8.2

1. Feb 21, 2016
    The Disciples series has always been one of those I hold close to my heart. I started out playing a demo for Disciples II: Dark Prophecy and fell in love with that game's dark atmosphere, music and gorgeous gothic illustration used for the UI and character portraits. I then saw Disciples: Sacred Lands on a shelf in Circuit City. It seemed so unassuming sitting there among all the moreThe Disciples series has always been one of those I hold close to my heart. I started out playing a demo for Disciples II: Dark Prophecy and fell in love with that game's dark atmosphere, music and gorgeous gothic illustration used for the UI and character portraits. I then saw Disciples: Sacred Lands on a shelf in Circuit City. It seemed so unassuming sitting there among all the more recent titles. And yet it was that game that my eyes were drawn too. I paid the ten dollars for the game and walked out of that store feeling as if I had stumbled upon the holy grail. Now things could have gone differently. I figured I loved Dark Prophecy so the first one had to be good too right?

I got the game home opened up the nice little box the jewel case came in and installed the game. A gorgeous cutscene played and before long I was in the game and having a blast. The core mechanics that made Dark Prophecy such a joy were present here. And while the game wasn't quite as pretty as its successor it still was a gem. A diamond in the rough.

Today when there are so many big budget games that turn out to be disappointments. Its nice to see a classic gem like this find new life through digital distribution. If you are a fan of the Disciples series or Disciples II Dark Prophecy you owe it to yourself to play this game.

Now there may be some issues with getting this game to work on modern PC's. But there seem to be numerous ways of editing the ini file to get it to run properly. I imagine you could also try running the game/steam in compatibility mode.
    (reposted from my Steam review)

There are no critic reviews yet.