Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great dungeon crawler to be remembered. The abilities are scripted throughout the levels to keep the game challenging so you wont auto-unlock the best abilities. Every character has 24 abilities, with 4 for each slot, and each ability has 5 different effects/types through a rune system that is also scripted in leveling up. Many have an issue with this and believe the game hasDiablo 3 is a great dungeon crawler to be remembered. The abilities are scripted throughout the levels to keep the game challenging so you wont auto-unlock the best abilities. Every character has 24 abilities, with 4 for each slot, and each ability has 5 different effects/types through a rune system that is also scripted in leveling up. Many have an issue with this and believe the game has no customization. There are still passives to choose from and PLENTY of items to find or even make. The real thing people are overlooking is the gameplay. They complain about less customization, and even more aggravating to give a game a bad review for, the day one servers (which will never be good on day one). The singleplayer/online is only a minor flaw, which to blizzard is protecting the game from torrents. What is the true gem here, is the gameplay! Truly PHENOMENAL gameplay that most are too arrogant to realize. TL;DR great abilities, gameplay, and plenty of customization Expand
  2. May 16, 2012
    TO BE FAIR: I have only played this game for about 10 hours so far. However, I have been consistently frustrated by the over-simplified mechanics of the game-play experience. The skill system is a very flawed construct when compared to other titles, including this game's direct predecessor. I receive many arguments from fans stating that Blizzard aimed for simplification to allow aTO BE FAIR: I have only played this game for about 10 hours so far. However, I have been consistently frustrated by the over-simplified mechanics of the game-play experience. The skill system is a very flawed construct when compared to other titles, including this game's direct predecessor. I receive many arguments from fans stating that Blizzard aimed for simplification to allow a wider diversity of players to enjoy the game. I don't accept this. If you look at recently-release titles such as Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and even Modern Warfare 3, all skill-learning and upgrade systems allow much more freedom of customization of the players character/s and (despite some issues with Skyrim's UI ease-of-use) the games are extremely enjoyable by an extremely wide range of players.

Another frustration to consider is the side-effects this being network-dependent... Such a side-effect I seem to suffer from repeatedly is server lag in a single player game... Think about that. I've had moments during solo-play where my character jumps around the map, counter-strike-style, when my connection to the server suffered. On a positive note, the improvements in the audio/visual realm are very much appreciated, but it's nothing impressive when compared to the majority of titles on the market.

Overall, despite being a relatively short distance into the game, I feel that Blizzard has made some shocking mistakes with the design of the game-play mechanics, and their choice with making this an exclusively network-dependent game. I sincerely hope that Blizzard listens to it's customers complaints and releases some significant improvements to the game.
  3. May 16, 2012
    Wonderful game ! Long time expected and finally here ! Great fun ! Just some traffic jam at the authentication server but the game worths the wait !

The universe is still great, the lore has been renewed... Enjoy !
  4. May 16, 2012
    Note: Keep in mind that this is coming from a person who has only gotten around halfway through act 2. I'll also say this right now, I think a lot of the negativity surrounding this game has less to do about the actual game than people would like you to believe. A lot of people, myself included, have been upset about the immense amount of downtime on the Diablo 3 servers. This has leftNote: Keep in mind that this is coming from a person who has only gotten around halfway through act 2. I'll also say this right now, I think a lot of the negativity surrounding this game has less to do about the actual game than people would like you to believe. A lot of people, myself included, have been upset about the immense amount of downtime on the Diablo 3 servers. This has left a lot of people very frustrated, and I believe a lot of that frustration at the servers turn into very negative, and in my own opinion inaccurate, reviews for the game itself.

Character customization - very good, once you get to higher levels. While you lack the skill and attribute points used to customize your characters like in the previous games, you instead get runes to customize your skills, and powerful passive skills as well. Gemming is also still around, but only available after you've beaten act 1. While you won't spend nearly as much time customizing your character, the runes you select for your skills, along with the 6 skills you decide to use, have a large impact on your gaming experience, and allow your character to play the way you'd like to. Want to stunlock enemies into nonexistence? Go for all the stunning runes for your abilities. Want to become amazingly tanky? Barbarians can spec in a way to receive a lot of self heals, and damage reduction.

Difficulty - Playing through normal mode so far (on act 2) and its been pretty easy so far. However, it does get a lot harder on coop mode. Not to mention, I've heard of people on inferno difficulty already (yes, not even 2 days after the game came out). However, at that difficulty level a LOT of people are having problems, even after level capping (the level cap is currently set at 60). Overall, it seems like they undertuned the game a bit, as act 1 was very very easy to beat, even with the server lag that we all experienced on day 1.

Story line - The story line was probably the most disappointing aspect of the game thus far. The plot is fairly linear, and if you've played through Diablo 1 and 2 then the identity of the stranger in act 1 won't surprise you much. This is definitely an area that could have used more work. After act 1, the story does pick up a bit, but even at that point its not exceptional.

Game play - If you enjoy fast paced, chaotic action, this game definitely delivers. Combat is mostly very fluid, but there are a few clunky mechanics. Since I play the barbarian class, and haven't tested out the other classes, I'll only talk about him. Your Leap ability doesn't always work the way one would like, sometimes it hits some of the terrain and won't keep going, instead you'll drop a few feet from where you originally planned to land. You also can't leap up edges, which while making sense gameplay wise (as you'd be able to skip through content much faster) it doesn't look right with the animation. You CAN however sometimes use your grappling throw ability on enemies on a ledge higher than you. Whether this is intentional or not I have yet to determine, as the skill doesn't always want to go over the ledge. As I talked about earlier, the difficulty level of the game does need some work, so I'd definitely recommend that you find some friends to play with, as the game gets a little bit harder with more people. While I do say a lot of negative things about the gameplay, these are all mostly minor issues.

PVP - While there is no world PVP, there will be an arena style PVP system. While some people are complaining about this, I feel this is an awesome change. Since the beginning of the Diablo series, people who wanted to PVP were left with very few options. You could either duel, or participate in world PVP. World PVP was always a risk, as in the old games you dropped your items when you died. This new PVP system allows for those who hate PVP to not have to take a part in it, and for the hardcore PVPer's out there (I am one of them) it will promote a more competitive atmosphere. While arena's haven't been released yet, Blizzard has let us know quite a bit about them. While I won't go into detail how they work as you can just look that up yourself, I will say that there will be a matchmaking system in place to match up teams of approximately the same skill level to fight against each other.

Since I'm running out of room, I'll just end my review with a quick talk about the server issues people have been complaining about. I am 100% in agreement with people about how Blizzard mishandled their launch. However, since day 1 of the game should determine how I permanently rate the game, I didn't include this in my scoring of the game. Yes, it really sucked, but anyone who reads this review after day 1 will never run across the server issues we did, and if I talked exclusively about it it would render my review completely unhelpful.
  5. May 16, 2012
    I am still in the process of playing the game, and I would say I am about half way through. Generally I think that Blizzard did an excellent job. The game reclaims the original "feeling" of it's older counterparts such as Diablo II, but at the same time, puts a fresh new spin on the franchise and supports more modern day visuals. The story is very interesting, as are the variousI am still in the process of playing the game, and I would say I am about half way through. Generally I think that Blizzard did an excellent job. The game reclaims the original "feeling" of it's older counterparts such as Diablo II, but at the same time, puts a fresh new spin on the franchise and supports more modern day visuals. The story is very interesting, as are the various environments you get to explore. The graphics look great. Sure, they aren't the best, but not everyone has a top-of-the-line graphics card, and many people don't even have one that will support the game despite it's already low requirements. I think in modern days people are spoiled. They think that just because a game comes out after another, that means it has to look better.

Not to mention that many of these people are giving a rating of "O" just because of server issues within the first few days of launch, and that is nothing but immature. Do you rate a movie as bad if you can't get in the theatre to see it because the tickets are sold out? Why don't you base your rating on actual gameplay, instead of having a temper tantrum like a 5 year old?

And as for the online only requirement, how many of you actually played Diablo 2 and bothered playing offline? Not many, I bet. All these childish reviews are going to look dumb in the coming months, and you have no idea how immature it looks.
  6. May 16, 2012
    Great game. Should allow offline play, like StarCraft 2 though. But other than that, its nice! One more thing.. char customization is also something that should be available!
  7. May 16, 2012
    First of all, sorry for the baaaad english. So, maybe I'll be crucified for I'll say or that hasn't played the Old fashioned D1 and D2, but I've played. I guess that most of the people is just being too rush by the fact that the game is different and didn't matched with the expectations. I've to say that I feel almost the same... it really is different. D1 and D2 makes your shiver (orFirst of all, sorry for the baaaad english. So, maybe I'll be crucified for I'll say or that hasn't played the Old fashioned D1 and D2, but I've played. I guess that most of the people is just being too rush by the fact that the game is different and didn't matched with the expectations. I've to say that I feel almost the same... it really is different. D1 and D2 makes your shiver (or goose bumps, I don't know which is correct) with the sound, graphics, creatures, blood, scenario, story and all the rest. Even today at my 22 years I still can't play it without feeling weird. D3 can't be compared to that looking at this direction, that's true, but I think you can't just say that a game is bad just because of that. It have it's flaws like some has said, the loss of singularity at you character, in the end everyone will looks like the same (I hope not, I'm at the beginning yet), the easy gameplay but man, it's normal difficulty, has someone played it in Nightmare or Inferno mode yet? I remember I've played so focused on my sorceress in D2 that I've killed Diablo so easily that I though that was something wrong, when I've tried again later in hard difficult, he beat the "thing" out my "you-know-what" many times. Well, I don't know, if you ask me NOW what I think about D3, I would say "Well, isn't what I was waiting, but, well It's good, let's see if it can become better later." Expand
  8. May 16, 2012
    Great Game, well done Blizzard. Blizzard did an excellent job providing a new story in the Diablo world. Tons of easter eggs, battle is challanging with much better bosses than the diablo 2 game. You dont need to have played the previous games to enjoy Diablo 3 but at the same time there are lots of easter eggs regarding the past story line. I played the Witch Doctor for about 5 hoursGreat Game, well done Blizzard. Blizzard did an excellent job providing a new story in the Diablo world. Tons of easter eggs, battle is challanging with much better bosses than the diablo 2 game. You dont need to have played the previous games to enjoy Diablo 3 but at the same time there are lots of easter eggs regarding the past story line. I played the Witch Doctor for about 5 hours and only put it down due to server issues which will soon be resolved. I have been waiting a long time for this game and was not disapointed. I also found that the character customization is much simpler with the option to skill your character based on the mission at hand( changeable). Not sure why so many are ragging on this game i found it to be amazing in every aspect but the server issues which are to be expected with such a large online release. I also like that the achievements are account based rather than character based. With a random map generator it makes it possible to get them all without having to play the same character over and over. Expand
  9. May 16, 2012
    My life needs the option of off world play.

(1) - Difficulty - Beat Nightmare at least, then you may comment on the games difficulty. (2 ) - Graphics - Lower requirements equal more sales. Welcome to grown up world. When the light bulb goes on and you say you want the option of better graphics, study graphics programming. (3) - Attribute point removal - You still have the option to be
    My life needs the option of off world play.

(3) - Attribute point removal - You still have the option to be completely worthless in co-op play by putting that crossbow on your Barbarian.

(4) - No offline mode - The addition of the auction house, figure that one out.

(5) - World PVP taken out - Yes it was so fun PVPing in D2 with new hacks coming out almost every week ( hint for no offline mode )

(6) - Repetitive - Because hack and slash has come so far over the years...

(7) - Blizzard connection issues - Your first game by them in a very long time I see.

(8) - Skills - The difference between putting 11 points in skill or using a rune to improve it is... wait there really isn't one.

(9) - Customization - Maybe there will be a patch including an item you can buy to color your armor.
  10. May 16, 2012
    I'm ashamed at some of the people here!! Seriously?? With historical release issues Such as WoW -Cata haven't we come to expect issues when release time comes?? Anyways, aside from minor lag issues in my area (East coast US) Diablo3 plays smoothly, graphics are great and storyline amazing.
  11. May 16, 2012
    Great game. There were a few server errors on opening day, but those seem to be worked out now. Will definitely be playing this game for a while. Love the new classes and dungeons that change each time.
  12. May 16, 2012
    Overall the game is great!. Despite the initial log in issues I was able to log in 1 hour and 35 minutes after release time. The graphics are a amazing and rich and the environment lighting keeps me glued to the screen. The new character skill variations are really something that I could play with for hours to find a combination for every style of play. However, I was a little disappointedOverall the game is great!. Despite the initial log in issues I was able to log in 1 hour and 35 minutes after release time. The graphics are a amazing and rich and the environment lighting keeps me glued to the screen. The new character skill variations are really something that I could play with for hours to find a combination for every style of play. However, I was a little disappointed in the fact that the first two acts where more or less enviormentally similar to the Diablo II and that the attribute points where auto assigned. After I got over the fact of Act similarity and the fact that the points are basically assigned the way i would anyway I started to trully enjoy the game. After spending 12 hours playing on openning day as a casual gamer I would have to say that this game was def worth the wait and that I would really recommend it to people. Most people that gave it a low ranking due to it constant online requirment have to understand that it is done for the purpose of preventing the much hatted hackers that would try and ruin the game with map and loot hacks that have ruined my gaming experience in the past. Now back to the game and hope to see you all there Expand
  13. May 16, 2012
    This is a fantastic game with a minor bug at launch that stopped some people from getting online May15th on the American servers.
    No reason for everyone to spam down the rating on what will be rpg game of the year.
    The depth of skills and runes make a wonder symbiosis. the graphics are beautiful. and run easily on almost any PC. Best part is that the developers aren't close to being done.
    The depth of skills and runes make a wonder symbiosis.
    the graphics are beautiful. and run easily on almost any PC.
    Best part is that the developers aren't close to being done. this game will only get better. For me that will change my 9/10 to a 10/10, there is no monthly subscription to this online game. No in game ads to help off set this either.
  14. May 16, 2012
    Even though the problems that surfaced during the first hours of the game were huge for a lot of people, I think a fair review should not give them a lot of relevance. From a game life-span perspective, launch day it's a very important day, but it's a tiny percentage of the game experience for it's players.

Having said that, and focusing on the game itself, I'm very well impressed, the

Having said that, and focusing on the game itself, I'm very well impressed, the game is exceptionally polished, game play is super fun, the pace and difficulty is extremely well tuned (being a "regular" player you get to almost dead a lot of times, but always feel you can overcome it if played correctly).
  15. May 16, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game. Sure the player build is structured and you cant distribute talent points anymore, but that is a small issue. The game play of the game is still very engaging and alot of fun to do with friends. Being able to have multiple abilities is an amazing step forward from D2. The idea that you can only do 2 things at once is a dated system. When was the last time youI really enjoyed this game. Sure the player build is structured and you cant distribute talent points anymore, but that is a small issue. The game play of the game is still very engaging and alot of fun to do with friends. Being able to have multiple abilities is an amazing step forward from D2. The idea that you can only do 2 things at once is a dated system. When was the last time you played a game where you only had 2 abilities. And i don't have any issue with having to be online the entire time. The game is more fun with friends anyway. All this being said, the game inst revolutionary, its not spectacular, but it is a solid title that will give hours of game play. I understand the people who get angry that the game is easy when they only play through it once on normal difficulty. Blizzard worked for a long time on this game and the quality of it is about what i expected. I look forward to plaything through this game with all of the characters on all of the difficulties and even some hardcore characters. Expand
  16. May 16, 2012
    Epic Game. Newbie people doing wrong review because couldnt play at 1st minute.
    I know i had some isses to play at launch game but we all knew in adv that.
    I have to congratulate Blizz Staff to dev this amazing game.
    Only negative point, why dont launch at weekend instead tuesday ?
  17. May 16, 2012
    The biggest challenge Diablo 3 has is pleasing its demanding, expecting (and biased) fan base. These user reviews are clearly disproportionately evaluating aspects of the game that they have a problem with. Diablo 3 should be evaluated on its own successes and failures, and not just how it evolves the genre. It borrows some character development mechanics from World of Warcraft inThe biggest challenge Diablo 3 has is pleasing its demanding, expecting (and biased) fan base. These user reviews are clearly disproportionately evaluating aspects of the game that they have a problem with. Diablo 3 should be evaluated on its own successes and failures, and not just how it evolves the genre. It borrows some character development mechanics from World of Warcraft in terms of character development and skill builds, which help to streamline the â Expand
  18. May 16, 2012
    Played the game yesterday with 3 friends and it's exactly what I expected from it, pure hack and slash with a straight forward story, solid mechanics and no fuss.

Graphics: The graphics are perfect given the game's settings, number of concurrent mobs that sometimes show up on your screen (your screen might get FILLED with mobs at some given events and I didn't lag with your average spec PC what so ever), the quality of all the animations is flawless for a top-down isometric view, you can tell attention to detail was given to the animation portion. My only complain could be on the character creation portion, they are indeed fugly on that screen.

Gameplay : I'm loving the new changes they brought forward, customization while not as present as in the previous one, I feel that they've put just enough to bring a certain complexity towards the various challenges the game offers. I don't feel like "unicity" is something they cared about when it came to customization and I'm fine with that, it's not a MMO and there's no need to add complexity for no reasons. Multiplayer: CO-OP. IS. A. MUST. I wouldn't even play it single player. Co-op is what makes this game fun.

Sound : No sound expert here but I think the voices match the character's style and "personality" and the music is fitting to the setting.
  19. May 16, 2012
    ...love it, better than D2 or D1 so far...love the graphics, just wish the servers would smooth out a little...I always hated the skill tree system due to the constraint of 1-2 real skills endgame...with this there are just so many ways to attack and combo...i am still in act 1 but the combination of rayoffrost/explosive bolts/wave of force is devastating...can't wait to see the later...love it, better than D2 or D1 so far...love the graphics, just wish the servers would smooth out a little...I always hated the skill tree system due to the constraint of 1-2 real skills endgame...with this there are just so many ways to attack and combo...i am still in act 1 but the combination of rayoffrost/explosive bolts/wave of force is devastating...can't wait to see the later skills/runes... Expand
  20. May 16, 2012
    As everybody i got connection problem! but, the game is perfect =), i finished the normal mode, and for me it's very ok! history, skills, everything! is very addictive game! i'm looking forward to play the PVP mode as well
  21. May 20, 2012
    It was fun until all my characters were deleted because blizzard can't manage this game. Only get this game if you like having fun for a couple hours and then raging because the data bases are gay.
  22. May 16, 2012
    Fantastic game.
    I don't normally post on any site but someone needs to balance the scores from the idiots giving 0. I have played Diablo 1/2, and I can say this game has the same addictive qualities.... Just five more minutes and before you know it hours have disappeared.
    Fantastic game.
    I played the beta open weekend and found all the classes fun to play and each played differently. I am enjoying the story. I can see why people might knock the graphics but they are still good.
    Logging on - I missed the first 24 hours because I had to work but played 6 hours today with not a single issue.
    DRM - really what is the issue here. In my books Blizzard is one of the few companies that support the PC so if they want to add DRM to protect their millions of dollars of investment so they can keep making PC games then it is okay by me. If you can't get an Internet connection where you live then get a pirate version because then in blizzards eyes you are not a potential customer, as you have no Internet they haven't lost any revenue from you by you getting a pirate version.
    For those of you giving scores of 0 the game hasn't met your expectation, move on and make way for the millions of people that will love this game.
  23. May 16, 2012
    This game is wonderfully rendered and creates a real atmosphere of peril and impending need. The graphics are appropriate for the theme which is a dark dungeon crawl, the voice acting is stellar and the gameplay is exactly what I expected from the Diablo franchise. I find this game immensely satisfying and moreover I'm confident that with the already announced updates of PVP and contentThis game is wonderfully rendered and creates a real atmosphere of peril and impending need. The graphics are appropriate for the theme which is a dark dungeon crawl, the voice acting is stellar and the gameplay is exactly what I expected from the Diablo franchise. I find this game immensely satisfying and moreover I'm confident that with the already announced updates of PVP and content this game will not only continue to be my favorite but will grow to be one of the best games in its genre. For all the online-only play haters out there, I agree it isn't optimal, but I believe the added bonus of the Auction house and deterence of cheaters which have run rampant in online games in the past, will be well worth the occassional first day glitches that are bound to be there. Expand
  24. May 16, 2012
    Its over, i have to say, this is a very good game and I cant wait to get to level 60.

Ive been waiting for this game for so much time, back when I was 8 or 9 me and a friend were playing D2 and we wanted to know the rest of the story, and I think the plot of this title was fairly descent, except of the linear story. The gameplay was great, typical hack and slash at the diablo taste. The

The gameplay was great, typical hack and slash at the diablo taste. The new "Spell System" with the runes and everything is working quite good imo, so in PvP you wont see players with the same build as you and you have a lot of versatility in what you wanna go. Yes, the character creation screen sucked but you could at least change your gender.

Graphics, kinda a bit old graphics but hey, if you compare this to D2 you're supposed to be really happy lol.

Sound, nothing to say on this, zombie screams, epic classical music, everything was perfect on this side.

Overall everything was amazing except the launch day with all the lag and disconnects. I think most people are hating this game cause they wanted a 100% ripoff from D2 with all the same classes and all the same system, but I still preffer the new system, enjoy and stop ragin' butthurt kidz.
  25. May 16, 2012
    Esses que estão falando mal do jogo, estão avaliando os momentos iniciais do jogo. Não sabem que todos esses bugs poderão ser corrigidos no final. Deveriam avaliar o jogo pelo que realmente poderá se tornar com o fim dos bugs.
  26. May 16, 2012
    Generally a perfect Sequel to Diablo II and LoD, although maybe a bit to easy on normal.
    Quite balanced and the random level and events generator seems to do an amazing job. I have finished the game in normal with 2 different characters, and had a quite different experience both times, because of locations that change and new bosses, and events.
    Been a fan since Diablo I and will clearly
    Been a fan since Diablo I and will clearly look forward to Diablo IV.
    It is a crying shame that whiny kids try to boycott the games score because of server issues, I think a game should be judged based on the game, not the server capacity. Should Blizzard have anticipated this ? YES.
    Are we grown ups, who know mistakes can happen ? YES
  27. May 16, 2012
    Ignore the whiners.. Diablo 3 is one of the best computer games ever made. I played EQ for 7 years, WoW for 6 years, and I will be playing this one for years to come(with expansions eventually). Beautiful graphics, great control. It is Diablo. People are just whining about everything and most of them were(or still are) in elementary school when Diablo 2 came out and weren't even born forIgnore the whiners.. Diablo 3 is one of the best computer games ever made. I played EQ for 7 years, WoW for 6 years, and I will be playing this one for years to come(with expansions eventually). Beautiful graphics, great control. It is Diablo. People are just whining about everything and most of them were(or still are) in elementary school when Diablo 2 came out and weren't even born for the first one. I loved Diablo 1 in college.. I liked Diablo 2(I had my reservations about it) but with Diablo 3 they have fixed everything I wanted and did so much more! Expand
  28. May 16, 2012
    I like the story and the gameplay. People who gives it a 0/10 are whiners. Here are some news for you: 1.Yes, you need an internet connection to play, but it's year 2012. It's not that hard or expensive to have one.
    2. The real money auction house? YOU DON*T HAVE TO USE IT, I'm sure most people won't. They are not forcing you to use it.
    3. About the error codes, I got them aswell. But
    3. About the error codes, I got them aswell. But the servers are overloaded, it will be better. And if you give the game a 0 because of this you're pathetic.
    4. The graphics are bad? No, Diablo is supposed to have an artstyle like this. What do you want? FPS style with the flashiest game engine?
    5. The story and the gameplay is not bad. But I understand why 99% of you don't get the story when you rush through the game. Maybe you should play at a slower pace and pay more attention on detalis and lore? And the voiceacting is not bad.

Is nothing good enough for you spoiled brats? First Mass Effect 3 and now this. Get a life whiners. For me it's not a 10/10, but since the whinepatrol gives it 0/10, I will give it 10/10.
  29. May 16, 2012
    If you're an ACTUAL gamer that plays games for GAMEplay, then please read.
    If you're an ACTUAL gamer that plays games for GAMEplay, then please read.
    It's sad to see how many people give this game a 0 for really stupid reasons... The connection problems are not the game, that's the server, you try designing a server that can handle THAT much traffic on release day, it's impossible. Give it a week TOPS and things will be running smoothly. Complaining about DRM is just stupid, you bought the game, you paid your service, enjoy it and shut up. Now with all this BS aside, let's get to the actual game.
    So far from what I've seen this game is pretty damn good, not perfect, no diablo 2, put damn near perfect:
    1) Graphics, I honestly don't give a damn about graphics... people seemed to have forgotten that games are about GAMEplay remember that part in a game? The GAME? Oh yeah, that. You want to see good graphics? Watch a movie. Besides that, the graphics were fine, pretty, cool art style, clean UI, everything looks nice.
    2) Gameplay - oh yeah! That important thing. So far, it's great, the only flaws I can see with it, is the fact that new characters are always going to be the same, you unlock skills in a very linear pattern allowing for no creativity early on, until about lvl 7-10 when you start making choices. Also the lack of attributes kinda made me frown :( Other than that, the gameplay and loot system is the same of what we know and love from D2.
    3) Other nonsense - Online play is kinda weird. I don't like that you can't play offline single player, a bit of a letdown if I do say. The Auction House thing seems cool - it's not for everyone, but I don't think people should rate it down for that. It's like if someone gave you a great game and said "here, OH and there's this extra feature if you want to use it too, but you don't have to." It's not like you NEED the auction house to get gear.
    That about wraps things up. This game certainly doesn't deserve the 3.6 it has. It's not THAT bad, just people being trolls. In reality, I would give this game a 9/10 BUT because of the amount of trolls that need to be countered, I'm giving it a ten. Maybe someday the 10's will displace the 0's...
  30. May 16, 2012
    I don't know how people could not enjoy this game if they liked Diablo II. This game takes everything great about that game and makes for a very fun experience. Even though it might have had some issues on release with servers, that doesn't make the game worse. It is a very fast-paced game that really draws you in, in a way that I think is better than its prequel. Skills are mapped to keysI don't know how people could not enjoy this game if they liked Diablo II. This game takes everything great about that game and makes for a very fun experience. Even though it might have had some issues on release with servers, that doesn't make the game worse. It is a very fast-paced game that really draws you in, in a way that I think is better than its prequel. Skills are mapped to keys to make them very easy to use, and the new potion/town portal system makes for combat that is very fast-paced, dynamic, and non-stop. Whereas in Diablo II sometimes there was too much prolonged battles where you had to go use town portals and go back to town to restock several times, this combat system is more smooth and great. Also, inventory management is easier and more streamlined, which is great. Overall, a great game that has improved on its predecessors in just about every way. And with the skill choices, the higher level you are, the more great choices you can make in regards to what kind of skill combinations you want to use. This makes for a great way to build the kind of character you want, and nothing to complain about. People that talk it down this game wanted just a carbon copy of diablo II, and while that was a great game, I'm glad that Blizzard changed it up with the release of this game. Some people can't take change, but this game is very polished and fun, definitely a change for the better. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012