DiRT PC

7.1

1. JE
    Jun 29, 2007
    Great game, can't see why people are having controller issues an complaining about 'floaty' feeling. These can all be solved by setting your car up better. With a few tweaks here and there you can solve handling problems. Great tracks and cars. Amazing graphics. More emphasis is placed on off roading U.S. style than good old European rallying. This is Colin McRae for the Great game, can't see why people are having controller issues an complaining about 'floaty' feeling. These can all be solved by setting your car up better. With a few tweaks here and there you can solve handling problems. Great tracks and cars. Amazing graphics. More emphasis is placed on off roading U.S. style than good old European rallying. This is Colin McRae for the American market. Expand
  2. WillT.
    Jul 22, 2007
    Looks nice but isn't a whole lot of fun to play. Controls are very difficult to master and I never really feel like I'm in control of the vehicles. Who wants to spend all day setting up cars just to get the game to a point where it can be fun to play?
  3. MarcoL.
    Apr 7, 2008
    This is an amazing game. the only reason people can be complaining about the controls is because they are only used to nascar/F1 racing games, if you know what I mean. I do understand however that some hardcore CM fans might be disappointed with this one though, since it focus more on variety than in hardcore rally, but i certainly like it more this way, I've been playing nothing but This is an amazing game. the only reason people can be complaining about the controls is because they are only used to nascar/F1 racing games, if you know what I mean. I do understand however that some hardcore CM fans might be disappointed with this one though, since it focus more on variety than in hardcore rally, but i certainly like it more this way, I've been playing nothing but this game for the past week. Simply staggering. Expand
  4. JayE
    Aug 10, 2009
    Wow! This game is impressive. I've played all the Need For Speeds, Midnight Clubs, Test Drives, etc.. nothing comes close to the detail and gameplay of this game! The graphics are unbelievable and the sound is great, the vehicle dynamics are honestly the best I've ever experienced! Its very realistic, but not over the top and annoying like other games. I agree that the controls Wow! This game is impressive. I've played all the Need For Speeds, Midnight Clubs, Test Drives, etc.. nothing comes close to the detail and gameplay of this game! The graphics are unbelievable and the sound is great, the vehicle dynamics are honestly the best I've ever experienced! Its very realistic, but not over the top and annoying like other games. I agree that the controls are tricky and hard to get used to, so if you want to play a simplified arcade game like Sega Rally or Daytona, you have come to the wrong place. When you do master the controls (which should take a few hours+), its fun and challenging at the same time. Some tracks can be very hard to finish 1st, but its the kind of game where you don't get bored replaying the same track over and over. Every time you play, you improve your skill, and winning the race is rewarding. Driving on the German slopes in a Peugeot 307 with a Logitech G25 Steering Wheel set to 270 degrees rotation - amazing stuff! Expand
  5. DaveP.
    Jun 18, 2007
    Stunning game. Top-notch graphics, intense gameplay, LOTS of content. Simply the best racing game on PC.
  6. BP
    Jun 23, 2007
    It's much more of a "game" than GTR2, but that also makes it much more accessible, and just oh so beautiful. Each track is truly a delight to drive. Probably my favorite driving game in many years of playing racing games.
  7. JakeP.
    Aug 13, 2007
    I hope they return to the roots of the CMR series. The previous games had a more serious tone, and focused on rally. This was a good enough game I guess, but not what I was looking for in a CMR game.
  8. DaveW.
    Aug 25, 2007
    This is the best driving/rally game I've played since the original Colin McRea Rally on the PS1. It controls well, looks better than any driving game released to date, has a ton of tracks over a variety of modes, and has a very full featured online rally mode. The interface also deserves props for being stylish and original. The only thing that stops me rating this 10 the lack of This is the best driving/rally game I've played since the original Colin McRea Rally on the PS1. It controls well, looks better than any driving game released to date, has a ton of tracks over a variety of modes, and has a very full featured online rally mode. The interface also deserves props for being stylish and original. The only thing that stops me rating this 10 the lack of support for the various racing modes online. Expand
  9. Apr 5, 2012
    I am yet to play DiRT2 and DiRT3 but this is simply superb. A really good rally game with excellent graphics (considering that it was made in 2007), very good gameplay and the kind of game which gives you a satisfaction once you have completed all the races. I have finished this game twice and I am sure I will give it one more go :) Initially it may appear tough especially if you come fromI am yet to play DiRT2 and DiRT3 but this is simply superb. A really good rally game with excellent graphics (considering that it was made in 2007), very good gameplay and the kind of game which gives you a satisfaction once you have completed all the races. I have finished this game twice and I am sure I will give it one more go :) Initially it may appear tough especially if you come from the Need For Speed side of the world but once you get the hang of things and understand how the vehicles handle this is the game that you will recommend to one and all. Expand
  10. Jan 6, 2012
    This is a nice rally. Why, because it has a lots of RALLY in there! Not like Dirt 2 and Dirt 3, they don'thave more then 3 diferent maps and some rally. So this Dirt 1 is the best Dirt of all three.
  11. Bullett
    Jul 20, 2007
    Oh dear. Not much of a fun game. The Cars are almost impossible to control with the standard setup and even after a couple of hours fiddling with setting on my G25 it was not much better. Other games work out of the box, the basic levels should not be impossible to complete. Also this is not very friendly on the PC - No mouse control of the menus? come on thats just sloppy lazy Oh dear. Not much of a fun game. The Cars are almost impossible to control with the standard setup and even after a couple of hours fiddling with setting on my G25 it was not much better. Other games work out of the box, the basic levels should not be impossible to complete. Also this is not very friendly on the PC - No mouse control of the menus? come on thats just sloppy lazy programming. Looks nice though. Expand
  12. jm
    Jun 27, 2007
    Unless they fix the controller issues this game is unplayable.
  13. DennisB.
    Oct 27, 2007
    This could have been one of the greatest racing games of all time, if it wasn't plagued with some of the worst car control you will ever encounter. The terrible car control hurts this game so bad that you will not even appreciate how great the graphics are while driving, which is a real shame.
  14. BonilloB.
    Jul 6, 2007
    I'm a big CMR-fan, but this version is more like a richard burns rally clone than a colin mcrae rally game. If i could choose between a CMR '05 update or CMR Dirt, i deff choose for the update!
  15. DanJ.
    Jun 24, 2007
    It's fun. Graphics are, of course, incredible. I'm rather disappointed with the 'floaty' feeling of the vehicles - even heavy vehicles feel very light, and seem to be barely connected to the ground. On the other hand, good career mode, beautiful menus, good gameplay, and wonderful track and vehicle destruction effects.
  16. Dec 14, 2013
    Car polygon-modelling are like Race Driver 1. Not all the vehicles are too hard to drive with use of keyboard, as some of them are too easy to drive when compared to the Lotus Elise. Vehicle setup is available to correct some vehicles' slow steerings. As steering is slower than past Codemaster racing games, need to stick MORE THAN EVER to the best-line like it's a formula 1 game.

Don't

Don't know why, I couldn't apply the latest patch v1.22 on two different PC systems, both crashed with CRC errors. On WinXP, need to use no intro fix to get past the BGM that could freeze or pausing almost to a stop. On Windows 7, need to connected onto internet to play to avoid stutterings during gameplay.

I wonder how many out there use a steering wheel to play a racing game? Maybe 1 out 10?
  17. Dec 10, 2013
    This is all about using the keyboard to play:
    The 4x4 4WD trucks handling is good enough. Different vehicle class has very different handlings, some pretty pleasant and easy to drive, so are hard-ass like it’s Formula 1.
    This is all about using the keyboard to play:
    But Lotus Elise (or similar sportcar models) has poor dampling (33% bad), poor stability control (only 67% effective), rather poor braking help (20% bad). Traction control is not bad after all, but it’s not realistic after you bump into something to a near-stop speed and then step on the gas pedal too soon, that along with the bug like dampling calculation spins your car around non-sensely!
    Still talking about the Lotus Elise (vehicle class) you can't steer faster enough around U bends (33% too slow). The dampling are too sensitive sometimes. You better use a steering wheel to drive.
    Lack of steering speed and brake strength adjustments for keyboard is a put off! The playing off various kind of short videos per event or at some races here and there are time wasting! No key assigned to skip past those confusing videos.
    Buy FlatOut 1 instead!
  18. Jul 31, 2012
    good game but the cars handle pretty weirdly and its hard to get used to, the car set up is a little overkill and the bloom effect gets really annoying after a while. If your thinking about buying this over dirt 2 its probably not a great idea if you want a really good rally game spend the extra ten bucks and get dirt 2 its the best in the series in my opinion. these games are best playedgood game but the cars handle pretty weirdly and its hard to get used to, the car set up is a little overkill and the bloom effect gets really annoying after a while. If your thinking about buying this over dirt 2 its probably not a great idea if you want a really good rally game spend the extra ten bucks and get dirt 2 its the best in the series in my opinion. these games are best played with a controller or wheel. Expand
  19. Mar 24, 2013
    Many says rally racing is suppose to be fight against the time. In this particular game however, I felt I'm fighting against the car. If you wanted to play this game without racing wheel, then you'll be just frustrated at how car handles. Handling of each car is just too sensitive, it feels more like you're driving RC car rather than fully powered 4WD rally machine. I bet most troubleMany says rally racing is suppose to be fight against the time. In this particular game however, I felt I'm fighting against the car. If you wanted to play this game without racing wheel, then you'll be just frustrated at how car handles. Handling of each car is just too sensitive, it feels more like you're driving RC car rather than fully powered 4WD rally machine. I bet most trouble you'll have in this game is just fighting against your vehicle as each brief thrust of arrow key throws your car into water puddle, cliff, or the wall that just happens to be there in right place and right time.

Other than that, this is decent game. Graphic is very good, each rally stage is well crafted and co-driver pointing out detail of each rally stage was very interesting. Car model in particular is just breathtaking. Also being able to control replay video is also nice, too. Bumping car you'll never be able to drive into wall and just watching the car broken down piece by piece via replay never gets old.

So, if you have racing wheel to compensate for this lousy control, feel free to play this game. It is a lot of fun if you get over it. If you are keyboard crowd, then move along. You'll probably find better experience in Colin McRae Rally 2005, and DiRT 2, if you're more casual gamer like I am, and Richard Burns Rally, if you're simulation fan to your core.
  20. Sep 1, 2013
    Nice graphics, cool gameplay but too much racing tracks.I passed this game for 2 or 3 months. With long pauses certainly But game really too long and i sometimes tired from this game.
  21. Nov 30, 2014
    Do not know why but this game just do not liked at all. Do not know why it seems too simple ... and very very Repetititve. I know all racing games are so just do not know. After a while it installs boredom.

1. McRae's finest outing to date (minus, of course, Colin himself). The new types of racing offer far more variety of gameplay, the sound effects are impressive and there are eye-searingly gorgeous graphics and an excellent career mode to boot.
  2. As a graphical showpiece, DiRT is an unbridled success. It also happens to be an entirely enjoyable rally racer.
  3. So in all, DiRT definitely stands out as a premiere racing game. The gameplay is great—though it may take a bit of getting used to for those you stick to common racing games—and the graphics help push it along as well.