Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 15, 2012
    A bland game, shackled with horrendous DRM. Even without the DRM, which prevents you from playing offline, the game is consistantly bland, not nearly worth the generous $60 price tag Blizzard happily slapped the game with. And I don't even need to tell you the login screen errors everyone has been getting. Overall, it is a complete disaster.
  2. May 15, 2012
    Negatives: online DRM and online singleplayer, cartoon graphics and wow style graphics(its like a wow mod), nothing new in gameplay and high price; only positive thing is sounds and musics are from diablo 1-2.

its a big disappointment, i was expecting something different.
  3. May 15, 2012
    So much hype and expectation for a game full of bugs and impossible to play for more than 30 min without errors ,just like bioware did blizzard betray their fanbase
  4. May 15, 2012
    This is the last title that I will ever purchase from this company. Terrible consumer UN-friendly piracy prevention mechanisms they've tried their best to dress up and try to convince us, their customers, that it's for our benefit. It's almost as if they're actively trying to drive their customer's away. The move to make this game an "exclusively online" title, had everything to do withThis is the last title that I will ever purchase from this company. Terrible consumer UN-friendly piracy prevention mechanisms they've tried their best to dress up and try to convince us, their customers, that it's for our benefit. It's almost as if they're actively trying to drive their customer's away. The move to make this game an "exclusively online" title, had everything to do with appeasing shareholders, and absolutely nothing to do with giving the consumers a product they might actually enjoy using. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a disgruntled Blizzard employee to leak the server database and code to some willing party that will come up with an offline workaround for this abortion. Expand
  5. XLX
    May 15, 2012
    MY REVIEW: I will review what I have been able to play today "Nothing" which translated into numbers is 0 (zero) so there you go. The servers may have been up and down but I don't have all day to try to figure out when the servers are up so I can play. When I am ready to play they need to be ready to play or else don't make it online always game. I'm online, Blizzard is not, not myMY REVIEW: I will review what I have been able to play today "Nothing" which translated into numbers is 0 (zero) so there you go. The servers may have been up and down but I don't have all day to try to figure out when the servers are up so I can play. When I am ready to play they need to be ready to play or else don't make it online always game. I'm online, Blizzard is not, not my fault.

The irony of having someone state that your opinion shouldn't count but theirs does is remarkable. Anyways I know the server problems are temporary but they already have my cash so... yeah... I paid for a service I'm not receiving. I know the EULA covers Blizzard greedy and incompetent butt, however as a true consumer and believer in capitalism (The part that allows me to fight a company for bad service not the part that protects the company just because they have something saying bad things might happen and you cant sue us for it) I want to say Blizzard you are dead to me. I will play this game but no more money will be going your way. I weep at the fact that the only industry I ever truly wanted to be a part of has become so bloated with consumers ready to bend over and take whatever the company gives them astounds me. While a lot of others write "What did you expect" I answer "I expected what I have expected since the day I bought my first NES game... To go home put it in and enjoy myself." Times may change, technology sure has. But when I put down my hard earned money on the table, the only time I expect to lose it and not be able to play is at the casino. I don't like gambling on my games on whether they work or not.
  6. May 15, 2012
    This game is only really popular because of the Diablo title and world. By itself it doesn't stand up. They changed major portions of the established lore, changed the art style and feel of the game, and crammed always online DRM in.

The level design is taken straight out of Torchlight (made by those who made Diablo 1 & 2) and doesn't add anything new to the series that is a positive other than perhaps crafting. In fact, they have dumbed down many of the elements from the two previous games including character customization. The presentation, though an improvement is dated by today's standards and even the standards set in WarCraft III and StarCraft II set by Blizzard themselves. It is a shame. Taken with the horrific Americas region launch, it's Blizzard's weakest game and the only fun that can really be taken from it is that its in the Diablo world; strip that away and this game is nothing special.
  7. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 2 was release June 29, 2000 Blizzard had 12 years to make this game great and better than D2 so I was expecting a new chapter at the least. They had 12 years... and game is missing world PvP. No cash Auction House yet. Everything is dummy down you can't customize your character and the FPS is broken right now. It seems like Blizzard only spent 1 year on this and the other 11 yearsDiablo 2 was release June 29, 2000 Blizzard had 12 years to make this game great and better than D2 so I was expecting a new chapter at the least. They had 12 years... and game is missing world PvP. No cash Auction House yet. Everything is dummy down you can't customize your character and the FPS is broken right now. It seems like Blizzard only spent 1 year on this and the other 11 years was blown in the wind. Blizzard fired 10% of there workforce last year and you can tell the mess it caused. The game is not ready yet. I don't recommend spending 60 bucks on it. Save your money and wait for D4. Expand
  8. May 16, 2012
    Can't play the game when the servers are down. Think about five, ten, fifteen years from now. Is blizzard going to want you to play D3 or their newest iteration that you have to pay $100 for? Someday Blizzard is going to pull the plug and then this game and every other always-online game is going to be dead forever. Don't buy this game or support this practice by greedy developers.
  9. May 16, 2012
    I wish I didn't get to log in, I wish I did have a connection error because this game is boring as hell. I loved Diablo 1, and 2 was my favourite of the franchise but this is pure crap. I can see why it took them so long to release it, the higher ups must have played it and seen what a disgrace it was to the franchise. And at the end they must have given up and just cashed in. I stoppedI wish I didn't get to log in, I wish I did have a connection error because this game is boring as hell. I loved Diablo 1, and 2 was my favourite of the franchise but this is pure crap. I can see why it took them so long to release it, the higher ups must have played it and seen what a disgrace it was to the franchise. And at the end they must have given up and just cashed in. I stopped playing Fallout 3 half way through to go to this and frankly it's like walking through heaven and stepping on **** halfway through. Expand
  10. May 16, 2012
    If you want to play Diablo, play Diablo II. Then you'll be assured to get some quality game time rather than constant connection errors every 5 minutes. Good one blizzard way to screw up a good series.
  11. May 16, 2012
    Always online DRM and less character customization than the previous title... 12 years ago?
    unacceptable. i hope half of the people who would have purchased this game decide not to on the DRM basis alone. paying gamers should not tolerate this inconvenience merely because blizzard is scared that they will only make record breaking sales.
  12. May 16, 2012
    Lets see graphics 4/10 ( charaters look like 2002-2004 dx 6.0.7.0..lame...sound 9/10 specially the barbarian has good ones the weapons and charges gameplay 5/10 kinda lame cant use wasd ( ON PC!, movement is laggy even on a ultra enthusiast rig ) watered down gameplay they say attribites..char customization made the game booring..confusing and KEEPING players from the actionLets see graphics 4/10 ( charaters look like 2002-2004 dx 6.0.7.0..lame...sound 9/10 specially the barbarian has good ones the weapons and charges gameplay 5/10 kinda lame cant use wasd ( ON PC!, movement is laggy even on a ultra enthusiast rig ) watered down gameplay they say attribites..char customization made the game booring..confusing and KEEPING players from the action RIGHT?...riiight...lame so now you get skills at each lvl until lvl 60 and can do a variety of combos with 4 skills and on top of that a lame rune system...and least but not the last CONECTIVITY ...2/10...apart from every huge franchise launch wich is guaranteed to ahve a bumy launch , if you manage to pass the login screen various errors and your cahracter is still there all good and lastly....RMAH well not only you cna aparently and you will sell gold for real cash BUT you can also use real money to buy something but heres the CATCH nobody tells you you need a 1 bnet account 2 paypal account 3 AN MOBILE PHONE (not all carriers are acepted for the secore sms bs ( see bnet account for more details create one for free) 4 an authenticator wich isnt available in all countries in europe AND lastly an max 250$ liit to any item put on the rmah that on top of the 15% fee blizz gets off any item if it sells on teh rmah AND another 15% if the sale goes thru adn you decide to cash in through paypal for ex

And lastly no offlijne mode and no offline singleplayer like starcraft 2 has ( or anythign similar to that)

my score for this mess is 3/10, no diablo atmosphere...( wow more like, booring gameplay, none of that awsomeness d1/d2 had and it took 10 years...right, i wouldnt recommend this game to any rpg fan or action rpg

The rmah isnt such an big deal but for the 'hoops one has to go thru to even sell an item and then cash out its retarded..the black market or 3/4th party sites for this game are in heaven" )
  13. May 16, 2012
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Yeah, there's different icing, but underneath it's the same cake. You still click the mouse button until your fingers fall off, waiting for that one super-drop to make it all worthwhile. Add to that the massive fail of "must always be online" and servers crashing and you get ... my zero rating.
  14. May 16, 2012
    A $20 game at best but sold for $60. Outdated controls, bland gameplay even by hack n slash dungeon crawler standards. Online only really made things worse. There's a lot of negatives about the game and they greatly out weigh the positives. In the end it's a $20 game that they tried to charge top dollar for and that plus some big blunders in design and planning have caused a backlash.
  15. May 16, 2012
    12 hours is not acceptable in the post Skyrim gaming era. They apparently took a year per hour of gameplay. Sad to wait so long and get so little. I get the replay concept, but replaying on harder difficulties does not equal new content or more fun.
  16. May 16, 2012
    First bioware now blizzard ... Sequels to most wanted games keep disaapointing me ... Terrible DRM . I never played Diablo 1-2 online and will not play Diablo 3 online too but the game wants to be connected to server all the time . Middle of the game i recieve error "connection lost" and drop from the game . Are you kidding me ?...
    Game is simple like old commodore games . Just good
    Game is simple like old commodore games . Just good looking then pre diablos but nothing new and no improvement to game play . You can finish the game without reading anything ... click click click ...
  17. May 16, 2012
    Game is fun...when it can be played. If you have lack of internet access for whatever the reason, you can't play. Even when you can miraculously login to the servers without an error of some sort (37 or any of the other hugely common ones) the servers are down way too often. If only they had given the option of single player offline mode all of this problems people complaint about wouldGame is fun...when it can be played. If you have lack of internet access for whatever the reason, you can't play. Even when you can miraculously login to the servers without an error of some sort (37 or any of the other hugely common ones) the servers are down way too often. If only they had given the option of single player offline mode all of this problems people complaint about would have been solved. Forced online to play a single player game is ridiculous. Give us the option to play offline Blizzard. Game is fun so far but no offline kills it. Expand
  18. Jun 30, 2012
    This was fun while you played it... but for a diablo game, which always used to have an unlimited amount of replay ability, this has none. You level up, struggle a bit to get gear until you realize that there isn't any incentive to play anymore. Jay Wilson tried to make it too "original" instead of keeping the tried and tested elements that Diablo had, and STILL worked when D2 came out.This was fun while you played it... but for a diablo game, which always used to have an unlimited amount of replay ability, this has none. You level up, struggle a bit to get gear until you realize that there isn't any incentive to play anymore. Jay Wilson tried to make it too "original" instead of keeping the tried and tested elements that Diablo had, and STILL worked when D2 came out. An extreme leveling grind, easy farm able gear from anywhere in the game.... there was no reason to remove these elements, and it is evident that they did not work. The attitude the game developers have towards the subject, and I quote from their videos "Sometimes gamers tell us what they want, but we know better", an arrogant statement, that proved 100% false. Good work on killing a classic, and my favorite game series of all time. I hope it is fixed in the future so I feel like I can play again. Expand
  19. May 16, 2012
    requiring internet dependence was a poor judgement call. poor planning. so disgusted, i went out of my way to sign up here and get the point across. it's sad. it's almost as bad as crowding on wow launch, but worse. what happened to a game working out of the box?
  20. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3, doesn't deserve the name diablo. Ignoring all the launch day issues( I did not calculate those in my rating), the game lacks the grit that diablo 1 and 2 provided. At the time, these games were cutting edge with better graphics and gameplay than everything else around it. Sadly, Blizzard felt the need to "wow-tise" this franchise. WoW graphics with a different color and shadeDiablo 3, doesn't deserve the name diablo. Ignoring all the launch day issues( I did not calculate those in my rating), the game lacks the grit that diablo 1 and 2 provided. At the time, these games were cutting edge with better graphics and gameplay than everything else around it. Sadly, Blizzard felt the need to "wow-tise" this franchise. WoW graphics with a different color and shade pallet truly turned me off, especially remembering the dark gritty feel the previous titles had. The game lacks any true character customization unlike diablo 2, no hours trying to create unique and cool builds, nope. Here a barb, is a barb, is a barb. But what can you expect, since the people that created the games that made blizzard great, left so long ago. Blizzard really did nothing to move it's title forward into 2012, it basically reskinned diablo 2. I also strongly dislike the real money auction house, and the fact that you have to be online to play an RPG with a solo mode. Expand
  21. May 17, 2012
    I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS GAME. I don't know what I expected but this was not it. Same game play monotony, but I was hoping for some more RPG style play. Twelve years in the making, AND THIS IS IT?
  22. May 17, 2012
    Comment peut-on demander une connection permanente a un jeu solo ?! Ceci est tout juste une arnaque,2 jours que j'essaye de me connecter et je n'arrive toujours pas à lancer le jeu!
  23. May 17, 2012
    Nothing much to say, i gave a 2 score for the time Blizz employees took to make the game, 10 years of development with numerous cancels over a decade still deserve few points i guess.

Now for the rest, everything is just wrong in this game. From dungeons and randomness, rmt, solo/multiplayer modes, character customization, every single aspect or feature is just at the opposite of what i would have expected for a 2012 hack and slash. I played both D1 and D2 at launch and i liked those games very much for what they were at the time. I won't play D3, i'll probably wait for better Diablo like games to come out soon, they are many in development, they all seam so much more entertaining and "rightly" done for a today game.
  24. May 17, 2012
    I give it 0. In fact I gould give it -9000 if I could. I would say even it's worse than the worst Revelation 2012.
    Let me start with the fact it's a singleplayer game with coop feature. It's multiplayer game as some people claim. It's not MMO either. Awful and customer raping DRM. It uses piracy as an excuse while the real reason is the RMAH(real money auction house) and its pay-to-win items. You know Blizzard with get % from what you earn. Yet I don't see who really will throw real money for singleplayer or just COOP.
    Perhaps for PvP..oh snap..wait...there's not full PvP ingame yet because Blizzard broke their rule "It's done when its done".
    Low-res textures, low-poly models, terrible voice-acting, terrible sound effect, lack of content. Yup, there are different modes but all they do is adding more and higher-HP foes. It makes the game last longer, not an actual real content. LAG LAG LAG while you play singleplayer.. WTF? You lose connection - your game fails. Simple.
    The game even doesn't feel grim. Doesn't feel like Diablo game. Your 7yo can play it with no problems.
    Don't even waste your time to read and believe any **** "professional" game journalists say. Majority of them are highly biased. After all they live on publishers and developers back. Revenues and etc.
    Or they are Blizzard-Activision fanbois. What a game. One of the biggest game companies to produce so low-quality game.
    If you know what happens in Diablos lore - just read the new book or watch some Lets Play on Youtube.
    Don't waste your money on this crap game. If you are looking for hack-n-slash try out Torchlight2, Grim dawn, Path of Exile when they are released.
  25. May 17, 2012
    This game is great! I wish I could play it. The game's been out for three days and I'm already at level 5! I've been playing as often as I can. You'll really enjoy it if the stars align in such a way that you're able to successfully log in to this online-only multiplayer game.
  26. May 17, 2012
    The game is very basic, one dimensional and overpriced. The artwork its good but can't believe it took so long to make this game and suffered delays. Go with torchlight, 1/3Rd the price and without the always on connection problems that make the game unplayable without a network connection. Blizzard has become a shadow of its former self and the games are obviously suffering because ofThe game is very basic, one dimensional and overpriced. The artwork its good but can't believe it took so long to make this game and suffered delays. Go with torchlight, 1/3Rd the price and without the always on connection problems that make the game unplayable without a network connection. Blizzard has become a shadow of its former self and the games are obviously suffering because of their dominance. Expand
  27. May 17, 2012
    Always online DRM. Not that it affects them at all, but they lost at least one pre-order sale, but of course, everyone in the world has first world internet connections, so it will be fiiine.
  28. May 17, 2012
    This game is ruined for me because of the internet connectivity. I don't have anything new to say. I just wanted to give another 0 to help bring down the average. Fck you blizzard i will never purchase another one of your games.
  29. May 18, 2012
    So I'm actually not basing my score on the server/DRM issues (even though they're unacceptable), if DRM helps put an end to all the cheating (and piracy) then I can live with an outage here and there. Unfortunately, this game still has a lot of significant problems. In terms of gameplay, there's nothing wrong with the basic formula: kill stuff , get loot, etc., and there's some funSo I'm actually not basing my score on the server/DRM issues (even though they're unacceptable), if DRM helps put an end to all the cheating (and piracy) then I can live with an outage here and there. Unfortunately, this game still has a lot of significant problems. In terms of gameplay, there's nothing wrong with the basic formula: kill stuff , get loot, etc., and there's some fun mechanics to learn for each character. The major problem is that the addition of the auction house has totally ruined the scaling of the game, and I'm talking about the normal (legitimate) one, not the one that uses real money. When you put millions of people online at the same time and let them share every single item with each other, the "mega rare" items aren't so rare anymore, and competition drives the prices down...at the end of Act II I decided to spend about 45 minutes buying AH items (which was actually the most engaging and fun part of the game so far), and ended up with a maxed-out gear set for next to nothing. This was awesome at first, but then I proceeded to waltz through the second half of the game in a few hours. After a certain point it's just boring when you walk into the final boss's room without any preparation and beat him in a single try. I'm halfway through Nightmare difficulty and it hasn't really been any more difficult, although I expect at some point it might cross my mind to recruit a friend for some backup. Regardless, claiming that "the game only really starts on the second playthrough" is honestly one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard, and I'll never know why it flies for Blizzard when it wouldn't fly for any other developer on the face of the earth...for 60 bucks, there is a very distinct lack of content here.

The game being too short or too easy wouldn't be so bad if the game's story or graphics held up, but this isn't really the case either. The graphics are...well, unimpressive (even on max settings), and if you liked the whole "dark fantasy" feel of the series, prepare to be very disappointed because the art direction of this game is much closer to WoW than any Diablo game (there's even a few scenes that feel ripped out of SC2, but that's another story). Granted I was 14 when D2 came out, but I remember some of the areas being pretty creepy and grim...this is much more cartoony and vibrant. The sense of dread and loneliness is gone, there's NPC's everywhere and they really hurt the tone of the game. There's even awkward moments of attempted humor (I don't remember the exact wording, but a major boss literally says some variation of "I hate vegetables" as you fight him). It's very tame, if they removed the small amounts of blood in this game it could easily be rated Teen. Combine this with sub-par voice acting and a routine storyline, it makes for a bland experience.

So...obviously Blizzard did not spend all their time and money to deliberately make a mediocre game, so I only have one explanation for why this game is so disappointing: to me, every decision made throughout the development process seems to be about getting a mass audience involved in the Diablo franchise at the expense of the depth and artistic integrity that the hardcore fans love. They will make a killing on this game, especially when the real-money auction house hits. Some people might even claim to love it, but at the end of the day it's really hard to consider it anything other than a blown opportunity, and a sad way to conclude a wait of over 10 years.
  30. May 18, 2012
    Sigh! Bought a game that is unplayable because of the schizofrenic DRM protection that always need you to have a working Internet connection. And on top of that their servers are unconnectable because of overload. You CAN NOT(!?) play this game offline. Shame on you Blizzard!
  31. May 19, 2012
    1) No preparation. They were not able to handle the pre-orders with their server so that people wasted a day (the first day) and their 60 euros of pre-ordering waiting in front of the desktop like ****
    2) The quest is unique (and in my opinion not so long) without any secondary mission just to extend the game.
    3) The game is reduced to be a game where people just have to reach high levels
    3) The game is reduced to be a game where people just have to reach high levels without fun.

A game like this isnt worth 60 euros, just saying.
  32. May 19, 2012
    I remember the first Diablo blowing me away, Diablo 2 blowing me away, LOD blowing me away and here comes Diablo 3 . . . blowing massive donkey penis. Seriously, go to hell actiblizzard. RIP Diablo. As far as I'm concerned Diablo ended at LOD
  33. May 20, 2012
    This is an outrage. Diablo and Online only? The servers are always full, I cant play a single player game because my latency is high! Blizzard made a huge mistake by making online only... Also why change the classic classes? Where is paladin? Where is necromancer? Classes and characters have nothing to do with diablo series. Item system is not great as the old game,no socketThis is an outrage. Diablo and Online only? The servers are always full, I cant play a single player game because my latency is high! Blizzard made a huge mistake by making online only... Also why change the classic classes? Where is paladin? Where is necromancer? Classes and characters have nothing to do with diablo series. Item system is not great as the old game,no socket weapons...Graphics are cool,gameplay is good but I will continue playing Diablo 2 which is a real classic. D3 looks like an isometric camera viewed WoW. Expand
  34. May 20, 2012
    Lets forget the always on-line DRM and overload issues. I dont play D3 because it is a Blizzard game, I play it because it is an A-RPG, and for me, D3 failed on RPG part. In my own opinion, my issue with D2 is: Those Strength and Dexterity limit on equipment make the attributes points for character become useless. As Necromancer, I never put a single point on EnergyÂ
  35. Feb 16, 2013
    The problem with this game is that Blizzard didn't prepare enough for it. Lots of lag problems, bugs that don't allow you to play, always online DRM, laggy servers, bugs making items characters disappear forever, achievements getting bugged. Also the gameplay is not exempt from it too. Because they made some really dumb decisions on this game. Like for example Legendary Items are horribleThe problem with this game is that Blizzard didn't prepare enough for it. Lots of lag problems, bugs that don't allow you to play, always online DRM, laggy servers, bugs making items characters disappear forever, achievements getting bugged. Also the gameplay is not exempt from it too. Because they made some really dumb decisions on this game. Like for example Legendary Items are horrible when compared to Magic Items from Inferno. Lots of dumb design choices too, though some were really improvements to the game, it feels ilke they cut shortcuts on lots of aspects on the game. No Runewords useless common socketed items, action house destroying the game balance and progression, useless hirelings, etc It's just not a Diablo Sequel, and coupled with the horrible problems caused by their design choices leave me with the decision to never purchase another game from Blizzard again Expand
  36. May 20, 2012
    Unjustifiable quality presented for a game in development since 2001. 11 years. I repeat, 11 years. The graphic quality doesn't impressed anyone, not music, average story, overly high latency and the first weekend they lost control of the servers. They deserve the users score who obtained making things so bad as possible.
  37. May 20, 2012
    So overrated, just bought it because of all the hype. Torchlight was way better, had a better mood, nice sounds, nice music, combat. I expected Diablo 3 to be kind of the same, but even more gloomy and appealing graphically. Well, when you dress your character, you don`t see much of the fancy armor you picked up from looting. You can`t shoot with a cross-bow if you are a barbarian, or useSo overrated, just bought it because of all the hype. Torchlight was way better, had a better mood, nice sounds, nice music, combat. I expected Diablo 3 to be kind of the same, but even more gloomy and appealing graphically. Well, when you dress your character, you don`t see much of the fancy armor you picked up from looting. You can`t shoot with a cross-bow if you are a barbarian, or use an axe if you are demon hunter (if you do so, you get punished for that). The sounds on some of the weapons are really annoying and there is nothing you can do about it, other than hope another skill will trigger a different sound. Still an entertaining game, but no milestone in gaming history like it would sound from the hype. Of course that helped blizzard cash in, even when shipping a completely average and broken game :| Expand
  38. Sep 23, 2012
    Ok, I put a 5 /10 like two months ago, I really thought that review I did was balanced. Many people found my last review helpful, but I was completely wrong. I will explain why I now think I what I wrote is completely off the mark.Here was my last review:

I will try to be objective. First of all I think it is unrealistic to give this game a 0 or a 10. It is neigther a total disaster or a masterpiece. I will try to explain the score I ahve given. First of all I consider myself a casual gamer. The games I buy I usually do from Steam and I wait for special offers. I do not mind playing old games and I do so for the fun. Diablo III is an exception. Diablo II was probably the game I most enjoyed playing in my teen years and I was willing to pay 60$ for Diablo III. I think the game is fun and a nice way to keep distracted when you are bored, but I am a bit dissapointed at what it offers given its price. Maybe its my expectations given the fun I had with Diablo II are the reason for my dissapointment. First of all, I do not like that all characters will eventually have the same skills... There is no room for thinking out new builds and try them out. Also, beeing a solo player, I was very surprised at the fact that I will need to play always online. I think that is a deal breaker for many people. First of all beacause I share my internet connection, secondly becasue if I pay 60$ I will want to have access to the game whenever I want. Online playing really is not necessary I think. As for the game itself, I am half way trough nightmare difficulty and it starts to feel like the level of difficulty of diablo II. Normal difficulty was a breeze but I am happy to see that the level of skill required and plannification of fights is required in the next levels. I am not really fussed about the story, but I have to say that after 12 years in development it feels a bit empty. As for the good aspects of the game, I think it all comes down to if you are having fun or not. I am having fun at the moment. I expected more for for 60$ though...... The game feels like a diablo game, the dungeons are a bit smaller than before, but the monsters are very similar, you can even recognice many of them from Diablo II. The boss fights aren't as challenging though.... Anyway, just to sum up. I am giving this game a 5 out of 10. The biggest deduction comes when taking in mind the relation of what you pay and what you really get. The game is simply not worth that price, and it really does feel as a game that could have been created in 2005 or 2006.... It surprises me from a company like Blizzard who usually delivers good products. The internet connection is simply not fair for solo players, and I don't really think it is needed. Anyway, if you want to spend your money in a Dungeon crawler I advise to anyone who is not sure about buying the game or not to wait for Torchlight 2, created by the same developers of Diablo II. You will get a very similar product for 1/3 of Diablo III price. Just don't rush to buy this game just because it says Diablo in its tittle. It is not terrible, but you will hardly have the fun you had with the previos games. Overall I am dissapoint, but will try to make teh best of it and have fun. I hope this review helps you make a decision. Have fun everyone!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After playing Torchlight II, I have to say that it delivers much much more than Diablo 2, which I only managed to play for 1 month before quiting. Getting what you get for Torchlight II at 1/3 of the price of Diablo III is just outstanding, its even hard to believe. The rewards, the progression, the customization, the atmosphere, the balance, but above everything else THE FUN!!!! All these things not only make Torchligh II an excelent game, but make Diablo III with 10 times the budget than Torchilight II a complete and utter failure 3 times as expensive and 3 times less polished.
    Really. If you read this do not buy Diablo 3. Do not make that mistake. The mistake I and many others made because we had a nice time playing Diablo II and thought Diablo 3 would be its continuation. It is not. Do not bother. Go for Torchlight. You can buy 3 copies and its still cheaper than diablo... I feel so stupid now... Hope this helps you! Have fun everyone!
  39. May 21, 2012
    Where to start...Well I suppose the likely first place is how horrible the game looks. The cartoon graphics remove any 'horror' from the game entirely. While they add a large amount of gore, it is mostly wasted since the game looks like something you'd watch on Saturday morning. The skill system is dismal. There is zero customization for skills in this game. Why would I ever need toWhere to start...Well I suppose the likely first place is how horrible the game looks. The cartoon graphics remove any 'horror' from the game entirely. While they add a large amount of gore, it is mostly wasted since the game looks like something you'd watch on Saturday morning. The skill system is dismal. There is zero customization for skills in this game. Why would I ever need to make more than one barbarian, oh that's right, I won't.

The story line is awful, dreadful, and possibly the worst offense this game has done. It's predictable plot and contrite characters are just plain bad. Who approved this script, the ineptness is vast.

Those are just 3 things that make this game awful...besides the always on DRM, Bugs, Glitches, Disconnects, etc.

Couldn't recommend staying far enough way
  40. May 21, 2012
    What can I say? It's an online only single player game with lackluster graphics. That's right, there's lag in the single player! Its terrible. There are plenty of indie titles that deliver a better experience.
  41. May 21, 2012
    the game its very good but u cant play it with 400 ping to 1200. Today the game have 1200 ping to 1500. Blizzard gives no answers.. its amazing that this game took 9 years to be made...
  42. May 21, 2012
    This title brings nothing new to the genre, the need for a constant internet connection at face value appears to be a poor decision by Blizzard, then you are stuck with login errors, server maintenance, lag issue, the constant internet connection becomes game breaking.

This game has been simplified by the removal of the stats system, and simplifying the skill system which have removed much of the interesting potential of strange builds. The itemization is terrible, I did not want to play a single player WOW clone, this game needs to be heavily patched... before its worth a look.
  43. May 22, 2012
    Extremely laggy multiplayer. I had alot of hopes for this game but I have already uninstalled it and feel cheated by this POS. I have all the graphics turned off and when I am in multiplayer I am usually killed by nearby mobs before I have a chance to run away or fight due to the atrocious amount of lag. I cannot recommend this game to anyone. -j
  44. May 24, 2012
    I see it as a glorified Indie game. It's fun but not worth it's price-tag of ââ
  45. May 24, 2012
    I have been waiting for Diablo III for a very long time, now the moment of truth has arrived and I am mildly disappointed. Even though I was not able to customize my skill trees like its predecessor, it still gave me 5 different class to choose from and eventually they will add more in the coming expansion. The worst part of this game is the always online DRM. Server goes down I can'tI have been waiting for Diablo III for a very long time, now the moment of truth has arrived and I am mildly disappointed. Even though I was not able to customize my skill trees like its predecessor, it still gave me 5 different class to choose from and eventually they will add more in the coming expansion. The worst part of this game is the always online DRM. Server goes down I can't play, high latency I can't play. No internet I can't play, It would have been better if I can have an offline mode separate from the online. I just want to play this game even if it has to authenticate online everytime I play it, it would be ok but constantly online is a fail. Expand
  46. May 24, 2012
    Ok, so from the start of the game I was disappointed. I found out that they had styled the game the same way as they did with their new game Mists of Pandaria which is awful in so many ways, but the main is that they did not have any talent trees. Thats right, no talent trees whatsoever. You might ask yourself why they feel the need to take out talent trees and put in this panda styleOk, so from the start of the game I was disappointed. I found out that they had styled the game the same way as they did with their new game Mists of Pandaria which is awful in so many ways, but the main is that they did not have any talent trees. Thats right, no talent trees whatsoever. You might ask yourself why they feel the need to take out talent trees and put in this panda style skill system, and the answer is that they felt like it would be easier to balance... The word "Balance" has ruined this game, they were actually so lazy when making this game that they didnt feel like dealing with any other variables than necessary so they went ahead and made it to what skills you picked had little to no impact on how you play. This alone is a reason for me to say that this game has no replay value whatsoever, and it has even less satisfaction from beating it, the best feeling I got from beating Diablo 2 was to see my weak starting character transform into a heroic Juggernaut through the particular stacking of skills, I remember that I stacked so many points on my druid that I could constantly have 10 or so summoned wolfs helping me at once, this game lacks all of that original diversification therefore making it the retarded offspring of what was Diablo. Expand
  47. May 24, 2012
    Gameplay: Plays ok, when you can play it. It plays like a diablo game. Not much different here. Graphics: background graphics are actually pretty good, different but good. Char models I feel could have been done better. Story: meh, predictable.
    Classes: Overall good. I like the diversity and the classes skills. Disappointed that there is no "assassin" class, expecting this and a knight class to be in the first expansion. Not thrilled about the glyph system either, that was just copied over from WoW. Would have rather seen them go a different direction here. Would probably give the game a 6-7ish on the above points. What kills it for me is the always on DRM (I'm sorry, "achievement tracker/auction house access"). Game lags/rubberbands/disconnects based solely on B.NETs servers. You will ALWAYS be at the mercy of blizzards servers. Want to play when you don't have access to the 'net, to bad. I will never buy a game that has an always on DRM scheme (review based off the beta/starter edition).
  48. May 25, 2012
    PLEASE READ THIS COMMENT. I ask you kindly, even more I beg you, don't buy this game. Even if you played the beta and enjoyed, or you have read reviews and tested the game, and really liked it, still DON'T BUY DIABLO III. Don't let Blizzard get away with their disrespectful and discriminating policies. Is it their really so much difference between not letting you play the game if you don'tPLEASE READ THIS COMMENT. I ask you kindly, even more I beg you, don't buy this game. Even if you played the beta and enjoyed, or you have read reviews and tested the game, and really liked it, still DON'T BUY DIABLO III. Don't let Blizzard get away with their disrespectful and discriminating policies. Is it their really so much difference between not letting you play the game if you don't have internet connection and for instance saying that you can't go to college because you're black. I mean really you can always (or almost always) get yourself internet connection just like you can change your skin color. Please show some solidarity with people who, like me, sometimes play their games on the go or want to play together with friends who don't have internet connection. If we don't protest now SOON ALL DEVELOPERS WILL FOLLOW BLIZZARD. And don't stop there don't buy any Blizzard products until they change their policy and tell all your friends to do the same or really soon you'll find that you won't be able to play any single player game without internet connection. I am not even going to discuss other concerns such as the fact that you don't really buy the game you kind of rent it from Blizzard, or the fact that there won't be any mods, or the lag, or the theft of the accounts, or the server issues, but I have to say a few words on the auction house. BLIZZARD SUPPORTS MODERN DAY SLAVERY by legalizing the trade of virtual goods. Just do a Google search and you'll find information on forced labor camps in China and other not fully democratic countries where prisoners are forced to play the game to support the regime or for the financial benefit of the prison guards. Don't be ignorant about this issue, there's no excuse, educate yourself, and search your conscience to determine whether you'd like to play with people who are forced by oppressive regimes to farm gold in the game you play simply for fun. IT'S UP TO US WHETHER WE LET GAME DEVELOPERS DISRESPECT OUR RIGHTS AND THE RIGHTS OF OUR FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS.
    EDIT: 1st time I reviewed something on metacritic and I gave it 10 instead of 0, sorry if it was misleading to anyone.
  49. May 25, 2012
    I wanted to love this game, and based on some pro reviewers I had high hopes. But I'm not sure we're playing the same game. It is very repetitive, and the dialogue is punch-in-the-face bad. To make matters worse the character banter is totally random with no regard to what is going on. For example, my characters were chatting about the current location being a shockingly disgustingI wanted to love this game, and based on some pro reviewers I had high hopes. But I'm not sure we're playing the same game. It is very repetitive, and the dialogue is punch-in-the-face bad. To make matters worse the character banter is totally random with no regard to what is going on. For example, my characters were chatting about the current location being a shockingly disgusting place that needed to be sealed off, dialogue obviously meant for hell. But I was in heaven at that point. Also got comments about "here in the keep" when I was not in the keep any longer. May seem like a small thing but it kills suspension of disbelief, and after 12 years.... they didn't notice or care about that? Other dialogue is so cheesy it goes way beyond what's allowed these days in a top-tier title. Gameplay is feeling very repetitive.
    Also I get logged out with error 3007 about every 2 hours, with no reply from Blizzard on that one. That does kill some of the fun.
    On the bright side, the cinematics are drop-dead amazing looking.
  50. May 25, 2012
    Continuous server downtime, unable to play single-player due to Blizzard server issues. Auction house has been down more than up. HORRIBLE lag that Blizzard insists is MY fault.
  51. May 25, 2012
    Terrible. From start to finish. Boring, mediocre, crap. Without purpose, enjoyment, or anything that made diablo 2 great. One giant front end for the RMAH, Nothing more
  52. May 25, 2012
    not the worst game ever. too many problems to give even a mixed score. terrible storyline. seriously so terrible. just skip cut scenes, they writers were on crack with this one. i cant even begin with the other problems. for 60 bucks it might keep you entertained for 60 or so hours if you play all the classes. normal-hell difficulties are a cake walk, no challenge. totally doesn't preparenot the worst game ever. too many problems to give even a mixed score. terrible storyline. seriously so terrible. just skip cut scenes, they writers were on crack with this one. i cant even begin with the other problems. for 60 bucks it might keep you entertained for 60 or so hours if you play all the classes. normal-hell difficulties are a cake walk, no challenge. totally doesn't prepare you for inferno gear wise or strategy wise. if you weren't one of the people who had to play just to know i wouldn't recommend buying it at all. Expand
  53. May 26, 2012
    Incredibly polished, but unplayable for me due to unreliable internet, entire game lagged in single player, constant disconnects and unable to connect makes it unplayable, loss of progress and general poor form from the developers. This is the very last time I spend any money on products which use DRM.
  54. May 28, 2012
    I spent about 15 hours with this game trying to get into it the control system is just to old skool for me tastes. The control of the character is simply to basic and even though there lots of abilities the tactics and actual combat are way to simplistic. It would have been so much better if I could have played using a control pad. The graphics are detailed but dated and character modelsI spent about 15 hours with this game trying to get into it the control system is just to old skool for me tastes. The control of the character is simply to basic and even though there lots of abilities the tactics and actual combat are way to simplistic. It would have been so much better if I could have played using a control pad. The graphics are detailed but dated and character models are poor. The sound and story are not very good and seem badly done. The game-play is bland there`s no reason for it to be online at all the multi player is worse than single player. The game need to be brought into the present it wasn`t that good when it first came out Baulders Gate was and still is a far better game. Expand
  55. May 26, 2012
    Loot variety is terrible and feels at the most of only half way completed. I have played free IPAD games have better loot variety than this one right now.

For the skill system it feels like no illegitimate RPG based skill system to me, only a "select your auto attack splash", In addition there is no option to specialize your character to any builds that you want. I have enjoyed the story

I have enjoyed the story for the most part, but it can be a little better.

Replay-ability contains no story alterations for higher difficulties, the feeling of being forced into replaying the "story" portion of the game for harder difficulties, harder difficulties have no depth in order to make it challenging, overall no fun whatsoever.
  56. May 27, 2012
    The game had so much potential with a great story and sound etc it could have been a classic. However it failed to deliver. Playing with 400 ping in single player because blizzard refuses to allow me to play offline is ridiculous. Dieing because when you press Q to health nothing happens due to the lag is not the sign of a polished game. Wish they had also had more NPCs battling alongsideThe game had so much potential with a great story and sound etc it could have been a classic. However it failed to deliver. Playing with 400 ping in single player because blizzard refuses to allow me to play offline is ridiculous. Dieing because when you press Q to health nothing happens due to the lag is not the sign of a polished game. Wish they had also had more NPCs battling alongside you. think i collected 1 soldier besides the companion NPCs the entire game. This solider npc died within about 20 metres as well was very saddened when he did. Expand
  57. May 28, 2012
    Sad face. :(

That's really the only way to sum this up. Save yourself 40 dollars and get Torchlight II instead. Or get 3 copies of Torchlight II instead of buying this. Why would you even pay $60 for a game anyway? All the games I have hundreds and hundreds of hours logged on (besides the 1 mmo I ever seriously played) cost me $20 or under and are much higher quality and better
    Sad face. :(

That's really the only way to sum this up.

Save yourself 40 dollars and get Torchlight II instead.

Or get 3 copies of Torchlight II instead of buying this.

Why would you even pay $60 for a game anyway? All the games I have hundreds and hundreds of hours logged on (besides the 1 mmo I ever seriously played) cost me $20 or under and are much higher quality and better maintained than most $60 throwaway titles whose sole reason for being is to rake in cash. (Call of Duty's modern warfare series comes to mind as the most recent example of this.)
  58. May 29, 2012
    The problem with critical reviews of this game is that critics are expected to churn out judgement based on sitting down and playing the game for a few hours (or a few days at the most) before they need to write an article about it. This is accurate of how Diablo 3 is. Play it for a few hours or a few days and you'll tend to say "best game ever." Play it longer than that though and theThe problem with critical reviews of this game is that critics are expected to churn out judgement based on sitting down and playing the game for a few hours (or a few days at the most) before they need to write an article about it. This is accurate of how Diablo 3 is. Play it for a few hours or a few days and you'll tend to say "best game ever." Play it longer than that though and the impression (very, very) quickly fades. I am giving this game a 1-rating despite being a (former) Blizzard fan not only because the game requires you to always be online with servers that are very unreliable - these things can be fixed given time. The reason I am giving this game a 1-rating are because: 1) the game is too short, 2) it assumes you'll have to play the game over and over and over (ad infinitum) just to progress to the higher difficulty levels. It requires you to either grind for gear or scour the AH and in this regard, it loses what made the Diablo franchise fun. It was FUN to kill monsters. It's NOT FUN getting 1-shotted in Inferno difficulty because, despite grinding hours for gear, the RNG gods have not yet given you enough gear to be able to handle this level of difficulty. In this regard, Diablo 3 becomes a game not of skill, but of luck. There's no aspect of strategy here. To be able to survive Inferno, you need to have a very specific build with a very specific (and very hard to find or very expensive) gear.

This is not the game for you if you just want to sit back after a long tiring day at work and kill stuff and be happy about it. This is a game for people who either play games for a living, or have enough money in their Daddy's trust fund that they can afford never to work a day in their life and can spend all of it playing this game.
  59. May 29, 2012
    "it's a disgrace. it's a disgrace. it's a **** disgrace."

didier drogba, about diablo 3

no story, no pvp, cookie cutter setups. welcome to blizzard casual gaming department.
  60. May 29, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a lot like StarCraft 2, if you liked the others you will like the new one; but if you we're looking for some new innovative and creative upgrades from the previous games then you will be very disappointed, like me. The background graphics are better than the actual environments you fight in, which are very boring and stale. Building up your character gets boring around level 30Diablo 3 is a lot like StarCraft 2, if you liked the others you will like the new one; but if you we're looking for some new innovative and creative upgrades from the previous games then you will be very disappointed, like me. The background graphics are better than the actual environments you fight in, which are very boring and stale. Building up your character gets boring around level 30 and there are only a few interesting, unrepetitive, enemies throughout the game.

I wish I could trade in my copy now to get as much money back as possible but because of the online connection and serial code required to play this game once you buy it you must keep it. Blizzard really needs to get its butt in gear if it plans to keep its fans because SC2 was a huge disappointment and now they have failed to deliver with Diablo 3. Blizzard, your fans need more than just a stale storyline and upgraded graphics. Try creating more interactive environments, different routes and decisions for quests, open environments, special multiplayer concepts (not just co-op). You (Blizzard) are destroying great series' of games and you not learning or listing to your fans; they want more than just new graphics and a one-way story.
  61. Jun 18, 2012
    (Wouldve given it a ZERO but..)

(Wouldve given it a ZERO but..)

Diablo 3 = Grind to level 60, then grind endlessly for gear with absolutely nothing else to do once your there. Get completely random gear with random rolls with random stats from random things in random places... 99% of which will make you question why it is even in the game. (ie; level60 2-handed weapons dropping in Inferno Act4 with 100-200dps (while your gonna get murdered with 1000 dps weapons there.) But wait for PVP you say!? Why? So I can enter a game with some moron that dropped $250 on weapons and items in the Real Money Auction system? No thanks.

Summary: This game is 95~99% gear, and 1~5% skill. Anyone still wanna play it?

Good riddens,
    Someone elses future customer

P.S. The lack of response to combat the RMT spammers from sending friend invites, chat spam, and now whispers has made this alrady horrible game much much worse. Great job Blizzard. Wont EVER buy one of your half completed products ever again, and its because of your amazingly bad CUSTOMER SERVICE that will cement this decision as I submit my refund ticket.
  62. May 29, 2012
    Game of repeating over and over again for crappy loot, it gets boring super fast.

With pay to win auction house + crappy DRM.

It does not feel like diablo 3, it feels like a whole new game.
  63. May 29, 2012
    Activision Blizzard's greed knows no bounds. Even though they knew they would sell millions of copies regardless of piracy, they still put in one of the most draconian DRM systems EVER. Just to make a little bit more profit on their already huge profit, they saw fit to screw over all their legitimate customers. The game itself is your typical hack and slash dungeon crawler, not much moreActivision Blizzard's greed knows no bounds. Even though they knew they would sell millions of copies regardless of piracy, they still put in one of the most draconian DRM systems EVER. Just to make a little bit more profit on their already huge profit, they saw fit to screw over all their legitimate customers. The game itself is your typical hack and slash dungeon crawler, not much more to say there. Expand
  64. Jun 1, 2012
    It only takes a few hours to beat to experience 90% of the game's content. There are so many games out there that are free to play with WAY more content. Little to no replayability compared to previous diablo games. No character customization in terms of how you look or how your character is played. You can't be a frost mage, or a fire mage, for example (you can only be a mage). Boring andIt only takes a few hours to beat to experience 90% of the game's content. There are so many games out there that are free to play with WAY more content. Little to no replayability compared to previous diablo games. No character customization in terms of how you look or how your character is played. You can't be a frost mage, or a fire mage, for example (you can only be a mage). Boring and repetative. Expand
  65. Jun 1, 2012
    Easily the biggest flop of the decade.

If you've played the past Diablo games, DON'T pay and play this one. The game is nothing like the past games and revolves around getting you on the Real Money Auction House and trying to get you to spend money there. Feels much more like World of Warcraft than Diablo. Blizzard sold out and deceived us all big time on this game.

Avoid it.
  66. Jun 2, 2012
    Typical neo-blizzard, ripped of concepts of other games, revived older ones from previous games. No work or passion put into this at all. Generic cash-grab. People need to wise up and look past labels and 'appearances' to see things for what they really are. It turned out to be exactly what the previews showed, a steaming pile of monkeysh$t. As these companies cut their throats betterTypical neo-blizzard, ripped of concepts of other games, revived older ones from previous games. No work or passion put into this at all. Generic cash-grab. People need to wise up and look past labels and 'appearances' to see things for what they really are. It turned out to be exactly what the previews showed, a steaming pile of monkeysh$t. As these companies cut their throats better companies with passionate creators are coming out with new and better things. Support the better companies. Expand
  67. Jun 3, 2012
    Not worth the 60 dollars. It is nothing like Diablo2 at all and is completely linear. Expect boring guided gameplay with little to no customization. Also you are forced to use AH to progress in the game. Terrible thing Jay Wilson has done to the Diablo franch
  68. Jul 6, 2012
    Well, i have gave it 9 score b4. but now i gonna change my mind after i play a month, bcos i think it was too early to judge the game with DRM. I was giving 1 score bcos the game is still good playing, but ofcos without RMAH. This game, what do i say? IS SUCKS, TOTALLY SUCKS, with RMAH exist. All action blizz has done, like cancel the customization, make the game ridiculous hard,Well, i have gave it 9 score b4. but now i gonna change my mind after i play a month, bcos i think it was too early to judge the game with DRM. I was giving 1 score bcos the game is still good playing, but ofcos without RMAH. This game, what do i say? IS SUCKS, TOTALLY SUCKS, with RMAH exist. All action blizz has done, like cancel the customization, make the game ridiculous hard, unavoidable monster skill, nerfing drop rate, and even high up the repair cost, its intend is just base aroung the RMAH, what a disgusting ideal ! This game is A TRAP, u will realize when u complete hell mode, 1st of all, they make the normal mode ridiculous easy, and then nightmare not too hard, when u enter hell, u will realize that your won farmed gear cannot survive, so 1st u gonna go to GAH, then u succeed in hell mode, then after u step in inferno mode, all your gear will bcome useless again, and this game not allow u to use any tactic or skill to win the monster, just bcos most of thier attack or skill is unavoidable! u cant pass inferno without good gear, and now u face the fxxing price in GAH, what u do now? only the RMAH is your only savior ! THIS, IS WHAT BLIZZ EXPECT ! You already level 60, you not going to give it up right now, but you cannot progress the game, you have no choice just bcos the game is unreaonable hard right now, what would you do?? Oh, RMAH ofcos, working as intent ! people always said. Thats why i said this game is a TRAP ! Judge the game with your won logic and IQ after u have play this game sometime, give a advise to all people around you and save their $$ from thier pocket, write a true review in any game website to tell all people, that the truth behind this game. Expand
  69. Jun 11, 2012
    i played Diablo and i played Diablo 2
    You would think they would make 3 so it works properly on the servers.
    Not the case. Same pathetic issues. I waiting for the hacks to arrive like they did in DiaBLO one and two. the hacks where you work hard on your character for weeks and someone hacks in and steals all your weapons and armor. Blizzard said sorry when i called.
  70. Jun 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly who did their hire to write such a pathetic and stupid story? is lame, boring, repetitive and brough into you everytime. Also the darker feeling of previous diablo games is not there, cartonish graphics, boss/enemy tauntings, darker ambientation is not there. This game is dumbed down for 10 years old wow gamers, it should be called DiaBloW 2. This game Is not as inmersive as D2 was, and honestly after replaying D2. I can see the diference and ambientiation, even if D2 has outated graphics is still an amazing game. I don't see myself playing this game over and over as D2. I got my monk till level 60 and rerolling other char on D3 doesn't seem fun for me. why rerolling just to see the same crappy story over and over and over? at least on D2 the story was great and you could enjoy it. Now is just an "esc" fest on every cutscene and event. At least i got my good hours of fun out of it. still hoping some patch or expansion would fix this, but this game is a failure from scratch, it should be redesigned at wiped out and rerolled again.
    seriously cain dying to a demon fairy, with demon powder? come on... Very dissapointed. 1 point just because i actually had fun for a while, then i got bored.
  71. Jun 15, 2012
    After finally able to play leveling a monk to 30 and a wizard to 60, experienced inferno up to act 2. I can tell you what I felt is wrong with this game. While I have played diablo 1 and 2, I harbored no lingering nostalgia or yearn for an upgraded version of the predecessors, I only wanted an entertaining and fun game. Diablo 3 failed in that respect, It's just not fun or entertainingAfter finally able to play leveling a monk to 30 and a wizard to 60, experienced inferno up to act 2. I can tell you what I felt is wrong with this game. While I have played diablo 1 and 2, I harbored no lingering nostalgia or yearn for an upgraded version of the predecessors, I only wanted an entertaining and fun game. Diablo 3 failed in that respect, It's just not fun or entertaining enough to warren multiple play through.

One of the most glaring problem is that this game feel unfinished and I felt like I was a beta tester. It seems that nothing in this game is set in stone and you're investing time and literally money if you use the real money auction house in a very uncertain environment. Whenever the player find ways to make progress, blizzard will change things in the game to bar the players from making progress, this range from changing skills down to the gears that you payed for. Yes, what you buy today may not be what it is tomorrow.

Changes are good most of the time, but blizzard seems to only change things that are favorable to themselves and not the players, it seems that their whole design and patching mentality revolves around their auction house. It's like making the auction house work is more important to them than making the game more enjoyable. There are a lot of useless skills on each class but they makes no attempts to change it for the better, not even hinting they will change them. However one skill that players found were useful and having an easy time with it, they hotfix it before we can blink. Another solution would be to give all classes useful builds, but I guess it's easier to make one useful skill in one class useless.

It seems that blizzard is just working against the players instead of for them or with them. I highly recommend to just skip this game. You missed nothing, it's not revolutionary, it's not even evolutionary.
  72. Jun 20, 2012
    Activision must have paid a fortune in bribes to get such good industry reviews. However, the user reviews tell the true story. This is a dumbed down, money making exercise that spectacularly fails to fire at any stage of the game. It looks and feels more like World of Warcraft than part of the Diablo franchise. The auction house ruins any feeling of progress, instead it is just aActivision must have paid a fortune in bribes to get such good industry reviews. However, the user reviews tell the true story. This is a dumbed down, money making exercise that spectacularly fails to fire at any stage of the game. It looks and feels more like World of Warcraft than part of the Diablo franchise. The auction house ruins any feeling of progress, instead it is just a cycle of "gear check", "kill things", "sell loot for money", "visit auction house". I have played for ~150 hours and have had only one legendary item drop so far and that item was pretty much worthless. The cinematics (usually a strong point for Blizzard) are boring and the dialogue, cut scenes, plot and voice acting are pretty much the worst I have ever seen in a game.

The gameplay and lack of freedom are the real killer though. So you wander around the (not so) random environment killing mobs by inclining your weapon in their general direction and then you are suddenly jumped on by something golden that hits you from off screen and kills you in one shot. Even worse you can't do any damage back as it is invulnerable or shielded, etc. This is not fun. Being forced to kill elite packs is not fun. Making the least fun part of the game the main driver once you hit level 60 is just a vain attempt to make something totally unenjoyable seem more rewarding - it doesn't work.

In summary playing DIII feels like someone is playing a mean joke on you and that at some point a crowd of people will jump up and shout, "fooled you"... then you get to play the "real" game... I am still waiting for this though :'(
  73. Jun 20, 2012
    This game is getting worse week by week as they "patch" things that take away the fun. Basically anything you find good about the game now, next week they'll be gone.
  74. Jun 21, 2012
    This is a complete joke, and the first real failure of blizzard, dont fall for the trap, this game is not worth a penny! i hope they will do something to up thier game creation, and take action against those noobs creating and makeing decisions on this game, because they failed badly, and i feel so stupid for buying this game...

Lame Always online system- **** item/drop systems- Half

Lame Always online system-
    **** item/drop systems-
    Half finished game-
    Stupid casual ingame settings
    Easy to figure game history and ending, even from the start. just stupid.
    Boring endgame grindfest.
    General chat / Trade chat already FULL with chinise spammers. blizzard do nothing.
    and much much more negative **** dont cheat yourself. dont buy it.
  75. Jun 21, 2012
    When a game just isn't fun, it deserves a 0. I'd write a full review, but then I'd be putting more effort into the review than Blizzard did into Diablo 3.
  76. Jun 28, 2012
    Game is absolute trash that boils down to an extremely shoddy product with so many flaws and problems its just not worth playing it. Every single aspect is utter **** Name anything aspect of gaming that is bad and Diablo 3 has it. The whole game is a waste of time faceroll easy until act 2 inferno where they try to force everyone to go to RMAH so blizzard can make money. Its not a matterGame is absolute trash that boils down to an extremely shoddy product with so many flaws and problems its just not worth playing it. Every single aspect is utter **** Name anything aspect of gaming that is bad and Diablo 3 has it. The whole game is a waste of time faceroll easy until act 2 inferno where they try to force everyone to go to RMAH so blizzard can make money. Its not a matter of gaming skill, its just literally goes from something a retarded monkey could do to something that 99% of the gaming population can't. Im in the 1% and I made profit off this game but it doesnt mean the game isn't trash not worthy of what Blizzard was. Also if you post anything that isnt positive about Diablo 3 they ban your account from their forums, I thought only EA did that!

Blizzard is becoming EA... I hope my starcraft is safe...

DO NOT BUY YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
  77. Jul 1, 2012
    It was fun for the first few weeks but just kinda lost interest, gfx are meh, story is predictable, the must have a Internet connection is a pain in the ass.
  78. Jul 2, 2012
    Forget the "servers down" bllsht. It forbided unlogged single player, period.
    Childish story with no suspence at all. No random maps as blizzard said. Too cartoonish with few moments of decent gore and dark atmosphere. Auction House is a obligation to advance in game. PvP not available. Elites are harder then bosses. Bestiary should be doubled. wtf is a nephalm ? and finally...
    65 direct
    Forget the "servers down" bllsht. It forbided unlogged single player, period.
    65 direct hired people, according to wiki, during 6 years to do this ?
  79. Jul 2, 2012
    Disappointing pretty much sums the game up. The graphics are outstanding, as usual for a Blizzard game, but in every other way I can think of this game is inferior to Diablo 2. The game is extremely short and has very little replay value. The skills system and item diversity are nowhere near as enjoyable as its predecessor. Also, since they made the game online-only, what happens whenDisappointing pretty much sums the game up. The graphics are outstanding, as usual for a Blizzard game, but in every other way I can think of this game is inferior to Diablo 2. The game is extremely short and has very little replay value. The skills system and item diversity are nowhere near as enjoyable as its predecessor. Also, since they made the game online-only, what happens when Blizzard decides to stop supporting the game down the road? Expand
  80. Jul 4, 2012
    Being genuinely entertaining for post-work hour or couple of hours clicking on monsters. After first playthrough I thought I may as well pay my sub to WoW or Rift and at least have more diversified clicking.
  81. Jul 4, 2012
    Honestly, I really wanted to love this game, but shelved it after about 20 hours ingame and never played it again since May 2012. Not because of its login problems in the weeks following its launch, balancing and item drop rate issues or the lack of PVP. Not even because Diablo 3 somehow looks (and plays) like WoW in an isometric perspective. And even the fact that the auction house seemedHonestly, I really wanted to love this game, but shelved it after about 20 hours ingame and never played it again since May 2012. Not because of its login problems in the weeks following its launch, balancing and item drop rate issues or the lack of PVP. Not even because Diablo 3 somehow looks (and plays) like WoW in an isometric perspective. And even the fact that the auction house seemed to become way too important (pay2win) didn't bother me - I simply decided not to use it.

I shelved Diablo 3 because of something far worse: The poor gameplay design. Diablo 3 is not a good game in terms of gameplay, not even a mediocre one, it's bad. It lacks motivation, passion, soul, dedication, identification and innovation. It also misses something that makes it stand out, something unique that makes you want to play it - something that keeps you going.

Of course, the artstyle (graphics, animations, models, cgi and sound) is well done, but the game world - altough well designed - feels too mingy, you never really get "the big picture" of how vast and epic this world actually is. Even worse, there's war and betrayal going on in the world of Sanctuary - and I didn't care, although I wanted to. The game feels soulless, dead and shallow. In the end, I had to ask myself "Why am I playing this?" and sadly, there was no answer. There's something wrong with the core of this game.

I'm sorry to say that, Blizzard, but I couldn't identify myself with the game characters, and sadly, i also felt no empathy with their stories (I know, it's a Hack-n-Slay, but we're talking about Blizzard here - they always had a strong focus on good storytelling). The gameplay lacks almost everything which made the Diablo franchise so engaging and exciting; e.g. the skill system has been dumbed down way too much. Of course, there are runes, but they NEVER should have completely replaced Diablo 2's skill system! As a result, the Diablo 3 gameplay feels bland, repetitive and way too casual: In Diablo 2, you really had to think about what you were doing, but in Diablo 3, this is not the case - and maybe that's why the game feels generic.

Blizzard made game design choices which - from my point of view - turned out to be completely wrong. They should have been more focused on the development of Diablo 3 instead of putting out one WoW addon after another. I really feel bad about giving the game a 4/10, but that's what it deserves from my point of view.
  82. Jul 9, 2012
    This game will keep you entertained for about 12-20 hours or after you beat the campaign on normal. When I first completed normal, I did not get any legendary or set items which was confusing, but I pressed on. Then nightmare mode, still nothing, no decent loot. I thought to myself "there will be better loot soon, I just know it". Still nothing while doing hell mode, at this point I wasThis game will keep you entertained for about 12-20 hours or after you beat the campaign on normal. When I first completed normal, I did not get any legendary or set items which was confusing, but I pressed on. Then nightmare mode, still nothing, no decent loot. I thought to myself "there will be better loot soon, I just know it". Still nothing while doing hell mode, at this point I was very frustrated, because I honestly wanted to play D3 for the loot. Finally in inferno mode I received one legendary after 80 hours of game play, and it was terrible. This confused me and I then realized after playing a little longer that this game is not going to give me the loot I desired and craved from past Diablo games. In summary if you are going to buy / play this game for hopes of progressing through the harder modes and finding legendary loot to make you feel powerful. This will not happen for you, rather you will fill disappointed and unsatisfied after long countless hours hoping for something fun and exciting to drop. If you want to play this game just to have a good time, I'm not sure the price tag can justify the fun you will have in this game. Expand
  83. Jul 17, 2012
    After playing Diablo 3 for several months heres my (somewhat biased, hey its blizz after all, who CAN remain neutral :)) review:

Gameplay: Unlike in earlier entries in the series you dont spend skill and stat points after leveling up, but gain some stats on a level up and obtain certain skills at a predetermined level (much like WoW... more on that later). This leaves you at level 60

Gameplay:

Unlike in earlier entries in the series you dont spend skill and stat points after leveling up, but gain some stats on a level up and obtain certain skills at a predetermined level (much like WoW... more on that later). This leaves you at level 60 with a great plethora of skills which can be further customized by adding certain runes to them (which also automatically unlock by leveling up).
    As much as is love the possibility to change your skills whenever and wherever you like, there is one major drawback in the actuall "endgame" (playing inferno act 3+). There is the vast choice on how to set up your skills, but on the other hand engame is currently punishing enough for you to not stray too far away from the 2-3 existing cookie cutter builds. (The last patch which highered repairing costs also made it a lot less appealing to "try" something out).
    The Combat itself however is as fun as always and seeing a horde of Fallen explode over half the screen with a massive crit still feels very satisfacory.

Itemization:

Yeah.... you may have hear/read alot by now about this one. Im not a big fan about the current itemization either.
    Usefull loot is a lot harder to come by this time around and close to impossible if your trying to play completely solo without the use of the AH. Why? Uniques this time do more often than not have random properties, which may not sound bad, if you factor in the viability for different classes. However, since even set items can have useless stat combinations on them and are not even competitive with items with the same iLV (ESPECIALLY Weapons), you really begin to wonder why blizzard even bothered adding them to the game.... it certainly doesnt feel as epic or rewarding if you happen to find a unique this time around, since they do NOT have unique traits like in D2, apart from being able to have stats on them which normally couldnt be on that particular slot (movement speed on breastplate for example). This wouldnt be so bad if there werent other ways to get viable items this time around. However, the possibilty to craft an item with to a degree predetermined stats (Horadrim Cube) has been replaced with gheed.... i mean a smith who is not only expensive but also will craft you totally random items which more than often tend to be rather useless. Even the popular runes from D2 with which you could craft specific items out of socketed items didnt make it into D3. Oh, did i mention there are only 4 gems instead of 7 in D2 now?

Story:

Yes, D3 features a story.... but not a good one. Where do i start....
    Remember the great evil speeches of Diablo and co. in earlier entries? No? Well, me neither, because there werent any. However, seeing how D3 tried to change this, i wish they hadn't. It certainly does feel like a sunday cartoon, when Diablo is telling me exactly where i should strike, boasting how i will never be able to win jadajada, and soon after tries to diminish my sucess by stating that it didnt matter after all if i closed hells gate etc... Even the mainplot isnt that great to begin with, since it is predictable (Act 2 !) and without a clear narrative.
    Saddly, the more interesting stories this time are reserved for your companions and especially to one crafter named shen.
    A cool addition this time are the varying (but only presented via speech) cutscenes which change depending on your class.

Music

Not much to say about this one, some tracks from act 1 sound quite nice, especially the towntheme. Apart from that, there isnt that much memorable music. Especially the boss battle themes are.... lets say lacking.
  84. Jul 19, 2012
    They totally destroyed the diablo franchise!! I was so hyped and really gave it a go... Was waiting for patches to fix the game, but it only got worse.. Especially when RMAH was introduced- pay to win.. No way!! My friend list was booming with people playing the first weeks, now nobody out of the about 20-25 ppl play it! Stop making games so kid friendly! Wish I could give you lower than a 0!
  85. Jul 19, 2012
    It started off ok. Ok ish graphics, quite fun. Like the old one but modern. Then it started to go wrong. It is such a short game. REALLY short. SO I completed it, then the next level, then the next level. SO far I played the game through three times. And my reward is to play an ultra hard level. But it's so hard you need awesome equipment that you can only get by grinding. The game is aIt started off ok. Ok ish graphics, quite fun. Like the old one but modern. Then it started to go wrong. It is such a short game. REALLY short. SO I completed it, then the next level, then the next level. SO far I played the game through three times. And my reward is to play an ultra hard level. But it's so hard you need awesome equipment that you can only get by grinding. The game is a mega grindathon. And lets be honest, grinding is boring. You need better gear, so you grind to get it to allow you to grind faster which allows you to get a better item so you grinding further improves. There really isn't a place for a short game with no end in the world. We don't need it. I finally turned it off and went back to WoW. Expand
  86. Jul 21, 2012
    avarage story and avarage graphics. A way too brief game for it's price. It's not even worth half the money. I mean, i won this so quickly, it felt like a joke to play it. I personally do not recommend the game to anybody, unless you can get it for free. I said to my friend, don't buy this, he tried mine through normal and he couldn't agree more. Blizzard needs to freshen up a bit. It'savarage story and avarage graphics. A way too brief game for it's price. It's not even worth half the money. I mean, i won this so quickly, it felt like a joke to play it. I personally do not recommend the game to anybody, unless you can get it for free. I said to my friend, don't buy this, he tried mine through normal and he couldn't agree more. Blizzard needs to freshen up a bit. It's getting old. Expand
  87. Jul 23, 2012
    Okay, this game is just AWFUL. And this is coming from someone who spent over 100 hours on it and beat the game on Inferno with my Wizard so I've given the game more than its fair chance. The first couple of times of beating the game are very fun, especially with friends, I will hand it to Blizzard. The art is nice, the music is not bad, and the environments are somewhat interesting. ThenOkay, this game is just AWFUL. And this is coming from someone who spent over 100 hours on it and beat the game on Inferno with my Wizard so I've given the game more than its fair chance. The first couple of times of beating the game are very fun, especially with friends, I will hand it to Blizzard. The art is nice, the music is not bad, and the environments are somewhat interesting. Then you reach the brick wall that is known as Inferno (the hardest difficulty) and you realize what Blizzard has been planning all along.

The mobs in Inferno suddenly become godlike and all your gear becomes instantly obsolete. Elites and even regular mobs will kick your ass unless you upgrade your very quickly. To make matters worse the game PUNISHES YOU for playing co-op on Inferno, the already disgustingly difficult mobs become near godly and unless you and your friends are supremely geared it's going to be an excruciating exercise in futility. Problem is that 95% of the loot you get in Inferno is literally garbage, so bad that even the NPC vendors will be reluctant to accept them. Magic find increases the chances of getting yellow items, but chances are they are still crap. There are far too many possible attributes during item rolls, so as a result you will almost always get items which make no sense whatsoever (example: Wizard hat with Strength, or Barbarian sword with Intelligence, etc.) and weapons in Act 4 of Inferno with 200 DPS. It's infuriating. It is so bad that when I killed Diablo on Inferno he dropped only blues, and not just any blues but TERRIBLE blues, stuff so bad you wouldn't even use it on Hell difficulty.

So you're thinking to yourself, WHY WHY WHY would they do this?! Why make the mobs so difficult and the gear so bad?!?!

WELL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE REACH THE GOAL OF BLIZZARD'S GAME DESIGN IN DIABLO 3: THE REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE!!!

As stated Inferno is so ridiculously difficult and the loot generally so bad that the ONLY WAY to progress is to use the Auction House. I only managed to beat the game by bidding low gold on items and shopping intelligently, but it took wayyyy longer than it should have. Not only this, I was BASICALLY FORCED TO USE THE AUCTION HOUSE TO BEAT THE GAME. Trust me this isn't just unique to me because I suck, 90% of my friends gave up at Inferno Act 1, those that stayed have had no choice but to use the Auction House as well. The game isn't skill dependent, it is only gear based.

PROBLEM IS that the gold prices of items have flown through the roof due to inflation, botters, and exploiters. So expect to see any half decent weapon for at least 10 million gold, which is no small amount of money. So a lot of people have resorted to using the Real Money Auction House and it's absolute chaos. I've seen people spending over $500 (yes real cash) on a SINGLE ITEM, a virtual item folks that will probably be obsolete in the next patch or expansion. I personally don't believe in spending real money on video game items (especially absurd amounts like stated above) but to each his own. -----

So I really can't help but feel like the entire game was designed to revolve around the Real Money Auction House. The difficulty is absurd at inferno, many of the bosses are basically gear-checks (can only be beaten with certain amounts of DPS) and the loot is so bad that you have no choice but to use the Auction House.

This game is a money grab, it's pay to win, and I'm not sticking around for when they implement Player vs. Player where it's going to be the battle of the credit cards.

I will admit that I got more than my money's worth and it was fun at times, but this franchise has been ruined and this is by FAR the worst Blizzard game I have ever played. I will not remember this fondly like I do Diablo 2 or the Starcraft Series.

SHAME ON YOU BLIZZARD, THIS GAME IS A SCAM

88. Jul 27, 2012
    Apart from always_need_to_be_online issue which is universally known. The game is lack of content, just 15hr of playthrough and nothing surprise in any way. Gameplay had little to no innovation. Auction House made silly gameplay even more silly. I wonder how their spent 12 years to made crap games like this. The price is ridiculous high and Hey ! I don't like it but I don't have the rightApart from always_need_to_be_online issue which is universally known. The game is lack of content, just 15hr of playthrough and nothing surprise in any way. Gameplay had little to no innovation. Auction House made silly gameplay even more silly. I wonder how their spent 12 years to made crap games like this. The price is ridiculous high and Hey ! I don't like it but I don't have the right to sell it at all ! ! not even at 1$. Probably the worst Blizzard product ever. Stay away. Expand
  89. Jul 31, 2012
    I give this a 4 points score. Why ?
    1) The story is toooooo obvious.
    2) The technical issues, (error 37, disconnection in European Realms, lag, stuttering because hard drive trouble) are too numerous. I have the feeling to play in a beta test stage. 3) Then, permanent connection requirement, drop rate stupid, and looting table are just not balanced for that kind of game. EVERYTHING is
    I give this a 4 points score. Why ?
    1) The story is toooooo obvious.
    3) Then, permanent connection requirement, drop rate stupid, and looting table are just not balanced for that kind of game. EVERYTHING is designed to use the AH ... This is ruining the game in my opinion.

I have tried to rise 5 kind of characters. 3 of them are already 60 capped. My main feeling is that i am looting things this is needed for a class when i am using an opposite one. Once again, this is frustrating.

I am truly disappointed by Blizzard choices, and in the future i will consider their next games with a lot of care before buy or not it. To my eye, Blizzard is no more a good game maker. Just a business company with the following goal : make sure that people is addicted and make the maximum profit thanks to that kind of players.
  90. Aug 1, 2012
    I gave them a score of 1.
    and that just because of the graphics and smooth action/walking part.
    the rest sucks big time in this game. i do not recommend it to anybody. they just want to fill their pockets with money. blizzard agreed with activision and turned to greed over fun. this comes from a 15 year long EX blizzard fan who played every single blizzard game untill now. I'm is
    I gave them a score of 1.
    and that just because of the graphics and smooth action/walking part.

blizzard agreed with activision and turned to greed over fun.

I'm is realy dissapoined how they destroyed the legacy by giving us this HALF completed dumbed down game.

i repeat: YOUR NOT SMART IF YOU BUY IT!!!
    if you like repeating the same 5 inches of the game for 10000 hours, have fun.
  91. Aug 6, 2012
    Total disappointment. I was expecting a quality game from Blizzard.
    Total disappointment. I was expecting a quality game from Blizzard.
    The game-play is incredibly boring and dull. Graphics are outdated and un-innovative, gameplay is tedious, the storyline is ridiculously bad and way too short and the character classes simply suck. You cannot modify you characters so apart from their armor they all look the same. The character mechanism have been retooled to the point of irrelevance. Blizzard had eight years to master one of the most anticipated games of all time. But there really is no improvements, and the game-play is cliché: you keep clicking hordes of demons, loot them and gain experience. I know that this is the basic mechanism of RPG's and the original Diablos, but it's just getting old.
  92. Aug 17, 2012
    the ridiculously overpowered monster packs and elites, mean you are forced to play with others, which are most the time clueless under geared noobs that make playing a nightmare. The lucky few who have dedicated friends and play in organised groups probably enjoy the game enormously. Unfortunately none of my friends decided to play which meant that I never managed to enjoy the game, a partthe ridiculously overpowered monster packs and elites, mean you are forced to play with others, which are most the time clueless under geared noobs that make playing a nightmare. The lucky few who have dedicated friends and play in organised groups probably enjoy the game enormously. Unfortunately none of my friends decided to play which meant that I never managed to enjoy the game, a part of which contributes to me being envious and ultimately the expression of this review. However that could have been avoided should blizzard have decided to make the whole game doable for solo players, which is probably not very difficult from a designers point of view. They just have to scale the monster abilities accordingly.
    From the start the game put me on the USA servers without any confirmation of questions. This was due to the fact that I had played the beta, which was on USA servers and I hadn't switched the account back after buying the game, so after my char was lvl 47, I found out I was on the wrong server, and refused to remake my char. I am therefore unable to use the real money auction house, which is one of the biggest selling points of D3. Blizzard still hasn't done anything about this problem which has been in shock, and I refused to play another 100 odd hours to get to where I am now.
    The always on connection requirement adds to this problem. My connection constantly lags and disconnects. I have had to kill countless monsters twice or even three times. Sure I understand that you want to provide a safe and secure and uncrackable system, but to stretch this to an extent where the regular players must update every move they make onto an extremely laggy server is beyond all explanation. Even if it is stable nowadays, there are still problems like when your computer crashes, and you find yourself in the middle of a massive monster pack at the front of the entrance immediately after you log back in. That's right you have been successfully farming with your friends, you dc'ed and they all died and kept dying and now noone can get away because there's a ridiculous waller / fast / arcane minion pack that one shots everyone. now you have to remake and go without any of your nephalem valors from scratch.
    This game is crap in ways that boil my very bones. I played wow for such a long time, and every patch all my efforts were completely pointless, it was as though I was a noob once again. I vow to never buy a blizzard game again.
  93. Sep 9, 2012
    Sept 9 - still a poor game. The problem is you still have to gear up from the auction house or spend real money for it. There is no end game. The drops are itemization is poor for a loot based game. They will never get rid of the constant internet connection which results in rubber banding happening in the game. These negative scores are the real scores the game should of gottenSept 9 - still a poor game. The problem is you still have to gear up from the auction house or spend real money for it. There is no end game. The drops are itemization is poor for a loot based game. They will never get rid of the constant internet connection which results in rubber banding happening in the game. These negative scores are the real scores the game should of gotten instead of the ones by these so called "critics" that gave it an 88. Expand
  94. Sep 13, 2012
    Thx Blizzard for ruining my favorite franchise. No offline play, no PvP, horribly short campaign and difficulty scaling that was not properly beta tested.

Good thing Guild Wars 2 is out now. D3 = Uninstalled.
  95. Sep 20, 2012
    Everything that make Diablo and Diablo 2:LOD fun was removed from Diablo 3. This is essentially a front end for the Real Money Auction House. Don't bother with this crap title. All the reviewers who gave it anything about a 70 were probably paid for their opinion.
  96. Sep 21, 2012
    I really tried to like this game but when it comes down to it the devs tried to make their version of Diablo that fails in content, creativity and in listening to the community. Furthermore, if they don't like how the game is going they will change something in a quick fix with out telling the customer what they are changing and why. The game they released is practically a beta stillI really tried to like this game but when it comes down to it the devs tried to make their version of Diablo that fails in content, creativity and in listening to the community. Furthermore, if they don't like how the game is going they will change something in a quick fix with out telling the customer what they are changing and why. The game they released is practically a beta still since they are having to balance this, fix that, remove this and that which was thought to improve. Expand
  97. Sep 22, 2012
    The more you put into a game, the more rewarded you should feel. Right? Not in Diablo 3...The game makes me feel like the more I put into it, the more punished I feel. Also, it is hard to get past the poor design and story, lackluster abilities, and that world of warcraft touch that shouldn't be overlapping into a Diablo game. I will be very hesitant and cautious when it comes to newThe more you put into a game, the more rewarded you should feel. Right? Not in Diablo 3...The game makes me feel like the more I put into it, the more punished I feel. Also, it is hard to get past the poor design and story, lackluster abilities, and that world of warcraft touch that shouldn't be overlapping into a Diablo game. I will be very hesitant and cautious when it comes to new titles from the company. Expand
  98. Sep 23, 2012
    Looks nice, plays like poop Avoid like the plauge. If you insist on playing it, at least play the free trial first so you can find out what a disappointment it is.
  99. Sep 24, 2012
    People who like juice boxes, being told what to do, who have no self respect, and enjoy products that break all the time for no reason will love this game. Please, buy it, support Blizzard and their mentality that you are lucky to play this **** game.
  100. Oct 9, 2012
    I cannot find anything good to say about this game. I wanted to like it, but it has no lasting end game. I played D2 for 11 years. D3 = 1 month. Too much hype; an insanely long development time that shows nothing other than perhaps legal issues regarding the auction house. Very poor story. I cannot fathom an expansion based on the ending. I prefer having the ability to make customI cannot find anything good to say about this game. I wanted to like it, but it has no lasting end game. I played D2 for 11 years. D3 = 1 month. Too much hype; an insanely long development time that shows nothing other than perhaps legal issues regarding the auction house. Very poor story. I cannot fathom an expansion based on the ending. I prefer having the ability to make custom games not the auto-assigning. Inferno prior to the latest patch as of this writing was as a friend called it, "utterly ridiculous and a cheap gimmick" and stopped upon completing Hell difficulty. I persisted, but it was not until I found richer friends who could use the auction house could I progress past Act 2. I have a long list of friends who I played with (and I started on launch weeping through error 37), and none of them have logged in for over a month now. Most went back to WoW or some other game. I recently started playing D2 and Torchlight II; I can live without awesome graphics.

All I care about are things like end game, replay-ability, more diversity, less grinding, and an attempt by a company to maximize the development time listening to the community.

I get it. I'm a veteran and my eyes are clouded by nostalgia. Still, I put in my time. I tried all classes. Tried Hardcore. It doesn't work. I don't think the game can be patched to fix the issues. It was a colossal mistake from all angles. I don't care about SP. That bothers older players, but I didn't play D2 for the single player. The critics obviously did not play the game; they need to actually play these games before reviewing. I mean there is something seriously wrong with such a massive disparity 3.7 vs 88? Personally, I wish I never bought the game. I really thought it was going to be keeping me up night after night for months. I got into the beta, and I thought it was just a random area for us to test. In no way did I find elements of the teaser gameplay released in 2008 that was 10x better than what I was given.

All in all, do yourself a favor and play anything else or if you really want to play wait until it is on sale or a certain man in charge of this game gets fired for making abusive remarks and/or the company gets off the high horse and goes back to its garage days where it has to think about the gamers and not instant profit, residual income, and other gimmicks that failed to keep me and lots of others away. Yes, that was a run-on. Terrible....so terrible.

I give it a 1 out of 10. Nothing can save this franchise. SC2 has more hope. Warcraft will always be their baby. I got that much out of the 20 year anniversary they posted on the website. 75% Warcraft, 20% Starcraft, 5% (barely a mentioning) Diablo. Fin.

1. Aug 31, 2012