8.2

1. Jul 29, 2013
    Fans of Heroes 3 didn't like it because you can't move the units here, but for my liking this game is actually better than Heroes 3. The only thing that frustrated me was that the attacks don't have 100% chance of hitting. Meaning that on hard bosses (e.g. dragons) you may need to just reload and reload until finally none of your units miss and your battle plan succeeds. Actually I went ahead and edited the file with configuration of the abilities of units and set all the accuracy to 100% and reduced the damage accordingly I never screamed in anger at the screen any more.
    All in all, it's a nice strategy game which takes the concept of Heroes 3 and makes it simpler, but without any real loss of gameplay.
  2. Dec 30, 2012
    I cant tell you how entertaining this game is, artistically wonderful athmospere and impressive musics, nice and simple graphics, warning the game supports 1024x800 resolution maximum and disciples-3 was a dissapointment after such a masterpiece.
  3. Dec 13, 2012
    Fantastic HoMM-style turn-based strategy RPG built around Norse mythology marred by some poor game design choices. There's great variety between the races and each has their own campaign, with each faction having a distinct style. The combat is unique and feels like Ogre Battle but this is also one of it's biggest problems; similarly to Ogre Battle, if all of your units in a party die, they are gone forever. Your favorite hero and his units will transfer between missions so this means if one of your super-units dies you can potentially throw the campaign. The terrain control mechanic is a great visual representation of your area control but I find it downplayed in many missions because of a turn limit or boss rush. Hero customization is diverse and has more options than HoMM but they are slower to level up. Although it has aged poorly, this is a great HoMM alternative that is worth checking out if you're a fan of strategy games. Expand
  4. Jul 29, 2013

Whenever you add a new race into an already established game, the question of game balance becomes an important issue. Rise of the Elves does an excellent job in this regard, as the Elf retinue is not overly powerful nor are they fodder for the other four races.
  2. Perhaps the biggest plus is that these Elves aren't fey forest pansies like the usual Tolien-influenced woodland folk. They're as dark and pissed-off as everyone else in the Disciples world. [Mar 2004, p.71]
  3. If you are a veteran of the D2 series, Rise of the Elves adds in a cool new army to play with and hours of gameplay for the new missions, and while there’s nothing new or revolutionary that really seemed to go on, that can be a good thing.