2016
    Its like they looked at everything I liked from diablo 2 and removed it to make this game. The graphics are nice but it's a repetitive grind game....
  27. Apr 11, 2017
    Este juego es un retroceso en la franquicia de tener casi 60 habilidades en su predecesor para a tener 4 con 5 diferencias leves que se cambian con runas, todo un fiasco, luego aañadieron el mercado co dinero real, un acierto que mas tarde lo quitaron, error. Era lo unico que me hacia jugar la verdad.

Las animaciones de 10 como siempre, graficos buenos pero me deja sin ganas de jugar por lo de las habilidades, gracias a dios pude recuerar lo que costo el juego con el mercado que quitaron
  28. May 15, 2012
    It's pretty much World of Warcraft with a higher camera angle. Did the new Blizzard devs even play the older Diablo games? The game lacks soul, the art is good but it's not gloomy - everything to too vibrant. You can tell Blizzard 2.0 could care less about voice acting, they hired people for cheap and you can hear it.
  29. May 15, 2012
    Picked it up to play singleplayer. Can't even use the product I purchased because of the Always-online DRM that ActiBlizz put in so they can earn money from virtual items. Bravo after years of "polishing" I can't even play because of your greediness.
  30. May 15, 2012
    A hugely disappointing sequel, Blizzard is now on my list of boycotted developers that are ruining the industry.
    -Lag in single player game due to annoying DRM that will arbitrarily take away the product I paid for if my connection fails
    -Pay2Win cash shop
    -COMPLETE LACK OF REAL CHARACTER CUSTOMISATION
    -Atmosphere totally lacking, generic and grindy
  31. May 15, 2012
    Lol Don't speak out on the General Forums about Diablo 3. they will BAN you without a moments notice. I got banned and have no idea why I was even banned. With that said.. game is failure. The fact of the matter is if the servers go down. you no longer have access to your single player game. ALSO the game can be BEAT, DONE, FINISHED in LESS than 5 HOURS! i mean Holy crap. 5 hours REALLY?!Lol Don't speak out on the General Forums about Diablo 3. they will BAN you without a moments notice. I got banned and have no idea why I was even banned. With that said.. game is failure. The fact of the matter is if the servers go down. you no longer have access to your single player game. ALSO the game can be BEAT, DONE, FINISHED in LESS than 5 HOURS! i mean Holy crap. 5 hours REALLY?! First Person shooters have longer single player modes than that. and about the same amount of replay-ability in multiplayer. but Diablo 3 which took YEARS to develop they deliver a 4 to 5 hour game. Pffft Save me. I wish i could get my money back. but this review will have to do. Expand
  32. May 15, 2012
    With the purchase of the game completed, one would expect to be able to play it. Not if Blizzard has their say. Don't waste your money on a game that won't let you play it.
  33. May 15, 2012
    Pre-purchaces the game for 60 euro only forr look for main screen for a whole day. Bunch of errors prevent me for playing the game. So bad servers and support that i hardly believe it.
  34. May 15, 2012
    It's sad when one of those games that you've been looking forward to turns out to be a total disappointment. From DRM to "always online" policy I feel like Blizzard is treating ME the CUSTOMER as a criminal. Why should I have to deal with further restrictions because somebody MIGHT pirate the game? You can't stop pirates Blizzard, 50 bucks says that your DRM methods will be cracked in aIt's sad when one of those games that you've been looking forward to turns out to be a total disappointment. From DRM to "always online" policy I feel like Blizzard is treating ME the CUSTOMER as a criminal. Why should I have to deal with further restrictions because somebody MIGHT pirate the game? You can't stop pirates Blizzard, 50 bucks says that your DRM methods will be cracked in a week, and it only made it a pain in the ass for the people who supported your damn game. Furthermore, the game's combat (and other gameplay additions), graphics, and length are a total disappointment. It's literally just a copy + pasted artstyle from World of Warcraft, which is a complete disgrace when you take into accordance the artstyle used in previous Diablo games. The combat is pathetically easy, even on the hardest difficulty, but that's not the huge issue with the gameplay. You can't allocate your own skill points because Blizzard thinks it's audience is stupid, and you can only have up to 4 friends in a map with you at one time. I'm sorry Blizzard, but now I kind of feel like a **** for lending some money to friends for this game, now I can't even play with them. And PvP isn't even on release! What the hell? PvP MADE Diablo 2. And let's not forget the pathetic running time for this game, some koreans did a blind run of Diablo 3 and beat the game in 6 hours. I beat it in 8. Thoroughly disappointed, and I laugh at the "10" reviews that claim this game is perfection and call people who actually criticize the game (for want of better quality) "trolls". I actually put thought and actual valid complaints about the game, when they're only explanation for the "10" is "IGNORE THE TROLLS".

Hah!
  35. May 15, 2012
    It's a shame Blizzard would take an amazing series with such a devoted fan base and bastardize it in such a way. No pvp outside of arenas is a joke, real money auction house is a joke, and lack of offline play is a joke. I don't think anyone in the developing team ever even played Diablo 1 or 2. Blizzard went out of it's way to appeal to World of Warcraft players, and it is painfullyIt's a shame Blizzard would take an amazing series with such a devoted fan base and bastardize it in such a way. No pvp outside of arenas is a joke, real money auction house is a joke, and lack of offline play is a joke. I don't think anyone in the developing team ever even played Diablo 1 or 2. Blizzard went out of it's way to appeal to World of Warcraft players, and it is painfully obvious. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU ENJOYED DIABLO 1 OR 2!!!! Expand
  36. May 15, 2012
    Pay to win and always online DRM, two things I do no support. Shame on Activision and Blizzard entertainment for making this an industry standard.
  37. May 15, 2012
    I can forgive them for messing up the launch. I can forgive them for DRM, but I can't forgive them for making a game that bores me within 30 minutes of playing. Where's the Diablo Magic? It's just bland and repetitive and such a grind. High production values not a game make.
  38. Jun 7, 2012
    This game has been engineered to reap idiots of their money. Some executive decided that the black item market should be more than legalized, it should be the core aim of the game. And DEVS completed their mission. Unfortunately it ended as a poor boring game were there is no possibilities of different play styles inside the classes all will always play and feel the same. It is worse inThis game has been engineered to reap idiots of their money. Some executive decided that the black item market should be more than legalized, it should be the core aim of the game. And DEVS completed their mission. Unfortunately it ended as a poor boring game were there is no possibilities of different play styles inside the classes all will always play and feel the same. It is worse in almost all aspect than D1. Anyone going back to D1 or D2 will find more fun in those than in D3. i m not joking. Blizzard acted as a b!tch and i hope the market b!tchslap it. Now lets hope they ll come to their sense for D4, if they can survive the cascade of failure they are accumulating that is. If not, patience, the market will fill the void, TL2 is there for that, and its only the beginning i would bet Expand
  39. May 16, 2012
    Unlike past games in the Diablo series, you as a player are left completely out of Blizzard's equation. Your money, however, is not. With the design of the auction house, and the 60 dollar price tag for an incomplete game (11th hour removal of PVP to be released later. Granted, PVP in Diablo was never that great, but, huh?) it's pretty obvious that they're trying to take as much of yourUnlike past games in the Diablo series, you as a player are left completely out of Blizzard's equation. Your money, however, is not. With the design of the auction house, and the 60 dollar price tag for an incomplete game (11th hour removal of PVP to be released later. Granted, PVP in Diablo was never that great, but, huh?) it's pretty obvious that they're trying to take as much of your money possible with as poor of a product that they can feasibly manage. Aside from a monthly subscription, this game was constructed from beginning to end out of a playbook to maximize addiction and minimize reward. In other words, Koreans will love it.

So you've already spent your money? That's fine. You get to click things, and, like Diablo 1 and 2, the first few sections are actually quite fun. However, by the time you've reached the second act, the world will have grown stale, and the old monsters you were clicking on will be replaced by new monsters to click on. It's a gameplay style that grows old fast, and even though I haven't played a point-and-click hacknslash for years, it felt just as boring as the day I put down the last one.

In conclusion, Diablo 3 is a boring game meant to take your money if you have an addictive personality. There is no fun here, only grind.
  40. May 16, 2012
    I hereby dub this title "Spore-ablo". You'd think Blizzard/Activision would have learned from EA's mistakes when it comes to implementing heavily intrusive DRM, but the way it was implemented proves otherwise. Trying to get your connectivity issues resolved through tech support is useless. As others have mentioned, the development team for Diablo 1 and 2 left this company quite some timeI hereby dub this title "Spore-ablo". You'd think Blizzard/Activision would have learned from EA's mistakes when it comes to implementing heavily intrusive DRM, but the way it was implemented proves otherwise. Trying to get your connectivity issues resolved through tech support is useless. As others have mentioned, the development team for Diablo 1 and 2 left this company quite some time ago... and it shows in the quality, or complete lack thereof, of what Blizzard released. Expand
  41. May 16, 2012
    Any game that requires the player to have a broadband internet connection in his home just to play the single player campaign gets a big fat zero from me.
  42. May 17, 2012
    Only a few days playing, did not try the Beta, have played Diablo 1 and 2. Initially I am disappointed in the skill "unlock" system, and lack of customization of character, and no stat point distribution. I feel like they dumbed it down simply to try to balance it for PvP, which has never been the primary focus of the Diablo series (Storyline has been). DRM is quite frustrating, as myOnly a few days playing, did not try the Beta, have played Diablo 1 and 2. Initially I am disappointed in the skill "unlock" system, and lack of customization of character, and no stat point distribution. I feel like they dumbed it down simply to try to balance it for PvP, which has never been the primary focus of the Diablo series (Storyline has been). DRM is quite frustrating, as my girlfriend and I just wanted to play it together and relax, but they are consistently taking the servers down for maintenance, and we can't even try to enjoy it just after purchasing it. We both find ourself checking to find out when Torchlight 2 will be released instead. We will both still push through to the end so we can finish the story, but I don't foresee this being a game you keep playing for a long period of time like Diablo 1 and 2. Graphics are okay, not what I would have expected for a new game release today, they seem very similar to Diablo 2, only slightly better. Sadly I am not as impressed as I was hoping, and I am losing faith in Blizzard's ability to release a quality product like they use to. Why change what was working so well in the past? I just don't get it. Expand
  43. May 17, 2012
    Read the professional reviews. Read how they describe the game. Does that sound like an 87 to you? No, it sounds like an 80 or a 75, but because Diablo III has the Blizzard name and advertising dollar attached to it, it gets an 87 on metacritic. It's criminal.
  44. May 17, 2012
    I never thought I would do this.. I have been waiting for this since Diablo 2 died out but..

They took away all the customization that I loved about Diablo 2. The UI was confusing and there was no hotkeys for my abilities. This is simple stuff here. I had to go into a menu to change my spells mid battle.. that was ridiculous. There was no main lobby so I could see other players and their gear with channels and custom channels. There was no skill tree's to let me customize my character. I am the same wizard everyone else is. This is unforgivable. I kept myself igorant of this game through development so that I could enjoy the end product spoiler free.. instead all I felt was a sudden clash of disappointment.
  45. May 17, 2012
    Never played Diablo 1 or 2. They were far too ugly by the time I got into PC gaming. However I have played similar titles and I see no difference between this game and others like Torchlight for example (yes I know Diablo came first though). The no offline mode is inexcusable. I don't want to play with others 95% of the time, I shouldn't be required to be online and hooked up throughNever played Diablo 1 or 2. They were far too ugly by the time I got into PC gaming. However I have played similar titles and I see no difference between this game and others like Torchlight for example (yes I know Diablo came first though). The no offline mode is inexcusable. I don't want to play with others 95% of the time, I shouldn't be required to be online and hooked up through battle.net. If they were worried about hacking and duping then making two seperate modes online and offline and the online component needs connection. The graphics are much improved over 1 and 2 but still meh especially when you zoom in. Controls are weird. I'm using to WASD, clicking constantly hurts my pointer finger after a while. This game would be ideal for a control...but alas the option is not there. Don't get me wrong, it's an ok game, but only ok. 4/10 Expand
  46. May 19, 2012
    I waited for a long time for starcraft 2 to be released and when it did I was not dissapointed not at all. To be honest I expected exactly the same when I played Diablo 3. Same attention to detail, better graphics and an amazing story line. I thought that there was no ways Blizzard would ever dissapoint me, but shockingly they have. Diablo looks and plays almost exactly like Titans Quest,I waited for a long time for starcraft 2 to be released and when it did I was not dissapointed not at all. To be honest I expected exactly the same when I played Diablo 3. Same attention to detail, better graphics and an amazing story line. I thought that there was no ways Blizzard would ever dissapoint me, but shockingly they have. Diablo looks and plays almost exactly like Titans Quest, a game thats how old now? Although it must be said that Titans Quest did allow you alot more variety when it came to character customization. Can I get my money back? If anyone is thinking of buying this game expecting something great yourâ Expand
  47. May 19, 2012
    For background, I have played both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 to an extent. I completed both games multiple times, and although it has been a while since I played the titles, I was completely distraught when I started my character on Diablo 3. The game-play was completely dumbed down to the point that a trained chimpanzee could complete the game without any problems, the graphics look as thoughFor background, I have played both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 to an extent. I completed both games multiple times, and although it has been a while since I played the titles, I was completely distraught when I started my character on Diablo 3. The game-play was completely dumbed down to the point that a trained chimpanzee could complete the game without any problems, the graphics look as though they were taken out of WoW and darkened slightly. As I feared, Blizzard have forgotten how to make a game that is not the hugely successful WoW. Diablo 3 is a huge let down for anyone who has ever played either Diablo or Diablo 2, and I, in all honesty, cannot see how it would attract new players (aside from those who fell into the hype). I won't be a fool and say Blizzard "owned us" a great game, after this long of a wait, but after waiting for eleven years, expectations were high. They were met with Starcraft II, and they were simply destroyed with Diablo 3. It is as disappointing a game as you will ever find, and there is absolutely no way I am ever going to fall in love with it. For those reasons, my rating is a solid zero. Expand
  48. May 20, 2012
    As an Australian player, this game is nearly unplayable. I'm stuck with a ping that averages 600, which makes combat sluggish, ugly, and playing multi-player with friends causes severe lag spikes which are absolutely disgusting.

Blizzard used to be a company I had a bit of respect for, but their abuse of everyone that isn't American paints them as a bunch of elitist pigs that the world would be better without.

I mean, EA included Australian servers for SWTOR, but Blizzard? Blizzard are now scum of the gaming world. **** Blizzard.
  49. May 20, 2012
    Game itself is nice - nothing revolutionary as compared to Diablo 2, but still lots of hack-n-slash fun (if that's your thing).

Always-online DRM is the worst decision Blizzard could make, since they are clearly unable to keep server part of Diablo online. Why not give people ability to create "offline-only" characters for people who don't plan to use auctions? And as one of the people

And as one of the people with unstable internet connections I honestly cannot understand, why I should be having lags and disconnects while playing a 80-Euro single-player game?

At the moment of the writing this it is Sunday afternoon - and Battle.net servers are hopelessly down, with official response "we cannot tell you when they will be back online, we do not know it ourselves" from Blizzard.

So yeah, 1 point for the effort.
  50. Jul 6, 2012
    Huge disappointment. Game is severely lacking on content & story. The amount of item affixes is absolutely pathetic. There are only a handful of useful skills the rest are complete rubbish on inferno difficulty. This was a total money grab on Blizzard's behalf. The addition of the RMAH destroyed this game. Want a upgrade? Look forward to spending 60+ hours farming gold, or spendingHuge disappointment. Game is severely lacking on content & story. The amount of item affixes is absolutely pathetic. There are only a handful of useful skills the rest are complete rubbish on inferno difficulty. This was a total money grab on Blizzard's behalf. The addition of the RMAH destroyed this game. Want a upgrade? Look forward to spending 60+ hours farming gold, or spending $250.00 in real life money on digital pixels. Save the $60.00 folks. Blizzard's reputation is permanently blemished after this catastrophe. Expand
  51. Sep 6, 2012
    Gave me around 150 hours of "fun" so it was worth its money i guess. But i will never play a game for longer than 2 weeks when i see it IS build around an Auctionhouse and espcially not when it is build around a REAL MONEY ACUTION HOUSE! And the fact is... this game is build around that, anyone who can't see this is just blind.
  52. May 25, 2012
    The game starts well but has an extremely bad balancing... The first chapter misses challenge a lot (no challenge at all!). Then after 10 hours you encounter a boss (Belial), and there it becomes almost impossible! I stopped playing the game here, and it very frustrating to pay a game full price without being able to finish it.
    Blizzard try to make you believe it is accessible to anyone,
    Blizzard try to make you believe it is accessible to anyone, but this is not the case (at all). For hardcore players only.
    Ho, and yes, the story is for 12 yo kids only too...
  53. May 27, 2012
    Blizzard obviously spent more time developing the monetization scheme of this mediocre game than they did focusing on the player experience. What should be a stellar Single player/ Coop action RPG experience feels more like a cheap free 2 play/ pay to win MMO treadmill. Farming and crafting are worthless as you level. Everything you find or craft at a given level is pathetic compared toBlizzard obviously spent more time developing the monetization scheme of this mediocre game than they did focusing on the player experience. What should be a stellar Single player/ Coop action RPG experience feels more like a cheap free 2 play/ pay to win MMO treadmill. Farming and crafting are worthless as you level. Everything you find or craft at a given level is pathetic compared to what you will buy on the AH. The game is designed to herd frustrated players to the real money auction house where you can give your money to hackers, gold farmers, and exploiters to get the gear you need to get to the next act...and Blizzard will take a cut. Story, gameplay, and graphics are mediocre- really uninspired.
    Server issues and security issues should be an embarrassment to Blizzard, which has had more than enough time and resources to sort things out. Really shabby work and a waste of the Diablo name. Blizzard continues to disappoint.
  54. May 27, 2012
    Broken and not-fun endgame with having to be online for single-player makes for a bad game. The game's endgame could be repaired through patches, but without offline play I would still give it a low score.
  55. May 31, 2012
    Everybody knows that the launch was shameful but even at 2 weeks in the Forum is overflowing with complaints, personally I have not been able to log in and play on 2 out of 3 occasions so far.

For a single player game that is criminal and this is not the only reason for my low score. Not only is it a horrible example of failure on a technical a level for the company with the most

Not only is it a horrible example of failure on a technical a level for the company with the most successful online game but most of all Blizzard should be ashamed of what they have done with this once great game Franchise.

It has been "World of Warcrafted" . Dumbed down to the lowest level of skill required. Real money auction house? Really? Skills I cant even chose? No attributes? And beyond that its a crappy graphics level which looks like WoW in small.

I cant tell you how much this is the LAST time you have received money from me. Way to piss off a loyal fan from back in the Lost Viking days.

You shovel money in boatloads over 10 years and this is how you treat the fans that made it happen.

The game is not great. Its just well funded and well marketed, if they would have simply updated the graphics on D2 it would have been a better game. Story is not interesting enough to cover the fact that you are reduced to moronic monotony due to the limited and pre-prescribed skillset you choose from. Such a shame and the fact that the "critic" reviews loved this game just shows that nobody has the balls to tell it how it is.
  56. Jun 1, 2012
    I did a review, and a problem occur and i give mistankely 10 to Diablo ha ha ha ha. Impossible, i give 3 to this **** I try actualy to recover my money and i discuss with the support for the moment.
  57. Jun 4, 2012
    Blizzard treats you, the paying customer, as guilty until proven innocent and disguises it with a weak excuse involving the inventory system. Enough said.
  58. Jun 6, 2012
    The main problem with this game is that it's just boring. Mobs, items, story...all are just goddamn boring.
    Second major problem is the always online requirement. **** that for a joke for a single player game (and don't tell me this is a multiplayer game - single play is a major component). Server down for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance? Too bad, you can't play the game. **** you Blizzard. At least Dawnguard is coming out soon and I can get back to a proper game.
  59. Jun 11, 2012
    Diablo III is cheesy, soulless and seems to be made for ten-year-olds. Still, it's an okay game gameplay-wise -- on harder difficulties. However, and this is a big however, you have to start the game on Normal, play through the entire game on Normal, before you get there. And Normal is way to easy. It presents no challenge -- just keep clicking on the screen around your character and youDiablo III is cheesy, soulless and seems to be made for ten-year-olds. Still, it's an okay game gameplay-wise -- on harder difficulties. However, and this is a big however, you have to start the game on Normal, play through the entire game on Normal, before you get there. And Normal is way to easy. It presents no challenge -- just keep clicking on the screen around your character and you win every encounter. This is truly boring, and it's a 40-hour introduction to the game that you're forced to take. Not really worth it in my opinion. Expand
  60. Jun 12, 2012
    Have played for about ~130 hours of total on three different characters and I can firmly say that Diablo 3 was a mistake. Blizzard, in the past, has not released a mechanically bad video game EVER. Battle.net 2.0 made SC2 a overall bad experience for me but the game itself was good. WoW has it's balance issues in terms of DPS in PvE and class issues in PvP. They are constantly patchingHave played for about ~130 hours of total on three different characters and I can firmly say that Diablo 3 was a mistake. Blizzard, in the past, has not released a mechanically bad video game EVER. Battle.net 2.0 made SC2 a overall bad experience for me but the game itself was good. WoW has it's balance issues in terms of DPS in PvE and class issues in PvP. They are constantly patching those and it is a work in progress just like any MMO. Getting down to it Diablo 3 did not have promised features and for a time the development team was not doing anything in the pre-release. I waited over 10 years for this game that had been redone more than once by Blizzard and I can firmly say that it was worth the wait. From PvP not being in game even though it says it is on the box, to the RMAH requiring you buy a device, along with the game you already bought, so you can use it. It has been a terrible ride. The first week's launch and the whole idea of being online to play a single player game was and is a slap in the consumer's face. Hardcore is out of the question as you are always online and lag is always an issue. I would never even think of making a character in that environment as the frustration of farming gear is already too much. Blizzard built the game so people would get to inferno and hit a brick wall. Only way to topple that brick was is to farm gear for hours on end or you can spend money at the RMAH. This is good for business but who the hell wants to pay more money on to something you already bought to do well in? Who the hell wants to farm for hours on end so you can progress through content you have already done? I am a hardcore gamer but I don't see artificial challenge worth doing. There is not anything in it for me. Lastly, the story was written by a guy who got hired on for his artistic abilities. CGI scenes and dialog should be skipped at all times it is just that bad. The plot does not line up to anything that happened in the previous games and should have been aborted by any normal human being. Service maintenance, consumer always being wrong, terrible customer representatives, and a grindfest is all that awaits the willing and able Diablo 3 fanatic. I would recommend playing D2 as even with the duping it is still more "fun" than this trainwreck. Expand
  61. Jun 12, 2012
    Diablo III is the biggest setback in gaming history. I am writing this review, in hope of gaming directors waking up. This is a true copy of WoW. The quests, the dialog and even the grouping. Its the same UI as wow, and thats just terrible. Diablo II is one of the best games ever made, and Blizzard totally ruined it. We need offline play. We want randomized scenery as the old. We want noDiablo III is the biggest setback in gaming history. I am writing this review, in hope of gaming directors waking up. This is a true copy of WoW. The quests, the dialog and even the grouping. Its the same UI as wow, and thats just terrible. Diablo II is one of the best games ever made, and Blizzard totally ruined it. We need offline play. We want randomized scenery as the old. We want no cartoony Graphics, but dark and spooky stuff like in the II. This is just sad. I give it a 4.0, because its fun to play with friends. But it was 12 hours to Hell, and now its just pure poo.

GG
  62. Jun 17, 2012
    Absolutely pathetic, Blizzard. Christ, if this is what gaming is coming to I may have to opt out. Coach purse wielding, croc wearing fad followers are destroying this entire industry.
  63. Jun 20, 2012
    Why this game is the worst game ever ? Because Diablo 3 is not fun. Because rewards are so bad (very bad random affixes, very bad loot tables), because Diablo 3 constantly break players motivation. In term of game design : http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/129852/designing_for_motivation.php?page=3
    Diablo 3 is an one-arm-bandit which make we lose each time. I'm tired to lose and i never pay one cent more for this (neither gold).
    AH and RMAH are Diablo's cancer.
    AH and RMAH are Blizzard's cancer.
    AH and RMAH could be entire industry cancer.
    Financial things are still our world cancer. Don't insert this on our games.

Help gamers and create an account to say this to Blizzard (because we have better chance to be read here than on their censored forums). I hope they'll focus on fun on their next games.
  64. Jun 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2 in each and every way but one. Cheating. And not just small cheats such as maphacks. You got bots, duplication of items etc. Diablo 3 has been out for 2 months by now, the game is already completely ruined by the cheating and Blizzard stands by the sideline watching, incapable of fixing their own mess. Other than that the game itself is quite good. TheDiablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2 in each and every way but one. Cheating. And not just small cheats such as maphacks. You got bots, duplication of items etc. Diablo 3 has been out for 2 months by now, the game is already completely ruined by the cheating and Blizzard stands by the sideline watching, incapable of fixing their own mess. Other than that the game itself is quite good. The story was decent, the gameplay alright. How ever there is something that has been bothering me. Why is it called Diablo 3? This game is nothing like Diablo or Diablo 2. This game should be called World of Diablo.

To sum it all up, I'm glad I traded a f2p mmo account for a D3 key. Otherwise I would have felt ripped off.
    Do yourself a favour. Don't pay for this game, trade something equally useless for it, such as a used paper towel.

In conclusion. This is a Blizzard "Entertainment" product and as such it is highly overrated garbage praised solemnly because it has been developed by Blizzard.
  65. Jun 24, 2012
    This is not Diablo! Theres no old atmosphere, unique atmosphere of Diablo world. Music is not even close to the previous games. Graphic is like in LoL. Poor RPG elements.

Big disappointment!
  66. Jun 29, 2012
    Blizzard should have stuck with Blizzard North. Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the original first two games (and extra expansion) of this series. After completing the game on inferno there's nothing else to do, no re-playability it's insanely boring to farm compared to the first two games. The itemization is so linear, just like WoW, you can't get through act 1 inferno without struggling notBlizzard should have stuck with Blizzard North. Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the original first two games (and extra expansion) of this series. After completing the game on inferno there's nothing else to do, no re-playability it's insanely boring to farm compared to the first two games. The itemization is so linear, just like WoW, you can't get through act 1 inferno without struggling not having a high end weapon from the end-game. I'm not saying the game is too hard, but the game all depends on the elites that are so unbalanced that it makes the whole game boring to play and you only rely on kiting. The boss fights are great, really fun but after playing it a couple times you just know the rotation of the attacks and again it gets boring.

I've never waited for a game so much in my life, this is really the worst game by Blizzard so far. This game relies way too much on World of Warcraft and not on the actual series. I'm not even gonna start with the auction house where I somehow lost items like a stormshield and never retrieved it because it was lost in the nether and admins couldn't do anything.

I rate this a 0, I'm entirely serious about this score, the game is trash, not fun to play, you can't skip quests, the story is pushed in the gameplay ruining it and it looks like they made everything for mentally disabled players, you can't discover anything by yourself without having something popping up to ruin everything (act 3, Azmodan telling you every single thing that's happening at no particular important moment).

One thing that really bothers me, the wizard teleport, 3 out of 4 times it's gonna glitch on the ground, but worst, there's a cool down on it, so if you use it and it somehow doesn't work you're dead.
  67. Jul 2, 2012
    4 is probably unfair, but I hoped for so much from this game. After less than a month, I entirely stopped playing. I think the short explanation why is the meaningless random loot and the repetitive nature of the end game. The game is pretty and it is easy to drop in and out of games with friends, but it just lacks that loot-crack element to keep me coming back. Fun for a while, but4 is probably unfair, but I hoped for so much from this game. After less than a month, I entirely stopped playing. I think the short explanation why is the meaningless random loot and the repetitive nature of the end game. The game is pretty and it is easy to drop in and out of games with friends, but it just lacks that loot-crack element to keep me coming back. Fun for a while, but not staying power. Expand
  68. Jul 15, 2012
    How can anybody give a game a 0/10? I can understand a 1/10 if you hate the game and it is annoying, but a ZERO?!?!? To many, that means it's not a game at all. And my friends, that is exactly what I intend you to hear. Diablo 1 was revolutionary! Diablo 2 was great! What happened?
    Well, shortly before development of this game began, Activision took over Blizzard and a man named Mr. Kotick appeared. Now, anybody who remembers Blizzard remembers that their slogans were "Done when it's ready/SOON" and "By gamers, for gamers." When Kotick took over, they changed their company motto to "A culture of thrift" (Google it), and killed off the real Blizzard.
    So now, we have a "game" that requires internet in all modes, including single player? No big deal! Except, you can't play the game on camping trips, airplanes, business breaks, or anywhere where you can't connect. But, it will get worse when Blizzard eventually decides to discontinue their servers, which they can do at any time and for any reason. So, if you are thinking about buying the game, you had better buy it before they pull the plug. It's not a matter of "if", but WHEN!
    So, why would they do this? They say it was to prevent hacking, but not one hacker I've met has been able to hack a system in offline mode, while several have been able to hack Diablo 3. They say it prevents piracy, but the game has been ripped as well, so that doesn't fly. The real reason that this single player game is not playable offline is because of their Real Money Trading Auction House(RMT.)

So now, Blizzard has implemented the RMT, what does this mean? Well, for them it means money and money and money. They are constantly patching the game in ways to make it harder, thus forcing people to need the RMT items. Every class in the game has been nerfed in short order. Smashing items now increases repair cost, forcing you to buy gold from RMT. The endgame gets so hard in Act III that players who were invincible on the previous act have to revamp their entire character, thus forcing you towards the RMT.
    Diablo 3 is not a game at all. Diablo 3 is Blizzard's boiling frog experiment. You know, where you can boil a frog inside a pot, and the frog doesn't jump out if you raise the temperature slowly enough? If they increase the buying temperature of the endgame by one degree at a time, can they boil you before you notice? I don't know man, but a fool and his money are easily parted. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!
  69. Jul 29, 2012
    It's a true Diablo game but that's really it's only redeeming quality. The combat has a great "Diablo" feel but quickly becomes repetitive. Subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties are challenging but not as much fun. On Inferno difficulty some of the champion creature packs are literally unbeatable even with the best gear. If you run into one with certain combinations of attributesIt's a true Diablo game but that's really it's only redeeming quality. The combat has a great "Diablo" feel but quickly becomes repetitive. Subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties are challenging but not as much fun. On Inferno difficulty some of the champion creature packs are literally unbeatable even with the best gear. If you run into one with certain combinations of attributes you have to exit the game and restart the quest and pray the next lot won't be as ridiculous. Seriously! That's not good game design. Also, some of the poor dialog left me feeling a little let down. The constant over-the-top monologuing by the villains leaves you thinking you are watching a bad anime cartoon and in Act IV Diablo gets a weird metro-sexual accent that leaves him sounding more like a dandy-boy than a bad guy. If he had told me my armor was "fabulous" I would not have been surprised. Very un-Lord-of-Terror like. Maybe Princess of Terror would be more fitting. I know there is an explanation in the story for it but it still sounds quite bad.

My biggest disappointment with the game is not really with Diablo 3 itself but in the way Blizzard treats it's customers and their insane security policies. Diablo 3's game description boasts a RMAH (Real Money Auction House) but neglects to inform potential buyers that you MUST have a cell phone with a contract in order to use it unless you just want useless "Blizzard Bucks". You can't even use the "Blizzard Bucks" to pay for Blizzard services like a WoW subscription. That's not real money. That's utterly useless. Pre-paid phones won't work and Blizzard doesn't even maintain the databases that tell them if you have one or not. My phone is on a contract but the number was once on a pre-paid plan years ago (with a completely different carrier no less) and neither carrier claims they can change the database to reflect the contract status. Blizzard hits that database when I try to tie my phone to SMS Protect and blindly assumes I'm lying and simply tells me I'm out of luck unless I buy a new contract with AT&T. Even then it might not work if I get another number with the same problem (extremely common judging by the posts on hundreds of message boards including their own). Their customer service is useless and all but told me outright I was a loser and needed to get a real phone with a contract (IT IS YOU IDIOTS!). Blizzard relying on third party databases that they don't even control for my account security does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling at all. In fact that's about as stupid as you can get and still convert oxygen to carbon dioxide. The ONLY data they need to reference in regards to my account security should be the data I give them when I set up my account and my authenticator. Period.

Overall I am very disappointed with Diablo 3 and Blizzard in general. They used to be a great company with great games but now they have devolved into something seemingly designed to develop trash and alienate their customers.
  70. Aug 17, 2012
    Oh Blizzard, you really screwed this one up. It is to be expected though, now that you have merged with those developer-killers, Activision. Your games have been going downhill since WoW: The Burning Crusade and this is just another nail in your coffin as far as a huge chunk of your fan base is concerned.
  71. Sep 21, 2012
    worst game ever the critics are as full of @*#^ as Blizzard is MAJOR FAIL Blizzard your company needs better writers and a overhaul. if i could do one thing with this game it would be to get my MONEY BACK or PUBLICLY BURN it so that no one will make the same mistake i made.
  72. Oct 14, 2012
    Very bad game, outdated graphics, for a game that has been in developpment for 10 years this is a huge shame, it's going to be ported on consoles, pvp is late, game mechanics are bad, this game screams bad all over the place. I am a huge diablo fan but the third is just a pile of dump.
    Blizzard should quit Activision's deadly grasp already
  73. Dec 2, 2012
    Beautiful graphics, nice first impression. Very careless changes and maintenance by Blizzard turn the game into a constant source of frustration.
    Every week, your long hours boosting a character, turn to waste due to 'engine balance'.
    Then you spend hours of farming getting awesome items just to login in and see they halved the power of your equipped items. The only way to like this

The only way to like this game is start playing it now; or stop playing after finishing it on easy mode.
    If you, like me, started playing on the release date, that's not possible anymore.
  74. Dec 3, 2012
    I was excited for this. That wore off after the second level. Incredibly boring grindfest with a terrible story. One of those games where you hope all the characters will die just so you don't have to play anymore. Can't believe I blew $60 on this.
  75. Dec 31, 2012
    Obligatory 0 for online-only DRM. An unforgivable offence. There might be something worth playing under the DRM, but I'd have to pirate it to find out.
  76. May 10, 2013
    I don't think I need to repeat what the whole internet is saying. Some points for the graphics, cinematics and soundtrack. This game took me to the highest highs and the deepest lows (in a very specific segment of my life, of course): most excitement I ever felt about the launch of a game, then gradually but surely descending to the most disappointment I've ever had from a game. Now I justI don't think I need to repeat what the whole internet is saying. Some points for the graphics, cinematics and soundtrack. This game took me to the highest highs and the deepest lows (in a very specific segment of my life, of course): most excitement I ever felt about the launch of a game, then gradually but surely descending to the most disappointment I've ever had from a game. Now I just don't care, uninstalled it. Expand
  77. May 19, 2013
    This is I believe the worst video game of all time, because of its failure to live up to its potential. The game is just NOT FUN. All your upgrades must come from the auction house or crafting.. boring!!!!!!!!!! Its a boring money pit.
  78. Jul 25, 2013
    After playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game isAfter playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game is frustrating to play. The terrible repetition makes me really sick. Poor game design. The game looks like only for elemental school kids. Expand
  79. Aug 6, 2013
    yes, sure a bunch of negatives are from the day 1 release issues, but compared to diablo 2, the immersion and spooky elements like fighting the A2 boss are gone. The fckd up the loot, when you find a yellow the first time it's a good feeling, soon you will begin to realize the only times you get good feelings will be when legendaries drop. Thats really all you count on, any other coloredyes, sure a bunch of negatives are from the day 1 release issues, but compared to diablo 2, the immersion and spooky elements like fighting the A2 boss are gone. The fckd up the loot, when you find a yellow the first time it's a good feeling, soon you will begin to realize the only times you get good feelings will be when legendaries drop. Thats really all you count on, any other colored items are most likely vendor cash, please don't support Diablo 3, the only reason why it sold so many copies is because it's Blizzard Ent. if anybody else released this same game it wouldn't have sold as much. The title sold, not the game. Game is garbage Expand
  80. Mar 26, 2014
    when I picked up the demo I thought I was going to be given a new experience, not a generic hack and slash from 1997 with colorful dialog thrown in the the fun of it. besides all of the hours put into abilities and voice overs this game doesn't fly too far from generic, generic holy trinity click fest garbage. Where is all this hype about the expansion coming from? its the game thing butwhen I picked up the demo I thought I was going to be given a new experience, not a generic hack and slash from 1997 with colorful dialog thrown in the the fun of it. besides all of the hours put into abilities and voice overs this game doesn't fly too far from generic, generic holy trinity click fest garbage. Where is all this hype about the expansion coming from? its the game thing but with more things in it besides new innovative game-play. Expand
  81. Apr 8, 2014
    I came from the originals. Diablo and Diablo 2. Played the crap out of both those games. This game though, is a total failure. I can't even justify giving it a partial score, it's just a broken game! Lets start with the basics. The storyline? Very linear and bland. The graphics? Way too cartoon-like. The mechanics? Poorly executed and poorly driven. The overall action element? There isI came from the originals. Diablo and Diablo 2. Played the crap out of both those games. This game though, is a total failure. I can't even justify giving it a partial score, it's just a broken game! Lets start with the basics. The storyline? Very linear and bland. The graphics? Way too cartoon-like. The mechanics? Poorly executed and poorly driven. The overall action element? There is none. You feel like you're watching your character instead of playing. And the big kicker... ONLINE ONLY PLAYING! WHY???

Blizzard needs to learn a lesson about this game. You cannot make a fan of the series wait this long for a game and then shovel tons of brown gunk down their throats. I paid full price for this game, $69.99. It was way way way WAY over priced and was not worth my time in the long run.

Blizzard also needs to learn that capitalism does not work in the gaming industry. You only trap STUPID people when you jack up the price of crap. The smart people will eventually avoid you as a developer in the long run.

The next thing to break me away from Blizzard completely will be when they introduce micro-transacting. That will be the point at which Blizzard is no longer in it for making good games, they are in it totally for the money.

Shame that a developer has to go down this path...Shame...
  82. Oct 3, 2015
    An absolute abomination in the Diablo franchise. Websites and magazines gave it high scores almost entirely out of hype, and also because of a rush to get scores out as soon as possible, which gave them no time to actually extensively play the game, which is what is required to see it for what it truly is. Diablo 3 is a small, shallow game that strips away most everything that made DiabloAn absolute abomination in the Diablo franchise. Websites and magazines gave it high scores almost entirely out of hype, and also because of a rush to get scores out as soon as possible, which gave them no time to actually extensively play the game, which is what is required to see it for what it truly is. Diablo 3 is a small, shallow game that strips away most everything that made Diablo great. The combat and polish to the game feels absolutely fantastic, however, so on a quick play through you might swear you are trudging through a fantastic game. It's only skin deep, though, and the fanbase knows it.

Please, do not buy and support this game. It represents everything that is wrong in the gaming industry. The development team was madly out of touch with the player base. It disrespected the Diablo lore, franchise and game mechanics, and it just flat-out has no real depth... Player-dealt Elemental damage is purely aesthetic with no actual nuanced function, Itemization is simplified down to "get more strength to deal damage" or "get more dexterity to deal damage" or "get more intelligence to deal more damage." Depth is just nonexistent. A horrible death sentence to a game that is supposed to thrive on its replayability.

Go play Path of Exile instead. The combat is clunkier and it lacks the polish of a Blizzard game, but it is free and if you stick with it, you will be rewarded with a wildly deep game that demolishes Diablo 3.
  83. Dec 4, 2017
    Hands down the WORST diablo game of the entire franchise. Story line, game play, replay ability, customization from skills to stats ect. The game is a complete downgrade from everything that made the franchise great. If you like casual, Disney artwork styled diablo, by all means play this game. But if you are a die hard gamer who thinks this company shouldn't be rewarded for absoluteHands down the WORST diablo game of the entire franchise. Story line, game play, replay ability, customization from skills to stats ect. The game is a complete downgrade from everything that made the franchise great. If you like casual, Disney artwork styled diablo, by all means play this game. But if you are a die hard gamer who thinks this company shouldn't be rewarded for absolute trash, ignore this game and consider it non cannon. Hope Diablo 4 is nothing like diablo 3. It is an extreme waste of money, they should go F2P with this it is so bad. Expand
  84. May 15, 2012
    Terrible DRM that requires you to be online and then terrible support from Blizzard at keeping the servers online and actually allowing people to play, or better said not allowing since they did piss poor job at making descent servers. No character customization in 2012, arguably Diablo 2 looks better/less blurry at times, no lan, no pvp or proper pvp after they add arena.
    Not a good game.
  85. May 15, 2012
    Really the RMAH kills the game.
    It's the justification for the always online killing modding and LAN.
    The game really isn't long because of this, it may be alright for the 10 or so hours you play, but accept that the RMAH almost directly kills longetivity. I'd wait until the game is piratable or something, because right now it's not worth the money. It's a shame that blizzard has
    Really the RMAH kills the game.
    It's the justification for the always online killing modding and LAN.

I'd wait until the game is piratable or something, because right now it's not worth the money. It's a shame that blizzard has completely turned it's back to the real fans for more money.
  86. Oct 9, 2012

It's biggest and most unforgivable flaw is of course the loot drops. They are geared around theWell after 60+ hours of playing the game I think I can finally conclude that there are way too many problems that are ingrained into the game due to design choices made by Blizzard. The first 10 or so hours were fun, it was new, it was shiny new, but after that it simply went downhill.

It's biggest and most unforgivable flaw is of course the loot drops. They are geared around the entire player population and no longer (like Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2) geared around the individual player, so what you get is total junk loot most of the time which then forces you into their gold or real money auction house to get items that are appropriate for your characters level just so that you can move on in the game.

Sure, some players may have the luck (somebody has to right?) and those items in the auction houses have to come from somewhere, and they do, from the lucky players or the players that have no life and do nothing but grind for hundreds of hours in D3, or from bots that grind just as mercilessly so that they can sell the good loot to real live players for gold (or real money) which they then turn around and sell the gold to the fool players that are willing to buy from 3rd party sites. Anyway, my point is that the loot is geared to drop around the entire population of players else their auction house wouldn't even work for them. So you can either grind for tens or hundreds of hours in hopes that you'll get a decent upgrade or go to the auction house and buy it with some gold or real money.

This directly conflicts with all of the ARPG's that I've ever played and I've played a lot, the whole auction house deal basically takes away the one guilty pleasure of these types of ARPG's which is to find new loot that are upgrades for your character.

Next we have the total respec, where you have no perminence with your character as you can change the skills as often as you change your socks (actually, probably more often) which means there's basically no reason to reroll a new character, just go to the auction house to buy some new gear to accompany your new chosen skills.

All in all this game has been a total and complete let down to both my wife, myself and about 75% of our friends that also bought it. Both my wife and I had been wanting a D3 since Diablo 2 LOD was released and have waited patiently for the past I don't know how many years, 7 or 8 years now. Unfortunately the game is so seriously flawed by poor design decisions by Blizzard developers and there's just no way to fix it as it's prime function for Blizzard is to make a revenue stream out of the auction house. As long as the auction houses remain, the loot drops will be based on total player population and the game will never have that feeling of achievement that you would normally get in games like Diablo 2, Titans Quest, Torchlight 1 & 2, Sacred etc etc etc, the list goes on and on an don.

I originally scored this game a 10, that was 4 hours and 54 minutes into play, it's now Oct, almost 5 months after release and the grind is still there and that is ONLY in HOPES that you might get an upgrade. please take my word for it when I tell you that it's simply not worth it, especially at the $60.00 price tag.

If on the other hand you hurry down to Toys r Us you can pick up Diablo 3 right now for only $9.99 If you buy it for under a 10er, then you'll likely get your moneys worth out of it with one play through, assuming you get loot that let's your character keep moving forward.

I can no longer in good conscience recommend this game to family or friends or even my worst enemies. Expand

87. May 15, 2012
    Regardless of the outdated graphic and gameplay. The worst is 11 hours past , still cant play. Blizzard, you make this game for nine years, nine years! And here comes an unplayable online game? Shame on you!
  88. May 15, 2012
    Can't even install the game after it's been out for a day, It could be understandable from someone else, but for a game that was beta tested for months not to mention an open beta stress test. This is complete BS from one of the "Top" gaming companies, I'm done with blizzard, i charged D3 back on my card and am just done, IDC if they freeze my account they are a **** company.
  89. May 15, 2012
    I purchased Diablo 3 on the launch and expected a fully functional product at the release. What I got was a game that wasn't working. I spent hours trying to play the game, but it seems like it's impossible to login and play the game, which I payed 60USD for. This is the first time I've purchased a product which I can't use. I am very surprised that Blizzard haven't spent more time withI purchased Diablo 3 on the launch and expected a fully functional product at the release. What I got was a game that wasn't working. I spent hours trying to play the game, but it seems like it's impossible to login and play the game, which I payed 60USD for. This is the first time I've purchased a product which I can't use. I am very surprised that Blizzard haven't spent more time with this game, since it's been a what? 8 year development cycle? How can you release a game filled with bugs and crashes and a non-functional login which makes it impossible to play the game? Oh don't let me start with the PvP and customization aspects they've removed from the game. Expand
  90. May 15, 2012
    Worst diablo i ever played, short and booring. "fail blizzard has so mutch time to make this game good i but they chose their time to makes it boring "
  91. May 17, 2012
    This is a console hack and slash on the PC. The story line (Because I loved D1 and D2) is amazing, the cinematic are great, but the game play is really bad. You can use up to 6 spells (I'm guessing this is to make the port to console better?) and the builds have little customization. Mix this with the fact 3 days after launch the servers are still unstable and you get a game that shouldThis is a console hack and slash on the PC. The story line (Because I loved D1 and D2) is amazing, the cinematic are great, but the game play is really bad. You can use up to 6 spells (I'm guessing this is to make the port to console better?) and the builds have little customization. Mix this with the fact 3 days after launch the servers are still unstable and you get a game that should have been a 30 dollar arcade buy on Xbox. I have seen better game play from indy companies after a year of development. Collapse
  92. May 16, 2012
    Worst Part of the series. Will not work offline, a huge flaw. No innovation, too easy and horrible skill system. Graphics is not state of the art, low textures low animation. There is no innovation in the combatsystem.
  93. May 16, 2012
    I am a huge Diablo fan but I refuse to buy Diablo 3 because off the draconian DRM. I live in South Africa. Blizzard won't put up a server here so I have to play on EU where I get a latency of 250ms on good days. This isn't how the game was meant to be played. If I could authenticate online and then play offline I would have bought the game. But Blizzard didn't give me this option and asI am a huge Diablo fan but I refuse to buy Diablo 3 because off the draconian DRM. I live in South Africa. Blizzard won't put up a server here so I have to play on EU where I get a latency of 250ms on good days. This isn't how the game was meant to be played. If I could authenticate online and then play offline I would have bought the game. But Blizzard didn't give me this option and as such they lost my sale. Expand
  94. May 17, 2012
    This is a disgrace. Would have though Blizzard of all companies could have handled this well. Very disappointed. The customer service is crap. I mean what the hell, you can't change your character's server region when the game chooses the wrong for you in the beginning? FU blizzard. You deserve nothing from me anymore.
  95. Jun 6, 2012
    Been playing for a while now. Long story short, core gameplay is brilliant. Sadly that's it. The story is woeful, the game runs like an mmo, but unlike wow, this isn't transparent, and also has frequent 'scheduled' server maintenance. Gameplay is often effected by lag. The most offensive failure of this game though is the loot system. Just like wow, the gameplay is very loot sensitive.Been playing for a while now. Long story short, core gameplay is brilliant. Sadly that's it. The story is woeful, the game runs like an mmo, but unlike wow, this isn't transparent, and also has frequent 'scheduled' server maintenance. Gameplay is often effected by lag. The most offensive failure of this game though is the loot system. Just like wow, the gameplay is very loot sensitive. Drops in the game however are pretty much always below your level, and don't have your stats. Instead, the only practical place to get in game loot is via the AUCTION HOUSE, which is not even in the main game. And will allow real money soon. Go figure. The fact that loot that drops while you're playing is effectively pointless apart from selling on the ah is unforgivable given that its a core system of gameplay.. enough to bring down 11/10 gameplay to a below average title of crap. With strings attached. Expand
  96. May 24, 2012
    DRM is pathetic, im was not mad on DRM im ok with little lags i think they fix that but when my account and lot other people got HACKED because of Diablo 3 security foult this end here payed 69$ for what ? 4 days of waisting time and get HACKED ? DRM is just ridiculous and need single-player, changed my 10 score to 1
  97. May 17, 2012
    hmmm 88/100 critic and 3.7 user, this is obviously because of the servers. BUT, Diablo 3 is actually a sub-par game. It didn't go through as what it was meant to be, if it takes a game company 11 years to develop they obviously had no passion for making the game, and it shows
  98. May 18, 2012
    This game is average at best and I don't count the problems caused by the always-online play. First as an ordinary RPG it is really short, linear and too simple. Character customization is next to none, then there are no skill trees. The cinematics are good, but the in-game graphics are not impressive. The plot in general is good, but characters and dialogues are quite bland. The UI isThis game is average at best and I don't count the problems caused by the always-online play. First as an ordinary RPG it is really short, linear and too simple. Character customization is next to none, then there are no skill trees. The cinematics are good, but the in-game graphics are not impressive. The plot in general is good, but characters and dialogues are quite bland. The UI is surprisingly mediocre, given that Blizzard are also the makers of WoW. The multiplayer is supposed to be a big selling point, but it is really lacking. All the things that are well done in WoW are bad in Diablo - there is no voice chat, the chat system is extremely limited, the AH interface is lacking. There is no PVP as of yet, they say it'll be added at a later date, but why the hell, they had plenty of time. There is no synergy between the hero classes, you all just dish out your damage and try to stay alive. Add to that the little content this game has I can't really see the replay value. Yes, on higher difficulties mobs will be a bit stronger and you will get a bit stronger items to be able to fight them, but where is the fun in that? It is still the same 10-hours-of-playtime content you already know.
    I think Blizzard really just wanted to cash-in on the franchise and did half-assed job on this one. There are much, much better RPGs and Online RPGs out there.
  99. May 18, 2012
    It's drastically simplified from Diablo 2. Many complicated but interesting features from 2 have been taken out. So I guess beginners can have more fun while hardcore players would have less. It's still quite fun and addicting, though it didn't fully live up to my expectation.
  100. Sep 23, 2012
    Review reduced from 1 to 0 after playing Torchlight 2. This game is bad, but in comparison to TL is it down right horrible. Torchlight... Thank you...
  101. May 17, 2012